PDA

View Full Version : Petition

Alan
26th June 2006, 11:49 AM
On January 3, 2006, 18-year-old Nazanin was sentenced to death for murder by court in Iran after she reportedly admitted fatally stabbing one of three men who attempted to rape her and her 16-year-old niece in a park in Karaj (a suburb of Tehran) in March 2005. She was seventeen at the time. Her sentence is subject to review by the Court of Appeal, and if upheld, to confirmation by the Supreme Court.

According to reports in the Iranian newspaper E’temaad, Nazanin told the court that three men had approached her and her niece, forced them to the ground and attempted to rape them. Seeking to defend her niece and herself, Nazanin stabbed one man in the hand with a knife that she possessed. As the men continued their attack, she stabbed another of the men in the chest, which eventually caused his death. She reportedly told the court “I wanted to defend myself and my niece. I did not want to kill that boy. At the heat of the moment I did not know what to do because no one came to our help”. She was nevertheless sentenced to the maximum punishment possible under the law, death by hanging.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Nazanin/

If you don't think Nazanin should be hanged, sign this petition.
Thanks.

pavalamani pragasam
26th June 2006, 12:01 PM
Cannot help remembering Mahatma Gandhi exhorting women to use their nails & teeth to defend their honour when they have no other weapon with them.
The world needs more Gandhis!

solona
27th June 2006, 06:03 AM
So horrible, wonder wether we are in 21 st century or what. I pray for this poor girl and sign th epetition at once. Hope it will be heard.

Alan
27th June 2006, 12:33 PM
Its rather ironical that such a religious country treats its women worse than dogs.

skanthan
27th June 2006, 07:45 PM
Yeah! It is discusting! :evil: I think that in any countery, the man who rapes a woman or anyone who abuses anybody in anyway should be punished in such a way that no one will ever repeat that mistake again!

Alan
27th June 2006, 09:46 PM
Otherwise these Islamic Nations are so eager on severing limbs- even for petty thefts!

Alan
13th July 2006, 08:54 AM
I had expected more signatures, honestly.

crazy
13th July 2006, 03:40 PM
ALAN.....................does ur sign gonna make any difference on that conservative islamic country????????????
i really wonder................they have their own shariya or whatever law?

anyway i sign the petition..............INSHA ALLAH she will be free soon!

malsi
13th July 2006, 08:19 PM
i am signing this petition....

Shakthiprabha.
14th July 2006, 11:01 PM
me 2

Alan
16th July 2006, 11:36 AM
crazy, I am not sure. But if the petitions exceed a certain number, I think she'll be set free. Let's hope for the best.

Lambretta
16th July 2006, 05:08 PM
me 2
-do-