PDA

View Full Version : The Hub. New/Old.

Surya
16th December 2004, 08:01 AM
How long have you been coming here? What did you think?

I first time I posted here was about two years ago, I think. In the Old Hub. I liked it, been hooked on it ever since.

adsort
16th December 2004, 08:10 PM
I have been visiting this forum for about a month now, I feel this gives kind of home land feeling when I browse and read the messages from our fellow members.

It is in my favorite forum list now :)

SSathiya
16th December 2004, 11:21 PM
I started coming to the old hub a couple of months ago. Mainly because it had postings for serial updates. But then the old hub got changed around to what we have now. But i feel that ive been participating in more than the serial forums since it got to be this way.
Its my retreat from the hectic outside world. .... :D ..and i love the fact that everyone tries to develop eachothers knowledge on things.

Sandeep
16th December 2004, 11:57 PM
I started with the old hub one year back with the Indian film section. Then went to Indian history. I was never in the misc section of old hub. I used to post in various names (not with intension to cheat but I used to take a name relevent to the topic).

I like to come here because here I am able to discuss hat I want to discuss. It also enables me to socialice

Querida
17th December 2004, 01:00 AM
posted i think two years ago on mostly topics from misc. section...everyone already seemed to know everyone else..well got a reply alright but not appropriate to the comment i made....so left it at that...then just by chance checked again....during my search for more info on Mohan (not lal but the one in 80's movies) got directed to one of the posts made and found a new hub...so i thought what the heck...looks all new and more organized...so im not in a position to know how great the old hub was but the new hub i certainly do appreciate. :D

Surya
17th December 2004, 05:33 AM
Wow! I didn't even know that Sandeep and Q were Old Hubbers. Sandeep, different names huh, that's why I don't remember.

Querida,
What name did you post under, in the Old Hub? I've always been Surya.

Ssathiya,
Why aren't you participating in the thodar kadhai anymore?

Q & Sandeep,
When you have time, check out the Thodar Kadhai Thread, its fun. :lol:

SSathiya
17th December 2004, 09:59 AM
Hey Surya...
I sort of lost track of the story ...lol...
Ive been watching kanavarukaga cause the CD finally came and then some others so i havent had time to really think of what to write for the thodar kathai...
Dont worry...i will participate soon...

blahblah
17th December 2004, 11:52 AM
Well guys I too was there,on the old hub but I don't think many of you will recognise me.Because those days it was easy for anyone to post with any name on it and I was quite happy to take on casteist guys.

Surya
17th December 2004, 12:03 PM
blah blah,
What was ur ID in the old Hub?

blahblah
17th December 2004, 12:08 PM
You will see me by the name Jeril or Jeril James.Now,I can't take the secrets to my tomb. :lol: :wink:

Surya
17th December 2004, 11:44 PM
:lol:
Jeril James huh? ......kinda rings a bell, but also kinda doesn't. :?

blahblah
18th December 2004, 11:46 AM
N ever mind.I wasn't such a famous or controversial figure.Actually I was glad to stay away from the old hub for as long as I can.But you see,these are all some sort of addictions and you find it extremely difficult to root it out for ever. :wink:

davie
18th December 2004, 07:57 PM
If i were the moderator, i will shift all topic titles to the new forumhub, but i will not migrate all the postings (some postings are crapy)
but again it will make things difficult to control for the moderator, we had instances of this even in the past, the stuff is complicated

Querida
18th December 2004, 09:16 PM
Querida,
What name did you post under, in the Old Hub? I've always been Surya.

well i only posted like about once in two or three topics but posted under the same name...that's why you probably didn't come across any of my posts...im only so called 'devoted' now... :D

Surya
19th December 2004, 06:30 AM
:lol: @ blah & Querida.

Blah,
I agree. Not all forums are like the Hub. The hub has a tendency to get people 'devoted' to it. :)

Querida, so you've always been the darling of the hub?

PS: Nirosha, wherever you are, thanks for letting us know the meaning of her name. :D