PDA

View Full Version : Aamir Khan - The king of versatility in hindi film world

Ramakrishna
23rd September 2006, 10:30 PM
Lets discuss about the most versatile actor in Bollywood here.

villan007
23rd September 2006, 10:35 PM
:clap: ....

My fav aamir films :

Rangeela :P

Dil chatha hai 8-)

Lagaan :victory:

RDB :bluejump: - the best movie in recent times

Fanaa - :)

Surya
23rd September 2006, 11:08 PM
The Only Aamir Khan Movies that I"ve seen (I Love All Of them) :

Dil Chatha Hai! :redjump:

Lagaan - :thumbsup:

RDB - :2thumbsup:

Fanaa - My Most Fav So Far!! :redjump: :bluejump:

southiecook
24th September 2006, 08:11 AM
Lagaan - brilliant producer & actor

thamizhvaanan
24th September 2006, 09:33 AM
Aamir!!!!

:notworthy:

Unicorn
24th September 2006, 10:12 AM
:thumbsup: my 2nd favori Bollywood actor
QSQT :thumbsup:
Raja Hindustani :redjump:
RDB :cool2:
Lagaan :victory:
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander :D (I like the tamil remake better though :wink: )
rangeela :swinghead:
Mangal Pandey :clap:

thamizhvaanan
24th September 2006, 10:26 AM
I like the tamil remake better though :banghead:

Unicorn
24th September 2006, 10:29 AM
Emu :hammer:

I like the tamil remake better though :banghead:

ajithfederer
24th September 2006, 11:10 AM
aamir khan is good :)

and thread title konjam :roll:

Alien
24th September 2006, 09:15 PM

konjam illa rombave :roll:

Ramakrishna
24th September 2006, 09:17 PM
:roll:

great
24th September 2006, 09:58 PM

konjam illa rombave :roll:

rombavae overU :shock:

RajaHindustani :oops2: thank god u didnt mentioned Mela :roll:

nilavupriyan
24th September 2006, 10:12 PM
brain of hindi cinema??? :rotfl:

govind nilhani ram gopal varmalam vettipasangala?

Ramakrishna
24th September 2006, 10:44 PM
The movie Rang de Basanti in which Aamir starred is the best indian movie in the recent years. :clap: :victory:

Alien
24th September 2006, 11:05 PM
The movie Rang de Basanti in which Aamir starred is the best indian movie in the recent years. :clap: :victory:
:roll: Thatz quite a far statement :wink: (Ofcourse u can always say itz ur opinion ) ... But I think there r movies better than that like Pudhuppettai ....

kannannn
25th September 2006, 12:58 AM
To call him the brain of Hindi cinema is of course a bit far fetched, but he is the only top hero with commitment to serious cinema. Ateast he is prepared to gamble his money for producing sensible movies. My favourites are,
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander
1947, Earth
Andaz Apna Apna
Akele Hum, Akele Tum
and of course Qayamat se Qayamat Tak. Wish he gets back with his cousin Mansoor Khan to make more movies.

He goes too far in his penchant for perfection though. To the extent of even reshooting interviews if he thinks his expressions are not right.

thamizhvaanan
25th September 2006, 07:06 AM
He goes too far in his penchant for perfection though. To the extent of even reshooting interviews if he thinks his expressions are not right.:shock:

great
25th September 2006, 08:30 AM
Why nobody is talking about Sarfarosh :? its one of the well made movie :)

romio
25th September 2006, 09:34 AM
Best of amir 8-)

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar :thumbsup: :D (Remake of Breaking Away (1979)
Rangeela :D
Sarfarosh 8-)
Lagaan 8-)
Rang De Basanti :)
Baazi :D
Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin (copy of It happened one night )
Dil :D
Akele Hum Akele Tum :? (Remake of: Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)

Worst of amir :confused2:

Raja Hindustani :bangcomp:
Mela :rotfl: :lol2:
Parampara :x
Mann (remake of An Affair to Remember) :bangcomp:

P_R
25th September 2006, 10:10 AM
My favourites are,
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander
1947, Earth
Andaz Apna Apna
Akele Hum, Akele Tum
and of course Qayamat se Qayamat Tak. Wish he gets back with his cousin Mansoor Khan to make more movies.

Qayamat... was the first Hindi movie I saw. I remember next to nothing of it. All my slightly older cousins used to rave about it all the time.I haven't seen Jo Jeeta..,Akele Hum.. :-(

My favourite Aamir films are

Andaz Apna Apna
I don't think I have laughed harder watching a Hindi film. Hilarious.

Rangeela He is fantastic. I love that scene where he reads the lines of 'Rakesh' for Urmila's audition and several more in that movie. He was great.

1947 Earth Marvellous performance. I don't think anyone else could have done it. The coldness of the climax really shakes you.

Dil Chahta Hai One of my favourite films and all three did well. But Aamir was the first among the equals.

Even in films like Sarfarosh,Lagaan and ordinary flicks like RDB and GhulAm there are scenes where his performance is fantastic.

Despite the personally tragic experience of losing sleep and 100 rupees for Fanaa, I will definitely the next Aamir film.

ramky
25th September 2006, 11:58 AM
My favorites :

1. Qayamat se Qayamat Tak

2. Dil Hai Ki Maanta Nahin ( Heroine - Pooja Bhatt )

3. Andaz Apna Apna ( Raveena Tandon )

4. Holi - telefilm ( around 1985 ) which was Aamir Khan's debut as an actor - he played a college fresher who commits suicide after being severly ragged.

5. Dil ( Madhuri Dixit )

6. Akele Hum, Akele Tum ( Manisha Koirala )

7. Rangeela ( Urmila Matondkar )

8. Lagaan ( Gracy Singh )

9. Dil Chahta Hai ( Preity Zinta )

10. Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar ( Ayesha Jhulka )

nilavupriyan
25th September 2006, 08:26 PM
:roll: Thatz quite a far statement :wink: (Ofcourse u can always say itz ur opinion ) ... But I think there r movies better than that like Pudhuppettai ....

:wink: sure in the making may be!

but i believe the script of rang de basanti is very good...the way they planned the past and present life!

pudhupetai dint do well :cry:

namma makkal eppothan nalla padam paapanga :D

Nerd
25th September 2006, 08:43 PM

For me its the movie of the year so far !! And rightly it has been sent to the oscars :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Comparing PP to RDB is laughable !! PP first half was good, 2nd half was trash :(

MADDY
25th September 2006, 08:53 PM
http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/sep/25rdb.htm

yahoo......RDB will represent India at the oscars this year.......truly deserving...........

yaenpa, Pudhupettai comparing to RDB.......ithellam koncham overa theriyalayappa??? where Dhanush and where Aamir Khan......where Selvaraghavan and where is Raykesh Mehra......where Yuvan and where ARRahman........keep going :lol:

Alien
25th September 2006, 09:31 PM
If u say PP is trash (2nd half or whatever) , u sure didn't get the movie ..... :(
PP is brilliant cinema with high class nuances strewn all over .... Being selected to Oscars doesn't say anything, as if that committee knows to watch movies ... :rotfl: ... Anniyan, Sachin were chosen last year from south .... :lol: ....
Maddy, itz only in ARR & Yuvan, where RDB scores towering high, thanks to our MAN :wink: .... That being said, Yuvan was no lesser in PP - IMO that is THE best work in tamil cinema in last 2-3 years ....(including SOK, Ah aah :oops: )..

Nerd
25th September 2006, 09:40 PM
If u say PP is trash (2nd half or whatever) , u sure didn't get the movie .

Let me be igonrant :lol2:

kannannn
25th September 2006, 09:45 PM
He goes too far in his penchant for perfection though. To the extent of even reshooting interviews if he thinks his expressions are not right.:shock:
Yes, and that's one of the reasons, you wouldn't find many interviews of his on TV channels. He is also famous (or should I say notorious) for being unrelenting and unforgiving in his fights with others in the industry, however famous or indispensible they might be. Right from Yash Chopra to Ram Gopal Varma to Juhi Chawla.

Dil Chahta Hai One of my favourite films and all three did well. But Aamir was the first among the equals.
Yes, I should have included DCH in my list. Very entertaining. BTW, watch JJWS and QSQT when you get time. They are among the few Hindi movies I own on DVD.

yaenpa, Pudhupettai comparing to RDB.......ithellam koncham overa theriyalayappa??? where Dhanush and where Aamir Khan......where Selvaraghavan and where is Raykesh Mehra
I haven't watched RDB, and I don't understand on what basis movies are selected for representing India in Oscars, but I don't think Selvaraghavan or Pudhupettai should be demeaned. This blogger shows why Selvaraghavan and Pudhupettai actually stand out and why many people wont accept it.
http://brangan.easyjournal.com/entry.aspx?eid=2953155

Alien
25th September 2006, 09:49 PM
pudhupetai dint do well :cry:

namma makkal eppothan nalla padam paapanga :D
True nilavu,
Our ppl just get carried away with fancy glitz n glamour and call Anniyan, RDB as great movies and disdain worthy ones ..... (note great there)
The review below just nails it :2thumbsup:

If any of those who missed the class stuff of PP, wants to get enlightened , pls read it ... :lol2:

MADDY
25th September 2006, 09:53 PM
If u say PP is trash (2nd half or whatever) , u sure didn't get the movie ..... :(
PP is brilliant cinema with high class nuances strewn all over .... Being selected to Oscars doesn't say anything, as if that committee knows to watch movies ... :rotfl: ... Anniyan, Sachin were chosen last year from south .... :lol: ....
Maddy, itz only in ARR & Yuvan, where RDB scores towering high, thanks to our MAN :wink: .... That being said, Yuvan was no lesser in PP - IMO that is THE best work in tamil cinema in last 2-3 years ....(including SOK, Ah aah :oops: )..

Alien, we are talking abt a movie (RDB) which has mobilised an entire nation.....Anti-quota protests, Justice for Jessica, student protests, public outcry over issues etc etc this year have all been modelled on RDB..........do u think PP is more powerful than RDB???

and abt yuvan and ARR, i know u1 is good but ARR is in the best form of his life (creative wise, commercially he is in last but one position)........and i feel nobody in tamil has the power to dislodge even a out of form ARR........"enga area ulla varadha" are all songs??? i seriously dont think so......

Nerd
25th September 2006, 09:55 PM
I can boast by saying that I have seen quality movies from different countries. In my books PP is a pretty ordinary movie and as I said earlier RDB is THE best indian movie of 2006 8-)

I can laugh over the inanities in PP but may be in some other thread !!

MADDY
25th September 2006, 09:57 PM

u know wat Alien, this guy had killed SOK in his review....... this all seems so fishy.......i wud rather dismiss him as a IR's watch dog

Nerd
25th September 2006, 09:57 PM
And talking about the soundtracks, RDB is a million times better than PP. RDB is probably the best ARR soundtrack after 2000. oru naaLil from PP is the only song I listen to but RDB is always in my playlist 8-)

MADDY
25th September 2006, 10:02 PM
I can boast by saying that I have seen quality movies from different countries. In my books PP is a pretty ordinary movie and as I said earlier RDB is THE best indian movie of 2006 8-)

Nerd, these ppl. think only Tamil movies are good.....they still think Hindi movies are abt laddoo, shaadi, marriage videos.....they dunt know that Hindi movies have changed drastically and they look better than Tamil movies now.....

anyways forget it, its been a dream year for ARR in Bollywood....... :D ......i just hope he gives music only to bollywood......

P_R
25th September 2006, 10:08 PM
Comparing PP to RDB is laughable !! PP first half was good, 2nd half was trash :( Actually second half of RDB was laughable. My, friend and I got angry teary stares in the theatre for laughing.
Both movies drag, both are much longer than they should have been, both were excellent in some parts but disappointing overall, on the whole the two are quite comparable.

Alien
25th September 2006, 10:10 PM
Maddy,
Well, I often feel like resorting to this statement by Kamal !
"Good movies can generally be categorised with 2 different motives. Movies with honest intentions and movies with clever thoughts" 8-) ... RDB belongs to the 1st category(still isn't convincong, just a confused clutter) while PP falls in the 2nd ...
and cinematically PP is superior to RDB ..... 8-) ...

........"enga area ulla varadha" are all songs??? i seriously dont think so......

I used to feel like that too ....My post, demeaning PP album, is still there in that GF vs VV vs PP thread ... I even went to the extents saying that U1 is like torch whereas ARR is Sun(always :wink: ) and HJ is moon .... But with more listenings I felt embarrassed on myself for posting such and now my ranking is PP>GF>VV .... :P ... Enga area isn't that good but Oru naaLil, Neruppu vaayinil, vaariya ....
Like I said, PP album is the best in last 2-3 years in TFM and PP is superior to RDB cinematically (no comparisons)..... 8-) .....

Ramakrishna
25th September 2006, 10:10 PM
Comparing PP to RDB is laughable !! PP first half was good, 2nd half was trash :( Actually second half of RDB was laughable. My, friend and I got angry teary stares in the theatre for laughing.
Both movies drag, both are much longer than they should have been, both were excellent in some parts but disappointing overall, on the whole the two are quite comparable.

And ur post is laughable.

Alien
25th September 2006, 10:16 PM
Rama, instead of ur smart ass one-liners , better elaborate ur posts .... Otherwise don't expect serious discussions .... 8-)

..And I clearly said b4 that RDB scores towering high in music department !!
PP is THE best in tamil in last 2-3 years ... 8-) ....

P_R
25th September 2006, 10:18 PM
And ur post is laughable. Glad to be a source of joy to the reading public 8-)

kannannn
25th September 2006, 10:21 PM

u know wat Alien, this guy had killed SOK in his review....... this all seems so fishy.......i wud rather dismiss him as a IR's watch dog
Actually, I didn't find anything substantial about the music or background score in the review of PP in that link. The review is about the movie on the whole and how different it is from run-of-the-mill stuff we see everyday. Anyway music is not the only aspect of a movie and certainly not the conclusive aspect in deciding if a movie is good.

P_R
25th September 2006, 10:22 PM
PP is THE best in tamil in last 2-3 years ... 8-) .... :roll: virumANdi was Jan '04.

Alien
25th September 2006, 10:24 PM
PP is THE best in tamil in last 2-3 years ... 8-) .... :roll: virumANdi was Jan '04.
2-3 years vanthu .. to crystalize it, means since VirumaaNdi :P (Itz been 2 and a half years)... ... Both movie and album/BGM are next only to VirumaaNdi .....

great
25th September 2006, 10:27 PM
Alien, we are talking abt a movie (RDB) which has mobilised an entire nation.....

Dont generalise thing . I do agree RDB was good movie but i dont think it has chance of winning oscars

Anti-quota protests, Justice for Jessica, student protests, public outcry over issues etc etc this year have all been modelled on RDB..........do u think PP is more powerful than RDB???

These are unnecessary hype generated by the media NDTV in specific. Do you think Gangster movie will be glorified by the media. Each movie has its own +ive and -ive . You compared Danush and Aamir dont see them as actor see the charecter they have potrayed. Danush as Kokhi kumar played the role to the T.

nilavupriyan
25th September 2006, 10:31 PM

Nerd, these ppl. think only Tamil movies are good.....they still think Hindi movies are abt laddoo, shaadi, marriage videos.....they dunt know that Hindi movies have changed drastically and they look better than Tamil movies now.....

anyways forget it, its been a dream year for ARR in Bollywood....... :D ......i just hope he gives music only to bollywood......

no maddy...its the other way round...its u who think hindi movie is ultimate!

because u only mentioned "selvaragavan is no way near raykesh mishra" "dhanush is no way near aamir" etc...we compare u conclude ..that shows who thinks in the way!

i believe u are an arr fan only because he did in hindi movies...if he dint do there u wouldnt have become his great fan i believe!

i believe selva is a very good director....pp is very well made...but the script of rang de basanti is too good!

if u compare the script and matter ...its rang de basanti all the way!

but only direction and film making...please watch pudhupetai once again!...nerd said second half is bad...but that showed the reality in a very great extent

nilavupriyan
25th September 2006, 10:34 PM
danush as kokki kumar rocked and selva's making is mesmerizing!

in taxi driver we could get into the movie with that slow jazz and raw photography...scorcese's direction pulls us into the movie!

pudhepetai had that effect...dont jump and say "its laughable to compare taxi driver and pudhupetai"...i mean the effect only!

Nerd
25th September 2006, 10:39 PM

Fortunately I dint see PP in theatres, I was enjoying (:lol2:) that in my living room. There were atleast 20 scenes which made me roll on the floor and remember there were no comedians in the movie :( The scene in which danush tackles 20-30 men is just an example. The way he shouts n stuff, I dont know if u had seen his sullan but that scene reminded me of that movie..

RDB isnt THE best but its THE best this year is my argument 8-) And I enjoyed the movie and I overlooked the few inanities since the movie overall was quite entertaining and inspiring 8-) And yeh its miles behind DCH, my fav aamir movie..

great
25th September 2006, 10:46 PM
Nerd , even i laughed at the initiall sequence where he beats the producer`s brother when i saw it in dvd. Later when i saw the movie in the theatres the effect was totally different n nice

great
25th September 2006, 10:48 PM
And I enjoyed the movie and I overlooked the few inanities since the movie overall was quite entertaining and inspiring 8-) And yeh its miles behind DCH, my fav aamir movie..

I completly go with this :2thumbsup:

great
25th September 2006, 10:55 PM
The king of versatility in hindi film world

I would prefer Naseeruddin Shah over khans in terms of Versatality

P_R
26th September 2006, 12:05 AM
RDB isnt THE best but its THE best this year is my argument 8-) Could well be. I didn't see Omkara. I expect a lot from Vishal Bharadwaj after Maqbool.
And yeh its miles behind DCH, my fav aamir movie.. Exactly. You are among the first people who enjoyed RDB and at the same time to voice this. Every other guy I met who liked RDB was always saying it was the best ever etc. I think watching it at home was crucial. I had to advance book in Mayajaal and got only second row tickets in a chock-full theatre.

ramky
26th September 2006, 12:06 AM

IMO Sanjeev Kumar was also a very versatile actor !

m_23_bayarea
26th September 2006, 12:08 AM

I know a lot of ppl mention N. Shah when it comes to versatility ... But has he done any heroic roles, or romance or something ?? Those two things dont come under versatility ?? :roll:

So character artists that are given diff roles in diff movies are only eligible for versatility ?? :?

villan007
26th September 2006, 07:37 AM
And talking about the soundtracks, RDB is a million times better than PP. RDB is probably the best ARR soundtrack after 2000. oru naaLil from PP is the only song I listen to but RDB is always in my playlist 8-)

and Background score in PP was :rotfl: .... there were two blatant lifts from saving private ryan :hammer:

nilavupriyan
26th September 2006, 08:15 AM

and Background score in PP was :rotfl: .... there two blatant lifts from saving private ryan :hammer:

I could hear a bgm which was used in raaga.com for long before every song was played!

dondondodada doi dododoi ...citibank....yuvan...yen indha kola veri!

or raaga lifted from pudhupetai even well before the movie was released? :roll:

villan007
26th September 2006, 08:17 AM
I could hear a bgm which was used in raaga.com for long before every song was played!

dondondodada doi dododoi ...citibank....yuvan...yen indha kola veri!

or raaga lifted from pudhupetai even well before the movie was released? :roll:

I heard that music a year back :roll:

villan007
26th September 2006, 08:19 AM
nyway no more digressions pls !

Aamir rox 8-)

Nerd
26th September 2006, 07:49 PM
Aamir Khan on RDB's entry to the oscars

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/amir-khan-on-rdbs-race-at-oscars/22550-8.html

The key is to make a lot of members of the jury watch the movie. Perhaps thats what got Crouching.. an oscar !!

P_R
26th September 2006, 08:37 PM
Another such film I would say is perhaps Lage Raho Munnabhai. It has an amazing concept. I have seen the film and it was very well made. It is a fantastic film. If I were a part of the jury, I would have found it very difficult to choose between the two films. I salute this guy :notworthy:

nilavupriyan
27th September 2006, 08:46 PM
just now finished watching rang de basanti with subtitles!

amazing movie...especially acting...aamir is youthful in acting even at this age...sidharth stylish...madhavan cute...foriener...so beautiful!

amazing concept...sema music...lose control.....ja..jaja..lose control

Nerd
27th September 2006, 09:16 PM
Is this the first time u watchiing it?? Should have seen it in theatres :thumbsup:

nilavupriyan
27th September 2006, 10:03 PM
Is this the first time u watchiing it?? Should have seen it in theatres :thumbsup:

i dont understand hindi...in theatres they do use subtitles...

that too for a film like rang de basanti u need to listen to the dialogues...!

sidharth ...i dint believe he could act this well...they have used him well

Surya
28th September 2006, 02:14 AM
They have English Subtitles for HIndi Movies in TN? :o

P_R
28th September 2006, 02:26 AM
They have English Subtitles for HIndi Movies in TN? :o Unfortunately no

Surya
28th September 2006, 03:59 AM
That Blows...:roll:

nilavupriyan
6th October 2006, 03:11 PM
just now saw dil chahtha hai...wow..amazing movie!

music is great really....i saw the songs only after finishing the movie.....especially thanuhaye

aamir was so good..all did great job!

but one thing srikes me....why all these bollywood directors are making movies on upper class guys....nowadays i could notice many movies where the heroes and the surroundings are of upper class! :roll:

but these hindi movies are really better than the movies relased years ago in hindi !...tamil movies in early 90's and late 80's are really great!....nowadays... :roll: ....no maniratnam,barathiraja,kamalhaasan,balumahendra works in tamil in full swing!

no guna,mahandhi,thalapathi,nayagan,kuridhipunal,mudh al mariyadhai,sathi leelvathi types...

dry...

hindi movies are better!

selvakumar
4th December 2006, 07:02 PM
I haven't watched many HINDI movies. Infact, started watching only few years back. I have watched few old HINDI movies !
to be precise : I have become a fan of AAMIR. :) esp after RDB ! I haven't watched his old movies.
thinking of buying some CDs of good old AAMIR films !

Can anyone list some good movies of AAMIR so that my job will become relatively easier? :P
I have plans to buy
RDB
DCH

??

Unicorn
4th December 2006, 07:18 PM
Lagaan and Mangal Pandey are his other off beat stuff :)
Fanaas a good movie,similar to the eye of the needle.
Watch DCH :thumbsup:
Almost all his other movies are typical bollywood romantics :)
Some of his best r
-Raja Hindustani
-All his movies with Mansoor Khan(JJWS,QSQT,AHAT)
-Ghulam
-Sarfarosh(not many like it though :oops: )
-rangeela
-Dil etc

I haven't watched many HINDI movies. Infact, started watching only few years back. I have watched few old HINDI movies !
to be precise : I have become a fan of AAMIR. :) esp after RDB ! I haven't watched his old movies.
thinking of buying some CDs of good old AAMIR films !

Can anyone list some good movies of AAMIR so that my job will become relatively easier? :P
I have plans to buy
RDB
DCH

??

selvakumar
4th December 2006, 07:32 PM
FANAA - Must buy :wink: :P
Navin, Thanks for the information on his other movies ! :)
Can you abbreviate JJWS etc :oops:

great
4th December 2006, 07:55 PM
Some of his best r
-Raja Hindustani
-Ghulam
-rangeela
-Dil etc

Raja Hindustani is one of the worst movie of Aamir Khan . Dont waste your time watching this movie.
Jo Jeetha Wohi Sikandar.
Qayamat se Qayamat tak.
Akhele Hum Akhele Tum.
Ghulam it was remade in tamil with arjun ie Suthathiram
Sarfarosh ( It was liked by all :? )
Rangeela
Andaz Apna Apna
Mangal Pandey

Unicorn
4th December 2006, 10:11 PM
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander,
Was remade into Tamil as Badri :wink:
Original was way better.
Cycling race instead of kick-boxin..Good movie with awesome songs :D
I heard that JJWS was in itself inspired from a 1970's hollywood movie :?

FANAA - Must buy :wink: :P
Navin, Thanks for the information on his other movies ! :)
Can you abbreviate JJWS etc :oops:

Unicorn
4th December 2006, 10:13 PM
I watched it when I was very young..
liked it then..
Many ppl share the sae contradictory view abt Raja Hindustani :huh:
Then how did it turn even bigger than comtemporary DTPH :roll:

Some of his best r
-Raja Hindustani
-Ghulam
-rangeela
-Dil etc

Raja Hindustani is one of the worst movie of Aamir Khan . Dont waste your time watching this movie.
Jo Jeetha Wohi Sikandar.
Qayamat se Qayamat tak.
Akhele Hum Akhele Tum.
Ghulam it was remade in tamil with arjun ie Suthathiram
Sarfarosh ( It was liked by all :? )
Rangeela
Andaz Apna Apna
Mangal Pandey

Unicorn
4th December 2006, 10:26 PM
QSQT was the first bollywood movie I watched :banghead:
I was 2-3 then,a hardcore Rajnikanth fan.
My maama(mom's bro) and his frnds(students @ REC Surat) hooked up @ our place during their vacations.
They rented hindi VCRs and played abt 3 movies everyday :banghead:
I was fed up and demanded 'Maapillai' to be played :evil:
They bullied me and ropin me to a chair they made me watch QSQT.I really cried durin the climax part :cry2: :cry3:
I can remember the Papa kehte hain no word by word :)
Now,whenever I go to his place @ bombay,occasionally for vacations I force his child to watch movies of Vijay.Hes become a Vijay fan now :)
vengeance is sweet :evil:
Jus thought of postin it :) Dont mind the mokkai :cool:

ajithfederer
4th December 2006, 10:31 PM
Poor kid has suffered the ultimate torture one could ever undergo in thier life 8-)

I force his child to watch movies of Vijay.Hes become a Vijay fan now :)

Unicorn
4th December 2006, 10:36 PM
Thank god I dint play any AJith movies.
I wudve been in jail by now :cry: :cry:

Poor kid has suffered the ultimate torture one could ever undergo in thier life 8-)

great
4th December 2006, 11:26 PM
liked it then..

Nadheem Shravan music , Aamir Khan , Kareena Kapoor and the movie was liked by femal audience. Raja Hindustani should be highest grosser for Dharmesh Darshan. They made another film with Aamir khan and his brother Faizal Khan MELA , it was debut for faizal. The movie was complete washout

imsai
4th December 2006, 11:33 PM
Now,whenever I go to his place @ bombay,occasionally for vacations I force his child to watch movies of Vijay.Hes become a Vijay fan now

can you make me a vj fan? :lol2:

Nerd
4th December 2006, 11:35 PM
Selva, I would strongly recommend:
QsQT
JJWS
rangeela
andaz apna apna
DCH
RDB

These are my most favourite Aamir movies 8-)

romio
5th December 2006, 02:29 AM
Amir khan nodout best among Bunch of stupid khan's 8-) amir is the Real King Khan of bollywood..

My favourate Amir movies -

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar
Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin
Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
Dil
Andaz Apna Apna
Baazi
Lagaan
Rang De Basanti
Dil Chahta Hai

:D

Surya
5th December 2006, 03:48 AM
I loved Dil Chatha Hai, Lagaan, and Rang De Basanti (RDB has some things which were uncalled for etc though)

But My ALL TIME Aamir Khan fav is FANAA!! :D :D :D :thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

nickraman
5th December 2006, 05:05 AM
Aamir is the best no doubt. I'm expecting more from him in "Lajjo" and "Kajri."

Surya
5th December 2006, 05:26 AM
Looks like Kajri probably isn't going to be in for a while. :( I guess we can expect it in early 2008.

ajithfederer
5th December 2006, 09:31 AM
Nee iruka vendiya idam than :wink:

Thank god I dint play any AJith movies.
I wudve been in jail by now :cry: :cry:

selvakumar
5th December 2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks a lot

GREAT machi :)
Nerd :)
and
Romio machi !

Navin,
Are you sure that JJWS is the original version of Badri ? :?

ajithfederer
5th December 2006, 09:44 AM
ippdi than unnayum vijay fan aa mathinangala babycorn?? :roll:

Now,whenever I go to his place @ bombay,occasionally for vacations I force his child to watch movies of Vijay.Hes become a Vijay fan now

can you make me a vj fan? :lol2:

great
5th December 2006, 09:59 AM
Selva, I would strongly recommend:
QsQT
JJWS
rangeela
andaz apna apna
DCH
RDB

These are my most favourite Aamir movies 8-)

:o you didnt like Sarfarosh its easily one of the best movie of KHAN according to me . John Mathew Mathan did a wonderfull job in that movie inspite of being a fresher and the songs were :2thumbsup: specially

*Jo Haal Dil Ka

*Hoshwaalon Ko Kabhar Kya

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 03:47 PM
Thats the last of Nadeem Shravan I believe :roll:
My friend brought me a complilation of the scenario they created when they split up :rotfl: :rotfl: Street fight rangeku irukku :banghead:

liked it then..

Nadheem Shravan music , Aamir Khan , Kareena Kapoor and the movie was liked by femal audience. Raja Hindustani should be highest grosser for Dharmesh Darshan. They made another film with Aamir khan and his brother Faizal Khan MELA , it was debut for faizal. The movie was complete washout

great
5th December 2006, 06:54 PM
My friend brought me a complilation of the scenario they created when they split up :rotfl: :rotfl: Street fight rangeku irukku :banghead:

Nope it was not their last film after Raja Hindustani they did pardes, Dhadkan etc etc even for Raaz they were the composers . Raaz was released in 2k1 / 2k2

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 06:58 PM
Oh! :) havent listened to much of NS.
My favourites Ashiqi :D Wers the hero of that movie :huh:

Nope it was not their last film after Raja Hindustani they did pardes, Dhadkan etc etc even for Raaz they were the composers . Raaz was released in 2k1 / 2k2

Nerd
5th December 2006, 10:16 PM
:o you didnt like Sarfarosh its easily one of the best movie of KHAN according to me . John Mathew Mathan did a wonderfull job in that movie inspite of being a fresher and the songs were :2thumbsup: specially

*Jo Haal Dil Ka

*Hoshwaalon Ko Kabhar Kya

Yes. I have forgotten to include that. Actually that movie had a very tight screenplay. Think it even won a filmfare award for the screenplay :thumbsup:

nickraman
6th December 2006, 06:30 AM
[tscii:7d2002d17c]Mani Rathnam’s ‘Lajjo’ to start in August, 2007
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, December 05, 2006]

It seems Kareena Kapoor will have to wait a while before she can start work on her dream project, ‘ Lajjo’. Directed by Mani Rathnam, she would be paired with perfectionist Aamir Khan for the first time. This much anticipated film was supposed to start this December or January, 2007, but with Aamir planning to kick start the remake of Tamil hit ‘Ghajini’ under his own home production in January, it seems ‘Lajjo’ will have to wait till August, 2007 to finally start.

For the meanwhile Kareena is basking in the glory of boyfriend Shahid Kapoor’s first super hit ‘Vivah’. No, she is not in a hurry to sign new films. And no, she isn’t bothered about her pairing with one time lover Hrithik Roshan in Zoya Akhtar’s directorial debut. As of now Kareena is listening to new scripts and is determined to do quality work. Seems Aamir Khan effect is catching up big time in Bollywood. [/tscii:7d2002d17c]

selvakumar
6th December 2006, 12:45 PM
Has Amir done any remakes before Gajini?

Anyway, Amir + Mani ! Interesting indeed ! :) :bluejump:

Kareena kapoor :cry2: :hammer:

great
7th December 2006, 07:50 PM
Oh! :) havent listened to much of NS.
My favourites Ashiqi :D Wers the hero of that movie :huh:

Deepak Tijori was seen once in a while .

Selva, I dont think he has done any remakes before.

kannannn
8th December 2006, 02:23 AM
:o you didnt like Sarfarosh its easily one of the best movie of KHAN according to me . John Mathew Mathan did a wonderfull job in that movie inspite of being a fresher
Apparently, Mathan had to wait 2 years to get Aamir to do the role. Aamir kept postponing the shoot just to discourage Mathan, since he didn't believe in him. And surprisingly, Naseerudin Shah rates Sharfarosh among his forgettable ones. According to him, his character was weakly written and anyone could have done his role. But still, I liked the movie. Especially Aamir's interrogation scenes in Rajasthan.

nickraman
8th December 2006, 07:20 AM
Has Amir done any remakes before Gajini?

Back in his "debut" days, he and Indra Kumar did "Dil" a remake based of Bhagyaraj's movie. Forgot the name though, but that's about it. "O Priya Priya" was remade song from Ratnam's "Gitanjali."

Kareena kapoor :cry2: :hammer:

I take it, you haven't SEEN Omkara?

selvakumar
20th December 2006, 01:17 PM
[tscii:942e916319]<a href="http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Slideshows/slideshows2/bollywood-six/bollywood-3.html">
Aamir Khan </a>

- The man who believes more in quality than in quantity.

- He is known to wait years for the right script.

- His ambition is to bring an Oscar to India.

- The one person who many believe is a better ‘actor’ than SRK.

- The perfectionist of Bollywood; when he acts in a movie, he ensures that all aspects are perfect.

- In short he brings success.

- He gets between 5 and 6 crores for a movie.[/tscii:942e916319]

selvakumar
24th January 2007, 11:26 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/28675.html

:banghead:

MADDY
24th January 2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/28675.html

:banghead:

thats bcos Filmfare and Aamir Khan are at loggerheads always:

aamir was not given a award for many good performances and SRK was given for average performances.....

finally in 97 0r 96 he was given best actor award for "raja hindustani" but aamir refused to accept it 8-)

he stopped attending their functions etc....

he then sued Filmfare for 22 crores when they used his promo/pic without his permission...... :lol:

now tell me how they will include him in the power list.... :wink:

Sinthiya
1st January 2008, 12:03 PM
Taare Zameen Par....wow...simply, the best movie after Kannathil Muthamittal, IMO! :clap:
(even with subtitles :oops:)

+ The little boy is awesome - he is a boy-version of 'Amudha' of KM :o (literally)...he acted so well :thumbsup:
+ Aamir Khan (superb first movie for his production, great direction 8-)...all the best to his production co....scenes where Aamir tears up are sooo real, cause we can feel it as well...
+ songs are quite good; BGM was just perfect
+ I was so overwhelmed throughout the movie...great, inspirational story :thumbsup:...every child is indeed special...
+ Among the many sad endings that we have seen this year :evil: , this movie ends on a bright note that makes us feel good...:)

My fav scenes:
- the little boy hugging Aamir in the climax and in the end :cry:
- seeing the paintings of Ishaan and Aamir (the teacher)

A must watch, at least to see the 'little stars' that shine on the screen...this is the most memorable movie since KM and will see it again :thumbsup:...

Looking forward to seeing Aamir Khan in Ghajini re-make 8-)!

Wibha
2nd January 2008, 12:59 PM
sinthi :D good u liked it :D

oh yea i loveddddddddddd those scenes...........first i thought he wud draw aamir :D but then :thumbsup:

i wasnt happy with the BGM...........cud've been done WAYYYYYY better............every tune can go back to title song.............................and i didn't like the way aamir gets attracted to the kid...............like it cud've been more defined........and an hour intro to the kid..........hmmm,..................but overall it was JUSTTT GREAT :D

thilak4life
4th January 2008, 10:11 AM
Saw TZP. It's just about "good". Like RDB, the film would go down as the most overhyped from the year. However, one should appreciate Khan's talent to reach more people with his product (which is sensible than his peers - huh, the other *s). In any case, it's a worthy debut. But once again, the year testifies hindi cinema's resurgence to progressive stuff. The only complain one could have is the fetish for hollywood tropes, and lack of rootedness* (of course, a VB would destory this notion). Let that be excused, the sophistication is appreciative. TZP of course plays to the urban mumbai milieu, with much success. The film is as much as the world of child, and his ways of looking at things, as it is about "dyslexia" and the inspiring teacher...

* - once could argue this to be the reflection of the liberal urban India today..

Sinthiya
5th January 2008, 10:44 AM
sinthi :D good u liked it :D

oh yea i loveddddddddddd those scenes...........first i thought he wud draw aamir :D but then :thumbsup:

i wasnt happy with the BGM...........cud've been done WAYYYYYY better............every tune can go back to title song.............................and i didn't like the way aamir gets attracted to the kid...............like it cud've been more defined........and an hour intro to the kid..........hmmm,..................but overall it was JUSTTT GREAT :D
I thought the BGM was just perfect - not overpowering - simple and soothing to the ears...

the kid is the real star of the movie :thumbsup:...an hour is needed to show his 'problem'...otherwise, one can assume, he's just a lazy kid :oops:...one thing that irritated me though was, that Ishaan was not talking :x ...he was too quiet :roll: ...

Aamir is drawn to the kid so quickly and it's shown well, cause he suffered from it, so he understands the condition and feels for him...

:P ....i wanna see it again!

Nerd
5th January 2008, 11:31 AM
Is a *good* DVD print available online anywhere :oops:

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 03:30 PM

:shock: I thought this film opened in many cities in US, my sister(needless to say, like all women her age, she's mad about the film - too gullible, I say) got to see the film there.

Indiaglitz has the list of theaters..

dsath
7th January 2008, 07:18 PM
[tscii:31e380f106]The movie is brilliant. It is simply soul touching. I liked many scenes which were almost close to real life - the way the father reacts at the mention of a problem - shows how all disabilities are linked to mental retardation in our society.
The reaction of the headmaster when a name is given to the disability of the child - without even bothering to know more about it dismissing the child from school. The scene explaining what real caring means and the reference to Solomon Islands was another touching one. In the rat race many parents of this generation forget what real caring is all about, with out even realizing it. The boy’s performance was simply superb.
I also liked the message that, with the right intervention and teaching process all children with different abilities can go thru mainstream school.

How many film makers can handle a subject like this with such sensitiveness? This is one of a few Hindi movies that is clean and very well made. It will join my favorite list. It is a must watch film for every parent. Movies like this needs to be appreciated and rewarded, so other film makers and producers will be encouraged to make more such movies. I hope it does well at the box office and wins a few awards.

I should also appreciate Abhishek Bachaan for letting his name to be used in the movie. In a country where ‘being different’ is a stigma, it sure requires courage to let one’s name be associated with a disability. Well done!!!! :)
[/tscii:31e380f106]

thilak4life
7th January 2008, 08:31 PM
The film is sincere, and um, sensitive, but it's nothing but served-and-packed for the middle class.

Nerd
8th January 2008, 09:22 AM

:shock: I thought this film opened in many cities in US, my sister(needless to say, like all women her age, she's mad about the film - too gullible, I say) got to see the film there.

Indiaglitz has the list of theaters..

There are cities in the USA where there are no desi theaters and I have to travel about 200 miles to goto a desi theater. munnAdi iruntha city-lErunthu I have moved... Now I cant watch masterpieces like vEl/ATM in theater :cry:

crajkumar_be
8th January 2008, 10:18 AM
... Now I cant watch masterpieces like vEl/ATM in theater :cry:
oothunga da eNNaya.. koLuthungadA andha oora :twisted:

Sinthiya
9th January 2008, 09:56 AM
[tscii:dcbe109946]The movie is brilliant. It is simply soul touching. I liked many scenes which were almost close to real life - the way the father reacts at the mention of a problem - shows how all disabilities are linked to mental retardation in our society. The reaction of the headmaster when a name is given to the disability of the child - without even bothering to know more about it dismissing the child from school. The scene explaining what real caring means and the reference to Solomon Islands was another touching one. In the rat race many parents of this generation forget what real caring is all about, with out even realizing it. The boy’s performance was simply superb.
I also liked the message that, with the right intervention and teaching process all children with different abilities can go thru mainstream school.

How many film makers can handle a subject like this with such sensitiveness? This is one of a few Hindi movies that is clean and very well made. It will join my favorite list. It is a must watch film for every parent. Movies like this needs to be appreciated and rewarded, so other film makers and producers will be encouraged to make more such movies. I hope it does well at the box office and wins a few awards.

I should also appreciate Abhishek Bachaan for letting his name to be used in the movie. In a country where ‘being different’ is a stigma, it sure requires courage to let one’s name be associated with a disability. Well done!!!! :)
[/tscii:dcbe109946]
well said, dsath...my feelings exactly....:)....I would rather movies like this be appreciated and rewarded for its message....:thumbsup:...I have heard great reviews of this movie from my co-workers, as well :)...

karthik_sa2
27th January 2008, 12:36 AM
taare zameen par ---just one word 'awsome'...i became extremely emotional the last few scenes .when i saw my friends sitting next to me they were also under the same effect..what a movie!!shankar ehasan loy have done a wonderful job....aamir as usual kamal stuff...

ajithfederer
22nd May 2008, 07:19 AM
[tscii:64f8cdd80b]His latest blog entry

http://www.aamirkhan.com/blog.htm

I’m sitting under a tree, on the edge of a valley, approximately 5000 feet above sea level. The river Krishna flows far below us snaking its way among the Sahyadri mountains. A cool breeze is blowing, jannat ki hawa (breeze from the heavens), as my mother calls it. Ammi, Ira and Junaid are by my side and we are in the middle of one of our favourite board games ‘Settlers Of Catan’. Shahrukh is licking my feet and I am feeding him biscuits every now and then. What more can I ask for?

Now, before you jump to any conclusions let me add that Shahrukh is the name of our dog. And before you jump to any further conclusions let me add that I had nothing to do with naming him. In fact Shahrukh is the dog of the caretakers of our house. When I bought this house it came with the caretakers and their dog! Apparently Shahrukh (the actor) was shooting for a commercial in this house a few years ago, and that very day the caretakers bought a pup…, and named him Shahrukh. What are the chances of me buying a house which comes with a dog called Shahrukh!!!

Some of my friends claim that I bought the house just because of the dog. I would have to be a serious fan of Shahrukh’s to want to do that. Your guess…

All I can say is I’m waiting for him to come over, .

Getting back to Settlers of Catan, it’s a wonderful game. You must try it if you are fond of board games.

All in all I am having a great time with my mom and kids here in my favorite place on earth, Panchgani. I think Kiran and I must have done something good in our life to be blessed with this great place to get away to.

My hamstring muscle seems to be healing, slowly but surely.

Catching up on films, saw Casino Royale last night which I liked.

Incidentally Panchgani is a favorite with para-gliders. Now that’s something I am going to learn as soon as I finish with the Ghajini shoot.

Well Shahrukh is once again begging for my attention, so let me get back to him. He is smelling too much, I think he needs a bath. “Heel boy, heel.” [/tscii:64f8cdd80b]

littlemaster1982
22nd May 2008, 09:25 AM
Didn't expect this from Aamir :oops:

sarna_blr
22nd May 2008, 09:30 AM
Didn't expect this from Aamir :oops:

arasilla idhellaam saadhaaranamappaa... :lol2: