PDA

View Full Version : Bombay blasts

podalangai
11th July 2006, 08:34 PM
Hope all hubbers and their loved ones are fine.
I have taken those WR trains every day when I lived in Mumbai. At that time, anybody could be on the train.
:cry:

ssanjinika
11th July 2006, 08:37 PM
Mee too.Morning was spent trying to see if all my relatives in Mumbai are safe.Its pretty shocking to see it happen again :(

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2006, 08:38 PM
Arthi is fine.

7 places have been bombed. She just mentioned its very sickening and quite not in mood to talk.

She is fine.

hope all other hubbers are fine too.

podalangai
I narrowly escaped when it happened the last time. My sister narrowly escaped this time. Many others haven't had our luck. I am still feeling a little numb.

Nakeeran
MUMBAI: Mumbai relived a nightmare when six explosions shook the city in quick succession on Tuesday evening. Early reports said eight people had died and many were injured.

The target was Mumbai's life-line -- its local train services -- timed to catch the evening rush. The first blast occurred in a first-class compartment of a local train near Khar station at 6.25 p.m.

Reports said the blast blew the train compartment to pieces and several passengers were seen jumping out. By 7 p.m. there were reports of five more blasts all targeting local trains.

The other blasts occurred at Matunga, Santa Cruz, Jogeshwari, Borivili and Bhayendar railway stations. All explosions were reported to have taken place in first class compartments of trains at a time when a large chunk of the commercial capital is returning home from office.

Televison reports said eight people had died while scores were seriously injured.

Mumbai was stunned before the panic set in. There was chaos and crush as people rushed to safety. Many were seen lying on the rail tracks.

Eyewitnesses said rain was hampering rescue work as the injured were carried to hospital.

Around 12 to 15 people injured at Santa Cruz station were taken to the nearby V N Desai hospital and another 20 were admitted to the KEM Hospital in Parel.

As people tried to reach their own, local phone lines were jammed and communication within the city and from outside became impossible. All trains on the Western line route have been suspended.

Police cordoned off all railway stations on the line and strict checking was carried out at the Central and Harbour sections of local trains services.

The blasts brought live fading memories of the BEST blasts of 2003. Reports said the city once again sprang to the rescue of its people, while official help was tardy.

Meanwhile, Delhi was put on high alert after the serial blasts in Srinagar and Mumbai through the day.

The Centre went into a huddle, with the Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil rushing to meet Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.

ssanjinika
11th July 2006, 08:39 PM
SP,Vasanth(BG) is in b'lore rite?

mgb
11th July 2006, 08:41 PM
yes sandhya

Nakeeran
11th July 2006, 08:42 PM
Having lived in Mumbai , I can imagine very well the kind of crowds that commute by train , the toll may be more .
It was disastrous during 2003 when Zaveri bazaaar & Gateway were attacked & 100s died .

But the greatness of Mumbai is such that within 24 hours, life will be back to normal.

India continues to get targetted & innocent ones are the one to suffer again

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2006, 08:50 PM
:sad:

I am heavily distressed reading these.

villan007
11th July 2006, 08:55 PM
:cry:

crazy
11th July 2006, 09:02 PM
GOOD LORD
whats happening..............i just turned the TV on and was shocked to see mumbai blast............in 7 places

the only hubber i know living in mumbai is arthi..........sp akk thanks, good to know she is fine!

so far 100 dead as CNN report

NO COMMENTS, but :cry: :cry:

ssanjinika
11th July 2006, 09:03 PM
Do we know any other hubber living in mumbai?

crazy
11th July 2006, 09:06 PM
i dont know.............the only one i know is arthi

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2006, 09:21 PM
Not sure ss.

I hope all are safe

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2006, 09:22 PM
Mumbai Helpline Number: 022-22005388

crazy
11th July 2006, 09:27 PM
May God give my Indian brothers and sisters strenght and courage to come over this bloody blast!

God so far 135 dead and 250 injured...........CNN reports.

villan007
11th July 2006, 09:33 PM
I seriosuly wish RAW Shud be converted like Mossad... No use Being still... :cry:

Nakeeran
11th July 2006, 09:38 PM
May God give my Indian brothers and sisters strenght and courage to come over this bloody blast!

God so far 135 dead and 250 injured...........CNN reports.

Crazy dear

Idhai thaan naan marubadiyum marubadiyum ungallukku pala murai eduthu sonnen in 2 3 threads.
Parunga ippa, ratham sindhumbodhu thaan namakku oru uyirai patriya madhippu therigiradhu.

I will tell you what will happen next...

After a month, everything will be forgotten & India will be facing new disasters & more loss of lives but life goes on :cry:

villan007
11th July 2006, 09:40 PM
After a month, everything will be forgotten & India will be facing new disasters & more loss of lives but life goes on :cry:

sad but very true nakeeran.... :cry:

Hope the govt. REALLY does something :(

ssanjinika
11th July 2006, 09:42 PM
Nakeeran,your last sentence is so sad but soo true :( .Life does go on.

crazy
11th July 2006, 09:47 PM
NAKEERAN ANNA
i have promised myself to keep shut...............havent u seen my very first post on this tread.................NO COMMENTS.............i dont want to bring my violent attitude or my opinion in this bloody blast, neither on anything that has .............if i open my mouth............i might hurt some here...........which is the last thing i wish to do..........

anna ..............i feel for INDIANS...........coz u r my bros and sis...............

AND anna iam not going to change my opinion............u know.........what i meant at those tread............is what i feel and what i still mean...................PLS dont bring those topics..............

I FEEL SAD AND SORRY FOR MY INDIAN BROS AND SIS WHO LOST THEIR LIFE IN THESE BLOODY BLAST
MAYE LORD BE WITH MY INDIAN BROS AND SIS AND GIVE THEM STRENGHT AND COURAGE.

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2006, 09:47 PM
nakeeran,

What do u think happens at the death of any single member in any house?

its just the same.

life goes on. sad. frustrating yet truth.

Nakeeran
11th July 2006, 09:50 PM
Nakeeran,your last sentence is so sad but soo true :( .Life does go on.

SS

Neenga Mumbai dhane previously ?

Right from that 92 blasts ( I mean Searock sheraton , BSE & others ), 96 blasts, 2003 blasts in Zaveri bazaar& Gateway , the train blast near Mulund station, the Ghatkopar blasts

All are serial blasts & you know the kind of crowd that travel in train.

Most of the times, the terrorists target the stations & the nearby areas where maximum crowd moves around

Now I tell you what will happen. This Shivsena will call for a bandh ( as Cong is the ruling party ).

All will try to gain political mileage.

Can you believe that half an hour before the Mulund train blast, I travelled & got down at Mulund .

Having seen these , the people of Mumbai must be well prepared to face any eventuality

ssanjinika
11th July 2006, 09:53 PM
Nakeeran,naan chennai ponnu through and through..but quite a few relatives of mine(starting from mammas and periammas and cousins and lots of people)live there so many holidays were spent in bombay.
Yes I can see what the political parties will do.ITs nothing new..its happened in our country before and it will happen again.

kannannn
11th July 2006, 09:59 PM
Yesterday's Agni-III failure, today morning's Kashmir blasts and evening's Mumbai blasts. I maybe wrong, but I do see a connection. Yes, life in Mumbai will go on, but that's the case in any busy city in the world. The question I have is, why was POTA repealed? We could have had it with additional safeguards. Why are we so soft on terrorism? I also say, either take the entertainment activities or economic activities out of Mumbai. Atleast spread out these activities to other states. It is a very easy target, being the nerve center of these two businesses.

Nakeeran
11th July 2006, 10:08 PM
Yesterday's Agni-III failure, today morning's Kashmir blasts and evening's Mumbai blasts. I maybe wrong, but I do see a connection. Yes, life in Mumbai will go on, but that's the case in any busy city in the world. The question I have is, why was POTA repealed? We could have had it with additional safeguards. Why are we so soft on terrorism? I also say, either take the entertainment activities or economic activities out of Mumbai. Atleast spread out these activities to other states. It is a very easy target, being the nerve center of these two businesses.

Kannan

POTA actually is a much stricter version of the previous Act NSA.
BJP was firm on that but the opposition , mainly congress criticised that its being misused on politcians. DMK walked out of BJP alliance siting this as an excuse. Again, DMK's prime condition for Congress alliance was to scrap POTA . You know it was used on Vaiko. DMK feared that JJ might use against them .
Opposition grouped together & finally POTA was repealed after Congress took charge. This was the first major decision they took

ramky
11th July 2006, 10:11 PM
when a loved one dies suddenly like this, similar to in an accident, its shocking for the close relatives and extremely distressing. the family members need quite a long time to get over such a disaster, even though life may go on as usual for other relatives. same is the case here - even though all of us will cease talking about this after some days, the kith & kin of the victims will continue to live in hell remembering the manner of their sudden death.

i was living in Delhi when similar serial bomb blasts rocked the Capital about two decades ago. in fact, one of the bombs planted in a city bus exploded just about 30 mins after i had left that bus terminus. i was shocked beyond words when i heard this news after reaching home and when i saw the grusome scenes on tv.

whatever one says in such situations is not enough to console the bereaved families. still i am sure all hubbers are united in expressing our heartfelt condolences to them.

Sanguine Sridhar
11th July 2006, 10:11 PM
Cowards Cowards!!

Shame on the people who did this :evil:

pavalamani pragasam
11th July 2006, 10:17 PM
Just as I am enjoying my 2nd monsoon in Mumbai staying with my first son's family I am shocked by today's terrorism. Only day before yesterday life was disrupted due to statue desecration. Today it is a horrid disaster. The going here for the people is really tough.

bingleguy
11th July 2006, 10:34 PM
A brutal Rude unethical massacre !

I heard about the incident about 7.30 pm .... i was totally taken back .... I immediately tried calling up ppl whom i knew in Bombay .... The ppl whom i knew were safe .....

Whoever is behind such brutal killings ...... n for watever motive ... they are doin a mistake .... Killing not an answer or solution !

Let those souls who met with this unforgettable calamity may rest in peace !

gnk
11th July 2006, 11:37 PM
i feel so bad about this ..imagine the number of families that will suffer without fathers or mothers ...

Why can't people realize this ?

Shakthiprabha.
11th July 2006, 11:42 PM
MUMBAI HELPLINE: (022) 22005388
COOPER HOSP: 26207254, 26207256
HINDUJA HOSP: 24451515, 24452222

kb
12th July 2006, 12:52 AM
its very sad to hear news like this.. :(

when i was young.. while watching news of these kinds, coimbatore blasts,rajiv ghandhi blast etc.. i sometimes felt.. how nice it would be if someone like shakthimaan was really there to stop all these nonsense. :? :?

madhu
12th July 2006, 05:55 AM
Hi

I feel better that PP akka and Arthi are safe. Any other hubber from Mumbai ? I collected the information about all except one of my friends/relatives that they are safe. One of them was almost near to the location and coz of shock admitted in the hospital.

Praying for the departed souls and affected friends :prayer:

Surya
12th July 2006, 06:20 AM
Peace Talks Will Still Resume!!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Even though it doesn't seem to make a difference for the past oh how many years?? :sigh2:

But Hey!! Does it matter if it works or not?! Peace Talks Will Resume With Pakistan!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

That makes me feel a WHOLE LOT BETTER!! :redjump: :bluejump: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

How many acts of Cross Border Terrorism have taken place after the UPA Govt?!?!

* About a million attacks in Kashmir!
* About a Million Massacres of Indians in Kashmir.
* Delhi Bomb Blasts During Diwali.
* Varnasi Bomb Blasts.
* Bombay Blasts. (Today)

How Long has it been since UPA came to Power?!

Bombs exploded in Kashmir Today too!

But who cares about all that?! What I want to know is if this will effect the Peace Talks with Pakistan! :shaking: :shaking:

Will Manmohan Singh say that he "Condemns" this act of Terrorism!? That's ALL INDIA NEEDS to make help those effected feel better! :2thumbsup: :cool2:

Apparently thats all he needs to do to cover his own arse also! :banghead:

villan007
12th July 2006, 09:14 AM
Oh come on ! We cant be blaming Paks for evrything :roll:

If it was the Pak Terrorists , Then wat was RAW doing other than spying them ? :?

RAW shud learn a lot from Mossad (Isreal SSA)

ramky
12th July 2006, 09:58 AM
Hi

I feel better that PP akka and Arthi are safe. Any other hubber from Mumbai ? I collected the information about all except one of my friends/relatives that they are safe. One of them was almost near to the location and coz of shock admitted in the hospital.

Praying for the departed souls and affected friends :prayer:

Madhu : I am also glad to hear that PP madam & Arthi are safe. :D btw I got news today morning that my relatives ( distant cousin & family ) living in Khar are also alright. :-)

when I put my current signature, I didnt think it would be proved true in such a manner. :-(

cancer
12th July 2006, 10:29 AM
my brother was traveling train at that time...
but he was safe..

:( its really bad..

Coward People who did this idiot things :evil:

malsi
12th July 2006, 11:15 AM
yeah..we shouldnt be blaming pak without knowing anything...anyone could hv done this..as long as we hv the mentality of putting all the blame on pak..till then these people will enjoy killing others...

Badri
12th July 2006, 11:34 AM
my brother was traveling train at that time...
but he was safe..

:( its really bad..

Coward People who did this idiot things :evil:

Thank God, cancer! Glad your brother is safe.

Yes, really cowardly. Those b******* haven't even taken responsibility yet.

I am not generally prone to too much emotion, but my blood really boils when I think of this atrocity! :redjump:

dev
12th July 2006, 12:42 PM
I also say, either take the entertainment activities or economic activities out of Mumbai. Atleast spread out these activities to other states. It is a very easy target, being the nerve center of these two businesses.

very true...

Good to know that PP mam & arthi are safe...

rocketboy
12th July 2006, 01:08 PM
Who else is going to benefit out of this mayhem ? Pakistan alone. Besides China, Pakistan is the only other country which will rejoice at India's misery. India is a very fast growing economy . Its progress will soon eclipse China's and soon India will be the numero uno in Asia . So these countries wil do everything possible in their means to disrupt peace in my country. Cowards. Can someone tell me from which part of the earth do the militants operating in north east India get their weapons from? Its not surprising that they have targeted Mumbai. Mumbai is a very sensitive area and any slight disturbance will lead to a communal flare up. Its high time India woke up and followed Israel's foot steps. Am not for an eye for an eye method of action ,but should we keep quiet ? When America has the right to launch attacks on Iraq (highly questionable as classified reports later made public denied the presence of WMD) and Taliban in Afganisthan shouldn't we do something to ensure the safety of our citizens. Travelling in trains will no longer be the same for the Mumbaiites from now on . International community , the Prime minister, the President will condemn the incident as usual. But the lives lost will remain lost. We are not fighting against a group of hoodlums. A whole government organisation(ISI) is behind these terrorists . It supplies them with the weapons money ,intelligence inputs Its not a big task to reign in these gun flaunting hooligans. Are these guys more powerful than the Pakistani army ? Whats holding India from resorting to retaliatory attacks is that it will earn the hostility of international community. And it may lead to a nuclear showdown given that both the countries have proven nuclear capability ( I am a bit sceptical about Pakistan's claims. To build a nuclear missile you need men of science, scarce commodity in a land of morons).

Nakeeran
12th July 2006, 01:32 PM
I dont think Pakistan has any role to play in patronizing terrorism in India. Pak is being watched by US especially on the Afghan issue.

Besides, if we had faced problems earlier, it was mainly due to the previous generation Pakis who had that vengeful thought that they had lost to India in many wars & something they need to do gain some pride.

Both countries have enough internal issues now to counter..

I am sure the current & next generation will definitely look forward to improvement of ties between the 2 countries.

Its well known fact that the business community in both the countries are still maintaining the old relationship & they are moving forward on forging more ties on exports.

Another classis example is the cricket/ hockey matches - I dont see the old bitter rivalry of the 70s & 80s. A sort of friendly atmosphere could be seen visibly now !

We should also forget our past events & build constructive relationship with Pak instead of still brooding over Kargil or any earlier issue

THERE IS NO REASON AT ALL NOW FOR PAK TO DO THIS HEINOUS CRIME AS THINGS ARE NORMALIZING BETWEEN THE 2 COUNTRIES.

Lambretta
12th July 2006, 01:52 PM
Hey all,
Saw the report of the blast in today's paper......chah! This is HORRIBLE! :x
I feel good to know tat therz no such thing happening over here at present!
Also 'glad to know tat none of our hubbers wer hurt in this incident!

Yea no doubt whoever masterminded an attack like this wer shameless & ruthless.......but then, come to think of it, how much concern/awareness does our average junta show for such things on a daily basis, as opposed to a time like this wen so many lives r lost/property is damaged.....?
I'm not sure if this is the right time to point out this but isnt it tat our ppl. nowadays seem to take everything abt our nation for granted nearly all the time until sumthing really devastating like this happens wher emotions r suddenly raised everywhere, the govt. is questioned, so & so country gets blamed/pointed at.....& even this is only for a while, as Nakeeran said, after wich the incident is nearly forgotten, life goes on as if nothing's happened & it'll be time to say India's shining again......! :roll:

TamilMoon
12th July 2006, 03:03 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Nakeeran
12th July 2006, 05:06 PM
MUMBAI: The toll in the serial blasts that rocked the metropolis on Tuesday rose to 190 as the city showed signs of limping back to normalcy on Wednesday.

Around 190 persons were killed and another 625 injured in the blasts that took place in first class compartments of trains at Mira-Bayandhar, Jogeshwari, Mahim, Santacruz, Khar, Matunga and Borivli on the Western Railway.

Authorities have declared that all schools and colleges shall remain open on Wednesday indicating that the situation in the city was well under control.

The municipal corporation of Greater Mumbai has waived off cremation charges to cremate bodies of the victims of the blasts.

Police said high grade explosive material was used in the blasts but the exact nature of the explosives was yet to be established.

Railway officials said that services on the Western Railway, that were suspended following the blasts have been restored after the damaged overhead electrical lines and signaling system were repaired during Tuesday night.

The trains in this section were, however, running 15 to 20 minutes behind schedule.

The authorities said extra security has been put in place at the airport as the financial capital and the rest of the state of Maharashtra continued to be on high alert.

UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi visited the injured at the Bhabha Hospital and the Matunga blast site on Tuesday night. She was accompanied by Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil and Railway Minister Laloo Prasad.

Speaking to reporters, Patil said "We will not spare any of the culprits and will do everything possible to bring them to the book. We appeal to the people to maintain peace."

Nakeeran
12th July 2006, 05:08 PM
Pl see the link below - THE SPIRIT OF MUMBAI !!

This was what I mentioned yesterday !

Mumbai is Mumbai . Ultimate !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1733417.cms

sgokulprathap
12th July 2006, 05:37 PM
Stock markets rising after bomb blasts. :o :roll:

Querida
12th July 2006, 06:16 PM
:( how fragile life is.

Eelavar
12th July 2006, 09:43 PM
My deepest symapthies for all the victims and their family.

Surya
13th July 2006, 01:59 AM
Nakeeran,
Who are teh other suspects in this case then? SIMI? Kafila-e-Shakt?

I am sure the current & next generation will definitely look forward to improvement of ties between the 2 countries.

Come to Orkut and do a Community Search on Anti-India, and Herkut-e Mujahedheen, and see how many of it's members are part of the "Current Generation"

Most of the creaters of such communities themselves are in their early 20's.

I do agree that the animosity against india might have reduced amoung the ecomically well off Paki Youth who are into SMS's, Night Clubs (Karachi), Dating, and Bollywood. But the Majourity of Paki youth, unfotunatly aren't from these economically well off families.

Surya
13th July 2006, 02:02 AM
Pl see the link below - THE SPIRIT OF MUMBAI !!

This was what I mentioned yesterday !

Mumbai is Mumbai . Ultimate !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1733417.cms

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bluejump: :bluejump: :redjump: :redjump: :exactly: :exactly:

Stock markets rising after bomb blasts.
:o Where did u read that? :D

Surya
13th July 2006, 02:15 AM
Bombay Blasts Perpetrated by Local Recruits. PM Refused To Listen To Security Advisors! :curse: :angry2: :curse:

http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?rurl=http://www.indianexpress.com/story/8366.html?headline=Terror~is~practised~by~local~re cruits,~PM~won%E2%80%99t~hear~it

solona
13th July 2006, 02:49 AM
It is so horrible, how can this happen, I pray for the souls who died in the blast so they may rest in peace, let God punish severly those who did this.
A cheap terrorist act aimed to demolish Indian economy!everywhere in the world the talk is about the two rising giants of Asia, I am so proud everytime people discuss about India growth and now let us think this is "Drishti"(a really sad one though) and continue, should not let these cheap terrorist discourage our young society!

Jai Hind!

Rohit
13th July 2006, 03:00 AM
Religious fanaticism and terrorism have long become the synonyms for each other. Whenever one hears about such atrocious acts of terrorism, the bell of religious fanaticism starts to ring loudly. So long as there are religious fanatics, terrorism will keep raising its demonic head, one way or another; and there is absolutely nothing one can do to deter it.

Religious tolerance is one thing and secular attitude another, the two are not necessarily alternatives to one another, but both essentially provide the same fundamental principle; and that is, religious beliefs should not be taken too intimately to suffocate the whole essence of humanity.

When it is getting clearer and clearer that such religious fanaticism can do nothing but to kill or harm people indiscriminately and yet it can never be defeated on religious grounds, then only one option is left. Severely punish those who refuse to accept anything other than what is religiously flushed in their insensate heads.

At this moment, my deepest sympathy goes to all those who, directly or indirectly, have suffered and become the victims of such ghastly act.

kannannn
13th July 2006, 03:55 AM
Bombay Blasts Perpetrated by Local Recruits. PM Refused To Listen To Security Advisors! :curse: :angry2: :curse:

http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?rurl=http://www.indianexpress.com/story/8366.html?headline=Terror~is~practised~by~local~re cruits,~PM~won%E2%80%99t~hear~it
Also, see this: http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200607121651.htm
:argh: :banghead:

Surya
13th July 2006, 04:10 AM

Also, see this: http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200607121651.htm
:argh: :banghead:

:curse: :curse: I saw that we hold Public Executions for these Bastards! :curse: :curse:

It would be interesting to see the final outcome from this investigation! So far, the reports are quite vague. :roll:

So far all it says is:

SOME politician might have had SOMETHING to do with this act of terror, since this politician had a disagreement with SOME community in South Mumbai....:?

Do they EVEN want us to understand what they're trying to say? :?

I can't wait for this story to develop! :)

MADDY
13th July 2006, 04:54 PM
i will totally blame it on the ruling congress party in both centre and state..........wat a waste they are?? they dont have a anti-terror law in place, how pathetic..........they have failed in economic front, reservation issue, and now they are ready to see people die.......for me Mumbai is very dear.....i have spent 7 yrs of my life there and i love Mumbai.............i really cant stand any party/govt not taking care of it......

mumbai's patience is tested too much........one day, just like RDB, ppl. are going to kill all ineffecient ministers.....that day is not far away......

Nakeeran
13th July 2006, 05:00 PM
Across Mumbai, the follg mail is being circulated :

Dear Terrorist,

Even if you are not reading this we don't care. Time and again you
tried
to disturb us and disrupt our life - killing innocent civilians by
planting bombs in trains, buses and cars. You have tried hard to bring
death and destruction, cause panic and fear and create communal
disharmony but everytime you were disgustingly unsuccessful. Do you
know
how we pass our life in Mumbai? How much it takes for us to earn that
single rupee? If you wanted to give us a shock then we are sorry to say
that you failed miserably in your ulterior motives. Better look
elsewere, not here.

We are not Hindus and Muslims or Gujaratis and Marathis or Punjabis and
Bengaliies. Nor do we distinguish ourselves as owners or workers, govt.
employees or private employees. WE ARE MUMBAIKERS (Bombay-ites, if you
like). We will not allow you to disrupt our life like this. On the last
few occassions when you struck (including the 7 deadly blasts in a
single day killing over 250 people and injuring 500+ in 1993), we went
to work next day in full strength. This time we cleared everything
within a few hours and were back to normal - the vendors placing their
next order, businessmen finalizing the next deals and the office
workers
rushing to catch the next train. (Yes the same train you targetted)

Fathom this: Within 3 hours of the blasts, long queues of blood
donating
volunteers were seen outside various hospital, where most of the
injured
were admitted. By 12 midnight, the hospital had to issue a notification
that blood banks were full and they didn't require any more blood. The
next day, attendance at schools and office was close to 100%, trains &
buses were packed to the brim, the crowds were back. The city has
simply
dusted itself off and moved one - perhaps with greater vigour.

We are Mumbaikers and we live like brothers in times like this. So, do
not dare to threaten us with your crackers. The spirit of Mumbai is
very
strong and can not be harmed.

Please forward this to others. U never know, by chance it may come to
hands of a terrorist in Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iraq and he can then
read this message which is specially meant for him!!!

With Love,
>From the people of Mumbai (Bombay)

MY SALAAM TO AAMCHI MUMBAI !

MADDY
13th July 2006, 05:08 PM
first send it to Manmohan singh, Sonia Gandhi & Vilasrao deshmukh..........let them hang in shame........

Nakeeran
13th July 2006, 05:16 PM
first send it to Manmohan singh, Sonia Gandhi & Vilasrao deshmukh..........let them hang in shame........

Maddy

Our country is too big & densely populated now . Do you think that the Govt can provide security to citizens all the time ? Impossible .

I have also lived for long in Mumbai & soon will be moving back there . You know what we all exchanged when that Zaver bazaar & Gateway blasts took place in 03,

GUYS WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH TERRORISM FROM NOW . WE CANT EXPECT GOVT TO GUARANTEE OUR LIVES EVERYTIME.

Now tell me, even if the Govt had the clues to the plot , is it possible practically to unearth every bomb or every plan all over the country ?

WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT :cry:

dsath
13th July 2006, 05:17 PM
Politicians and Shame :shock: Do they have that level of concern for the common people? Politicians will do nothing except make some noise now and forget/remember later at their own convenience.
Mumbaikars resilience is amazing, hope prayers from us will give them the strength to go on.

MADDY
13th July 2006, 05:21 PM
nakeeran, i'm not a big fan of BJP either but atleast they had all these terrorists under fear, now with this congress they can roam around freely and kill anyone......damn, i dunno y ppl. still want congress in this country?

how are they going to punish these terrorists even if they are caught? wat laws they have to perform anti-terror operations? please all of u who voted for congress in'04 answer this.......

villan007
13th July 2006, 10:12 PM
nakeeran, i'm not a big fan of BJP either but atleast they had all these terrorists under fear, now with this congress they can roam around freely and kill anyone......damn, i dunno y ppl. still want congress in this country?

Exactly maddy..... BJP was a terror to terrorists.. but now :cry:

villan007
13th July 2006, 10:15 PM
i will totally blame it on the ruling congress party in both centre and state..........wat a waste they are?? they dont have a anti-terror law in place, how pathetic..........they have failed in economic front, reservation issue, and now they are ready to see people die.......for me Mumbai is very dear.....i have spent 7 yrs of my life there and i love Mumbai.............i really cant stand any party/govt not taking care of it......

mumbai's patience is tested too much........one day, just like RDB, ppl. are going to kill all ineffecient ministers.....that day is not far away......

Wat the hell was RAW doing ? It SHud ve sniffed al these activities ? :evil:

Nakeeran
13th July 2006, 11:01 PM

Wat the hell was RAW doing ? It SHud ve sniffed al these activities ? :evil:

Villa

Raw kandupidicha thaan enna ? Terrorists have deeply penetrated across our country. Its impossible for anyone to control them.

I think we may have to live with . :cry:

Surya
14th July 2006, 12:17 AM
Guys,

I just read something in the hindu that got me really really depressed...

I read tahtthere is a strong possiblity of Osama's "Al Qieda" being involved in this. :| if that is infact true....then are we screwd? I mean, even the US, Spain, and England have been baffled by Bin Laden's violence. How does india stand against Al Qieda when all these other SUPERPOWERS have failed?? Espicially when we have hundreds if not thousands of active supporters for them inside our borders...How is the future of India's Economy going to look if a terrorist organization as huge as Al Qieda has India as it's next target? :?:

KBX
14th July 2006, 03:44 AM
India needs to adopt Israel's policy when dealing with terrorism. The Key word is Retaliation, India has to bomb terrorist targets in POK and other places in Pakistan for every terrorist attack on India, only then they'll stop this, even if it means killing women and children.

That's the way Israel does it!!

'Israel' is the only answer to Islamic terrorism!

Surya
14th July 2006, 04:31 AM
Israel doesn't give into BULLSHIT! :thumbsup:

Hezbholla dimwits capture Israeli Soldiers, Israel hits back with a Powerful Unproportionate Attack which can also be Termed as Ruthless manslaughter! 8-) They give out a Clear message!

Don't Fu*k With Us! 8-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5178492.stm

Surya
14th July 2006, 04:36 AM
I was listening to an Isreali Official adressing the Media a few mins ago, and he said:

"By Monday, Syria is going to regret what it has done. I don't think that Syria is aware of what it has coming. They wouldn't have imagined it in their worst nightmares, that's how hard we are going to hit them"

Not the exact words, but something very close! 8-)

kannannn
14th July 2006, 04:55 AM
India's response to the terror attacks in Delhi in 2005:
http://www.hindu.com/2006/07/13/stories/2006071308110100.htm

The Prime Minister reportedly told Gen. Musharraf that the country was "outraged" at the acts of terrorism and violence against defenceless civilians. Terrorism could never be justified. Such acts could not and would not weaken India's resolve to fight terrorism or its commitment to the country's unity and territorial integrity

And our response to the terror attacks in Mumbai in 2006:
http://www.hindu.com/2005/11/01/stories/2005110111480100.htm

"it is not the first time the enemies of the nation had tried to undermine our peace and prosperity. These elements have not yet understood that we Indians can stand united. That we will stand united. They have not yet understood that we will never let them win."

I applaud our government's commitment to consistency. Nethu oru vaartha, innikku oru vaartha kidayadhu :yes: . I suggest the government record yesterday's speech and telecast again the next time we have a terror attack. 'Cos nothing is going to change.

Surya
14th July 2006, 05:13 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

villan007
14th July 2006, 06:18 AM
Villa

Raw kandupidicha thaan enna ? Terrorists have deeply penetrated across our country. Its impossible for anyone to control them.

I think we may have to live with . :cry:

i mean.. jus look at mossad(israel)... lebanon la terrorist ponnalum thagaval kudukraanga.... and the attack will be on in hours...

Inga :(

rocketboy
14th July 2006, 08:55 AM
India needs to adopt Israel's policy when dealing with terrorism. The Key word is Retaliation, India has to bomb terrorist targets in POK and other places in Pakistan for every terrorist attack on India, only then they'll stop this, even if it means killing women and children.

That's the way Israel does it!!

'Israel' is the only answer to Islamic terrorism!

The strike can be made such that it causes minimum(read zero) no of casualties in civilian areas. Oru naalu attacks against Lashkar,Jaish,Harkut and home grown Hizb. Appuram antha pasangaloda kottam adangum.

Alien
14th July 2006, 09:10 AM

The Prime Minister reportedly told Gen. Musharraf that the country was "outraged" at the acts of terrorism and violence against defenceless civilians. Terrorism could never be justified. Such acts could not and would not weaken India's resolve to fight terrorism or its commitment to the country's unity and territorial integrity

"it is not the first time the enemies of the nation had tried to undermine our peace and prosperity. These elements have not yet understood that we Indians can stand united. That we will stand united. They have not yet understood that we will never let them win."

I applaud our government's commitment to consistency. Nethu oru vaartha, innikku oru vaartha kidayadhu :yes: . I suggest the government record yesterday's speech and telecast again the next time we have a terror attack. 'Cos nothing is going to change.
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lol: LMAO :lol: :oops:

'Israel' is the only answer to Islamic terrorism!:thumbsup:
MOSSAD ! :thumbsup:

Alien
14th July 2006, 09:17 AM
<dig>

The strike can be made so that it causes minimum(read zero) casualty in
civilian areas. Oru naallu attacks against Lashkar,Jaish,Harkut and home grown Hizb. Appuram antha pasangaloda kottam adangum.Well, I was waiting for this from u, rocketboy :wink: !!! I was reading ur related post in the other thread. U now may understand that there is no point blaming ltte for Rajiv's assasination(along with other poor civilians killed in that incident) !! Just that fright of tigers is what spares lankan tamils from being rampaged by others and let them still live !! :)
</dig>

dsath
14th July 2006, 02:36 PM
[tscii:a384cdb2be]

:exactly:
There are many 'follow the Israel path' posts here. I think following Israeli path will be disastrous. :notthatway: Initially it was the PLO, the Mossad flushed them out. The Israeli revenge for killing its Olympic squad is now legendary. After weakening the PLO is it all rosy pink between Palestine and Israel?
Power seems to weaken any organization, militant or not. After PLO - Hamas and i am sure after a combination of power and ruthless Mossad they will be weak too.Then another terrorist organization will arise. The difference is that the latter ones are more conservative, hence more aggressive and destructive. Its going to be an unending cycle for Israel and its people. We don’t want that do we?[/tscii:a384cdb2be]

pavalamani pragasam
14th July 2006, 02:49 PM
:clap:

Rohit
14th July 2006, 07:05 PM
[tscii:8cf7cebec5]

There are many 'follow the Israel path' posts here. I think following Israeli path will be disastrous. :notthatway: Initially it was the PLO, the Mossad flushed them out. The Israeli revenge for killing its Olympic squad is now legendary. After weakening the PLO is it all rosy pink between Palestine and Israel?
Power seems to weaken any organization, militant or not. After PLO - Hamas and i am sure after a combination of power and ruthless Mossad they will be weak too.Then another terrorist organization will arise. The difference is that the latter ones are more conservative, hence more aggressive and destructive. Its going to be an unending cycle for Israel and its people. We don’t want that do we?[/tscii:8cf7cebec5]
As most of us must already know, countering terrorism is not a conventional war, but a psychological warfare. In such warfare, it is all about giving surprises and proving, who fears death the most. And that ghastly surprises and ability to instil the fear of death in the opponent’s mind(s) are the key factors in deciding the overall outcome of the conflict in the long run. In such scenarios, the one who fears death more, is more likely to give-in or loose, or else; he must create a counter fear that is an order stronger in intensity than that the opponent is capable of causing or withstanding. In such warfare, the time to win, is either not a factor at all or is a secondary factor. And Israel is capable of producing such counter fears. That is all it takes in such games, the rest is all about watching the post-effects it produces and then adapt to the new strategies accordingly.

Surya
15th July 2006, 01:44 AM
[tscii:506fac6a97]H[/tscii:506fac6a97]AS AL-QIEDA ARRIVED @ KASHMIR?

Al-Qaeda drops bombshell, says has network in J&K!

This could be more trouble for India. On Thursday, a man claiming to be a spokesperson for Al-Qaeda called up a local news agency in Srinagar to announce the arrival of the terror group in Kashmir.

"We are here," the man, who identified himself as Abu al-Hadeed, told Current News Service. He said Abu Abdul Rehman Ansari was the chief of Al-Qaeda Jammu and Kashmir (the Indian arm of the terror network, as he claimed).

The man also had a congratulatory message from his chief for the Mumbai train bombers. He said the blasts were a "consequence of Indian oppression and suppression of minorities, particularly Muslims". "We appeal to Indian Muslims to wage their holy war of freedom and Islam".

"Al-Qaeda starts its operations in Kashmir from today," he said.

The government and security agencies have taken it seriously. DGP Gopal Sharma said investigations were on to verify the claims. Army spokesperson V.K. Batra said the call has been traced to a phone booth in Srinagar. He said if the claims were found true, "it would be a matter of concern". Sources said the phone booth owner was being interrogated.

For the past few years, particularly after the US went after it in Afghanistan and Pakistan post 9/11, there have been reports that Al-Qaeda men had infiltrated into the Valley. Also, links have been found between Al-Qaeda and terror groups like LeT in India. In July 2002, photographs of Osama and letters were found at militants' hideouts in Poonch district.

Another reason for concern is the mention of Kashmir in the statements of Osama bin Laden. In the past, he had clubbed the Kashmir and Palestine issues and had named India, Israel and the US as "oppressors".

The DGP, however, said the announcement could also be a tactic of terror groups in Kashmir to divert the security agencies. Al-Qaeda has no history of announcing its arrival, he said.

Still, nothing is being left to chance.

Courtesy: Hindustan Times.

Nakeeran
15th July 2006, 01:16 PM
I will worship Mahatma purely on this again & again - NON VIOLENCE & AHIMSA

Look, the terrorists have infiltrated deep into the country & with this kind of population we have , is it humanly possible to identify who is good & bad ?

Peaceful amicable settlement to any issue is the ultimate weapon to any solution.

This bullet for bullet approach will NEVER YIELD LONG TERM RESULTS .

Even Lord Krishna , despite all the evils of the Kauravas, tried one final solution & he set an example by going as an ambassador & peace maker !

Today , by applying the Israli method or Mozat method to counter today's terrorism but this may not fetch results in the long run

rocketboy
15th July 2006, 10:13 PM
I strongly disagree. Palestine and Kashmir are two different issues. They can't be clubbed together. The Palestinians are refugees in their own land . They are figting for a place to live in . They are fighting for the future of their progeny. So they will continue to keep figting till they either annihilate Israel or their supporters' (Iran, Saudi Arabia ) oil wells run dry. Once the funding stops slowly they'll reconcile to the fact that the land which once belonged to them is no longer theirs. Also the ones who fight for Hamas and other militant organisations operating in Gaza are higly motivated. They are war hardened and life means absolutely nothing for those guys . So if one man dies another,more aggressive and ruthless, will take his place. So it appears that there is no solution in sight.

The Kashmiri militants don't have a clear agenda. Some want independence, some want the state to be annexed to Pakistan. . There is no unity among them. Take for example Hurriyat conference, the political wing. The hardliners and moderates never get along well. India can very well exploit this discord to its advantage. Almost all the leading miltant organisations are based in Pakistan, Hizb is the only large organisation operating in India. Even that is struggling to live upto its name after successful counter insurgency operations carried out against its leaders. . Not all kashmiri youth are for liberation. They can be easily made to see the light . They can be easily shown that they have no future with Pakistan. And many militants figting in Kashmir are foreign militants drawn from the tribal belts in Pakistan and Afganistan. They are just paid mercenaries and they really are not that motivated. They fight just beacuse they get money to support their otherwise poverty stricken families. The fidayeen squads have cropped up only recently . Why did it take them so long? The reason I am saying all this is to show the Kashmiri militancy has a very weak base. And it can be easily uprooted if India does not go soft on this matter anymore. Put an end to the Kasmiri militancy and then rest of India will become a safe haven. But there are many hurdles. I had enumerated two in my earlier post. One more reason is it will badly affect India' s oil supplies. The Gulf countries might just stop selling oil if India tries to dismantle the terrorist network.
By remaining quiet we have achieved nothing.. We have held so many peace talks. We even invited the militants to sit with us and discuss. The end result , India continues to bleed. :cry: Its time to show our power. Singathukitta mothuna enna avomunu kamikkanum. :thumbsup:

rocketboy
15th July 2006, 10:23 PM
Forget to add this. There are some militant organisations which are opposed to Pakisthan's occupation of Kashmir too . One group in Baluchisthan even fired from rocket launchers against Pakistani establishments once.

Surya
16th July 2006, 12:40 AM
[tscii:87a798ea99]M[/tscii:87a798ea99]YSTERY EMAIL

The special cell of the Delhi police and IB are also probing an email sent to a media house in New Delhi immediately after the blasts on Tuesday. A person calling himself Javed sent the email claiming that he was part of the terror module for the Mumbai blasts and, after realising the extent of the damage, he wished to save the country, an official investigating the email said.

The sender of the email also claimed to have planted a bomb that ripped apart a train in Mumbai on Tuesday. He claimed to have been working on the specific orders of one Arjun D’Souza and signed off as a citizen of the country, sources said.

-----------------------------------------------------

:? :?

kannannn
16th July 2006, 01:33 AM
Palestine and Kashmir are two different issues. They can't be clubbed together. The Palestinians are refugees in their own land . They are figting for a place to live in . They are fighting for the future of their progeny. So they will continue to keep figting till they either annihilate Israel or their supporters' (Iran, Saudi Arabia ) oil wells run dry. Once the funding stops slowly they'll reconcile to the fact that the land which once belonged to them is no longer theirs. Also the ones who fight for Hamas and other militant organisations operating in Gaza are higly motivated. They are war hardened and life means absolutely nothing for those guys . So if one man dies another,more aggressive and ruthless, will take his place. So it appears that there is no solution in sight.
Totally agree. What Israel does in the Middle East should never be emulated - anywhere.

One more reason is it will badly affect India' s oil supplies. The Gulf countries might just stop selling oil if India tries to dismantle the terrorist network.
This, I have to disagree with. It doesn't make economic sense for the Gulf countries to stop selling oil to India - we are one of the world's largest guzzlers of energy. Also, we have a large muslim population. There has not been any evidence to point to Arabic countries sponsoring Kashmiri militancy (noe that I know of). But there are very elementary issues that prevent India from attacking the terror bases in PoK. The main issue is that both India and Pak are nuclear powers. And Pak has not agreed to sign the 'no first use' pact with India. So, we have to be very careful of how we deal with Pak and PoK. I do remember RAW being very active in Pak. Infact, for every act of terrorism in Kashmir, there used to be bomb blast in Pak, ostensibly because of sectarianism. And it was badly guarded secret that RAW was behind them. This week's article in 'Indian Express', shows very well where the present gorvernment has failed (though I don't agree with the author's comparison with US intelligence agencies).
http://www.newindpress.com/sunday/sundayitems.asp?id=SEC20060715082732&eTitle=Columns&rLink=0

Forget to add this. There are some militant organisations which are opposed to Pakisthan's occupation of Kashmir too . One group in Baluchisthan even fired rocket launchers against Pakistan establishments once.
People of Baluchistan have never felt a part of Pak. They are fiercely protective of their lifestyle and ethnicity. Their attacks against Pak security forces are a continuing issue in Pak. And so is the case with NWFP, where people don't give a damn to Pak constitution. This happened just two weeks back:
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/subcontinent/2006/July/subcontinent_July26.xml&section=subcontinent&col=

Sanguine Sridhar
16th July 2006, 10:44 PM
I have some q's

* Why these types of bomb blasts are happening in India?

* Even though the Government of India knows the root cause of it, why it showing no interest in solving these kind of issues?

* Nature or Purposeful disaster, everything teaches you the lesson. But what lesson Indian Government learned?

* What was the solution India so far found in the Kashmir issue? Agreed it is sensitive but whether it is fair enough to hold this issue for more than 50 years?

* What solution India found after the result of Tsunami? Did Indian Government by any chance learned precaution steps from the country like Japan or USA?

* What step did the Government take after the cruel death of 90 Kids at Kumbakonam? When political parties spend lacks and lacks rupees for the elections, a % of it would have given some safety for the kids?

* Why media is forgetting all these kind of disasters frequently? Whether they are giving news for their self business growth?

* What is the use of taking action against Serena or Salman Khan for stupid reasons and letting all terrorist to do these kinds of things?

* Finally, Why India is so defensive in everything? Until you take some severe actions nothing will work out!! We can expect another bomb blast at Chennai, Bangalore or Calcutta!

alwarpet_andavan
17th July 2006, 09:43 PM
I strongly disagree. Palestine and Kashmir are two different issues. They can't be clubbed together. The Palestinians are refugees in their own land . They are figting for a place to live in . They are fighting for the future of their progeny. So they will continue to keep figting till they either annihilate Israel or their supporters' (Iran, Saudi Arabia ) oil wells run dry. Once the funding stops slowly they'll reconcile to the fact that the land which once belonged to them is no longer theirs. Also the ones who fight for Hamas and other militant organisations operating in Gaza are higly motivated. They are war hardened and life means absolutely nothing for those guys . So if one man dies another,more aggressive and ruthless, will take his place. So it appears that there is no solution in sight.

alwarpet_andavan
17th July 2006, 09:49 PM
Totally agree. What Israel does in the Middle East should never be emulated - anywhere

On the contrary, we should all be talking about how to combat Israeli terror!
Its kind of shocking, irritating and even amusing when we Indians [especially the elitist/middle class types] talk about following the Israeli "way" not even for a moment pausing to think that it is Israel who is the agressor/occupier and the Palestinian reactions, [b]as horrendous as they may be, are a product of Israel's own actions.

Nakeeran
17th July 2006, 09:51 PM
Totally agree. What Israel does in the Middle East should never be emulated - anywhere

On the contrary, we should all be talking about how to combat Israeli terror!
Its kind of shocking, irritating and even amusing when we Indians [especially the elitist/middle class types] talk about following the Israeli "way" not even for a moment pausing to think that it is Israel who is the agressor/occupier and the Palestinian reaction, [b]as horrendous as they may be are a product of Israeli's own undoing.

AA

The Jews were forced to flee from all parts of the world & they all joined hands - with a piece of land in Israel .
For centuries, they are being targetted after the advent of Christ.

Why dont you give some space for them to survive ?

On the same lines of argument, even Aryans will have to treated as poachers to Dravidian territory ??

alwarpet_andavan
17th July 2006, 10:00 PM
AA

The Jews were forced to flee from all parts of the world & they all joined hands - with a piece of land in Israel .
For centuries, they are being targetted after the advent of Christ.

Why dont you give some space for them to survive ?

On the same lines of argument, even Aryans will have to treated as poachers to Dravidian territory ??
Nakkeeran,
This is not a simple issue and the answer to your question would mean going back into a lot of issues. There are a lot of issues about Israel/Palestine of which there is an appalling ignorance and even apathy. Namme vivadhatha veru oru forum-vayilaga thodaralaam.

Oru line sollanumna, the great U.S.A was actually opposed to having jewish refugees sent to its soil when they were bearing the brunt of the worst Nazi oppression!

Also, some of the remarks made and actions taken by Churchil, and the imperial leaders who were in power at his time w.r.t to Arabs/Palestines would have made even Adolf Hitler bow in shame!

Enna oru thirudan pick-pocket aduchuttaan-nu naan en pakathu veettai kollai adikka mudiyadhu! [Though my anology sucks thats basically the drift :)]

kannannn
17th July 2006, 10:06 PM
Nakeeran, Israel was carved out of the Middle East just so that Jews can have their 'ancestral land' back. That happened in 1917 after the Balfour declaration sponsored by Britain. The majority of the Jews by that time were in Europe and there was no need to take land away from Palestinians to create Israel. As A_A said, it's not a simple issue. But go back through history and you will find how Palestinians suffer just 'cos Jews wanted King David's land back.

alwarpet_andavan
17th July 2006, 10:06 PM
Whether its the Congress or BJP, Govt policy doesn't change substantially [though some differences might be VERY significant] in that both have been ineffective in dealing with the threat of terrorism, at best and flaring the threat up further at worst.

As Kannan said, the Govt should make a template of its "kandanam" and "we stand united" and "spirit of Mumbai" bullcrap.......

Its hilarious to see Mr.Manmohan proclaiming "India will not bow down to pressure" and such crap and suck up to Uncle Sam [whom curiously no one in India seems to consider in this whole affair]. Mr.US will meanwhile talk about "being with India", "fight against terror"[thats the biggest joke!!!!] etc... and at the same time maintain the crucial balance between India and Pakistan which is so vital for its hegemony and domination.

dsath
17th July 2006, 10:12 PM
Why should we bring A/D discussions (guaranteed to lock this thread). Israeli occupation of Gaza is well known. Since Jews have been prosecuted for ages they are very insecure and this is what makes them react outrageously for the slightest of provocations.

Our situation is very different, we are treading on a delicate rope.
What i find disgusting abt is our foreign policy. Its rubbish, to the say the least. Why do we go running to the UN (who don't care anyway) every time. Taking the Kashmir issue to the UN was a big mistake and whats even worse is we keep bringing it up every year when the heads of state render their annual speech. Sometime back i read in papers that India had proofs of Pakistani terrorist training centers. Instead of crying foul to the US why can't we take our own steps. Until and unless we have a proper covert operations organization like SAS backed by sensible diplomacy + good foreign policy we will continue in the same tradition.

kannannn
17th July 2006, 10:27 PM
Sometime back i read in papers that India had proofs of Pakistani terrorist training centers. Instead of crying foul to the US why can't we take our own steps. Until and unless we have a proper covert operations organization like SAS backed by sensible diplomacy + good foreign policy we will continue in the same tradition.
Unfortunately, all these evidences of terrorist camps are of no use. Leave PoK. Look at our policy towards Bangladesh. A country, which we helped create, is sponsoring terrorism in India and resists any attempts to fence our territory to stop illegal immigration. And we can't act against it. More illegal immigrants mean more muslim votes. That's what is important for us. Who gives a damn to whether they act as conduits of messages and material for terrorists. Who knows, tomorrow Mulayam may even say that Bangladeshi immigrants are innocent and give them shelter in UP.

Sanguine Sridhar
17th July 2006, 10:42 PM
:fatigue:

Namma naata pathi pesungappa!!
I am weak on this subject :) !! I posted all my questions! Thats all
maximum i can think! :) Regarding the issues which our
Government holding these many years is just for surviving.If there is no Babar-Masjid then no BJP or Anti-Religious parties or Sivasena or no Muslim leagues.If there is no Kashmir issue no Congress to be fair no politics at all!! Loosu pasanga :lol2:

manuel
18th July 2006, 06:52 PM
While pakistan as expected has denied any links with the terrorist attacks in Mumbai and that they too condemn such an act.......... here in Mumbai the initial investigations were pointed at the involvement of the already banned organization "SIMI" .........but our GREAT POLITICIAN Mulayam singh yadav .. proactively called for a press conference to say that there is no involvement of "SIMI" and with this starts our Vote bank politics ... some one in the "Times of india" daily questioned "How can anyone be so sure of the non involvement of an organization unless he himself is the head of it "

There is a clear division of how the people, media & politicians in UK reacted to the bombings of london and how we in india are reacting to our problems .....

Unless we as people start thinking beyond our selfish interest like our own community or our vote poltics or region (south-north divide) and start putting contry before individuals nothing is going to change....

kannannn
18th July 2006, 11:23 PM
:fatigue:

Namma naata pathi pesungappa!!
I am weak on this subject :) !! I posted all my questions! Thats all
maximum i can think! :) Regarding the issues which our
Government holding these many years is just for surviving.If there is no Babar-Masjid then no BJP or Anti-Religious parties or Sivasena or no Muslim leagues.If there is no Kashmir issue no Congress to be fair no politics at all!! Loosu pasanga :lol2:

Sridhar, have a look at the last few pages of these threads. They may give a good idea of the Kashmir problem:
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6569
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=7348

Nakeeran
19th July 2006, 01:28 PM
[tscii:529c4c864f]Pakistan will help probe blasts: Musharraf

Islamabad: Asserting that "stalling" of the India-Pakistan peace process over the Mumbai terror attacks would amount to playing into the hands of terrorists, President Pervez Musharraf on Tuesday said Pakistan would help with the probe into the attacks if India provided "concrete information" instead of making "unsubstantiated allegations."

Referring to the "recent statements emanating from the Indian side and the postponement of Foreign Secretary-level talks following the Mumbai blasts," Gen. Musharraf told the National Security Council that "any stalling of the ongoing peace process would be unfortunate and doing so because of terrorist attacks would be tantamount to playing into the hands of the terrorists."

"We must not allow such terrorist acts to undermine the historic opportunity for lasting peace between Pakistan and India," an official statement quoted him as saying. "Instead of unsubstantiated allegations and aspersions, if the Indian side has any concrete information it should be shared with Pakistan and we would help with the investigation."

The NSC was attended among others by the top brass of the Pakistan Army, Navy and Air Force besides the Chief Ministers and Governors of the four provinces who gave an overview of the regional situation.

Earlier, Pakistan's Information Minister Muhammad Ali Durrani termed India's decision to postpone the Foreign Secretary-level talks "unwanted and unnecessary". — PTI

Do we have any concrete proof that the terrorists are from Pakistan ??

[/tscii:529c4c864f]

manuel
19th July 2006, 04:10 PM
[tscii:c59de4df3d]Pakistan will help probe blasts: Musharraf
................Do we have any concrete proof that the terrorists are from Pakistan ??
[/tscii:c59de4df3d]

It seems our investigation team still does not have a concrete proof of Pakistan's involvement ..
All these action of postponing the secretarial level talks and all seems to be like a desperate & futile attempt by our governement to show us indian people that they are indeed sincere in fighting terror