PDA

View Full Version : YSR : Chennai 600 028 : Venkat Prabhu

MrJudge
15th September 2006, 11:38 AM
A load of fresh faces and Yuvan Shankar with them
Sep 15, 2006

Chennai 600 028. This curious and interesting title is the name of the latest movie being produced by S P B Charan and directed by Venkat Prabu, son of Gangai Amaran.

This film is produced under the banner of Tanthra films along with Capital film Works Company who had earlier produced Unnai Saran Adaindhaen. New and fresh faces are expected to show case their talents in this movie. Venkat Prabhu and S P B Charan came together first for Unnai Saran Adaindhaen. The movie was a moderate success with a linear narration. Though Venkat Prabhu had featured in films like Ji and April Maadhathil, this is going to be his debut venture in direction.

The story revolves around the incidents that occur in a year in the life of few youngsters. The movie is filmed in locations in Chennai with the pincode as 28 i.e. in Raja Annamalaipuram, Mandaiveli etc. The unit claims that the younger generation can relate well to this film. It would be more of their life and everyday activities. They also promise a clean and practical entertainment.

Vijayalakshmi, daughter of Director Agathiyan, Mumbai model Christina, Jai, Ajayraj, Vijaykumar, Arun, Premji, Nithin, Sathya, Gangai Amaran, Arvind, Akaash, Ranjith, Prasanna, Shiva, Karthik and a load of fresh faces are anticipated to light up the screen. Yuvan Shankar Raja scores the music, while Vaali and Gangai Amaran pen the lyrics. Sakthi Saravanan is responsible for cinematography and Madhav takes care of art department. Promos for the movie are done on a nominal level. Let us wish the youngsters all the best.

MrJudge
15th September 2006, 11:41 AM
This movie's plot sounds interesting. Lets see how YSR has scored for this one.

rajasaranam
15th September 2006, 12:19 PM
This movie's plot sounds interesting. Lets see how YSR has scored for this one.

Romba thaan interestingaana Plot. Boys, Thulluvatho, 7GRC matrum athu pola noothu kanakkaanna padam vanthachu intha rendu moonu varushathula :banghead: :angry2: :notworthy:

MrJudge
15th September 2006, 02:43 PM
Romba thaan interestingaana Plot. Boys, Thulluvatho, 7GRC matrum athu pola noothu kanakkaanna padam vanthachu intha rendu moonu varushathula :banghead: :angry2: :notworthy:

Haven't seen Boys and thulluvatho ilamai, but 7GRC focuses only one person's life (may be two) If I am not wrong. I think this movie's plot will be a better one compared to Boys and TI. And looking at the movie's stills, IMO YSR is the appropriate guy to score music for this youthful movie.

selvakumar
15th September 2006, 04:03 PM
Even though seveal copy cats copied Selva's TI as it is many times, they weren't hits !
They faced their fate !

KK, 7g are masterpieces from selva !
TI is not that bad ! He created a new trend with that ! But Only selva was able to achieve with that !

MrJudge
15th September 2006, 04:26 PM
[tscii:866e816fb8]Venkat Prabhu - Off to Bangkok
IndiaGlitz [Friday, September 15, 2006]

Venkat Prabhu (music-composer Gangai Amaran's son), who is currently wielding the megaphone for Chennai - 600028 featuring newcomers, will be off to Bangkok soon to picturise a song sequence.

Busy packing his bags to Bangkok, Venkat Prabhu, says, 'The movie is a sequence of events that happened in my childhood and college days. The movie has an enthusiastic storyline and all the 11 newcomers in the movie were given intense training before the shooting commenced'.

The movie produced by S P B Charan has musical score by Yuvan Shankar Raja. Gangai Amaran has penned a folk number for the movie. Gana Ulaganathan has lent his voice for the song.

‘Since my childhood, I have seen my father directing movies at very close quarters. There was a fire in me to direct movies. I casually narrated a story to Charan, which impressed him and he immediately gave a go ahead to do the project'.

‘We have planned to shot a romantic song in Bangkok. The rest in and around Chennai', says Venkat Prabhu.[/tscii:866e816fb8]

MrJudge
4th October 2006, 07:21 AM

AV carried an interview with Venkat for this movie, I think it came out last week. He was telling about those fun-filled days with Yuvan, Kathik, and his local friends. Seems like it will be another 'Autograph' and not in the lines of TI. So I hope it will be different and fun to watch.

MrJudge
10th October 2006, 10:56 PM
Friends Make a Movie, 'Chennai 600028'
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, October 10, 2006]

Venkat Prabhu, son of Gangai Amaran, has donned the hat of director for a new movie titled 'Chennai 600028'.

Speaking about the film, 'The story is confined to the happenings in Mandaveli and R A Puram. A resident of those areas since my childhood inspired me to settle for that title. It got the endorsement of S P Charan and J K Saravana, two of my good friends, who took an instant liking for the script.'

Interestingly, Venkat Prabhu introduces a host of new faces in the movie.

The movie produced by Capital Film Works, S P Charan and Tantra Films (Singapore), J K Saravana, has a huge star cast of 11 Heroes and 2 Heroines - Director Agathiyan's daughter Vijayalakshmi and Mumbai Model Christine Zedek.

For the first time in the Indian film history, the movie has no individual or dual lead characters. Instead, the uniquely scripted film has all the cast in the movie playing prominent roles.

Dwelling more, Venkat Prabhu, says, 'It is a movie which has a strong screenplay and laced with fun all through. A value for your money indeed'.

The artistes in the movie were selected after auditions and several screening tests, he said and added, they were given a month's training before commencing the shooting.

Two songs were shot in Bangkok in exotic locations including Beaches, Islands and Rain Forests.

MrJudge
28th November 2006, 01:17 PM
The preview of this movie at available at:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/8805.html

The album should be released pretty soon.

vasanth2006
28th November 2006, 03:40 PM
The songs may be good. but movie's fate????

putting much efforts to this film is risk.

But the trailor is promising. the BGM of trailor also good.

itsmuls
29th November 2006, 02:39 PM
The BGM of the Trailor is quite impressive and fresh, hope the album too meets it!

slperson1
22nd December 2006, 11:45 AM
interesting thing to note

Rahman and Yuvan to sing together?
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 22, 2006]

According to reliable sources, AR Rahman will sing along with Yuvan Shankar Raja in Chennai 600028. It will be the title song of the film.

Grapevine has it that the producers and director of Chennai 600028 have approached AR Rahman to sing the title song. As such, though professional competitors, Yuvan Shankar Raja and AR Rahman are said to appreciate each others music.

Since both are talented and unique in their own ways, it will sure be a treat for music lovers if this news indeed turns true!!

Watch out for more news on Chennai-600028 everyday. An indiaglitz exclusive.

MrJudge
22nd December 2006, 11:47 AM
Oh! No......

Sanjeevi
22nd December 2006, 11:54 AM
Premji Amaran, son of Gangai Amaran, told (in orkut)

wassup all
the best of yuvan is yet to come out soon.
the film name is chennai 600028.
wait and hear!
yall know what i am talkin about!

sentsbu1
22nd December 2006, 11:55 AM
Hi people,

I told this would happen one day....I opened a thread for this....but unfortunately they closed it....

Now my gamble has been proved right....

A.R.Rahman is singing for Yuvan...

Rahman and Yuvan to sing together?
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 22, 2006]

According to reliable sources, AR Rahman will sing along with Yuvan Shankar Raja in Chennai 600028. It will be the title song of the film.

Grapevine has it that the producers and director of Chennai 600028 have approached AR Rahman to sing the title song. As such, though professional competitors, Yuvan Shankar Raja and AR Rahman are said to appreciate each others music.

Since both are talented and unique in their own ways, it will sure be a treat for music lovers if this news indeed turns true!!

Watch out for more news on Chennai-600028 everyday. An indiaglitz exclusive

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27939.html