PDA

View Full Version : || Azhagiya Tamizh Magan | Bharathan | Vijay ||

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

MADDY
8th November 2007, 11:59 AM
saw the interview of ARR-Vijay on SUntv

1.ARR has done the BGM for the movie
2.ARR has done the ponmagal remix
3.Vijay says he was bowled over by ARR's BGM in the movie and wants to call him R.R.Rahman (re-recording Rahman)
4.ARR was at his humourous best, i felt mocking at vijay when asked abt his responsibilty towards shaping today's kids... :lol:
5.ARR said vijay bought out very good difference in the 2 roles in ATM and liked the movie..... :D

this is all i could gather amidst deafening cracker noises near my place......

Happy Diwali to all ARR fans.....its been a year since - Varalaaru released and ended our BO woes in tamil.....may this success story continue with ATM and Sakkarakati as well........

rooky
8th November 2007, 01:04 PM
Checkout Vijay's Bo power in Bangalore.

Tickets for Friday,saturday and sunday are freely available at PVR bangalore for all the shows :)

Unfortunately, he is nowhere close to Rajini or Kamal interms of opening in Bangalore

Here are the show listings for Friday,09 Nov 2007.

http://www.pvrcinemas.com/site/SearchResults.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------
To find out more about the movie, click on the Movie Name.
Buy tickets by clicking on the Show Timing!

Please Call 011-27944194 in New Delhi and NCR for the home delivery of tickets.

Available Almost Sold Out Sold Out
PVR Bengalooru - Classic Cinemas,Bengalooru
MOVIE NAME SHOW TIMINGS (Hrs)
AZHAGIYA TAMIL MAGAN

10:00AM (AUDI 5)01:10PM (AUDI 6)03:40PM (AUDI 5)06:50PM (AUDI 5)10:00PM (AUDI 5)

Yathu
8th November 2007, 05:32 PM

3.Vijay says he was bowled over by ARR's BGM in the movie and wants to call him R.R.Rahman (re-recording Rahman)
4.ARR was at his humourous best, i felt mocking at vijay when asked abt his responsibilty towards shaping today's kids... :lol:
5.ARR said vijay bought out very good difference in the 2 roles in ATM and liked the movie..... :D

Happy Diwali to all ARR fans.....its been a year since - Varalaaru released and ended our BO woes in tamil.....may this success story continue with ATM and Sakkarakati as well........

OW COOL! So ARR done the remix and the BGM! YAY! Will be watching ATM tonight, can't wait! I really want to watch this interview! Has anyone recorded it? If so, please upload it as soon as you can! THANKS. :D

:D :D :D HaPPY DiWaLi eVeRYoNe! :D :D :D

anoops
8th November 2007, 07:39 PM

vijay states rahman as r.r.rahman and immly arr asks, "so you didnt like the songs?" :lol: :lol: vijay was caught of guard :P
loved arr and vijay (his humbleness) in the interview - here is a link to the same -- http://www.tubetamil.com/ttntubeview_video.php?viewkey=cc491e7e6e0ac1b9f4b1

[html:5da02f2635]<object id="mediaPlayer" classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" width="400" height="424" align="undefined" vspace="5" hspace="5" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" STANDBY="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components...">
<param name="showControls" value="true">
<param name="type" value="application/x-mplayer2">
<param name="autoStart" value="true">
<param name="fileName" value="http://akvideos.metacafe.com/ItemFiles/[From%20www.metacafe.com]%20909124.5303716.1.wmv">
<param name="animationAtStart" value="true">
<param name="showStatusBar" value="true">

<param name="clickToPlay" value="false">
<param name="transparentAtStart" value="true">
<embed width="400" height="424" showcontrols="false" showDisplay="true" src="http://akvideos.metacafe.com/ItemFiles/[From%20www.metacafe.com]%20909124.5303716.1.wmv" type="application/x-mplayer2" align="undefined" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/MediaPlayer/" showstatusbar="true" showdisplay="False" autostart="true" hspace="5" vspace="5"></embed>
</object>[/html:5da02f2635]

Video embed added by RR

Yathu
8th November 2007, 08:29 PM
:ty: :ty: :ty: Anoops :D

Mahen
9th November 2007, 09:28 AM
Guys watched ATM.The movie suck big time..It was like watching a vijaykanth movie..The movie started off promisingly but i went haywire towards the 2nd half..The climax shows that the director didnt knwo how to end the movie...I was so disappointed with the story that i didnt even pay attention to ARR's bgm..But the songs and visuals rock..The choreography is superb for ellapugalum..I doubt aTM will work at the BO but i hope it will do well as its an important movie for arr-vijay combo and shreya..Only they can save ATM..Wish i cud whip Bharathan's ass for his awful script..

Watch ATM for the SONGS,SHREYA AND VIJAY

kutti_anand
9th November 2007, 02:08 PM
Guys watched ATM.... The movie was ok...... Songs were picturised well. the BGM was also good.... But most of the time, our thala has instrumented the tunes of the songs itself as BGM, but that also sounds good. Vijay has acted well. Showed good diff b/w the two roles. But Namitha and Graphics were the spoiling aspects in the movie in my POV. The story is good. Screenplay could have been done better without commercial elements like Shakeela, Namitha..... Santhanam comedy is good..... Climax thaan Bada sothappal...... Shriya pesi pesiye villain-a thiruthara...... enna kodumai sir ithu!!!!!!!!
ATM not upto the expectation, but can watch once if u r a vijay fan.

And songs innum reach aagala nu nenaikaren. Makkal ellarum dum katta poitaanga during songs.... Enaku sangadama pochu...... :(

A.ANAND
9th November 2007, 04:36 PM
Songs potta dum adikka pogarathu onnum puthusu illaye kutti anand sir!songs potta sila per elunthu povathu sagajam than.ithula feel panna onnum illa.rajini songs vanthalum elunthu dum adikka povannga :lol:

i will wacth midnigth show today!i dont worry vijay movie verdic :) maniratnam movie-la vijay act panna etho sollalam.vijay is 200%mass masala entertainer,avar movie-la logic ellam paaka koodathu :lol: ponama,padam pattingala enjoy panningala athoda stop panniranum.thiruppathi,thirumalai,thiruppachi,gill i and pokiri ellam enna national award winning movie-ah?intha movie ellam release aana pothu ella media-vum negatif-ah than review pannanga.aana intha movie movie ellam super hit.athu mathiri ippa atm.
kavalaiya vidunnga, vijay fans padam eppadi irunthalum hit akkiduvangga. :lol:naam deivam a.r.rahman music potta padam hit aana athu pothum enakku! :D

A.ANAND
9th November 2007, 04:44 PM
song innum reach agala innu solla mudiyathu,because all over the world audio relesae aana piragu,sivaji-ikku song
mathiri atm songs hit agiduchi athaan unmai.innga malaysia radio channel-la atm song daily pottu pattaya kelapparannga :thumbsup: no doubt atm songs big hit 4 arr afer sivaji success! :D

kutti_anand
9th November 2007, 10:16 PM
song innum reach agala innu solla mudiyathu,because all over the world audio relesae aana piragu,sivaji-ikku song
mathiri atm songs hit agiduchi athaan unmai.innga malaysia radio channel-la atm song daily pottu pattaya kelapparannga :thumbsup: no doubt atm songs big hit 4 arr afer sivaji success! :D

I didnt have much expectations on this movie coz it has vijay and will be the same usual stuff. but etho different nu sonnathaala, nambi ponen.... En sangadam enna na innum konjam nalla eduthirukalam. thala music-a konjam justify pannirukalam.... ippo intha padam flop aana, all ppl will tell, arr-vijay combo unlucky nu. songs nalla iruka illaya nu avangaluku kavalai illa. aana, padam odanum. padam odinathaan paatu reach aagum. evlo peru cd, cassette vaangi paatu kekaraanga? ellam tv la telecast panratha thaan kepaanga. suppose padam aapu adichithuna, songs-um flop thaan.... udhaya songs evlo peruku theriyum nu sollunga!!!! songs were good in udhaya, but irunthum, velaiku aagala....

prasana84
10th November 2007, 12:21 AM

I didnt have much expectations on this movie coz it has vijay and will be the same usual stuff. but etho different nu sonnathaala, nambi ponen.... En sangadam enna na innum konjam nalla eduthirukalam. thala music-a konjam justify pannirukalam.... ippo intha padam flop aana, all ppl will tell, arr-vijay combo unlucky nu. songs nalla iruka illaya nu avangaluku kavalai illa. aana, padam odanum. padam odinathaan paatu reach aagum. evlo peru cd, cassette vaangi paatu kekaraanga? ellam tv la telecast panratha thaan kepaanga. suppose padam aapu adichithuna, songs-um flop thaan.... udhaya songs evlo peruku theriyum nu sollunga!!!! songs were good in udhaya, but irunthum, velaiku aagala....
Hi kutti anand songs reach nalla irukku in chennai even in local area they were playing atm songs in speakers(pothuva srikanth deva, s.a.rajkumar, devi sri prasad pattuthan odum:lol: ). local guys were singing ella pugalum and prising the songs. but padam flop analum pattu hittanathuku oru chinna example sillunu oru kadhal

Yathu
10th November 2007, 01:01 AM
This looked promising in the first half, but after the intermission its ABSOLUTE RUBBISH! There's no other way to describe it! OMG the ending is BEYOND SILLY. Anyways heres the positives and negatives:

Positives:

- Picturisation of songs, mostly done very well. However, Kelamal recieved some chopping (some of the interludes were cut out!), and im sure they done something to the Marilyn Monroe song aswel.
- First half, ESP flashes were really quite thrilling
- Vijay's comedy style, as usual very good

Negatives:

- The whole of the second half!
- The dumbest ending ever written. (eventhough I did leave the cinema laughing at the sillyness of it!)

Also, could anyone tell the difference between the good Vijay and the bad Vijay? They seemed like the same character to me!

Verdict: 4/10

Very disappointed, was expecting more after Pokkiri.

A.ANAND
10th November 2007, 03:14 PM
Thirupachi,thirumalai,pokirri ellam pakka masala movie than athuve hit agum bothu,atm hit agatha?ennakku nanbikai innum irukku movie nichayam hit agum innu.vijay fans eppadiyum ottiduvannga.'puluthu' pona unnale unnale movie songs ellam sun t.v-la pottu hit agum bothu atm songs pottu hit akkamattangala??? :) prasanna sonna mathiri movie flop aanalum song super hit aagum!

A.ANAND
10th November 2007, 03:19 PM
yaarvathu a.r.rahman kalaizhar t.v interview iruntha podunngappa unngalukku punniyama pogum.

Dragun
11th November 2007, 12:33 AM
Anand, ATM-ku kattaayama super opening kidaikkum. Aanaal padam odumaa?

Music4Ever
11th November 2007, 07:18 AM
Saw ATM today. The opening number is awesome. Well choreographed by Lawrence(?) and executed by Vijay. The movie was entertaining in the first half but became a drag from the middle part of the second half. The last number VaLayaptti appeared forced and was not at all necessary at that moment. Vijay has done adequately throughout. Better times are smiling at ARR. 2008 will be very good for him, just like 1999 was.

thineshan54321
11th November 2007, 07:30 AM
Saw ATM today. The opening number is awesome. Well choreographed by Lawrence(?) and executed by Vijay. The movie was entertaining in the first half but became a drag from the middle part of the second half. The last number VaLayaptti appeared forced and was not at all necessary at that moment. Vijay has done adequately throughout. Better times are smiling at ARR. 2008 will be very good for him, just like 1999 was.

what do u mean??? we keep saying this every year. whats wrong with ATM?? ppl r loving the music, ppl r loving the song picturizations, and most ppl r loving the movie. i think ARR had a fine year with sivaji, and ATM.

Music4Ever
11th November 2007, 08:30 AM
"what do u mean??? we keep saying this every year. whats wrong with ATM?? ppl r loving the music, ppl r loving the song picturizations, and most ppl r loving the movie. i think ARR had a fine year with sivaji, and ATM"

Even if the song is good to listen it must be pictured well -- the camera work, choreography etc. And it must be a song that the TV networks would telecast again and again. Such things happened infrequently for ARR's good songs in the last several years. The way the opening number appears in this movie, its popularity will rise even further. Simply awesome -- tune, ARR's singing, orchestration, lyrics, choreography, cinematography, Vijay's steps -- all have jelled well. And ARR is coming out of his bad phase of 7-1/2 years! Next year is his birth number year (he will be 42). All I meant was that his stars are shining well and truly at the moment and for at least another year, if not more. BTW this opening number beats any of the Sivaji numbers. It is an amalgam of several intangibles that will make it a roaring hit. [/quote]

thineshan54321
11th November 2007, 09:38 AM
"what do u mean??? we keep saying this every year. whats wrong with ATM?? ppl r loving the music, ppl r loving the song picturizations, and most ppl r loving the movie. i think ARR had a fine year with sivaji, and ATM"

Even if the song is good to listen it must be pictured well -- the camera work, choreography etc. And it must be a song that the TV networks would telecast again and again. Such things happened infrequently for ARR's good songs in the last several years. The way the opening number appears in this movie, its popularity will rise even further. Simply awesome -- tune, ARR's singing, orchestration, lyrics, choreography, cinematography, Vijay's steps -- all have jelled well. And ARR is coming out of his bad phase of 7-1/2 years! Next year is his birth number year (he will be 42). All I meant was that his stars are shining well and truly at the moment and for at least another year, if not more. BTW this opening number beats any of the Sivaji numbers. It is an amalgam of several intangibles that will make it a roaring hit. [/quote]

i c what u meant. ya i was frustrated by ARR's songs being wasted for many years.

Mahen
11th November 2007, 09:11 PM
Sun tv and sun music r only popularizing madhuraiku pogathade at moment..Havent seen any other songs yet on tv..the intro song n kelammal were brilliantly shot,hope they will show it soon

prasana84
11th November 2007, 11:25 PM
Sun tv and sun music r only popularizing madhuraiku pogathade at moment..Havent seen any other songs yet on tv..the intro song n kelammal were brilliantly shot,hope they will show it soon
Kavala padathinga unga asai neraiverum shivaji patta 100 days apparumthan telecast pannanga but atm patta sekiram poduvanga

always
12th November 2007, 01:04 AM
y did arr even think about directing for movies like atm :banghead: :cry: :cry2: :cry3: :evil:

thineshan54321
12th November 2007, 03:07 AM
y did arr even think about directing for movies like atm :banghead: :cry: :cry2: :cry3: :evil:

relax, y do u guys always have to worry about the past. just forget it. imo, ARR did the right move. He signed up for movies that will reach the ppl, now if he does a class album, ppl will buy and appreciate the music. most ppl dont even know that ARR did KKS or other such albums. now everyone will be on the lookout for music by ARR, not just his fans. i havent seen the movie yet, but i heard songs r picturized wonderfully and nice comedy too. thats enough. screw logic, there r movies that are based entirely on real life and its made of just logic.

A.ANAND
12th November 2007, 06:16 AM
Anand, ATM-ku kattaayama super opening kidaikkum. Aanaal padam odumaa?
vijay fans ottiduvannga!pokiri,thirupachi ellam ottalaya? :D

Wibha
12th November 2007, 11:18 AM

relax, y do u guys always have to worry about the past. just forget it. imo, ARR did the right move. He signed up for movies that will reach the ppl, now if he does a class album, ppl will buy and appreciate the music. most ppl dont even know that ARR did KKS or other such albums. now everyone will be on the lookout for music by ARR, not just his fans. i havent seen the movie yet, but i heard songs r picturized wonderfully and nice comedy too. thats enough. screw logic, there r movies that are based entirely on real life and its made of just logic.

maybe......but still it hurts to see that such good songs have not got the PROPER recognition :( ponmagal is SUCH a good remix but the picturisation :huh:

A.ANAND
12th November 2007, 12:07 PM

maybe......but still it hurts to see that such good songs have not got the PROPER recognition :( ponmagal is SUCH a good remix but the picturisation :huh:
koranngu[monkey]kaila poomalai kedacha mathirithan!barathan is real 'koranngu' :lol:

A.ANAND
12th November 2007, 12:26 PM
[tscii:1c8a3cc80b]FI R on Diwali Releases!
By Moviebuzz | Monday, 12 November , 2007, 09:53
It is early days, but the First Information Report (FIR) on Diwali films four days after its release, clearly indicate that it is going to be a lukewarm festival season. There are no super hits, and the public opinion on the Diwali releases is not very encouraging.

Added to that, super hit films (Ghilli, Godfather, Madurai, E, Dishum, Chennai-60028) on television and India-Pak ODI at Mohali on Diwali day and later Kanpur ODI on Sunday, ate into box-office collections of Tamil films.

And in Chennai city the demand for Shah Rukh Khan's Om Shanti Om was more than any other Diwali releases, though it was playing in four screens!

At the Box-Office in Tamilnadu-

Azhagiya Tamil Magan and Vel are neck-to-neck throughout Tamilnadu, with ATM having an edge in urban areas (ticket prices are more) and the fantastic opening on Diwali day, while Vel is scoring heavily in B & C stations of Madurai, Salem and TK. But distributors unanimously feel that Vel is a safe bet in the long run.

Polladhavan which started slowly is picking up especially in urban areas, and is very good in Chennai city, Chengalpet and Coimbatore. It has potential to pick up big time, in the coming days. Kannanmoochi Yaenada is collecting only at Sathyam and Inox in Chennai and Mayajaal in NSC area, rest of the state it is a goner, while Machakaran collections are uniformly bad across the state.

Says Jayavel Murugan, leading distributor for Tamil movies in US : “Azhagiya Tamil Magan and Vel have opened in 20 cities across America. I had brought both the films at record prices and is comfortable with the turnout. Added to that ATM audio is a chartbuster in USA”.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.
[/tscii:1c8a3cc80b]

thineshan54321
14th November 2007, 04:23 AM
guys altho ATM's climax (story) not too good. ARR is being praised both critically and commercially. great sign. just like old days when even movie was flop the music would be acclaimed by everyone. good to see. just wished that the movie was as good as the music. And I cant beleive they cut out the best part of valayapatti (the raaga mania). damn it.

A.ANAND
14th November 2007, 04:41 PM
Rahman rules Tamil charts
Aparna Nath [Monday, November 12, 2007]
Email this article.

Azhagiya Thamizh Magan : | Review | Stills | Wallpapers | Discussion

Chennai, Nov 13 (IANS) A.R. Rahman's second Tamil album "Azhagiya Thamizh Magan" is a hit with Vijay fans lapping it up. Of all the Diwali releases, only Rahman and his nephew Prakash's albums have done well.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. "Azhagiya Thamizh Magan"- Music Director: A.R. Rahman. The album is a hit with Vijay fans. The remix of "Pon magal vanthal", a T.M. Soundararajan song, is the biggest hit.

2. "Pollathavan" - Music Director: G.V. Prakash. Another remix makes it to the top. Yogi B's rendition of the 1970s' song "Engeyum eppothum" by S.P. Balasubramaniam in "Ninaithale Inikkum" has enthralled the new generation.

3. "Satham Podathey" - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. None of Yuvan's Diwali albums are up to the mark, but his music for "Satham Podathey" is still popular.

4. "Bheema" - Music Director: Harris Jayaraj. The song "Mudhal mazhai" is the best number in "Bheema".

5. "Thamizh MA" - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. "Paravaiya ennai", sung by maestro Ilayaraja for his son, is the pick of the album.

A.ANAND
14th November 2007, 04:41 PM
'Azhagiya Thamizh Magan' is the best Diwali release
Aparna Nath [Monday, November 12, 2007]
Email this article.

Azhagiya Thamizh Magan : | Review | Stills | Wallpapers | Discussion

Chennai, Nov 13 (IANS) Vijay starrer "Azhagiya Thamizh Magan" got a fantastic opening and is clearly the number one among Diwali releases. Surya's "Vel" is close behind.

The top five Tamil films are:

1. "Azhagiya Thamizh Magan" - Director: Bharathan. A huge disappointment as far as the quality of the film is concerned, but the Vijay starrer received a fantastic opening. Like all Vijay films, this one will make money too.

2. "Vel" - Director: Hari. Though it is a commercial potboiler, Hari has managed to make a neat film and Surya has come up with a restrained performance.

3. "Kannamoochi Enada" - Director: Priya. This is the best of all the Diwali releases. It is a light comedy, just like Priya's first film "Kanda Naal Muthal". Among the actors, Satyraj is superb.

4. "Polladhavan" - Director: Vetrimaran. Another underworld film; Dhanush has done his job competently.

5. "Machakaran" - Director: Tamilvanan. The most boring film released this Diwali. Jeevan will definitely not have a hat-trick.

ThalaNass
16th November 2007, 02:07 PM
now ma fav atm song is "Maduraiku" 8-) 8-) 8-)

SoftSword
16th November 2007, 02:57 PM
now after watching the movie...
i have started liking the ponmagal vandhaal most...

prasana84
16th November 2007, 10:57 PM
Valayapatti is the best song for me but after seeing the visual :banghead:
Anyway the song is awesome

thineshan54321
17th November 2007, 01:29 AM
Valayapatti is the best song for me but after seeing the visual :banghead:
Anyway the song is awesome

can u believe that they cut out the best part in valayapatti? who does that???

sharus1000
20th November 2007, 02:09 AM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/files/

sharus1000
20th November 2007, 02:10 AM
ATM BGM AT http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/files/

sharus1000
20th November 2007, 02:11 AM
The intro music for shriya is the best intro given by rahman to a female lead simply melts ...........fabulous....

SoftSword
20th November 2007, 11:05 AM
ATM BGM AT http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/files/

where is the bgm...
the link says the folders are empty....

sharus1000
20th November 2007, 12:13 PM
dude its nt in a folder...two files called ATM- ant bgm and ATM- best ever by arr...its the kellamal humm by madhushree got shades of vajji as she sung that too....but it simply superb which everyone ll feel....

SoftSword
20th November 2007, 03:08 PM
oh thanks...

thineshan54321
20th November 2007, 09:51 PM
damn amazing, melts me away. ilove these kinda BG from Rahman.

shocker
21st November 2007, 04:59 AM
could someone possibly upload this on another host??

thanks

thineshan54321
21st November 2007, 06:07 AM
welcome guys, i think we have some new vijay and now vijay-arr fans from the ppl coming in after ATM released. warm welcome to y'all.

shocker
21st November 2007, 10:27 PM
thanks thineshan

been reading for a while but itching to hear the bgm...
havent got a yahoo password so a bit long!

sharus1000
22nd November 2007, 12:45 AM
its here
http://rapidshare.com/files/71075451/ATM_BGM.zip

shocker
22nd November 2007, 12:53 AM
nice one dude!

thineshan54321
25th November 2007, 09:10 PM
watched ATM. i really enjoyed it. I like it more than pokkiri and the songs obviously have to do with that. Vijay's acting was nice. And RAHMAN? solavethevela! during ESP, the BGM was nerve-wrecking, the only time i had a similiar feeling was when i heard KM BGM.

coucou
25th November 2007, 11:40 PM
New directors with whom ARR associated don't managed to live up expectations: SOK now ATM. The real return for ARR in TFM would be a new combinaison with a hit movie!! I hope that Sakrakatti will fulfill it!!

thineshan54321
26th November 2007, 05:41 AM
New directors with whom ARR associated don't managed to live up expectations: SOK now ATM. The real return for ARR in TFM would be a new combinaison with a hit movie!! I hope that Sakrakatti will fulfill it!!

the movie for which ARR shouldve been associated with is billa. i saw the trailer, for a bit, i thot it was a hollywood movie. truly exceptional direction. but atm wasnt as bad as ppl said it was. now i know most r just ajith fans. i enjoed the movie. the placement of the songs were apt. they weren't forced in (except valaya).

rayan36
26th November 2007, 07:23 AM
the movie for which ARR shouldve been associated with is billa. i saw the trailer, for a bit, i thot it was a hollywood movie. truly exceptional direction. but atm wasnt as bad as ppl said it was. now i know most r just ajith fans. i enjoed the movie. the placement of the songs were apt. they weren't forced in (except valaya).

I haven't watched ATM yet, but yeah I agree with you that ARR should've associated with movies like Billa, man what a waste :cry:

MADDY
26th November 2007, 07:33 AM
now i know most r just ajith fans. i enjoed the movie. the placement of the songs were apt. they weren't forced in (except valaya).

no thinehsan, even vijay fans like Kb,Warden, KF were not too pleased with the director's efforts :oops: ........and i certainly know its a bad film - though u may have liked it.......esp. , if u look at movies like polladhavan - i'm really embarassed that ARR has such a poor script selection sense :cry: ..........

and for ajith fans, they were ok with criticism.........btw, ARR fans and Ajith fans are longest standing frnds in HUB :wink: ......do u know, varalaaru,ajith and ARR swept all HUB polls last year......just wait till next ajith-ARR venture :wink:

thineshan54321
26th November 2007, 07:55 AM
now i know most r just ajith fans. i enjoed the movie. the placement of the songs were apt. they weren't forced in (except valaya).

no thinehsan, even vijay fans like Kb,Warden, KF were not too pleased with the director's efforts :oops: ........and i certainly know its a bad film - though u may have liked it.......esp. , if u look at movies like polladhavan - i'm really embarassed that ARR has such a poor script selection sense :cry: ..........

and for ajith fans, they were ok with criticism.........btw, ARR fans and Ajith fans are longest standing frnds in HUB :wink: ......do u know, varalaaru,ajith and ARR swept all HUB polls last year......just wait till next ajith-ARR venture :wink:

ya i really cant wait for ARR-Ajith. during godfather times, eventho songs were that good (i mean compared to ATM etc), ppl were too excited, was very active.
atm would've easily been a great movie if the climax was better. but the starting and songs especially were really good. i think its the songs that shadowed a "bad" movie? like after a song sequence (because it was placed in a good spot), i would only remember the good things until that point.

the esp scenes were top class imo. w/e hope sakarakatti satisfies everyone. the only thing that makes me happy now is ARR is truly in form now. it started off with athiradee in sivaji (true ARR form) and continued in ATM (all songs). at this time, he should be associated with good directors, movies. if he did billa, man the movie and the music wouldve scored big. i heard audio samples: "My name is Billa" cmon this is not the music that must be given for a movie that looks so matrixy, hi-tech.

also maddy, ARR said that he doesnt hear the full story, just scnes before and after song part. so maybe thats why???

Mahen
26th November 2007, 07:27 PM
Guys billa sucks..Thank god no threat to atm..Billa is too loud n noisy..

Ramakrishna
26th November 2007, 07:40 PM
Guys billa sucks..Thank god no threat to atm..Billa is too loud n noisy..

Is this post really necessary here? Who cares here if Billa sucks or mucks. Understand that some other MD's failure doesn't imply ARR's success. As an ARR fan, I request you to post only relevant stuffs.

coucou
26th November 2007, 10:49 PM
I didn't think ARR have poor script selection remember RDB!! I want reallay that he composes for the movie for youngs like unnale or for classical with actors or directors who are not so famous like jeeva, like movie tamil MA or Paruthiveeran!!

A.ANAND
27th November 2007, 07:01 AM
yes!i agree with coucou,rahman has poor script selection sence-innu sollarathu ellam sari illai.entha padam hit aagum flop aagum innu yaarukku theriyum.illayaraja kodukkatha hit flop-pa??

first vijay s.j.surya voda 'puli'than rahman pannaratha irunthathu!but antha project drop aanathala,vera vali illama barathan vechu atm pannaratha pochu![producer-rin anbu thollai veru]rahman than intha movie pannanum innu!but movie :roll:' koranngu kaila poomalai kedacha mathiri' ayiduchu!beatifull songs,weist achu :oops:

A.ANAND
27th November 2007, 07:01 AM
yes!i agree with coucou,rahman has poor script selection sence-innu sollarathu ellam sari illai.entha padam hit aagum flop aagum innu yaarukku theriyum.illayaraja kodukkatha hit flop-pa??

first vijay s.j.surya voda 'puli'than rahman pannaratha irunthathu!but antha project drop aanathala,vera vali illama barathan vechu atm pannaratha pochu![producer-rin anbu thollai veru]rahman than intha movie pannanum innu!but movie :roll:' koranngu kaila poomalai kedacha mathiri' ayiduchu!beatifull songs,weist achu :oops:

A.ANAND
27th November 2007, 07:03 AM
Yuvan's great escape!

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 24 November , 2007, 12:47

Yuvan Shankar Raja has bounced back to the top slot! Yuvan was down in the dumps as he was overshadowed by A.R Rahman and his ATM audio selling more than all his three Diwali releases- Kannanmoochi Yaenada, Machakaran, Vel put together. Music critics had rubbished Vel as his worst album, and sales were bad.
But post Diwali, with Hari's Vel emerging as the winner at Tamilnadu box-office, there is a huge grin on Yuvan's face, though his other two films failed to impress. Today two songs from Vel- Ottraikannale Une Pathe?/I> sung by Haricharan and Sucharita picturised on Surya and Asin in Switzerland and Aayiram Janaal Veedu?/I> sung by Premji, Rahul and Vadivel, and picturised on the happy family are topping the charts!

The irony of it is that pre-Diwali nobody wanted to buy Vel CD's as ATM music was a rage. Today the tables have been turned though ATM has far better tunes, picturisation and quality of music! The bottom line is that if a film becomes a hit, its music too slowly picks up with the listeners.

Come Monday (November 26), Yuvan has more reasons to celebrate, as the audio of Ajit's Billa will release across the world. Ajit loyal fan base are geared up to buy Ayngaran Audio's Billa, which has two terrific re-mix numbers and three other songs which are sure going to be chartbusters. The music trade is expecting Yuvan's Billa audio to take as impressive opening as this years toppers A.R Rahman's Sivaji and ATM albums!

sloshed
28th November 2007, 12:56 AM
Heading, Headaches and heartaches !!!

Frankly I used to boast to my noth friends that tamil moives are better than hindi movies and that hindi movies are all gloss and no substance.....Now I think I need a perfect hiding spot!

Imagine Scenario Number 1:

Sitting : ARR & Bharathan :

Bharathan: Sir, hero is coming to participate in a race, on his path, there are wires , butterfly saves him, then we have a fight and then opening song...

ARR: Oho, its different..very different... let us try to do a preachy number since hero has a mass image...

and then we see the hero ..dancing.. dancing and more dancing throughout the song...are we to listen whats being said in the song or watch him dance.. (looks like hero changed his regular choreographer)

Press conference : ARR: "Watched the movie ..its different"

I wish ARR had walked out of the movie ..atleast when he saw Vijay competing with Sreeman in the race....Oh I wish!!

Maddy, I completely concur with you ... ARR lacks script sense.. I dont think for a moment he likes to tinker with the director's idea and put his foot down.. Maybe its becos he is just tooooo nice to even say anything to anybody....

Scenario 2:
Sitting : Hari and YSR
Hari: Hero is bringing oil to the village...villains block him ...hero starts mouthing punch dialogue..."Petrol pathikunnu eriyum,,palm oil vittu vittu eriyum blah blah blah.."
(P.S best comment was in the theatre :
Villakennai konjam pothikittu erinja nalla erukum!)
and then fight ...and then song

YSR:..super..its different... patha vachieruvom!!

Just heard from media " Vel is superhit!!"

Now to the title:
Where are we heading guyz!? None of you got headaches and preferable heartaches while watching the movie?"

As for ATM, the songs seems forced as forced can get!.. the only song which has a play going for it is the "Maduraakiu"..other than that ,,, "Nee Marylin" ? (frankly nobody would have even noticed if the song wasnt there)... Valyapatti ..the director tries to do a "Randakka randakka"..falls flat...

Dude get this rule right in tfm
"Nobody wants to watch a villain romancing a heroine...even if the villain is a double act!!"

When the climax is being butchered by everybody ..almost everybody .. how did the ATM team .. including ARR get it wrong...just how... didnt they watch the movie before they released it!!??

I though Vel is the worst movie I saw in a long time... then came ATM to sort the order... talent..talent...so much for it...

And then our "fans".... Maddy I try not to satire...but just cant help it.... look at this forum... Now that Vel is a superhit.. YSR fans are put a stake to form the next government ... I cringed at ATM becos my expectation of ARR is huge.. I didnt write anything about YSR...becos I have no expectations about him...VEL is int even worth in the thrashbox...u need to empty the thrash becos I dont want other files to know that there once exsisted such music as well.. same goes for Machakkaran....

Yuvan is nice when you dont expect anything from him .. I loved his "Megam Megam"...when fans here were carrying a torch for "Sanjaram".. (which I thought was nuthing special!!) .. my instinct was right as Megam Megam remains the most popular song from that film...I will have to start to post in YSR forums..becos servitude over there is running overtime.. for no reason at all...

As far ARR...I will always remember him for not being able to put his foot down and say .. "dude I think its crap!"...When will ARR discover a Bala?

Maddy .. once again I have to concur with you ... watched some scenes from Pollathavan ... you dont need to watch the whole movie to just a director's capability ...just few scenes will do ... I think from whatever I saw.. Pollathavan ..will be an awwesome story telling!! atleast now I will hire some programmers to hack into IMDB.. to remove trace history of ATM..VEL...(I am sure there must be may more as well..)

BTW: is any of you (living in the US?)..into screenwriting...

thineshan54321
28th November 2007, 01:36 AM
Yuvan's great escape!

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 24 November , 2007, 12:47

Yuvan Shankar Raja has bounced back to the top slot! Yuvan was down in the dumps as he was overshadowed by A.R Rahman and his ATM audio selling more than all his three Diwali releases- Kannanmoochi Yaenada, Machakaran, Vel put together. Music critics had rubbished Vel as his worst album, and sales were bad.
But post Diwali, with Hari's Vel emerging as the winner at Tamilnadu box-office, there is a huge grin on Yuvan's face, though his other two films failed to impress. Today two songs from Vel- Ottraikannale Une Pathe?/I> sung by Haricharan and Sucharita picturised on Surya and Asin in Switzerland and Aayiram Janaal Veedu?/I> sung by Premji, Rahul and Vadivel, and picturised on the happy family are topping the charts!

The irony of it is that pre-Diwali nobody wanted to buy Vel CD's as ATM music was a rage. Today the tables have been turned though ATM has far better tunes, picturisation and quality of music! The bottom line is that if a film becomes a hit, its music too slowly picks up with the listeners.

Come Monday (November 26), Yuvan has more reasons to celebrate, as the audio of Ajit's Billa will release across the world. Ajit loyal fan base are geared up to buy Ayngaran Audio's Billa, which has two terrific re-mix numbers and three other songs which are sure going to be chartbusters. The music trade is expecting Yuvan's Billa audio to take as impressive opening as this years toppers A.R Rahman's Sivaji and ATM albums!

Correction: The views expressed in the article are a YSR fan's and not of Sify.com

:lol:

same opening as sivaji and atm??? what a joke. the songs suck.

dinesh2002
30th November 2007, 09:31 AM
i saw Valayapathi Picturisation .... i have no idea y everyone is comparing this with Randakka... just becoz of the colourful costumes & bus?? :roll:

yea...the picturisation was abit the let down....but nevertheless, some parts was awesome!!... i loved how Shreya did her entrance [her graceful running into the screen in slow motion] while the " Nee nathaswaram poole vanthaaa" :clap:

the dissapointing part was the beautiful raag compilation chopped off.... what on earth!?!?! thats 1 of the highlights of the song.... and they chopped it off...

i liked the settings allot though... very very rich!! THEY SHOULD have picturised the Raag Compilation part.... dammit!!!! :evil:

Shreya was awesome in the song!!! :)

thineshan54321
30th November 2007, 06:08 PM
i saw Valayapathi Picturisation .... i have no idea y everyone is comparing this with Randakka... just becoz of the colourful costumes & bus?? :roll:

yea...the picturisation was abit the let down....but nevertheless, some parts was awesome!!... i loved how Shreya did her entrance [her graceful running into the screen in slow motion] while the " Nee nathaswaram poole vanthaaa" :clap:

the dissapointing part was the beautiful raag compilation chopped off.... what on earth!?!?! thats 1 of the highlights of the song.... and they chopped it off...

i liked the settings allot though... very very rich!! THEY SHOULD have picturised the Raag Compilation part.... dammit!!!! :evil:

Shreya was awesome in the song!!! :)

i was very dissapointed upon seeing that also dinesh. how can they chop it off???? the director prolly didnt get what ARR was doing there, so he thot it was just whatever. otherthan that i liked th epicturization of all the songs actually.

SoftSword
30th November 2007, 06:15 PM
thats cos, neither vijay nor shreya deserve to act for those raaga stuff...
just imagine how it would have gone if they have made like vijay spealling those ragas... and shreya too replies with hers...

its better they cut if off, than spoil that sequence...

dinesh2002
30th November 2007, 09:11 PM
thats cos, neither vijay nor shreya deserve to act for those raaga stuff...
just imagine how it would have gone if they have made like vijay spealling those ragas... and shreya too replies with hers...

its better they cut if off, than spoil that sequence...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good point....

music man
30th November 2007, 10:28 PM
Yes friends!!! As a hardcore ARR fan, I had to admit tat ARR has to improve upon his choice of movies...How many times can we see great songs going waste because of a poor movie....

ATM movie was good in patches...Surprisingly no one mentions the "Ella Pugazhum" song...IMHO tat was one of the best songs tat had come this year...Coupled with Premnath's superb choreography(Vijay's unbelievable dance steps)this song could have topped the charts if the movie was marketed better and if the movie was a hit...

But sadly everything failed...Yesterday I could only laugh seeing Madan's Thirai Paarvai...He said the songs are not good giving thumps up only to Maduraikku(for the beats)and Pon Mahal vandhaal(for preserving the old tune)....
Ithukku mela super ah eppadi songs kodukka mudiyum????

ARR tried working with a new director...But the movie let him down....
See the songs in the movie...
1) Ella Pughazhum->Great music, great song....Brilliant rendering by Rahman...
2) Kelaamal--->Good melody...absolutely hit material
3) Madhuraikku--->already grt hit..
4) Marlyn Manroe-->Another techno song...Superb song--Namitha spoiled the song..
5) Valayaapathi--->Another great song--May be picturisation let it down...
6) Pon Magal--->Already topping charts...

Wat else can poor Rahman do??? I thought Madan is unbiased...But he was a bit too harsh criticising the entire movie....Rerecording was good in the movie(barring a few fight sequences)...Madan didn't appreciate the RR part as well...

A.ANAND
1st December 2007, 01:41 PM
Yes friends!!! As a hardcore ARR fan, I had to admit tat ARR has to improve upon his choice of movies...How many times can we see great songs going waste because of a poor movie....

ATM movie was good in patches...Surprisingly no one mentions the "Ella Pugazhum" song...IMHO tat was one of the best songs tat had come this year...Coupled with Premnath's superb choreography(Vijay's unbelievable dance steps)this song could have topped the charts if the movie was marketed better and if the movie was a hit...

But sadly everything failed...Yesterday I could only laugh seeing Madan's Thirai Paarvai...He said the songs are not good giving thumps up only to Maduraikku(for the beats)and Pon Mahal vandhaal(for preserving the old tune)....
Ithukku mela super ah eppadi songs kodukka mudiyum????

ARR tried working with a new director...But the movie let him down....
See the songs in the movie...
1) Ella Pughazhum->Great music, great song....Brilliant rendering by Rahman...
2) Kelaamal--->Good melody...absolutely hit material
3) Madhuraikku--->already grt hit..
4) Marlyn Manroe-->Another techno song...Superb song--Namitha spoiled the song..
5) Valayaapathi--->Another great song--May be picturisation let it down...
6) Pon Magal--->Already topping charts...

Wat else can poor Rahman do??? I thought Madan is unbiased...But he was a bit too harsh criticising the entire movie....Rerecording was good in the movie(barring a few fight sequences)...Madan didn't appreciate the RR part as well...
SUPER MUSIC MAN :thumbsup: but oru sila director story sollumbothu super-ra solluvannga,pictureration pannum bothu sothapiruvangga like atm'barathan'.oru silar story solla theriyathu but nalla pictureration pannuvannga!atha nambi rahman fail -agi irukkalam,athukkaga arr-rai mothama kora solla mudiyathu!entha padam hit agum flop agum innu yaaralum sollamudiyathu.movie choise paanrathula innum konjum alert-ta irukanum namma thala.

MADDY
2nd December 2007, 07:20 PM
ATM withstands Billa rush :wink:

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/10/

this is directly based on the number of hits the song receives.......but dont think ATM will last long in No.1 :)

Dragun
3rd December 2007, 12:23 AM
All that really matters is how many cassettes and CDs are sold. ATM film was a flop, so the audio won't sustain sales for long. But Billa looks like it will be a hit, and probably a better film as well.

rayan36
3rd December 2007, 04:35 PM
anybody has the ATM sales record? One cd shop guy in M'sia said the sales was better than Sivaji (that was before the movie release :( )

Saagar
3rd December 2007, 04:36 PM
[tscii:af593ac8dd]
Madan in Thirai Parvai yesterday was not very happy with Rahman/ATM music in review … He said things like “Rahman irundum appadi sollara alavukku pattu illa..” especially not meeting what you expect from a Vijay film ..”
[/tscii:af593ac8dd]

SoftSword
3rd December 2007, 05:14 PM
adha vidunga sir...
ippo what do you expect here...
adha solliteengana...
neenga edhir paakkura replyum ungalukku udane kedachidum...
thevai illama time wate panna vendam parunga...

A.ANAND
4th December 2007, 06:45 AM
madan-nukku vikatan-la 'hai madan'mattum than elutha theriyum.nalla songs ellam 'sumar'[average]innu solluvar,sumarana songs ellam super innu sollum 'arivu jeevi'avar!

thineshan54321
4th December 2007, 07:04 AM
Jackie Chan to launch Dasavatharam audio
IndiaGlitz [Monday, December 03, 2007]
LISTEN NOW!

It can't get bigger than this. The audio of the much awaited movie Dasavatharam, touted to be the costliest movie to have ever been made in Tamil cinema, will be launched by Jackie Chan.

According to sources close to producer Oscar Ravichandran, Dasavatharam's audio would be a gala affair and would certainly find a place in the history of Indian cinema.

Jackie Chan will come all the way to grace the occasion. It may be recalled that Oscar Ravichandran had distributed several Jackie Chan movies in Tamil Nadu a few years ago. Jackie was shown a few clippings from the movie and he appreciated Kamal Haasan for giving his best in the movie. He readily agreed to be part of the audio launch.

Plans are on to invite prominent actors including Amitabh Bachchan, Chiranjeevi, Mammootty, Mohanlal and Vishnuvardhan for the mega launch.

Dasavatharam has musical score by Bollywood's most sought-after music composer Himesh Reshammiya. The movie directed by K S Ravikumar features Kamal Haasan in ten different roles with Asin and Mallika Sherawat giving him the right company.

According to Ravikumar, "The songs have come really good. It would make an impact among the music-lovers. Himesh has come up with a good stuff".

The audio launch is expected to be launched by February, 2008.

MY ONLY QUESTION IS WHY WASNT ARR PART OF THIS MOVIE????? :huh:

thineshan54321
4th December 2007, 07:13 AM
i am so frustrated because billa is taking over ATM because the stupid movie is a flop!!!!!! its amazing how crazy hit songs before the movie released is down the drain now... stupid director and wth was vijay thinking????

A.ANAND
4th December 2007, 09:10 AM
don't worry thinesan, oru vela 'sakkarakatti'audio release panna micheal jackson vanthalum varalam illaya? :lol:

A.ANAND
4th December 2007, 09:17 AM
i am so frustrated because billa is taking over ATM because the stupid movie is a flop!!!!!! its amazing how crazy hit songs before the movie released is down the drain now... stupid director and wth was vijay thinking????
billa songs eppadi sir irkku???naan ithuvaraikkum 1 song kuda fulla-la kekkala!ysr tread-la poi patta 'janngu janggu'innu kuthikkaranga ysr fans!atm,sivaji vida super-ra irukka??

SoftSword
4th December 2007, 12:19 PM
anand...

there are two run-of-the-mill remixes from yuvan...
apart from that, there is a techno-folk song "seval kodi"... which is my pick... its really an energetic song...
and one thee pidikka kind of hip-hop attempted in "sei edhavadhu sei"
and one more song which din catch my attention...

overall the album is stylish...

A.ANAND
4th December 2007, 02:25 PM
muthalla intha 'remix culture'olikkanum!remix endra peyaril 'paaliyal vanmurai'pananrangga namma md's!

thineshan54321
4th December 2007, 06:09 PM
billa songs eppadi sir irkku???naan ithuvaraikkum 1 song kuda fulla-la kekkala!ysr tread-la poi patta 'janngu janggu'innu kuthikkaranga ysr fans!atm,sivaji vida super-ra irukka??

imo, i dont like the songs at all. when i saw the trailer i was blown away. when i heard the songs i was gonna blow my speakers away. i only like the theme music. remixes just new beat and a new singer.

A.ANAND
7th December 2007, 01:03 PM
makkal tv-la atm songs ellam podaranngala illaya?ingga malaysia-la sun tv mattum than irukku!

SoftSword
7th December 2007, 01:23 PM
ATM songs are widely telecasted in sun music, kalaignar tv and other channels...

in suntv... you could catch it sometime after 11 pm...

A.ANAND
8th December 2007, 01:07 PM
ATM songs are widely telecasted in sun music, kalaignar tv and other channels...

in suntv... you could catch it sometime after 11 pm...sorry sir!kalagnar t.v innu solla makkal t.v innu soliten!

thineshan54321
4th January 2008, 08:42 PM
after months of ATM audio launch, and a flopping movie to negative influence the audio's popularity it is still number one among online music listeners.

Raaga: http://raaga.com/channels/tamil/top10.asp

MusicIndiaOnline (people's choice): http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/20/

MIO (Editor's Choice): http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/cl/7/

thineshan54321
4th January 2008, 08:43 PM
after months of ATM audio launch, and a flopping movie to negative influence the audio's popularity it is still number one among online music listeners.

Raaga: http://raaga.com/channels/tamil/top10.asp

MusicIndiaOnline (people's choice): http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/20/

MIO (Editor's Choice): http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/cl/7/

thineshan54321
4th January 2008, 09:05 PM
Plz vote for ARR, his songs, etc (since u can only vote once, be clever and vote for the highest votes received by ARR, itll be in brackets, for example if u have vaaji and athiradee for best picturization and vaaji is already leading, vote for that): http://www.mayyam.com/hub/ha08all.php

SoftSword
7th January 2008, 06:27 PM
the songs are repeatedly played in sun music, and kalaignar tv(nite shows), and other channels... more than anyother songs which were released after ATM...

dinesh2002
7th January 2008, 07:12 PM
Yup man...i noticed it too... now the Song of the Season from ATM is Keelamal...1st it was Madhurakku Pogathedhi, then Ponmagan Vanthal, now Keelamal.... i wonder y Valaypathi wasnt THE HIT number in ATM...i taut it was simply awesome!!

Ramakrishna
7th January 2008, 07:42 PM
I guess Valayapatti is the most played song after Madurai song on music channels

baba88
14th January 2008, 09:28 PM
Azhagiya Tamizh Magan started off with a bang, stuttered a bit due to mixed opinions, but it now looks like the film will eventually march towards a slow and steady success. Every different film featuring a hero who has a huge mass fan following is bound to attract mixed reviews. It will take time for the fans to adjust to the new style of film making adopted by the hero, and it has been the same case with Vijay's fans who initially found it hard to digest Vijay acting in a film like 'Azhagiya Tamizh Magan'

But going by the reports after all the initial bisecting of the film into its positives and negatives reveal that the fans have already started liking the film after more than one viewing. Also the family audience seem to be taking a liking towards this thorough entertainer which has almost zero vulgarity (the Marlyn Manroe song notwithstanding!). Reports have filtered in that the crowds have kept increasing than it was a few days back thereby leading to increasing better response. The theatre owners also are reporting that they have already recovered their print cost by the third or fourth day itself. The children also seemed to be hooked with the film and were seen discussing the story of the film as the movie kept unravelling the suspense. The crowd seems to have an unanimous opinion that Vijay has rocked with his stupendous performance.

People seem to be happy with the film. The fans after the initial disappointment seem to have revised their expectations the hard way and have now started loving ATM. The film seems to be a throw back to those old days where the performance of the film shows a big increase after all the opening week hysteria that surrounds a big budget mass hero release. All in all, Azhagiya Tamizh Magan is another success story which could spur Vijay to greater heights in his career.

rayan36
14th January 2008, 09:32 PM
whoa :shock:

dinesh2002
15th January 2008, 06:43 AM
Azhagiya Tamizh Magan started off with a bang, stuttered a bit due to mixed opinions, but it now looks like the film will eventually march towards a slow and steady success. Every different film featuring a hero who has a huge mass fan following is bound to attract mixed reviews. It will take time for the fans to adjust to the new style of film making adopted by the hero, and it has been the same case with Vijay's fans who initially found it hard to digest Vijay acting in a film like 'Azhagiya Tamizh Magan'

But going by the reports after all the initial bisecting of the film into its positives and negatives reveal that the fans have already started liking the film after more than one viewing. Also the family audience seem to be taking a liking towards this thorough entertainer which has almost zero vulgarity (the Marlyn Manroe song notwithstanding!). Reports have filtered in that the crowds have kept increasing than it was a few days back thereby leading to increasing better response. The theatre owners also are reporting that they have already recovered their print cost by the third or fourth day itself. The children also seemed to be hooked with the film and were seen discussing the story of the film as the movie kept unravelling the suspense. The crowd seems to have an unanimous opinion that Vijay has rocked with his stupendous performance.

People seem to be happy with the film. The fans after the initial disappointment seem to have revised their expectations the hard way and have now started loving ATM. The film seems to be a throw back to those old days where the performance of the film shows a big increase after all the opening week hysteria that surrounds a big budget mass hero release. All in all, Azhagiya Tamizh Magan is another success story which could spur Vijay to greater heights in his career.

when? what? how? :shock:

thineshan54321
15th January 2008, 08:16 AM

this article was written a while back. like before christmas and all.

dinesh2002
15th January 2008, 08:21 AM

this article was written a while back. like before christmas and all.

ohhk... haha....i think our baba posted it too late... :P

thineshan54321
25th January 2008, 09:39 PM
guys i was watching mega star nite from malaysia. i have to say, the reach of ponmagal remix is phenomenol. first prabhu came and danced for the old ponmagal and then ppl danced for the new ponmagal, when audience heard aslam's voice, they started clapping and cheering. amazing hit. how is the audio doing in other parts.

thineshan54321
7th February 2008, 05:39 AM
everybody plz vote: http://www.ssmusic.tv/top10.php

SS music top ten means a lot. it would be great for ATM to beat bheema altho the movie JUST released and its really good. ATM deserves to be in the top as it is better than any other song, but since it released a while back and didnt do good at BO, ppl forgot about it and vote for other recent songs. Vote for ATM!! Maduraikku is leading, so vote for that, it will be fantastic to see both ponmagal and maduraikku in 1 and 2. u can vote every hr.

SoftSword
7th February 2008, 11:25 AM
dont worry thinesan...
i am sure that madhuraikku will be the winner...

people are not so absent minded as they are believed to be...

Devar Magan
7th February 2008, 01:38 PM
ATM songs are worst.... not even one song is good.. :banghead:

SoftSword
7th February 2008, 02:08 PM

possible...
but not as worst as virumaandi...
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Devar Magan
7th February 2008, 02:18 PM

possible...
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :lol2:

unmaya sonnaa porukkaathey..

A.ANAND
7th February 2008, 02:26 PM
yow!devar magan, unnga andavar film thread-ikku ponggaiya,eyya innga vanthu engga uyira edukirinnga! :oops:

SoftSword
7th February 2008, 02:27 PM

possible...
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :lol2:

unmaya sonnaa porukkaathey..

ungalukku pudicha visayatthula unmaya sonna ungalukku porukkadhaey...

littlemaster1982
7th February 2008, 02:31 PM
yow!devar magan, unnga andavar film thread-ikku ponggaiya,eyya innga vanthu engga uyira edukirinnga! :oops:

Anand,

DM summa dhamaash pannittu irukkaru, tension aagadhinga ;)

SoftSword
7th February 2008, 02:35 PM

Anand,

DM summa dhamaash pannittu irukkaru, tension aagadhinga ;)

thamaash pannala...
aadhangam...
enga poll'la win panniduvangalo'nu bayam...

namakku pidikkadha oru visayam best'nu ellarum sollitta...
appo nammaloda thoughts and perceptions ellamae thappa poidumo'nra insecured feeling....

A.ANAND
7th February 2008, 02:57 PM
devar magan theivame,en kadavule[vadivelu style]unnakku ennathan venum en kadavule.. poidra rasa..en kadavule! :lol:

Ramakrishna
7th February 2008, 08:26 PM
Guys, don't take him too seriously. Avaru Rang De Basanti album-e waste nu sonnavaru. :lol: avarukku etho kadupu ARR mela. vitrunga :lol2:

thineshan54321
8th February 2008, 04:14 AM
Guys, don't take him too seriously. Avaru Rang De Basanti album-e waste nu sonnavaru. :lol: avarukku etho kadupu ARR mela. vitrunga :lol2:

they are kamal followers... so not surprised.

Ramakrishna
8th February 2008, 02:43 PM

:notthatway: they are some Kamal fans who like ARR. It is not right to generalize like that just because of one person.

SoftSword
8th February 2008, 02:57 PM

:notthatway: they are some Kamal fans who like ARR. It is not right to generalize like that just because of one person.

there are also some ARR followers who like kamal...
:P

MADDY
8th February 2008, 04:03 PM

there are lots.......come to our ARR yahoo group - i send one mail against kamal , i'll get 20-25 replies.........

i keep a thumb rule - i dont trust IR fans - let them be maniratnam fans or rajini fans or sachin Tendulkar fans - very few can accept ARR :lol: ......its a very personal opinion made without any racist intent to it.........

SoftSword
8th February 2008, 04:06 PM

there are lots.......come to our ARR yahoo group - i send one mail against kamal , i'll get 20-25 replies.........

i keep a thumb rule - i dont trust IR fans - let them be maniratnam fans or rajini fans or sachin Tendulkar fans - very few can accept ARR :lol: ......its a very personal opinion made without any racist intent to it.........

adhu avangaloda thozhil dharmam...
polappula manna podreenganu bayam...

idhu apdi illa...
idhu vera dept, adhu vera dept...

but you cant deny that there are some ARR followers who like IR..

MADDY
8th February 2008, 04:11 PM
SS, i meant if a person is Rajini fan but still he is a IR fan - then i wont trust him 100% to support ARR for robot.......

ARR fans liking IR - hmm.........i also like IR but there is simply lot o hurt/mockery/vengance between IR fans and ARR fans - it can never subside......it can just be avoided........

SoftSword
8th February 2008, 04:17 PM
SS, i meant if a person is Rajini fan but still he is a IR fan - then i wont trust him 100% to support ARR for robot.......

ARR fans liking IR - hmm.........i also like IR but there is simply lot o hurt/mockery/vengance between IR fans and ARR fans - it can never subside......it can just be avoided........

silajodi kaadhugal moodik'kolvadhaal,
isai ennum puyal thadaip'pada povadhillai...

so namakku enna kavalai... :P
yaara irundhaalum oru kai paatthuruvom...

sibicalls
8th February 2008, 04:31 PM
I accidently went to musicindiaonline.com and was surprised to see ATM still in top 5. And bigger surprise is so called smash hit movie 'BILLA's songs are ranked lower than ATM. And apparently the ranking is done based on number of requests.
No offence meant to Thala or his fans. Purely posting this message in terms of the reach of music inspite of ATM not being a huge hit.

SoftSword
8th February 2008, 04:36 PM
I accidently went to musicindiaonline.com and was surprised to see ATM still in top 5. And bigger surprise is so called smash hit movie 'BILLA's songs are ranked lower than ATM. And apparently the ranking is done based on number of requests.
No offence meant to Thala or his fans. Purely posting this message in terms of the reach of music inspite of ATM not being a huge hit.

Thats ARR's album...
at times you can compete, but not win...

i would say billas music are more suitable with the screenplay and not when listened as a seperate track...

thineshan54321
12th February 2008, 08:33 AM
Indian Residents and Sun TV watches, how is ATM doing music wise. topping charts? how is marylyn monroe doing. this is cuh an awesome track, but doesnt look like its popular. maybe i am ignorant.

SoftSword
12th February 2008, 11:39 AM
Indian Residents and Sun TV watches, how is ATM doing music wise. topping charts? how is marylyn monroe doing. this is cuh an awesome track, but doesnt look like its popular. maybe i am ignorant.

The music channels still play valayapatti, madhuraikku, ponmagal, kelaamal, ellaa pugazhum and marlin manro songs quite often in the order i have written... ie valayapatti is played the most and marlin manroe is played the least...

ATM song wise is a super hit...

ajaybaskar
19th March 2010, 11:24 AM
Maha Muduru (2010)-Tracklist
Music Director: Rahman AR
Actors: Namitha, Shriya Saran, Vijay
Director: Bharathan
Producer: Addala Venkatrao

1 Adagande - Saindhavi, Sriram Parthasarathy
2 Madanapally - Naresh Iyer, Ujjaiyinee, Madhumitha
3 Muthyala Saram - Mohammed Aslam, Rap Ember
4 Nuvu Nadaswarame - Naresh Iyer, Ujjaiyinee

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/#/album/28-Telugu_Soundtracks/32976-Maha_Muduru__2010_/