PDA

View Full Version : Emttan Magan / Em. Magan - Vidyasagar

baba88
14th August 2006, 03:17 PM
Vidyasagar's Emttan Magan album is released now. What do you think of it ? I think it's not his best.

Emttan Mahan (2006) -

Actors : Bharath, Gopika
Director : Thirumurugan
Music Director : Vidya Sagar
Producer : Sathyajyothi Thyagarajan
Year : 2006

Kallori Generation Singer : Timmy, Vijay Yesudas
Koligundu Kannu Singer : Kalyani, Karthik
Mannmeethu Indha Mannmeethu Singer : Madhu Balakrishnan
Purinchiricha Purinchiricha Singer : George, Stephan Devassy
Unnoduthan Ini Unnoduthan Singer : Subhiksha, Tippu
Varraru Vaarraru Yaaru Varraru Singer : Chandran, Mohan, Murali

Listen: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.8574/

interz
14th August 2006, 08:39 PM
Dissapointing, sadly. Expectations to Mozhi and Runway songs have decreased after hearing Emmton magan.

I Was expecting something better from vidayasagar since his previous songs didnt sound well. Even though tv stations/radiostadions plays aathi, thambi songs, people rarely request the songs.

Hulkster
15th August 2006, 06:57 AM
I guess you guys are hurrying your opinions on emttan magan....there seems to be vidyasagar styled melodies in the movie...let me review the songs..:D

jibi
15th August 2006, 05:49 PM
This album seems to be a good one...

Interz: this one is will be a chartbuster, way way better than aathi,paramashivam and poi.... better melody numbers... and puranchidichu is an awsome number

Renault
15th August 2006, 08:19 PM
I havn't heard Emtan Magan, but I can see Vidyasagar slowly fading away from the limelight.. something similar to what has happened to Deva three years back.

Thambi, Aathi were all decent albums, but still he is not having too much I guess. Even bheema moved away from him to Harris Jayaraj. He should pin his hopes on Sivapathigaaram a film by his loyal partner,Karu Palaniappan and also with Vishaal in sublime form.

inetk
16th August 2006, 01:26 PM
Noorey!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

krish244
16th August 2006, 02:43 PM
Karthik,

Am I too early to check? :) The review is not yet there. I refreshed the page thrice! The last review is of "Shiva (Hindi)"

thanks,

Krishnan

inetk
16th August 2006, 04:14 PM
Oh no...had posted and then mentioned the link here. Try doing a cache clean in your browser/ system try again.

inetk
16th August 2006, 04:15 PM
Better still, try this direct link!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2006/08/16/emdan-magan-tamil-vidyasagar/

krish244
17th August 2006, 08:52 AM
Firefox browser usually reloads from the server when pressed Ctrl+R (recently came to know that IE browser reacts differently to Ctrl+R and F5 :) ). Anyway, I am now able to see the review.

thanks,

Krishnan

Sanguine Sridhar
17th August 2006, 12:44 PM
/Dig

Who composed 'Kalabha Kaadhalan' Vidhyasagar :roll: ?

Hulkster
17th August 2006, 02:34 PM
No thats by a new music dir called niru

inetk
22nd August 2006, 11:01 AM
[tscii:a872170409]My 100 words on Emdan Magan, with music by Vidyasagar went up on August 16th. Rediff’s review was posted by S Sudha on August 21st.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/aug/21emdan.htm

Do I see a Kaavya-styled internalized lift here? Sample these!

Mine: “As a soundtrack, Emdan Magan disappoints…”
Rediff: “Vidyasagar’s score for Emden Magan is not great; in fact, it is disappointing…”

Mine: “Varaaru is marginally catchy, which will need significant help from its picturization to impress better”
Rediff: “Vaararu Varaaru is marginally catchy, but will need significant help from its accompanying visuals to impress.”

Mine: “Kalloori is a routine youngster’s track in the usual Vidyasagar mode.”
Rediff: “Kalloori is a routine youth track in the usual Vidyasagar style.”

Mine: “The composer returns to his Thambi-styled melodies in Koligundu kannu and Mannmeedhu - both are beautifully tuned and very well sung.”
Rediff: “He comes up with his Thambi-style melodies in Koligundu Kannu and Mannmeedhu, both of which are tastefully tuned and very well sung.”

What do you think…do I have a case?[/tscii:a872170409]

Hulkster
22nd August 2006, 11:20 AM
Yaaru indha S Sudha...eppadi mosama liftu pennuraanga?...enimel rediff reviews padikkavae koodaathu..:exactly:

Hulkster
23rd August 2006, 07:10 PM
Here is my review

http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/2006/08/emttan-magan-audio-review.html

yvsmani
21st September 2006, 05:25 PM
golikundu kannu starting is ok

thumburu
10th October 2006, 04:30 PM
"Purinchirichaa" is a fantastic fast dance type of song. Watch out for some nice guitar here and there.
But my pick is the "Man meedhu thaan".
MadhuBalakrishnan shows his true class of singing and VS is one of the few MDs who knows how to use this singer.Though the opening humming of this song resembles that of Mumbai exp "yele nee etti po" and the tune itself is a sort of a piece-meal work,
the veenai interlude in my most favourite raga
karaharapriya and Madhu's rendering of the lines "MaN meedhu thaan" are simply
mindblowing. VS comes close to IR in his melodies and I wish we get to hear
more of this talented composer in TFM rather than others. I wish this song were a bit longer.