PDA

View Full Version : crispy potato chips

honeydew
21st June 2006, 02:18 PM
hi all,
Any one help to make crispy chips in oven, I have microwave conventional oven,with double grill. for making the crispy snack like chips , roasting potato which mode i have to choose.can i use aluminium foil for microwave and conventional cooking .is there particular side i need to use while using foil.The word bake is for conventional cooking right ? BRoil means grilling right ? can i use glass dish for grilling and baking in conventional mode.sorry for lot of questions. pls help for my query thanks in advance.

regds
honey

dev
21st June 2006, 03:41 PM
I do it this way... grease a microwave safe place with non-stick spray... cut tht potatotoes into even, very thin rounds... Misx them with salt(very little) & a bit of oil(optional) spread them in a single layer ,without crowding them . on the plate & cook in the microwave till brown spots start appearing... mine took around 3-4 mins for each batch...Watch it closely as they tend to go from brown to burns very fast...

bingleguy
21st June 2006, 05:01 PM
seems a great idea ... potato chips n Microwave oven :-) yummy ! Thanks Dev, that was a very useful info !

Alan
21st June 2006, 06:10 PM
bingleguy, is that u in ur avatar?

dev
21st June 2006, 08:44 PM
seems a great idea ... potato chips n Microwave oven :-) yummy ! Thanks Dev, that was a very useful info !

Most welcome,BG... But it needs a lot of patience & the non-stick spray is a must... else the potatoes will stick on to the plate... I have been planning to try drying the sliced potatoes & them microwave it... That way it might not stick to the plate... Will have to try it ...Hopefully, I'll be able to overcome my laziness & try it out soon... :oops:

honeydew
22nd June 2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks dev, i did it it was good and it came out crispy , i just sprinkled garlic ,onion powder , salt and pepper and little bit oil to it ,output was good thanks for ur reply

dev
22nd June 2006, 02:04 PM
:notworthy:

gkals
27th June 2006, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

Now its summer in US.Have anyone tried to make vathal/chips by drying it in the sun(in USA)?.Please share the recipe if so.I would like to make rice vathals.Please help.
Thanks in advance
from
kals

Anoushka
28th June 2006, 03:17 PM
Dev, tried your recipe..... turned out quite good :) thanks :)

dev
28th June 2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Anou... I actually found this recipe from a blog... Don't remember the name though...

BTW, did u manage to get it out without sticking on to the plate?...

Anoushka
6th July 2006, 02:55 PM
Dev, most of it did not stick on the plate... I didn't use the spray so I was sure it would stick but it wasn't that bad :)