PDA

View Full Version : VASANTHAM CENTRAL [Singapore Tamil TV] - Really Great & Ente

Oldposts
19th December 2004, 09:36 AM
Topic started by Suba (ddd) (@ 203.106.150.118) on Wed Sep 12 11:50:28 .

Oldposts
Old responses (http://forumhub.com/tfilms/14256.18180.11.50.28.html)

Oldposts
This year Pradana vizha seems boring. Alot of politics in there i believe Vadi should get the best host his tamil was good & entertaining. Further more for the dance category I was wondering y rameshwara did not mention Sangeshtraz name when they have done programs together instead giving credits to the rest. His dance was terrible yet he get! he dares to say he deserve the award. Did he got it out of Pity votes coz he nvr won? Or is it vasantham central presenting him the long service award? This really demoralises the rest of them. Very bad

Oldposts
i love all the vasantham programs ,keep it up n all the best.

Oldposts
tend to agree with vikram. there is a lot of politics involved. even maran was candid in admitting who the award shld have gone to....all fixed la...

Oldposts
I do not agree with Raj in saying that only Vadi should get the Best Host Award. Don't you think Maran can speak humourously and entertain people better than Vadi. He is also a secondary school teacher and a Masters Graduate. In the entertainment field he is the best singer, dancer, entertainer, host,actor,comedian and on the whole he is a "SAGALA KALA VALLAVAN"

Oldposts
I do not agree with Raj in saying that only Vadi should get the Best Host Award. Don't you think Maran can speak humourously and entertain people better than Vadi. He is also a secondary school teacher and a Masters Graduate. In the entertainment field he is the best singer, dancer, entertainer, host,actor,comedian and on the whole he is a "SAGALA KALA VALLAVAN"

Oldposts
Yes, I agree with you Ramesh. Maran is really a Sagala Kala Vallavan. The way he answered the Beauty Pageant girls in Miss Vasantham 2004 is an evident to show that he deserves the Award.

Oldposts
hey did you all see illamaran during Nachathiram 2000, Miss Vasantham, Last years pradana..Man This guy rockz!!! WEll Ya..Vadi did well but do you think that he could have done the interview segment In Miss vasantham 04 as well as Illamaran.i dont thing so..Illamaran was fast , funny and those instant answers...it shows how intelligent and engaging he is!!...I saw Dhool where Vadi interviewed the contestants in the preview. He did not match up to the extent that illamaran did.I think Illamaran deserves the award!! WAy to go

Ramesh wara rocks man!!! DOnt you think he deserved the award? long time overdue..Its not about long service than Prasanna would be in the category as well..This year's pradana award were given out correctly..
Sangetraz..what you want to win every year??..Give a break to Ramesh and his team man!!

Oldposts
I agree with Sheela that Illamran and rameshwara rocks..
Hey People got no time to put Pity Votes la Vickram..Dont worry,..If I can or have the time I will put a pity vote for Sangetraz next year!!!!!

Oldposts
i jus cant understand y u people all argue bout other

Oldposts
Ya, i totally will agree with vikram as maran can be asecondary school teacher and even a Masters Graduate but he SIMPLY does not know how to behave, his jokes are so clumsy and STUPID, he thinks he can be like vadi r kumar, but he is jus below his foot!! he is a "SAGALA KALA VALLAVAN" that sounds so funny, i jus wonder will his students will repect him in the first place!!!

Oldposts
Sheela, u must be kidding to call him intelligent!!! Intelligent being stupid issit!! As for rameshwara, i think he deserve since he is dancing for very very long and it is for sure a pre plan decision made by the producers as he has not won from 1996 and at last he has won in 2004, so that shows, how hard up the group went with all the way with the same steps and the best part is spoilin all the latest songs, but to be very frank, it should go to Om kar dancers, i think they deserve the MOST and as for the entertainment, it should go to VADI not the silly clumsy fellow illamaran!!, i jus find that there are no other ppl in the tV media besides his wife and himself, i jus find that there are lots of politics involved

Oldposts
Sheela, u must be kidding to call him intelligent!!! Intelligent being stupid issit!! As for rameshwara, i think he deserve since he is dancing for very very long and it is for sure a pre plan decision made by the producers as he has not won from 1996 and at last he has won in 2004, so that shows, how hard up the group went with all the way with the same steps and the best part is spoilin all the latest songs, but to be very frank, it should go to Om kar dancers, i think they deserve the MOST and as for the entertainment, it should go to VADI not the silly clumsy fellow illamaran!!, i jus find that there are no other ppl in the tV media besides his wife and himself, i jus find that there are lots of politics involved

Oldposts
Vidya,u are correct,Stupid illamaran should not get the award.Enough he got it last year.And the same goes to Mathialagan,why can,t they give to rajesh khanna,alot of politics are involved

Oldposts
SUN TV THE BEST CHANNEL IN SINGAPORE
WATCH IT TODAY THROUGH
STARHUB
www.starhub.com

Oldposts
SUN TV THE BEST CHANNEL IN SINGAPORE
WATCH IT TODAY THROUGH
STARHUB
www.starhub.com

Oldposts
Meera Pity votes is not for the hard working ones like sangestraz. Rameshwara has been dancing the same way al the way and this shows tht you can't simply judge a good dance and bad dance. if u think they rock i think your eyes must be cock even kids can say better. I recommend you to go back to Pre toddler skool.

Oldposts
Having so many dancers in this grp i believe tht sangestraz is gonna bang this year good challenge gd luck!!

Oldposts
hey gimme a break sheela i think you people r the indian gossip queens in tekka. i agree with parimala, dance category was a very tough one can't u open your eyes and see who is dancing better? Sangestraz Power to the max within 1 year they swept the award wat more itz a history in singapore. if i was ramesh i would have quit dancing!! So Shut ur mouth gap!

Oldposts
Hey guys Sangestraz even has a webpage of their own sangestraz.com it was very nice. They are really working hard unlike other keep up the gd work.

Oldposts
YeAh SangeshtraZ Cool they will Prove it to Al Big Mouth empty vessel people... !!!!!!!!!!! U al talk much go and learn dance first!!!!!!!!! especially MEERA & gang partner Sheela Nair! pls change ur name to sheela unfair suits u. byeeee.

Oldposts
YeAh SangeshtraZ Cool they will Prove it to Al Big Mouth empty vessel people... !!!!!!!!!!! U al talk much go and learn dance first!!!!!!!!! especially MEERA & gang partner Sheela Nair! pls change ur name to sheela unfair suits u. byeeee.

Oldposts

Oldposts
hey guys (Sheela and meera) do u know the meaning of pity vote...don't talk rubbish ya...Ramesh has been in this dance field for donkey years and he prove nuts in his dance..the only reason he got the award is not for his dance but for his long service with Media Corp and also through pity votes for his dance and himself...by rite the award should have gone to...i don't have to say..everyone knows..if u think ramesh deserved the award than he should have gotten it last year....i think u should put pity vote for Rameshwara and not for Sangeshtraz...

Oldposts
no,no,no why must i response

Oldposts
i think ellamaran and rameshwaraz deserve it man...They both rock..Vadi caters to the younger crowd but ellamaran is good with the older folks..My parents simply love him!! tHEY THINK THAT HE IS VERY VERSATILE! ellamaran - enjoy the award while you can!!

Rameshwara- - well derserved!!!

Sangetrax- Dont worry - you still have chance next year

Oldposts
Hey - wat stupid illamaran?!!! give some respect to this guy. he is educated and is a teacher and a masters graduate. how many people you know have done so well and studied so much? I heard from my friends brother that he is from RI. Learn to give respect la. his jokes are different but that does not make him stupid! pls stop using such language.

Oldposts
So sad to know that, none of you guys/gals have own opinions!!! Maran's a quick thinker, Vadi's good joker, Rameshwara's colourful and Sangestraz's hardworking, Prasana's cheeks glow, Om Kar's creative, etc etc etc.... Bascially, all of them are entertainers! Entertainers don't need to be educated to please viewers!!! Nor do uneducated people deserve any less respect!!! So stop degrading people. Ignore the flaws, and give constructive feedback so that Vasantham Central can continue to give us quality programmes. You know why folks, we always see the same faces year in year out? IT'S BECAUSE THE PRODUCERS ARE STILL THE SAME OLD HAGS!

Oldposts
Mahaas, spoken like genius!! Good thinking man! smart thoughts!

Oldposts
hey guys wat u think of MUSIC MANTRA which was telecast on sunday?My opinion.....Vijay Anand sang veri well and sangeshtraz dance item was the best....

Oldposts
Illamaran is a RAFFLESIAN! Wow!coming from the cream of the crop and elite pool of students in Singapore - that reflects the wonders this man. I have to admit he is an all rounder!
Being a rafflesian myself - from Raffles instituition - feels gd to know that he represents a pool of us in Television. Way to go Illmaran- you have done us proud! I want to see you more in television.

Oldposts
Stop commenting on Illamaran,Vadi or any of our Vasantham Central artiste.At least tank them for supporting the Indians.If they also don't represents by showing their talents,who else will do.I always salute all the t.v.artiste.Even once I had a bad experience with one t.v.singer Soundaravalli,when she just snob at my daughter who was very anxious and excited to see her .

Oldposts
Pradana Vizha is over and is almost a month i don't understand y still ppl want to give comment...can pls stop passing all this comments and write something which the media can improve on or some compliments to some artise so that they can also improve on what they r doing....

Oldposts
Swetha u met a snobish singer soundaravalli,i too had the same experience like u.During the deepavali expo she was at the tent collecting donation for sinda.I ask my daughter (5yrs) to donate becauze my daughter was excited with the t.v. artiste,but she just snob off.I felt pity at my daughter & walk away

Oldposts
Vasantham Central is SUCK..
SUCKer hell'..
Most of the Vasantham Central artistes thought that they are very GOOD,
But the real thing is they are real bloopers.
Only few of them are really talented and worthy to be called REAL ENTERTAINER’
Like two guys below ;
Mr. Illamaran – Simply Superb
Mr. Vadi – Real all rounder performer

My comment is nothing related to our Country relationship..
RealMalaysian

Oldposts
ilamaran is very friendly. he is also very respectful. met his wife in serangoon road and she was so nice to my daughter and my nephew. She has no star attitude.

Oldposts
Y STILL TALKING ABT HIM....IS MARAN THE ONLY ARTISE IN SINGAPORE VASANTHAM CENTRAL?.....COME ON GUYS THERE R MANY MORE PPL WHO R AS EQUVALENT TO MARAN....TALK ABT THEM...WE CAN'T BE COMMENTING ABT MARAN EVERTIME...HE IS GOOD N THERE R OTHER PPL WHO R ALSO LIKE HIM..TALK ABT THEM....TALK ABT THE DANCE OR TALK ABT THE SINGER,ACTOR,ACTRESS SO THAT THEY CAN IMPROVE THEMSELF....INSTEAD OF PASSING COMMENTS....WHICH WILL BRING TO MORE MISUNDERSTANDING IN THIS FORUM HUB....FORUM HUB IS FOR GIVING FEEDBACK...DO NOT MISUSE IT....THANX

Oldposts
amn't receiving this channel properly. any clue?

Oldposts
the new music mantra is so boring.does anybody agree wit me.

Oldposts
vasantham central is a gay.

Oldposts
today's Music Mantra was veri boring except for sangeshtraz dance was happening.

Oldposts
music mantra is getting more and more boring.especially the people who host the show.so boring

Oldposts
One sample from Music manthra...

A scene from Tenali Screened..

then they invited an audience.

"Ippo..Thenali Padathilirunthu oru Kaatchi paatheenga ..athilirunthu oru KeLvi"

"OK"

"Jayaram Aninthiruntha Tie-n color enna"

????

"Y -il Arrambikkum"

"yellow"

"romba Sariyaga sonnenga"

----------------------------------------

Are they really serious or is it a part of a comedy serial?

Oldposts
common guys..wat is so great abt those shows..soo vain..ppl or so call audience like us watch those programmes..without us..they are a nobody..but i personally feel thse kinda shows like pradhana vizha shld be stopped cos..its not an OSCAR presentation..ppl within themselves giving away prizes n stuff..wat is so great abt them..they doesn't appreciate those local indins..many of us are talented but are we given the opprtunity..the answer is simply "no" its all within themselves..they do the audition n they recommend those ppl they knoe..and if u look closely week in n week out onli the same old stupid artist are being paraded ..give others a chance wanna c more of our talents being paraded n not being locked up..so maybe i feel as wat others say...chnege the management first..tat shd be a wide idea..and i personally feel tat we cld c good results....don always make a old horse run the race..give a young horse a chance..n tats my point...

Oldposts
hi,
Give a chance to new comers.Comeon how long u ppl going to talk abt illamaran,plz 'Orre Kuttaiyai pottu Kullapathirgal"some times he over react in comedy scenes.may be he can correct his mistakes by watching"Boys".The three guys i really admire, they really got talent.not like this half past six illamaran.
'perdana vizza" really sucks.every year the same 'Gundu faces"plz artistes of vasantham Central for how many years u same ppl going to show ur faces in T.V.bear in mind that we are paying t.v. licence u know.If you think you want to show your faces go and show at SERANGOON ROAD,the ppl there especially the foreighners might appreciates you as "Kuthaddis" not the locals.
My one last question, Its a channel for indians & why they name it vasantham CENTRAL??? cant they get a word in tamil for CENTRAL?why the malay channel is in malay name "Suria".

Oldposts
Guna

VASANTHAM is english word is it?

Yenn ippadi irukeenga.... Logic illameh complain pannatheenga....

Oldposts
Is 'Central' a Tamil word?

:)

Oldposts
wat hapen to anita ayavoo,the girl with large lips waiting to to be kissed by every men

Oldposts
Kumar...

I am very sure you will admit that today's generation in Singapore will not be able to speak tamil without any influence of english words. Central is a good description of a place where people gather... dont you think so?? Intha kurai solre attitute yepo thaan pogumoh?

Ravi

Oldposts
Hi, Kumar u mean Central is good "description" of a place where people gather? you muz be joking or r u a local? Ithu kurai illappa, singapuril ulla tamilannukku oru periya "VETKAK KEDU".
"THAMILAN ENRU SOLLADA,THALAI NIMIRNTHU NILLADA". not only tamil will not be able to speak without any influence of English words,even other races they too speak english in between their coversation.Bear in mind that this is only Verbal where we use English for our own convenient.When you appoint a heading especially for individual group it muz carry by their own mother tongue!!!esp.like ur name Kumar,they cannot put ur name such as Kumar Robert in ur B.C.unless ur father is a European or if you are a Christian.
So my arguement is this channel for indians.so name it in Tamil!!!To:"VASANTHAM" read my question before u comment,dont be like a "Munthiri Kottai" or balls carrier for "Central"unless if u are another "Ettappan" among the indians.

Oldposts
looking for new gurl friend

Oldposts
hello to all indians,this is my first visit to your site, and it was very interesting to realise that such trivial matters as the name of your local tv station, could bring about such a heated debate among the viewrs.if i may throw in my two cents worth,i think such drive and fervour can be put to better use.look not through a peep-hole, for you will not see the bigger picture.i'm sure this posting will incite fast and mean responses.

Oldposts
Same old singers appearing in the vasantham central...Puthu padagargaluku vaipu kidaikatha! oru aalu nalla paadita pothumeh...antha munchuthaan adikadi varum! ithuleh veru puthusa nadikavum padavum aalu thedurangeh, ethuku intha vilambaram ellam....manushanuku evalavoh velai, ithuleh auditionuku vareh solitu athuku apparom unaku chance illainu solli veetuku anupi veduvangeh...thayavu seithu engal neraithai veenadikathingeh

Oldposts
movesh entertainers r de best.

Oldposts
can u people show more in coooking.......................................... .and more website........................................... .................................................. ..............on cooking?.......................................... .................................................. ..

Oldposts
Guna, Ravi,

Just came back from a 3 week holiday and noticed the above comments addressed to me (regarding the word "Central").

Appa! What responses!! I only asked if Cental was a Tamil word in response to 'Vasantham's' question on whether "vasantham" was English. No criticism intended. In fact, I have no qualms of this channel being called this name.

Please note, Guna, that it was Ravi who said that 'Central' is a good description, not me. I am OK with the channel being called 'Vasanthan' only. Even if they tag the word, 'Central', that's their business; it's what that is shown in this channel that really matters.

So Guna, please read the responses carefully before going into "Kumar Robert" and the European father theories. Thanks pa.

:)

Oldposts
Hi Guna,

I think that Comments could be constructive and that You dont have to put the Indian Workers down..Why? Our Great grandparents have come to singapore to seek a living and these people must be doing the same..There is no reason to Slam or Slander this group..

And Whats wrong with Serangoon road man?...Most of us go there to shop and Gather for meals - No reason to call us Kuthadees..

Anyways..Everyone is entiled to their Opinion and Boviously You are Too..There Are people who didnt like Boys...I did not like it at all.. But I really Like Illamaran...SO there you are!!

Oldposts
how are you,I wan't to meet you

Oldposts
i think all the program thath are produced an telecast on mediacorp are far more great,educational,and intresting than what malaysian artist are doing(indian or malays)at least u singaporean indians are given change to have your on televisyen show.we malaysian are only given change on deepavali,pongal,or thaipusam,even thath time also maxsimum we would have 6-7 hours for 2 days to telecast indian movies and programs

Oldposts
i think all the program thath are produced and telecast on mediacorp are far more great,educational,and intresting than what malaysian artist are doing(indian or malays)at least u singaporean indians are given change to have your on televisyen show.we malaysian are only given change on deepavali,pongal,or thaipusam,even thath time also maxsimum we would have 6-7 hours for 2 days to telecast indian movies and programs it is so frusrating for us but even though live in this democratic country,indians has less opptions in everything

Oldposts
that is so true guys. malaysian tv is lack in
lovally produced programmes. most of malaysian
likes to see programmes which are imorted from
india and dont much give a damn about local
programmes. malysians only get to watch locally
produced show during deepavali.

what is the use having astro vaanavil=just
stupidlly 24 hours of repeated s h i t
and almost 95 percent brought from india...
so stupid.

i think malaysian tv should learn somrthing from
singapore tv although i am a malaysian but i am
staying in johor bahru so that is i can enjoy
great tamil programmes in primetime in central
vasantham. i hae watching these stupid malaysian
tvs

Oldposts
RAJ TV and JAYA TV 25.10.04

I have subscribed for the above channels and four others TRT, DAN Cinema , DAN Musik and Ceylon TV. It seems to be a big mistake.

This mail is to warn the people who is willing to Subscribe for these six channels for EUR 129,00 or EUR 150,00 These DISH ASIA sender who is selling cards are not a single Penny worth. Since three weeks there is no JAYA and RAJ TV at all. They are not saying what happened or when it will be OK. Weekly once they write a small note on the screen saying because of Satellite problem could not broadcast.that’s it. They are sending again and again the old DVD songs and comedies. The Ladies who are eager of Dramas like Kalki etc. could not follow since three weeks. Queries through Tel and mail were not response by these Dish Asia people. And the channels TRT and Dan Musik they making GOD Advertising ..that means they are selling religion through these channels like LORD TV which are worthless. If they are willing to Propagnda Christ, they can of course not at our cost.
So please join me and mail me who thinks the same and feels to be cheated through these people. We will try through German Lawyers if anything can be done. Please advice your friends neighbors etc not to encourage such type of ‘Tamil Business’ in Europe.
Thanks

Oldposts
vasantham central is really doin veri well... i enjoy watching d programmes... i wish tat the dance programmes could be shown on saturdays n not Sundays... better for some other uyirgal on earth like me!!!

Oldposts
i love to watch vasantham central.
astro vaanavil baddd...........

Oldposts
Vasantham central shows are crap! No quality and their 'celebrities' are a bunch of clowns.

Everyone of them overdoes their performances. The so-called dancers can't dance for nutz!

Vasantham Central needs to be filtered to do better. Someone pls stand outside Caldecott wif a vellakkamaaru to chase away Illamaran, Murali Krishnan, Vickneswari, Shaila Nair, Shanti and Ananthi!

federer
30th December 2004, 01:50 PM
I luv vasantham central.Its so sexy

mirth
26th March 2005, 08:32 AM
Someone asked why the CENTRAL? The channel is not a purely indian channel. They show arts programmes as well as kids' programmes. The channel is called CENTRAL. The arts programme portion is called Arts Central, the kids programme portion is called Kids Central and the indian programmes portion is called Vasantham Central.

Anyway, the local dramas do seem to be improving in quality though I seldom watch them. Even if the competitions are sometimes quite inane like the Miss Vasantham and the more recent Super Nanbargal, at least the hosts are entertaining. Sometimes I tune in just to see the hosts, eg. Vasanthi and Vadi who hosted Dhool 2003.