PDA

View Full Version : Selvaraghavan and A R Rahman come together for a Hindi Film

kameshratnam
21st August 2006, 03:32 PM
This weeks ananda vikatan has an interview of A R Rahman. He has mentioned in that interview that he and selvaragavan are going to work together for a hindi film..Mcbeath.( i dont know the exact name)

ajaybaskar
25th September 2006, 06:13 PM
Its Macbeth, i believe...

Kanna
25th September 2006, 06:46 PM
YSR kooda sandaiya (or) SR felt ARR has more reach nationwide?

ajaybaskar
25th September 2006, 07:27 PM
i think its bcoz its a hindi movie and only ARR can provide the right flavour for the film. People in north india do not know YSR..

Kanna
25th September 2006, 07:29 PM
But SR could have popularized YSR, by giving him a chance :confused2:

baba88
25th September 2006, 08:47 PM
A.R.Rahman is Selvaraghavan's favorite music director since he was a child. Mehbet is a big budget movie. SR knows that it's risky to do a big budget movie in Hindi without big names. So he asked ARR.

MADDY
25th September 2006, 09:12 PM
i dunt like this guy selvaraghavan.....yuck......i hate his movies.......maybe after ARR's music in his movie, i mite like him but his movies are so yucky.... :o

Dragun
26th September 2006, 09:18 AM
Is it Macbeth? Mohabbat? What is the title?

nilavupriyan
26th September 2006, 09:41 AM
whoz the hero?

MADDY
26th September 2006, 11:05 AM
Dragun, it mite be Meek-path also..... :D

this is a future project....future means - really a long time to go.....selva has some 2 movies to complete b4 he takes up this movie.....so its gud 2 years b4 it gets started.....

Nilavu, anyone but Dhanush.....already my NIndian frnds make fun of SIndian heroes(xcept Kamal though) and if they see Dhanush they will :yessir:

nilavupriyan
26th September 2006, 05:37 PM
Dragun, it mite be Meek-path also..... :D

this is a future project....future means - really a long time to go.....selva has some 2 movies to complete b4 he takes up this movie.....so its gud 2 years b4 it gets started.....

Nilavu, anyone but Dhanush.....already my NIndian frnds make fun of SIndian heroes(xcept Kamal though) and if they see Dhanush they will :yessir:

nono...he wont use danush...i believe he left bis succesfull partner yuvan for the main reason of hindi market...he need a big head there to market his first product!
thats why arr

vasanth2006
27th September 2006, 12:29 PM
YSR kooda sandaiya (or) SR felt ARR has more reach nationwide?

Definitely yuvan and selva has good friendship till now. after releasing this news in AV, they came together for surya and jothika marriage.

Chelian
27th September 2006, 02:07 PM
Making movie is a business.
THere is no room for sentiments.
Its is entirely the directors/producers choice for a movie team crew. ( Based on budget and popularity)

So what the fuss about?
maybe selva might work with YSR in future hindi films after this one.

Sanjeevi
27th September 2006, 02:33 PM
A.R.Rahman is Selvaraghavan's favorite music director since he was a child.

alanthu vidurathukku oru alavu illaiya :lol:

raaja_rasigan
27th September 2006, 04:45 PM

selva child'a irukkumbodhirundhae ARR music poduraara......
ARR'kku oru 50 vayasu irukkumo :roll:

MADDY
27th September 2006, 06:07 PM

http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/10selvaraghavan-transcript.asp

sun: your fav. music dir?
Selvaraghavan: sun, A R Rahman
sun: when u work with ARR?
Selvaraghavan: sun, when he has time for me.

Chelian
29th September 2006, 12:12 PM
Movie personalities are known for their hypocritical statements. C'mon if ARR is his favourite MD how come he didnt work with him at least in a film in Tamil. Pure bull!!
Just like Goutham when he said he would love to work with IR his favourite MD!!!!!!PURE 100% hypocrites!!!!

A.ANAND
29th September 2006, 01:10 PM
Movie personalities are known for their hypocritical statements. C'mon if ARR is his favourite MD how come he didnt work with him at least in a film in Tamil. Pure bull!!
Just like Goutham when he said he would love to work with IR his favourite MD!!!!!!PURE 100% hypocrites!!!!arr and selva combo iruntha ennna sir,naama yaan sanda potukkanum :confused2: maniratnam illayaraja combo iruthu maniratnam arr combo varalaiya athumathirthan ithuvum :notworthy: combination na konjam mattanum sir,ore mathiriye pona boradichidum :lol: :lol: selva mattum illa many talented director like a.r.murugadass,lingusamy,tharani,like to work with arr.intha gautham menon kuda minnale movie 'kku muthala arr kitta than ponan,rahman reject pannathala hj 'ikku luck ponathu

MADDY
29th September 2006, 04:50 PM
intha gautham menon kuda minnale movie 'kku muthala arr kitta than ponan,rahman reject pannathala hj 'ikku luck ponathu

infact it was ARR who had suggested HJ to Gautam......idhu oor arinja unmai.......ARR oda thangamana gunathakku than avarakku ivalavu paer,pugazh, anbu, and also adharvu from all these young directors.....

baba88
29th September 2006, 06:29 PM
Why did Shankar work with HJ in Anniyan ? Why did he return to ARR again in Sivaji.

Tell me the answer. It will be the answer for this topic,too.

nilavupriyan
29th September 2006, 06:36 PM
intha gautham menon kuda minnale movie 'kku muthala arr kitta than ponan,rahman reject pannathala hj 'ikku luck ponathu

infact it was ARR who had suggested HJ to Gautam......idhu oor arinja unmai.......ARR oda thangamana gunathakku than avarakku ivalavu paer,pugazh, anbu, and also adharvu from all these young directors.....

surely...a gem of a person i guess...thats the main reason why i like arr!

just like sachin who remain so humble even after reaching the peak!

Dragun
29th September 2006, 11:11 PM
Chelian, ARR always has a lot of projects lined up, and he can't do every film that comes along. And ARR doesn't necessarily want to do every film either. He turns down films left and right. So just because a filmmaker wants to work with ARR doesn't mean he gets to.

A.ANAND
30th September 2006, 10:29 AM
Chelian, ARR always has a lot of projects lined up, and he can't do every film that comes along. And ARR doesn't necessarily want to do every film either. He turns down films left and right. So just because a filmmaker wants to work with ARR doesn't mean he gets to. :yes:

Chelian
2nd October 2006, 11:21 AM
I beg to differ my friends!!!!
Choosing ARR would mean waiting for months for songs.
Not many producers would risk losses due to delay in releasing the movie.
Thats the reason many directors/produces go to HJ, vidyasagar etc. THis is a well know fact in Kolywood.

nilavupriyan
2nd October 2006, 12:06 PM
Thats the reason many directors/produces go to HJ, vidyasagar etc. THis is a well know fact in Kolywood.

adheppadi maniratnathukku mattum quick-a super hit songs pottu tharar arr

A.ANAND
2nd October 2006, 02:29 PM

adheppadi maniratnathukku mattum quick-a super hit songs pottu tharar arrmaniratnam'ke 'thanni 'kattanavaru engga thala :lol: :lol:

Chelian
3rd October 2006, 07:25 AM
i think Maniratnam, bharatiraja. superstar etc gets special treatment from ARR. The rest - 'wait in line'
Shankar takes a long time to make movie, so the time factor doesnt matter much to him.

ajaybaskar
14th October 2006, 10:39 AM
Selva has announced his next film in tamil under the banner White Elephants. It would star Surya's younger brother Karthi. Music by YSR. So no plans of Macbeth as of now.

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 11:15 AM
Does'nt 'kan pesum varthagal(7G) sound like Kuchi Kuchi Rakkamma?

ansa400
8th November 2006, 11:33 AM
it also reminds me of "Jeeva Jeeva" song from Jodi....

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 11:41 AM
Yes thalaiva, its true

arr_for_ever
22nd November 2006, 07:29 PM
ofcourse YSR a good music director. Directors entering to bollywood with alert of music... Becoz Music is more important in bollywood like treated more than a movie.. if music has catchy number then it will sure hit the audience...

Ofcourse Nowadays Hinid world listening ARR's tamil albums.

Bcoz they are ready to accept a tamil in their industry whos that ARRAHMAN.. Hindi audience treated ARR as god of music