PDA

View Full Version : Something Something Ennakum Unnakum - Devi Sri Prasad

slperson1
17th June 2006, 08:21 PM
Movie: Something Something Ennakum Unnakum
MD: Devi Sri Prasad
Cast: Jayam Ravi & Trisha

1) Something Something : (Tippu)
2) Pooparikka Neeyum : (Shankar Mahadevan)
3) Kiliye Kiliye : (Jassie Gift)
4) Un Paarvaiyil : (Karthik & Sumangali)
5) Aagayam : (S.P.Bala) :
6) Kozhi Veda Kozhi : (Naveen & Priya)

tracks 1,2,3,4 & 5 come from the original movie while track 6 is an original tune. The lyrics to Kiliye Kiliye don't flow as well as the original it'll take a couple listenings to get use to.

inetk
17th June 2006, 10:01 PM
100 words!
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/

Pveena
18th June 2006, 02:07 AM
Anyone know where we can hear these new songs?

Thanks! :)

aruvi
18th June 2006, 02:17 AM
Hmm..it mostly happens that when music directors use original tunes from another language film, the songs will be lousy. But I doubt it has as much to do with DSP's wish as the director and hero's(brothers). I guess they think they will be lucky that way. For there first two films, they used tunes from the telugu originals. I recall that songs were lifted by Srikanth Deva(probably under pressure from director). I don't know why DSP agreed to work on the remake if he isn't allowed to give fresh tunes.

As a music director, DSP is very good. He gives a fresh sound to his albums, when not under pressure for big productions. For example, Sontham, Anandam, Varsham(nuvvostanante song) can still be heard and enjoyed. Then he works for big stars like Chiru and Nag, and has to compromise on his creativity.

Anyhow, music(photography, choreography) and siddharth (fresh look) made the original flick run. I wonder how well Jayam Ravi can carry the flick.

baba88
18th June 2006, 02:20 AM
www.tamilmp3tracks.com

slperson1
18th June 2006, 02:25 AM
Aruvi,
He was the original composer for the telugu movie that is probably why he opted for the remake as well. The songs sound great in tamil, hats off to na muthukumar.

rashid2raj
18th June 2006, 04:06 PM
I loved the Un Paarvaiyil song in telugu.. it's also good in tamil.. I don't know how Ravi will do Siddarths role.. Siddarth was so fresh.. I jus can't imagine Ravi.. :shock: Doesn't matter.. TRISHA is there.. :P

july
19th June 2006, 11:50 AM
I loved the Un Paarvaiyil song in telugu.. it's also good in tamil.. I don't know how Ravi will do Siddarths role.. Siddarth was so fresh.. I jus can't imagine Ravi.. :shock: Doesn't matter.. TRISHA is there.. :P

100% agreed..me too wondering how the hell ravi gonna do sidarth role.. :roll:
truly ravi not suit to that role...

rajdes
19th June 2006, 06:35 PM
Nuvvosthanante... was the first album of DSP I took seriously with "Ninu Eppudaina"(I think that should be the un paarvaiyil one in tamil) taking the cake. As Aruvi mentioned, DSP does have a few good songs to his credit, though they get deluged under the waves of mediocrity he seems to keep producing for the big banners.

The movie was a load of crap with lots of Prabhudeva brand toilet humour(literally), and I wonder how it became a superhit. Maybe the Trisha factor and Siddharth's freshness adding to the package made a difference. Srihari was credible too as the affectionate elder brother, a staple routine role, though - now, Prabhu is going to be a riot in that role is what I guess - After "Enna kodumai idhu saravanan", I can imagine Prabhu drawing some unintentional guffaws in the crucial "sentiment" scenes :-)

interz
19th June 2006, 08:03 PM
I liked the telugu version songs much better.

Has DSP ran out of ideas for composing new tunes???

kameshratnam
21st June 2006, 05:23 PM
IMHO, nee varum pothu from mazhai was nt good.

I am sure these songs in Some thing Something wud have a telugu flavor and from ur reviews i find they did have.

its too early to comment on DSP. He is more of sound and gimmicks.
And he is venturing into a territory which is ruled by lions like Ilayaraaja, A R Rahman, Yuvan, Vidyasagar

Its sad today that a lot of films are remakes.

The Remake brothers have teamed again and we dont know what we can expect from "Remake" Ravi.

Its worth a mention that both his straight films BOMBED

DAS AND IDHAYA THIRUDAN..

But no use cribbing...VIjay is the leader of remake followed by ravi

kb
23rd June 2006, 09:52 PM
aagayam song by SPB is very very gud... :notworthy:

aruvi
24th June 2006, 11:24 AM
I too didn't like the songs of Mazhai. They were too telugu-ish, at least, the lyrics fit the music and mood. Remaking same tunes for another language doesn't always work. Even if the lyrics are good, the flow of the language matters. That is the problem when we try to stick to the same tunes. I heard only "Un Paarvayil" from Something. It sounds alright, but still...he could have done better were he allowed to compose new tunes. See how much the brain the producer/director is using, the title itself is derived from a song in the telugu version.

As far as I can remember, IR had some good movies in Tamil and Telugu(dubbed films) that had awesome songs in both versions. They are Idayathai Thirudathey, Udhayam, and Kadhal Devathai. I bet there are some other films.

I sincerely wish that producers will let DSP come up with original tracks and give him the time and freedom to come up with good albums. It's not that he is incapable. I feel that among the younger lot of musicians, he offers lots of freshness and a touch of nativity. I will say somethings about his telugu hits to show just how good his work CAN be...I forgot to mention Arya film songs earlier. Basically, the songs boosted the film to become such a big hit. Anandam songs were big hits. Even Varsham, it was songs that gave film repeat value. Sontham's saving grace were the songs.

aruvi
24th June 2006, 11:26 AM
Meant to say, lyrics don't fit the tune and mood, at least, compared to Telugu version.

slperson1
8th July 2006, 08:22 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/7757.html