PDA

View Full Version : || Azhagiya Tamizh Magan | Bharathan | Vijay ||

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Sanjeevi
24th October 2007, 02:59 PM
Songs are good to very good. I think they will rock.

But athukkaga, best for vijay so far, better than Sivaji ellam romba over :)

SoftSword
24th October 2007, 03:17 PM
Songs are good to very good. I think they will rock.

But athukkaga, best for vijay so far, better than Sivaji ellam romba over :)

well said sanjeevi...
ATM songs are very simple and appealing than Sivaji....

but Sivaji had more diff flavours than this...

ThalaNass
24th October 2007, 03:22 PM
Heard Rahman is not doing re-recording... its sabesh murali itseems.. :o

source from Junior Vikatan

rajasaranam
24th October 2007, 03:32 PM

Last week kumudam also carried a tit-bit where it mentioned that ATM team is upset because ARR is delaying the RR part and that they will not be able to release the movie for Deepavali. may be they opted for SM since they want the movie released for deepavali itself :?

A.ANAND
24th October 2007, 05:01 PM
Rahman rocks in ATM

Saraswathy Srinivas

WWW.REDIFF.COM REVIEW
October 23, 2007 16:25 IST

After the huge success of Sivaji, A R Rahman is back with another Tamil album, a rarity these days. Naturally much hope has been pinned on the music score for Azhagiya Tamizh Magan (ATM) starring Ilayathalapathy Vijay, who is described as the heir to the 'Super Star'. Interestingly, the heroine of this film is also Shriya, Rajni's heroine in Sivaji.

Bogged down by heavy financial setbacks, Malayalam film producer Sargachithra Appachan has turned to Tamil films for a lifeline. Azhagiya Tamizh Magan with Vijay as the hero marks his foray into Tamil filmdom.

The maverick composer himself has lent his voice to the opening number introducing the hero Ellapugazhum. The piece which is also the title track has lyrics by Valee who draws inspiration from Vijay's sobriquet Ilaya Dalapathy. The lyrics project not a larger than life of the protagonist but a logical and believable one. The smooth flow of Ballaielakka in Sivaji is missing here. The forceful chorus as a parallel track gives it added energy. Still instrumental pyrotechniques and Rahman's powerful and aggressive rendition changing the pitch and timbre make this a track suitable for the palate of today's youth and die-hard Vijay fans.

It is a pity that the gifted Rahman has also fallen into the remix trap. Ponmagal Vanthal is a remix of the popular song, Ponmagan Vanthan, written by Alangudi Somu and rendered by veteran singer T M Sounderarajan (from the film, Sorgam, a Sivaji Ganesan-starrer in 1970). Rendered by Benny Dayel and Ujjayinee, this track with modern sound designs like rap and English lyrics, is the only jarring note in this otherwise rocking number.

The following Nee Marilyn Monroe [Images] has all the potential to be a sure-shot chartbuster. Arranged in Western style the number begins and ends in a light-hearted manner with giggling and pleasing alapana by Ujjayinee. The fire in Ujjayinee's voice is perfect foil for Benny Dayel's nasal twang. Na Muthukumar's lyrics like one day mattum girl-friend aaga varaya? (Will you be my girlfriend for just one day?) project the ephemeral nature of modern day love.

Nee nadaswaram pola vandha (valayappatti) by Naresh Iyer, Ujjayinee and Madhumitha is fast paced yet melodious. The lenghthy swara spells give it a classical touch. Naresh Iyer's fast paced rendition in full steam is well complemented by the teasing and playful velvetty vocals of Ujjayinee and Madhumitha. Kudos to Na Muthukumar for his lyrics; simple and full of quaint imagery.

Kelamal kayyile by Sriram Parthasarathy and Sainthavi is another melodious number in the same genre as Nee nadaswaram pola vandha with a Hindusthani touch in certain places. The song has an old world charm. Thamarai's lyrics are as usual oozing with soft sentiments. But deployment of various instruments make the lyrics get drowned and lose clarity.

Rahman signs off with Madhuraikku pogathadee by Benny Dayel, Archith and Darshana, a song and dance scenario with the newlyweds being received into the family. It is a folk number with fast rhythm and splendid chains of nadaswaram sallies. Pa Vijay's lyrics are simple yet remarkable with many layers of meaning; the lass is warned against going to Madhurai because the jasmine flowers there will cast eyes on her! Is there a more subtle way to describe a girl's beauty?

Rahman rocks once again.

A.ANAND
24th October 2007, 05:02 PM
ATM confirmed for Diwali!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 23 October , 2007, 09:32

Now that the audio is released, Vijay's Azhagiya Tamil Magan will positively make it for Diwali. The producer 'Swargachitra' Appachan has preponed the release by a day from November 8 (Diwali Day) to November 7, stumping all the doubting people in the trade who were saying that the film will be postponed!
Appachan after consulting a leading Kerala astrologer has gone for November 7, a more auspicious day being Pradosham. ATM is likely to open worldwide with around 410 prints.

The re-recording of ATM is going on at A.R Rahman's Panchathan Record-Inn in Chennai, along with the composition of the stage adaptation of JRR Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" music. Rahman has promised to complete the entire re-recording and mixing by November 1, so that it can be censored by November 2 or 3.

Pyramid Saimira, the distributors of ATM is going to start a pre-release campaign, once the music of the film becomes more popular.

july
24th October 2007, 05:02 PM

Ahh..super bad news..
gonna missed lot of arr creativeness here. :(
No wonder producer confirmed ATM for Diwali.

A.ANAND
24th October 2007, 05:08 PM
[tscii:10ba79e950] Azhagiya Tamil Magan – Music Review

He had just delivered one of the biggest audio blockbusters of recent times in India, Sivaji. He is joining hands with Vijay again after the Udhaya fiasco. Never has he been tested more to cater to the Ilayathalapathy fans. And to make it even more interesting, he has a new director to work with. Will Allaha Rakha Rahman deliver?

Ella Pughazhum - A R Rahman, Lyrics: Vaali

Electrifying guitar, pumping percussions, inspiring lyrics and an overwhelming voice. What else can someone ask for, in an opening song?

Well, there are certain Rahman songs which leave you with a smile on your face, by the time it ends, with the adrenalin rush refusing to get out of you. This one is of that kind. Should we say anything more?

Vijay's fans are already celebrating, dancing in the aisles.

Take that, says the master.

Ponmagal Vandaal - Aslam, Ember Rap, Lyrics: Aalangudi Somu

A fascinating retune, interspersed with rap giving an interesting dimension to the already timeless classic. In fact, Ember Rap is the icing on the cake. Loops are familiar but the harmony is awesome. Don’t miss the sign off. Rahman seems to have taken a liking towards rap these days and is doing a fantastic job at it, hope purists aren’t complaining.

Caution, Maestro at work!

Nee Marilyn Monroe - Benny, Dayal, Ujjainee, Lyrics: Na. Muthukumar

Takes off right from where “Ponmagal Vandaal” left. An enchanting humming by Ujjainee sets the mood perfectly for a sizzling swinger. Rahman has experimented with techno sounds before, but the mixing this time is unique, mellowing it down a bit for the Indian taste. Na.Muthukumar has tried out some really naughty lines ala Vaali - very youthful lyrics. Benny’s voice definitely adds to it all.

Valayapatti – Naresh Iyer, Ujjayinee, Madhumita, Lyrics: Na. Muthukumar

A song in praise of the heroine’s beauty by the hero. A folk and qawwali fusion with foot tapping beats, in this yet another experimental number by Rahman, is all set to keep Vijay’s fans away from their seats. Might need couple of hearing for some, to fall in love with this one, but wait till it actually hits the silver screen, Vijay might very well have a ball. Na.Muthukumar shines, Naresh rules and the girls rock.

Kelamal Kayile – Sriram Parthasarthy, Saindhavi, Lyrics: Thamarai

The only melody in the album, lilting to say the least, though with a familiar rhythm pattern. Sriram and Saindhavi’s voice elevate the song to a different level altogether. This is one song that is sure to grow on the listeners. Thamarai’s lyrics do lend a different flavor. Something Vijay’s movies have not seen in a long time.

Madhuraikku Pogathadee – Benny, Dayal, Archith, Dharshana, Lyrics: Pa. Vijay

A typical folk number, reminds you of the Shahul Hameed-Rahman combo of the Kizhakku Cheemayile days. Benny is sure to go places with his voice. Pa. Vijay’s lyrics strike the right chord. A song that’ll cater to the B and C centers. Watch out for this, if choreographed efficiently, might well take off!!

Verdict:

Now coming back to the question with which we started off this review. Thrown few challenges, great men are always certain to give it their best shot. Rahman has just about managed to do that. Delving on different genres, he has served variety within the limited space available. “Madras Mozart”, is clearly in form.

On the flip side, typical of a Rahman album, there is couple of songs that might take some time to catch on, but nevertheless, one which every Rahman and Vijay fan will be happy possessing.

[/tscii:10ba79e950]

sanjeevk
24th October 2007, 05:21 PM
ive been listenin 2 ATM continuously n itz realli growin onto me...ARR rocks...Ellapugazhum is a definate stand out 4 me...while listening to Nee Marilyn Monroe, found the use of the female vocals is inspired from the english song Pictures (tonite only remix) by Sneaky Sound System... however its a realli great song and is really gets into you when listened a few times...cant wait for the movie, good expectations

sanjeevk
24th October 2007, 05:22 PM
ive been listenin 2 ATM continuously n itz realli growin onto me...ARR rocks...Ellapugazhum is a definate stand out 4 me...while listening to Nee Marilyn Monroe, found the use of the female vocals is inspired from the english song Pictures (tonite only remix) by Sneaky Sound System... however its a realli great song and is really gets into you when listened a few times...cant wait for the movie, good expectations

SoftSword
24th October 2007, 05:38 PM
thats really a bad news if rahman is not scoring bgm...
please dont tell me anyone...

rayan36
24th October 2007, 06:05 PM
and people, duncha guys think at some point, Benny sounds awfully like Tippu???

Yeah, in ponmagal vanthal, but his Marilyn Monroe sounded different. :wink: Benny sounded better than Tippu IMO

Sanjeevi
24th October 2007, 06:34 PM
my favourites are Valaiyapatti and Nee marlin manroe songs

http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/azhagiya-tamil-magan-music-review

ThalaNass
24th October 2007, 08:14 PM
oh i just love ponmagal remix.......... :D :D :D

arsaregama
24th October 2007, 09:51 PM
wht the hell we r not getting an appointment with rahman at am studios just becoz he is busy with atm rerecording... and ppl say he is not doing the rerecording....dont spread rumours....

prasana84
24th October 2007, 10:33 PM
Even the intro song is nice after some hearings kelamal is really nice valayapathi is my fav, marilyn, ponmagal rocks maduraiku variya song is ok 4 now guess it gets better after some hearings

Ramakrishna
24th October 2007, 11:00 PM
wht the hell we r not getting an appointment with rahman at am studios just becoz he is busy with atm rerecording... and ppl say he is not doing the rerecording....dont spread rumours....

r u sure dude?

prasana84
24th October 2007, 11:09 PM
wooooow wat a song ella pugalum a.r.rkey
rockin album :2thumbsup:

kamarajc
25th October 2007, 01:17 AM
i think the Ellapughalum song 1st interlude jus aft the prelude is exactly same the way siru parvayale song frm bheema 1st interlude takes off....any idea?

cadburyboy, I think you are not getting the message that TFMPage is only for ARR Fans. Had it been HJ who did 'Ella Pugazhum' song,
I am sure some archaelogists here would have found 'Ella Pugazhum' as a rehash of 'Oru mugamo' and 'Siru Paarvaiyale'...

TFMpage is not active these days.. that is a good news for Tamil Film Music.

A.ANAND
25th October 2007, 06:46 AM
i think the Ellapughalum song 1st interlude jus aft the prelude is exactly same the way siru parvayale song frm bheema 1st interlude takes off....any idea?

cadburyboy, I think you are not getting the message that TFMPage is only for ARR Fans. Had it been HJ who did 'Ella Pugazhum' song,
I am sure some archaelogists here would have found 'Ella Pugazhum' as a rehash of 'Oru mugamo' and 'Siru Paarvaiyale'...

TFMpage is not active these days.. that is a good news for Tamil Film Music.tho vanthutaru vaaya polanthukittu!!poda..poda ke**pu**

mahen01
25th October 2007, 07:22 AM
Ela pugalum and Marlyn manro are the pick of the album. Ella pukalum no doubt has arr stamp all over. But Marlyn manro I would say 50% ARR and 50% YSR style song. I am not saying ARR copied YSR or something... although that boom boom shaka in that song reminds me of YSR's recent Vital Sooriyanai thoduvom... I am not a Yuvan fan.. I am just saying it is yuvan style (50% or less) song.

prasana84
25th October 2007, 08:05 AM
Ela pugalum and Marlyn manro are the pick of the album. Ella pukalum no doubt has arr stamp all over. But Marlyn manro I would say 50% ARR and 50% YSR style song. I am not saying ARR copied YSR or something... although that boom boom shaka in that song reminds me of YSR's recent Vital Sooriyanai thoduvom... I am not a Yuvan fan.. I am just saying it is yuvan style (50% or less) song.
Muthala yuvan harrisku thaniya style irukka as a.r.r, ir created? :shock:
Ethu typical arr song

mahen01
25th October 2007, 08:18 AM
Well by just listening to a song if u could guess who the md is.. then he has his own Style. I think we can easily identify ARR, Harris, VS (sometimes hard), IR songs by just listening. No need to look at the cover of the cd for the md. So Yes.. Yuvan and Harris has their own style.

mahen01
25th October 2007, 08:20 AM
Prassna I think u meant Trend. Style and Trend are both different.

prasana84
25th October 2007, 08:27 AM
Well by just listening to a song if u could guess who the md is.. then he has his own Style. I think we can easily identify ARR, Harris, VS (sometimes hard), IR songs by just listening. No need to look at the cover of the cd for the md. So Yes.. Yuvan and Harris has their own style.
music dir started to follow ir style in 80's so this is also tough. harris yuvan dont have a style jus copyin arr style and western ethu rendu mixthan avanga style. eg listen to rangu rangama reminds veerapandiya frm thiruda thiruda yuvan totally english but ir arr music ulagathula yentha mulailayum ketturuka mudiyathu avangathan real music dirs. :D but for me a.r.r style of music is the best

k_vanan
25th October 2007, 09:41 AM
Sabesh-Murali score BGM ? ridiculous

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/oct/241007a.asp

arsaregama
25th October 2007, 10:08 AM
i am very sure abt it ramakrishna... rahman is doing the atm bgm.. and its done with atmost care....these websites are good at spreading rumours

kamarajc
25th October 2007, 10:18 AM

TFMpage is not active these days.. that is a good news for Tamil Film Music.tho vanthutaru vaaya polanthukittu!!poda..poda ke**pu**

Thanks Anand. I didnt expect anything better from you. You only help me prove my point.

mahen01
25th October 2007, 10:31 AM
Elapugalum sounds like ARR's Ararai kodi.. but def better than than. I only heared Rangu rangama few times so I cant give comment about similarities with that song.

Prassanna whether harris copy arr or not.. thats a different point. But U can identify that it is Harries song even on those songs ur claiming copied from ARR. I dont think YSR follows ARR Style. You cant just say whoever uses western music and modern equipments follows ARR Style. YSR have his own style. And marlyn manro does sounds 50% YSR style. (I am not saying copy)

SoftSword
25th October 2007, 10:42 AM
ARR's many new songs use to have similarities with his older songs...
and in the points you guys mentioned, that is the case...

as HJ is also following the same style of music and sometimes gets inspired from arr's numbers, it is no wonder that for some guys, they find similarities in arrs number and hj's...

your claim sounds something like this...

the Indians have started giving western style of music...
and when in a new western album if they have their own style of western music, then we Indians try to claim that they have copied our music...

its too childish boss...
so guys... before claiming that someone has taken your thing, ask yourself once that where you have taken it from...

A.ANAND
25th October 2007, 12:23 PM
ysr kuda kumudam interview-la sila varusathukku munnala avare,than vayala ottukittaru'ennanoda music-la rahman style irukku innu'apparam enna?

A.ANAND
25th October 2007, 01:27 PM
Muthala yuvan harrisku thaniya style irukka as a.r.r, ir created? :shock:
Ethu typical arr song :lol: :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
25th October 2007, 01:29 PM
[tscii:2e1630b3a4]ATM in trouble again?

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 25 October , 2007, 09:38

Will Vijay’s Azhagiya Tamil Magan release for Diwali 2007? Uncertainty looms large, as rumour mill has it that Pyramid Saimira, the distributors of the film has pulled out of it, creating shockwaves in the industry.
The grapevine has it that Pyramid Saimira has written a letter to Tamil Film Producers council that they do not want to be associated with ATM, as the producer is unlikely to solve his financial problems before Diwali.

Added to that producer ‘Swargachitra?Appachan is running from pillar to post as by the time the film was complete, he has run into a deficit! Vijay’s father S.A Chandrasekhar has also told him that he has to clear the star’s salary balance at the time of release.

Meanwhile no theatre booking for ATM is happening, and most of the theatres are now switching over to other films. At the same time the post-production work of the film, re-recording and mixing is going on in full swing at A.R Rahman’s studio.

[/tscii:2e1630b3a4]

rsubras
25th October 2007, 01:45 PM
Looks like A.R.Rahman has indeed done that re-mix of ponmagal vanthaal.....

Bharathan, the director has confirmed this in Kumudham..What he said was something like this

"We thought of a song which had a situation similar to the ponmagal vanthaal situation.... I thought, why not have the same song remixed for this...A.R.Rahman was so nice, that he didnt think, "ennada ivan remix panna solraane", and came up with a great remix"

sureshmehcnit
25th October 2007, 01:54 PM
Some more thoughts based on ATM music

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2007/10/azhaghiya-tamizh-magan-some-more.html

A.ANAND
25th October 2007, 04:10 PM
mmmmm..!!!rahman ethu senjalum kora innum iruthukittithan irukku :rotfl: ippadi panna thappu,appadi pannathappu :banghead: ulagathila thiruppti padatha alunnga innu sonna athu rahman fans than!

lancelot
25th October 2007, 08:11 PM
the remix song kicks ass.. i dont know much about the original... but this song is freaking awesome...
well done ARR... superb album

hehe
:D

anoops
25th October 2007, 08:22 PM
@anand - thalaivar mass films music pottu hit panna fans of opp hero's dont like the songs and downride it or arr purists complain of no scope for experimentation etc
he gives a hit with a completely different trend of music ala Boys - ppl complaint abt nativity feel missing etc etc :P :P :P dont think he needs to prove anyone else again!! whatever he does ppl wud keep complaining anyways :D

prasana84
25th October 2007, 08:24 PM
mmmmm..!!!rahman ethu senjalum kora innum iruthukittithan irukku :rotfl: ippadi panna thappu,appadi pannathappu :banghead: ulagathila thiruppti padatha alunnga innu sonna athu rahman fans than!]
Enakum puriyala oru vella evanga sok mathiri album than yethir pakkarangal pola. shivaji audio release ana pothu etha vida kevalama pesunanga but what happened? ATM ma porutha varaikum songslam superb many like thats enough valapathi, marilyn, kelamal, ponmagal(remx), ellapogalum watelse we can expect 4 more as a a.r.r fan im totally satisfied and happy with the output of atm.

prasana84
25th October 2007, 10:44 PM

Thanks Anand. I didnt expect anything better from you. You only help me prove my point.
unga comedyku oru aalavae ilama pochu. sachin dhoni pathu batting kathukurarunu solra mathiri irukku comedy panunga anaa oru alava irukku :lol:

prasana84
25th October 2007, 10:51 PM
Elapugalum sounds like ARR's Ararai kodi.. but def better than than. I only heared Rangu rangama few times so I cant give comment about similarities with that song.

Prassanna whether harris copy arr or not.. thats a different point. But U can identify that it is Harries song even on those songs ur claiming copied from ARR. I dont think YSR follows ARR Style. You cant just say whoever uses western music and modern equipments follows ARR Style. YSR have his own style. And marlyn manro does sounds 50% YSR style. (I am not saying copy)
Harris rahman pathu copy adikuraru ethu orukey therinja visiyam if u dont belive go and watch kadhal desam antha golf groungla spb tabu pesum pothu patha mudhal naal pattu re recordingga varum. appadiyae copy adichutaru copy(rahman) jeyaraj. ethu verum oru sample. summa pesanumnu pesa kudathu. harris has a.r.r style in his music even ysr has with a mix of western. Rahman made the path(roja) they r following
ethula marlyn song 50% yrs comedy of 2007 anna ethu a.r.r style na atha pathuthan ysr potturuparu. ethu pattu ysr stylena appa ethu anna rahman style
ok cumin back 2 atm songs r getting sweeter day by day. :D :lol:

Ramakrishna
25th October 2007, 10:57 PM
pothum niruthungappaa unga HJ-ARR sandai... Enna Karumam saar ithu :banghead:

prasana84
25th October 2007, 11:00 PM
pothum niruthungappaa unga HJ-ARR sandai... Enna Karumam saar ithu :banghead:
yoov po yaa enga alukku alu rahman ysr, harris pathu copy adicharunu comedy pannunvangal atha pathu summa irukka solriya poi sollalam anaa poruntha sollanum

sloshed
25th October 2007, 11:45 PM
"Best album of 2000's"
"Best ever Vijay album"
"Mass and Class at synergy"
"Oh my god.. I cant sleep"
"Rocking get a new meaning"
"Mozart in fine form"

Comments which would wake up any man/woman from sleep and ponder the worldwide web to get hold of the songs and grace through them. Not only comments from TFM, but also from people who are "supposedly" music critics with their own blogs, searched words for adoration. Hmmm then.. ARR must be back to his best ....

Keep listening one song after another .... makes you doubt if I had a different version of ATM than you guyz are listening to?... So I search again.. No there is no other version.. its the one and only one.... Pinch myself..is this it? Am i growing too old to comprehend even super hit music...So I become claustrophobic... waiting for some redemption... ah then they start to come....

" ARR has delivered what required of the movie"
"Vijay cant expect anything better"
"Keep listening more and more... you might be hooked...2 hooked so far"

That was normal..Someone suddenly compared IR and ARR... IR fans refuse to let go of the past.. past is eutopia...ARR fans just keep lowering expectation everytime... then came the mother of all comments

"We expected a disaster, but we were delivered a good album"

Yipeee.. Nuthing is wrong with me... !!! If we were all expecting a disaster, then this is certainly way above a disaster..!!! With my peanut music sense let me atleast cast a review...

"Ella pugalum"
For a moment I will ingore the comment someone made this being one of the best opening numbers ever... As I understand movie making is a team effort. Directors and MD give and take ideas. For a vijay movie, knowing his strengths and weakness...and his penchant for dance.. saying this song is a letdown is a huge understatement. Is he going to dance while preaching?. we'll see....
goign to be the weakest vijay opening number...

Songwise ..nuthing new... been there done that !! I will take anythign with ARR's voice.

Kelamal..

Again not playing to Vijay's strength...the song starts of with a beautiful tune...wait and thats about it... what follows is mere torture...I have to pat the guy who commented "it looks like some sound engineer with ARR mask ... did the song" ... no interludes.. not even new beats...who cares.... take a loop and spin it around... excuse of a song...

Maryln Monroe....

Finnaly we see some form ... defintely hit material with Namitha's oomph factor n Vijay going shirtless....typical 90's Rehman...the one we are used to...

Maduraiku...Valaypatti....
Decibels just increase.. go down .. increase.... ears get punished..."savadi" beats go up ... increase.. and yes ears get punished again.... if this is rehman's version of vijay's dance numbers .. Rehman needs a reminder

Ponmagal...
whoever did it..owes a treat from me... great satisfaction was derived...oh wait.. only after I hit the stop button... I felt like a lamb taken to the butcher...

The previous combination though not great had one melody which would rank in the list of all time melodies "Udaya Udaya"...it also had some decent (Now they sound good compared to this) numbers in "Pookum" , "Enna Enna" and "ThiruvelliKenni Rani". This one is an utter let down...

In the concluding part of the Oh La La La... Rehman was his usual unassuming self..impressing me with " To all the participants.. Maybe I forgot to tell you this, whenever you compose, just dont lose one thing ...Jeevan (soul) ".... Precisely... though people think Rehman westernized the tamil audio.. almost all his songs had one thing ...jeevan.. people could relate... Forget its a Vijay movie....Where's the jeevan rehman?????? Even a song like "Soniya Soniya" from Ratchagan .. had soul in it... sadly .. I am confounded by this album....

I wouldnt buy the arguement Vijay movie only deserves this.. you dont have to loook way beyond for best album for a commercial vijay starrer...."Thirumalai" should fit the bill... With the ongoing fights on RR..and the relaease of the movie by diwali..Almost everything points that this will be your last association with a vijay movie.. Not that Vijay deserves anything better, its just that we deserve better stuff from you .....

First Vel and now ATM... looks like TFM is in a period of mourning...!!

kamarajc
26th October 2007, 12:02 AM

unga comedyku oru aalavae ilama pochu. sachin dhoni pathu batting kathukurarunu solra mathiri irukku comedy panunga anaa oru alava irukku :lol:

why talk about style and all that. We are not talking about the talent of ARR and HJ. Though I dont have the slightest eligibility to judge their potential, ARR is a genius by any standards. But, he needs no praise at the cost of a dig at HJ. Every other track of HJ is ridiculed. I simply used the same yardstick that all these so-called-ARR-fans (My god, who else do we you think we guys are!!) are using to measure others, especially, ESPECIALLY, HJ. I just want to be here and say that the guy you ridicule the most is not helpless.

Lets come to the point straight, close your eyes and just think that HJ has composed 'Ella pugazhum' (Though the super-judgemental-capability of some may not permit to do so) and then listen to the song with your Evaluator hat on. then, its your say! You guys are exposed with your standards and yards, atleast grow up with some better levels of language. There still are some people who are sheerly interested in music and wandering in this website.

MusicIsLife
26th October 2007, 12:11 AM
[quote][tscii:7c53ee38c8]3 . Have you heard the songs of ‘Azhagiya Thamizh Magan’?
--- Neetu, Washington

Thenali: With the re-mix of "ponmagal vandhaall...," Rehman has proved that he is the king of re-mixes. Other than that, Mani Sarma and Vidyasagar are apt composers for Vijay films.
[/tscii:7c53ee38c8][quote]

I did not comment on ATM since it did not appeal to me as shivaji did, probably i will have to hear a few times (without knowing it is ATM).

but this is an insult absolutely inexcusable, can somebody bring sense into "Thenali" of Cinesouth.com, I guess this person does not have any musical sense.

I hate it, it irritates me and frustrates me

kamarajc
26th October 2007, 12:22 AM
[quote][tscii:a0a98e8124]3 . Have you heard the songs of ‘Azhagiya Thamizh Magan’?
--- Neetu, Washington

Thenali: With the re-mix of "ponmagal vandhaall...," Rehman has proved that he is the king of re-mixes. Other than that, Mani Sarma and Vidyasagar are apt composers for Vijay films.
[/tscii:a0a98e8124][quote]

I did not comment on ATM since it did not appeal to me as shivaji did, probably i will have to hear a few times (without knowing it is ATM).

but this is an insult absolutely inexcusable, can somebody bring sense into "Thenali" of Cinesouth.com, I guess this person does not have any musical sense.

I hate it, it irritates me and frustrates me

Actually, I would take Thenali's word in a different way. Vijay's movies are mostly masala stuff.. it just needs some music fillers here and there for the vijay and his heroine to shake up themselves and keep pushing the movie. They have hardly demanded any fine musical appeal. Even yuvan has not worked with Vijay for more than one movie (Pudhiya Geethai). And, HJ with Vijay only on Coke ad (If you would count it :) ). Devisriprasad, Dheena, Srikanth Deva, MAnisharma and Vidyasagar are best for Vijay movies. Forget ARR, even GVP is too much for Vijay movies. And, if you want it to be classy, Vidyasagar is the right choice.

prasana84
26th October 2007, 12:30 AM

why talk about style and all that. We are not talking about the talent of ARR and HJ. Though I dont have the slightest eligibility to judge their potential, ARR is a genius by any standards. But, he needs no praise at the cost of a dig at HJ. Every other track of HJ is ridiculed. I simply used the same yardstick that all these so-called-ARR-fans (My god, who else do we you think we guys are!!) are using to measure others, especially, ESPECIALLY, HJ. I just want to be here and say that the guy you ridicule the most is not helpless.

Lets come to the point straight, close your eyes and just think that HJ has composed 'Ella pugazhum' (Though the super-judgemental-capability of some may not permit to do so) and then listen to the song with your Evaluator hat on. then, its your say! You guys are exposed with your standards and yards, atleast grow up with some better levels of language. There still are some people who are sheerly interested in music and wandering in this website.
Hey just wait tell wat makes u 2 think like ella pogalum has some resemblance with sila parvaiyalae and oru mugamoo dont give such a stupid statement this itself shows your musical sense. we considered rahman is the king of indian music. His style is followed with some new sounds. we know our standards our master is composing for hollywood, bollywood and kollywood. Your stupid comment will never work get lost :hammer:

littlemaster1982
26th October 2007, 12:36 AM
Sloshed,

If you don't like the album, thats fine. But the way you have reviewed it, shows your hatred towards ARR.

kamarajc
26th October 2007, 12:41 AM

Hey just wait tell wat makes u 2 think like ella pogalum has some resemblance with sila parvaiyalae and oru mugamoo dont give such a stupid statement this itself shows your musical sense. we considered rahman is the king of indian music. His style is followed with some new sounds. we know our standards our master is composing for hollywood, bollywood and kollywood. Your stupid comment will never work get lost :hammer:

Hey just wait tell wat makes u 2 think like ella pogalum has some resemblance with sila parvaiyalae and oru mugamoo dont give such a stupid statement this itself shows your musical sense.

- Thanks

we considered rahman is the king of indian music.

- Well, thats a fact. You have nothing to brag about it.

His style is followed with some new sounds.

- Very true. Thats why we call him a king (With due respect to emperor IR)

we know our standards our master is composing for hollywood, bollywood and kollywood.

- Well, I am interested to know what you know or not. Atleast, it doesnt suit the topic.

Your stupid comment will never work get lost

- Why should I get lost sir?

I was talking about the yardstick that most people (ARR fanatics in TFMPage) use here. I simply asked them to use the same yardstick to measure ARR's music itself. Why cry about it? If you dont see any resemblance, thats fine.. lets leave it to the judgement of common people.

MADDY
26th October 2007, 12:43 AM
guys, this is nothing but the consequence of us going to HJ threads........idhellam thevaya namakku???

sloshed - if u dont have anything worthwhile to say then SHUT UP.....

prasana84
26th October 2007, 12:47 AM

Hey just wait tell wat makes u 2 think like ella pogalum has some resemblance with sila parvaiyalae and oru mugamoo dont give such a stupid statement this itself shows your musical sense.

- Thanks

we considered rahman is the king of indian music.

- Well, thats a fact. You have nothing to brag about it.

we know our standards our master is composing for hollywood, bollywood and kollywood.

- Well, I am interested to know what you know or not. Atleast, it doesnt suit the topic.

Your stupid comment will never work get lost

- Why should I get lost sir?

I was talking about the yardstick that most people (ARR fanatics in TFMPage) use here. I simply asked them to use the same yardstick to measure ARR's music itself. Why cry about it? If you dont see any resemblance, thats fine.. lets leave it to the judgement of common people.
Very true. Thats why we call him a king (With due respect to emperor IR)
Now i can understand whats the resemblance you were referring to.
Dude i dont want to make a war but your statement was so dumm.
And emperor a.r.r will never disappoint us baaaiiiii
Enjoying to atm songs valayapathi, marinly, ponmagal,kelamal woooow rocking album

thilak4life
26th October 2007, 01:12 AM

While I appreciate your respect for IR, what is the need to provoke few diehard ARR fans here? It wouldn't serve the purpose, but would only lead to kindergarten fights, don't you think?

Let's just talk about "ATM", I like the fact that you are playing the devil's advocate (especially about the double 'standards'), and I hope the fans realize this before labeling and abusing you, for them - Guys he isn't dissing ARR, but just harping on the lack of conviction when it comes to different MDs.

So Carry on, but without 'provoking' statements please, as it wouldn't help..

All said, 'Ella pugazhum' is not within HJ's style in my reading. Biggest Reason - It has ARR's unique and diligent voice and diction (one of the respected music reviewers, blogger suresh has some problems with that too I believe) But I haven't listened to it as many times, I will be listening to it a lot more in the coming days.

On whether it has semblance to an IR number or not - that wouldn't mean it's bad, would it?

sloshed
26th October 2007, 02:20 AM
Littlemaster82....

I did not like the album ..and thats why I commented on it... Now tell me where in my review I have shown hatred for ARR??
I simply implied that ARR could do much better than this..and if you are happy with this .. then probably this is what we will get in the future..

As far as I can think the only folks in the industry who are happy with this album is the makers of "Parasuram"..their album is not the last in the list anymore.....They have winner here for that spot..

Maddy oh Maddy .... I know you simply cant handle me...
I dont know what your definition of worthwhile is!! .. if worthwhile means nuthing to say ... probably I can think of one person who should shut up.. (hint: refer your post!!)

And kids.. please come out of this fight club... it isnt "worthwhile" fighting for this song atleast....

kamarajc
26th October 2007, 02:25 AM
Hi Thilak, thanks for understanding that and thats all I need. Sincerely admire the way you havent intended any pun in your posting. I dont intend to cry foul in a work done by one of the most celebrated musician (very well deservedly though) of our time. If I borrow the colored magnifying lens (YES, COLORED LENS - IT DOESNT SHOW THE REAL PICTURE) that most ARR fans bring into HJ's thread and I examine ARR's album with that same colored lens, this is what happens. If you guys can give so much, why not take a little bit of it. I somehow feel that ARR die-hard fans would now understand that music can be composed by some small guys too. And those small guys have fans with sensitivities too. I am one of them.

kamarajc
26th October 2007, 02:30 AM
Prasanna84, so far I only thought that your Icon is a cartoon. Not only your icon is cartoon anymore.

Grow up pal, spot some nice school in your vicinity, If you are really in Chennai, it has got many.

Dont worry, I wont pay your dumm (which planet you guys come from?) with a bum. Let me know once you are grown up, I will reply you.

Yathu
26th October 2007, 02:45 AM
Littlemaster82....

I did not like the album ..and thats why I commented on it... Now tell me where in my review I have shown hatred for ARR??
I simply implied that ARR could do much better than this..and if you are happy with this .. then probably this is what we will get in the future..

As far as I can think the only folks in the industry who are happy with this album is the makers of "Parasuram"..their album is not the last in the list anymore.....They have winner here for that spot..

I dont know what your definition of worthwhile is!! .. if worthwhile means nuthing to say ... probably I can think of one person who should shut up.. (hint: refer your post!!)

And kids.. please come out of this fight club... it isnt "worthwhile" fighting for this song atleast....

:|

Mr. Sloshed, I have decided to give you a new name, a 3 syllable ancient Chinese name (to honour your greatness):

Silly Wun

sloshed
26th October 2007, 02:48 AM
Yathu,

I wont go to an extent of giving you names..but do u want to say something ? er..I mean about the album

kamarajc
26th October 2007, 02:51 AM
Some people must have REALLY big heart to donate their own titles to others.

Yathu
26th October 2007, 02:52 AM
No no, i've said all i wanted to say about the album earlier in this thread. Thanks for the offer though sloshed, you're a real pal.

(Although, I may comment further on the songs once i've had a few more listens.)

littlemaster1982
26th October 2007, 02:58 AM
Sloshed,

If this is the way you imply something is bad, then no more argument with you. Carry on mate :wave:

sloshed
26th October 2007, 03:03 AM
Finally somebody accepts I am a real Pal..

Paricularly I am comforting when you expect this much ..

"I'm 100% sure the songs of ATM will be a SUPER DOOPER TROOPER (i cant think of anymore rhyming words) HIT!!! "

and ended up with this....

being a real pal .. let me help you with 2 more rhyming words...in case you need to comment in the future...

BLOOPER , POOPER...

Jus kidding.. Let me just stick to the topic.. no more digressions!!!!

sloshed
26th October 2007, 03:11 AM
Littlemaster,

Maybe its just my way of writing... I have no problems with anyone... My comment is just for the fact that this album is a let down musically... I wont go on harping about it... I dont do several posts for an album .. if somebody is willing to discuss music I am all game for it.. I was only pointing that while this album is not massy enough...it is no where near ARR's class either....
To sum it up as a mixture of class and mass is only licking our wounds...

Yathu
26th October 2007, 03:14 AM
:lol: ok that really did make me laugh...i'll give you that!

Wow, you really do wanna stir up some arguments on here don't you?! You may make what you believe to be valid comments on the album, but it's just the manner/ tone in which you put your points across!

Ok anyway...enoguh digressions...gudnite :wave:

littlemaster1982
26th October 2007, 03:18 AM
Littlemaster,

Maybe its just my way of writing...

Thats a nice excuse. Saying this is a substandard work by ARR is one thing. But when you term a song like Kelaamal as torture, it clearly shows ur prejudice.

Whatever, it is you and your opinion. Let it be as it is. Have fun :D

sloshed
26th October 2007, 03:33 AM
Dont mistake me... Kelaamal has the most beautiful tune in the entire album , sadly its restricted to just just the opening lines... after that ,the synth and the rythm just didnt suit the song...and it went downhill from there... Thats why it looked like the work of some random sound engineer, picking up loops and compiling the song....

See we agree to disagree....thats fine and healthy .... and everything is OK...

you guyz have fun as well.. and gudnite to some of you....

P.S: Meaning to ask you this.. while some mentioned "Madhuriku pogathdi" reminding of Raja Kaiya Vacha.... I am strongly inlcined that the tune reminds some "Pallikoodam Pogamale" from Prashanth's debut movie.. does anyone feel the same way?

MADDY
26th October 2007, 03:42 AM
sloshed, i never knew u need to be handled......hehehe...i can crush/throw all HJ albums to harshest of reviews and ur personal opinions as well....i can be doubly irritating/sarcastic as u....but its not my job.......if u can stop being sarcastic abt my comments , then it wud be great.....

A.Anand, Dinesh, others who tresspass into HJ threads - just see wats happening......i dunno y u guys want to talk abt HJ at all when ARR gives us a album every 6 months.....sick and tired of all unnecessary posts in ARR threads whenever there is a new album.......

nickraman
26th October 2007, 05:15 AM
Actually, I would take Thenali's word in a different way. Vijay's movies are mostly masala stuff.. it just needs some music fillers here and there for the vijay and his heroine to shake up themselves and keep pushing the movie. They have hardly demanded any fine musical appeal. Even yuvan has not worked with Vijay for more than one movie (Pudhiya Geethai). And, HJ with Vijay only on Coke ad (If you would count it :) ). Devisriprasad, Dheena, Srikanth Deva, MAnisharma and Vidyasagar are best for Vijay movies. Forget ARR, even GVP is too much for Vijay movies. And, if you want it to be classy, Vidyasagar is the right choice.

Spoken like a true human.

Vijay's movies don't offer entertainment anymore. Just poor telugu imports. Why he might even watching Mahesh Babu's athidhi right now and asking daddy chandrasekhar to buy the remake rights.

MusicIsLife
26th October 2007, 06:28 AM
while some mentioned "Madhuriku pogathdi" reminding of Raja Kaiya Vacha.... I am strongly inlcined that the tune reminds some "Pallikoodam Pogamale"

Sloshed,
I felt like it was more towards "Pattanamthan pogalamadi" but that is my feeling.

thineshan54321
26th October 2007, 06:58 AM

Ya I definitely agree. If the song sounds like ARR's 90s song but it is in a new movie, then i can say for sure its HJ. otherwise if its english song with tamil lyrics thats another possibility.

Music4Ever
26th October 2007, 07:06 AM
Listen to the song Nee kEttal naan maatEn endra solvEn Kanna in the movie Ilamai Oonjalaadugirathu. MD is IR.

It goes like

Naan saththiyam kaakum uththami aakum
sonnadhai kEkkum paththini aakum haiyaaaa

Compare that with

Kangal rendum kalyani un sirippo sindhu bhairavi
Nee paarkum podhu bhagashri nee konjum podhu neelambari...

and

Nee kai kaal molacha mathalama

etc etc etc.

Unmistakeable resemblance.

Did you know that Aararai kodi pErgaLil oruvan is inspired from MSV-TKR evergreen Engirundhalum vaazha from the movie Nenjil oar Aalayam?

Modern day MDs depend on yester-year hits for basic tunes and then embellish them with the bells and whistles. And to think that the past masters never charged in crores for their original numbers. Makes you go hmmmm.

Still, this kind of lifts are at least difficult to catch in many cases. The cake is HJ lifting "onnam thiruppadi saraNam ponnayappa saami ponnayappa, saamiyE saraNam saraNam ponnaiyappa" in Ragasiya kanavugal song. Shows how cavalier the present day MDs are.

prasana84
26th October 2007, 07:39 AM
Littlemaster82....

You will eat up your words once the movie is released b'coz the songs are so nice and i still wonder why you are comparing such a beautiful album with parasuram. yeluthi vanchikongal the songs are going 2 rock.

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 07:45 AM
Ada vittu thallunggappa!!atm songs ellam hit agiyachu innum enna venum :D most 95%vijay and arr fans-songs pudichirukku,athu pothum.mattapadi intha 'thukkada payalga' :lol: irukkanugale avanngala vittithalunga!

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 07:47 AM
'makkalal athigam nesipavanthan,makkalal athigam vimarsikkappadukiran'-vairamuthu

SoftSword
26th October 2007, 07:48 AM
to the hj fans.
shall i humbly ask if you guys came here to teach some arr fans the pain when they come to hj threads... if thats the case, "i dono what to say..."

and to a few others, who are in the mask of arr fans, and pulling him down... just thinking that they have the licence to bash anyone...
"I admire the diplomacy you people employ"

comparisions with parasuram...
i pity you guys...

ATM is a diff album from arr..
whenever he gives something diff, there were controversies...
and again in this case...

endhalavu edhirppu varudho, andha alavu hit'nu arttham...

have fun guys...

prasana84
26th October 2007, 07:51 AM
Listen to the song Nee kEttal naan maatEn endra solvEn Kanna in the movie Ilamai Oonjalaadugirathu. MD is IR.

It goes like

Naan saththiyam kaakum uththami aakum
sonnadhai kEkkum paththini aakum haiyaaaa

Compare that with

Kangal rendum kalyani un sirippo sindhu bhairavi
Nee paarkum podhu bhagashri nee konjum podhu neelambari...

and

Nee kai kaal molacha mathalama

etc etc etc.

Unmistakeable resemblance.

Did you know that Aararai kodi pErgaLil oruvan is inspired from MSV-TKR evergreen Engirundhalum vaazha from the movie Nenjil oar Aalayam?

Modern day MDs depend on yester-year hits for basic tunes and then embellish them with the bells and whistles. And to think that the past masters never charged in crores for their original numbers. Makes you go hmmmm.

Still, this kind of lifts are at least difficult to catch in many cases. The cake is HJ lifting "onnam thiruppadi saraNam ponnayappa saami ponnayappa, saamiyE saraNam saraNam ponnaiyappa" in Ragasiya kanavugal song. Shows how cavalier the present day MDs are.
This kinds of things started after ir came. Antionio margance, black sabbath, mozart are ir fav and i hav seen many resemblance in ir music rahman also do the same but nenga solra entha resemblance yenala yethukka mudila. Msv was the only music dir who never do such things.

prasana84
26th October 2007, 07:55 AM

While I appreciate your respect for IR, what is the need to provoke few diehard ARR fans here? It wouldn't serve the purpose, but would only lead to kindergarten fights, don't you think?

Let's just talk about "ATM", I like the fact that you are playing the devil's advocate (especially about the double 'standards'), and I hope the fans realize this before labeling and abusing you, for them - Guys he isn't dissing ARR, but just harping on the lack of conviction when it comes to different MDs.

So Carry on, but without 'provoking' statements please, as it wouldn't help..

All said, 'Ella pugazhum' is not within HJ's style in my reading. Biggest Reason - It has ARR's unique and diligent voice and diction (one of the respected music reviewers, blogger suresh has some problems with that too I believe) But I haven't listened to it as many times, I will be listening to it a lot more in the coming days.

On whether it has semblance to an IR number or not - that wouldn't mean it's bad, would it?
Thilak anna thanks for your neutral comment.

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 07:56 AM
everytime of a new ar rahman release i will come to the most hated moment in my life.
its about some people or maybe i should say fans..

before any ar rahman's film release there will be some fans telling 'i cant wait for the song'...please release it fast......'when is the release'.... .

but after the release..... ....all the words that i can see :...dissappointing' .....copied. ......inspired. ....'ar rahman not at his best....arr should have done better...... this songs reminds me of old IR song....that song sounds like that....'

what is the problem with this group?all of u are demanding something from one person called ar rahman....all of u are expecting something individually from one person called ar rahman again....and sadly all of ur expectations are different al together:

some will expect song like roja
some will expect RDB kind
some will expect sivaji and some will expect uyire.....now which one would arr do

none of u here are a director of the movie
none of u here are the producers
none of u here rajini,amir khan or vijay
none of u have given ar rahman the money to compose songs but

u all are demanding,expecting ,advising and giving instructions to ar rahman on how should he compose....how would i understand this..

is ar rahman a machine,keyboard or drums for u to expect many things from him...he is just a humble person playing keyboard,giving notes and trying very hard to satisfy his fans after AFTER going through all the demands of the producer,director and actors....with sleeples nights,tension, stress and all other things....and guess what are the responses and feedbacks that he will get by reading all those mails in this group?

the funny thing happening in this group only this group is;

ar rahman fans are the one will :praise him
:say they are dissappointed with his music
:say he copied and he inspired from other md
:expect tooo much and later dissappointed by that
: critic him

all of this done by ar rahman fans AND NOT OTHER MUSIC DIRECTOR FANS...

when one from this group tell that ar rahman copied or inspiredthey must know that they are the one who give information( rumours) about arr copied to other music director fans...and the other md fans will be happy to know that and will start bashing arrahman...and there will be HJ better than rahman,yuvan better than rahman and all those thing happened bcoz of? again ar rahman fans themselves.. ..why guys why...

we are the one should defend arr ,praise him...encourage him,give 10000% support...its ok if u dont do this but please dont do the other way around

the difference between me and SOME other arr fans is::i sometimes will cry listening to ar rahman's music and thinking about him BUT some of u guys could make ar rahman cry ?reading ur mails

shai,

not to all the fans BUT some?!

NETTI ADI

:2thumbsup:

thineshan54321
26th October 2007, 07:58 AM
Some people must have REALLY big heart to donate their own titles to others.

nice comeback, now go back to ur fanbase and praise the work of ARR from a diff MD.

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 08:10 AM
to the hj fans.
shall i humbly ask if you guys came here to teach some arr fans the pain when they come to hj threads... if thats the case, "i dono what to say..."

and to a few others, who are in the mask of arr fans, and pulling him down... just thinking that they have the licence to bash anyone...
"I admire the diplomacy you people employ"

comparisions with parasuram...
i pity you guys...

ATM is a diff album from arr..
whenever he gives something diff, there were controversies...
and again in this case...

endhalavu edhirppu varudho, andha alavu hit'nu arttham...

have fun guys...ATHU!! :cool2:

njv
26th October 2007, 08:16 AM
Listened to the album

Is it the best album of ARR - no.
Can ARR do better - Yes
Should ARR do better for this kinda crap movie/actor - no
Will mass like this - yes

Net net, its a typical vijay songs with some nice arr touch and thats what people expected. ARR has done the justice. Boys is a great album, but not for Vijay starrer. ATM is a mass masala movie and the music goes with that.

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 09:06 AM
mass masala movie-ikku mass masala music than kodukka mudiyum!pinna roja mathiriya music panna mudiyum.

kb
26th October 2007, 09:10 AM

aama srikanth soniya agarwal padathukku music podungo

prasana84
26th October 2007, 09:15 AM

:lol: even i wonder why this ppl r so worried a.r.r vijay movies compose panna ena. they alwats want a sok. but the audio has cum so well :D

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 09:17 AM

:lol: even i wonder why this ppl r so worried a.r.r vijay movies compose panna ena. they alwats want a sok. but the audio has cum so well :D
ellam vaithrichal than! :lol:

thineshan54321
26th October 2007, 09:29 AM

ellam vaithrichal than! :lol:

anand sir, ivanga epadi uyiroda irukuraanga? everytime an album from ARR releases these guys' stomach burns. ipa vayir irukumo endu santhakama iruku. :lol: or maybe they swallow icecubes to put out the fire and cool stuff a bit. but thats still painful. :oops: while we r here enjoying a rocker of an ablum, these suckers r swallowing ice cubes.. :lol: :lol: :lol: One thing is clear, everyone (ARR, vijay, neutral) seems to like the music of ATM except for the vaitherichal group. so a fantastic sign indeed.

thilak4life
26th October 2007, 10:26 AM
Why do you guys make me a neutral? :twisted: I'm a fan of this genius too. :yes:

thilak4life
26th October 2007, 10:29 AM
Or in other words, Neutrals shouldn't (and wouldn't) hate ARR for the quality of music he has brought in his generation. (Tamil or desi)

Nerd
26th October 2007, 10:55 AM
I can understand if a HCIR fan criticizes this album, because they might have *something* to back up. But a HJ fan, give me a break. He has no originality, seriously. Yuvan is 100x better than Harris 8-)

Btw, kELAmal is still in *loop* :notworthy:

SoftSword
26th October 2007, 11:12 AM
ATM - Azhagaana Thamizh Music!!
its singing in my mind, though i am not connected to any music player...

dinesh2002
26th October 2007, 11:23 AM
sloshed, i never knew u need to be handled......hehehe...i can crush/throw all HJ albums to harshest of reviews and ur personal opinions as well....i can be doubly irritating/sarcastic as u....but its not my job.......if u can stop being sarcastic abt my comments , then it wud be great.....

A.Anand, Dinesh, others who tresspass into HJ threads - just see wats happening......i dunno y u guys want to talk abt HJ at all when ARR gives us a album every 6 months.....sick and tired of all unnecessary posts in ARR threads whenever there is a new album.......

omg... hahahah... ennapa intha kodumai?? tell me, is there any rules saying " If your ARR fan u MUST only discuss/listen to his songs ONLY"?? is it wrong to go around & discuss other people's album... OMG.... this is really unbearable !! so what if ARR gives and album every 6 months?? u expect ARR fans to listen to it ONLY for the whole six months.... goodness!! lemme be clear of who am i here, yes, im crazy of ARR's music... but i dont go to the extend i listen only to his & rave of all his songs, and never treat them like gold if it is sung by him. I dun go gaga over his sung numbers ever since his HUmma HUmma - BOmbay even.

if the definition of "ARR fan" is going to limit me to listen to his numbers & never allow me to discuss on other Md's songs, please count me out then... :roll:

anoops
26th October 2007, 11:25 AM
I can understand if a HCIR fan criticizes this album, because they might have *something* to back up. But a HJ fan, give me a break. He has no originality, seriously. Yuvan is 100x better than Harris 8-)

Btw, kELAmal is still in *loop* :notworthy: kELAmal is my fav too now - followed by valayapatti/ponmagal and then by marlyn monroe/ella pugazhum - madhuraikku pogadhadee last :D

superb album - hope bharathan dir does justice to the songs esp kelamal - innoru newyork nagaram picturisation vendaam :oops:

SoftSword
26th October 2007, 01:34 PM

omg... hahahah... ennapa intha kodumai?? tell me, is there any rules saying " If your ARR fan u MUST only discuss/listen to his songs ONLY"?? is it wrong to go around & discuss other people's album... OMG.... this is really unbearable !! so what if ARR gives and album every 6 months?? u expect ARR fans to listen to it ONLY for the whole six months.... goodness!! lemme be clear of who am i here, yes, im crazy of ARR's music... but i dont go to the extend i listen only to his & rave of all his songs, and never treat them like gold if it is sung by him. I dun go gaga over his sung numbers ever since his HUmma HUmma - BOmbay even.

if the definition of "ARR fan" is going to limit me to listen to his numbers & never allow me to discuss on other Md's songs, please count me out then... :roll:

chill dinesh...
maddy actually din mean that i guess...
he just wrote it out of frustration and he would ahve just meant to tell that as we go to hj threads and discuss, those guys come here to irritate us...

relax... and enjoy the music... :P

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 01:42 PM
KELAMAL SONGS KEKKA KEKKA ENNAMO PANNUTHU SIR!APPADIYE AGAYATHILA METHAKKARA FEELING!WOOOOOOOW!MIND BLOWING :musicsmile:

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 01:55 PM
INIMEL NAAN HJ TRED PAKKAM POGAVE MATTEN!EPPADIYAVATHU POI THOLAYATTUM...THOONGIRAVANA ELUPPALAM AANA,THUNGGIRARA MATHIRI NADIKAIRAVANNGALA ELUPPA MUDIYATHU!ATHU HJ FANS-IKKU ROMBA SARIYA PORUNTHUM!

dinesh2002
26th October 2007, 04:22 PM

chill dinesh...
maddy actually din mean that i guess...
he just wrote it out of frustration and he would ahve just meant to tell that as we go to hj threads and discuss, those guys come here to irritate us...

relax... and enjoy the music... :P

bro,it still doesnt makes sense ! so we r not allowed to go around & share our thoughts? wut eva it is, i didint go the HJ threads with a bad intentions to irritate them/hj fans. its the other members problem if they cant digest ARR has given us a full enjoyable album for all classes.

SoftSword
26th October 2007, 05:14 PM
yeah. no one goes there just to irritate them...
but we are afraid if it should not be the other way round...

MADDY
26th October 2007, 07:46 PM
Dinesh, i dint mean , u shuldnt listen to others music or anything (who am i to tell u that).........see, whenever there is a new HJ album, our guys go there and claim this is copy/that is copy etc etc.......so its natural that they will come back with their false claims/stupid theories here........which is what we dont want.......

one suggestion would be, u can wait till a week of HJ album release to accuse of lift/copying etc etc........as soon as a album releases, any fan wud like to see some meaningful posts in their threads, not just copy/lift/inspiration posts.....sadly, i have never seen a meaningful discussion for any new ARR album rite from start......just my few points.......

dinesh2002
26th October 2007, 07:47 PM
sloshed & co.....

ATM is an excellent album if u ask me... never heard ARR so peppy since Mudhalvan, yes, he even surpass his own BOYS.

yes, some songs could bring resemblance to older songs from IR & ARR, but i feel, i think finaly ARR got the message that ORIGINALITY isnt a priority to reach the tamil makkals. i mean come on, i bet u even people like sloshed enjoyed the tuens from D.Imman, Deva ,Harris & all. isnt it? where were ur reviews on their albums bro? ohh wait? only have time to review on ARR isnt it? ;) hyPoCr1t3$!! :D ;)

and guess what?? whether u peeps like it or not.... ATM is awesome.... !!

one of the clown here said Valayapathi & Madhurai was a D.Imman stuffs.... yevenge avange?? :lol: so how come we never heard him composed classic like Valayapatthi,when almost all his movies had scope for folk bits.... Valaypathi had perfect blend of folk & carnatic.... awesome...simply good!!

Madhurai.... simply great dance number.... it just reach u fast coz of the familar tune.... and the female chorus lyrics suits Vijay allot.... really....

sanjeevk
26th October 2007, 10:07 PM
dinesh 2002 says:
ATM is an excellent album if u ask me... never heard ARR so peppy since Mudhalvan, yes, he even surpass his own BOYS.

yes, some songs could bring resemblance to older songs from IR & ARR, but i feel, i think finaly ARR got the message that ORIGINALITY isnt a priority to reach the tamil makkals. i mean come on, i bet u even people like sloshed enjoyed the tuens from D.Imman, Deva ,Harris & all. isnt it? where were ur reviews on their albums bro? ohh wait? only have time to review on ARR isnt it? hyPoCr1t3$!!

HAHAHAHAHA u make me laugh, dont see how u can compare the quality that boys offer to what ATM is offerein...unbelievable

As for your statement about D.Imman, u seem to be one of those fans that given a D.Imman album and replace his name with ARR, u'll prolli say its one of the best albums of recent times... grow up from bashing other music directors and appreciate what they got to offer or dont listen to them...u dont see Imman given the chance to work with Shankar or Mani or any Costly/Mass orientated movies, so its unjustified for you to ridicule his potential when hes not given the chances as compared to ARR whose had the opportunity and made most of it and is where he is cause of it

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 10:26 PM
friends,happy news..haha..atm audio super sales in kuala lumpur area malaysia :D veenai trading shop owner says this news! :clap: cheers!

dinesh2002
26th October 2007, 10:29 PM
dinesh 2002 says:

yes, some songs could bring resemblance to older songs from IR & ARR, but i feel, i think finaly ARR got the message that ORIGINALITY isnt a priority to reach the tamil makkals. i mean come on, i bet u even people like sloshed enjoyed the tuens from D.Imman, Deva ,Harris & all. isnt it? where were ur reviews on their albums bro? ohh wait? only have time to review on ARR isnt it? hyPoCr1t3$!!

HAHAHAHAHA u make me laugh, dont see how u can compare the quality that boys offer to what ATM is offerein...unbelievable

As for your statement about D.Imman, u seem to be one of those fans that given a D.Imman album and replace his name with ARR, u'll prolli say its one of the best albums of recent times... grow up from bashing other music directors and appreciate what they got to offer or dont listen to them...u dont see Imman given the chance to work with Shankar or Mani or any Costly/Mass orientated movies, so its unjustified for you to ridicule his potential when hes not given the chances as compared to ARR whose had the opportunity and made most of it and is where he is cause of it

:lol: :lol: one of the Co.s huh.... good good...keep on coming....

u people r entertaining.... :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
26th October 2007, 10:30 PM
friends,happy news..haha..atm audio super sales in kuala lumpur area malaysia :D veenai trading shop owner says this news! :clap: cheers!

:thumbsup: go Rahman!!!

A.ANAND
26th October 2007, 10:30 PM
rahman valyapatti and maduraikku songs panna peria paavama enna???ithellam romba overuda thambi sanjeevi!unnga allu[ysr] panntha kuttu song-ah?

thineshan54321
26th October 2007, 10:34 PM
dinesh 2002 says:

there is a reason why Imaan doesnt get to work with shankar or mani. :lol: :lol: :lol: maramandai....

prasana84
26th October 2007, 11:14 PM
Why do you guys make me a neutral? :twisted: I'm a fan of this genius too. :yes:

prasana84
26th October 2007, 11:23 PM
dinesh 2002 says:

there is a reason why Imaan doesnt get to work with shankar or mani. :lol: :lol: :lol: maramandai....
Oru rahman album vantha evlo comedy varuthu. anti-arr panra comedyku oru alavae ilama pochu. namma oru pakkam patta rasichutu enoru pakkam comedyaiyum rasichu sirikulam. Anna sajeevk talent iruntha yaar venulanum mela varalam. talent than vaipu kudukothu. rahman vida yaracham nalla music potta mani will also go 4 them. that is world. rahman proved so that he is working with all the big directors in india. he has also worked with newcomers remember the hit of sok.

thineshan54321
26th October 2007, 11:53 PM
dinesh 2002 says:

Oru rahman album vantha evlo comedy varuthu. anti-arr panra comedyku oru alavae ilama pochu. namma oru pakkam patta rasichutu enoru pakkam comedyaiyum rasichu sirikulam. Anna sajeevk talent iruntha yaar venulanum mela varalam. talent than vaipu kudukothu. rahman vida yaracham nalla music potta mani will also go 4 them. that is world. rahman proved so that he is working with all the big directors in india. he has also worked with newcomers remember the hit of sok.

lovely album.... i cant stop praising this one.. its like my long time dream come true :)

kb
26th October 2007, 11:58 PM
[

u dont see Imman given the chance to work with Shankar or Mani or any Costly/Mass orientated movies, so its unjustified for you to ridicule his potential when hes not given the chances as compared to ARR whose had the opportunity and made most of it and is where he is cause of it

yen.. low budget movies nalla music poda instruments avar kitta illaiya..

illa nalla music pota vendaam ithu remba nalla irruku.. ithu maniratnam padathuku podungo..apidinu low budget directors sollidraangala :roll:

prasana84
27th October 2007, 12:03 AM
[

u dont see Imman given the chance to work with Shankar or Mani or any Costly/Mass orientated movies, so its unjustified for you to ridicule his potential when hes not given the chances as compared to ARR whose had the opportunity and made most of it and is where he is cause of it

illa nalla music pota vendaam ithu remba nalla irruku.. ithu maniratnam padathuku podungo..apidinu low budget directors sollidraangala :roll:
:lol:

prasana84
27th October 2007, 12:08 AM
same thenishan bro all songs r rocking

thineshan54321
27th October 2007, 12:13 AM
[

:lol: :lol: :lol:

coucou
27th October 2007, 12:23 AM
I like all songs at first hearing which is not case usually; I dont know if is it good or bad!! :?

My favorite is valayapptti, all ragas come across wovvv just marvellos, very beautiful lyrics is it vaali?? the starting, the interlude , the instruments, voices all are perfect in this song! :2thumbsup: The second is Ellas puhalzhum for fabulous orchestration and energy which provide this song but I wonder how will it suit for Vijay?, The picturation thrill me!! :wink:

I rate this album more than sivaji just for valayappathi, there are not such type of songs , traditional songs which I except from ARR, I never except such song for a movie of Vijay! :roll: :shock:

prasana84
27th October 2007, 12:30 AM
I like all songs at first hearing which is not case usually; I dont know if is it good or bad!! :?

My favorite is valayapptti, all ragas come across wovvv just marvellos, very beautiful lyrics is it vaali?? the starting, the interlude , the instruments, voices all are perfect in this song! :2thumbsup: The second is Ellas puhalzhum for fabulous orchestration and energy which provide this song but I wonder how will it suit for Vijay?, The picturation thrill me!! :wink:

I rate this album more than sivaji just for valayappathi, there are not such type of songs , traditional songs which I except from ARR, I never except such song for a movie of Vijay! :roll: :shock:
Same got addicted to tat particular no valapathi

coucou
27th October 2007, 12:38 AM

Same got addicted to tat particular no valapathi

What is remarquable in this song that lyrics describe music, every noun of raaga is annonced in song ant all instruments ere mentionned it's very creative!! Excellent work by the lyricist or director who ask him to write in such a way :D

kb
27th October 2007, 12:40 AM
:? enaku therinja orey raaga .. www.raaga.com mattum thaango :oops:

thilak4life
27th October 2007, 12:42 AM
Listened to the songs again.

Thalaivar rocks with his own voice, and rendition - "Ellapugazhum"!

King of addictive music - Listened to "Iruvar", "AE", "Mangal pandey", "Yuva" and now "ATM" - There's no other like the Mozart of Madras himself. I don't care if it sounds hyperbolic.

thilak4life
27th October 2007, 12:50 AM

King of addictive music - Listened to "Iruvar", "AE", "Mangal pandey", "Yuva" and now "ATM" - There's no other like the Mozart of Madras himself. I don't care if it sounds hyperbolic.
Hi thilak which is ur fav no in this movie

"Kelamal" and "valayapatti" for now. Tomorrow it would be "Ellapugazhum" and day after, it would be the remix - Overall this is a seemingly flawless 'mass' album, that is, it never attains a 'peak' as such, it just maintains the levels within the threshold.

prasana84
27th October 2007, 12:57 AM

Hi thilak which is ur fav no in this movie

"Kelamal" and "valayapatti" for now. Tomorrow it would be "Ellapugazhum" and day after, it would be the remix - Overall this is a seemingly flawless 'mass' album, that is, it never attains a 'peak' as such, it just maintains the levels within the threshold.
kooooooool

sanjeevk
27th October 2007, 05:21 AM
[

What i was trying to say is that its a responsibility of the Movie director to accept or want more from their music directors.So directors such as shankar and Mani who are seen as perfectionists wont acept garbage from their directors and hence quality music is provided... for example when Sri kanth deva came with the songs of M kumaran son of mahalakshmi...i was realli looking forward to his music, but his choice of movies and directors afterwards lead him to a lukeworm response. essentially no matter if low budget or high budget, its the role of the director to accept the music offered as seen best for the movie and therefore bashing out music directors 2 me just seems sooo sadd

rayan36
27th October 2007, 05:59 AM

:yes: coool :yes:

thineshan54321
27th October 2007, 09:25 AM
[

What i was trying to say is that its a responsibility of the Movie director to accept or want more from their music directors.So directors such as shankar and Mani who are seen as perfectionists wont acept garbage from their directors and hence quality music is provided... for example when Sri kanth deva came with the songs of M kumaran son of mahalakshmi...i was realli looking forward to his music, but his choice of movies and directors afterwards lead him to a lukeworm response. essentially no matter if low budget or high budget, its the role of the director to accept the music offered as seen best for the movie and therefore bashing out music directors 2 me just seems sooo sadd

so if it all depends on director what the hll is the point of a music director. so everyone is equal?? no matter who the director is, there is a max output from a MD.

rayan36
27th October 2007, 11:28 AM
[

so if it all depends on director what the hll is the point of a music director. so everyone is equal?? no matter who the director is, there is a max output from a MD.

that's why guys like T.R does all the job :lol:

Sanjeevi
27th October 2007, 01:32 PM
Musically it is now

ATM (http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/azhagiya-tamil-magan-music-review) vs Machakkaran (http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/machakkaran-music-mass)

Sanjeevi
27th October 2007, 01:36 PM
rahman valyapatti and maduraikku songs panna peria paavama enna???ithellam romba overuda thambi sanjeevi!unnga allu[ysr] panntha kuttu song-ah?

I guess you are in confusion with two Sanjeevis

buddysathi
27th October 2007, 03:17 PM
My order...

1. Kelamaal---Wonderful lyrics, understandable techno beats so that vijay can shake his legs, FANTASTIC!!

2. Valayappati- When ARR meets Vijay kinda folk song.

3. Marlyn Monroe- Must be the most stlyish vijay western song ever. Beautiful!

4.Ellapughalum- Ok song! Why does it sound like some DMK election campaign song to me? Is it the lyrics or the tune?

5. Maduraiku- Average, may be good with the movie...

6. Ponmagal Remix- School boys stuff! Where is the re-mix? Its the same tune but with good rap interludes!

Wish ARR put some signature tune for Vijay's name title card like for the Superstar!

Yathu
27th October 2007, 04:02 PM
Sabesh-Murali covers for Rahman

October 26, 2007

Amidst continuing confusion of whether it might make it to Deepavali, Azhagiya Tamil Magan team has been working round the clock to wrap it up and present it to Vijay's fans for the festival season. Few special effects, color corrections and graphics are pending in addition to background score.

There seems to be some financial trouble too, which insiders feel will be resolved just in time.

As everyone is aware of, A R Rahman scores music for the film and the songs tuned in by him are already a rage with the youth. There were also reports that the maestro had started working on the re-recording at his studio in Chennai. But now comes the news that the mantle has been passed over to Sabesh & Murali. Rahman's schedule being tight as usual, would have meant a delay in the proceedings.

Hence to enable a timely release, the crew after getting the permission from Rahman and South Indian film musicians Association, has sought the help of Sabesh and Murali to help them with the background score. The musician duo also seems to have agreed.

Rahman or the ATM crew could not be reached to confirm the news.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/oct-07-04/26-10-07-atm.html

:( Why can't they just wait for Rahman! Sabesh-Murali give very standard BGMs, with all the "la la la's", violins and flutes. Not that theres anything wrong with that, it worked in Amuagiya Naan. :huh: :lol:

//This could just be Behindwoods talking rubish again. Read the last sentence of the article...they always have a way out!

A.ANAND
27th October 2007, 04:16 PM

I guess you are in confusion with two Sanjeevis
intha perila kuda double roll-ah :lol:

rayan36
27th October 2007, 04:51 PM
Sabesh-Murali covers for Rahman

October 26, 2007

Amidst continuing confusion of whether it might make it to Deepavali, Azhagiya Tamil Magan team has been working round the clock to wrap it up and present it to Vijay's fans for the festival season. Few special effects, color corrections and graphics are pending in addition to background score.

There seems to be some financial trouble too, which insiders feel will be resolved just in time.

As everyone is aware of, A R Rahman scores music for the film and the songs tuned in by him are already a rage with the youth. There were also reports that the maestro had started working on the re-recording at his studio in Chennai. But now comes the news that the mantle has been passed over to Sabesh & Murali. Rahman's schedule being tight as usual, would have meant a delay in the proceedings.

Hence to enable a timely release, the crew after getting the permission from Rahman and South Indian film musicians Association, has sought the help of Sabesh and Murali to help them with the background score. The musician duo also seems to have agreed.

Rahman or the ATM crew could not be reached to confirm the news.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/oct-07-04/26-10-07-atm.html

:( Why can't they just wait for Rahman! Sabesh-Murali give very standard BGMs, with all the "la la la's", violins and flutes. Not that theres anything wrong with that, it worked in Amuagiya Naan. :huh: :lol:

//This could just be Behindwoods talking rubish again. Read the last sentence of the article...they always have a way out!

why can't they just pick a guy from the Rahman factory :(

dinesh2002
27th October 2007, 06:46 PM
ATM bgm by Sabesh-Murali?? owh!! please tell me its not true!!! hate it when this happens... ARR only scores the songs...... :roll:

Mahen
27th October 2007, 07:16 PM
Good news! All issues regarding Vijay's Azhagiya Tamil Magan, has been sorted out. Now Pyramid Saimira and 'Swargachitra' Appachan says that there were no issues between them and things have been blown out of proposition.

Producer 'Swargachitra' Appachan told Sify.com: "ATM is 100 percent releasing for Diwali-2007. A.R Rahman is completing the re-recording and mixing. The film will be censored by October 31, and it will release for Diwali."

Added Appachan: "The music of the film is rocking the charts. In five days since the audio release, it created a new record sales and everybody loves the songs. Once the songs and trailer are shown on the channels (after censor), it will do even better."

Appachan says that ATM is going to be Vijay's best film, as it is racy and edge-of-the-seat. Says Appachan: "We are going to release 350 to 400 prints of the film worldwide, and I'm sure it is going to be a super hit."

Mahen
27th October 2007, 07:17 PM
Good news! All issues regarding Vijay's Azhagiya Tamil Magan, has been sorted out. Now Pyramid Saimira and 'Swargachitra' Appachan says that there were no issues between them and things have been blown out of proposition.

Producer 'Swargachitra' Appachan told Sify.com: "ATM is 100 percent releasing for Diwali-2007. A.R Rahman is completing the re-recording and mixing. The film will be censored by October 31, and it will release for Diwali."

Added Appachan: "The music of the film is rocking the charts. In five days since the audio release, it created a new record sales and everybody loves the songs. Once the songs and trailer are shown on the channels (after censor), it will do even better."

Appachan says that ATM is going to be Vijay's best film, as it is racy and edge-of-the-seat. Says Appachan: "We are going to release 350 to 400 prints of the film worldwide, and I'm sure it is going to be a super hit."

prasana84
27th October 2007, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the good news :D
He added that atm has created a NEW RECORD (in 5 days sales). :cool2:
Any news regrading the audio sales?

dinesh2002
27th October 2007, 07:51 PM

great!

Music4Ever
27th October 2007, 07:56 PM
Now, after multiple listenings of ATM songs, I can safely say that ARR has brought out a hit album, which is a mixture of songs that will appeal to the mass and the youth equally. He has tried hard to play the balancing game with the demands of Vijay fans on the one hand and his own youth fans who crave for his rocking numbers of the nineties (includes me too, but I am a spring chicken more in the mindset). This is always a problem because, if this forum is any representation of the fans at large, ARR seems to have shortchanged lovers of his more ``sensitive" and/or innovative type songs, who have shown their displeasure.

The formula he has used is to borrow openly/subtly from many sources, including MSV, IR, and his own numbers and mixed them with his brand of music which is immediately arresting. For example, I think Valayapatti has elements from Chikku bukku rayilE and Sakkara inikkira sakkara, which were big hits. For mass village type songs, who else but IR? A great thing would be that aspiring/established imitators will have to work hard to get crumbs from these numbers to put in their future songs. ARR has played a safe game, where he only wins and has nothing to lose (except probably a slight fall from his high pedestal for having composed some numbers reminding old ones). Overall, an album that will consolidate ARR's position in TFM, that was gained in Sivaji.

thineshan54321
27th October 2007, 08:13 PM
guys behindwoods is anti-arr. If you guys remember they brought out a stupid comparison between ARR and HJ and they said time will have to tell who is better. :lol: it is clear now that they have given 3.5 for ATM and 4 for Bheema. WTH is that? Bheema songs r not bad but not better than ATM. I also noticed raaga is the same. WHenever YSR or HJ album releases, they say HJ or YSR have created another blockbuster even though its just released. For ATM they have it plain and simply. Vijay starrer ATM. Music by ARR. just like ny other movie. take a look.

prasana84
27th October 2007, 08:22 PM
guys behindwoods is anti-arr. If you guys remember they brought out a stupid comparison between ARR and HJ and they said time will have to tell who is better. :lol: it is clear now that they have given 3.5 for ATM and 4 for Bheema. WTH is that? Bheema songs r not bad but not better than ATM. I also noticed raaga is the same. WHenever YSR or HJ album releases, they say HJ or YSR have created another blockbuster even though its just released. For ATM they have it plain and simply. Vijay starrer ATM. Music by ARR. just like ny other movie. take a look.
Bheema songs r no where near to atm songs.
But i dono about behindwods because we can always expect a news about arr in behindwoods.com. :D

thineshan54321
27th October 2007, 08:47 PM
[tscii:78dcb65d0b]Song1: Azhagiya Tamizh Magan Songs Lyrics : Ella Pugazhum

Singer: A.R.Rahman, Lyrics: Vaali

Munnal Munnal Munnal Munnal Vada
Unnal Mudiyum Unnal Mudiyum Thozha

Ellaa Pugazhum Oruvan Oruvanukke
Nee Nadhi Pola Odikkondiru
Endha Vervaikkum Vettrigal Vervaikkumey
Unmai Ullathil Thoor Vaikkumey

Oh Hey Thozha
Munnal Vadaa
Unnal Mudiyum
Thalathalabathi Thalabathi Neethaan Neethaan
Anbuth Thalaivaa Vettri Namakkey
Azhagiya Thamizh Magan Neethaney…Neethaney

Naalai Naalai Naalai Endru Indrai Izhakaathey
Nee Indrai Izhakkaathey..Nee Indrai Izhakaathey
Indrai Vithaithaal Naalai Mulaikkum
Adhai Nee Marakkaathey
Nee Adhai Nee Marakkaathey
Nee Adhai Nee Marakkaathey
Nettru Nadantha Kaayathai Enni
Nyaayathai Vidalaamaa?
Nyaayam Kaayam Avaney Arivaan
Avanidam Adhai Nee Vittuch Chel
Hey Thozaa Munnal Vada
Unnal Mudiyum
Azhagiya Thamizh Magan Neethaney

Eyyyyy

Manavan Manadhu Vaithaal Mudiyaathenbadhu Illai..
Kadal Pole, Malai Pole, Kaatrai Pole, Bhoomi Pole..
Nee Perumai Serada
Pirandhom Irundhom Sendrom
Endra Vazhvai Thookip Podadaa
Maanavan Manadhu Vaithaal

Oh oh oh oh Thozaa Munnal Vadaa
Unnal Mudiyum Unnal Mudiyum
Thozaa Munnal Vadaa
Unnal Mudiyum
Azhagiya Thamizh Magan Neethaney
Maanavan Manadhu Vaithaal

Song2: Azhagiya Tamizh Magan Songs Lyrics : Kellamal Kaiyile

Singers : Saindhavi,Sriram Parthasarathi, Lyrics : Thamarai

Kellamal kaiyile vanthaye kathale

Kaetu rasitha padal ondrai
meendum indru nyabagam thoonda
kaetu rasitha padal ondrai
meendum indru nyabagam thoonda

Ennai unnai ennithano
ezhuthiyathu polave thondra
ennai unnai ennithano
ezhuthiyathu polave thondra

Kaylamal kayile vanthaye kathale
en peril koovidum un perum kokilam

Kokilam…Kokilam…Kokilam
nenjile kadhalin kaal thadam

Kellamal kayile vanthaye kaathale.
endraman nee enil un kayil naan anil

Innimel innimel intha naanum naan illai
poi va poi va endre enake vidaigal thanthen
Melithai melithai naan irunthen
miga elithai engum nadanthen
indru unnai nenjil sumanthen naan
nadanthen nadanthathum vizhunthen

Koonthal ennum Anee aree muthamida aasaigal undu
Netri mooku uthadu endru irangi vara padigalum undu

Kellamal kaiyile vanthaye kadhale
en perai koovidum un perum kokilam

Paarthum Paramale
pogum nerangall
Paarthum Paramale
pogum nerangall
etho nadakinrathe
puditha pamaranmudale
paarkum Paramale
pogum nerangale

Kannai kannai simitum
nodiyil un uruvam maraiyum maraiyum
athanal imagal vendaam enben
Parvai ondral unnai alli
en kannin siraiyil unnai adaipen
athil nee nirantharamai Nee Iruka
imaigal vendum enben
Merku thisai nokki nadanthal iravu
konjam seekiram varumo
Thoongum thevai a-thum indri
kanavugalum kaigalil vizhuma

Kellamal kaiyileh vanthayeh kathale
endramal..nee enil
un kayil naan anil

Kokilam kokilam kokilam
nenjile kathalin kaal thadam
Kokilam kokilam kokilam
nenjile kathalin kaal thadam

Source: www.chennai365.com[/tscii:78dcb65d0b]

Song4: Azhagiya Tamizh Magan Songs Lyrics : Nee Marilyn Monroe

Singer: Benny Dayal, Ujjayinee : Lyrics: Muthukumar

Hey Baby en album nee
Hey Baby un DJ naan
Oru Murai Iru Murai Palla Murrai
Ketridum Sangitham

Hey Baby en album nee
Hey Baby un DJ naan

Ketridum Sangitham

Nee Nee
Nee Marilyn Monroe Cloninga
Illai Jennifer Lopez oda scanninga
One Day mattum girlfriend aga Variya

Hey Rock n Rollil Killadi
Rap Song everyday munnodi
Saturday night party ke pogallam variya
Hey Saturday night party ke pogallam variya

Hey Baby en album nee
Hey Baby un DJ naan
Ketridum Sangitham

Kadal karai inil beach house irruku
Palla orrinil farm house irruku
Va one day girlfriend aga Variya

Kullir irivinil campfire thuvattu
Suda Sudda vena kachalay ootu
Varelirangal adida pollam variya…

Ullasamai Urchagamai undradidum pothu
Un vanathil palle vanavil thinam tondrume
Va va va va va

Nee

Penngal oru mixy, Vanthal ann chutney
Penngal oru cricket, anngal than wicket

Chess Board il Queennuku,
Check veyka mudiaythu
Ennalum balli agum

Miss World pol engum
Mr World Kidayathu
Ann janmam veenagum

One Day mattum girlfriend agga Variya

Hey Baby en album nee
Hey Baby un DJ naan
Ketridum Sangitham
Hey Baby en album nee
Hey Baby un DJ naan
Ketridum Sangitham

Song5: Azhagiya Tamizh Magan Songs Lyrics : Valayyapathi

Singer: Naresh Iyer, Ujjayinee, Madhumitha : Lyrics: Muthukumar

nee nathaswaram pola vantha

nee nathaswaram pola vantha navi kamalam nana
nee yezhu swaram pola vantha ettaa swaram nana

valayapathi thavile thavile
jugal banthi vaikum mavale mavale
jimikki potta maile maile
enna mayakiriye mayakiriye

nee nathaswaram
valayapathi
ne nathaswaram
ettam swaram neethan

unn kangal rendum kalyani
unn siripo sinthu bairavi
nee paarkum pothu bagiya shree
nee konchum pothu nilampari

naan thiruvaiyaru kacheri

Baagyasree

Naan thiruvaiyaaru kacheri
nee thalam poda vepery
pala ragangal solven pinnadi
en ooruku vaa nee bus yeri

valayapathi thavile thavile

nee pakum pothu
nee pakum pothey pathikuthey
sontha ooru sivakasiya
pesum pothe jillunguthe
unga oru sirapunchiya

nee nerungum pothey current eruthey
unga ooru kalpakkama
narabellam murukeruthey
endinium manaparaia

nee kai kaal mulacha mathalama
unna vasika pinnal suthanuma
nee hormoniya kataiyama
yen hormone saiyuthu setaiyamma

nan valibam thirudum veenaiyada
enge vanthaal mudiyum poonaiyada
nan vayathuku vantha violin ada

enna minora pola vasiyada

valayapathi

rayan36
27th October 2007, 08:51 PM
KELAMAL KAIYILAE IS SUPA :clap: eventhough the base beat is simple, the lyrics and the interludes surely lift the song, some part of the song reminds me of Ennavalay Ennavalay

thineshan54321
27th October 2007, 10:50 PM
Elapugazhum is probably the most inspiring and most powerful songs ever by any MD in my lifetime. Way too haunting, its a HUGE HUGE hit here.

after about 30 times of replay of entire album (iPod, PC, home theatre, everything), the album is
- the best every commercial album since mudhalvan (its definitely on par)
- much better than sivaji audio+video ( :shock: )
- my mom also thinks its better than sivaji audio (she is a huge music fan, she said she enjoyed an entire ARR album after a long time. her favourite valayapatti, kaylaamal, maduraikku, elaa pugazhum, and marylyn monroe (she still likes original ponmagal :lol: )
- note: this is the same musical taste that appreciated ARR's tremendous work in the 90s. i am appreciating this album with the same taste (a bit modernized) and i think the 90s days are here again, amazing (atleast for me)
- public reaction: AMAZING, radio here plays atleast 3-4 songs per day.
- conclusion: ATM is AMAZING ALBUM from ARR.
- 9.5/10 (average rating)

- please note that this is my opinion, if anyone disagrees it wont affect me in any way simply because i've gone past the point of even considering negative opinions about the songs because i heard how good the songs r myself ( i am not deaf) and if anyone says its bad (worst ever) then i know they are full of **** :poke:

- enjoy 90s' ARR in the 2000s.

thamizhvaanan
28th October 2007, 09:02 AM
guys... can someone upload lyrics in [ur="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_(file_format)"l]LRC [/url]format?

Its fairly simple to make using this software
http://www.mympxplayer.org/dload.php?action=download&file_id=65

Already quite a handful of ARR songs have LRC file available in this site... http://tamillyrix.blogspot.com/

Just incase if u are wondering wat to do with LRC files, you can use minilyrics software to view the lyrics synchronized with songs :wink: http://www.crintsoft.com/dl.htm You can also use this software to upload the lyrics that u have created for others to use :)

Bala8749
28th October 2007, 10:45 AM
Elapugazhum is probably the most inspiring and most powerful songs ever by any MD in my lifetime. Way too haunting, its a HUGE HUGE hit here.

after about 30 times of replay of entire album (iPod, PC, home theatre, everything), the album is
- the best every commercial album since mudhalvan (its definitely on par)
- my mom also thinks its better than sivaji audio (she is a huge music fan, she said she enjoyed an entire ARR album after a long time. her favourite valayapatti, kaylaamal, maduraikku, elaa pugazhum, and marylyn monroe (she still likes original ponmagal :lol: )
- note: this is the same musical taste that appreciated ARR's tremendous work in the 90s. i am appreciating this album with the same taste (a bit modernized) and i think the 90s days are here again, amazing (atleast for me)
- public reaction: AMAZING, radio here plays atleast 3-4 songs per day.
- conclusion: ATM is AMAZING ALBUM from ARR.
- 9.5/10 (average rating)

- please note that this is my opinion, if anyone disagrees it wont affect me in any way simply because i've gone past the point of even considering negative opinions about the songs because i heard how good the songs r myself ( i am not deaf) and if anyone says its bad (worst ever) then i know they are full of **** :poke:

- enjoy 90s' ARR in the 2000s.

No way is ATM audio better then Shivaji or SOK but it is still a v.good album IMO

lancelot
28th October 2007, 11:06 AM

i have to agree with you, for the simple fact that I, say again "I" can after awhile listen to all the songs in an ARR album repeatedly. SOK there were only 3 songs on my repeat list, Sivaji there was again only 3.

but ATM all the songs are awesome,

iv never known the original Ponmagal song, must have herd it once or twice. but that songs just rocks... its awesome... my favorite for the day... it keep changing u know... hehe

hehe

ThalaNass
28th October 2007, 02:51 PM
somehow i didnt like Kelamal and madhurai song...

but other 4 songs... rocking!!!!!!! :notworthy:

coucou
28th October 2007, 03:12 PM
Now my heart wavers between kelamal, ellah puzhalum, valayapatti, mayln monroe!!

AT first I think munbe vaa is far better than kelamal but i start to change my view! :) 8-) these two parts is just mesmerising

Kokilam?Kokilam?Kokilam
nenjile kadhalin kaal thadam

Paarthum Paramale
pogum nerangall
Paarthum Paramale
pogum nerangall
etho nadakinrathe
puditha pamaranmudale
paarkum Paramale
pogum nerangale

Yathu
28th October 2007, 05:37 PM
I SERIOUSLY LOOVVEEE kelamal RITE NOW! It defo took a while to grow on me, but now I can't get enogh of it! ALL the songs rock without exception! Even Maduraiku Podathadee, I don't know why people are dismissing this song. :D

Mr. Sloshed, if you're still here, I assure you will eat words after you've heard these songs a few more times.

I can't wait to see Vijay dancing to these songs. I hope they did a good job with choreography!

thineshan54321
28th October 2007, 07:17 PM
I SERIOUSLY LOOVVEEE kelamal RITE NOW! It defo took a while to grow on me, but now I can't get enogh of it! ALL the songs rock without exception! Even Maduraiku Podathadee, I don't know why people are dismissing this song. :D

Mr. Sloshed, if you're still here, I assure you will eat words after you've heard these songs a few more times.
I can't wait to see Vijay dancing to these songs. I hope they did a good job with choreography!

he is acting yathu, how can u wake up someone who wants to act like he is sleeping. keylamal. WOW... munbe vaa appealed to me from first listen to last listen with the same kind of effect, but kelamal is appealing to me more and more with every listen, it doesnt stop, so much so that it is surpassing munbe vaa. techno is the right choice for this song.

one more thing. last night when i was driving home, there were four requests back to back for ATM. Valayapatti, Ellaa, nee marilyn, kelamal. Its being requested more than sivaji during its initial days. amazing response. ithanda RAHMAN!!!

united07
28th October 2007, 08:56 PM
Use of english to determine Krishna Chetan's role in Ponmaghal Vanthal.

I hereby (IMHO) have cleared myself of any doubt that ARR indeed has done the faboulous job in Ponmaghal Vanthal Remix.

If at all, Krishna chetan has done the remix his credit should have read "REMIX by KC" and as it is now.

Why would KC do additional programming for his own song, right? If that is the case, there will be no mentions of anyone else as Additonal Programmer in all of previous ARR albums. Agree?

Also, how would you credit a person who has done ADDITIONAL PROGRAMMING AND ADDITIONAL REMIX?

You would simply say "Additional Programming & remix by KC"

agree guys? :) He he he

p/s: Vera velai vetti yethavun illai yennaku. Thats why. First time heard the songs in my car stereo system with full blast! My goodness, what can I say.

Ellam pugazhum has blown me away! Kellamal has just moved got my 'Soff spot' (Soft spot) as Ember says!

Marilyn Monroe is refreshing and BEST OF IT ALL the 3-minuter remix!

"ATM - is already cashing in!"

nickraman
28th October 2007, 09:02 PM

With the same expressions of "bobbling his head" and "wiggling is fingers". I think Lollu Sabha's Jeeva can dance to Vijay a lot better.

jangofett
28th October 2007, 09:35 PM
I just got the CD today at my local record shop in Kelana Jaya. The songs that I like so far is Valayapatti and Kelamal Kaiyile.

The remix Ponmagal Vandaal is also starting to grow on me.

Nee Marilyn Monroe is quite weak.

Still need to listen to Maduriakku Pogathadee a few more time.

The Ellaappugazhum is average.

Sivaji and Guru are still better overall soundtracks..

Yathu
29th October 2007, 12:04 AM

With the same expressions of "bobbling his head" and "wiggling is fingers". I think Lollu Sabha's Jeeva can dance to Vijay a lot better.

I don't think Vijay's dancing is always the same. His moves were all very varied in Pokkiri for example, all credit to Prabhu Deva! Vijay can pull off complex dance routines with ease and style. :D

prasana84
29th October 2007, 12:40 AM
I just got the CD today at my local record shop in Kelana Jaya. The songs that I like so far is Valayapatti and Kelamal Kaiyile.

The remix Ponmagal Vandaal is also starting to grow on me.

Nee Marilyn Monroe is quite weak.

Still need to listen to Maduriakku Pogathadee a few more time.

The Ellaappugazhum is average.

Sivaji and Guru are still better overall soundtracks..

Cant digest such a lovely song :(

dinesh2002
29th October 2007, 12:58 AM

I hereby (IMHO) have cleared myself of any doubt that ARR indeed has done the faboulous job in Ponmaghal Vanthal Remix.

If at all, Krishna chetan has done the remix his credit should have read "REMIX by KC" and as it is now.

Why would KC do additional programming for his own song, right? If that is the case, there will be no mentions of anyone else as Additonal Programmer in all of previous ARR albums. Agree?

Also, how would you credit a person who has done ADDITIONAL PROGRAMMING AND ADDITIONAL REMIX?

p/s: Vera velai vetti yethavun illai yennaku. Thats why. First time heard the songs in my car stereo system with full blast! My goodness, what can I say.

Ellam pugazhum has blown me away! Kellamal has just moved got my 'Soff spot' (Soft spot) as Ember says!

Bro, it is mentiong as " Additional Programming & Pongamal Remix By Krishna Chetan "

and i thought there has been mentioned on Additional Programming By always in ARR's albums?! i know Sivaji had " Music Assisants " :P

the oldies at my place were shocked to see ARR to joined into the Remix troup... me too dissapointed highly in that matter... i couldnt speak to stand up for ARR, as i too not sure if that Remix is by Krishan Chetan. ARR isnt that desperate to make a remix to gain fame, isnt it? besides, he was very determined not to do remix at all, wonder if it is the remix is his job in ATM, y all the fuss during NEW days & so..... :roll:

thineshan54321
29th October 2007, 01:12 AM

Bro, it is mentiong as " Additional Programming & Pongamal Remix By Krishna Chetan "

and i thought there has been mentioned on Additional Programming By always in ARR's albums?! i know Sivaji had " Music Assisants " :P

the oldies at my place were shocked to see ARR to joined into the Remix troup... me too dissapointed highly in that matter... i couldnt speak to stand up for ARR, as i too not sure if that Remix is by Krishan Chetan. ARR isnt that desperate to make a remix to gain fame, isnt it? besides, he was very determined not to do remix at all, wonder if it is the remix is his job in ATM, y all the fuss during NEW days & so..... :roll:

this is why audio release function is important. we would have found out who actually did and if ARR did do it, then we couldve atleast heard why he decided to do it. as there will always be a good reason from ARR as he was determined not to do it.

kb
29th October 2007, 01:30 AM

I don't think Vijay's dancing is always the same. His moves were all very varied in Pokkiri for example, all credit to Prabhu Deva! Vijay can pull off complex dance routines with ease and style. :D

FYI:prabhu deva has choreographed for one song in Azhagiya tamil magan :D

thineshan54321
29th October 2007, 02:58 AM

FYI:prabhu deva has choreographed for one song in Azhagiya tamil magan :D

u know which?

A.ANAND
29th October 2007, 07:08 AM
i think marlin manroe song.

SoftSword
29th October 2007, 01:44 PM
guys did anyone notice...
while listening to benny dayal in madhuraikku song, i get a feel of listening to "shahul hammed" of earlier days... who sang that usilampatti and edhukku pondaatti etc...

somehow i feel, his voice looks as native as shahul hammeds...

man, i always missed this guy...
notw am happy that arr has found someone similar to him...

anoops
29th October 2007, 02:52 PM

wtf!!! :evil: :evil: :x :x

MumbaiRamki
29th October 2007, 03:41 PM
After aaalong time posting here :)
Quite a different track this one . ...
I didn't like the title track tune, but the rochestration was superb ..and the melody tune of Marlyn Manroe was also too good and quite quite catchy ..

Rest of the songs were more good but somehow i was thrown back to some earlier ARR or Hj styled tracks..But on teh whole i like this better than Shivaji, but there is no single strong song like 'Munbe vaa'. Somehow ARR is lost in Vijay's movie ....

Rythym,alaipyuthey, kandukondain, even aah aah ..hmmmmm..a big sigh !!!!

prasana84
29th October 2007, 07:18 PM
Songs are getting better and better.
Kelamal, valapathey, marilyn rocks.

Mahen
29th October 2007, 07:31 PM
his is what director bharathan had to say about remix in ATM

http://i23.tinypic.com/scyg44.jpg

transcript:

ARR has given six songs for the movie.
for a plot in the movie, myself, vijay and rahman were discussing that we need a song similar to 'ponmagal vandhal'. when we were speaking about that, i said it would be apt if we do a remix of that song. Rahman without thinking otherwise, happily accepted to do the remix, without changing the lyrics but changed the background score of the song. for this song, we filled the floors with golden coins. gold sticks will be hanging everywhere in the song. also, we brought 20 australian female dancers and made them dance for this song.

SOURCE:arr YAHOO GROUP

prasana84
29th October 2007, 07:41 PM

transcript:

for a plot in the movie, myself, vijay and rahman were discussing that we need a song similar to 'ponmagal vandhal'. when we were speaking about that, i said it would be apt if we do a remix of that song. Rahman without thinking otherwise, happily accepted to do the remix, without changing the lyrics but changed the background score of the song. for this song, we filled the floors with golden coins. gold sticks will be hanging everywhere in the song. also, we brought 20 australian female dancers and made them dance for this song.

So rahman has done the rocking remix... :D

Nayagan
29th October 2007, 10:29 PM
Decent Album. The remix and "maduraikku pogathe" songs are the let down in my opinion.

In the song "kelamaal" the lines starting with "ketu rasithaa padaal ondru" reminds me of IR classic "Kalyana then nila". Is it because they are based on the same ragaam? Anyone?

My favourite is "ellapugazhum". It reminds me of the song like "bhaar bhaar ha" in laagan more for the content than for the tune.

Nee marilyn monroe is also very catchy. Listen to the second stanza where there is a use of an instrument like morsing? in the background as the singers are singing. This adds to the catchy vibe of the song.

As everybody as said Sivaji rocked...ATM merely makes you listen to a Vijay album which you would normally pass.

thineshan54321
30th October 2007, 12:53 AM
Decent Album. The remix and "maduraikku pogathe" songs are the let down in my opinion.

In the song "kelamaal" the lines starting with "ketu rasithaa padaal ondru" reminds me of IR classic "Kalyana then nila". Is it because they are based on the same ragaam? Anyone?

My favourite is "ellapugazhum". It reminds me of the song like "bhaar bhaar ha" in laagan more for the content than for the tune.

Nee marilyn monroe is also very catchy. Listen to the second stanza where there is a use of an instrument like morsing? in the background as the singers are singing. This adds to the catchy vibe of the song.

As everybody as said Sivaji rocked...ATM merely makes you listen to a Vijay album which you would normally pass.

where r u guys coming from????? for a sec i thot u were ramakrishna. nice observation tho nayagan. i was impressed by that same sound from marylyn. however, to me this is much better than sivaji.

thineshan54321
30th October 2007, 05:40 AM
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001229.html

damnit i cant stand when these amazing songs r being given 4 stars. stupid HJ/YSR fans who regularly visit raaga and bring rating down. guys take this as a competition or whatever, just bring the rating up. we can do it. and once in a while listen to it in raaga altho quality is crap just cut sound and play while listening to ur CD on sound. so it is on top ten. Raaga is a major online audio portal, can really help with the reach of ATM online.

dinesh2002
30th October 2007, 08:36 AM

transcript:

:roll: wow...ARR too become like others.... where is that ARR who said " Remix kills the soul of the original song has" ..... :lol:

dinesh2002
30th October 2007, 08:39 AM
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001229.html

damnit i cant stand when these amazing songs r being given 4 stars. stupid HJ/YSR fans who regularly visit raaga and bring rating down. guys take this as a competition or whatever, just bring the rating up. we can do it. and once in a while listen to it in raaga altho quality is crap just cut sound and play while listening to ur CD on sound. so it is on top ten. Raaga is a major online audio portal, can really help with the reach of ATM online.

i think u shouldnt care much about these websites ratings... :wink:

A.ANAND
30th October 2007, 09:13 AM
dinesh sonna mathiri,intha website rating ellam perisa care onnum illa sir!'makkal kodukkum theerpe magesan theerppu!'evannunga rating namma arr fan's-ikku 'jujubi'mathiri.audio sales than superhit ache,ithukku mela vera enna venum.

sat_srini
30th October 2007, 09:44 AM
Rahman does it again with 'Azhagiya Thamizh Magan'
Posted : Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:33:10 GMT
Author : Aparna Nath
Category : India (Entertainment)

Chennai, Oct 30 - 'Azhagiya Thamizh Magan' is veteran composer A.R. Rahman's second Tamil album of the year after 'Sivaji', which broke all records. Though not as good as the first one, it disappeared from the market within moments of its arrival! That's the Rahman magic.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. 'Azhagiya Thamizh Magan' - Music Director: A.R. Rahman. The excitement of a Rahman album for a Vijay starrer was so much that all the copies were picked up within hours of its arrival.

2. 'Thamizh MA' - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Though it is an excellent album by Yuvan, 'Paravaiya ennai' sung by maestro Ilayaraja for his son is the pick.

3. 'Pollathavan' - Music Director: G.V. Prakash. The remix by Yogi B of the 1970s song 'Engeyum eppothum' sung by S.P. Balasubramaniam in 'Ninaithale Inikkum' is being lapped up by the new generation.

4. 'Bheema' - Music Director: Harris Jayaraj. There is no news of the film but the album by Harris Jayaraj is still at the top.

5. 'Satham Podaathay' - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Though Yuvan's music for 'Vel' is not up to the mark, his 'Sathum Podathey' is still a rage.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/132872.html

dinesh2002
30th October 2007, 04:00 PM
Rahman does it again with 'Azhagiya Thamizh Magan'
Posted : Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:33:10 GMT
Author : Aparna Nath
Category : India (Entertainment)

Chennai, Oct 30 - 'Azhagiya Thamizh Magan' is veteran composer A.R. Rahman's second Tamil album of the year after 'Sivaji', which broke all records. Though not as good as the first one, it disappeared from the market within moments of its arrival! That's the Rahman magic.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. 'Azhagiya Thamizh Magan' - Music Director: A.R. Rahman. The excitement of a Rahman album for a Vijay starrer was so much that all the copies were picked up within hours of its arrival.

2. 'Thamizh MA' - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Though it is an excellent album by Yuvan, 'Paravaiya ennai' sung by maestro Ilayaraja for his son is the pick.

3. 'Pollathavan' - Music Director: G.V. Prakash. The remix by Yogi B of the 1970s song 'Engeyum eppothum' sung by S.P. Balasubramaniam in 'Ninaithale Inikkum' is being lapped up by the new generation.

4. 'Bheema' - Music Director: Harris Jayaraj. There is no news of the film but the album by Harris Jayaraj is still at the top.

5. 'Satham Podaathay' - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Though Yuvan's music for 'Vel' is not up to the mark, his 'Sathum Podathey' is still a rage.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/132872.html

i remember this people said Sivaji was one of ARR's weakest album ! Now Sivaji is GREAT ATM is weaker than it?? GOSH !!! :shock: ellam vaitherichal thaan!!!

and they credit the sales for the combo of Vijay-ARR.... hmmm... atleast 1st 2 -3 days u can say that,but after that its still selling good, that shows good word-to-word review about the songs was around.... :roll: they never did accept ARR delivered awesome songs huh.....!!

kb
30th October 2007, 09:45 PM
kavala padatheenga dinesh.. sakkarai katti padam paatu release aana apuram enna solluvaangannu paakalaam :D :D

prasana84
31st October 2007, 12:12 AM
kavala padatheenga dinesh.. sakkarai katti padam paatu release aana apuram enna solluvaangannu paakalaam :D :D

Sakarakatti songs are not nice. rahman has lost his touch. his previous album atm, shivaji, guru had better music.

This will be the comment given by all other md fans who dont like arr's growth. :lol:

kamarajc
31st October 2007, 12:55 AM
sorry this has no relevance to the album being discussed. Did you guys watch this ARR interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJfOoXv-tA4&NR=1

Prabhu chawla (Chief Editor, India Today) has nothing in his head and I have lost respect to this guy. He is talking to ARR as if he is talking to some local street band guy. But, ARR is smart enough to handle his cockiness.

crajkumar_be
31st October 2007, 01:01 AM
sorry this has no relevance to the album being discussed. Did you guys watch this ARR interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJfOoXv-tA4&NR=1

Prabhu chawla (Chief Editor, India Today) has nothing in his head and I have lost respect to this guy. He is talking to ARR as if he is talking to some local street band guy. But, ARR is smart enough to handle his cockiness.
<Dig>
Sorry for continuing the digression...

:shock: :shock: :banghead:

Prabhu Chawla :hammer: :hammer: :evil:
How can this guy be an editor????????
To start with, his English is awful, his questions are dumb (and so is he) and he doesn't have basic decency, courtesy and manners!
Of course, Rahman was visibly very uncomfortable but he handled it well :thumbsup:
</Dig>

thilak4life
31st October 2007, 01:25 AM
That guy deserves a spank, -deleted- news channels which employs such a pathetic interviewer!

CR,

Avan Indhi news editor, he generally asks his (still dumb) questions in hindi!

dinesh2002
31st October 2007, 12:44 PM
Keelamal - ATM

hmmm... no words to describe this song....!! the "Parkum Parkamale....." & the 1st interlude which had a female vocal humming..... both were super! ofcource the whole song was great... Saindhavi though some parts sounded offtune, but she really rocked... Sriram Parthasarthy.... hats off to him.... he handled the song perfectly !

selvakumar
31st October 2007, 07:55 PM
Not Long Ago !

We saw fans (supposed to be people who love arr and like his songs) , saying varalaaru songs are not good except 1 or 2 songs :P ... now... none of the fans from the so called opposite stars have commented anything -ve on the album.atleast here. even few have commented that songs are better than sivaji"

now with all these things.. those souls will be bashed like 'they are the ones who run against the other actor' :D :D :D

and vijayr

you seem to be having some grudge against particular people .. be it ajith or vijay or yuvan or hj. i am not surprised to see such a review from you.. anyway, i respect your review :)

selvakumar
31st October 2007, 08:22 PM
listened to the songs. they are good. It is upto vijay fans (not the net guys.. but the c centre guys to take it up)

and I am happy withthe fact that arr fans will be able to see all the songs in suntv now unlike varalaaru :D

baba88
31st October 2007, 09:18 PM
A.R.Rahman is replaced by Sabesh-Murali in ATM !!!

anoops
1st November 2007, 07:33 AM
A.R.Rahman is replaced by Sabesh-Murali in ATM !!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :P

rayan36
1st November 2007, 08:35 AM
listened to the songs. they are good. It is upto vijay fans (not the net guys.. but the c centre guys to take it up)

and I am happy withthe fact that arr fans will be able to see all the songs in suntv now unlike varalaaru :D

it's a mystery why they didn't air the songs :evil:

A.ANAND
1st November 2007, 01:33 PM
SHRIYA PRAISES ATM SONGS
Sify Home >> Movies >> Tamil >> Interview

Shriya: Sivaji gave me a new lease of life

By Moviebuzz
Shriya Saran, the 憂umero uno?heroine of Tamil cinema after the stupendous success of Sivaji, in an exclusive interview to Moviebuzz speaks about the superstar, her competitors, Vadivel, her Hollywood film and lots more?P> Sivaji the smash hit has made you the hottest heroine in Tamil cinema. Please comment.
( Bursts out into a smile) To be honest, just being Rajni sir抯 heroine in Sivaji has given me more exposure and reach than any of my earlier films, though I have tasted success in Telugu films as well. It has given me a new lease of life, and also taught me a lot of things, thanks to Shankar sir and Rajni sir.
How would you describe Rajnikanth?
Simplicity is one word that comes to my mind. He is a perfect gentleman, a good actor and has terrific screen presence. He is simply awesome.

How was it working with Shankar?
He taught me the nuances of acting, and the character Tamilselvi made me a star. Everywhere I went in Tamil Nadu, I was addressed by that name; Sivaji is a landmark film in my career. I hope Shankar sir will repeat me in his next film! (Laughs).

Now that you are the 憂umber one 慼eroine in Tamil, what抯 your strategy and game plan?
(Smiles). Nice to hear it, but really it does not matter to me as I don抰 believe in numbers. As far as I抦 concerned, an actor is as good as her last film, and regarding strategy and game plan, I don抰 have any agenda nor do I plan anything in advance. Right now I抦 enjoying myself, and will take things as it comes.

What about your competitors?
I抦 friendly with everybody and do not compare myself to anyone. I admire all of them.

Your nearest competitor is Asin, whose last release Pokkiri was a big hit. The trade feels that she is your biggest competitor. Please comment.
I think she is a fine actress, and I like her a lot. My mom is a big fan of hers. I have seen all her films like Ghajani, Sivakasi, Pokkiri and even her Telugu film Amma Nana O?Tamil Ammayi. I think if Aamir Khan has chosen her as his heroine, it speaks volumes about her caliber and acting talent. We are good friends, and not competitors.

What about your buddy Trisha? Have your famous friendship cooled off ?
Trish and I go a long way back. I have seen all her movies and like her best in Ghilli. We catch up with each other regularly, and are best of friends. All these talks about our cooling off is purely gossip.

How is your relationship with Nayanthara, who many say ousted you from Telugu films?
Nothing of that sort happened. I know her casually, and all this talk of competition and ousting are all media created.

You seem to get along very well with Reema Sen.
Yes Reema is a close pal of mine. Last month Reema and me were in the same hotel in Chennai shooting for two different films. We had a nice time. And in Mumbai, both of us stay in the same locality. We vibe very well.

Suhasini has been critical about your acting in Sivaji. Please comment.
Actually, I did not see her programme but read about it in Sify.com. She is within her rights to criticise my performance and I admire the fact that she is honest about it. But believe me, one day I will prove that I抦 an actress of substance by acting in a Mani Ratnam film! (Laughs)

Are you dubbing in your own voice for the Hindi Sivaji?
I have finished dubbing for the Hindi Sivaji. Give me some time, I will dub in my own voice for a Tamil film. It is one of my missions, probably I will request director Susi Ganesan and Vikram to help me dub for Kanthasamy .

How has ATM shaped out?
I抦 sure that my fans will adore me in ATM. I have a very cute role in it. Vijay is a nice guy to work with, I am very excited about the film and songs are amazing. I抦 there, in four out of the five songs in the film.

Why did you do the item number in Indiralokathil Na Azhagappan with Vadivel?
This folk song in Indiralokathil Na Azhagappan has shaped out well. Vadivel, is a fantastic comedian in the Jim Carrey mould. During the shoot of Sivaji, Shankar sir gave me a DVD of his Imsai Arasan 23am Pulikesi which was great fun and I became a fan of Vadivel. It is not a titillating song; it is a funny and cute Pae (ghost) song, which is surely going to be one of the highlights of the film, and a chartbuster. Since I抦 a good classical stage dancer who has won many awards, I enjoyed doing the folk song.

Tell us something about your Hollywood project?
The leading Hollywood studio MGM and Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park Films are producing The Other End of the Line for which I抦 shooting at the moment in Mumbai. It is a romantic movie about an employee at an Indian-call centre in Mumbai, who travels to San Francisco to be with the guy with whom she falls in love over the phone, during her working hours. My hero is Jesse Metcalfe the handsome hunk of the television serial Desperate Housewives.

How did you bag this prestigious project, and what are your preparations for the film?
Well, I had met Ashok Amritraj on a flight, and he thought that I suited the role. Do you know that the entire cast of the film attended a two week rehearsal camp in Mumbai before they started the shoot? After we complete the Mumbai shoot, all of us will be going to San Francisco to complete the rest of the film.

Have you signed any new film?
As of now I have completed my Hindi film, Ek with Bobby Deol and Nana Patekar, and havesigned up Mission Istanbul with Vivek Oberoi and Zayed Khan. Then I start work on Kanthasamy with Vikram, sometime in December. I抦 also likely to sign up with Ajit for a film. Nothing else has been confirmed, though I抦 being flooded with offers. As of now I抦 eagerly waiting for the Diwali release of ATM with Vijay.

I wish everyone a very happy Diwali!

A.ANAND
1st November 2007, 01:39 PM
Rahman scores musical best

Indo-Asian News Service

Tuesday, October 30, 2007: (Chennai) :

Ace composer AR Rahman's Azhagiya Thamizh Magan, his second Tamil album of the year after Sivaji that broke all records, has also become a hit.

Though it is not as good as the first one, but it disappeared from the market within moments of its arrival! That's the Rahman magic.

The award winning composer has himself lent voice to the opening number of the film that introduces the hero.

But there is one disappointing thing in the album that the gifted composer has fallen into the trap of remixes. One of the songs in the album is a remix of another popular Tamil song.

Rahman has used a lot of variations in the album including Hindustani classical, folk number with fast rhythm.

Mahen
1st November 2007, 09:18 PM
MAdhuraiku trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c2GUSgKj2Wk

thineshan54321
2nd November 2007, 01:09 AM
MAdhuraiku trailer

wow... really glad... i thought this folk number was gonna be badly picturized (overly crowded and too messy like kummi adi). on the contrast, its so clean, i especially loe the part where he sings thanjavur, (how camera zooms in better the horses) reminds me of yaro yarodi picturization (cleancut, high-class, yet village type picturization). higher quality in this link: http://www.arr4music.com/ATM_trailer01.mpeg (courtesy yahoofans).

dinesh2002
2nd November 2007, 02:24 AM
MAdhuraiku trailer

wow... really glad... i thought this folk number was gonna be badly picturized (overly crowded and too messy like kummi adi). on the contrast, its so clean, i especially loe the part where he sings thanjavur, (how camera zooms in better the horses) reminds me of yaro yarodi picturization (cleancut, high-class, yet village type picturization). higher quality in this link: http://www.arr4music.com/ATM_trailer01.mpeg (courtesy yahoofans).

thanks allot pa..... !! Sherya looks super hot!! ;)

kb
2nd November 2007, 04:50 AM
video vanthaachi... aatatha paatheengala..

full songs varatum :wink:

maduraiki pogathadi will be a Big Hit :D awesome dance..

A.ANAND
2nd November 2007, 08:54 AM
trailor release acha??

sureshmehcnit
2nd November 2007, 11:25 AM
guys, how abt taking this quiz of one of amazing BGM's

-deleted-

Don't spam!

MADDY
2nd November 2007, 12:15 PM

if u want to quote ARR fans from phone conversations and MSN chats, then i think i shuld also start quoting what others say to me on phone and MSN and live chats :lol:

selvakumar
2nd November 2007, 02:54 PM
if u want to quote ARR fans from phone conversations and MSN chats, then i think i shuld also start quoting what others say to me on phone and MSN and live chats :lol:
<dig>
:roll: :roll:
well.. that is the truth maddy.. right ? :roll:
it is a mistake on ajith side for being against sun tv. right ? :P
and obviously that would have made arr fans to feel uncomfrtable at that time .. :)
</dig>
it won't be the case for atm. :P and sakkarakati...even sivaji songs are getting telecasted now only.. if i am not wrong :)

anoops
2nd November 2007, 08:48 PM
bharathan in his interview says arr watched the movie and liked it a lot, and also that he loved the way songs were picturised 8-) 8-)

http://i14.tinypic.com/68cp9ir.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/4uejocw.jpg

Tia
2nd November 2007, 11:45 PM
which song did vj sing?

littlemaster1982
3rd November 2007, 08:39 AM
which song did vj sing?

Vijay sings all the songs onscreen :D

Wibha
3rd November 2007, 01:53 PM
i've listened to the songs just ONCE.............based on that

i like nee marylyn monroe or 's'thing a LOTTTTTT...............

madhurai pogadhea :-| oh god

other songs are cool :)

kelaamal is okay :D

selvakumar
3rd November 2007, 01:57 PM
i've listened to the songs just ONCE.............based on that

i like nee marylyn monroe or 's'thing a LOTTTTTT...............

madhurai pogadhea :-| oh god

other songs are cool :)

kelaamal is okay :D

:shock:

Wibha
3rd November 2007, 01:58 PM
:roll: ean? :shock:

stone cold
3rd November 2007, 04:12 PM
[tscii:c7addecd54]ATM audio tops the charts!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 03 November , 2007, 11:53

In audio sales among the films due for Diwali, it’s Vijay’s Azhagiya Tamil Magan, which is topping the charts. A.R Rahman’s music for Tamil superstars has always worked big time. Vijay fans have lapped up the album though it does not have typical numbers you associate with Ilayathalapathi films.

And the big surprise is that the nephew of A.R Rahman, G.V Prakash’s Pollathavan, audio is very popular with the youth and is at the number two position. The uncle and nephew between them has pushed Yuvan down in audio sales this Diwali.

Yuvan Shankar Raja’s worst nightmare has come true, as he has been on a signing spree dishing out music with factory precision. In the process his music lacked newness, as he dished out tunes for three Diwali films- Kannanmoochi Yenada, Machakaran, Vel.

Among the lot Kannanmoochi Yenada and Machakaran songs are hummable, while Vel is not his type of film and the audio is a major disappointment.

[/tscii:c7addecd54]

manmadan
3rd November 2007, 04:37 PM
[tscii:98ccbc9cc5]Rahman opines on ATM

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

November 03, 2007

Already a chartbuster, the songs of Azhagiya Tamil Magan are the talk of the town. The curiosity over its picturisation has grown many folds. At this juncture, comes the news that the background score for the movie is to be rendered by Sabesh–Murali, because the producers feared that waiting for Rahman could delay its release as it was slated to hit the screens for Deepavali.

Rahman had consented to this arrangement and so did the Film Music Director’s Association. This was a dampener of sorts considering the songs were lapped by one and all.

Now the cheerful part. The movie was screened for Rahman in a preview theatre in Chennai. The director said, “Rahman had his eyes glued to the screen during the entire show.” After watching the movie, the music director is supposed to have said that he enjoyed the movie thoroughly, so much so, that he even went on to comment that he hasn’t seen anything as entertaining recently. The director was on cloud nine when Rahman congratulated him for his awesome song picturisation

[/tscii:98ccbc9cc5]

thineshan54321
4th November 2007, 04:45 AM
whats up with marolyn manroe? it just caught my attention so suddenly. its so stylish... I LOVE THE INTRO (listen to the girl voice in the distant background, its a sound actually -- just love it). my only worry namitha... this song needs a cute hot girl, not a bulky one. what do u guys think?

Nayagan
4th November 2007, 08:24 AM
Yes..I agree..I am so hooked to "Nee Marlyn Monroe". how does ARR come up with such amazing songs??

mahen01
4th November 2007, 10:00 AM
I agree too. Namita spoils 90% of the movies she acts. She should be kicked out of TFM.

mahen01
4th November 2007, 10:19 AM
I agree too. Namita spoils 90% of the movies she acts. She should be kicked out of TFM.

prasana84
4th November 2007, 11:44 AM
I too want some hot young girl to dance for that no not a 35 year old aunty

Dragun
4th November 2007, 12:39 PM
Namitha is a remind of the fact that this film is targeted to the crass masses, if Vijay himself wasn't a reminder of that fact :)

prasana84
4th November 2007, 12:48 PM
Namitha is a remind of the fact that this film is targeted to the crass masses, if Vijay himself wasn't a reminder of that fact :)
anyway a beautiful song is gonna be spoiled. :evil:

anoops
4th November 2007, 12:58 PM
whats up with marolyn manroe? it just caught my attention so suddenly. its so stylish... I LOVE THE INTRO (listen to the girl voice in the distant background, its a sound actually -- just love it). my only worry namitha... this song needs a cute hot girl, not a bulky one. what do u guys think?
Yesterday, the celeb guest on Rahmania was Ujjayinee!!!

For many of us who are wondering about her background info, here's a summary of what she said on the show:

She is basically a Bengali, born and brought up in Tripura. Right from when she was 3, she started learning both Hindustani music and bharatnatyam. She dropped dance after a few years and continued with music. She had her own band and has made an album. She shifted to Bangalore about 6 years back for her job. She is a good friend of Mr. Noell James, thru whom she got introduced to Rahman. She had earlier sung 2 songs for tamil movie "Attagasam" composed by Bharadhwaj, who taught her tamil... She has contributed to for Taj Anthem - the hindi and bengali versions.... She said she has also sung harmonies along with Raihanah, but she didnt mention which songs...

About Nee Marylin Monroe:
"I knew it was a fun number something naughty!!! The opening itself was different, with the "uh oh uh oh" and Rahman taught me how exactly he wanted me to sing it! And then the "krrrrrr" sound which comes... He said he wanted that sound, and i tried it, but he said he wanted it a bit more softer!! I was having lots of fun doing the song, especially the "krrrr" part and was "giggling away to glory"! Rahman had recorded all of those too!! Then he said, "give me 5 minutes". He did some mixing and within 5 minutes, he played it for me and it was sounding exactly how we hear it now (jus the opening)!
And then coming on to the line "nee rock and roll il killaadi", he said he wanted me to sing it in a total rock music style! And then the next line - "saturday night party ku pogalaam", he said he wanted something cheesy - something like a cheesy cheerleader kind of voice!!!
Then there was also this soft humming (0:27 - 0:46) which was again totally different.. He brought out so many varieties of my voice in just one song!" :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

anoops
4th November 2007, 01:00 PM
incase you donno, ujjayinee of marlyn monroe fame was a participant of Arr show - ooh la la la in Sun TV - the group went out in Semis (ofcourse she started singing even before that for Arr) - you can see the video of the episode here - the first group is hers (OM - she is the lead singer)
http://oohlalala.in/tamilnadu/episode10.php
http://oohlalala.in/tamilnadu/episode6.php

Mahen
4th November 2007, 01:35 PM
I use to hate namitha but after watchin her interviews i really like her outspokeness, her effort to pick up tamil etc..She started off with viajayakanth but look at her now, shes working with ajit, vijay, simbu etc...I think directors like her bcos of her attitude..She used to be slim n hot but after an operation bcos of some injuries, her weight went up due to that..

littlemaster1982
4th November 2007, 02:17 PM
incase you donno, ujjayinee of marlyn monroe fame was a participant of Arr show - ooh la la la in Sun TV - the group went out in Semis (ofcourse she started singing even before that for Arr) - you can see the video of the episode here - the first group is hers (OM - she is the lead singer)

Wowww oh wowwwww!!!!!. I watched this episode 6 that day and liked that song (and her singing too) a lot. Never knew that she is Ujjayinee.

:ty: :ty: :ty: Anoops for the info and the links :D

anoops
4th November 2007, 02:40 PM
[tscii:5171efaba3]

Wowww oh wowwwww!!!!!. I watched this episode 6 that day and liked that song (and her singing too) a lot. Never knew that she is Ujjayinee.

:ty: :ty: :ty: Anoops for the info and the links :D
:D i had read this but little did i know that it was ATM they were referring to :P

As in the first semi final, the first round was folk fusion round and episode began with Om band, which though played a Rajasthani flavoured, north Indian based folk song. The lead singer had immense vocal prowess accompanied with good supporting music. (Again grapewine speaks, she is likely to be heard soon in ARR’s compositions).

http://oohlalala.in/tamilnadu/hotnews_episode10.php[/tscii:5171efaba3]

A.ANAND
4th November 2007, 05:47 PM
kelamal song what a beutifull melody! :omg: :omg: :omg: car driving pannkittu appadiye kettukittu pona,ahaaaa....antha sugame thani than!!!kadavukai appadiye neeril partha feeling! :musicsmile: anubavichathan thriyum! :D b.p ullavannga intha song ketta viyathi kurayalam.sure :cool2:

A.ANAND
4th November 2007, 06:01 PM
valayapatti song innum full-la kekka vida mattarar namma rahman! :lol: antha song starting sounde innum ilukuthu..nee nathaswaram-innu start aana-le manasellam 'butterfly' mathiri parakuthu!anthaye meendum meendum rewind panni keekaren.innum salikala!

prasana84
4th November 2007, 08:10 PM
All the songs are really rocking sure super hit songs

thineshan54321
4th November 2007, 09:45 PM

the best choice imo would be ileana. she is just way too :oops: for those kinda songs.

thineshan54321
4th November 2007, 09:45 PM

the best choice imo would be ileana. she is just way too :oops: for those kinda songs.

prasana84
4th November 2007, 10:16 PM

Ya but what to do namitha dancesa than pakkanum :banghead:

nickraman
4th November 2007, 10:54 PM
Compared to ATM, Bheemaa is 100x better.

ATM songs are more proof that ARR is slipping. Sify claims it rocking. Give me some rocks and I'll whack them for encouraging me to waste my money on this so called, "great" music.

Ellappughazam ---> Ooruvan Ooruvan mashed with Anbe Aaruiye title track.
Ponmagal ---> Original > Remix.
Nee Marlyin Monroe--> No tamil lyrics. "Na Aiye (poopie) pola, variya?"
Valyapatti --> Confused duet.
Kelamal --> Too much eurobeat on emphasis.

Bheemaa > ATM

Vijay fans and Rahamaniacs are praising it too much. ARR made his money, he's out of stock. I hope his "Ghajni" is good, or I'm considering ignoring him for life.

prasana84
4th November 2007, 11:49 PM

ATM songs are more proof that ARR is slipping. Sify claims it rocking. Give me some rocks and I'll whack them for encouraging me to waste my money on this so called, "great" music.

Bheemaa > ATM

Vijay fans and Rahamaniacs are praising it too much. ARR made his money, he's out of stock. I hope his "Ghajni" is good, or I'm considering ignoring him for life.

I really agree to what you say (rahman) 90's vantha musickuda eppa vara music compare pannavae mudiyathu.

But comparing it with bheema :lol: (the same hj music nothing new)

Anyway i cant agree with ur comment that arr is out of stock. Elizabeth the golden age has amazing music, sok had some great melodies.

But arr in 90's had much much much more better music than what he is doing today. It was the best unimaginable stuffs. Thats why ir went out of market

But few days before the same nickraman said the songs are good.
The songs are really superb but it cant be compared with rahman's earlier works.

Dragun
5th November 2007, 12:36 AM
ARR is the only popular MD today who has to re-establish his credibility with each and every album and if it isn't a masterpiece like Dil Se people start complaining. ATM isn't a masterpiece, but for a mass album it is often creative and quite good.

Wait until November 27th for the next ARR masterpiece :)

BTW, Enadhuyire from Bheema = "da da" bit from Nadhiye Nadhiye (Rhythm) mixed with Mayilirage (Aa Aah)

manmadan
5th November 2007, 12:52 AM

Bheemaa > ATM

Bheema songs are Sh*t man only mudazh mazai songs is good others are not all that.

ATM songs r wiked, has much more variety.

nickraman
5th November 2007, 03:31 AM

Bheemaa > ATM

I really agree to what you say (rahman) 90's vantha musickuda eppa vara music compare pannavae mudiyathu.

Anyway i cant agree with ur comment that arr is out of stock. Elizabeth the golden age has amazing music, sok had some great melodies.

But arr in 90's had much much much more better music than what he is doing today. It was the best unimaginable stuffs. Thats why ir went out of market

The songs are really superb but it cant be compared with rahman's earlier works.

My first opinion said it was decent not his best. I needed a second opinion as the songs weren't happening. Had it been a HJ or IR album, they're automatically sync in my mind.

This weekend, I played the songs at a get together, the response was poor. What I wrote there was basically the unanimous opinion of my colleagues. So we switched the songs and went for Bheemaa, the response was positive.

Everyone says that ARR has lost it these days. Barring Mayya and Rang De Basanti, he's lost any sort of credibility as a composer. Some have said that Elizabeth's OST is a good album, have to hear that next. Others commented that why would ARR of all the people stoop so low to do a remix of Ponmagal, that's what ticked them off. Someone else said that ARR shoudn't even join hands for a Vijay movie. Vijay's film require crass numbers not qawwali's and eurobeats. Something like Pokkiri is what he said.

Oh and Vayalappatti is taken from HJ's turf (Iyengaru Veetu anyone?)

thineshan54321
5th November 2007, 05:26 AM
-deleted-

littlemaster1982
5th November 2007, 07:20 AM
On the whole: AZHAGIYA THAMIZH MAGAN is a TRUE Rahman album that you leave a lasting impression. Forget Sivaji, AZHAGIYA THAMIZH MAGAN can be added as one of the top albums of 2007 along with the likes of MOZHI, CHENNAI 600028, KIREEDOM, KUMARAN, BHEEMAA, KANNAMMOCHI YENADA, SATHUM PODATHEY and now this. Only con of the album has to be the Madurai track.

http://nickraman1990.blogspot.com/

Nick,

This is your review when the album was released. You said the album leaves an everlasting impression on you and now within 3 weeks it is changed. Amazing judgement. Hats off!!!

You got to be the only person in the world who liked Rahman songs in first few listenings and have an entirely different opinion later.

and,

ARR made his money, he's out of stock.

This is the second time you are commenting about ARR making money. What's your problem? Are your favorite composers doing it for free?

I hope his "Ghajni" is good, or I'm considering ignoring him for life.

I'm really sad about this. ARR is about to loose a true critic.

Dragun
5th November 2007, 07:23 AM
The link to Valapatti and Iyengar Veetu is tenuous at best. Both are classical-based numbers, but Valayapatti is fun and jaunty and incorporates different styles and more creative things (the excellent use of morsing, for example) and back-and-forth singing, while Iyengar Veetu is a more chasted classical-based song. Anyways, doesn't the veena solo in Iyengar Veetu sound like the veena in Narumugiye from Iruvar? So once again HJ is "inspired" by ARR.

anoops
5th November 2007, 07:32 AM

I'm really sad about this. ARR is about to loose a true critic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anoops
5th November 2007, 07:34 AM
-edited-

MADDY
5th November 2007, 07:57 AM
LM, :notworthy: -lovely example of a good arguement - thats how it needs to be done :D .....i dont think Nick can have any sane reply to ur questions :wink:

nick, though i dont like to speak on ppl. here but i think u just post for sake of grabbing attention by making provocative statements and evoking strong reactions.......if u hadnt liked ATM on 2nd,3rd listenings - u shuld have been genuinely surprsed - instead u call a HJ album better than ATM - clearly shows u just wanted some reaction from ppl. here......anyways, u claimed sivaji wud flop, and wat happened was history.......and u claimed u were shankar's assistant and part of shankar's crew - :lol:

makkale, pls avoid reacting to such blatant provocations.........we are not doing any service to ARR by angrily reacting to such pppl. who deliberately provoke..... :D ......also dont use bad words in ARR forum pls :(

A.ANAND
5th November 2007, 07:58 AM
-deleted-

atm songs hit aanathula ethanai perukku vaitherical! :lol:

mahen01
5th November 2007, 09:17 AM
I would say ATM is slightly better than Bheema. But both are good albums. But I agree that Ela pugalum reminds me of Arari kodi and oruvan oruvan.. but Much better than both of them. It doesnt have a soul number.. thats the only draw back.

But if you compare to SOK and Shivaji.. ATM quality is much less than those 2 albums. SOK and shivaji - SOK is clasy.

I dont listen to Hindi albums. But since you guys praised that GURU is the best work ARR has ever done.. I watched that movie (in Hindi- always like original). Guys I will say one thing - ATM songs are much much better than Guru songs. For GURU ARR has given awsome BG.. but songs are AVERAGE. I appriciate That ARR is giving his best to TAMIL than Hindi... atleast in this case. SOK,sivaji, ATM. keep going ARR.

Only one thing bothering me.. that is ARR is doing more Hindi Movies comparing to Tamil movies.

lancelot
5th November 2007, 11:15 AM
i just dont get how ppl still compare ARR to HJ.... lol
an who is this joker nickraman? wat the hell is his problem... he comes to an ARR thread an says bad about him.... how smart

littlemaster.... that was a gooood one i cant stop lol.....

hehe

SoftSword
5th November 2007, 01:38 PM
hey i enjoyed your post nick...
expecting more from you.... :)

A.ANAND
5th November 2007, 02:36 PM
pavam mannichi vittudunnga avara! :)

kutti_anand
5th November 2007, 05:12 PM
Hi friends, this is Ananth from Bangalore.... I'm a regular reader of the threads in this forum and wished i too could participate in ur debate/argument/fight or whatever.... Am a very big fan of ARR as all u guys do.... Hope i can share my views here with all u guyz....

Well, to start with, ATM definitely rockzzzzz. But many of my friends dont share the same view with me. they are locked up with the same old vijay's formulaic songs. when something new and trendy comes ppl are hesitant to accept it. but am damn sure that all the songs gonna reach the masses when it comes with video. as always, ARR songs take sometime to grow on u (May be ARR fans can like it at the first listen, as it happened for me). Its just two weeks and i dont think its too far for other ppl to catch up with ATM fever.... :D :D :D :D

SoftSword
5th November 2007, 06:57 PM
welcome anand...
join our family and i wish you have a pleasant stay here...

and sure ATM rocks...

prasana84
5th November 2007, 10:11 PM

Bheemaa > ATM

My first opinion said it was decent not his best. I needed a second opinion as the songs weren't happening. Had it been a HJ or IR album, they're automatically sync in my mind.

This weekend, I played the songs at a get together, the response was poor. What I wrote there was basically the unanimous opinion of my colleagues. So we switched the songs and went for Bheemaa, the response was positive.

Everyone says that ARR has lost it these days. Barring Mayya and Rang De Basanti, he's lost any sort of credibility as a composer. Some have said that Elizabeth's OST is a good album, have to hear that next. Others commented that why would ARR of all the people stoop so low to do a remix of Ponmagal, that's what ticked them off. Someone else said that ARR shoudn't even join hands for a Vijay movie. Vijay's film require crass numbers not qawwali's and eurobeats. Something like Pokkiri is what he said.

Actually ungalluku comedy nalla varuthu. iyengaru and valapathy
:lol: comedya oru limittoda pannunga vayiru valikuthu :rotfl:

Ramakrishna
5th November 2007, 10:52 PM
Vijay-ARR in an interview on Suntv on thursday 9:30 am

prasana84
5th November 2007, 10:56 PM
i just dont get how ppl still compare ARR to HJ.... lol
an who is this joker nickraman? wat the hell is his problem... he comes to an ARR thread an says bad about him.... how smart

littlemaster.... that was a gooood one i cant stop lol.....

hehe

aga mothathula avara jokerravae akitingaley :lol:

prasana84
5th November 2007, 10:57 PM

kooooool :D

thineshan54321
6th November 2007, 04:37 AM

now thats valuable news. thx ramakrishna (there is still hope in this forum :lol: )

btw http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/20/
all 6 songs top ten and just as i suspected marolyn manroe is catching up (rahman magic in action)

thineshan54321
6th November 2007, 06:26 AM
btw guys in ATM ARR is back to his 90s interlude quality, especially in marolyn (bhangara in a pure western!!), valayapatti (the hindustani based raaga on that muted instrument is crazy), elaa pugazhum (nice brass coupled with processed guitar strokes), ponmagal (first interlude is nice, old and new style fusion), kelamal (the short but haunting 1st interlude is too divine), and maduraikku (peppy interludes, danceable)

all lyrics r wonderful except maduraikku... i think someone mentioned here, i agree. pa.vijay dissapoints us (he was wonderful in style in sivaji, he shouldve been better here since its folk, but somehow dissapointment. on the contrary other lyricist r excellent, especially vaali, na muthu and thamarai)

littlemaster1982
6th November 2007, 07:30 AM
Pa.Vijay is the most over-rated lyricist in TFM today. No wonder Maduraikku pogathadee has average lines.

kutti_anand
6th November 2007, 12:06 PM
welcome anand...
join our family and i wish you have a pleasant stay here...

and sure ATM rocks...

Thanks SoftSword! Am waiting eagerly for ARR-Vijay interview. And one more doubt! all these speculations that ARR is not doing the BGM for ATM is true or what? i heard that ARR is so busy and he wont be able to do BGM for the movie. If thats true, how did ARR find time for Interviews?

So, I think Namma thala thaan doing the BGM.

SoftSword
6th November 2007, 04:10 PM
there is also a news that, arr has seen the complete movie.. and the censor is also done...
it means that the bgm work is done long before... and if they have so much of time, why will they rope in sabesh murali...
GOK!! (Gossip Only Knows)

prasana84
6th November 2007, 08:17 PM
[tscii:a02d814ed7]ATM tops in behindwoods

ATM is the no.1 song in behindwoods

Album: Azhagiya Tamil Magan

Song: Ella Pugazhum

Music director: A R Rahman

Singer(s): A R Rahman

The King is back; actually he never left. Sivaji was on the charts the last time. Now that Sivaji has moved down the King is back at the top. Tough to pick out one song from the album but then we decided to start with the one which we presume will introduce the ‘Azhagiya Thamizh Magan’ to the fans. All elements of the song are just outstanding. The rhythm can get you going, the rendition has the touch of inspiration and everything you can ask for from a boy wonder turned genius. After enjoying all these listen to the song once more and this time pay attention to the lyrics. Boy… if there was ever a time to be a Vijay fan, this is it. It’s his best chance to lure in more of the urban youth thanks to Rahman.

no.2 - Bheema
no.3 - Pollathavan
no.4 - vel
no.5 - machakaran
no.6 - kannamoochi yenada

Not only sify all the media are saying that ATM rocks[/tscii:a02d814ed7]

thineshan54321
7th November 2007, 02:12 AM
[tscii:0995467f37]ATM tops in behindwoods

ATM is the no.1 song in behindwoods

Album: Azhagiya Tamil Magan

Song: Ella Pugazhum

Music director: A R Rahman

Singer(s): A R Rahman

The King is back; actually he never left. Sivaji was on the charts the last time. Now that Sivaji has moved down the King is back at the top. Tough to pick out one song from the album but then we decided to start with the one which we presume will introduce the ‘Azhagiya Thamizh Magan’ to the fans. All elements of the song are just outstanding. The rhythm can get you going, the rendition has the touch of inspiration and everything you can ask for from a boy wonder turned genius. After enjoying all these listen to the song once more and this time pay attention to the lyrics. Boy… if there was ever a time to be a Vijay fan, this is it. It’s his best chance to lure in more of the urban youth thanks to Rahman.

no.2 - Bheema
no.3 - Pollathavan
no.4 - vel
no.5 - machakaran
no.6 - kannamoochi yenada

Not only sify all the media are saying that ATM rocks[/tscii:0995467f37]

just wanted to emphasize that line. love it.

A.ANAND
7th November 2007, 06:12 AM
happy diwali to all hubber from this forum.and special wish to all a.r.rahman fans... :D
MANNIPPOM MARAPPOM!

thineshan54321
7th November 2007, 07:28 AM
happy diwali to all hubber from this forum.and special wish to all a.r.rahman fans... :D
MANNIPPOM MARAPPOM!

happy diwali anand.
HAPPY DIWALI TO EVERYBODY IN THIS FORUM!! :bluejump:

sibicalls
7th November 2007, 07:44 AM
Is the trailer out on tv? is it available anywhere online..(except for the reliance ad)