PDA

View Full Version : Losing Some Weight

dietcrack
20th June 2006, 05:50 PM
Hi,
I would like to get some advice on losing weight. I am a South Indian and eat rice afternoon and night Morning are
idly, dosai, upma and some times cereal.
I was browsing in the web to get some information
on south indian diets, but everything was mentioned as stick to low carb diet. I am not sure what are those.(south indian food) I have mixed opinion on chapattis too.

Iam 29 and i have elevated Blood Pressure on and off and i had gestational diabetics. So, I am trying to do something abt
my health.I get terrible migrane if i don't eat well. Atleast that is what my assumption is, may be i am wrong. I don't mind sticking to a routine everyday like cereal, chappati etc. Please suggest
or post some recipes or redirect me to other sites which provide these information. Thanks for your time

dsath
20th June 2006, 09:34 PM
I would strongly recommend consulting with a dietician before starting your diet program given your medical conditions. Only a qualified dietician will be able to offer you the correct guidance.
May be if post which city/town you are from, some fellow hubbers might be able to help you in finding professional advice.
Good Luck.

dietcrack
21st June 2006, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the advice.

dev
21st June 2006, 06:51 AM
Dietcrack, pls chk this link... http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2216&start=0
U can find some info there... Asdsath said, it's better to consult a professional dietican considering ur medical condition...