PDA

View Full Version : lovely munnar

padmanabha
6th November 2006, 10:44 PM
[tscii:b7e2a0214b]MOONNAAR/MUNNAR:

It is a beautiful valley 5000 ft above the sea level. The place derives its name from the fact that it is located at the confluence of three rivers-kantala, Kanni, and Nalla thanni. Besides these a number of steams gurgling and careering past the place make it an enchanting spot. On every side the green hills soar to majestic cloud capped heights, little brooks and rivulets leap and tumble down to the rhythm of their own music.

It is 75 miles east of Alwaye. Munnar owes its birth and growth out of virgin forest to the pioneering spirit of the planter. It is a beautifully laid out town nestling among the hills. Kannan Devan Plantation is located here. Kannan Deavan hills produce tea. IT IS believed that a tribal chieftain Kannan devan ruled this hill country. Five miles from Munnar is the Pallivasal falls –where the Pallivasal hydroelectric project is located. :wave:
[/tscii:b7e2a0214b]

Braandan
7th November 2006, 05:08 AM
The guest houses there fleece people, I have heard many who had gone there telling me.
BTW did the tribals benefit in any way by naming a Tea brand with their chieftian's name?

Lambretta
8th November 2006, 06:14 PM
I thot this was the name of a person! :o

I had a school mate w/ a surname "Mannar".....:)

padmanabha
9th November 2006, 06:42 AM
mannar is different frm munnar. these two are two different places.
(Mannar mathai speaking is a popular film in malayalam)