PDA

View Full Version : baby cabbage

kulsam
17th December 2004, 12:31 PM
i am new member.i read most of the posts.they are very helpful.do any know have recipes with the baby cabbage.kindly post some.

dev
17th December 2004, 03:23 PM
Hi,
This is onle link suggested by Mrs.Mano for baby cabbages(Brussel sprouts)...

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/487/0.shtml

Kz
17th December 2004, 08:40 PM
Hi Kulsam,
I tried brussel sprouts last week only. here is the recipe:

1 pack brussel sprouts, 1/2 medium onion chopped, 1/2big tomato chopped, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste,1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp dhanya powder, make a paste of (little coconut, 2 tsp khus khus, 1/2 tsp jeera,1/2 tsp aniseeds,)

Clean the brussels, remove outer leaves if they are discoloured, cut them into 4 or slit them, how ever u prefer.
heat oil, add onions and saute them, add ginger garlic paste, fry for few seconds then add tomatoes, add the brussels and fry them, then add the chilli powder and dhanya powder and the coconut paste and fry well. add salt after half cooked. add little water and let it cook covered for few more minutes or until done. if u desire add little garam masala while u add chilli powder.
all the measurements are approximate, so add the chilli powders and other powders according to ur taste.

if u wish u can omit the coconut paste and just add chilli,dhanya and jeera powder( garam masala optional).
bye,
Kz

saras
6th January 2005, 06:53 PM
Hi Kulsam, Just s;it the sprouts without breaking and make manchurian! It tastes great. If you can microwave it for a minute then it is still better!

kittykat
6th January 2005, 07:50 PM
I use brussel sprouts in sambhar, it tastes good.

kitty