Lets discuss here who will be the top composer next year and onwards

Will it be ARR
YSR
Harris J
Baradhwaj

or the Maestro Isainyani himself !

Hulkster
4th November 2006, 03:03 PM
Well it depends on how good the albums are musically. If you talk commercially then whoever gets the best production house consistently will stand in.

Seriously IR and ARR have moven on to legend status and are more of composers that are going into non-filmi music rather than fight it out with the current crop. Besides they have already proven their mettle so theres no competition there.

I guess its between YSR and HJ and my personal favourite Vidyasagar...who i have a feeling might continue his current musical streak into the new year. :D

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th November 2006, 03:33 PM
i feel that Hj will give good songs, that means songs you can listen for long time. whatever arr gives for sivaji, will reach the extreme peak at that time but will diminish soon. best examples are muthu padayappa ect. both has enjoyment songs, even now if u play kikku eruthey, or annanoda paattu, the crowd will dance for sure,NOT FOR ARR BUT FOR RAJNI. there is no music in those films. baba was a good try but not a musical hit, eventho i like baba music and bgm, personally.

Only films like kakka kakka VV and so has become musical hits, not rajini films, they are made for mass. iam sure HJ will give nice melodies and peppy music for beema, pachaikkili and other films he works on.

yuvan, at his age and with less knowledge\exerience has done his best but comparitively, i feel still he has long way to go.

Ilayarahja, on otherhand will expect a sceenplay which should kinder his musical skills, a story which will emote him, or a situatuion that will challenge him, when that happens, raja's mind
will automatically give best, that is raja, and no other MD has this skill.

So its ARR who has to prove himself with good numbers like alaipayuthey, bombay ect something which will last long

apart, i feel harris is the 2nd or 3rd best, after raja

Sanjeevi
4th November 2006, 04:22 PM
It will be none other than Yuvan
Lets wait and see

He has chain of films to be released in forthcoming days including Satham podathey (PKP combo), Paruthi veeran, Ithu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam (Selva), Kireedom (Ajith)

MADDY
4th November 2006, 06:56 PM
i feel that Hj will give good songs, that means songs you can listen for long time. whatever arr gives for sivaji, will reach the extreme peak at that time but will diminish soon. best examples are muthu padayappa ect. both has enjoyment songs, even now if u play kikku eruthey, or annanoda paattu, the crowd will dance for sure,NOT FOR ARR BUT FOR RAJNI. there is no music in those films. baba was a good try but not a musical hit, eventho i like baba music and bgm, personally.

Only films like kakka kakka VV and so has become musical hits, not rajini films, they are made for mass. iam sure HJ will give nice melodies and peppy music for beema, pachaikkili and other films he works on.

yuvan, at his age and with less knowledge\exerience has done his best but comparitively, i feel still he has long way to go.

Ilayarahja, on otherhand will expect a sceenplay which should kinder his musical skills, a story which will emote him, or a situatuion that will challenge him, when that happens, raja's mind
will automatically give best, that is raja, and no other MD has this skill.

So its ARR who has to prove himself with good numbers like alaipayuthey, bombay ect something which will last long

apart, i feel harris is the 2nd or 3rd best, after raja

come on u r joking sakala......r u saying that uyirin uyire (kaakha Kaakha) is playing still on ur winamp??? only fans keep listening to their MDs old songs.....for u guys its IR's songs, for us its ARR's songs......best ex: suttum vizhi......i havent heard anyone playing that song for a long time now....

FYI, i still enjoy listening to Padayappa........

moreover, ARR is a global figure.......his LOTR is still running successfully......he need not prove anything to anybody....not even his HC fans........ur statement "So its ARR who has to prove himself with good numbers like alaipayuthey, bombay ect something which will last long" looks like "so its Kamal who has to prove himself with good performances likke Nayagan,Guna which were of high quality" after his MX flopped.........

indha karmathukku dhaan indha aala tamil pakkame vara venannu sonna ketkaraara??? :banghead: ......seriously, ARR shuld stop giving commercial films which puts him in race with all his clones and his predecessors's remixers.........he shuld take IR's way of giving music for offbeat films, if at all he wants to give tamil music.....but for him Bollywood is the best place......

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th November 2006, 07:14 PM
maddy, thanks 4 thowing gud light, idont want to discuss this like a kamal vs rajini bcos i take music seriously. and seriously i would say arr's music for rajini is not THA BEST. its just ok. not even near to 'all time' stuff. u shud agree arr's pressure to please rajini fans. and if suttum vizhi is not played anywhere, that may be a not-so-good song, but that doesnt limit harris, or any other.

the point is arr has quite less canses with a rajini movie, u can say its a shankar movie too, but ts a rjini movie 1st. i doubt sivaji becoming a muscial hit or so, even if it becomes, there are more chances for other films, even arr's films to beat that. out of 5 songs, 4 in sivaji has the pressure to please fns, he cannot put nice melody. he may have to put ultimate hearing techno sound ect all. and that cannot be music......

maybe guru has the chances to become more musical than sivaji, while sivaji WILL be the best audio grosser.

i still hav to hear arr's non-indian compositions, and anyway we r not discussing abt a compoers work, its only abt 2007 tamil films.

uyirin uyirey is all time much better than any of the song in last 5 films or arr....take one from new, SOK, or any other songs, again dont bring in his bollywood films too.

i didnt denied arr's potentioal, i just said that its bit long time he satisfied tamil audience, right?

for kamal, anbe sivam \ virumaandi is not films just 2004, and vv has its own class, and dasa is on everyone's expectaion list..........deal done

Aandavan
4th November 2006, 07:14 PM
-deleted with warning -

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th November 2006, 07:18 PM
dot put wall-banging icons, i like arr very much and its just a fan's req. i worry why he went to such an experimental mode kinda thing, can u recall the 1st song in SOK, was the situatio that tough for him give a decent melody??? it seems he puts lot of effort in holly and bolly, then why sign medium budget tamil films like SOK, new ect?

Aandavan
4th November 2006, 07:23 PM
dot put wall-banging icons, i like arr very much and its just a fan's req. i worry why he went to such an experimental mode kinda thing, can u recall the 1st song in SOK, was the situatio that tough for him give a decent melody??? it seems he puts lot of effort in holly and bolly, then why sign medium budget tamil films like SOK, new ect?ARR never minds about the movie or the song situation.. he will just give a song that sounds good to the "modern" youth.. it will be very bad at the first hearing... many will like it after hearing it a 100 times... and then, the song will be forgotten...

most of ARR's songs are like this.. but some are really good, like those songs which i listen daily.. 8-)

MADDY
4th November 2006, 07:59 PM
sakala, u think ARR has only Rajini movie next year......i cant help it actually, he has another low profile movie in his hand too......he has a vijay movie too.........i'm really hopeful....

sakala, i dont get ur point at all.......uyirin uyire was btter than NYNagaram??? sorry boss, we'll close our arguement here only..... :D

u want to praise a clone and expect the master to do something different??? btw, i doubt whether u heard Innisai.......tell me a song better than this year.....

MADDY
4th November 2006, 08:08 PM
dot put wall-banging icons, i like arr very much and its just a fan's req. i worry why he went to such an experimental mode kinda thing, can u recall the 1st song in SOK, was the situatio that tough for him give a decent melody??? it seems he puts lot of effort in holly and bolly, then why sign medium budget tamil films like SOK, new ect?

sakala, actually he was ready to do 10A as well until he was unfortunately chucked out........he is ready to do any movie that he feels gud abt......hes like ajith in this case.....they both think from heart rather than brain while choosing movies......and man, didnt he give gud songs in SOK??? i thot they were topping the charts for a long time......NYN plays non stop in my office......infact while posting only its playing on sun music..... :lol: .......he has given a musical hit in SOK and a box office hit in Varalaaru, wat else u need him to do???

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th November 2006, 08:16 PM
musical hit in sok
box office hit in varalaru....

hmm ok accept pannikaren.......vera enna solla

suntv plays all songs and NYN surely will be there........but pls dont tell thats a very good song. its not a song wich raised rehmaan's bar. i think ARR's last successful attempt was BOYS. all songs were a hit and some,superhit.

for me, i hav to wait for a good arr song

tell me, can u recall the 1st song in SOK?(surya-jo marriage) whats ur comment on that?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th November 2006, 08:19 PM
sakala, actually he was ready to do 10A as well until he was unfortunately chucked out.......

what hapenned?.....me to sad on ARR not doing dasa :cry: , i dunno the reason.......

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th November 2006, 08:20 PM
did u say HJ a clone? if so, of whom?

kb
4th November 2006, 08:25 PM
ARR is gonna do the music for Vijay's ATM :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

so obviously best song of year will be in that movie na 8-) or maybe after rajinis shivaji opening song :?

Aandavan
4th November 2006, 09:49 PM
sakala, u think ARR has only Rajini movie next year......i cant help it actually, he has another low profile movie in his hand too......he has a vijay movie too.........i'm really hopeful....[/b]u can only hope

sakala, i dont get ur point at all.......uyirin uyire was btter than NYNagaram??? sorry boss, we'll close our arguement here only..... :D uyirin uyire is 1000 times better than NYN.. the former has much better music, lyrics, singing anf picturisation...

u want to praise a clone and expect the master to do something different??? btw, i doubt whether u heard Innisai.......tell me a song better than this year..... first u said that SOK album is much better than varalaaru's and u also told that NYN is better than innisai... but, now u say that innisai is way better..nee enna thaan sollla vara..... :lol: :lol: poi oru psychologist-a paaru 8-)

kb
4th November 2006, 09:56 PM
ARR has shivaji,ATM and chakkarakatti as of now..

villan007
5th November 2006, 12:13 AM
shivaji onne pothum adutha varudam ARR pugazh paada :cool:

Nerd
5th November 2006, 12:22 AM
If you ask me who will be the most popular MD then its a race b/w yuvan and harris. ARR since, he is working with two BIG stars might also join this race. But in terms of quality, ARR will be miles ahead 8-)

NYN, munbE vaa, innisai, theeyil vizhundha will feature in the top 10 songs of 2006 of any SANE music follower 8-)

I dont listen to uyirin uyirE, suttum vizhi etc., I listen to muthu/padayappA songs and the bAbA rap too. For that matter I still listen to swaasamE from thenaali.

Also its a common belief that ARR songs wont last for a long time. I still cant find anyone who says albums like thirudA thirudA, kaadhalan are boring. 8-)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th November 2006, 12:29 AM
nerd, kekkanumnu nenchaal even muthu padayappa will be good only, but i feel its only a rjini hit, and there was no musical highness in those rajini film, as i said b4 baba was a good try, good experimental attempt but in a wrong film.....no one says or like aor likes to hear baba music, baba rap is a RAP so dont bring it into pic, or else bring in all the raps kinda songs in tamil

yes, albums like thiruda, dil se, jeans, taal are all timers, but we talk abt current hits.

i think HJ is somewhat close to ARR and yuvan is less than HJ.

NYN munbe vaa innisai will\may feature in top 10 but VV will sit in top 5. no doubt for this and i dont say this bcos of kamal.

first of all, ARR song hit enraal ellaarrkume therinjirukkum, SOK and GF can be semi hits i think they are not hit in all the places, or so...

P_R
5th November 2006, 12:31 AM
I dont listen to uyirin uyirE, suttum vizhi etc., I listen to muthu/padayappA songs and the bAbA rap too. For that matter I still listen to swaasamE from thenaali.

Also its a common belief that ARR songs wont last for a long time. I still cant find anyone who says albums like thirudA thirudA, kaadhalan are boring. I enjoy Harris and YSR songs in the season when the movies are out (and even for that matter when someone else requests on the radio (ayyo line kidaichu avvalavu sandhOsama irukkunga, irunga enga paatti kitta phone kudukkarEn). But very rarely searched for their pieces to listen. Whereas every now and them I catch myself looking up En Mel Vizhundha Mazhai ThuLiyE, Enge Enadhu Kavidhai etc.

Perhaps it will take a few years of nostalgia to search for Kan pEsum VaarthaigaL or Venmadhi.

Ramakrishna
5th November 2006, 12:32 AM
Also its a common belief that ARR songs wont last for a long time. I still cant find anyone who says albums like thirudA thirudA, kaadhalan are boring. 8-)

I feel it is a common belief only among one particular group of common people. :wink:

Unicorn
5th November 2006, 12:32 AM
:exactly: and Roja..Will remain in my playlist forever.
Roja was featured in TIME magazine among the 10 all time best movie tracks.
And some ppl here compare rahmans masterpieces with some copied stuff :cry2:
Perhaps ppl like Richard Corliss kno rahmanics better than we indians :roll:
http://www.time.com/time/columnist/corliss/article/0,9565,1013198-1,00.html
Anyway chk out this article :)

If you ask me who will be the most popular MD then its a race b/w yuvan and harris. ARR since, he is working with two BIG stars might also join this race. But in terms of quality, ARR will be miles ahead 8-)

NYN, munbE vaa, innisai, theeyil vizhundha will feature in the top 10 songs of 2006 of any SANE music follower 8-)

Nerd
5th November 2006, 12:34 AM
Well thats the problem. Almost all the post-2000 movies which had ARR music are flops, that doesnt mean that the songs were bad 8-) So music of a flop movie wont reach the masses !!

And I would rate YSR after ARR coz even this year he had two outstanding albums, pudhupettai and vallavan.

HJ, yeh VV two songs are really good(partha, manjal veyyil), would feature in top 10. And IMHO, harris songs wont last for more than a year (very few exceptions). In this aspect YSR scores better.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th November 2006, 12:38 AM
no doubt that ARR has all time classics, but its a worry by fans like me that his current albums dont try to join that list....

he is not trendy nowadays...SOK is a best example, even GF can be left out, as he was busy in LOTR at that time....

praburam, do u mean to say Hj dont haveany all time classics in his bag? i dont think so...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th November 2006, 12:39 AM
you will see this years top 5 slot having VV. whats the song to get 1st position in 2006? any guess, i would say, its from VV

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th November 2006, 12:43 AM
Almost all the post-2000 movies which had ARR music are flops, that doesnt mean that the songs were bad 8-) So music of a flop movie wont reach the masses !!

no one said so, i think, in that case SOK is almost a flop and GF is becoming a Superhit

Nerd
5th November 2006, 12:58 AM
SOK is a flop alrite but the album is a hit and am extremely happy that it is. How many of you guys know about a timeless classic uyirum neeyE from pavithrA ?? Even a majority of ARR fans wont know about that song. But please give it a listen and tell me. That IMHO is one of ARR's all time best.

Btw, in terms of popularity I think its either YSR/Harris is the #1 now but in terms of quality they are behind ARR is my argument.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th November 2006, 01:04 AM
can u recall the 1st song in SOK?why is it so bad, is that situation a complex one for ARR?

NYN and munbevaa is better(for me)

machakkari is a hear-one-and-forget type

maja maja is a waste

so the whole album is NOT AT ALL a hit

same case in GF too, maybe 1 or 2 songs but not all.

anyway lets wait as he has his BIG offerings, Sivaji and Guru, thsi year

great
5th November 2006, 01:07 AM
How many of you guys know about a timeless classic uyirum neeyE from pavithrA ?? Even a majority of ARR fans wont know about that song. But please give it a listen and tell me.

Best song and One more album May Maadham simply the best :thumbsup:

Nerd
5th November 2006, 01:08 AM
Whats the first song u talking about the title song ?? or the gummiiyadi ?? I liked both. gummiyadi was picturized really well and it suited the marriage occassion :o

Omg.. tell me an album in which all the songs are GOOD, post 2000 :shock:

VV -- neruppE/uyirilE are very ordinary. Karka karka average

gajini -- X machi/rangola and one more :banghead:

But when u take good songs alone from those movies, IMO NYN/munbE vaa sound better than manjaL veyyil/paarththa mudhal naaLE 8-)

later :wave:

hub rap
5th November 2006, 02:23 AM
i remember reading an interview some ten months back..... rahman was doing quite a few films then. the concluding question for that interview was "the album to look for?" and he said rang de basanti. Now, i dont expect anybody to deny that RDB is the biggest blockbuster of the year. that's rahman for me. he knows which movie is worth giving his efforts for. putting his full efforts, he beats anybody by miles.

tell me any one movie which in spite of having a great presentation, was bungled by rahman. but, i can definitely name you bad films that ran a few days just because of his music. films like ah aah, new, kangalal kaidhu sei, me 20 u 18, kadhal virus... don't deserve music any better than this. still, there were quite a few great songs in these movies. He didnt disappoint me in new, kangalal kaidhu sei, udhaya, paarthalae paravasam, ah aah. but, god father, SOK, parasuram... were pretty ordinary. am talking about only of films that got released after tenali. till then, he was just incomparable.

i dont mind him giving only three movies a year. but, i just can tolerate mediocrity from him which, gives others a chance to compare him with people lesser than ilayaraja's calibre. i wish he had just rejected these movies. i remember he was forced to do baba. cant help it.

coming to the point, considering the movies and the number of movies(rahman's) that are to be released in 2007, lajjo having postponed for six months, he has ample time and talent to pull the air out of others' balloons.

"when the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber" - winston churchill. that tells the whole story. :musicsmile:

hub rap
5th November 2006, 02:28 AM
i dont understand the mystery of the s j surya-simbu movie (initially named AC). its there in wiki's list one day and the other day, its not? s j surya puts enough efforts to picturise the songs... am waiting for this movie for two reasons, one - rahman's music and two - s j surya is not acting in it.

Ulaganayagan
5th November 2006, 08:19 AM
Hullo!!!! Where's Srikanth Deva :shock: :shock:
Have guys forgotten super hits like ''Miya Miya Miya,Aasai Vacha Miya'',
''Pottu Thakku,Pottu Thakku'' and ''Kuthu Kuthu Egiri Kuthu'' etc..Not to mention some other timeless classics (which im at a loss to recall right now :P )..Please guys..give credit to talent,where its due.. :oops: :oops:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th November 2006, 12:19 PM
Whats the first song u talking about the title song ?? or the gummiiyadi ?? I liked both. gummiyadi was picturized really well and it suited the marriage occassion :o

Omg.. tell me an album in which all the songs are GOOD, post 2000 :shock:

VV -- neruppE/uyirilE are very ordinary. Karka karka average

gajini -- X machi/rangola and one more :banghead:

But when u take good songs alone from those movies, IMO NYN/munbE vaa sound better than manjaL veyyil/paarththa mudhal naaLE 8-)

later :wave:

I didnt tell that VV album ON THE WHOLeEwas a superht, i too disliked nerupe, apart, all the songs has verygood picturisation.

if you would have said before tiself that you liked gummiyadi, i would have lsft the arguement there.

some one here tells that ARR dotn put his maz effort in all movies, and his efforts are based on various reasons......but we fans consider all of his albums. in currect situation ARR is not faring well compared to other composers, we understand his concentration is on forthcoming movies,as i said, lets wait.....

MADDY
5th November 2006, 02:19 PM
I didnt tell that VV album ON THE WHOLeEwas a superht, i too disliked nerupe, apart, all the songs has verygood picturisation.

if you would have said before tiself that you liked gummiyadi, i would have lsft the arguement there.

some one here tells that ARR dotn put his maz effort in all movies, and his efforts are based on various reasons......but we fans consider all of his albums. in currect situation ARR is not faring well compared to other composers, we understand his concentration is on forthcoming movies,as i said, lets wait.....

sakala, u've got to understand that ARR is a 40 yr old now and looks to do something meaningful.......ofcourse he has given songs like kamma karari and Majaa majaa, no doubt but he wants to come out of popular music and do some experimentation........i guess we fans have started to respect it.........his role in todays tfm has changed just like sachins in Indian team.....no longer he is the big chartbuster producer, he wants to give someting that pleases im and his fans......hope u have got this point....

ivalavu sollreengale, y does HJ have to give music in ARR's style still??? y cant he give a new style??? honestly tell me, dont u feel HJ's songs are like ARR's 90 songs???
sakala, pls dont talk abt VV......paartha mudhal naal is a rip off from a bappi lehari song.......neruppae was sumar......manjal veyil is good...thats it.......the album was a hit bcos of picturisation.......do u know, that marriage song in SOK got rave reviews b4 movie release.......but bcos of ordinary picturisation, u r telling like this.....

btw, u r telling as a fan as a fan......r u talking as a kamal fan or ARR fan??? :lol: ........

aruvi
5th November 2006, 10:46 PM
I guess we can bank on HJ to give a commercial hit. The other 3, right now, are inconsistent. Even ARR's SOK was not appreciated that much. Only song that was favoured unanimously was Munbe Vaa.