View Full Version : News and General Discussions on Perazhagan S U R Y A

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Freedom
18th April 2007, 12:29 AM
PKMC is a flop!

See this theatre list of chennai :

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/movielist.asp?id=1

PKMC is flop in city itself which is gautham's fort! :oops:

Thanks for the info nemesis. Lets see how remake of Forrest Gump turns out to. The reason why I feel bad on this remake is that its one of my most favourite movies.

The best dialogue in the movie , Sally Field to Tom Hanks 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get'

maithree
18th April 2007, 12:30 AM
I beg to disagree here. Gajini wasn't a tamil adaptation of MEMENTO (not MOMENTO). The character of the hero was similar(with short term memory loss) and thats about it. Other than that story line was entirely different. You have to watch Memento twice atleast to understand whatz going on in the movie coz, the film starts with a climax and goes backward.

That's my point. No remake or copy has even been 50% similar to the hollywood original.Gajini wasn't even though Murugadass said he same thing before it released. 8-) I think the Movie's Director, Producer, and everyone else involved would see that a movie like Forest Gump won't do well in TN if it was exactly the same. So it will be different it my opinion. @ this point, it's all just speculation. :)

Reg PKMC: I believed Sify which said it was Average. I guess another reason to not trust Sify's BO analysis.

nemesis786
18th April 2007, 12:30 AM
Freedom i think VA will be a blockbuster :D

Freedom
18th April 2007, 12:37 AM
Freedom i think VA will be a blockbuster :D

I wish it would/should be. Me being a big fan of GM. Atleast surya needs a hit after his 2 consecutive flops in the last year and a half!

maithree
18th April 2007, 12:38 AM
Atleast surya needs a hit after his 2 consecutive flops in the last year and a half!

:roll: :huh: SOK...just one. Aaru celebrated 200 days in Devi. :lol2: 200 Days konjam over naalum, it's in no way a flop. It's and Average hit at the least. 8-)

nemesis786
18th April 2007, 12:39 AM
No freedom Aaru was a hit due to ghajini :lol:

SOK no idea :roll:

Freedom
18th April 2007, 12:39 AM
Reg PKMC: I believed Sify which said it was Average. I guess another reason to not trust Sify's BO analysis.

ha ha.... :lol: . Sh!t.com is the funniest site ever. I'm really happy at the drubbing they got from AVM

maithree
18th April 2007, 12:41 AM

:lol:

After I became a Surya fan (after Nandha) Aaru was the only Surya movie in which I thought he wasted his time. But I was glad it wasn't a waste since it was a hit. :P

Freedom
18th April 2007, 12:42 AM

SOK no idea :roll:

Gimme a break.... Aaru was expected to be a hit, but unfortunately not. Surya was trying some mass role which evetually didn't fit him.

Out of most recent movies all Hari movies have flopped (some say thamirabarani was average grosser). Only solo hit is pokiri in Pongal releases. Mozhi and PV are different story altogether.

maithree
18th April 2007, 12:44 AM
Thamirabharani and Aaru were hits in most centers. Not BBs like Pokiri Mozhi and PV Ofcourse. But they were still hits.

Freedom
18th April 2007, 12:45 AM
Thamirabharani and Aaru were hits in most centers.

No more comments on this issue 8-)

maithree
18th April 2007, 12:45 AM
Agreed. :thumbsup:

nemesis786
18th April 2007, 01:27 AM
Goutham Vasudevan Menon finally gets a heroine for Surya!

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

April 17, 2007

Goutham Menon has gone in for a change….nope it's not his forthcoming movie Varanam Aayiram, but himself. He has gone in for a rework of his name, to be addressed as Gautham Vasudevan Menon in the future. The reason for the Namesake change is not known. But however, his new name seems to have brought him good fortunes.

He seems to have finally zeroed in on his heroine for VA. Boys fame Genelia seems to be the lady luck. The actress is said to have gone bonkers over the script that was narrated to her. She is also too excited about starring opposite one of her favorite heroes, Surya.

The movie which seems to be a 'Go Around the World in 80 Days' project is slated to be shot in Afghanistan, Russia, USA, Malaysia, Chennai and some parts of North India. One of the most awaited movies this year, VA will see the stylist director-actor combination of Goutham and Surya hitting the silver screens after Kakka Kakka. The movie is produced by Oscar Films.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/apr-07-03/17-04-07-goutham-menon.html

kamalsurya
19th April 2007, 10:39 AM
[tscii:ec17d5376a]

Goutham Vasudevan Menon finally gets a heroine for Surya!

April 17, 2007

Goutham Menon has gone in for a change….nope it's not his forthcoming movie Varanam Aayiram, but himself. He has gone in for a rework of his name, to be addressed as Gautham Vasudevan Menon in the future. The reason for the Namesake change is not known. But however, his new name seems to have brought him good fortunes.

He seems to have finally zeroed in on his heroine for VA. Boys fame Genelia seems to be the lady luck. The actress is said to have gone bonkers over the script that was narrated to her. She is also too excited about starring opposite one of her favorite heroes, Surya.

The movie which seems to be a 'Go Around the World in 80 Days' project is slated to be shot in Afghanistan, Russia, USA, Malaysia, Chennai and some parts of North India. One of the most awaited movies this year, VA will see the stylist director-actor combination of Goutham and Surya hitting the silver screens after Kakka Kakka. The movie is produced by Oscar Films.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/apr-07-03/17-04-07-goutham-menon.html

But none of her tamil movies have been a hit right :? That's what I worried about.Hopefully VA changes her track record :wink: [/tscii:ec17d5376a]

maithree
19th April 2007, 09:48 PM
A Heroin can't really influence a movie enough for it to be a hit or not in TN since they aren't given that much Scope.

Genelia's Track Record won't harm the BO performance of the movie. :)

kamalsurya
20th April 2007, 05:36 PM
A Heroin can't really influence a movie enough for it to be a hit or not in TN since they aren't given that much Scope.

Genelia's Track Record won't harm the BO performance of the movie. :)

I think they was a issue, remember Manisha when she acted with Rajini for Baba it flopped.So when Kamal wanted Manisha again for Mumbai express many warned him from taking her but he resisted all of them and took her for MX and it flopped again.

Yes, again i don't think it was her fault that both the movies flopped but within the cinefield there is this sentiment thingy :lol: So i just pointed that out.But i guess t shouldn't be a problem as Genelia has given many hits in telegu

maithree
22nd April 2007, 04:23 AM
:yes:

Also, SHE IS SO CUTE! :P I can go to a movie just to see her. :P

ThalaNass
26th April 2007, 03:07 PM
When probably VA will release?

nemesis786
30th April 2007, 07:18 PM
Afghanistan resurrected in Chennai for Vaaranam Aayiram

April 30, 2007

Vaaranam Aayiram, Gautham Menon’s next film after Pachaikili Muthucharam with Surya has finally begun. The team was scheduled to leave for Afghanistan to can some shots there. But unfortunately they were not able to leave for the place as scheduled due to visa problems.

Meanwhile not wanting to waste any time further, they have opted to recreate Afghanistan in our very own Chennai. A simple set has been erected at the Guindy Campa Cola grounds to bring alive the land of Pathans here and it was also learnt that the shooting has already commenced at this venue. In the mean time they are also working towards obtaining visa for the crew and when it comes through, the rest of the shooting will continue in Afghanistan.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/apr-07-04/30-04-07-surya.html

kamalsurya
3rd May 2007, 07:18 PM
Close on heels with the success of Thamirabarani, Director Hari is all geared up to take on his next project Vel where Surya will play the lead role. He appeared to be an excited man after the prayer offerings at Thiruchendur Murugar temple, his customary practice before every journey into filmi endeavor.

While talking about star cast of Vel, Hari states that Asin will play the love interest of Surya and in addition, the lead pair will be supported by Nasser, Vadivelu and twenty five other artists. Vel will be produced by Raja Kaliamman media works and Yuvan Shankar Raja is set to score music. Priyan will be responsible for cinematography.

The story will have all entertainment factors like comedy, action, romance and family sentiment. The shooting is scheduled to commence on the 23rd May and will hit the theatres for 2007 Diwali. Like his all earlier films, Vel also will be filmed in the southern districts of Tamil Nadu in Tirunelveli, Amba Samudram, Pollachi, Dindugal and Karaikudi. Hari also added that though his films appear flamboyant, he always works towards keeping the budget under check.

:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :yes:

Looks like good time is back for Surya both his movies are getting underway.Hopefull we have a double delight this year.Waiting for VA more then this film.I just don't like the idea of him acting under Hari's direction too many times

maithree
11th May 2007, 11:28 PM
[tscii:cc7a669998]M[/tscii:cc7a669998]onday, May 7 was a momentous day in Asin’s life, as she started the shoot of her first film in Hindi with Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan. It is a Hindi remake of her hit Tamil film Ghajini. Incidentally the Hindi remake is also titled as Ghajini and Asin's character name in the film will be Kalpana Chawla.

Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi, brother-in-law of producer Allu Aravind and Surya who did the original Ghajini were the chief guests at the pooja held at Madh islands near Mumbai on May 7.

It is indeed a great achievement for Asin to bag this plum role for which actors like Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor and Ayesha Takia were the front runners. But in spite of all this, the actress is caught in a pincer as she is unable to be Surya's heroine in Vel to be directed by Hari and produced by Mohan Natarajan.

Asin had been paid an advance by Natarajan in January 2007 to be the heroine in the film. But the makers were not able to narrate the full script to Asin who always signs on the dotted line after being convinced about her role. Added to that, Vel got postponed as Surya went on to start Vaaranam Aayiram with Gautham Menon.

The buzz is that Mohan Natarajan flew to Mumbai and met Asin and tried to convince her to do Vel, as he wanted to start the movie from May 23. She is trying her best to adjust dates though it will be an uphill task, as Asin has no dates till September. She is occupied with her Hindi Ghajini and has to complete Kamal Hassan project Dasavatharam.

Boney Kapoor, the producer of Hindi Pokkiri also wants to start his Salman Khan film with her as the heroine sometime in September! But Bollywood pundits are of the opinion, that if she does Vel or any other Tamil films afresh, then she can say goodbye to Hindi offers, even before the release of her first film in that language. They are advising her to return the advance and concentrate on her career in Bollywood. Her priorities must be clear. After all the Vel unit has not even started the shoot of the film!

Asin is caught in a dilemma. On one hand, she would like to fulfill her commitment to producer Mohan Natarajan and at the same time this move may mar her fortunes in Bollywood. Well the ball is in Asin's court, she has to take a call on it!

8-) 8-)

maithree
12th May 2007, 05:10 PM
Shooting at Parthasarathy Temple
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, May 12, 2007]

Gowtham Vasudeva Menon's Varanam Aayiram is fast shaping up. The movie featuring Suriya went to floors a few days.

The movie was initially shot in Campa Cola Grounds. Now the cast and crew are bound to a vacant area behind Sri Parthasarathy Temple, Triplicane to shoot a song sequence for the movie.

The movie features Kuthu Ramya and Daniel Balaji in prominent roles. Music is by Harris Jayaraj and cinematography by R D Rajasekhar.

The cast and crew are planning to go to Afghanistan to shoot a major portion of the movie soon.

8-) :D

kamalsurya
12th May 2007, 11:08 PM
Surya Claps Aamir Khan

News about Gajini remake in Hindi has reached dizzy heights. The Hindi version, also titled as same as in Tamil, is being produced by Geetha Arts on behalf of Allu Aravind. In addition to having written the story and screenplay, AR Murugadoss will direct the movie. The shooting started on 7th May, at Mumbai, with Surya calling the first shot with the movie clap board and Telugu mega star Chiranjeevi capturing the scene in the camera.

Aamir-Khan
Aamir Khan and Asin will be dancing to the tunes of AR Rahman. Ravi K Chandran and Sameer Chandha are the cameraman and art director respectively.

Sources say that, unlike the Tamil Gajini, there will be a lot of changes in the second part to suit the tastes of Bollywood fans. At present, the filming of the flashback scenes are in progress.

Gajini is being made on par with Hollywood movies where technical aspects are concerned. It seems that the movie's sound recording is done live. As any external noise would mar the process, outsiders are not allowed within the areas surrounding the shooting location and it is cordoned off with hundreds of personnel wielding walkie-talkies.

Moreover, on Aamir's strict instructions, everyone associated with movie are tight-lipped. The press is not allowed anywhere near the shooting venue and interviews are forbidden.

After the first schedule of filming is completed, AR Murugadoss and Ravi K Chandran will fly over to Malaysia and Singapore to finalize the location for Aamir Khan's conglomerate in the movie. In addition to this, a few songs with Aamir and Asin will be picturized in Egypt.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/may-07-02/12-05-07-surya.html

8-)

kb
12th May 2007, 11:35 PM
http://www.isaithenral.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=56725

surya became very lean :oops: :oops:

kamalsurya
12th May 2007, 11:48 PM

:shock: X 1000 times...

A true professional and has really really gone down just because the director wanted him to :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

maithree
13th May 2007, 12:41 AM

Holy Crap! :shock:

Kaaka Kaaka-liyum, Gajini-liyum, Aaru-liyum namma paartha Surya-va Ithu. :shock:

Like Kamalsurya said, Professionalism. 8-) I wonder what in the role for VA requires him to be this lean. :roll:

maithree
13th May 2007, 12:44 AM
Surya Claps Aamir Khan

News about Gajini remake in Hindi has reached dizzy heights. The Hindi version, also titled as same as in Tamil, is being produced by Geetha Arts on behalf of Allu Aravind. In addition to having written the story and screenplay, AR Murugadoss will direct the movie. The shooting started on 7th May, at Mumbai, with Surya calling the first shot with the movie clap board and Telugu mega star Chiranjeevi capturing the scene in the camera.

Aamir-Khan
Aamir Khan and Asin will be dancing to the tunes of AR Rahman. Ravi K Chandran and Sameer Chandha are the cameraman and art director respectively.

Sources say that, unlike the Tamil Gajini, there will be a lot of changes in the second part to suit the tastes of Bollywood fans. At present, the filming of the flashback scenes are in progress.

Gajini is being made on par with Hollywood movies where technical aspects are concerned. It seems that the movie's sound recording is done live. As any external noise would mar the process, outsiders are not allowed within the areas surrounding the shooting location and it is cordoned off with hundreds of personnel wielding walkie-talkies.

Moreover, on Aamir's strict instructions, everyone associated with movie are tight-lipped. The press is not allowed anywhere near the shooting venue and interviews are forbidden.

After the first schedule of filming is completed, AR Murugadoss and Ravi K Chandran will fly over to Malaysia and Singapore to finalize the location for Aamir Khan's conglomerate in the movie. In addition to this, a few songs with Aamir and Asin will be picturized in Egypt.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/may-07-02/12-05-07-surya.html

8-)

:D

Even According to Kollywood Standards it was Considered to be a Slick and Tecqnically well done movie. 8-) Bollywood Standards-ku ketkanuma? 8-) It's Gonna Be So Much Better since their Spending Limit is a lot more! Can't Wait! :thumbsup:

kamalsurya
15th May 2007, 04:20 PM
Suriya is a Navy Officer now

After Sillunu Oru Kadhal, Suriya is back in full flow shooting day and night for Varanam Aayiram.

He has joined hands with his lucky mascot Gowtham Vasudev Menon. The duo had teamed up to render a blockbuster in Khaakha Khaakha before.

Varanam Aayiram, quite typical to Gowtham, would be an action-packed thriller.

Buzz is that Suriya has donned the role of a Navy Officer in the movie. In this regard, the actor has been receiving training with some senior Navy Officers in Chennai.

Plans are on to shoot a few portions of the movie in Afghanistan. Sources close to the director say Suriya would be appearing in four different makeups in the movie.

The movie features Genelia, Kuthu Ramya and Daniel Balaji in lead roles. Music is by Haris Jayaraj and cinematography by Rathinavelu.

Who is Rathinavelu?What are movies he has done?I thought for Gautham R D Rajasekar has always been the man? :?

shobana_in
15th May 2007, 04:23 PM

After Sillunu Oru Kadhal, Suriya is back in full flow shooting day and night for Varanam Aayiram.

He has joined hands with his lucky mascot Gowtham Vasudev Menon. The duo had teamed up to render a blockbuster in Khaakha Khaakha before.

Buzz is that Suriya has donned the role of a Navy Officer in the movie. In this regard, the actor has been receiving training with some senior Navy Officers in Chennai.

Plans are on to shoot a few portions of the movie in Afghanistan. Sources close to the director say Suriya would be appearing in four different makeups in the movie.

The movie features Genelia, Kuthu Ramya and Daniel Balaji in lead roles. Music is by Haris Jayaraj and cinematography by Rathinavelu.

Who is Rathinavelu?What are movies he has done?I thought for Gautham R D Rajasekar has always been the man? :?

rathinavelu...my favourite cameraman!

sethu nandha

kamalsurya
15th May 2007, 04:25 PM

rathinavelu...my favourite cameraman!

sethu nandha

Oh I see so Bala's man is now Gautham's :lol:

Madavan
21st May 2007, 10:31 PM

police to navy. what's next? pilot. should be a good film.

Rocky_
21st May 2007, 10:40 PM
Awesome! 8-)

kamalsurya
28th May 2007, 04:03 PM
[tscii:7122cf446b]
Producer Oscar Films Ravichandran in Kollywood circles is known as Guardian Angel who has rescued many a sinking projects and has breathed fresh lease of life into them. He has lodged a complaint in the Producer’s Council against actor Surya. When the issue was probed it was learnt that the tussle is related to Surya’s upcoming film Vaaranam Aayiram directed by Gautham Menon and produced by Ravichandran.

Surya

The shooting for this film commenced on the 2nd of April and continued for thirty days and subsequently stalled. As per the producer, the next schedule of the film was scheduled to be held in Afghanistan and America. But, Surya after having completed shooting for a month for Vaaranam Aayiram has reportedly rendered his call sheet of seventy five days en masse to his next film ‘Vel’ directed by Hari. This has naturally angered Ravichandran who has taken the matter to the council.

According to him, he has no qualms about Surya acting in Vel or in any other projects but would be glad if he completes his film and then move on to his other assignments. He also adds that there are rules and regulations in the producers as well as the actor’s council which states that an artiste should complete one project and then only move on to the next. Currently talks are going on to bring an amicable solution to both the parties.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/may-07-04/25-05-07-surya.html

:shock: :? [/tscii:7122cf446b]

kamalsurya
28th May 2007, 04:05 PM
Suriya gives his side of the story

Following a complaint filed by producer Oscar Ravichandran that Suriya has given step-motherly treatment to Varanam Aayiram and has commenced shooting for his next Vel leaving Varanam Aayiram midway.

Negotiations are on at the Producers Council to sort out the issue between Suriya and Ravichandran. However Suriya has denied the charges and said Varanam Aayiram is his dream project.

"I am greatly engrossed with the project. After discussions with the director (Gowtham Menon), I chose to do Vel. Varanam Aayiram has an interesting storyline and it needs time to complete the movie. It would be a movie to cherish in my career. It would take time to arrive at a good product. After Khaakha Khaakha, I am joining hands with Gowtham again. Hence expectations among the audience has increased manifold. We have to live up to it", he says and adds, "I will not leave the project at any cost".

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/31394.html

So the Oscar really made a complaint against him??Omg Surya needs to watch his step more carefully in the future and make every move sensibly :cry:

MuratuKaalai
28th May 2007, 08:18 PM
Surya is a non-actor kaaka kaaka ran bcoz of jeevan, music and gautham.

Ghajini bcoz of music, good screenplay and asin.

Nanda odave ilai overacting just staring throughout!

Surya is an over-rated actor

c4ramesh
28th May 2007, 08:20 PM

:roll:

RPB
28th May 2007, 08:33 PM

UR THE FIRST PERSON SAID SURYA IS OVER ACTED :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MuratuKaalai
28th May 2007, 08:35 PM

Is english your 7th language?

I said over-rated actor not over-acted!

RPB
28th May 2007, 08:38 PM

Is english your 7th language?

I said over-rated actor not over-acted!
:roll:

GAJINI RUN ONLY SURYA PERFOMANCE,THEN ONLY HJ MUSIC,GM DIRECTION.
KHAKA KHAKA 100 % SURYA PERFOMANCE :twisted:

RPB
28th May 2007, 08:43 PM

NANDA IS TURNING POINT FOR SURYA,DONT TELL ONCE AGAIN SURYA IS OVER OVER ACTING

c4ramesh
28th May 2007, 08:44 PM

The mannerism of shaking his head seemed quite artificial to me....

Otherwise he was good in the movie...

RPB
28th May 2007, 08:48 PM

The mannerism of shaking his head seemed quite artificial to me....

Otherwise he was good in the movie...

CORRECTA SONEEGA 8-)

BUT HE SAID GAJINI AND KHAKA KHAKA SUCCESS ONLY BECAUSE OF GM,HJ MUSIC :?

Ramakrishna
28th May 2007, 08:57 PM
Vittrungappaa, there are better posts which deserve replies 8-)

villan007
28th May 2007, 10:08 PM

:P

Rocky_
29th May 2007, 02:45 AM

8-)

kb
1st June 2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-1/vel/vel-01.html

vel muruga vel vel

ajithfederer
1st June 2007, 08:21 PM
Arogaraaa :P

vel muruga vel vel

kamalsurya
1st June 2007, 09:46 PM

vel muruga vel vel

Utterly Dissapointed :cry: :oops: He looks like some drama artiste we see everyday in sun tv :cry:

kb
1st June 2007, 09:54 PM
enakennamo devar magan kamal maathiri therinjaaru :)

ajithfederer
1st June 2007, 09:59 PM
May i know what u expected there :roll: He looks near to perfect there 8-)

vel muruga vel vel

Utterly Dissapointed :cry: :oops: He looks like some drama artiste we see everyday in sun tv :cry:

MuratuKaalai
1st June 2007, 10:17 PM
RPB poi mudhala english padi chellam! Over-rated sona over actingnu solura :sigh2:

kamalsurya
2nd June 2007, 08:05 AM

vel muruga vel vel

Maybe i just don't like the idea of him acting under the direction of Hari.I Just feel it won't be worth his time he should have stuck w Vishnu...Maybe he is doing this movie purely for the C & B centers

ThalaNass
2nd June 2007, 01:15 PM

vel muruga vel vel

innaapa ithu surya-va kaarthi-ya..?? :o
i dont have confidence in this movie since its Hari's direction.. :evil:
anyway surya gonna rock with VA.. :D

ThalaNass
2nd June 2007, 01:18 PM
vara vara Asin, ASINgama poikittu irukku.. :oops: ithula spects vera.. :lol:

Tia
2nd June 2007, 06:35 PM
Oh wow surya looks really different...not cute but...mmmmmmmmm kinda....:temple boy: maarthiri iruku ...well not really...dunno how to explain but he looks gd....asin lukin a lil oddd though :P

CEDYBLUE
2nd June 2007, 06:46 PM

vel muruga vel vel

LOOKS LIKE A TYPICAL hari movie! :D Surya in a village role :o not sure how effective it would be though PITHAMAGAN was one glorious exception

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 04:14 AM

vel muruga vel vel

Kalakkal Photo!! :redjump: :redjump: :redjump: thanks for posting it KB! :D Surya looks Awesome! :thumbsup:

Intha pic-a paatha oru typical Thamiz Feel Varuthu. :D Surya hasn't acted in this type of a film before. 8-)

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 04:14 AM

vel muruga vel vel

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 04:20 AM

vel muruga vel vel

LOOKS LIKE A TYPICAL hari movie! :D Surya in a village role :o not sure how effective it would be though PITHAMAGAN was one glorious exception

Yeah, even though Surya might not have many fans from the Rural areas, I think he suits the role very well from what is out. Get-up supera iruku. :)

Hope the movie turns out well.

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 04:22 AM
I like this pic a lot more! :

http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-1/vel/images/surya-vel-02.jpg

Kunguma Pottu, Manja Sattai, Meesai, Vel, Thanga Chain...8-)

kamalsurya
4th June 2007, 07:14 AM
I like this pic a lot more! :

http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-1/vel/images/surya-vel-02.jpg

Kunguma Pottu, Manja Sattai, Meesai, Vel, Thanga Chain...8-)

Watch-a miss pannitunga?

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 08:43 AM
It doesn't signify his Village-ness..:P But the others do :P

MuratuKaalai
4th June 2007, 08:34 PM
Vel should flop Hari should learn a lesson to make different films not always village backdrop with aruva kambu one "TAMIL" heroine, one mokkai vadivel comedy!

crajkumar_be
4th June 2007, 08:38 PM
Vel should flop Hari should learn a lesson to make different films not always village backdrop with aruva kambu one "TAMIL" heroine
Ditto

Surya! :shocked:

What about Varanam Ayiram?
edhu first varum?

Hey Ram
4th June 2007, 08:45 PM
Vel should flop Hari should learn a lesson to make different films not always village backdrop with aruva kambu one "TAMIL" heroine, one mokkai vadivel comedy!
may that be Hari's next film.. Not this Surya's please :)

kamalsurya
4th June 2007, 09:51 PM
Good to see many Kamalians showing support for Surya thambi :clap:

CEDYBLUE
4th June 2007, 11:45 PM

vel muruga vel vel

Yeah, even though Surya might not have many fans from the Rural areas, I think he suits the role very well from what is out. Get-up supera iruku. :)

Hope the movie turns out well.
exactly! the typical GAMBIRAM assosiated with village role is right there in that still...LOOKS COOL!

Rocky_
5th June 2007, 12:46 AM

I agree with Hey Ram. may the next hari movie flop, but not this one since it has Surya. :lol2:

But his movies are still entertaining. 8-) I don't see why he should change his style.

Rocky_
5th June 2007, 12:48 AM
exactly! the typical GAMBIRAM assosiated with village role is right there in that still...LOOKS COOL!

8-)

Ramakrishna
5th June 2007, 12:49 AM
I agree with Hey Ram. may the next hari movie flop, but not this one since it has Surya. :lol2:

But his movies are still entertaining. 8-) I don't see why he should change his style.

:clap: :thumbsup:

morattukaala :lol2: :poke:

Rocky_
5th June 2007, 12:51 AM
What about Varanam Ayiram?
edhu first varum?

VA is a bigger Project, it might take longer.

It's like the Citizen Dheena Scenerio.

Citizen took a long time since it's a Mega Project. And Ajith did a quick one with Dheena, similarly, VA'll take a long time, and this is probably typical hari stuff, so shouldn't take very long to shoot. :P

Rocky_
5th June 2007, 07:25 PM
At last producer Mohan Natarajan's Hari directed Vel has started rolling at Karaikudi. Asin is the heroine of this action movie, Vadivel provides comedy, music is by Yuvanshankar Raja and camera is by Priyan.

A photo shoot was conducted last week in Chennai. From the posters it is obvious that it is a typical Hari's Tamilnadu wild west film, with action, family sentiments, comedy tracks, violence and a heroine who always wears pavadai- dhavani-!

The posters make it clear that Surya is playing a double role. One of them has a gun in his hand, while the other has the director's favourite weapon, the aruvaal!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Heroin who wears Dhavani. :lol2: :lol2:

Surya in a double role? :shock: Can't wait to see those posters.

selvakumar
5th June 2007, 07:31 PM
Surya is again Acting under Hari's direction ! :banghead:
The stills once again reminds you all Hari films :banghead:
Someone please stop Surya from doing this film. :x

Yuvan scoring again for Hari :banghead:
Let me hope he doesn't repeats thaamirabharani.

Rocky_
5th June 2007, 07:33 PM
Harikku Evalo Ethirpa? :shock: :lol:

I thought he was liked by the general public since his movies usually become hits. :?

Ramakrishna
5th June 2007, 07:34 PM
Harikku Evalo Ethirpa? :shock: :lol:

I thought he was liked by the general public since his movies usually become hits. :?

Few hubbers general public eh? :lol2:

Rocky_
5th June 2007, 07:36 PM
Oh ok, Gotcha RK! :lol2: :P

kamalsurya
5th June 2007, 09:49 PM
Hari is nvr a good director that was why when the movie photos came out I said i was utterly dissapointed good to see some fellow hubbers voicing my opinion :( Hopefully It is quality entertainer...not expecting more then that from Vel...Expecting big things from VA 8-)

kamalsurya
7th June 2007, 05:54 PM
[tscii:02033c3d86]
Surya is an actor who is deeply attached to his roots. He makes it a point to visit his native place, Kasigoundanpudur, quite often and when time permits. Recently he was spotted there with wife Jyothika. Having had an enjoyable time with his family and extended family,

Surya

Surya visited his familial temple which is the abode of lord Paramasivan, a Hindu deity. The actor is said to have donated a six feet “Sulaiyudham” - a weapon – to the temple.

Now that’s interesting. A Sulaiyudham while working for Vel. Well, what’s in a name!

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/june-07-01/07-06-07-surya.html[/tscii:02033c3d86]

ajaybaskar
8th June 2007, 10:53 AM
Heard that Varanam Aayiram story has been changed,. Its about a spirit getting into a school boy's body and starts finish off its enemies who live in Afghanistan, pakistan, uzbekistan, etc

Rocky_
9th June 2007, 02:23 AM
Heard that Varanam Aayiram story has been changed,. Its about a spirit getting into a school boy's body and starts finish off its enemies who live in Afghanistan, pakistan, uzbekistan, etc

wtf?! :?

kb
9th June 2007, 02:25 AM

its a pakka rumour..

there was a talk GM is gonna direct a ghost story.. udal porul aavi

later they told they are gonna shoot in afghanistan.. which is a story inspired from forest Gump

ithu rendaiyum sethu oru poothu rumour aaramitchitaanga

kb
17th June 2007, 08:59 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-02.html

kamalsurya
17th June 2007, 10:10 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-02.html

:clap: :clap: :clap: Asin Looks very seductive w the specs :oops:

Usher
17th June 2007, 02:51 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-06.jpg

http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-09.jpg

Surya looks damn cool in those 2 pics 8-)

ThalaNass
17th June 2007, 06:25 PM

Surya goNNa Rock.. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Rocky_
19th June 2007, 12:57 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I like these too:

http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-05.jpg
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-08.jpg
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-10.jpg (Awesome!! :clap: )
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-12.jpg (Vel Da! 8-) )
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-13.jpg (Gramathu Anbuselvan! :lol: )
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-2/vel/vel-17.jpg :smokesmirk:

Double Action...One is a VIllage Role, the other one seems to be an assasin or something. 8-) It's Gonna ROCK! I'm eagarly expecting this movie now also! :clap:

Rocky_
19th June 2007, 01:00 AM
ORKUT INFO:

Sanjay
Jun 17(1 day ago)
Surya in Shankar's Next Movie...
today in an interview with ace director Shankar,he revealed that,in his next Tamil movie Surya is going to play the hero....

Surya plays a Military Intelligence Officer investigating a kidnap of an Indian Scientist.....
Shankar says it will be a strong role Surya has ever played...remaining story has not been revealed by Shankar...

lets hope our Surya brings up a wonderful hit...

Hope it's true. :roll:

mareen
19th June 2007, 01:09 AM
when is Vel hitting the screens ?

Rocky_
19th June 2007, 01:12 AM
Not sure...:? I think it'll probably be before Vaanaram Ayiram. Maybe @ the end of they ear.

mareen
19th June 2007, 01:14 AM
so no movies for surya even for the independance day ?

havent seen him for long! expect the Paruthi veera trailer and few Tv ads :(

Rocky_
19th June 2007, 01:20 AM
:lol: Same here. :( It might release earlier...he will have a release this year for sure. and it's already June. So, don't worry, I guess he'll be on the silver screen soon. :P

mareen
19th June 2007, 01:40 AM
yaa expecting him too deliver a good movie, coz i didnt like his SOK :oops:

Rocky_
19th June 2007, 01:40 AM
Few Did. :oops: :(

mareen
19th June 2007, 01:47 AM
Surprisingly Few girls liked the movie also :O

Wibha
19th June 2007, 06:35 AM
Surprisingly Few girls liked the movie also :O

:yes: y girls shouldn't like that movie? :roll:

it was so cute :D

kamalsurya
19th June 2007, 10:39 AM
ORKUT INFO:

Sanjay
Jun 17(1 day ago)
today in an interview with ace director Shankar,he revealed that,in his next Tamil movie Surya is going to play the hero....

Surya plays a Military Intelligence Officer investigating a kidnap of an Indian Scientist.....
Shankar says it will be a strong role Surya has ever played...remaining story has not been revealed by Shankar...

Hubber Surya I hope it isn't true at all...I just don't like the idea of him acting under shankar

1) It might take too long (at least 1 and half years or 2 years)

2)It might be mix of all his old stories

I hope he works under Mani or ARM or Selva after VA...

avven
19th June 2007, 02:17 PM
yaa expecting him too deliver a good movie, coz i didnt like his SOK :oops:

Even i too didnot like it....but Vel wont be like that..surya looks great great..particularly Surya looks great in the Rocky Avatar 8-) :D..seems he has lost some weight...all the best for his vel :D

leosimha
19th June 2007, 03:36 PM
ORKUT INFO:

Sanjay
Jun 17(1 day ago)

Wow...this is great news. Ghajini Surya will rock.

Rocky_
20th June 2007, 12:27 AM
Hubber Surya I hope it isn't true at all...I just don't like the idea of him acting under shankar

1) It might take too long (at least 1 and half years or 2 years)

2)It might be mix of all his old stories

That's the side effect for doing a Shankar Movie. :cry: But I really like the proposed Storyline though. :D :D :thumbsup: It sounds quite good. 8-)

I hope he works under Mani or ARM or Selva after VA...

Mani and Surya came together for Aitha Ezuthu. 8-) The movie was quite good IMO, but didn't click. :( For Some reason Mani's films aren't clicking with the Tamil Audience anymore even though they're good. :(

ARM & Selva- :thumbsup: I hope so too. 8-)

kamalsurya
22nd June 2007, 11:45 PM
[tscii:1c3ce14e07]
Suriya is busy shooting for Vel. Directed by Hari, the movie features Suriya in the rustic rural youngster who fights for a cause.

Suriya says, ‘ It would be a commercial entertainer. A typical Hari film, it has all ingredients to appease fans of all sections’.

After Ghajini, Suriya joins hands with Asin again for Vel.

Suriya is simultaneously working for Varanam Aayiram which is directed by Gowtham Menon.

When queried whether Jyothika will return to acting, Suriya says, “It is for her to decide. If she is keen to continue to act, I have no hesitation”.

Jyothika starrer Chandramukhi has successfully completed 800 day run and a mega function will be held in Chennai on 25 June in which Chief Minister M Karunanidhi will take part.

Every acotr also says that after marrying a heroine!!Hopefullt Surya is diffrent from the rest :wink: [/tscii:1c3ce14e07]

Rocky_
23rd June 2007, 07:11 AM
[tscii:ef09692962]
Suriya is busy shooting for Vel. Directed by Hari, the movie features Suriya in the rustic rural youngster who fights for a cause.

Suriya says, ‘ It would be a commercial entertainer. A typical Hari film, it has all ingredients to appease fans of all sections’.

After Ghajini, Suriya joins hands with Asin again for Vel.

Suriya is simultaneously working for Varanam Aayiram which is directed by Gowtham Menon.

When queried whether Jyothika will return to acting, Suriya says, “It is for her to decide. If she is keen to continue to act, I have no hesitation”.

Jyothika starrer Chandramukhi has successfully completed 800 day run and a mega function will be held in Chennai on 25 June in which Chief Minister M Karunanidhi will take part.

Every acotr also says that after marrying a heroine!!Hopefullt Surya is diffrent from the rest :wink: [/tscii:ef09692962]

:yes: :D

PS: Kalakal Avatar. :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2007, 12:14 PM
ORKUT INFO:

Sanjay
Jun 17(1 day ago)

Hmm...Sounds different. It doesn't look like the usual social message stuff. But Shankar-a nenachaa thaan bayamaa irukku, especially after watching his Sivaji.

Rocky_
23rd June 2007, 11:13 PM
I don't think shankar's usual stuff can be incorporated into this storyline. :D :boo: If this does materialize, i hope surya doesn't stop working on other movies for a year or something. :?

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2007, 11:14 PM
I don't think shankar's usual stuff can be incorporated into this storyline. :D :boo: If this does materialize, i hope surya doesn't stop working on other movies for a year or something. :?

BTW, where did u get this info? :evil: :?

Rocky_
23rd June 2007, 11:16 PM
Orkut Surya Community with 41K+ members. :boo: :huh:

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2007, 11:17 PM
Orkut Surya Community with 41K+ members. :boo: :huh:

That community is full of spam :evil:

kamalsurya
23rd June 2007, 11:18 PM

:wink: :notworthy:

Rocky_
23rd June 2007, 11:19 PM
there are some things every now and then which actually talk abt surya! :lol2:

but yeah, most of the time it's crap like "who is the hottest in the above 3 profiles?" :banghead:

or

"would u kiss, kick, handshake, marry, the person above u"

or the funniest

"would u like to have friendship with the above person. :lol:

Have Friendship?> :?

The OWNDER is adament to not have any Mods in that comm. :banghead:

Rocky_
23rd June 2007, 11:23 PM

:wink: :notworthy:

Nandhu and Virumaandi are a couple of my most fav charecters that kamal has played. :)

Rocky_
26th June 2007, 01:27 AM
On Coffee With Anu This Week:

It was Deva and Director Vasanth (Poovellam Ketupaar)

In Anu's Rapid Fire Round, Anu Asks:

"What do you think Surya needs to Improve On?"

Vasanth: I'm not sure. Everybody has something to improve on, me, you, Deva sir, everyone...I can't pinpoint, but there is something. I'm not sure what.

8-)

I think Surya should improve on his Dance. I'd like to see Surya work on his steps and then do a dance number like Hrithik did in Dhoom 2. :boo: :P

kb
26th June 2007, 01:33 AM
appa adutha deva music panra padathula dhoom 2 song varumnu sollunga :P

RPB
26th June 2007, 01:36 AM

dhoom one and dhoom 2 song mixing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RPB
26th June 2007, 01:38 AM
suryas vel is double role or single role?

Rocky_
26th June 2007, 02:00 AM

I think Deva is already working on a Xerox Copy of Dhoom Again! :lol2:

Rocky_
26th June 2007, 02:02 AM
suryas vel is double role or single role?

I think it's a dual Role...judging from the Pics. :)

kamalsurya
29th June 2007, 03:18 PM
[tscii:46cc7621bf]
There’s another side to every human being. And for those who know Aamir Khan only as an actor, here’s a surprise - he’s an avid writer too. The star maintains his own blog and regularly updates it. In his recent blog Aamir writes about his latest venture - Gajini. When Aamir called Surya to congratulate on superlative performance in the movie, the latter reportedly told him that only he would be suitable for the role in the Hindi remake.

Persuaded by Surya, Aamir Khan accepted the role on the condition that the final 30-minute including the climax should be changed to which the director also agreed.

Writing on the director, Aamir has said the young director and his positive vibes is also one of the reasons for him to take up the movie. On the heroine Asin, Khan said her performance was superb in the original version and as a consequence no other actress was even considered for the role. Jiya Khan, playing the second heroine role is also keeping up to the expectations he writes. In all probability the movie may hit the screens during May 2008. Some big names associated with the movie are music director A.R. Rahman, lyricist Prasoon Joshi and cinematographer Ravi K Chandran.

8-) :shock: 8-) [/tscii:46cc7621bf]

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/june-07-04/29-06-07-aamir.html

Rocky_
3rd July 2007, 01:39 AM
:thumbsup:

My personal Choice for Sanjay Ramasami would be Hrithik Roshan, but Aamir rocks too. 8-)

kamalsurya
3rd July 2007, 07:27 AM
:thumbsup:

My personal Choice for Sanjay Ramasami would be Hrithik Roshan, but Aamir rocks too. 8-)

Yea but the Hiritik will only be good for the flasback scenes...I don't think he will be able to pull off the mottai....Aamir is the perfect person will very good acting skils...hopefully the movie does well

selvakumar
3rd July 2007, 04:27 PM
Hey !
I read that article of Aamir in his blog completely !
He says that he wasnot impressed with the movie when he saw that. But surya seems to have recommended this a lot. Yet, he was skeptical.

But he says that after seeing A.R.Murugadoss and his approach, he wanted to go with this film. he also speaks about Momento and how he takes this ! :)

P.S: btw, Avar blog la comment section summa parakkuthu.. 300, 1000 ellam summa saathaaranamaa irukku ! :lol: :D

namma ponnunga JOLLU neraya !
In the comment section, namma pasangalum kalakkuraanunga ! I read a comment in which a guy asked Aamir to avoid Gajini and start remaking POkiri :rotfl:
Plus - many of our people are asking Aamir not to do Gajini :sigh2:
idhu poga Asin jollu post vera :banghead: :lol2:

Sema entertainment ! Padinga avaroda blog ah !

don't miss his entry on Ghajini shooting !
:)

Roshan
3rd July 2007, 04:55 PM
Selva,

AaamirOda blog link kodukka mudiyumA? :)

Ramakrishna
3rd July 2007, 05:02 PM
Here it is
http://www.lagaandvd.com/blog.php

selvakumar
3rd July 2007, 05:05 PM
Selva,

AaamirOda blog link kodukka mudiyumA? :)

Thanks Rama for posting that ! :)
Roshan,
Here is his recent entry on Ghajini ! :D quite good. Don't forget to read the comment section :lol2:
http://www.lagaandvd.com/blog.php?page=10&show=1&topicid=33

Roshan
3rd July 2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks Rama and Selva :)

Selva, noothukaNakkAna comments irukkumnu solreenga. Eppadi padichu mudikkiRathu ellAtheyum :roll: ethukkum try panrEn :)

Ramakrishna
3rd July 2007, 05:12 PM
Selva, noothukaNakkAna comments irukkumnu solreenga. Eppadi padichu mudikkiRathu ellAtheyum :

ithaan naanum yosichaen :roll:

selvakumar
3rd July 2007, 05:14 PM
Roshan, unmai thaan. Naan innaikku konjam vetti. Athan konjam interest eduthu padichaen :lol2:
btw, IF you read his other entries, he says that he is going to start his official website soon and he is afraid of computers and using net :lol:

Rocky_
4th July 2007, 12:05 AM
The Blog looks Cool! 8-) 8-)

I hope the ending isn't changed too much. :?

I don't think he will be able to pull off the mottai....

I think he will, remember his work in movies like Fiza, Lakshya, and Mission Kashmir? I think he can bring the 'dazed and confused' look very well also. :) But yeah, Aamir is an Ace Actor. :thumbsup:

selvakumar
4th July 2007, 11:21 AM
The Blog looks Cool! 8-) 8-)
I hope the ending isn't changed too much. :?

If they are not changing the ending and fine-tune the entire second half, it will be :shaking:

Rocky_
5th July 2007, 06:44 AM
Tht's even worse! :lol: I felt that the Climax of Gajini was a bit too cliche also. :? But I wonder how Aamir wants to finish it off. :) Up until the Climax my interest was sustained.

kamalsurya
8th July 2007, 07:39 AM
This is the latest update on Vaaranam Aayiram. Surya's fans have been wondering whatever happened to his another project Vaaranam Aayiram as news seems to be flooding in only from the Vel camp. When a Behindwoods correspondent called in Gautham Menon to enquire about the progress of Vaaranam Aayiram,

Surya
the director said that all plans have been neatly laid down well in advance and the team is working towards it. Planning Vaaranam Aayiram for the next year's Tamil New year's day release, he said that the shooting will resume very soon. Having shot a few scenes in Adyar and its surrounding areas in Chennai there are plans to film the remaining movie in foreign countries such as the USA and Afghanistan apart from Delhi and Dehradun, he added. The team plans to head for a 25-day stint in San Francisco, United States, soon. Further, a 10-day schedule in Afghanistan, Delhi and Dehradun, respectively has also been planned.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-07-01/06-07-07-vaaranam-aayiram.html

smith1
16th July 2007, 04:17 PM
there are rumours that asin is funding a major portion of the film. It was she who contacted m'dass & requested him to cast her in the hindi version too.

kamalsurya
22nd July 2007, 03:49 PM
It seems Surya's B'dae is coming up soon :D

RPB
2nd August 2007, 12:02 AM
[tscii:0ed3a8f8b8]Releases of the big four – Bheema, Vel, ATM & Dasavatharam

August 01, 2007

Four big movies are ready for the diwali release. Let’s check out what they are

Bheema

It has almost been two years since “Chiyaan” Vikram graced the big screens; therefore, it’s quite natural that the expectations are skyrocketing for his latest starrer Bheema.

But Bheema, which is directed by Lingusamy and produced by A.M. Rathnam, has been in the making for a year now, and has its release dates revised constantly. The movie, expected to release alongside Kreedom, was postponed to September and now it seems that it will hit the screens only for Diwali. Though the filming of the movie is over, the patchwork, graphics and post-production work is going on. Lingusamy after Sandakozhi is very positive about this project and has said that the movie has come out very well. He also added that Bheema would surely be a treat for all Vikram fans. In this film Trisha and Vikram will be dancing to the tunes of Harris Jeyaraj and the audio of the movie is expected to be out soon.

Vel

Vel, directed by Hari, is one of the most anticipated movies of this year. Hari is joining hands with Surya once again and the combination is sure to produce a hit. After the superb on-screen chemistry shared by Surya and Asin in Gajini, the pair will once again be seen sharing the screen space, which has augmented curiosity. Having tasted success with a double role in Perazhagan, Surya is confident to do it once more, sources say. The man with the Midas touch, Yuvan Shankar Raja is taking care of the music. Vel is tipped to be a surefire entertainer as it has all the usual elements such as love, comedy, action and sentiment in the right proportion, which always makes Hari’s work a delicious serving. And the director is very happy on the way the movie is shaping up. Vel is expected to hit the screens before Diwali; but if the post production works are delayed then the movie will crackle with the crackers.

ATM

Azhagiya Tamil Magan is making an excellent progress. With Vijay’s latest Pokkiri being declared a blockbuster, the debutant director Barathan is under a lot of pressure as he has to be in sync with the fans expectations. ATM features two glamour queens Shriya and Namitha, who are going to sizzle on screen with Vijay, in exotic locales, for the music tuned by the music maestro A.R. Rahman. The ace music director and Vijay are joining hands after Udhaya, so the expectations on the music front are also very high. Another significant information on this musical-action extravaganza is an action sequence in which Ilayathalapathy and Vijay will be fighting each other. Confused? For the first time, Vijay is donning a double role. Double treat is awaiting all Vijay fans this Diwali.

Dasavatharam

Come Diwali, crackers and sweets take a backseat as the expectations for this colossus is getting bigger and bigger. Just in case this movie does not see the light of the day on Diwali; the day it hits the screens will be similar to Diwali - such is the hype surrounding this mammoth project. Universal hero Kamal Haasan is playing ten roles for the first time. Dasavatharam, produced by Oscar Ravichandran, is the most expensive movie ever made in the Indian cinema, beating out Sivaji.

The movie features Asin and Mallika Sherawat in prominent roles. K.S. Ravikumar, the captain of the ship is very happy on the final outcome of the movie.

The director has given all credit to Kamal Haasan, and rightly so, as he has spent almost half his day in front of the mirror disguising for the ten roles. Some of the information which is out like the White House set or the tsunami effect being created for the climax or the helicopter shot of all the major places in Chennai is already the subject of discussion in any film following fraternity. Even the American ambassador David Hooper was surprised at the White House which was erected in Chennai Film City. The movie is all set to open across the world on Diwali day.
[/tscii:0ed3a8f8b8]

smith1
2nd August 2007, 08:38 PM
Vel will release well before deepavali.

sachein
10th August 2007, 09:12 PM
surya and jo expecting a baby in next few days

joe
10th August 2007, 09:17 PM
surya and jo expecting a baby in next few days

Heard that Jo in hospital for delivery :)

sachein
10th August 2007, 09:20 PM
yup..
intha vishayathula koda media rumour is more..

media reports they might have twins :D

Ramakrishna
11th August 2007, 12:03 AM
Girl baby for Suriya-Jothika
IndiaGlitz [Friday, August 10, 2007]
Suriya and Jothika, the most lovedcouple in the Tamil film industry, today became proud parents of a babygirl.Jothika gave birth to a healthy girl at a private hospital ataropund 7.30 p.m. Friday evening.With the doctors marking today asthe 'due date' and widely reported in the media too, there was littlesurprise.

Today being an Aadi Velli, an auspicious day in Tamilcalendar, it was doubly special for Suriya, whose career is on a bighigh.Suriya and Jothika, after a fairytale romance, got married lastyear.It was one of the famous weddings in Kollywood.

Suriya hadgiven up his shooting stint to be present beside her wife at the time ofthe delivery of their child.

We at Indiaglitz wish the young parentsand the new-born all the success in the future.

Ramakrishna
11th August 2007, 12:05 AM
Surya becomes Appa!
By Moviebuzz | Friday, 10 August , 2007, 22:55
Surya and Jyothika have become proud parents of a baby girl today at 9.22 pm (Friday, Aug 10). Jo underwent a Caesarean, at the Apollo hospital in Chennai.

This confirms reports that the couple wanted the baby to be born today, on an Aadi Velli, a very auspicious day according to Tamilians.

In fact Surya had completed the schedule of his Hari directed Vel in south Tamilnadu and was in Chennai by the side of Jyothika for the last few days.

Nerd
11th August 2007, 12:16 AM
Congrats surya :thumbsup: May God bless the new born abundantly!

Kollywoodfan
11th August 2007, 08:11 AM
Aww Congrats to both Surya and Jo! :D

joe
11th August 2007, 04:24 PM
குட்டி ஜோதிகா ...வருக! :D

kamalsurya
12th August 2007, 11:39 AM
Congrats Surya and Jo for your baby girl..c'mon hubbers give ur suggestions on the name they should give the baby...

rachel
13th August 2007, 03:00 AM
Surya becomes Appa!
By Moviebuzz | Friday, 10 August , 2007, 22:55
Surya and Jyothika have become proud parents of a baby girl today at 9.22 pm (Friday, Aug 10). Jo underwent a Caesarean, at the Apollo hospital in Chennai.

This confirms reports that the couple wanted the baby to be born today, on an Aadi Velli, a very auspicious day according to Tamilians.

In fact Surya had completed the schedule of his Hari directed Vel in south Tamilnadu and was in Chennai by the side of Jyothika for the last few days.

:D :D :D

bingleguy
13th August 2007, 04:05 AM
Congrats to the STAR PAIR :clap:

Tia
17th August 2007, 12:08 AM
a cute photo of surya and karthik when they were like 5! :D

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4th3xbp

RPB
18th August 2007, 01:34 PM
Last week, Jyotika gave birth to a baby girl at a private hospital in Chennai. Since the delivery was by Cesarean section, she stayed on in hospital for a couple of days.

Surya told reporters this morning that Jyotika and her child are doing well and will go to her mother's house after 3 months.

Sivakumar had already announced that his grand daughter was born under Punarpoosam star and a name starting with D would be apt. Surya told reporters, "You must all be eager to know the name of the child. We have named her Diya."

KUTTI JODIYA,ILLA DIYA :D :D :D

Kollywoodfan
8th September 2007, 01:51 AM
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v97/73/6/507191980/n507191980_176761_2215.jpg

Baby Surya and Baby Karthi - Cho Chweet!! :P

ThalaNass
17th October 2007, 06:15 PM
VEL TRAILER

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/trailers/vel-trailer/

Devar Magan
20th October 2007, 02:51 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/sandiyar.k/VelAudioRelease

actually,
this audio release was planned to take place in a star hotel.but, it took place in thalaivar's house.. he was suffering from fever then, so surya and hari came to the temple for darisanam

kamalsurya
23rd October 2007, 09:23 AM
http://picasaweb.google.com/sandiyar.k/VelAudioRelease

actually,
this audio release was planned to take place in a star hotel.but, it took place in thalaivar's house.. he was suffering from fever then, so surya and hari came to the temple for darisanam

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :bluejump: :redjump: :redjump: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

kamalsurya
9th November 2007, 05:30 PM
Vel should give Surya a good hit after a long time...Mainly in B and C centers I presume...It was a entertaining movie with both Surya's role well etched...Overall Surya carried the movie...nothing special about the story but Vadivelu's comedy was superb...

rachel
10th November 2007, 11:03 AM

i thought it was a photo of suya's and jo' baby... :x

c4ramesh
10th November 2007, 11:06 AM

i thought it was a photo of suya's and jo' baby... :x

kamalsurya
13th November 2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-4/vaaranam-aayiram-01/vaaranam-aayiram-01.html

Vaaranam Aayirum pics...looks super impressive...esp the one I picked out below...I feel it is really gonna be diff for surya...he looks diff in this pic

http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-4/vaaranam-aayiram-01/vaaranam-aayiram-06.html

Devar Magan
13th November 2007, 06:56 PM
surya is posing like arr

http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-4/vaaranam-aayiram-01/vaaranam-aayiram-01.html

Vaaranam Aayirum pics...looks super impressive...esp the one I picked out below...I feel it is really gonna be diff for surya...he looks diff in this pic

http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-4/vaaranam-aayiram-01/vaaranam-aayiram-06.htmlmaddy,

EKSI... :lol:

kamalsurya
13th November 2007, 07:00 PM
surya is posing like arr

http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-4/vaaranam-aayiram-01/vaaranam-aayiram-06.htmlmaddy,

hmmm.... :lol: :roll: :oops:

Devar Magan
15th November 2007, 04:46 PM
saw a song from vel... foreing-la shoot pannirukaanga.. romantic song-aam..

music :cry:
lyrics :cry: :cry:
choreography :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thalafanz
15th November 2007, 05:40 PM
Vel should give Surya a good hit after a long time...Mainly in B and C centers I presume...It was a entertaining movie with both Surya's role well etched...Overall Surya carried the movie...nothing special about the story but Vadivelu's comedy was superb...

I think u missed out Kalabavan Mani. He is also another highlight of the movie. Villain but he's comedy is nice... 8-)

kamalsurya
15th November 2007, 06:40 PM

I think u missed out Kalabavan Mani. He is also another highlight of the movie. Villain but he's comedy is nice... 8-)

Yea...omg how did i miss him out...thanks for the reminder he was v.good wonder why he does not get many chances he is as good as the other villains we have

cujoo
15th November 2007, 08:11 PM
Thats what I thought in the beginning... then I went through all da pictures... I found its Surya...

surya is posing like arr

cujoo
15th November 2007, 08:36 PM
VEL is the clear winner in Canada They Increase the Shows Here.

Tia
17th November 2007, 02:10 AM
naaaaa, my cousin from canada who lives in toronto sed ATM is a bigger success than vell

anwayzz

i saw vell

IT WAS AWESOME hehehee
luvd the movie..hated the songs when i heard them...but in the movie...then i thought..hang on it really fits in quite well which made it catchy and the songs are actually really good now! :D

kinda a diffo thing for surya...but it woz wkd! :P luvin the movie

n ummm were they trying to do a sutrum vili sudarae in tht song? it rele didnt wrk! :S

Kollywoodfan
19th November 2007, 10:03 AM
Koffee with Anu

Surya and Murugadoss (4 parts) Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k3h9QGCCDS0&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yl1CiGy-KFA&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ljKsjva3vw&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3hjNPtZD_w&feature=related

kamalsurya
20th November 2007, 10:57 PM
Vel is the winner here in singapore too!!They have upped it 2 shows from 1 and Atm from 2 shows to 1

ajithfederer
20th November 2007, 10:59 PM
:ty: for those links....the interview was very decent :)

Koffee with Anu

kamalsurya
21st November 2007, 12:15 AM
:ty: for those links....the interview was very decent :)

Koffee with Anu

What do you mean by the interview is very decent??

Kollywoodfan
21st November 2007, 03:43 AM
Welcome. It is a very dignified interview. Surya talks a lot for such a shy guy :shock: He was very lively as was Murugadoss :) I enjoyed it.

I'm waiting for Part II of the Interview with the rapid fire round. :wink:

kamalsurya
21st November 2007, 06:20 AM
Welcome. It is a very dignified interview. Surya talks a lot for such a shy guy :shock: He was very lively as was Murugadoss :) I enjoyed it.

I'm waiting for Part II of the Interview with the rapid fire round. :wink:

It is even more interesting than part 1 I watched both of them alr it was cool...

yugsha
29th November 2007, 02:02 PM
Can someone pls let me know where to download the second part of Koffee with Anu- Surya pls???????? I cant wait to watch the rapid fire round!!!

Kollywoodfan
28th December 2007, 09:31 PM
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/events/events_clip/Id/973/star/mega-star-nite-singapore/name/images/count/165/cl_file/singapore-new124/ct/124.html

Surya and Karthi dancing at the Star Nite in Malaysia :D

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/events/events_clip/Id/973/star/mega-star-nite-singapore/name/images/count/165/cl_file/singapore-new123/ct/123.html

The brothers with K.S.Ravikumar

Here's the whole event album
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/events/gallery/name/images/id/973/star/mega-star-nite-singapore.html

raaja_rasigan
29th December 2007, 06:24 PM
yesterday i read Ameer's interview in Ananda vikatan:

due to paruthiveeran he lost his friendship with surya & the relationship with sivakumar's family.

what happened between them? any ego problem?

Devar Magan
29th December 2007, 06:40 PM
chumma vilayaatukku solli irupaaru

raaja_rasigan
29th December 2007, 06:43 PM
i don't think so... he was seriously saying this

littlemaster1982
29th December 2007, 09:53 PM
Paruthiveeran was initially produced by Ameer under the banner of "Team Work Productions". Surya bought the film midway and it was released under Studio Green banner.

But Ameer was not settled properly and there was a delay in the release due to this. To make things worse, Ameer was not given the importance in post release publicity. Ameer has already expressed his disappointment over this issue.

Devar Magan
29th December 2007, 10:33 PM
sorry raaja_rasigan,

its true.. i thought ur talking abt karthi... sivakumar and his family even complained a lot abt ameer to aandavar spoiling what cud have been a great movie..

littlemaster1982
30th December 2007, 12:48 AM
sorry raaja_rasigan,

its true.. i thought ur talking abt karthi... sivakumar and his family even complained a lot abt ameer to aandavar spoiling what cud have been a great movie..

:idontgetit:

littlemaster1982
30th December 2007, 12:50 AM
sorry raaja_rasigan,

:idontgetit:

Devar Magan
30th December 2007, 01:17 AM
sorry raaja_rasigan,

:idontgetit:ameer is/was ready to work with kamal.. but, sivakumar who is kamal's friend, complained abt ameer, told bad things abt him..

Kollywoodfan
30th December 2007, 06:55 AM
Poor Ameer. That's really a shame.

Whatever it may be, if not for Ameer and his confidence & hard work, Karthi would not have had such a dream debut. :?

raaja_rasigan
30th December 2007, 01:58 PM
Poor Ameer. That's really a shame.

Whatever it may be, if not for Ameer and his confidence & hard work, Karthi would not have had such a dream debut. :?

:yes:

Ameer is the creator & he shud be credited first

kamalsurya
30th December 2007, 09:47 PM
sorry raaja_rasigan,

:idontgetit:ameer is/was ready to work with kamal.. but, sivakumar who is kamal's friend, complained abt ameer, told bad things abt him..

But will Kamal listen blindly without getting the fact before?I doubt so...

Devar Magan
30th December 2007, 09:50 PM
sorry raaja_rasigan,

But will Kamal listen blindly without getting the fact before?I doubt so...but sivakumar is more close to kamal than ameer..
also even we dont know, who is the bad guy.. ameer or surya??

Devar Magan
30th December 2007, 09:51 PM
sorry raaja_rasigan,

But will Kamal listen blindly without getting the fact before?I doubt so...but sivakumar is more close to kamal than ameer..
also even we dont know, who is the bad guy.. ameer or surya??

Kollywoodfan
30th December 2007, 10:02 PM
I guess we don't know the facts, but on Surya's part or whatever, it's unfair because it's three against one in this matter and they attacked him using his career (if the Kamal thing is true).

thilak4life
11th January 2008, 08:42 PM
Varanam Aayiram (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1032350/varanam_ayiram_trailer/)
It looks glossy, and looks to emphasize Surya's good dressing sense. Frankly speaking, I don't see anything much to go ga-ga over it. Let's wait..

dinesh2002
12th January 2008, 05:55 AM
It looks glossy, and looks to emphasize Surya's good dressing sense. Frankly speaking, I don't see anything much to go ga-ga over it. Let's wait..

its looks a whole lot like Sillunu Oru Kadhal part II. :?

didint they went to Afghanistan or something for this film's shooting??

kb
12th January 2008, 08:04 AM

its awesome..
he has improved a lot in his dance.. padam jilu jilunu irrukum.. :D

Sid_316
12th January 2008, 05:27 PM
It's based on forrest gump isnt it? lets hope gautham doesn't screw this up ! :P Hope it will be nice :)

thilak4life
12th January 2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, heard about Afganistan and FG. Not sure...

Kollywoodfan
12th January 2008, 09:44 PM
Forrest Gump? wow, Surya's looks too stylish in the stills. It doesn't seem like the Tom Hanks role.

Devar Magan
15th January 2008, 12:48 AM
It looks glossy, and looks to emphasize Surya's good dressing sense. Frankly speaking, I don't see anything much to go ga-ga over it. Let's wait.. it looks very good.. the movie is surely going to rock.. no doubts.. its an adaptation of forrest gump.. a carefree youth goes on to become a legend.. story seems to be something like this...

pls, dont compare this to the eternal crap called SOK.. thats one of the worst movies ever in recent times

Nerd
19th January 2008, 06:37 AM
http://www.4shared.com/file/33878768/2894d0a8/Adiyae_Kolluthey.html?cau2=403tNull
ennamO edhukkO kashtappaduRa mathiri. seri veNaam vidunga :lol:

Raikkonen
19th January 2008, 12:16 PM
It looks glossy, and looks to emphasize Surya's good dressing sense. Frankly speaking, I don't see anything much to go ga-ga over it. Let's wait.. it looks very good.. the movie is surely going to rock.. no doubts.. its an adaptation of forrest gump.. a carefree youth goes on to become a legend.. story seems to be something like this...

pls, dont compare this to the eternal crap called SOK.. thats one of the worst movies ever in recent times

First time intha matiri story vantirichinna, you can say it's going to rock.. i have already seen the same story many times..

Devar Magan
19th January 2008, 12:26 PM

First time intha matiri story vantirichinna, you can say it's going to rock.. i have already seen the same story many times..yes, even i had seen it many times. but for the first time in tamil.. usually, they will show this in a single song.. we have seen many stories that showcases a loser.. we never had a story that showcases a winner in a very refreshing way.. thats what i want.. 8-)

Devar Magan
19th January 2008, 12:34 PM
http://www.4shared.com/file/33878768/2894d0a8/Adiyae_Kolluthey.html?cau2=403tNull
ennamO edhukkO kashtappaduRa mathiri. seri veNaam vidunga :lol: annanoda paatunu oru paatu vanthuchu.. itha vida athula mukkunaanga.. :lol:

This VA song is good.. copy adichaalum, HJ nalla kekkura maathiri paatu poduraan

Ramakrishna
19th January 2008, 12:35 PM
ithenna oru oru paattaa release panraanga :?

Nerd
19th January 2008, 12:36 PM
DM.. unga vayitheRichal nallA puriyudhu.. I never thought you would bring up a Rajini song in this context.. Get some life please.. There is a life out of your man-love for Rajini though you try your level best to conceal it :wave:

Devar Magan
19th January 2008, 12:38 PM
DM.. unga vayitheRichal nallA puriyudhu.. I never thought you would bring up a Rajini song in this context.. Get some life please.. There is a life out of your man-love for Rajini though you try your level best to conceal it :wave:haha, just to expose ur hypocracy Nerd.. :lol:

dinesh2002
19th January 2008, 12:40 PM

DM, im sure anyone who sees that trailor for 1st time,couldnt stop themself from thinking it looks simular to SOK (atleats most of them) [camera,place,Surya's youthness-outfits]. thats what i meant!! the style of the film, not the FILM looks like SOK storyline :roll:

Nerd
19th January 2008, 12:41 PM
Hypocrisy??? Have you seen me praising aNNanOda pAttu anywhere?? :lol: You are something!

Anywhere though the guitar part is good in this song, the voices are so bad 8-)

dinesh2002
19th January 2008, 12:43 PM
Hypocrisy??? Have you seen me praising aNNanOda pAttu anywhere?? :lol: You are something!

Anywhere though the guitar part is good in this song, the voices are so bad 8-)

yea..the girl's voice is abit annoying, but the tune is nice....i love the second interlude allot..... very mesmerizing :musicsmile:

Devar Magan
19th January 2008, 12:46 PM

Anywhere though the guitar part is good in this song, the voices are so bad 8-)seri vidunga.. neenga naan enna sonnaalum othukkku porathu illai :P

Devar Magan
19th January 2008, 12:47 PM
yea dinesh, the girl's voice is not good.. but imagine this might be the perfect voice for a NRI..

Nerd
19th January 2008, 12:48 PM
The trailer looks very good. Finally we may get to a see slick movie from GM though he claims each and every movie of his is one :lol: A DCH type of movie is what I expect :yes:

selvakumar
20th January 2008, 12:41 PM
Nerd,
I expect a film like Minnalae though. :) Trailor looks cool. But JOK maari aagamaa irunthaa sari..

MADDY
20th January 2008, 01:11 PM
This VA song is good.. copy adichaalum, HJ nalla kekkura maathiri paatu poduraan

yaen karthi - paattula Thamizh manam irukkudha??? :lol:

indha madhiri copy adichittae pona - Thamizh "maanam" dhaan parakkum :rotfl: :rotfl: idhukku support vera - :banghead:

copy adichhalum thappu illa :lol:

Devar Magan
20th January 2008, 01:32 PM

yaen karthi - paattula Thamizh manam irukkudha??? :lol:

indha madhiri copy adichittae pona - Thamizh "maanam" dhaan parakkum :rotfl: :rotfl: idhukku support vera - :banghead:

copy adichhalum thappu illa :lol: maddy, i meant HJ's albums are very good to listen.. i know he copies a lot.. that why i am not praising him

Devar Magan
24th January 2008, 02:06 AM
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/23012008-2.shtml

heard that oscar ravi is no longer the produver of VA.. gemini films which is doing marmayogi is gonna produce this movie

Kollywoodfan
27th January 2008, 02:55 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vlrs5VdhUTs&feature=related

One the most romantic scenes from SOK with Bhoomika and Surya. Nice, natural acting by both :P

Mahen
27th January 2008, 09:00 AM
The heroines in VA :banghead: ...What happened to gautham?

heard that oscar ravi is no longer the produver of VA.. gemini films which is doing marmayogi is gonna produce this movie

Oscar is out?suprising...I always thought Oscar films is financially a very stable production house...Guess he dumped all his money for Dasavatharam :D Hope Anandha thandavam is not affected.. :)

dinesh2002
27th January 2008, 09:46 AM

One the most romantic scenes from SOK with Bhoomika and Surya. Nice, natural acting by both :P

EXCELLENT scene..... listen to that BGM.... just M I N D B L O W I N G !!!!! it just lifts up the emotion of the scene...... !! :D a BGM that explains LOVE!!

thilak4life
27th January 2008, 09:57 AM

Rahman uses the Munbe Vaa track for BGM, and very aptly so. The track symbolizes their "romance", so he cleverly uses it to accentuate the scenes. But the film was bad in entirety, thus not fully deserving his music IMO..

Kollywoodfan
27th January 2008, 11:14 AM
Definitely. Despite Jo being the main heroine, I think Bhoomika got the best in terms of a song ad bgm :D

Mesmerizing music by ARR. The way he manipulated Munbe Vaa to suit every moment of the beautiful love story is brilliant. Especially the sad sounds, after the marriage, when Surya is in the hospital.

thilak, I thought that SOK was one of the most meaningful films to come our way representing the touching relationship between husband and wife. All the performances were top-notch, music brilliant. Idk what killed the film. It really had a lot going for it. :sigh2:

Gaza
27th January 2008, 01:11 PM
i like sok...dont know why its nt liked by all..i also dont think its a girl thing to like dis..the film is a gud luk at relationships...da reaction of surya,bhoomika n jothika shud be relatable to all..

Mahen
30th January 2008, 05:50 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36227.html

Another comedy by IG..It says VA is now 50% complete...Supposed to be 80% rite??

Lady lamp
2nd February 2008, 11:10 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh, kanna, he's my darling.

Am new, here, I think he's the best around, I enjoy watching him more than any other actor, even Vikram. Soemhow, when Vikram emotes, it doesn't effect me at all, it feels weird when this rough and tough man on screen cries but when Surya emotes, Niagra flows from my eyes.

Gaza, I agree with you, SOK was a cute and beautiful film.Well scripted, though I guess the only problem was that the director shud hv stuck more to the stroy line, than concentrating on surya jo romance .

dinesh2002
2nd February 2008, 03:34 PM
yup, me too agree... SOK is a beautiful love story... the love scenes between Surya & Boomika r very lovely.. and Surya- Jo's chemistry as a wife & hubby in the film, is adorable.... and not to 4get that cute Aishu baby... haha... love her nottyness... BGM and Songs, dun have to say, it lifted the movie 100% !! :) i guess audiences wasnt prepare to sit in teather for 2 hours + to see 'another' relationship movie, as everyone is already inside that & knows everything about it :lol:

Devar Magan
2nd February 2008, 10:07 PM
The heroines in VA :banghead: ...What happened to gautham?

Oscar is out?suprising...I always thought Oscar films is financially a very stable production house...Guess he dumped all his money for Dasavatharam :D Hope Anandha thandavam is not affected.. :)Oscar films has grown from being a stable production to a big/rock solid production house with dasavatharam..

but some problem bet gautham and ravi.. so, ravi opted out of VA..

leosimha
27th February 2008, 05:14 PM
[tscii:70bb8213fa]

Simran as Surya's mother!!

By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, February 26 2008

It is really unbelievable! Simran, the former dream angel of lakhs of fans, become as 'mother' to her first hero on screen, in her re-entry film!! The talented actress finally settled with a mother role against Surya in Vaaranam Ayiram, who was her debutant hero in her first film Nerukku Ner, directed by Vasanth.

In this film, Surya is appearing in four different get ups including the roles of father – son. Simran is going to play as the wife of father Surya. But director Goutham Menon has been keeping this as one of the top secrets of the film so far.

According to the sources, the director is shooting the scenes related with father Surya-Mother Simran and son Surya, the sensational episode of the film.

Sameera Reddy, Divya and Antria are the other heroines who are sharing the lead roles with Simran.

Link - http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2008/simran-surya-vaaranam-ayiram-260208.html[/tscii:70bb8213fa]

Devar Magan
3rd April 2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvZEcW5Apw

:clap:

leosimha
3rd April 2008, 06:03 PM

wow :clap: simply superb...surya exercising and see his body man....is it for Vaaranam Aayiram?

Ramakrishna
3rd April 2008, 07:51 PM

adra adraa adraa :clap: Backround la Kwaaja mere Kwaaja Song :thumbsup:

Kalyasi
3rd April 2008, 08:11 PM

wow :clap: simply superb...surya exercising and see his body man....is it for Vaaranam Aayiram?

No its for Ayan that he is building Muscles... Lat thaarumaaru

Devar Magan
3rd April 2008, 09:36 PM

adra adraa adraa :clap: Backround la Kwaaja mere Kwaaja Song :thumbsup: :banghead:

Ramakrishna
3rd April 2008, 09:46 PM

adra adraa adraa :clap: Backround la Kwaaja mere Kwaaja Song :thumbsup: :banghead:

:huh:

leosimha
5th May 2008, 12:21 PM
[tscii:ecc7fb0420]

Surya bares his six pack abs

http://im.sify.com/sifycmsimg/may2008/Entertainment/Movies/14665887_suryaabs2.jpg

Surya bares his six pack abs for sify

Surya has really done the impossible. He has managed to get the six pack abs that any youngster would die for and it was not an overnight phenomenon. Along with his personal trainer Alkhas, he was going through a rigorous routine and a strict diet for 4 months to get the six pack.

http://im.sify.com/sifycmsimg/may2008/Entertainment/Movies/14665888_suryaabs1.jpg

The reason for developing this six-pack is, for his role in “Vaaranam Aayiram”, where it demands it. This transformation is to get into the skin of the character he plays was deliberate. Suddenly he looks the fittest action hero in Kollywood, with his “Rambo” like chiseled abs.

http://im.sify.com/sifycmsimg/may2008/Entertainment/Movies/14665889_suryaabs3.jpg

Surya confessed that it was Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan who introduced him to Alkhas, who came down to Chennai and monitored Surya’s diet and workouts. He was forced to follow a very strict diet. The actor feels he was successful because he maintained his diet regime strictly and did not touch any rich oily food or carbohydrates

http://im.sify.com/sifycmsimg/may2008/Entertainment/Movies/14666294_suryaabs5.jpg

Now Surya’s female fan following are going to increase, and the young generation considers abs as the in-thing, for that great “shirtless look”, made popular by Salman Khan and SRK in “Om Shanti Om” is going to catch up in Kollywood.

http://im.sify.com/sifycmsimg/may2008/Entertainment/Movies/Tamil/14666353_suryaabs8.jpg

Says Surya: “I’m glad that I took fitness seriously, because as a hero who does action scenes, it’s got to look convincing on screen.” Surya combined his diet along with exercises as crunches, hanging leg races etc. His good friend ‘Acme’ Ramesh imported some machines for Surya’s use at his private gym.

[/tscii:ecc7fb0420]

Link - http://sify.com/movies/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14665899

ThalaNass
5th May 2008, 12:45 PM
WoW Surya :D :notworthy:

Kalyasi
5th May 2008, 12:56 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaala.... Tharu maaru

Mahen
5th May 2008, 01:10 PM
Finally a tamil hero with a rocking physique :clap: :clap:

leosimha
5th May 2008, 05:14 PM
[tscii:31497537e8]

Click on the link to see the Picture - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=3008001

‘Abs’olutely great: Surya. (TOI Photo)

Power packed
4 May 2008, 0000 hrs IST,Sreedhar Pillai

You just have to hand it over to Surya. That this guy could essay all kinds of role and get into the soul of any character he played, we all knew.

But could you ever have imagined his bronzed body highlighted with rippling muscles, bulging biceps, terrific triceps and six-pack abs? Not possible, you say? Well, what do you know.

Surya is indeed showing off a whole new body. Move over SRK and Sly Stallone, Surya's the new guy on the block with the hottest body this season.

Surya's beefcake look has everything to do with his getting into the skin of his character for Gautham Vasudev Menon's Vaaranam Aayiram. And before you can say dumbbells, you realise Surya's never looked this fit before with his Ramboesque chiseled abs. Speaking to Chennai Times at his well-equipped personal gym, the actor, thrilled with his image makeover, says "It took a lot of hard work and sweat, nearly four months of a controlled diet and workouts to build my six-pack abs. No pumping steroids or popping pills for me. I am proud of it."

Since the film demanded that Surya look this fit and muscular, the actor got into the act right away. "A mean and macho look is necessary in the second half of the film, where there are a lot of action scenes.

After discussing with Gautham, I decided to go for this look to make my role, in which my character ages from 16 to 64, look convincing. ."

It was around this time that he bumped into Aamir Khan, who is doing Surya's Ghajini remake in Hindi. Khan advised that Surya go for a trainer and be "systematic and devoted" to this body-building commitment.

"In Mumbai, I got introduced to Alkhas, who was recommended by Aamir, and decided to give him a try. He came down to Chennai and monitored my diet and workouts from middle of December, at a time when I had the thin pencil like look for my character's younger days. In the beginning it was difficult, what with my busy shooting schedule, but slowly I got used to it and even started liking it,” says the actor with a chuckle.

Surya was forced to follow a very strict diet. The actor feels he was successful in losing 10kg because he followed his diet regime religiously and did not touch any rich oily food or carbohydrates like white rice, pastries, sweets, white bread or red meat.
He combined his diet with workouts and exercises, such as crunches and leg lifts.

One of his close friends had imported some machines which were set up at his gym and he used to do all his exercises there. Alkhas also taught him the importance of cardio workouts and strength training with weights to build muscles, so as to raise metabolism in order to lose weight and burn fat naturally. Added Surya: "The small frequent meals raised my metabolism and helped me build lean muscle mass. I' m glad I took fitness seriously, because as a hero who does action scenes, I have to look convincing on screen."

The only thing he missed was his frequent eating-out with his lovely wife Jyothika. Says Surya with a tinge of sadness: "Jo and I are foodies, I miss my mom's homemade food the most. Jo does not like to go out with me, because I don't touch the food we order. Earlier, we always used to share her favourite dessert brownie with vanilla ice-cream at the end of the meal."
However Surya can take heart that he will be the only hero in Kollywood with a six-pack abs. According to a survey conducted recently, most women consider six-pack abs as the most attractive part of Hollywood and Bollywood hunks.

Today more than half a dozen Bollywood stars are working on their abs, including guys like Shahid Kapoor, who says, " Sexy muscle is a symbol of a fit andhealthy man". As Surya concludes- " I have started liking this look and will maintain it for my next film Ayan. Initially it took a while for the idea to sink in, but now I'm comfortable with my new look." Surya's rippling six-pack abs will create a new trend in the male- dominated Kollywood, where physical looks hardly mattered till now.

Link - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/India_Buzz/Power_packed_/articleshow/3007709.cms[/tscii:31497537e8]

joe
6th May 2008, 12:38 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/IMAGES1/SuryaSixPack.jpg

Unmaiyilaye ithu Surya Thaana? :o

leosimha
6th May 2008, 01:02 PM

yes, joe..it is surya only....

did you see the video posted by one of the hubbers...I guess DM...that video shows Surya doing tuff exercise...

CEDYBLUE
6th May 2008, 02:19 PM
rocking surya!

directhit
6th May 2008, 02:38 PM

Unmaiyilaye ithu Surya Thaana? :o video was good - indha fotos la ennamo touch up panna feel :oops: oru madhiri kazhuthu kitta ottaaama irukku - perhaps i need an eye test :?

Kalyasi
6th May 2008, 02:43 PM

Unmaiyilaye ithu Surya Thaana? :o video was good - indha fotos la ennamo touch up panna feel :oops: oru madhiri kazhuthu kitta ottaaama irukku - perhaps i need an eye test :?

Illa anoops athu surya thaan...

crajkumar_be
6th May 2008, 02:45 PM
Like DM said, thaaru maaru!

video was good - indha fotos la ennamo touch up panna feel :oops: oru madhiri kazhuthu kitta ottaaama irukku - perhaps i need an eye test :?
:shock: Exactly my thoughts :oops:

Also, his face has changed. indha madhiri adhigama excercise panna pala perukku face maruma? Even in the kandhasamy getup, Vikram's face looks odd..

cancer
6th May 2008, 02:48 PM

video was good - indha fotos la ennamo touch up panna feel :oops: oru madhiri kazhuthu kitta ottaaama irukku - perhaps i need an eye test :?

Also, his face has changed. indha madhiri adhigama excercise panna pala perukku face maruma? Even in the kandhasamy getup, Vikram's face looks odd..

Yes ofcourse.

Surya looks too good. :P but his charisma miss in his face :oops:

Kalyasi
6th May 2008, 02:52 PM

athukku per thaan wood cut nu naa pona gym la solluvaanga.. over a weight poduvaan oruthaan, ethukku da na, face la wood cut venum nu solluvaan... carpenter kitta poga vendiyathu thaane wood cut venum na :wink:

leosimha
6th May 2008, 03:40 PM

athukku per thaan wood cut nu naa pona gym la solluvaanga.. over a weight poduvaan oruthaan, ethukku da na, face la wood cut venum nu solluvaan... carpenter kitta poga vendiyathu thaane wood cut venum na :wink:

:lol: :rotfl:

leosimha
6th May 2008, 05:55 PM
[tscii:233a1b7e7b]

A fitter, younger and smarter Suriya

Express Features

Whoever said Tamil actors were all about flab and hanging bellies just have to see actor Suriya now. The actor, who is now working with Gautham Menon on Vaaranam Aayiram, has worked hard on his look and developed a six pack abdomen.

One of the requirements of the script was that he had a well toned body. In Vaaranam Aayiram, Suriya’s screen age spans from 17 to 65 years.

What is now a visibly toned body required the actor to work out rigorously for eight months under the strict supervision of a skilled trainer. The result of that is a leaner, muscular Suriya, all set to send his fans into a tizzy.

The first hero in Kollywood to train hard and achieve the elusive six pack abs, Suriya reveals, "It was the character and the script which inspired me to work towards achieving this lean, muscular look and a six pack. I felt It would lend more credibility to the character I am playing."

m expresso@epmltd.com

Link - http://www.newindpress.com/Startrek/News.asp?Page=&ID=IEE20080506001902[/tscii:233a1b7e7b]

ajithfederer
6th May 2008, 10:22 PM
Yes it does change. :oops:

cujoo
7th May 2008, 12:29 AM
Looks like Ajith fans contributing Everywhere :lol:

joe
7th May 2008, 07:08 AM
Arnold of Tamil cinema?
http://pstlpost.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post_06.html

Nerd
7th May 2008, 09:28 AM

EKSI.. :shock: yERkanavE sittugaL ellAm surya surya -nu uyira viduvaaLuga :oops:

Sinthiya
7th May 2008, 09:52 AM
http://sify.com/movies/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14665899
:o :cool2: ...wow... :P ...he looks soooo young...wow, he's an inspiration for all guys & gyals out there :lol:

though he lost his handsome & mature look... :P whatever, he's got a six-pack...who cares :lol: :oops: ...

MADDY
7th May 2008, 09:59 AM
EKSI.. :shock: yERkanavE sittugaL ellAm surya surya -nu uyira viduvaaLuga :oops:

wow... Razz ...he looks soooo young...wow, he's an inspiration for all guys

there goes one :lol: ........but i really feel good that some tamil hero is going for a great physique 8-)

littlemaster1982
7th May 2008, 10:01 AM
Arnold of Tamil cinema?
http://pstlpost.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post_06.html

Arnold ellam konjam over :twisted:

Thirumaran
7th May 2008, 01:31 PM
Inimaelaavathu Surya pathi discuss pannalaam :mrgreen: :oops:

leosimha
7th May 2008, 01:52 PM
Inimaelaavathu Surya pathi discuss pannalaam :mrgreen: :oops:

yes, Mr. Green :mrgreen:

P_R
7th May 2008, 02:23 PM
Six packs are abnormal.
An actor should be able to reflect the look of his character. I doubt if he is playing a body builder. So the six-pack does not reflect his dedication , as our rags may mindlessly comment. It is just vetti bandhaa.

thambi oru ENO kuduppA.