PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Dream

Alan
3rd October 2006, 05:23 PM
I rarely remember my dreams but last night I had a very disturbing dream about a loved one- And I was shocked beyond words- And I prayed very hard for the health & long life, happiness & peace of that child ( my neice).Has anyone here have had such disturbing dreams? What do you do on such occasions ? Do u consult that person's horoscope?

Hulkster
3rd October 2006, 05:44 PM
Alan well do not worry...i have had alot of bad dreams before... me killing my mother(once was me using a knife, second was me just not being bothered to save her when she was hanging at a cliff)... and many dreams about my whole family dead and me being alive.

The thing about mind is that it creates a "scenario" about something that we think about or have seen before and remember it. Its like a database which randomly plays its stuff with a scenario to support it. You can pray to god and wish for your niece to be good but its nothing to be scared of. Since you do like and remember your niece, your mind just randomly picked her and created a scenario. Nothing to worry and a message to GOD should be good enough.

Remember that GOD is more powerful than astrology. :D

Braandan
4th October 2006, 04:58 AM
Seeing that a loved one dying in the dream is supposed to bring good tidings to the other person (about whom you dreamt) and bad tidings for the person who had the dream.

Alan
4th October 2006, 08:07 AM
Thankyou so much Hulkster & Braandan!

Alan
4th October 2006, 08:12 AM
But it wasn't her dying in the dream- but that she was kidnapped & molested- I am so attached to her, you know. I cried a lot, talked to her ( she's 6 yrs old & in UAE with her parents) but was still feeling very disturbed the whole day.
Do u know the dream interpretation for that?

crazy
4th October 2006, 02:35 PM
I dreamt today morning...............as I got A+ in Maths..........
Dont they used to say that morning dreams usually comes true or sth?!

Shakthiprabha.
4th October 2006, 04:14 PM
Alan,

they say only early mornings dreams have SIGNIFICANCE (does not mean it may come true... but it has some deep meaning)

otherwise dreams are to be discarded.

Alan
4th October 2006, 10:46 PM
GOOD LORD, SP akka!!!!! I went to sleep only at 2:00 am that night ( I mean morn) and woke up with a shock at 5:30 am- I was advised to do a 'guruthi pushpanjali'( by my colleague's mother) in her name- For this very purpose, a friend refered the "panchangam" and said her star was "aayilyam" And the coconut at the Devi's temple broke into a clean half - so I was told that there's no harm because it broke into equal halves.

Alan
4th October 2006, 10:47 PM
GOOD LORD, SP akka!!!!! I went to sleep only at 2:00 am that night ( I mean morn) and woke up with a shock at 5:30 am- I was advised to do a 'guruthi pushpanjali'( by my colleague's mother) in her name- For this very purpose, a friend refered the "panchangam" and said her star was "aayilyam" And the coconut at the Devi's temple broke into a clean half - so I was told that there's no harm because it broke into equal halves.

Shakthiprabha.
5th October 2006, 02:45 PM
Dont worry alan things would be fine.

Tia
7th October 2006, 11:45 PM
have any of u realised sometimes u get the same dream again and again and its usually a very short one.....atleast once a month i get this dream of falling down my old house staircase and i open my eyes and i find myself sitting on my bed cos i can fell my self moving in the dream so i shoot up....its pretty scary cos i only started getting that after my mum fell down the stairs when she had my sis in her tummy :( soo scary and my friends brother always gets a dream that he gets beat up by the teletubbies! :lol:

crazy
8th October 2006, 12:16 AM
have any of u realised sometimes u get the same dream again and again and its usually a very short one.....atleast once a month i get this dream of falling down my old house staircase and i open my eyes and i find myself sitting on my bed cos i can fell my self moving in the dream so i shoot up....its pretty scary cos i only started getting that after my mum fell down the stairs when she had my sis in her tummy :( soo scary and my friends brother always gets a dream that he gets beat up by the teletubbies! :lol:

no i never had such dreams :)

:rotfl: kids

RVG
8th October 2006, 08:43 AM
I frequently used to get a recurring dream that, I am being chased by a tiger (and at times by a lion) and that I dont have a gun ! The dream always ends when I enter a house or some other place, safe from the tiger's attack. Wonder what could be its significance or interpretation ? Can someone throw some light on it ?!

tfmlover
8th October 2006, 09:21 AM
seeing animals good omen
as far as you are not attacked .
lion and tiger related to business and career
if they chase you its a symbol of jealousy co workers or someone close in that circle
they din catch you ?...
you win !
friendly animals in dream ! look forward for new and valuable friendship

chevy
8th October 2006, 02:34 PM
well .. i ve heard that if u see sum1 dyin in a dream dat person wil liv really long ....

Erica
9th October 2006, 07:59 PM
I have a book named 'Kanavugalum Adhan Palangalum' back home in India. It has the meaning for most of our dreams. :D

I have always had some meaningful dreams just before my good/bad times. My brother had a dream as if he was holding the feet of Lord Hanuman and simply crying. He said Lord Hanuman's statue was so huge. We didn't know the meaning of this dream and in just 1 week our father left us in a heart attack. Sorry, i'm not saying this to panic you.

I feel dreams would come to you indirectly to warn you and not as a direct forecast of the future. So just Pray and be Happy. Good Thinking will always give us a good peaceful life. I would say stop watching TV Mega Serials :P .

I'm not a frequent dreamer though :roll:

Designer
6th December 2006, 01:25 AM
Alan : Like Hulkster has rightly said, God is more powerful than Astrology. So if you believe in GOD, (no matter which religion you belong to) pray to Him (or Her) to help protect your niece.

My views on Dreams :

I feel most dreams are the result of the impressions one has formed from the outside world - people, places, incidents, films, one's fears, etc. Some wishes remain unfulfilled for us - like meeting a film star, etc. These are realised in our dreams and one gets some satisfaction and the wish is fulfilled. At times, it adds more fuel to the fire and the wish becomes a raging obsession which can be very troublesome for a person.

Sometimes, one has a fear of something like - lightning & thunder, or maybe of wild animals. And we dream that we are fearless in facing the thunder, or we dream that we have killed or vanquished the wild animal one was terrified of. This type of dream removes that particular fear or terror from our mind and is beneficial for the person.

Some people claim that what they dreamt actually happened later. It could be because, whatever they dreamt about had caused a very deep impression in their sub-conscious mind, and had motivated them to be a participant in the incident which happened. For eg, I have heard from atleast a couple of people that they had dreamt of having accomplished a major task - like getting a major promotion, or passing some difficult exam, and had actually done so later in real life.

Some others have dreamt that they had won a huge lottery or something - ie some incident or event based on pure luck, and had actually done so later. ( Would be glad if anyone can post such an experience here. ) This type of dream is a premonition or intuition, which a person acquires when his or her consciousness moves temporily into the higher levels of existence or the supra consciousness, and the mind has a revelation of some future event or incident.

solona
7th December 2006, 08:14 AM
the often tell that if you dream about death and destruction bad omen leaves you so happiness

But they always told dreaming about happy things like marriage etc is bad sign

falling down a cliff etc means lack of confidence in yourselves
get chased by something or someone means you you owe someone

These are my grannies interpretations of common dreans

Alan
7th December 2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks for responding. Yeah, I do pray for her a lot.