PDA

View Full Version : Naga Neram

bingleguy
27th July 2006, 12:23 PM
Vanakkam to all the ardent fans of Naga :-) am happy being one amongst you all !

For quite sometime i have been planning to open a thread as a complete and wholehearted fidelity to the greatest Television Director of all times :-)

NAGA

Naga has a special talent for MYSTERIES which did pave way to his huge success in the small screen sector. Naga is a GURU to many makers :-)

Naga's Marmadesam took him to heights and his recent work Chidambara Rahasiyam also has taken deep into the hearts of many :-) He has special talents making his viewers sit in the tip of their seats :-) He did that in both Marmadesam and CR !

I take this oppurtunity to show limelight on the greatest small screen directors of all times Naga sir :-) I have a lot to write on him which i would subsequently share with everybody .... that too after meeting him in person, i have developed a lot of respect for his intellectuality :-)

Let us use this thread as our interaction thread with Naga - this thread would serve as a common platform for our interactions with him -

Let us shoot our questions to him and We can discuss about his future works, let us share his intectuality ....

Lets Meet Naga ! :clap:

bingleguy
27th July 2006, 02:21 PM
Naga sir kitta enakku romba pidicha vishayangaL

=> He is a very good Listener
=> He is very very simple and down to earth
=> An intellectual
=> Moving with people - he has a lot of friends
=> His ideas and thoughts and he has also told that avar kitta work panradhu romba kashtamaam :-) nyaabagam irukka Naga sir :-) Pavithra P la 3rd floor la reception kitta sonneenga :-)

VENKIRAJA
27th July 2006, 07:54 PM
post his entire history,or atleast hi list of serials with years,i'll verify whether i've seen everything of it,maybe u can add a poll to explore his best serial!
-naagavirku makuti oothiya oruvan.

bingleguy
28th July 2006, 10:01 AM
I shall keep adding things wherever necessary Venki :-)

Naga has done a comedy serial too :-)

Ramani Vs Ramani :-)

It was basically dealing with the not so matured love after marriage ... dealt with Comedy !

Infact Naga said, he liked this work of him very much !

P_R
28th July 2006, 03:31 PM
Ramani Vs Ramani Smile Yes I vaguely remember that one. In the days back then when my time was mine I used to be able to follow TV serials at stipulated times. That's out of the question now.

A week or so back I saw what happened to be the very last scene of Chidambara Ragasiyam (a serial I had heard a lot about but managed to altogether miss).

A letter from the past comes addressed to a man and the wife promptly reads it and interrogates the husband about that. The conversation was very well written and pretty hilarious. It reminded me of Ramani vs. Ramani. And the last line was something like "Appodhu avanukku poorva jenmathin meedhu nambikkai vandhadhu. Poorva jenmathil avan EdhO paavam seidhirukku vEndum". :-)

I assume the serial may have dealt at length about the idea of poorva jenmam. To be able to joke about the whole thing in the last line was beautiful.

bingleguy
28th July 2006, 03:45 PM
Ys prabhu :-) very aptly dealt with ..... infact CR ai neenga miss panniteenga ... it really dealt with many things that suit the current IT generation ....

bingleguy
28th July 2006, 05:51 PM
This has been shared already in CR thread i believe :-) still for the new comers benefit : Here it goes

Why does Naga continue to make weekly serials? Read on to find out the reasons for his success

http://www.hinduonnet.com/mp/2005/03/07/stories/2005030700020200.htm

bingleguy
28th July 2006, 05:55 PM
Naga sir :-) First question from my side....

What is ur pace of delivering a project ? to be precise, how is the length of a serial decided ? is it decided on the flow ? or is it decided on the Channel that Telecast ? or do you have a fixed number of episodes ?

Naaga
28th July 2006, 10:58 PM
Hi everybody.......
I dont know how to react to this thread..........except to :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Naga sir :-) First question from my side....

What is ur pace of delivering a project ? to be precise, how is the length of a serial decided ? is it decided on the flow ? or is it decided on the Channel that Telecast ? or do you have a fixed number of episodes ?

All these and much more factors influence the length of the project......
To start with channels always talk of 13 weeks and its multiples.......nowadays no serial breaks-even, in terms of commerce, before it is 26 weeks old..........therefore.......a minimum of a year has become mandatory...........(This applies to dailies too)

Again, from the creative side........one knows, roughly, the length to which the story will run if everything goes as planned.........[My estimate for CR was 100.......then having to change the actors for Thulasi and PD, Ranjith (Akash) falling ill for 3 months, Abirami (Abirami) suddenly getting married and shifting to Srilanka, YGM and Bombay Gnanam's theatre commitments, Sorna (Arthi) deciding to join an airline to serve.......each of these takes its own toll on the story and naturally alters the length of the story.]

aanaa
29th July 2006, 12:30 AM
Hi everybody.......

thank you for sharing your concerns.

some more +++
==> Simple
==> listning the audiens views
==> allocated time to join the forum
==> shared his thoughts/views
==> Q & S

the above are the best qualities of human beings

aanaa
29th July 2006, 12:31 AM
I did watch marmadesam ..
one of hiss superb thrills series

gmax2k5
31st July 2006, 04:36 AM
yeah, marmadesam was great, i was in school during that time, and we used to watch that show, and talk about it the first thing in the morning, who could the killer be, and rudraveenai was also a great serial, i was surprised, because the week rudraveenai ended, next week chidambara ragasiyam started. so, im looking forward to next naga serial.

bingleguy
31st July 2006, 10:36 AM
:-) :notworthy:

Nothing can go unnoticed from you Naga sir :-) Thanks a TON for gracing this thread !

You have sent clear waves by your reaction :-) What i feel is that your noetic and intellectual thoughts are worthy to be noticed,shared and complimented ! Hence my feeling of bringing the Unsung memoirs of an intellectual is what has urged me on to open this thread :-)

Thanks for the directions to my question naga sir :-)

Guys n Gals, utilize this oppurtunity to talk to the Great Man himself !

nandhunaren
1st August 2006, 12:56 AM
speaking of marma desam, i downloaded all 69 odd episodes last week and watched them over the weekend. it was such a racy, gripping show and it brought back memories from my school days. a trend setter and a beacon of its own genre, it attracted audience of a wide age range didnt it? I can now say i know about mr. naga more than i did back then from his involvement in our CR thread and that made me think that none of the stuff from Marma desam (Ragasiyamai oru Ragasiyam) was thrown at us. Every single detail was backed up by research i am sure. He was such a fore runner that he was probably the first one to involve IT in a tamil serial. although it was predictable at times, the show never ceased to be captivating.
Above all, what i appreciate more, since i am somewhat of an *adult* now, are the nuances of the blossoming of love between Prithviraj and vasuki / ramji and nimmi.. It was done without even them having to touch each other and only with beautiful dialogues, just as it would be done in anytown tamilnadu. But to me, Mr. naga topped himself in 'vidadhu karuppu'. I am not sure if it was pre-alaipayuthey but the concept of 12 min flashback and 12 min present day was absolute genius. and there couldn't have been a perfect ending to that show; it all just unravelled in a matter of minutes and past met present and then it was left hanging for the future too.
Didn't get to watch rudra veenai but i have every single episode of CR and even though i didn't get the same attachment as to his previous shows, this one is up there as one of his gems too. Overall, Mr. Naaga is like a cool brother that everyone would like to have. Not giving up his roots (evident from his beautiful poems, and even scripture writing knowledge) but still exploring new technology (implementing ASCII, software tech, most of all interacting with fans on a forum and actually putting it on the show). I would love to meet him one day and talk to the man that inspired a lot of us and has showed that intelligent and worthful shows can be made and be made a hit on TV. I will come up with questions later but I am glad I could share this with you all.

a.ratchasi
1st August 2006, 08:42 AM
Naga sir, thank you for sharing with us your wonderful works of art. CR is definitely up there with Vidathu Karuppu.

bpbp
1st August 2006, 08:49 AM
happy to see Naaga replying even after the end of CR....that shows how sincere he is with his fans...hats off! :2thumbsup:

bingleguy
1st August 2006, 08:54 AM
happy to see Naaga replying even after the end of CR....that shows how sincere he is with his fans...hats off! :2thumbsup:

:clap: Naga sir .... !

bpbp ..... Naga sir is very much a Gentleman when it regards to his observers .... He just not blindly considers ppl as fans ... but as Observers and gives importance to every post of them !

bingleguy
1st August 2006, 09:11 AM
a trend setter and a beacon of its own genre, it attracted audience of a wide age range didnt it?

Very true !

Every single detail was backed up by research i am sure. He was such a fore runner that he was probably the first one to involve IT in a tamil serial.

He does this Naren :-) His every step/move is based on a research ... His research is deep and informative ... the information he possesses is way beyond our imagination .................. Absolutely IT is his pet, i shld say ;-) In today's world, computers play a major role and Naga sir made right use of the same !

although it was predictable at times, the show never ceased to be captivating.
The predictions, i believe ... were to increase the imaginative skills of the viewer too :-) he made us get involved in the story !

the concept of 12 min flashback and 12 min present day was absolute genius. and there couldn't have been a perfect ending to that show; it all just unravelled in a matter of minutes and past met present and then it was left hanging for the future too.

Everybody must have enjoyed this a lot ! NAGA sir gives CONCEPTS :-)

Overall, Mr. Naaga is like a cool brother that everyone would like to have.
If u meet him ... u ll find him to something way beyond our imagination, again !

csnarain
2nd August 2006, 12:02 AM
speaking of marma desam, i downloaded all 69 odd episodes last week and watched them over the weekend. it was such a racy, gripping show and it brought back memories from my school days. a trend setter and a beacon of its own genre, it attracted audience of a wide age range didnt it? I can now say i know about mr. naga more than i did back then from his involvement in our CR thread and that made me think that none of the stuff from Marma desam (Ragasiyamai oru Ragasiyam) was thrown at us. Every single detail was backed up by research i am sure. He was such a fore runner that he was probably the first one to involve IT in a tamil serial. although it was predictable at times, the show never ceased to be captivating.
Above all, what i appreciate more, since i am somewhat of an *adult* now, are the nuances of the blossoming of love between Prithviraj and vasuki / ramji and nimmi.. It was done without even them having to touch each other and only with beautiful dialogues, just as it would be done in anytown tamilnadu. But to me, Mr. naga topped himself in 'vidadhu karuppu'. I am not sure if it was pre-alaipayuthey but the concept of 12 min flashback and 12 min present day was absolute genius. and there couldn't have been a perfect ending to that show; it all just unravelled in a matter of minutes and past met present and then it was left hanging for the future too.
Didn't get to watch rudra veenai but i have every single episode of CR and even though i didn't get the same attachment as to his previous shows, this one is up there as one of his gems too. Overall, Mr. Naaga is like a cool brother that everyone would like to have. Not giving up his roots (evident from his beautiful poems, and even scripture writing knowledge) but still exploring new technology (implementing ASCII, software tech, most of all interacting with fans on a forum and actually putting it on the show). I would love to meet him one day and talk to the man that inspired a lot of us and has showed that intelligent and worthful shows can be made and be made a hit on TV. I will come up with questions later but I am glad I could share this with you all.

Can you pls let me know from where you downloaded Marma Desam-1. Also pls let me know if I can download vidathu karuppu from any website. This serial was aired on Raj TV and they stopped telecasting it for some unknown reason. I'm just too curious to know the climax. Pls let me know if you know the link for download

Sanguine Sridhar
2nd August 2006, 08:38 AM
Hi Naaga,

I watched all of your serials including 'Ramani Vs Ramni' except 'Ruthraveenai'.I am a great fan of you and i told Vasanth the same :) .. The main thing which i liked in your serials is you satisfy both kind of people, who love Spiritual and Science!!

And no second thought that you are the first person to introduce the concept of 'Split Personality'- Vidathu Karuppu, to tamil people which got enhanced as Anniyan and Chandramukhi :)

You deserve a thread in this forum! Hats-off :clap:

bingleguy
4th August 2006, 08:50 AM
serial breaks-even, in terms of commerce, before it is 26 weeks old..........therefore.......a minimum of a year has become mandatory...........(This applies to dailies too)

Naga sir
Can u throw some light on the break-even that you talk about !?

Naaga
4th August 2006, 12:45 PM
Can u throw some light on the break-even that you talk about !?

In terms of production.......we need to have the episodes produced in advance.........that is......a minimum of 6 episodes for the weeklies and 20 episodes for the dailies should be there in hand to start with (and then on at any given time), to cover up for any eventuality.......(example......the film industry went on a three month strike when 'vidathu karuppu' was on air)

That means money locked up.........say, at the rate of Rs.1,00,000/- it is roughly Rs.6L for weeklies and Rs.20L for the dailies.........

The revenue generated from the advertisements will reach only after a credit period of 90 days from the day of telecast............so additional money has to be invested to cover up for the waiting period (episodes to be procured........)

That is a minimum of 14 episodes for weeklies and around 65 episodes for dailies have to be produced before one starts getting back the money.........

Again, the initial investment will be high.......as we need to prepare sets and procure properties that will last over the entire serial......(in Ragasiyam: the box, tanker lorry, etc., in Karuppu: the sword, caves, karuppu samy temple, etc., in Rudraveenai: the veenai, the wells, the temple, etc., in CR: The olai chuvadis, the Neithal office, Meteorological dept., etc.,................plus the title grafx and music.) All this mean that the money locked up is not exactly corresponding to the number of episodes procured.......which will be lesser than the money spent for......

Plus..........the viewership pattern has to get established (vide TRP)........which will be after 13 or so episodes, when we can say that the TRP is stabilised............(note the date of TS's first posting in CR thread!) and the marketing agencies (after ensuring the fate of the programme) start paying more (or pull out) only after this point........

Cumulative effect of all this......no one evens out the two sides of their account book......before the 26th week.........and should go on to make profit (or lick ones wounds).

bingleguy
4th August 2006, 01:54 PM
:omg:

So many complications ... and viewers just sit for those 30mins and criticize on the advertisements during the period and pass comments just like that on the drama !

Now i believe that the industry is really a tough place for a competition ! If somebody is coming out of all these things, and performing and getting a name in the industry means :shock: True that these are really tough !

Credit period of 90 days ... hmn .... so lot of things have to be invested ! Pre-Production cost would be born by the producers right ?!
True, i guess for CR it has been atleast May-Nov nearly 6 months for settling down and the investors to get a hold and belief on its performance !

I believe for a person who is starting afresh in this industry has to really strive hard and move upstream and that is truly a VERY VERY VERY TOUGH JOB ! When even maestro's like you faced a tough job getting an excellent TRP -> need not ask about new comers !

I believe the project of creating a teleserial is no JOKE ! This needs a lot of commitment and more than that LUCK, i believe ! A cinema is one such thing, but that does not need to take care of the happennings daily ... but a weekly or a daily serial has to take care of daily events and happennings .....

Great info Naga sir :clap: We really admire the way you have swum upstream and attained a remarkable position in the small screen !

arunvani
5th August 2006, 02:38 AM
[quote="nandhunaren"]speaking of marma desam, i downloaded all 69 odd episodes last week and watched them over the weekend. it was such a racy, gripping show and it brought back memories from my school days.

Hello , from where you downloaded the marmadesam??
i would like to.
arunachalam
kalaivani

bingleguy
8th August 2006, 08:54 AM
Naga sir !

Will science on screen be understood by everybody ? i mean for instance the decoding of zeros n ones can be understood only by ppl who somewhat understands a lil on computers ... probably they may not decode the stuff, but understands what decoding means .....

But waht will that be for a person who is not even a novice in computers ....

I see that u bring a lot of science and day to day facts on screen ... how are u taking care of the reach of the media being developed ..... Wat would be your expectation... do u wanna everyone to watch or u think only those who understands your views are enough !

Throw some light on whom do u want your audience to be ?

Naaga
8th August 2006, 06:35 PM

In my opinion, any creation (for it to survive the test of time) should still make sense in the future........that is, even if it doesn't make sense to everyone in the present.

So, my TG is majorly in the future.........(i know that is asking a lil too much in this 'fast food' medium) :?

VENKIRAJA
8th August 2006, 07:24 PM
what next "mr. manirathnam of tv"?

laddu
8th August 2006, 11:24 PM
Mr.Bingleguy,
Exactly how many times will you change the picture on your icon :)

Naaga,
What's next for you? I know I have asked this question when I met you :) Wednesday's are boring these days...nothing ragasiyam to look forward to. :)
I know you initially had directed "Athu Mattum Ragasiyam"...what's with Ragasiyam you got? is it a coincidence? :)

bingleguy
9th August 2006, 01:00 PM

In my opinion, any creation (for it to survive the test of time) should still make sense in the future........that is, even if it doesn't make sense to everyone in the present.

So, my TG is majorly in the future.........(i know that is asking a lil too much in this 'fast food' medium) :?

Agreed Naga sir, anything creation shld make sense in future too
WOW :-) We see ur work really ulterior... you do every creation of urs with an artistic touch and an excellently penned and analyzed project :-)

:-) Well TODAY is the key :-) as u rightly said to me :-)
Till yest we never had a note on internet ..... but today we sit n discuss a TV pgm on the net ... :-) which is definitely a technology factor ... also i feel, technology should reach all -> a humble opinion

Well can u tell me what is TG ? sorry if that s a simple thing, n i didnt understand ! :-)

bingleguy
9th August 2006, 01:31 PM
Mr.Bingleguy,

:-) Change is the ONLY CONSTANT thing in this world :lol:

bingleguy
9th August 2006, 01:34 PM
Mr.Bingleguy,

:-) Change is the ONLY CONSTANT thing in this world :lol:

bingleguy
9th August 2006, 03:24 PM

:roll:

Naaga
10th August 2006, 04:04 PM
TG= Target Group.........

bingleguy
10th August 2006, 04:06 PM
Naga sir !

3 MAIN DIFFERENCES between

SMALL SCREEN vs BIG SCREEN ....

ungalai porutha varai ... Share pannungalen :-)

aanaa
10th August 2006, 06:53 PM
That means money locked up.........say, at the rate of Rs.1,00,000/- it is roughly Rs.6L for weeklies and Rs.20L for the dailies.........

this also might include switching between actor/actress??
cancellation

replacing the existing faces??

eventually will it BIG provitable?

Naaga
11th August 2006, 12:29 AM

1. Money n time.........Less vs more.
2. Star system.........absence vs presence.
3. Viewers mindset.........Bright drawing room vs Theatres' darkness

I think the third is the foremost of them all.........

bingleguy
11th August 2006, 09:20 AM

this also might include switching between actor/actress??
cancellation

replacing the existing faces??

eventually will it BIG provitable?

i believe there is less connection between what the sponsors involve and what the producers spend .....................................

Producers take care of everything that involves cost related to the creation but Sponsors are the ppl who take it up after its production and all the more the fate of the creation is in their hands ............. atleast in terms of advertising ...........

Rolling Eyes am i right Naga sir ?

bingleguy
11th August 2006, 09:33 AM

1. Money n time.........Less vs more.
2. Star system.........absence vs presence.
3. Viewers mindset.........Bright drawing room vs Theatres' darkness

I think the third is the foremost of them all.........

Very True Naga sir ......

Watching at ease is the advantage that the small screen gets ....

Today i believe Small screen is getting pretty famous .... the small screen has been hitting the media and the net quite more like how the movie does ........... i find certain quick points in my mind........ wish to share here ...

>> Considering small screen too, a place of investment
>> Stars slow march towards SMALL screen
>> Reaching the MASS quickly (at ease, while relaxing :-))

What is your opinion on the same Naga sir ?

Naaga
11th August 2006, 06:24 PM

[ I wonder whether it is an advantage or a disadvantage..........
coz it also means distraction.......pushing the programmes to the status of 'piped music'........thereby not nurturing the medium properly to make it become an art form.........

Anyway, i didn't mean it.......... ]

I meant the frame of mind of the viewer.........
for instance........
watching an erotic dance number in the darkness of the theatre as a faceless anonymous person..............is very different from....................watching the same number in your drawing room with all your family members in broad daylight.........

This change in the mind set.........determines what could be dealt and how (in both the media).......

bingleguy
11th August 2006, 06:41 PM

[ I wonder whether it is an advantage or a disadvantage..........
coz it also means distraction.......pushing the programmes to the status of 'piped music'........thereby not nurturing the medium properly to make it become an art form.........

Anyway, i didn't mean it.......... ]

I meant the frame of mind of the viewer.........
for instance........
watching an erotic dance number in the darkness of the theatre as a faceless anonymous person..............is very different from....................watching the same number in your drawing room with all your family members in broad daylight.........

This change in the mind set.........determines what could be dealt and how (in both the media).......

well well well :-) Ys, it does mean a distraction at time .... though it takes the status of piped music ... the attraction still remains the same .... coz many a times, tis cinema stuff which attracts more :-) once the radio was believed to be such a thing, but at that time, it was the only entertainment :-) so they welcomed it !

I meant, ease as the very meaning of comfortably n relaxing :-)

Ya .... i got ur view of saying the difference ... ys, watching such a thing in complete darkness is absolutely different from watching it with a known band, that too in daylight :-) V all really feel such a thing .... even u get to get attracted more when u see ur favourite on the big screen more than the small screen :-)

Thanks a ton for your inputs Naga sir :-) :clap:

laddu
1st September 2006, 11:00 PM
Naga sir....when is your next serial coming.........????

bingleguy
18th September 2006, 10:55 AM
Naga sir !

What is your opinion on screenplay ..... ?

Do u think screenplay contribute almost 50% to the success of the serial ..... ?

bingleguy
2nd November 2006, 04:25 AM
Naga sir ... still expecting your answer on the SCREENPLAY :-)

bingleguy
7th November 2006, 09:46 AM
Meendum CR :-)

nacdaman
7th December 2006, 12:21 AM
Naaga Sir...When is paramapadam going to be on air???? is it a bi lingual..

kelly
1st February 2007, 05:16 AM
Mr Naaga, we are still waiting for your new serial

bingleguy
2nd February 2007, 11:58 PM
I am sorry for the long gap that i left on this thread .....

well I had a call with Naga sir yest :-) so happy to speak to him after a long time ..... We went on and on and on ... n i forgot that i am disturbing him on his daily schedule ..... so thought of giving a gap ... :-) arai mani nerathukku appuram dhaan avarai vitten :-)
enna panradhu.... u r so admired ....

Naga sir ...... as usual another question from my side ...

how do u choose the actors ????

>> based on their familarity .... ?
>> based on their rating and ability ?
>> can make anyone act ?????

aanaa
3rd February 2007, 05:16 AM
thanks to keep this page in live

Naaga
3rd February 2007, 07:42 PM
Im sorry too...for the long gap.

how do u choose the actors ????

>> based on their familarity .... ?
>> based on their rating and ability ?

Well, choosing actors start with the character getting etched in my mind. Then first the body structure and age come into play.

After i identify some people in the right age group and with the right body structure...........then one of the faces (with certain minor corrections popularly known as 'Get-up-change')will define and complete my characters.

If the inherent personality of the actor has shades of the character as seen by me, then nothing like it.
(example: if you happen to meet Krishna somewhere, you will see there is not much difference between him and 'Somu')

Then, if the person is a first time actor, i go for an audition to find
1.if the person has talent
2.whether he is interpreting my character well
(many a slip happens here........ :( basically because certain people are still bathroom actors.)

>> can make anyone act ?????

Can anyone be made to act.......?

Difficult question to answer.
If the person is inherently complex with inhibitions/hangups/egoism then it is difficult to make them act.
Though there are techniques to acting....all of them demand that you change or atleast suspend your self-evaluation. Hardest thing to do in life.
Once you master that, then the techniques are learnt in no time.

P_R
4th February 2007, 01:14 AM
Sad basically because certain people are still bathroom actors.) :lol:

Though there are techniques to acting....all of them demand that you change or atleast suspend your self-evaluation. Hardest thing to do in life.
Once you master that, then the techniques are learnt in no time. Has a universal ring to it, even outside the context.

Questions to Mr. Naga
1) A few years back Raj TV retelecast first MarmadEsam serial. The original weekly series, was telecast daily in the afternoon (!!).
The impact was very different. The hair raising suspense, mystic characters and music - not to mention the Olaichuvadi read by the booming voice-over- were all still there. But it was a shadow of the original.

It got me thinking about how , unlike filmmakers, you operate under the restrictions of the existing living room environment. Given a limited leverage on telecast slots, how much attention is it reasonabe expect out of the TV viewer ?

2) Whodunnit formats have the mandatory 'explanation' sequences. 'naan En appidi paNNinEnnaa........ hahahaha'. This, IMO, forces a dip in the visual storytelling . How do you strike a balance between telling the audience enough without getting someone to actually 'tell' it ?

3) Ramani vs. Ramani was among the first serials in Tamil to use the laughter track. Usually laughter cues in serials and stage were/are given with the help of music. Do you think 'laughter-track' is an improvement over this ? How would you respond to the common accusation that laughter track is used to cover-up when a joke falls short on screen ?

Naaga
4th February 2007, 04:07 PM
1) A few years back Raj TV retelecast first MarmadEsam serial. The original weekly series, was telecast daily in the afternoon (!!).
The impact was very different. The hair raising suspense, mystic characters and music - not to mention the Olaichuvadi read by the booming voice-over- were all still there. But it was a shadow of the original.

It got me thinking about how , unlike filmmakers, you operate under the restrictions of the existing living room environment. Given a limited leverage on telecast slots, how much attention is it reasonabe expect out of the TV viewer ?
Psyches of the viewers of a film and that of the TV are different...
They are intense, critical and open to titillations(sex,violence,item-numbers et al.)when they watch a film in the darkness.
Distracted, more lenient and closed to all titillations when they watch a TV show with the full lights on and with the family.
Therefore it becomes all the more difficult to hold their attention on TV than on large screen. But again.......the memory of the viewer plays a major role here.

Asking a common man to remember the details of a part of a long story told for 20 minutes over the next 24 hours (before he is given the next installment) is making a huge demand with all his woes to attend to in real life. Most of us don't even remember what we had for the previous day's lunch.

This is the bane of the TVshows and interestingly it is also the boon. No body remembers what happened three weeks before, in the story. Therefore, the TV people can get away with 'murder'. We can change location, actor, even the happenings of a story with three weeks gap.....and no one notices.

2) Whodunnit formats have the mandatory 'explanation' sequences. 'naan En appidi paNNinEnnaa........ hahahaha'. This, IMO, forces a dip in the visual storytelling . How do you strike a balance between telling the audience enough without getting someone to actually 'tell' it ?
By just letting the viewer know it all along (though with hidden indications and subtle manipulations) and by letting him sum-up for himself.

3) Ramani vs. Ramani was among the first serials in Tamil to use the laughter track. Usually laughter cues in serials and stage were/are given with the help of music. Do you think 'laughter-track' is an improvement over this ? How would you respond to the common accusation that laughter track is used to cover-up when a joke falls short on screen ?
I disagree.
Laughter tracks are not an improvement over the music. Both operate on different aspects of the psyche of the viewer/audience.

Any humour is sadism. To see someone in a difficult situation (ofcourse, with the knowledge that they will come-out unscathed) is 'humour'.

To put them in a physical discomfort is 'slap-stick', to put them in a intellectual discomfort is the 'dialogue-comedy' and emotional discomfort is 'situational comedy'.

In the yesteryears when there was more of slap-stick humour...the viewer had to be told that everything is okay and nothing happens to the character even if he is run over by a road roller. So to trivialise the act itself they had to use contradicting(music) and exaggerated sounds(sound effects). (In your ms movie-maker try placing realistic sound track for a tom'n'jerry clip and watch. It will look like a horror flic.)

Whereas the 'laughter tracks' are there for a very different reason.

Very few people laugh aloud when they are alone. Even if we read the best of joke, when we are alone, most of us just smile and move on. Whereas we will be laughing like maniacs, for the silliest/repeated jokes when we are in a group. In other words most of us need approval/endorsement/anonymity to laugh out loud. (Others are called 'siddhars' :lol: )

Laughter tracks are used for small-screen viewing only and doesn't work for theatrical viewing. That is because mostly the viewing of TV is alone or twosome. A laughter track works in creating an atmosphere of a large-group viewing and hence triggers laughter for a better viewing experience.

The indian understanding of the usage of the 'laughter track' is marred by the misuse of it by the show people.........by repeating the same track over and over and not working on the variations (canned), by mistiming and preempting (you-telling-me-to-laugh-here) and over usage (i-can-only-smile-for-this-joke)

P_R
4th February 2007, 11:55 PM
Thank you for the detailed responses Mr.Naaga.

I have a taste of black humour and have always been in a position to defend it ('how can u find that funny ?' kind of questions). I used to counter it with 'all humour is based on misery'. But the argument found few takers. I was glad to read your response. These lines sum it up best:
To put them in a physical discomfort is 'slap-stick', to put them in a intellectual discomfort is the 'dialogue-comedy' and emotional discomfort is 'situational comedy'. :clap:

Wish you all the best.

aanaa
5th February 2007, 08:22 AM
Naga
this hub has selected/voted you are the best director
keep up
congrats for the good work

bingleguy
21st February 2007, 07:06 AM
One more flower to add to the Genius's garland :-)

THe hub has selected Naga's Chidambara Rahasyam as the Best Teleserial :-)

:clap: Naga sir :-) Kalakkunga ......

ungaloda adutha padaippai paaka aavalaa irukkom :-) ;-) koodiya viraivil neenga andha Good News ai elloridamum share seiveergal ena nambugiren :-)

pavalamani pragasam
21st February 2007, 07:47 AM
:2thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congrats, Naga!

bingleguy
6th May 2007, 06:25 AM
Naga sir...................... romba naaal aachu....
Wednesdays...........keep goin ............. ungaloda padaippu

chinna thiraiyo velli thirayo ...... kaana aavaloda irukkirom ....

Naga sir....
>>> When we met ..... script n screen play appadingardhu Present tense la sollu nnu sonneenga...... is there any reason for that?????

Naaga
7th May 2007, 04:19 PM
..... script n screen play appadingardhu Present tense la sollu nnu sonneenga...... is there any reason for that?????

Yes there is. A screen play is generally not an end in itself. It is a step in the creation of the film and serves the purpose of telling oneself and others the flow of the film's emotional outlay. In other words it is a tool by which we attempt to experience the film before it is a reality..........and what better way to create an emotional experience than in present tense!!??

bingleguy
9th May 2007, 02:26 AM
That was absolutely awesome Naaga sir ..... infact i guess initially i started saying the deja vu as in a past tense ... from the time, u had updated me with this info .... i started writing the story in present tense ..... but there is a limitation that i am facing ......

Normally i would give some present happennings .... like current affairs or day's importance etc during my narration .... but when iam giving a gap in writing the story .... this gets lost coz i am writing it in present tense :-) ofcourse i can continue the story ... but i will not be able to tell the current affairs during that :-)

Naga sir....... Wat is a CALL SHEET ? hope i am spelling it correctly ..... can u explain the difference between the big and small screen call sheet .... ? if the actor is not able meet the timelines as per the call sheet ..... is he liable for cut in his pay or legal action ????

Naaga
9th May 2007, 08:10 PM
That was absolutely awesome Naaga sir ..... infact i guess initially i started saying the deja vu as in a past tense ... from the time, u had updated me with this info .... i started writing the story in present tense ..... but there is a limitation that i am facing ......

Normally i would give some present happennings .... like current affairs or day's importance etc during my narration .... but when iam giving a gap in writing the story .... this gets lost coz i am writing it in present tense :-) ofcourse i can continue the story ... but i will not be able to tell the current affairs during that :-)

I feel, a literary-work works better in the past tense. (Im sure 'Deja-vu' is a recollection of a past experience... :wink: ). This is because most of the time we as story-writers want to share our experience and also put in the characters' feelings in that situation........ like, "Avalukkul ethopol irunthathu...." or "avan ullukkul appadiye udainthuponan"..........

"Avalukkul ethopol irukkirathu...." and "avan ullukkul appadiye udainthupogiran" don't work so well.

....... Wat is a CALL SHEET ?

A call-sheet is actually a sheet (report) with the call time specified for the actors. It is generated for everyday of shooting, specifying the actors required for the day.
You can download one from here:
http://www.dependentfilms.net/files.html
In usage it has come to indicate the availability of an actor or a technician for the shoot.

.......can u explain the difference between the big and small screen call sheet .... ?

None whatsoever.......except that sometimes we don't have enough time to plan and generate one in advance in the small screen. (Sometimes, some of the scenes in some of the serials are evidently written based on the actors' availability... :cry: )

.......if the actor is not able meet the timelines as per the call sheet ..... is he liable for cut in his pay or legal action ????

The whole industry works on trust and faith. The breach of which generally reflects in the future demand and reputation for the personnel. Generally, no one opts to use the legal machinery. We have unions to handle these situations.

detective
9th May 2007, 10:41 PM
Hello everybody

I was following Chidhambara Ragasiyam in the HUB (HUE??!!) but lost contact after that. I was housekeeping my internet favourites and CR was one of them. Looked into it for old times sakes and ended up here.

Thanks Naaga for taking time to answer technical/practical questions from viewers. I will have some of my own later.

NOV
15th May 2007, 06:11 PM
for all those keen to ask Naaga questions directly, please come here: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=9601&start=1020

he is the guest of the day!

pavalamani pragasam
15th May 2007, 08:47 PM
Where is bingleguy???

R.Latha
3rd June 2008, 09:51 AM
சின்னத்திரையில் காத்துகருப்பு போன்ற திகில் தொடர்கள் மூலம் பிரபலமான டைரக்டர் நாகா, டைரக்டர்ஷங்கர் தயாரிக்கும் புதிய படத்தை இயக்குகிறார்.இதிலும் நாகாவுக்கே உரிய திகில் பின்னணி உண்டு என்கிறார்கள்.

nandhunaren
14th July 2008, 10:23 PM
just logged on here after a while! wonder if the post above is true. if yes, i hope naga will deliver the goods on the silver screen as well.. eagerly awaiting the official word on the movie. hope naga can return to the magic days of karuppu!!

bingleguy
25th August 2008, 10:10 AM
Shankar's S Pictures delivers the genius of the small screen to the Silver Screen ....

The next venture of Naga sir has been almost finalized - with the script completed and actors chosen and most of the pre-production done.

Naga sir has planned the shooting of the film in the God's own country for his new film titled "Ananthapurathu vEedu" !

more to come ....

clnarain
25th August 2008, 11:37 AM
Shankar's S Pictures delivers the genius of the small screen to the Silver Screen ....

The next venture of Naga sir has been almost finalized - with the script completed and actors chosen and most of the pre-production done.

Naga sir has planned the shooting of the film in the God's own country for his new film titled "Ananthapurathu vEedu" !

more to come ....

Bingleguy: This time you are quiet late in delivering the news. :lol: The confirmed news hit the stand a couple of days back. Anyways we are eagerly waiting for a treat in the silver screen from our beloved director. All the best Naaga Sir!!!

kandeeban
26th August 2008, 11:13 PM
Basically I hate watching teleserials these days. I remember the old days when Doordharshan ruled the roost. Then, only quality serials with a set period of 13 episodes were telecast and they did capture our hearts with the storyline. The directors knew the story before they start the project. But nowadays, I am sure, nobody knows the whole story. They just go along the stream.

K Balachander inspired me a lot with his Rayil Sneham. After that, the only other director that captured my heart is none other than Naaga. It is a delight watch each and every episode of his ventures. I really cannot compare his serials like Vidathu Karuppu, Sidharpatti (dont know the name of that particular serial) with anything. I liked sorna regai too.

His serials made me yearn for the real existence of God (as a matter of fact, my friends call me an atheist). When the characters in the serials, like Reena in Vidathu Karuppu and Manisundaram in Sidharpatti talk atheism, it makes me angry. Even though I dispute the presence of God, Naaga won me over. I feel thrilled.

I expect him to continue to deliver more serials that have entertainment values and also make people realize that the time spent before TV did not go waste.

Like him very much.

bingleguy
4th September 2008, 01:26 AM

more to come ....

Bingleguy: This time you are quiet late in delivering the news. :lol: The confirmed news hit the stand a couple of days back. Anyways we are eagerly waiting for a treat in the silver screen from our beloved director. All the best Naaga Sir!!!
:) had to wait to get an OK from sir to share this ;-)

bingleguy
4th September 2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Kandeeban !!!! :-)

Wat do u think is the personal opinion about GOD for Naga sir ;-) ?

evolution
21st September 2008, 04:01 PM
Wonderful to read this engaging thread. Kudos to all involved.

bingleguy
28th September 2008, 05:10 AM
Why did i choose chinna thirai .... Naga answers ...

http://www.techsatish.net/2008/09/18/interview-with-director-naga/

kandeeban
29th September 2008, 11:31 PM
இன்றைய தொலைக்காட்சி நாடக இயக்குனர்கள் மத்தியில் தலை நிமிர்ந்து நிற்க ஒருவருக்கு தகுதியுண்டெனில், அவர் நாகா மட்டும் தான்.

நாகாவின் இரசிகனாய் இருப்பதில் பெருமகிழ்ச்சி கொள்கிறேன்.

R.Latha
14th November 2008, 09:35 AM
ஆனந்தபுரத்து வீடு

தமிழ் பட உலகுக்கு பல பிரமாண்டமான படங்களை அளித்த டைரக்டர் ஷங்கர், ஒரு தயாரிப்பாளராக, மற்ற டைரக்டர்களுக்கு வாய்ப்பு கொடுத்து படங்களை தயாரித்தும் வருகிறார். `காதல்,' `வெயில்,' `இம்சை அரசன் 23-ம் புலிகேசி' போன்ற படங்கள், அவருடைய `எஸ் பிக்சர்ஸ்' சார்பில் தயாரானவை.

அடுத்து `எஸ் பிக்சர்ஸ்' தயாரிக்கும் புதிய படத்துக்கு, `ஆனந்தபுரத்து வீடு' என்று பெயர் சூட்டப்பட்டு இருக்கிறது.

மர்மதேசம், விடாது கருப்பு, சிதம்பர ரகசியம் ஆகிய தொலைக்காட்சி தொடர்களை இயக்கிய நாகா, இந்த படத்தின் கதை-வசனம் எழுதி, டைரக்டு செய்கிறார். சின்னத்திரை வரலாற்றில் முதன்முறையாக வித்தியாசமான கதைகள் மூலம் அனைவரின் கவனத்தையும் தன் பக்கம் திருப்பிய நாகா, இயக்கும் முதல் படம் இது.

இதில், கதாநாயகனாக நந்தா நடிக்கிறார். கதாநாயகி, சாயாசிங். இவர்களுடன் கிருஷ்ணா, கலைராணி, மற்றும் புதுமுகங்கள் நடிக்க, `ஆரியன்' என்ற மூன்று வயது சுட்டிக்குழந்தை முக்கிய வேடத்தில் அறிமுகம் ஆகிறான்.

அமெரிக்காவில், எம்.எப்.ஏ. பயின்ற அருண்மணிபழனி, இந்த படத்தின் ஒளிப்பதிவாளராக அறிமுகம் ஆகிறார். ரமேஷ்கிருஷ்ணா என்ற புதிய இசையமைப்பாளர், இசையமைக்கிறார். கவிஞர் வைரமுத்து பாடல்கள் எழுதுகிறார். படத்தின் திரைக் கதையை நாகா, இந்திரா சவுந்தரராஜன், சரத் ஆகிய மூன்று பேரும் அமைத்து இருக்கிறார்கள்.

படப்பிடிப்பு, கேரளாவில் தொடங்கியது. தொடர்ந்து மூணாறு, பொள்ளாச்சி ஆகிய இடங்களில் நடைபெறுகிறது.

clnarain
5th April 2009, 01:10 PM
Guys. I'm once again happy to share with you about a new serial being added by Rajshri.com. Directoy Naga's yet another masterpiece "Ethuvum Nadakkum" can now be viewed at the following link

http://www.rajshri.com//Tamil/tvshows/edhuvumnadakkum/edhuvumnadakkum.asp

This was made by Naga after Vidathu Karuppu and was telecasted in Raj TV around 1998/99. A beautiful serial shot entirely in the forests, and as usual deals with sitthars. Watch and enjoy!!!

bingleguy
15th June 2009, 08:29 PM
[tscii:a62f42eba4]Naga sir speaks on THE HINDU

http://www.hindu.com/2009/06/15/stories/2009061550310200.htm

He introduced a racy thriller with a supernatural element to television viewers, who were otherwise used to mega-serials depicting family dramas. It has been a few years since ‘Marma Desam’ made waves. But, it is still fresh in the memory of many for its mix of mystique and mystery. Director Naga, who directed several successful serials, is all set to venture into Tamil tinsel town with his thriller ‘Ananthapurathu Veedu.’ He speaks about his transition to the silver screen and passion to explore every genre in film-making, in an interview with K. Lakshmi…

“To me, the size of the screen does not matter as both television and films are media for storytelling. The challenge in television is to catch the audience’s attention and have them watch the serial every week. But, it could be draining as far as creativity is concerned,” says Mr. Naga, who started as an assistant cinematographer for Hindi films such as ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’ and ‘Phatar Ke Phool.’

After shifting his base to Chennai, he directed advertisement films and documentaries before he tied up with ‘Minbimbangal,’ a production house owned by director K. Balachander, to direct the sensational thriller series ‘Marma Desam.’ He has directed over 1,000 episodes in the past decade.

“Though I have directed comedy serials ‘Ramani vs Ramani’ and ‘Veetukku Veedu Looti’, I am unhappy that I have been tagged as a director who makes only thriller serials. I want to prove myself in every genre of film-making,” he says. “I have always taken a balanced stand in my serials dealing with esoteric elements. I leave it to the audience’s imagination with an open end,” he adds.

But, his choice of storyline for his debut film is mystery. “It’s a family entertainment movie with a suspense element. I have to fulfil expectations of audience,” he quips.

“I sent an e-mail to director Shankar suggesting my story idea as his production house encouraged offbeat thoughts. I met him with four or five stories. Mr. Shankar, who had already seen my serials, gave me the freedom to choose the story and the cast,” says Mr. Naga.

“Thriller and supernatural movies have always excited audiences. The recent success of such movies proves it yet again. I have also mixed humour in the suspense film. I wanted actors who have not yet been trapped into an image,” he says.

He is confident that his interest in other fields would help him convey ideas better. Besides playing the flute and trying his hand at painting, Mr. Naga has written short stories and poetry. ‘Ananthapurathu Veedu’ is slated for release by the end of July or the first week of August.

“Even if I go on to direct more suspense movies, I want to give a distinct style to every film. I also plan to venture into production in the near future,” says Mr. Naga. [/tscii:a62f42eba4]

bingleguy
15th June 2009, 08:30 PM
Release of AV is being briefly delayed due to some VFX shots pending. Sound design is currently going on ... The movie is expected to release around end of July ...

bingleguy
15th June 2009, 08:34 PM
got a chance to talk to the man behind the English script of the Ananthapurathu veedu - Sarath Haridasan. He was involved in the writing of the script of the Ananthapurathu veedu in English - around 5 years back. The same script has been modified in Tamil by the veteran writer Indira Soundararajan. Sarath was an IT man - who later pursued his dream of the screen... He is involved mostly in Advertisement shoots but also involved in penning scripts. He has been a very good friend of Naga sir.... Our best wishes to Sarath ...

ajithfederer
11th July 2009, 02:01 AM
Revisited Some episodes of Vidathu Karuppu after a very long time, thanks to youtube(:oops:). Man, what a tele-serial Main stream cinemas have to beg for such indepth characters, novel picturization and tense screenplay. I like to see the "Andru" part more than the Indru in any episodes and the Kid (Raasu) steals the lime-light away from everyone. If one closely watches the andru parts, one can easily Identify that the entire story in that section is seen from the POV of the kid. Next after is the Pechi kezhavi played superbly by C.T Raajagandham. Man you need some sort of guts to write such characters and portray them effectively on screen. Showing the Andru episodes in Black and white is a masterstroke as Nerd would say. To effectively combine theism, truth, peotic justice, atheism, love, family feuds, Treasue hunt, split personality, vengeance and what not into one great story deserves many :clap:

Hope Director Naaga achieves more fame. Will write more soon.

bingleguy
18th September 2009, 08:51 PM
AF .... i am really amazed at your insight on Vidadhu Karuppu ... i guess u have really kindled your sensitive thoughts on witnessing the serial again .....

I would really stand with you in your view ... the characters, picturization and screenplay - as rightly said firmly holds a major role in the depiction of the writings of Indira Soundarrajan .... oh, a man with shrilling and stern thoughts about characterization !!!!

Needless to say Naaga sir is the BEST person to bring those characters to life !!! He doesnt just use the good to get out best .... he can mould anything to give THE BEST !!!! Be it small screen or big screen - hes the man for screenplay with characterization insight ! He sure would rock if he climbs up the screen too !!!!

Raasu character was played by Lokesh whos a very good friend of mine .... I met him in person too during my marriage .... I am to post an interview with him soon on Mayyam ... He has acted in some films n other famous serials like Gee Boom Bah ....

raghus555
17th November 2009, 08:49 AM
Hi Guys,

I would like to know is there a way to get the Chidambara Ragasiyam episodes as DVD's or Online or downloadable or in whichever format. I followed the CR discussion Forum and happen to see many of the Hubbers are having the full episodes with them. Kindly let me know whether I can get the copies. Your help in this regard is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Raghu

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 09:14 PM
(Don't know where to write this)
Thanks to rajshri tamil channel we have all the episodes of Marma desam(Ragasiyam) now in youtube. I have been watching them at my leisure since last week. Come april 14th they have uploaded Sorna Regai as well. Hopefully they will upload Iyanthira paravai and edhuvum nadakkum soon.

clnarain
17th April 2010, 10:27 PM
Are you sure those serials are available in Rajshri even now. They removed all Naaga's serials from their website a couple days back.

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 10:51 PM
Its in youtube.

clnarain
17th April 2010, 11:21 PM
Hmm...I'm still waiting for Edhuvum Nadakkum to be uploaded. It's a great serial by Naaga. Also i'm still wondering why these were removed from Rajshri's own website

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 08:57 AM
Edhuvum Nadakkum was a great serial. Really enjoyed it at that time. Hmm kadasiya paathu oru 8-9 varusham irukkum.

clnarain
19th April 2010, 10:31 AM
Someone should put real pressure on Rajshri to bring it back. I've been literally crazy behind Rajshri editors and admins to re-upload it, but no one seems to listen.

ajithfederer
20th April 2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DHYliRfv5k

cinarain, Iyanthira paravai first episode here. The 1-19 episodes here are sorna regai. If you search marma desam youtube lists both vidathu karuppu and ragasiyam as top 1-2 results.

bingleguy
20th April 2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the updates on the serials online folks .... :)

bingleguy
20th April 2010, 11:55 PM
i happened to see the stills of Naga sir's first silver screen venture "Ananthapurathu veedu" in director shankar's blog ...

i am unaware if this is his real blog - but just thought of sharing it ...

http://www.directorshankaronline.com/tag/blog/

aanaa
21st April 2010, 01:23 AM
:ty: for sharing the bloc
bingleguy

clnarain
21st April 2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DHYliRfv5k

cinarain, Iyanthira paravai first episode here. The 1-19 episodes here are sorna regai. If you search marma desam youtube lists both vidathu karuppu and ragasiyam as top 1-2 results.

Thanks ajithfederer. I'm eagerly waiting for Edhuvum Nadakkum too.

aanaa
27th April 2010, 06:05 AM
நாகாவின் விடாது கருப்பு (http://www.techsatish.net/2010/04/tv-serials-index.html)

[html:286152584e]<div align="center">

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-svzoOgDkM&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-svzoOgDkM&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
</div>[/html:286152584e]

aanaa
27th April 2010, 06:09 AM
சொர்ண ரேகை - C J பாஸ்கர் (http://www.techsatish.net/2010/04/tv-serials-index.html)

[html:a99c7171ba]<div align="center"><object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/78p6uu-JUwI&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/78p6uu-JUwI&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
</div>[/html:a99c7171ba]

Due Correction here AANAA ....

Sorna Regai is CJ Baskar's ......

:ty:

aanaa
27th April 2010, 06:11 AM
மர்மதேசம் - நாகா (http://www.techsatish.net/2010/04/tv-serials-index.html)

[html:831c0d3f9e]<div align="center">

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xHi9DBKhKVc&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xHi9DBKhKVc&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
</div>[/html:831c0d3f9e]

ts
28th April 2010, 05:40 PM
Rudhra veenai anywhere ? (I am greedy :-))

clnarain
3rd May 2010, 02:44 AM
Crazy Rajshri is not uploading Edhuvum Nadakkum. Not sure why. They were having this serial on their website a couple of weeks back but suddenly removed it.

kabi_jf1
9th June 2010, 09:02 PM
I was trying to get Chidambara Ragasiyam serial from net, but I couldn't able find anywhere. if any of the user has it please let me know.

aanaa
9th June 2010, 09:32 PM
welcome board Kabilan
Enjoy the hub

bingleguy
4th July 2010, 08:51 PM
நாகாவின்

சொர்ண ரேகை (http://www.techsatish.net/2010/04/tv-serials-index.html)

Due Correction here AANAA ....

Sorna Regai is CJ Baskar's ......

aanaa
21st July 2010, 01:17 AM
சிதம்பர ரகசியம் (http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/index.php/topic/9110-chidambara-rahasiyam-serials-6-to-10-fast-links/)

http://www.freshdl.com/cd/chidambara+ragasiyam+serial+download.html

[html:8354538bfe]<div align="center"><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r1eZOg-Ykec&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r1eZOg-Ykec&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></div>[/html:8354538bfe]

[html:8354538bfe]<div align="center"><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6udl7PxDTM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6udl7PxDTM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></div>[/html:8354538bfe]

[html:8354538bfe]<div align="center"><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5MSXT090iw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5MSXT090iw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></div>[/html:8354538bfe]

நாகாவின் நிழற்படத்திற்காக இவ்விடமும் ஒருமுறை .......

[html:8354538bfe]<div align="center"><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xezCGj_65UE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xezCGj_65UE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></div>[/html:8354538bfe]

bingleguy
24th July 2010, 06:33 AM
Thanks for sharing this aanaa ..... i remember watching the last episode in my mom's birth place - Sithalavai - oru village near Karur ....

infact andha serial ai TV la paakardhukku there were more than 25 ppl ... ennamo cinema theater la ukkandhu paatha feeling :)

clnarain
30th July 2010, 09:20 PM
Hmm. Ini eppo Naaga sir CR/VK mathiri oru intellecualaana product thara poraro!!!

bingleguy
3rd August 2010, 01:49 AM
Hmm. Ini eppo Naaga sir CR/VK mathiri oru intellecualaana product thara poraro!!!

nirayA stock irukku :)

he has a lot of scripts in his mind ... but avar mattum ninaicha podhAdhE :) innum pala pEr ninaikkanum adu uruvAga ....

infact CR was cut short ... his original version had another 7 more episodes which infact would have been much more detailed
..... but he was given only one to wrap up ... that being the reason - he had to clasp those episodes into one

Infact Naga sir's first movie venture was not AV ... it was yet another script that he wanted to adapt as his first movie ... but andha process nadula PS talks vandhudhu ...

PS was a little setback for his drama career.... avar romba nambikkai oda start panninaar ... infact it was pathetic to hear from some ppl that he did not do it well .... i remember hearing from many ppl the plans and preparations he had for PS ... it was amazing ....

clnarain
10th August 2010, 08:49 PM

nirayA stock irukku :)

he has a lot of scripts in his mind ... but avar mattum ninaicha podhAdhE :) innum pala pEr ninaikkanum adu uruvAga ....

infact CR was cut short ... his original version had another 7 more episodes which infact would have been much more detailed
..... but he was given only one to wrap up ... that being the reason - he had to clasp those episodes into one

Infact Naga sir's first movie venture was not AV ... it was yet another script that he wanted to adapt as his first movie ... but andha process nadula PS talks vandhudhu ...

PS was a little setback for his drama career.... avar romba nambikkai oda start panninaar ... infact it was pathetic to hear from some ppl that he did not do it well .... i remember hearing from many ppl the plans and preparations he had for PS ... it was amazing ....

I wish Naga sir gets a good producer soon. I somehow prefer serials from him than films since the excitement of films will be over in just 2.5hrs. I was indeed disappointed when PS project collapsed. There is no one in Chinnathirai who is capable of handling such a masterpiece like PS other than Naga. So even if it materializes sometime in the future I wish it comes only to Naga sir. Other mega serial directors will make such a mess out of PS that you'll eventually lose the respect for the novel as such.

For curious minds Kalki's PS and SS are available as podcasts in www.podbazaar.com. It's a recitation of both the novels in Tamil.

Naga Sir - Seekiram vandhu engal kangalukku ethavathu virunthu kodunga. We can't wait anymore.

rajeshkrv
12th August 2010, 09:38 AM
there are 2 people who took Television to great heights

one KB and the other one is none other than Naaga.

KB handled different kind of human emotions etc
while Naaga handled human emotion, beliefs and what not in a thrilling way.

We used to wait for Marma desam and what a way to take a serial.

3 mani neram padamai solvadhai 30 nimishathil athuvum azhutham thiruthamaaga viru viruppaga sonna vidham arumaiyo arumaiyo

Marmadesam, vidathu karuppu(tops in his serial list), sorna regai, edhuvum nadakkum, chidambara rahasyam

C.T.Rajakantham was a brilliant choice by Naaga sir for Pechi.
bringing her back to screen needs applause and kudos to Naaga Sir.
She was way too good even in her hey days (oru adavadi villi and comediene) and she did a splendid job as Pechi.

See how serials are being made these days .. Crying or Villainous characters etc .. but Naaga had different concept and theme everytime he came to TV and everytime he made the audience spellbound by his work.

Great Director.
Best Wishes for his future projects and wish he gives us serials like Vidathu karuppu etc again

clnarain
28th September 2010, 11:09 AM
Bingleguy - Any updates on Naga's upcoming projects? CR, VK madhiri ethavathu plans irukka?

ajaybaskar
4th December 2010, 12:46 PM
Vidaadhu karuppu

http://www.duckload.com/download/1194403/1.mp4

http://www.duckload.com/download/1210581/2.mp4

http://www.duckload.com/download/1210848/3.flv

http://www.duckload.com/download/1222700/4.flv

http://www.duckload.com/download/1223235/5.flv

http://www.duckload.com/download/1224386/6.flv

bingleguy
29th December 2010, 09:24 PM
Bingleguy - Any updates on Naga's upcoming projects? CR, VK madhiri ethavathu plans irukka?

yes.... actually when i spoke to naga sir - he was mentioning hes working on two projects now .... a silver screen and a small screen ..... rendume naga sir oda genre dhAn nnu ninaikiren .....

koodiya seekiram Da Vinci Code maadiri oru pudhumai pudhir script onnu pottAr nna interesting aa irukkum :)

clnarain
1st November 2011, 02:06 PM
Bingleguy - What happened to Naga? Haven't heard about any of ventures yet. Does he have any plans to do any more serials in the near future? I just can't wait. Getting so impatient waiting for his next venture.

clnarain
6th January 2012, 10:52 AM
Bingleguy - Ennappa aachu namma Naaga saarukku? Does he have any plans at all for a new venture in silver screen or small screen?

Naaga Sir - Innum ethanai Naal engala kaakka vekka poreenga? It's been five years since CR got completed, but we still have not got any masterpiece from you. Pls give us something like CR and VK....

pamrang
12th January 2012, 12:58 AM
Eagerly waiting for more from Naga (at least some news, please.....)

clnarain
4th March 2012, 02:00 PM
Bingleguy - நம்ம நாகா சார் என்ன தான் பண்ணிக்கிட்டுருக்கார்?

நாகா சார் - நீங்களாவது உங்களுடைய அடுத்த ப்ராஜெக்ட் என்னன்னு சொல்லுங்களேன். எங்களால இதுக்கு மேல பொறுமையா இருக்க முடியல.

bingleguy
29th July 2013, 09:16 PM
Currently Naga sir has taken over Creative Head post for pudhiya thalaimurai television :)