PDA

View Full Version : Nandhalala : Myskin

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MADDY
17th January 2009, 03:53 PM
Let's not make excuses for when IR uses cheap synth sounds.
"idha thaan naanum sonnen. ennaya paithiyam-nuttainga!" (Guna) :)

ungala yaarum onnum sollala - Dragun-kku vizhundha thitta paarunga and subsequent "bash-all-MDs" posts......

jaiganes - u have coneveniently left out a full chapter while analysing the finanical aspect of raaja.......please let me know, if you can face facts abt TIS.......

kanna_82
17th January 2009, 04:00 PM
[tscii:c649c4d518]Maddy...joke ellarm pinreenga...eppadiththan ippadi think panreengalo...u can see it on a reverse angle...inflation ippadi ponathukku ungada big daddy cool-um oru kaaranama irukkalam...u have to listen to ur coolbaby´s music through hi-tech soundsystem from the beginning...so who is the reason for this inflations sitution...???
think before u talk...oh sorry this haven´t been ur strong ability...!!![/tscii:c649c4d518]

MADDY
17th January 2009, 04:10 PM
[tscii:1cfc2b20a7]Maddy...joke ellarm pinreenga...eppadiththan ippadi think panreengalo...u can see it on a reverse angle...inflation ippadi ponathukku ungada big daddy cool-um oru kaaranama irukkalam...u have to listen to ur coolbaby´s music through hi-tech soundsystem from the beginning...so who is the reason for this inflations sitution...???
think before u talk...oh sorry this haven´t been ur strong ability...!!![/tscii:1cfc2b20a7]

joke-u :lol: please read what u have written 100 times urself and think if it makes any sense - mudiyalanna, veetla yaaravadhu periyavnga irundha anuppunga

kanna_82
17th January 2009, 04:21 PM
mudiyalenna thookka maddyddu...oh sorry maaddikka vendiyathuthanea...

Fliflo
17th January 2009, 04:47 PM
Nandhalala Review - Class!

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/nandhalala.html

Srini_M
17th January 2009, 04:49 PM
Time IR goes for a respectful exit. hez past his crime regurgitating old tunes for his yes-men. hez a genius, no qualms there, but a graceful retreat and taking on a mentor-role wud be more appropriate.

There's nothing trend settng in Naan Kadavul or Nandhalala. typical IR flavor.

raja_fan
17th January 2009, 05:02 PM

typical IR flavor..adhu irukku ille ? apparam engalukku enna venum ? :D

Hulkster
17th January 2009, 05:45 PM
Time IR goes for a respectful exit. hez past his crime regurgitating old tunes for his yes-men. hez a genius, no qualms there, but a graceful retreat and taking on a mentor-role wud be more appropriate.

Yaaru peitha raasa pa nee? Avar enna private music album naduthuraaru tunes yellam grand-ah poduruthukku? :curse:

IR composes his songs according to the movie's theme. He can bring in a totally pathbreaking technique if he wants to but then it wunt make sense for the film. There is a reason why he is called isaignani after all these years. If you dunt like the songs just dunt listen, why bother making comments? There are people who believe his BGM is on par with john williams and at this time alot of them are paying heed to that just like one of the "yesmen" mysskin making a movie just for IR to dominate with his bgm. Once you see the film you will know why he has not retired.

Vivasaayi
17th January 2009, 06:15 PM

is it garments industry or what?...not to be outdated.. :lol:

funny!

rajasaranam
17th January 2009, 07:13 PM

I dont understand this 'trendsetting' :roll: I hope you wont say ' for a million years human beings had been eating through mouth, there's nothing trend setting, hence from nowon everybody should eat through...' yeah you know where from' :twisted:

Dragun
17th January 2009, 07:26 PM
We all know how IR can use minimal tools to maximum effect, so I don't buy the argument that IR needs a super-expensive studio or orchestra every time to sound good. All that is needed is a decent studio and engineers who know how to use sound design to present the music in a good light. IR's sound mastering is not terrible, but it could be better.

Plum, you are missing the point that I'm calling IR's music five-star music! Why not give quality music the presentation it deserves?

IR is not God to never be questioned or criticized. And even Natkeerar confronted Lord Shiva when he made a mistake!

Being a fan of someone is not an all-or-nothing proposition. You can be a fan of someone and still have criticisms of their work.

irir123
17th January 2009, 07:30 PM
Irir123 - if u have patience read all posts made by Dragun in IR section..........u judged him just by his avtar :)

Nope - you are wrong! completely - I didnt judge Dragun, i dont even know him personally for me to judge him as a person - I responded/commented based on his comments only!

Hulkster
17th January 2009, 07:46 PM
I think Dragun is misunderstood. His only complaint was about the recording quality of the songs, but he has never dissed IR in general. The people who diss IR from top to bottom call themselves raja fans here :curse:

It really depends on what you like raja for. To me his orchestrational ability overrides any sound defects in his songs whether intentional or unintentional. But if your focused too much on his recording quality than its a bit of a pain.

Recording quality is important but not to the extent of saying the album is not that good. Come on the quality was not that bad. Anyway i do not know whats the issue as i cant see any sound defects. They all seem perfectly synchronized.

irir123
17th January 2009, 07:55 PM
ok Hulkster - I take back my statement

Hulkster
17th January 2009, 08:05 PM
Sonna vidaney statementai opus vaangiteynga? Avalavo nallavara? :cry2:

Lets just wait for the movie people, then we shall see the power of IR. :cool:

irir123
17th January 2009, 08:06 PM
hi all - after repeated listening to NK and NL - am just stunned and amazed by this man's ability to conjure up two entirely different albums suited to the movie's demands! plus showcasing his versatility - "kannil" from NK is one genre of that forces you to pay attention to its sorrow and the tune is riveting, whereas the pathos in NL are a more soothing nature - NK is dramatic and kicks some real serious a** while NL is all subtle and refined (no over the top orchestration, but oh boy! the first interlude of 'mella oorndhu', the flute intro to 'onnukkonnu, the celtic like second interlude in 'oru vaandu' and the whole song structure of 'kai veesi' who needs a 1000 violins, this man can do wonders with such simple stuff!)

this man will never ever fail to amaze me, inspite of all the recording related glitches - I cant wait for NK and NL to be released

K
17th January 2009, 08:08 PM
Whether it Sounds great or Cheap, it invokes the right emotions, Enna than Great sounda irunthalum if it doesn't please the mind it is useless. Magane nu oru thaai EEna Surathula kooptaalum anga paasam than theriyume thavira saththam theriyaathu.

Fliflo
17th January 2009, 08:15 PM
"Magane nu oru thaai EEna Surathula kooptaalum anga paasam than theriyume thavira saththam theriyaathu"

Appa.enna oru example.Pularichidichu.

rajaalltheway
17th January 2009, 10:15 PM
Y waste time posting comments on Ayyas abilities and retirement..such lovely songs.If people are not devoting time for 'Onnukkonnu' and 'Melle oorndhu'..its their loss.

raja_fan
17th January 2009, 10:20 PM
inge ennappaa nadakkudhu........?

yaarume vishayathai pesa maatengaraanga...

pechai kuraingappaa...

indha naal diary-la kurichukunga.."onnukkonnu.." of NL and "Kannil parvai.." from NK are going to be the evergreen hits of the year 2009. Even after 20 years, people will remember these songs as hits os 2009.

jaiganes
18th January 2009, 03:38 AM

KAlaignar TV nandalala programla vandha maadhiriyaana 'soundu' - musicu - indha qualityla ippo podara aalai retire aaga solra mudhal aalu thambee nee dhaan! Unnaya maadhiriyum aalunga namma naatula irukka thaan seyyaraanga!! Ellam namma naatoda thalayezhuthu.

jaiganes
18th January 2009, 03:50 AM
Let's not make excuses for when IR uses cheap synth sounds.
"idha thaan naanum sonnen. ennaya paithiyam-nuttainga!" (Guna) :)

ungala yaarum onnum sollala - Dragun-kku vizhundha thitta paarunga and subsequent "bash-all-MDs" posts......

jaiganes - u have coneveniently left out a full chapter while analysing the finanical aspect of raaja.......please let me know, if you can face facts abt TIS.......

Naan enna andha project auditoraa? I am not in PWC.
Anyways unga 'nakkeeran' type aadharangalai vida valuvaa hubla andha episodai nallave analyse panniyaachu. Unga proofsai Thiruvasagam threadla post pannunga - aarayalaam . Idhil olinjukka vendiya vishayam edhuvum iruppadhaaga theriyalai.

popeye11
18th January 2009, 04:28 AM
inge ennappaa nadakkudhu........?

yaarume vishayathai pesa maatengaraanga...

pechai kuraingappaa...

indha naal diary-la kurichukunga.."onnukkonnu.." of NL and "Kannil parvai.." from NK are going to be the evergreen hits of the year 2009. Even after 20 years, people will remember these songs as hits os 2009.

Raja_fan.. supera sonninga..
nichayama indha paadalgal evergreen hits of 2009 list la serum..

Enna oru feel.. Thalatu ketka paatula Raja :notworthy:

Arumaiyana album on the whole..

ananth222
18th January 2009, 04:38 AM
IR is not like Kumble or Ganguly, holding a spot in a team that could be better filled by a youngster. There are plenty of others making music, if you don't like IR just go listen to others. Theres nothing called "retirement" in creative arts.

MADDY
18th January 2009, 09:42 AM
Naan enna andha project auditoraa? I am not in PWC

theres no point in talking if u were a auditor in PWC :lol:

Anyways unga 'nakkeeran' type aadharangalai vida valuvaa hubla andha episodai nallave analyse panniyaachu. Unga proofsai Thiruvasagam threadla post pannunga - aarayalaam . Idhil olinjukka vendiya vishayam edhuvum iruppadhaaga theriyalai.

u have already judged me and my proofs and taken a decision on it - wats the point in posting it...... :) if u were in HUB during those times - theres nothing more to add actually.......

jaiganes
18th January 2009, 11:01 AM
Maddy! then lets leave it at that..
However did you see Mysskins interview in Kalaignar TV (with Rohini)? Seems to be hell bent against using songs in films totally - except offcourse the two instances where he felt that the songs actually condensed the screen time and helped the narration forward.
On a general note . Why not plan for more of such songs instead of asking raaja or Rahman to compose and then say I dont need it?
I can understand the cinematic sense in saying no to songs in general, yet he must have planned this well in advance - Bala did the reverse in Naan Kadavul. Asked for two songs and more are being added to the film as bit songs that will have to be either 'youtubed' or ripped off DVDs by fans!!
There is no concept of versioned. late releases or updates and this means losing out on a genuinely good song
I was so touched by 'Yaaradhu' in Pithamagan - but alas - that song is not in the CD and neither was it added to any collection later!!

MADDY
18th January 2009, 11:46 AM
Maddy! then lets leave it at that..
However did you see Mysskins interview in Kalaignar TV (with Rohini)? Seems to be hell bent against using songs in films totally - except offcourse the two instances where he felt that the songs actually condensed the screen time and helped the narration forward.
On a general note . Why not plan for more of such songs instead of asking raaja or Rahman to compose and then say I dont need it?
I can understand the cinematic sense in saying no to songs in general, yet he must have planned this well in advance - Bala did the reverse in Naan Kadavul. Asked for two songs and more are being added to the film as bit songs that will have to be either 'youtubed' or ripped off DVDs by fans!!
There is no concept of versioned. late releases or updates and this means losing out on a genuinely good song
I was so touched by 'Yaaradhu' in Pithamagan - but alas - that song is not in the CD and neither was it added to any collection later!!

songs can be used to move forward the narration or deliver a counterpoint in the movie......hmmm yea, it is sad when songs are chopped off in the movie........since director calls the shots in movie making, MDs shuld compose short songs - 1:30 mins or 2 min songs, with 1 interlude and 1 charanam.........also make sure it fits into narration seamlessly.........

yes, versioning is literally absent in our industry........

Sanjeevi
18th January 2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/tamil-movie-trailers-2/nandhalala-trailer-18-01-09.html

I believe Raaja did not involve in this trailor

crajkumar_be
18th January 2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/tamil-movie-trailers-2/nandhalala-trailer-18-01-09.html

I believe Raaja did not involve in this trailor
I don't think any MD gets involved in the trailer

jaiganes
19th January 2009, 03:39 AM
Trailer music is from the song elilo.
Elilo 'haunting rhythms....
Simply superb

kiru
19th January 2009, 10:08 AM
Guys..I dont see any problems with recording in Nandhala..yeah it is synth..but other modern MDs :-) are all using the same kind of sound..Also, just acoustic instruments does not automatically make it great. I have close to 1500 songs of IR, losslessly compressed (FLAC) on my server and played over WiFI through full-range speakers+subwoofers. Recording acoustic instruments is pretty tricky and many times synth/samples sounds used for song making might be cost-effective and almost satisfactory. I do know the best engineered albums/songs of IR (which are few but not rare) and I derive much more pleasure from them than through the 'consistently best sound-engineered albums of a top MD'.
Anyways, NL is not trendy music or probably not innovative even by IR's own style of music..but trend be damned..the music is good, really rocking. It is classic IR in style of melody and orchestration..including different kinds of percussion instruments playing together. If IR keeps up this performance in 5 or 6 albums..then next one will come out totally innovative and mind-blowing..We have to note that he is not assembling sounds from around the world and styling the tunes or rhythms ike a BillBoards top hit or wants singers to sing like Lisa Gerrard or some such l singers in popular albums coming out of the US or Europe..It takes time for IR to keep trying, to get a good one.. This is absolutely normal and natural and this is the way it has been in the past. He has to keep doing and suddenly a spark comes there is a born a fresh new kind of music to which you will find no similarities elsewhere.

irir123
19th January 2009, 11:44 AM
so Kiru, IR is very much like a rhythm bowler a la Shane Warne, the more he bowls the more you get to see 'rippers' biting out from the rough!

MrJudge
19th January 2009, 01:21 PM
so Kiru, IR is very much like a rhythm bowler a la Shane Warne, the more he bowls the more you get to see 'rippers' biting out from the rough!

Yes, definitely. He is spontaneous and if he works more, he will come on top. He can't do 3 movies per year and, day and night changing the sounds for a same melody over and over again. He mostly writes and after hearing to it he will do a few corrections, he is done with it. He will move on the next song.

raagas
19th January 2009, 01:31 PM
Kei Veesi is a phenomenal composition. Just try to sing along the song and see the beauty in it. It sounds folkish and Anthemic. Aaha!! This is the Raaja i had been looking for. He is simply amazing in this one. Full form. What a fine balance between synth and real instruments.
I have been listening to it non-stop.

Dragun
19th January 2009, 03:16 PM
Kai Veesi is fantastic! Must have been quite difficult to sing. I hope Mysskin has done justice to it in the picturization. What ragam is it tuned in?

viraajan
19th January 2009, 03:22 PM
Kai Veesi is fantastic! Must have been quite difficult to sing. I hope Mysskin has done justice to it in the picturization. What ragam is it tuned in?

Kai Veesi has been excluded in the movie :(

Dragun
19th January 2009, 03:25 PM
That is sad to hear. What a beautiful song. I've been playing it over and over.

Sureshs65
19th January 2009, 03:40 PM
Kiru said, "..suddenly a spark comes there is a born a fresh new kind of music to which you will find no similarities elsewhere"

Absolutely. That is where his magic lies. The integration of different styles is so well done that it is very difficult to separate out the styles and say in this song he has mixed Style A, Style B etc. That is why we still wait for his albums and that is why he still gives us 'Kannil Paarvai' or 'Kai Veesi'. I am with Kiru in saying that the synth sounds in this album haven't troubled me.

No doubt about Nandalala album. Top class and very touching songs. I second raagas opinion on 'Kai Veesi'. The record stores in Bangalore have still not got the CD. Hoping they will get it today or tomorrow.

S.Suresh

raagas
19th January 2009, 03:52 PM

The beginning portion... i hummed it and gradually 'hummed away' into 'Kannan Vanthu' from 'Rettai Vaal Kurivi'. Now Kannan Vanthu is "Nata Bhairavi" raagam. So, i think even this is that one. But I am not completely sure.

njv
19th January 2009, 06:26 PM

Yes, definitely. He is spontaneous and if he works more, he will come on top. He can't do 3 movies per year and, day and night changing the sounds for a same melody over and over again. He mostly writes and after hearing to it he will do a few corrections, he is done with it. He will move on the next song.

Different perspective, but kinda make sense based on the number of hits he had given during his busy days.

"thottanith thoorum manarkeni..." - Valluvara kokka

jaiganes
19th January 2009, 07:40 PM
the chinese flute by arunmozhi in 'Kai veesi' os so good - individually the tune of the flute is nondescript - but when it is played in the right portions of the song it is wonderful

Sanjeevi
20th January 2009, 12:37 AM
அந்த முதலிசை (prelude) உயிரை வருடுகிறது, மனதை பிசைகிறது. K.J.ஜேசுதாஸ் மனிதர் என்னமாய் அசாதரனமாய் உணர்வை கொண்டு வருகிறார் (லவ் யு சார்). இவர்கள் இணைந்த மற்ற எந்த பாடலுக்கும் 'ஒன்னுக்கொன்னு துணையிருக்கு' பாடல் சவலைப்பிள்ளை இல்லை. 100 % இளையராஜா பிராண்ட்.

எத்தனை நாள் வேண்டுமானாலும் காத்திருக்கலாம் இந்த தாலாட்டை கேட்க. மிக எளிதான ரிதத்தில் ஆரம்பிக்கும் முதல் இடை இசையில் அடுத்ததடுத்து வரும் வயலின் பிட்டுகள் மனதை பிழிந்தால் அடுத்த இடை இசையில் கண்ணீர் வருகிறது. கண்ணை மூடிக்கொண்டு ராஜா 'அம்மா உன்னை பார்த்தா' என்று பாடும்போது என்னவோ பண்ணுகிறது. சொந்தங்கள் சூழ வாழும் நமக்கே இப்படி என்றால் அன்புக்கு ஏங்கும் அனாதைகள் அழுதே விடுவார்கள் நெகிழ்ச்சியால்.

'மெல்ல மெல்ல ஊர்ந்து ஊர்ந்து' பாட்டு மெல்ல காது வழியே அதுபாட்டுக்கு ஊர்ந்து மனதிற்குள் செல்வதை தடுக்க முடியவில்லை. கிட்டார் கடவுள் என்று சும்மாவா சொன்னார்கள், முதல் இடைஇசையிலேயே (interlude) இதை ஞாபகப்படுத்துகிறார். நாம் சின்னபிள்ளை ஆகி ராஜா அப்பாவாகி நம்மை கூட்டிக்கொண்டு பாடுவதை போல் சுகம்.

அடுத்து ராஜா தன் பிராண்ட் ஹிப்-ஹாப் பாடலை கை வீசி நடக்கிற காற்றாக பறக்க விட்டுருக்கிறார். ஏனோ இந்த பாடல் யுவனின் 'போகப் போக' பாடல நினைவு படுத்துகிறது, அதாவத அந்த 'உணர்வு' (பீல்). 'அழகா அழகா' பாடி இருக்கிறார் KJJ பிள்ளை.

தெளிவாக இருந்தாலும் 'ஒரு வாண்டு கூட்டமே' பல்லவி அவ்வளவாக பிடிக்கவில்லை. சேத்துமாத்து சரணத்தில் தன்னை காட்டி இருக்கிறார் ராஜா.

அய்யா மிஸ்கின் அவர்களே நீங்கள் அருமையான இந்த சில பாடல்களை படத்தில் இணைக்காவிட்டாலும் பரவாஇல்லை, டிவி-க்காகவாவது படம்பித்து வழங்கலாமே.

நான் கடவுள் பாடல்களில் மனதை கனமாக்கியவர் இதில் மனதை இலேசாக்குகிறார் மிக . :)

kiru
20th January 2009, 07:43 AM

Exactly..good there is support to this theory..(including from Suresh and to some extent njv). Some time ago while discussing the genius of IR - our resident amateur composers opined that IR is a good example of genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. He has been playing around in permutating the raagams so much that he has almost got composing a tune to a real science. As far as I know, he is probably the only MD in TFM who has composed so many tunes (quality or complexity is a different issue).

Anyways, can somebody confirm which is the most difficult song to sing. Ofcourse, singing at higher octaves only people like KJY can do it, but singing at the very low octaves also is tricky. I thought, that way, the mella song is a difficult one. Can some of you guys who know music well confirm/reject this theory ?

(BTW, the interludes of thaalattu kEtka seem to be done with real acoustic instruments, probably the Budapest musicians playing the cello (?) Thanks to Sanjeevi I learnt some new tamil words for interlude, prelude.)

Fliflo
20th January 2009, 07:52 AM
Myskin says he is planning to release the original sound track of nandhalala after the movie release.

http://www.tamilwire.com/mysskin-release-nandhalala-original/

raja_fan
20th January 2009, 08:51 AM
adhu ok..eppo padam release ? :)

jaiganes
20th January 2009, 10:17 AM
from 2 songs - it has become 3songs - if this is true - can we hope to see 'Kai veesi'? or is he including the 'elilo' in the list?

NagaS
20th January 2009, 12:02 PM
My Comments / Feelings About The Amazing Song Nandhalala's "Mella OOrnthu OOrnthu" -->

http://nchokkan.wordpress.com/2009/01/17/nandhalala/

NagaS

raja_fan
20th January 2009, 12:10 PM
[tscii:f9065b81b6]
1. இயக்குனர் மிஷ்கின் ’நந்தலாலா’ பாடல்களில் சிலவற்றைமட்டுமே படமாக்கியிருப்பதாகக் கேள்விப்பட்டேன். தனக்குத் தேவை இரண்டு பாடல்கள்தான் என்று தெரிந்தும்கூட, ராஜாவை இன்னும் வேலை வாங்கி நிறைய நல்ல பாட்டுகளை வாங்கியிருக்கிறார், அவருக்கு நன்றி!

:) False !

No fool will demand 6 songs if he plans for only 2 songs.
Myskkin had planned for more songs and later scissored them after the shooting is over !

[/tscii:f9065b81b6]

NagaS
20th January 2009, 12:48 PM
No fool will demand 6 songs if he plans for only 2 songs.
Myskkin had planned for more songs and later scissored them after the shooting is over !

Oh, thats news to me ... Thanks for the info :)

Then this means, all 6 songs may be available for TV, If not for movie, Isn't it?

NagaS

Sanjeevi
20th January 2009, 01:08 PM
Very good analysis NagaS :)

raja_fan
20th January 2009, 02:15 PM
Then this means, all 6 songs may be available for TV, If not for movie, Isn't it?

Who knows if he has picturized 6 songs ??

MrJudge
20th January 2009, 03:08 PM

Who knows if he has picturized 6 songs ??

No, he hasn't shot 6 songs, only 2 which are included in the movie.

jaiganes
20th January 2009, 11:09 PM
Vaandukootame - grows on you in unseen ways..

in kaiveesi,
'Valanju nelinju odura' has been tuned in a valaju nelinju - much like a stream of water - If the words were written first and then music was done - then special hats off to raaja. If the other way round, then extra pat on the back of he poet - after a long time an album with all simple thamizh words - no need for anypoet in jibba to explain it in Sun TV saying he took it from 'Sanga thamizh paattu'.

Sanjeevi
21st January 2009, 12:34 AM
Vaandukootame - grows on you in unseen ways..

in kaiveesi,
'Valanju nelinju odura' has been tuned in a valaju nelinju - much like a stream of water - If the words were written first and then music was done - then special hats off to raaja. If the other way round, then extra pat on the back of he poet - after a long time an album with all simple thamizh words - no need for anypoet in jibba to explain it in Sun TV saying he took it from 'Sanga thamizh paattu'.

:lol:

MumbaiRamki
21st January 2009, 06:34 PM
Kai Veesi is predominantly Kr ..

1) The way ANu Pallavi goes continously without a break is a trademark of KR.

2) The rythm , interludes is againa trademark KR.

3) The use of Piano(or some keyboard stuff) along with the whole song is again a characterstic of KR

4) Having a different backgrounds for the second charanam is again trademark KR .

(Of course there is nothing IR has not tried , so this is may be just a interesting observation)

Whatever , fantastic song !!!

MumbaiRamki
21st January 2009, 06:36 PM
Somehow , i keep humming Master Yatheeswaran's intro bit in the vaandu kutame .Sure its Off-Key , but its inetersting.

Also , in the interview Mysskin had said that he had retained rohini song . It cld be either Kai veesi or vandu kutame !

If this is the case, then both mella orndhu and Ki veesi would have been chopped :(((((

Sanjeevi
21st January 2009, 06:42 PM
http://anandhansubbiah.com/blog/nandalala-tamil-music-review/

Sanjeevi
21st January 2009, 06:54 PM
நேத்து சாயந்திரம் நந்தலாலா படத்து ஒலித் தகடு வாங்குனதுலேருந்து இந்த பாட்டை ஒரு 25-30 வாட்டி கேட்டிருப்பேங்க. சில பாடல்களைக் கேட்டால் ரொம்ப சந்தோஷமா இருக்கும். இது அந்த மாதிரியான அருமையான ஒரு டூயட் பாட்டு. டூயட் பாட்டுன்னாலும் இது காதல் பாட்டு இல்லை. பெரும்பாலும் இயற்கையை வர்ணிச்சு இருக்கற ஒரு துள்ளலான பாட்டு. நந்தலாலா ஆல்பத்துல மொத்தம் ஆறு பாட்டு. மூனு பாட்டை இளையராஜா பாடிருக்காரு, அதுல ஒரு பாட்டுல அவரோட பேரன் யதீஸ்வரனும்(கார்த்திக்ராஜா பையன்) ரெண்டு வரி பாடிருக்காரு. ஒரு பாட்டு நரிக்குறவர் இனத்தைச் சேர்ந்த ஒரு பெண் அவங்க மொழியிலேயே பாடற பாட்டு, ஒரு பாட்டு யேசுதாஸ் பாடிருக்காரு. கைவீசி நடக்கற காத்தேங்கிற இந்தப் பாட்டும், இளையராஜாவும் அவங்க பேரனும் பாடிருக்கற "ஒரு வாண்டுக் கூட்டமே"ங்கிற பாட்டும் படத்துல இல்லையாம். படத்துல இல்லன்னாலும் இந்த பாட்டு ஒரு ரவுண்டு வரும்னு நான் நெனைக்கிறேன்.

more here

www.kaipullai.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-post_16.html

Sanjeevi
21st January 2009, 06:57 PM
a comment

மிஷ்கினின் உதவி பெண் இயக்குனர் வயிற்றில் நிறைமாதம் குழந்தையுடன் இந்த பாட்டின் ரீ-ரெக்காடிங் கேட்டுயிருக்காங்க.பாட்டை கேட்டு உள்ளுக்குள் குழந்தை அசைந்தாம் அதை அவரே தாய்மையுடன் ஒரு பேட்டியில் சொல்லியிருக்காங்க. அப்படி ஒரு தாலாட்டு பாட்டு இந்த பாட்டு

raja_fan :lol: expecting a reply from you

raja_fan
21st January 2009, 08:09 PM
raja_fan expecting a reply from you

Sanjeevi, why expecting a reply from me ?? :confused2:

Sanjeevi
21st January 2009, 08:38 PM
raja_fan expecting a reply from you

Sanjeevi, why expecting a reply from me ?? :confused2:

Thiruvasagam music kettu karppathil ulla kuzhanthai asainthathu- appadinu news neengathanae kindal panninathu

if not you then who? :confused2:

irir123
21st January 2009, 08:49 PM
when is PAZHASSI RAJA audio releasing ??

Sanjeevi
21st January 2009, 09:52 PM
Suresh's review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2009/01/nandhalaala.html

raja_fan
21st January 2009, 10:49 PM
Thiruvasagam music kettu karppathil ulla kuzhanthai asainthathu- appadinu news neengathanae kindal panninathu

if not you then who?

Naan illai paa :)

kuzhandhaiyum deivamum onnu-nu nambaravan naan :D

Srini_M
21st January 2009, 11:08 PM
time to move onto Delhi 6....

Sanjeevi
22nd January 2009, 12:40 AM

delhi poyum nandalala paattu ketpen. paravalliya (vadivelu style)

kiru
22nd January 2009, 01:16 AM

I have been listening to parts of Delhi 6 even before it got released ..by listening to some radio stations here in San Francisco :twisted:
(just kidding, enjoy whatever you like)

writeface
22nd January 2009, 05:10 AM
Hello Kiru (we meet after a loong time here!)

Delhi 6 or rather Dilli 6 is an enjoyable album from ARR. These days most music falls into the "Corporate music" category and fail to move me.

Nandhalala is a wonderful album from IR. Other than the much talked about Kai Veesi and Mella oorndhu - I can't get over "Onnukkonnu". I have listened to many such songs from IR - yet something is there in that song....

Wf.

viraajan
22nd January 2009, 09:14 AM
A small dig.

Can someone add "Ilayaraja" in the title of this thread? :roll:

Thx

kiru
22nd January 2009, 10:00 AM
Hello Kiru (we meet after a loong time here!)

Delhi 6 or rather Dilli 6 is an enjoyable album from ARR. ..
Wf.
Writeface..welcome back..this forum has been helpful to me in the sense that more music savvy people are able to validate/invalidate quite a bit of my theories. I will give Delhi 6 a serious listen later.
Unlike many people, I am not so very fond of kai veesi..as mentioned earlier the KR style of literally following/repeating the vocals with another instrument annoys me. It is much less in this song than in his other songs. Only song of IR, I have seen this full scale is in kannE kalaimaanE (but the violin is at a very low level in that to interfere).

raagas
22nd January 2009, 11:43 AM
Kai Veesi is predominantly Kr ..

1) The way ANu Pallavi goes continously without a break is a trademark of KR.

2) The rythm , interludes is againa trademark KR.

3) The use of Piano(or some keyboard stuff) along with the whole song is again a characterstic of KR

4) Having a different backgrounds for the second charanam is again trademark KR .

(Of course there is nothing IR has not tried , so this is may be just a interesting observation)

Whatever , fantastic song !!!

Infact, i thought it was pure IR. ofcourse, the approach (not the music or tunes, but approach towards pattern or structure) used reminded me of another composer and not KR.

1. The opening flute piece plays a portion of song's pallavi's tune. and that is IR signature. The flute piece is not verbatim pallavi's tune, but a take on the tune.
2. The violin piece in 1st interlude is IR ofcourse.
3. The charanams have a real flute and a synth-flute, playing along with the vocals. I have seen many songs of IR in which he 'juxtaposes' real & synth flutes, side-by-side. At times, he even split a music phrase into 2 equal halves and played 1st half on real flute and 2nd half on synth flute. Whatever, the idea of 'juxtaposition' of Real and Synth versions of same instrument is IR's idea.
4. The connecting of "Na na na na na na" by female singer, half way through the charanam to the line "Malaru malaru" (in the case of 1st charanam) is IR's signature.
5. The 2nd interlude is IR stamp again, violin and song's prelude tune.
6. Last but not at all the least, the bass line (synth ofcourse, but neverthless) has IR written all over it.

I think IR did it by himself, atleast the composition and the significant portions of arrangements.

But then, all these are interpretations you see, according to our own observations of IR's previous music and this one.

crvenky
22nd January 2009, 12:07 PM
"நந்தலாலா" - பாடல் விமர்சனம்;

இளையராஜா எனும் இசை யானை, மலை மேல் ஏறி துதிக்கை உயர்த்திப் பிளிறி, தன் ஆளுமையைப் பறை சாற்றி இருக்கிறது, "நந்தலாலாவின்" ஒவ்வொரு ஒலிக் குறிப்பிலும் !

ஒரு சுற்றுலாவின் குதூகலத்தோடு புறப்படும் "மெள்ள ஊர்ந்து ஊர்ந்து..." பாடல் ஊர்வல உற்சாகம்.

"ஒண்ணுக்கொண்ணு துணையிருக்க உலகத்திலே..." என்று ஆரம்பிக்கும் ஜேசுதாஸ், "அன்பு ஒண்ணுதான் அநாதையா?" என்று கேட்கும்போது ஆரம்பிக்கும் மனப் பிசைவு பாட்டின் இறுதி வரை தொடர்கிறது.

"தாலாட்டு கேட்க நானும்..." ராஜாவின் டிபிக்கல் அம்மா கேவல்.

உற்சாகமான, குடும்ப மெலடி "கை வீசி நடக்கிற காற்றே". (இதையும், இளையராஜா குழந்தையாகவே குதூகலப்படுத்தும் "ஒரு வாண்டுக் கூட்டமே" பாடலையும் படத்தில் நீக்கியிருப்பதாகச் சொல்கிறது குறிப்பு. வாண்டு பாட்டுக்கு கபிலனின் வாத்சல்யமான வரிகளும் அழகு !)

அப்புறம் "எலிலே...எலிலே...! " என்கிற அந்தக் குறவர் பாடல்.... என்ன சொல்வது ! சரோஜா அம்மாள் என்பவர் உடுக்கு அடித்துப் பாடியிருப்பது உலுக்கி எடுக்கிறது.

நன்றி: ஆனந்த விகடன், 28.01.2009

raja_fan
22nd January 2009, 12:39 PM
When did Ananda Vikatan start music reviews ..?
It has been a year since I followed up AV issues..

crvenky
22nd January 2009, 12:51 PM
raja_fan, there is a 1-page section called Varaverparai, where they review the latest audio, film, book, etc.

rajasaranam
22nd January 2009, 12:52 PM
இளையராஜா எனும் இசை யானை, மலை மேல் ஏறி துதிக்கை உயர்த்திப் பிளிறி, தன் ஆளுமையைப் பறை சாற்றி இருக்கிறது, "நந்தலாலாவின்" ஒவ்வொரு ஒலிக் குறிப்பிலும் !

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

300 வார்த்தைகள் வேண்டாம்! நெற்றிபொட்டில் அடித்தாற் போல் இந்த பத்திருபது வார்த்தைகள் போதும் ஒரு இசை தொகுப்பின் மேன்மையை உணர்த்த.
படித்தவுடன் கண்கள் பனிக்க வைத்த ஆனந்த விகடனுக்கு நன்றி.
:D

raja_fan
22nd January 2009, 12:59 PM
300 வார்த்தைகள் வேண்டாம்! நெற்றிபொட்டில் அடித்தாற் போல் இந்த பத்திருபது வார்த்தைகள் போதும் ஒரு இசை தொகுப்பின் மேன்மையை உணர்த்த.

Yes. A very happy note. Hope this will drive people towards buying the CDs.

But why does IR fail in his "zha" prounciation in "Mella oorndhu.." ? He sings "vali" for "vazhi" :(
This is the first time I am hearing IR failing in "zha" sound...carelessness..eh ?

vigneshram
22nd January 2009, 02:41 PM

Though its good to see such a review from AV, I don't generally consider their reviews, coz they equally praise any album that gets released. They are getting like Dinathanthi reviews. Even Srikanth deva's albums get heaps of praises.

rajasaranam
22nd January 2009, 02:45 PM
With this happy feeling I'd like fans to revisit his albums released in 2000's to note how 'Raaja' never failed as a composer for any of the films. He is strictly a film music composer and composes for the film and its content. Whatever feel the film invokes in him will be delivered as music and in return the music will invoke the feel of the film. For example listen to this much dissed album 'karagattakaari' (http://www.mediafire.com/?zmdjyggk4mm). With Amazing nos. like 'kaattukili Kaattukili', 'Sadamaada Paechukellam', 'kotti Vecha Muthaey' and the 'Villu Paattu' Every single no. revolves around the movie, its theme and the situation for which they were composed. This was one of the albums where real instruments play a major part and is on par with his late 80's early 90's Gramathu Flicks :)

rajasaranam
22nd January 2009, 02:47 PM

Though its good to see such a review from AV, I don't generally consider their reviews, coz they equally praise any album that gets released. They are getting like Dinathanthi reviews. Even Srikanth deva's albums get heaps of praises.

I dont think they had ever praised any other album in such an authoritative manner. :|

raja_fan
22nd January 2009, 09:17 PM
* deleted *

ananth222
22nd January 2009, 09:47 PM
AV reviews are not going to affect IR's public image in the wider world - for that we need different steps. If it does happen though, we may get some intriguing music from IR.

baroque
23rd January 2009, 12:29 AM
With this happy feeling I'd like fans to revisit his albums released in 2000's to note how 'Raaja' never failed as a composer for any of the films.

Oh, yeah.. this morning I woke up to heart warming SIMHENDRAMADHYAMAM, flute passages haunting - that echo flute.. our Raaja's signature... enhance the mood of pathos...பாடித்திரிந்த என் தோழி....காக்கை சிறகினிலே ... WHAT A MASTERPIECE! EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT COMPOSITION IS PERFECT. :musicsmile:

Great... simple but very bewitching அம்மன் புகழ் பாட...கண்ணாத்தாள் and மாலை வெயில் அழகி.... கண்ணாத்தாள் ... two gems. :musicsmile:
Folkish Ilayaraaja in காத்தே காத்தே என் காதோடு சொல்லு ...காதல் ஜாதி , Mellifluous flute ,Urumi melam in second interlude amazing!! :ty:
VINATHA. :)

NormalMan
23rd January 2009, 03:47 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14842906

After all this !!

... is planning to do a super hero film Mugamudi., to be directed by Mysskin... Mysskin, who is busy with his Nandalala will finalise the new script after the film is released. The film will have music by AR Rahman ...

raja_fan
23rd January 2009, 06:34 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14842906

After all this !!

... is planning to do a super hero film Mugamudi., to be directed by Mysskin... Mysskin, who is busy with his Nandalala will finalise the new script after the film is released. The film will have music by AR Rahman ...

Let us hope he doesn't do to ARR what he did to IR by chopping off his gems from the film...

nallaa vandhu vaaikkaraanungappaa IR-ukkunu :banghead:

RR
24th January 2009, 05:33 AM
Guys,

Digressions have gone enough. I have moved them to a new topic:

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12592

Pls continue there and leave this thread for Nandhalala discussions.

Osho
24th January 2009, 03:48 PM
If its inspired by "Kikurijo" (seems likely), then there is lot of scope for some great background score. The original sound track by Joe Hisaishi is widely famous across the world and more so in japan .

Sample these

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=CjXvptz3pW8&feature=related

The summer track was simple yet gives you so much joy on hearing. Lets see how ir goes on about delivering the BGM for this movie. Keeping my fingers crossed here

MumbaiRamki
24th January 2009, 07:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kikujiro

kikujiro looks like a definitive source of nandalala

irir123
24th January 2009, 07:44 PM
The composer Joe Hisaishi has quite an impressive array of scores to his credit!!

Wikipedia says "While possessing a stylistically distinct sound, Hisaishi's music has been known to explore and incorporate different genres, including minimalist, experimental electronic, European classical, and Japanese classical. Lesser known are the other musical roles he plays; he is also a typesetter, author, arranger, and head of orchestra."

looks like he is the IR of Japan!!

MumbaiRamki
24th January 2009, 08:46 PM
The composer Joe Hisaishi has quite an impressive array of scores to his credit!!

Wikipedia says "While possessing a stylistically distinct sound, Hisaishi's music has been known to explore and incorporate different genres, including minimalist, experimental electronic, European classical, and Japanese classical. Lesser known are the other musical roles he plays; he is also a typesetter, author, arranger, and head of orchestra."

looks like he is the IR of Japan!!

I would thank the person who introduced Hisaisahi in forumhub -> Splendid score man !! I wish Mysskin released th OST .

rajasaranam
25th January 2009, 09:49 AM
Sounds a lot like 'Paul Mauriat' Instantly likeable. Hmmm... Ennio Morricone'kku appuram ivarayum enlist'la saerthachu :)

viraajan
25th January 2009, 01:40 PM
Nandhalala OST must be released to satisfy IR fans. At least to compensate the injustice of "excluding the two songs" :P

Hope Mysskin hears our shouting!

ananth222
26th January 2009, 12:40 AM
Nandhalala music, Myskin interview:
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=c9619df8c8a5a6c2717a

irir123
26th January 2009, 01:19 AM
ananth222 - thats an old video!

that BGM from 7:22 to 7:09 is from ANJATHEY! its not IR's

crvenky
26th January 2009, 11:01 AM
irir23, I have copied some portions of the video here:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBSVWRrdGpiV3pIRGc9PQ

Please hear these, it sounds IRish only.

crvenky
27th January 2009, 02:56 PM
I was just thinking about Nandala songs and thought why not these be used for situations/moods in Taare Zamin Par. May be - Vaandu koottame for the boy's intro, Mella oorndhu as a fantasy song for his creativeness, Thalattu ketka for his agonies in hostel & so on. Any interesting observations here?

krish244
27th January 2009, 07:05 PM
Rediff's music review of Nandalala:

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2009/jan/27tamil-music-review-nandhalala.htm

Says, its pleasing to ears.

thanks,

Krishnan

Fliflo
27th January 2009, 10:42 PM
She gives just 2 stars. She gave 3 stars for naan-kadavul. I haven't seen one rediff review praising IR's album. Typical north indian bias. So just ignore it.

raagas
27th January 2009, 11:46 PM
Typical north indian bias. So just ignore it.

an unnecessary and controversial comment.

Fliflo, lets not be divisive in things we do or things we like or things about which we have opinions. it is because one feels a 'bias' about the opposite person that the opposite person too begins to feel the bias. and it multiplies.

Nobody originally had any bias, be it north or south. it is all mis-perception that led to the actual formation of bias. it is high time we look beyond such walls or if possible, break them, instead of adding more.

Sorry if i sounded preachy, but lets not have divisive opinions atleast in/about music.

Fliflo
28th January 2009, 12:20 AM
raagas,

What you are saying makes total sense. My comment was an outburst of not seeing even a single IR's movie getting 4 stars in rediff in past 10 years. Not fair at all. Please read some comments of the rediff readers below the review article. I am not defending though. At least, Pavithra's review is tolearble against Shobha Warrier's.

Thanks!

irir123
28th January 2009, 12:52 AM
add IR's score for HEY RAM! not a word about "Nee paartha" or the Hindi version of it!

app_engine
28th January 2009, 03:19 AM
NI bias? :-) :-) எழுதறவங்க எல்லாம் கேரளத்துக்காரங்கப்பா:-)

NOM:-)

ananth222
28th January 2009, 03:28 AM
NI bias? :-) :-) எழுதறவங்க எல்லாம் கேரளத்துக்காரங்கப்பா:-)

NOM:-)I think its மும்பயில் உள்ள கேரளத்துக்காரங்க

SVN
28th January 2009, 03:20 PM
ஆமாம். மும்பையில் இருக்கும் கேரளத்தமிழர்களில் அரைகுறை knowledge வைத்துக்கோண்டு இப்படி journalist ஆக நிறைய பேர் இருக்காங்க! "ஆ பங்கய ஒன்னு சாலு செய்" - இப்படி Ta-Mal-Hindi பேசிக்கோண்டு, விஷால்-ஷேகர் போன்றவர்களை 'Prolific composers', 'Maestros' என்று கூறிக்கோன்டு... இவங்க தொல்லை தாங்கலப்பா!

raagas
28th January 2009, 03:35 PM
raagas,

What you are saying makes total sense. My comment was an outburst of not seeing even a single IR's movie getting 4 stars in rediff in past 10 years. Not fair at all. Please read some comments of the rediff readers below the review article. I am not defending though. At least, Pavithra's review is tolearble against Shobha Warrier's.

Thanks!

then the fault lies with the knowledge levels of the authors who write reviews and their aesthetic senses. we will be just engaged in "you are biased" kind of talk, if we attribute the fault to region. North Indians think Southies are biased and Southies think vice-versa. where is the end to it?
I think the reviewers are not that musically knowledgeable and part of it also goes to their taste of music. My point is, we neednt bother about what a not-so-knowledgable person or a person who is inclined to some other kind of music(or by some other composers) thinks about a good album. To be fair, it is their taste, whatever.
ofcourse, you will question about their validity, when posted in a public domain like a popular website.But then, will a certain review discourage a music lover to try out an album? I doubt so, more so when it comes to IR. Liking or disliking is personal issue, but IR still has many fans who will listen to any new album of his, despite what is being written about it. you, me and our fellow members here, for instance.

eagle
1st February 2009, 01:39 AM
Wonder why neither bala or myskin insisted on theme music for their movies!! both movies have heavy themes... i presume that raaja wud have done a fabulous job in the background score. but i feel theme music shd have been there in the audio CD. Cheenikum theme music was damn gud i often listen to it.

Somehow i feel lyrics are Achilles' heel for Raaja nowadays much more than synthetic sounds... instrumental music from him wud b a pure bliss to listen to... mumbai express...

Sureshs65
1st February 2009, 12:01 PM
Eagle,

I find what you said about Raja and lyrics true, especially in the Hindi albums. Cheeni Kum was bad and so was Shiva. I mean, 'Sara Ae Aalam' would have been much better song but for the very ordinary lyrics. It was the bad luck of fans that Raja and Vairamuthu fell out. We had some nice lyrics in the ARR and Vairamuthu combination. Unfortunately that partnership too disappeared. Now while there are some good lyricists, the days of music and lyrics combining to give you pleasure have receded. Hope things will change in the near future. I have mostly given up on Hindi since they write in English half the time. I am hoping atleast in Telugu and Tamil we could get some nice lyrics because there are still people like Veturi, Seetharamasastry and Vairamuthu who are active.

The lyrics in Nandalala were decent but probably not something out of the ordinary. Many a times I have wished for much better lyrics for Raja's later day songs. Sorry for the digression in this thread but couldn't resist it.

S.Suresh

Sureshs65
1st February 2009, 12:08 PM
Infact if someone were to ask me if Raja should go for better recording quality or go for a better lyricist, I would vote for the latter.

The last album where I liked both the lyrics and music of Raja was 'Mallepoovu'. That had Veturi. The last non-Raja album which had a lovely combination of music and lyrics was the Telugu movie 'Godavari'. I think it too had Veturi as the lyricist. Music by Radhakrishna.

S.Suresh

Sureshs65
1st February 2009, 12:09 PM
The 'last non-Raja album' should read as 'last non-Raja album that I heard'.

raagas
1st February 2009, 10:58 PM
Ir's new hindi film SRK has lyrics by Gulzar. I am hopeful about that.

Also, i wish we get to see an IR album, in Hindi, with Javed Akhtar, because even he is a wonderful lyricist, who understands the mood, the composer's sensibilities and weaves words accordingly.

In the new generation, Prasoon Joshi does show some promise.

Wish IR does some Hindi films.

krish244
2nd February 2009, 06:49 PM
Ir's new hindi film SRK has lyrics by Gulzar. I am hopeful about that.

Don't know when this movie will get released. All of Vinay Pathak's recent movies (almost all comedies) have come and gone and still no news of this movie getting released! Yes, even I am eager to see how this movie (and songs/BGM) has turned out.

In the new generation, Prasoon Joshi does show some promise.

He has worked once with IR for "Kaun Dagar" song from the movie Lajja. Wish he gets to work again with IR.

Also, whenever IR gets an offer from Hindi, he should insist on these lyricist, but I am not sure if he knows that these are best . I remember reading in an interview (during recording of shiva/cheeni kum songs...i think in screen india website) that he preferred Sameer as he is comfortable working with. So, I am not sure what goes on (and who) in selecting the lyricist. My guess is, if IR is asked for any particular lyricist, he asks for Sameer, otherwise its left to director/producer's choice.

Wish IR does some Hindi films.

I think he does not get much offers from Hindi, but most of the recent ones (3-4 years) he got were more meaningful than his Tamil ones.

thanks,

Krishnan

kiru
3rd February 2009, 09:02 AM
Infact if someone were to ask me if Raja should go for better recording quality or go for a better lyricist, I would vote for the latter. ...

S.Suresh

Second that. (with Suresh around I dont need to post :D )

kiru
3rd February 2009, 09:03 AM
...i think in screen india website) that he preferred Sameer as he is comfortable working with. So, I am not sure what goes on (and who) in selecting the lyricist. My guess is, if IR is asked for any particular lyricist, he asks for Sameer, otherwise its left to director/producer's choice.
Krishnan

Maybe Sameer lets IR backseat drive the Hindi lyrics too !!!!
(apparently I am told IR comes up with the starting line of hindi songs too)

irir123
3rd February 2009, 09:29 AM
IR and Hindi! Kiru, i dont believe that theory !

krish244
3rd February 2009, 10:39 AM
Maybe Sameer lets IR backseat drive the Hindi lyrics too !!!!
(apparently I am told IR comes up with the starting line of hindi songs too)

Yes, but I think it just happened in one song. If I am not wrong it was told by some director while praising IR's involvement towards composing for a situation.

thanks,

Krishnan

raagas
3rd February 2009, 01:47 PM
I am no scholar in Hindi, but having listened to some the best lyricists in Hindi (and Urdu) so far, i feel Sameer is absolutely a pathetic choice.
Gulzar and Javed Akhtar are the only two lyricists who are carrying the legacy of 'Good lyrics'. Prasoon Joshi is new and he is showing his own new but good style of writing. Thanks for pointing out that he wrote 'Kaun Dagar'.
Swanand Kirkire is also good.

Sameer's work is pedestrain. It is just that IR doesnt know Hindi (meaning, the essence of the language, the sensibilities and the poetry that can come out it, rather than plain knowing the talkative aspect of the language) that he chooses Sameer. Thats quite sad. Cheeni Kum did have OK lyrics, but i think if Gulzar or Javed Akhtar wrote them, they would have done super justice. Frankly, i did not find Cheeni Kum lyrics to be great, they were just not-bad and just there.

Dragun
4th February 2009, 10:45 AM
Does IR choose the lyricists in Hindi? Did he ever work with Gulzar on any film besides Sadma?

Sanjeevi
4th February 2009, 12:10 PM
Superb advance booking for NK in Satyam

https://www.thecinema.in/thecinema.in/cinemalite.html

MrJudge
4th February 2009, 12:30 PM

edukku NL thread-la? :roll:

raja_fan
4th February 2009, 01:00 PM
Moderators,

please...What is going on here...? How many thread we have and what is for what...?

Full confusions of India !!

MrJudge
4th February 2009, 01:13 PM
Moderators,

please...What is going on here...? How many thread we have and what is for what...?

Full confusions of India !!

What is wrong having separate threads for each soundtrack?

raja_fan
4th February 2009, 01:50 PM
Mr.Judge,

You are asking me that ? :)

Sanjeevi wrote:

edukku NL thread-la?

MrJudge
4th February 2009, 06:02 PM
Mr.Judge,

You are asking me that ? :)

He posted it in the wrong thread, I just pointed it out, that's all.

raja_fan
4th February 2009, 06:23 PM
Mr.Judge,

I think I pointed out the same. Seriously we have 4/5 threads now to track ! people post anything anywhere..

What is going on here...? How many thread we have and what is for what...?

raagas
5th February 2009, 12:19 AM
OOps... sorry friends, for posting things which are not related to Nandhalala.

Actually, i forgot about the name of the thread and replied solely looking at previous posts.

raja_fan
5th February 2009, 03:45 PM
Eppoppaa release ????????

Kadavule vandhuttaaru..nandhalaalaavai kaaanome........

MrJudge
5th February 2009, 07:12 PM
Eppoppaa release ????????

Kadavule vandhuttaaru..nandhalaalaavai kaaanome........

Probably next month.

Renault
5th February 2009, 08:34 PM
I read in Sify that NL is having a release date of 20th of this month.

crvenky
10th February 2009, 02:42 PM
Vaandu koottame song is retained in Nandhalala.

http://www.chennaionline.com/tamil/newsitem.aspx?NEWSID=a2a8d192-bf66-472f-909d-1d3ba6cee07b&CATEGORYNAME=TFILM

crajkumar_be
10th February 2009, 02:50 PM
Vaandu koottame song is retained in Nandhalala.

http://www.chennaionline.com/tamil/newsitem.aspx?NEWSID=a2a8d192-bf66-472f-909d-1d3ba6cee07b&CATEGORYNAME=TFILM
:(

jaiganes
10th February 2009, 10:45 PM
Mysskin uncle mysskin uncle...
enakku kai veesi paattu venum!!!

ananth222
10th February 2009, 11:22 PM
"mella oorndhu" is the best song imo after "onnukkonu", and its also the perfect "montage" song. It would have been easy to fit it in the film... wonder what Mysskin was thinking...

thumburu
11th February 2009, 06:19 PM
I would have simply loved "mella orrndhu" only if it were sung by a female singer with caliber of SJ/Chitra . Most of the songs are based on Shankarabharanam scale. to give a light feel unlike heavy duty stuff like Rasikapriya/PanthuvaraaLi/Hamsanandhi which he resorted to in the case of NK. How I wish Myshkin excluded that boring "thaalaattu ketka" and accommodated the rest !!!
BTW, "Kai veesi" is of "Abheri" scale like "megam karukkudhu mazhai vara paakudhu" from "Anandha ragam" fame.

crajkumar_be
11th February 2009, 07:02 PM
How I wish Myshkin excluded that boring "thaalaattu ketka" and accommodated the rest !!!
Strongly agree

popeye11
11th February 2009, 08:34 PM
How I wish Myshkin excluded that boring "thaalaattu ketka" and accommodated the rest !!!
Strongly agree

:notthatway: "Thaalatu Ketka" is one of Raaja's recent best.. strong Vintage Raaja feel listening to this song.. Absolutely love this one

Sanjeevi
11th February 2009, 08:51 PM
Strongly agree

:notthatway: "Thaalatu Ketka" is one of Raaja's recent best.. strong Vintage Raaja feel listening to this song.. Absolutely love this one

Strongly disagree to exclude 'Thalaattu' song

Nerd
11th February 2009, 09:20 PM
I would exclude Oru vaaNdu koottamE and kai veesi and include the rest. Kai veesi is KRish and vaaNdu koottamE IMO is the worst song in NL/NK combined.

crajkumar_be
11th February 2009, 09:23 PM
Kai Veesi pramaadhamaana paattaache. Very good tune and backing music...

Thaalaattu is not just not there.. vandu koottam-um adhe dhaan

Nerd
11th February 2009, 09:31 PM
ada pongappA.. Kannil paarvai yE thookkittAinga :twisted:

vasanth2006
11th February 2009, 09:49 PM
Strongly agree

I agree. I love this song/tune/Raja's singing.

Sureshs65
11th February 2009, 10:27 PM
My feeling is, include everything :) Seriously, it is a nice album and all songs would have fitted well with whatever Myskin has been saying till now about the movie.

popeye11
12th February 2009, 09:03 AM
My feeling is, include everything :) Seriously, it is a nice album and all songs would have fitted well with whatever Myskin has been saying till now about the movie.

Adhu ! :exactly: Ella paatayum include panni iruntha :thumbsup: irunthirukum..

MrJudge
12th February 2009, 11:35 AM

But looks like Bala and Mysskin don't want to have 25-30 mins for songs on screen as they like to have more space for their screenplays, nothing wrong about it. Either they should just use these songs as part of the background score (like used in hollywood films) while the story is evolving or shoot songs and just release them as promo videos on TV.... that will be a good idea.

crajkumar_be
12th February 2009, 01:16 PM
But looks like Bala and Mysskin don't want to have 25-30 mins for songs on screen as they like to have more space for their screenplays, nothing wrong about it.
This maybe fine as far as Mysskin/NL is concerned but Bala senjadhu kutram! Kannil Paarvai ku badhila vera paatta edhukku use pannanum :evil:

complicateur
12th February 2009, 02:57 PM
This maybe fine as far as Mysskin/NL is concerned but Bala senjadhu kutram! Kannil Paarvai ku badhila vera paatta edhukku use pannanum :evil:
Actually oru theory irukku, but I think I might be giving him too much credit.

MrJudge
12th February 2009, 07:04 PM
But looks like Bala and Mysskin don't want to have 25-30 mins for songs on screen as they like to have more space for their screenplays, nothing wrong about it.

illa Bala.... I think he has cut them out to get his money back. If more Pooja side story shown, regulars will get frustrated as the film gets longer and longer.

I have only one wish for dir.Bala...release the full version (I mean after the censor edited it) after 5 or 6 months down the line only in selected theaters for a week or two, promote it in a reasonable way atleast for people like us. :)

rooky
15th February 2009, 11:59 AM
5 or 6 songs.., doesn't matter.let the movie even have a single song, the best song of the album and let that get enough screen time on TVs.I will be happy for that..

rooky
15th February 2009, 12:02 PM
On the other note, the director can picturise all the songs and can give that only for the channels,without few of them not being part of the movie...

i remember one such movie..vijaykanth's vanchinathan had two songs played on TVs regularly, but when i watched the movie, movie had no songs at all...only fights throughout :)

Nerd
20th February 2009, 09:16 AM
While revisiting some of Raja's old albums today I ran across another Gypsy song. Its from Parthiban's Housefull. Was that one composed by Raja?

Fliflo
20th February 2009, 02:11 PM
Known but Interesting

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2009/February/200209c.asp

krish244
10th March 2009, 11:52 PM
[tscii:2813135c18]Mysskin interview:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/45507.html

"Maestro Illayaraja – The Olympian; has he spelled something exceptional here?

Uh-huh! For the first time, he has used the instrument Oboe for background scoring. I had once heard the instrument in Hollywood movie 'Machine'. This musical instrument is so soothing that it's sure to get everyone transfixed on enchanting background score.

Looks like Illayaraja was upset over your elimination of songs.

Illayaraja had tuned 5 spellbinding melodies as I narrated my script. But as I glimpsed through first copy, only couple of songs were suitable for the screenplay and no options was left. Fine! Illayaraja was quite upset over this issue and then as he viewed the film, he could realize my work. "

thanks,

Krishnan[/tscii:2813135c18]

raja_fan
20th March 2009, 09:03 AM
Today is Mar-20. But where is Nandalala ???

rajasaranam
20th March 2009, 10:15 AM
Mysskin is not getting his facts right -> Raaja used oboe in the Malayalam movie 'Guru' for the first time.

dakaltiz
20th March 2009, 11:45 AM
Today's ergo reports that film release is postponed to may probably after elections...

raja_fan
20th March 2009, 12:17 PM
Today's ergo reports that film release is postponed to may probably after elections...

Oh ! Very good !
usual fate for any movie IR works ...:(

raagas
20th March 2009, 06:06 PM
Mysskin is not getting his facts right -> Raaja used oboe in the Malayalam movie 'Guru' for the first time.

Correct.

and after that too, there are many albums in which he has used. I think oboe is always there as a part of symphony orchestra. Hey Ram has oboe in its BGM. Even Lajja may be.
Needless to say Thiruvasakam.

app_engine
20th March 2009, 06:18 PM
Even there was article on IR using a Japanese oboe player for one of his albums a few years back.

This may just be a typical hype factor. Myskin, in that sense, disappoints as his interview otherwise showcases a very sophisticated personality.

venkiks
20th March 2009, 09:04 PM
Even there was article on IR using a Japanese oboe player for one of his albums a few years back.

This may just be a typical hype factor. Myskin, in that sense, disappoints as his interview otherwise showcases a very sophisticated personality.

I remember reading that oboe was used for Guru - Malayalam.

irir123
21st March 2009, 06:22 AM
i dont know why our people hype up the use of an instrument like oboe ?? its one of the most standard instruments used in any largescale symphony orchestra! as standard as basic as using some rhythm guitar in any light music piece - nothing great abt it

etho namma oor makkalukku idhellaam theriyaadhadhunaala, summaa 'pilim' kaamikka koodaadhu

in the same vein, any orchestra that plays anyone's piece will clap/applaud at the end, thats almost a formality, a ritual, a must! but edho IR music compose panni adhai vaasichadhukappuram dhaan, yellorum applaud senjadhu maadhiri oru impression create panna vendiya avasiyam edhukku ??

MumbaiRamki
21st March 2009, 02:31 PM
irir123,
Thats true for a performance on a stage ..but not so for cinema re-recordings :)

raagas
22nd March 2009, 12:59 AM
irir123,
Thats true for a performance on a stage ..but not so for cinema re-recordings :)

Actually no. It is a practice for any recording. The end-motive (concert or film or rehearsal or whatever) could be different, but westerners have the habit of ending any 'session' with an applause, just to end the day on a good note and have a feel good factor. and it is not just for clasiscal orchestra but any gathering of musicians does that. it is quite common. the applause is for the person who got them there to do that and also to everyone in the team. it is a gesture of respect and also enjoyment. it is a cultural aspect. thats all, and we can see it not only in music field, but anywhere. Like if my senior Managers come from abroad and we have a daylong session about something, be it a meeting or a just any event, they end the day by thanking the people who organize the event and also the participants, by clapping and standing ovation. Matter of gesture.

I dont mean to undermine IR's scores with budapest philharmonic orchestra. they are phenomenal. But i found it or i still find it odd when i read that the orchestra players gave standing ovation to IR. That they obviously will and it need not be hyped. What is more important is their reaction. Journalists shld write about how the orchestra felt, playing those pieces. Since they are knowledgeable, knowing their reactions would be more interesting. Mere standing ovation cannot be a barometer of IR's talent.

irir123
22nd March 2009, 06:26 AM
"Nandalala" - when is it releasing ??

Hulkster
22nd March 2009, 07:55 AM
May 15 after elections, news courtesy of orkut IR mod Alex.

Sanjeevi
6th December 2009, 12:44 PM
சாரு இளையராஜாவை பாராட்டுராரம்

http://charuonline.com/Dec2009/Nandalala.html

Bala (Karthik)
6th December 2009, 08:21 PM
[tscii:963e7b322d]
சாரு இளையராஜாவை பாராட்டுராரம்

http://charuonline.com/Dec2009/Nandalala.html

Full-a padikkala, ithoda niruthikkitten!

பிறகு விகடனில் அவருடைய பேட்டி ஒன்றைப் படித்தபோது ‘இவர் சாதாரண ஆள் இல்லை ’ என்று தோன்றியது. ஏனென்றால், என்னுடைய பேட்டி எப்படி இருக்குமோ அப்படி இருந்தது அந்தப் பேட்டி.
:rotfl3: :rotfl2:
[/tscii:963e7b322d]

viraajan
6th December 2009, 09:07 PM
[tscii:296fe37ec0]
Full-a padikkala, ithoda niruthikkitten!

பிறகு விகடனில் அவருடைய பேட்டி ஒன்றைப் படித்தபோது ‘இவர் சாதாரண ஆள் இல்லை ’ என்று தோன்றியது. ஏனென்றால், என்னுடைய பேட்டி எப்படி இருக்குமோ அப்படி இருந்தது அந்தப் பேட்டி.
:rotfl3: :rotfl2:
[/tscii:296fe37ec0]

:lol: :lol:

irir123
6th December 2009, 09:12 PM
how does charu make a living btw ??!

Bala (Karthik)
6th December 2009, 11:29 PM
I also have this long standing question. I mean, seriously. Does he write novels or something?

eagle
7th December 2009, 12:28 AM
I also have this long standing question. I mean, seriously. Does he write novels or something?

He is a novelist and quite good one too wrote short stories and columns for magazines. His style of writing is very engaging but cant say the same thing about substance.

His criticisms about raaja began as a non confirming attitude to the then prevalent worshiping tendency of the masses but somehow took a wrong turn when he started questioning the musical aspects and so his comparisons about world music and raaja's.

I dont think he made any significant improvement in his musical sense even after spending endless hours of listening to various genres cos his whole point was to disprove raja.

But i am curious to listen to BGM of nandalala and the international standard raaja had achieved.... :wink:

Plum
7th December 2009, 07:04 PM
But since Charu liked it, enakku light-A odharudhu. oru vELai, ordinary-A irukkumO? adhnAla dhAN Charu-ku pudichi pOchO ennamO?

app_engine
7th December 2009, 07:47 PM
enakku light-A odharudhu

Worry not, it may never see the light - even if it does, by then it will be a case of "ஆறின கஞ்சி பழங்கஞ்சி"!

ajaybaskar
6th April 2010, 08:36 PM
I think this film is gonna be released sooner or later. Yesterday, in Kamala cinemas, they showed a new trailer. GV Films is going to release the movie.

app_engine
6th April 2010, 08:59 PM
It's extremely funny to see the struggle of this movie to get released in theaters - while a dozen x-y-z movies get released every month.

Supposedly an "international" producer and a director whose two prior films (that comprise his total body of works) were commercial successes.

There could be only one reason - the end product isn't worth the money being asked for. (Not necessarily bad - there're tons of duds that get released every week - but NL must have been disproportionately priced).

And that could only be attributed to high production costs (and hence the producer cannot cut the sale price as that would mean a big loss, especially when coupled with other marketing costs - the losses may be much less if nothing more is done about it).

The logical end is to make an outright sale to another company - recover as much cost as possible and not spend a single more dime on it.

So, there's nothing to look forward - even if this gets released! Will be a dud is a foregone conclusion.

ராசாவுக்கு விழலுக்கு நீர் இறைத்துப்பழக்கம் தான் - அதிசயமில்லை. ஆனால், இப்படியா புடாபெஸ்ட் காரங்களையெல்லாம் கூட்டி வந்து இறைக்கிறது?

jaiganes
6th April 2010, 09:13 PM
It's extremely funny to see the struggle of this movie to get released in theaters - while a dozen x-y-z movies get released every month.

Supposedly an "international" producer and a director whose two prior films (that comprise his total body of works) were commercial successes.

There could be only one reason - the end product isn't worth the money being asked for. (Not necessarily bad - there're tons of duds that get released every week - but NL must have been disproportionately priced).

And that could only be attributed to high production costs (and hence the producer cannot cut the sale price as that would mean a big loss, especially when coupled with other marketing costs - the losses may be much less if nothing more is done about it).

The logical end is to make an outright sale to another company - recover as much cost as possible and not spend a single more dime on it.

So, there's nothing to look forward - even if this gets released! Will be a dud is a foregone conclusion.

ராசாவுக்கு விழலுக்கு நீர் இறைத்துப்பழக்கம் தான் - அதிசயமில்லை. ஆனால், இப்படியா புடாபெஸ்ட் காரங்களையெல்லாம் கூட்டி வந்து இறைக்கிறது?
A_E - ungalukku thamizhnaattu distributor - financiergalai paththi onyume theriyalaingaradhu romba thelivu. This is not a market where the farmer knows the cow - idhu pallai paakaamale maadu vaangara sandhai. Angaadi theru was also lying in the cans for a long long time - why - no one knows.

app_engine
6th April 2010, 09:32 PM
A_E - ungalukku thamizhnaattu distributor - financiergalai paththi onyume theriyalaingaradhu romba thelivu. This is not a market where the farmer knows the cow - idhu pallai paakaamale maadu vaangara sandhai.

Looks like I'm not alone in this ignorant group (Mysskin etc can be added to the "Mr Ignorant" list ) :-)

irir123
7th April 2010, 08:44 AM

i have not given up hope in such a fashion (at least not yet!)

Mullum malarum (the producer-financier ran away after seeing the rushes of the film shot ! only the climax and some song were left to be shot and Mahendran had noone to finance him - enter Kamal, who saw the film, was so impressed with it, he financed the rest of the film and also helped Mahendran in getting distributors to release the film! the rest is history),
Nayagan (something similar - GV cudnt find enough distributors and enough screens in chennai - but WOM did everything for the film - NAYAGAN made history)

Kamal has seen NL and is immensely impressed with the output! thats enough for me - I have great hopes on Kamal the fan (with one film every 2 years, my hopes on Kamal the creator are dwindling, so Kamal the fan comes to the fore! :roll: )

so this film might still break even, or even make history - lets wait!

Dragun
30th August 2010, 07:09 AM
Did Nandalala ever get released?

viraajan
30th August 2010, 02:46 PM
thavaru... thiruthi koLLungaL...

Will it ever be released?

rajasaranam
15th September 2010, 08:32 PM
[tscii:96903ef828]MEETING MYSSKIN (http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/between-reviews-meeting-mysskin/)

There was a storyboarded part – about 45 minutes (some 250 shots), with another climax, but it’s now cut from the film.

Was this the legendary Climax Mysskin was always talking about which had no dialogues - Only BGM! :huh: :( WTF :argh: :rant: :curse: :angry2: :sigh2: [/tscii:96903ef828]

gurusaravanan
4th November 2010, 03:01 AM
November 26il intha kolanthai pirakindrathu...

app_engine
4th November 2010, 07:34 PM
MSN quotes "galAttA" (http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4538387)

As requested by Mysskin, music director Ilayaraja composed a symphony for the film's background and its intense climax. Mysskin had also flown in special symphony artists from Hungary to work with maestro Ilayaraja on the symphony.

kid-glove
4th November 2010, 07:38 PM
MSN quotes "galAttA" (http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4538387)

As requested by Mysskin, music director Ilayaraja composed a symphony for the film's background and its intense climax. Mysskin had also flown in special symphony artists from Hungary to work with maestro Ilayaraja on the symphony.

:shaking: :P

Plum
4th November 2010, 09:50 PM
SymphonyA?

MumbaiRamki
8th November 2010, 02:24 PM
Galatta , MSN , charu are guys to be ignored. They have to write something, else they will be out of business. SO the trick is to amplify things and selectively pin point the news for maximum viewership.

Sureshs65
12th November 2010, 05:28 PM
Got this on twitter today. A one min trailer of Nandalala. Wonderful music for one minute!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiCbMFhyQLo&feature=share

app_engine
12th November 2010, 07:44 PM
Got this on twitter today. A one min trailer of Nandalala. Wonderful music for one minute!!!

Stunning (guess the BSO musicians who came to Chennai were the players here)!

I'm sure the movie'll be worth visiting purely for BGM!

NormalMan
12th November 2010, 09:20 PM
Stunning !!! This is exactly I have been missing in IR's BGM's recently - SUSTAINING THEME SCORE

jaiganes
12th November 2010, 09:25 PM

Stunning (guess the BSO musicians who came to Chennai were the players here)!

I'm sure the movie'll be worth visiting purely for BGM!

As expected!!!

Sanjeevi
12th November 2010, 09:26 PM
Dazzling background music

Thanks Miskin for atleast you gave visuals which induced Ilayaraja

NormalMan
12th November 2010, 09:39 PM
Few more here - stunning,
http://www.ayngaran.com/frame.php?iframepath=home.php

MumbaiRamki
13th November 2010, 05:57 AM
Few more here - stunning,
http://www.ayngaran.com/frame.php?iframepath=home.php

The link does not directly go to trailers & vidoes ... You need couple of clicks

app_engine
23rd November 2010, 02:27 AM
indhu intrew (http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article900248.ece)

"In 20 years, a director can possibly make a couple of 'good' movies. Nandalala takes that place in my career. It will touch hearts. That's why it needed an Ilaiyaraaja to weave in sadness and hope to a story of two boys, one of whom is 20-plus yet a child at heart, in search of their mothers," says Mysskin.

app_engine
23rd November 2010, 02:47 AM
Meanwhile, films like Nandalala are having a limited release (less than 80 screens). Says a trade analyst, "There is no point in spending huge amounts of money on promotion as it's not a mass film and only needs a limited technical theatrical release for the sake of telecasting it soon on television." (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Tamil-film-distributors-in-a-dilemma/articleshow/6941809.cms)

Hope they release on DVD to enjoy the quality of BG score.

kid-glove
23rd November 2010, 03:09 AM
Was mentioning just that (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2302026#2302026)to Maddy.

I really wonder how Mysskin got a major release. I was fearing for direct-to-video/tv.

AravindMano
23rd November 2010, 10:10 AM
Quite a decent number of screens actually. Sathyam, Escape, PVR, Inox, AGS, Udhayam, Kamala, Abhirami, Mayajal and few small screens. No of shows would be clear only by Thursday.

When they said minimal release I thought something like a weekend morning show in Sathyam. :P

rooky
23rd November 2010, 11:10 AM
From what i see in the newspaper ads, Nandhalala has more screens In Chennai than any other movie releasing this Friday and definitely more than Uttamaputhran, that release for Diwali :)

rajasaranam
23rd November 2010, 12:11 PM
The long wait ends and the journey begins....
http://3.ly/QzM8

Sureshs65
23rd November 2010, 06:31 PM
RS,

Hoping you will be there FDFS. Not sure if they are releasing it in Blore. Anyway I am waiting for your comments here once you see the movie. And the comments of other hubbers as well. I am sure many would be there on Friday.

app_engine
23rd November 2010, 08:28 PM
NL's 3rd character (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-10-04/nandalala-mysskin-23-11-10.html)

மறுபடி மறுபடி சொல்லீட்டிருக்கார், சில நாட்களில் தெரிஞ்சுடும்...

app_engine
23rd November 2010, 08:40 PM
Some negative publicity (http://shajiwriter.blogspot.com/2010/11/myshkins-nandalala.html)

:wink:

Looks like this fellow has started translating into Thamizh (http://musicshaji.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post.html) and trying a hand in typing also :

நவம்பர் 26ல் வெலிவருகிறது
பாருங்கள்..
நீங்களே நிறைவுக்கு வாருங்கள்

gurusaravanan
23rd November 2010, 09:52 PM
Toi sreedhar pillai gave 3.25/5...

Sanjeevi
23rd November 2010, 11:41 PM
Some negative publicity (http://shajiwriter.blogspot.com/2010/11/myshkins-nandalala.html)

:wink:

Looks like this fellow has started translating into Thamizh (http://musicshaji.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post.html) and trying a hand in typing also :

நவம்பர் 26ல் வெலிவருகிறது
பாருங்கள்..
நீங்களே நிறைவுக்கு வாருங்கள்

was about to post the same

look at 'verum' Music but glorifying words for all other departments

app_engine
24th November 2010, 01:30 AM
rAsA comment (http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Sunday%20Kondattam&artid=334688&SectionID=144&MainSectionID=144&SEO=&Title=)

""குஞ்சுக்கு சிறகுகள் துளிர் விட்டாதான் முட்டையை உடைச்சுகிட்டு வெளியே வரும். அதே மாதிரிதான் உன் "நந்தலாலா'வும் இப்போ வருது''ன்னு சொன்னார் இளையராஜா.

Fliflo
24th November 2010, 02:43 AM
PREVIEW

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-previews/preview-1/nandalala-movie-preview.html

TEAM INTERVIEW

http://www.videos.behindwoods.com/videos-q1-09/actor-actress-events/nandalala-team-interview-23-11-10.html

I can't watch this video though due to security issues

baroque
24th November 2010, 08:25 AM
:ty: for the review link.

ahaa...touching story theme indeed.
searching for mom & her love.

Long time ago Hindi cinema gave AAKHRI KHAT...khayyam , Rafi & Lata....serene baharon mera jeevan...pahadi rag, soulful mere chanda mere nanhe....Lata's lori and a jazz track too. :musicsmile:

sometime during 90s, I watched the movie.

radiant black & white camera, heart touching toddler, wonderful compositions of Khayyam saab....still remember the opening scene...a woman carrying a chubby toddler in the hustle & bustle of the city sounds, train crossing, city crowd, church chorus singing, bells and Khayyam's Jazz bgm track....chubby kutti's 'mammaa' calls.
memorable work.

let us see what Myskin has done with the heart touching theme...

it sounds deep with couple of more characters.
ம்ம்ம்.....so tearjerker & sappy
I am ready with a box of tissues ...I enjoy heartwrenching movies. :cry2:
wishes Myskin.

vinatha.

rajasaranam
24th November 2010, 10:37 AM
RS,

Hoping you will be there FDFS. Not sure if they are releasing it in Blore. Anyway I am waiting for your comments here once you see the movie. And the comments of other hubbers as well. I am sure many would be there on Friday.

:) going on Saturday. I liked Mysskins earlier 2 films, Hope he doesnt disappoint this time :oops:

MumbaiRamki
24th November 2010, 11:22 AM
Im planning to se eit friday morning or night show !

raagas
24th November 2010, 11:54 AM
Can anyone get in touch with Mysskin and get the BGM released, atleast online?

raajarasigan
24th November 2010, 04:26 PM
[tscii:2056fb3071]Illayaraja to watch ‘Nandhalala’ with fans and family
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, November 24, 2010]

Director Mysskin’s long awaited film ‘Nandhalala’ is releasing on this Friday and it is a much talked about film already. One of the big reasons for that hype is the music of Illayaraja.

This is a Maestro Illayaraja scored film hitting the theatres after a long time and the online Illayaraja Fans Community is celebrating it in style.

According to information reaching us, Online Fans Community of Illayaraja will have a special show on Sunday at Sathyam Cinemas and a 100 of them will watch ‘Nandhalala’ along with members of Illayaraja’s family. This must be a real treat for Raja fans.

‘Nandhalala’ is an emotional tale of a mentally retarded man and a small boy who is his only friend. Mysskin himself plays the lead role with Snightha and Ashwath Ram playing the other pivotal. The film which was launched in mid-2008 is releasing on November 26.
[/tscii:2056fb3071]

MumbaiRamki
24th November 2010, 05:47 PM
Booked for friday night in ESCAPE :)

kanna_82
24th November 2010, 07:10 PM
Just heard the bgm clips from nandhalala...
What a power in this mans mind...my God...getting ready to get another milestone in tamil cinema...!
This is why I still rate IR above all the others...the only musician to touch the deepest place inside u.
My life and soul is bowing for his music.
Love ur music forever IR

raajarasigan
24th November 2010, 08:05 PM
Booked for friday night in ESCAPE :)sustu missu.. naanum anga than pannalamnu irundhen.. ticket kedaikkala.. :(

Fliflo
24th November 2010, 08:19 PM
Nakkheeran Review (or Preview)

நந்தலாலா - இளையராஜாவின் இசை சாம்ராஜ்யம்

http://cinema.nakkheeran.in/Talkies.aspx?T=742

MumbaiRamki
24th November 2010, 08:20 PM
raajarasigan,
I think i was the last to book 9 except one seat in first row ) .. happy to see a good opening in multiplexes !

raajarasigan
24th November 2010, 09:48 PM
raajarasigan,
I think i was the last to book 9 except one seat in first row ) .. happy to see a good opening in multiplexes !when I looked, first two rows (closer to the screen right?) were there but did NOT book (as it will be very close)..

now booked in Mayajaal - Friday 10.30 PM show.. :boo: andha show'kku naandhan first booking.. :D

going with our fellow hubbers... :wink:

A.ANAND
25th November 2010, 09:50 AM
[tscii:062ddeb072]Illayaraja to watch ‘Nandhalala’ with fans and family
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, November 24, 2010] 0 Comments

Director Mysskin’s long awaited film ‘Nandhalala’ is releasing on this Friday and it is a much talked about film already. One of the big reasons for that hype is the music of Illayaraja.

This is a Maestro Illayaraja scored film hitting the theatres after a long time and the online Illayaraja Fans Community is celebrating it in style.

According to information reaching us, Online Fans Community of Illayaraja will have a special show on Sunday at Sathyam Cinemas and a 100 of them will watch ‘Nandhalala’ along with members of Illayaraja’s family. This must be a real treat for Raja fans.

‘Nandhalala’ is an emotional tale of a mentally retarded man and a small boy who is his only friend. Mysskin himself plays the lead role with Snightha and Ashwath Ram playing the other pivotal. The film which was launched in mid-2008 is releasing on November 26.

[/tscii:062ddeb072]

raajarasigan
25th November 2010, 09:32 PM
[tscii:d304676540]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/nandalala-movie-review.html

Rating - **** :D

In all these portions the words that are left unsaid are magnificently conveyed by Ilaiyaraja’s notes. Mysskin had said during the making of the movie that Ilaiyaraja’s score will be one of the characters of the movie; how true. Each and every sound from the master elevates the movie to a new level. Oscar or not; he is the ultimate genius when it comes to creating soulful music that enhances the viewing experience. [/tscii:d304676540] :clap: very excited to watch the movie after seeing this review...

kanna_82
25th November 2010, 09:54 PM
U feel the impact the movie has given the person in this review...hope to hear a lot abt the movie tomorrow from u ppl..!!!

skr
25th November 2010, 10:11 PM
[tscii:d0d49a84a0]Nandalala lauded by Behindwoods
"Each and every sound from the master elevates the movie to a new level. Oscar or not; he is the ultimate genius when it comes to creating soulful music that enhances the viewing experience"
Read the full review..
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/nandalala-movie-review.html

Sify also has given thumbs up
"The plus point of the film is Ilayaraja’s outstanding melodies and background score, it is soothing and in harmony with the theme of the film"
Read the full review..
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14959076&ctid=5&cid=2429[/tscii:d0d49a84a0]

PraveenC31
25th November 2010, 11:03 PM
The film is releasing in bangalore? Very eager to see the film.. Hope its releasing here..

prashanth12
26th November 2010, 02:30 AM
Outstanding melodies and background score....sounds really encouraging (the film as well). Anticipation is skyrocketing..

Querida
26th November 2010, 05:29 AM
want to watch this movie asap...already music has captured my attention, my sleeping and waking hours, really want to hear the much lauded bgm...

PraveenC31
26th November 2010, 10:02 AM
Not able to find a single theatre in bangalore whr it is releasing :(

vssathish
26th November 2010, 11:01 AM
In today's TOI review, Nandalala rating is 4.5 /5

It further adds that it is the best movie of the year

Raaja's movie is big plus including songs

Sureshs65
26th November 2010, 03:49 PM
One tweet I read today said, "Watched NANDHALALA. ILAYARAJA sir MUSIC is the Omnipower, Omnipotence and Omniscience of NANDHALALA movie" (Tweeted by a person called 'heartatn')

Sureshs65
26th November 2010, 06:02 PM
One more tweet. This time from Pavithra Srinivasan. " Nandhalala: (ignore the Kikujiro part of it) Poignant, funny and very fulfilling. IR's music - woot! (his name's first in credits)"

rooky
26th November 2010, 06:24 PM
Nandhalala - Mindblowing & Marvellous

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/10319.html

The scene stealer is Illayaraja. The maestro has given flesh and blood to the movie. One wonders when was the last time we have seen the background score in a film evoking tears in our eyes. His good use of symphony orchestra is apt. Watch out for an 'Amma' song by the Isaignani in the movie.

rooky
26th November 2010, 06:32 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/review/2010/11/26-nandalala-tamil-film-review.html.

படத்தின் ஹீரோ சாட்சாத் இளையராஜாதான் என்பதில் மாற்றுக் கருத்தே இருக்காது. அவரது இசையைத் தவிர்த்துவிட்டு இந்தப் படத்தை 10 நிமிடம் கூட முழுசாகப் பார்க்க முடியாது!

எங்கே வாத்தியங்கள் பேச வேண்டும், எங்கே மவுனங்கள் பேச வேண்டும் என்பதில் இசைஞானிக்கு உள்ள தெளிவு வேறு எவருக்கும் கிடையாது. காட்சிகள் வெகு சாதாரணமாக தெரியும் இடங்களில், வயலின்களை மெலிதாக அழவிட்டு, நம்மை ஈரப்படுத்துகிறார் இசைஞானி. குறிப்பாக அந்த பள்ளிச் சிறுமி, சைக்கிளில் பறந்து போய் ட்ராக்டர் கொண்டு வரும் காட்சி.

'ஒண்ணுக்கொன்னு துணையிருக்கு உலகத்திலே... அன்பு மட்டும்தான் அனாதையா' என்ற பாடல்... விருதுகள், பாராட்டுக்களுக்கு அப்பாற்றபட்ட இசை, மெட்டு!

rooky
26th November 2010, 06:33 PM
and looks like "nanadhalala: program in Isaiyaruvi at 7 PM today has writers discussing on the movie (including Charu :) )

rooky
26th November 2010, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately Not released in Bangalore and hopefully should get released in a week or two, based on its success

krish244
26th November 2010, 06:36 PM
Rediff review:

http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/south-review-nadhalala/20101126.htm

"Even the beginning credits manage to be different, with maestro Ilaiyaraja's name the first to crop up on screen. Mysskin mentioned once that the music was the third character of the film, and here Ilaiyaraja's genius makes itself known in every frame cresting highs and lows with finesses, right from the gently waving fronds through the credits. You realise just how important that support is, as you're introduced to the protagonists."

"If Ilayaraja's music is almost a character excelling in background music, and songs such as Mella oorndhu,..."

thanks,

Krishnan

Sanjeevi
26th November 2010, 06:45 PM
how many songs included in the movie and what are?

AravindMano
26th November 2010, 06:49 PM
It's so long since someone did complete justice to Raja's songs on screen - Mysskin does that. Both 'oNNukkoNNu' and 'thAlAttu kEkka nAnum' are put to very good use that you cannot ask for more. (Should agree I liked the latter more after watching the film). Two tiny bits of 'mella oorndhu oorndhu' squeezed in as well.

raajarasigan
26th November 2010, 06:58 PM
It's so long since someone did complete justice to Raja's songs on screen - Mysskin does that. Both 'oNNukkoNNu' and 'thAlAttu kEkka nAnum' are put to very good use that you cannot ask for more. (Should agree I liked the latter more after watching the film). Two tiny bits of 'mella oorndhu oorndhu' squeezed in as well.Aravind, Did you watch the movie already? :D

Sanjeevi
26th November 2010, 07:00 PM
Oh god, atleast we can console ourself that the best 2 (or 3) songs have been included in the film.

Thanks AravindMano for short note

AravindMano
26th November 2010, 07:01 PM
raajarasigan - Doesn't sound like I have watched it? ;) Went for matinee.

Sanjeevi - My pleasure.

Sureshs65
26th November 2010, 07:36 PM
Arvind,

Waiting for your take on Raja's BGM.

For those who know Tamil, here is Cable Shankar's blog about the movie. He has a lot to say about Raja's music.

http://cablesankar.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post_7398.html

AravindMano
26th November 2010, 07:54 PM
[tscii:2d7fb808d8]Suresh ji - என்னத்த புதுசா சொல்லிடப்போறேன்? :) I could almost see how kicked he is to get such space in a film - Like an important twist(I hate this word, but couldn't think of any other) in the plot is conveyed only thru his score. The film is more an assortment of moments, being a road movie, and Raja exploits it to the full extent.

At times the film itself pushes too much for it's point ('இந்த உலகம் எவ்வளவு அழகா இருக்கு பாருங்க சார்? types’) and Raja faithfully orchestrates it. I was a bit put off with this aspect of the film itself and I don't think I can blame him.

The theme piece is just brilliant. Most of the crowd stayed to listen when the credits were rolling.

Almost heard all instruments. And was a bit excited whenever guitars were employed. :)[/tscii:2d7fb808d8]

Sureshs65
26th November 2010, 08:11 PM
Aravind,

Thanks for the review. As usual Raja orchestrates as per the vision of the director. Not sure when or whether the movie will be released in Bangalore. Will probably have to wait for Moser Baer to release the movie on CD :D

V_S
26th November 2010, 08:43 PM
Great to see positive reviews from everywhere.
Aravind,
I heard that the last 45 minutes of the movie has no dialogues and Maestro has enhanced the viewing experience only with this background score. Is it true or that part is taken off? Thanks for your review.

AravindMano
26th November 2010, 08:50 PM
Suresh ji - My pleasure!

V_S - No, nothing of that sort. In general the film had minimal dialogues though with the BGM taking over.

Fliflo
26th November 2010, 09:15 PM
Mysskin's Interview

Speaks about IR's music

http://www.videos.behindwoods.com/videos-q1-09/director-interview/mysskin.html

Fliflo
26th November 2010, 09:16 PM
Rediff review.

4 stars. Surprising What could be better?

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/south-review-nadhalala/20101126.htm

Fliflo
26th November 2010, 09:18 PM
I don't want you guys miss this.

Comments by Pravin in rediff

Serenity in 2 hours
by pravin sundararaman (View MyPage) on Nov 26, 2010 06:22 PM | Hide replies

From the titles shot - the waves slowly undulating in the titles credit - and to the same one repeated in climax, Nandalala delights you with the visual and emotive content of refined cinema seldom experienced.

From the first scene where young Aswath Ram (a brilliant performance) waits for a disappeared mom, to the heart wrenching truck driver's beating of Mysskin and to the climax shot (where fittingly there is nothing dramatic), everything proceeds with a calm. You emote with the characters, but you are not distraught with their condition. That is the greatness of Mysskin!

Seeing the film was recalling Tennyson's Song of the Brook. As the story flows along like a murmuring river, you too do so. The visual narration combined with Maestro's mellifluous violin and flute compositions take the story telling to a new peak.

The film demands repeated viewing for the climax alone, as it is novel attempt to encapsule 2 hours of emotions into a single frame. It also bespeaks of the serenity of the Zen..

njv
26th November 2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks to Ayngaran for releasing this in US as well. Going to see this tomorrow and hopefully again wednesday...

irir123
26th November 2010, 10:50 PM
njv - is it being screened anywhere in Illinois ? or texas ?

Sanjeevi
27th November 2010, 01:20 AM
soft but strong words by JM

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=9472

MumbaiRamki
27th November 2010, 01:41 AM
Just back from sathyam (escape cinemas ) .... Film was good in most places , though i wouldn't rate great - its raaja's music that carries the film forward . Amazing stuff from raja !

K
27th November 2010, 03:05 AM
http://krpsenthil.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post_27.html
முதலில் இளையராஜாவின் பாதம் தொட்டு வணங்கிவிட்டு இந்த விமர்சனத்தை எழுத ஆரம்பிக்கிறேன்.

K
27th November 2010, 03:07 AM
http://www.thacinema.com/2010/11/blog-post_27.html

இளையராஜாவின் இசைதான் அத்தனை காட்சிகளையும் நிரப்பிக்கொண்டேயிருக்கிறது எங்கும் விரவிக் கிடக்கும் காற்று போல. சில இடங்களில் அதுவும் கொஞ்சம் செயற்கைத்தனமாய் இருந்தாலும் மனதை உடைக்கும் உளியாய் ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள முடிகிறது. வெறும் காட்சிமட்டும் கொடுத்துவிடாத நெகிழ்ச்சியை, ராஜா வலிந்து கொடுக்கிறார். உடையத் துவங்குகிறோம் நாம். குறிப்பாக மிஷ்கின் தனது தாயை பல ஆண்டுகளுக்கு பின்பக் காணும்போது, ராஜாப் பாடத் துவங்குகிறார், அப்பாடலின் முதல் வரியை. உடலுக்குள்ளும் மனதிற்குள்ளும் அப்படியே அனைத்தும் ஒரேகணத்தில் உடைந்து நொறுங்குகிறது. அதலபாதாளத்தில் வீழ்கிறோம். ராஜாவை இதற்காக பாராட்டவேண்டுமா அல்லது வேண்டாமா என்பதில் குழப்பம் மிஞ்சுகிறது.

MumbaiRamki
27th November 2010, 08:04 AM
Some of the great aural & visual experiences

1) The very first scene where you see the kid standing outside the school and with crowd going out of school. the music starts when the visual shows the kid alone , with no one to accompany him back to home .

2) When the kid ( in the night) searches for the kid who is crying and asks if he misses his mom. Central theme .

3) Quite unusually, when the policeman searches for the kid & Mysskin and finds them ..well !

4) When the kid , myskin and the physically challeneged person finds a lady physically assaulted and try to save her .

5) When in Annaivayal , in search of Myskin's mother , the entire sequence was shot like a french movie with world music .

6) The music accompanying when myskin & kid walk over the road in their journey.

7) When myskin hears the word 'amma' from one of the fellow mate and gets angry . the secene preceding that and following that = perfect.