PDA

View Full Version : Microwave- boon or bane?

Alan
9th September 2006, 06:50 AM
I was discussing my plans of buying a microwave with my cousin sis who lives with her family in the US. She was saying that the Americans have given up the microwave & returned to the conventional Oven as they have realised the hazards of radiation & microwave cooking & the studies have revealed that the number of cancer occurances have tremendously increased after the micro cooking came into being. And that microwaves are avaliable at a throwaway price in the US.

So, I am really confused & have decided to pst pone the idea of a microwave for the time-being.

Miami
26th November 2006, 10:48 PM
Microwaves are used mostly for reheating food, especially the frozen varieties. If you prepare fresh food for very meal, then MW are not really necessary. As you noted, it possibly causes cancer also.

chevy
26th November 2006, 10:55 PM
well... it's not good for health .. but most ppl of today's generation ..can't thinking of cooking without one ...
like me

once u ve got used to it . .it's hard to like the conventional cooking means .. even when u are cookin on the stove. .u ll atleast use the microwave for sum small bit ..

kavjags
8th January 2007, 12:19 AM
Hi,
Certainly microwave is harmful as compared to other forms of cooking and is best avoided.
Study done placing a jar of water in microwave and then used on a plant v/s a jar of water (not placed in a microwave) and used to water a similiar plant showed the former plant grown half in height as compared to latter plant. There is growin evidence conforming harmful effects of microwaving food........

Kavjags

waaza
19th January 2007, 04:07 AM
[tscii:a31fdae7d8]on the other hand, modern appliances are safe, safer than naked flames and hot rings. Food is generally cooked in less time so reducing nutrient loss, so they can be healthier. :D

I cook many Indian dishes using raw ingredients in a µwave oven, I've never been burnt by one, and as long as one understands how they work, they are very efficient (reducing carbon consumption) and clean. They can be used to make perfect rice and many other dishes, including excellent biryanis. :P

So maybe you aren't using yours properly? :?
cheers
Waaza
[/tscii:a31fdae7d8]