PDA

View Full Version : ARE YOU A FAN OR A FANATIC?

Nayagan
21st October 2006, 06:14 PM
Answer these questions truthfully to find out.

1) Who is your fav MD?
(a) IR
(b) ARR
(c) YSR
(d) Vidyasagar
(e) Harris
(f) others

2) Do you think 7G-Rainbow Colony songs were a good effort?
(a) Yes
(b) No
(c) Worthless..he should learn from his dad

3) Do you think as an album New or Anbey Aruiyre is better than
Anniyan?
(a) No, Anniyan was good.
(b) Yes
(c) Are you joking? New/Aa Aaa was way better.

4) Which album(only one) would you recommend to a friend:
(a) Avaataram
(b) Gentlemen
(c) Poovelam Kettupar
(d) Karna

5) Which song do you prefer(only one):
(a) Naam Kannum Ulaangal Yar Kanna Kuddum (Kasi)
(b) Kadhalyenum Thervazhuthi Kathiruntha Manavan Naan (Kadhalar Dhinam)
(c) Devadhaiyai Kanden (Kadhal Konden)
(d) Poovey vai pesum pothu(12B)

6) Do you think Thalapathy was a blockbuster album?
(a) Yes
(b) No
(c) Decent..nothing to write home about.

7) Which song do you prefer:
(a) Taamrai poovukum thannikum yennikkum (Pasumpon?)
(b) Inji Iduppaazhki (Devar Magan)
(c) pennala pennala oothapoo (Uzhavan)
(d) Kavidhaigal Sollava..Un peyar sollava(Ullam kollai poguthey)

8) Do you think as an album Ghilli songs were good?
(a) Yes
(b) No
(c) worthless..i wouldn't listen to it twice.

9) Do you think Minnale's music was a blockbuster?
(a) Yes
(b) No
(c) Just cut and paste..cheap imitations

10) Do you think ARR made TFM popular in other indian states?
(a) Yes
(b) No
(c) Other states! He did not make TFM popular in TN first.

11) What did you think of Parthiban Kanavu songs?
(a) Good
(b) Average
(c) worthless

Scroll Down For Answers:

Scroll Down

Scroll Down

Answers:
For questions 2,3,6,8,9,10,11:
If you answered (a) ----------------> 2pts
If you answered (b) ----------------> 1pt
If you answered (c) ----------------> 0pt

For question 4: (b) ----------------> 2pts otherwise 0 pt
For question 5: (c) ----------------> 2pts otherwise 0 pt
For question 7: (b) ----------------> 2pts otherwise 0 pt

Add up your points for the verdict.

Verdict:

Fanatic Fan Good music lover
0--------5pts-------------------11pts---------------17pts----------20pts

Example: if you scored 14 pts you fall between "fan of [your answer to question(1)]" to "Good music lover".

++++++++++
PEACE
++++++++++

Nayagan
21st October 2006, 06:19 PM
In my original post, verdict should read as

Verdict:

------Fanatic----------------- Fan---------------Good music lover
0--------5pts-------------------11pts---------------17pts----------20pts

Example: if you scored 14 pts you fall between "fan of [your answer to question(1)]" to "Good music lover".

MADDY
22nd October 2006, 12:21 PM
cant agree with ur point system.....u seem to rate Devadhai kandein (kadhal kondein) better than kadhalennum thervu which is not right for me...... :D

btw this place is full of fanatics FYI.........only neutral music lover here seems to be vijayr.........i cant recollect any other person....many of us here are hardcore fans with respect for other MDs songs.....its like i'm a HCARR fan but i liked:

loosu penne (Vallavan)
Dheemi Dheemi (Shiva)
Manjal Veyil (V V)

and had gud words for these songs.........u cant expect more isnt it??

Nayagan
22nd October 2006, 06:15 PM
""cant agree with ur point system.....u seem to rate Devadhai kandein (kadhal kondein) better than kadhalennum thervu which is not right for me..""

Maddy..that is intentional..as just independent songs(with no md baggage)..devadhai kanden should triumph over others.

If you answer these questions and go with my key for the questions..the verdict should tell where exactly one falls as a discerning music listener ;)

MADDY
22nd October 2006, 06:53 PM
honestly i got 13......
:D

so who am i??

anyways i appreciate ur efforts....

thamizhvaanan
22nd October 2006, 09:26 PM
nayagan... good questionaire but there are some subjective questions. Those can be avoided.

FYI I got 19 pts... I voted for kadhal ennum thervezhudhi... And I still beleive I was right 8-).

Nayagan
23rd October 2006, 08:41 PM
True..it can be subjective for some questions and that is why we need a range for the verdict :)

19 is very good. That means you enjoy TFM a lot as you listen to every1's better songs.

rayan36
24th October 2006, 01:32 PM
FYI...i got an 8 (you know why).......and i'm proud of IT

MADDY
24th October 2006, 03:10 PM
FYI...i got an 8 (you know why).......and i'm proud of IT

ADHU :lol:

Nayagan
25th October 2006, 03:32 AM
Rayan..nothing wrong in getting 8 as long as you truthfully answer based on the songs/album themselves(not based on MD's) :D

Ramakrishna
25th October 2006, 05:59 PM
I got 14

ArulprakasH
25th October 2006, 06:08 PM
I got 14 points :D

rajasaranam
25th October 2006, 08:55 PM
:shock: got 18 points, Hope I tried to answer the questions honestly.

Sanjeevi
26th October 2006, 09:41 AM
hahahahaha

it seems one person* can get high marks (good music lover) and another person** can take fanatic award easily.

* IR fan with soft corner for ARR or ARR fan with soft corner for IR
** YSR fan

anyway good attempt for questions

MADDY
26th October 2006, 10:12 AM
hahahahaha

it seems one person* can get high marks (good music lover) and another person** can take fanatic award easily.

** YSR fan

i guess thats fair enuf......infact this is the best combo i believe.......HC fan of either IR/ARR with respect for the other will have the best taste IMO......

rayan36
26th October 2006, 03:15 PM
Rayan..nothing wrong in getting 8 as long as you truthfully answer based on the songs/album themselves(not based on MD's) :D

OF COURSE i answered truthfully and that put's me somewhere in the fan/ fanatic line, nice survey though, but i can agree with question 5

Sanjeevi
26th October 2006, 05:30 PM
hahahahaha

** YSR fan

i guess thats fair enuf......infact this is the best combo i believe.......HC fan of either IR/ARR with respect for the other will have the best taste IMO......

yes MADDY u r right :D

dinesh2002
26th October 2006, 06:18 PM
got a 16.... i accepted Anniyan a complete album rathe than Ah Aah & New becoz it contains ALL genre music, folk,modern,semi classical, melody duet & hip hop......

Sanguine Sridhar
26th October 2006, 06:41 PM
I got 17 :twisted: So according to Nayagan I am a good music lover .... Brilliant brilliant ! :)

Nayagan
27th October 2006, 01:09 PM
hahahahaha

** YSR fan

yes MADDY u r right :D

Sanjeevi...if you are YSR fan with no softcorner for anyother MD then only what you say is true. Since the questions focus on giving each MD credit where it is due.

Nayagan
27th October 2006, 01:13 PM
All..thanks for your comments. Those of you who are just reading others comments, take the quiz and post your scores.

No one so far has got 5 or close to 5. So no fanatics in this forum. Maddy you were wrong :D

rajasaranam
27th October 2006, 01:38 PM
Nayagan,
Though the test is good i tried it differently this time thinking myself a fanatic of IR aswelas ARR. When i tried out for IR i came up with 15 points while when trying for ARR i came up with 4 points.
the psychology is simple.
When being a fanatical fan of IR we oppose only ARR and embrace all others like HJ, YSR, VS etc., as they we instrumental in toppling away ARR from the numero uno position from TFM.
While an ARR fanatic will see both IR and all others as worthless :wink:
So accordingly a fanatic of IR will come under the scale of real film music lover while a fanatic of ARR will remain a fanatic :twisted:

Nayagan
27th October 2006, 02:20 PM
Nayagan,
Though the test is good i tried it differently this time thinking myself a fanatic of IR aswelas ARR. When i tried out for IR i came up with 15 points while when trying for ARR i came up with 4 points.
When being a fanatical fan of IR we oppose only ARR and embrace all others like HJ, YSR, VS etc., as they we instrumental in toppling away ARR from the numero uno position from TFM.
So accordingly a fanatic of IR will come under the scale of real film music lover while a fanatic of ARR will remain a fanatic :twisted:

Good analysis rajasaranam...however, my definition of fanatic is some1 who considers their MD as top and all others unimportant. So atleast for this quiz sake I am not going into the dynamic of being an ARR or a IR fan...which is again something that may or may not follow your view point.

dinesh2002
27th October 2006, 03:02 PM
Nayagan,

utter nonsense...im a hardcore ARR fan [TRUE 1 that is ] and i got a 16....explain that... :evil: by just PRETENDING ur ARR fan def u would rate anything that is ARR there the best... come on...wut a cheap act man!! didint expect such thing from u dude.... ur embarassing IR FANS & GOOD MUSIC LOVER...u dun see any good music lover or infact any ARR fans did what u just did....goodness....u will take any method to show ARR fans r low in standard huh :notworthy: ....bravo!!!

rajasaranam
27th October 2006, 03:55 PM
im a hardcore ARR fan [TRUE 1 that is ] and i got a 16....explain that... :evil: by just PRETENDING ur ARR fan def u would rate anything that is ARR there the best... come on...wut a cheap act man!! didint expect such thing from u dude.... ur embarassing IR FANS & GOOD MUSIC LOVER...u dun see any good music lover or infact any ARR fans did what u just did....goodness....u will take any method to show ARR fans r low in standard huh :notworthy: ....bravo!!!

Cool dude! read my post for the thought process of a fanatical fan you are just a hardcore fan and that makes a difference Chill off :)

rsubras
27th October 2006, 07:07 PM
rajasaranam i wish to differ........

while most of the IR fans view ARR as their sworn enemy..ARR fans are not like that..... Infact many IR fans who still have this grudge against ARR and his rise to fame, support other musicians and thatz why you can see many old IR fans pitching for YSR or Vidhyasagar.... avangalukkelam YSR jeyikkarathai vida ARR thokarathula paarkarathula than santhosam.....but enakku therinju more than 3/4ths of ARR fans appreciate YSR, VS, IR, Joshua sridhar and even HJ. Some might be critical of HJ coz he tries to imitate ARR in every thing right from the looks, talks to the music he composes....

unga viewpoint is based on pseudo ARR fans...appadi paartha ella MD kum antha mathiri fans irukkanga :) en ARR ah mattum target panreenga

rajasaranam
27th October 2006, 08:55 PM
rsubras,
I need not reiterate the fact that I was talking about being a fanatical fan of both not just a mere fan or even a hardcore fan. If then my analogy will hold good that A fanatical fan of IR will support the next gen of ARR and a fanatical fan of ARR will oppose both IR and the nxt gen MD's since ARR's period is nudged between both.
It's similar to the analogy that fanatical MSV fans have a soft corner for ARR and Vice versa while fanatical IR Fans have to fight both of them out since his time period is between them :wink:

rocketboy
27th October 2006, 10:16 PM
I got 18. So I am a genuine music lover. 8-) Music is my soul, my passion,my source of inspiration

Sanjeevi
28th October 2006, 10:45 AM
May be I am a IR fanatic, but it does not mean i am not a true music lover.