PDA

View Full Version : Formula One - General News and Updates

ajithfederer
30th June 2006, 06:01 AM
This thread is dedicated to all Formula One Fans........

:D

sgokulprathap
30th June 2006, 11:12 AM
Indha thread-a F1 nadandhuttu irukumpodhey aarambichirukalam illa.

Raikkonen
30th June 2006, 07:49 PM
As my id suggests.. im a big fan of Kimi..
I met him once when he came to Sepang GP here..
he's very fair..

altough hes a bit arrogant, but he is the most talented driver in F1 now..
Just that he is not blessed with the greatest of machines..

Hopefully he will replace Schumi one day in Ferrari, because he is the only one who can replace the legend..
not even Spanish Donkey (Alonso's nicky) :lol:

ajithfederer
30th June 2006, 07:57 PM
F1 2006 Driver's & Constructor's standings as of now

http://www.f1racing.net/en/standings.php?season=2006

ajithfederer
30th June 2006, 08:02 PM
Check out Itv's tribute to Ayrton senna....... :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YmlkVwgmEA&search=itv%20tribute%20to%20ayrton%20senna

ajithfederer
30th June 2006, 08:22 PM
Ayrton senna's Fatal aacident clip: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9cbIbs9iTU&search=ayrton%20senna%20crash

kb
30th June 2006, 11:56 PM
Starkly contrasting to Senna's intense and unyielding will to win on the track, his exploits off it were humane and compassionate. He was renowned for his close relationship with Gerhard Berger, and the two were always playing practical jokes on each other.

In 1992 at Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium when during Friday free practice Erik Comas had crashed heavily on the back straight other drivers drove past the wreckage at high speed. Senna could be seen jumping out of his car and while endangering his own life, sprinting down the track to the wrecked car to reach inside and hit the electrics kill switch, to prevent a possible fire.

In 1993 again at Spa-Francorchamps when Alessandro Zanardi crashed his Lotus heavily at Eau Rouge corner, Senna could again be seen jumping out of his car to help the injured driver.

After Senna's death it was discovered that he had donated millions of dollars to children's charities, a fact that during his life, he had kept secret

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayrton_Senna

ajithfederer
2nd July 2006, 03:19 AM
Ferrari dominates the US qualifying session and schumi takes pole

:D :clap:

US Grand Prix Qualifying Results:

http://www.f1racing.net/en/raceresults.php?racepartID=844

Anoushka
2nd July 2006, 03:36 AM
F1 is getting boring again with Alonso doing what Schumi did before...

kb
3rd July 2006, 10:18 AM
schumi sizzles...
14 sec ahead..

one of luckiest snap ever.. in the first time at F1

http://i3.tinypic.com/16itdmw.gif

Anoushka
3rd July 2006, 02:06 PM
yes schumi was good! At some stage I thought it was going to be similar to last year's Indianapolis with only 6 cars finishing... but we had slightly more (9 cars finishing) this time! :)

bingleguy
3rd July 2006, 02:08 PM
I wish to know about this F1 .... can somebody tell me wat are the basics i need to know before i watch the same !

Raghu
3rd July 2006, 09:33 PM
Hows the Honda team doing?

rocketboy
3rd July 2006, 09:46 PM
I wish to know about this F1 .... can somebody tell me wat are the basics i need to know before i watch the same !

You need to know nothing. Its just like any other sport. Just sit back and enjoy watching the race These days it has become a fashion of sorts to watch motorsports. Actually it is exciting to watch a few laps but I have never sat through a full race. So next time some guy starts to reel out names like Schumi , Kimi, Pablo cut him short. Nine out of ten times it is a mere show off.

ajithfederer
3rd July 2006, 11:31 PM
Just make it a point to see some races bingle........i bet u would love the sport automatically....... :D

kb
4th July 2006, 03:14 AM
hi all.. just added a small clip..

just watch it

www.kbsays.blogspot.com or here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hiVAlt3KTM

bingleguy
4th July 2006, 08:51 AM
Rocket Boy and Ajith kutty ! :-) Thanks a TON !

This sport has been in my mind for quite some time ...i really wonder at the cost n risk involved in this game ! well i feel, why is this called a game !?

Well F1 has two main attractions
ONE -> The Machine
TWO -> The Man !

The Machine as such are costly Ferraris n much more and the COntrol of such speedy machines in the hand of man ! huh !

Instead of just talking about current races n winners only ... we shall talk about the Man, the Machine, the cost, the risk involved in F1 !

Wat say F1ites !?

Raikkonen
4th July 2006, 11:03 AM
I turned off the Tv after 20 secs
Both Mclarens went off..
Ron Dennis :hammer:

ajithfederer
16th July 2006, 10:11 PM
Michael Schumacher takes dominant Eighth french win......... :omg: :omg: :omg: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :victory: :victory: :victory: :swinghead: :swinghead: :swinghead: :smokesmile: :smokesmile: :smokesmile: :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

ajithfederer
16th July 2006, 10:14 PM
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=124446

Dominant Schumacher takes eighth French win
16 July 2006 / Results / Photos
Michael Schumacher dominated the French Grand Prix to claim his eighth victory at the Magny-Cours circuit. Fernando Alonso climbed up to second place to minimise the damage to his championship - the lead over Schumacher now 17 points. Felipe Massa brought the second Ferrari home in third.

On another very hot and sunny day in rural France air temperature was up to 34 degrees Centigrade and the track searing at 52 degrees. Ferrari lined up on the front row of the grid and Alonso stood poised in second on fresh tyres, determined to pass Massa at the start.

The lights went out and Schumacher made a perfect start from pole. Alonso cruised up alongside Felipe Massa in the first corner but the Brazilian stood his ground, forcing Alonso to take the sensible option and back out of a daring overtaking move. Alonso had another go on the run down to the Adelaide hairpin but Massa was equal to the challenge.

Behind the top three the two Toyotas were fourth and fifth ahead of Kimi Raikkonen, Fisichella and Webber.

Alonso settled then behind Massa, seemingly resigned to the fact he'd have to wait until the first pit stops to have a chance of getting by. Massa pitted first on lap 16 by which time Schumacher's lead was eight seconds. The Brazilian took on fresh tyres and fired in the fastest lap of the race to ensure that when Alonso pitted on the next lap, the Spaniard had no chance of getting past. Michael Schumacher was the last of the top three to pit on lap 18.

Toyota pitted late and while Trulli's stop went smoothly a problem with Ralf Schumacher's rear left tyre shot his race chances and delayed him some ten seconds.

The race order stabilized and as things shook out, both Ferraris pulled away from Alonso. The Spaniard got stuck in traffic in the mid sector and when Michael Schumacher made his second pit stop of the afternoon, he rejoined just behind the Renault which at that point had only stopped once. Meanwhile Toyota's chance of a great result disappeared when Trulli pulled into the garage with brake problems.

Schumacher ran patiently behind his championship rival, waiting for the Renault to peel into the pits, which he did eventually on lap 42. It then emerged that Alonso had switched to a two-stop strategy and while it would not be enough to beat Michael Schumacher, it was enough for Alonso to steal second place.

Michael Schumacher cruised home to his 88th career victory, his fourth of the season. Fernando Alonso limited the damage to his championship by a mature drive home to finish second. The Spaniard's lead is now seventeen points with seven rounds remaining.

Felipe Massa came home third to round off another strong weekend for Ferrari while Ralf Schumacher recovered from his pit stop trouble to salvage fourth for Toyota. Kimi Raikkonen scraped fifth while Fisichella had a similarly low profile afternoon to finish sixth.

De la Rosa took seventh and two points on his return to racing while Heidfeld scooped the final point for BMW.

genius
16th July 2006, 10:17 PM
I turned off the Tv after 20 secs
Both Mclarens went off..
Ron Dennis :hammer:mclaren is facing lots of reliability problems this year.. kimi is really unlucky...

ajithfederer
31st July 2006, 06:03 AM
SCHUMI HATRICK CRUSHES ALONSO LEAD

:victory: :victory: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :yes: :yes: :smokesmirk: :swinghead: :swinghead: :bluejump: :bluejump: :redjump: :redjump: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Michael Schumacher strolled to his third straight win and his fifth of the season to cut Fernando Alonso's lead by six points to just eleven, with six rounds still to go. Felipe Massa crowned another perfect result for Ferrari with second place while Kimi Raikkonen drove hard all afternoon to salvage third. Alonso could do no better than fifth.

Kimi Raikkonen made a perfect start from pole to lead Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa into the first corner. Fisichella and Alonso got up past Button, but the Honda driver fought back down the inside of the hairpin and retook fourth place, relegating Fisichella to fifth and Alonso running wide off the track and scramblingback on in sixth.

Behind the leading action, Ralf Schumacher tagged the back of Coulthard under braking for the hairpin but both managed to continue running - Ralf forced to pit for repairs.

In the first lap fun, Rosberg spun off backwards at the entry to the stadium section and slammed into the tyre barrier, marking an early end to his afternoon.

By lap five things had calmed down and Raikkonen led Michael Schumacher, Massa, Button, Fisichella, Alonso, Webber and Barrichello.

Raikkonen pitted early on lap ten, the McLaren team apparently had a problem with a sensor while refueling his before qualifying and didn't get enough in the tank. He rejoined the race in eighth and released Schumacher and Massa into the lead.

Button pitted on lap 16 from third - rejoining behind Raikkonen but passing the Finn with relative ease. Felipe Massa was the first Ferrari to pit on lap 20 while Michael Schumacher made his first stop from the lead on lap 21.

The middle part of the race settled and the only major highlights came when Rubens Barrichello's Honda engine exploded and when Jacques Villeneuve lost his BMW in the final corner of lap 32 and ploughed head first into the tyre barrier.

On lap 39 Webber provided entertainment when he barged past Fisichella for fourth place as Michael Schumacher continued to lead Massa and Button a further 25-seconds down.

By lap 40 Alonso was sixth, behind Fisichella who was struggling. The team took the moment to pull the Italian into the pits to prevent him holding up the Spaniard. Ferrari followed with Massa on lap 44 and Schumacher on lap 45, but the Italian cars were just cruising.

Lap 55 saw Raikkonen make his third stop of the afternoon and rejoin the track alongside Webber. The pair tussled into turn two, Raikkonen winning the battle for fourth down the inside. The Finn was on a charge and it took him just one more lap to close up on Button and blast by on the exit of the hairpin.

Webber's strong drive came to naught again as his car slowed and he crawled back to the garage as the engine spluttered to a slow and grizzly death. There was also a late fright for Alonso as he got sideways on the entry to the stadium section and barely held onto his Renault and fifth position. Alonso also strangely set his best lap of the race, on the penultimate lap of the afternoon.

Michael Schumacher cruised home to his 89th career victory on home soil, his fifth win of the season. Felipe Massa completed a perfect one-two for Ferrari by bringing his car home a steady second. Kimi Raikkonen's determined drive earned him third place ahead of Jenson Button.

Despite his late scare, Alonso held on to fifth but Schumacher succeeded in cutting the Spaniard's championship lead by six points to just eleven with six races remaining. Giancarlo Fisichella limped home in sixth, keeping Jarno Trulli's Toyota at bay in seventh. Christian Klien claimed the final point for Red Bull in eighth.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=125738

ajithfederer
2nd August 2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.formula1.com/news/4740.html

check out ICE-MAN KIMI RAIKKI'S interview here....

:D :D

ajithfederer
4th August 2006, 09:39 AM
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=126202

Ice man Kimi Raikkonen moving 2 Ferrari from 2007 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

'Raikkonen signed five-year deal at Ferrari'
03 August 2006
According to Finnish tabloid Ilta-Sanomat, Ferrari has exercised its option on Kimi Raikkonen to race for the Italian team next season. This means the Finn would have signed a five-year-contract.

The story is based on the Finnish tabloid's reliable sources, which are close to Kimi Raikkonen. According to the source Raikkonen's contract is worth around 160 million euros and thus the 26-year-old would earn 32 million euros a year.

Michael Schumacher said in Hockenheim he will announce his future plans in Monza and it is very likely that Raikkonen's plans will be announced shortly after Schumacher's decision was announced.

Raikkonen
4th August 2006, 09:41 AM
This is a great news..
Thats where he belongs too.. a champion to a champion team..

ajithfederer
4th August 2006, 10:03 AM
yes of course.......... :D welcome back raikki.......pls do often contribute 2 the thread....... :D

This is a great news..
Thats where he belongs too.. a champion to a champion team..

ajithfederer
5th August 2006, 12:37 AM
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=126427

Fernando Alonso was penalised by the Stewards on Friday for dangerous driving in front of Robert Doornbos during free practice. Doornbos was, according to Alonso, blocking him and thus when Alonso was able to overtake him he deliberately went slowly in front of Doornbos.

Apart from the Spaniards incident with Doornbos Alonso also overtook him under yellow flags. Both incidents will cost him one second each during qualifying.

For Alonso it will be almost impossible now to make it to the final knock-out round in qualifying with a total of two seconds being added on his qualifying time.

:lol: :lol: :rotfl:

ajithfederer
6th August 2006, 01:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/5248048.stm

Schumi woe as Raikkonen nets pole

GRID POSITIONS
Michael Schumacher
1 K Raikkonen (McLaren)
2 F Massa (Ferrari)
3 R Barrichello (Honda)
4 P De La Rosa (McLaren)
5 M Webber (Williams)
6 R Schumacher (Toyota)
7 G Fisichella (Renault)
8 J Trulli (Toyota)

Hungarian GP, 6 August, 1300 BST

Kimi Raikkonen took pole for Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix as title rivals Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso felt the effects of time penalties.

Raikkonen stole the show in the dying moments of qualifying with a time of one minute 19.599 seconds.

Ferrari's Felipe Massa was second, while team-mate Schumacher had to settle for 11th after a two-second penalty given after Saturday practice.

Renault's Alonso starts 15th after incurring the same penalty on Friday.

Alonso, who has seen his world championship lead whittled down to just 11 points by Schumacher, was penalised for a deliberate brake test and for overtaking under a flag during second practice.

Schumacher looked set to inflict more points damage on the world champion this weekend before also being docked two seconds for overtaking two cars under red flags during Saturday's final practice.

Whatever anyone says, it is still a pole and I think I can have a very good race

Kimi Raikkonen

"I'm incredibly angry, but I have to blame myself," said the German, while Ferrari's technical director Ross Brawn added: "I don't think there is an explanation - he made a mistake."

Schumacher starts Sunday's race four places ahead of Alonso, having benefited from Jenson Button's practice misery.

The Englishman took 14th place in qualifying following a 10-place penalty for an unscheduled engine change after his Honda burst into flames in final practice.

"It's very frustrating that I will be starting from 14th on the grid because of the engine failure in the morning, even more so as the car is looking good," said Button.

"This is a hard circuit to overtake on but I'm going to go out there, enjoy the race and see what we can do."

Raikkonen's last-gasp lap denied Massa his maiden pole position by 0.267secs but the Brazillian still lines up second.

Afterwards Raikkonen refused to let Schumacher's time penalty overshadow his 11th career pole.

But Raikkonen said: "Whatever anyone says, it is still a pole and I think I can have a very good race but you never know what's going to happen in F1.

"It was tough and I don't think it makes any difference about Michael - if you don't respect the rules that's what happens in racing."

Rubens Barrichello gave Honda hope of a podium return with a late lap to take third, while the other McLaren of Pedro de la Rosa is fourth.

Williams' Mark Webber briefly held second before slipping down the order to fifth on the grid, with Ralf Schumacher's Toyota starting alongside in sixth.

Meanwhile, Jacques Villeneuve's replacement at BMW Sauber - Robert Kubica - out-qualified team-mate Nick Heidfeld on his way to ninth place on the grid.

And Scotsman David Coulthard will have his work cut out if he is to score points from 12th in his Red Bull.

American Scott Speed was forced to drop a place on the grid to 20th after impeding another driver in qualifying.

Race stewards said in a statement that the Toro Rosso driver had been stripped of his three fastest qualifying lap times, allowing Super Aguri's Takuma Sato to mov up to 19th.

Anoushka
7th August 2006, 03:38 AM
Button wins the race..... Alonso crashes, schumi finishes 9th!

Anyone saw top gear last week? Button's interview was nice :) he surely has a good sense of humour :)

ajithfederer
7th August 2006, 08:54 AM
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=126687

Button wins the race.....

Raghu
7th August 2006, 04:37 PM
yes, at last button wins , bad time HONDA choses some one who wins more races!

ajithfederer
18th August 2006, 02:46 AM
:shock: :evil: :twisted:

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=127401

Jacques Villeneuve believes Schumacher has been lying to his fans and fellow drivers. The 1997 F1 World Champion said in an interview to be published next week in F1 Racing magazine that Schumacher will be easily forgotten, as he hasn't got a true personality.

"I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality," he said. "He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer and, because of that, I think the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget him. Senna, by contrast, will never be forgotten. Some of that is the James Dean factor, of course, because he was killed in action at a young age, but not all of it. I don't even think Michael will live on in people's memories as strong or as long as Prost has - certainly not as strong or as long as Mansell has. Those people attained a hero status that Michael never has and never will."

Villeneuve believes Schumacher showed his true character during qualifying in Monaco earlier this season when he blocked the track at the end of the qualifying session preventing Alonso and Raikkonen to improve their qualifying lap times. "Michael simply isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being," said Villeneuve. "Yes, Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity. When he took Prost out at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race."

"So, unlike Michael, who ridiculously insisted he was innocent at Monaco this year, Senna said, 'Yes, I did it. But I told you before the race that I was going to do it.' That's very different from what Michael did at Monaco and Jerez [in 1997] and Adelaide [in 1994 where he collided controversially with Damon Hill]. Senna wasn't lying to the fans. Michael was. And the sad thing is that, of course, the fans accept it - they swear black is white, in fact - just so that they can go on respecting the sport they love. And Michael takes advantage of that loyalty."

VENKIRAJA
2nd September 2006, 06:03 PM
HI Bingle if u want 2 know abt F1 take classes with me every day(nazrene d car maniac) 5:00 to 7:00am only 50000 per CLASS!

ajithfederer
4th September 2006, 07:32 AM
:frightened:

HI Bingle if u want 2 know abt F1 take classes with me every day(nazrene d car maniac) 5:00 to 7:00am only 50000 per CLASS!

ajithfederer
10th September 2006, 11:05 PM
Schumi Retires after this season ........ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Raikkonen replaces Schumi in Ferrari :yes: :swinghead: :2thumbsup: :cool2: :thumbsup:

Schumi wins in Monza :yes: :victory:

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=129534

Anoushka
11th September 2006, 02:31 PM
At least it is not one sided anymore... three more races to go, and only two points difference between Schumi & Alonso.... interesting :)

Raikkonen
12th September 2006, 01:19 PM
I dunno why Alonso and Briatore fuming now, over misforunes and they are accusing the FIA as one sided..

Kimi had a misforuntae season last year.. he had all kinds of problems..
he even crashed on final lap while he was leading..
he never moaned... and this Alonso was so happily got victories from Kimi's misfortunes..

Now hes moaning and grumbling..

Alonso and his renault geng should have balls to accept misfortunes and defeats..

ajithfederer
12th September 2006, 05:44 PM
What do you mean by one sided ness..........He is so competitive all these days.....No one could perform like him so consistently all these years....ppl shud appreciate talent rather than going for some **** for the sake of boring :twisted: or wotever

At least it is not one sided anymore... three more races to go, and only two points difference between Schumi & Alonso.... interesting :)

ajithfederer
13th September 2006, 11:18 PM
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=129826

Liar Liar ..............Pants On Fire :lol: :lol: :lol2: :rotfl:

I dunno why Alonso and Briatore fuming now, over misforunes and they are accusing the FIA as one sided..

Kimi had a misforuntae season last year.. he had all kinds of problems..
he even crashed on final lap while he was leading..
he never moaned... and this Alonso was so happily got victories from Kimi's misfortunes..

Now hes moaning and grumbling..

Alonso and his renault geng should have balls to accept misfortunes and defeats..

Anoushka
17th September 2006, 02:38 AM
What do you mean by one sided ness..........He is so competitive all these days.....No one could perform like him so consistently all these years....ppl shud appreciate talent rather than going for some **** for the sake of boring :twisted: or wotever

I didn't mean to say any thing wrong... all I meant was till last year it was so predictable and Schumi was winning, last year it was Alonso all the way through... atleast this year it is down to the last three races and there is no clear cut champion yet... so there is some sort of an interest to watch F1 still. I don't care who wins, they are not going to share the winning money with me, are they :rotfl: it is just for fun, and it is more fun if it is not predictable that is all :)

ajithfederer
17th September 2006, 07:38 AM
u escaped :wink:

Many complain the same with the case in tennis also////

With federer winning all grandslams.......

i have always had the feeling that people should analyse thier game and support them instead of copmplaining........ :D

Anoushka
17th September 2006, 10:23 PM
I somehow have never felt the same with tennis :) I've always enjoyed watching Martina win all those Wimbledon's ( and even cried for her when she lost the first time to Steffi in the finals)

ajithfederer
20th September 2006, 05:28 AM
http://auto.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1987858,curpg-2.cms

:)

ajithfederer
20th September 2006, 05:52 AM
The Master will earn even after retiring though from the circuit :shock: :notworthy: :thumbsup: :clap: :exactly:

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/060918114133.shtml

Michael Schumacher has no plans to stop earning a lot of money, according to the retiring Ferrari driver's long time manager.

Willi Weber told newspaper Bild am Sonntag that his goal is to make the seven-time World Champion an 'advertising emperor' in the years following his final race on the grid in China next month.

He revealed: "Most of our existing partners will stay with us, and we will also be working on the next super deals."

Personal sponsors DVAG, Shell and Omega have already renewed their deals with 37-year-old Schumacher.

The Sunday newspaper also reckoned that, even from his mansion in countryside Switzerland, Schumacher could earn more in 2007 - up to $26 million in total - than his brother Ralf, World Champion Fernando Alonso and Ferrari replacement Kimi Raikkonen. :omg:

His total fortune has reportedly surpassed $800m.

ajithfederer
22nd September 2006, 10:46 PM
http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/formula1_newsdetail_1947270.html :lol:

Briatore escapes FIA punishment

By Theodore Liasi

LONDON (espnstar.com) - Flavio Briatore has escaped the wrath of the sport's governing body, the FIA, following his controversial remarks made at the Italian Grand Prix two weeks ago.

The Renault boss had been incensed by the penalty awarded to Fernando Alonso for allegedly impeding Ferrari's Felipe Massa during qualifying and was subsequently penalised five places on the grid.

An angry Briatore proclaimed F1 was fix in favour of Michael Schumacher and was similar to the match-fixing scandal that has blighted Italian football

His controversial outburst and those of Fernando Alonso who also claimed that politics was interfering in the sport, prompted the FIA to launch a full investigation into whether the accusations brought the sport into disrepute

However, Briatore retracted his remarks 24-hours later insisting that he still had 100 percent faith in the FIA.

FIA president Max Mosley insisted that it was important to take into account the fact that remarks made by Briatore and Alonso were said in the heat of the moment.

"Both let their emotions get to them," Mosley told the Italian publication Autosprint. "In the heat of the moment they said some impulsive stuff. Considering the circumstances, sometimes you need to be tolerant."

He said: "I think on some occasions Flavio spoke in an over-excited manner. But, to be fair with him, he subsequently and promptly corrected his quotes.

"The FIA can punish only if the quotes damage the image of the sport, and I don't think it happened in this case."

ajithfederer
30th September 2006, 07:30 PM
[tscii:f6515cbfab]http://www.formula1.com/race/news/5037/767.html

The rain in Shanghai on Saturday afternoon exposed the weakness in Ferrari’s armour, as Renault team mates Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella, together with Michelin’s other runners, enjoyed a clear performance advantage in a very wet qualifying session for the Chinese Grand Prix, with the world champion securing pole position.

As Alonso and Fisichella swept all before them in Qualifying 1, heading the McLarens of Pedro de la Rosa and Kimi Raikkonen and Vitantonio Liuzzi’s Toro Rosso, the Ferraris struggled in 13th and 14th place (Felipe Massa and Michael Schumacher), with the Toyotas of Ralf Schumacher and Jarno Trulli (1m 48.894s and 1m 49.08s respectively), Christijan Albers and Tiago Monteiro in their Spykers (1m 49.542s and 1m 49.903s) and the Super Aguris of Takuma Sato and Sakon Yamamoto (1m 50.326s and 1m 55.560s) were all eliminated. Monteiro briefly brought out the red flags when his car ground to a halt with mechanical problems, while Yamamoto spun in a slippery Turn 14.

Williams team mates Mark Webber and Nico Rosberg, Rubens Barrichello in the Honda and McLaren’s Kimi Raikkonen all had similar moments.

Ferrari struggled again in Qualifying 2, Schumacher only grabbing ninth place right at the end as Alonso and Fisichella again headed Honda’s Jenson Button and Nick Heidfeld in the BMW Sauber. This time Toro Rosso’s Scott Speed (1m 45.851s), David Coulthard in the Red Bull (1m 45.968s), Massa (1m 45.970s), Liuzzi (1m 46.172s), Webber (1m 46.413s) and Rosberg (1m 47.419s) were eliminated.

That left Alonso, Fisichella, Button, Heidfeld, De la Rosa, Barrichello, BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica, Raikkonen, Schumacher and an impressive Robert Doornbos in the Red Bull to fight it out for the top 10 positions. It was a foregone conclusion that the blue cars would dominate and they duly did, Alonso taking a much-needed pole position with 1m 44.360s as Fisichella backed him up with 1m 44.992s, despite running over one of the mirrors from Raikkonen’s McLaren which had fallen off the silver car. Barrichello and Button were joint third, sharing 1m 45.503s, and Raikkonen took fifth on 1m 45.754s.

Schumacher mustered 1m 45.775s for sixth, beating spinner De la Rosa (1m 45.877s), Heidfeld and Kubica (1m 46.053s and 1m 46.632s) and Doornbos (1m 48.021s.

Engine-change penalties dropped Massa from 13th to 21st and Sato from 21st to 22nd on the provisional grid, leaving Speed, Coulthard, Liuzzi, Webber, Rosberg, Schumacher Jnr, Trulli, Albers, Monteiro and Yamamoto to take the intervening places.

With more rain likely on Sunday, Ferrari and Bridgestone will have their work cut out to contain the Renault-Michelin challenge.
[/tscii:f6515cbfab]

ajithfederer
1st October 2006, 05:18 PM
schumi wins 2 tie alonso :)

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/5045/767.html

Anoushka
1st October 2006, 07:22 PM
Yes! :) Two more races and it can go anyway :)

But why are you having Shakthi's avtar as your avtar Ajit? :)

ajithfederer
2nd October 2006, 05:30 AM
summa :wink: :)

Yes! :) Two more races and it can go anyway :)

But why are you having Shakthi's avtar as your avtar Ajit? :)

ajithfederer
2nd October 2006, 06:16 AM
http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/formula1_standings.html

neck and neck 8-)

ajithfederer
6th October 2006, 02:14 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A15810950?s_fromedit=1

:)

ajithfederer
8th October 2006, 11:48 AM
Schumi engine failure .............. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Anoushka
8th October 2006, 07:22 PM
ammam AF... pavam, guess that means Alonso wins the championship!

ajithfederer
8th October 2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah the chances are very slim now............alonso leads Don Schumi by 10 points.....and in the next race for schumi 2 win he has to win the race and alonso shouldnt finish the race.....

Chances are very weak now......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

ammam AF... pavam, guess that means Alonso wins the championship!

Raikkonen
9th October 2006, 12:37 PM
This Spanish guy love to cash-in from Rivals' misfortune..
He balmed everybody except him for recent tantrums, now he is saying renalut did everything.. he is a big double-faced guy, and i'm ashamed that Mclraen have snapped up him for next year.. boooooo....

ajithfederer
9th October 2006, 07:24 PM
I heard that he was pushing his fist up in the air when he saw smoke coming from schumi's car...... :twisted:

This Spanish guy love to cash-in from Rivals' misfortune..
He balmed everybody except him for recent tantrums, now he is saying renalut did everything.. he is a big double-faced guy, and i'm ashamed that Mclraen have snapped up him for next year.. boooooo....

ajithfederer
11th October 2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/formula1_newsdetail_2048692.html

ajithfederer
17th October 2006, 08:54 AM
[tscii:bbb06e81d5]http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/formula1_newsdetail_2073004.html

London (espnstar.com) - Kimi Raikkonen in his final outing as a McLaren-Mercedes driver hopes to leave the Woking-based outfit on a high after five years with the team by giving them their first win of the season at the final race of the 2006 championship. The Finnish driver, who is switching to Ferrari for 2007, has only managed to step up onto the podium six times so far, with just two second placed finishes.

“This will be my final race with Team McLaren Mercedes; I am of course sad to be leaving the team,” he said.

“We have had some great times together and it would be fantastic to go out with a win. It is going to be tough, but we are all pushing hard to try and make it happen.”

Raikkonen, who has managed to finish second in Brazil for the last three years, hopes he can go one better this time around.

“I have always had dramatic races in Brazil, I guess the track encourages exciting racing. The atmosphere is always amazing, the Paulistas are crazy and I hope we can put on a great race for them.”

Team-mate Pedro de la Rosa, who has yet to be confirmed for next season, has one last chance to prove himself if he is to stave off the hotly-tipped Lewis Hamilton for 2007.

He said: “After the disappointing race we had in Suzuka, I am looking forward to getting back on track and working with the team to finish the year on a high.”

[/tscii:bbb06e81d5]

Anoushka
22nd October 2006, 11:15 PM
Schumi is in the last position currently... I was hoping that he would finish in the top three!

ajithfederer
23rd October 2006, 04:53 AM
Title for alonso :banghead:

Anoushka
23rd October 2006, 02:52 PM
AF: Did you see the race? It was quite interesting to see Schumi go from 17th to 4th!
Though I knew that Schumi coulnt' have finished first (the time gap between Massa & Alonso was 20 seconds!), I was hoping to see Schumi on the podium!

But I should say Jenson Button was quite good too yesterday....

This year I saw Martina & Agassi play their last grand slam and Schumi finish his last race! I feel old....

mgb
23rd October 2006, 04:21 PM
Shyami: why are you feeling old.. you are old 8-)

Anoushka
23rd October 2006, 04:40 PM
Ganesh: :rotfl: yes I am old... mentally 6 years old!!!! :)

ajithfederer
23rd October 2006, 09:08 PM
I didnt see the race..........no channels relay F1 here ........ :banghead: but i heard from my cosuin that schumi drove a splendid race....... :)

Its impossible to imagine F1 without schumi........for me he is always the Face of F1.......would be interesting to see whether Ferrari offers any Technical Position to him..... :)

AF: Did you see the race? It was quite interesting to see Schumi go from 17th to 4th!
Though I knew that Schumi coulnt' have finished first (the time gap between Massa & Alonso was 20 seconds!), I was hoping to see Schumi on the podium!

But I should say Jenson Button was quite good too yesterday....

This year I saw Martina & Agassi play their last grand slam and Schumi finish his last race! I feel old....

ajithfederer
29th October 2006, 04:25 AM
as i expected :roll:

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=134199

ajithfederer
3rd November 2006, 03:13 AM
http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/formula1_newsdetail_2170938.html :D

Anoushka
5th April 2007, 05:10 PM
Cricket vantha F1 marandhuduma? F1 season thondangiaachu, innum inga adhu paththi yaarumE pEsalai :)

ajithfederer
6th April 2007, 12:07 AM
here u go anoushka :)

http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/formula1_newsdetail_5279045.html

kb
6th April 2007, 01:39 AM
erkanave nambaoorla security prachana.. ithula ithu veraiya :cry: :roll:

ajithfederer
6th April 2007, 01:55 AM
Namoorula enna prechanai than illai.......... :roll:
ithellam paartha eppo than munnerarthu :!: :?:

erkanave nambaoorla security prachana.. ithula ithu veraiya :cry: :roll:

Raikkonen
6th April 2007, 08:14 AM
This week in Malaysia :bluejump:
some of my friends were upset with Kimi's attitude towrads fans last week during testing.. i can't believe this because the man is awesome, and is very presentable... i dunno what he did to piss my friends off :devil:

sivank
8th April 2007, 12:29 PM
Massa starting from pole. Hopefully he can win the race. I like Massa very much. He has got patience and talent and most importantly he can work with the mechanics to develop the car. Raikonnen is a superb driver but at the developing branch he needs to come up.

I think this seasons victories are going to be a duell between the ferrari pilots.

Raikkonen
9th April 2007, 01:35 PM
Massa :hammer:, he spoiled his own race, then blocked Kimi.. spoiling his race too..

sivank
9th April 2007, 08:44 PM
[tscii:3c1bc72f51]I was also very disappointed by Massa. What a fool of a driver to make such a beginner´s mistake. M.Schu would have reacted differently in such occasions. Anyway Congrats to McLaren Mercedes for winning the race and particularly to its new pilot Lewis Hamilton such a nice guy. Eagerly waiting to see these guys in Nürburgring LIVE. [/tscii:3c1bc72f51]

ajithfederer
9th April 2007, 08:50 PM
raikkonen finished third :cry:

Guys didnt watch the race yesterday........what did massa do to block raikkonen?? :twisted:

Anoushka
10th April 2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for bringing this thread back to life guys :)

Raghu
10th April 2007, 04:24 PM
How's the Honda team(BAR) doing, in terms of Manufacturer/Constructors championship?

thilak4life
14th April 2007, 12:51 PM
This week in Malaysia :bluejump:
some of my friends were upset with Kimi's attitude towrads fans last week during testing.. i can't believe this because the man is awesome, and is very presentable... i dunno what he did to piss my friends off :devil:

same here, MAybe the ferrari syndrome has caught up.. Even I had to pinch myself, how did I ever start supporting Ferrari. Answer is simple: Kimi Raikkonen.

Raikkonen
14th April 2007, 01:24 PM
He is the only reason why im still watching f1..

thilak4life
14th April 2007, 02:38 PM

Same here..By any chance, did you start as a Mika fan?

இனிய தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள!

thilak4life
14th April 2007, 06:54 PM
Bahrain GP qualifying:

Massa-Hamilton
Kimi-Alonso

Mish-mash of Ferrari and Mclaren cars. Exciting to say the least. The whole race depends on how they start.

This kid Hamilton scares the shit out of me. Anyway Kimi can still win the race. Or atleast Masa should. But from Ferrari's style of functioning, wouldn't be surprised if they develop a strategy for Kimi to win. Would love Ferrari 1-2 finish. :thumbsup:

sivank
14th April 2007, 07:38 PM
[tscii:bbbda1e8e9]I think Mc Laren will win again. Massa is not a good starter hopefully he dosen´t irritate kimi as he did in the last race in Sepang. True Hamilton fascinates me very much.[/tscii:bbbda1e8e9]

Raikkonen
16th April 2007, 07:35 AM

Same here..By any chance, did you start as a Mika fan?

இனிய தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள!

EXACTLY Joe.. You nailed it. I was a big Hakkinen fan before he retired. :D . i still remember the awesome overtaking maneuover by Mika in Belgium GP in 2000 ver Schumi.. classic. Whenever people talk about Mika, only that momemnt comes to my mind..

ajithfederer
14th June 2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/formula1_newsdetail_6180729.html

ajithfederer
31st October 2007, 07:49 AM
Ron Dennis talks to Schumacher during the Benetton days

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wYI6PFNDFrg