PDA

View Full Version : YSR : Kireedom : Ajith

MrJudge
9th September 2006, 10:33 AM
[tscii:f5d053dbba]Ajit’s film -‘Kireedom’!
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 09 September , 2006, 10:03

Ajit’s next film for producer Suresh Balaji in collaboration with Adlabs, Mumbai has been tentatively titled as Kireedom (The Crown). A.L.Vijay (27) an ad-film maker and former assistant of Priyadarshan is directing this film.

The heroine is yet to be fixed and it is a toss up between Shriya and Nayantara. Raj Kiran will be playing an important role as Ajit’s father in Kireedom. Vivek will be in charge of comedy and Yuvan Shankar Raja is the music director.

A.L.Vijay has done the innovative ad campaign for Chennai Silks. He had given a story narration to Ajit in Hyderabad on the location of Aalwar and the actor immediately agreed to do it. Ace cinematographer Thiru will be the cameraman, Selva is in charge of art, while Antony is the editor.

Kireedom will start rolling on Dec 15 and will release for May 1, 2007 Ajit’s birthday.

[/tscii:f5d053dbba]

selvakumar
9th September 2006, 01:22 PM
The technical team is simply superb !
But I don't want to see any last minute changes like aazhwaar :(

YSR should score the music ! :D

Nakeeran
9th September 2006, 01:40 PM
Why not IR ? :evil:

I wish Isainyani scores this movie as his compos. are ORIGINAL .

Let the copy cats & remix guys be banished from the scene :evil:

vasanth2006
9th September 2006, 02:04 PM

:exactly: we can believe the team only when the shooting starts.

until :shhh:

nilavupriyan
9th September 2006, 02:23 PM

great team...yuvan will rock for sure...

selvakumar
9th September 2006, 02:28 PM

:exactly: we can believe the team only when the shooting starts.

until :shhh:

Well.. Let us hope that YSR will score the music ! :D :)

Jilaba
9th September 2006, 03:01 PM
The heroine is yet to be fixed and it is Nayantara.

:banghead: :banghead:

MrJudge
9th September 2006, 03:25 PM
The heroine is yet to be fixed and it is Nayantara.

:banghead: :banghead:

She is better than Sheriya who is the other contender for that role according to sify. IMO Asin should come in for this movie, that will be awesome.

Nakeeran
9th September 2006, 03:32 PM
I would vote for Asin as a pair for Ajit. Perfect match :D

SVN
9th September 2006, 07:06 PM
This guy being Priyadarshan's assistant makes me wonder, "Is this movie a remake of the old Malayalam hit movie by the same name *ing Mohanlal"? The movie had a strong supporting character (Hero's father played by Thilakan I think). In Hindi Priyadarshan remade it as Gardish (his 1st Hindi outing) with music by RDBurman, *ing Jackie Shroff and Amrish Puri.

MrJudge
9th September 2006, 08:18 PM
[tscii:7148ea6cbe]Ajith in remake of Mohanlal’s super-hit flick?
Sep 09, 2006

Speculations were around even before the commencement of Alwar about Ajit’s next venture with the notable producer and Mohanlal’s father in law Balaji – we carried a report on this earlier.

Looks like the project is taking shape and Balaji’s son Suresh Balaji, who is in the ad film industry for quite some time, will produce the movie. The venture will be co-produced by the Mumbai based production company Adlabs.

News has it that the project is based on the Malayalam hit movie Kireedam that is hailed as a classic film with Mohanlal in the lead. The movie had a sequel to it as well namely Chengol. Does that mean Ajit is planning for a remake of two movies – sequels -which is as yet unseen in the industry? Both ways it will most certainly be a treat for Ajit’s fans.

Vijayanand, who is the son of A L Alagappan and the sibling of actor Udhaya, will direct the movie. Vijay has been assisting the veteran director Priyadarshan for some time before turning his ways into ad filmmaking. The shoots are reported to commence on December 15.[/tscii:7148ea6cbe]

imsai
10th September 2006, 07:40 AM
-deleted-

MADDY
10th September 2006, 09:15 AM
back to the topic, i have heard from my malayalee frnd that Kireedam is a very intense movie........there is great scope for acting for Thala..........music part, i really dunno, have to check again whether it was great or not???

imsai
10th September 2006, 10:14 AM

yes ALL copy cat & remix guys too :evil:

IR is the only original :yes:

Renault
10th September 2006, 02:34 PM
Good news atlast. a movie for Ajith to show his acting skills.. and one for Yuvan to work in a big star movie..

but the director needs to handle this subject well..let's hope he does and show us the acting prowess of Ajith.

ansa400
10th September 2006, 03:19 PM
music part, i really dunno, have to check again whether it was great or not???

I think the music was also a hit.

"The song from the movie "Kaneer Poovinte" won its singer, M. G. Sreekumar, a National Award and became immensely popular."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kireedam

MusicIsLife
11th September 2006, 11:23 PM
Kireedom is an awesome movie and it elevated Mohan Lal's market one more notch. Gardish is wish-wash hindi remake, I guess Priyadarshan thought, it will be hard for National audience to accept that kind of intensity, when regionalising a movie, TFM can adopt and accept Kireedom remake as such, but with the new team, it is promising.

Shankar
12th September 2006, 02:45 PM
Wasn't kireedam remade as AambaLai by Dr. Rajashekar (if anyone remembers him :-) )

app_engine
12th September 2006, 11:45 PM
Malayalam `kireedam' was by Sibi Malayil and not by Priyadharshan. (May be Priyan remade it into Hindi but he didn't make the original). Despite the violence, it was a poetic movie and Mohanlal / Thilakan combo made it an extraordinary one. (The sequel "chengOl" was so boring and everyone got relieved that the hero dies in the end...appAdA, there won't be another sequel...)

Yes, `kanneerppoovinde' is a classic! (Probably the only song...which arouses strong emotions, especially with all the things going on the screen)