PDA

View Full Version : Marriage.....

Surya
6th August 2006, 12:52 AM
Marriage, something that has existed in every culture around the globe...I guess it was essential back then. What's the point now? :confused2: Is it still needed, essential or is it just one of those things that people still follow even though it doesn't make sense anymore? :)

Somehow Society (indian espicially) has made it so that Mariage is inevitable in a person's life. It's one of those things that a man and a woman must accomplish in their lifetime, like graduating High School and College or something.

I am not a bliever in Marriage. I don't see the point. Sure, if 2 people want to celebrate their love for eachother and create a bond between eachother, it makes sense. But I dont' see the point in getting married, unless, one is hopelessly in love with someone else.

I don't think it makes sense for anyone to marry anyone unless they feel that they cannot live without the other person.

*Why has marraige become something of a right of passage for everyone in Society?

*Why do people still continue to get married to people they don't know? (arranged marriages)

*Why is Marriage on the "To Do" list of many in the world, even if they haven't found their Hrithik Roshan or Aishwarya Rai yet?

* Why do Ppl have the urge to get married?

*What is the point of Marriage?

Please put forth ur ideas and opinions on Marriage.

madhu
6th August 2006, 06:57 AM
mm.. Surya and Jothika getting married on 9/11 :P

Hulkster
6th August 2006, 09:12 AM
Surya let us go back in history for the concept of marriage first.

In those days if a Man had intimate relations with a Woman it was considered that both were married. In other ways sex was a sort of symbol that they were both married. But as time went on wise people decided that it might be too obscene or uncivilised if they asked established a man or wife as married after they had sex. So they decided to do a ceremony(later on each religion had their own version) where they announced both as husband and wife and then they continued their intimate relations.

Another reason that was claimed is that in those days(before civilisation came into humans mind) man did not the meaning of marriage and they just used to have intimate relations with any woman they liked and vice versa...to control this urge and what is deemed as incomprehensible later on people decided on the one man one woman concept and then announced marriage to apply this concept in reality.

Now one thing is marriage is not permanent as in it must be done for all. Marriage is a individuals own choice and they can choose if they want to share their life with another or live alone. It is just the parent's wish or hope that their children must be married that makes it seem permanent. Moreover the society having a flawed opinion of unmarried singles(more on single woman) pushed parents to make marriage permanent in their children's thoughts.

Arranged marriage was mainly created in those days to marry off a man to a woman if both are not able to find their own life partners but as times became modern it became something of a necessity to marry of a man/woman to a life partner that is deemed suitable to the parents and the society they live in. Now this concept itself is dying off soon and probably will die off once all countries become modernised.

The point of marriage is the unification of two souls who decide to share their life together. Of course primary basis will remain that if either a man or woman have intimate relations with each other they are deemed to be husband and wife unofficially but marriage is seen as a "official" announcement that both of them are husband and wife. In terms of producing the next generation, majority view the generation as proper children if their parents are married although this has been slightly shoved off in westernised countries.

As for the urge to get married it mainly rests on the individual's opinion. If they feel that they can live together without having to be married then theres no marriage. If they feel that they want to show themselves as married to the whole world then theres marriage. But basically once a man or woman live together they are married whether a ceremony is done to announce them as married or not.

villan007
6th August 2006, 10:52 AM
mm.. Surya and Jothika getting married on 9/11 :P.

OMG... :shock:

temporary sori-Observer
7th August 2006, 12:29 AM
[tscii:6030126d4d]À¡Öõ ¸ºó¾Ð, Àﺨ½ ¦¿¡ó¾Ð
¸¡Ã½õ ¿£ «È¢Å¡ö, §¾¨Å¸û ¿£ «È¢Å¡ö.
¿¡¦Ç¡Õ §Å¸Óõ, §Á¡¸Óõ, ¾¡ÀÓõ
Å¡Ä¢Àõ ¾ó¾ ͸õ, þÇž¢É¢ø Åó¾ ͸õ!

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4269/[/tscii:6030126d4d]

pavalamani pragasam
7th August 2006, 08:10 AM
[tscii:e40d49ccbc]TN, Ý÷¡×ìÌ ¬ñ ¦Àñ ®÷ôÀ¢ø ºó§¾¸Á¢ø¨Ä :wink: ¾¢ÕÁ½õ ±ýÈ º¼í¸¢ø¾¡ý ÅÕò¾õ :lol: [/tscii:e40d49ccbc]

dsath
7th August 2006, 03:29 PM
This topic from Surya???? :o Do i smell something :roll:

podalangai
7th August 2006, 08:16 PM

A certain wise Someone explained it two thousand years ago:

இயல்பினான் இல்வாழ்க்கை வாழ்பவன் என்பான்
முயல்வாருள் எல்லாம் தலை.
ஆற்றின் ஒழுக்கி அறனிழுக்கா இல்வாழ் க்கை
நோற்பாரின் நோன்மை உடைத்து.

Surya
8th August 2006, 12:52 AM
mm.. Surya and Jothika getting married on 9/11 :P

Don't remind me!! :cry: Perazhagan, Anbuselvan IPS, Sanjay Ramasami, is getting married to Bombay Akka who looks like a horse without make-up!! :cry2: :cry2:

Hulk-U!! :D

So it is given that the basis of Marriage is the urge for Sexual Relations right? Atleast it was so when it started. Why does it exist when Sex is so easily accesible. Not get my wrong, I'm not talking about prostitution. Here atleast (And I'm guessing this is how it is in other western nations) most people get laid on their forth date, this is considering that one of them isn't rabidly turn-off material.

So is it safe to think that marriage is something that transcends the Sexual Relhm...rehlm..I'm a horrible speller, but u get what I'm saying..? :P

This topic from Surya???? :o Do i smell something :roll:

Depends on what your smelling for! :P

Honestly! I don't have any sort of Religious Agenda behind this thread! :P

Tamil Posters, :cry2:

I can't read ur posts, :cry: The fonts look wierd! :?

Tia
8th August 2006, 01:47 AM
when i first saw this thread i thought surya was gona get married! :lol:

Surya
8th August 2006, 01:49 AM

:shock: :cry2: :banghead: :oops: :roll:

Tia
8th August 2006, 01:54 AM
:lol:

my first reaction was :shock:

getting married: i'm not sure if its a good thing for u but its an awesome thing for people coming to ur wedding cos they get to buy nice new expensive clothes for a good reason :thumbsup:

:shock: :cry2: :banghead: :oops: :roll:

Surya
8th August 2006, 03:00 AM
Mathavange puthu dress potukka naanu life-imprisonment contract sign pannanuma?! Ithu Nalla Ideava irruke! :angry2: :lol2:

r_o_j_a
8th August 2006, 03:42 AM
Marriage is the celebration of the union of 2 people. It means that you are only committed to this particular person.
Also to show the whole world to "stay away from my girl/man" :P .

Hulkster
8th August 2006, 06:26 AM
Surya the basis of marriage was to apply one man one woman concept living together for the rest of your lives...sure sex(in terms of creation) does come in but main part of marriage is alot more than that.

* Sharing ideas and plans on how to lead life together
* Trying to read into each others characters(understanding)
* Wanting to make their love eternal by spending it together

which is only some of the points. There is alot more than this. It just happens that people misread marriage as a tool to spread their generation and satisfy their hidden lust while there are more diverse things like planning , compromising,making ends meet etc. Sometimes marriage can be a guide to success as characters do improve for the better in marriage and there is someone whom you can rely on when you have the feelings burning inside you. Marriage is more towards emotions and characteristics.

Creating your next generation with someone whom you desire may be done through marriage or not depending on how they perceive it but humans are knowledgeable enough to know it is lot more than just creating.

As for sex, exposure to it at a young age and the breeding of lust without any sufficient control made westerners so addicted to it you see it like it is was just happening for years. That in part also washes their mindset from viewing their partner as a individual with feelings.

rachel
8th August 2006, 09:33 AM
:smokesmile:

solona
8th August 2006, 10:39 AM
Mostly everyone who posted here accept that marriage means commitment, but that is main thing lacking in marriages now a days. How many people remain loyal to the commitment.

Sorry for offending you guys, I overheard one of my family friend proposing to go on tour to Bangkok and "profit and enjoy" which my hubby refused (luckily for me) the friend was telling that they were group of childhood friends (all of them married)who make regularly trips to Thailand to "enjoy" if his wife thought like that, what would he say. The worst thing is that this guys acts like Raman in front of his wife that poor thing believes. I think these people should not get married at all, you can enjoy all your life without getting married.
This happened recently so I am bit too :x sorry

Badri
8th August 2006, 10:49 AM
Well said, Solona!

I was in the US on a business trip when some of my friends (even those married) urged on me to this same Thailand kind of adventure! I couldnt understand how even those that were married could entertain such thoughts!

With what courage would these men return to face their wives?

And what would they do if they discovered that while they were away in the US, their wives were also going to "Thailand"?

I remember telling them this very harshly. Some two or three guys felt the stinging truth of my words and desisted! For several others, however, the flesh was stronger than their spirit, their will, their 'thanmaanam', their love and their belief in an institution called marriage! :angry2:

Apologies to Thailand and Thai people, for having used "Thailand" in this sense. It was merely an extension of what solona had said

pavalamani pragasam
8th August 2006, 12:56 PM
:clap:

tfmlover
8th August 2006, 01:06 PM
Marriage, something that has existed in every culture around the globe...I guess it was essential back then. What's the point now? :confused2: Is it still needed, essential or is it just one of those things that people still follow even though it doesn't make sense anymore? :)

Somehow Society (indian espicially) has made it so that Mariage is inevitable in a person's life. It's one of those things that a man and a woman must accomplish in their lifetime, like graduating High School and College or something.

I am not a bliever in Marriage. I don't see the point. Sure, if 2 people want to celebrate their love for eachother and create a bond between eachother, it makes sense. But I dont' see the point in getting married, unless, one is hopelessly in love with someone else.

I don't think it makes sense for anyone to marry anyone unless they feel that they cannot live without the other person.

*Why has marraige become something of a right of passage for everyone in Society?

*Why do people still continue to get married to people they don't know? (arranged marriages)

*Why is Marriage on the "To Do" list of many in the world, even if they haven't found their Hrithik Roshan or Aishwarya Rai yet?

Please put forth ur ideas and opinions on Marriage.

pavalamani pragasam
8th August 2006, 01:17 PM
A great pity :( To miss such a supreme sense of fulfilment marriage gives :cry:

dsath
8th August 2006, 02:17 PM
[tscii:8543c2903c]There are lots of reasons why people get married. But a majority of them marry to find love (in arranged marriages) and hold on to their love (in love marriages). With love come all other things like commitment, dedication. For every 2 people who go to 'T', there are 2 people who don't go. That is the reason why so many people still believe in marriages.

But having said that, marriage is not required for commitment and a happy life together. My colleague who is living with his partner happily for 10 years and has 3 children doesn't want to marry, as he and his partner have not felt it 'necessary' to be married. He is a devoted father and 'husband' and always puts family first. Now that’s something to think abt.[/tscii:8543c2903c]

pavalamani pragasam
8th August 2006, 03:23 PM
[tscii:905c84f911]The sanction/licence of marriage raises the whole dignity of human life bestowing all the benefits & pleasures it rightly deserves. It shows the difference between living & existing. Animals exist prodded by a clockwork mechanism of instinct. Humans live guided by conscious, deliberate choice. Animals herd together & rule by muscle power. Humans live as society on the foundation of moral power. The gradual progress is evident in human history. Whatever is taken for granted cannot really satisfy or endure. Whatever comes with binding/commitment/proviso gives meaning, weight, purpose which is worthwhile experiencing during one’s life on this earth. Modern trend-setters for living together are paving the way for jungle raj![/tscii:905c84f911]

crazy
8th August 2006, 11:53 PM
why marriage? ..............i guess i know, but i dont believe in marriage and all those stuffs or iam not really much into these things..............i will remain single forever, if thats possible!

whats the point in marriage?.....................donno, not sure, neither intrested :roll:

Surya
9th August 2006, 12:20 AM
Hulku! :D
:clap: Good explanation! :D

Rachel,

:notworthy: THANK U O SO VERY MUCH FOR UR CONTRIBUTION!!!! :redjump: :lol: :wink:

tfmlover,
I thought u were a guy...:shock: :o

Anywayz, :clap: :thumbsup: :wink:

Solona,
:clap: Exactly!! Infidelilty has increased drastically. My bro's friend recently got involved with this northie desi chick that works with him, he's married, doensn't have any children. HIs wife has no idea. Why do people who don't care to be loyal get married? :? If all they want is sex, then that is easily accecible, they don't need to get married to get it.

Modern trend-setters for living together are paving the way for jungle raj!

Humans live as society on the foundation of moral power.

I don't see living together without getting married as a violation of any morals. I don't see what harm living together without the commitment of marriage can do to an individual or to society as a whole. :confused2: Explanation Pro Favor! :D

temporary sori-Observer
9th August 2006, 02:14 AM
i will remain single forever, if thats possible!

Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.
Go for someone who makes you :),
Because it takes only a :) to
Make a dark day seem bright.
Find the one that makes your heart :)

temporary sori-Observer
9th August 2006, 02:16 AM

ssanjinika
9th August 2006, 02:40 AM
Solona,Badri - What kind of company do you (your hubby) keep??!!!Sorry if I sound harsh..but thats just plain disgusting!
Surya - agreed that infidelity has increased quite a bit but then why punish marriage for that?If you are sure that you wantto remain with this one person for the rest of your life,that this is the perfect partner for you ,you should grab hold of her/him and never let go.How can infidelity be a problem if both of you are sure that you only want this one person?

Surya
9th August 2006, 03:02 AM
How can infidelity be a problem if both of you are sure that you only want this one person?

It cannot! :D But to get to that state, I think that one should live with the other person.

I think that ppl will generally agree that going to a movie, or having dinner or so with someone is entirely different than living with someone. And my opinion, is that for one to be absolutley sure that he or she only wants that one person, they should have lived together first.

If somone is married, and they liked how things went before marriage (Movies, hanging out, etc) but they can't stand to live with that person, then obviously infedility isn't far behind, since they're unhappy @ home. *Not justifying anything here*

But...if they alreadly live together, and they can still put up with eachother, then marriage would be a good option...that's just my opinion.

I think that living together before marriage is always a better idea, because it will increase the chances of the marriage working.

Guys feel free to crucify me if u think I'm wrong. :wink: :lol2:

ssanjinika
9th August 2006, 03:07 AM
Well...I agree with you there :oops: sorry guys crucify me too :lol:
In our culture living together without the benifit of marriage is taboo mainly because it involves sex.So the next best thing for us would be to have a really long engagement. Which works to a certain extent.
Living together like a long engagement itself is a commitment in my mind though.Unless there are some really serious issues, the partnership shouldnt be broken. It will definitely help to cement the marriage IMHO.

Surya
9th August 2006, 03:29 AM
Long Engagement? But what if they find out that they can't stand eachother? And it happens again with the next person? :o :P

I think that ppl should start living for themselves, and not publisize their business to society by getting engaged. Live together, if it works out, and both want to get married. then do it. If not, then leave. If it does work out and u still just want to live together, then do that too. It's ur life, don't live it for society. Society isn't in ur shoes living ur days. Screw what society thinks, live how you want (this is considering that u don't have a fetish for slamming hammers into ppl's heads etc) :P

I think that if ppl ignored what society thought, and lived lives for themselves, then that itself will cause a decline in marriage rates! :)

solona
9th August 2006, 05:43 AM
Solona,Badri - What kind of company do you (your hubby) keep??!!!Sorry if I sound harsh..but thats just plain disgusting!
Surya - agreed that infidelity has increased quite a bit but then why punish marriage for that?If you are sure that you wantto remain with this one person for the rest of your life,that this is the perfect partner for you ,you should grab hold of her/him and never let go.How can infidelity be a problem if both of you are sure that you only want this one person?

I told in my post that this guy acted RAMAN in front of the others, sort of telling ennama tired irukkiya, tablets venouma stuff to his wife in front of everyone. When I came to know about his real self I keep distance with them. I am unhappy because I liked his wife very much.
Coming back to Surya's point, live in relationships are very common here where I live. Almost 60% of the couples I know(European) live that way, It is good for their culture and their style of living etc, but in India we cannot even imagine these things. we have our morals, lifestyle and life codes which are not compatible with these western way of living. I am a bit kattupatti in these things, my SIL lived that way and got married last year with a spanish guy, it took me really long time to accept that. I don't know why. But a european couple living that way I accept more easily!
It is good to know about the person and his real self before getting married.

Surya
9th August 2006, 06:10 AM
Coming back to Surya's point, live in relationships are very common here where I live. Almost 60% of the couples I know(European) live that way, It is good for their culture and their style of living etc, but in India we cannot even imagine these things. we have our morals, lifestyle and life codes which are not compatible with these western way of living. I am a bit kattupatti in these things, my SIL lived that way and got married last year with a spanish guy, it took me really long time to accept that. I don't know why. But a european couple living that way I accept more easily!

But the only reason ppl (Desies) don't do it, is because society frowns upon those who do. But who cares about society? Once ppl stop caring about Societies Opinion then culture will change. Living together before marriage will no longer be taboo, or will no longer be frowned upon.

Even here, living together before marriage was frowed upon @ one point in time. It isn't anymore. Societies change. Definitions for "Morals" and "Life Codes" change! :)

In this case, my opinion is that it has changed for the good! 8-)

Badri
9th August 2006, 08:20 AM

SS: one may not always be in a position to choose mates! Especially when you travel on a business trip to a foreign country, and are forced to share accomodation with colleagues from work.

If you are still going by the adage "Tell me your company and I shall tell you who you are", you are hopelessly in the Dark Ages.

Wake up! This, sadly is reality - both the rampant infidelity and this lack of choice of choosing ones colleagues!!!!

PS:oops, just realized! Mates - not as in lifemate or anything like that. Mates as in friends

pavalamani pragasam
9th August 2006, 08:30 AM
Accepting the yoke of marriage bond needs courage, sincerity, unselfishness, taming of the beast within & showing consideration for the fellow human beings called society. A new generation of backboneless humans is evolving unaware of fine nuances of intimate relationship which can't be expected to be found in a "free" contract. What is it to anyone? How does it affect me? What a thoughtless, superficial way of interpreting/understanding the reasoning power man is endowed with! What more can be expected from people who opt to go down to the bestial style of living?The feeling of being fed up with the topic which is the fashion for long is inescapable!

Hulkster
9th August 2006, 10:38 AM
The misunderstanding about marriage is..people think that a man and wife are husband and wife only if they undergo a ceremony. Marriage does not need to be done through ceremonies or functions as implemented by religions,cultures and traditions. If a man and woman decide to live together and want to share their life they are already married...whether they want to have a ceremony to announce their marriage or not is their wish.

The idea of living together which is marriage in itself is certainly not against morals, values or anything...the decision of a man and woman living together was what established them as husband and wife..its only after the arrival of religions and cultures and traditions then did humans announced marriage as a ceremony to officially announce them as husband and wife.

It just happens that Asians have lived with the marriage ceremony makes you husband and wife concept permanently that they are unable to accept what happens in westernised and european countries as not against morals and values.

It is wrong to impose marriage on humans to live together with their loved one as it is just a ceremony to announce them as official husband and wife to the world. Its unbelievable how religions cultures and traditions have brainwashed so much that we think undergoing a marriage ritual means being married. if undergoing a marriage ritual means being married then GOD would have asked the first man and woman to undergo a marriage ritual when he created them...he did not and considered them man and wife for the mere fact of them living together. Letus accept those who live together as married too and not refer to traditions religions and then decide whether they are married or not. :exactly:

pavalamani pragasam
9th August 2006, 12:47 PM
Religion or rituals are not important. But it is important to have a formal acknowledgement, be it a certificate from the registrar's office or the event of a considerable number of witnesses from kith & kin. Just as we abide by the laws of a government we created for our own good it is reasonable that we are answerable for our actions to the society we are part of. Civilisation is responsibility. No good outcome shall be expected from shirking it!

Hulkster
9th August 2006, 12:58 PM
I agree for the certificate most probably registry of marriages but the basic fact remains that once they both live together its considered they are married.

Religions are just a belief of how humans should lead life...before religions came into view morals and values already existed and religions themselves are a different modifications of this morals and values. So even if they did exist or not humans can still live...same goes for rituals which come from religions/traditions/culture etc. Now even tax payings,insurances do not need both to be married to be given and are based on individual human rights rather than the basis of marriage. Times are going good nowadays :D

Hulkster
9th August 2006, 01:10 PM
Btw civilisation cant be applied here as even uncivilised acts like extra marital affairs, adultery fornication happens even if a man and woman are "officially" married. Civilisation should be applied to a man or woman's mindset or thinking. Of course if a man or woman is living together people are bound to know this is happening probably their parents or friends.

As i said earlier even the government accepts a man and woman living together which is already happening in western and european countries. It is just governments who are still religionly focussed such as Asian countries like pakistan etc that do not accept this.

Lambretta
9th August 2006, 02:54 PM
Surya - agreed that infidelity has increased quite a bit but then why punish marriage for that?
:exactly: :yes: :ty: :thumbsup: :bluejump: 'nuff emoticons I think......phew!
Oh, and yea, herez a little 'gift' from my side for ur sane statement:

http://amicale.com/spitfire/images/herald/vitesse1.jpg

:wink: 8-)

Lambretta
9th August 2006, 03:01 PM
It just happens that Asians have lived with the marriage ceremony makes you husband and wife concept permanently that they are unable to accept what happens in westernised and european countries as not against morals and values..........Its unbelievable how religions cultures and traditions have brainwashed so much that we think undergoing a marriage ritual means being married. if undergoing a marriage ritual means being married then GOD would have asked the first man and woman to undergo a marriage ritual when he created them...he did not and considered them man and wife for the mere fact of them living together. Letus accept those who live together as married too and not refer to traditions religions and then decide whether they are married or not. :exactly:
:argh: :banghead: :hammer: :angry2: :rant: :roll:

Lambretta
9th August 2006, 03:07 PM
Accepting the yoke of marriage bond needs courage, sincerity, unselfishness, taming of the beast within & showing consideration for the fellow human beings called society. A new generation of backboneless humans is evolving unaware of fine nuances of intimate relationship which can't be expected to be found in a "free" contract. What is it to anyone? How does it affect me? What a thoughtless, superficial way of interpreting/understanding the reasoning power man is endowed with! What more can be expected from people who opt to go down to the bestial style of living?The feeling of being fed up with the topic which is the fashion for long is inescapable!
:clap: :exactly: :thumbsup:

Lambretta
9th August 2006, 03:15 PM
:shock: :omg:
Unaku eppo intha vazhakum vanthidchi.......chi chi chi.....dirty girl! :x :notthatway:

selvakumar
9th August 2006, 04:38 PM
Surya,
For the question "WHY MARRIAGE",

We can answer this after getting married several times :lol: :lol: :lol: because now everyone will say that we cannot comment on that before getting married even :lol: :lol:

I think the proverb "oRu paaNa sothukku oRu soru patham" is not applicable in this case.
My choice would be:

- Marry one girl / girls
- Live along with another girl / girls

I think you can feel the difference. :lol: :lol: if possible, do a research / pH.D work on the same. If needed, I will also contibute :lol: :lol:

If anyother hubbers are willing to take part in this experiment, they are most welcome :lol: :lol:

podalangai
9th August 2006, 05:38 PM
why marriage? ..............i guess i know, but i dont believe in marriage and all those stuffs or iam not really much into these things..............i will remain single forever, if thats possible!

Is your difficulty with the idea of marriage, or the idea of love itself? From your post, it sounds like it is love itself you don't believe in, rather than marriage.

Anyway, has anybody read Nakkiranar's commentary on Iraiyanar Akapporul, discussing the philosophical difference between married love and "stolen" (i.e. unmarried) love? :)

podalangai
9th August 2006, 05:43 PM
PS:oops, just realized! Mates - not as in lifemate or anything like that. Mates as in friends
Australia-le niraiya varutam irunthutingal-nu therihiradhu, mate! :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
9th August 2006, 07:49 PM
podalangai, can you share with us this:

"Anyway, has anybody read Nakkiranar's commentary on Iraiyanar Akapporul, discussing the philosophical difference between married love and "stolen" (i.e. unmarried) love? "

podalangai
9th August 2006, 09:09 PM
PP-amma, I don't have the book with me now, and it's been some years since I read it. I was hoping someone who had it could summarise it. If not, I will do so in around two weeks time when I am back home.

pavalamani pragasam
9th August 2006, 09:14 PM
Yes,please!

pavalamani pragasam
9th August 2006, 09:21 PM
Yes,please!

ssanjinika
9th August 2006, 09:36 PM
SS: one may not always be in a position to choose mates! Especially when you travel on a business trip to a foreign country, and are forced to share accomodation with colleagues from work.

Yeah Badri what you say is also true.Just that I found the idea so disturbing more so coz they are not being true either to themselves or to their poor wives. I believe that what ever you do ,do it without hiding. Atleast it will give the others who interact with you a chance to either be with you or leave you. Whats this business of hiding and then acting like the worlds best husbands.

ssanjinika
9th August 2006, 09:39 PM
Surya - agreed that infidelity has increased quite a bit but then why punish marriage for that?
:exactly: :yes: :ty: :thumbsup: :bluejump: 'nuff emoticons I think......phew!
Oh, and yea, herez a little 'gift' from my side for ur sane statement:

http://amicale.com/spitfire/images/herald/vitesse1.jpg

:wink: 8-)

:notworthy: :notworthy: :D
BTW really enjoyed reading your signature :wink:

Surya
10th August 2006, 02:19 AM
fine nuances of intimate relationship which can't be expected to be found in a "free" contract.

How does signing a peice of paper make any difference in Intimacy?? :confused2:

What more can be expected from people who opt to go down to the bestial style of living? Signing a document makes one all human like? :?

It just happens that Asians have lived with the marriage ceremony makes you husband and wife concept permanently that they are unable to accept what happens in westernised and european countries as not against morals and values.

It is wrong to impose marriage on humans to live together with their loved one as it is just a ceremony to announce them as official husband and wife to the world. Its unbelievable how religions cultures and traditions have brainwashed so much that we think undergoing a marriage ritual means being married. if undergoing a marriage ritual means being married then GOD would have asked the first man and woman to undergo a marriage ritual when he created them...he did not and considered them man and wife for the mere fact of them living together. Letus accept those who live together as married too and not refer to traditions religions and then decide whether they are married or not.

thottuteenge! :cry: :D

Just as we abide by the laws of a government we created for our own good it is reasonable that we are answerable for our actions to the society we are part of.

Abiding by the laws of govt is important. Theft, Murder, Domestic Violence are things the govt is against. If these things aren't controlled, then humans go insane.

But being answerable to our actions to society isn't reasonable. (Considering that one doesn't break the law) Espicially since Indian society itself is a very hiprocritical, nosy, and gossipy one.

I don't see why one lives his or her life trying to satisfy Society's criteria of "A Respectable Person"

It's because of that u see parents commiting suicide because their daughter elopes or something. Gladly those idiotic things don't happen anymore...

Doesn't it sound idiotic for someone to live their life the way society (A gossipy, irrational, hipocritical one) wants them to live it, rather then living life the way that makes them happy? :?

Selva,
:rotfl: :rotfl: Deivame...(tontonton) Deivame...(ton tonton) :lol: :notworthy: :P

Surya
10th August 2006, 02:23 AM
Do we agree that One should Live their Life, the way they want, rather than living their life the way Society wants them to? :D

If Yes....

Then how many ppl here would rather live together without the commitment of marriage? :D

ssanjinika
10th August 2006, 02:34 AM
Surya : Engagements can be broken :) . It is a bit more difficult since it does involve the family and society but hey if you cant stand eachother when you are engaged how can you stay married toeach other and be happy?
Ultimately being happy is what counts rite.
Another reason I am pro marriage is (whether you lived together before or not :wink: ) couples tend to work harder to keep a marriage working and slack off when it comes to just relationships. It could be simply because marriages are more difficult to get out off since it involves(in most cases) going to the court and stuff.
Well..whatever the reason,the fact that you put in extra effort to save a marriage is what counts.Go that extra mile for your wife :)

BTW did you see that you have 2 same options in your poll?

Surya
10th August 2006, 02:43 AM
BTW did you see that you have 2 same options in your poll?

Yeah. :? I don't kow why that happened...I just pm'd nov to change it. :P

Another reason I am pro marriage is (whether you lived together before or not Wink ) couples tend to work harder to keep a marriage working and slack off when it comes to just relationships. It could be simply because marriages are more difficult to get out off since it involves(in most cases) going to the court and stuff.

Now thats a good point! :clap: :)

Lambretta
10th August 2006, 03:43 PM
*dig

:notworthy: :notworthy: :D
BTW really enjoyed reading your signature :wink:
:ty:
'wish it wer my/my father's story tho... 8-)

/dig

maxi
10th August 2006, 03:52 PM
[tscii:c37f48dfd5]The sanction/licence of marriage raises the whole dignity of human life bestowing all the benefits & pleasures it rightly deserves. It shows the difference between living & existing. Animals exist prodded by a clockwork mechanism of instinct. Humans live guided by conscious, deliberate choice. Animals herd together & rule by muscle power. Humans live as society on the foundation of moral power. The gradual progress is evident in human history. Whatever is taken for granted cannot really satisfy or endure. Whatever comes with binding/commitment/proviso gives meaning, weight, purpose which is worthwhile experiencing during one’s life on this earth. Modern trend-setters for living together are paving the way for jungle raj![/tscii:c37f48dfd5]

ppmaam.... manushangale miruganga maadiri just exist aana enna pannaradhu?

maxi
10th August 2006, 03:52 PM
[tscii:3c520f296b]The sanction/licence of marriage raises the whole dignity of human life bestowing all the benefits & pleasures it rightly deserves. It shows the difference between living & existing. Animals exist prodded by a clockwork mechanism of instinct. Humans live guided by conscious, deliberate choice. Animals herd together & rule by muscle power. Humans live as society on the foundation of moral power. The gradual progress is evident in human history. Whatever is taken for granted cannot really satisfy or endure. Whatever comes with binding/commitment/proviso gives meaning, weight, purpose which is worthwhile experiencing during one’s life on this earth. Modern trend-setters for living together are paving the way for jungle raj![/tscii:3c520f296b]

ppmaam.... manushangale miruganga maadiri just exist aana enna pannaradhu?

pavalamani pragasam
10th August 2006, 03:57 PM
The choice rests with us!

maxi
10th August 2006, 03:58 PM
with us.. to do what?

pavalamani pragasam
10th August 2006, 04:03 PM
to live or to exist!

maxi
10th August 2006, 04:06 PM
no no what i meant was.... what if we "live" and ppl around us just exist... making our lives miserable??

pavalamani pragasam
10th August 2006, 04:13 PM
At least there will remain a little satisfaction, a precious, personal satisgfaction that we are 'living' & not 'existing'. :D It is true that it is irking it is to see people around us 'existing' instead of 'living'. It is a harrassing experience indeed. :( What can we do? Write in forumhub :lol: hoping 'erumboora kallum theyum' :D

Surya
10th August 2006, 11:25 PM
:? I'm missing something here...

So marriage makes the difference between living and existing? :? Or is it that "Commitment in general" makes the difference between living and existing?

If so, then Marriage isn't needed to be commited, nor is marriage to only form of commitment. :P

pavalamani pragasam
11th August 2006, 07:52 AM
:huh:

Surya
11th August 2006, 10:47 PM
Should I rephrase the question? :confused2:

ssanjinika
11th August 2006, 11:00 PM
Surya,
Thought this would be interesting for you..
Now..now..dont get mad..Believe me I find this preposterous too.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060811/od_nm/life_marriage_dc

ajithfederer
11th August 2006, 11:52 PM
engae namma all in all Azhagu raja thiruttu maran intha threadkku onnum post pannaleeyae :huh: :lol:

Surya
12th August 2006, 12:13 AM
Surya,
Thought this would be interesting for you..
Now..now..dont get mad..Believe me I find this preposterous too.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060811/od_nm/life_marriage_dc

Hah!! Charecter and Stability eh?! :roll: The good thing is that this case is almost guarenteed to be in favor of the couple. :thumbsup:

These god damn Conservative Republicans should not be given any importance in society....Keep in mind that these are the same exact morons who are anti-Abortion, Anti-Gay Marraige (I agree, I am a homophobe, I don't like being aroung gay people, but I don't think that the govt should get involved in personal matters such as relationships.) Anti-Stem Cell Research etc! :lol: These are also the same blood sucking vampires who implemented the Patriot Act. :roll:

It's become a hobby for them to violate the constitutional rights of Americans. :roll:

Well, Anywayz, hopefully the Courts will stop that community from implementing these idiotic rules on it's Neighbors. :thumbsup:

shalushalu
12th August 2006, 06:49 AM
LOUIS K. ANSPACHER: Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal.

MIGNON MCLAUGHLIN:
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

NANETTE NEWMAN:
A good marriage is at least 80 percent good luck in finding the right person at the right time. The rest is trust.

PEARL S. BUCK:
A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.

RAINER MARIA RILKE:
A good marriage is that in which each appoints the other guardian of his solitude.

In my point of view, marriage is definitely not something you get into just becoz everyone has started asking or becoz age is catching up or becoz everyone else has sumone or becoz your wonderful parents and friends are encouraging you to do so. It has to be the thing you want to do. Something that both individuals are and want to be commited to. For a lifetime. For an eternity. When you are so hopelessly and helplessly (?) in love with them that all you want to do is be with them for all your life. And, REMAIN so.

Wishful thinking ??? When I do get around to finding someone who would do that to me, I will keep you guys well updated. LOL.[/b]

pavalamani pragasam
12th August 2006, 08:49 AM
Wish you good luck, shalushalu! :D
The topic under discussion is whether the ritual of marriage is necessary or not. :( Support for 'living together trend' is being canvassed here! :cry:

shalushalu
12th August 2006, 09:30 AM
The topic under discussion is whether the ritual of marriage is necessary or not. :( Support for 'living together trend' is being canvassed here! :cry:

Ha Ha Ha ...

I wasnt canvassing for either. Marriage needs REAL deep thought. Meanwhile, if you think you'd like to start living together instead, that needs some kinda deep thought too, right ???

Listen to your heart .... :yes:

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 10:32 AM
10 years back,

I WOULD HAVE SAID.............

whats wrong in live-in relationship?

8 years back

I WOULD HAVE SAID...............

hey marriage is crap. lets try living together and see if it works. if it does fine...... else..... just call it quits.

2 years back

I WOULD HAVE SAID......

marriage is not bad.......... but living in is........ i mean.............. its kinda okei too...... what big diff? .............. its society's way to tie or oblige ppl.........

but NOW............

I SAY...........

marriage.............. IS THE BEST THING.........

FOR

peaceful life
fulfilling life
enjoyable life
meaningful life

WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH SYSTEM IN OUR SOCIETY............

where we avoid too much heartbreak

pavalamani pragasam
12th August 2006, 11:04 AM
:clap: SP :!: :yes: :exactly: :ty: :2thumbsup:

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 11:14 AM
pp maam,

:)

I was very eagerly waiting for ur reaction. I remember the days I used to argue with u in kavithaigaL thread too.

AGE teaches us lots of things. :)
IT gives us maturity. :bow: :)

Though I still hold on to the view, that EACH INDIVIDUAL is free to chose his will or way of living.........

SOCIETY actually binds us with lots of values without which we would find wails and cries all thro the world.

Sometimes now I reawlise, that such bindings and rules ARE NECESSARY so that many innocents who just have modern views BUT WITH GOOD NOBLE HEART escape from clutches of ruthless world.

Sometimes lessons are learnt hard way.
Thankfully in my case, ITS JUST....... OUT OF sheer age-wise maturity.

When Youth's excitement, ego, adamancy etc dies down........ we find, HEY....... LIFE HAS ACTUALLY GIVEN US THE BEST in way of bindings and commitments via marriage.

I do look back thankfully upon my parents and my hus, WHO UNDERSTOOD ME, with my thoughts all thro the time when I argued, YET, waited for me to realise it myself

I AM HAPPY.
THANKS TO marriage system :)

:thumbsup:

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 11:20 AM
I wish to quote a beautiful song.....

paadhi manadhil deivam irundhu paarthu koNdathadaa
meethi manadhai mirugam irundhu aatti vaithathadaa
aatti vaitha mirugam indru adangi viattathadaa
amaidhi deivam muzhumanathil kOvil koNNdathadaa

aaravaara pEigaL ellam Odi vittathadaa
aalayamaNi Osai nenjil koodi vittathadaa
dharma dEvan kOvililE oLi thulanguthadaa
manam saanthi saanthi saanthi endru Oivvu koNNdathadaa

(Thank god......... satti sudaamaiyE kai vittiruchu :) )

and its blisss
pure bliss...
when we give away mindless arguments
and our ego dies down......
to realise wiser things :thumbsup:

pavalamani pragasam
12th August 2006, 11:20 AM
:cool2:

Sanguine Sridhar
12th August 2006, 11:36 AM
I agree with you KM! Experience will overcome all the youth crap thoughts! :)

We should be proud to live in India atleast for this culture and marriage! :)

5 Ponna kalyanam pannittu,6 ponna divorce pannittu 8 ponnoda vazhuradhu oru vaazhkaya? There should be some difference between Dogs,Pigs and Humans! :)

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 11:44 AM
-double posted-

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 11:45 AM
Srdhar,

I agree with u. :)

I should however say, I DID NOT HAVE ANY CRAP THOUGHTS like how many of u may conceive looking at my post :D

What I used to initially think was,
STAY COMMITTED TO one person.
BUT not necessrily under the name of MARRIAGE (for thats society's way to bind us...... and society CANNOT bind our moral values. it should come out from our own thoughts)

Even if u are living together STAY COMMITTED to that single person and DO NOT CALL IT QUITS, unless until its absolutely mandatory (which is kinda solution to many marriages in india, where the spouse ACTUALLY PUTS UP WITH ANOTHER WITHOUT ANYTHING CALLED LOVE )

but even that(staaying commited to one person)....now I realise...... that,
its better to be under the system of MARRIAGE.

We should be proud to live in India atleast for this culture and marriage!

oh u bet!

WE ARE PROUD and THANKFUL to be INDIANS. :) :thumbsup:

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 11:50 AM
There should be some difference between Dogs,Pigs and Humans! :)

Well,

the so called intellect to decide WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG.

more than MORALS (which I feel cannot be governed by anybody BUT OUR INNER SELVES)

I would not call anybody who dont follow morals as BAD PPL.
I just feel sad for them for.........

they KNOW NOT WHAT IS HAPPINESS :(
and WHAT HAPPINESS WE GET BY ABIDING TO MORALS.

MORALS are not laid down rules WHICH NEED TO BE ABIDED beucase of fear............ BUT IT NEEDS TO BE ABIDED BECAUSE....
BY ABIDING IT WE WOULD FIND OURSELVES happy and peaceful.

I FEEL,

our ancestors HAVE GIVEN US THE BEST TREASURE to make us happy.

If we switch on to find happiness, in UMPTEEN PLACES....
we would land up, sick, tired, sad, remorseful, and.............. pathetic.

the self-contentment, satisfaction and bliss IS NOT SEARCHING FOR more happiness OUT SIDE WITH YET ANOTHER WOMAN OR PARTNER OR SEX...........

BUT

in our own mind and its quietitude.

Sanguine Sridhar
12th August 2006, 11:54 AM
Living together system is not possible in India and not needed!

What is the meaning of living together? At some point of time if you dont like your partner you can say Goodbye,very easily.If you are under marriage bond you cant do it that easy!

If you are choosing living together then things like Porumai,Sagipputhanmai will die!

Sticking to a single person till end of your life is noway possible if you are not married to that person!

Marriage gives you security,happiness,relations,enjoyment,sadness etc., Idhu thaaney vaazhkai!

People who says that i have everything without marriage, can skip my post.I respect that person only if he says this at his age of 70! :)

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 11:58 AM
Sticking to a single person till end of your life is noway possible if you are not married to that person!

HMM..

Marriage gives you security,happiness,relations,enjoyment,sadness etc., Idhu thaaney vaazhkai!

not necessarily.

MARRIAGELESS life (without live-in or sexual life) but ORIENTED towards service OF HUMANITY OR BETTER WORTHY CAUSE, IS THE BEST LIFE.

People who says that i have everything without marriage, can skip my post.I respect that person only if he says this at his age of 70!

There are. But such ppl, DID NOT STAY WITHOUT MARRIAGE to live in a relationship.

BUT TOOK to social service or WORTHIER CAUSE. THey can stay happy.

for they have LOVE.
love for HUMANITY.

Sanguine Sridhar
12th August 2006, 12:15 PM
If you talk about Humanity that is a different topic KM! They are special persons! A.P.J Abdul Kalam,Kamarajar,Mother Theresa or Vivekanandhar.

But we are ordinary Homo sapiens.We have all desires,dislikes! Marriage is an occasion designed for disciplinary life! Its upto your conscience to make it more lively and enjoyable!

KM you talked abt 70+ I am curious to know about their past! :)

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 12:42 PM
Why sridhar?

u feel their decision would be out of frustration or otherwise ANYTHING not voluntary?

Believe me, there are many who wanna life like that, AND ARE HAPPY TO LIVE TILL 70 TO SAY they did not regret it :)

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 12:44 PM
and yes I mentioned that for special ppl.

if you take the case of normal ppl, who volunteered to stay without marriage (out of compulsion, i.e. having the will and desire to get married and lead a normal life, yet could not be blessed with the same)

then THERE WOULD BE REGRETS

Sanguine Sridhar
12th August 2006, 12:48 PM
Everything looks good till you go closer KM! If you dig the personals of bachelors you might loose the fame or name of them! Anyways! Lets forget this! The above said details are my views! :)

Shakthiprabha.
12th August 2006, 12:51 PM
ah well...

everything is a part of everybody's life aint not? :)

mahaan aanaa kooda avanga life laiyum.....

u would get diff kinds of experiences to learn :)

nobody is spared of anything

pavalamani pragasam
12th August 2006, 01:28 PM
kudos to Sridhar's views! :2thumbsup:

selvakumar
12th August 2006, 01:57 PM
Everything looks good till you go closer KM! If you dig the personals of bachelors you might loose the fame or name of them! Anyways! Lets forget this! The above said details are my views! :)

:roll: :?

Surya
13th August 2006, 12:11 AM
5 Ponna kalyanam pannittu,6 ponna divorce pannittu 8 ponnoda vazhuradhu oru vaazhkaya? There should be some difference between Dogs,Pigs and Humans!

Do u really think that the only way for us to differenciate us from animals is by signing a document? :)

Agreed taht Security, happiness, relations, enjoyment and sadness is what makes a person's life. But since when is all of this only attainable through marriage? (Not saying that it isn't, I'm not 70+ :wink: ) But just curious...how are all these things only attainable in marriage? :)

Living together system is not possible in India

I beg to differ...:P Maybe not in TN, because TN is a faily conservative State (Or atleast pretends to be), and as long as u have bored housewives gossiping about other ppls business, it proly isn't gonna happen, but it is easily possible in otherparts of the nation. :)

temporary sori-Observer
13th August 2006, 06:59 PM

Ha Ha Ha ...
Shalu,
Ennaga ithu! Tamizh pada villain maathiri bayankaramaa sirikkiReenga!

shalushalu
13th August 2006, 08:23 PM

Ha Ha Ha ...
Shalu,

Aama Temporary Sori-Observer .... apadi patta siripu thaan varathu .... enna seiya ??? Irunthaalam, ungal avatar siripu maathiri cute-a illaiye ....

ShaktiPrabha .... I loved the way u said a few things despite not agreeing with all. Nice. :thumbsup:

Lambretta
13th August 2006, 10:07 PM
I'd like to put my 2 cents here altho not sure how agreeable it sounds.....
Marriage in our society was originally devised as not just a mere uniting of 2 individuals but also 2 families...also the purpose of marriage of 2 individuals was intended not to promote their own desires for physical relationship but to care for the upline family (of the husband) & promote progeny of said family.
The relation between a husband & wife was meant to be sumthing like a team tat was dedicated to tend to the family needs more than their own. Duties/responsibilities played more a role than personal desires (wich I'm not against either!)
It was for this reason tat arranged marriages wer preferred in our society & love-marriages wer looked down upon as the latter wer thot of as selfish individual desires w/ no responsibilites/care for the rest of the family, besides feared to bring complications among each others' families.
But eventually w/ mostly men straying away from the value system & seeing marriage as mostly a means to permanant physical satisfaction & more recnetly w/ the increase of nuclear family concepts, the purpose of marriage narrowed down to jus seeking a partner for nearly lifelong physical bliss (wich is also mainly y sexual satisfaction has become such a major concern for ppl. to be married!) w/ having children becoming a little more than a by-product or coincidence of the relationship!
I guess w/ the purpose behind marriage thinning out gradually, the idea of marriage is becoming questionable nowadays....

Shakthiprabha.
13th August 2006, 10:12 PM
thx shalu :D :D

Shakthiprabha.
13th August 2006, 10:14 PM
Lambretta,

Truth is there in ur argument. QUITE a lot infact.

Yet, however SELFISH or whatever be the motive, MARRIAGE keeps the society goign on in a decent way. Thats the ONLY WAY To prevent MULTIPLE relationships.

It becomes............ worse without one such system.

Lambretta
13th August 2006, 11:14 PM
Lambretta,

Truth is there in ur argument. QUITE a lot infact.

Yet, however SELFISH or whatever be the motive, MARRIAGE keeps the society goign on in a decent way. Thats the ONLY WAY To prevent MULTIPLE relationships.
It becomes............ worse without one such system.
Tks SP/KK akka, :D
However, no I'm not against the institution of marriage, count me out of tat crowd! :exactly: :P
I was merely poiting out the basis of questioning the custom of marriage as of today......ie. to say these r the reasons tat led to the gradual 'shallowness' tat marriage is now being viewed w/.....
IMO if today society, atleast in India, made one to undersatnd the depth in married life, it wudnt hav led to as much likelihood of debating/questioning the same! :)
Uh, hope tat makes it sound clearer.... :P :)

ramky
14th August 2006, 12:04 AM
10 years back,

I WOULD HAVE SAID.............

whats wrong in live-in relationship?

8 years back

I WOULD HAVE SAID...............

hey marriage is crap. lets try living together and see if it works. if it does fine...... else..... just call it quits.

2 years back

I WOULD HAVE SAID......

marriage is not bad.......... but living in is........ i mean.............. its kinda okei too...... what big diff? .............. its society's way to tie or oblige ppl.........

but NOW............

I SAY...........

marriage.............. IS THE BEST THING.........

FOR

peaceful life
fulfilling life
enjoyable life
meaningful life

WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH SYSTEM IN OUR SOCIETY............

where we avoid too much heartbreak

SP : :exactly: :yes: btw u hv got the guts to be honest about wat u felt some years ago ! :clap: :2thumbsup:

Lambretta
14th August 2006, 12:45 AM
SP : :exactly: :yes: btw u hv got the guts to be honest about wat u felt some years ago ! :clap: :2thumbsup:
Yea tats very brave no doubt......but wats more amazing is tat she actually developed a POSITIVE view abt marriage NOW, rather than 10 yrs ago......wen it shud've normally been the OTHER WAY round w/ most in our society....:shock: :confused2: :idontgetit: :roll:
Nevertheless, in tat case I guess shez lucky she already got married 10+ yrs ago, since wat she felt then REMAINED as only wat she felt then...... :exactly: :wink: :D

kannannn
14th August 2006, 12:58 AM
Security is the only reason to stay married. All other factors are present in a live-in arrangement too. Infact, if there was a legal security to live-in system, marriage would become superflous. Many would be happy to live-in if we had the societal and legal approval to such an arrangement. I respect the UK lawmakers in this regard for trying to put in place a system, whereby live-in partners have legal protection too.

temporary sori-Observer
14th August 2006, 01:57 AM
Support for 'living together trend' is being canvassed here! :cry:

Ha Ha Ha ...
Shalu,

Aama Temporary Sori-Observer .... apadi patta siripu thaan varathu .... enna seiya ???
Shalu, :lol: :lol:

Person 1: Aise kyon haste ho?
Person 2: Shalu endhina bayankaramaayittu chirichchu?
Person 3: You are laughing loud!
Person 4: Ennanga ithu? villain maathiri oru sirippu?

rachel
14th August 2006, 04:06 AM
8-)

rachel
14th August 2006, 04:06 AM
8-)

Hulkster
14th August 2006, 07:22 AM
There has been a big misunderstanding that marriage keeps security of a relationship. Let us remember that mindset of the two persons determine whether their relationship is secure or not.

Even if two people are married through a ritual, it does not give guarantee that their mindsets will be free from other relationships. To keep a relationship secure one does not need a marriage ritual or ceremony..all they need is mutual understanding, the knowing of what is right and wrong and love...without these three..even if you do marry through a ritual or ceremony the possibilities of multiple relationships or illegal affairs are very high.

Another thing we must remember is that marriage ceremonies were created by humans not god. If god had created marriage rituals and things like thalis etc the husband or wife might have been punished if they try to go astray by divine interventions. So far no such thing has happened and it shows clearly that its the mindset of the husband or wife that decides such things.

An advice to all people who want to have a secure relationship for life: Make sure both of you love each other and mutually understand each other if not having a secure relationship is a goner. Love and understanding builds secure relationships not marriage rituals and ceremonies.

tfmlover
19th August 2006, 04:47 AM
Love and understanding builds secure relationships not marriage rituals and ceremonies

Hulkster :clap: :clap: :clap:

Surya
19th August 2006, 04:49 AM
:notworthy: :D :D

malsi
19th August 2006, 06:45 AM
""Love and understanding builds secure relationships not marriage rituals and ceremonies""

Fantastic Hulkster..

Really agree with you..

pavalamani pragasam
19th August 2006, 09:17 AM
Yet, they add colour & magic to memories which will come in handy when the going gets tough :wink: Who does not love fun & merriment? :shock: Parading & feasting? :wink: Happy get together of kith & kin? :P

Lambretta
19th August 2006, 10:36 AM
Yet, they add colour & magic to memories which will come in handy when the going gets tough :wink: Who does not love fun & merriment? :shock: Parading & feasting? :wink: Happy get together of kith & kin? :P
:exactly: :thumbsup:
I'm not a ritual fanatic (infact I dont like being in those tat r too long/complicated :oops:) but I wonder how come no-one speaks against modern 'rituals' like late-night partying/clubbing/pubbing, watching movies (most of which IMO suck & r meaningless nowadays neways! Esp. down south...:roll: )

Hulkster
20th August 2006, 11:23 AM
Nandri makkalae :notworthy:...hope you all understand that every decision in life is made by us and nothing else...this also plays in business,work,studies,relationships etc..make wise decisions people..:exactly:

tfmlover
21st August 2006, 05:09 AM
[quote="Hulkster"]Nandri makkalae :notworthy:...hope you all understand that every decision in life is made by us and nothing else...this also plays in business,work,studies,relationships

etc..make wise decisions people..:exactly:

rachel
21st August 2006, 07:32 AM
8-)

Lambretta
21st August 2006, 01:28 PM
Nandri makkalae :notworthy:...hope you all understand that every decision in life is made by us and nothing else...this also plays in business,work,studies,relationships etc..make wise decisions people..:exactly:
Hulkster ! you Hubster ! rock like Guster ! ..good Foster ! :clap:
Uh....who/wat is Guster?? :confused2:
And by Foster do u mean Austr(y)alian for Beer?? :P :lol:

tfmlover
21st August 2006, 05:13 PM
guster rock band :clap:

Lambretta
21st August 2006, 05:39 PM
guster rock band :clap:

you fuddle ! :roll: why foster in the hub . thinking pub?

oh! nooo foster . no ausie lager
no pilsner nor ale
bud ! w(e)iser maybe stout (bitter but better )..
'they who drink beer will think beer '
but foster :!: .. :o :x
try something strong if you want to taste the real beer next time :wink:
Hmm.......well tks but no tks for ur suggestion.....I'm LEAST inclined to taste beer, real or otherwise netime....:P :mrgreen:
But considering tat u know soooo many names of beers/ales/lagers/watever & even know wats "strong" & wats not :wink:....its obv. tat U drink & think all these! :wink: :P :lol:

tfmlover
21st August 2006, 06:09 PM
your quote

Lambretta
21st August 2006, 06:20 PM
i do think but no drink beer
Then wat explains ur earlier quote: 'they who drink beer will think beer'...?? :huh: :roll:

beyond your ken ???? heine ! mann the elysian
Um......ok nvr mind.....'nuff of this beer language I think! :)
Lets get back to the main topic!

Surya
23rd August 2006, 01:22 AM
:exactly: :thumbsup:
I'm not a ritual fanatic (infact I dont like being in those tat r too long/complicated :oops:) but I wonder how come no-one speaks against modern 'rituals' like late-night partying/clubbing/pubbing, watching movies (most of which IMO suck & r meaningless nowadays neways! Esp. down south...:roll: )

It's interesting how u termed those things as rituals...why is that? :)

tfmlover
23rd August 2006, 02:32 AM
OK Lambretta

Surya
23rd August 2006, 04:00 AM
:?

Surya
23rd August 2006, 04:46 AM
:?

tfmlover
23rd August 2006, 06:26 AM
u confused so much surya i delete then