PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT TIPS

aiwa
3rd July 2006, 11:12 PM
hey people ..

i series of projects lined up ....and i d like some tips on it ..please don't give some website and ask me to surf ....

i am already doing ..that ...if anyone ... has info ..or tips ..or ( has done a similar project earlier ? :roll: ) you could jus help me ...

On the following topics ..

Marketing Retail Business ( i am doing a report on supermarkets and how it is coming up in a big way ..compared to petty kadais or small departmental stores ...and i ve choosen Spencer'S or Trinetra ...as my basis for the project. . actually i am supposed to go and ask questions and do a primary data collection and finish the report ... but i have no time for it ...i am just going to " cook " up the entire thing .... seriously ...coz i had done a similar project last year ...but in another country .... so u could give my info ..on how such biz get their stock and what is their way of storage or selling ....marketing ...etc. .. )

once this is over ..i ll give the name of the next project i got to go ....and maybe u could help me ???

aiwa
3rd July 2006, 11:18 PM
does Spencer's daily or Trinethra ....give home delivery ?

ajithfederer
4th July 2006, 12:07 AM
aiwa phrase ur question more specifically.......
what inf or help u want from hubbers?

aiwa
4th July 2006, 12:12 AM
okay ...... give your shopping experience after u shop at spencer;s daily ...

how do u feel it is different or better or worse than other smaller retail shops ....

bingleguy
4th July 2006, 08:45 AM
I ve been to Spencer's only once, well probably some 3-4 years ago !

But i can give u some tips on how a General Mall (as it is referred to as)

A Mall can be of two big giant openings ....
ONE - The Mall is one single opening, where Retailing happens under one roof ... U have supermarkets, Branded showrooms, Brunch corner and much more under the same umbrella that is the mall ....
TWO - The Mall is just a base which allots seperate space for every branded showroom or supermarkets or brunch corner or multiplex ... where they are allotted / rented their own space. The onus is ultimately on the hands of the individuals ....

The MALL concept is wat u have to ponder in the net ... u may get many more info ...

A suggestion to make ... Instead of making a comparison between a petty shop n a mall ... take the Retailing business over the world and then compare ....Compare the Metro malls n Online malls ....

This could be an interesting approach ! :-) this is just a suggestion !

gnk
4th July 2006, 02:57 PM
thanks a helluva lot. . ( this is aiwa i will be using this id here after )

BINGLE GUY ...i am doing that as well .....
i am doing both .. not the online malls thing ... ( coz we hav another project similar to that coming up ..so i ll save it for tht .. )

i ll be comparing retail markets in india and abroad ...

now i have another section i am planning to add to my project. ..and that is ..

customer feed back ..

ill put up a questionnaire ( which would mean you may have to give u real name and occupation as well ) and pls pals ....fill it up and post it back here ...or Pm it to me ..

thanks gnk

gnk
4th July 2006, 04:21 PM
[tscii:6cb4dcb262]QUESTIONNAIRE

1)Is Spencer’s Daily, in your opinion one of the best supermarkets in Chennai ?

2)Do you prefer supermarkets for your daily shopping or any petty shop will do?

3)Do you feel supermarkets are more expensive than departmental stores or petty shops ?

4)If yes, would you forgo that extra expense for the cost of getting air conditioned and convenient shopping ?

5)Do you think more supermarkets should come about in Chennai ? In which region?

6)What are the deficits or problems of shopping in supermarkets?

7)Have you encountered any bad experience while shopping in a supermarket?

8)Have you encountered any bad experience while shopping at Spencer’s Daily?

9)Do you think smaller stores nearby your street are friendlier and exchange products or consider your problems better than supermarkets do?

10)Comments , if any ….

[/tscii:6cb4dcb262]

gnk
4th July 2006, 06:36 PM
ANY ONE FROM CHENNAI TO HELP ME OUT ? ..COME ON PEOPLE ?

gnk
4th July 2006, 06:49 PM
why is the hub so quiet ????

great
4th July 2006, 10:47 PM
ANY ONE FROM CHENNAI TO HELP ME OUT ? ..COME ON PEOPLE ?

All the questions are open ended ,no close ended questions :roll:

gnk
5th July 2006, 12:19 AM
u mean u want them to be of yes or no type ? .....

gnk
5th July 2006, 12:38 AM
please. .... just type out what ever u feel like ...

and dunt forget to mention name and occupation as well.....

even otherwise. ..hubbers comeon ...jsut write something .and push it to me ....

madhu
5th July 2006, 12:52 AM
:P

madhu
5th July 2006, 12:53 AM
PM- senjutten

ramky
5th July 2006, 12:55 AM
[tscii:fb3e6c80b1]QUESTIONNAIRE

havent shopped there as quite far from my place. heard someone mention that its cool.

neither super market nor petty shops - i prefer departmental stores / provision stores. but sometimes i buy at places like foodworld.

3)Do you feel supermarkets are more expensive than departmental stores or petty shops ?

for some items i think they are more expensive, but cant say for sure as i hvnt shopped much in supermarkets

4)If yes, would you forgo that extra expense for the cost of getting air conditioned and convenient shopping ?

i dun want AC in supermarkets / departmental stores. and convenience is there even in departmental stores / shops.

5)Do you think more supermarkets should come about in Chennai ? In which region?

ya if there are more of them belonging to different chains, the competition may bring the prices down or, atleast shoppers may get more discounts .

i) they are only in central areas and much less in city outskirts
ii) the minimum package of most items is 1kg whereas in smaller stores one can buy it for much lesser quantity / weight
iii) if the supermarket is air conditioned & jazzy, then those extra costs would have been factored while they fix the prices.

no

no

9)Do you think smaller stores nearby your street are friendlier and exchange products or consider your problems better than supermarkets do?

no i think - speaking of chennai in particular - the ppl at supermarkets and large departmental stores are more courteous

10)Comments , if any

[/tscii:fb3e6c80b1]

gnk
5th July 2006, 02:58 PM
thanks a lot ........ ramky and madhu ...... ( smiles wide )

great
5th July 2006, 03:16 PM

Not in all questions though ,see you can have one open ended question asking how they find the service or suggestion from respondent side which you can use it for suggestion.

Rest of the question you should go for close ended one like

I find the service in spencer daily is good :

a] strongly agree b] agree c] Strongly disagree d] disagree
e] Neither agree nor disagree.

Rework on your questionnaire again make them close ended so that your report making would be easier as you have mentioned that you dont have time. All the questions should be zeroed down to some number

lets assume your sample size to be 10 , if the question is open ended you cannot infer much as there are chances you would be getting 10 different answers which will eat ur time it will not be the case with close ended question.. you will be able to give exact count. Restrict your sample size to 70-75

gnk
6th July 2006, 01:12 AM

Not in all questions though ,see you can have one open ended question asking how they find the service or suggestion from respondent side which you can use it for suggestion.

Rest of the question you should go for close ended one like

I find the service in spencer daily is good :

a] strongly agree b] agree c] Strongly disagree d] disagree
e] Neither agree nor disagree.

Rework on your questionnaire again make them close ended so that your report making would be easier as you have mentioned that you dont have time. All the questions should be zeroed down to some number

lets assume your sample size to be 10 , if the question is open ended you cannot infer much as there are chances you would be getting 10 different answers which will eat ur time it will not be the case with close ended question.. you will be able to give exact count. Restrict your sample size to 70-75 wo.....!!!

thanks... i ll redo the questionnaire. ..
but as for answers ...i guess..barring ramky and madhu ...i got no other answers. ..i ll make it up ..i guess...i gt time till next wed

ajithfederer
6th July 2006, 05:13 AM
[tscii:4aedee9d7d]QUESTIONNAIRE

Well may be for products which are not available easily on the other supermarkets in the city......otherwise wouldnt prefer spencers so easily.....

Some good departmental store.......def not petty shopss.....[/color]

[color=black]Definitely in my opinion

No

yeah may be.....not sure abt the regions though

u may have 2 pay a little extra amount

No

i think u can maintain accounts with them and buy stuff from them at credit and later repay them like once in a month or twice in a month which is more followed by middle class families ..... :roll:

10)Comments , if any ….

Student :D

[/tscii:4aedee9d7d]

dev
6th July 2006, 08:35 AM
[tscii:e2ddfe523a]QUESTIONNAIRE

Not really

Depends on the quality of the stuff we get... I've seen some small shops giving better quality stuffs(mainly groceries) than those we get in supermarkets

Yes

No. I would expect the supermarkets to operate more efficiently than smaller shops... due to their scale of operation, they should be able to source goods cheaper than smaller stores...This savings in cost should be passed on to the customers...

Yes...region-no idea...

The extra U pay & sometimes the queue for billing.

yes...but most of those are in supermarkets in countries outside India...

Have shopped only a couple of times...so wouldn't comment on this...

Friendlier- Definitely yes...

10)Comments , if any ….

[/tscii:e2ddfe523a]

gnk
6th July 2006, 11:07 PM
thanks a lot ....rocket boy , dev , ajith

great
16th July 2006, 10:27 AM
what happened to this project :roll:

gnk
16th July 2006, 11:54 AM
well i finished all three that i had to do for this Unit in marketing .management ...

and my lecturer really liked it ..more because ..i was able to give it a week earlier ..

i included the survey that i did in the HUB..
usin the questionnaire. .

thaNKs to the hubbers whu helped me ..

it s got ramky and ..other names in it ... .lol ..

thnks ...great ..ya i re did the questionnaire in a little diff. way ... ....