PDA

View Full Version : Strung Along (Querida)

RR
24th August 2006, 10:34 AM
Strung Along

- Querida

one thread
strains to be cut.
or tied
strongly...
happily seeking no other knot.
the tangles have been no loops,
the curlicues have built tight mazes,
yet something still pulls it towards the stitch.
who has landed it a line among
all the others wound upon paths,
intertwined and round?
after all, do they not all await
to enter the eye of light?
Becoming binded,
upon another worn destiny.

pavalamani pragasam
31st August 2006, 10:14 PM
A beautiful metaphor!

Badri
1st September 2006, 06:07 AM
Whoa, Q, whoa! :shock:

Mrs PP, care to explain Q's metaphor for lesser mortals such as me?

pavalamani pragasam
1st September 2006, 09:25 AM
A philosophical imagery of needlework involving needle, thread, stitches etc! The poet's explanation can best bring out the whole picture she conceived!

Querida
1st September 2006, 09:43 AM
Odd though it is my poem i will have to think this throughly to explain and hope it makes sense too.

one thread
strains to be cut.
or tied
strongly...
happily seeking no other knot.

the thread stands for a life...it either wants to be ended or tied to another, yet it seeks no attachment that is already made (knot)

the tangles have been no loops,
the curlicues have built tight mazes,
yet something still pulls it towards the stitch.

the tangles are like the paths of life...none of them having been easy loops the ones that when pulled become straight again rather they have become messy mazes...if you see the stitch as a forceful divide (like a sewing machine slamming the stitch) again it speaks of an ending.

who has landed it a line among
all the others wound upon paths,
intertwined and round?

this i guess can be explained as asking for why one exists and who has made it possible...and of course it is also self-pitying seeing one's own life as not harmonious as other lives (conveying the harmony of a circle and being wound by One (creator/God)

after all, do they not all await
to enter the eye of light?
Becoming binded,
upon another worn destiny.

again this speaks of seeking an end/beginning where the eye of light is simultaneous a needle but also a new opening/destiny. there is a play on worn (as clothing and as used) and being united on a existence that we all find ourselves in yet do not know why.

I hope this overanalysis does not ruin the poem for you. That is why i shy from explanation...you may have liked it the way you saw it and not agree with this explanation...and of course i would be delighted to hear what that would be.

Badri
1st September 2006, 10:10 AM
:notworthy: Q

ramky
11th September 2006, 12:36 AM
Querida : :clap: