PDA

View Full Version : Having Kids..Does it deserve to be frowned upon?

Surya
13th August 2006, 01:53 AM
Hmm..Time for the next thing..:roll: :lol2:

Why do ppl still continue to have babies?

*The World's Population Has Skyrocketed

*There are Kids Who are Starving around the Globe, Espicially India.

*A Baby is a baby right? Why not just Adopt?

*Is it some sort of Satisfaction of their own Ego that ppl get when they look @ something that they have created?

Why are there so many ppl still having babies when there are kids starving, and millions of kids who aer orphans?

Does it not seem like the pinnacle of Selfishness for ppl to still be having babies??

My personal Opinion is the first Option in the Poll. 8-)

Sinthiya
13th August 2006, 09:48 AM
Surya...:roll:...

"I'm not gonna have kids..I think it is infact the "Pinnacle of Selfishness" I'll adopt, I'm sure of it."
pinnacle of selfishness?? :roll:...
every woman deserves to have a child and enjoy those months of pregnancy, delivering the baby and be part of the child's up brining...

yes, there are many children who are starving around the world and we should do something...adopting is a definite possibility (even I would)...but having a child is precious moment in a couple's life...you just can't deny that....

but i respect your view... :roll: :roll: :roll: .... :wave:....

pavalamani pragasam
13th August 2006, 10:48 AM
:roll: :( :omg: :notthatway: :skull:

Lambretta
13th August 2006, 12:19 PM
Hm....well, I've of late seen this '60s Hindi movie "Brahmachari" wher Shammi Kapoor runs an orphanage......& since then been considering (only) adopting a baby......:)
But I cant say for sure as yet.....'wud also depend on my wife's opinion I guess.... :huh:
But even otherwise, I'd first see if she'd be ready, not jus PHYSICALLY but also MENTALLY/EMOTIONALLY to be a mother in the TRUE sense if u know wat I mean, b4 deciding on having a baby, whether naturally or adopted.....:exactly: :)

Anoushka
14th August 2006, 02:15 AM
Surya: Mine would be similar to Lamby's view... I would love to adopt (only) but my hubby dear wants a child of his own... so I guess we might end up having a child of our own and adopting too :)

temporary sori-Observer
14th August 2006, 02:48 AM
Surya: Mine would be similar to Lamby's view... I would love to adopt (only)

Anoush,
Unga posting-ukku keezhe 'blood is thicker than water'-nu pOttirukkE? :D

Anoushka
14th August 2006, 03:01 AM
tos: :) yes-ungO pOtiruku :) but yaaru blood-nu sollalaye :) I remember expressing my views on adoption ages ago in some other thread! :)

temporary sori-Observer
14th August 2006, 03:04 AM
tos: :) yes-ungO pOtiruku :) but yaaru blood-nu sollalaye :)
Sooper-aa badhil koduththutteenga Anoush! :clap: :thumbsup:

rachel
14th August 2006, 03:45 AM

*The World's Population Has Skyrocketed--YEAH...SO WHAT??

*There are Kids Who are Starving around the Globe, Espicially India.--YEAH...SO WHAT?

*A Baby is a baby right? Why not just Adopt?-- LOOSADA NEE :evil:

*Is it some sort of Satisfaction of their own Ego that ppl get when they look @ something that they have created?--if it's ego...SO...WHAT? that's not ur business :evil:

Why are there so many ppl still having babies when there are kids starving, and millions of kids who aer orphans? ---WHY DON'T YOU GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THOSE KIDS. so they will be looked after properly :roll:

Does it not seem like the pinnacle of Selfishness for ppl to still be having babies??-mental hospital admission kidaigalaiya :lol:

everybody has the right to have their babies. if there are so many babies in the world without food , give your money...

Hulkster
14th August 2006, 07:08 AM
Surya well in my opinion there are two things that might decide if a person wants a baby or not.

Person who loves children alot
This people are comfortable with either adopted or bloodline carriers(their children). They are usually very soft and enthusiastic when it comes to bearing children and they usually view children as the gift of god or a proud thing to be of so they will usually go ahead in having children. Usually they are not very general minded as in watch the worlds population and are abit more concerned about the state of poor children.

Person who is more general minded
These people may or may not love children but see bearing children in line with how things are at the family,career and in the world. That means if the population is skyrocketing they might not go for alot or rather prefer having a child/children after establishing themselves in workplaces.

Person who does not see marriage as a gateway to children
These are the rare instance of where there are single mothers/fathers who adopt children and live their lives caring for them and at the same time earning through their living. The likeliness of singular parenthood with non biological child or adopted child is also increasing.

One thing Surya that we have to understand is that bearing kids or adopting them depends on the character of the person. If the person wants to have joy having a baby in their hands by going through pregnancy usually seeing as their own blood then having children will occur. If the person is not particular about bloodline then adopting will also occur. Even though you might think adopting is a better option if or when you marry you will realise that you too will wish to have a child of your own blood which at times may be "forced" when you see a father and a mother cuddling their newborn baby.

crazy
14th August 2006, 02:33 PM

*Is it some sort of Satisfaction of their own Ego that ppl get when they look @ something that they have created?

Why are there so many ppl still having babies when there are kids starving, and millions of kids who aer orphans?

Does it not seem like the pinnacle of Selfishness for ppl to still be having babies??

as u might know..............i will adopt kids, not one but as much as possible!
as u mentioned i believe that having kids is a bit selfish act, when there r lots of orphans around us.
i know that i cant expect everyone to feel the same way as i does, but adopting kids is the only way to eradicate the word "orphan".

iam not so into the orphans in india, but i am going to adopt kids from my country, not coz they r starving but they have lost their parents b'coz of selfish and stupid acts of we adults in the name of war and race.............and its my duty to give them shelter, care and love........which God has given me!

a baby is a baby.................right, but some ppl feel that thay cant have strong connection to the adopted one, f.ins my mother. she is so much against adopting. she thinks i can never take care of a child which is not my own :roll: God knows, but i have a strong will to adopt kids, which i will when i get a bit older and got a job! :)

my personal opinion is also the 1 option in the poll :D

nms
14th August 2006, 03:59 PM
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Surya, i wish neither to have a child nor to adopt a child.This is my thought.But my partner's point of view may be different and I can't neglect her views;that would be a collective decision.

According to me, one can have as much children he/she wishes either by giving birth or adopting.But he/she must be in a position to provide sound physical and mental health to the children.If brought up in such a way certainly those children are going to be the much needed assets of this society.This society is in need of such Healthy Minds.

I don't think it's a sin/selfish act to have a child when many children are born as poor.

If the world population as a whole and total produce from all parts of the world are considered together, the word POVERTY can be removed from dictionaries..To be precise, all materials that have so far been produced will be suffice for atleast two earths, if utilized optimally.The consumption levels of the developed and developing nations are HUGE.

Dresses,Electricity,footwear,cosmetics, food....everything we consume is many times higher than the basic need.We go on increase our comfort levels.We purchase and consume more than what we need .It's a fact ....By doing so, we are looting the share of our fellow world citizens
(WE I mean here is every member of the human society)

It's suffice, we reduce our consumption and share what we have in excess, with the have - nots; No need to reduce the Population.

Tia
14th August 2006, 08:41 PM
surya cos of u the worlds population is gona die! :shock:

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:01 AM
Surya...:roll:...

"I'm not gonna have kids..I think it is infact the "Pinnacle of Selfishness" I'll adopt, I'm sure of it."
pinnacle of selfishness?? :roll:...
every woman deserves to have a child and enjoy those months of pregnancy, delivering the baby and be part of the child's up brining...

yes, there are many children who are starving around the world and we should do something...adopting is a definite possibility (even I would)...but having a child is precious moment in a couple's life...you just can't deny that....

but i respect your view... :roll: :roll: :roll: .... :wave:....

Well..I agree that being a part of a child's upbringing is something very special, my question is, why does it have to be someone's biological child? :) So was I right when I said that it is some sort of ego that the person satisfies in themselves when they look @ something that they've created?

Reg enjoying the months of pregnancy and delivering a baby, I guess that is a choice that the individual would have to make. Enjoying months of Pregnancy, and bringing another being into the world vs Making a change, and changing the life of another baby. :D I just hope the choice is right. :( :P

Doesn't it seem selfish when there are millions who are starving with no food, when there are so many orphans who are growing up with no parents in some parts of our own country. And on the other side, there are ppl who are bringing in new beings into the world, raising them with all they've got, JUST BECAUSE they created it? Hell, even a Dog can have babies...:huh:

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:04 AM
:roll: :( :omg: :notthatway: :skull:

:? :huh: :shock: :roll: :o :( :boo: 8-)

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:05 AM
Lamby and Anoushka, :D

I appreciate ur willingness to adopt! :D :clap: Just hope ur spouses feel the same way! :D :thumbsup:

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:11 AM

*The World's Population Has Skyrocketed--YEAH...SO WHAT??

*There are Kids Who are Starving around the Globe, Espicially India.--YEAH...SO WHAT?

*A Baby is a baby right? Why not just Adopt?-- LOOSADA NEE :evil:

*Is it some sort of Satisfaction of their own Ego that ppl get when they look @ something that they have created?--if it's ego...SO...WHAT? that's not ur business :evil:

Why are there so many ppl still having babies when there are kids starving, and millions of kids who aer orphans? ---WHY DON'T YOU GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THOSE KIDS. so they will be looked after properly :roll:

Does it not seem like the pinnacle of Selfishness for ppl to still be having babies??-mental hospital admission kidaigalaiya :lol:

everybody has the right to have their babies. if there are so many babies in the world without food , give your money...

So ur answer....

World's Population has Skyrocketed.....SO WHAT?!

There are Kids Who are Starving around the Globe, Espicially India. ...SO WHAT?!

THere are billions of orphans....SO WHAT?!

Hmm....:roll: So ur answer to the world's probs = So What?

And ur answer to the Hub's Issues = WHo Cares....:?

Anywayz,
One person helping the orphans isn't enough.....:cry: would u like to pitch in?! :D

I guess expecting u to help anyone would be asking too much! :cry:

Anywayz, have fun posting ur "SO What's" and "Who Cares" Posts @ the hub! :2thumbsup:

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:16 AM
Surya well in my opinion there are two things that might decide if a person wants a baby or not.

Person who loves children alot
This people are comfortable with either adopted or bloodline carriers(their children). They are usually very soft and enthusiastic when it comes to bearing children and they usually view children as the gift of god or a proud thing to be of so they will usually go ahead in having children. Usually they are not very general minded as in watch the worlds population and are abit more concerned about the state of poor children.

Person who is more general minded
These people may or may not love children but see bearing children in line with how things are at the family,career and in the world. That means if the population is skyrocketing they might not go for alot or rather prefer having a child/children after establishing themselves in workplaces.

Person who does not see marriage as a gateway to children
These are the rare instance of where there are single mothers/fathers who adopt children and live their lives caring for them and at the same time earning through their living. The likeliness of singular parenthood with non biological child or adopted child is also increasing.

One thing Surya that we have to understand is that bearing kids or adopting them depends on the character of the person. If the person wants to have joy having a baby in their hands by going through pregnancy usually seeing as their own blood then having children will occur. If the person is not particular about bloodline then adopting will also occur. Even though you might think adopting is a better option if or when you marry you will realise that you too will wish to have a child of your own blood which at times may be "forced" when you see a father and a mother cuddling their newborn baby.

I tend to see babies as babies. Doesn't matter if they're my blood or the blood of someone i don't know...but see what ur point is! :D

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:22 AM
as u might know..............i will adopt kids, not one but as much as possible!
as u mentioned i believe that having kids is a bit selfish act. when there r lots of orphans around us., :redjump: :thumbsup:

i know that i cant expect everyone to feel the same way as i does,
Yeah...:(

but adopting kids is the only way to eradicate the word "orphan".

Bullseye!! 8-)

i am not so into the orphans in india, but i am going to adopt kids from my country, not coz they r starving but they have lost their parents b'coz of selfish and stupid acts of we adults in the name of war and race.............and its my duty to give them shelter, care and love........which God has given me!

Very Admirable! :D :clap:

a baby is a baby.................right, but some ppl feel that thay cant have strong connection to the adopted one, f.ins my mother. she is so much against adopting. she thinks i can never take care of a child which is not my own :roll:

:o :omg:

God knows, but i have a strong will to adopt kids, which i will when i get a bit older and got a job! :)

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: Awesome!! :D

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:27 AM
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Surya, i wish neither to have a child nor to adopt a child.This is my thought.But my partner's point of view may be different and I can't neglect her views;that would be a collective decision.

According to me, one can have as much children he/she wishes either by giving birth or adopting.But he/she must be in a position to provide sound physical and mental health to the children.If brought up in such a way certainly those children are going to be the much needed assets of this society.This society is in need of such Healthy Minds.

I don't think it's a sin/selfish act to have a child when many children are born as poor.

If the world population as a whole and total produce from all parts of the world are considered together, the word POVERTY can be removed from dictionaries..To be precise, all materials that have so far been produced will be suffice for atleast two earths, if utilized optimally.The consumption levels of the developed and developing nations are HUGE.

Dresses,Electricity,footwear,cosmetics, food....everything we consume is many times higher than the basic need.We go on increase our comfort levels.We purchase and consume more than what we need .It's a fact ....By doing so, we are looting the share of our fellow world citizens
(WE I mean here is every member of the human society)

It's suffice, we reduce our consumption and share what we have in excess, with the have - nots; No need to reduce the Population.

Interesting way to look @ it! :D Makes sense! 8-)

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:30 AM

Don't worry Gundooz!!! As long as we have various rachels floating around with one liners like "So What" and "who cares" that will never happen. :2thumbsup: :cry2:

:poke:

Tia
15th August 2006, 01:08 AM
lolzzz buh right atm the worlds population is goin 2222 big! :| especially in china n india so yeah maybe adoption wud be a gd idea buh sum ppl jus lyk to hav own kids i guess :huh:

Don't worry Gundooz!!! As long as we have various rachels floating around with one liners like "So What" and "who cares" that will never happen. :2thumbsup: :cry2:

:poke:

rachel
15th August 2006, 03:13 AM
it seems surya is going to save all the children around the world :D :D

.. i think he must be some messiah sent by god.... :roll: :roll:

Surya
15th August 2006, 03:17 AM

Well what can I say....I hate to brag! :mrgreen: :boo:

rachel
15th August 2006, 03:25 AM
Kitta thitta...

Chicks....Hmm....that's always an entertaining thing to talk about!

Demographics of Hot Chicks around the Globe:

Mumbai!

Delhi

Karachi!!! (They're so hot! I just got aquainted with a few new classmates, they're gonna be in my classes this forthcoming year starting in a couple weeks, and they're 2 of them are from Lahore and 5 of them are from Karachi! I can already tell, that this year is gonna be great! )

Brazil -

Iran - Persian Girls are proly amoung the hottest around the globe!

but the person who feels sorry for poor and parentless children ...will he talk like this? :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:

Surya
15th August 2006, 03:28 AM
Kitta thitta...

Chicks....Hmm....that's always an entertaining thing to talk about!

Demographics of Hot Chicks around the Globe:

Mumbai!

Delhi

Karachi!!! (They're so hot! I just got aquainted with a few new classmates, they're gonna be in my classes this forthcoming year starting in a couple weeks, and they're 2 of them are from Lahore and 5 of them are from Karachi! I can already tell, that this year is gonna be great! )

Brazil -

Iran - Persian Girls are proly amoung the hottest around the globe!

but the person who feels sorry for poor and parentless children ...will he talk like this? :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:

So one has to not like girls in order to care for and adopt orphaned and poor children? :roll: :confused2: I don't see the connection...:?

I don't see anything wrong in complimenting pretty women...and I don't see what that has to do with anything here...:huh: So what is ur point?! :roll: :idontgetit:

rachel
15th August 2006, 03:34 AM
the person who wants to save innocent children should have good moral values...you should not think about girls in that way...you should dedicate your wholelife saving children...

i don't think you can be trusted with children .... :lol:

Surya
15th August 2006, 03:36 AM
the person who wants to save innocent children should have good moral values...you should not think about girls in that way...you should dedicate your wholelife saving children...

i don't think you can be trusted with children .... :lol:

A person who wants to *ahem Note* HELP *ahem End Note* innocent children just needs to be a human being...:confused2:

and since when do u think that saying "Persian girls are hot" is being immoral? :lol:

So I guess accroding to u Only sanyasies can adopt children? :confused2:

Aren't u the same rachel who said that boys should abandon their parents after they get married? U seem lost in ur ideas about moral values. :poke:

rachel
15th August 2006, 05:06 AM
what will happen to your adopted children if you run away with every pretty girls?

i didn't say married guys should abandon their parents..i said they should grow up... should stop listening to their parents each time after they have grown up and they should balance their married life with their parents..

they should not get married until they are able to take decisions in life

Surya
15th August 2006, 05:27 AM
what will happen to your adopted children if you run away with every pretty girls?

I don't see how u get "running away with girls" from that post about "Demographics of Hot Chicks" :confused2:

There's a fine line between Flirtatious Behavior/Dating, and Running Away. 8-)

But then again...I wouldn't be flirting with girls as much, if my time is consumed by taking care of kids! :wink:

Agreed with the rest of ur post. 8-)

rachel
15th August 2006, 05:33 AM
//But then again...I wouldn't be flirting with girls as much, if my time is consumed by taking care of kids! //

when is it going to happen?

Surya
15th August 2006, 05:36 AM
//But then again...I wouldn't be flirting with girls as much, if my time is consumed by taking care of kids! //

When am I gonna stop flirting? When I adopt kids...when am I gonna adopt kids? Depends on where life takes me! 8-)

For Ex: 6 years later when I'm 25, if I'm @ a Stable Job with a good pay, then I might do it then. But if I get drafted (meaning I don't have a choice but to Join the Marines) and I'm in the Sahara Dessert with an M16 Automatic Machine Gun with a Laser Pointer, hunting down Terrorists for the US, then it's gonna take longer. :P

But where ever I go, adoption is something I will end up doing no matter what! :P

rachel
15th August 2006, 05:40 AM

When am I gonna stop flirting? When I adopt kids...when am I gonna adopt kids? Depends on where life takes me! 8-)

For Ex: 6 years later when I'm 25, if I'm @ a Stable Job with a good pay, then I might do it then. But if I get drafted and I'm in the Sahara Dessert with an M16 Rifle, hunting down Terrorists for the US, then it's gonna take longer. :P

But where ever I go, adoption is something I will end up doing no matter what! :P

can you stop your ridiculous lies? why can't :evil: you be honest?

Surya
15th August 2006, 05:42 AM
Why don't u just come out with what ur trying to say? :lol: What lies? :confused2:

What is so ridiculous about adopting a child? Does it really seem like something that is soo impossible or farfetched? :? Is that why you wouldn't go for that option? :wink:

Just cause u don't have the heart to adopt kids doesn't mean other don't!? :poke: Infact, most hubbers in this thread have said that they would like to adopt kids. :D :2thumbsup:

Badri
15th August 2006, 06:29 AM
Hmm, little did I even dream that even a thread like this can become a source of squabbles!!!

The Hub sure keeps everyone entertained!

Hey, kids...grow up. Surya has a right to think adoption will make him a messiah, as much as Rachel has the right to think anyone who says that is a liar.

But please keep these opinions about others to yourself. Share what you feel about the topic here, not what you feel about other hubbers

Surya
15th August 2006, 06:31 AM
Hey, kids...grow up. Surya has a right to think adoption will make him a messiah

Oh My 4 Offspring of Anubus!! :cry: I never said that! :cry:

But please keep these opinions about others to yourself. Share what you feel about the topic here, not what you feel about other hubbers

:notworthy: Jai Shree Ram To That! 8-)

Hulkster
15th August 2006, 06:33 AM
Surya btw that was my opinion of why people either adopt or want to have their babies...i actually will try to adopt babies from all races...soon you will see the stable of hougang chandrasehar right from an indian to the chinese to the persian to the arabian to everywhere...naan thaan universal chandrasehar aachae :notworthy:

Surya
15th August 2006, 06:34 AM
:notworthy: Neega thaan Kallu my Socks!!! 8-)

Hulkster
15th August 2006, 06:39 AM
Socksu thavirae ungalakku vera itemae kideiyaatha? :angry2:

m_23_bayarea
15th August 2006, 06:40 AM
Surya, Your poll options suggest as if having kids is a CRIME !!! :o :?

I think it's a great thing to have kids and family !! :D

rachel
15th August 2006, 06:47 AM
Socksu thavirae ungalakku vera itemae kideiyaatha? :angry2:

he only wears socks..nothing else.... :lol:

rachel
15th August 2006, 06:49 AM
Surya btw that was my opinion of why people either adopt or want to have their babies...i actually will try to adopt babies from all races...soon you will see the stable of hougang chandrasehar right from an indian to the chinese to the persian to the arabian to everywhere...naan thaan universal chandrasehar aachae :notworthy:

so...you adopt all the children :) ....so that problem will be solved :D ..we can have our babies... :lol:

rachel
15th August 2006, 06:50 AM

I think it's a great thing to have kids and family !! :D

kaluthaigalukku(sur## and HUL#) theriyuma karpoora vasanai :lol: :lol:

Badri
15th August 2006, 06:51 AM

I totally agree with that.

The poll is highly biased and therefore not worthy of being a poll, actually! It is more like "My way or the highway"

rachel
15th August 2006, 06:52 AM
:musicsmile:

rachel
15th August 2006, 06:53 AM

I totally agree with that.

The poll is highly biased and therefore not worthy of being a poll, actually! It is more like "My way or the highway"

badri sir... surya is a fraudu.... :oops:

Badri
15th August 2006, 06:54 AM
Rachel...I just now told you both off for doing this!!!! And you still persist!!!

Desist from such personal allegations and slurs, please.

rachel
15th August 2006, 07:01 AM
Rachel...I just now told you both off for doing this!!!! And you still persist!!!

:shock: badri...neenga kooda seriyana fraud ah irukkingala..... :shock:

did i attack surya personally? :? he wrote that he is going to adopt kids..then he says he is going to desert with gun... don't you think it's ridiculous? :?

Badri
15th August 2006, 07:10 AM

did i attack surya personally? :? he wrote that he is going to adopt kids..then he says he is going to desert with gun... don't you think it's ridiculous? :?

Rachel...go and read his post clearly first, before you comment. He has said if he can adopt when he is 25, he will. But if at 25, he has to go off to military duty, then he will adopt after he comes back!!

He was trying to talk about the unpredictability of the future events, while stressing that there will be no change to his ultimate decision of adopting.

:banghead:

ssanjinika
15th August 2006, 08:02 AM
I side with Anou! I would love to adopt a child and my hubby is also of the same view but we would also love to have a child of our own..hmm..lets see what the future holds

Sanguine Sridhar
15th August 2006, 08:38 AM
Whats wrong in having (a) kid? Everybody loves to see his/her own blood! Thats obvious, Just for argument many of them here have said something.But to do it practically..Hmm you need guts!

Lambretta
15th August 2006, 11:14 AM
:shock: :lol:
Seri gundoo, appidi-na nee perivo anathuk-approm poyi world poplne kapathu! :wink: :poke: :lol:

Lambretta
15th August 2006, 11:16 AM

Well what can I say....I hate to brag! :mrgreen: :boo:
:lol: :lol:

bingleguy
15th August 2006, 12:39 PM

Well :roll: something that can be given a thought about !

Thrusting upon ur primary Q ........

Is our primary idea to give a STOP to this world :-) ? i mean to bring a stage where nothing after us ????? is that the way to reduce the population ... If Ys .... then wat we are planning to do, is not to reduce but to completely wipe off the human race ... dont u think ...
Say at this instant, we all decide to STOP birth ..... then the babies who were born at this instant be final buds in this world ... say they live for 100 years .... after their death ????????????? is that our plan ... ? just beasts again :-) would be there in this world !

NO ...

So wiping off is not gonna be our way of doin it .........

Well ........ our next option is that ... we are goin to have control ! but wat is the number ......... In the last 100 years ... India have brought upon the concept of birth control ....

We two ours three ........
We two ours Two .........
We two ours One .......

In our generation ... we might have seen atleast two of it .... ie this all happenned in the gap of 30 years ! isnt it ... now ppl are coming up with one more .....

We ourselves are child to each other .. Why another !?

:shock: doesnt this lead to the first point ?? :shock:

Adopting ....... hmn ... seems to be a good option ! but when does it happen ... the way, a child is orphaned .... then u have this option ...... If in todays world everybody adopts then wat is the guarantee that orphaning the child would not happen in the future !

I believe we should work upon children not being orphaned ...coz adoption now is not gonna STOP this brutal act !

Lets think on the option of STOPing the very action of orphaning the child ........ that would automatically give a better solution, though not immediately ........ but definitely in the future ... at that point of time .... ONE for a family would be the BETTER OPTION to continue ..........

Tia
16th August 2006, 12:15 AM
errr
:roll: :confused2: so u want me to start a thread against this? :huh:

:shock: :lol:
Seri gundoo, appidi-na nee perivo anathuk-approm poyi world poplne kapathu! :wink: :poke: :lol:

Tia
16th August 2006, 12:16 AM
"I don't know if I"ll adopt, but I'll not have kids. (Nallathu sieyala naalum, kettadhu sieyya maatean.)"

does that mean havin kids is a bad thing?
:roll: :confused2:

Surya
16th August 2006, 12:59 AM

Rachel...go and read his post clearly first, before you comment. He has said if he can adopt when he is 25, he will. But if at 25, he has to go off to military duty, then he will adopt after he comes back!!

He was trying to talk about the unpredictability of the future events, while stressing that there will be no change to his ultimate decision of adopting.

THANK YOU BADRI FOR CLEARING THAT UP!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Exactly...:banghead:

Surya
16th August 2006, 01:02 AM
Bay,

8-)

I apologize for having that bias poll. :P Badri, u can delete the brackets in the 2nd option and alter the third option if that'd be better! :D

Surya
16th August 2006, 01:23 AM
Is our primary idea to give a STOP to this world Smile ? i mean to bring a stage where nothing after us ????? is that the way to reduce the population ... If Ys .... then wat we are planning to do, is not to reduce but to completely wipe off the human race ... dont u think ...
Say at this instant, we all decide to STOP birth ..... then the babies who were born at this instant be final buds in this world ... say they live for 100 years .... after their death ????????????? is that our plan ... ? just beasts again Smile would be there in this world !

Bingle!! :D

Well, I'd like to recall something that happened in China. As we all know CHina's population has skyrocketed, and they had strong limits on the number of babies per family etc. Which effectivly caused a decline in their population (sadly these things never work in India. :cry: ) But recently, the Chinese govt (if I remember correctly) has taken initiative to encourage Chinese Couples to Have 2 Children. (remember, before it was Strictly One) The Reason this initiative has been taken by the Govt is because China's Economy enormously depends on it's Labour Force.

Now that millions of sibling-less people in China are now young adults in or nearing their child-bearing years, a special provision allows millions of couples to have two children legally. If a couple is composed of two people without siblings, then they may have two children of their own, thus preventing too dramatic of a population decrease.

SOURCE: http://geography.about.com/od/populationgeography/a/onechild.htm

I don't think that "Putting a Fullstop to the Human Race, is anything that we'd be dealing with Anywhere in the Near Future. :D If there is a decline in thw world's population, the respective Govt's will make sure that it stays stable. Which it is not now! :D

I believe we should work upon children not being orphaned ...coz adoption now is not gonna STOP this brutal act !

Agreed, but it will Help a GREAT DEAL for the children.

What Ideas would u put forth, in order to stop the brutal act. :D

Badri
16th August 2006, 07:13 AM
Bay,

8-)

I apologize for having that bias poll. :P Badri, u can delete the brackets in the 2nd option and alter the third option if that'd be better! :D

Done.

solona
16th August 2006, 11:12 AM
Surya,

Naanum 19 vayasil unnai madiri paesinava than, now in my late 20's my vision has completely changed. I was never really maternal, I have already seen many of my friends (childhood and teenage) running towards babies, carrying them , kissing etc. I was never able to do that. I used to tell when I get married I will never have kids but will open an orphanage with nurses etc to help street kids appadi ippadi nu. When I fell pregnant too I was not that excited (it was my hubby who badly wanted a baby)

When the nurse at the maternity gave my daughter in my hands (you should have seen many tamil films) I cannot explain what sort of emotion it was (sure positive) you have live that moment to find out how wonderful it is. Now I can tell you I can die for my daughter , athu than thai pasam, she is the first priority in my life (before my father, mother, husband and my selves)

You have to live that at least once!

But now I think twice before adoption, I will sure show at least difference between my blood and the adopted child. So I pushed the adoption plans until atleast I am 40 my children(I plan to have another one) I will have more time to dedicate and children will be big.

I don't know if I am right I wrong but that is the way I want it to be. At 19 you plan and project your life in eastman colours at 25 you realise that life is not a eastman projection at 30 you get the confirmation resign your dreams and live the life given to you.

temporary sori-Observer
16th August 2006, 07:56 PM
At 19 you plan and project your life in eastman colours at 25 you realise
[tscii:1794c0a6db]þǨÁ ±øÄ¡õ ¦ÅÚõ ¸É×ÁÂõ
«¾¢ø Á¨Èó¾Ð º¢Ä¸¡Äõ.
¦¾Ç¢×õ «È¢Â¡Ð, ÓÊ×õ ¦¾Ã¢Â¡Ð
ÁÂíÌÐ ±¾¢÷¸¡Äõ :cry: :cry: [/tscii:1794c0a6db]

dsath
16th August 2006, 10:38 PM
I agree with Solona's view. I am one of those who never thought will have children adopted or own, but ended up having 2. Many of my friends think its strange for me to have children and wonder how i look after them. Often i get statements like 'how are YOU managing?' !
Adopting children requires a lot of courage, maturity, sincerity and trust on yourself and your partner. Most people who do adopt, do for a selfish reason (not being able to have one of their own). Very few adopt to give a better life to a child, some of us who don't do that, end up donating money to Oxfam.

Surya
17th August 2006, 12:15 AM
Solona,

I wanted to say that earlier, but didn't....

Exactly, any dreams of adopting after u giving birth to ur own baby is just something that isn't realistic..:( That's why if anyone wants to adopt, they oughta be absolutley sure that they will not have one of their own. :) If they do, then in the best interest of the child, it'd probably be better to donate money to Oxfam like Dsath said. :)

At 19 you plan and project your life in eastman colours at 25 you realise that life is not a eastman projection at 30 you get the confirmation resign your dreams and live the life given to you.

I still think that ur life is always in ur hands...when you're single. Once one gets married, a lot of their freedom and liberties in life is cut short. Every decision, big or small, involves their spouce. Many people here said that they would like to adopt, but their spouce wants or might want a child, so they did or will end up having a child of their own.

I think that one's life can still be in Eastman coulours if they stay single and have the freedom to mold their life into what they want. Of course some of that eastman color is going to fade away, when they get involved in a Long Term commitment like adopting a child, that's another decision that the person will have to take. :)

solona
17th August 2006, 02:55 AM
Surya,

Once again not that you decide your life that you will have it in eastman colours. I can give you 4 examples
My SIL's who were all european born and bred
the were always free to do and plan their lives
the eldest has a live in relationship with an asian guy her daughter is brought up by my MIL. I really never understood their relationship she goes out alone and the hubby does the same. She is jealous and is always fighting with him asking who was on phone etc etc
The second one is married to an european 20 years older, I cannot tell that she leads a happy life. In a few years he will retire and she will be still young.
The third one got married at the same time as me, got divorced one year later (she was pregnant at that time) got into 2 live in relationship, is in war with my MIL who is Indian and can never accept that. Her son is a mentally disturbed kid has a lots of problem at school.
The last one is more than 30 and is still sigle living alone in apt, yeah she goes out lives life at fullest (for how long yet) shecannot plan anything beyond 3 months
My hubby and myselves (TOUCHWOOD) lead a beautiful life, we respect and love each oher, i have 100% liberty(as he is european characterwise) to do whatever I want which I never abuse as I love him. He is stable and serious person which is what you really serach for at my age. We go out voyage enjoy life at fullest but TOGATHER!
You know surya, this yearning to stay single choose your life no commitment stuff etc is so exciting when you are in teenage under the clutches (more or less) of your parents but at 30 you will search for an certain stability and peacefullness in life which only a commitment and kids can give you.
My parents were sooooooooooo strict that I told the samething as you when I was 20, now I have a completely opposite attitude towards life

Surya
17th August 2006, 03:49 AM
I guess it really depends on the person. Some ppl feel that they need some marriage or children to live their life, and to make it look meaningful. Some ppl are perfect marriage products. Some are just not that way. For ex. I fall in the second category. I don't think that I'm marriage material. Marriage takes a lot of tolerence and compromise, and that's something that i don't have in that area of life. I have some opinions, ideas which I know I will not change for anyone. I have some habits which i wil not change for anyone. I have some pet peves, which I really cannot stand. And I know in order to be in a marriage, one has to comprimise. and there are some things which i know that i cannot comprimise in. In front of freinds, it's a completly different story. I have a very diversed group of friends, everyone with their own things, many which i don't agree with, but they're still good friends. I can put up with that. But that isn't the case with a wife charecter. Basically, I will not even change anything as small as a grain of sand in me for anyone who is supposed to be a spouce. I don't expect anyone to change themselves for me either. Which is exactly why I think that i'm not for marriage. We either get along, or we don't. If we do, then great, if not, then too bad, I hope we can be friends. That's how I see it. So I think that some...many ppl are good for marriage some aren't. :)

U can find millions of ppl who are bored out of their minds, frustrated, who just want to leave, but cannot because they have commitments in life (married). U can also find millions who are single and feel like their life is meaningless. :) There aer both sides to the coin. U can find millions who are happily married, u can find millions who are happily single.

Both my uncles, (both, thats wierd) are single, and both are in their early/mid forties. My Uncle from my mom's side, has a stable job, good pay, lives in San Francisco (Party City) and just living his life to the fullest. He parties like 3 nights a week, he's had a lot of women in his life, none of whom he has been committed to. None of whom he has kept in touch with for more than 6 months. And he's happy, he still loves his life. (Obviously always frowned upon in the Family :cry2:) He often compares himself to his friend, who got married when he was 28, and that guy is has the most miserable life anyone can imagine. His wife was probably created when Brahma had a migrane or something. So Obnoxious, So Inconsiderate, So Rude. He just wants to leave, but can't because his children have just entered High School. He's gotta make sure taht they finish College etc. And my Uncle has the life that many dream of. That's one way to live if you're single. My other Uncle from my Pop's Side, lives in Maharashtra, stable job, good pay, never got married, and recently got into a rightist Political Party. And he claims that if he had gotten married, he would never have had time for his social work etc. that's another way to live life as a single person. My point is that one doesn't need marriage to make their life feel like it's worth anything, and some ppl are just not built for marriage.....

My parents were sooooooooooo strict that I told the samething as you when I was 20,

Gladly I've settled taht with my peeps. :2thumbsup: Everything that I've done in my life, is what they've told me to do. Things ranging from having my Upanayanam when I was 14, Doing Sandyavandhanam 3 times a day, chanting Gayitri Mantra, etc to choosing the Medical Field for my majour. It has all been their choice, and I told them, that marriage will be one thing that they will not have a say in. They should not force me to get married, but if I meet someone whom i want to marry, then it will only be with their approval.

wow....we drove off the ramp and landed in a lake....:roll: (digressed)........

Chumma Sastrathukkaage thread-oda topicle onnu solren...

- Adopt Children. Try Convincing ur Spouce (if they dont' agree) to adopt children. :P

Badri
17th August 2006, 06:08 AM
Surya: I see two main objections to your decision of adopting.

1. If you plan to remain single, then you are depriving the child of maternal love and care. Can that be your decision to make? Can you decide that the child you will adopt should not know a mother's love?

2. If you plan to marry, and have yet already taken a decision to adopt, are you giving due consideration to the woman you'd be married to? What about her wishes? What if she doesnt want to adopt, and have her own kids?

pavalamani pragasam
17th August 2006, 09:37 AM
Very pertinent questions, badri! :ty:

Surya
17th August 2006, 11:17 PM
Badri, :D

1) Marriage is something that I think I would never go into...unless i find someone who I can put up with, and someone who can put up with me :P for the rest of our lives. Now depriving a child from his or her Motherly Love...I think that most kids now-a-days are missing that to begin with since plenty of children have working moms, and live in single parent families. I might be wrong there, working/single moms might be just as good mothers as home makers. But I think that as an Adopted Father, the best that I can do, is provide them with the resources that they need to suceed in life, which they might have missed otherwise, and be someone that they can depend on and look up to when they need help. And I"m sure that I"ll do that to teh best of my ability. :D

2) I don't think I'd ever be attracted to anyone enough to marry them, when they are selfish (just my opinion) enough to bring a new life into this world, when there are millions dying. But hypathetically lets say that I did want to marry a chick who wanted her own child...that's such an obscure thought...it'd be like asking me "if u were to convert to islam @ some point in ur life, what would u do to the Aum Tatoo on ur forearm" @ this point, it just seems sooo far off...but if it were to happen, I'd have to make a decision. Would I be happy to deal with something that I feel guilty for for the rest of my life? But I should also be considerate to my future spouce's wishes, so should I comprimise and live with it? I'm not sure just yet. But either way, @ this point, I think that I'd most probably try to convince her, if I cannot, I might get out of it. I don't see myself living the bulk of my life, regretting something that I did.

So most probably, if she can't be convinced, I'd back off and say "I'm srry, I can't bring a new thing into this world that I don't completly want, live with that decision for the rest of my life, Give up something that I've believed in for most my life, all JUST BECAUSE I want to live with you. I just feel it isn't worth it, I hope we can be friends" And I'd leave hoping that she'd still be my friend. :cry: :lol: :P

crazy
19th August 2006, 04:10 PM
as u mentioned i believe that having kids is a bit selfish act. when there r lots of orphans around us., :redjump: :thumbsup:

i know that i cant expect everyone to feel the same way as i does,
Yeah...:(

but adopting kids is the only way to eradicate the word "orphan".

Bullseye!! 8-)

i am not so into the orphans in india, but i am going to adopt kids from my country, not coz they r starving but they have lost their parents b'coz of selfish and stupid acts of we adults in the name of war and race.............and its my duty to give them shelter, care and love........which God has given me!

Very Admirable! :D :clap:

a baby is a baby.................right, but some ppl feel that thay cant have strong connection to the adopted one, f.ins my mother. she is so much against adopting. she thinks i can never take care of a child which is not my own :roll:

:o :omg:

God knows, but i have a strong will to adopt kids, which i will when i get a bit older and got a job! :)

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: Awesome!! :D

:notworthy:

surya
i have already had this conversation with u for some months or weeks ago, but since its about adopting kids i just felt to say again..............
ur opinion on adopting kids is indeed a very good thought, DONT GIVE UP!
Hopefully i wont GIVE UP either.
unfortunately i can only file for adopting kids in SL when i got a spouse...........i wish they could change their law or sth and make it easier for singles to adopt!

crazy
19th August 2006, 04:11 PM
So most probably, if she can't be convinced, I'd back off and say "I'm srry, I can't bring a new thing into this world that I don't completly want, live with that decision for the rest of my life, Give up something that I've believed in for most my life, all JUST BECAUSE I want to live with you. I just feel it isn't worth it, I hope we can be friends" And I'd leave hoping that she'd still be my friend. :cry: :lol: :P

:thumbsup:

selvakumar
19th August 2006, 08:16 PM
Surya :roll: :lol:

I guess your next thread will be either on Divorce or polygamy :lol: J/K

Lambretta
19th August 2006, 08:21 PM
*dig: J/K = joke? :roll:

/dig

rachel
20th August 2006, 09:27 AM
surya ikku

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :argh:

rubbish... :hammer: :argh: :hammer:

selvakumar
20th August 2006, 12:08 PM
*dig: J/K = joke? :roll:

/dig

Just kidding :wink: :P

villan007
20th August 2006, 12:25 PM
surya ikku

:shock:

ramky
21st August 2006, 01:12 AM
Surya: Mine would be similar to Lamby's view... I would love to adopt (only)

Anoush,
Unga posting-ukku keezhe 'blood is thicker than water'-nu pOttirukkE? :D

tos: :) yes-ungO pOtiruku :) but yaaru blood-nu sollalaye :) I remember expressing my views on adoption ages ago in some other thread! :)

:roll:

mokshani
21st August 2006, 06:32 AM
Hi guys! Iam mokshani, Nice opinions and views about adoption, i get to know all kinds of views abt adoption through this thread. I live in USA, myself and my husband wants to adopt a child from india legally. But in india the government agency have stopped inter country adoption, that is.... they wont give adoption to other country citizens and all the private orphanages were takenover by the govt. My husband is US citizen and iam a green card holder, it is a gr8 disappointment to us. Any good advices appreciated. Thanx.

rachel
21st August 2006, 07:29 AM
Hi guys! Iam mokshani, Nice opinions and views about adoption, i get to know all kinds of views abt adoption through this thread. I live in USA, myself and my husband wants to adopt a child from india legally. But in india the government agency have stopped inter country adoption, that is.... they wont give adoption to other country citizens and all the private orphanages were takenover by the govt. My husband is US citizen and iam a green card holder, it is a gr8 disappointment to us. Any good advices appreciated. Thanx.

go and live in india..... :) children in india need you guys... :)

mokshani
21st August 2006, 07:44 AM
I guess thats the only option we have now. We have to show 2 years income in INdia to be approved. It will be little hard for my husband as he was bought up here :)

rachel
21st August 2006, 10:51 AM
I guess thats the only option we have now. We have to show 2 years income in INdia to be approved. It will be little hard for my husband as he was bought up here :)

you should not worry about ur husband. saving vulnerable children are important

Badri
21st August 2006, 10:56 AM
Rachel! :notthatway:

Although I must admit, that was a nice way to highlight the different other aspects involved!! :)

rachel
21st August 2006, 11:07 AM
Rachel! :notthatway:

Although I must admit, that was a nice way to highlight the different other aspects involved!! :)

:angry2:

Badri
21st August 2006, 11:09 AM
I was complimenting you, Rachel!!!

rachel
21st August 2006, 11:12 AM
oh.really..but not exactly...then why this emoticon :notthatway:

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 11:15 AM
I think he means ignoring your husband's dilemma and just go to india to adopt children might seem a hasty and unthoughful decision.

rachel
21st August 2006, 11:19 AM
I think he means ignoring your husband's dilemma and just go to india to adopt children might seem a hasty and unthoughful decision.

both want to adopt children..then what's the problem :? .....people who want to save innocent children should not worry about moving to india .

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 11:24 AM
Surya one thing we all must know that every person born in this world is a unique individual in their own right. They will have different perceptions to issues like this.

Both adopting children and having your own children is no wrong...creating children is God's own gift to us and at the same time we must also hinder people from throwing away their young. Adopting orphans may be a good alternate solution but not the proper one. Here is a list of what can be done.

Parental Advisory Course
Only have children if you need to and try not to have too much children if you cant afford to bring them up etc.

Each one follows suit
What this means is if one tries to think wisely (a poor couple for example) and have only two children then others might be inspired and follow suit which in turn will decrease the burden of having orphans in the country.

Guardians
Do not just put a kid into an orphanage just because he does not have parents. Try to find his nearest relatives grandparents etc (with DNA matching this is possible) if not we can resort to adoption.

As for having kids,adopting them as a personal issue there is no flaw here as both are in no wrong and are acceptable. So in this case we cant have a say to do this or to do that...Having kids is a personal trait or joy of life...there will neva be wrong in having them either by birth or by adopting unless there are situational issues.

rachel
21st August 2006, 11:32 AM
creating children is God's own gift to us

what??????????????? :shock:

Lambretta
21st August 2006, 12:21 PM

both want to adopt children..then what's the problem :? .....people who want to save innocent children should not worry about moving to india .
:roll:
Ohhh....try to understand, her hubby will hav a tough time finding a LIVING in India as he was broughtup/educated in the US.....(its literally impossible to find jobs in India w/ foreign degrees..... :()
So how cud they bring up a child in India if they cant even hav an income to support themselves here?? :banghead:
Unless he cud set up a biz. of his own here........ :wink:
*dig
I heard of this German guy who owns a couple of resorts in Goa (no idea wher exactly)....he buys old Herald cars from Pune/other states & gives them out on hire to tourists staying in his resort.... :)
/dig

Lambretta
21st August 2006, 12:25 PM
Guardians
Do not just put a kid into an orphanage just because he does not have parents. Try to find his nearest relatives grandparents etc (with DNA matching this is possible) if not we can resort to adoption.
But how to locate grandparents/relatives for a child who's randomly found abandoned usually by an anonymous person?? U cudnt go around taking DNAs of every living person in the country...! :? :roll:

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 07:23 PM
Lamby I believe they have a DNA database in the country...if not then we have to cancel this option and wait till the next einstein finds a way to test DNA without going to every living person and plucking his/her hair. :exactly:

Surya
21st August 2006, 11:04 PM
Surya :roll: :lol:

I guess your next thread will be either on Divorce or polygamy :lol: J/K

WHOA?!?! :shock: :cry2: I'm against Polygamy! :roll: ANd I hate Divorces! That's why I was advocating living together before marriage, since there are less chances for a divorce! :huh: :P

Selva, Attagasam poyi, Paramasivan and THirupathi Hit aaitu, ippo aalwar stills kooda vanthachu! Innum attagasam avatarliye irrukeengale..:P Latesta onnu podunge! :wink: :P

Surya
21st August 2006, 11:05 PM
Ohhh....try to understand, her hubby will hav a tough time finding a LIVING in India as he was broughtup/educated in the US.....(its literally impossible to find jobs in India w/ foreign degrees..... :()

What?? :shock: I thought it's easy to get a job if one has a degree from a prestegious university from the US...:shock:

Surya
21st August 2006, 11:07 PM

That's GREAT!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

If ur a greencard holder...then ur still an indian citizen right? Adopted children can't leave the nation according to Indian Adoption laws?

Surya
21st August 2006, 11:09 PM
surya ikku

:shock:

Posting emoticons and one liners....ithule enna shock?! :huh:

mokshani
21st August 2006, 11:16 PM
Hi guys! wow.... lot of conversation abt moving to india ahh :) !!! Thanx for the suggestions and iam glad i get to know the views around.
Yes Lambretta! Thats exactly what i was thinking, 1. having bought up in USA and lived all through his 32 years here, he finds difficult to understand the indian society and mingle with people there. He had visited india thrice for 2 week, he liked it because he was on vacation. He has language problem and he never was alone there without me.
2. Finding a job and adjusting to the job environment.
3. Visa: he is a USA citizen, so he will be allowed to stay in india for only 6 months and he has to come back to USA to renew his visa.
4. Thats going to be lot of expenses going back and forth from India to USA.
We really wanted to make some decision abt adoption, but lot of legal issues, formalities driving us crazy. By the way, my husband's whole family is settled in USA. IT is a big decision to be made to move to india.

mokshani
21st August 2006, 11:25 PM

That's GREAT!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

If ur a greencard holder...then ur still an indian citizen right? Adopted children can't leave the nation according to Indian Adoption laws?

Yes Surya! i shld be resident of India to adopt a child. They r not allowing the child to go out of the country!!!

Lambretta
22nd August 2006, 12:04 AM
What?? :shock: I thought it's easy to get a job if one has a degree from a prestegious university from the US...:shock:
Maybe if its a degree jus for namesake & neednt hav nething to do w/ the kinda job u get (ther r many private ones, viz. call-centres...tat say its enuff if ur "a graduate"...:P :))
But y the shock machi?? U planning to move to India? Well, u did say u wanted to but I thot tat'll be like, way too long from now.....like, wen ur 'retired'.....! :))

Surya
22nd August 2006, 12:10 AM
surya
i have already had this conversation with u for some months or weeks ago, but since its about adopting kids i just felt to say again..............
ur opinion on adopting kids is indeed a very good thought, DONT GIVE UP!
Hopefully i wont GIVE UP either.
unfortunately i can only file for adopting kids in SL when i got a spouse...........i wish they could change their law or sth and make it easier for singles to adopt!

yeah I remember that. :)

Hmm...those seems like unfair laws....in both SL and in India, like Mokshani said, the child cannot leave the nation...

It's strange that they don't let singles adopt children... :?

Mokshani,
How do they monitor that to make sure the child doesn't leave the country?

mokshani
22nd August 2006, 12:33 AM
If anybody adopting a child from india, it has to go through the CARA Agency in Delhi. They have all the records of parents and the child, Where they reside, what is the source of income, nationality etc. After adoption there will be post adoption inspection, also, if we want to bring the child to USA, we have to apply for visa, where they will get all the info of residence. Govt is involved in all the aspects... they can findout easily. Thats y they r making sure the adoptees must be residents of india for 2 years minimum. After adoption, iam not sure how long we need to show the residency records.

Surya
22nd August 2006, 02:29 AM
Maybe if its a degree jus for namesake & neednt hav nething to do w/ the kinda job u get (ther r many private ones, viz. call-centres...tat say its enuff if ur "a graduate"...:P :))
But y the shock machi?? U planning to move to India? Well, u did say u wanted to but I thot tat'll be like, way too long from now.....like, wen ur 'retired'.....! :))

Oh...I was talking about MBA's from the US...:huh:

temporary sori-Observer
22nd August 2006, 06:19 AM
Yes Surya! i shld be resident of India to adopt a child. They r not allowing the child to go out of the country!!!
Mokshani,
These restrictions are needed to protect the poor children from exploitation. They can not simply hand over the children because someone from an advanced nation is willing to adopt. The children may be forced to become household servants, bonded laborers, or exploited!

Lambretta
22nd August 2006, 10:53 AM
Oh...I was talking about MBA's from the US...:huh:
Hmm......well, I wudnt want to digress in this thread but I'll jus conclude this- even if ur an MBA from abroad, if u got atleast a bach. degree from India & r returning after doing ur MBA abrod, its a different issue....:)

Lambretta
22nd August 2006, 10:55 AM
Mokshani,
These restrictions are needed to protect the poor children from exploitation. They can not simply hand over the children because someone from an advanced nation is willing to adopt. The children may be forced to become household servants, bonded laborers, or exploited!
:exactly:
*dig: Btw, TSO, surprised to see a post from u completely in English for a change! :D /dig

Surya
23rd August 2006, 01:15 AM
Mokshani,

:exactly: I guess these precautions are good even though it might make it harder for us NRI's to Adopt. Girls get "Adopted" and get sold in the Middle East as Sex Workers! :cry2:

I guess the only way for us to adopt from India would be to play by the rules, apply for the Visa, etc.

mokshani
24th August 2006, 03:54 AM
Thats True!! :)

Lambretta
24th August 2006, 01:17 PM
I guess the only way for us to adopt from India would be to play by the rules, apply for the Visa, etc.
Or find urself sum influencial bigshot/a couplea "friendly" local authorities who'd let u wangle the deal from India w/out playing by the rules, aplying for the visa etc..... :roll: :oops: