PDA

View Full Version : DHARMAPURI- 10000wala Saravedi

rajasaranam
16th October 2006, 05:53 PM
The instant i listened to the first song 'Engamma Kuthamma' I burst out in laughter. Well not because the song was irritating or anything just that I was amazed at 'Perarasu's Lyrical ability's. :P He was already quoted to have said that " em padathula paatu ezhuthu periya kavi thiramai thevai illai " He has proved it once again that. he is the king of mass masala movies! it seems true for the time being.
The songs defitinitely have that earthly Folkish beats and laymanish lyrics and it has all the energy and pep for the Captains fans to rave about. It will surely have a thunderous opening as SPB sings and Captain comes out 'Naan Yaaru Nee yaaru' With interwoven meanings depicting his political stand and current political success. The theatre will go berserk we know and that is what perarasu needs. A grand gala festival is in the offering for Captains' fans.
All the songs are have typical folkish beats and fast paced tune. I wonder How Captain is gonna Dance over it :) Vijay and Ajith have done that well in sivakasi and thirupathi now lets see what Captain can do.
Listen to it here:
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.8669/

mona1
16th October 2006, 08:53 PM
Complete JUNK!
Waste of time listening to this crap

rajasaranam
16th October 2006, 11:37 PM
Complete JUNK!
Whose Time :twisted: Well these kind of songs are the Local versions of Rock/metal music IMO. When there are people who appreciate those kind of music let there someone to recognise our folk music too!

buddysathi
17th October 2006, 06:13 AM
very true! try to understand the root first! even though the songs r bad, one shud appreciate that this is another form of art!

MADDY
17th October 2006, 02:25 PM
Complete JUNK!
Whose Time :twisted: Well these kind of songs are the Local versions of Rock/metal music IMO. When there are people who appreciate those kind of music let there someone to recognise our folk music too!

RS, i completely disagree.....Rock is something like carnatic music......everyone cannot do it.....its natural music......maybe u can compare this to Hip-Hop :D

Sanguine Sridhar
17th October 2006, 06:41 PM
Complete JUNK!

Sorry :rotfl:

Surya
21st October 2006, 03:00 AM
Dharmapuri is the worst album that any VJK or Perarasu movies have had.. :banghead:

The intro song is alright...mainly becuase of VJK's mass image...but other than that....The songs blow..:(

Hilriously entertaining though! :lol:

thamizhvaanan
21st October 2006, 07:51 AM
Well these kind of songs are the Local versions of Rock/metal music IMO. :evil: may be you are talkin abt pop and rap genres. rock is on a diff level altogether.

rajasaranam
25th October 2006, 09:38 PM
Maddy and Thamizh,

Well these kind of songs are the Local versions of Rock/metal music IMO. :evil: may be you are talkin abt pop and rap genres. rock is on a diff level altogether.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_music
Read this article on the history of ROCK and see how many times the word FOLK is being used. ROCK music definitely have its origins from the Folk music of Blacks/Africans. It has progressed on its own fusing various musical cultures and elements of the world.
Similarly Raaja gave a twist to the Folk Genre of Tamilnadu by fusing it with African/Pop/WCM and many other genres adding color to our folk music while keeping the rhythm/tune structure in accordance with folk culture over here.
This style is being imitated by the current MD's while give a KUTHU song. Now listen to the album Dharmapuri and listen to the various instruments like Drums [Which have origins from Africa probably - We had Parai/Mirithangam and many more percussion instruments but never a complicated instrument like the Drums] Violins [Italy- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violin ] Trumpets [Egypt - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumpet ]. Though it sounds folk song it has a color of its own.
My view in relating this genre of music to Rock is since both have emerged from basic folk music while adding various other elements in enhancing it.
Give or Take I Stand by my line of thought. :)

Ramakrishna
25th October 2006, 09:42 PM
Rocking album :musicsmile: :swinghead:

thamizhvaanan
25th October 2006, 10:52 PM
Read this article on the history of ROCK and see how many times the word FOLK is being used. ROCK music definitely have its origins from the Folk music of Blacks/Africans. It has progressed on its own fusing various musical cultures and elements of the world.
Similarly Raaja gave a twist to the Folk Genre of Tamilnadu by fusing it with African/Pop/WCM and many other genres adding color to our folk music while keeping the rhythm/tune structure in accordance with folk culture over here. ippo enna solla vareenga? ROCK is like IR's songs or Srikanth deva's songs? :lol:

anyway, I didn get ur point of comparison before. I thot u were referring to Rock as some kinda cheap music, coz u were comparing it with ... you-know-what :roll:

Even our own IR has used some sublime elements of rock in his songs. I am exploring backwards into rock songs of 70's and 80's and now, I find that the treasure is right here, in IR's own works.

appdi irukkum podhu rock songs'a idhoda compare panradhu :oops:

rajasaranam
26th October 2006, 12:24 AM
ippo enna solla vareenga? ROCK is like IR's songs or Srikanth deva's songs?

Srikanth Deva's Songs are imitation of IR's KUTHU songs which were/are our own parallel to the ROCK songs :twisted:
You people will acknowledge only the Popular culture from West Anyway! though they may be termed cheap among their classical Musicians While keep a double standard over here and call KUTHU songs as Cheap. Vaazhga Thamizh Valarga Aangila Mogam :wink:

Nerd
26th October 2006, 02:14 AM
Vaazhga Thamizh Valarga Aangila Mogam :wink:

But u need a Bill Watterson from the WEST to quote one of his prominent lines as your signature, aint it :lol2: Tamizh-la nalla quotes illayaa? :evil:

thamizhvaanan
29th October 2006, 01:01 PM
Srikanth Deva's Songs are imitation of IR's KUTHU songs which were/are our own parallel to the ROCK songs :twisted:
While keep a double standard over here and call KUTHU songs as Cheap. Vaazhga Thamizh Valarga Aangila Mogam :wink:

Adhu eppadi RS... isaiya neenga rasicha mattum rasanai'nu ninaikreenga, mathavanga rasicha mogam'nu solreenga :P . So much for ur delusion :boo:

I didnt say that I dont like Kuthu songs :huh: Infact I have many of my favourites among them. I only said that I dont like cheap variants of that genre, like those made by Srikant deva, just for the sake of my poor ears. Likewise I didnt say that I like all english music. If you read my previous post you will see that I had expressed my disregard for Hip-hop and pop genre.

You people will acknowledge only the Popular culture from West Anyway! though they may be termed cheap among their classical Musicians
Again, you are losing the context of your arguement. I am acknowledging it just because of the quality of music (which is my opinion). You wont have an idea of music by just reading articles in wikipedia and if you dont know, please dont comment!!! ... and by the way, talking about classical musicians... I dont give them a damn. Even IR & ARR were criticized by such ppl.

bingleguy
29th October 2006, 01:03 PM
Saravediyaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-) Sirippu vedi dhaan andha padam :-)

Vijayakanth has to be little thoughtful on things thereafter .... infact andha kaalathula MGR also used cinema as a media for fame ... but VJkanth innum konjam nalla concept aa choose pannalaam !