PDA

View Full Version : || Azhagiya Tamizh Magan | Bharathan | Vijay ||

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Yathu
17th October 2007, 03:30 PM
OMG the beat from Ponmagal Vanthal sounds waaaayy tooo familiar. :shock: I just can't pinpoint the song....

O please tell me someone else remixed this song! Maybe Suresh Peters? :lol:

The rest of the songs sound promising...fingers crossed they'll rock! I'll give my opinion on the rest once I hear the full tracks! :D

I'm sure Vijay fans'll be happy with the "kuthu" style songs.

ThalaNass
17th October 2007, 05:08 PM
marlyn manroe sounds kewl.... :P

other songs :neutral: :oops:

july
17th October 2007, 08:36 PM
Is that kuthu song ?
Sound more like arr Folkish song..
and look like sayanora back again in marilyn monroe song.
so far with this scratch preview i like the Vijay intro song.
waiting for full album..i'm sure it will rocks...
8-)

thineshan54321
18th October 2007, 12:11 AM
I think the "remix" is a retune for sure. It might start with original melody but I think it will switch over to ARR melody. Lets hope rahman gives us a surprise.
My short review:
1st song 10/10 (just the kinda intro i was expecting)
2nd song 9/10 (need to hear full version for interludes and stuff, because in these types of songs the interludes are always really nice with ARR)
3rd song 10/10 perfect melody for vijay (fast yet melodius -> melisayae type)
4th and 5th- no comments (better than kummi adi imo)
6th- love the beats, addicting and the way the voice fades out (the alaakinaallll....)

Overall 9/10 (the folk songs not included, i just cant get a sense of that song to give it a rating, i need full version).

thineshan54321
18th October 2007, 12:41 AM
why isnt it releasing yet? which gentleman here said its releasing oct 12? its oct 17 today! whats happenng?

thilak4life
18th October 2007, 12:55 AM
Looking forward to this....

Guess_Me
18th October 2007, 01:16 AM
why isnt it releasing yet? which gentleman here said its releasing oct 12? its oct 17 today! whats happenng?

As of now it is expected to be available in Malaysia from 19th. Indian release is on 22nd.

thineshan54321
18th October 2007, 03:35 AM

As of now it is expected to be available in Malaysia from 19th. Indian release is on 22nd.

btw r u from malaysia by any chance? :D

thineshan54321
18th October 2007, 03:44 AM
Hey guys I can kinda hear vijay in ponmagal vanthaal

thineshan54321
18th October 2007, 03:58 AM
i think the songs r gonna be picturized well too, look at these images and imagine these songs: http://www.ayngaran.com/Ayngaran/Ayngaran_Home.html?id=Gallery&name=AzhagiyaTamilMagan

Guess_Me
18th October 2007, 04:09 AM

No I am from India.

thineshan54321
18th October 2007, 05:04 AM

No I am from India.

o i c, okay. i cant wait till 22nd damn. friday would be PERFECT!

thineshan54321
18th October 2007, 06:12 AM
i dunno how many of u noticed this, but recent melodies of rahman r so simple yet so melodius. It has the same pattern repeating over and over again with different notes (bach is famous for these type of melodies). Examplel, tu bin batayae, munbe vaa, sahana and now kelaamal. In guru, he was giving us snehidane type melody with tera bina (sophisticated). I guess he is trying to make all his melodies really modern now and it shows.

A.ANAND
18th October 2007, 01:49 PM
[tscii:362e80a27e]Will ATM open for Diwali?

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 18 October , 2007, 11:42

Rumours are rife that Vijay’s Azhagaiya Tamil Mahan may not make it for Diwali, and likely to be pushed by two weeks! This is totally unconfirmed, as nobody associated with the film has said anything about it. They have all switched off their mobiles, and could not be contacted for any official statement!
What has lent credence to these rumours is that ATM’s audio launch has not happened so far, hardly 20 days before release! No Vijay biggie audio has been so late to release, and that too an A.R Rahman audio! Normally you need at least a month to popularize the music of any big film.

And the grapevine is abuzz with rumours that some scenes are being re-shot, with Shriya shooting for the film on Monday and Tuesday in Chennai. However a person close to the ATM says: “There are always teething issues before the release of any big film. Come hell or high water, Vijay will see to it that ATM will 100 percent release for Diwali, it is such a good date.?

[/tscii:362e80a27e]

SoftSword
18th October 2007, 02:20 PM
am sure, its vijay who sang the melody "kelaamal"
and the thalapathy song is by arr...

rayan36
18th October 2007, 04:08 PM
can't make out any of the songs, have to wait for the original release

july
18th October 2007, 05:06 PM
Update for m'sians.
I get the news that it will be available on coming saturday morning. just like we get Sivaji audio.
some place we can get on friday...some have to wait till saturday.

Ramakrishna
18th October 2007, 07:50 PM
Update for m'sians.
I get the news that it will be available on coming saturday morning. just like we get Sivaji audio.
some place we can get on friday...some have to wait till saturday.

cool.....waiting for ur early views on the album on friday or saturday :redjump:

Guess_Me
18th October 2007, 09:30 PM
arrahman.com presents an exclusive trailer of the music of Azhagiya Tamizh Magan and the track listing.

Visit www.arrahman.com

The promo is an audio promo mixed with stills from the film.

The full track list and credits are also reproduced below.

Thanks to ARR and the team at his studio

Vijay and Gopal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
AZHAGIYA TAMIZH MAGAN

Cast - Vijay, Shreya
Director - Bharatan
Producer - Appachan
Production Company - Swargachitra Films
Lyrics - Vaali
Label - Star Music
Date of Release - October 2007

Songs

1. Ellaappugazhum
A.R. Rahman

2. Kelaamal Kaiyile
Sriram Parthasarathy, Saindhavi

3. Maduraikku Pogathedee
Benny Dayal, Archith, Dharshana

4. Nee Marilyn Monroe
Benny Dayal, Ujjayinee

5. Ponmagal Vandaal
Aslam, Ember Rap

6. Valayapatti
Naresh Iyer, Ujjayinee, Madhumitha

Instruments

Thavil: Venkatesh, Purusothaman
Nadaswaram: MKS Natarajan

Credits

Male Harmony: Archith, Dr. Narayanan, Naresh Iyer, Senthil Das, Rahul Nambiar, Benny Dayal
Female Harmony: Gopika Poornima, Fathima, Darshana, Janani

Additional Programming And Ponmagal Remix: Krishna Chetan
Music Assistant: Sathish Chakkaravarthy
Music Assistant And Orchestration: J Srinivasa Murthy

Recorded at Panchathan Record-Inn & AM Studios, Chennai
Sound Engineer: S. Sivakumar

Mixed At Panchathan Record-Inn and AM Studios, Chennai and KM Musiq Studio, London
Mixing Engineers: K.J. Singh, S. Sivakumar
Mastered at AM Studios By H. Sridhar

Guess_Me
18th October 2007, 11:00 PM
Kelamal totally rocks!!!!! What we heard on Airtel Hellotune was just the icing. Listen to the female part on the clip from arrahman.com

Ditto for the female portion of Valiyapatti. Can't wait for two more days.

manmadan
18th October 2007, 11:18 PM
All promos songs are rocking !!!

Intro song is amazing all other songs r rocking 8-)

They didn't include ponmagal vandal coz i think ther maybe some surprise waiting.

Waiting eagerly for full album.

Dragun
18th October 2007, 11:31 PM
Just as I suspected, the Ponmagal Vandhaal remix is by someone else.

I agree, the songs are rocking! The beat to Kelaamal is reminiscent of the Kylie Minogue song "Can't Get You Out of My Head" though. The female vocal in Kelaamal has a classic feel to it.

I am pumped about this release. Between ATM and Jodhaa-Akbar, October/November is a good time for an ARR fan.

ARR is the true Azhagiya Tamizh Magan :)

Madevan94
18th October 2007, 11:42 PM
songs rocksssss :P :P :P :P

thineshan54321
19th October 2007, 12:13 AM
WOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! AMAZING songs, literally 1000x better than the airtel samples. It just feels like listening to Rahman in the 90s. All songs r superb just like the old days. To me this sounds better than sivaji songs (imho). Definitely better than SOK and varalaaru tho and maybe on par with sivaji. Vijay fans r gonna be loving this and whats unbelievable is that the songs r so classy yet so vijay(mass)-friendly.

thilak4life
19th October 2007, 01:07 AM
Promising for sure, but not overwhelming in any way. But surely something to look forward too. In any case, ARR shows his class even in 'mass' paradigm which none of his peers could master in any sense....

Dragun
19th October 2007, 01:45 AM
The soundtrack might be tempered due to the formulaic needs of a Vijay film, but judging from the clips this is probably the best music from a Vijay film in several years. The music in his films is generally nothing special, ARR's own Udaya included :)

thilak4life
19th October 2007, 01:50 AM
The soundtrack might be tempered due to the formulaic needs of a Vijay film, but judging from the clips this is probably the best music from a Vijay film in several years. The music in his films is generally nothing special, ARR's own Udaya included :)

Kindly replace "in several years" in that statement with "ever". :)

thineshan54321
19th October 2007, 02:24 AM

so true... gonna be an awesome treat to vijay and equally arr fans. so its natural to say that its a double treat to a vijay and an arr fan like me. :)

DINESH r u here? surprised to hear nothing from u.

rayan36
19th October 2007, 05:16 AM
kelammal sounds like mel isai, valayapatti has the rahman feel in between the songs, Maduraikku Pogathedee is a total VJ song...

rayan36
19th October 2007, 05:22 AM
oh the intro song is the best vj intro ever period

anoops
19th October 2007, 07:33 AM
so true... gonna be an awesome treat to vijay and equally arr fans. so its natural to say that its a double treat to a vijay and an arr fan like me. :)

DINESH r u here? surprised to hear nothing from u.

intro song - AWESOME 8-) 8-) idhula full song ae release aagala :D

ARR Rocks - being an ARR and Vijay fan its wow time :)

MADDY
19th October 2007, 08:00 AM
sounds promising....its sounding better than SOK samples when we got them initially......again, ARR proves - he wont budge to star's image.......i dont think he can, as well.....hehehe.......

i'm just hoping that vijay fans like it.......i know, its not vijay style but its something different, so they shuld like it......

(intro song, initially i was worried, when i heard words like - "thalabathi needhaan, anbu thalaiva" but they werent sung by ARR, thankfully.......i sincerely believe ARR shouldnt sing praise for any human being)

A.ANAND
19th October 2007, 08:47 AM
INTHA MATHIRI SONGS NAMMA THALAIVAR KITTA KETTU EVLO NAALACHU :D SEEKIRAM AUDIO RELEASE PANNUGAPPA !ITHUKKU MELA PORUMAI ILLA!!PONNGI ELUTHUDUVEN :lol:

A.ANAND
19th October 2007, 08:51 AM
--------- --------- --------- -
AZHAGIYA TAMIZH MAGAN

Cast - Vijay, Shreya
Director - Bharatan
Producer - Appachan
Lyrics - Vaali
Label - Star Music

Songs

1. Ellaappugazhum
A.R. Rahman

2. Kelaamal Kaiyile

3. Maduraikku Pogathedee

4. Nee Marilyn Monroe
Benny Dayal, Ujjayinee

5. Ponmagal Vandaal
Aslam, Ember Rap

6. Valayapatti

Instruments

Credits

Male Harmony: Archith, Dr. Narayanan, Naresh Iyer, Senthil Das, Rahul Nambiar, Benny Dayal

Mixed At Panchathan Record-Inn and AM Studios, Chennai and KM Musiq Studio, London

__._,_.___

A.ANAND
19th October 2007, 08:52 AM
AZHAGIYA TAMIZH MAGAN

Cast - Vijay, Shreya
Director - Bharatan
Producer - Appachan
Lyrics - Vaali
Label - Star Music

Songs

1. Ellaappugazhum
A.R. Rahman

2. Kelaamal Kaiyile

3. Maduraikku Pogathedee

4. Nee Marilyn Monroe
Benny Dayal, Ujjayinee

5. Ponmagal Vandaal
Aslam, Ember Rap

6. Valayapatti

Instruments

Credits

__._,_.___

thilak4life
19th October 2007, 12:10 PM

This reply comes across 'odd' now, because I forgot Fazil films which had some excellent music. But in 'mass' paradigm, my statements stand corrected...

ThalaNass
19th October 2007, 01:28 PM
ROcking songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

thalaivar rocks big time.. :clap: :clap:

i like valayapatti song!! oh naresh.... :notworthy:

A.ANAND
19th October 2007, 02:01 PM
Rahman rocks in 'Azhagiya Tamil Magan'!
IndiaGlitz [Friday, October 19, 2007]

Trust A R Rahman to come up with sizzling numbers.

After his sensationally rollicking show in 'Sivaji', which had the listeners dancing in the aisles, Rahman is back to his rhythmic best in Vijay's 'Azhagiya Tamil Magan'.

The film's audio is to be out only on October 22.

A teaser trailer of the film and some snatches of the audio track are already available on the net. The full track list of the songs is also available.

Having a look at them and listening to the vignettes, it is clear that raja of rhythms has delivered again.

The songs are catchy and carry with them agreeable ring of class and mass.

Going by what is available, the intro song seems to have been sung by the music wizard himself. There is also a re-tuned version of the yesteryear hit -Pon Magal Vanthal.

The trailer too is impressive with Vijay looking very energetic and enterprising.

'Azhagiya Tamil Magan' is believed to feature Vijay, for the first time in his career, in a double role.

The film stars Shriya and Namitha as heroines.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

anoops
19th October 2007, 02:16 PM
sounds promising....its sounding better than SOK samples when we got them initially......again, ARR proves - he wont budge to star's image.......i dont think he can, as well.....hehehe.......

i'm just hoping that vijay fans like it.......i know, its not vijay style but its something different, so they shuld like it......

(intro song, initially i was worried, when i heard words like - "thalabathi needhaan, anbu thalaiva" but they werent sung by ARR, thankfully.......i sincerely believe ARR shouldnt sing praise for any human being)
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE IT!! - but well being a biiiig ARR fan no surprise :P

thumburu
19th October 2007, 03:55 PM
Promising for sure, but not overwhelming in any way. But surely something to look forward too. In any case, ARR shows his class even in 'mass' paradigm which none of his peers could master in any sense....
May be. But I cannot agree with your peer comparison part.
Vidhyasagar has already proved with huge success even with mass in "Chandramuki", "Gilli" etc

thumburu
19th October 2007, 03:56 PM
May be. But I cannot agree with your peer comparison part.
Vidhyasagar has already proved with huge success even with mass in "Chandramuki", "Gilli" etc

mahen01
19th October 2007, 05:14 PM
Songs sounds good. Cant wait to hear the full songs in good quality. Hope Arr will work in more Tamil movies..

Ramakrishna
19th October 2007, 06:50 PM
Has the audio released in Malaysia or is it releasing tommorrow? Updates Pls Malaysian fans

july
19th October 2007, 09:04 PM
The delay occurred here :( :(
They confirm it will arrived on Monday..
but some say...tomorrow evening & most probably on sunday.
dunno which one to believe..
:(

Dragun
19th October 2007, 11:54 PM
Thilak4Life I was precisely thinking of Kadhalukku Mariyadhai as the last Vijay film whose music I enjoyed. I still listen to it now and then.

Ramakrishna
20th October 2007, 01:08 AM
Thilak4Life I was precisely thinking of Kadhalukku Mariyadhai as the last Vijay film whose music I enjoyed. I still listen to it now and then.

even kannukkul Nilavu songs were very good.

kb
20th October 2007, 04:10 AM
http://www.vijaynet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-501&pos=1

vaan alai arikai..

Thingal muthal ulagamengum ISAI PUYAL adikum :D ..

adhiruthu adhiruthu.. oor moththama.. 8-) 8-)

A.ANAND
20th October 2007, 10:16 AM
ayyyyyyyyyyo!!!innum audio release agalaya :argh: innaiikku deepavali shopping pogumbothu thalaivar 'atm' songs oda pogalam innu romba santhosama irunthen.. :( ippadi delay pannaranunnga!!! :banghead:

dinesh2002
20th October 2007, 12:09 PM
hi guys... ATM sounded good... for the 1st time, the songs [all 5,except the reMIX] catched my attention.... im very impressed with the songs, it has satisfy me what even Sivaji didint with its leaked songs.

Some shops here said audio by Sat evening, and some said Sun.... just like JULY said, but ill be going to Brickfields once again, to inquire on the audio release.....

back to the samples,all the tune was nice... but did anyone notice, there is shades of IR's number here allot .... like Madhuraike Pogathedi... sounds very very much like 1 old IR number... and the Ketta Rasitha Paadal, the female portion is def the tune of IR's "Aagaya Vennilave... - Arengetra Velai"...

overall... ATM is def the "Mudhalvan" ARR in action... i feel the songs has very 1990's touch.... loved it!!! :)

Guess_Me
20th October 2007, 12:56 PM
back to the samples,all the tune was nice... but did anyone notice, there is shades of IR's number here allot .... like Madhuraike Pogathedi... sounds very very much like 1 old IR number...

Bingo!!!

It's "Raja Kaiyye Vecha" from Kamal Hassan's Aboorva Sahodarangal. I noticed that from the very first sample from Airtel Hellotune. But still it is very much refreshing. You know, once in a while a go back to the 90s or even the 80s is just wonderful.

Ramakrishna
20th October 2007, 01:20 PM
Cds are out in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

july
20th October 2007, 01:38 PM

How u know bro ???
just contact the shop...they say still not arrived..
oh god..i never called any shop this much to inquire cd release date.
8-)

Ramakrishna
20th October 2007, 01:44 PM

How u know bro ???
just contact the shop...they say still not arrived..
oh god..i never called any shop this much to inquire cd release date.
8-)

r u in Kuala Lumpur?

in Vijay community, one guy has said that he has infact got the cd. he said that it is out only in Kuala Lumpur. Actually he said there were ads in radio too that the songs are out.

july
20th October 2007, 01:54 PM
Sadly No.
The promo is aired from radio since yesterday.
but the release of audio is a bit shade..
Dinesh is near KL i think, hope he get it .
awaiting his reply!

Ramakrishna
20th October 2007, 02:01 PM
Guys...jst gt bck frm t shop here...thy havent got t cds here yt...ony by late today or by tmrw....as i told u tats coz im down south....BUT i called up my cousin who lives in KL....she said t cds r out thr n said her fren has got a copy already...tats wat i heard ba!! No one else frm KL here???????????????????????????????????????????

A post in Vijay's Orkut Community.

dinesh2002
20th October 2007, 02:27 PM
its out in KL??? wow...i will check it out right away!!!!

july
20th October 2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks god its just a hype :P
well i'm sure its wont out for today...
i think they already set the album to release on 22 (Mon) as worldwide release.
maybe to combat piracy....

Yathu
20th October 2007, 03:36 PM
Is the 22nd worldwide release or just India? I can't wait until Monday! (I suspect one of pirates of Malaysia will upload them on the net anyway right? :lol: Don't worry I will defo buy th original CD though! :D )

stone cold
20th October 2007, 04:16 PM
is it released in KL?yet to release in JB

july
20th October 2007, 04:31 PM
Is the 22nd worldwide release or just India? I can't wait until Monday! (I suspect one of pirates of Malaysia will upload them on the net anyway right? :lol: Don't worry I will defo buy th original CD though! :D )

22nd is worldwide.. (My prediction)
b'coz no sign of ATM release in malaysia, by now.
so shop owner say it will be available on Monday.
some unsure shop owner say can get the album tomorrow.
so kinda blur here...
:roll:

ThalaNass
20th October 2007, 06:29 PM
hey its been released here in KL...... :D

July,
plz listen to thr raaga, they continuosly air atm promos.... gonna buy the cd tomorrow!!!!!!!

ThalaNass
20th October 2007, 06:31 PM
its out in KL??? wow...i will check it out right away!!!!

yes machi.... listen to thr raaga... vijay poster kudukuraangalam cd vaanguna... :evil: :lol:

Mahen
20th October 2007, 06:54 PM
Nope..Its not out yet...Its tomorrow guys..Confirmed..The shop owner asked me to come after 3pm to get the cd...THR raaga started airing promos on friday but its absolute bull...Strangely, big movies always release a day or two earlier in malaysia eg sivaji, n boys..

july
20th October 2007, 07:09 PM
oh god..i cant wait for the album anymore..
the promo is really addicted :(
i always keep on repeating listening it...
never expected such OST for vijay album....

thineshan54321
20th October 2007, 07:22 PM
If its aready out, why havent u guys in malaysia buy it already? GOGOGO.

thineshan54321
20th October 2007, 07:43 PM
back to the samples,all the tune was nice... but did anyone notice, there is shades of IR's number here allot .... like Madhuraike Pogathedi... sounds very very much like 1 old IR number...

Bingo!!!

It's "Raja Kaiyye Vecha" from Kamal Hassan's Aboorva Sahodarangal. I noticed that from the very first sample from Airtel Hellotune. But still it is very much refreshing. You know, once in a while a go back to the 90s or even the 80s is just wonderful.

I dont think its copied guys, just the feel. But I think with kaettu rasitha, ARR tried to have an old feel with female part (listen to the lyrics). Kaettu rasitha paaadal onrai, meendum indru GNABAGAM thoonda... He processed the voice in that way to make it sound like IR's melody too. Nevertheless, these songs r rocking my socks. Yes dinesh, Mudhalvan ARR is definitely back. Hope you are back with the original CD. :)

dinesh2002
20th October 2007, 07:53 PM
Nope..Its not out yet...Its tomorrow guys..Confirmed..The shop owner asked me to come after 3pm to get the cd...THR raaga started airing promos on friday but its absolute bull...Strangely, big movies always release a day or two earlier in malaysia eg sivaji, n boys..

Mahen , which shop is it?????

thineshan54321
20th October 2007, 07:57 PM

so whats happening dinesh? any updates?

thilak4life
20th October 2007, 07:57 PM
thineshan,

That's really promising. Couldn't wait for this...

thineshan54321
20th October 2007, 09:05 PM
thineshan,

whats promising thilak? confused. r u mistaking me with the other Dinesh?

thineshan54321
20th October 2007, 09:06 PM
thineshan,

dinesh2002
20th October 2007, 09:17 PM

no thinesh, all the shops ive gone/called said " NO idea" or eiter " Sun/Mondy"... hmmmmmmmmmmm

lets see....

thilak4life
20th October 2007, 09:34 PM
thineshan,

"Mudhalvan ARR is definitely back."

that's really promising...

thineshan54321
20th October 2007, 09:39 PM
thineshan,

"Mudhalvan ARR is definitely back."

that's really promising...

o that was the other dinesh, i just quoted what he said. The folk songs have the mudhalvan feel to it defintely. The only song that I cant judge at the moment is marlyn manroe, it shouldve been a fast song (vijay's dance movements), but its so slow according to samples. Hope the full version gets better.

thineshan54321
20th October 2007, 09:44 PM

no thinesh, all the shops ive gone/called said " NO idea" or eiter " Sun/Mondy"... hmmmmmmmmmmm

lets see....

aaah this is frustrating, Ramakrishna how were you so sure? did u just assume it's out because everyone was saying its gonna be out on saturday? or u actually heard someone say they got the CD. whos that jerk in vijay's orkut community that said he has the original CD? :x c'mon release it fast. i cant wait any longer than tomorrow at the latest. hope my ears are full of ATM songs when i sleep tonight, otherwise my ears will be really mad. :evil:

Mahen
20th October 2007, 10:17 PM
Dinesh, i enquired at a shop in masjid india(where i work) and a shop in kajang(where i live)..Sunday was their answer..the kajang guy was more specific, asking me to come after 3pm..

Ramakrishna
20th October 2007, 10:20 PM
:confused2: i am clueless Thinesh. I just posted the message which was there in Vijay community.

thineshan54321
20th October 2007, 10:42 PM
:confused2: i am clueless Thinesh. I just posted the message which was there in Vijay community.

o i c. some guys r stupid ramakrishna. why would they say they have the CD when they dont? to make ppl run around? some ppl. :evil: anyways lets wait till monday. i am not gonna pretend its gonna come out tomorrow. just gonna wait till monday. if it comes out tomorrow. good. atleast i wont be dissapointed a 4th time.

kb
20th October 2007, 10:52 PM
o that was the other dinesh, i just quoted what he said. The folk songs have the mudhalvan feel to it defintely. The only song that I cant judge at the moment is marlyn manroe, it shouldve been a fast song (vijay's dance movements), but its so slow according to samples. Hope the full version gets better.
http://www.vijaynet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7491

see the step for marilyn monroe song..

:D :D

thineshan54321
21st October 2007, 02:41 AM

now i know for sure the song will speed up. satisfied. :)

rayan36
21st October 2007, 07:19 AM

could be for the title song :roll:

thineshan54321
21st October 2007, 08:22 AM

could be for the title song :roll:

no doesnt look like it. marilyn manroe wont be that slow, its a peppy number for vijay, has to be fast.

krishh17
21st October 2007, 10:34 AM
AR Rahman must probably be the only music director whose music when released in samples will make more news than full albums of other MDs :mrgreen: ...All the samples r rocking...Ellapugazhum is a samme intro song for vijay...and if ARR is singing it, it must b very special..:cool2: ..Kettu rasitha paadal...woww...sample itself is so beautiful..full song i can't imagine... :swinghead: ...actually ellame sooper songs... maathi maathi samplese kettinu irukkavendiyadhu dhaan till the full music arrives :musicsmile:

rayan36
21st October 2007, 11:04 AM
no doesnt look like it. marilyn manroe wont be that slow, its a peppy number for vijay, has to be fast.

Hope it does...or maybe Ponmagal vanthal retuned to be peppy like thodhal poo malarum, that will be cool 8-)

A.ANAND
21st October 2007, 11:14 AM
latest update atm cd in k.l :lol2: :lol: in klang today.but in k.l tomorow conferm! :swinghead:

rayan36
21st October 2007, 11:15 AM
latest update atm cd in k.l :lol2: :lol: in klang today.but in k.l tomorow conferm! :swinghead:

You mean we can get it in klang?

A.ANAND
21st October 2007, 11:26 AM
NETTU KLANG SHOPPING PONABOTHU ORU SHOP-LA AUDIO INNAIKKU INNU SONNANGA,BRICKFIELD-LA NETTU NIGTH PONA BOTHU VEENAI TRADING-LA ONLY MONDAY RELEASE SOLLARANNGA!TODAY I WILL GO BRICKFIELD AGAIN.CD OUT AANA,NICHAYAM SOLLAREN :D

rsubras
21st October 2007, 12:12 PM
Ella pugazhum song looks like a hang over of aararai kodi from the sample bit... atleast in the lyrics side....

but namma Rahman rahman thaan..vijay padathukku kooda kalakkal music tharaaru :D

rsubras
21st October 2007, 12:14 PM
There is a risk in scoring music for Ajith or Vijay films actually...the fans in recent times are so used to the usual music of their actor's films that they might not be able to get this kind of music into them... ATM music sivakasi range ku illiyae pa...appadinu yaaravathu sonnalum solvaanga :D

arsaregama
21st October 2007, 01:22 PM
i feel ajith fans received kireedom and vijay fans received sachein pretty well....

manmadan
21st October 2007, 01:54 PM
There is a risk in scoring music for Ajith or Vijay films actually...the fans in recent times are so used to the usual music of their actor's films that they might not be able to get this kind of music into them... ATM music sivakasi range ku illiyae pa...appadinu yaaravathu sonnalum solvaanga :D

Wot are you on about, in vijay orkut community everyone is loving the promos song and waiting for full album.
Neengala ondem imagine panna vendam.

Has ATM audio released in malaysia guys ??

Mahen
21st October 2007, 01:56 PM
Delayed again!!!Its officially releasing tmrw in Malaysia...FINAL

july
21st October 2007, 02:39 PM
Delayed again!!!Its officially releasing tmrw in Malaysia...FINAL

Yes.
Not only Malaysia, its worldwide release, so everyone will get taste of Arr music on first day release 8-)

Yathu
21st October 2007, 03:30 PM
Ow come on, release the songs already!!!!

If anyone in Malaysia's already got the CD, can you pleeeeeease get in touch! :D I know I won't get the CDs in my area for another week or so! :(

I will defo buy the CD when it comes out but i just want to listen to the full tracks now! Pretty please! :D

coucou
21st October 2007, 03:55 PM
After long time I like all songs (in samples) at first hearing in arr album!!! woow AMAZING SAMPLE!! :D My favorite are ellap pukhazhum ..and ketta padal... Voices are fresh!!

First Time not disapointment, and not a default in samples. :P

Can't wait for full album :?

ajaybaskar
21st October 2007, 05:04 PM
Wall Posters have been pasted all across TN for the release of audio. Cant hide my anxiety for this particular album...

thineshan54321
21st October 2007, 05:42 PM
I AM MAD!!!!!!! :evil: Even shopkeepers dunno whats happening, and if they dont they should really shut up. but i guess its good for them to make ppl coem to their store everyday... :x c'mon malaysian guys, call ur stores one more time. I am dying. :(

prasana84
21st October 2007, 06:13 PM
all sample songs r great esp tat 2 folk songs maduraiku n nathasaram r great. waitin 4 the audio :?

A.ANAND
21st October 2007, 06:59 PM
I AM MAD!!!!!!! :evil: Even shopkeepers dunno whats happening, and if they dont they should really shut up. but i guess its good for them to make ppl coem to their store everyday... :x c'mon malaysian guys, call ur stores one more time. I am dying. :(
DONT WORRY!TOMORROW CONFERM RELEASE WORLDWIDE THINES!!!ICLUDING MALAYSIA :D

rayan36
21st October 2007, 07:03 PM

Aaiyyo yemathidingalay Anand :banghead:

thineshan54321
21st October 2007, 07:04 PM

hope so man... hope they have a grand audio release functions too. surprised sivaji didnt have any. wanna hear ppl praise ARR hahahaha. :)

A.ANAND
21st October 2007, 07:06 PM

hope so man... hope they have a grand audio release functions too. surprised sivaji didnt have any. wanna hear ppl praise ARR hahahaha. :)naanum athaithan ethir parkiren thalaiva!

Warden
21st October 2007, 07:17 PM
No functions this time.

hope so man... hope they have a grand audio release functions too. surprised sivaji didnt have any. wanna hear ppl praise ARR hahahaha. :)

Ramakrishna
21st October 2007, 10:27 PM
i strongly feel that Ellaa pugazhum oruvan oruvanukke line in the first song is written by ARR.

kb
22nd October 2007, 05:06 AM
http://i24.tinypic.com/6za23p.jpg

indrumudhal ... pattaiya kilapum paadalgal

rayan36
22nd October 2007, 06:13 AM
which company releasing the cd in M'sia, Alai Osai, Pyramid or five star...

A.ANAND
22nd October 2007, 08:06 AM
which company releasing the cd in M'sia, Alai Osai, Pyramid or five star...LOTUS FIVESTAR.

kb
22nd October 2007, 08:10 AM
can someone tell me a site where i can order ATM CD. for delivery in US

thineshan54321
22nd October 2007, 08:12 AM
can someone tell me a site where i can order ATM CD. for delivery in US

try musicyogi kb, but i suggest ordering from ayngaran, its faster and cheaper. musicyogi takes time and costs more as it is imported from india.

kb
22nd October 2007, 08:52 AM
thanks,
i searched ayngaran.. innum varala :(

A.ANAND
22nd October 2007, 09:12 AM
innum sila maninerathil full songs resault therinthu vidum!!ippave bak!!bak!!!innuthu :huh:

kb
22nd October 2007, 09:43 AM
CD maduraila release aaiduchaam.. ponmagal vanthaal remba remba nalla irrukunu sonnanga

Guess_Me
22nd October 2007, 10:22 AM
Songs have started appearing on Torrent sites

lancelot
22nd October 2007, 10:52 AM
guess me.... can u giv me the link... cant wait till evening to go get the CD
hehe
:D

krishh17
22nd October 2007, 10:56 AM
lancelot....Tamiltorrent.com le release aayidichi...

dunno when ayngaran le release aagum :roll:

lancelot
22nd October 2007, 11:13 AM
looking for it in tamitorrent.... cant find it
hehe

rayan36
22nd October 2007, 11:29 AM
KL its, any updates......

stone cold
22nd October 2007, 11:58 AM
released in M'sia...listening to the first intro song now...can't get enough of it...awesome song :D

stone cold
22nd October 2007, 12:00 PM
hehe

search under music section

lancelot
22nd October 2007, 12:10 PM
hehe

found the torrent... but i think i hav to pay to register... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hehe

anoops
22nd October 2007, 12:11 PM
a review from orkut

Ellappugazhum....

A master piece from ARR... like his voice a lot n the music is really rocking.... will be a good intro song n the best for Vijay.... ARR's voice is unmatched especially whn the song is about to end....

rating: 9.5/10

Ponmagal vandaal....

A brilliant remix from ARR.... i feel this is better than Thottal Poo malarum.... the rap was really nice.... overall the beats by ARR is nice n cant be matched with any other song... a real treat to hear...

Rating:10/10

Mee marilyn manroe...

A good song with western blend... lyrics are the highlight of this song... the locations must be an added advantage too....

Rating: 9/10

Valayapathi....

Looked very ordinary when the promo was heard... but was really brilliant to hear the full song... i had goose bumps whn i heard this song..... naresh iyer as usual has rocked.....

Rating: 9.5/10

Kelamal....

Well i was not happy with this song in the promo but now on repeated hearing i like it.... except the gals voice in the starting everything is fine.... i din like the voice whn she sings ketu rasitha padal... other than that i like the lyrics n the beats...

Rating: 8/10

Maduraiku....

A song that is totally away from usual ARR style.... but a good music n will surely be one of the chart busters.... many will start luving this song after the video is released.... am sure theatre will rock for this song....

rating: 9/10

Overall i wud rate the album 9.2/10.... a really convincing album it has all chances to be the top album of the year...

stone cold
22nd October 2007, 12:41 PM
hehe

found the torrent... but i think i hav to pay to register... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hehe

listen here

http://www.hummaa.com/albumpage.php?pg=ja&lg=14&lc=Movies&md=24102

anoops
22nd October 2007, 12:51 PM
listen here

http://www.hummaa.com/albumpage.php?pg=ja&lg=14&lc=Movies&md=24102

che this site also blocked in office - office kku leave vidungappa :evil: :evil: :x :x :x

anoops
22nd October 2007, 01:00 PM
looks like Ponmagal takes the cake!! ARR :clap: :clap:

SoftSword
22nd October 2007, 03:16 PM

Bingo!!!

I dont think its copied guys, just the feel. But I think with kaettu rasitha, ARR tried to have an old feel with female part (listen to the lyrics). Kaettu rasitha paaadal onrai, meendum indru GNABAGAM thoonda... He processed the voice in that way to make it sound like IR's melody too. Nevertheless, these songs r rocking my socks. Yes dinesh, Mudhalvan ARR is definitely back. Hope you are back with the original CD. :)

even i hope the same with respect to the kelaamal song lady voice...
its intentionally tuned that way...

SoftSword
22nd October 2007, 03:17 PM
the songs are rocking.... :redjump: :bluejump:
man am in cloud 9 now...
thanks for the humma link guys...

thineshan54321
22nd October 2007, 03:29 PM

Bingo!!!

even i hope the same with respect to the kelaamal song lady voice...
its intentionally tuned that way...

yep, ARR intentionally wanted to do the song in an old style. it seems like he is bridging old and new together with old being female and new being male. anyways, still havent listened yet. THe first time listening to ARR's song is prolly one of those suspense-filled, joyful experiences i ever have in life. keeping my fingers crossed and starting to listen.

lancelot
22nd October 2007, 03:36 PM
the only shop in Colombo selling the original CD don hav it yet... they deserve to be shot... must make them stand in a row and shoot them one by one on the head... grrrrr

hehe

thilak4life
22nd October 2007, 03:42 PM
the only shop in Colombo selling the original CD don hav it yet... they deserve to be shot... must make them stand in a row and shoot them one by one on the head... grrrrr

hehe
Pulp fiction, QT-a, Depalma-va, illa Scorsese influence-a? :)

thilak4life
22nd October 2007, 03:44 PM
Listened to the songs - easily the most refined 'mass' songs in a Vijay film. ARR - :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
22nd October 2007, 04:06 PM
Listening to the songs. Madhuraikku Pogathadi is one helluva song. Wooohooooooo.... :redjump: :bluejump:

Madevan94
22nd October 2007, 04:08 PM
quality is not good at humma ..
try at raaga

http://www.raaga.com/channels/Tamil/movie/T0001229.html

better quality, wonderful song : RAHMAN ROCKS

muzammil_fr
22nd October 2007, 04:09 PM
http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showforum=69
320 kbs songs available there

lancelot
22nd October 2007, 04:14 PM

hehe
Pulp fiction, QT-a, Depalma-va, illa Scorsese influence-a? :)

if u put it that way... its defiantly QT... no doubt..
hehe

muzammil_fr
22nd October 2007, 04:31 PM
in ten min my site is download because of atm release, so much downloaddddddddddddddddddd in only 10 min

muzammil_fr
22nd October 2007, 04:33 PM
ATM Rocks, ARR Rulez Non Stop In Indian Music.

lancelot
22nd October 2007, 04:35 PM
in ten min my site is download because of atm release, so much downloaddddddddddddddddddd in only 10 min

u r the best man... iv been refreshing your site since morning... thank you.... but its a lil slow... obviously no...

hehe

muzammil_fr
22nd October 2007, 04:37 PM
now it become online again :) buy original cds

sureshmehcnit
22nd October 2007, 04:41 PM
A Hit Material for sure

my comments

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2007/10/azhaghiya-tamizh-magan-soundtrack.html

ThalaNass
22nd October 2007, 04:42 PM
Simply mindblowing.... amazing... :D :D ARR's voice was amazing in Ellapugazhum song.... :P

Ember rap... wow...... 8-) 8-)

best album of d year so far!!!!!!!!!! sivaji ellam jujubi... :D :D

MADDY
22nd October 2007, 04:46 PM
First thoughts

1. Master has concentrated only on getting a catchy pallavi, missing his touches in interludes and charanams(almost all songs with only 1 charanam)
2. Terribly disappointed with Ponmagal remix.......why the heck does he need to do a remix?
3. Valayapatti, Maduraikku pogaadhadi are sure winners
4. Marylin Monroe is a cool song
5. Kelaamal has a very heavy deja-vu feel....

hope it gets better as no. of listenings increase....but definitely on its way to be ranked above SOK, Guru......

lancelot
22nd October 2007, 04:53 PM
hope it gets better as no. of listenings increase....but definitely on its way to be ranked above SOK, Guru......
thats saying alot Maddy.. hope u r correct... wil listen an see... cant wait to go home an download it.. :D
hehe

july
22nd October 2007, 04:58 PM
Just get the CD.
Very Very Great Album From Arr.
never expected such music for Vijay Movie.
Arr is truly class apart..
All Song rocking.
This is enough to make crowd in theatre.
dunno about others, but i'm really enjoying the music very very very much.....
Superb album!!!!

stone cold
22nd October 2007, 05:00 PM
all the songs are mindblowing including madurai....exceeded my expectations!! :2thumbsup:

muzammil_fr
22nd October 2007, 05:00 PM
Guys don't buy any cd on raaga they don't show atm release on thier front page , they only add it in movie index, they are real anti arr fans they don't even release sivaji songs, now they with atm they release, but not putting on home page http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001229.html

stone cold
22nd October 2007, 05:04 PM
ATM songs rock!

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 22 October , 2007, 16:15

At last Vijay's Azhagiya Tamizh Magan (ATM) audio was released today (October 22), through all music shops in India. The Indian audio rights holder Star Music expects 25000 CD's of the film to sell in the next three days.

Initial reports suggest that Vaali written Ellapughazum sung by AR Rahman himself has been pumping the adrenalin of Vijay's fans and is said to be the introductory song of the star. The glamorous song on screen is going to be Marlyn Monroe , which has full of English words and is peppy. The remix song Ponmagal Vandhal is also a scream!

On the whole, the reaction from Vijay fans is that the album rocks, and Rahman-Vijay combination will be a chartbuster, especially after the songs are telecast on the channels after the release of the film.

According to a spokesperson of Star Music: "ATM audio released in to the market today morning has opened very well. All stores in Chennai are reporting brisk sales."

july
22nd October 2007, 05:23 PM
^ look like sify give good report about arr for first time , i think...

Ponmagal Vaandal is rocking for sure !!!!

but my roughly guess i think Ponmagal Vandal will be controversial song of the year, lot of old people will sure condemn about this remix...

july
22nd October 2007, 05:28 PM
The Orchestration in Ellaappugazhum is simply mind blowing !!!!!
This will be forever Vijay best intro ever !!!! 8-)

Ramakrishna
22nd October 2007, 05:49 PM
wow... what an outstanding intro song. outstanding A.R.Rahman voice

rayan36
22nd October 2007, 05:52 PM
First song I love on this album- Nadhaswaram polla vandhai- the female intro simply ARR magic....listening to only this..for the time being

MADDY
22nd October 2007, 05:57 PM
intro song pallavi is amazing......better than Balleilakka 1000 times......first interlude is also very grand......something like oruvan oruvan mudhalaali......

stone cold
22nd October 2007, 05:59 PM
Kelaamal song has nice interludes

Mahen
22nd October 2007, 06:34 PM
Rocking man!!!ATM rocks big time...Way better than SOk..Im thinking now whether is on par with sivaji or better than sivaji....Both the folks songs 1st class and the remix is refreshing..Abt the remix, is it by arr?i thought some1 mentioned earlier that it is not by arr...

Ramakrishna
22nd October 2007, 06:56 PM
amazing album

littlemaster1982
22nd October 2007, 06:57 PM
I'm sure the remix is not by ARR. He vehemently refused to remix a MGR song for SJ Suryah and retuned it instead.

Even in the CD, the remix is credited to someone else.

Ramakrishna
22nd October 2007, 07:00 PM
I'm sure the remix is not by ARR. He vehemently refused to remix a MGR song for SJ Suryah and retuned it instead.

Even in the CD, the remix is credited to someone else.

whatever, even that remix rocks

july
22nd October 2007, 07:12 PM
ahhh...
so many layer in Arr music...listen carefully guys.
i like this album more than sivaji on first hearing. Brilliant album from Isai Puyal.....

look like there new singer here.. am i correct ???
Ujjayinee,Benny Dayal, Archith, Dharshana, Ember Rap

and this > Madhumitha < is introduced by HJ rite ?

SoftSword
22nd October 2007, 07:14 PM
someone post here the credits given for the remix...

Ramakrishna
22nd October 2007, 07:15 PM
AZHAGIYA TAMIZH MAGAN

Cast - Vijay, Shreya
Director - Bharatan
Producer - Appachan
Lyrics - Vaali
Label - Star Music

Songs

1. Ellaappugazhum
A.R. Rahman

2. Kelaamal Kaiyile

3. Maduraikku Pogathedee

4. Nee Marilyn Monroe
Benny Dayal, Ujjayinee

5. Ponmagal Vandaal
Aslam, Ember Rap

6. Valayapatti

Instruments

Credits

__._,_.___

kamalsurya
22nd October 2007, 07:18 PM
Strangely for the 1st time when listening to a arr album I liked it on the 1st hearing...Usually his songs take some time to seep through...but this time it just registers straight away...Intro song and Valayapatti rockin

littlemaster1982
22nd October 2007, 07:21 PM
someone post here the credits given for the remix...

AZHAGIYA TAMIZH MAGAN

Cast - Vijay, Shreya
Director - Bharatan
Producer - Appachan
Lyrics - Vaali
Label - Star Music

Songs

1. Ellaappugazhum
A.R. Rahman

2. Kelaamal Kaiyile

3. Maduraikku Pogathedee

4. Nee Marilyn Monroe
Benny Dayal, Ujjayinee

5. Ponmagal Vandaal
Aslam, Ember Rap

6. Valayapatti

Instruments

Credits

SoftSword
22nd October 2007, 07:22 PM
thanks Ramakrishna...

is it out for downloading...
raaga.com is not working for me...

thilak4life
22nd October 2007, 07:23 PM
Strangely for the 1st time when listening to a arr album I liked it on the 1st hearing...Usually his songs take some time to seep through...but this time it just registers straight away

Very true...

SoftSword
22nd October 2007, 07:23 PM
thanks lm...

baba88
22nd October 2007, 08:14 PM
I think the songs are released for download on www.tamilmp3tracks.com. If it's against the rules to tell links I will edit my post immediatley.

SoftSword
22nd October 2007, 08:22 PM
i have noted...
you can edit it now... :)
thanks.

rayan36
22nd October 2007, 08:40 PM
the title song is the best title song ever, the lyrics by Vaali is really astonishing I was waiting for Valli to write something like this (with ARR in it of course)sounded like written for MGR (nallai nallai indru nee indray elakathey indru vithaithal nallai mullaikum athainee marekathey)HATS OFF TO VALLI,
interludes were excellent, Rahman really got into the song (AS USUAL), the chorus was powerful...will be remembered and cherished for years to come...Ellam Pughalum Oruvan Oruvankay

SoftSword
22nd October 2007, 09:06 PM
ROCKING... ROCKING... ROCKING...
Need to come out of this shock to write more about the songs...

what a musical brain this guy has...
ella pugazhum a.r.r.ukkae...!!

Nerd
22nd October 2007, 09:47 PM
The Intro song is just about OK. May be its a vijay fan special, dint appeal to me much except the bass lines. The beats are stale in this song :roll:

kb
22nd October 2007, 09:51 PM
i always thought kuthu song ellarum podalaam..

but maduraiku pogathadi is a true folk.. with lot of ul kuthu's. :D

superb... i liked all the songs...

will be a great treat to watch vj dancing for maduraiki and marilyn monroe,ponmagal song..

wish it releases for deepavali.. atleast the video songs :P

A.ANAND
22nd October 2007, 09:59 PM
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!atm rockssssssssssssss brother. :clap: :2thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: finally i get cd in brickfields,k.lumpur prise rm.18.intha cd 3 days naan patta paadu irukke andava! :cry2: athella songs kettu 'thuusi 'mathiri ayiduchippa :D intha oru cd pothum intha varusam deepavali sema jollythan :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:thanks 4 my god[arr] :2thumbsup: solla varthai illai thalaiva!

A.ANAND
22nd October 2007, 10:15 PM
ella pugallum enggal 'aandavan' a.r.rahman-nukke :clap: oh my god!

inetk
22nd October 2007, 10:39 PM
Here's my nooru!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/10/22/azhagiya-tamizh-magan-tamil-a-r-rahman/

prasana84
22nd October 2007, 10:59 PM
songs r awesome no words

Dragun
22nd October 2007, 11:34 PM
Thumbs down to the Ponmagal Vandhaal remix, but the other songs are very good! Even better than Godfather IMO.

Ellapughazhum has the standard beat that ARR often uses but the guitars, strings, clapping, etc. elevate the song. Of course, it has an awesome tune.

Nerd
22nd October 2007, 11:40 PM
kELAmal is the winner hands down. Probably the only experimentation in this album. vaLayapatti and maduraikku pOgAthadi (esp the asaruthu asaruthu) sound so good. Marilyn monroe is typical ARR. But definitely its the best vijay album in a long time. Perhaps after kAdhalukku mariyAthai. Two thumbs up!!

Nerd
22nd October 2007, 11:44 PM
And talking about ARR's intros, anbE aaruyiE is still the number 1.

interz
23rd October 2007, 12:08 AM
ATM songs are very catchy,

IMO Ellapughalum, Ponmagal, Kelamal songs are best.

"manavan manasu vaicha!!!"

prasana84
23rd October 2007, 12:10 AM
vallaiyapathi song amazin. other songs r also sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooo gud.

kb
23rd October 2007, 12:13 AM
adhuruthu adhuruthu oor moththama.. adiyithu adiyithu ARR kuththama :D :D

svaisn
23rd October 2007, 01:23 AM
Any idea where I can get the CD online or in chicago?
Help pls

Dragun
23rd October 2007, 01:43 AM
I don't know about local stores in Chicago, but anytamil.com and ayngaran.com both have the CD for order.

thilak4life
23rd October 2007, 01:45 AM
And talking about ARR's intros, anbE aaruyiE is still the number 1.

"Endrendrum punnagai"

manmadan
23rd October 2007, 02:33 AM
All songs are rocking!! :2thumbsup:

My pick of the album is the Intro song and marlyn manroe song.

Ponmagal remix is suuperb awesome rap.

Liked all the songs on 1st hearing except the madhurai pogathedee, maybe if i listen to it more times.

svaisn
23rd October 2007, 02:54 AM
I don't know about local stores in Chicago, but anytamil.com and ayngaran.com both have the CD for order.

Thanks.... are these sites genuine??
Nothing to offend just wanted to check b4 giving the card details

Dragun
23rd October 2007, 03:08 AM
Ayngaran is the largest distributor of Tamil films outside India. They are based in the UK.

Re: AnyTamil. If the original packaging of a CD is a regular jewel case, they will likely send you the front cover and back cover and the CD in a plastic pouch sans jewel case. I once ordered a Carnatic CD from them and it came like this. However, I ordered a CD that came in a Digipak and it came in the original packaging. I think they also sell some 2-in-1 DVDs, but as far as I know their CDs are all legit.

mareen
23rd October 2007, 04:58 AM
amazing Album!!!

A.ANAND
23rd October 2007, 06:12 AM
marlin manroe whata okestration-briliant :omg:
thanjavur thavile-madura pakkam-savadi sanngu :omg:
ella pugalum-ponmagal[remix] :2thumbsup:
kellamal-beutifull melody :thumbsup:
overall atm is :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
one of arr's best album

thineshan54321
23rd October 2007, 06:26 AM
marlin manroe whata okestration-briliant :omg:
thanjavur thavile-madura pakkam-savadi sanngu :omg:
ella pugalum-ponmagal[remix] :2thumbsup:
kellamal-beutifull melody :thumbsup:
overall atm is :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
one of arr's best album

in complete agreement. i actually dunno what to say. i wasnt expecting much from this album at all. but to my surprise finally i feel like hearing a 90s ARR album not that it reminds me of any 90s tune or anything like that. Its completely fresh but I fell the 90s ARR is back. ARR that is known for awesome nervewrecking rhythms, soul stirring melodies. Kaelaamal is like my dream come true. I always wanted to hear a mel isayae or a thenmerku paruva kaatru, this is the next generation song that can be grouped with those melodies. I am completely satisfied. This is probably the best album in the 2000s and can easily overtake some 90s albums.

thineshan54321
23rd October 2007, 06:49 AM
as i said earlier kelaamal is supposed to remind u of an old song like the lyrics suggest, just want to straighten that out.

A.ANAND
23rd October 2007, 07:03 AM
ippadi sir ivarala mattum[arr] ovvoru album-mum ivvalo fresh-ah kodukka mudiyuthu??i'm wondering
listen marlin manroe and kaelamal song!wow!

thineshan54321
23rd October 2007, 07:11 AM
ippadi sir ivarala mattum[arr] ovvoru album-mum ivvalo fresh-ah kodukka mudiyuthu??i'm wondering
listen marlin manroe and kaelamal song!wow!

some people are born with the awesome ability to think really differently. Who would have imagined a techno orchestration for a soft melody. I was predicting melody along the lines of mel isayae or then merku as it was for vijay, but didnt expect a totally sophisticated techno orchestration. ARR can make an english album out of this especially this melody and ponmagal rap bits and ofcourse marylyn manroe.

Music4Ever
23rd October 2007, 07:19 AM
ATM songs appeal instantly, but would they stay with the listeners long enough? There are many subtle lifts from IR's old hits. Somewhere in the middle of Valayapatti, ARR has lifted IR's "Nee kEttal nAn mAttEn endra solvEN kanna" especially the part "NAn sathiyam kAkkum uththami Akkum, sonnadhai kEtkum pathini Akkum haiyya" in that IR number. That is a blatant lift. Otherwise also, that song is just another of ARR's "sakkara inikkira sakkara, idhil erumbukku enna akkara" imitation.

The song KEttu rasiththa pAdal is nice to listen to, although in the middle there is a darling darling darling I love you love you love you lift. IR himself lifted that, though. The song Madhuraikku pogAdhadi is, as someone already pointed out "Raja kaiya vecha wronga ponathillE". Also, I can feel some traces of Aaduvom paaduvom kondaduvom bit of IR. PonmagaL vandhaL is an acknowledged lift, a convenient way to fill the album for about 3 minutes.

That leaves the other two, the mandatory ARR number these days and the Marilyn Monroe song. Both are good, but the latter is pleasing. All in all, a listenable album from ARR, but nowhere near his best. His best is well behind him.

prasana84
23rd October 2007, 07:50 AM
great songs listening to it continously

A.ANAND
23rd October 2007, 08:17 AM
[tscii:c498074273]ATM - Music Review
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
When maestros make music, it cannot be questioned. There can be no second opinions. The least that one can rate is ‘quite good’. There was a feel in me couple of years back that Rahman had lost his touch with Tamil cinema. Sillunu Oru Kaadhal and Sivaji changed my mindset. Rahman’s place in Tamil Cinema is irreplaceable. Now, the music of Swargachitra Appachan’s Azhagiya Thamizh Magan(ATM), reinstates this fact very clearly.
Starring Vijay, Shriya and Namitha, ATM has music by Isai Puyal A.R. Rahman. This album will sure be a treat for Rahman fans as well as Vijay fans. Moving away from the typical Vijay film’s music Rahman gives something extra ordinary that will satisfy all class of music lovers. The storm has just begun.

Ella Pugazhum Oruvan Oruvanukke

A.R. Rahman begins the album, packed with all punch and style. An inspirational song for youth interspersed with few lines of praises for the hero, nicely written by Vaali. The chorus that comes throughout the song is nice and the heavy instrumental pumps up the adrenalin. The hero of the song is however Rahman, who with the full throated singing especially towards the end (Maanavan Manadhu Vaithaal) makes a big impression that won’t leave you till you finish listening the album

Verdict: Classy intro for a mass hero

Rating: 9.3/10

Ponmagal Vandhal

Die hard Rahmaniacs may not appreciate this remix work of Rahman very much. But this remix version of the old song from Sivaji Ganesan’s sorgam, is something I feel like Rahman’s answer to those dozen remixes that come up every month in Kollywood. With excellent western mix and the subtle rap that doesn’t harm your ears, it makes you realize how well remixes are handled by maestros. Aslam sings it simple and Ember Rap gives the right feel. And very nice mixing of TMS’s lines from the original song in the middle.

Verdict: Remix Reinvented

Rating: 9.2/10

Nee Marilyn Monroe

Completely tuned in western style with lots of English words thrown into the lyrics, this is yet another rocking song. Benny Dayal and Ujjayinee do a great job doing full justice to the tune. The female humming in the opening and the second interlude is brilliant. The use of Indian style instruments shortly in the first interlude is also a brilliant fusion. The guitar that plays all along the song is simply superb.

Verdict: Western all the way

Rating: 9.5/10

Valayapatti Thavile

This song opens slowly with a nice prelude and then singing by Madhumitha . Slowly it picks up speed continuing at a constant pace. The thavil that beats throughout the song and the mild nadhaswaram bits that play every now and then, gives you the southern flavor which fuses with the well composed North Indian Qawali style of singing by Naresh Iyer and Madhumitha(and Ujjayinee??). There is also a brief jugalbandhi with quite a few instruments and jadhis in the interludes. The intelligent use of different Ragas and swaras in the tune as per the lyrics is simply excellent work by Rahman, again a fusion of folk and carnatic. Naresh Iyer is as brilliant as ever.

Verdict: Fusion at its best

Rating: 9.8/10

Kettu Rasitha Paadal

An excellent melody with fast pace and great beats. Well, is that possible? With the maestro’s composing, anything is Its not a straight forward tune like Munbe Vaa, but little complicated like Sahana Saaral of Sivaji or Mellisaye of Mr.Romeo. The chorus of “Paarthum Paaramale Pogum Nerangale” in second interlude is out of the world, typical Rahman. Same with the case of “Kokilam Kokilam” line. Lyrics of Thamarai and brilliant rendition by Saindhavi and Sriram Parthasarathy are feathers in the cap of Rahman’s great composition. A song that grows over after every listening.

Verdict: Rocking melody

Rating: 9.7/10

Maduraiku Pogadhadi

Listening to this song, one instantly goes back to the days of Kizhakku Chemmayile, when Tamil folk got its techno form from Rahman. Usage of good number of village percussions and instruments like Sitar and nadhaswaram gives this song a very ‘Song of this soil’ feel. You got to believe that it’s the same Benny Dayal of Marilyn Monroe song who has sung this folk song. A very versatile find by Rahman. Yet another surprise is Dharshana whose voice gives this peppy folk a tinge of western. Supporting vocals are very important in such songs and it’s adequately done.

Verdict: The techno folk

Rating: 9.1/10

Go and grab your audio CD right away… It’s worth a buy and listen.

Overall Verdict: Adhiradi Isai Mazhai

Overall Rating: 9.4/10

posted by Karthik Srinivasan
THIS REVIEW FROM:VIJAYRULEZ.BLOGSPOT.COM[/tscii:c498074273]

A.ANAND
23rd October 2007, 08:21 AM
great songs listening to it continouslyaudio cd vaangi kekkarinngala illa net-la download panni kekkarinngala sir!

dinesh2002
23rd October 2007, 08:28 AM
ATM songs appeal instantly, but would they stay with the listeners long enough? There are many subtle lifts from IR's old hits. Somewhere in the middle of Valayapatti, ARR has lifted IR's "Nee kEttal nAn mAttEn endra solvEN kanna" especially the part "NAn sathiyam kAkkum uththami Akkum, sonnadhai kEtkum pathini Akkum haiyya" in that IR number. That is a blatant lift. Otherwise also, that song is just another of ARR's "sakkara inikkira sakkara, idhil erumbukku enna akkara" imitation.

The song KEttu rasiththa pAdal is nice to listen to, although in the middle there is a darling darling darling I love you love you love you lift. IR himself lifted that, though. The song Madhuraikku pogAdhadi is, as someone already pointed out "Raja kaiya vecha wronga ponathillE". Also, I can feel some traces of Aaduvom paaduvom kondaduvom bit of IR. PonmagaL vandhaL is an acknowledged lift, a convenient way to fill the album for about 3 minutes.

That leaves the other two, the mandatory ARR number these days and the Marilyn Monroe song. Both are good, but the latter is pleasing. All in all, a listenable album from ARR, but nowhere near his best. His best is well behind him.

Hello to u buddy, nice observations up there, kuddos...

Yea, i dun think its ARR's best, but i have never heard ARR so youthful after such a loooooong time.... yes sure, SOK, Godfather, y even Sivaji had peppy numbers, but really, those Valayappati, Madhureike pogathedi, Keelamal, Nee Marilyn Monroe numbers were too peppy... Sure,his last youthful album was Boys,but that was more of a modern kinda,but this is very very indianish....:)i mean, its coming from a 40s man... shocking !! i taut ARR is going to provide a matured scored somewhat like SOK or Sivaji for ATM, but gosh,i was wrong... REALLY WRONG!! some1 even asked me " R u sure these r ARR's songs?? it sounds like its composed by some 20 y/o young chap" 8-) Valayapatti like Sakarai?? no way man...its more classy & mass'y than Sakarrai....!!! :roll:

bro, yea...i too notice many old bits here & there, but what a Vijay album really needs is a catchy tunes, and i think ATM is no stranger to the "Vijay Album" category. :)... infact it gave a certain higher lift for its category.

Hmmm.... as usual ARR fans will rave over the numbers,i really wanna see a Vijay-Non-ARR fan comment... its more thrilling to listen thier views on the album rather than ARR's fan or Vijay-ARR fans....

as for me...all the numbers sounds awesome,except the intro song, im kinda numb with these kinda numbers from ARR, not only it sounds like Ah Aah's intro, but even his drowning voice makes it diff to understand wut he is trying to sing.. i have no idea how on earth his voice is going to suit Vijay...:roll: no offence to ARR/Vijay fans here who r crazy over this song, but im just telling wut i feel... cant help it...!!!!

but Music buddy,u must agree with me, all the songs in this album doesnt have the typical song patern. when i 1st heard the songs, it sounded nice but weird, esp Keelamal,Valaypatti, Nee Marilyn Monroe, n Ellapugazhum.... wait...i listed almost all... haha... Madhurai Pogathadhi on the other hand had the typical patern with its awefuly catchy tune,beats,lyrics,voices.... AWESOME!!!

oh yea...the Remix number is not done by ARR, THANK GOD!! its by Krishna Chetan ? saw his credit on the cover, the damn Malaysian CD cover doesnt has it.... useless cover...!!!

i was really dissapointed with ARR at 1st,that he too became like normal 3rd class MD who remixes old numbers, that is such a cheap act in my point of view!! i know,in a way it its entertaining, but i really dun like the idea they spoil the original song's flavour! and yes, that number is not a RETUNE,but REMIX!!

this album def promises a number of new voices, Dharshana, Ujjayinee, Archith.... i think Archith sang for ARR b4 as a harmony only, and Benny too manage to render 2 songs...and both were WOW numbers.... loved his songs in Sivi too... Madhumitha probably only sang few lines in the song, but still got credited.... good :) .... and Sriram Parthasarathy, the 'Suttum Vizhi Sudare' boy in ARR's song.... along with Saindhavi... she sounds offbeat at some parts, but sweet voice......

some1 here asked if Madhumitha ws a HJ intro, the answer is no, if im not mistaken she was introed by IR... or was it ARR, she had sung for ARR as harmony for his songs b4.... such as Sundari - Kannathil Muttamittal.... :).....

lancelot
23rd October 2007, 08:29 AM
any1 living in Chennai? pls send me a private message... for my luck my parents r going to Chennai tomorrow... may b they can get me the CD... YEY!!!

hehe

thineshan54321
23rd October 2007, 09:13 AM

Hello to u buddy, nice observations up there, kuddos...

Yea, i dun think its ARR's best, but i have never heard ARR so youthful after such a loooooong time.... yes sure, SOK, Godfather, y even Sivaji had peppy numbers, but really, those Valayappati, Madhureike pogathedi, Keelamal, Nee Marilyn Monroe numbers were too peppy... Sure,his last youthful album was Boys,but that was more of a modern kinda,but this is very very indianish....:)i mean, its coming from a 40s man... shocking !! i taut ARR is going to provide a matured scored somewhat like SOK or Sivaji for ATM, but gosh,i was wrong... REALLY WRONG!! some1 even asked me " R u sure these r ARR's songs?? it sounds like its composed by some 20 y/o young chap" 8-) Valayapatti like Sakarai?? no way man...its more classy & mass'y than Sakarrai....!!! :roll:

bro, yea...i too notice many old bits here & there, but what a Vijay album really needs is a catchy tunes, and i think ATM is no stranger to the "Vijay Album" category. :)... infact it gave a certain higher lift for its category.

Hmmm.... as usual ARR fans will rave over the numbers,i really wanna see a Vijay-Non-ARR fan comment... its more thrilling to listen thier views on the album rather than ARR's fan or Vijay-ARR fans....

as for me...all the numbers sounds awesome,except the intro song, im kinda numb with these kinda numbers from ARR, not only it sounds like Ah Aah's intro, but even his drowning voice makes it diff to understand wut he is trying to sing.. i have no idea how on earth his voice is going to suit Vijay...:roll: no offence to ARR/Vijay fans here who r crazy over this song, but im just telling wut i feel... cant help it...!!!!

but Music buddy,u must agree with me, all the songs in this album doesnt have the typical song patern. when i 1st heard the songs, it sounded nice but weird, esp Keelamal,Valaypatti, Nee Marilyn Monroe, n Ellapugazhum.... wait...i listed almost all... haha... Madhurai Pogathadhi on the other hand had the typical patern with its awefuly catchy tune,beats,lyrics,voices.... AWESOME!!!

oh yea...the Remix number is not done by ARR, THANK GOD!! its by Krishna Chetan ? saw his credit on the cover, the damn Malaysian CD cover doesnt has it.... useless cover...!!!

i was really dissapointed with ARR at 1st,that he too became like normal 3rd class MD who remixes old numbers, that is such a cheap act in my point of view!! i know,in a way it its entertaining, but i really dun like the idea they spoil the original song's flavour! and yes, that number is not a RETUNE,but REMIX!!

this album def promises a number of new voices, Dharshana, Ujjayinee, Archith.... i think Archith sang for ARR b4 as a harmony only, and Benny too manage to render 2 songs...and both were WOW numbers.... loved his songs in Sivi too... Madhumitha probably only sang few lines in the song, but still got credited.... good :) .... and Sriram Parthasarathy, the 'Suttum Vizhi Sudare' boy in ARR's song.... along with Saindhavi... she sounds offbeat at some parts, but sweet voice......

some1 here asked if Madhumitha ws a HJ intro, the answer is no, if im not mistaken she was introed by IR... or was it ARR, she had sung for ARR as harmony for his songs b4.... such as Sundari - Kannathil Muttamittal.... :).....

i am truly enjoying an ARR album throughly in years dinesh. its amazing.

SoftSword
23rd October 2007, 09:14 AM
dumbstuck guys...
what an album....

hearing to my room mate playing this song, i woke up at 7 today and came to office at 8 30... for the past three eyars i go to office at 11 30 usually...

now can i call this as an awakening album...

apdiyae rahman kaal'la vizhanum pola irukku...

krishh17
23rd October 2007, 09:36 AM
ATM = ATtagaasaM :2thumbsup:

http://sirishminapalli.blogspot.com/2007/10/azhagiya-tamizh-magan-audio-review.html

vijayr
23rd October 2007, 10:10 AM
An embarassing slip for Rahman after SOK and atleast a couple of fresh numbers in Sivaji. A lot of techno garbage, repetitve voice processing and lots of deja vu. Remix- inexcusable,no matter who does it. Hopefully this is the last time Rahman does it. But thats what you get when you choose to do a Vijay film. PonmagaL vandhaaL is such a classic. The Marilyn Monroe song flat out sucks. It would befit a Harris Jayaraj to compose something like that. In fact the style of singing and the chessy thanglish words reminded of kannum kannum Nokia. The so-called melodies dont fare much better either. Atleast Udhaya had "udhaya udhaya uLarugiren". This is an album that sounds like as if the sound engineer at Rahman's studio put it together.
I was initially disappointed when I heard that Rahman was going to do a Vijay film which I thought was a poor choice for him at this stage, and hearing the album has only confirmed my apprehension. This is pretty underwhelming stuff which can be shelved along with Parasuram, Baba and other such albums.

mahen01
23rd October 2007, 10:43 AM
Techno is good. Whats lacking in this album is a soul touching song like New York in SOK and a Athiradi song. Other than that its a good album. I like Marlyn manro and oruvan.

thilak4life
23rd October 2007, 11:09 AM
An embarassing slip for Rahman after SOK and atleast a couple of fresh numbers in Sivaji. A lot of techno garbage, repetitve voice processing and lots of deja vu. Remix- inexcusable,no matter who does it. Hopefully this is the last time Rahman does it. But thats what you get when you choose to do a Vijay film. PonmagaL vandhaaL is such a classic. The Marilyn Monroe song flat out sucks. It would befit a Harris Jayaraj to compose something like that. In fact the style of singing and the chessy thanglish words reminded of kannum kannum Nokia. The so-called melodies dont fare much better either. Atleast Udhaya had "udhaya udhaya uLarugiren". This is an album that sounds like as if the sound engineer at Rahman's studio put it together.
I was initially disappointed when I heard that Rahman was going to do a Vijay film which I thought was a poor choice for him at this stage, and hearing the album has only confirmed my apprehension. This is pretty underwhelming stuff which can be shelved along with Parasuram, Baba and other such albums.

My Niece shares that opinion too. But, I feel that 'effectivity' is more important. And, please, Harris messes it up - this is more refined, and it's the best he could do for a 'mass' paradigm, at least in a Vijay film. It's not meant to be 'evocative', but purely for instant pep, which this album surely provides. Mahen nails it on what it misses, "soul touching song like New York in SOK and a Athiradi song."
'
P.S: I'm waiting for Joe's reaction about the remix. That will be a cause for a debate from NT fans...

dinesh2002
23rd October 2007, 11:20 AM
hmmm....i think 'Kelamal' is a melodic number, it has the soul in it... trust me.... :) ... i remember how people insulted ARR for the "Rangoli" chant in Munbe Va, they said [even me] that it didint fit the song... but now?? its 1 of the best melody number since 2006,y? even in ARR's love number list :) ...

' Kelamal '....just that it has a new patern, which is tottaly new for ur ears & mind :)... it took me time to understand the song aswel, but once i saw the patern & was used to it.... it spells M-A-G-I-C.... not saying this coz im ARR fan.... :)

Brothers, the remix isnt by A.R.Rahman....

vijayr
23rd October 2007, 11:24 AM
thilak, Sivaji was a mass album as well but adithadi had a lot of style to it. So did the style song and the main theme. So I dont buy this excuse. Looks like Rahman wasnt interested much or was busy with his overseas assignments and just phoned it in. He is capable of much better stuff than this. A kuthu song can be tastefully done too. It need not be mediocre. Even the Gummi adi song in SOK and the Ballelakka song in Sivaji had more pep and life than the so called mass numbers here. The pallavi of the intro song alone impressed me with its energy. But then the tune falters in the stanzas.Madhuraiku pogadhadi is Immaan/Dhina stuff.

thilak4life
23rd October 2007, 11:28 AM
Vijayr,

I could see where you're coming from in terms of feel (like Harris, or Immaan/Dhina), but the execution and the final feel is certainly better in Rahman's case, it's not as bad and it will surely age well in time (like all ARR numbers). As I said, the best Vijay 'mass' album I've heard..

stone cold
23rd October 2007, 11:42 AM
My order

Ellappugazhum

What a song, very energetic.The best intro song for Vijay.

Kelamal kaiyille

Sumethin new n fresh., sounds weird the first time i heard it coz of the technoish music but now i just love it.It has nice interludes.

Nee merlyn mandro

Awesome song, catchy music.the starting bit sounds kewl.Reminds of 90's Rahman.

Valayapatti

Naresh Iyer :clap: wat a find by rahman.just love the first interlude n the classical parts.

Maduraikku

Nice folk song .The starting bit 'Karpura' is the highlight of this song.

Ponmaghal vanthal

is it by arr?..Sounds good, but i prefer if its a retune like thottal poo malarum.The inclusion of bits from the original song sounds nice.
Personnaly i am against remixes.

Overall:Exceeded My Expectations!! :2thumbsup: .Vijay's best song till date.The last vijay movie songs i enjoyed is Friends.Glad there are no Kuthu songs :D I can't say its better than Sivaji songs but it has more variety.

united07
23rd October 2007, 12:07 PM
Its absurd to claim Ponmaghal Vanthal is not done by ARR.

That is one of the most enjoyable song of the album.

Unless, ARR himself claims that that was not done by him, I'm not buying it. If really its not by ARR, then i have no words to say a anything at all.

By the way, Ellapughazum is good (has traces of Katril Orr Varthai beat - an Ajith beat for Vijay song!!!!). Arr's high-pitch signing faltered big time i guess? No idea...might take time...

Ponmaghal Vanthal is hip, cool and clean! I'm enjoying it absolutely

Marilyn Monroe has some Malay (malaysian traditional) instrument used....sounds like "Gamelan" nevertheless good

Valiyapatti...ok...

Kelammaal - sounds good...especially the 'kokilam'

Madhuraiku - have not grooved me yet...

Overall, 4 good songs out of 6 spells a HIT album!

Just my 2 cents worth.

rajasaranam
23rd October 2007, 12:12 PM
Digression:

<An interesting observation i've made here in the forum:
All (/most) ARR fans rave and bring the sky down in appreciating any new album from him ditching his older albums. They just blatantly say the album is better than the earlier ones.
All (/most) IR fans rule out any new album and they blatantly say the earlier one was better.
This shows only one thing according to the fans of respective composers IR's quality is going down day by day and ARR's quality is going higher day by day.

this is just an interpretation made on the observation of the posts made here :) NOM>

End Digression.

I liked the valayapatti (the song seamlessly travels between tamil folk, carnatic, hindusthani etc., ) , ponmagal vanthaal remix and kelamaal kaiyile. (some one here observed 'Who can think about using techno music for a melody ??? it was already thought about and executed by IR in many songs one such song would be 'Sundari Neeyum from MMKR)
Ella pugazhum is rework of En anbe Arruyire
nee marlyn monroe is rework of enaku oru girlfriend
Still a listenable album overall.
But i love Shivaji better than this for oru koodai sunlight and Athiraddee.

Dragun
23rd October 2007, 02:30 PM

The Ponmagal Vandhaal remix is specifically credited to Krishna Chetan, right on arrahman.com

Additional Programming & Ponmagal Remix: Krishna Chetan

Dragun
23rd October 2007, 02:33 PM

The Ponmagal Vandhaal remix is specifically credited to Krishna Chetan, right on arrahman.com. Go to the discography page which is behind the door marked "The Journey."

Kelamal is a beautiful song, but the techno orchestration sounds somewhat generic to me. The tune mostly outshines the orchestration here.

I will check if ARR has used any of the Apple Soundtrack Pro gamelan loops in the Marilyn Monroe.

krish244
23rd October 2007, 03:34 PM
[quote=united07]Kelamal is a beautiful song, but the techno orchestration sounds somewhat generic to me. The tune mostly outshines the orchestration here.

Agree. I also felt that a complete techno beat did not suit the tune melody. I like the tune as such.

thanks,

Krishnan

dinesh2002
23rd October 2007, 03:45 PM

The Ponmagal Vandhaal remix is specifically credited to Krishna Chetan, right on arrahman.com

yea Dragun, the CD cover of India's version, has this CREDIT printed on them, its only the Malaysian cover did not mention this....

United,dun believe me??

see here :

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8413/normalatmoutercdcoverir2.jpg

raaja_rasigan
23rd October 2007, 04:36 PM
some parts of kelamal kaiyile song resembles Agaya vennilave - Arangetra velai

SoftSword
23rd October 2007, 05:03 PM
yes raaja_rasigan..

the song goes like
"kaettu rasittha paadal onrai...
meendum inru nyabagam thoonda..."

for which arr has used that tune intentionally...
i hope its kindof a tribute to IR...

july
23rd October 2007, 05:12 PM
Confirmed that Ponmagal Vaandal is other people hardwork. Not Arr.
as a prove we have credited cd cover & when ATM HQ promo release there is no Ponmagal Vaandal.

Whoever done it, i really like the outcome.

raaja_rasigan
23rd October 2007, 05:51 PM
yes raaja_rasigan..

the song goes like

then its fine

ezy0265
23rd October 2007, 06:37 PM
First Listen says songs are here to stay for a while. A good effort by ARR, much much better for Vijay compared to Udaya.

He has limited his experimentations here and result speaks for itself. Overall good album meeting expectations.

Hope the movie capitalizes!

rayan36
23rd October 2007, 06:41 PM
(some one here observed 'Who can think about using techno music for a melody ??? it was already thought about and executed by IR in many songs one such song would be 'Sundari Neeyum from MMKR)

:exactly: I'll second to that, since I love IR's work in the 80's, my fav techno/melody song is Vannila Thenilla.... ok back to the future

Mahen
23rd October 2007, 06:45 PM
Im SUPRISED/SHOCKED that some ppl r bashing atm's music..i was furious when some clowns said that 'madhuraike is dhina/imman stuff"...It tought it was a classy folk song..And abt the so called similarities with IR's music, i swear i sang both IR's tune and ARR's repeatedly but i cant find a match..I even forced myself to match them but i still cant find any similarities...And calling that 'blatant lift' is over the top...

And abt the remix, i seriously think the whole idea is conceived by arr bcos of the word 'ADDITIONAL' programming..My wild assumption is that maybe Arr did the groundwork and pass the remaining 'jujubi' task to krisha chetan

Music4Ever
23rd October 2007, 06:56 PM
Man.. The Marilyn Munroe song rocks! I love the bit that goes ooooohh oooohh. The whole number is brilliant to listen to. Hey Mahen, how old are you?

SoftSword
23rd October 2007, 06:59 PM
Im SUPRISED/SHOCKED that some ppl r bashing atm's music..i was furious when some clowns said that 'madhuraike is dhina/imman stuff"...It tought it was a classy folk song..And abt the so called similarities with IR's music, i swear i sang both IR's tune and ARR's repeatedly but i cant find a match..I even forced myself to match them but i still cant find any similarities...And calling that 'blatant lift' is over the top...

And abt the remix, i seriously think the whole idea is conceived by arr bcos of the word 'ADDITIONAL' programming..My wild assumption is that maybe Arr did the groundwork and pass the remaining 'jujubi' task to krisha chetan

yeah definitely must have been under the supervision of arr...
otherwise it wont get a "CHECKED OK" stamp from the master as it takes place in his album...

rayan36
23rd October 2007, 08:07 PM
My ranking

1. Ellam Pughalum (definitely)
I've given my review for this contemporary song

2. Kellamal Kaiyilae
first line (Kedhu rasitha padal), female voice sounded like a malaysian singer,but soon changed paced when the male voice entered with the Rahman magic of elevating the song with orchestration. Thamarai is very good with her tamil lyrics..luv the interludes and the elevation...sounded like mel Isai...Rahman with his 90's touch

3. Valayappati

Just love the singers in this one...starting with a melodious female voice- typically Rahman style, the base beat is truly fresh and fun. The thing I love about this song is that like all instruments collide with each other, there's even a malaysian gong (I dunno the name actually). With all the instruments being played it never tarnished the lyrics...I luv the lyrics too :2thumbsup:

4. Nee Marilyn Monroe
Sly lyrics...can't believe its from Na.Muthu (kadalkaraiyinil beach house irikku, palla ooril farmhouse irikku, vaa one day girlfriendaghe variyaa)...cool loops and guitar strings...love the fusion interlude (bhangra beat meets techno).
P.S - Girlfriend (boys) has fast beats youth style, this song is more into playboy style 8-)

5. Madhuraikku
a 100% mass and totaly VJ song, can trace rahman magic in between the song, the asuthara asuthara bit and a bit elevation here and there with Rahman's keyboard(his magic)

6. Ponmagal Vanthal
I really expected something like Thodhal poo Malarum...kinda dissapointed :( ... the beat is good though. Thanks to the rap and the length of the song

TAMILNADU ISAI PUYAL VANTHURICHU

dinesh2002
23rd October 2007, 08:13 PM
yes raaja_rasigan..

the song goes like

then its fine

think its the raagam's flow ........

rayan36
23rd October 2007, 08:18 PM
[tscii:31db2f48eb]ATM soars!

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

No minimum balance NRI account

October 23, 2007

Finally the audio of the much-awaited Azhagiya Tamil Magan is out and as soon as it hit the stands it disappeared from the shelves. Audio stores were open early and CD’s and cassettes sold like hot cakes. Reports suggest yesterday was a great day for Vijay’s fans as the audio of the ATM was out.

According to the reports the response to the audio ranges from great to mediocre and that isn’t new for Rahman’s albums. It is an assorted album that has something for everyone.
Exact sales figures are not available yet but media reports suggest record sales. With the movie’s release date still remaining a mystery, the audio comes as the only form of solace for Vijay’s fans. Look out for our audio review, that’ll be up soon.

[/tscii:31db2f48eb]

prasana84
23rd October 2007, 08:33 PM
yes raaja_rasigan..

the song goes like

then its fine

think its the raagam's flow ........

think its the raagam's flow ........[/quote]
yes same happened before few years velli malarae frm jodi and senbagamey athu mattum ilama appadi orum perusa resemblance kedaiyathu. xcellent album but intro song little disappointment. others r two gud.

rayan36
23rd October 2007, 08:33 PM
[tscii:72e59af66e]Azhagiya Tamil Magan Music Review

Azhagiya Tamil Magan - Any time music
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, October 23, 2007]

Among the combinations in Kollywood, Vijay-A R Rahman is rather intriguing as the idioms that define the duo are totally different, and twain looked unlikely to meet. To be sure, Rahman had indeed scored music for a Vijay starrer previously. That was the unsung Udaya, a film that was laid low by many problems. Except the eponymous title track (and was certainly beguilingly brilliant), none of the numbers hardly had anything to redeem or remember. Vijay, in the meanwhile, had become the commercial star and this kind of films demanded ‘a’ kind of music, which if it came from Rahman would be disappointing. Rahman’s musical methods are believed to suit a different canvas.

So before settling down to listen to the Azhagiya Tamil Magan songs, the feeling was rather mixed, and the belief was that something, or rather someone, had to give. But after a single listen, we are happy to report that Rahman has packaged Vijay’s musical needs in a different flavor. But one that doubtless will have the Ilaya Thalapathi’s fans dancing in the aisles with gusto. Rahman’s genius lies here in the fact that he has not compromised his core constituency.

The six numbers, including a remixed one, carry that unique Rahman stamp ---- rhythmic razzmatazz, quaint harmonies and experimental interludes all creating a symphonic sounds cape.

1 Ella Puzhal

The title track in a mass Tamil movie is microcosmic to the overall genre. It has to have elevating lyrics. It has to have simple but catchy beats. It has to set the tempo for the scrip to feed on. But Rahman here bucks the trend. He provides all the necessary rhythms. He has, in a sense, redefined the ‘intro song with a tempo that is reflective without being ponderous. Rahman’s own vocals — in typical nasal high-pitched twang ---- provide a further newness. The beats are not all-out or in-your-face, but carry forward Vaali’s undoubtedly exalting and ennobling ideas in attractive packets of snappy strums and bewitching beats. It is not impossible to imagine what the reaction of Vijay’s countless fans whenever the word ‘thalapathi’ is uttered in the lyric.

2 Pon Magal Vandhal

Rahman, among the music directors, had steadfastly avoided the abhorrence of remixes. The one time he had to attempt that, Rahman did the honorable thing of re-tuning it (Thottal Poo Malarum in New), rather than add some high-octane rhythms to the original and preen to the world as if it is indeed a ‘new original’, so to speak. But here settles for the straight forward remix; the only liberty he takes here is a bizarre rap interlude. Aslam has sung with his all his energy, and Embar’s rap bit also works. But remixes are not Rahman’s.

3) Nee Marilyn Monroe

This is Boys song meeting Anniyan. Both in terms of the musical trope as well in terms of drift of the language. Full of city youth’s Esperanto, the words of Na Muthukumar (almost in bilingual with liberal use of ‘Party’, ‘Saturday night’,’ scanning’) will have the dancing feet tapping incessantly. Benny Dayaland Ujjaini sings with that stylized lilt that such songs are expected to sound. The chorus pattern is interesting and provides a defining staccato feel. The way ‘Nee Marilyn Monroe’ is enunciated is certainly very alluring and provides all the right impact for the song.

4)Valaiyapatti

Imagine a rambunctious Tamil folk madly cohabiting. And now, as if for a lark, throw a bit Carnatic nuggets. What do you get? A song that defies imagination. It takes musical effrontery to conjure such mix n’ match song. Rahman’s brilliance is in pulling this amazing number, on which explanatory words are ineffective. Naresh Iyer, like a stone waller is being asked to play the pinch-hitting role in cricket, has been asked to let his curly hair down and sing with uninhibited effulgence. Naresh does and provides the song the perfect patchwork. The twist into the by-lanes of Carnatic ragas (like Bageshwari, Saraswathi and Neelambari) is sheer genius. Ujjaini and Madhumitha’s voices climb the higher octaves with felicitous zeal while Muthukumar’s lyrics again match the mood. One for the album of mind!

5) Kelammal Kayile

Saindhavi sounds from just the upper part of the throat. It is a style that is fraught with risks. But it works to all our amazement. Pray why? The curious musical arrangement of Rahman and the male vocal of Sriram Parthasarathy, perhaps the most talented and bankable of young singers around. The pattern of the number is difficult to grapple immediately. But as ever, it takes hold of you slowly and before long you are captivated and traveling inside those lovely musical loops that every Rahman experience gives us. Thamarai’s words carry that love emotion quite effortlessly.

6) Maduraikku Pogathadee

Does a mass rhythm song have to be gross and cheesy, and sound soulless? Need not be. Rahman shows how. This is a folksy number that combines the resonance of Goanese beats, but is full of robust energy and rhythms that immediately transports the listeners to, say, rural Madurai. The singers Benny Dayal, Archith and Darsana voice Pa Vijay’s inspired words with an élan and ease that come to those who want to prove a point. The natural drift into the rural symphony is a stroke of musical genius.

And Rahman is certainly one

[/tscii:72e59af66e]

dinesh2002
23rd October 2007, 08:47 PM
[tscii:f9a390a4ae]whoa frens, check out this review... entertaining!! :lol2: wonde which joker wrote this kiddish thoughts.. and coming from a good ARR website... shocked to max!!! :?

Azhagiya Thamizh Magan - Serious Letdown
RahmanTimes.com

Azhagiya Thamizh Magan One album of A.R.Rahman I have been waiting for is ATM “Azhagiya Tamizh Magan”, especially after the duds like “Ah Aah”, “Godfather”, “Sillunu Oru Kaadhal” (expecting for a few good songs). With Rahman joining forces with our B.O King Ilayathalapathy Vijay one expects a commercial craker album for DIWALI … and Rahman arriving grand with Sivaji this year, seems like this would seem to be a cakewalk…

But our “Isai Puyal” seems to have slipped…slipped miserably.
The reasons follow… and my 95 rupees goes for a toss…

This is our first independant music review...am said that it goes for a not so rahmanish album

Ella Pugazhum

Supposed to be the title song of any hero worshipping movie, its predictable. A high pitched Rahman, Chorus praising the Hero, Trumpets ringing around…

The music is very much in the lines of “Anbe Aaryyire”. The opening beats match the rhythm of the recently release bheema “Oru Mugamo” song (Coincidence??), but ends up with dolak beats which has become a regular in Rahman numbers these days…(Remember Kaatril Oru Vaarthai) an echo effect starts off once Rahman starts singing making it very difficult for the listener to follow the lyrics (only Walkman might help you if you really want to know the lyrics). How could so much go wrong in Rahman’s first number of the album.

If at all something stands out its Vaalee’s meaningful poetry..

And when you feel the song reaches the finale, there comes the opening line “Ella Pughazhum…” in a different scale like the “Ooh La la la”s or “Humma Humma”s…

Ooof…Deep sigh

Ponmagal Vanthaal

Having being forced to hear to lot of monotonous remixes one expects Rahman to give us a relief this time atleast. Who can forget Rahman’s retune of the magical “Thottal Poo Malarum”… but this one seems to be no different from the crop of remixes we have heard… same old tune retained with peppy beats and a rap to end the song (common which remix doesnt have all this). Do we need A.R.Rahman to do such a number which these days are done by DJs.

Nee Marlyn Monroe

Ooof… having heard the not so impressive openers…one desperately is looking for a solid partnership…

And comes a breezy Hip-Hoppy number. If you are a follower of the backstreet boyz or Jackson you can’t stop thinking about the influence on our Puyal…

“Nee Nee neee…..” (is Jackson hearing this..”You you you”)

“Saturday-night party-kku pogalaam variyaaa” seems to pump some adrenalin… but again the interlude music and the beats are a letdown… very ordinary for Rahman standards. And here arrives an impressive new male lead singer Benny Dayal

Where’s that Rahman who gave us Mr.Romeo and Love Birds…

Valayampatti

Pick of the album. This is the Rahman I had been waiting for… Folk, Carnatic and a bit of Western…amazing jugalbandhi…

Ones which you rarely seem to hear in Kollywood… great melody, though a foot tapping number…typical A.R.Rahman…

Ultimately this track gives you wot the first three failed to…

But still one cannot compare the rhythm of initial lines with “Kummiyadi Kummiyadi of Sillunu Oru Kaadhal”…

The Raaga’s alaapanai that comes inbetween the song is just amazing… Ragamaligai at its best…
The singers surely need a pat on the back for it’s a tough rendering so much of swaras. On the lyrics front it blends well with the music…

Kelammal Kaiyile

After hearing the first four lines I immediately had to check if Vidyasagar was a guest composer…

Typical Vidyasagar composition which transforms into a foot tapping melody… “Mellisaye Mellisaiye” of Mr.Romeo comes to your mind if you are an ardent follower of Rahman… But one wonders where the old magic has gone.

“Kokilam Kokilam” lines are the pick… Nothing much to talk abt this number…

Thamarai’s lyrics start off different and end up as a usual duet song…

Maduraikku Pogathadee

Another folk song…a typical village wedding song… must be a dance number…
Again the orchestration is very ordinary…noway near his previous Sivaji in terms if richness…

Ilayaraja and Deva have given us enough of such numbers…

Looks like Rahman has composed a very simple album with No thumping beats or rich interlude orchestration (His usual Characteristics).

No genuine Rahman fan can digest such album…am just surprised to see many of the online reviews like “ATM Rocks” “He’s Back”…wish they could review the music instead of getting carried away by the name of the music director or the actor.

Might be a Vijay fans will lap it up …moving away to soft beats from the usual dubbanguthu… But serious letdown for ARR fans…

Time for Rahman to take a break from Tamil movies... looks like he's tired of doing this present trend of commercial (crap) music...

CD Packaging: Average…nothing creative (Cutouts and the posters seem to be better)

To sum it up…
Rahman has nothing new to offer this time around. Serious Letdown for ARR fans.

P.S: I understand many of you who read this might be cursing who did this review...but am very sure every genuine would have felt disappointed after atleast 20 hearings...

http://rahmantimes.com/music/mr_atm.htm :? [/tscii:f9a390a4ae]

littlemaster1982
23rd October 2007, 09:28 PM
Watever the reviewer's opinion is, he shudnt have used words like "duds like SOK", "Vidyasagar is the guest composer". That too in a fansite. Atrocious :x

MADDY
23rd October 2007, 09:44 PM
Digression:

<An interesting observation i've made here in the forum:
All (/most) ARR fans rave and bring the sky down in appreciating any new album from him ditching his older albums. They just blatantly say the album is better than the earlier ones.
All (/most) IR fans rule out any new album and they blatantly say the earlier one was better.
This shows only one thing according to the fans of respective composers IR's quality is going down day by day and ARR's quality is going higher day by day.

this is just an interpretation made on the observation of the posts made here :) NOM>

not at all RS.........ARR's fans seem to have got the expectation part perfectly right.... :lol: ....infact for ATM, that is the biggest plus.......we expected a disaster and ARR gave us a good album.......infact ATM songs are best suited for a musical/action movie.... 8-)

I liked the valayapatti (the song seamlessly travels between tamil folk, carnatic, hindusthani etc., ) , ponmagal vanthaal remix and kelamaal kaiyile. (some one here observed 'Who can think about using techno music for a melody ??? it was already thought about and executed by IR in many songs one such song would be 'Sundari Neeyum from MMKR)
Ella pugazhum is rework of En anbe Arruyire
nee marlyn monroe is rework of enaku oru girlfriend
Still a listenable album overall.
But i love Shivaji better than this for oru koodai sunlight and Athiraddee.

:notworthy: thanks for ur comments......

vijayr - enna aachu anna :shock: .......wat more u want to expect out of ARR here?? this movie is supposed to be a action/fun movie - adhukku songs are best suited :huh: .........picture this - SOK was a movie which depended solely on a good music score, Guru - Mani-ARR combo equation, Sivaji - Rajini-shankar-ARR combo equation - so if you look at it, ARR has delivered what exactly is required for ATM in this aspect.......the expected/delivered ratio has worked very well for ATM album...... :D

kb
23rd October 2007, 11:15 PM
its just hard to see some saying.. why he chose to do a vijay film... blah blah..

SJ surya padathuku .. thaluvuthu nalavuthu,markandeyeeee.. matter paatu potathukellam onnum sollala..

apidi ungaluku paatu and situation thaan mukkiyam apidina.. music album kanda karpanai vachi potu vikka sollunga..

least i can guarantee is this album and songs will have much more reach then SOK,GF

Dragun
23rd October 2007, 11:37 PM

The credit to Krishna Chetan reads "additional programming and Ponmagal remix," which means that Chetan has done the Ponmagal remix and he has also done some additional programming on other tracks. Two separate credits.

lancelot
23rd October 2007, 11:58 PM
any of u guys know wat exactly KOKILAM means??

Dragun
24th October 2007, 12:00 AM
Kokila = cuckoo bird

prasana84
24th October 2007, 12:33 AM
Im worried about the negative reviews b'coz the songs r really nice. valayapathi really rocks, kelamal and marilyn is also nice. great album

united07
24th October 2007, 01:09 AM
Sounds like the lyrics of Ellapughalum is very aprt describing ARR himself!

:)

Have been murmuring 'kokilam...kokilam', 'saturday nite, party-ku pogalam varaya', 'baby, yen album nee, baby, un DJ naan' and of course 'yellam pughalum oruvan oruvannukke'

HIT FOR SURE BABE! The last time I was mumbling a song right after it was relased was for boys, and we know what happened with it!!! He he he i know, it's just some crazy assessment from me!

Yathu
24th October 2007, 01:16 AM
There are people say they instantly like the songs, but I think this album is just like any other ARR album. It takes a good few listens, before you really appreciate the song or become hooked!

Out the all the songs, the one that i'm listening to most at the moment is Valayapatti. Im sure i'll love each of the songs one by one! :D

//Lancelot what happened to your trademark red font and hehe? :lol:

Yathu
24th October 2007, 01:16 AM
There are people say they instantly like the songs, but I think this album is just like any other ARR album. It takes a good few listens, before you really appreciate the song or become hooked!

Out the all the songs, the one that i'm listening to most at the moment is Valayapatti. Im sure i'll love each of the songs one by one! :D

nickraman
24th October 2007, 05:51 AM
ATM is good. Not the best I've heard from ARR. I know he can do better. He's proved it to us in the 90s.

But I'll say this: It's 100% better than Sivaji. I was hearing Rahman again, not recycled rap from various english songs. SOK was okay, sans for New York, the album wasn't really noteworthy.

Some of ATM songs have been lifted from songs like Anbe Aaaruyie, Ilamai, Girlfriend, Maro Maro, Thottal Poo Malarum, Sakkara, some SOK melody and more. Hence why I rated it a 3.5/5 Take a look:

Rahman needs no introduction. Neither does Vijay, or as he's fondly called by his fans: "Illayathalapathy."

After smelling success with Sivaji the Boss, Rahman dishes out with Azhagiya Thamizh Magan. Coming up with 6 numbers that are picturized with the likes of Vijay, Namitha and Telugu star, Shriya, fans have been eagerly waiting to see if the Mozart of Madras has more in store after his last outing.

First things first: Rahman's ATM is indeed a STEP better than Sivaji. I have given him every pot-shot for his laziness in Sivaji and as a dedicated Rahmaniac from his debut days, I had him on my number 2 list, number 1 being Isaignani Ilaiyaraja (who could forget those Agni Natchathiram, Dalapathi, Nayagan, Mouna Raagam, Idhaya Kovil, Vikram, Varsham 16, and other classic hits?) Rahman then continuded to surpass my expectations and from then on, he began to dish out chartbuster after chartbuster after chartbuster. For that reason, we must credit heavily to Mani Ratnam [ROJA-GURU] and to directors like Shankar [GENTLEMEN-BOYS], K.S Ravikumar [MUTHU, THENALI, PADIYAAPA, VARALAARU], Ram Gopal Varma [RANGEELA], and Subhash Ghai [TAAL, KISNA]. Why? For their ability to visualize the music that synched beautifully with the film. It was like that for the majority of the 90s. Today, Rahman manages to give us the good stuff but honestly, he had faltered in the past. Rang De Basanti was peppy, Guru was class but Sivaji the Boss wasn't extraordinary. It was okay music. Barring Sahara and Vaaji to a certain extent, the rest of the album dissappointed big time. Balleilakka was something that he took from Devuda of Chandramukhi, the majority of the numbers were more or less rap numbers indianized and that Athirade song was just...ambiguous to understand with all the mumbo-jumbo going in the background.

Aside from all that nostalgia, let's have a look at the songs.

ELLAAPUGAZHUM (A.R Rahman) Rating : 4/5
The song is most likely Vijay's staple intro song. The whole song as a whole has heavy shades of Anbe Aaruiye's title track. It's got Vaali's lyrics so you know the song will have some meaning. Despite being a sentimental song about poor people and thangachi doting and etcetera etcetera. Probably the best of the Vijay songs after that sad Pokkiri and his recent crop of masalas.

KELAMAL KAIYILE (Saindavi & Sriram Parasarathy) Rating: 3.8/5
It's a more or less your eurobeat number mixed with some addicting choral sirens. It's got a Rahman stamp all over it. However it's got a heavy "Sahara" hangover from Sivaji mixed in and "Ilamai" from Varalaaru. Nevertheless, Vidyasagar favorite, Sriram Parasarathy and newcomer Saindavi excell here.

MADURAIKKU (Benny Archal and others) Rating: 2/5
Remember that popular song from Thenali, "Hoja ye" and that recent Pokkiri mass number "Pokkiri Pongal?" It's basically that with Pravin Mani's version of "Baila Re" from Little John. Skippable as it's your staple village track. It's strictly so-so.

NEE MARLYIN MONROE (Ujjanee and Benny Archal) Rating: 3.9/5
Pretty good song and I would've rated it even higher if it weren't for the dubakoor english thrown into the song. Is it me or did you guys get shades of Boys songs "Girlfriend" and "Maro Maro". Cause I did. It's a good song and I have a feeling that the female voice, Ujjanee is from that Zee TV Winner of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa : Ek me aur Ek Tu. Because if that's not her, I don't know who is. Only the mozart can confirm this ;)

PONMAGAL (Aslam and others) Rating: 2.9/5
How ironic it's sounds so familiar to Bluffmaster's "Sabse Bada Rupaiya." It's a passable track but the beats and background music make up for it and the grace rating. It's your typical remix like song but Aslam is a good singer. Some later parts of the song has the tune from "Inisai."

VALAYAPATTI (Naresh Iyer, Ujjanee, Madhumitha) Rating: 3/5
Your average duet. No more shall be said.

On the whole: AZHAGIYA THAMIZH MAGAN is a TRUE Rahman album that you leave a lasting impression. Enjoy Ellappazhagam, Kelamal, and Nee Marylin Monroe and forget the rest. Forget Sivaji, this album is true Rahmaniac standards.

Rating: ***.5/5

There's definetly room for improvement. Anyways good songs, but not really enthusiastic about the movie. If they kicked out Shreeka and Gunditha for some "talented" heroines, I would go watch it.

united07
24th October 2007, 08:14 AM
[tscii:c94a5be4c4]Song1: Azhagiya Tamizh Magan Songs Lyrics : Ella Pugazhum

Singer: A.R.Rahman, Lyrics: Vaali

Munnal Munnal Munnal Munnal Vada
Unnal Mudiyum Unnal Mudiyum Thozha

Ellaa Pugazhum Oruvan Oruvanukke
Nee Nadhi Pola Odikkondiru
Endha Vervaikkum Vettrigal Vervaikkumey
Unmai Ullathil Thoor Vaikkumey

Oh Hey Thozha
Munnal Vadaa
Unnal Mudiyum
Thalathalabathi Thalabathi Neethaan Neethaan
Anbuth Thalaivaa Vettri Namakkey
Azhagiya Thamizh Magan Neethaney…Neethaney

Naalai Naalai Naalai Endru Indrai Izhakaathey
Nee Indrai Izhakkaathey..Nee Indrai Izhakaathey
Indrai Vithaithaal Naalai Mulaikkum
Adhai Nee Marakkaathey
Nee Adhai Nee Marakkaathey
Nee Adhai Nee Marakkaathey
Nettru Nadantha Kaayathai Enni
Nyaayathai Vidalaamaa?
Nyaayam Kaayam Avaney Arivaan
Avanidam Adhai Nee Vittuch Chel
Hey Thozaa Munnal Vada
Unnal Mudiyum
Azhagiya Thamizh Magan Neethaney

Eyyyyy

Manavan Manadhu Vaithaal Mudiyaathenbadhu Illai..
Kadal Pole, Malai Pole, Kaatrai Pole, Bhoomi Pole..
Nee Perumai Serada
Pirandhom Irundhom Sendrom
Endra Vazhvai Thookip Podadaa
Maanavan Manadhu Vaithaal

Oh oh oh oh Thozaa Munnal Vadaa
Unnal Mudiyum Unnal Mudiyum
Thozaa Munnal Vadaa
Unnal Mudiyum
Azhagiya Thamizh Magan Neethaney
Maanavan Manadhu Vaithaal

Song2: Azhagiya Tamizh Magan Songs Lyrics : Kellamal Kaiyile

Singers : Saindhavi,Sriram Parthasarathi, Lyrics : Thamarai

Kellamal kaiyile vanthaye kathale

Kaetu rasitha padal ondrai
meendum indru nyabagam thoonda
kaetu rasitha padal ondrai
meendum indru nyabagam thoonda

Ennai unnai ennithano
ezhuthiyathu polave thondra
ennai unnai ennithano
ezhuthiyathu polave thondra

Kaylamal kayile vanthaye kathale
en peril koovidum un perum kokilam

Kokilam…Kokilam…Kokilam
nenjile kadhalin kaal thadam

Kellamal kayile vanthaye kaathale.
endraman nee enil un kayil naan anil

Innimel innimel intha naanum naan illai
poi va poi va endre enake vidaigal thanthen
Melithai melithai naan irunthen
miga elithai engum nadanthen
indru unnai nenjil sumanthen naan
nadanthen nadanthathum vizhunthen

Koonthal ennum Anee aree muthamida aasaigal undu
Netri mooku uthadu endru irangi vara padigalum undu

Kellamal kaiyile vanthaye kadhale
en perai koovidum un perum kokilam

Paarthum Paramale
pogum nerangall
Paarthum Paramale
pogum nerangall
etho nadakinrathe
puditha pamaranmudale
paarkum Paramale
pogum nerangale

Kannai kannai simitum
nodiyil un uruvam maraiyum maraiyum
athanal imagal vendaam enben
Parvai ondral unnai alli
en kannin siraiyil unnai adaipen
athil nee nirantharamai Nee Iruka
imaigal vendum enben
Merku thisai nokki nadanthal iravu
konjam seekiram varumo
Thoongum thevai a-thum indri
kanavugalum kaigalil vizhuma

Kellamal kaiyileh vanthayeh kathale
endramal..nee enil
un kayil naan anil

Kokilam kokilam kokilam
nenjile kathalin kaal thadam
Kokilam kokilam kokilam
nenjile kathalin kaal thadam

Source: www.chennai365.com[/tscii:c94a5be4c4]

lancelot
24th October 2007, 09:20 AM

the net was slow and i was in a hurry to know what Kokilam ment....
are your sure its a bird? aint that bird called Kuyil

hehe

dinesh2002
24th October 2007, 12:45 PM
hmmm... is it me or Kelamal is sounding extraodinaire..... its just too good.....

and nickraman, nice review, but i really think Sivaji wasnt as bad as u claimed,really... yes,me too feel Bailailekka was a lil average,but the rest was 10/10.... :)

dinesh2002
24th October 2007, 12:47 PM
and people, duncha guys think at some point, Benny sounds awfully like Tippu???

cadburyboy
24th October 2007, 12:57 PM
i think the Ellapughalum song 1st interlude jus aft the prelude is exactly same the way siru parvayale song frm bheema 1st interlude takes off....any idea?

cadburyboy
24th October 2007, 12:58 PM
i think the Ellapughalum song 1st interlude jus aft the prelude is exactly same the way siru parvayale song frm bheema 1st interlude takes off....any idea?

rajasaranam
24th October 2007, 01:07 PM

unga comedy unarvukku oru alave illaya :D This sounds like IR has lifted from deva :wink: aanalum i Appreciate your courage to post such imaginative ideas :idea:

SoftSword
24th October 2007, 01:10 PM
RS...
we cant ignore his comments as such...

there could be chances that arrs preludes were leaked from his studios long before and that they have used it for Bheema...

but its nowhere near to ORIGINAL

cadburyboy
24th October 2007, 01:25 PM
if its same, its same...y mus the audio mus hv leaked earlier????tis is the comedy....if it has leaked earlier im sure every1 wud have got a chance 2 listen 2 it...i stil remember few seconds of arr's godfather song is same as deva's song...inspiration alwaiz happen no matter woes the music director...

SoftSword
24th October 2007, 02:19 PM
i just told it for fun like it must have leaked earlier...
that was supposed to be a counter comedy for your post...