PDA

View Full Version : Film Stats & Assorted queries

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

rachel
28th November 2005, 04:31 PM
When was Kamal Haasan awarded "Padmashri" ?

Alien
28th November 2005, 04:39 PM
That was an out of the blue , response :twisted: I very well know, u don't have a clue :lol:
Ok I've seen him having Padmasri in DevarMagan which was released in 1993 !
So he must have been awarded b4 that
:shock:

rachel
28th November 2005, 04:50 PM
That was an out of the blue , response :twisted: I very well know, u don't have a clue :lol:
Ok I've seen him having Padmasri in DevarMagan which was released in 1993 !
So he must have been awarded b4 that
:shock:

ok..then.... what about 1990

Shakthiprabha.
28th November 2005, 05:03 PM
:lol:

u ppl turn every thread into a JOKES thread :)))))

Alien
28th November 2005, 05:07 PM
u ppl turn every thread into a JOKES thread :)))))
:shock: :twisted:
I was posting a genuine query !! Ok, do u have any idea abt the year?
Bcos, I noticed in Thevar Magan, the titles read
Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganeshan nadikkum, Padmasri Kamal Haasan's ............
So he must have been awarded Padmasri b4 that !

Shakthiprabha.
28th November 2005, 05:37 PM
Nopes... I am no wiz in any movie matters. :)

tfmlover
29th November 2005, 09:08 AM
in 1992 he got
too late he shud hve given one long beefr..in 1963 for his 'Ananda Jyoti'

nilavupriyan
29th November 2005, 09:13 AM
in 1992 he got

:shock: :shock: :shock: ...... u r the greatest fan of kamal :lol:

Alien
29th November 2005, 09:32 AM
in 1992 he got
I thought u was talking abt someone else !! Coz I don't know abt the film Ananda Jyoti - never heard abt it
So he received it in 1992 ?! Mmmm...Ok...Thanks 4 the info :)
R u a Kamal fan ?

j.chenkalvarayan
30th November 2005, 07:27 PM
hey someone open a thread for folk songs. i'll chip in.

Nerd
3rd December 2005, 10:38 PM
There is a song which goes like this: samarasam ulAvum idamE. Can anyone tell me which movie is this from?? Extremely old movie, I believe :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
3rd December 2005, 11:05 PM
I think its...

NEERKUMIZHI?!! (sung my seergazhi govindarajan avl)

not sure.

Nerd
3rd December 2005, 11:13 PM
you mean KB's first movie?? I dont think so.. It was kind of a communism song.. Remember listening to that in FM long time ago :)

Shakthiprabha.
3rd December 2005, 11:19 PM
hmm I am not sure myself.

yup may be rev song. dont remember the mvoie

rajraj
4th December 2005, 02:27 AM
There is a song which goes like this: samarasam ulAvum idamE. Can anyone tell me which movie is this from?? Extremely old movie, I believe :roll:

Rambaiyin kaadhal. Sung by Sirkazhi Govindarajan.

Nerd
4th December 2005, 03:22 AM
Thanks Raj, now I know how old you are :) Any other information about rambaiyin kaathal?

rajraj
4th December 2005, 03:34 AM
Thanks Raj, now I know how old you are :) Any other information about rambaiyin kaathal?

kasi,
Had you been visiting paattukku paattu thread in the last two or three weeks you would have known more about me! :lol:

rambaiyin kaadhal (1956)

Music: T.R.Paappaa

Cast: Thangavelu, Bhanumathi, Subbiah,Balaiah, Nambiar, Rajam ,E.V.Saroja and T.P.Muthulakshmi

Lyrics: Maruthakasi and Ramaiyadas

Nerd
5th December 2005, 03:48 AM
kasi,
Had you been visiting paattukku paattu thread in the last two or three weeks you would have known more about me! Laughing

My bad :oops:

Anyways thanks a ton raj :)

Querida
5th December 2005, 08:34 AM
Hi Y'all

little help please been trying like mad to find this musical score (contemp. sounding classical...mostly strings...i know it is a reworking of a classical piece by a famous composer...it is a popular piece) played at the beginning of the SUN TV broadcast of the Stars Night in Malaysia awhile back...does anyone know the name of that score? I heard it again on this italian station and i caught the name "nostra" but nothing else :(

Surya
7th December 2005, 07:39 AM
Q,
That's kind of a vague discription. But from the Classical, and strings I could only think of a portion of Raa raa....

Nerd
7th December 2005, 10:59 PM
Has anyone seen this movie, navarasa by santosh sivan?? good/bad?? its a movie about thelife of eunuches :?

mirattalji
8th December 2005, 09:06 PM
navarasa is really good..
however it may not suit amateur audience...

Nerd
9th December 2005, 09:33 AM
nanRi mirattalji. Just one among us saw that movie though?? :?

Alien
9th December 2005, 06:22 PM
Nilavu, I shift this query here , coz this is the rite thread I believe

Did Kamal win a national award for Sagara Sangamam or KalathUr kaNNamma ? I've many times heard that he has won 4 national awards ....... :roll:
8-)

kalathur kannamma-best child artiste.

he got national award for best screenplay writer for virasat too.. :D
Wow thats really cooooooll 8-) :D :D ...He rightly deserves for the screenplay of that film, must have won that for tamil Thevar Magan(1992) too :? ..............Which year was Virasat?
So for acting he earned 4 national awards ! for screenplay 1 ! Has he won any other national awards ??

nilavupriyan
9th December 2005, 06:24 PM
Nilavu, I shift this query here , coz this is the rite one I believe

Did Kamal win a national award for Sagara Sangamam or KalathUr kaNNamma ? I've many times heard that he has won 4 national awards ....... :roll:
8-)

kalathur kannamma-best child artiste.

he got national award for best screenplay writer for virasat too.. :D
Wow thats really cooooooll 8-) :D :D ...He rightly deserves for the screenplay of that film, must have won that for tamil Thevar Magan(1992) too :? ..............Which year was Virasat?
So for acting he earned 4 national awards ! for screenplay 1 ! Has he won any other national awards ??

dont know!...may have produced a movie which won national award! :roll:

Alien
9th December 2005, 06:27 PM
Hmmm......Ok... 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
11th December 2005, 11:28 PM
There was this good mallu movie telecasted in surya tv recently.

it had RAHMAAAAN and some unknown actress
It had shrividhya, mamooty as leading pair
it had sulakshana and some mallu actor as another pair
IT talked about sceptic attitudes of spouses towards each other.

Mohanlal was there too.

Does anyone know What is the movie's name?

It had a melodious songs.

I wanna know WHAT HAPPENS IN THE END?

Sanguine Sridhar
12th December 2005, 12:48 PM

Mohanlal was there too.

Enda Guruvaayurappa!

Shakthiprabha.
12th December 2005, 01:07 PM

Mohanlal was there too.

Enda Guruvaayurappa!

Is that the film title?

or

Is that the climax :? :?

Alien
12th December 2005, 01:45 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: Mmmm...wow...such a huuuuuge star cast .....
I ofcourse meant Mammooty & Mohanlal & Sri vidya only.

Shakthiprabha.
12th December 2005, 02:16 PM
:grin:

Surya
14th December 2005, 07:05 AM
Hey guys wassup. I got a ?.

In Anniyan, there is the hilarious train scene where Vivek dominates. But there's a part where everyone gets ready for bed, and Vikram starts to sing to get Sada's attention. Pretty soon the whole train starts to sing. Vivek who is now frustrated screams "SARADHAAA!!!!" to make ppl stop.

Why Saradhaa? Is there anything behind it?

Shakthiprabha.
14th December 2005, 09:09 AM
'sharadaaaaaaaaaaa'

was the famous word in 'SHANKARABARANAM' movie(telugu movie...was a clean hit that even other southerners watched it)

Shankara shastri, is an eminent singer, who considers 'shastriya sangeetham' next to god.

His daughter would be singing "saamaja vara gamanaa" (a famous song in hindolam), during the eve of her proposal. She would be carried away, with her lover's thought that hindolam would slip to a very minute detail, and she would sing a swara which would NOT belong to hindolam.

Thats when SHANKARA SHASTRI who would be obsorbed in her singing would ROAR...."SHARADAAA"(her name) ....To show his anger.

The whole crowd would come to a stand still registering his wrath.

(EXXXXXXXXXXXCELLENT MOVIE TO WATCH)

Alien
14th December 2005, 09:19 AM
I think the best Telungu movies r by K.Viswanath ! Shankarabaranam, Sagara Sangamam, Swathy Muthyam,......
:roll:

vetrivendan
14th December 2005, 04:39 PM
Sivaji has acted in only one KB film? Do you guys know this movie name? KR Vijaya acted with him. I trying to remember this movie name, but I could not.

mirattalji
14th December 2005, 04:57 PM
wow shakthi akka u seem to be well informed..

ssanjinika
14th December 2005, 06:45 PM
Sivaji has acted in only one KB film? Do you guys know this movie name? KR Vijaya acted with him. I trying to remember this movie name, but I could not.

Dont remember the name but its a great movie.Its about this lawyer who has 10 principles he follows religiously in life but how circumstances and his actions make him break all the 10 principles is what the story is about.Great movie.

vetrivendan
14th December 2005, 08:34 PM

Dont remember the name but its a great movie.Its about this lawyer who has 10 principles he follows religiously in life but how circumstances and his actions make him break all the 10 principles is what the story is about.Great movie.Yeah, It was a good movie. I heard it was a flop movie. But, I liked it very much.

Querida
15th December 2005, 02:01 AM
Ever since watching the Illayaraja concert program I have not been able to forget that song from the Movie Olangal "Thumbi Vaa" was the movie any good or was it just the songs?

Shakthiprabha.
15th December 2005, 09:07 AM
Q,

never heard of any movie named OLANGAL. :?

PPl,

Whats the name of sivaji movie directed by balachandar? Thats something I gotta watch. Its queer considering, balachandar wants subtle emotions to be portrayed, and shivaji had been audible in most of his movies :smile:

RR
15th December 2005, 02:38 PM
Prabha, the movie is Ethiroli.

Shakthiprabha.
15th December 2005, 02:51 PM
oh thanks RR. :smile:

vetrivendan
15th December 2005, 05:49 PM
Prabha, the movie is Ethiroli.Thanks RR, I have been trying to get this movie name for quite a few days.

stranger
15th December 2005, 11:42 PM
well, Did anybody notice???

* Is "anniyan" "look" inspired from Howard Stern?. Vikram's costume and get-up looks more like Howard Stern!

* There is a "Crane" used in a robbery in the movie Analyze that. I believe KH's usage of Crane in MX was surely inspired from analyze that!

ssanjinika
17th December 2005, 06:41 AM
Hey Does anyone know from where I can download tamizh pada padal??

Alien
17th December 2005, 11:21 AM
Hey Does anyone know from where I can download tamizh pada padal??
www.cooltoad.com ...register there for free and they have got a huuuge collection

http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/category.php?id=10356&PHPSESSID=8c5097d4e56fbce4ec450d2081dba673

Surya
20th December 2005, 03:44 AM
Looks like they've changed it from Coolgoose to Cooltoad. :D

I used to go there frequently to download MP3s, but a coupel times I downloaded some songs with Horrible Quality! So for new Songs, I go to http://tamilmahal.com/ or http://mohankumars.com/.

Mohan Kumars has excellent quality, but u used to have to pay. I think it's changed now, because I downloaded the Thavamai Thavamirunthu and Aaru albums for free. 8-)

ssanjinika
20th December 2005, 05:26 AM
Thanks Vasant and Surya :).Appreciate it.

BTW surya..ur avtar is really good.

Alien
20th December 2005, 06:11 AM
cooltoad (aka coolgoose) is best for old, intermediate songs ! U can find many of the rare ones which u can't download from anywhere else !!
For new songs, as surya suggested mohankumars.com is good. But I usually go to tamilbeat.com. And in tamilbeat.com they have got quite some randomly selected 80s songs of Raja,KJY,SPB.....and some popular 80s films' songs......

Surya, Which movie is that avatar from? A new one ?? He looks very smart :D

Surya
20th December 2005, 06:36 AM
yeah, U can even download TV Serial Songs @ cooltoad.

Sanjanika, and Vasanth,
Reg Avatar: Thanks! :D It's from "June R" starring Jo, Kushboo, and Saritha, directed by Revathy. Perazhagan plays a guest role in the film! :D :clap: :D

Alien
20th December 2005, 06:40 AM
Oh Surya plays a guest role :o !!! Thats very nice to do 8-)!! I would be looking forward to that film :P

Surya
20th December 2005, 06:42 AM
I hear it's releasing in Jan. Not sure though.

Anyone know when it's releasing exactly? :?

Sinthiya
20th December 2005, 09:06 AM
i saw a song from the Hindi version of 'Kaaka Kaaka'...i thought i saw Madhavan in the video along with some other actor...

what's the name of the 'Kaaka Kaaka' hindi movie and is Madhavan in it (or am I just seeing him :P :oops: ?)

Surya
20th December 2005, 09:15 AM
What is the name of the film??? I wasn't aware that htere was a hindhi version!!!

Sinthiya
20th December 2005, 09:42 AM
interesting...it's actually 'Minnale' hindi version called 'Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein (2001)' with Madhavan :) , Saif Ali Khan, and Diya Mirza...hence I saw Madhavan...

but I heard the hindi version of the song 'Ondra Irandra'...that's why I wondered....

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/H000347.html

it's 'Dil Ko' song...it's the Kaaka Kaaka 'Ondra Irandra' song...for hindi Minnale movie...

:o ...interesting....

Sinthiya
20th December 2005, 09:50 AM
HJ is the music director for the movies...so I suppose that song was first in 'RHTDM (2001)'...then the tamil version of the song in Kaaka Kaaka (2003 ?)...

please someone confirm that RHTDM came before KK...thanks!

Alien
20th December 2005, 09:55 AM
HJ is the music director for the movies...so I suppose that song was first in 'RHTDM (2001)'...then the tamil version of the song in Kaaka Kaaka (2003 ?)...

please someone confirm that RHTDM came before KK...thanks!
Sinthiya :)
Ur info & Raaga.com say so ! :P Yeah Minnale hindi version came much earlier than KK , I remember reading abt that loooong b4 KK. 8-)
@ King kong , I donno what 2 say :wink:

Sinthiya
20th December 2005, 10:01 AM
thanks...i only looked at Raaga...so wasn't too sure...

jana, how was King Kong? :)

Alien
20th December 2005, 10:09 AM
King kong wasn't bad (many say gr88 :huh: ) ...I too am not a fan of those kinda movies, but nevertheless It was quite fun though lengthy (187 mins !!) ......

I saw The constant gardener in theatre 2 weeks back, I remember u gave ur comments & asked others' view abt that movie, some time back .....That movie was very good, with a powerful message ... 8-)

Sinthiya
20th December 2005, 10:32 AM
same here...not a King Kong fan...i hear it's great as well...most likely wait till DVD...

The Constant Gardener is one of the best I've seen this year...soundtrack is beautiful...yes, it has such a powerful message and Ralph Fienes is such a great actor...glad you liked it...

I have The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to watch...I know you've seen it...will let you know what I think once I watch in the next few days...

Alien
20th December 2005, 10:41 AM
...soundtrack is beautiful....

Yeah, it was toooooo good...I kept telling this to my friends ...... :P
mm..yeah, let me know abt ur view on ESOTSM later, once u seen it,.......

Shakthiprabha.
20th December 2005, 07:23 PM
weird!!! KK came much after REHNA HAI TERE DIL MEIN. I did not listen to the track though (some prob wiht my dumb speaker)

Scale
20th December 2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah That song was in RHTDM. Saif singing with guitar in the movie. RHDM was remade not dubbed. They added this KK song.

Good One. One of my non ARR Fav.

http://www.indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=205

Shakthiprabha.
20th December 2005, 08:03 PM
oh ok added. That clarifies.

Shakthiprabha.
22nd December 2005, 10:38 AM
There is a beautiful song, with DUMB LOOKING DUMB ACTING ACTRESS(dunno the name) which I saw recently.

Heard the song played by ungaL viruppam of yester years.

The song goes this way.

"poovEE ithu poojai kaalamE.....
manam poovia naaduthE
??? ?????
vazhai ena vaLArnthu vaLarnthu...
..??? thonuthE"

EXCELLENT melody. Voice does not sound like SJ or VJ.
(May be T.K.Kala or someone like that not sure)

Can somone tell me the song, movie and the actress?

muz be 80z movie. or late 70z? not sure.

Shakthiprabha.
22nd December 2005, 10:47 AM
Hey I got the song. Did google search. Thanks.

ppl please read this sentence(ppl who are interested in old songs..) and also listen to the link.......... enjoy......

THE SONG HAUNTS. :thumbsup:

yeah its B.S.SASIREKHA. Thats what I thoguht too :grin: (just could nto get the name)

Song: poove idhu poojaikaalame
Film: graamathu adhyayam
Singer: BSSasirekha
Lyrics: Gangai Amaran
MD : IR

'Graamathu adhyayam' was the second film (and last) by Rudraiyaa. After the brilliant 'avaL appadithaan' came this horrible film which is still remembered today only for its songs.

The film,shot in black and white, had a documentary feel .It was dreary, boring and quiet confusing.
'Gramathu adhyayam' is story of a woman (krishnakumari who has a strikling resemblance to her sister tollywood/bollywood actress Rameshwari)

This film had 4 songs
'aathu mettule' (MV,SJ)-for KK and a new hero
'oodha kaathu veesaiyile'(SJ,JC)-for KK and Soundar
'vaadadha rosapooo naan onnu paarthen' (SPB)for another character who is also in love with KK
and
our latest pick which was for KK.

link ............

http://tfmpage.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl?url=http://tfmpage.com/songs/poove.rm

(My extra comment...NAH...SHE DOES NOT RESEMBLE ramehwari... POOR RAMESHWARI :evil:)

Shakthiprabha.
22nd December 2005, 04:11 PM
A request

The above url DID NOT WORK for me :sad:

This song is ever haunting my memory. I WANT TO listen to it again.

Can someone please provide me anyother link if known?

This song IS A HAPPY song, nothing to do with any eerie ghostly or haunting feeling. YET it HAUNTS me. I suppose its to do with the RAAGA OF THE song.

Any idea which raaga this song is based on?

Alien
23rd December 2005, 06:38 AM
It works fine for me :?

Sinthiya
27th December 2005, 09:32 AM
i recently saw a song and the actor looked very much like Vijay... :roll:

is there a movie out that stars Vijay's relative? if so, what's it called?

cellvi2003
27th December 2005, 05:32 PM
i recently saw a song and the actor looked very much like Vijay...

Its Vikranth, the film is Karka Kasadara...

This lad should have taken some leaf from Vj's books, to make a film run, by giving money, but he missed, thats y the film bombed.

nilavupriyan
27th December 2005, 06:36 PM
i recently saw a song and the actor looked very much like Vijay...

Its Vikranth, the film is Karka Kasadara...

This lad should have taken some leaf from Vj's books, to make a film run, by giving money, but he missed, thats y the film bombed.

have u seen the ad for the film?

"ilayathalapathy-in aasiyudan"

enna koduma idhu saravanan!.

ssanjinika
28th December 2005, 03:17 AM
Def like this hair style better(Rajini 80s style :)).
Hey is Jillendru oru kaadhal really dropped?? :(
wanted to watch that movie.

Surya
28th December 2005, 08:36 AM
Guys how did Ezumalai do @ the BO? I saw it this weekend. Aruvai!

Justice
28th December 2005, 10:16 AM
Guys how did Ezumalai do @ the BO? I saw it this weekend. Aruvai!

average hit :)

Surya
29th December 2005, 03:18 AM
Thanks Machi.

Surya
30th December 2005, 05:51 AM
Anyone know where I can download S. Ve. Shekar's Dramas?

I tried cooltoad, but most of their SVS files ahve probs downloading.

ssanjinika
30th December 2005, 08:55 AM
Anyone know where I can download S. Ve. Shekar's Dramas?

I tried cooltoad, but most of their SVS files ahve probs downloading.

If u get "Mahabarathathil Mangaatha" drama pls tell me the link too.Have been trying to get that for a loooong time now and unfourtunately there are no CDs available.

Surya
30th December 2005, 08:58 AM
Will do. :D

Shakthiprabha.
2nd January 2006, 02:20 PM
All who browse internet and post views, reviews, or generally chat around are sure educated enough to know the diff between

GENES and JEANS.

Why is that almost 99 percent of them have referred to prashant and aishwarya's movie as 'JEANS'

COMEON.... the theme is SO EXPLICIT...AND PPL STILL CALL IT 'JEANS!!!!!!!!!!'

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Not a query though, wanted to vent my irritation. thanks.

Such excellent music being analysed, so much intricate analysis being done, all under the name 'JEANS!!'

Alien
2nd January 2006, 05:21 PM
GENES and JEANS.

Why is that almost 99 percent of them have referred to prashant and aishwarya's movie as 'JEANS'

COMEON.... the theme is SO EXPLICIT...AND PPL STILL CALL IT 'JEANS!!!!!!!!!!'

Ppl should still call it "jeans" !! :lol: Coz that was the movie name ! So SP akka, better vent ur irritation on Shankar or whoever went for that name :? :)

Shakthiprabha.
2nd January 2006, 05:45 PM
:?

I have NO WORDS. thx anyway for clarifying.

NO WONDER internet is flooded with 'JEANS' than 'GENES'! :dumbfound:

Surya
4th January 2006, 03:51 PM
What movie is this song in guys?

"Mazhai Kaala megam ondru, ingu Oonjal aadiyathu."

It's from the 80's. Obviously Raja.

Thanks! :D

Sanguine Sridhar
4th January 2006, 05:01 PM
Who is that female who dances with Arya in the song "Theepidikka Theepidikka" from Arindhum Ariyamalum? :P

Nerd
4th January 2006, 07:28 PM
What movie is this song in guys?

"Mazhai Kaala megam ondru, ingu Oonjal aadiyathu."

It's from the 80's. Obviously Raja.

Thanks! :D

I think its vaazhvE maayam :)

stranger
4th January 2006, 11:33 PM
You are correct, Kasi!

It is indeed vaazhvE maayam! :)

nilavupriyan
5th January 2006, 12:23 AM
Who is that female who dances with Arya in the song "Theepidikka Theepidikka" from Arindhum Ariyamalum? :P

idhu oru nalla kElvi

anyone knows who is she?...acts in any other movie?

rachel
5th January 2006, 01:58 AM

idhu oru nalla kElvi

good song :lol: nice dance :lol:

Thirumaran
5th January 2006, 02:12 AM

idhu oru nalla kElvi

Why do you want to know ? Want to open a thread for her?
:lol:

Surya
5th January 2006, 03:21 AM
Thanks Guys! :D

Thirumaran,
Because we want to open a fan club for her!! :P :lol:

Alien
5th January 2006, 05:34 AM
:P
Has anyone seen this movie Pavunu pavunu thaan by K.Bhagyaraj ??
Is it good ? :? I have got a quite corrupted version of that DVD & would like to know , if its worth spending time untangling & watching it

Scale
5th January 2006, 01:13 PM
Name the song in which Manorama has sung for ARR?

clue: ( Aiy Aiy.... driyona thin thin thana dhin dhin thaana hoi - Kickstart by Manorama). :clap:

Give a try without google & later you can listen to this song! :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
5th January 2006, 01:36 PM
vasanth,

pavunu pavuna thaan is good. But kinda tragedy in the end. ITS WORTH THE MONEY def.

rohini has acted well, k.bhagyaraj IS ALWAYS ENTERTAINING.

Alien
5th January 2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks SP akka for the comment. Actually I have already bought that DVD thinking of getting a Bhagyaraj film, but the DVD is not working properly, hence its a tedious process watching the film completely . Thats why I wanted to know, if its still worth it, putting some effort in !
BTW, I too love his movies 8-)

Sanguine Sridhar
5th January 2006, 04:00 PM
Name the song in which Manorama has sung for ARR?

clue: ( Aiy Aiy.... driyona thin thin thana dhin dhin thaana hoi - Kickstart by Manorama). :clap:

Give a try without google & later you can listen to this song! :lol:
Madras-a suthi paaka poreyen from May maadham

ssanjinika
5th January 2006, 07:43 PM
Has anyone seen this movie Pavunu pavunu thaan by K.Bhagyaraj ??
Is it good ? :? I have got a quite corrupted version of that DVD & would like to know , if its worth spending time untangling & watching it

I didnt like the movie too much..but that could be because I felt it wasnt upto Bagyaraj's caliber.This is a guy who gave movies like Anda 7 natkal..Though Rohini's acting and his acting(need I say anything abt his acting)were par excellence.

Scale
5th January 2006, 08:22 PM
Beckam :thumbsup:

That was really a funny song. Totally 4 characters involved in that song.

1. Heroine a cage-free bird now wishes to explore chennai.
2. Manorama was the BG guide (who admires her now) to the heroine explains the beauty/awarness of chennai :lol: :rotfl:
3. Vineeth, Hero is the photographer who accompanies Heroine on virtual tour hesitantly with a motive just to take a photograph
4. Kid : Hero's assistant reminds hero with just a single line on the whole song :all in all kettathu oru photo photo thaan. :oops:

A Very good situational song. Chennaioda perumaiya lyricsla puttu puttu vachirupaanga. :rotfl: Can someone post these lyrics in Very touching Lyrics thread.

Alien
6th January 2006, 05:41 AM
Thanks ssanjinika, for ur comments :thumbsup:

Alien
7th January 2006, 11:58 AM
I watched pavunu pavunu thaan . It was good & entertaining as most of K.Bhagyaraj's movies :thumbsup: (couldn't digest the (ultimate) reason pavuNu says for, refusing to marry him, though I feel it is quite convincing (for ppl) in that milieu & period and convinces me too!)...Surprised to see that he had even composed the music ! "uchANik kombERi utkkArnthirukku ..." is one of my fav songs! He's enormously talented 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
7th January 2006, 02:12 PM
:thumbsup:

vasanth, there is one dialouge which he quotes about "iravu kaatha kiLi" :smile:

I really enjoyed the quote and the situation.

I seroiusy wanna know WHAT DO U THINK IS THE SUGGESTIVE CLIMAX?

Shakthiprabha.
7th January 2006, 03:07 PM
I watched pavunu pavunu thaan . It was good & entertaining as most of K.Bhagyaraj's movies :thumbsup: (couldn't digest the (ultimate) reason pavuNu says for, refusing to marry him, though I feel it is quite convincing (for ppl) in that milieu & period and convinces me too!)...Surprised to see that he had even composed the music ! "uchANik kombERi utkkArnthirukku ..." is one of my fav songs! He's enormously talented 8-)

He has done for quite a number of his movies.

HEZ GOOD AT IT (just like t.rajendar)

One famous movie in which I LOVED HIS MUSIC (and lyrics of few songs) is

ITHU NAMMA AALU.....

"pachai mala saami onnu uchi mala eruthunnu"
"sangeetham paada gnanamuLLAvargaL vendum"
"Ammaadi ithu thaan kaathala"
"kaamadevan aalaiyam"
"Naan aalana thaamrai" (forget botu the lyrics... music is good)

I am not sure if he composed music for all of his songs.

Was there any other movies which he composed music? I suppose he did for most of his movies. I am not sure bout this though.

Alien
7th January 2006, 03:13 PM
vasanth, there is one dialouge which he quotes about "iravu kaatha kiLi" :smile:
I really enjoyed the quote and the situation.
"ilavu kaatha kiLi" 8-) ...Yeah it was excellent...Those kinda dialogues in his movies, almost all the times, impress me (Thats not the case with many other movies of 80s.)

I seroiusy wanna know WHAT DO U THINK IS THE SUGGESTIVE CLIMAX?
U want me to propose ? Ohh....I feel it could have been avoided, pavuNu turning mentally ill, after all that stout stance of her, choosing to remain single forever ! That wanes pavuNu's sheer personality ! so somthing on that lines, without pavuNu turning mentally ill......I'm bad at this.....
What do u think is the suggestive climax, SP akka?

Alien
7th January 2006, 04:51 PM
I am not sure if he composed music for all of his songs.

Was there any other movies which he composed music? I suppose he did for most of his movies. I am not sure bout this though.
Thanks for the information. I wasn't much aware abt his music ...I had heard those songs from "pavunu...." & "ithu namma Aalu" b4, but never thought they were composed by Bhagyaraj himself.... :? .......Yeah, he's very good at it too ! :thumbsup:

Sinthiya
8th January 2006, 01:44 AM
The other guy that was engaged to Laila in Kanda Naal Muthal, is he the same guy in 'Alaipayuthey', who was being proposed to Shalini? The guy looked similar to the guy in KNM.

Renault
8th January 2006, 01:02 PM
Sinthiya, the guy is Karthik kumar, the hero of PC Sreeram's Vaanam Vasapadum, He has now married Radio Mirchi RJ Suchitra.

Shakthiprabha.
8th January 2006, 04:04 PM
yeah bg is a talented person vasanth :smile:
I like his INNOCENT yet smashign dialogues :smile:

What did I think of climax........

I HATE TRAGEDIES with CAPITAL 'H'.

So I assumed this way. He takes her back home with her deranged mind, and slowly she gains her composure over a period of years to BECOME AND LIVE like his wife in their old age.

Marriage and love IS NOT ONLY PHYSICAL. It can be emotional too. Theirs is an emotional bondage and marriage.

shubham.

I only HATED one sick movie of his.

"suvarillaatha siththirangaL' EVEN a most pessimistic person would be LIL MORE optimistic.

pessimism at extreme.

KB is so talented. Wonder why he is out of scene. IS he doing any movie?

Nerd
8th January 2006, 04:11 PM
Isnt paarijaatham written and directed by bhagyaraj?? He introduces his daughter as a heroine.. But she isnt as pretty as her mom though... I think Rajini came for the audio release or something..

Alien
8th January 2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah, Paarijaatham is written & directed by bhagyaraj . His interview was there in the Anandha Vikatan dated 1-1-06 . yeah, his daughter looks very ordinary .

So I assumed this way. He takes her back home with her deranged mind, and slowly she gains her composure over a period of years to BECOME AND LIVE like his wife in their old age.

Marriage and love IS NOT ONLY PHYSICAL. It can be emotional too. Theirs is an emotional bondage and marriage
Oh,ok, u wanted to infer from there ...mmm, i misunderstood.........
Thats the way ! I also would conclude like that :thumbsup:

Wasn't suvarillaatha siththirangal his 1st movie as director? I haven't seen that completely.....
KB, I don't have much regards for him... :huh: .......Bharathiraja, Bhagyaraj I prefer anyday..... 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
8th January 2006, 06:43 PM
I meant K.BHAGYARAJ :oops:

sorry bout it.

KB (K.BALACHANDAR)

rulezzzzzzzzzzzz . NO.1 director.

ANYWAY end dign.

Sanguine Sridhar
9th January 2006, 08:23 PM
Yaarukumey theriyaadha :(

Cod
9th January 2006, 09:39 PM
samiksha?

Thirumaran
9th January 2006, 09:45 PM
samiksha?

Nope. She is the Heroine of the movie.

Thirumaran
9th January 2006, 10:01 PM
samiksha?

Hey I found the name. She is Anjana..

:D

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 06:29 PM
samiksha?

Thanks..enn sandheygathi theerthu vaithamaikaaga..ummakku 1000 porkaasugal...btw she s a model or what?

Sanjeevi
10th January 2006, 06:42 PM
samiksha?

Thanks..enn sandheygathi theerthu vaithamaikaaga..ummakku 1000 porkaasugal...btw she s a model or what?

a useful information to the world :lol:

she is a mumbai model and she danced with Kamal in "Kalakka povathu yaaru" of Vasoolraja MBBS

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 08:10 PM
Extra information..Sanjeevi pidiyum 1000 porkaasugal

NTR
13th January 2006, 09:50 AM
Who is lady dance with Vijay in Vaadi Vaadi song from Sachein, she looks very glamourous and doesnt look like an South Indian..

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2006, 10:55 AM
Who is lady dance with Vijay in Vaadi Vaadi song from Sachein, she looks very glamourous and doesnt look like an South Indian..

NTR
13th January 2006, 10:58 AM
She looks very glamourous and doesnt looks like a South Indian..

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2006, 11:00 AM
:huh:

Avenger
13th January 2006, 01:21 PM
Shes Linda...shes acted in 4 hollywood movies :smile:
Vaadi vaadi is my fav. song this year....Vijays voice is glorious!

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 01:25 PM
Is she the one that dance in ThotiJaya and KanaKanden

NTR
Oh..
She looks very pretty too..
As usual shes another girl who cant match Prince's steps..

Avenger
Yup :wink: But she looked horrible in Totti Jaya and KK!

Is she the one that dance in ThotiJaya and KanaKanden

NTR
13th January 2006, 01:27 PM
In Sachein, she looked sexy unlike Bipasha

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 01:28 PM
Bipasha is sexy in JISM and Movies that she has acted with John Abraham.

NTR
13th January 2006, 01:30 PM
But she looks very jaded in Sachein..
Vijay looked cool and composed..

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 01:31 PM
May be she has never like that before .

NTR
13th January 2006, 01:34 PM
She acted in a Telugu movie called Takkari Donga with Mahesh, which was released in 2002, where she wasnt famous..and she said she would never do telugu movies again. after that..
After acting with Prince in tamil, she said she astonished with his pulling power

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 01:35 PM
But she wont be amazed because John has pulled her many a times.

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2006, 01:50 PM
sundar :roll: :lol:

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 01:53 PM
I understand......

lancelot
14th January 2006, 11:21 PM
who is the music director of Parthen Rasithen????

hehe

Justice
15th January 2006, 01:37 AM
who is the music director of Parthen Rasithen????

hehe

Bharadwaj, I think

the songs were awesome

swathy
16th January 2006, 02:32 PM
I feel that I have heard the tune of Paarkadhey enai paarkadhey from the movie AARU already somewhere. Can any one tell me the original one?

Surya
16th January 2006, 04:04 PM
I felt that too. I think it was some telugu film. Nuvu yada yada yada or something.

Surya
19th January 2006, 12:38 PM
Any1 know what movie this song is in?

Mama nee ponna kudu
blah blah
ithu saamy potta mudichu, athu thaan da moonu mudichu.

villan007
19th January 2006, 12:42 PM
Any1 know what movie this song is in?

Mama nee ponna kudu
blah blah
ithu saamy potta mudichu, athu thaan da moonu mudichu.
Rajaathi raja i think....
Rajni Film...

Shakthiprabha.
19th January 2006, 03:38 PM
Rajathi raja.

NTR
19th January 2006, 07:34 PM
Mapillai?

Surya
20th January 2006, 06:09 AM
Thanks guys. :D

NTR,
I thought it was Mapillai @ first also, but supposedly, this song is a older than mapillai.

NTR
20th January 2006, 08:00 AM
Mappillai was one of the best Marumaghan- Mamiyar movies ive seen...
But it was a remake which produced by Chiranjeevi

swathy
26th January 2006, 04:38 PM
Mappillai was one of the best Marumaghan- Mamiyar movies ive seen...
But it was a remake which produced by Chiranjeevi

chiranjeevi appears for a fight scene in this movie.

Sanguine Sridhar
27th January 2006, 04:22 PM
Who is the music director for the movie VIP?

great
27th January 2006, 04:23 PM
Who is the music director for the movie VIP?

ranjith barod

Sanguine Sridhar
27th January 2006, 08:52 PM
What are all the languages he directs the music? Is he did anyother Tamil movies?

great
28th January 2006, 12:00 AM
i dont think Ranjith barot, has done movie after VIP in tamil....but he is doing movies in hindi....for the movie AKS *AB and manoj bajpai , he did BGM......

ssanjinika
28th January 2006, 12:52 AM
Just happened to watch a bit of Mugavari yesterday.The ending..onnume puriyala.What is the director trying to say ? Does Ajit become a common working man and marry Jothika or does he become a music director and sacrifises his love?Someone pls clarify.

ssanjinika
28th January 2006, 01:23 AM
Enna No Ajit fans online-a?:shock:

ajithfederer
28th January 2006, 01:58 AM
To say the Truth

enakkae atha pathi innum onnum velangalae...................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

athu mattum illama naan padatha paathu romba naal aachu..........

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Even though i have used my memory to answer u

I think he goes to work first and then he becomes a music director after 2 years..........

Hope this is the correct ending of the movie according to my knowledge

Thirumaran
28th January 2006, 02:11 AM
Ennamo Ponga.

Check this link. It may clear the doubt..

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/fr/2002/07/19/stories/2002071900930300.htm

:)
As i did not see the movie fully i could not clear the doubt.

:(

ajithfederer
28th January 2006, 02:17 AM
Thala Ajith actually lived as the hero in the Movie

But the film never got its due and he was naturally depressed.

From there he took a vow that he should attain star status to make his movies run and from there only he made movies like red to attract the masses. Believe me or not Red was a big hit with the b and c audiences...............

Class movies nadicha padam oda maateenguthu.............anaa mass movies nadicha thaan padam oduthu

Thats the thing superstars like ajith vijay have started to go about with it...........

ssanjinika
28th January 2006, 02:18 AM
Thanks thiru,AF
Endha article padi the movie has 2 endings.One sad and another one happy :P.
Adhan ore confusion :).Sun TV-la katnathu happy ending pola errukku.

arvind
28th January 2006, 02:24 AM
காதலா லட்சியமா?
லட்சியமே!

லட்சியமா குடும்பமா?
குடும்பமே!

அது தான் முகவரி!

Ajith expected the film to complete 200 days. But it completed 100 days only!

Just happened to watch a bit of Mugavari yesterday.The ending..onnume puriyala.What is the director trying to say ? Does Ajit become a common working man and marry Jothika or does he become a music director and sacrifises his love?Someone pls clarify.

arvind
28th January 2006, 02:26 AM
Like in Kaaka Kaaka, heroine will be separated from hero in Mugavari!

ssanjinika
28th January 2006, 02:27 AM
காதலா லட்சியமா?
லட்சியமே!
Ajith expected the film to complete 200 days. But it completed 100 days only!

This could be the reason the film completed only 100days :evil: .Namma makkal-kku nadamurai-la nadakathathu than parka pidikkum.
If a guy beats up 100 people for love ,they will love it and the movie will become a superhit. :roll:

Alien
28th January 2006, 11:04 AM
காதலா லட்சியமா?
லட்சியமே!

லட்சியமா குடும்பமா?
குடும்பமே!

அது தான் முகவரி!

Wow !! Nicely put it arvind ! Actually I saw Mugavari in its first week in theatres, thus saw this ending (Heard later the ending was changed in theatres). But later in DVDs too I saw the same ending(Ajith taking up the job & giving up his ambition & Jo...) .... Never saw the other ending, so called "happy ending" :? ..... :!:

arvind
30th January 2006, 11:04 AM
What is the meaning of the title "Arindhum Ariyamalum" in the context of that film?

Its too vague.

NTR
30th January 2006, 08:15 PM
Who was

1) Heroine in Kamal's Guna

2) Actress beside Rajnikanth in Thalapathy in Rakkama song

Nerd
30th January 2006, 08:57 PM
1) Roshni

2) I think its sonu walia, not sure though :)

ssanjinika
30th January 2006, 09:01 PM
Ahh...Kasi thank you.
It is sonu walia...I was breaking my head over that query.I knew the lady in question but just cudnt remember her name.
NTR oda query nala 1/2 hour naa mandiya odaichathu than micham :).

Nerd
30th January 2006, 09:03 PM
I think she was a model or something. My bro used to rave about her :P Now SS get back to work b4 NTR comes up with another query :lol:

ssanjinika
30th January 2006, 09:11 PM
K
am back to work :).

Querida
31st January 2006, 12:16 AM
Hi Y'all

little help please been trying like mad to find this musical score (contemp. sounding classical...mostly strings...i know it is a reworking of a classical piece by a famous composer...it is a popular piece) played at the beginning of the SUN TV broadcast of the Stars Night in Malaysia awhile back...does anyone know the name of that score? I heard it again on this italian station and i caught the name "nostra" but nothing else :(

If you want a job done you got to do it yourself :roll: :lol:

anyways my search has finally found fruit.

- heard the same musical score being played by a viet. violinist in a restaurant
-friend i was dining with recognized it was the same score found used in "Deewana tera hai [Film: Koi mere dil se pooche]"
-looked that up and with many thanx to ItwoFS: Inspired Hindhi Songs list
-found "Victory" preformed by BOND (that group of gurls, two of which were present in the movie Vaseehara with Vijay and Sneha...i think the song was "Oru Thadavai")
-so yup can now listen to it to my heart's content :D

-so yeah..what was the use of sharing this...a bit of sharing the triumph (but of course :D ) and of course to peak anyone's interest in classical "remix"/"crossover" music!

NTR
31st January 2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks Kasi and ssjanika

Nerd
1st February 2006, 12:31 AM
Happened to watch the climax (just the climax) of a very old RK movie.. One of the few RK movies I havent watched.. It had sridevi in a double role.. Vijayakumar was the actual hero. RK goes around with one sridevi and apparently she dies.. In the last scene, RK marries the other sridevi with Vijayakumar and goes to some far-off place..

What is the name of this movie??

stranger
1st February 2006, 05:19 AM
I have not seen this movie. Dont have a clue.

Which year that movie came out :?:

Nerd
1st February 2006, 05:55 AM
Absolutely no idea.. It was a B/W movie... I even forgot the name of the character RK played.. but one of sridevi's charachter's name is Jennifer.. Saw it in Raj digital plus.. The last scene was awesome where RK would exhibit his acting skills :thumbsup:

Sridevi had a big nose and hence apparently it came out b4 she operated her nose ..

stranger
1st February 2006, 05:57 AM
vaNakkaththukuRiya kaadhaliyE or aaRu pushpangaL :?:

Just a wild guess! :)

Nerd
1st February 2006, 05:59 AM
I havent seen both.. I guess RR or rajraj would help me(us) :)

Nerd
1st February 2006, 06:07 AM
Got that :)

vaNakkaththukkuriya kaathaliyE..

http://rajinifans.com/Movie_Database/Charecter.asp

The name of the character RK played was Joe and the above link helped in decoding the movie name..

Should watch the movie sometime, if I get a chance..

ssanjinika
1st February 2006, 08:26 PM
Hey Ive watched that movie Kasi.
Nalla padam than but ennakku pidikala only coz it was sad ending (for SS atleast).Dont remember the entire story but remember a gundu sridevi in tight pants :P.

Nerd
1st February 2006, 08:29 PM
Really :o

Anyways I liked the looks of RK in that movie... He looked smart :)

stranger
2nd February 2006, 02:42 AM
Hi

It seems like I almost got it! :smile2:

cancer
6th February 2006, 02:43 PM
Really :o

Anyways I liked the looks of RK in that movie... He looked smart :)

i like Padikkathavan movie.. he is more style look and smart too...

James Pain
7th February 2006, 04:09 AM
What was the trade fact of "Piriyaathe Varam Vaendum" starring Shalini and Prashanth?

great
7th February 2006, 07:54 AM
What was the trade fact of "Piriyaathe Varam Vaendum" starring Shalini and Prashanth?

without saying its a FLOP :oops: :wink:

NTR
7th February 2006, 09:06 PM
Who is the heroine in Ragasiyamai (Prasanna-hero)

ssanjinika
7th February 2006, 09:15 PM
some girl called Neelam Singh..dont think she acted in anything after that.

Nerd
7th February 2006, 11:16 PM
Whats the meaning of the adjective (?) kalaaba as in kalaabak kaathalan??

villan007
7th February 2006, 11:24 PM
kasi anne ,
kalaba means mayil in pure tamil....
:roll: i think so... :oops:

ssanjinika
7th February 2006, 11:25 PM
Ha!!!
I knew there would be someone else who was wondering about that word.
Ive asked everyone I know and no one seems to know the answer :huh: .

Nerd
7th February 2006, 11:27 PM

You sure villain?? mayil doesnt seem to be the most appropriate word in this context :roll:

villan007
7th February 2006, 11:30 PM
:roll: yup ....
to my knowledge...

great
7th February 2006, 11:33 PM
it cant be the meaning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssanjinika
7th February 2006, 11:42 PM
miyil kadhala..dosent make much sense :huh: :?.

Nerd
7th February 2006, 11:45 PM
miyil kadhala..dosent make much sense :huh: :?.

Yes, mayil kaadhalaa was better :rotfl:

j/k.. I think we have to email vairamuthu (isnt he the lyricist)?? Another query huh..

ssanjinika
7th February 2006, 11:46 PM
:P :oops: :D

Nerd
8th February 2006, 02:50 AM
http://kavithavinulagam.blogspot.com/2005/09/kalaaba-k-kaadhala.html

looks like villain almost got it :)

There is another song, vaa kalaaba mayilE, very old one..

madhu
8th February 2006, 05:56 AM
Hi..

Kasi sir.. I think that song is "vaa sallaba mayilE" from kathavarayan. :P

kalabam is "mayil thogai" also.. so we can think as "thogai kadhalan" also .. :mrgreen: :lol2:

may be the hero character is so proud as peacock.. thats why "mayil kadhalan"

Nerd
8th February 2006, 06:11 AM
Hi..

kalabam is "mayil thogai" also.. so we can think as "thogai kadhalan" also .. :mrgreen: :lol2:

may be the hero character is so proud as peacock.. thats why "mayil kadhalan"

:oops: I remember listening to that sallaaba (kalaaba) mayilE song in FM, some years back. I thought it was kalaaba.. some 60s TMS song, I believe..

madhu
8th February 2006, 06:30 AM
Hi Kasi sir,

there is a song from "Arunagirinadhar"..

"sivanai valam varumaLavil".. in which every line ends with "chitra kalaba mayilA"

Nerd
8th February 2006, 06:41 AM
I am no pro in tamil film music, especially when it comes to very old songs. :oops: btw, that sir thing is annoying :(

madhu
8th February 2006, 06:48 AM
Hi Kasi..

I donno abt ur age.. so better to give respect..(of course it not only for age..!!) ..
ok.. anyway KASI is always holy.. :)

Nerd
8th February 2006, 06:50 AM
I m sure am younger than the *real* you in your avatar :lol:

kidding, thanks anyways for the insight on kalaaba :)

NOV
8th February 2006, 06:55 AM

Song #4: vaa kaalaaba mayilE (kaaththavaraayan)
Movie: kaaththavaraayan
Singer: TMS
MD: G.Ramanathan
Lyrics: T.N.Ramaiah Dhaas
Cast: Sivaji and Padimini?

vaa kaalaaba mayilE
vaa kaalaaba mayilE
Odi nee vaa kalaaba mayilE
vandhE kaniyamudham thandhE
magizhndhidavE vaa
vandhE kaniyamudham thandhE
magizhndhidavE vaa kalaaba mayilE

vaazhnaalil ini naan
vaazhnaalil ini naan
vaazhnaalil ini naan
vaLam peRavE
vaazhnaalil ini naan
vaLam peRavE
vanna thamizh kalaiyE
thuLLi thuLLi vilayaada vaa
vanna thamizh kalaiyE
thuLLi thuLLi vilayaada vaa
kaNNE vaa.. kannE vaa kalaaba mayilE
odi nee vaa kalaaba mayilE

aalaiyil karumbaanEn
aazhiyil thurumbaanEn
aalaiyil karumbaanEn
aazhiyil thurumbaanEn
kaalamellaam undhan kaadhalil melindhEn
kaalamellaam undhan kaadhalil melindhEn
viNNOdu viLaiyaadum vaLar madhiyE
viNNOdu viLaiyaadum vaLar madhiyE
endhan kaNNOdu kanindhaadum kalai nidhiyE
kaNNOdu kalanadhaadum kalai nidhiyE
ennaaLum maravEnE ezhil radhiyE
ennaaLum maravEnE ezhil radhiyE
minnalidai kodiyE
anna nadai azhagOdu vaa
minnalidai kodiyE
anna nadai azhagOdu
vaaraayo ennai paaraayo
thanimai theeraayo
kanne vaaraayo
endhan aariyamaala aariyamaala aariyamaala aariyamaala aariyamaala aariyamaala

aariyamaala aariyamaala

madhu
8th February 2006, 06:56 AM
HI Kasi..

lets wait for some more explanations from veterans.. :P

Nerd
8th February 2006, 07:00 AM
Sure. We will wait :)

btw, thaamari was the lyricist for the kalaabak kaathalaa song.

madhu
8th February 2006, 07:10 AM
NOV :

I still think that its "sallaba mayile" .. enn irundhalum neenga ennai vida konjamdhan vayasu adhigam !! edhukkum rajraj kitte oru thadavai kekkalama ?

madhu
8th February 2006, 07:14 AM
NOV :

yeah.. u must be correct.. its given as "kalaba mayile" everywhere.. ( but still I hv my doubts.. I hv to hear the song once.. where to find.. any idea ? unable to get from coolgoose)

Nerd
8th February 2006, 07:20 AM
Yes. It is kalaaba mayilE.

http://ww.smashits.com/music/tamil/songs/3508/g-ramanathan.html

madhu
8th February 2006, 07:32 AM
nanri..

kasi and nov.. :P

NOV
8th February 2006, 07:36 AM
It is kalaaba mayilE!
sometimes our ears play tricks on us and we listen to what we want to hear. But that doesnt alter the facts. :lol2:

madhu
8th February 2006, 07:42 AM
It is kalaaba mayilE!
sometimes our ears play tricks on us and we listen to what we want to hear. But that doesnt alter the facts. :lol2:

:evil: yes.. ippo enakku NOV kooda nOvu (pain) madhiri kekkudhu.. :mrgreen: :lol2: ...

irundhalum.. en nanri umakku urithagiye theerudhu..

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2006, 08:33 AM
Kalaba = konjum?

kalaba mayilE
kalaba kaahtala...

Actually a renowned thamizh literate and a freind of mine did tell me bout this. I FORGOTTTTTTTTT :((

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2006, 08:34 AM
I shall ask him and let u guys know

Thirumaran
9th February 2006, 12:03 AM
Let me put my understanding on Kalaaba Kaathalaa.

Kalaabam means Peacock feather. That is Mayil Iragu(Thogai).

We know how much beautiful peacock feather is.

So the meaning should be..

Mayiliragai(Thogai) Poala azhagu konda kaadhalanae..

That sentence is well suited for a male beacause,
Normally Male peacock's feather are more beautiful than female's..

Shakthiprabha.
12th February 2006, 10:13 PM
Thiru is right.
I asked my friend. he also said peacock feather.

Thirumaran
13th February 2006, 12:41 AM
Thiru is right.
I asked my friend. he also said peacock feather.

:notworthy:

Shakthiprabha.
13th February 2006, 12:04 PM
:|

NTR
13th February 2006, 12:15 PM
Who played

1) Panparag Ravi in Vijay's Tirupachi?
2) Has he done any movies other than Tirupachi?

chanaikian
16th February 2006, 08:07 AM
Hi! Can anyone tell me the movie in which this song was in? Please see link for name of song.

http://www.geocities.com/theostein/song.htm

Sinthiya
16th February 2006, 08:33 AM
Has anyone seen the movie 'Lesa Lesa'? I happen to watch one of the songs from the movie with Trisha & Madhavan...

How's the movie?

Alien
16th February 2006, 08:52 AM
Has anyone seen the movie 'Lesa Lesa'? I happen to watch one of the songs from the movie with Trisha & Madhavan...

How's the movie?
Movie is Ok , I very much enjoyed watching it :D ! The second half , where Madhavan comes, some were not sensible ... But the 1st half was good with very entertaining comedy by Vivek ... U should atleast watch it for the enthralling cinematography and beautiful amazing songs !!! All songs r top notch ! :P :thumbsup:
Aval Ulaga azhaigyE
EthO onru
Muthal muthalai , LesA lesA

Sinthiya
16th February 2006, 09:42 AM
thanks Jana... :)...
i saw Muthal Muthalai song...

what's it about? is Madhavan a prof? in the song, they show him teaching this class?

Alien
16th February 2006, 10:07 AM
thanks Jana... :)...
i saw Muthal Muthalai song...

what's it about? is Madhavan a prof? in the song, they show him teaching this class?
Yeah, Madhavan comes as a lecturer ! He comes only in the second half(flashback scenes) ......

swathy
20th February 2006, 11:12 AM
Madhavan's character in LesaLesa was done by Mohanlal in malyalam original version but not so much scenes for him just one scene and climax in tamil was thalai suthifying

Sinthiya
20th February 2006, 11:35 AM
Madhavan's character in LesaLesa was done by Mohanlal in malyalam original version but not so much scenes for him just one scene and climax in tamil was thalai suthifying
the songs are nice...guess the movie is not so good...

Thirumaran
20th February 2006, 06:49 PM
Have any one seen the movie "Lovers"?

great
20th February 2006, 06:52 PM
Have any one seen the "Lovers"?

i have seen alot in beach :D :D :lol: , theatre and parks......

selvakumar
20th February 2006, 06:53 PM
Great - :thumbsup: :rotfl: :lol:

Waiting for THIRU anna's reply

Thirumaran
20th February 2006, 06:56 PM

Puriyathu, ungalukku ithu varaikkum onnum maatalaynu..

:rotfl:

great
20th February 2006, 06:57 PM

Puriyathu, ungalukku ithu varaikkum onnum maatalaynu..

:rotfl:

onga rangekku naanum try panrean kadaikka mattenguthu :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thirumaran
20th February 2006, 07:10 PM
Sari Sari, Vilayaatu poathum..

Madhavan, Jyothika starrer "Lovers"

great
20th February 2006, 07:13 PM

valkayae oru vilayattu medai 8-)

havent seen this movie, when it got released ....... whoz the director :oops:

Thirumaran
20th February 2006, 07:30 PM
I dont think that the movie would have been released.

I think they would have stopped the movie in halfway.

It had MAdhavan and Jythika doing romance for the first half.

In the second half they dubbed certain scenes from Hindi Minnalae(Maddy and Dia Mirza) and completed the second.

I saw that in DVD recently.

:cry:

great
20th February 2006, 07:33 PM
the name was not lovers, i guess its someother movie....... i heard one movie was scrapped in between but not sure if it is this one...btwn who is the dir

Thirumaran
20th February 2006, 07:35 PM
Hmmm.

I did not notice that.

The first half was OK. I wonder what would have been the problem.

Shakthiprabha.
20th February 2006, 10:45 PM
Are u tlkin bout

madhavan
jothika

and

shridevi

mvoie?

Shakthiprabha.
20th February 2006, 11:03 PM
IS

whistle_vikramaditya doing any movies?

can anyone get some details bout him?

Ramakrishna
20th February 2006, 11:13 PM
IS

whistle_vikramaditya doing any movies?

can anyone get some details bout him?

Was he acting in any other language?

stranger
20th February 2006, 11:18 PM
Guys:

There is a song:

"iRanthavanai sumanthavanum iRanthuttaan
athai irukkavanum eNNi paarkka maRanthuttaan"

Is that song sung by Asokan himself????

Anybody has the lyrics for this song :?:

Thanks! :)

Shakthiprabha.
23rd February 2006, 09:39 PM
dEAR MODS,

why is

VERY TOUCHING LYRICS

threawd LOCKED????????????????????

great
23rd February 2006, 09:41 PM
c the sequel for that :D

Shakthiprabha.
23rd February 2006, 10:40 PM
thx great. :)

ssanjinika
23rd February 2006, 10:42 PM

Eppadinnu oru padam-a??:?
Dint know that!!

Thirumaran
23rd February 2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah. DVD's available in some parts of US.

First half of the movie love between Jyothika and Madhavan.

Second half dubbed version of Hindi Minnnale in parts, that is the love between Madhavan and Dia mirza.

kanya_kris
24th February 2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah. DVD's available in some parts of US.

First half of the movie love between Jyothika and Madhavan.

Second half dubbed version of Hindi Minnnale in parts, that is the love between Madhavan and Dia mirza.

is't so thiruttmaran,very funny :o

Thirumaran
24th February 2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks,

Kanya.

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2006, 04:13 PM
Who acted with SHAAM in 'iyarkai'

poor acting, poor dialogue delivery, poor choice.

yet... MOVIE WAS BREATHTAKINGLY PAINFUL.

great
25th February 2006, 04:16 PM
thats kutti radhika :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2006, 04:20 PM
thanks. Why are u blushing? who is she?
kutti radhika?

Shez got average looks
poor dialogue dlivery
poor presentation skills.

madhu
25th February 2006, 06:16 PM
HI power,

kutti radhika is from kannada filmdom..
(bangalore location pottukitti ippadi kekkalama ? )

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2006, 10:09 PM
hehe madhu. theriyama pochu. She looks like a mallu. DEF HAS NO KANNADIGA looks.

Cha! kutti radhika theriyama bangalore la irukkEnE :D :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
26th February 2006, 12:19 AM
Is ARUN-KUMAR

VIJAY kumar's son????????

How old is he??????

How old are

1. Shobhana? (old actress)
2. Seetha (old actress)

Is ARUN KUMAR and SHRIDEVI related (bro-sis?)
Is one more plump girl (vijaykumar's dugher) related to ARUNKUMAR?

Nerd
26th February 2006, 12:21 AM
I always thought that vijayakumar has two wives and aruNkumar is the only son of his first wife (not manjuLa) :shock:

Shakthiprabha.
26th February 2006, 12:25 AM
kASI??

My GoddDDDDD :shock:

Whose the other wife?

Nerd
26th February 2006, 12:27 AM
AFAIHR (have read) in vaaramalar et all, aruNkumar is his illegitimate, but accepted son :oops: vaaramalar is my only source so I dont claim anything here :)

Shakthiprabha.
26th February 2006, 12:30 AM
oh ok :oops:

:) thx. I always thought HE WAS BETTER COPy than his daughters (SHRIDEVI was good though)

thx.

rest of the questions are STILL OPEN TO ALL.

madhu
26th February 2006, 11:31 PM
I always thought that vijayakumar has two wives and aruNkumar is the only son of his first wife (not manjuLa) :shock:

yes.. I think her name is something like MuthukaNNu..
There was an article in Kumudam when Vijayakumar married Manjula.. about her.. and how manjula announced that
she loves her 'akka'..

madhu
26th February 2006, 11:35 PM
How old are

1. Shobhana? (old actress)
2. Seetha (old actress)
?

I donno about Seetha.. but Shobana must be around 36-37..