PDA

View Full Version : Sillunu Oru Kadhal vs Vetteyadu Villayadu vs Vallavan vs Poi

baba88
4th August 2006, 01:35 PM
Let's check which album is the best in recent times...

A.R.Rahman - Sillunu Oru Kadhal
Harris Jeyaraj - Vetteyadu Villayadu
Yuvan Shankar Raja - Vallavan
Vidyasagar - Poi

Kummi Adi
Munbe Vaa
Maaza Maaza
Machakari
New York
Maaricham
Jillunu Oru Kaadal

Karka Karka
Paartha Mudhal
Manjal Veiyil
Uyirile
Neruppe

Succes of Love
Vallava Ennai
Hooray Hooray
Kadhal Vanthiruchi
Loosu Penne Remix
Ammadi Athadi
Podu Attam
Loosu Penne
Theme Music

Algana Poikale
Enna Tholaithai
Hitler Penne
Inge Inge
Iyakkunare
Kandupidithen
Kannamoochi
Kutti Kutti
La La La

I would say that Munbe Vaa song alone is 10 times better than all these albums together ! 8-) 8-) 8-)

coucou
4th August 2006, 02:37 PM
compared sok with vallavan and VV becouse gajini and pattiyal movies are release whereas sok movie not released yet, in recent SOK is best ALBUM. 8-)

thamizhvaanan
4th August 2006, 06:49 PM
dhayavu senju indha thread'a delete panreengala :banghead: same crap in different flavours :hammer:

Djpak
5th August 2006, 12:18 AM
Arindhum Ariyamalum,7G, Manmadan was better then Pattiyal .
Chandramuki :s Anniyan much better,

muzammil_fr
5th August 2006, 02:49 AM
Ya Baba, plz Change the name of movies, it will better if u put the great MDS whom rouling in tfm now
i means ARR, HJ and YSR
as we make a poll everytime, last time we make Ah AAH, Ghajini, KNM (i think) , so now let's change as SOK, Vallavan, Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu
then surely will be hot

This time we have 3 melody in three albems, let's vote which is best

1. Munbe Vaa ( Surely Rock, no doubt, Fresh tune :) )
2. Vallava (Really nice Melody From YSR)
3. Partha Naal Mudhal ( Not As great Munbe Vaa and Vallava, but it's Good, we heard already like this song in past ( Suttum vizhi Sudere, Thenmerku Paravakatru)

so baba quickly edit ur post :)

MADDY
5th August 2006, 03:17 AM
3. Partha Naal Mudhal ( Not As great Munbe Vaa and Vallava, but it's Good, we heard already like this song in past ( Suttum vizhi Sudere, Thenmerku Paravakatru)

please all guys who think the song "Paartha Mudhal Naal" should be credited then pls credit Bappi Lehari instead of Harris.....if u guys dont understand wat i'm saying then pls listen to "Sochna Kya" in

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/17/s/movie_name.809/

he even lifted the mouth-organ bits.....this is absolute "pichhakarathanam" IMO........also shows the sad state TFM is in now.....

muzammil_fr
5th August 2006, 05:48 PM
yes , it's similair only the staring maddy, other in middle , HJ rip from Thenmerku paravakatru
so Sochna Kya + Thenmerku Paravakatru + Suttum vizhi sudere (Background music) = Partha Naal Mudhal
but nice remix from HJ :p

Djpak
5th August 2006, 06:15 PM
Harris Jayaraj is an' Excellent ripper :clap:
For everytime i his music is better and better (:

rayan36
7th August 2006, 07:01 PM

a ripper thats for sure :wink: his uyirilae enathu uyirilae is like porkalam yengay(THENALI)......i'm not condemnming just it feels like it :wink:

rashid2raj
7th August 2006, 11:02 PM

a ripper thats for sure :wink: his uyirilae enathu uyirilae is like porkalam yengay(THENALI)......i'm not condemnming just it feels like it :wink:

AIYO AIYO.. i just couldn't beleive when i heard "Uyirile enadhu uyirile" from VV ... :frightened: it's just a version number 2 of ARR's Hum hai iss pal yaahan from Kisna.. listen the start.. IT's exactly :exactly: the same.. & the mood of the song.. and the tambourine.. ! It's ridiculos..

And now, if ARR makes Hum hai song in Tamil people would start sayin ARR copied Harris.. :confused2:

rajasaranam
7th August 2006, 11:25 PM
AS a complete album Vallavan TOPS sok, vv and poi. But if asked about individual songs then 'NEWYORK NAGARAM' will top only to be seconded by 'Loosu Penne' :)

MADDY
8th August 2006, 11:04 AM
AS a complete album Vallavan TOPS sok, vv and poi. But if asked about individual songs then 'NEWYORK NAGARAM' will top only to be seconded by 'Loosu Penne' :)

vallavan is a more complete album than SOK?? :D

i thought ARR had used all genres in SOK whereas Vallavan was uni-dimensional......well it's my opinion, lets' see which album is better in terms of reach,sales etc etc...

baba88
8th August 2006, 12:46 PM
Guys please help. How can I change the Poll options ?

Jacky
8th August 2006, 01:18 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/aug/08rahman.htm

Opinions can differ when you are a common listener and dont have a copy/lift looking glass!

coucou
8th August 2006, 01:49 PM
[tscii:699159a821]Rahman reigns again with ‘Jillunnu…’
By MIO Team
Aug 08, 2006, 00:31

Printer friendly page

Chennai - It is after a long gap that a Tamil album by A.R. Rahman has hit the market. And predictably, Rahman fans are going crazy about it even though this new offering may not be his best.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. ‘Jillunnu Oru Kathal’ - Music: A.R. Rahman. Two songs have hit the marquee - ‘New York nagaram’ sung by Rahman himself and ‘Munbe vaa’ by Shreya Ghosal and Naresh Iyer.

2. ‘Vallavan’ - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Raja’s latest album is a huge hit. It might even overtake Rahman’s soon.
3. ‘Vettayadu Vilayadu’ - Music: Harris Jayaraj. Though it is a classy album, the sales may pick up only after the film releases.

4. ‘Imsai Arasan 23rd Pulikesi’ - Music: Sabesh-Murali. The numbers, which remind listeners of the songs of 1950s, are a hit with youngsters.

5. ‘Parijatham’ - Music: Dharan. ‘Unnai kandane’ by Haricharan and Shruthi continues to top all the radio and television channels shows. A hot favourite with youngsters

© Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

[/tscii:699159a821]

coucou
8th August 2006, 02:01 PM

:exactly:
i agree with you, almost all songs are good in vallavan while in SOK two songs but they are mindblowing

Hulkster
8th August 2006, 02:14 PM
The rediff review is abit too harsh..i do know one or two tunes in SOK sound like rahman's old tunes but they have different layers and sound refreshing. Munbe Vaa seems abit too over hyped as rahman has given us better melodies than this...vennilavae vennilavae and pachai niramae will take some beating as both are first class melodies. Jillunu oru kadhal is the best track there with its innovative jazz music :2thumbsup:

vasanth2006
8th August 2006, 04:02 PM

Opinions can differ when you are a common listener and dont have a copy/lift looking glass!

From that article,

"The man who dominates the Tamil music scene is the youngest son of Ilayaraja, Yuvan Shankar Raja. Yuvan churns out albums at regular intervals -- without compromising on quality."

:clap: :bluejump: :redjump:

Jacky
8th August 2006, 04:24 PM
The media is kind to him. Still none of big guys are ready to touch him with even with a stick and I don't think he dominates TFM at the moment. Even Vijay, Vikram, and Ajith have more used VS and a few Telugu music directors over Yuvan.
He is a better choice for small banners with new faces or upcoming heroes like Arya, Bharath, Vishal and others.
Now I dont want to provoke any IR family fans. It's just my opinion.
Back to the topic, if you remove the looking glass, Yes Uyiriley from VV sounds better than Maja Maja.

MADDY
8th August 2006, 06:27 PM
i'm both happy and sad.....

Sad bcos of that review really disecting ARR into pieces......seriously u can hurt many ppl.'s sentiments with media in ur hand and a mentally retarted brain like the reviewer had....she/he had no sense of music, that's for sure.......

Happy bcos of the fact the backlash the review is getting is still more overwhelming........

http://mboard.rediff.com/board/board.php?boardid=movies2006aug08rahman :lol:

ennakum jump panna theiryum...... :D

but one thing's for sure the message is loud and clear for Mr.ARRahman -

GET OUT Yuvannukku cutout, Rahmannukku get out.......ippavavadhu purinjikonga sir....... :cry:

MADDY
8th August 2006, 06:34 PM
The media is kind to him. Still none of big guys are ready to touch him with even with a stick and I don't think he dominates TFM at the moment

obviously they dont have the balls to criticise IR's ........vidunga sir.....idhan oorukke theriyume......TNukke theriyum......

dinesh2002
8th August 2006, 06:49 PM

i think u need a glasses man...check this lines out.... and u were saying its reviewed withouth the glasses of looking for copy/lift??

Munbe vaa, by Shreya Ghosal and Naresh Iyer, is good, but similar to an old Hindi film song that I can't seem to put my finger on. The chorus reminded me of Rahman's Dil Se album.

Machakari by Vasundhara Das and Shankar Mahadevan reminds me of a song in a Kamal Haasan film called Vikram. Those who do not remember the song will enjoy this one.

people r just biased against ARR!!! :roll:

rashid2raj
8th August 2006, 06:55 PM
After Munbe vaa, my personal favourite is the title track Jillendru oru kathal, sung by Tanvil. It is the first rock 'n roll song of the album. One can almost picture Jyothika, the heroine, in black and white with curly short hair and in a frilly frock, rocking to a band. This song is pure nostalgia, and Tanvil's voice has a vintage appeal.

Rock 'n roll aaah ?? no music sense at all.. better :shhh:

dinesh2002
8th August 2006, 06:55 PM
[tscii:78d9cd2e35]Rahman reigns again with ‘Jillunnu…’
By MIO Team

Printer friendly page

Chennai - It is after a long gap that a Tamil album by A.R. Rahman has hit the market. And predictably, Rahman fans are going crazy about it even though this new offering may not be his best.

1. ‘Jillunnu Oru Kathal’ - Music: A.R. Rahman. Two songs have hit the marquee - ‘New York nagaram’ sung by Rahman himself and ‘Munbe vaa’ by Shreya Ghosal and Naresh Iyer.

2. ‘Vallavan’ - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Raja’s latest album is a huge hit. It might even overtake Rahman’s soon.
3. ‘Vettayadu Vilayadu’ - Music: Harris Jayaraj. Though it is a classy album, the sales may pick up only after the film releases.

4. ‘Imsai Arasan 23rd Pulikesi’ - Music: Sabesh-Murali. The numbers, which remind listeners of the songs of 1950s, are a hit with youngsters.

5. ‘Parijatham’ - Music: Dharan. ‘Unnai kandane’ by Haricharan and Shruthi continues to top all the radio and television channels shows. A hot favourite with youngsters

[/tscii:78d9cd2e35]

these people r just unbelieveable no....goodness...they didint do such protest for Godfather....i guess this is the way to know that SOK is indeed a great album.... 8-)

vasanth2006
8th August 2006, 06:56 PM
Maddy,

U wrongly understood my intention. i m not encouraged the critics of SOK album. that album does not deserve these type of reviews. SOK is good album.i also known that. i m not saying anything about ARR.

my intention is clear. in the current scene i thought yuvan is leading. that part of that article reflected my thoughts. so i cut pasted that part only. mind it i can cut paste the entire article. i didnt. i hope u understand my intention. my intention is not to degrade ARR's fame.

rashid2raj
8th August 2006, 07:01 PM

From that article,

"The man who dominates the Tamil music scene is the youngest son of Ilayaraja, Yuvan Shankar Raja. Yuvan churns out albums at regular intervals -- without compromising on quality."

I don't know how much Yuvan is doing his music without compromising in quality.. ??? :confused2: his quality goes IMO from bottom of TFM (Kedi, Thimiru) to the top off tfm (Manmadhan, Vallavan) ...

rashid2raj
8th August 2006, 07:02 PM

From that article,

I don't know how much Yuvan is doing his music without compromising in quality.. ??? :confused2: his quality goes IMO from bottom of TFM (Kedi, Thimiru) to the top off tfm (Manmadhan, Vallavan) ...

Jacky
8th August 2006, 07:15 PM
[tscii:355a611fd3]Dinesh 2002!!
You always seem to miss the main context but is interested in picking up inferences from bits and pieces, just like you point HJ lifted arr's some tune from 1.23 to 1.29 and passing conclusive statements with it.
The point was DUDE, a common listener doesn't have a strong dislike for any MD (not many in tfmpage exist like that incl you and me), he/she is still a listener and can point out traces but that would be from memory and not with any vendetta.
I've read Sukanya verma's review on Boys and it was good but is she writing this review (SOK)with any vested interest I don't know. If she did she deserves the wrath of ARR fans, which she’s getting like Maddy pointed out.
ufffffff....gimme a break.

[/tscii:355a611fd3]

dinesh2002
8th August 2006, 07:29 PM
[tscii:016b4cc612]Dinesh 2002!!
You always seem to miss the main context but is interested in picking up inferences from bits and pieces, just like you point HJ lifted arr's some tune from 1.23 to 1.29 and passing conclusive statements with it.
The point was DUDE, a common listener doesn't have a strong dislike for any MD (not many in tfmpage exist like that incl you and me), he/she is still a listener and can point out traces but that would be from memory and not with any vendetta.
I've read Sukanya verma's review on Boys and it was good but is she writing this review (SOK)with any vested interest I don't know. If she did she deserves the wrath of ARR fans, which she’s getting like Maddy pointed out.
ufffffff....gimme a break.

[/tscii:016b4cc612]

easy brother,lets look into this person who reviewed SOK's VV or Vallavan audio review..... lets see if he/she can write the review without over hyping the songs and giving us the same review with the songs he/she felt that certain song 'could remember him/her of a certain old song and cant seem to figure it out' ..... from there we can see if this person is biased or not....if she/he is reviewing those albums without mentioning those stuffs above,then ill agree he/she is unbiased.... 8-)

guys,can anyone provide me the links of the review of VV & Valavan of the same person that reviewed this SOK... thanks!! :)

rashid2raj
9th August 2006, 12:15 AM
[tscii:d6eb39e01e]Dinesh 2002!!
[/tscii:d6eb39e01e]

Jacky, you are the kind of persons who thinks copying is ok.. !!

rashid2raj
9th August 2006, 12:38 AM
btw. how come, that whenever an ARR album is geared up for release, there will always be preview songs of 1 min. just before the audio release... ex. Godfather, Jillunnu oru kadhal.. why??

rashid2raj
9th August 2006, 12:38 AM
btw. how come, that whenever an ARR album is geared up for release, there will always be preview songs of 1 min. just before the audio release... ex. Godfather, Jillunnu oru kadhal.. why??

rashid2raj
9th August 2006, 12:40 AM

rashid2raj
9th August 2006, 12:41 AM

muzammil_fr
9th August 2006, 02:16 AM
guys,can anyone provide me the links of the review of VV & Valavan of the same person that reviewed this SOK... thanks!!

Wooow Hats of u dinesh, nice question, i am sure that he/she write for review with her/his vaithaeruchal , because Sok become so hot, to make down this albem, but poor of her/him, SOK become so beauty, wooooooooow day by day the songs into my heart very softly :) wooooooooooow , it's seems, SOK is Tamil RDB :)

Ya it's because so much fans for ARR, and lot of expect on his albems, thats why 90% his albems release some days before as Samples preview.

MrJudge
9th August 2006, 09:49 AM

But after releasing the full albums, they bite the dust. why?? hehehe

MADDY
9th August 2006, 10:08 AM
guys,can anyone provide me the links of the review of VV & Valavan of the same person that reviewed this SOK... thanks!! :)

i dont think she/rediff have even bothered to review music of Vallavan......i searched for Vallavan in rediff.com page and it came back saying "did you mean Villain?" :lol:

Dinesh, rediff features articles/interviews/reviews of regional movies which have a national audience........vallavana gummidi poondi thaandi pona yaaru ketka poranga??

MrJudge
9th August 2006, 10:15 AM
After reading mixed responses here and there, I think another thundu is for sure to SOK from ex-and -trying-so-hard-to-return-to-gummidi-poondi-MD. gummidi poondi-la kooda ini kaalam thallurathu kashtam thaan pola :)

MADDY
9th August 2006, 10:24 AM
[tscii:dc69c5a2b1]
Maddy,U wrongly understood my intention.

hey no probs.....i just said "i can jump" to say that ARR fans too have a reason to be happy.......dont think i criticised ur comments here......i'm really frustrated the way album has been smothered by bad reviews and badmouthing......that's y i got tensed....now i'm chilled :D

judge -->

Rahman reigns again with ‘Jillunnu…’
By MIO Team

Printer friendly page

so until Vallavan climbs up above SOK u better :shhh:

[/tscii:dc69c5a2b1]

MADDY
9th August 2006, 10:32 AM
After reading mixed responses here and there, I think another thundu is for sure to SOK from ex-and -trying-so-hard-to-return-to-gummidi-poondi-MD. gummidi poondi-la kooda ini kaalam thallurathu kashtam thaan pola :)

TN is full of people like u......gummidi poondi-la kaalatha thallurathu dhan ARRoda lifela biggest problema irundhurukku............so idhu onnum enga aalukku pudhusu illa........he is better off anywhere but TN... :evil:

MrJudge
9th August 2006, 02:42 PM
TN is full of people like u......gummidi poondi-la kaalatha thallurathu dhan ARRoda lifela biggest problema irundhurukku............so idhu onnum enga aalukku pudhusu illa........he is better off anywhere but TN... :evil:

I can understand your anger very well dude. gummidi poondi-la kaalam nallaa ponathu oru kaalam. aana nilamaye ippo vera.....only now he is having problems in gummidi poondi. Seriously he should retire gracefully and go back to jingles where he can do better even now. :)

dinesh2002
9th August 2006, 04:02 PM
[tscii:779a42e7ff]Rahman once again on the peak

August 9, 2006
After a long gap, Rahman’s album ranks first in the market. Sillunu Oru Kadhal audio has ousted Valavaan, Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu, Imsai Arasan 23aam Pulikesi and Parijatham albums from the first place in the market. The fans of Rahman love the melodies of Sillunu Oru Kadhal.

Galatta.com caters to the music lovers and Rahman fans by providing the tunes of Sillunu Oru Kadhal for download, and online listening in our very special music section.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/5355/news/silllunu.html

Aiyo pathikichu pathikikichu patikichu Mr Judge Vairu..... :rotfl: :poke: :2thumbsup:[/tscii:779a42e7ff]

MADDY
10th August 2006, 09:29 AM
I can understand your anger very well dude. gummidi poondi-la kaalam nallaa ponathu oru kaalam. aana nilamaye ippo vera.....only now he is having problems in gummidi poondi. Seriously he should retire gracefully and go back to jingles where he can do better even now. :)

judge, unga YSR or IR madhiri TN-a vitta vera idameillannu nenacheengala enga aalukku?? he has Bollywood (RDB hit aanadhu theriyumo illayo) , Theatrical ventures, brand ambassador for corporate giants etc etc.......yov, un imaginationakku apparpattavar ARRahman, innum avar pathhi comment panni joker aagadhinga........

dinesh, judge will believe web-links that talk gud abt YSR and bashes ARR and will never believe any web-link that supports ARR....so he will outrightly reject ur piece of info.... :lol:

ALWAR_AJITH
10th August 2006, 11:29 AM
hi all rahman fans...i am new to this page...godfather and silunu oru kathal blockbuster of d year

selvakumar
10th August 2006, 01:07 PM
hi all rahman fans...i am new to this page...godfather and silunu oru kathal blockbuster of d year

Hi Alwar_Ajith,
Welcome to the hub ! Have fun !
do visit the TAMIL FILMS SECTION ! where you can feel Thalaism ! :thumbsup:

MrJudge
10th August 2006, 02:14 PM
judge, unga YSR or IR madhiri TN-a vitta vera idameillannu nenacheengala enga aalukku?? he has Bollywood (RDB hit aanadhu theriyumo illayo) , Theatrical ventures, brand ambassador for corporate giants etc etc.......

ippadi film katti kattiye kadaisila gummidi poondi-la summa ukkara vachchaachu. poi ethavathu cassette release function iruntha sollunga vanthu attend pannittu povar :lol:

MADDY
10th August 2006, 05:57 PM

thanks for that jillunu oru review..... :D

welcome to the hub.... :D

coucou
12th August 2006, 03:11 PM

judge, unga YSR or IR madhiri TN-a vitta vera idameillannu nenacheengala enga aalukku?? he has Bollywood (RDB hit aanadhu theriyumo illayo) , Theatrical ventures, brand ambassador for corporate giants etc etc.......yov,un imaginationakku apparpattavar ARRahman, innum avar pathhi comment panni joker aagadhinga........

dinesh, judge will believe web-links that talk gud abt YSR and bashes ARR and will never believe any web-link that supports ARR....so he will outrightly reject ur piece of info.... :lol:

he has now hollywood too.
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/08/12/stories/2006081201990100.htm

irir123
31st August 2006, 05:38 PM
The Movie Vettayadu Vilayadu has collected CRORES already and the movie is going to be the Record breaker of all previous collection Records.

According to the Manager of Seventh Channel it will break the record of ChandraMukhi in Chennai itself. More than 10 theatres in Chennai is showing this movie in full packed houses. The First weeks tickets sold out in advance....!!!

Now DCP Raghavan is the talk of the town. Kamal's classic performance give a new look for the Police Officer's role. Definitely, not only the TN Police, the Indian Police force will admire him for giving such a powerful prresentation of a police character.

Dragun
1st September 2006, 02:11 PM
The Movie Vettayadu Vilayadu has collected CRORES already and the movie is going to be the Record breaker of all previous collection Records.

According to the Manager of Seventh Channel it will break the record of ChandraMukhi in Chennai itself. More than 10 theatres in Chennai is showing this movie in full packed houses. The First weeks tickets sold out in advance....!!!.

Isn't that mostly in A centers?

Renault
2nd September 2006, 02:48 PM
Now people should certainly understand who the king of opening is.

btw, what is Poi doing in this thread.. is it some kind of pick the odd-man out competition going on in this thread?

MrJudge
23rd September 2006, 09:07 PM
Vetaiyaadu velaiyaadu is topping the charts now and the film doing good business at the BO. But SOK is going nowhere and getting another thundu in TN. So VV is the clear winner :)

selvakumar
24th September 2006, 11:51 AM
If this is based on *music* alone, then I would rate the two songs in SOK "NewYork Nagaram" and "Munbae va" better than the best in every other album.
VV is a complete album thought many of our friends have mentioned that it is a copy . O.k it is not a big deal for me either.
Problem with SOK is the team:

"A master like ARR should be very careful with his team selection. Otherwise, a class song like NewYork Nagarm will be wasted in the hands of the new director. It is like sachin scoring and the entire team failing. ARR had done his job pretty well. Even in Ghajini, only two songs stood out and the movies was a superhit. In that case, we cannot blame ARR. We should blame our directors for wasting the potential of this master"

VV had a great team and somehow HJ too got into that with his friend Goutham. It all depends !

Renault
24th September 2006, 12:41 PM
HJ may be a man of limited talent.. and is certainly not in the Raja-Rahman league. but his end output is pretty impressive. If he can reduce his repeated tunes usage.. he has a long innings here.

dinesh2002
24th September 2006, 01:57 PM
Vetaiyaadu velaiyaadu is topping the charts now and the film doing good business at the BO. But SOK is going nowhere and getting another thundu in TN. So VV is the clear winner :)

audio wise its SOK in no 1 position, movie wise,its VV...thats the fact...

Dragun
25th September 2006, 07:40 AM
HJ may be a man of limited talent.. and is certainly not in the Raja-Rahman league. but his end output is pretty impressive. If he can reduce his repeated tunes usage.. he has a long innings here.

HJ has potential, but I don't know what happened. Minnale was a fantastic debut. Interesting melodies and orchestrations. That was probably the first truly hip and fresh TFM album post-ARR. Some of his other earlier albums like 12B were also good. But after that his songs mostly sound like he's just assembling loops with a little original orchestration thrown in after the fact. Kaaka Kaaka is an exception. Even Anniyan, with Shankar's inspiration behind it, is not as good as Minnale IMO.

imsai
25th September 2006, 08:08 AM
It's Vallavan :D

MADDY
25th September 2006, 10:44 AM
VV is a complete album thought many of our friends have mentioned that it is a copy . O.k it is not a big deal for me either.

oh great :D , then how can u term it as a complete album if it is copied???? tell me, wat is the difference u find between sikki mukki neruppae song and Rahatulla in Ghajini.......

ppl. nowadays dont mind remixed/copied songs as long as they get good songs.........thats the trend i guess......but anyways i'm happy that ARR is losing out heavily in such a race........ :D

HJ has taken TFM to a new low by copying Bappi Lehari......theres no doubt abt that......ppl. want/dont want to acknowledge is totally a different thing.....

ansa400
25th September 2006, 12:30 PM

Wonder if he can deliver hits if he reduces his repeated tunes usage :roll: that's his strength I guess :wink:

imsai
26th September 2006, 10:16 PM

oh great :D , then how can u term it as a complete album if it is copied???? tell me, wat is the difference u find between sikki mukki neruppae song and Rahatulla in Ghajini.......

ppl. nowadays dont mind remixed/copied songs as long as they get good songs.........thats the trend i guess......but anyways i'm happy that ARR is losing out heavily in such a race........ :D

enna periya thappu athu? yaaro copy adichathai thaanE HJ copy adikiraaru :wink:

sloshed
27th September 2006, 01:10 AM
"but anyways i'm happy that ARR is losing out heavily in such a race........"

Wait oh Wait.....

Please dont give ARR too much credit for this.....or are we seeing a case of sour grapes now??

What ARR is loosing out heavily is the fact that he cant give catchy numbers at regularity. Face it Maddy , there is not a single number ARR given in tha last few years in Tamil would touch the popularity of ..(forget "Suttum Vizhi.. thats too much to ask) ...say "Oru Maalai" ... I remember when the song came out .. you cried hoax saying .. "Dont u think the song sounds the same??" blah blah blah... but i am sorry rest of TN refused to think on your lines...."Oru Maalai" was a thumping success....(Guess Karthick even got a filmfare for it) HJ's movies doing well (and apparenyly ARR's not) shouldnt discredit HJ's part...ARR enjoyed the success trend when he broke into the scene... what I am actually seeing is the sour grapes story IR fan's accused when ARR was finding more success than Him.... ARR is sure genius...but that doesnt have to be accompanied by discrediting HJ.... ah wait you pointed something from Bappi Lahiri...and actually I am glad that you have my answer ready ....
"ppl. want/dont want to acknowledge is totally a different thing....."
Unfortunately this time again... i refuse to acknowledge that as copy/to new low level/attrocius ..... as i would to case of slight resemblemence .....
HJ is continuing to choose good movies....turn out catchy numbers .... and He is defintely here to stay ....

Personally I am not impressed by VV.. and not with SOK either.. barring 'New york'.... Vallan deserves trash can .. Havent heard Poi at regularity...
But to choose among the four.. I would side with SOK not not with general shitting about HJ

MADDY
27th September 2006, 01:27 AM
"but anyways i'm happy that ARR is losing out heavily in such a race........"

Wait oh Wait.....

Please dont give ARR too much credit for this.....or are we seeing a case of sour grapes now??

What ARR is loosing out heavily is the fact that he cant give catchy numbers at regularity. Face it Maddy , there is not a single number ARR given in tha last few years in Tamil would touch the popularity of ..(forget "Suttum Vizhi.. thats too much to ask) ...say "Oru Maalai" ... I remember when the song came out .. you cried hoax saying .. "Dont u think the song sounds the same??" blah blah blah... but i am sorry rest of TN refused to think on your lines...."Oru Maalai" was a thumping success....(Guess Karthick even got a filmfare for it) HJ's movies doing well (and apparenyly ARR's not) shouldnt discredit HJ's part...ARR enjoyed the success trend when he broke into the scene... what I am actually seeing is the sour grapes story IR fan's accused when ARR was finding more success than Him.... ARR is sure genius...but that doesnt have to be accompanied by discrediting HJ.... ah wait you pointed something from Bappi Lahiri...and actually I am glad that you have my answer ready ....
"ppl. want/dont want to acknowledge is totally a different thing....."
Unfortunately this time again... i refuse to acknowledge that as copy/to new low level/attrocius ..... as i would to case of slight resemblemence .....
HJ is continuing to choose good movies....turn out catchy numbers .... and He is defintely here to stay ....

Personally I am not impressed by VV.. and not with SOK either.. barring 'New york'.... Vallan deserves trash can .. Havent heard Poi at regularity...
But to choose among the four.. I would side with SOK not not with general shitting about HJ

good that we have a HJ sympathiser too here.... :thumbsup:

sloshed, again lemme remind u the fight between IR and ARR was a different one and the one between ARR and HJ is totally different........IR and ARR fans were just not fighting for popularity scale but also on richness, uniqueness, variety ( does HJ know that there is a word called variety in English? :lol: ).......but in case of HJ vs ARR its just abt popularity........HJ is more popular than ARR in TN, so what ARR still sells the reqd nos with this low popularity purely bcos of his humungous fans base......

Ramakrishna
27th September 2006, 02:08 AM
HJ is more popular than ARR in TN

:shock: Pure karpanai. :notthatway:

sloshed
27th September 2006, 02:30 AM
Maddy ... I certainly didnt find the point in your message... but anyway.. lets assume u did have one...

"HJ is more popular than ARR in TN, so what ARR still sells the reqd nos with this low popularity purely bcos of his humungous fans base......"
I dont think I would agree to this as well.. ARR is still the numero UNO in terms of popularity and fan base (IR is a different issue.. I dont think anyone in the past/present/future will match his fan base)
....its just that HJ is able to appeal to more and more people in the recent years... esp the type of movies he scores...and that brings to the word of the day "Variety".

dude ,I dont know who invented this term variety in movies...this "variety" can only depend on what the movie/director wants .... given a movie like say VV ... and the situations it has...what kind of variety do u expect.. carntic/folks/kuthu???? .....
and ah yes....when the director insists or creatively thinks of situations where you could use "variety" ....HJ did actually find the 'meaning' to come up with some numbers confining to the meaning of variety...lets say Anniyan....
carnatic --- checked
Folk ---- checked
Techno --- checked
and if the same director insists that if the movie is gonna be about "Boyz"...The MD cant do much other than giving ...
the same youthful sound....

oh god... so much for the variety...

MADDY
27th September 2006, 02:53 AM
sloshed, HJ has copied bappi lehari's tune which is for me very shameful......this is IMO ........u cant pass it off as resemblence.......even the mouth organ bits of sochna kya tha song has been lifted....poor...

my previous post was reply to ur "sour grapes" theory......

i know ARR is great bcos of his skills and we should not criticise HJ to upgrade ARR ........but criticising HJ is not necessarily as a ARR fan but as a TFM fan.......

sloshed, infact i love changes, that's y i latched onto ARR big time......if someone can turn TFM around 360 degrees like ARR in 92 did and IR in 76' did, then i'll become his fan too......sorry boss, HJ is not there and YSR is also not there.....and dont expect good words from me for guys who are repetitive and who are doing remixes......sorry, again this is not as a ARR fan but as a TFM fan....

MADDY
27th September 2006, 02:54 AM
HJ is more popular than ARR in TN

:shock: Pure karpanai. :notthatway:

i meant the songs actually.... :D

sloshed
27th September 2006, 03:56 AM
"but criticising HJ is not necessarily as a ARR fan but as a TFM fan....... "

you kiddin me now ?!! ... when someone cant appreciate the efforts when a good job is done ..but hell bent on rippin apart when one 'feels' that its a bad job.. cant be a TFM fan...
Everybody loves changes.. thats universal..
You and me .. in fact everyone knows.. its going to be close to impossible if anyone would ever come to 'flip' the tfm scene... as IR or ARR did.

what u see now is actually expected.... put the genius of ARR aside and think why ARR was able to flip the scene....
it had nuthing to do with people getting tired of IR...

In the early ninties..MTV stepped into india...and captured the imagination of youths...and the same youths which make up a huge % of movie going audience.. wanted that on screen/ears/radio... nobody in India was able to give it to them .. ARR did that..and how ... with style and sofistication....brought a huge turnaround as far as sounds are concerned...the youths (esp in cities and towns) lapped it up with glee...leaving others behind...
the youths who havent been exposed or get fascinated by MTV culture (esp in villages) formed the groups which is now referred by as the B n C centres..... The folks cant sit thru a movie without gana songs or kuthu numbers....
(There was A,B,C centers prior to MTV as well... but the difference isnt that much compared to what it is today)
(Everybody in TN is a C in core :-) )

Now every Tom Dick and Harry (HJ,YSR included ) .. provides the same sound...and now it s a question of who delivers best..... ARR is the pioneer...and he will always be remembered as the pioneer/legend....Unfortunately ARR is in the same battle field to fight it out... and so far...atleast in Tamil... he hasnt been able to lord over the rest....
The field is level... and there is no 'sour grapes" excuse... I dont expect you to give good words... I just need you to acknowledge that HJ is one of the best we have... atleast as a TFM fan....

MADDY
27th September 2006, 04:29 AM
Unfortunately ARR is in the same battle field to fight it out... and so far...atleast in Tamil... he hasnt been able to lord over the rest....
The field is level... and there is no 'sour grapes" excuse... I dont expect you to give good words... I just need you to acknowledge that HJ is one of the best we have... atleast as a TFM fan....

reg MTV as a reason for ARR's success , y do u think only ARRahman in 1 billion population of India cud do that.....anyone with a synth and a keyboard shuld have capitalised on the MTV wave.......

yes, field is level now and ARR is losing to HJ and YSR, in terms of movie becoming hit.......sloshed, if SOK had become a hit then Newyork nagaram song wud have beaten suttum vizhi in terms of popularity........also, ARR is more experimentative nowadays than being populist.......that;s ARR's fault but he/his fans are pretty happy with the output.......actually we,ARR fans dont want him to be in this rat race only.....he has been a pop MD(he used to experiment then also), now we want more of experimentation from him........he need not care/worry abt his market.....

Dragun
27th September 2006, 12:18 PM
There is nothing MTV-ish about Roja. I think Roja was a hit because it had different kind of orchestrations from the norm as well as catchy tunes. But ARR did soon introduce hipness into TFM (and HFM) that was missing before that, with songs such as Chiku Buku Raile and Chandralekha. His brand of contemporariness certainly outlasts the f-ing terrible disco music from HFM in the 80s!

ARR seems to be more in the vein of someone like Peter Gabriel, with his sonic and musical experimentations than an Indian music director. While this methodical kind of composing won't yield an album every couple of months, it leads to a richer and more interesting sound than HJ or YSR can produce. Most of HJ and YSR's songs are catchy for a while then quickly forgotten, like so much candyfloss, but I can still listen to New York Nagaram and even Machakaari.

sentsbu1
27th September 2006, 04:04 PM
But this is the same thing they keep repeating for every music directors...

in the beginnning when Arr was dominating they commented "ARR music are good to listen only for the time, but they dont last long compared to music of Ilaiaraja's music...

People just dont want to accept music directors good work...please appreciate...

Kanna
27th September 2006, 04:40 PM
Most of HJ and YSR's songs are catchy for a while then quickly forgotten, like so much candyfloss, but I can still listen to New York Nagaram and even Machakaari.

May be in your opinion. I can show you many HJ/YSR songs that many still hum. ARR is now like how IR was during 92. IR continued in his own style, movies didn't become hit and eventually toppled by ARR. Now the same happens to ARR. The defeaters now are HJ/YSR/VS...

dinesh2002
27th September 2006, 04:42 PM
But this is the same thing they keep repeating for every music directors...

in the beginnning when Arr was dominating they commented "ARR music are good to listen only for the time, but they dont last long compared to music of Ilaiaraja's music...
People just dont want to accept music directors good work...please appreciate...

haha...so true...i wonder y do they use that term for new mds... but yea...not every songs of HJ or YSR will last as long as ARR's or IR's.... but telling ALL HJ & YSR songs wont last is def absurd...i do like Hj's Ennai Panthada & Rehna Rehna Mer Dil hai Rehna and Ysr's Povellam Kettupar songs even untill now....

MADDY
27th September 2006, 05:20 PM
May be in your opinion. I can show you many HJ/YSR songs that many still hum. ARR is now like how IR was during 92. IR continued in his own style, movies didn't become hit and eventually toppled by ARR. Now the same happens to ARR. The defeaters now are HJ/YSR/VS...

y 3? y there is no clear winner??? that itself shows that they are bits and pieces and not champs.......dont give me crap abt globalisation,liberalisation, technological improvements, interenet as reason for not getting a clear winner......then how do u xplain Roger Federer, Alonso, Himesh???these guys are clearly dominating even in this gen where everyone knows everything.....kanna, TFM has just got Dhonis to replace Sachin and Bradman......if its enuf, then i :shhh: ...

Kanna
27th September 2006, 05:26 PM
y 3? y there is no clear winner???

Then I would say, IR was defeated by ARR and co. The co. here refers to Deva, S A Rajkumar and the likes. Please remember that ARR changed the trend, but he didn't sign some 20/30 movies in a year. He was hardly doing one or two. So, the arrival of ARR broke the monopoly of IR with able support from Deva, SAR, etc. It was a team effort with ARR showing and leading the way.

Now there's no clear leader, but the winners are HJ, YSR, VS in equal propositions - meaning - their success rate is more than 90% - That's the difference.

MADDY
27th September 2006, 05:49 PM
Then I would say, IR was defeated by ARR and co. The co. here refers to Deva, S A Rajkumar and the likes. Please remember that ARR changed the trend, but he didn't sign some 20/30 movies in a year. He was hardly doing one or two. So, the arrival of ARR broke the monopoly of IR with able support from Deva, SAR, etc. It was a team effort with ARR showing and leading the way.

so y there is no clear leader who is showing way to others??? y there is no one who has changed the trend......

kanna, u cant compare ARR with these guys.....its simple......ARR's entry in 1992 was earth shattering......

MADDY
27th September 2006, 05:51 PM
meaning - their success rate is more than 90% - That's the difference.

90% success rate - is it songs/album/movie at BO??? or u r talking abt sales.....boss, in sales still ARR sells more than these guys.....

Kanna
27th September 2006, 06:04 PM
By success rate, my stress is obviously more on album becoming hit commercially. That their movies becoming hit adds upto the album sales. I agree ARR still sells more, but his movies come only once in a while.

If you take HR/YSR/VS..they share some 12-15 movies in a year, and their hit rate is more than 90% compared to ARR's one or two films that make more than 90%

sentsbu1
27th September 2006, 07:00 PM
With regard to sales, I would only go for Yuvan...

looking at the number of movies he commits and the release's in a year, even the audio market industry will prefer Yuvan, coz they want the sales for their albums...

Thought there will be high amoount of sale for ARR songs which gets release 1 or 2 a year, it will still be less for the total of sales that can be with total of 10 or more Yuvan's album released in a year...

Simple concept for Producers for the movie, they dont want to lose their money they invest...Yuvan is the right option they would go for as he is giving continous hits...

MADDY
27th September 2006, 07:40 PM

Thought there will be high amoount of sale for ARR songs which gets release 1 or 2 a year, it will still be less for the total of sales that can be with total of 10 or more Yuvan's album released in a year...

Simple concept for Producers for the movie, they dont want to lose their money they invest...

sentsbu1, wat do each of producer get for u1 and ARR??? they invest 60 lac for YSR (that's his salary i believe) and how much does he sell??? ARR is not as costly as ppl. might think.....he demands just 90 lacs.......so, a producer has to spent 30 lacs more to get a ARR hit......now how much a ARR hit means and how much a YSR hit means is something we have to look into......so any producer wud go for ARR bcos they know that investing 30 lacs more wud fetch them the extra bucks....

btw, i dunno how much kedi,AIBI,thimuru sold.......

Ramakrishna
27th September 2006, 08:02 PM

Simple concept for Producers for the movie, they dont want to lose their money they invest...

sentsbu1, wat do each of producer get for u1 and ARR??? they invest 60 lac for YSR (that's his salary i believe) and how much does he sell??? ARR is not as costly as ppl. might think.....he demands just 90 lacs.......so, a producer has to spent 30 lacs more to get a ARR hit......now how much a ARR hit means and how much a YSR hit means is something we have to look into......so any producer wud go for ARR bcos they know that investing 30 lacs more wud fetch them the extra bucks....

btw, i dunno how much kedi,AIBI,thimuru sold.......

Exactly. ARR can be another hero for a film.

sentsbu1
27th September 2006, 08:20 PM
Maddy I dont think ARR gets only 90 lakhs... I certainly feel he does get more than 1 crore or something...

But we all know the time ARR can take to give a music for a movie is long coz of his tight schedule and other committments...

As Yuvan can give music as per the producer and directors request, they wud prefer him much...He also gives music as per the script requires it...

i dont think KEDI and Thimiru need to be a song oriented movies as the script does not require that...Even Sandaikozhi did not have the best of Yuvan, but the movie became a super it and good hits of the songs and excellent BGM...

Producers and directors prefer Yuvan for his excellence in BGM...I think Thimiru is mainly for Yuvan's BGM or for Vishal's request for Yuvan...

AIBI songs had a very good start...as the movie did not do well, the sales obviously would have gone down...

Dragun
28th September 2006, 12:33 AM
Most of HJ and YSR's songs are catchy for a while then quickly forgotten, like so much candyfloss, but I can still listen to New York Nagaram and even Machakaari.

But HJ has been around for what, 5-6 years? By the time ARR was in the industry 6 years he had produced good to great albums like Dil Se, Thiruda Thiruda, Gentleman, May Madham, Bombay, and Duet. I'm not saying that I totally dislike HJ or YSR. I still listen to Minnale and 7G Rainbow Colony, and they have good individual songs here and there. We can't compare HJ/YSR to ARR because they did not radically change the sound of TFM like ARR did. They are merely solid (not great) composers with occasional flashes of brilliance IMO.

MADDY
28th September 2006, 01:36 AM
But HJ has been around for what, 5-6 years? By the time ARR was in the industry 6 years he had produced good to great albums like Dil Se, Thiruda Thiruda, Gentleman, May Madham, Bombay, and Duet. I'm not saying that I totally dislike HJ or YSR. I still listen to Minnale and 7G Rainbow Colony, and they have good individual songs here and there. We can't compare HJ/YSR to ARR because they did not radically change the sound of TFM like ARR did. They are merely solid (not great) composers with occasional flashes of brilliance IMO.

dragun, i'm becoming a fan of ur posts...... :thumbsup: :clap:

thumburu
28th September 2006, 06:46 PM
VV among the three clearly seems to be the money spinner movie and music wise . Though VV songs border on mediocrity, they seem to hog all the channel slots while I dont hear much of SOK.
HJ has given catchy tunes for the titile song "karka karka" and the newyork song "veNNilavae ". Thamarai should be heavily credited for the success of VV songs.
HJ's favourite Anandhabhairavi scale is used again in the inspired song "paartha mudhal naaLe"

Kanna
28th September 2006, 07:08 PM
We can't compare HJ/YSR to ARR because they did not radically change the sound of TFM like ARR did. They are merely solid (not great) composers with occasional flashes of brilliance IMO

This is a valid point. I agree 100%
But, both IR and ARR did it in the first or first few films of their entry. HJ and YSR haven't done that so far. What IR and ARR did initially, let me hope sincerely that atleast, YSR will do it somewhere in the middle. Currently I see YSR as a commercial MD. But when given a chance, I'm sure, he'll come with something great.

selvakumar
28th September 2006, 07:43 PM

dragun, i'm becoming a fan of ur posts...... :thumbsup: :clap:

I also agree with every point of Dragun. There was a time ARR was completely dominating TFM with his masterpieces. The albums mentioned in Dragun's list are clear proof for this. Also, he was far more consistent and was successful all the time during this period. You may call this as a new dimention in TFM, IMO. I am not seeing anyone in the present generation creating that impact. I do like YSR and HJ. But I don't feel what I got during that time ! I am not a fan of ARR. No wonder HJ or YSR is unable to cope up with that. YSR is doing exceptionally well among the present generation MDs (IMO). What these guys have forgotten is :- A unique blend of music only will be able to make the listeners go for it ! They provide extremely good songs here and there but not in the way how ARR was providing !

Dil se :notworthy:
"Indha kaathaLil MaRaNam thaaN aezhu NiLai
athu iLLai endRaaL adhu theiveega kaathaL iLLai"

Lot more songs !

vasanth2006
28th September 2006, 08:43 PM
Kanna wrote:

y 3? y there is no clear winner??? that itself shows that they are bits and pieces and not champs.......

I am seeing this in the positive mode. really tough competition between yuvan and HJ now. VS is fading away in recent times.

even though HJ got very less talent then yuvan (IMHO), his films are mega hit (obiviously his songs also). HJ is the luckiest fellow. whatever films he is composing, that are mega hits. HJ is riding on the successful movies/directors only. OTOH, yuvan joins hands with both successful directors/combinations and the small budget movies/new directors also. Yuvan is standing on his own.

talent wise, definitely yuvan is ahead of HJ. yuvan has varity of music. u1 can do carnatic or western or folk music. any music for that matter. then BGM area, HJ is nowhere near yuvan. HJ can attend the BGM class from u1.

HJye sollittar Yuvan binnukirarnnu. namakkuthan (fans) puriyalaiyo? :roll:

anyway after 1 or 2 years, definitely any one of them will be the clear winner.

vasanth2006
28th September 2006, 08:51 PM
sentsbu1, wat do each of producer get for u1 and ARR??? they invest 60 lac for YSR (that's his salary i believe)

yuvan is getting more than 75 lacs. i read it in one of the dailies.
they also said like now the small budget movies can not book u1.

vasanth2006
28th September 2006, 08:54 PM
We can't compare HJ/YSR to ARR because they did not radically change the sound of TFM like ARR did. They are merely solid (not great) composers with occasional flashes of brilliance IMO

This is a valid point. I agree 100%
But, both IR and ARR did it in the first or first few films of their entry. HJ and YSR haven't done that so far. What IR and ARR did initially, let me hope sincerely that atleast, YSR will do it somewhere in the middle. Currently I see YSR as a commercial MD. But when given a chance, I'm sure, he'll come with something great.

:exactly:

MADDY
29th September 2006, 12:30 AM
sentsbu1, wat do each of producer get for u1 and ARR??? they invest 60 lac for YSR (that's his salary i believe)

yuvan is getting more than 75 lacs. i read it in one of the dailies.
they also said like now the small budget movies can not book u1.

then the difference betn him and ARR is not even 15 lacs.... :D ......(i'm sure abt ARR's salary bcos he said in one of the interviews that he does not demand a lot bcos of piracy nowadays)......how much does a hit u1 album sell??? i'm really curious to know as to y he gets a salary equal to ARR.....

m_23_bayarea
29th September 2006, 12:44 AM
then the difference betn him and ARR is not even 15 lacs.... :D ......(i'm sure abt ARR's salary bcos he said in one of the interviews that he does not demand a lot bcos of piracy nowadays)......how much does a hit u1 album sell??? i'm really curious to know as to y he gets a salary equal to ARR.....

As far as I know, ARR gets a crore rupees for a movie, and HJ abt 90 laks ... Have no idea abt how much YSR gets ... But 75 sounds fair !!! Technically, ARR should be getting abt 2 crores, but the Tamil movie market is SMALL, so it's acceptable !! I'm sure he makes a lot more in Hindi !!! :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
30th September 2006, 08:13 PM
the latest update is :

1.ARR - 90 lakhs
2.Hj - 80 lakhs
3.YSR - 65 lakhs
4.VS - 40 lakhs
5.IR - 15 lakhs

if im not mistaken it was given by some reliable source.....

Ramakrishna
30th September 2006, 08:49 PM
the latest update is :

1.ARR - 90 lakhs

Is this only for tamil?

dinesh2002
1st October 2006, 08:27 AM
the latest update is :

1.ARR - 90 lakhs

Is this only for tamil?

i belive too...its imp if ARR charges this amount from hindi & international.... enna aagum! :twisted: :wink:

dinesh2002
6th October 2006, 12:43 PM
[tscii]Harris is the king!

By Moviebuzz | Friday, 06 October , 2006, 10:39

Last week there was an informal get-together of Tamil music company bosses. They had met to discuss about the alarming drop in the sales of audio cassettes due to rampant piracy and downloading of music.
At the meeting, A.R.Rahman came in for sharp criticism as they felt that he has lost his magic touch as far as Tamil film music goes. The sales of his audios, notably new titles like Godfather and Sillunu Oru Kadhal has been lukewarm. :?
Yuvan Shankar Raja too came in for criticism for doing too many remixes of his dad’s tunes and being repetitive. This year none of his albums except for Vallavan is selling!

At the same time, they were praising Harris Jayaraj for the music of Vetayadu Vilayadu and its audio sales. This audio has broken the record created last year’s Ghajini and Anniyan both from Harris.

So far Vetayadu Vilayadu has sold 85,000 audio cassettes and 60,000 CD’s across India. It is phenomenal achievement as the audio industry is in the dumps. In fact, the music industry feels that Vetayadu Vilayadu is such a huge hit only due to Harris’ music.

All the audio companies were unanimous that Harris Jayaraj is the King of Tamil cinema music. His plus points are that he does not take too many assignments and there is something new in each album. :wink:

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14305407

Hulkster
6th October 2006, 12:56 PM
Dinesh naanum neengalum sify ozhichi katta oru campaign arambippoma? Thimiru,SOK have been having great collections and so is the SSUE soundtrack. Maybe Harris is having better sales but king of tamil cinema music? IR paarthaar naa BP yera poguthu. :lol2:

dinesh2002
6th October 2006, 01:39 PM
Dinesh naanum neengalum sify ozhichi katta oru campaign arambippoma? Thimiru,SOK have been having great collections and so is the SSUE soundtrack. Maybe Harris is having better sales but king of tamil cinema music? IR paarthaar naa BP yera poguthu. :lol2:

hahahha..yea...im shocked to see this news??? poi sollerethekke alaveilllaiya?? esp itseems they had INFORMAL meeting....what cr*p!! so the news is also INFORMAL...anyone can come up with that, and how come they never provide SOK & Vallavan's audio sale figure....??? all matches up giving 1 answer = sourceless & unreliable news!!!

umaramesh
6th October 2006, 03:37 PM
[tscii:957b9814a5]At the same time, they were praising Harris Jayaraj for the music of Vetayadu Vilayadu and its audio sales. This audio has broken the record created last year’s Ghajini and Anniyan both from Harris

I think HJ selection of director/movie made him more successful than Yuvan. If you want to stay for a longer time with limited talent you shuld work with good directors or good projects.
I think HJ succeded in this aspect. matter of fact ANNIYAN&GAJINI was popular and now VV is super hit.

Yuvan should accept lesser number of movies .Otherwise down the line he will become like shankar-ganesh/deva kind of stuff.

regards
ramesh[/tscii:957b9814a5]

Sanjeevi
6th October 2006, 03:43 PM
I think Harris Jeyaraj is a paid member in sify.com :lol:

nilavupriyan
6th October 2006, 04:44 PM
[tscii:db3d41e662]At the same time, they were praising Harris Jayaraj for the music of Vetayadu Vilayadu and its audio sales. This audio has broken the record created last year’s Ghajini and Anniyan both from Harris

Yuvan should accept lesser number of movies .Otherwise down the line he will become like shankar-ganesh/deva kind of stuff.

regards
ramesh[/tscii:db3d41e662]

all are not ilayaraja to provide both quality and quantity ...both in great extent! :D

MADDY
6th October 2006, 08:54 PM

Last week there was an informal get-together of Tamil music company bosses. They had met to discuss about the alarming drop in the sales of audio cassettes due to rampant piracy and downloading of music.

innumada oor ivangala nambaranga??? :lol:

informal discussiona??? between whom???? i dunno how they can come up with such crap without fearing backlash......

villan007
6th October 2006, 10:58 PM
I think Harris Jeyaraj is a paid member in sify.com :lol:

:rotfl:

rsubras
6th October 2006, 11:38 PM
sify has been so aggressively promoting Harris jeyaraj... Remember that even before Anniyan audio release there was an article on the review raving about the music. Then when the audio was not selling as much as it should have (bfore the film release) it was carrying an article titled "Who said Anniyan audio is not a hit" or something like that.... irukkalam some feelers of Harris would have been in an important position in Sify

neway Harris might be leading the race in audio sales currently in T.N, but athukaga Yuvan, ARR ivangala mattam thatturathu toooooooooo much

athellam irukattum.....konja naalaikku munadi NDTV la kooda Harris is the next A.R.Rahman of South India nu etho oru news report kamichangalae..anyone saw that?

MADDY
7th October 2006, 01:00 PM
neway Harris might be leading the race in audio sales currently in T.N, but athukaga Yuvan, ARR ivangala mattam thatturathu toooooooooo much

i dont think HJ sells more than ARR.....can someone like njv can tell us which sold more - V V or sok.......with my sources it is SOK all the way.....

selvakumar
7th October 2006, 01:04 PM
athellam irukattum.....konja naalaikku munadi NDTV la kooda Harris is the next A.R.Rahman of South India nu etho oru news report kamichangalae..anyone saw that?

Is that ? :shock: :lol: I think NDTV is becoming something similar to Pogo, CN etc

nilavupriyan
7th October 2006, 02:30 PM

innumada oor ivangala nambaranga??? :lol:

informal discussiona??? between whom???? i dunno how they can come up with such crap without fearing backlash......

this is like reading in varamalar a cover story abt queen elizabeth...
they had written "prince charless is gonna take the throne...etc etc.......these are all kept secret by the palace officals"..adhavadhu...palace officials secret-a vechurukura vishayam ..varamalar kadaisi pakkamla vandhadhu epdi??? :rotfl:

edhavadhu sollanumna udane indha informal worda use panni mudichidranuga