PDA

View Full Version : Death penalty for Saddam Hussain

Nakeeran
6th November 2006, 04:00 PM
The verdict by the Iraqi court was announced yesterday.

Saddam was sentenced to death penalty now

Is the decision justified ?

Or the pressure from US to silence him has worked ?

Becaz , the US invasion on Iraq was on the grounds that Saddam possessed neuclear weapons of mass destruction

but nothing of such was found out ultimately .

Later they tried to nab him on some old crimes ostensibly committed 10 years back ! :shock:

Is this Saddam penalty, another case of US domination or what ?

Lets discuss

crazy
6th November 2006, 06:11 PM
Saddam deserves it...........

Sanguine Sridhar
6th November 2006, 06:13 PM
Why we need to support a criminal? It is correct.If any of our relatives (for a word) is there in the list of deaths because of Saddams's cruelty will we forgive him? We are not Jesus Christ!

Alan
6th November 2006, 06:32 PM
Of course, it is justified! Esp for someone who was already sentenced death once!!!! Is there even a need for a poll like this?

temporary sori-Observer
6th November 2006, 08:52 PM
Pala naaL dictator oru naaL agap pattaan :twisted: :fishgrin: :twisted:

Nakeeran
6th November 2006, 09:41 PM
Why we need to support a criminal? It is correct.If any of our relatives (for a word) is there in the list of deaths because of Saddams's cruelty will we forgive him? We are not Jesus Christ!

Sridhar sir

Will U apply the same logic on Bush also ? Is that second war on Iraq necessary at all ?

1000s died becaz of the war & billions were lost

The whole Iraq is blown to smithereens becaz of the war by Americans.

Any justification for this ?

Sanguine Sridhar
6th November 2006, 09:48 PM
Did i say that Bush is a God anywhere, did i?

chevy
7th November 2006, 08:42 AM
Saddam deserves it........... well ..death sentence by itself is not right.

Can death make a person sensible ?
No.

ofcourse other people will realize that they ll have to face death and refrain from crime. But how many lunatic criminals consider their crimes more important than the death sentence they ll have to face.

Punishments are to make people realize their mistakes. Solitary confinement and hard labour and psychological treatment will atleast do something to their character.

Death sentence or simply "legally killing" isn't right for anyone. and it's against nature. Who are we, to decide who is to die when.

Well he was a dominator , has made lives of people miserable.... there are so many others as well. Just because he got the way of the Americans he s facing this.

I guess we should start arguing as to whether death sentence is right or wrong now... lol.

I don't know. But i guess, he should rather live in solitary confinement and may be see his own country , with time, grow into a peaceful and prosperous one WITHOUT him. That will hurt more than anything. When the world talks about you in a lowly manner.

If he's dead. Then people will stop talking about him and he'll die cursing Bush !!

temporary sori-Observer
7th November 2006, 08:52 AM
Punishments are to make people realize their mistakes. Solitary confinement and hard labour and psychological treatment will atleast do something to their character.
[tscii:2ebc908561]º¾¡õ ±ýÉ Å.¯.º¢-¡? «Å¨É ¦ºì¸¢Øì¸ ¦Å츢ÈÐìÌ? ¦ƒÂ¢ø¦Ä þÕóи¢ðÎ «Åý ±ýÉ Á¸¡À¡Ã¾ ¯¨Ã¡ ±Ø¾ô §À¡È¡ý? :fishgrin: :lol2: :lol2:[/tscii:2ebc908561]

chevy
7th November 2006, 11:57 AM
[tscii:e4fcae509b]º¾¡õ ±ýÉ Å.¯.º¢-¡? «Å¨É ¦ºì¸¢Øì¸ ¦Å츢ÈÐìÌ? ¦ƒÂ¢ø¦Ä þÕóи¢ðÎ «Åý ±ýÉ Á¸¡À¡Ã¾ ¯¨Ã¡ ±Ø¾ô §À¡È¡ý? :fishgrin: :lol2: :lol2:[/tscii:e4fcae509b] dint get to read . some weird font .... .it .. could u put it in english ?

crazy
7th November 2006, 01:19 PM
chevy kanna:

saddam enna V.O.C'a? avanai sekkuizhukka vaikkiradhukku? jaila irundhu kittu avan enna mahabharatha uraiya ezhuda poraan?

Nakeeran
7th November 2006, 01:21 PM
A section of Iraqis have already started calling him a martyr now !
So lots of sympathy wave is getting generated.

Saddam would have been hated to the core if US had not invaded Iraq. The absence of chemical weapons has created lots of sympathy in favour of Saddam

crazy
7th November 2006, 01:26 PM

Saddam would have been hated to the core if US had not invaded Iraq. The absence of chemical weapons has created lots of sympathy in favour of Saddam

Who is showing their sympathy to saddam, baath partys member?!

Nakeeran
7th November 2006, 01:28 PM

Hi Crazy :D

Its Makkal makkal makkal. Podhu janam. U didnt watch BBC yesterday ?

crazy
7th November 2006, 01:29 PM

No.

Dear,
we dont have time to make him realize that he hasnt acted sensible or with humanity, when he gassed the kurdish people!
What he did is an unhuman act, and he simply desrves it!

If he's dead. Then people will stop talking about him and he'll die cursing Bush !!

Does it gonna make any difference when we ppl stop talking of him?
Let Bush and Saddam curse each other!

Nakeeran
7th November 2006, 01:30 PM
Crazy,

My point is , will u apply the same logic on Bushi also ? 1000s have lost their lives & property becaz of the war 2.

crazy
7th November 2006, 01:32 PM

Hi Crazy :D

Its Makkal makkal makkal. Podhu janam. U didnt watch BBC yesterday ?

Anna i didnt :( we only got CNN here
Those makkal for sure belongs to his home city or they might be sunni muslims

crazy
7th November 2006, 01:35 PM
Crazy,

My point is , will u apply the same logic on Bushi also ? 1000s have lost their lives & property becaz of the war 2.

Yes :) sandehame vendaam!

But as a non- american i dont care whats happening with them. I dont have time to think of them. I would rather focus on my country :roll: I dont care whether Bush is sentenced to death or damned to hell!
Its just the same

Nakeeran
7th November 2006, 01:42 PM
Lets see how other arab countries r going to react to this judgement

Particularly Iran

chevy
7th November 2006, 02:07 PM

No.

Dear,
we dont have time to make him realize that he hasnt acted sensible or with humanity, when he gassed the kurdish people!
What he did is an unhuman act, and he simply desrves it!

If he's dead. Then people will stop talking about him and he'll die cursing Bush !! Does it gonna make any difference when we ppl stop talking of him?
Let Bush and Saddam curse each other!WHETHER HE GETS SENSE OR NOT ..

WHO ARE WE, HUMANS , TO KILL HIM... I am against death sentence as a punishment..

as for saddam .. he is one moron ..accepted ..
but .. not death sentence...

and also .. if Saddam gets death sentence.. bush.. should get what??

boiling in hot oil??? no .. that's not enuf..

jaiganes
7th November 2006, 02:11 PM
Iran will rejoice of course.
Saddam was their arch enemy. Saddam was a ruthless person who ruled over a divided country in the only way anyone can run that country. I don't approve of his actions and like many politicians deserves the noose for many high handed actions he did. However the only thing to be pondered is what punishment is suitable for the people who let him grow to be a monster and those who abetted him in his noxious war crimes during the 8 year war with Iran(USA under Sr.Bush and Ronald Reagan greatly abetted his atrocities during that time!!).

crazy
7th November 2006, 02:11 PM
yes dear, let them both boil on hot oil

i wasnt the one who verdicted this sentence ................who r we to say against, if thats the verdict of iraqi people and court?!

dsath
7th November 2006, 03:51 PM
What the hell, hang him or not Iraq is damned at least for a decade. With elections around the corner, won't this sentence look good with the American public (i hope not) for Bush.
The sentence is not the final one, he can re-appeal and that can take years, decades, centuries and a few more lives depending on who is in the American president's chair.

Raghu
7th November 2006, 04:21 PM
so when does Bush get the honours of the electric chair then, dAMN IT, these Americans are nothing but WAR MORONS.

Nakeeran
7th November 2006, 04:27 PM
Who will sentence Bush ? Is there any international independant court which can summon George Bush for his massacre of 000s in Iraq courtesy the 2nd war ?

Am surprised that no arab country is coming out against US ! Is it out of fear of another invasion ?

India always try to be very diplomatic to any sensitive issue. Lets wait what Indian diplomacy respond to this becaz India & Iraq have been maintaining ties for long

Surya
7th November 2006, 11:28 PM
KARMA BABY!!! :boo: :boo: :boo:

That Fella's Karma finally caught up to him in the form of The United States Of America! 8-) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WHOOT WHOOT!! :boo: :boo: :boo:

Surya
7th November 2006, 11:29 PM
Thamizaga THalaivargal Saddam-in Marana Thandanaikku Kandanam - Some Tamil Daily

:rotfl: Dho Da! :rotfl: Haiyooo Haiyoo! :rotfl:

Surya
7th November 2006, 11:30 PM
I do agree though, IMO Bush deserves Jail Time Too...Execution..that maybe pushing it too far...but Jail time..I agree! 8-) 8-) he's a billionare, and after his term is over, he'll go back to his ranch in texas, and die of old age...but he can never get away from this Past Karma! 8-)

Do Remember... Saddam is no Saint...8-) Hang the Tard! 8-)

nilavupriyan
7th November 2006, 11:33 PM
bush cant be complained totally nor justified!

bsadham killed by ruling....bush by war...but bush is pushed to do by the fear of biological weapons etc(apdinu solikitainga ..oru mannum kedaikila)

mothathula nallaa oosi petrol kedachudhu bushu vandikku lorry lorriya

Surya
7th November 2006, 11:34 PM
What the hell, hang him or not Iraq is damned at least for a decade. With elections around the corner, won't this sentence look good with the American public (i hope not) for Bush.
The sentence is not the final one, he can re-appeal and that can take years, decades, centuries and a few more lives depending on who is in the American president's chair.

The AMerican President won't matter...Giving Clemency for Saddam would be Political Suicide, no matter who The PResident IS! 8-)

It isn't like India where terroists get forgiven even though they are proven guilty for killing innocent Indian Citizens! 8-)

crazy
7th November 2006, 11:34 PM
Thamizaga THalaivargal Saddam-in Marana Thandanaikku Kandanam - Some Tamil Daily

:rotfl: Dho Da! :rotfl: Haiyooo Haiyoo! :rotfl:

:lol: :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: :lol:

dsath
8th November 2006, 01:47 AM
The AMerican President won't matter...Giving Clemency for Saddam would be Political Suicide, no matter who The PResident IS! 8-)

It isn't like India where terroists get forgiven even though they are proven guilty for killing innocent Indian Citizens! 8-)

Whatever, i don't foresee him dying any time soon.

Surya
8th November 2006, 04:06 AM
As long as he ain't Free and breathin free air for the rest of his life (but he signed that contract when he messed with the US) 8-)

I just hope that they put him in a federal US Prison...if that happens...he'd commit suicide! :lol: and can ya blame him? :huh: :cry2: :lol: either way, The Republicans are gonna make sure that he gets what's coming to him to help their party atleast in the 2008 elections! 8-) Here's one of the very few things that I'm with the republicans on! 8-)

Badri
8th November 2006, 05:46 AM
Rather sad that the Republicans have to give Saddam his due to get help for their party in the elections!!! American politics are sure doing down the drain if meddling in other countries and passing justice there is the way to win elections at home!

Should I lament the American public for allowing this to happen? :roll:

temporary sori-Observer
8th November 2006, 06:41 AM
Mallu named his store Saddam stores and got money and a golden watch from him :fishgrin: :lol2:

Saddam uncle, neenga nallavaraa, kettavaraa?

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IER20061107114926&Page=R&Title=Kerala&Topic=0

Surya
8th November 2006, 08:17 AM
Rather sad that the Republicans have to give Saddam his due to get help for their party in the elections!!!

Pathetic Republicans Remain As Pathetic Republican! :lol2:

Opposing Gay Marriages didn't help their Poll...Opposing Abortions didn't help their Poll...Opposing Stem Cell Research didn't help their poll...:lol: No matter what one does, they need a strong leader to spearhead the party, and Bush isn't that leader! :oops:

Although Most People Support Giving Saddam the electrical chair! 8-)

American politics are sure doing down the drain if meddling in other countries and passing justice there is the way to win elections at home!

Politics everywhere are going down the drain. Terrorists are being Forgiven eventhough they're being proven guilty so that a pirticular party can get a mile ahead in the "Minority Appeasing" Game! What's worse than that?!...:banghead: Atleast American Politics hasn't gone THAT FAR down the drain. :exactly:

Ppl here don't support America meddeling in other countries, It is WIDELY ACCEPTED that the Iraq War was a HUGE MISTAKE by the general public! But We are there, we can't leave abrubtly, might as well put Saddam Out. He is no angel, if he can be hung for War Crimes..Why not?! Ppl say, "Who is bush to do that? He isn't a saint either!" SO WHAT?! Better have one Monster breathing than two. Atleast Bush won't be much after 2008. 8-)

Surya
8th November 2006, 08:20 AM
Saddam 'executed by end of year' 8-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6126404.stm

imsai
8th November 2006, 10:29 AM
Nakkeeran has read my mind; he reflects my opinions.

sentencing someone to death is an :evil: act.

Lambretta
8th November 2006, 06:12 PM
Does it gonna make any difference when we ppl stop talking of him?
Let Bush and Saddam curse each other!
:lol: :clap: Well said craze! :thumbsup:

Hulkster
8th November 2006, 06:17 PM
First of all no human has right to take another human's life.

Secondly sentencing saddam is of no use as what he has done has already been reflected and now being extended by terrorists.

Finally it would have been better if US had used Saddam to extract out how the terrorist network in the middle east works rather than just concentrate on executing him which is again wrong.

Avan avan kadavul nu ninaithaal manitha inam yeppadi pa theemaiyilirinthu moksham adeiyum? :cry2:

Nakeeran
8th November 2006, 06:21 PM
Nakkeeran has read my mind; he reflects my opinions.

sentencing someone to death is an :evil: act.

Thalaivaa Maaps

Yeah.

Besides, IMO, giving life sentence will be much more effective compared to a death sentence becaz all the sins of a person gets over ( in a flash ) if death penalty is given.
Whereas a life imprisonment makes that person undergo the hazards of prison life for long and will make him feel for his crimes :cry:

chevy
8th November 2006, 09:33 PM

: yeah .. that's my point too ..

Surya
8th November 2006, 10:38 PM

In that case no human has the right to take ANY life...what right do we have to kill another living thing?

So are we gonna all start turning into Vegetarians now? :huh: What right do humans have to kill another animal for our own pleasure? :huh: I'm already a vegetarian btw. 8-) :P

I'm not advocating murder, i'm advocating death sentence for ppl who deserve it. Saddam, Osama, etc.

Finally it would have been better if US had used Saddam to extract out how the terrorist network in the middle east works

He wasn't really directly involved in any terrorist activity for the past couple years, since he was in jail. Terrorist networks have changed SO much. They've adapted to the new enviorment. And the UN Intelligence knows what Saddam knows, and a whole lot more. 8-) Even though that still enough, but saddam is of no use.

giving life sentence will be much more effective compared to a death sentence becaz all the sins of a person gets over ( in a flash ) if death penalty is given.

Well...this isn't just about making him repent for his crimes against humanity. It's also a lot about giving a message to the middle east from the UN. Also Saddam dieing will change many things in world politics. For one, the US will be a lot more willing to leave Iraq. Which is what America needs @ this moment...

Lets Just Be Glad That The UN (Read as US 8-) ) is giving Saddam the very rights that he denied to hundrends of thousands of people before brutally murdering them. 8-)

Avan avan kadavul nu ninaithaal manitha inam yeppadi pa theemaiyilirinthu moksham adeiyum? :cry2:

What r ya talking abt hulk? :huh: This has nothing to do with god or religion. :?

Raghu
8th November 2006, 10:54 PM
[tscii:7071c2f3fa]ithellam poorva genma Karma vinaihal-pa, i know it is easy to say it, but surely Bush & co will pay for this.

I honestly feel Ugly Bush & co have committed much more manslaughter directly or indirectly around the Globe, compared to what Saddam has done, one should go back in history and remember all the crimes committed by various leaders in the world

Look at Israel and Palestine issues now, IRAQ was at least a peaceful country under sadam's dictator ship, now, the country is like a graveyard, i really don’t think UN or the international society will help in any way,USA/UK will suck more crude oil/petrol from the country till the last drop![/tscii:7071c2f3fa]

Nakeeran
8th November 2006, 11:05 PM
I'm not advocating murder, i'm advocating death sentence for ppl who deserve it. Saddam, Osama, etc.

Surya

Why Bush's name is not included ? :shock:

US is the perpetrator of terrorism & I feel Bill Clinton was far better ( Reagan as well ).
Blood bathing seems to be in Bush's genes .

Who will answer those innocent who lost their lives / continue to lose in Iraq due to the war ?

Look. For the sins of US policy makers, 9/11 happened :cry:

Surya
9th November 2006, 12:33 AM
ithellam poorva genma Karma vinaihal-pa,

:exactly:

i know it is easy to say it, but surely Bush & co will pay for this.

:yes:

IRAQ was at least a peaceful country under sadam's dictator ship, now, the country is like a graveyard,

Actually Iraq was Literally a Graveyard under Saddam. Hundreds of Thousands of bodies were found and are still being found burried in various parts of the nation, who were all victims of Saddam's Regime. :cry2:

I feel Bill Clinton was far better ( Reagan as well ).

I disagree on the US being the perpetrator of Terrorism, I'm not sure about Reagan, but BILL CLINTON!! :clap: :clap: BILL is my ALL TIME FAV President!! 8-) The Nation Thrived under his Presidency! 8-)

Blood bathing seems to be in Bush's genes .

Agreed! :D I've quoted this before, and I'm gonna do it again since I don't like Bush so MUCH! :x

"I'm a War President! I sit Here in the Oval Office, and Take Decisions with WAR on my mind!" - George W. Bush. :banghead: :banghead:

Who will answer those innocent who lost their lives / continue to lose in Iraq due to the war ?

No One. :( But that's what happens in all wars. Innocent People Loose Lives, Property etc.

But What's Even Worse, is that The Iraq War Was Completly Unneccery! :banghead: The Sole Reason was to fill Bush's (NOT AMERICA's!! AMERICA ISN'T GAINING SQUAT FROM THE WAR!) already overflowing pockets with more money! :banghead:

For the sins of US policy makers, 9/11 happened

Ppl keep saying this! :banghead: 9/11 cannot be justified by anyone! :banghead:

If 9/11 is Understandable, or Justifyable, then so is the death of ""innocent"" Muslims in Palestine and Iraq!! :D

9/11 happened because of nutless religious extreamists and nothing more!! :)

crazy
9th November 2006, 01:13 PM
Oh God :banghead:

swathy
9th November 2006, 01:58 PM
saddam enna V.O.C'a? avanai sekkuizhukka vaikkiradhukku? jaila irundhu kittu avan enna mahabharatha uraiya ezhuda poraan?

:lol:

selvakumar
9th November 2006, 05:39 PM
My question would be :

Who has to decide about Saddaam's destiny? entire IRAQI POPULATION or a bunch of idiots sitting in the WH ! :banghead:

If Sadaam's acts are cruel, then HOW ABT OUR INTELLIGENT US PRESIDENT :lol2: who treats the whole world as a graveyard ! :lol2:

Let the US people hang Sadaam ! :lol2: (People in the US will suppot it to the HELL)
Let the IRAQI's hang BUSH :lol2: (WHOLE WORLD WILL APPRECIATE IT) :D

chevy
9th November 2006, 08:52 PM
:) selva

Raghu
9th November 2006, 09:59 PM
Selva Machi,

Good one, I think Bush should be beaten to death:evil:

Nakeeran
9th November 2006, 10:15 PM
Selva Machi,

Good one, I think Bush should be beaten to dirth :evil:

Raghu Sir

romba kovama irukeengalo :D

For Bush I will propose that arabian Savukadi type punishment .

So that no other future American presidents repeat such heinous acts

Surya
9th November 2006, 10:21 PM
My question would be :

Who has to decide about Saddaam's destiny? entire IRAQI POPULATION or a bunch of idiots sitting in the WH ! :banghead:

Haven't u seen pics of iraqies celebrating this occation? :)

Let the US people hang Sadaam ! :lol2: (People in the US will suppot it to the HELL)
Let the IRAQI's hang BUSH :lol2: (WHOLE WORLD WILL APPRECIATE IT) :D

Good One! :rotfl: Although I think more than Half of the US ppl would be willing to hang Bush themselves though...:lol2: 8-)

So We'll take the honors of Hanging Both! :lol2:

PS: Republicans lost disgracefully in the election, and Donald Rumsfeld Resigned! 8-) :rotfl:

The Dems have taken over!! :boo: 8-) :clap: Finally!! Maybe now Our Brave Troops Can Get Outta That Fanatics Infested Hell Hole! 8-)

dsath
9th November 2006, 10:43 PM
Finally!! Maybe now Our Brave Troops Can Get Outta That Fanatics Infested Hell Hole! 8-)
No one invited u to that hell hole mate, its all your doing.

Surya
9th November 2006, 10:51 PM
Finally!! Maybe now Our Brave Troops Can Get Outta That Fanatics Infested Hell Hole! 8-)
No one invited u to that hell hole mate, its all your doing.

Generalizations! :banghead: Saying all Americans are responcible for Iraq is like saying all Pakies are responcible for Indian Terror attacks, or Indian Muslims are responcible for Godhra Train Burning, or that all Muslims Support Osama and Religious Fundamentalism. :wink:

It was bush that took us to that hell-hole, by misguiding the public. :( Not the average American. 8-) False Propaganda by Bush, Which was later on proved false took america to iraq...not to mention Bush's Personal Thurst for Oil...and the majourity of americans have opposed the war ever since..8-)

Close to 60% of americans oppose the war...those who don't are supporters of Bush. And 10% of the ppl are ignorant and don't know what happening in Iraq.

All I was saying is:

Now that the Dems control House and Senate, they will take neccecery measures to bring the US out of Iraq, which now a hell hole because it has bombs going off all over the place. They want us out...it would only be polite for us to leave! :P Now that the DEMS have more control, maybe we can before 2008! 8-)

selvakumar
10th November 2006, 10:08 AM
"Surya"

Haven't u seen pics of iraqies celebrating this occation? :)

I never see any difference between SUNTV and CNN :lol2:

Good One! :rotfl: Although I think more than Half of the US ppl would be willing to hang Bush themselves though...:lol2: 8-)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:thumbsup:

BTW, Surya !
Do you think the ENTIRE IRAQI population will support this ? Nope ! It is crystal clear !
BTW,
Can you justify US invasasion of IRAQ and the death sentence to Sadaam? Nope !
US should invade countries like
ISREAL
Russia
China
India etc if they are really willing to destroy WMD !

I am sure BUSH will never dream about invading ISRAEL ! :lol2:

Hulkster
10th November 2006, 08:28 PM

In that case no human has the right to take ANY life...what right do we have to kill another living thing?

So are we gonna all start turning into Vegetarians now? :huh: What right do humans have to kill another animal for our own pleasure? :huh: I'm already a vegetarian btw. 8-) :P

What r ya talking abt hulk? :huh: This has nothing to do with god or religion. :?

Even if we say that....taking away a life cannot be justified. Remember no matter how many explanations a act cannot be undone...same for this...and this is a mistake. BTW i am a vegetarian as well and you need to understand that at times the human body does meat and vegetables to survive on...its part of the life cycle which is logical..so using that as a explanation is abit too off topic.

As for the god part..I say that because we run the rule of whose life to take when we are equal in condition to any other human. Athu thaan sonnein. :D

imsai
10th November 2006, 11:33 PM
no difference between sadaam and ......... if taking lives is the solution :cry:

chevy
11th November 2006, 12:34 AM
no difference between sadaam and ......... if taking lives is the solution :cry: :) yeah

Rohit
11th November 2006, 02:49 AM
No matter what Saddam Hussain did to the people of Iraq, and what he deserves as the consequence of that; one thing is absolutely clear, that the world has no option but to surrender to the wishes of the US.

Surya
11th November 2006, 03:51 AM
Even if we say that....taking away a life cannot be justified. Remember no matter how many explanations a act cannot be undone...same for this...and this is a mistake. BTW i am a vegetarian as well and you need to understand that at times the human body does meat and vegetables to survive on...its part of the life cycle which is logical..so using that as a explanation is abit too off topic.

As for the god part..I say that because we run the rule of whose life to take when we are equal in condition to any other human. Athu thaan sonnein. :D

Gotcha..well..my opinion is still that Saddam deserves the same treatement that he gave to so many others...atleast in his case he got a trial....Bush should also get the same ending in my book.

Abt Vegetarianism: The Human Body can Survive without meat, under normal Circumstances. Unless someone is trapped in the middle of the ocean or some other abnormal setting. :D That is Off Topic...It'd be interesting to have a thread on that. :D

Rohit
11th November 2006, 03:54 AM
No matter what Saddam Hussain did to the people of Iraq, and what he deserves as the consequence of that; one thing is absolutely clear, that the world has no option but to surrender to the wishes of the US.

dsath
13th November 2006, 03:47 PM
[tscii:cd57fbe257]Isn't it such a shame - America is campaigning for democracy and in the way has become the world’s dictator.
It’s plainly survival of the fittest. Once upon a time when Britain was the dictator, some one in Britain suddenly realized that slavery was inhumane and it had to be stopped. Similarly someone within US has to realize that their campaign is inhumane and decide to stop. The problem is once they stop it, they are no longer the super power esp. with China and Japan waiting in the wings. It’s a question of survival.

[/tscii:cd57fbe257]

Surya
14th November 2006, 03:26 AM
I don't see why Afghanistan's Liberation is always overlooked. :?

Also,

I guess those people "condemning" america would much rather like to see hundrend of thousands of SHIA muslims being murdered, and the genocide continue under saddam's regime for some reason. :?

Sudhaama
14th November 2006, 06:12 AM
Keeping aside the logic or justifications for US invasion on Iraq...

.. and also ignoring the other factors of allegations on Chemical weapons, Nuclear clandestine deals...etc...

The Title of this Thread can be answered straight..

(1) Iraqi court has established beyond doubt that Saddam is a worst Criminal... who committed Himalayan atrocities.. EVEN ON HIS OWN PEOPLE...an APARTHEID.. two segments on the basiis of birth.

(2) Saddam conducted his callous rule... backed with communal-partiality.. and spread hatred UNETHICALLY...especially being the National Leader. Only now the world is able to hear the Suppressed Voices of Kurshids and Shias of his own country.

(3) We must not forget the fact that...Saddam was well cornered...INESCAPABLY...

... Not by USA... straightaway..but..

... by those suppressed sections of Iraqi people... who were the innocent victims for decades...under the HEGEMONY of Saddam's Relatives all over his Government.

It is Allah.. who is working behind...Not USA's own will.

God will not pardon anybody who sympathises or supports that worst Global INHUMAN Criminal

No Religious consideration or Humanitarian Mercy should be meted out to a...

... IRAQI HITLER

bulb_mani
14th November 2006, 06:15 AM
The reason why WEST and MIDDLE EAST clash always are coz of their religious rivalry that is deep imbibed in them....

The Crescent versus the Crusades... Bush is a crusade... he aint crusading for democracy :lol:

In that case whats Bush doing with SAUDI ARABIA which is a KINGDOM :?

Bush Babu Will Be Voted Out Of Power After This I Suppose :roll:

Surya
14th November 2006, 06:22 AM
Keeping aside the logic or justifications for US invasion on Iraq...

.. and also ignoring the other factors of allegations on Chemical weapons, Nuclear clandestine deals...etc...

The Title of this Thread can be answered straight..

(1) Iraqi court has established beyond doubt that Saddam is a worst Criminal... who committed Himalayan atrocities.. EVEN ON HIS OWN PEOPLE...an APARTHEID.. two segments on the basiis of birth.

(2) Saddam conducted his callous rule... backed with communal-partiality.. and spread hatred UNETHICALLY...especially being the National Leader. Only now the world is able to hear the Suppressed Voices of Kurshids and Shias of his own country.

(3) We must not forget the fact that...Saddam was well cornered...INESCAPABLY...

... Not by USA... straightaway..but..

... by those suppressed sections of Iraqi people... who were the innocent victims for decades...under the HEGEMONY of Saddam's Relatives all over his Government.

It is Allah.. who is working behind...Not USA's own will.

God will not pardon anybody who sympathises or supports that worst Global INHUMAN Criminal

No Religious consideration or Humanitarian Mercy should be meted out to a...

... IRAQI HITLER

:clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :D

Hit The Nail On The DOT! 8-)

Surya
14th November 2006, 06:25 AM
The reason why WEST and MIDDLE EAST clash always are coz of their religious rivalry that is deep imbibed in them....

The Crescent versus the Crusades... Bush is a crusade... he aint crusading for democracy :lol:

Bush didn't go after iraq for religion...he is a crusader agreed..not for democravy, not for Ctianity, but only for the green (money)! :lol:

Bush's family is very close with the Saudis because they sittin on half the oil in the world! :lol2:

bulb_mani
14th November 2006, 06:29 AM

Bush didn't go after iraq for religion...he is a crusader agreed..not for democravy, not for Ctianity, but only for the green (money)! :lol:

Bush's family is very close with the Saudis because they sittin on half the oil in the world! :lol2:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: But religious hatred is deep inside surya... money + oil yeah of course the major reason.. but he will be more than satisfied for his act :D :P

Surya
14th November 2006, 06:33 AM
true...bush is an ardent conservative xtian who uses that for his campaignes! :roll:

For Ex:

That where his Anti-Abortion/Anti-Homosexuality/Anti-Stem Cell Reserch comes from too..:cry:

bulb_mani
14th November 2006, 06:36 AM
true...bush is an ardent conservative xtian who uses that for his campaignes! :roll:

For Ex:

That where his Anti-Abortion/Anti-Homosexuality/Anti-Stem Cell Reserch comes from too..:cry:

Yeah i read about it :oops: :lol:

Why did Saddam want firing squad to shoot him? :?

Surya
14th November 2006, 06:55 AM

The Animal wanted to die like a Soldier! :rotfl:

bulb_mani
14th November 2006, 06:58 AM

The Animal wanted to die like a Soldier! :rotfl:

May be a show off juz to porve that he is valiant even on death bed .. what nonsense... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Shakthiprabha.
19th November 2006, 12:29 PM

For Ex:

Would I be right, if i say, its an instant way of dying. (before he or she realises or gets to know the pain .. the person is dead!)
Better than other options :? :?

podalangai
19th November 2006, 11:13 PM

Knowing what a coward he is, he is probably hoping that the soldiers have a poor aim!

Surya
21st November 2006, 06:49 AM
SP:

Getting Hung and Getting SHot are both painful...depends on how it's done..

If u bribe the guy who puts the rope on ur neck. then he'll tilt and put the knot in a certain angle..so that when u fall, ur neck breaks and u die instantly (Relativly Painless)..if not, then u just dangle there for a few mins before dieing. (EXTREAMLY Painful)

Firing squad is also the same I think..not sure...they could shoot the head and get it over with (Painless), or have some fun with Saddam and shoot his body(EXTREMLY Painful)..It IS Iraq...It depends on who is in the firing squad..if it's a shooter with the mindset of the average Shia Iraqi, then Saddam has run out of luck.. :cry: :lol2:

I say Average Shia Iraqi because Saddam murdered hundreds of thousands of shia muslims.

Podalangai,
:rotfl: :thumbsup:

kb
21st November 2006, 07:27 AM
konjam naal vitta avaney sethupoyeeduvaan :oops:

Sanguine Sridhar
21st November 2006, 07:32 AM
:lol: well said Ku.baabs!! :rotfl:

Surya
21st November 2006, 07:34 AM
konjam naal vitta avaney sethupoyeeduvaan :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

But avana sethal it won't be painful! :twisted: JK!

Shakthiprabha.
21st November 2006, 08:54 AM
:(

ksen
23rd November 2006, 03:44 PM
ippo saddamukku valikkanumaa, illa saaganumaa :huh:

bulb_mani
23rd November 2006, 03:48 PM
ippo saddamukku valikkanumaa, illa saaganumaa :huh:

Saaganumna Vali Irukanum Ilana Epadi Saagaradhu :?

ksen
23rd November 2006, 04:22 PM
sari, valichhu saaganuma, valikkaama saaganuma :cry:

valichha enna valikkatti enna, setthappuram theriyavaa pogudhu :huh: :sigh2:

alwarpet_andavan
24th November 2006, 04:18 PM
That Saddam is guilty is obvious and whether capital punishment should be abolished is is a different matter...
What's missing is death penalty to American Prez's, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld et al.......
Saddam-ukku oru nyayam ivingalukku oru nayayama???

Ethana 9-11 vandhaalum ivenga thirundha mattainga....

Surya
24th November 2006, 04:28 PM

:banghead:

So 9-11 is a punishment for Cheny and Rumsfeld? :banghead:

Sure ignore the other 3000 innocent americans who had nothing to do with going to iraq...:banghead:

Enna logic ba ithu! :huh: :roll:

PS: A case has been filed against rumsfeld for war crimes after he left office, after the republicans disgracefully lost in the elections!! :boo: :lol:

The cookie has started to crumble! :yes: 8-) :lol:

alwarpet_andavan
24th November 2006, 04:32 PM

:banghead:

So 9-11 is a punishment for Cheny and Rumsfeld? :banghead:

Sure ignore the other 3000 innocent americans who had nothing to do with going to iraq...:banghead:

Enna logic ba ithu! :huh: :roll:
Shammikkanum...

If a drunkard keeps going on booze binges even if his liver is getting screwed up, we would say in exasperation "Un liver-e ponaalum nee kudikkardha nirutha matte!"... It doesn't mean that one wishes that the said drunkard dies of liver failure or that one is against that drunkard's liver... Its a warning/caution/adhangam....
drink booze=liver fail....

Surya
24th November 2006, 04:41 PM
but see,

drink boose = liver failure of the person who is drinking it

9-11 = no harm to rumsfeld or cheny

infact @ this point, another 9-11 would become an advantage to these ppl for the 2008 elections.

so 9-11 can't be seen as a factor for changing these ppl to begin with..if anything, another 9-11 will just create more iraqs... :)

9-11 vandhaalum thirundhamaateeenge nu solradha vida...ethana elections thothaalum thirundha mateenge would be better in today's situation. :)

PS: what does shammikanum mean?

Nakeeran
24th November 2006, 04:46 PM
Surya

If Saddam had been punished by any other country, may be Iran , it might be justified .
But the war hungry Bush , who is far away from Iraq had deliberately created a mass extinction in the form of Gulf war II, it assumes significance

Surya
24th November 2006, 04:49 PM
No one said that he doesn't deserve the same treatment!

alwarpet_andavan
24th November 2006, 04:53 PM
9-11 = no harm to rumsfeld or cheny

infact @ this point, another 9-11 would become an advantage to these ppl for the 2008 elections.

so 9-11 can't be seen as a factor for changing these ppl to begin with..if anything, another 9-11 will just create more iraqs... :)

That is precisely the point, from the POV of the policy-makers!
Its like a vicious cycle : 9-11 give a solid pretext to U.S policy makers to mislead the people and pursue their ultimate goals by indulging in rhetoric-building, fear-tactics and subterfuge and Iraq's give a solid ground for Jehadists. Iraq is by no means a starting point, by the way... The imperialistic injustice has been happeneing for ages.....

[A lot of 9-11's happened and (still keep happening) elsewhere in many places around the globe for THAT 9-11 to happen]

9-11 vandhaalum thirundhamaateeenge nu solradha vida...ethana elections thothaalum thirundha mateenge would be better in today's situation. :)

mmm...
Talking about elections, it can only be viewed as a positive sign, however significant or insignificant the impact maybe... Let's see/hope...

PS: what does shammikanum mean?
It's the mallu word for 'mannikkanum' i think :)

Surya
24th November 2006, 05:15 PM
True, like u said, i think that the democrates winning the election will change a lot of things....gaining control of House and Senate is a huge step for change. :thumbsup:

Sudhaama
27th November 2006, 08:51 PM
True, like u said, i think that the democrates winning the election will change a lot of things....gaining control of House and Senate is a huge step for change. :thumbsup:

Dear Surya.. Will you please refrain from such deviations from the Scope and Purview of the Topic and Title?

You are welcome to open another Thread of your own choice... and post whatever you want to say about Bush and USA....

...leaving this Ex. IRAQ DICTATOR .."Proven- Criminal"... (in the name of Ruler..!)

... FREE to face the Consequences of his Callous actions and Intentions...

... who Ignored the CONSTANT EYE of ... ALLAH... for several years!

... (the Supreme Ruler, the Really Great.!!!...ALLAH HO AKBAR!!)

.. However GREAT anybody may be....OUTWARDLY...and DUBIOUSLY!!!

Surya
28th November 2006, 01:21 AM
:notworthy: :D

alwarpet_andavan
30th November 2006, 12:42 AM
...leaving this Ex. IRAQ DICTATOR .."Proven- Criminal"... (in the name of Ruler..!)

???

Sudhaama
1st December 2006, 04:20 AM

???

????... !!!

njv
1st December 2006, 09:42 AM
I am affraid that by killing this 1 person, the world is going to see many more terrorism, atleast a week before and a week after they hang him.

temporary sori-Observer
30th December 2006, 08:56 AM
Saddam was hanged.

NOV
30th December 2006, 10:06 AM
[tscii]http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/world/16348339.htm

Saddam Hussein, former Iraqi dictator, is put to death
By Nancy A. Youssef
McClatchy Newspapers

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Saddam Hussein, the former Iraqi dictator who terrorized a nation for nearly a quarter-century until he was deposed and captured by U.S. troops, was hanged at dawn Saturday for ordering the murders of 148 of his countrymen 24 years ago, three Iraqi television networks reported.

The execution occurred at about 6 a.m. local time, the state-owned Al Iraqiya and two other stations reported. Two close aides to the 69-year-old Saddam had also been also sentenced to death - Saddam's half-brother Barzan Ibrahim, the former head of intelligence, and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court.

An anxious nation awoke to the news of Saddam's execution, wondering whether his death would galvanize insurgents to launch still more suicide assaults against their fellow countrymen or whether it would close an ugly chapter in Iraqi history and allow the government to stave off a full-scale civil war.

U.S. and Iraqi forces braced for a possible surge in violence by supporters of Saddam and those frustrated that an Arab leader was killed by what they consider to be an American-controlled government. Iraqi officials canceled leave for their police and army. The Pentagon announced that troops in Iraq were at a high state of readiness.

The execution of a former head of state in his own country after a trial by an internationally monitored tribunal is almost without precedent. But its political impact was undercut by what human rights groups said was badly flawed procedure. Human Rights Watch charged that the trial didn't meet international standards of fairness and criticized the Iraqi government for actions that it said undermined the court's independence. It said the court was unfamiliar with the law it was attempting to apply.

The execution also didn't fully settle Iraqis' grievances against Saddam. The atrocity for which he was sentenced occurred a quarter-century ago and was of a far smaller dimension than his alleged crimes against Kurds in the late 1980s and against Shiites through the 1990s.

Throughout Friday evening, as the country waited for news of Saddam's fate, Iraqi state television broadcast footage of Saddam's atrocities, including photos of gassed babies and handcuffed men being tortured. Witnesses who had testified against Saddam and called for his death gathered in the heavily fortified Green Zone, which houses the government, to witness the execution. They were joined by a judge, a doctor and a cleric.

Officials said they were videotaping the execution but wouldn't air it publicly.

Earlier Friday, there was a flurry of uncertainty over whether U.S. forces had handed Saddam over to Iraqi authorities for execution. Both U.S. and Iraqi officials privately said they were exasperated that Saddam's execution was being done in a climate of confusion and haste.

By early evening, Saddam's death appeared imminent, but officials were concerned about whether Iraqi law allowed them to execute a Muslim man on the eve of a major Muslim religious holiday. For Sunni Muslims, the Eid al Adha, the Festival of the Sacrifice, was scheduled to begin Saturday. Shiites begin the observance on Sunday.

The festival celebrates Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son for God. For some, it also marks the end of the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca, which every Muslim must make once. The celebration lasts until at least Thursday.

Saddam is a Sunni Muslim, and the Iraqi government is largely Shiite.

A Christian Iraqi, Milad Kamal from the southern city of Basra, questioned the timing of the execution. "I'm happy about Saddam's execution because he didn't do anything good for us," Kamal said. "But the timing of it is stopping me from being joyful about it. It is Christmas and New Year's, a time for love and forgiveness. An execution contradicts that."

"Execution will not solve our problems," said Abdul Khadir Hadi, a Sunni teacher. "I will be sad about his execution, not out of any love for him, but because it will lead to more bloodshed in the form of retaliatory attacks."

Others openly rejoiced.

"I am an orphan. I never saw my father. Mom said Saddam executed him because he was a member of the Dawa Party," which opposed Saddam's rule, said Sameer Redha, a 23-year-old electronics shop owner from the holy Shiite city of Najaf. "I had a terrible life because of Saddam. I will be able to enjoy life once he is executed."

Since December 2003, when American forces discovered Saddam hiding in a bunker near his hometown of Tikrit, many Iraqis said his execution was inevitable. But many Iraqis also thought that Saddam would face several more trials, including some over his alleged crimes during the Iran-Iraq war and the Persian Gulf War.

The Iraqi Special Tribunal convicted Saddam and two co-defendants on Nov. 5, charging that they ordered the execution of 148 people after an unsuccessful assassination attempt against the Saddam in Dujail in 1982. Earlier this month, in a brief session, an appeals court upheld the conviction, and under Iraqi law, Saddam had to be executed within 30 days.

Saddam's trial began in October 2005. He faced seven charges, including murder and crimes against humanity, and was convicted of three of them.

In August, the Iraqi Special Tribunal began its second case against Saddam. The court charged him and six co-defendants for Operation Anfal, a campaign against Kurds that prosecutors said killed 182,000 people in 1987-88. The attacks targeted Kurds who were seeking independence. Court officials said that trial will continue without Saddam.

"I'm very happy to hear that Saddam will be executed, but I hoped that they would try him for the other crimes that he committed, crimes like attacking my home town with the chemical weapons," said Baiman Mohammed, a teacher from the Kurdish town of Halabcha, the heart of the attacks. "I wished they had delayed the execution until Saddam paid for all his crimes."

blahblah
30th December 2006, 03:47 PM
:victory: :victory: :victory:

Victory atlast!The man who had no regrets about putting to death so many people for no reason that they ever understood, had a taste of his own medicine.Any nation which truly believes in human rights should be proud about what the Americans have done to Saddam and support Bush.I know what the leftist mavericks are going to say about this but they don't deserve a comment.

Nakeeran
30th December 2006, 05:15 PM
When this thread was opened, I honestly hoped that Saddam may be given clemency but the judgement seemed to have come very fast.

By execution, the pain of what wrongs one had committed vanishes immediately.

A long term rigorous imprisonment is the best penalty to any wrong doing.

goodsense
30th December 2006, 06:42 PM
Didn't expect him to be hanged so fast. I thought it would be closer to the 30 days. And when they said in the headlines this morning "he was hanged in an undisclosed prison", I wondered if he was truly hanged or some secret deal was passed for him to stay alive and he would just stay out of public for the rest of his life.

goodsense
30th December 2006, 06:51 PM
"By execution, the pain of what wrongs one had committed vanishes immediately".

I agree, but his Karma will pay when he is rebirted. He should have no doubt in my opinion be placed in confinement and given the opportunity to repent and gain salvation. He would have also had the opporunity to realize and feel sorry for all the crimes he committed.