PDA

View Full Version : Sanjay Gupta - The Knack For Slickness....

Surya
24th August 2006, 05:35 AM
Sanjay Gupta is One Of My Most Favorite Directors....I agree he Copies Hollywood a lot, but still, his movies are a lot better than a lot of crap that comes out in Bollywood! :D

His +'s

*Slick Presentation

*Stories are told in an Acceptable way, and aren't exact Copies.

His -'s

*Makes A Lot of Remakes....but so what? Bottom line is his movies Rock! 8-)

Surya
24th August 2006, 05:40 AM
Filmography:

Aatish (1994)

Ram Shastra (1995)

Hamesha (1997)

Khauff (2000)

Jung (2000)

Kaante (2002) :redjump: :redjump:

Plan (2004)

Musafir (2004) :redjump:

Zinda (2006) Waah!!! :thumbsup:

Surya
24th August 2006, 05:41 AM
I'm not sure if the above movies are hits or not, I hope other hubbers can provide us with that info. :D

Surya
24th August 2006, 05:44 AM
HIS CURRENT PROJECT:

Shootout at Lokhandwala!

POSTER: Click To See Included Image. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0c/Shootout_at_lokhandwala.jpg/200px-Shootout_at_lokhandwala.jpg)

Starring: Sanjay Dutt, Vivek Oberoi, Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Arbaaz Khan, Tusshar Kapoor and Sameer Dattani in pivotal roles. The movie also stars Rohit Roy and Shabbir Ahluwalia in supporting roles. The film's score and soundtrack will be composed by The Top Indian bands, Indian Ocean and Euphoria, popular songwriter Biddu Appaiah and popular playback singers, Shibani Kashyap and Mika Mehndi.

m_23_bayarea
24th August 2006, 05:44 AM
KAANTE is his best to date dude !! The movie was soooo westernized, kept the LA culture goin throughout, with some glitzy songs and sophisticated BGM !!! :thumbsup:

Surya
24th August 2006, 05:50 AM
:thumbsup: it was my favorite to date. After that I like Musafir also! :redjump: :redjump: And Zinda was great too, with Sanjay Dutt and John Abraham, but Kaante was Clearly HIS BEST!!! :redjump:

The Poster for "Shootout at Lokhandwala!" looks AWESOME!! :redjump: I can't wait to see that one!! :redjump:

Surya
26th August 2006, 01:39 AM
I have a question though...Why is Sanjay Dutt in all of Sanjay Gupta's movies? :?

Surya
20th September 2006, 06:22 AM
Shootout at Lokhandwala - Completion Party

Bollywood stars turned up in full swing at the completion party of Sanjay Gupta's latest thriller, which stars the who's who of the industry!

Gallery: http://sify.com/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13733814&hgallery=14291690

Surya
20th September 2006, 06:23 AM
SHOOTOUT AT LOKANDHWALA PLOT SUMMARY:

Based on the shootout in Lokhhandwala 1992, when commissioner of police, Aftaab Ahmed Khan, shot Dawood Ibrahim's aides including Maya Dolas and Dilip Bua. This caused massive controversy after it was rumored that Dawood asked for the shootings to take revenge on his aides who has fallen out with him.

:redjump: :redjump: :redjump: :redjump:

romio
21st September 2006, 12:59 AM
All of his films are remakes

My favourate is Kaante amazing and stylish :clap:

Surya
21st September 2006, 01:05 AM
:yes: :D :D

What is Plan about? ANyone seen it? What movie is that lifted from?

I think Shootout @ Lokandhwala might be his first original piece of work! :D Since it's based on a true Indian Incident! :)

great
23rd September 2006, 07:21 PM
All of his films are remakes

They are not remakes but they are blatant copies :x :evil:

Unicorn
23rd September 2006, 08:29 PM
He has a knack for making pathetic scene by scene remakes :cool:
And he take credits for the story section :hammer:

Surya
23rd September 2006, 11:11 PM
I agree that he isn't the best @ Creativity! :lol:

Even if he does ONLY remakes He's better at it than most people! :thumbsup:

His remakes are a lot better than tamil, and most other hindi remakes.

I saw Chocolate yesterday by Vivek Agnihotri which is a remake of The Usual Suspects! :hammer: :hammer: Piece of CRAP! Usual Suspects is an ALL TIME CLASSIC!! And this was just....:curse:

So yeah, Sanjay Gupta, even if he only does remakes, his movies are a lot better than most of the other "original" bollywood movies in that genre (whatever the hell that means, considering everything most movies that come out lift scenes from foreign movies in certain scenes, which ruin the original movie *bluffmaster, taxi no 9211 etc etc) that come out now-a-days! :thumbsup:

PS: Musafir isn't a scene by scene remake. And SHOOTOUT @ LOKHANDWALA is a complete Original Movie based on true events! 8-)