PDA

View Full Version : Hindi songs Copied from ILLAYARAJA!

smss_engineer
15th October 2006, 09:55 PM
Hi guys,
i have shocked to know that more than 2 or 3 dozens of illayaraja tunes were blatantly copied in hindi around earlier 90's.

Here is the list that i have known,

1. Dhak Dhak karne Laga (Beta) is copied from Abbanee Theeyani Debba (JVAS) telugu.

2. Tu Tu Tu Tu Tu Tara (Bol Radha Bol) is copied from Adi rakkamma (Dalapati), i came to know that this film MD (anu malik or ?) won national award for this film!

3. Aa Jana Tere Bin ( Bol Radha Bol) ditto from Adi aathaadi (kadalora kavithaigal)

4. Whole album Dil has all songs of Prema (telugu), i doubt this is dubbed or remade either way. I am not sure IR was the MD for prema, but songs resembles him

5. songs of Vansh - Agni nakshathiram.

6. Songs of viraasat - devar magan.

7. Oh priya priya is blatant from Idayathai thirudathey song

and many more...............

Dragun
15th October 2006, 10:40 PM
Tap Tap Tapori (Baaghi) sounds a lot like Rajathi Raja from Agni Nakshatram. Of course, Baaghi was composed by Anand-Milind :-)

kameshratnam
16th October 2006, 11:37 AM
Hum hai rahin pyar ke ( endan nejil neengatha thendral neethana) just one line copied

*ing Aamir Khan and Juhi

MADDY
19th October 2006, 01:59 PM
Hum hai rahin pyar ke ( endan nejil neengatha thendral neethana) just one line copied

*ing Aamir Khan and Juhi

hey but hum hai rahin pyar ke came before Kalaignan as far as i could remember....... :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107166/ - HHRPK

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317796/ - Kalaignan........

Renault
19th October 2006, 02:37 PM
HHRPK came our in late 1993 while kalaignan was a summer release the same year (April 14).

Renault
19th October 2006, 02:41 PM
This site confirms

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/cast/5833/index.html

MADDY
19th October 2006, 08:39 PM
This site confirms

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/cast/5833/index.html

OK.....

but i've heard that some of the tunes were taken with IR's permission........like, he didnt mind it........i've heard it from ppl. close to cine sources but have never seen it in a interview......

Renault
20th October 2006, 12:16 PM
True MADDY, May be he didn't have time to notice few lifts from his tunes.

VillageGimp
20th October 2006, 06:53 PM
Ilaiya Nila pozhigirathu from Payanangal Mudivathialli to Hindi..where it was remade as Kalaakar.

Almost all of Anand Millnd's work were lifted from Raja

Dragun
20th October 2006, 09:53 PM
itwofs.com

"Its my duty to add that a talk that [Kalyanji Anandji] and IR exchanged songs (IR had supposedly 'given' the song 'Ilaya nila' to KA!) has been doing the rounds for quite some time."

jaiganes
20th October 2006, 09:55 PM
Dragun!
not just songs but even singers.
Classic example Sadhana Sargam. She was referred by KA to IR(I heard from my friend).

rajaalltheway
21st October 2006, 01:06 AM
[twofs.com

"Its my duty to add that a talk that [Kalyanji Anandji] and IR exchanged songs (IR had supposedly 'given' the song 'Ilaya nila' to KA!) has been doing the rounds for quite some time."]

EY AATHA song from the same film was also reworked by KA after a request from thespian Manoj Kumar.He was totally bowled over by IRs music but stayed away from signing him coz of commercial reasons.In 1995 during a LITTLE STARS programme Anadji announced on stage that 'Neele Neele' song was the hardwork of another genius when a kid sang the song and said it was her tribute to the late KALYANJI VEERJI SHAH.Viju Shah was also present.

rajdes
21st October 2006, 08:12 AM
maddy, IR didnt say that he gave permission etc to A-M to lift -avanga ena mamana machana avarukku? Andha permission-lam reserved only for YSR :-)
What he said was exactly this:(in ref to A-M)
"Illadhavargal eduthu kolgiraargal. naan enna solvadhu?"
(The have-nots are lifting. What's there to fret in this?)

If A-M had an iota of self-respect, they would have retired from the profession.But that whole generation of bollywood composers was a shameless set(Anu,Nadeem-Shravan et al) so they still continue to torture us.

rajdes
21st October 2006, 08:14 AM
maddy, IR didnt say that he gave permission etc to A-M to lift -avanga ena mamana machana avarukku? Andha permission-lam reserved only for YSR :-)

If A-M had an iota of self-respect, they would have retired from the profession.But that whole generation of bollywood composers was a shameless set(Anu,Nadeem-Shravan et al) so they still continue to torture us.

rajdes
21st October 2006, 08:20 AM

ananth222
26th October 2006, 03:05 AM
I recall an interview looong time back, with Anand-Milind (composer of tututu tututara from bol radha bol)...
Anand: "Hum soch rahe the ki ye gaana keise shuru karen... tab milind saab ne chutki lagaayi.. tho humne socha ye gaana chutki se kyun na shuru karen..."
rough translation: "We were thinking how to start the song... and Milind sir snapped his fingers (made the 'soduku' noise)... then we thought why not start the song with this..."
first they copy and then pretend like they came up with a brilliant idea...!

smss_engineer
9th November 2006, 11:27 PM
And some more

Raaku muthu raaku from Ejaman (1993) was copied twice.
1. First by Anand-Miliand in Babu Raja (1994) - Yee amma.......

2. Second by Anu Malik in Virasat (1997) - Don't know the song.,

But Virasat had songs of Devar magan (1992) songs - Inji idupalagi,

selvakumar
13th March 2007, 12:23 PM
I heard a HINDI SONG in a Bangalore FM Radio.

"Chandhini Raathu Hai Tum Meri Saath Hai" ( exact replica of Keladi Kanmani )

After reading this thread, I conclude that many of the songs were STOLEN from IR without his permission. :o BTW, How many songs like this are there in Hindi?

I liked the HINDI VERSION OF ILAYA NILA POZHIKIRATHEY !!

Shankar
15th March 2007, 11:57 AM
>>>>>
I liked the HINDI VERSION OF ILAYA NILA POZHIKIRATHEY !!
<<<<<

The guitar interludes in that song were hopelessly bad...some fool strumming it around as a filler. Cudn't they even cut-paste properly those days ??

MADDY
15th March 2007, 08:51 PM
I heard a HINDI SONG in a Bangalore FM Radio.

"Chandhini Raathu Hai Tum Meri Saath Hai" ( exact replica of Keladi Kanmani )

After reading this thread, I conclude that many of the songs were STOLEN from IR without his permission. :o BTW, How many songs like this are there in Hindi?

listen to soya gaya from Tezaab (1988) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096252/

keladi kanmani from Pudhu pudhu arthangal (1989) -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0155064/

can someone verify this??? i heard that IR and some hindi MDs used to do song/tune exchanges.......is it true??? :roll:

app_engine
15th March 2007, 10:19 PM
I believe IR copied starting lines of tezaab's "sO gayA" into "kELadi kaNmaNi" of PPA. (may be "inspired":-))