PDA

View Full Version : Suresh Gopi

Alan
24th June 2006, 09:50 PM
The poor Guy does not deserve this traumatic phase in his career. I 've enjoyed most of his movies though ppl say he is sterotyped, yet I think he's the most 'made-up' man in Malayalam Movies. Egs are Different Make up in "Kaliyattom", "Kulam", "Ponnuchami", "Naagapanchami(which I have not seen)" "Thiragalkkappuram"(Which again I have not seen) other than the ordinary.

He's also known to be an excellant Family man, unlike the 'stray cats & dogs" in the Film Industry. Its unfair that ppl hurt him most in his 'bad phase".

best
26th June 2006, 11:21 AM
Even I like Suresh Gopis acting a lot.. more natural.. Hes a gud actor .. I like his movie "Pathram" etc..

bingleguy
26th June 2006, 11:28 AM
Suresh Gopi ! A awesome taker of roles .... has fit excellently well in almost all the roles he has taken ! I love his acting :-)

but tell me Alan ... wats his prob now ! i used to watch his movies, but dont know much n wats happ in the Kerala Film Industry :roll: can u update me on his issues !

swathy
26th June 2006, 01:05 PM
I like him very much. My sis's fav hero .

Sandeep
26th June 2006, 02:13 PM
Nothing is happening. He did some good Action/Police roles (Thalasthanam, Ekalavyan, Commissioner) which made him a mass hero. But he lacked range and so became stereotyped in Action/Police movies which where not even close to being good. Then he tried doing some variety roles but didn't click with critics or mass. His performance in "Kaliyatom" even got him a Bharath award (Best actor national award) but the heroine in the movie (Manju Warrior) got more attention from critics as well as audience.

Resently he did a come back with sequel to Commisioner which did very well. But his later movies have not got the "Super hit" tag.

Sandeep
26th June 2006, 02:33 PM
Suresh Gopi's Movie history

First appearance was as a child artiste in Odayil Ninnu (1965). Having acted in 80 odd films.

Initially Suresh made his rounds of production offices and came up with only yes boss type of roles. He got recognized with his Villian roles in two Mohanlal movies Rajavinte Maghan (King's Son) and Irupatham Noottandu (20th century).

His first break as hero was in Thalasthanam (Capital) directed by ShajiKailas and written by Renji Panicker. Next were Ekalavyan and Comissioner after which he was known as the `roaring lion of Kerala'. Powerful dialogues and good action scenes with a big physique Suresh filled the void left behind by Late Jayan. Apart from action roles he has done serious movies too and even got the state and national award for best acting for the film Kaliyattom.

Alan
26th June 2006, 02:39 PM
He said in an interviw that he was accused to misleading kids, because of the bad language in his dialogues. Hence the decision to back out of such roles.

As if kids wouldn't learn such stuff otherwise!

Sandeep
26th June 2006, 02:47 PM
To tell the truth the word "Sh*t" became a school kid word after he used repeatedly in Ekalavyan.

Let me try to translate one of his famous (oft repeated) dialog from Commisioner into english. "no use of mixing and eating your bosses urine and urea daily and sitting with you tail in your ass"

Then some dialogs on women with loose character.

hmm...

Teenagers like me (at that time) really enjoyed these punch dialogs

Alan
27th June 2006, 12:30 PM
But Sandeep, it is not just him who uses such words- Mammootty has used then. Then there could be others whose names I don't kknow.

First of all why should parents take their "innocent, angelic" kids for such movies? I strongly think children should be kept away from all kinds of movies until they are 16 yrs old!

Alan
27th June 2006, 11:32 PM
Well I have not seen the movies u have mentioned, Sandeep. but an 80's movie of his that I remember & really liked are: Thooval Sparsham , though its only a Guest role!

Alan
27th June 2006, 11:34 PM
Well I have not seen the movies u have mentioned, Sandeep. but an 80's movie of his that I remember & really liked are: Thooval Sparsham , though its only a Guest role!

Alan
27th June 2006, 11:38 PM
His family comprises of wife Radhika & children- Gokul, Bhavya, Bavini & Madhav.

Sandeep
28th June 2006, 01:40 PM
Sureshgopi is a pious family man. No doubt about that.

And nobody banned or protested against his movies.

But as you suggested families ignored his movies and also the general quality of the movies came down.

Malayalam movie industry is driven by the families and if you repeatedly provoke them no star can sustain, they just stop coming to your movies. Even the most loved Mohanlal was taught this lesson in 2001-2003 period.

Alan
29th June 2006, 08:34 PM
Very true!!!!!!!!!!

But I still like Suresh Gopi- He has at least had the mentality to quit movies, when he was accused, unlike the shameless & greedy actors who continue doing cheaper & cheaper movies, despite the fact that audience accuse them or boycott them.

There's a certain magnetism to his persona, a certain rhythm in his speech delivery, a certain style in the way he walks & acts- he's definitely a style setter.

Alan
30th June 2006, 11:20 PM
I was so surprised to see how his wife has maintained her figure after having 4 children. My mom & aunts lost their lissome figures after the first pregnancy itself!

Sandeep
3rd July 2006, 07:39 AM
She is a singer. Had sung some movie songs and Devotional songs. But never seemed to take singing as an all out profession.

Alan
4th July 2006, 11:06 AM
Yes, I know- A very beautiful woman too & the grandaughter of a yesteryear actress, right? I was told the name but I orgot.

Suchithra Warrier
17th March 2011, 11:19 PM
ummmm family man????!!!!!!!!!he s sucha big womanizer!!!!hav got a close frnd who is a film producer, he had told me suresh gopi's "rasaleelaas"........gaaaawd he s not wot v c in d movies!!!