PDA

View Full Version : KADALAI PARUPPU AND WHITE PUMPKIN CURRY RECIPE PLS

Noodles
7th August 2006, 02:37 PM
Pls post the recipe

southiecook
7th August 2006, 07:09 PM
I make the kadalai paruppu & pumpkin curry this way. I do not know if you are looking for a similar recipe or not.

Pressure cook 1 cup of kadalaiparuppu without adding much water. The cooked dal should not be mushy. Now, boil pumpkin pieces with salt and turmeric. When the pumpkin is cooked, add the kadalai paruppu into it. Bring into a boil. Add more salt, if needed. Grind together coconut,red chillies and a pinch of cumin seeds. Add the paste to the koottu. Bring to another boil. Finally, heat some oil and splutter mustard, red chillies & curry leaves along with a little grated coconut. Season the koottu with this.

Nichiro
7th August 2006, 11:08 PM
Dear Noodles,
Why not try the following ?
Substitute Pumkin in place of Sorakkai.

http://www.hemant-trivedis-cookery-corner.com/curry/sorakka-kadalai.html

Enjoy !!

Nichiro

Braandan
12th August 2006, 04:19 AM
I make the kadalai paruppu & pumpkin curry this way. I do not know if you are looking for a similar recipe or not.

Pressure cook 1 cup of kadalaiparuppu without adding much water. The cooked dal should not be mushy. Now, boil pumpkin pieces with salt and turmeric. When the pumpkin is cooked, add the kadalai paruppu into it. Bring into a boil. Add more salt, if needed. Grind together coconut,red chillies and a pinch of cumin seeds. Add the paste to the koottu. Bring to another boil. Finally, heat some oil and splutter mustard, red chillies & curry leaves along with a little grated coconut. Season the koottu with this.

Super!. Typical Malayalee koottu. The same koottu can be made with coyote (chow chow), pumpkin, sorakkai, peerkkangai etc.

Noodles
12th August 2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks a lot

Southie Cook

Nichiro

Braandan

Will try ur your recipes today.