View Full Version : News and General Discussions on Perazhagan S U R Y A

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

leosimha
16th December 2006, 08:14 PM
wow....SOK has completed 100 days...cool daa....:clap:

Surya
16th December 2006, 11:51 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I want to know how many centers it ran for 100 days in. :D anyone know?

bulb_mani
16th December 2006, 11:52 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I want to know how many centers it ran for 100 days in. :D anyone know?

I dont know :D

Surya
16th December 2006, 11:56 PM
SILLUNU ORU KAADHAL COMPLETLES IT'S 100 DAYS WITH 3 SHOWS IN LAKSHMI, 3 SHOWS IN SRINIVASA, 3 SHOWS IN VENUS AND NOON SHOW IN BABY ALBERT! 10 SHOWS IN TOTAL PER DAY COMING FROM 4 CENTERS.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

-http://chennaionline.com/

I still don't see how it can be termed a flop! :? It's gotta be above average atleast including foreign revenue...:?

great
17th December 2006, 08:53 AM
Two days back only srineevasa started screening SOK :o

Surya
17th December 2006, 10:07 AM
:shock:

So if they're just taking up SOK then SOK is still seen as sometihng that makes money..:huh: :?

mazhaichaaral
17th December 2006, 10:14 AM
media is so cruel on sok..its a very decent movie!
thimuru maadhiri padathukellam nalla padamnu soldranga!

i became a fan of surya after watching his many movies in these few days...

no wonder he attracted kamalhaasan

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 11:06 AM

Neengal Posteril Ottapatta padaithai pathi pesugirirgal :roll:

Last sentence is very true

rachel
18th December 2006, 02:50 AM

it should be good movie.. somebody watched that film here said it's good film...

i want to watch it

kamalsurya
22nd December 2006, 03:33 PM
[tscii:4ae249e7af]
In the rally conducted in Karantaka against the screening of Tamil films there, Kuthu Ramya was spotted first in the line shouting slogans. After Kuthu, she featured in Giri. But subsequently she refused many offers from Kodambakkam stating that she would concentrate only on Kannada films.

Surya & Gautham
Now she has been roped in Gautham Menon’s Vaaranam Aayiram to play the love interest of Surya. It is alleged that she accepted this offer mainly due to the invitation from Gautham. Reliable sources reveal that Ramya may not be featuring in any more Tamil films.

:roll:
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-06-03/20-12-06-vaaranam-aayiram.html[/tscii:4ae249e7af]

kamalsurya
22nd December 2006, 03:35 PM
Shreya is all set to go places. The successful actor from Tollywood is making waves in Tamil cinema now. She is Rajinikanth's lady love in Sivaji. Also, Shreya is cast opposite Vijay in Azhagiya Thamizh Magan. Her recent release Thiruvilayadal Arambam with Dhanush has opened big at the box office.

The latest buzz doing rounds is that Shreya has been asked to act in the Hindi version of the Tamil blockbuster Ghajini. The movie would feature Aamir Khan in the lead role and would be directed by Murugadoss with Ravi K Chandran cranking the camera.

Sources say that the director has evinced interest in casting Shreya for the role played by Asin in the original.

Good going, Shreya!

8-) :wink:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27943.html

Anyway why is so many heroine name being popped put for the hindi version of ghajini.I think this is the 3rd or 4th heroine being mentioned :o

smith
22nd December 2006, 04:21 PM
It was not only kuthu ramya but also laila who supported the ban of tamil films in kar.But she got away with it.

kamalsurya
29th December 2006, 04:18 PM
The film Vaaranam Aayiram is yet to begin and it is finding itself in the thick of rumours and controversies. It has been alleged that the actual work for the movie has not yet commenced and the process of selection of one more heroine is going on currently, with two heroines Andrea & Ramya already tentatively finalized.

Goutham menon
The unit is yet to hit at the right third female role and hero Surya is said to be waiting for this. Meanwhile rumours have been doing the round that Goutham is planning to work with Saif Ali Khan, the Bollywood actor in a Hindi film. He has also been reported to join hands with Dhanush after the latter completes his 'Desiya Nedunchalai'.

When Dhanush was questioned on this, he said, "This is only a rumour and such a thing has not happened till date. I would only be too glad if this rumour turns real. Goutham Menon is one director I am keen to work with." When Goutham Menon's office was contacted for their comment, they declined this news out right and dismissed the same as a baseless gossip. They also said that Vaaranam Aayiram is still in the stage of story discussion and cast selection.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-06-04/28-12-06-goutham-menon.html

kamalsurya
29th December 2006, 04:19 PM
[tscii:dc117f55d5]
As we all know Jo has confined herself to homemaking sacrificing her filmy career after her marriage with Surya. However, she has been appearing in public functions flanked by Surya until recently. News now has it that the most admired couple of Kollywood – Surya and Jo will not be seen in normal film events together any longer.

Surya & Jyothika
Looks like Sivakumar, who is worried about the evil eye, has advised the couple to refrain from attending common events other than very important marriages and functions. On the other hand, the couple has no restrictions to scout the shopping malls in and around the city. So consider yourself lucky if you bump into Jo in any of the malls in the city since there is no other way she can be spotted in public.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-06-04/28-12-06-surya-jyothika.html[/tscii:dc117f55d5]

kamalsurya
29th December 2006, 04:21 PM
Shreya has managed to give the Malluwood heroines a run for their money in Tamil cinema.

Shreya, who is acting with Rajinikanth in Sivaji and Vijay in Azhagiya Thamizh Magan, has been cast opposite Suriya.

The actress, who started her career in Tamil with Mazhai, is happy with her Thiruvilayadal Arambam opening big in Tamilnadu.

After Rajinikanth, Vijay and Dhanush, the young heroine has been cast opposite Suriya. Shreya and Suriya would come together for Vel, a movie to be directed by Hari.

Shooting for Vel would commence once Suriya completes his Vaaranam Ayiram, directed by Gowtham.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/28110.html[/quote]

mareen
2nd January 2007, 04:20 PM
i think SOK is one of the baddest film that surya done .... the story is somewhat ok but didnt have pacy theme it was all going too slow and u could guess whats coming !! and the songs aw lord awful ...

i dont have anything against SOK or Surya i watched this twice as the Pc is in my Room and my sis watched it later on .. and even she had the same thoughts !!

girishk14
2nd January 2007, 05:28 PM
SOK was the worst surya movie i have ever seen!!

mareen
5th January 2007, 12:36 AM
SOK was the worst surya movie i have ever seen!!SRI is worse !!! but SOK is defo in competition with sri :D

Ladee Shiika
5th January 2007, 12:50 AM
:O nooo i LOVED SOK!! Like da songs were awesome. It wasnt the best story ever but i thought it styll rocked.

Tia
5th January 2007, 01:00 AM
munbe vaa was a niceeeee sonnggg! but m i didnt like SOK muchhh! i loveddd ghajini :D

Ladee Shiika
5th January 2007, 01:08 AM
rofll ya thas tru ghajini was AWESOMMEEEEE. first of all relliii relllii awesome songs. second of all like best couples rite der. third of all da story was relli gud. i wud have to say ghajini was ma fav surya movie. second was prolly kaakha kaakha :D

Tia
5th January 2007, 01:11 AM
yehhhhh ka ka ka ka ( :lol: aww varu! lolz ) was an awesome action typa movie :D

But the main high-light of ghajini for me was suryas cute hair stlye :P :jollu:

Ladee Shiika
5th January 2007, 01:13 AM
OMGGG surya :drools: his hair. :O and and liek omg ma fav scene: when he was dressed in da jean jacket wif da red top underneath and omg he looked SOO PERFECTTT :D

mareen
5th January 2007, 01:15 AM
OMGGG surya :drools: his hair. :O and and liek omg ma fav scene: when he was dressed in da jean jacket wif da red top underneath and omg he looked SOO PERFECTTT :D :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ladee Shiika
5th January 2007, 01:19 AM
:P

Tia
5th January 2007, 01:20 AM
omg yaa! he was too cute! it was also cute in the song oru maalai when his business buddies find him eating a watermelon with asin and he tries to avoid them :lol:

mareen
5th January 2007, 01:21 AM
u girl could use msn :P instead of spamming here lol

just kidding

Ladee Shiika
5th January 2007, 01:21 AM
lol init!! lmfaoo that was funny. and liek wif a fav of his fing. der all gone LOL

mareen
5th January 2007, 01:32 AM
:yawn::yawn:

Ladee Shiika
5th January 2007, 01:34 AM
:P

girishk14
5th January 2007, 08:48 AM
:shock: one gaayini was enough...now there are two? lol.kiddin

Hey gaayini's cousin, i agree with u. Ghajini was seriously awesome!

thimuru
5th January 2007, 08:55 AM
lol init!! lmfaoo that was funny. and liek wif a fav of his fing. der all gone LOL

Tia
5th January 2007, 08:10 PM
yoo thts soo mean! :( :evil: :hammer: :poke: :lol: lolz kiddin! mm well why dont u balance it by inviting ur cuzin maddy :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: hahahaa JK! :poke:

:shock: one gaayini was enough...now there are two? lol.kiddin

Hey gaayini's cousin, i agree with u. Ghajini was seriously awesome!

MADDY
5th January 2007, 08:24 PM
well why dont u balance it by inviting ur cuzin maddy :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: hahahaa JK! :poke:

was that referring to me?? :roll:

selvakumar
5th January 2007, 08:27 PM
well why dont u balance it by inviting ur cuzin maddy :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: hahahaa JK! :poke:

Inga innoru Maddy irukkaarr. Per "sm_maddy" refer HUBBERS LOUNGE :lol:

MADDY
5th January 2007, 08:40 PM
Inga innoru Maddy irukkaarr. Per "sm_maddy" refer HUBBERS LOUNGE :lol:

oh ok okk.... :D .....

Tia
5th January 2007, 09:00 PM
no no! :lol: its girishz cuzin! lolz! he's not a hubber! hehe :D

Ladee Shiika
6th January 2007, 03:43 AM
:lol: yes do you find me another gaayini duplicate :lol: well thanks for the welcome.. i think :lol: Uhmm Huh. OH YES !!! now i remember!! yes girish Ghajini was a AWESOME movie, great story behind it :D

kamalsurya
21st January 2007, 04:46 PM
For any newly married couple, a separate establishment with a lot of privacy would be a much sought after desire. Some are lucky while some are not. In film industry actor Surya appears to fall in the lucky group who has managed to construct a palatial bungalow for his beloved wife Jyothika.

It is alleged that he desired to present her with a mansion with all the latest facilities intact.

His dream seems to have come true. The construction work of his new house is almost complete but for a few minor changes. Originally the star couple had planned to move into their abode of bliss on Pongal day. But there appears to be some loose ends that need to be taken care of. Hence after the mansion is completely done, the duo would step into their new house. As it appears, it may take a month for the remaining work to get completed.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-03/18-01-07-surya-jyothika.html

kamalsurya
21st January 2007, 04:47 PM
Surya whose life history was written in a popular weekly magazine is now released as a biography book. The book that contains some rare photographs of Surya was released by Lakshmi Sivakumar on 13th of this month at St.George Anglo Indian School, Chennai.

The well known pattrimandram naduvar Solomon Papaya was the chief guest and the first copy of the book was received by industrialist Subramaniam. The book was published by Alliance publishers. Surya signed his autographs in the books to the audience.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-03/16-01-07-surya.html

kamalsurya
21st January 2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/tamil-movies-events/photos-1/surya/index.html

Surya Biography Book Release - Gallery 8-)

kamalsurya
21st January 2007, 04:49 PM
[tscii:1af0ef5940]
If you thought Jyothika has resorted to homemaking abandoning her celluloid life, may be you are wrong. Though she bid goodbye to mainstream cinema right after her marriage, seems like she has no qualms in acting – but only for noble causes. Latest is that she will be seen in a documentary alongside Surya.

The documentary, produced and directed by noted cinematographer P.C. Sriram, is aimed at spreading awareness among the society on issues related to autism and the difficulties faced by autistic children in public. If you might remember, few months ago actor Prithviraj’s autistic child was declined to board the flight in Bangalore airport, which raised hue and cry among the public.

Not only that Surya and Jyothika acted in the documentary, it is learnt that they did the same at no cost. Now, that is what you call social service. What say?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-03/20-01-07-surya-jyothika.html

8-) [/tscii:1af0ef5940]

kamalsurya
21st January 2007, 04:49 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/tamil-movies-events/photos-1/surya-jyothika/index.html

8-) :wink:

avven
21st January 2007, 10:01 PM
where is hubber Surya? :huh: ..havenot seen him since long.... :roll:

kamalsurya
21st January 2007, 10:21 PM
where is hubber Surya? :huh: ..havenot seen him since long.... :roll:I wanted to ask the same...Btw isn't "manmadan" surya

avven
21st January 2007, 10:25 PM
where is hubber Surya? :huh: ..havenot seen him since long.... :roll:I wanted to ask the same...Btw isn't "manmadan" surya

really :shock: ..i donno abt that..lets wait and see...who is gonna reply for our question???

Ladee Shiika
22nd January 2007, 03:32 AM
i thought pplz were sayin how surya went on vacation :| i dunno

Wibha
22nd January 2007, 03:56 AM
Surya' s in in India went on some college work........ he told he'll b back in 3 weeks and is still not back :evil: :cool:

Surya
23rd January 2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks to wibha for clearin that up. :)

Nah..I"m not avven. I didn't have time to hub because I was hella busy in Chennai. :)

PS: I went to that Book Exibition! 8-)

Wibha
23rd January 2007, 08:17 AM
Think of the devil (SURYA) and the devil appears :lol: :lol:

ur welcome surya :D

avven
23rd January 2007, 08:21 AM
[tscii:6cf3d6d4d4]Suriya, a student in Varanam Aayiram
IndiaGlitz [Monday, January 22, 2007]

Suriya is known for his passion to do varied roles. The actor, who played a college student in Sillunu Oru Kadhal, is now on to play a school student in his forthcoming film Varanam Aayiram.

The movie directed by Gowtham features Suriya in the role of a school student and acting opposite him is Andrea. The actor is taking pains to reduce his weight and look trim on the screen, to look like a genuine school student.

Says Suriya, “It is a challenging role and Gowtham encouraged me that I can do the role with aplomb. To suit the role, I have been running for over three kilometers daily and am on a strict diet control. For Ghajini, I burnt out my extra calories and ensured that I looked trim on the screen. Now, here I am, doing the same for Varanam Aayiram.”

After Kaakha Kaakha, Suriya, Gowtham Menon and Harris Jayaraj are back together again for Varanam Aayiram.

[/tscii:6cf3d6d4d4]

Surya
30th January 2007, 02:56 AM
V[/tscii:37ff574786]aanaram Ayiram

A unique story of a unique individual. Motivated and driven, a go-getter. Like Vaaranamaayiram, the strength of a thousand elephants – strong of mind and body. Shooting starts December 2006. :redjump: :redjump:

http://www.vaaranamaayiram.com/

:redjump:

kamalsurya
31st January 2007, 11:43 PM
[tscii:7c7df85fbf]
Surya and Gautham Menon come together once again for Vaaranam Aayiram. In an interview Surya had mentioned that this aesthetic and chaste Tamil title is taken from the Andal’ s verses which literally means someone with an invincible power of one thousand elephants.

It is also used to describe a person with indomitable spirit with a capacity to remove all stumbling blocks in the path of progress. As the crew is currently scouting for an apt heroine for Surya, the shooting would commence once the search is brought to a fruitful end.

When Surya was quizzed about his plans to feature in Telugu films, he said that as his dubbed films are doing good business there, it would take a while for him to concentrate in Tollywood. His Gajni which was dubbed and released in Telugu Desam was a huge grosser. Sillunnu Oru Kaadal is being dubbed and would be ready to hit the screen soon. Hence he would consider embarking in Tollywood at a later stage.

The very mention of his soul mate Jyothika brings a palpable change in his entire demeanor. He is extremely happy with her for having struck the right chord with his mother. According to this talented actor, his mother and Jyothika share a wonderful relationship with each other.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-04/30-01-07-vaaranam-aayiram.html

[/tscii:7c7df85fbf]

kamalsurya
31st January 2007, 11:43 PM
[tscii:5b63f4b740]
Vel is the next film committed by Surya to director Hari. Behindwoods film correspondent caught up with director Hari on a lot of topics. Vel according to Hari would be a milestone in Surya’s career. As per the director, Surya’s hard work, sincerity and involvement are bound to take him to a next level in Kollywood.

The adulation that he enjoys with the womenfolk would be an additional factor which is sure to work to the advantage of the film.

Hari’s earlier film Thamirabarani had a mix of 60% action and 40% sentiment. But in Vel, he has plans to alter the proportionality equation a bit. There would be an equal dose of action and sentiment to woo the male and female fans of Surya. Hari is confidant about this formula working out successfully. His previous films are an ample proof of this young and intelligent director’s assessment.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-04/23-01-07-surya.html[/tscii:5b63f4b740]

kamalsurya
31st January 2007, 11:44 PM
Surya goes to college again. However, not for studies this time around though. If you frequent YMCA College early in the morning you could get lucky to catch a glimpse of Surya jogging vigorously inside the campus. The actor is on a rigorous workout regime to shed some pounds for his upcoming Varanam Aayiram.

The role demands me to be younger than what I really am. Hence it is necessary that I reduce some kilos to be able to look thin, explains Surya. He further reveals that his role in the Gautam directed Varanam Aayiram is that of a teenager.

Well, a teenager old definitely will look younger that the present-day Surya. Judge yourself the output of his workout when the images of Varanam Aayiram are released in the media. Meanwhile, stay tuned for updates.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-04/23-01-07-surya.html

kb
1st February 2007, 09:28 PM
Little Surya or Little Jyothika?
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
February 01, 2007
This news is sponsored by www.behindbikes.com

Jyothika and Surya are said to have taken their married life to the next level. A bundle of Jo(y) is soon going to be an integral part in the life of this lovely couple. Yes, the news is out. Jyothika is in family way and is expecting her first baby in the month of August 2007.

Jyothika & Surya

It was reported in the media that they have visited a gynecologist's place. This doctor is the same one who took care of Aishwarya Dhanush during her period of maternity. This news should certainly have raised the spirits in Sivakumar's household. For Jyothika, she has completed all her commitments at the professional front. We are awaiting the announcement of this good news from the Sivakumar family.

kutty JO would be gud.. innum 20 yrs nadikka vanthuruvaanga :D :D

Surya
2nd February 2007, 12:35 AM
WOW!! :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats to Surya and JO! :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the news kb. :)

I hope it's another Surya. 8-) Lets see...:P

Kollywoodfan
2nd February 2007, 02:50 AM
Congrats Surya & Jo!! :D :D Hope it's fraternal twins!! One kutty Surya & one kutty Jo! :clap: :clap:

Tia
2nd February 2007, 04:08 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! THATS SOO CUTE!!!!!!

It would be great to have a kutty Surya! :D

It's over cuteee!

congrats to bwoth of em! :D

maithree
2nd February 2007, 04:13 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! THATS SOO CUTE!!!!!!

It would be great to have a kutty Surya! :D

or kutty Jo! :P :qwaaaaaaak: :qwaaaaaaaak: :lol:

Congrats Jo and Surya. 8-)

Tia
2nd February 2007, 04:27 AM
qwaaaaaaaaaaaaaak? :roll: lolz!

Surya
2nd February 2007, 04:30 AM

Holy Moses! :roll:

Shez tryin to copy ur braap! :roll: :rotfl:

Wibho! Get ur own style! :poke:

Tia
2nd February 2007, 04:35 AM
no surya...u mean...she's trying to copy my bwaaaaak?! :roll:

Surya
2nd February 2007, 04:37 AM
Same difference! :oops:

Either way, Plagiarism is Unacceptable! :evil:

Me = Rocks My Socks

Gaayu = Bwaak

Wibho = Get ur own! :poke:

Tia
2nd February 2007, 04:42 AM
:lol: LOLZ! noooo surya...get it right...bwaaak is when i h8 something...or givin da impression of vomiting :lol: brappppp is when i like something...not when i'm trying to say rocks my socks! :lol:

Surya
2nd February 2007, 04:44 AM
So I was right when I said Braapp? :huh:

I don't get it! :cry: I thought I was Down with British Slang! :cry:

It's so hard! :x American Slang Rocks My Socks! 8-)

Surya
2nd February 2007, 04:46 AM
Anywayz, back to topic:

Congrats to "Perazhagan" Surya and "All India Muttai Kannu Figuer Association Thalaivi" Jo Jo Jo Jothika on their new "Promotion" :clap: :clap: :D :D

Wibha
2nd February 2007, 04:48 AM

Holy Moses! :roll:

Shez tryin to copy ur braap! :roll: :rotfl:

Wibho! Get ur own style! :poke:

surya use ur common sense.how cud i be online in da morning? :huh:

:banghead:
and der's no hub in skul :hammer:

Surya
2nd February 2007, 04:51 AM
:? What the hell r u talking abt? :?

U posted that as Maithree just a few mins ago, not in the morning. :roll:

Why r u violating the bet?! :x Where'z the "I HATE MADDY" sig? :?

Wibha
2nd February 2007, 04:53 AM
dat was posted like at 2:40 and now it's like 3:30..................... :banghead:

bet-a? ennadhu? :roll: :lol:

ll put it in spanish if u want :D

Surya
2nd February 2007, 04:54 AM
surya use ur common sense.how cud i be online in da morning? :huh:

And according to u 2:40PM is in the morning?! :?

Surya
2nd February 2007, 04:56 AM
Stop Digressing and get ur DUBAKOOR self outta this thread! :x :lol2:

Anywayz, back to topic:

Congrats to "Perazhagan" Surya and "All India Muttai Kannu Figuer Association Thalaivi" Jo Jo Jo Jothika on their new "Promotion" :clap: :clap: :D :D

Wibha
2nd February 2007, 04:58 AM
:killssurya: :hammer:

SURYA! :clap: baby surya's gonna come :redjump:

Kollywoodfan
2nd February 2007, 05:03 AM
Wait...wow whoa!...who's Wibha now? :shock: :shock:

Surya
2nd February 2007, 05:06 AM

:notthatway: Athu oru sensitive Issue.

But since u asked! :lol2:

Wibha and Maithree are the same person. :exactly:

Kollywoodfan
2nd February 2007, 05:12 AM
ore mathiree! sry :oops:

Wibha
2nd February 2007, 05:12 AM

:banghead: r u in ur senses????????? pls get them back :hammer:

Surya
2nd February 2007, 05:14 AM

:banghead: r u in ur senses????????? pls get them back :hammer:

Everyone knows it! :huh: Why're u trying to hide it? :huh: :roll:

Anywayz, STOP DIGRESSING! :hammer:

Wibha
2nd February 2007, 05:33 AM
ore mathiree! sry :oops:

villan007
2nd February 2007, 09:11 AM
]

athu dhan ellarukum theriume :?

Sinthiya
2nd February 2007, 10:19 AM
Little Surya or Little Jyothika?
February 01, 2007
:o ....wow.... :) ....congrats to Surya and Jyothika - good for them...:clap:...

kamalsurya
2nd February 2007, 12:27 PM
[tscii:6ab520cc1a]
Surya’s sibling Karthik’s debut movie Paruthi Veeran is in news yet again. Looks like Gnanavelrajan – who started out with the movie – wanted his movie back from Amir who took over the production when the movie was on the verge of abandonment. Hailing from the close family circles of Surya,

Gnanavelrajan seems to have offered Amir the requisite funds that were spent for the movie.

However, news has it that Amir quoted a staggering amount for Paruthi Veeran, which led the matter to be elevated to the Producers Council. The council, after scrutiny and screening of the movie opined that Amir’s demand is astronomical.

Discussions were held in this regard wherein Sivakumar was also present. Amir seems to have reached on a settlement and agreed upon the rates quoted during the discussions. As a result, the movie is now owned by producer Gnanavelrajan.

Well, all is well that ends well. Now will the movie hit the bull’s eye? That remains to be seen at the box office.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/feb-07-01/01-02-07-paruthi-veeran.html

Congrats to Surya and Jo for their 1st upcoming child :boo: :redjump: :bluejump: [/tscii:6ab520cc1a]

Kollywoodfan
4th February 2007, 11:56 PM
Technically this should go to the Jo thread...but since there isn't an immediate one...

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/tamil-movies-events/photos-2/mozhi-2/index.html

Tia
6th February 2007, 02:46 AM
Surya is so cute! Wish i had a bf like him :oops:

I nearly cried :cry2:

Watched Scenes of ghajini today cos i had lotsa spare time :D

I watched the scene where asin finds out there are people in her house trying to kill her! and then the mobile rings aned omggggg the get her! HER ACTING WAS AMAZING :shock:

Then she rushhhhhhhhessss out and runs and runs and runs and suryas let down cos he could tell her he was Sanjay Ramasamy and he couldnt meet her and looks at the side mirror on his car and finds her :dunnnnnnnnnn dunnnnnnnnn dunnnnn:

i was breathless from the beginning of that till surya comes :shock:

AND THEN ASIN DIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :cry2: Surya gets trashed :cry: :cry2: :cry2:

And when asins on the floor and gets hit her lips and eyes are slightly moving trying to say sumthing to Surya but then THAT BLUMINNN BALD LOOOOSU :evil: urghhhhhhhhhh! :curse: hits her again and motionless :| :cry2: :cry2:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

selvakumar
6th February 2007, 08:43 AM

JYO UshaaR !! :lol: :yessir: :lol:

Gaayu :P

Wibha
6th February 2007, 08:46 AM

:lol: many girls wish :P

Saamy
6th February 2007, 09:18 AM
awesome description tia :clap:

Tia
7th February 2007, 01:53 AM
No..i don't want to trouble Jo...hope another person cute as surya comes to cinema soon :cry:

Been so long since we've spoke! :D

JYO UshaaR !! :lol: :yessir: :lol:

Gaayu :P

Tia
7th February 2007, 01:54 AM
Yes! Paavam Jo taking all the cursings from girls who love surya :lol:

:lol: many girls wish :P

Tia
7th February 2007, 01:57 AM
10q :P

awesome description tia :clap:

Kollywoodfan
7th February 2007, 02:02 AM
SOK BGM ...Brilliant...I loved this bgm so much that I even recorded into my phone as a ringtone

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/feb-07-01/06-02-07-a-r-rahman.html

MADDY
7th February 2007, 02:09 AM
SOK BGM ...Brilliant...I loved this bgm so much that I even recorded into my phone as a ringtone

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/feb-07-01/06-02-07-a-r-rahman.html

:shock: :shock:

if i'm not wrong, u were the one who wished that music for SOK to be from YSR or HJ?? :?

sorry, if it was not u......

but some girl only commented in HUB that " i wish music was by YSR/HJ than ARR" when SOK audio was released......my heart just fell away after readig that...... :oops:

anyways thanks for the clip.... :D

Kollywoodfan
7th February 2007, 02:13 AM
No no MADDY :D u must be thinking of someone else. I loved ARR's music esp the background. I've lost count of how many times I've heard Munbe Vaa. I was simply mesmerized by the SOK soundtrack! :wink:

Ramakrishna
7th February 2007, 08:25 PM
Vaaranam Aayiram will start soon; but the heroine?
February 07, 2007

After the successful and much talked about Kaakka Kaakka, Surya and Gautham Menon are coming together for Vaaranam Aayiram. For reasons unknown, the shooting of this film is continuously getting postponed. Sources close to the unit aver that without the heroine getting finalized, the movie may not go on floor.

This reason is said to be the main one besides other factors.

Director Gautham Menon has been bombarded with queries regarding the commencement of Vaaranam Aayiram. This tirade of questions did not stop with just the director. It has cascaded to hero Surya also. People have also started advising him not to waste time and take up some other film till VA commences. Having considered all these queries, the crew has now decided to commence shooting without the heroine. Gautham Menon has opted to first can the shots sans the heroine for now. Hence the film is expected to begin its shoot by mid February.

Nakeeran
7th February 2007, 08:32 PM
Enna Ramki

Surya innum kalyana moodla dhaan irukaaro ?

Varachollumaa avara , I want another gajini type movie !

Nakeeran
7th February 2007, 08:33 PM
Enna Ramki

Surya innum kalyana moodla dhaan irukaaro ?

Varachollumaa avara , I want another gajini type movie !

avven
8th February 2007, 11:38 AM
Vaaranam Aayiram will start soon; but the heroine?

February 07, 2007

After the successful and much talked about Kaakka Kaakka, Surya and Gautham Menon are coming together for Vaaranam Aayiram. For reasons unknown, the shooting of this film is continuously getting postponed. Sources close to the unit aver that without the heroine getting finalized, the movie may not go on floor.

This reason is said to be the main one besides other factors.

Director Gautham Menon has been bombarded with queries regarding the commencement of Vaaranam Aayiram. This tirade of questions did not stop with just the director. It has cascaded to hero Surya also. People have also started advising him not to waste time and take up some other film till VA commences. Having considered all these queries, the crew has now decided to commence shooting without the heroine. Gautham Menon has opted to first can the shots sans the heroine for now. Hence the film is expected to begin its shoot by mid February.

Surya
9th February 2007, 12:40 AM
Hmm...I thought that Andreya from Pachailiki Muthucharam was confirmed. :roll:

Either way, :D Can't wait for the first sneak peak of VA! :D

kamalsurya
11th February 2007, 02:26 PM
[tscii:978cc0c690]
Minnalae gave Kollywood one of the promising directors in the form of Gautham Menon who went on to give hits like Kakka Kakka and Vettaiyadu Villayadu. Now there is a fresh controversy surrounding Gautham Menon. Reliable sources confirmed to Behindwoods.com that Gautham had received rupees

1.60 crores from Ajay Kumar to make a movie for him after the success of Kakka Kakka. But Gautham did not keep his word and was busy with Vettaiyadu Villayadu and Pachaikili muthucharam.

It is also said that Gautham returned rupees 60 lakhs to Ajay Kumar who has lodged a complaint against the director in the producer council. To relieve Gautham from this problem Oscar Ravichandran who is the producer of Pachaikili muthucharam has promised Ajay Kumar that the settlement would happen from the money that Pachaikili muthucharam generates and has entered into a legal contract with Ajay Kumar. Oscar Ravichandran has once again proved why he is the savior of Kollywood. But the problem has not stopped there.Hearing this there are two other producers coming out and saying that Gautham owe them money too. A.V.M Balasubramaniam has said that he has given 20 lakh rupees to Gautham and producer Baalu of K.B.Films (producer of Chinna Thambi) has said that he has given rupees 3 lakhs to Gautham Menon for making a movie for his banner. Now we need to wait whether Oscar Ravichandran would settle these two producer's problems
Meanwhile sources say that Gautham's Vaaranam Aayiram could become the victim of these problems. This could also affect actor Surya who has lost weight and slimmed down for the role in this movie. Surya needs to complete this movie quickly and get ready for Hari's Vel for which he is expected to gain weight and pump iron to get his body to shape.

Can Oscar Ravichandran perform the rescue act once again? Behindwoods.com will keep you updated.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/feb-07-01/09-02-07-gautham-menon.html

With the theatre owners’ federation raising objection for the release of movies produced by Oscar Ravichandran, release of upcoming ventures such as Kamal’s Dasavatharam, Surya’s Vaaranam Aayiram, Arjun’s Marudamalai, and Unnale Unnale is under jeopardy.

To show their protest for releasing the Vijay starrer Pokkiri without compensating their losses for Aadi - produced by S.A. Chandrasekhar - the theatre owners belonging to Chennai, Kancheepuram, and Thiruvallur in a press statement announced their non-cooperation for movies produced by Oscar movies. Besides, it is also learnt that the distribution rights of movies owned by Oscar Ravichandran will not be entertained by the theatre owners as well.

Earlier, Oscar Ravichandran who holds the distribution rights of Pokkiri released the movie in those areas despite the theatre owners’ demand for compensation from S.A. Chandrasekhar for losses incurred due to Aadi.

However, as a twist in this issue, sources reveal that the producers’ council and distributors’ council have condemned the act by theatre owners. It is also learnt that those two associations will back Oscar Ravichandran.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/feb-07-01/08-02-07-dasavatharam.html

Surya – besides basking in the glory of fatherhood – seems to be in a hurry up and wait phase of his life. After promising Gautam Menon his dates for Varanam Ayiram, the actor could not do much – other than subjecting himself to a vigorous workout routine – but wait for the movie to kick off.

On the other hand, Gautam is in the midst of resolving the myriad troubles his upcoming Pachaikkili Muthucharam is facing. The movie’s release has been postponed now for a couple of times and it is expected to release on the 9th of February.

If you might remember, the hit director of Pattiyal, Vishnuvardhan had sought Surya’s dates for a promising script titled Sarvam. The movie was even rumored to be Surya and Vishnu’s own production venture. When the media went go-go over Sarvam, the actor showed his thumbs down for the project quoting his earlier commitments for Gautam Menon.

After Surya’s denial, not wanting to abandon the project, Vishnuvardhan started scouting for a lead for his movie. He held discussions with Maddy but to no avail. Later, tired of waiting, Vishnu got on with the work for his Billa 2007 with Ajith in the lead.

Thus came the final curtain for Sarvam and the movie was shelved apparently. As a result, Tamil cinema lost what could have been a potential super hit movie owing to certain trivial issues.

Had Surya said yes for Sarvam, which was expected to kick-start during December 2006, the movie could have been wrapped up by now. On the other hand, Surya made his decision to wait for Varanam Ayiram for which the announcements, including the lead cast other than Surya himself, are nowhere to be seen yet.

With just a single average grosser in 2006 in the form of Sillunnu oru Kadhal, is Surya running against time. With younger actors like Vishal, Dhanush and Simbu breathing down his neck, hope the talented actor doesn’t lose his steam

Omg there is so much problems even b4 a movie have even started a day's of shooting.Som much fiancial problems with Gautham.And will Oscar coem to rescue each time??And now the heroine is not sorted out for the movie.Gautham is busy trying to PKMC realased and Surya is waiting a very long time for the movie to get it rolling.Will the movie ever come out or will this be another abonded project with Surya going to work with Hari on Vel? :cry: [/tscii:978cc0c690]

Kollywoodfan
11th February 2007, 09:40 PM
http://isaithenral.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=45872

BEautiful Couple! :D

Warden
13th February 2007, 08:47 PM
[tscii:b47db7ca51] Vaidvelu paid higher than Surya
February 13, 2007

Here is some news that will cause real concern for the young frontrunners of Kodambakkam. Imsai Arasan’s phenomenal success – as we know – has raised Vadivelu’s star status and he has finalized his next movie in the lead out of the umpteen offers that came along.

Vadivelu
Titled Indiralogathil Naa Azhagappan – yet another news that we all know – the movie will have Vadivelu in the lead. However, the astounding news in this is that Vadivelu has been promised an eye popping 2 crores for the movie. This is infact higher than what a young superstar like Surya demands.

Well, now isn’t that some news? Agree?

:P[/tscii:b47db7ca51]

Surya
14th February 2007, 01:36 AM
:shock:

Source: Behindwoods. :roll: It's hard to believe that Vadivelu is charging 2 Crores after only one hit as a hero. :roll:

On a different note:

He better get one of his Projects, if not VA, rolling soon. :) It's been a while since the ACTION Surya was on Screen. 8-)

Tia
14th February 2007, 02:24 AM
omg vadivel is no cuter than surya so surya shud demand more! :evil:

Surya
14th February 2007, 03:04 AM
It's probably not true. I haven't seen any other site saying it. 8-)

kamalsurya
14th February 2007, 06:27 PM
It's probably not true. I haven't seen any other site saying it. 8-)

So what if it is true?Hardwork and quality always does not get reconigition.Even now Rajini earns more then Kamal...U can judge from there :wink:

kb
14th February 2007, 08:51 PM
paththa vachitiya parattai

ThalaNass
16th February 2007, 06:08 PM
[tscii:aaef16d59a] Vaidvelu paid higher than Surya
February 13, 2007

Here is some news that will cause real concern for the young frontrunners of Kodambakkam. Imsai Arasan’s phenomenal success – as we know – has raised Vadivelu’s star status and he has finalized his next movie in the lead out of the umpteen offers that came along.

Vadivelu
Titled Indiralogathil Naa Azhagappan – yet another news that we all know – the movie will have Vadivelu in the lead. However, the astounding news in this is that Vadivelu has been promised an eye popping 2 crores for the movie. This is infact higher than what a young superstar like Surya demands.

Well, now isn’t that some news? Agree?

:P[/tscii:aaef16d59a]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kollywoodfan
16th February 2007, 09:56 PM
http://isaithenral.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=50045

Surya Jo off screen :)

Nerd
17th February 2007, 02:11 AM

Jo looks like surya's elder sister, seriously :cry:

Kollywoodfan
17th February 2007, 02:13 AM

Hey give her a break...she's gonna have a baby, she must be exhausted :oops:

Surya
17th February 2007, 03:38 AM

Hey give her a break...she's gonna have a baby, she must be exhausted :oops:

Enamo ippove Delivery ellam mudinja maathiri solreenge! :rotfl:

Surya
17th February 2007, 03:40 AM
Jo has hairy arms. :oops:

Surya has lost a lotta weight...:shock: Must be for VA. 8-)

sandiyar_k
17th February 2007, 04:12 PM

Surya has lost a lotta weight...:shock: Must be for VA. 8-) http://i16.tinypic.com/300ywcy.jpg

see the image now... she doesnt have hairy arms... the noise in the image gives such an impression.

Kollywoodfan
17th February 2007, 09:19 PM

Surya has lost a lotta weight...:shock: Must be for VA. 8-) http://i16.tinypic.com/300ywcy.jpg

see the image now... she doesnt have hairy arms... the noise in the image gives such an impression.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Ithella oru discussion-a!?! Hairy arms??!

villan007
17th February 2007, 09:46 PM
:lol2:

sandiyar_k
17th February 2007, 10:18 PM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Ithella oru discussion-a!?! Hairy arms??! surya started it .

ajithfederer
18th February 2007, 12:50 AM
are looks so important :?: 8-)

Surya
18th February 2007, 12:56 AM
Oh okay. thanks for the clarification Sandiyar. :D

Kolly,
We discuss what we find to be interesting. (Although Jo's hairy arms are at the bottom of my interesting things list)

It's just like u discussing Vijay's good looks. :2thumbsup:

MADDY
18th February 2007, 08:23 AM

this guy can attract girls/aunties/moms...... :shock: ......i mailed this photo to my mom (as she followed the entire surya-jo marriage :lol: ).......she was like "ayyo evalavu azhaga irukaanga, yaen kanne pattudum pola"..... :roll: .....surya is just going the sivakumar way.....women just adore him - any age group :D

Tia
18th February 2007, 06:15 PM
even my mum...she sees a surya ad going on tv she shouts:
ayo gaayini! suryas sooooooooooooo cuteeeeeeee!

and i join in with her :lol: and then my 6 year old sister copies me :roll:

Wibha
19th February 2007, 07:30 AM
surya rocks :clap: anyone can get attracted wid his luks... r family frnd's daughter is in luv wid surya and she's barely 4 yrs :lol: she will do anything if u put surya's name :cool:

Wibha
19th February 2007, 07:35 AM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Ithella oru discussion-a!?! Hairy arms??!

:lol: :lol:

Tia
20th February 2007, 11:46 PM
Awwwwwwwww cute! :P

surya rocks :clap: anyone can get attracted wid his luks... r family frnd's daughter is in luv wid surya and she's barely 4 yrs :lol: she will do anything if u put surya's name :cool:

villan007
20th February 2007, 11:50 PM
Awwwwwwwww cute! :P

:banghead:

Surya
21st February 2007, 01:13 AM
:lol2:

kb
21st February 2007, 02:38 AM
PKMC is not so much appreciated..

wish varanam aayiram is a gud movie for surya.. it sounds more like a student revolution.. is it another ayutha ezhuthu.. lets wait.

if that fails then :oops: :oops:

may be will need bala again..

Surya
21st February 2007, 02:41 AM
Even though PKMC isn't appreciated by many, it's box office report still isn't bad. 8-) Bad yet atleast.

I think VA is a sure winner. :thumbsup:

Student Revolution? Wasn't is a Supernatural Thriller?

Aandavan
21st February 2007, 10:45 AM
PKMC is not so much appreciated..

wish varanam aayiram is a gud movie for surya.. it sounds more like a student revolution.. is it another ayutha ezhuthu.. lets wait.

if that fails then :oops: :oops:

may be will need bala again..venumune discourage panrathey unnaku velyaa pochu....

but "nee mattum vijay-a discourage panalayaa" appidinu mattum ketkaathey..

some things need to be discouraged... 8-)

kb
21st February 2007, 11:06 AM
che naan un kitta vijay pathi ketpaenaa illa pesuvenaa :notthatway:

somehow i feel surya shud improve something..and i dont know what is that :oops:

vijay has lot of things to improve(acting,story selection,dialogues).. but surya is very gud in almost everything.. still he is not clicking.. :?:

Aandavan
21st February 2007, 11:08 AM

somehow i feel surya shud improve something..and i dont know what is that :oops:

vijay has lot of things to improve(acting,story selection,dialogues).. but surya is very gud in almost everything.. still he is not clicking.. :?: :lol: surya is very very popular and he is real star with good BO power .. after all he had done just 15 or so movies...

clicking-naa enna??? dappaankuthu dance-kku fans whilstle adikkurathaa??

kb
21st February 2007, 11:17 AM
enna thaan vandiyila.. petrol.. mileage .. horsepower irrundhaalum.. andha spark plug venum pa.. appa thaan vandi odum :roll:

may be break after SOK is doing this.. coming days we will have full dose of him :?

Aandavan
21st February 2007, 11:41 AM
enna thaan vandiyila.. petrol.. mileage .. horsepower irrundhaalum.. andha spark plug venum pa.. appa thaan vandi odum :roll:

may be break after SOK is doing this.. coming days we will have full dose of him :? spark ellam irukku paa.. ippo surya Electric start thaan use panraaru.. nee romba kavalai padaathey.. 8-)

Ramakrishna
21st February 2007, 09:25 PM
Will Surya strike again with Gajini?
February 21, 2007

Gajini created waves in Kollywood. The film was received with enthusiastic reviews not only from the vernacular media but also was well appreciated on a national level. Performances of Surya and Asin were the highlight of the film and Murugadoss had achieved the status of celebrity director who was sought after by the bigwigs of the industry.

surya
This film was expected to win many awards. But unfortunately there was no effort at the producer level. Salem A. Chandrasekar who had produced Gajini had not sent the film for the national award. The final date for sending the film to the national jury is over.

On the regional front too, similar scenario persists with no attempt in sending the film for regional award. When the producer was questioned on this, he said, "During the making of Gajini, Murugadoss and Surya had promised to do a film for me. But they have not kept up their promise till date. So, why should I recommend this film for an award?" Subsequently Surya is said to have had continuous parleys with the producer and has made arrangements to send the film for regional award.

Ramakrishna
21st February 2007, 09:25 PM
Vaaranam Aayiram Research
February 20, 2007
When Gautham Menon was quizzed by our behindwoods correspondent if 'Derailed' was his source of inspiration for "Pachaikili Muthucharam", he answered in negative and said that the film was based on a story by James Siegel. While talking about the delay in Vaaranam Aayiram,

gautham-menon
he says, "I have been doing extensive research on Vaaranam Aayiram. It is because of this that the film is getting delayed but certainly not due to any financial crisis or any other issues as reported by the media".

Gautham was in England collecting some research material for Vaaranam Aayiram when he had to rush back home owing to the sudden demise of his father. He was to be in England on the release of his "Pachaikili Muthucharam" but what fate had in store for him was totally different. He had to perform the last rites of his father on the same day of "Pachaikili Muthucharam" release.

ajithfederer
21st February 2007, 09:43 PM
kb nee ennathan solla varey :roll:

Surya
22nd February 2007, 01:42 AM
Aandava Pinnite! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

KB, :)
He's only had one flop after One Blocbuster and a Hit. :? Athukkulla not clicking-a? Even VJ had Aathi which was a flop, athukaaga VJ wasn't clicking-a? How do u define clicking anyway? :huh:

Like Aandavan said, Surya is very popular with a good BO Capacity (Espicially when considering that he's only done 15 movies or so 8-)). But anyone needs a suitable movie to impress their audience. If it doesn't suit the audience the movie flops. Like BABA for Rajini, Aalavanthaan for Kamal, Aathi for VJ, Jana for Ajith, Sivapathigaaram for Vishal, Saravana for Simbu, etc etc. Flops happen to everone ranging from rajini to simbu. Just because these ppl have flops doesn't mean they stop clicking. Everyone has a flop once in a while, that doesn't mean their "clicking" has stopped. 8-)

Surya
22nd February 2007, 01:45 AM
Vaaranam Aayiram Research
February 20, 2007
When Gautham Menon was quizzed by our behindwoods correspondent if 'Derailed' was his source of inspiration for "Pachaikili Muthucharam", he answered in negative and said that the film was based on a story by James Siegel. While talking about the delay in Vaaranam Aayiram,

gautham-menon
he says, "I have been doing extensive research on Vaaranam Aayiram. It is because of this that the film is getting delayed but certainly not due to any financial crisis or any other issues as reported by the media".

Gautham was in England collecting some research material for Vaaranam Aayiram when he had to rush back home owing to the sudden demise of his father. He was to be in England on the release of his "Pachaikili Muthucharam" but what fate had in store for him was totally different. He had to perform the last rites of his father on the same day of "Pachaikili Muthucharam" release.

Research-a? :D Build-up semmaya iruku....I wonder what it's about. 8-)

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd February 2007, 08:08 AM
Is he doing anyother movie after VA?

thimuru
22nd February 2007, 08:10 AM

vijay has lot of things to improve(acting,story selection,dialogues).. but surya is very gud in almost everything.. still he is not clicking.. :?:

hello.....surya is a welleshtablihed actor now

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd February 2007, 08:13 AM
Proly Kb is talking about mass for Surya!

I dont think he need seperate mass as almost all actor's fans and neutrals likes him and his movies.

Nobody hates Surya! 8-)

thimuru
22nd February 2007, 08:24 AM
Proly Kb is talking about mass for Surya!

I dont think he need seperate mass as almost all actor's fans and neutrals likes him and his movies.

Nobody hates Surya! 8-)

vijayku mass irundhu ippo enna CM aagaporara?

mass vechu serakka kooda mudiyadhu!

all one needs in cinema is talent to give hits...he got capacity to give blockbuster like gajni...then wut?

rajnike baba flopu---

kb
22nd February 2007, 08:30 AM
i was not thinking abt mass exactly..

but ippa rajini padathuku pona oru nalla style getthu ethir paapeenga
kamal padathula oru nalla acting or emotional scene.

vijay padathula oru galagalappa oru happy movie..(kamal kapuram ezhithina sandaiki varuvaanga)

but surya padathula guess we expect gud directors and story..
nothing from surya :oops:

may be as andavan said. its just 15 movies.. he need time

thimuru
22nd February 2007, 08:33 AM
i was not thinking abt mass exactly..

but ippa rajini padathuku pona oru nalla style getthu ethir paapeenga
kamal padathula oru nalla acting or emotional scene.

vijay padathula oru galagalappa oru happy movie..(kamal kapuram ezhithina sandaiki varuvaanga)

but surya padathula guess we expect gud directors and story..
nothing from surya :oops:

may be as andavan said. its just 15 movies.. he need time

why do they need to expect for a certain type?

they expect for a surya movie....thats enough..he has got opening.....if the movie is good....its a hit...thats it.

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd February 2007, 08:43 AM
Well Kb! I will watch all movies of Surya(after Nandha) in theatre just because we can expect some high quality performance by this guy! He didn disappoint me so far!

Even Vijay,Ajith failed to impress but not this guy! Eventhough Aaru is an ordinary masala movie, his acting,body language was too good! He does lot of hardwork and shows variety in acting.

Movie Cop
22nd February 2007, 09:00 AM
As far as the movies I've seen, Surya's good performances are in Kaaka Kaaka, Pithamagan, Perazhagan and Ghajini. All varied roles. But unfortunately his performances in Perazhagan & Ghajini were to some extent wasted by bad script/screenplay, IMO...

Haven't seen Nandha fully (have seen only in bits and pieces)... Surya has performed really well in all different roles but he needs some solid scripts/movies to take him to the next level...

NOV
22nd February 2007, 09:04 AM
methinks surya is doing fine as of now.
theres absolutely no need for him to imitate anyone.

even his flop SOK is enjoyable.

Sinthiya
22nd February 2007, 09:30 AM
Eventhough Aaru is an ordinary masala movie, his acting,body language was too good! He does lot of hardwork and shows variety in acting.
:exactly:...i liked Aaru more than Ghajini... :oops: ...his acting in Aaru was just great 8-) ...

Selvan
22nd February 2007, 09:51 AM
his acting in Aaru was just great 8-) ...
:shock: !

Sinthiya
22nd February 2007, 09:58 AM
:oops: ...i really liked the movie...Surya acted well (at least i thought so... :roll: )....

Kollywoodfan
22nd February 2007, 10:03 AM
I don't know...I felt that Ghajini was more challenging and that Surya did it with more aplomb! :wink:

Surya
22nd February 2007, 11:45 AM
Hmm....I guess everyone answering kb's post shows where surya is. 8-) :P

Kb, :)
What can u expect in a Surya movie other than Good Story and Script?

Surya's awesome performance. Which is what a good actor does! :D A good actor is supposed to play his role very well and impress his audience, rather than recruite mass with hopes of coming to politics in the future.

Surya isn't interested in Mass, if he was, I think he would be doing more and more Aaru and not even gone NEAR a movie like SOK.

So what do ppl expect from Surya?
Expect him to give a good performance for the role, look good, and entertain. Which is what being an actor is all about, rather than recruiting mass. 8-) And he is doing that just fine.

What does the producer/distributor xpect?
Profit.

And with the xeption of SOK, AE and Maayaavi, all his movies have done that very well starting with Mounam Pesiyathe. 8-)

Mounam Pesiyathe - hit
Kaaka Kaaka - Superhit
Pithamagan - Hit
Perazhagan - Hit
Aitha Ezuthu/Mayaavi - Flop
Gajini - Blockbuster 8-)
Aaru - Hit 8-)
Sok - Flop

Lets see what the "Student Revolution/Supernatural Thriller" Vaanaram Aayiram has for us. 8-)

Aandavan
22nd February 2007, 11:50 AM
Eventhough Aaru is an ordinary masala movie, his acting,body language was too good! He does lot of hardwork and shows variety in acting.
:exactly:...i liked Aaru more than Ghajini... :oops: ...his acting in Aaru was just great 8-) ... :shock: ur the first female, to say something like this :!: :!: :!:

Surya
22nd February 2007, 11:51 AM
Sridhar and Sinthiya :D

I agree too! His performance in Aaru was awesome also! :thumbsup: 8-) I was surpriced that he pulled the local chennai dialect off. 8-)

Aandavan
22nd February 2007, 11:55 AM
And with the xeption of SOK, AE and Maayaavi, all his movies have done that very well starting with Mounam Pesiyathe. 8-)

Mounam Pesiyathe - hit
Kaaka Kaaka - Superhit
Pithamagan - Hit
Perazhagan - Hit
Aitha Ezuthu/Mayaavi - Flop
Gajini - Blockbuster 8-)
Aaru - Hit 8-)
Sok - Flop

Lets see what the "Student Revolution/Supernatural Thriller" Vaanaram Aayiram has for us. 8-) exactly :!:

This guy has the best reach among the public today... just go around chennai city and its suburbs.. its surya everywhere... 8-)

thinkfloyd
22nd February 2007, 11:59 AM
Even the super-dud Mayavi which i stopped watching after half an hour or something was watchable (whatever portion) only because of Surya. He has a good comedy sense and dialogue delivery...
e.g. The unnaviradham scene :lol:

thimuru
22nd February 2007, 03:39 PM
Even the super-dud Mayavi which i stopped watching after half an hour or something was watchable (whatever portion) only because of Surya. He has a good comedy sense and dialogue delivery...

he never irritates us!

thats his advantage

Aandavan
22nd February 2007, 03:51 PM

he never irritates us!

thats his advantage Paruthiveeran Trailor paaru paa :evil:

thimuru
22nd February 2007, 03:53 PM

he never irritates us!

annan thambikaatrum udhavi :lol:

Surya
23rd February 2007, 01:59 AM

he never irritates us!

:lol:

Athu Family Obligation. :P

Sinthiya
23rd February 2007, 09:42 AM
:shock: ur the first female, to say something like this :!: :!: :!:
thanks... :roll: ...don't get me wrong, i liked Ghajini too but Surya's performance was better in Aaru than Ghajini in my opinion...in Ghajini, it was all about Surya's style and he dressed very well 8-) ...but his acting was minimal to me... :roll: ...just my thoughts...

Aandavan
23rd February 2007, 10:12 AM
thanks... :roll: ...don't get me wrong, i liked Ghajini too but Surya's performance was better in Aaru than Ghajini in my opinion...in Ghajini, it was all about Surya's style and he dressed very well 8-) ...but his acting was minimal to me... :roll: ...just my thoughts... his performance in Aaru was good. Usuallly females are always bothered abt their favourite actor's looks. Aaru had violence and vulgar language too. So the majority of the female population, just boycotted that movie 8-)

selvakumar
23rd February 2007, 10:19 AM
AARU is a movie which will be appreciated only by the MALE AUDIENCE esp C centre. I enjoyed it throughly though too much of vulgar dilogues, violence etc :curse:

It would be better IF surya avoids them. With that movie, his female fan base completely got ruined and that is the truth. SOK was fine when compared to AARU !

But I enjoyed AARU in a local theatre here with slum background ! :)

ajithfederer
23rd February 2007, 10:21 AM
aaru was def a good movie....kudos to surya for trying a mass rowdy role......

his slang and mannerisms were too good.....

Kollywoodfan
23rd February 2007, 09:54 PM
I liked Aaru too. Surya was excellent as the naive rowdy. He did a very good job be it action or romance. But like Selva says, with all the potential he's got, he should do films like Aaru occasionally and mainly stick with winners like Ghajini, cause IMO his true talent lies in experimenting and bringing live to tough roles like that of Sanjay Ramasamy. Everyone is doing violent action films nowadays :roll: but only few people can do roles like Ghajini.

Tia
24th February 2007, 03:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xothA560KM

I would seriously die for a guy like him :oops: soo cute!

the songs awsum tooo! rangooo rangoliiiiii kolangaaaaaaaaaaalll nee potall :music: bla bla bla bla ...haha i cant write the rest of the lyrics :oops:

MADDY
24th February 2007, 04:36 AM
AARU is a movie which will be appreciated only by the MALE AUDIENCE esp C centre. I enjoyed it throughly though too much of vulgar dilogues, violence etc :curse:

It would be better IF surya avoids them. With that movie, his female fan base completely got ruined and that is the truth. SOK was fine when compared to AARU !

OMG.....i just realised something - Aaru and SOK - 2 back to back flops......... :shock: :shock: ...which means surya is under pressure to deliver........y isnt anyone talking abt this??? :? ..........hmmmm.....some guys are very lucky i shuld say.....

Surya
24th February 2007, 04:38 AM
:? :?

No one is talking abt this because Aaru isn't a Flop! :lol:

It was a Hit.
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14113053

The Ironic thing was, After Pongal Releases that year, Aaru was still just doing it's usual business but Gajini came in for a 2nd Round. :clap:

Chennai Box-Office (Jan 20- 22)
Tuesday, 24 January , 2006, 12:50
The big surprise is that the leftover's like Kanda Naal Mudhal and Ghajini have made strong comebacks as it was shifted to the second set of theatres.

http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14126456

8-)

Kollywoodfan
24th February 2007, 09:55 AM
thanks... :roll: ...don't get me wrong, i liked Ghajini too but Surya's performance was better in Aaru than Ghajini in my opinion...in Ghajini, it was all about Surya's style and he dressed very well 8-) ...but his acting was minimal to me... :roll: ...just my thoughts... his performance in Aaru was good. Usuallly females are always bothered abt their favourite actor's looks. Aaru had violence and vulgar language too. So the majority of the female population, just boycotted that movie 8-)

:lol: IMO, Surya looked better in Aaru than in Ghajini. In Aaru, he was robust with the mustasche and looked very handsome. In Ghajini, it was more his suave body language and cool expressions as the business tycoon that was attractive rather than his shaven look. :wink:

Aandavan
24th February 2007, 10:01 AM

OMG.....i just realised something - Aaru and SOK - 2 back to back flops......... :shock: :shock: ...which means surya is under pressure to deliver........y isnt anyone talking abt this??? :? ..........hmmmm.....some guys are very lucky i shuld say..... Aaru is a silver jubilee at Devi :roll:

Aandavan
24th February 2007, 10:04 AM
:lol: IMO, Surya looked better in Aaru than in Ghajini. i hope u had taken only the mottai gajini getup into consideration :cry: :cry:

PS: ennakku opposite-a pesurathunu mudivu panniteengala?? 8-)

Sinthiya
24th February 2007, 10:44 AM
his slang and mannerisms were too good.....
8-)

:lol: IMO, Surya looked better in Aaru than in Ghajini. In Aaru, he was robust with the mustasche and looked very handsome. In Ghajini, it was more his suave body language and cool expressions as the business tycoon that was attractive rather than his shaven look. :wink:
yes...Surya looked good in Aaru even with that rough look 8-) ...:P...
i prefer Kaakha Kaakha over Ghajini... :roll: ... :oops:

Surya can do any role...he's got the look & personality :) ...SOK may not be a good movie :roll: but Surya's acting and looks were 8-) he did justice to that role...from the college student to being a husband/father...

kb
24th February 2007, 10:45 AM

anyday :D

VENKIRAJA
24th February 2007, 11:05 AM
OMG.....i just realised something - Aaru and SOK - 2 back to back flops......... ...which means surya is under pressure to deliver........y isnt anyone talking abt this??? ..........hmmmm.....some guys are very lucky i shuld say.....

yeah true.surya to me doent desrve to b compared with vikram,the performer.surya's looks make him popular and the hype the media boosts.remember the hype he created with SOK.the same applies to the wannabe holly-director gautham menon.both of them join this time which i suppose to b a flop,unlike the last ball.

selvakumar
24th February 2007, 11:07 AM

:shock: :|

Warden
24th February 2007, 12:52 PM
SOK's telugu dubbed version Nuvvu Nenu Prema released yesterday.

Kollywoodfan
24th February 2007, 10:05 PM

Same here :yessir: There's something about a man in uniform :lol:

Surya
25th February 2007, 12:16 AM

OMG.....i just realised something - Aaru and SOK - 2 back to back flops......... :shock: :shock: ...which means surya is under pressure to deliver........y isnt anyone talking abt this??? :? ..........hmmmm.....some guys are very lucky i shuld say..... Aaru is a silver jubilee at Devi :roll:

8-)

Surya
25th February 2007, 12:17 AM

Same here :yessir: There's something about a man in uniform :lol:

:shock: :lol: :lol:

Kollywoodfan
26th February 2007, 09:34 PM
Hey, I meant that their discipline is attractive

Surya, Jo, Karthi (now a now star of his own :wink:) & family at Prabhu's son's wedding. They all look nice, especially Jo.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186847.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186842.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186843.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186846.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186844.html

kamalsurya
15th March 2007, 10:12 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/kamal-paruthiveeran/kamal-paruthiveeran-1.html

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/kamal-paruthiveeran/kamal-paruthiveeran-2.html

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/kamal-paruthiveeran/kamal-paruthiveeran-3.html

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/kamal-paruthiveeran/kamal-paruthiveeran-4.html

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/kamal-paruthiveeran/kamal-paruthiveeran-5.html

:notworthy: :notworthy: Surya & Karthi are lucky boys :notworthy: :notworthy:

kb
15th March 2007, 10:14 AM
varanam aayiram illa vel ethaachum start panninaangala :roll:

Surya
15th March 2007, 11:02 AM
VA is supposed to hit floors this month. :roll:

Vel...I have no clue. :cry:

Vaatamaana Ooty Berika is messin up Perazhagan's Drift! :x

Warden
15th March 2007, 05:43 PM
[tscii:128b6c93c8]Surya- Under pressure?
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 14 March , 2007, 17:14
Surya had catapulted to fame and popularity in Andhra Pradesh after the stupendous success of the dubbed version of the Tamil film Ghajini. But his popularity is on the downhill after his next two dubbed films that he brought to Telugu – Aaru and Nuvvu Nenu Prema (Sillunu Oru Kathal in Tamil) sank without a trace in its first week itself.

Nuvvu Nenu Prema projected as a 'breezy romantic entertainer' with Surya and Jyothika in the lead was produced by Surya’s home banner `Studio Green`. It was earlier planned to release simultaneously with its Tamil version. But after the original bombed the Telugu release was postponed.

As Aaru had released immediately after Ghajini, it managed to get an opening but this was not the case with Nuvvu Nenu Prema The film could not take an opening and only managed to get good theatres in A centers like Hyderabad.

So Surya’s dream of building a big market for himself in Andhra like a Rajnikant or Kamal Haasan has backfired. Vikram too after Aparichitudu had a flop in Majaa.

On the other hand, it is Vishal who is cleverly marketing himself as he is a Telugu born and can dub in his own voice and has local contacts. He mixes well with the media freely and he and his brother Vikram Krishna promotes their films aggressively.

Now they are promoting their new film Bharani (Thamarabharani in Tamil) almost like a straight film, and if it takes a decent opening, Vishal becomes bigger than Surya in Andhra!

http://sify.com/movies/telugu/fullstory.php?id=14409275

:lol2: Looks like Suryas 2 dozen interviews to Gemini and Maa TVs have produced no result :cry: :cry: :cry:[/tscii:128b6c93c8]

Surya
15th March 2007, 11:07 PM
[tscii:589c365f26]Surya- Under pressure?
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 14 March , 2007, 17:14
Surya had catapulted to fame and popularity in Andhra Pradesh after the stupendous success of the dubbed version of the Tamil film Ghajini. But his popularity is on the downhill after his next two dubbed films that he brought to Telugu – Aaru and Nuvvu Nenu Prema (Sillunu Oru Kathal in Tamil) sank without a trace in its first week itself.Nuvvu Nenu Prema projected as a 'breezy romantic entertainer' with Surya and Jyothika in the lead was produced by Surya’s home banner `Studio Green`. It was earlier planned to release simultaneously with its Tamil version. But after the original bombed the Telugu release was postponed.As Aaru had released immediately after Ghajini, it managed to get an opening but this was not the case with Nuvvu Nenu Prema The film could not take an opening and only managed to get good theatres in A centers like Hyderabad.So Surya’s dream of building a big market for himself in Andhra like a Rajnikant or Kamal Haasan has backfired. Vikram too after Aparichitudu had a flop in Majaa.On the other hand, it is Vishal who is cleverly marketing himself as he is a Telugu born and can dub in his own voice and has local contacts. He mixes well with the media freely and he and his brother Vikram Krishna promotes their films aggressively.Now they are promoting their new film Bharani (Thamarabharani in Tamil) almost like a straight film, and if it takes a decent opening, Vishal becomes bigger than Surya in Andhra!

http://sify.com/movies/telugu/fullstory.php?id=14409275

:lol2: Looks like Suryas 2 dozen interviews to Gemini and Maa TVs have produced no result :cry: :cry: :cry:[/tscii:589c365f26]

Poi vera velaiya paaruda! :rotfl:

Surya has had 2 sucessful films in andra. He's only had one that hasn't suceeded now I guess. :? That too it did well in A Centers. 8-) Class Audience unlike some others. :lol2:

Either way, one flop puts a person back out of the industry? :lol2:

Vaaranam Ayiram or Vel (whichever comes first) will bring him back in Andra. One flop doesn't hurt anyone too much in tamil anyway. 8-)

Surya
16th March 2007, 07:31 AM
http://www.isaithenral.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=46080

8-)

Warden
16th March 2007, 11:01 AM
Poi vera velaiya paaruda! :rotfl:

Surya has had 2 sucessful films in andra.
May I kno those :lol2: Only Ghajini was successful.Aaru,Maayavi(Escape),JOK(Nuvvu Nenu Preama), etc wudnt have recovered even the dubbing/recording costs :lol2: Entha nenappula ivan ellaam dubbing panni release pannuraan.Andhra pasanga ellam kenainganu nenappo :lol2:

-deleted-

kb
16th March 2007, 11:06 AM
naveen.. mayavi is KIDNAP not escape :roll: but athu flop :?

Warden
16th March 2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah kidnap sorry :D
This was how it was doin the very first day in Hyderabad RTC roads(chennai mt road maathiri for movies)
20% collections :lol2:
http://www.superhit.co.in/boxoffice.asp?record=oct6collections
Heard that Surya's also dubbed n released Maunam Pesiyathey into telugu(antha padattha yerkanavey telugula remake pannaanga.movie flopped).Pathetic :lol2:
Oru padam hit aachi,that too it was mainly because of the hype surrounding AR Murugadoss who was then doing Stalin with Chiranjeevi

naveen.. mayavi is KIDNAP not escape :roll: but athu flop :?

kb
16th March 2007, 12:14 PM
what is the title they put for surya in the title cards when the movie begins :roll:

kamalsurya
16th March 2007, 12:15 PM
Nope he one of the very few young actors who does not put a title to his name when the movie begins

Thirumaran
16th March 2007, 12:39 PM
Stick your discussion on Surya and his movies only here

induuuu
16th March 2007, 04:35 PM
hi surya

Surya
17th March 2007, 12:47 AM
[quote]-deleted-

PS: It was the moviebuzz article which said the Nuvvu Nenu Prema is doing good in A Centers in Hyderabad. 8-) Please read the articles u post! :lol2:

Surya
17th March 2007, 12:47 AM
hi surya

:?

Ramakrishna
17th March 2007, 12:54 AM
hi surya

:?

Not u, actor Surya :evil:

Surya
17th March 2007, 12:57 AM
OH..:oops:

Kollywoodfan
17th March 2007, 03:50 AM
Perazhagan Part 2: awesome movie!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5623629007366692462&q=tamil+movie&hl=en

Warden
17th March 2007, 11:25 AM
PS: It was the moviebuzz article which said the Nuvvu Nenu Prema is doing good in A Centers in Hyderabad. 8-) Please read the articles u post! :lol2:
It states movie managed to get good theaters only in Hyderabad :lol2: not that it was doing good :lol2:
Coolers remove pannittu soda buddi pottuko pa :wave:

ginga
17th March 2007, 12:07 PM
surya is a good actor. But, he needs to do some different and heavy roles like madhavan and vikram.

Surya
18th March 2007, 12:42 AM
-deleted-

NOV
18th March 2007, 10:18 AM
WARNING: Stop bringing in other actors to this thread!

ginga
18th March 2007, 11:28 PM
I am not trying to bring other actors in this thread. I am telling about the roles that surya should take in the future to withstand his position. Otherwise, surya will be down and out.

Surya
20th March 2007, 12:16 AM

Wibha
20th March 2007, 05:53 AM
:lol: wen's his movie releasing btw? :roll
:

Surya
20th March 2007, 06:16 AM
I think VA has started shooting...VA is set to release later in 07. :?

smith
20th March 2007, 04:08 PM
JOK, though it flopped in tamil, is doing well in A.P

But seems surya is not suited for romantic roles.

nerdy
20th March 2007, 04:22 PM

SOK is a flop in AP too. 8-)

Surya
21st March 2007, 01:41 AM

8-)

:lol: I guess ppl have forgotten Sanjay Ramasami! :roll:

Surya is one of the ppl who doesn't annoy the audience as a romantic hero. 8-)

SOK flopped because of the Director, and bad Story/Screenplay. The Climax was the biggest Minus Point.

Kollywoodfan
21st March 2007, 03:29 AM
Surya is cute in romantic roles no doubt, Surya. :x it is so confusing differentiating between you two. Perazhagan & Ghajini were good examples of that, but these two films focused more on the storyline and action, it's hard to explain. Like Perazhagan was more that Surya shone as Chinna (and the whole concept of beauty isn't everything) and in Ghajini, his memory loss acting was prominent. Love was kinda of an addition weaved nicely into these two films.

However, when it comes to a straight romantic film like SOK, which really didn't have many distractions from the central concept of love, Surya isn't the top choice of the present-day heros. Surya's strength is more in comedy and pure acting as characters like Chinna. Of course, I agree that SOK's failure cannot be blamed on Surya cuz he did do a very good job. :D

Jabroni
21st March 2007, 04:37 AM
:lol: I guess ppl have forgotten Sanjay Ramasami! :roll:

Surya is one of the ppl who doesn't annoy the audience as a romantic hero. 8-)

SOK flopped because of the Director, and bad Story/Screenplay. The Climax was the biggest Minus Point.
don't need to pull ramasamy in defense. actually he was very good in sok. the failure of sok has bearing on surya's acting or vice versa. the film flopped due to the high expectation. that it was the couple's last movie before marriage. the director made a good decision in roping in surya for the role, but he couldn't write fast-moving script.

MADDY
21st March 2007, 05:19 AM
don't need to pull ramasamy in defense. actually he was very good in sok. the failure of sok has bearing on surya's acting or vice versa. the film flopped due to the high expectation. that it was the couple's last movie before marriage. the director made a good decision in roping in surya for the role, but he couldn't write fast-moving script.

:exactly:

actually SOK was a beautiful movie in my opinion though irritatingly slow......also, it was so out of place with tamil audience who want raw movies nowadays........ :cry:

and surya's action was very good in SOK....... :D

MADDY
21st March 2007, 05:24 AM
However, when it comes to a straight romantic film like SOK, which really didn't have many distractions from the central concept of love, Surya isn't the top choice of the present-day heros.

may i kno who is ur "top choice" for such roles in present gen??? :roll:

Wibha
21st March 2007, 05:28 AM
SOK wonder how it could become a flop? :roll:
except for the picturisation of songs it was a very excellent movie.........its' just dat ppl were not ready to accept da movie as the concept changed a little.......... SOK was 100 times better dan many of surya's old movies

Kollywoodfan
21st March 2007, 06:39 AM
However, when it comes to a straight romantic film like SOK, which really didn't have many distractions from the central concept of love, Surya isn't the top choice of the present-day heros.

:roll: Attitude...for straight love, what a surprise...MADDY!! Madhavan is apt for romantic roles! :wink:

kamalsurya
21st March 2007, 11:57 AM

:roll: Attitude...for straight love, what a surprise...MADDY!! Madhavan is apt for romantic roles! :wink:

So u are saying if Madavan played Surya's role in JOK it would have been a hit? :roll: I think the main reason for it's flop was the climax the director chose was far too safe IMHO.The 1st 10 min was completely unnecssarry the village part.The movie could have started straight away from the mumbai.The separate comedy tracks involving vadivelu was not necssarry in a romantic movie like this.I don't know when this directors are going to change adding separate comedy tracks just for the plain sake of adding it

thimuru
21st March 2007, 03:25 PM

actually SOK was a beautiful movie in my opinion though irritatingly slow......also, it was so out of place with tamil audience who want raw movies nowadays........ :cry:

its a decent movie...the climax is also good...tamil cinema audiece :banghead:

smith
21st March 2007, 05:12 PM
The audience cannot be blamed for SOK's flop. Surya just is not good enough for romantic roles. Also, the story lacked plausibility at several places & the pace was slow.

thimuru
21st March 2007, 06:16 PM
The audience cannot be blamed for SOK's flop. Surya just is not good enough for romantic roles. Also, the story lacked plausibility at several places & the pace was slow.

hes good in romantic roles

best in younger generation atleast.

gajni
kaaka kaaka

Kollywoodfan
22nd March 2007, 12:54 AM
No, kamalsurya :roll: thanks for jumping to your own conclusions!

We were talking about heros suited for romance and all I meant was that I liked SOK and realize that it's lack of success is not Surya's fault. But Maddy asked me who I would rank above Surya in the romance department and I said Madhavan. Let's stop the dig :evil:

Surya
22nd March 2007, 02:28 AM

gajni
kaaka kaaka

:yes: He's one of the most eligible actors in the Industry to do Romantic Roles. 8-)

Ladee Shiika
22nd March 2007, 02:41 AM

gajni
kaaka kaaka

:yes: He's one of the most eligible actors in the Industry to do Romantic Roles. 8-)

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hes leik relli relli gud in romantic roles like look at kaaka kaaka and ghajini also , liek wat da otehr guy sed.. lol i find surya an AWESOME actor no matter wat part he plays

Surya
22nd March 2007, 02:59 AM

gajni
kaaka kaaka

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hes leik relli relli gud in romantic roles like look at kaaka kaaka and ghajini also , liek wat da otehr guy sed.. lol i find surya an AWESOME actor no matter wat part he plays

Hey Varu wassup. 8-) Long Time! :cry: My MSN ain't workin! :cry:

Wibha
22nd March 2007, 05:39 AM

its a decent movie...the climax is also good...tamil cinema audiece :banghead:

:exactly: the audience havce lost their TASTE :banghead:

kamalsurya
28th March 2007, 11:08 AM
[tscii:8ed8c54958]
After Pachchaikili Muthucharam, Gautham Menon has become very vulnerable to allegations that his movies are remakes of English originals. Pachchaikili Muthucharam was based on the novel Derailed, a fact admitted by Gautham himself. However, most people took it for granted that the movie was a frame to frame remake of an English movie of the same name starring Jennifer Aniston. Though both movies were based on the same novel, there were differences that went largely unnoticed due to a predetermined notion amongst the viewing public. Needless to say, this half baked propaganda became one of the factors that affected the performance of the movie at the box office. Pachchaikili Muthucharam has been unable to live up to the expectations that were generated by the Gautham-Oscar Movies combine.

Now the same combination is getting ready to bring out another movie. It will be the Surya starrer Vaaranum Aayiram. Already there have been talks about this movie too being a remake, or at least inspired by another. Buzz started going around that the movie is based on a Russian film titled ‘Character’, a story of ego clashes between father and son. Gautham too had earlier stated that his movie would be based on a father-son relation. Add to this, the synopsis of the story that had been read out at the official launch of Vaaranum Aayiram is said to resemble that of Character.

No one knows how far this is true. One thing is for sure; there would not have been too many people present at the launch who are in the habit of watching Russian movies. Even if there was someone then they better be wise enough to reserve their judgment till Vaaranum Aayiram releases. It is simply not acceptable when anyone but the director of a movie calls it a remake even before a single shot has been taken.

But when Gautham Menon was asked to comment on these allegations, “I am still working on the script. Nothing is finalized. I am not sure from where people get all these kind of news. Vaaranum Aayirum will be my interpretation of Forrest Gump”, said the director emphatically!

Forrest Gump starring Tom Hanks, had won the Academy Awards for Best Picture and Best Actor for the year 1994 and is considered one of the best inspirational movies of Hollywood.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-05/24-03-07-varanam-aayiraml.html[/tscii:8ed8c54958]

smith
28th March 2007, 11:36 AM
Inspired is the synonym for Copy according to indian film makers. :-)

kamalsurya
28th March 2007, 12:12 PM
But Surya has to deliver a hit this time around and cannot mess about.Aaru was a avg grosser and JOK was a flop/avg.So hopefully Vel and VA can push him back to the status he was at after the success of Ghajini 8-)

maithree
28th March 2007, 10:47 PM
But Surya has to deliver a hit this time around and cannot mess about.Aaru was a avg grosser and JOK was a flop/avg.So hopefully Vel and VA can push him back to the status he was at after the success of Ghajini 8-)

Aaru wasn't an average grosser, it was a hit. And SOK was a flop not avg. 8-)

VA and Vel are sure hits! :thumbsup:

kb
28th March 2007, 10:52 PM
Inspired is the synonym for Copy according to indian film makers. :-)

8-) 8-)

Ramakrishna
7th April 2007, 08:24 PM
[tscii:e7ee00ec09]
Varanam Aayiram finally taking off...in Afghanistan!
April 7, 2007

Everything is in place now for Varanum Aayiram to begin. The film had been going through a sort of a lag phase where things were moving at a sluggish pace. The launch of the movie had been a grand affair, but one heard little else after that. Just when talks of Surya preparing to shoot for Vel were coming through, we get the news that Varanum Aayiram is ready to roll.Goutham has decided to move out of his comfort zones of Chennai and Hyderabad for this movie. The first schedule of the shooting will be held in Afghanistan from the 11th of April.Yes! You heard it right…the land of the Taliban. We had a Hindi movie, Kabul Express shot there recently. VA would be the next movie to get the credit of venturing into the rugged terrains. This will be followed by a schedule in Malaysia. USA and Russia are also on the locations list. The cast and crew have made preparations for what is going to be a tough 10 days in the cold of Afghanistan.

Let's wish Gautham and crew all the best for Varanum Aayiram and also hope that they finalize the heroine soon.[/tscii:e7ee00ec09]

maithree
8th April 2007, 12:04 AM
WOW! Afghanistan! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Aarambamey Super-a Iruku! 8-)

Ramakrishna
8th April 2007, 12:05 AM
yes...Afghanistan...very exciting buchu

maithree
8th April 2007, 12:07 AM
yes...Afghanistan...very exciting buchu

:yes: Hmm...I wonder Afghanistan is Necessery for the Tamil Adaptation of Forest Gump though..:?

oru velai antha Vietnam War-e Afghan war-a convert pannaporangalo.. :roll:

Ramakrishna
8th April 2007, 12:08 AM
enna pannaalum super-aa pannuvaanga :thumbsup:

maithree
8th April 2007, 12:11 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gautham-Surya-Harris-Antony...Ketkanuma? :clap: 8-)

kamalsurya
8th April 2007, 10:06 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gautham-Surya-Harris-Antony...Ketkanuma? :clap: 8-)

Hopefully Harris does not rehash his earlier music into VA he did that PKMC and it sucked big time.

nemesis786
16th April 2007, 07:20 PM
Vaaranam Aayiram Promo From Today's paper:

http://i16.tinypic.com/2v1w3lw.jpg

:omg:

maithree
16th April 2007, 11:30 PM

OMG!! Killer Poster! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :redjump: :redjump: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
16th April 2007, 11:31 PM
make-up super-aa irukku :D

maithree
16th April 2007, 11:34 PM
:yes: :thumbsup:

Mysterious...stirs Curiosity. @ This point, it's a very good Promo. :D

Freedom
17th April 2007, 02:44 AM
[tscii:e0034aa84a]
After Pachchaikili Muthucharam, Gautham Menon has become very vulnerable to allegations that his movies are remakes of English originals. Pachchaikili Muthucharam was based on the novel Derailed, a fact admitted by Gautham himself. However, most people took it for granted that the movie was a frame to frame remake of an English movie of the same name starring Jennifer Aniston. Though both movies were based on the same novel, there were differences that went largely unnoticed due to a predetermined notion amongst the viewing public. Needless to say, this half baked propaganda became one of the factors that affected the performance of the movie at the box office. Pachchaikili Muthucharam has been unable to live up to the expectations that were generated by the Gautham-Oscar Movies combine.

Now the same combination is getting ready to bring out another movie. It will be the Surya starrer Vaaranum Aayiram. Already there have been talks about this movie too being a remake, or at least inspired by another. Buzz started going around that the movie is based on a Russian film titled ‘Character’, a story of ego clashes between father and son. Gautham too had earlier stated that his movie would be based on a father-son relation. Add to this, the synopsis of the story that had been read out at the official launch of Vaaranum Aayiram is said to resemble that of Character.

No one knows how far this is true. One thing is for sure; there would not have been too many people present at the launch who are in the habit of watching Russian movies. Even if there was someone then they better be wise enough to reserve their judgment till Vaaranum Aayiram releases. It is simply not acceptable when anyone but the director of a movie calls it a remake even before a single shot has been taken.

But when Gautham Menon was asked to comment on these allegations, “I am still working on the script. Nothing is finalized. I am not sure from where people get all these kind of news. Vaaranum Aayirum will be my interpretation of Forrest Gump”, said the director emphatically!

Forrest Gump starring Tom Hanks, had won the Academy Awards for Best Picture and Best Actor for the year 1994 and is considered one of the best inspirational movies of Hollywood.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-05/24-03-07-varanam-aayiraml.html[/tscii:e0034aa84a]

Damn..... that would be a disaster :shock: :shock:

There is no way it could be made so well with all the masala/songs that tamil audience want..... and above all Forrest Gump is one movie which everybody would have watched. I'm sure Surya would fit the role, but tamil version of Forrest Gump is definitely a no go.

All surya needs now is a hit (been more than a 1&1/2 years since Gajini released), think he will have to wait longer!!

maithree
17th April 2007, 04:33 AM
There is no way it could be made so well with all the masala/songs that tamil audience want.....

Check out Paruthiveeran and Mozhi. 8-)

but tamil version of Forrest Gump is definitely a no go.

Ippadiya ellarum nenachaange na, we'll only be forced to see Sivakasi and Pokiri over and over agian! :roll: :(

And it isn't going to be a scene by scene copy anyway. 8-) I think GM got the point from PKMC.

Freedom
17th April 2007, 06:11 AM
There is no way it could be made so well with all the masala/songs that tamil audience want.....

What has Mozhi or PV got to do with remake version of Forest Gump? I fail to understand your comparison...

[

Ippadiya ellarum nenachaange na, we'll only be forced to see Sivakasi and Pokiri over and over agian! :roll: :(

And it isn't going to be a scene by scene copy anyway. 8-) I think GM got the point from PKMC.

Agree with you that Sivakasi and xerox copy pokiri wasn't really a treat for tamil fans, but PKMC was a washout.....atleast to me it was a waste of $22. My guess is that if its a remake of Forrest Gump, its going to be one more washout....enna tamizh makkal rasanai appadi. Oru paatu illama namma makkal padatha paaka maataanga. But all these songs and interviwen love story will only bring the pace down and eventually end up Damp squib at BO. Wait and watch!!

nemesis786
17th April 2007, 12:46 PM
VAARANAM AAYIRAM means THOUSAND ELEPHANTS :D

Flavia
17th April 2007, 03:28 PM

It's looking quite promising! :smile:

nemesis786
17th April 2007, 07:03 PM
Genelia is Surya’s heroine!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 17 April , 2007, 16:15

Hot shot director Gautham Vasudeva Menon (that’s what appeared in the launch advertisement), has started the shoot of his new film with Surya Varanam Aayiram in a Chennai location.

It is an action packed adventure movie that begins in Chennai, travels to Afghanistan and from there to Washington before coming back to New Delhi. Gautham and Surya is coming back nearly five years after that cult classic cop film Kakkha Kakkha.

Varanam Aayiram is being produced by Oscar Ravichandran, and there are two heroines in the film. Kuthu Ramya was signed up for the film a few months back. The latest we hear is that Genelia has been signed up as the other girl in the film.

Genelia is red hot in Telugu after delivering last years big hit Bommaralu with Siddharth.And her Dhee released last Friday has also been declared a big hit. In Tamil, Genelia had done Boys with Siddharth, Sachin with Vijay and Chennai Kathal with Bharat.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14432284

maithree
17th April 2007, 11:37 PM

What has Mozhi or PV got to do with remake version of Forest Gump? I fail to understand your comparison...

Neither of them had masala elements for the most part. Both are Blockbusters. 8-)

Agree with you that Sivakasi and xerox copy pokiri wasn't really a treat for tamil fans, but PKMC was a washout.....atleast to me it was a waste of $22. My guess is that if its a remake of Forrest Gump, its going to be one more washout....enna tamizh makkal rasanai appadi. Oru paatu illama namma makkal padatha paaka maataanga. But all these songs and interviwen love story will only bring the pace down and eventually end up Damp squib at BO. Wait and watch!!

Keep in mind that it is a Tamil Adaptation.

Ippadithaan ppl also once said abt Gajini which was a tamil adaptation of MOMENTO.

Songs and Love in MOMENTO? Would've slowed it down, and it would have been a damp squib. But Songs and Love in Gajini just helped the movie, and it went on to becomeing a blockbuster. :thumbsup: Gautham Menon is a good movie maker. His PKMC wasn't a washout! :notthatway:

Yes! We'll wait and see. 8-)

maithree
17th April 2007, 11:39 PM

It's looking quite promising! :smile:

:yes: :thumbsup:

maithree
17th April 2007, 11:43 PM
[tscii:6e9d4e6a3d]

Genelia is Surya’s heroine!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 17 April , 2007, 16:15

Hot shot director Gautham Vasudeva Menon (that’s what appeared in the launch advertisement), has started the shoot of his new film with Surya Varanam Aayiram in a Chennai location.

It is an action packed adventure movie that begins in Chennai, travels to Afghanistan and from there to Washington before coming back to New Delhi. Gautham and Surya is coming back nearly five years after that cult classic cop film Kakkha Kakkha.

Varanam Aayiram is being produced by Oscar Ravichandran, and there are two heroines in the film. Kuthu Ramya was signed up for the film a few months back. The latest we hear is that Genelia has been signed up as the other girl in the film.

That's what I thought. This isn't scene by scene copy of FG. :) THe original FG didn't have 2 Heroins. :)

Genelia is red hot in Telugu after delivering last years big hit Bommaralu with Siddharth.And her Dhee released last Friday has also been declared a big hit. In Tamil, Genelia had done Boys with Siddharth, Sachin with Vijay and Chennai Kathal with Bharat.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14432284[/quote]

I Luve Genelia so much! :P Glad to see her in VA! :thumbsup:[/tscii:6e9d4e6a3d]

Freedom
18th April 2007, 12:20 AM
Ippadithaan ppl also once said abt Gajini which was a tamil adaptation of MOMENTO.

Songs and Love in MOMENTO? Would've slowed it down, and it would have been a damp squib. But Songs and Love in Gajini just helped the movie, and it went on to becomeing a blockbuster. :thumbsup: Gautham Menon is a good movie maker. His PKMC wasn't a washout! :notthatway:

Yes! We'll wait and see. 8-)

I beg to disagree here. Gajini wasn't a tamil adaptation of MEMENTO (not MOMENTO). The character of the hero was similar(with short term memory loss) and thats about it. Other than that story line was entirely different. You have to watch Memento twice atleast to understand whatz going on in the movie coz, the film starts with a climax and goes backward.

FYI PKMC was a WASHOUT(espicially for its hype and hoopla and rave reviews it got and it was a poor remake of derailed.BTW I have watched both in theatres.....even the english version wasn't that interesting but atleast bearable)

nemesis786
18th April 2007, 12:24 AM
PKMC is a flop!

See this theatre list of chennai :

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/movielist.asp?id=1

PKMC is flop in city itself which is gautham's fort! :oops: