Pages : 1 2 [3]

Yathu
18th February 2008, 04:46 AM
imo, the songs would sound good with the lyrics according to this order:

Jashn-Baahara
Mann Mohana
Inlamhoke (not sure about chorus parts)
khwaja
azeem (again its a hindi tune, so it might be very awkward with tamil lyrics)

I think Kwaja may rank higher...because its looks like they're getting a proper Islamic Thamil translation (by Mashook)

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 04:46 AM
lol Thinesh u make me proud....u've been promoting that SS Music vote for ages now! :lol:

haha yep. thanks to orkut, yfg, and this hub, ATM songs have been topping the chart for 3 consecutive weeks now altho the film was a dud. now we just have to get ponmagal up there with maduraikku, then ppl will truly appreicate these songs regardless of film's success.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 04:47 AM

Jashn-Baahara
Mann Mohana
khwaja

I think Kwaja may rank higher...because its looks like they're getting a proper Islamic Thamil translation (by Mashook)

o is this mashook guy any good? i have never heard of him. ppl in yfg were saying how he is a professor. so lets see how it is. i mean if ARR chose mashook when there is VM, vaali, na. and pa. then he has to be good.

Yathu
18th February 2008, 04:55 AM
Yup, I have faith in ARR.

:frightened: Ragisiya Kanavugal is No.2! Y dint u say....i wudve voted on the hour, every hour if i knew this fact. :rotfl:

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 04:57 AM
Yup, I have faith in ARR.

:frightened: Ragisiya Kanavugal is No.2! Y dint u say....i wudve voted on the hour, every hour if i knew this fact. :rotfl:

srsly i hate that song so much. imo its mayilirage with suttum vizhi beats. i feel sorry for is HJ fans. enna paavam senjaangalo, recycled songsa kaeka vaendi irukku. :lol: proud to be an ARR fan. :)

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 05:06 AM
yathu, but i have to admit the lipsync for idhyam idam mariyathey is fantastic. on screen it will look good, but for listening? :cry:

Yathu
18th February 2008, 05:07 AM
// last dig: :oops: i recently opened a thread in the current topics section for Vaanaram Aayiram! LOL I kinda look forward to HJ songs....they're my "filler" songs when i have nothing else to listen to! :oops: Please dnt kill me! :lol:

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 05:11 AM
// last dig: :oops: i recently opened a thread in the current topics section for Vaanaram Aayiram! LOL I kinda look forward to HJ songs....they're my "filler" songs when i have nothing else to listen to! :oops: Please dnt kill me! :lol:

:lol: well some of his songs r good, i mean he is the 2nd best in tfm. u have no idea how much i loved vaseegara and uriyin uyirae (so youthful, fantastic melodies). but when he copies or recycles tunes, that when he really makes me hate everything he does.

Yathu
18th February 2008, 05:13 AM
We've nearly filled up a whole page on here! High five! The next person that logs on is gonna think the Tamil JA mp3s have been posted and thats what all the discussions been about! :lol:

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 05:17 AM
We've nearly filled up a whole page on here! High five! The next person that logs on is gonna think the Tamil JA mp3s have been posted and thats what all the discussions been about! :lol:

HAHAHA i was just about to say that! ya i think if we dont find JA and paste the link here before they wake up/log in, our fellow hubbers are gonna rip our heads and juice our brain for getting their hopes up.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 08:37 AM
itha pola kodumai onnum illa. thaanga mudiyala.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 09:48 AM
yeppa thapichan. i finally found it. this is from a friend of mine from yfg whose name i dont want to mention since he will be bugged if i do. i have pm'ed the links to ppl who i think will be most interested. again, plz dont openly post these links as they r my friend's and i respect his views on anti-piracy.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 09:55 AM
I have pm'ed everyone with the links. again i kindly request u guys not to post this in mp3 sites or torrent-based sites or anything like that. if anyone wants it from the hub who u believe wont abuse these links, pm it to them, no open message pls. thx and ENJOY!!!! i still havent downloaded, was sending u guys the link first. so here it goes... :arrow:

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 10:12 AM
i am writing as i finish each song. *note when i praise the lyrics, i am praising the sound of the lyrics and the words that sound good since it takes a while to decipher the true meaning of ARR song lyrics.

Azeem-O-Shaan:
The least expected song for me in tamil, but i am proved wrong. the lyrics gel with the music very nicely. majestic. Islamic tamil people would love this song.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 10:14 AM
Idhayam Idam Mariyathey:
WOW!!! Kaarthik and chitra are fantastic! lyrics are fantastic. obviously music is fantastic. this is amazing guys. ARR truly knows no bounds. o man. this one is amazing.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 10:21 AM
Khwaja Engal Khwaja:
ARRs singing is fantastic. The tamil is kinda islamic based. Again, islamic tamils are gonna love this one. VERY HARD to understand lyrics. the 'sound' of the lyrics are not that great, hindi one much better. however, the lyrics are very apt for the situation. Khawaja engal khwaja, en uyirukul vava, raajavin raaja...

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 10:27 AM
Muzhumathi:
This is the biggie! The lyrics are too good. Very metaphorical! could have been a bit better. but works. the only drawback imo is srinivas, not fresh enough. teens would love this song, but it sounds hindustani, and i think a better singer could have removed that effect. i leave the rest to u guys to decide.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 10:36 AM
Mann mohana:
The best lyrics in this song is "mann Mohana" glad they retained it. the 'sound' of the lyrics aint good. dunno what else to say. didnt appeal to me at all. i thot this would be really good since its a hindu bhajan. 3rd saranam lyrics very good (sound), especially first line: "pulaangulalaal un uthadil thavalvena?"... sadhana didnt do good in this one. with a better singer, this song could have been better. Shreya would have been better or even janaki (altho she is old, but for these kinda songs we need familiar, pure voices, lyrics are very important so it must be pronounced properly and there is that divinity in janaki's voice) i'll leave the rest to u guys

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 10:44 AM
Conclusion:

Sound of lyrics
they dont dissapoint, could have been better to make it 'tamilish' with the exception of azeem and khwaja. also the 'fitting' of the lyrics with the tune is sometimes awkward, where the poet uses short syllables and stretches it, making it very uncomfortable to listen to. making it sound like a dubbed movie. what i mean is uyirae altho dubbed, no one could tell that its dubbed unless they know it has been released earlier. here they can easily tell its dubbed due to the lyrics.

Lyrics
from what i understood on first listen, they aren't bad. but they could have been a LOT better since this is an epic movie. the lyrics used is very plain (with muzhumathi being an exception). i was expecting lyrics on the line of ey manburu mangayae. or narumugayae, those kinds. this is normal tamil. :( VM would have done a tremendous job. we need tamil lyrics that even we (tamils) cant understand for these kinda songs.

Singer
kaarthik, chitra, chorus, ARR fantastic
srinivas (not too great, a new unusal voice would have been a lot better, or even hariharan)
sadhana i really cant tell, her voice sounds husky not smooth like the one req for this song.

Music
since the sound is very hindustani, i am not sure if people will like it. the only way people would have liked this was if the lyrics were really good, but they arent great. so not sure. i can be completely wrong

*i miss VM. I can understand the burden that was on Na. this is a very hard album to write tamil lyrics for. i am sure javed would have taken a long time to write the lyrics in hindi itself. to make tamil lyrics for hindustani based album and that too in a very short amount of time deserves a pat on the back.
waiting all ur opinions on this
note: the quality of the songs wasnt too great since i had to use itunes and the vocals werent very crisp that i am used to hearing, so it sounded a bit fuzzy. meanwhile, this would be a HUGE hit amonst islamic tamil people. thats all i can say for now.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 10:52 AM

Jashn-Baahara
khwaja
Mann Mohana

[edited]

REVISED:
idhyam idam (right on yathu, ur wish comes tru, very well done, shreya instead of chitra would have made this song even more beautiful, but chitra does a fine/fantastic job)

muzhumathi (only because of singing otherwise 1st)

khwaja

azeem

I am confused about mann mohana just like i was when i first listened to it in hindi.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 11:00 AM
alrite guys, i am off to bed. i am sorry if i missed someone. most ppl in the hub have the links so pm one of em. will listen to it all night (while i sleep). hope i get used to the lyrics. if anyone finds better quality (320 CBR or FLAC or WAV) please pm me link if its not too much truble. it will take another 15 days for the songs to be available here since AYN is not the distributor. g'night, enjoy JA in tamil!

*sorry for filling up two pages along with yathu. :lol: i have never spent this long trying to hunt down ARR songs, thx to UTV 'excellent' distribution. who distributes to ONLY one store in chennai?!!!

A.ANAND
18th February 2008, 01:13 PM
thank u thinesan saab 4 the link! :ty: i love u thalaiva :lol: :lol: :lol:

baba88
18th February 2008, 01:20 PM
need the songs plsss
pls give me the link.

dinesh2002
18th February 2008, 02:20 PM
Thineshan, thanks allot yea,though ive sent u a personal mail thanking u, i feel i should thank u in public for ur awesome caring for other Rahman's fans eventhough i decided not to post in TFM ever again. u rock bro.

A.ANAND
18th February 2008, 02:35 PM
Thineshan, thanks allot yea,though ive sent u a personal mail thanking u, i feel i should thank u in public for ur awesome caring for other Rahman's fans eventhough i decided not to post in TFM ever again. u rock bro.
why dinesh???enna achu.!!?vazhkaile ithellam sagajamappa..unnga sevai intha forum-kku romba thevai :D
please call me,if any problem brother. :lol:

newguest
18th February 2008, 03:28 PM
can someone send me the link too...

thanks

thumburu
18th February 2008, 03:30 PM
Times Of India Bangalore edition has rated the movie as just average due to boring and loose screen play. Aish and Hrithik's stellar performance is appreciated. About ARR'S background score, it says it is good only in parts.

dinesh2002
18th February 2008, 04:29 PM
why dinesh???enna achu.!!?vazhkaile ithellam sagajamappa..unnga sevai intha forum-kku romba thevai :D

haha, illai pa. apadi onnum illai. just wanna concertrate on other stuffs from now on. i guess my post/views on J.A will be last here...

dinesh2002
18th February 2008, 04:59 PM
my view on Jodha Akbar Tamil. didint satisfy me. lemme give a brief review on it. [after listenin to it for hours].

1.Muzhumathi - Srinivas was nice. But i feel the Tamil words were a lil too many to fit in the smooth tune. the lyrics-meaning was good. but it doesnt have the charm of that hindi version.

2.Azeem O Shaan - GOOD. the words were nicely put to fit the tune. thank god the chants of "Maharba" was remained. again, song sounds so Rajasthani to claim to be a tamil song.

3.Idhayam Idham Maariyathe - Karthik was perfect, which earlier i taut it wouldnt. again the tamil words were too many, like in the Hindi version, there was a soft drag of words by Sonu " In Lamhoon 'DAAAMEN'ne' Mein" which Karthik sang the part " Idhayam Idham M'A'riy'A'they, he could have sung it as MAAAriyathey very fastly. Karthik was the only saving grace in this song. Chitra, she spoilt her part. Not saying this becoz im a hardcore Madhushree's fan. but really, the silkness which Madhushree gave for that part was torned down by Chitra in seconds by her too HIGH pitch. THe chant by the chorus was however was very very haunting like the hindi 1.

4.Kwaja Endan Kwaja - This is was nice. this was the only song which could be rated just as good as the Hindi version.

5.Mana Mohana - OMG!!! Was ARR sleeping when he approved Sadhana for this song?? She SPOILT the song..... couldnt feel the divinity of the song which was done by Bela Shende. He could have gone for Shreya Goshal in Tamil. Sadhana started to sound like Lata M. now. She struggles all the way in the song, and there was no emotion in her song. Couldnt felt the pain in the song which Bela gave me. Madhushree could have done 100 times better. im sure people would agree with me on this matter.!!

do let me know ur reviews too guyz...

Ramakrishna
18th February 2008, 08:08 PM
Thank u very much Thineshan :D

Ramakrishna
18th February 2008, 08:10 PM

haha, illai pa. apadi onnum illai. just wanna concertrate on other stuffs from now on. i guess my post/views on J.A will be last here...

nee illaatha ARR forum-a Dinesh.Atleast eppavaavathu vanthu look vittuttu po paa. Atleast during thalaivar album releases.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 09:00 PM
thank u thinesan saab 4 the link! :ty: i love u thalaiva :lol: :lol: :lol:

:) u r welcome.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 09:03 PM

no probs man. btw u cant just leave. u better visit us often, especially during release season. good luck with whatever u r doing. take care. :)

baba88
18th February 2008, 09:04 PM
Need the songs. Please send me a PM with the link.

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 09:05 PM
my view on Jodha Akbar Tamil. didint satisfy me. lemme give a brief review on it. [after listenin to it for hours].

1.Muzhumathi - Srinivas was nice. But i feel the Tamil words were a lil too many to fit in the smooth tune. the lyrics-meaning was good. but it doesnt have the charm of that hindi version.

2.Azeem O Shaan - GOOD. the words were nicely put to fit the tune. thank god the chants of "Maharba" was remained. again, song sounds so Rajasthani to claim to be a tamil song.

3.Idhayam Idham Maariyathe - Karthik was perfect, which earlier i taut it wouldnt. again the tamil words were too many, like in the Hindi version, there was a soft drag of words by Sonu " In Lamhoon 'DAAAMEN'ne' Mein" which Karthik sang the part " Idhayam Idham M'A'riy'A'they, he could have sung it as MAAAriyathey very fastly. Karthik was the only saving grace in this song. Chitra, she spoilt her part. Not saying this becoz im a hardcore Madhushree's fan. but really, the silkness which Madhushree gave for that part was torned down by Chitra in seconds by her too HIGH pitch. THe chant by the chorus was however was very very haunting like the hindi 1.

4.Kwaja Endan Kwaja - This is was nice. this was the only song which could be rated just as good as the Hindi version.

5.Mana Mohana - OMG!!! Was ARR sleeping when he approved Sadhana for this song?? She SPOILT the song..... couldnt feel the divinity of the song which was done by Bela Shende. He could have gone for Shreya Goshal in Tamil. Sadhana started to sound like Lata M. now. She struggles all the way in the song, and there was no emotion in her song. Couldnt felt the pain in the song which Bela gave me. Madhushree could have done 100 times better. im sure people would agree with me on this matter.!!

do let me know ur reviews too guyz...

in complete agreement. she didnt spend thetime to memo lyrics properly, she struggles to go to high pitches which just destroys that divinity in the song. shreya would have been fantastic

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 09:13 PM
again sorry for missing some of u. since u guys didnt have many posts, i missed u, sorry.

dinesh2002
18th February 2008, 09:51 PM
Hey, Rama & Thineshan, thanks for wanting me in the forum and the compliments.haha.... ill def appear when ever ARR's album releases. ungalakage varuven. :)

dinesh2002
18th February 2008, 09:53 PM
Hey guys, imagine if Thineshan didint share with us the songs, we wouldnt be able to listen to them at this point. its a great job done by him. and i think everyone who downloaded the songs from his link should atleast respect his effort & do no share the files to any public forums. just keep it for urself and enjoy . just felt like saying this out. :)

thineshan54321
18th February 2008, 10:28 PM
Times Of India Bangalore edition has rated the movie as just average due to boring and loose screen play. Aish and Hrithik's stellar performance is appreciated. About ARR'S background score, it says it is good only in parts.

everyone else have said this movie is a classic and will not be forgotten for ages to come. and they have all said that ARRs songs and BGM are tremendously well done. times of india falls into the 10% media who did not appreicate the movie. the rest have all said its fantastic, so no worries guys. we have another lagaan comin up :!:

united07
18th February 2008, 10:40 PM
Can anyone PM me the link to the tamil song please

billrafeek
18th February 2008, 11:01 PM
Plz somebody send me the link... Thanx

littlemaster1982
18th February 2008, 11:20 PM
[tscii:e6abbf9919]Newyork Times Review. http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/movies/16akba.html

Movie Review
Jodhaa Akbar (2007)
By RACHEL SALTZ
February 16, 2008

They may not make ’em like they used to in Hollywood, but sometimes in India they still do. “Jodhaa Akbar,” a historical romance directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, is filmmaking on the grand scale of Cecil B. DeMille, with romance, stirring battles, a cast of thousands and enough elephants and gold to sink the Titanic.

With so much attention focused on Islamic extremism, now seems an apt time for a movie about Akbar, the 16th-century Muslim emperor in India, whose legacy is one of enlightened rule and almost radical religious tolerance. “Jodhaa Akbar” begins before all that, when the young Akbar is still busy expanding the Mughal empire. This gives Mr. Gowariker a chance for some cinematic derring-do — in one spectacular shot the camera rushes back to avoid being trampled by two armies — and to show the seeds of what made Akbar one of history’s good guys. He fights with purpose (to consolidate Hindustan) but not without mercy.

The battles, though, are really a windup to the love story that propels the film. Forging a political alliance, Akbar marries Jodhaa, a Rajput princess (a Hindu), and then sets out to win her heart. These royals are played by Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, two rather astonishing specimens of human beauty. Neither is a great actor, but both know what’s required of a star and seem to the palace born.

Ms. Bachchan makes Jodhaa’s willfulness a sign of character, especially when she lays down the conditions for her marriage: She will remain a Hindu and would like a small temple for her Krishna statue in the Mughal fort. As Akbar, the green-eyed Mr. Roshan, a charter member of the Bollywood six-pack-abs club, has the bearing of a king, yet can seem a little blank when not in motion, fighting enemies or stripped to the waist taming wild elephants (just a hobby).

At — fair warning — three and a half hours, the film is too long. The court intrigues and counterintrigues can seem rote, and Akbar remains a bit of a cipher. Still, even the dramatically slack parts will probably hold your attention. Mr. Gowariker and his cinematographer, Kiiran Deohans, fill their frames with beautiful palaces and scenery, and the film bounces along to a memorable score by A. R. Rahman. (I’m still humming the songs.)

Mr. Gowariker’s “Lagaan” (2001), a classic root-for-the-underdog story, was one of the rare Bollywood movies to attract a non-South-Asian audience. “Jodhaa” may lack that film’s populist appeal but it shares its sense of national purpose and could just as easily have borne its subtitle: “Once Upon a Time in India.”

“Jodhaa Akbar” is not a history lesson: where, for example, are Akbar’s 199 other wives, or the painters and poets who made his court a fabled one? But in choosing to tell the tale of this emperor and a Muslim-Hindu love story, Mr. Gowariker makes a clear point. As Akbar says, “Respect for each other’s religion will enrich Hindustan.”

:redjump: :bluejump: :clap: :clap:[/tscii:e6abbf9919]

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 12:38 AM
does anyone know for how much sivaji's audio rights were sold for? dasavatharam has been sold for 2 crores, is sivaji more than this? (i am guessing so, but does anyone have the correct number?)

Yathu
19th February 2008, 01:44 AM
[tscii:098ff51a69]First impressions*:

:arrow: Azeem-o-shan: Nice to hear this one in Tamil (well mostly!). Some parts don’t gel IMO. Transition between the retained original vocals and the tamil vocals seem a bit abrupt. E.g. when the first “Maraharba” bit comes in. I think all of it shoud’ve been re-recorded with the Tamil chorus group. Also, as Dinesh I think pointed out, the lyrics seem a bit crowded at some points. Although, this may just be because I’ve listened to the Hindi version too many times!

:arrow: Kwaja engal Kwaja: Sounds very nice. I’m still having difficulty understanding the lyrics :oops: , but on the whole very nice! Again, I’m getting the feeling that the lyrics jar with the song at some points.

:arrow: Idhayam Idam: Love it! :D Karthik couldn’t have done a better job. Beautifully sung, with a lot of passion and emotion! His voice is very similar to Sonu Nigam’s, maybe that’s why its easier to accept this one so quickly. The lyrics starting “Centurion jodhi-il” is a little jarring (just a little :D). Coming to Chitra…not too sure really…I think ARR should’ve kept Madhushree for this!

:arrow: Man Mohana: Sadhana has definately done a very good rendition. My only critisicm would be that she could’ve put a bit more emotion into it!

:arrow: Muzhumadhi: VERY VERY pleasant sounding! I can’t help but wonder if Naresh Iyer would’ve been a better choice than Srinivas. Am I alone on this?

*These views are liable to change! Also, sorry if this review seems like I’m being bit too hypercritical/ nitpicky!
[/tscii:098ff51a69]

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 01:58 AM
[tscii:f185375bd7]First impressions*:

:arrow: Azeem-o-shan: Nice to hear this one in Tamil (well mostly!). Some parts don’t gel IMO. Transition between the retained original vocals and the tamil vocals seem a bit abrupt. E.g. when the first “Maraharba” bit comes in. I think all of it shoud’ve been re-recorded with the Tamil chorus group. Also, as Dinesh I think pointed out, the lyrics seem a bit crowded at some points. Although, this may just be because I’ve listened to the Hindi version too many times!

:arrow: Kwaja engal Kwaja: Sounds very nice. I’m still having difficulty understanding the lyrics :oops: , but on the whole very nice! Again, I’m getting the feeling that the lyrics jar with the song at some points.

:arrow: Idhayam Idam: Love it! :D Karthik couldn’t have done a better job. Beautifully sung, with a lot of passion and emotion! His voice is very similar to Sonu Nigam’s, maybe that’s why its easier to accept this one so quickly. The lyrics starting “Centurion jodhi-il” is a little jarring (just a little :D). Coming to Chitra…not too sure really…I think ARR should’ve kept Madhushree for this!

:arrow: Man Mohana: Sadhana has definately done a very good rendition. My only critisicm would be that she could’ve put a bit more emotion into it!

:arrow: Muzhumadhi: VERY VERY pleasant sounding! I can’t help but wonder if Naresh Iyer would’ve been a better choice than Srinivas. Am I alone on this?

*These views are liable to change! Also, sorry if this review seems like I’m being bit too hypercritical/ nitpicky!
[/tscii:f185375bd7]

i am with u on that! srinivas sounds awkward in this song. its alrite, but if teh voice was a bit younger, it would have been better.

Devar Magan
19th February 2008, 03:11 AM
ARR tamil-a paadinaa, lyrics puriyarathellaam romba kastam thaan

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 03:15 AM

i can understand him just fine. and he did an excellent job with khwaja.

Yathu
19th February 2008, 03:58 AM

Brother its cos my Thamil is not up to that standard. :lol:

Wibha
19th February 2008, 04:29 AM

nopes...........i always understand what he sings :cool: :D

slperson1
19th February 2008, 06:01 AM
can someone send me the links please?

dinesh2002
19th February 2008, 06:17 AM

everyone else have said this movie is a classic and will not be forgotten for ages to come. and they have all said that ARRs songs and BGM are tremendously well done. times of india falls into the 10% media who did not appreicate the movie. the rest have all said its fantastic, so no worries guys. we have another lagaan comin up :!:

Thineshan, vidunge, the comment is coming from dumburu.... :lol: so its def a laughable matter.... vidunge....

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 06:46 AM

Thineshan, vidunge, the comment is coming from dumburu.... :lol: so its def a laughable matter.... vidunge....

o lol, took him seriously. out of the many POSTIVE reviews, he chooses a very negative review and just posts the negative points on that negative review. :lol:

A.ANAND
19th February 2008, 06:52 AM
J.A HIT OR AVERAGE???ANY B.O REPORT? :roll:

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 08:01 AM
J.A HIT OR AVERAGE???ANY B.O REPORT? :roll:

judging by reviews, hit.

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 08:07 AM
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/19743/The-spectacular-aspect-JODHAA-AKBAR\
.html (courtesy yfg)

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 08:11 AM
(box office prediction)
http://www.boxofficeindia.com/youdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=106&nCat=you\
_asked_it

A.ANAND
19th February 2008, 11:13 AM
CBO- Feb 15 to 17

Jodhaa Akbar rules the CBO with an impressive opening grossing approximately Rs 26.5 lakhs from Chennai's four screens including Mayajaal and is way ahead of all other films. The film is being appreciated, though its length (3 hrs 20 min) has come in for criticism. Similarly the film in the number two slot is Anjathey though liked by the public it has also been severely criticised for its length (3 hrs 10 min), and has taken an average opening in Chennai's seven screens. In third position is Bheema, which survives due to lack of big Tamil films. Taare Zameen Par is steady in the fourth position, while Pirivom Sandhipom is in the fifth position.

Film Cast Pluses Minuses Trade fact

Jodhaa Akbar Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai, Sonu Sood, Kulbhushan Kharbanda Grandeur, Great performances from Hrithik & Ash Too lengthy Good opening

Anjathey Narain, Prasanna, Ajmal, Vijayalakshmi, Pandiaraj Performances, content Too lengthy at 3 hrs 10 min Average opening

Bheema Vikram, Prakash Raj, Trisha, Raghuvaran Vikram, Action scenes No story or twist, a weak climax Flop

Taare Zameen Par Aamir Khan, Tanay Chheda, Darsheel Safary, Tisca Chopra Everything is good including the new boy Darsheel Safary Nothing to point out Blockbuster

Pirivom Sandhipom Cheran, Sneha, Jeyaram, Murugesan, Sangeetha and Mouli Feel-good family fare Slow Average

(Ratings are based on the box office collections and the cost of the film)

Courtesy : MovieBuzz

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 11:38 AM
nice, hope the songs click there too!

CBO- Feb 15 to 17

Jodhaa Akbar rules the CBO with an impressive opening grossing approximately Rs 26.5 lakhs from Chennai's four screens including Mayajaal and is way ahead of all other films. The film is being appreciated, though its length (3 hrs 20 min) has come in for criticism. Similarly the film in the number two slot is Anjathey though liked by the public it has also been severely criticised for its length (3 hrs 10 min), and has taken an average opening in Chennai's seven screens. In third position is Bheema, which survives due to lack of big Tamil films. Taare Zameen Par is steady in the fourth position, while Pirivom Sandhipom is in the fifth position.

Jodhaa Akbar Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai, Sonu Sood, Kulbhushan Kharbanda Grandeur, Great performances from Hrithik & Ash Too lengthy Good opening

Anjathey Narain, Prasanna, Ajmal, Vijayalakshmi, Pandiaraj Performances, content Too lengthy at 3 hrs 10 min Average opening

Bheema Vikram, Prakash Raj, Trisha, Raghuvaran Vikram, Action scenes No story or twist, a weak climax Flop

Taare Zameen Par Aamir Khan, Tanay Chheda, Darsheel Safary, Tisca Chopra Everything is good including the new boy Darsheel Safary Nothing to point out Blockbuster

Pirivom Sandhipom Cheran, Sneha, Jeyaram, Murugesan, Sangeetha and Mouli Feel-good family fare Slow Average

thineshan54321
19th February 2008, 11:54 AM
HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9gBw4aGT9w

MINDBLOWING PICTURIZATION OF KHWAJA every single layer of ARRs voice is beautifully sung b ythe three singers and the camera movements from one to another is out of this world. and when akbar got up from hsi seat, i felt like standing up too. too good.

the song is like a movie, has a climax of its own.

SoftSword
19th February 2008, 06:54 PM
thanks a lot thinesan for all the good help you do to the fellow ARR fans...
:clap:

dinesh2002
19th February 2008, 07:15 PM
so hows JA in tamil guys, how come many r missing.... i wanna see wut r other guys views on the songs..... :)

SoftSword
19th February 2008, 07:40 PM
I am hearing it continuosly dinesh...
i would say that the lyrics are not anywhere near to them of uyirae for a dubbing album...
other than that... its as good as ever...
whereas every second you feel it to be a dubbed album...

rayan36
19th February 2008, 08:30 PM
CBO- Feb 15 to 17

I'm relieved to hear this

rayan36
19th February 2008, 08:31 PM
anybody knows what khwaja means? OH BTW thanks thenishan for the links, can wait to get my hands on the cd. who's releasing it in malaysia anyway?

Yathu
20th February 2008, 05:01 AM
HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MINDBLOWING PICTURIZATION OF KHWAJA every single layer of ARRs voice is beautifully sung b ythe three singers and the camera movements from one to another is out of this world. and when akbar got up from hsi seat, i felt like standing up too. too good.

Definately captures the mood of the song. AT LAST videos that do FULL justice to Rahman's music!

I also saw the videos for In Lamhon ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyeLxrcleas ) and Azeem-o-Shan ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTjexQKNZA ). Both also excellent! Azeem-o-shan is very grand! In Lamhon is just beautiful!

thineshan54321
20th February 2008, 05:42 AM
thanks a lot thinesan for all the good help you do to the fellow ARR fans...

i try :)

thineshan54321
20th February 2008, 05:43 AM
HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definately captures the mood of the song. AT LAST videos that do FULL justice to Rahman's music!

I also saw the videos for In Lamhon ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyeLxrcleas ) and Azeem-o-Shan ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTjexQKNZA ). Both also excellent! Azeem-o-shan is very grand! In Lamhon is just beautiful!

thx yathu. finally ARRs songs that have been picturized very beautifully. and so ashu joins the list of directors (shankar and mani) who do full justive to his music.

thineshan54321
20th February 2008, 06:27 AM
wow, i am really liking these tamil songs. i think i intially didnt like em because i was used to hindi, but now i am used to tamil since i was listening atleast 20 times (whole album), so now lyrics are stuck in my head and hence lovin em.

A.ANAND
20th February 2008, 07:21 AM
all song in tamil version o.k but mann mohana :huh: shreya ghosal ethir parthen!sadhana vanthu sothapittu poithangga!

A.ANAND
20th February 2008, 08:19 AM
anybody knows what khwaja means? OH BTW thanks thenishan for the links, can wait to get my hands on the cd. who's releasing it in malaysia anyway?
YAEK GAAV MAE YAAK KISAAN RAGHU THAATAA :lol: :lol: :lol:

thineshan54321
20th February 2008, 08:35 AM

no probs rayan.

Wibha
20th February 2008, 09:45 AM

if i'm not wrong its the name of a sufi saint..........and the song is a religious one..........

SoftSword
20th February 2008, 12:29 PM
guys...
i have started loving the tamil songs like anything...
especially the idhayam idam maariyadhae...
the raise of the music inbetween the tracks.... goosebumps is the only reaction...

muzammil_fr
20th February 2008, 12:29 PM
All Songs In Divx Format Download and enjoy guys http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/Jodha-Akbar-Download-Tamil-Divx-Video-Songs-t19670.html

A.ANAND
20th February 2008, 12:57 PM
Jodhaa Akbar grosses Rs 385 mn worldwide
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Businessofcinema.com Team

19 February 2008, 08:30 PM
MUMBAI: Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer Jodhaa Akbar has grossed Rs 385 million (Rs 38.50 crore) worldwide in its opening weekend (inclusive of paid previews on Thursday).

As per information available from UTV, the film has grossed Rs 28 million ($ 713,000) in the UK, Rs 64 million ($ 1,600,000) in the US, Rs 18 million ($ 460,000) in the Gulf, Rs 5 million ($ 135,000) in Australia, Rs 250 million in India ($ 6,250,000) and Rs 15 million ($ 380,000) in other territories across the world.

In the US, the film has had the second highest opening ever, after Om Shanti Om. United Motion Pictures (UMP) director Siddharth Roy Kapur says, "Jodhaa Akbar has performed and exceeded our expectations. We are thrilled with the response from audiences and critics worldwide. These collections are testimony to the fact that a great movie will find its audience."

Additionally, Kapur is hopeful of the film's release in Rajasthan in a few days.

united07
20th February 2008, 04:35 PM
[tscii:c6afefd654]Looks like JA is storming the markets it enters...

'Jodhaa Akbar' storms Overseas

- By Taran Adarsh, February 20, 2008 - 09:42 IST

Great news! JODHAA AKBAR has taken one of the biggest starts in Overseas. In U.K., the opening weekend was bigger than some major openers of 2007, like SALAAM-E-ISHQ, NAMASTEY LONDON, TA RA RUM PUM, JHOOM BARABAR JHOOM, PARTNER, HEYY BABYY, BHOOL BHULAIYAA and LAAGA CHUNARI MEIN DAAG. The weekend collections are almost at par with WELCOME [369,321], the second biggest opener of 2007.

In America too, the film has embarked on one of the biggest starts ever, collecting a massive $ 1.6 million in its 4-day weekend. The screen average [$ 16,023] is the highest when compared to all releases, Hollywood and Hindi, this weekend. Fabulous!

In U.A.E. too, the film has fetched a smashing start. Again, it's one of the biggest starts there. We will keep you updated on more resulted as they pour in.

U.K. BOX-OFFICE
Weekend: February 15 - 17, 2008.

JODHAA AKBAR has debuted at No. 10 position. In its opening weekend, the film has collected £ 363,726 [approx. Rs. 2.82 crores] on 46 screens, with the per screen average working out to £ 7,907.
The breakdown:- Thursday previews: £ 59,340; Friday: £ 79,334; Saturday: £ 119,462; Sunday: £ 105,590.

SUNDAY [last weekend: No. 27, this weekend: No. 43]: In its fourth weekend, the film has collected £ 3,887 on 8 screens, with the per screen average working out to £ 486. Total: £ 197,867 [approx. Rs. 1.53 crores].
The breakdown:- Friday: £ 787; Saturday: £ 1,605; Sunday: £ 1,495.

YAARIYAN [Punjabi film; last weekend: No. 28, this weekend: No. 46]: In its fourth weekend, the film has collected £ 3,098 on 5 screens, with the per screen average working out to £ 620. Total: £ 83,091 [approx. Rs. 64.40 lacs].
The breakdown:- Friday: £ 795; Saturday: £ 1,157; Sunday: £ 1,146.

TAARE ZAMEEN PAR [last weekend: No. 45, this weekend: No. 58]: In its ninth weekend, the film has collected £ 873 on 2 screens, with the per screen average working out to £ 437. Total: £ 351,303 [approx. Rs. 2.72 crores].
The breakdown:- Friday: £ 198; Saturday: £ 338; Sunday: £ 337.
THIS WEEKEND IN U.K.
[Based on screen averages]

RANK FILM AVERAGE
1 JODHAA AKBAR £ 7,907
2 YAARIYAN [Punjabi film] £ 620
3 SUNDAY £ 486
4 TAARE ZAMEEN PAR £ 437

U.S.A. BOX-OFFICE
4-day weekend: February 15 - 18, 2008.

JODHAA AKBAR has debuted at No. 19 position. In its opening weekend, the film has collected $ 1,602,356 [approx. Rs. 6.41 crores] on 100 screens, with the per screen average working out to $ 16,023.
U.A.E. BOX-OFFICE
4-day weekend: February 14 - 17, 2008.

In its opening weekend, JODHAA AKBAR has collected approx. AED 1,700,000 [approx. Rs. 1.84 crores].

http://www.indiafm.com/trade/overseas_boxoffice/198.html[/tscii:c6afefd654]

SoftSword
20th February 2008, 04:46 PM
KHWAJA

Historical Sketch

It is a well known historical fact that in spreading the ethical and spiritual values of Islam, major and effective contributions have been made by the walis (saints) of Allah. It was their humanism, disposition and piety which won over the hearts of hundreds of thousands of people. They contacted the masses directly. They served and loved them. They lived with them and inspired them in the realisation of Eternal Truth. The proof of this is more than evident from the history of the growth of Islam in India. Although India was penetrated in the first century of Hijra, the noble task of inspiring the people to its tenets and values was accomplished by Hazrat Khwaja Muinuddin Chishti, r.a. popularly known as Khwaja Sahib and Khwaja Gharib Nawaz. He did it all through his own great moral power, glorious and appealing character, with love and dedication to mankind, without any worldly resources of wealth, power, force or support.

Khwaja Sahib was a scholar of great repute. He interpreted the true Islamic message of love for mankind and through that, love for the Almighty Creator. He preached the Qur'anic philosophy of unity of religion and worked out its potentialities for the whole of humanity. He was the greatest mystic of his time. He laid the foundation of the liberal Chishtia order of Sufis in India, and inspired millions of souls to be his followers, and thus served the masses of the Indian sub-continent.

Hazrat Khwaja Muinuddin Chishti (r.a.)

Birth: Early life and Education

Khwaja Muinuddin Chishti, r.a. was born in Seistan (East Persia) also known as Sajistan, around 533 Hijri (1138-39 A.D.) in a well respected family. His father, Khwaja Ghayasuddin, r.a. and mother, Syeda Bibi Ummalwara (alias Bibi Mahe-Noor), were the descendants of Hazrat Ali, r.a. through his sons Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain. Khwaja Sahib lost both his father and mother at an early age of sixteen years. He inherited an orchard and millstone which were his means of livelihood. One day when Khwaja Sahib was working in his orchard, a pious dervish and majzoob, Ebrahim Qandoozi, came and took his seat under the shade of a tree. When Khwaja Sahib saw him, he brought a bunch of grapes and presented it to his guest. The visitor ate the grapes and was delighted. He then took something out of his bag, chewed it, then offered it to his young host. Khwaja Sahib ate it without any hesitation, and at once the light of wisdom and knowledge dawned upon the young Khwaja. Immediately he disposed of all of his worldly belongings and distributed the money amongst the poor. Having thus broken all the ties with worldly affairs, he set off for Samarkand and Bokhara then the great centres of learning for religious education and knowledge.

Spiritual Guidance

When Khwaja Sahib had acquired the best knowledge and wisdom of the time, he travelled widely in search of a Pir (spiritual guide) who could provide him with the best spiritual guidance. He came to know of Hazrat Khwaja Usman Harooni , r.a, who was the greatest scholar and unrivalled spiritual guide of that period. In the very first meeting, Khwaja Sahib completely submitted himself to his Murshid and remained in the company of this great divine spiritual leader, for twenty years and served him devotedly, passing through the various stages of spiritual life. Thus the great Murshid trained and elevated Khwaja Sahib to the highest spiritual attainments.

dinesh2002
20th February 2008, 07:49 PM
guys...
the raise of the music inbetween the tracks.... goosebumps is the only reaction...

OMG yes.... i got goosebumps & tears rolling down .... :)..

the way the chorus went " Iravum Naganthethu, Pagalum Naganthethu, Idhayamum Naganthethe Ohhh... " is simply superb.... and thats the part i really felt the lyrics really gel well with that music. the 1st 2 [ Iravum, Pagalum nagenthethu] is from the Hindi song rite... i mean same meaning, but the additional Idhayamum Naganthethu lyrics really help it lift that situation..... A W E S O M E!! very Godly feeling..... its like its raising ur soul up to the sky in 200 KM/h speed.... :clap:

thineshan54321
20th February 2008, 09:08 PM
i am also loving muzhumathi. after listening to it in HQ, srinivas' voice really makes its presence felt. minalkal avalathu vizhiyagum, mounangal avalathu mozhi yaagum, maargazhi maathathu panithuzhi avalathu kural aagum (WOW). brilliant stuff from Na.muthukumar.

thineshan54321
20th February 2008, 09:10 PM
guys...

OMG yes.... i got goosebumps & tears rolling down .... :)..

the way the chorus went " Iravum Naganthethu, Pagalum Naganthethu, Idhayamum Naganthethe Ohhh... " is simply superb.... and thats the part i really felt the lyrics really gel well with that music. the 1st 2 [ Iravum, Pagalum nagenthethu] is from the Hindi song rite... i mean same meaning, but the additional Idhayamum Naganthethu lyrics really help it lift that situation..... A W E S O M E!! very Godly feeling..... its like its raising ur soul up to the sky in 200 KM/h speed.... :clap:

i am even loving the idhayam idam maariyathey part. its so apt to the situation. vizhikal vazhi vaariyathey. good stuff. and ya the chorus is MINDBLOWING. i am liking the chorus part more than the hindi one. centchuriya jyothiyil santhiran oli senthatho? wow these are majestic lyrics.

rayan36
20th February 2008, 10:47 PM

if i'm not wrong its the name of a sufi saint..........and the song is a religious one..........

Thanks for the info

muzammil_fr
21st February 2008, 03:00 AM
Songs Available Now here http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/Jodha-Akbar-Download-Tamil-Song-t19678.html

A.ANAND
21st February 2008, 12:54 PM
Bollywood Box Office

Jodhaa Akbar Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan An interesting cinematic experience Excessive length Excellent weekend at big centres, especially Mumbai, Pune, Delhi-NCR, select centres of U.P., Bengal, Indore, South. Not too strong at single screens of some centres

Mithya Ranvir Shorey, Neha Dhupia, Naseeruddin Shah, Vinay Pathak, Saurabh Shukla, Harsh Chhaya, Brijendra Kala A well-made film on all counts Caters to a niche audience Average

Sunday Ajay Devgan, Ayesha Takia, Arshad Warsi, Irrfan Khan, Mukesh Tiwari, Esha Deol [sp. app.], Tusshar [sp. app.] Well-made and well-packaged entertainer Second half and also climax could've been stronger Average to flop

Taare Zameen Par Aamir Khan, Darsheel Safary, Tisca Chopra, Tanay Cheda, Sachet Engineer, Vipin Sharma Darsheel Safary's bravura performance, Aamir's brilliant execution and several heart-rending moments Post-interval portions could be shortened Hit [Blockbuster in some circuits]

Superstar Kunal Khemu, Tulip Joshi, Aushima Sawhney, Darshan Jariwala, Sharat Saxena, Reema, Vrajesh Hirjee Kunal Khemu's performance and director Rohit Jugraj's execution of several scenes Patchy script Flop

Courtesy : IndiaFM

dinesh2002
21st February 2008, 08:12 PM
Today Telugu Jodha Akbar songs has released...

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/telugu/s/movie_name.9580

im so pisst off.... becoz Madhushree sang the "In Lamhoon" in Telugu. And it sounds awesome.... she gave the same feel that the Hindi song had. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! and im stuck with an irritating Chitra version.... :(

thineshan54321
21st February 2008, 08:50 PM

im so pisst off.... becoz Madhushree sang the "In Lamhoon" in Telugu. And it sounds awesome.... she gave the same feel that the Hindi song had. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! and im stuck with an irritating Chitra version.... :(

ya bad selection. also sadhana is being overly irritating.

Yathu
22nd February 2008, 03:15 AM

:exactly: Madhushree should have been used to the Tamil version too. Chitra's a great singer...but she isnt right for the song! Chitra would've even been ok for Man Mohana, but Idhayam Idam Mariyathey defo needs Madhushree's vocal....it would've been amazing with Karthik's. :sigh2:

Maybe ARR chose to use Chitra because people have been complaining about Madhushree's pronounciation?

dinesh2002
23rd February 2008, 11:57 AM

:exactly: Madhushree should have been used to the Tamil version too. Chitra's a great singer...but she isnt right for the song! Chitra would've even been ok for Man Mohana, but Idhayam Idam Mariyathey defo needs Madhushree's vocal....it would've been amazing with Karthik's. :sigh2:

Maybe ARR chose to use Chitra because people have been complaining about Madhushree's pronounciation?

i too had that feeling. what to do, these hypocrites will act as if they r Mahakavi Bharathiyar. I bet u even they cant speak excellent Tamil . Im glad she sang in the Telugu version. OVERALL I somehow feel the Telugu J.A sounds more soothing than the Tamil version. ill Rate Hindi album the 1st, second Telugu and last Tamil. Even Sadhana's Mana Mohana in Telugu sounded sweeter. And it doesnt have the cracking voice she did in the Tamil version.

MADDY
24th February 2008, 07:08 PM
watched JA in sathyam......i shuld say, i was impressed 8-) .......tighter/trimmer screenplay wud have helped.............i didnt understand the angle from which gowariker wanted us to see this story :roll:

Hrithik impressed as Akbar, art director is the real hero of the movie,ARR's BGMs was the base on which movie stood, azeem-o-shaan, khwaja picturisations were outstanding, climax was good..... :D

MADDY
24th February 2008, 07:30 PM
i too had that feeling. what to do, these hypocrites will act as if they r Mahakavi Bharathiyar. I bet u even they cant speak excellent Tamil . Im glad she sang in the Telugu version. OVERALL

i have seen her Hindi pronounciation also going wrong.........esp, when the second charanam starts in "in lamhon" song, she goes like "samaii ne yeh kya kiya" which shuld have been "samay ne yeh kya kiya" :) ......but for me, its ok, i enjoy her voice, thats it.......... :D

sureshmehcnit
26th February 2008, 04:39 PM
on Jodhaa Akbar Background score

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2008/02/listening-jodhaa-akbar.html

mikesasi
29th February 2008, 03:27 PM
hi malaysian arr fans,
does anyone know when JA tamil version gonna released in m'sia? and, who's releasing it? thanks..

Yathu
1st March 2008, 01:03 AM
'Jodhaa Akbar' in Tamil

IndiaGlitz [Friday, February 29, 2008]

'Jodhaa Akbar', the super hit movie directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar, will soon talk in Tamil. The dubbed version of the movie will be re-released by UTV, the producers, on March 6 all over the state.

The historical love story that has Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai in the lead is running with packed houses all over the world. The movie is said to have collected around 40 crore rupees worldwide.

The movie, which has a fair run in Tamilnadu, is expected to widen its base with the arrival of Tamil version. UTV will release an edited and slicker version of the movie.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36929.html

Yathu
3rd March 2008, 04:54 AM
JA Tamil Trailer:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/tamil-movie-trailers-2/jodhaa-akbar.html

Tamils Songs Trailer:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/tamil-movie-trailers-2/jodhaa-akbar-songs.html

thineshan54321
3rd March 2008, 05:57 AM
JA Tamil Trailer:

Tamils Songs Trailer:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/tamil-movie-trailers-2/jodhaa-akbar-songs.html

voice and sync is very good. the dialogues r also good. cant wait. who did the dubbing for hrithik. sounds like SPB. thaakungal! (is there a better word that sounds 16th centuryish?)

Thalafanz
3rd March 2008, 11:02 AM
hi malaysian arr fans,
does anyone know when JA tamil version gonna released in m'sia? and, who's releasing it? thanks..

U mean the movie or Audio???

If u meant the movie, they will never release Tamil version here in Theatre. :cry:
Must wait for the VCD/DVD... :oops: :(

rayan36
3rd March 2008, 07:09 PM
what about the album

Yathu
4th March 2008, 12:38 AM
JA Tamil Trailer:

Tamils Songs Trailer:

voice and sync is very good. the dialogues r also good. cant wait. who did the dubbing for hrithik. sounds like SPB. thaakungal! (is there a better word that sounds 16th centuryish?)

lol yeah i did laugh a bit when they said that. :lol:

thineshan54321
4th March 2008, 02:36 AM
JA Tamil Trailer:

Tamils Songs Trailer:

lol yeah i did laugh a bit when they said that. :lol:

its like vadivelu's imsai dialogue. kilampungal, thaakungal! :lol:

Yathu
4th March 2008, 04:07 AM
lol yeah exactly. I couldn't pin point why it was soo funny....I think it is the Vadivelu thing! :lol:

Yathu
6th March 2008, 03:46 AM
I wish I could play JA songs on the piano like this dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ3k6LmmdI8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLCY3lDqKB0&feature=user

A.ANAND
6th March 2008, 07:37 PM
சில ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பாக கலரில் உருமாற்றப்பட்டு வெளியான மொகலே ஆசாம் பார்த்த பிறகு அக்பரையும் மொகலாய வரலாற்றையும் பற்றி அதிகம் வாசிக்க வேண்டும் என்ற உத்வேகம் உருவானது. தேடித்தேடி வாசித்தேன். கறுப்பு வெள்ளையில் இருந்து எப்படிக் கலருக்கு மாற்றினார்கள் என்ற வியப்பு படம் முழுவதுமிருந்தது.

இயக்குனர் ஆசிப் முழுப்படத்தையும் கலரில் உருவாக்கவே விரும்பினார். ஆனால் தயாரிப்பாளர்களின் நெருக்கடி படத்தின் இறுதிப்பகுதி மட்டுமே கலரில் படமாக்கபட்டிருந்தது. பிருத்விராஜ் கபூர் அக்பராக நடித்திருந்ததும் மதுபாலாவும் திலீப்குமாரும் முக்கிய கதாபாத்திரங்களாக நடித்ததும் இன்றுவரை நினைவில் நிற்கின்றன. அந்த படத்திலிருந்த நம்பகத்தன்மை மிக முக்கியமானது. எனக்கு மொகலே ஆசாம் பிடித்ததிற்கு மூன்று காரணங்கள் உள்ளன. ஒன்று கவிதையாக எழுதப்பட்ட வசனங்கள். அமான் என்ற திரைக்கதையாசிரியர் எழுதியவை. இரண்டாவது நௌஷத்தின் இசை. மூன்றாவது ஆர்.டி.மாத்துர் ஒளிப்பதிவு..

அனார்கலியை இரவில் ரகசியமாகச் சந்தித்துவிட்டு வருகிறான். அதை அறிந்த பணிப்பெண்ணிடம் தங்களைக் கண்ட ரகசியத்தை உனக்குள்ளாகவே மறைத்துக் கொள் என்பதற்காக சலீம் சொல்கிறான்.. பகலில் தீபங்கள் ஏன் அணைக்கபடுகின்றன தெரியுமா , அவை இரவில் மனிதர்களின் ரகசியங்களை அறிந்ததால் தான் என்பான். இது போல படம் முழுவதும் தேர்ந்த கவித்துவமான வசனங்கள். காதலை மறைத்துக் கொண்டபடியே தன் அறையில் வீழ்ந்துகிடக்கும் மதுபாலாவின் முகத்தை கேமிரா காட்டும் நுட்பமும் அழகும் இன்றும் மனதில் நிழலாடுகின்றன.

அந்த மயக்கத்தில் தான் ஜோதா அக்பர் போவது என்று முடிவு செய்தேன். ஜோதா அக்பரின் முன்னோட்டத்தைப் பார்த்த போதே தோன்றியது ஹிர்திக் ரோஷன் அக்பர் போல இல்லையே, பீர்பால் போல இருக்கிறாரே என்று. அதை உண்மையாக்கியது படம். ஜோதா அக்பர் ஒரு வணிகத் தந்திரம் என்பதற்கு மேலாக எதுவுமில்லை. ஐஸ்வர்யா ராய்க்கு விதவிதமான நகைகள் போட்டு அழகுபார்ப்பதற்கு தான் படத்தில் அதிகக் கவனம் எடுத்திருக்கிறார்க்ள. இப்படமும் மொகலே ஆசாம் போலவே வாய்ஸ் ஒவரில் கதை துவங்குகிறது. அதே இந்துஸ்தானின் வரைபடம். சண்டை காட்சிகள்.

ஆனால் சீன இயக்குனர் ஜாங் இமுவின் ஹீரோ மற்றும் ஹவுஸ் ஆப் பிளைங் டாகர்ஸை நினைவுபடுத்தும் கத்திச்சண்டைக் காட்சிகள். மம்மி, மற்றும் லார்ட் ஆப் தி ரிங்ஸ் படத்தின் காட்சிகளை நகலெடுத்த யுத்தங்கள். படம் ஆரம்பித்து நாற்பது நிமிசம் வரை மாமன்னர் அக்பர் தயாராகிக் கொண்டேயிருக்கிறார். கதை ஒரு அடி கூட நகரவில்லை. ராஜஸ்தானத்து மாளிகையினுள் பதினைந்து நிமிச நேரம் அக்பர் நடக்கிறார். அரசியல் காரணங்களுக்காக திருமணம் செய்து கொள்ளச் சம்மதிக்கிறார். தான் ஒரு ராஜ புத்திர மண்ணில் பிறந்த வீரன் என்று யானையை அடக்கிக் காட்டி, வாள்சண்டை போட்டு காட்டி, தன்னுடைய உடல்பலத்தை வெளிப்படுத்துவதில் காட்டும் ஆர்வம் அவரது வேறு நடவடிக்கை எதிலும் இல்லை.

அடிக்கடி படத்தில் யாவரும் கூடிக் கூடி பேசுகிறார்கள். அருகில் படம் பார்த்து கொண்டிருந்த நண்பர் கதையைக் காணவில்லை என்று தேடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். அதைப்பற்றி தான் சபை விவாதித்து கொண்டிருக்கிறது என்றார். இதற்கிடையில் சின்னமாமியார் கொடுமை, உள்நாட்டுப் பிரச்சனை என்று எதையோ பூசி மெழுகி படம் நீள்கிறது. நல்லவேளை முடியப்போகிறது என்று நினைத்தால் அப்போது தான் இடைவேளை விடப்படுகிறது.

அந்தக் கால லவகுசா போல படம் மூன்று மணி நேரம் இருபத்திஐந்து நிமிசம் ஒடுகிறது. இதில் அக்பர் நடப்பது, சாப்பிடுவது. தர்பாருக்கு வருவது போன்ற காட்சிகள் ஒரு மணி நேரத்திற்கும் மேலாக இடம்பெறுகின்றன. இந்திப்படங்களுக்கு உலகம் முழுவதும் கிடைத்துள்ள வணிகம் இது போன்ற உப்புமாவைத் தயாரிக்க சுலபமாக உதவியிருக்கிறது.

படத்தில் நான் வாய்விட்டு சிரித்த காட்சி மாறுவேஷத்தில் அக்பர் ஆக்ரா மார்க்கெட்டை பார்வையிடுவது. தமிழ்படங்களிலாவது குறைந்த பட்சம் ஒரு ஒட்டுதாடி வைத்துக் கொண்டு அல்லது மூக்கு அருகில் ஒரு மச்சம் ஒட்டிக் கொண்டு மன்னர்கள் உலாப் போவார்கள். இதில் அந்தக் கவலையே இல்லை. ஹிர்திக் ரோஷன் தனது கிரீடத்தைக் கழட்டி வைத்துவிட்டு தெருவில் நடக்கிறார். அவரை எவருமே கண்டு கொள்வதேயில்லை.

பிரம்மாண்டமான ராஜஸ்தானத்து அரண்மனைகள், ஆயிரம் துணை நடிகர்கள். துணைக்கு ஒரு உலக அழகி, வரலாற்றை நிஜமாக்கும் கனவு என்று இயக்குனர் போராடியிருக்கிறார். ரஹ்மானின் இசையும் ஒளிப்பதிவும் சற்று ஆறுதல் தரக்கூடியவை. படத்தில் அக்பர் பேசும் ஒரு வசனமிருக்கிறது. இதுவரை எத்தனையோ யுத்தங்களில் வென்றிருந்த போதும் அவரால் வெல்லமுடியாதது தனக்கான இதயத்தை தான் என்று. பார்வையாளர்கள் விசயத்தில் அது தான் நடந்துள்ளது.

ஜோதா அக்பர் படத்தில் சரித்திரமும் இல்லை சினிமாவும் இல்லை. தானிஷ்க் நகைகளுக்கு எடுக்கப்பட்ட விளம்பரப்படம் அளவேயிருக்கிறது. எதையாவது பாராட்டியே ஆக வேண்டும் என்றால் இந்தப் படத்திற்குக் கூட நூறு ருபாய்க்கு மேல் டிக்கெட் வாங்கிப் படம் பார்க்கும் பொதுமக்களைத் தான் பாராட்ட வேண்டும்.
source:www.sramakrishnan.com

thineshan54321
7th March 2008, 09:20 AM
what a nice article:
Rahman always come up with magic and does the same for his previous flick ATM (Azhagiya Tamil Magan) too. Though the movie did not go well, the songs were block-busters and still happening to top the audio charts.

Songs from ATM still holds the first two places of the top ten songs of SS Music, A popular music channel down south. The ratings are not decided by SS Music, but the public. The songs are rated depending upon the public votes that are cast on www.ssmusic.tv

Songs more than 100 days of release still hold the same high position and the reason is not just because of Vijay, its absolutely because of Rahman's magic. One can find the number of votes increasing in the site mentioned above for every hour for the songs 1) Pon Magal Vandhal and 2) Maduraikku Pogadhae.

Now his recent release Jodha Akbar is doing a good business over north and the slow poison has now travelled south to lure the music lovers here. Its been a week, since the tamil audio has been released and the dubbed version surely lives above the expectation. A recent survey on the cassette sales report say, 'the album is doing a good business and its the first time, a dubbed version has got more response'. The movie is all set to release in tamil and telugu on March 7, 2008 and the music is sure to be in the hitlist of 2008 after the movie's release.

All you fans of Rahman enjoy Jodhaa Akbar and wait for his next release "Sakkarakatti".
http://www.cinefundas.com/2008/03/05/ar-rahman-rules-kollywood/

see guys, things get noticed in sun tv, thats why i was promoting the votes. lets keep this going.

Yathu
8th March 2008, 01:14 AM
Cool! The voting paid off....thanks for promoting the cause Thinesh! :D

thineshan54321
8th March 2008, 02:51 AM
Cool! The voting paid off....thanks for promoting the cause Thinesh! :D

:)

baba88
9th March 2008, 07:17 PM
[tscii:07998b99dc]Tamil Jodha Akbar flopped !!!

Last Friday’s (March 7) new releases UTV’s Tamil dubbing of Jodhaa Akbar has bombed, while Warners dubbed 10,000 BC is a super hit all over Tamilnadu where it released with a record 72 prints!

Ashutosh Gowarikar’s insistence on keeping to the original length of 3 hrs and 30 minutes is the biggest dampener for Jodhaa Akbar in Tamil. Added to that the romance of a Mughal emperor has no takers in Tamil, even though Hrithik- Aishwarya starrer the dubbed Dhoom-2 did extraordinary business in the state.

In a Chennai suburban complex, on day one Tamil Jodhaa Akbar was taken off after noon and matinee shows due to lack of audiences and replaced with 10,000 BC, which took a bumper 98 percent opening in Chennai city`!

10,000 BC is all set to be the biggest grossing Hollywood film in Tamil, for the last two years. In Chennai city and suburban Chengalpet area the film was released with five English prints and 18 Tamil prints and has taken a bumper day one opening, and on Saturday it’s holding on.[/tscii:07998b99dc]

Yathu
16th March 2008, 03:07 AM
Tamil JA public reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MppIhpaECF8

They're not raving about it, but most of them say its good! :D

baba88
23rd May 2008, 10:01 PM
Can anybody tell me where I can watch or download Jodha Akbar Movie in Tamil ?

thanks

Ramakrishna
20th October 2008, 09:38 PM
Farewell to Jodha" - deleted song from JA

http://www.mediafire.com/?tynga2wrzoz

Really good :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
18th December 2008, 06:03 PM
ARR's JA nominated for V Shantaram awards '08
BEST MUSIC

A R Rahman: Jodhaa Akbar
Debjyothy Misra: Calcutta News (Malayalam)
Mani Sharma: Paragu (Telegu)
Shankar Ehsaan Loy: Rock On
Shankar Ehsaan Loy: Taare Zameen Par
The awards are based on the principles of the late celebrated filmmaker V Shantaram (Padosi, Do Aankhen Barah Haath, Dr Kotnis Ki Aamar Kahani) that socially relevant cinema does not necessarily mean art cinema; films that handle social themes, provide wholesome entertainment and display novelty or exceptional talent are given preference.
All these years, the Rajkamal Academy of Cinematic Excellence has worked hard not just to retain the sanctity of the V Shantaram Awards but also build its credibility by roping in veterans from the film fraternity across the country to set high judging standards.
The awards provide a common platform for all Indian language films to participate on the basis of excellence. It recognises the pivotal role of the director in filmmaking and confers gold, silver and bronze awards in the director categories.
Perhaps that is the reason why Aamir desired to be included in the nominees list?
Past winners include Satyajit Ray, Shyam Benegal, Kamal Haasan, K Balachander, Mani Ratnam, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan. Last year Chak De! India ruled the roost with five awards followed by Lage Raho Munnabhai (Hindi), Guru (Hindi), Nayi Neralu (Kannada), Ore Kadal (Malayalam).

ajaybaskar
19th January 2009, 01:50 PM
JA wins Best BGM in Screen awards..

http://www.screenindia.com/screenaward09/winners_2009.html

A_Ajith
20th January 2009, 02:20 AM
Jashn E Bahara is the best melody i've heard in recent times!!!

Wow

ajaybaskar
20th January 2009, 12:04 PM
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKDG2clNiM&feature=related