PDA

View Full Version : ARR Songs that I hate the most!!!

ajaybaskar
9th November 2006, 10:27 AM
Fans, dont get surprised looking at the subject of this discussion. Just like Sachin getting out for a duck or Schumi losing out pole positions, our thalai has also rendered some below standard songs in his otherwise excellent career. It may be coz of the director's poor music sense or ARR's lack of interest in the project. I have listed down the tracks which i hate the most.

1. Kathakali (Parasuram)
2. Osaka Muraiya (One 2 ka 4/ Alli Arjuna)
3. Spiderman (New)
4. Thazhuvudhu (Ah..Aah)
5. Dolna (Parasuram)
6. Anjanam (Udhaya)
7. Monalisa (Mr.Romeo)

The interesting aspect here is that all the above movies are BO flops except New. I tried to make it a list of ten. But i could'nt. Taking all his songs into consideration, i could only find 7 baddies. I am sure that every ardent fan of ARR shud have some not-so-favourite numbers of Rahman. They are always welcome to add their's to this list.

MADDY
9th November 2006, 11:51 AM
Hayyo Pathhikichu from Rythm.......specially bcos of the lyrics....i liked the Hindi version - oof o jal gaya.....

parotta - Vandicholai chinrasu.....

dinesh2002
9th November 2006, 11:59 AM
oh wow...i actually feel Haiyo Pathikichu is 1 of ARR's best !! with its complicating arrangements and fiery beats [it was so real like the instruments r actually potraying the element FIRE ] with the catchy lyrics HAIYO Pathikichu pathikichu pathikichu oh oh kanne :lol:

the songs from ARR i dun like is

Ottam/Daud [only Poontrendrale was good 4 me]
Eechambalam - Pavithra
Mottu Vithadha - Pavithra
Manitha Manitha [only Kili Irandhu was good 4 me]

kameshratnam
9th November 2006, 12:53 PM
BF by S J Surya is one of the best albums from A R R..Thazuvudu was far ahead in terms where TFM is heading to.

Monalisa is an excellent song...beautifully rendered by Malayasia Vasudevan

The list is

1. ALL songs of parsuram
2. Anjanam - Udhaya

MADDY
9th November 2006, 01:04 PM
BF by S J Surya is one of the best albums from A R R..Thazuvudu was far ahead in terms where TFM is heading to.

Monalisa is an excellent song...beautifully rendered by Malayasia Vasudevan

The list is

1. ALL songs of parsuram
2. Anjanam - Udhaya

who told monolisa..... :shock: .....ajay....no no....hey just kidding.....i love monolisa........again for the lyrics.....lyrics was not poetic but very well gelled with the tune.....

"Atlanta Olympics dhaan mudindhaal enna, darling nam love game mudiyadhamma
Charles-um, dianavum pirindhal enna, anbe nam love endrum piriyadhamma

nee podhum naan vazha urchagamai, andha horlicksum complanum vendaam amma
wimbeldon pol endhan nenjil vandhu, nithham vilayadum chinna tennis pandhu"

:lol: ...

i wrote the entire para and tell u wat i last listened to this song somehere in feb 2006..... :shock: .......this is wat u call popular song....

nilavupriyan
9th November 2006, 01:27 PM
parasuram songs

rayan36
9th November 2006, 02:18 PM
Varaiyo thozhi :banghead: (jeans)
suriyanai :banghead: (Ottam)
Nee edhi edhi (Manitha 2x) (awful lyrics :curse: , rakozhi (Uzhavan) is far more better than this
Pavithra (ex Sevanam, Uyirum Neeya)

rayan36
9th November 2006, 02:22 PM

parotta - Vandicholai chinrasu.....

parotta has awful lyrics :argh: , but the way the song goes.......... female humming's, arrangements quite good

interz
9th November 2006, 06:47 PM
There is one song in pavitra starring Vadivelu and kovai Sarala , I cant remember the song, but I bet you do.

Ramakrishna
9th November 2006, 07:26 PM
Varaiyo thozhi :banghead: (jeans)

I love this song.

MADDY
9th November 2006, 07:58 PM
There is one song in pavitra starring Vadivelu and kovai Sarala , I cant remember the song, but I bet you do.

coimbatoor maanu kutti.....sung by vadivel....

Ramakrishna
9th November 2006, 08:08 PM

I feel it is sung by Shahul Hameed

MADDY
9th November 2006, 08:18 PM

I feel it is sung by Shahul Hameed

enakku theriyaadha enna...... :oops: .......neenga ellam alerta irukeengalannu test pannen :lol:

Ramakrishna
9th November 2006, 08:23 PM
:lol2:

ajaybaskar
9th November 2006, 08:35 PM
Varayo thozhi is a really gud song and was huge hit at that period na..

rayan36
9th November 2006, 08:59 PM
I feel like the song doesn't go with the whole album. Maybe padathoda partha nalla irikkum, but listening to audio itself........... :confused2:

rayan36
9th November 2006, 09:17 PM
oh yeah i forgot to mention there's one album called beauty palace and all the songs are awful :cry:

Renault
9th November 2006, 10:32 PM
Uppu Karuvaadu from Mudhalvan is the song I don't like much among rahman's compositions.

Am surprised to find songs like Sevvanam, Mottuvittadha (Pavithra) and Pathikichu (Rhythm) mentioned among dislikes.

great
9th November 2006, 11:05 PM
rakozhi (Uzhavan)

suriyanai !!! you meant daud *Sanjay Dutt and Urmila directed by Ram Gopal Varma . If so pls listen to original hindi you might like it.

Rakozhi tune was catchy !!!!

Nerd
9th November 2006, 11:10 PM
I hate:

PaarththaalE paravasam -- moonRezhuththu
Parasuram -- ALL except muppadhu nimidam
Star -- machhiniyE

great
9th November 2006, 11:24 PM
And banupriya is catchy as well :P

Star -- machhiniyE

I love this track but on 1947-Earth

Ruth Aa Gayee Rae :)

Nerd
9th November 2006, 11:31 PM
Yeh thats right !!

I will list my most hated hindi tracks soon..

rayan36
10th November 2006, 10:11 AM
rakozhi (Uzhavan)

suriyanai !!! you meant daud *Sanjay Dutt and Urmila directed by Ram Gopal Varma . If so pls listen to original hindi you might like it.

Rakozhi tune was catchy !!!!

i said rakozhi was better than nee edhi edhi (manitha 2x / Gang master)

Sanjeevi
10th November 2006, 10:59 AM
Eechambalam - Pavithra

What a pathetic song :(

Sanjeevi
10th November 2006, 11:00 AM
Add Puthiya Mannargal songs (except the folk song), i think the only flop album during ARR's peak period

selvakumar
10th November 2006, 11:14 AM
Uppu Karuvaadu from Mudhalvan is the song I don't like much among rahman's compositions.

:shock: :o
Anyway, RESPECT your opinion ! :)

rayan36
10th November 2006, 11:44 AM
Add Puthiya Mannargal songs (except the folk song), i think the only flop album during ARR's peak period

Puthiya Manargal has gr8 songs :huh: , you can hear Vannil Yeni, Eduda Antha Suriyan nearly every day on that period :clap:

Sanjeevi
10th November 2006, 12:46 PM

Puthiya Manargal has gr8 songs :huh: , you can hear Vannil Yeni, Eduda Antha Suriyan nearly every day on that period :clap:

no you are wrong. On that time i am biggest ARR fan and it did not touch the ears. And wonder you liked Vannil Yeni, Eduda Antha Suriyan songs, they are very average songs :cry:

rayan36
10th November 2006, 02:57 PM
no you are wrong. On that time i am biggest ARR fan and it did not touch the ears. And wonder you liked Vannil Yeni, Eduda Antha Suriyan songs, they are very average songs :cry:

Here in MY you can listen to radio 6 playing the songs in the morning on that period, surely a hit. If you don't like it, it's o.k. It's ur opinion :wave:

lancelot
10th November 2006, 10:59 PM
Alaipayuthe - Septemper matham (this is mainly because of her voice, if it was someone else i think i would have liked this song, never the less, an amazing album)
Kathal Virus - Bailamore (not my kind of music, but imagin u in a night club to this song.. ya baby!!!)
Kathalan - Gopala Gopala (this is one song i just cant stand. i dont know why)
Paarthal Paravasam - Love Check (again nothing much, but i think this song was just made for that guys dancing, so cant realy blame ARR)
Uthaya - Anchanam Vchcha

Ottam, Parasuram 2 albums i dont realy like much so i dont want to comment on them,

this was a realy heard list to make. note that the songs i have listed r the ones that i hate. but then there some other songs that i never listen to but i dont hate them.
an this is only my openion.

MADDY
10th November 2006, 11:31 PM
no you are wrong. On that time i am biggest ARR fan and it did not touch the ears.

ohh, adhukku dhaan IR photo avatar-a vechhirukeengala?? :lol: .......the way u used to argue with me and throw points against ARR, i dont think u were a ARR fan for the past 100 yrs.......i can smell ARR fans from their words.......back in Mumbai they call it Maddy instinct..... :lol: :lol:

i dunno, many ppl. get a kick when they claim that they were ARR fans and became IR fan after realising the gr8ness of IR.....wat crap is this??? IR was always gr8 from 1976-2006.....

dinesh2002
11th November 2006, 08:14 AM
Maddy...its thier tecnic to make us feel bad & to make IR sound very superior,that with his magical music they r back to him..... typical method ! ;) ;)!! i will go with this saying :

Once a ARR fan, ur alwiz an ARR fan!!! ;) there is no turning back or jumping foward...ask any HJ fans too...they cant hate ARR & love HJ.... coz HJ is practicly a small branch from ARR's tree..... :clap: if they still insists on hating ARR...they r simply hiding the fact ;) ;)

dinesh2002
11th November 2006, 08:17 AM
oh yeah i forgot to mention there's one album called beauty palace and all the songs are awful :cry:

These songs r not composed by ARR...they just used his name to make this album sells.... it was confirmed by ARR in some interview long time back!!

ajaybaskar
11th November 2006, 11:58 AM
no you are wrong. On that time i am biggest ARR fan and it did not touch the ears.

ohh, adhukku dhaan IR photo avatar-a vechhirukeengala?? :lol: .......the way u used to argue with me and throw points against ARR, i dont think u were a ARR fan for the past 100 yrs.......i can smell ARR fans from their words.......back in Mumbai they call it Maddy instinct..... :lol: :lol:

i dunno, many ppl. get a kick when they claim that they were ARR fans and became IR fan after realising the gr8ness of IR.....wat crap is this??? IR was always gr8 from 1976-2006.....

They r like TN politicians...Leave them,maddy. They have their own ideologies.. V cant do anything to it...

ajaybaskar
11th November 2006, 12:02 PM
Sarathkumar's recent interview to imayam TV.

I ALWAYS HAVE A SECRET DESIRE TO WORK WITH ARR AND HJ. NOW IT HAS PARTIALLY COME TRUE WITH PACHAIKILI....

Scale
11th November 2006, 12:58 PM
AP - Sep Madham. I love this song! Charanam is entirely different and a peppy one. AB & SM voice suits well! What so weird is when I heard from the interviewer ARR missed a national award. He replied, its MR choice and cant blame neither regrets for it. MR bashers now please dont this is a digress this topic. Thanks!

Most of his dubbed songs are worst except Uyire for which ARR isnt to be blamed! Parasuram, and few songs in udaya for obvious delayed reasons. New songs Spiderman except that guitar prelude,title track except blaze intro

Jacky
11th November 2006, 01:43 PM
[tscii:9bfee14b7b]O kadhaley – Kadhal virus. [/tscii:9bfee14b7b]

rayan36
11th November 2006, 09:48 PM

These songs r not composed by ARR...they just used his name to make this album sells.... it was confirmed by ARR in some interview long time back!!

oh is it :mrgreen: THANK GOD :wave:

rayan36
11th November 2006, 09:53 PM
[tscii:dd81e27213]O kadhaley – Kadhal virus. [/tscii:dd81e27213]

why :huh: i loved Rahman's humming Kadhaley on that song

Jacky
11th November 2006, 11:40 PM
Makes me feel when the sound would end. The other one is Katril oru varthai - GF.

dinesh2002
12th November 2006, 07:55 AM
[tscii:5a5af7f112]O kadhaley – Kadhal virus. [/tscii:5a5af7f112]

same here...i liked the song very much except the part where Mano coughed....i felt that really spoilt the song though its meant to be there.....

ps : the humming was by clinton...not ARR ;) ;) ;)

thamizhvaanan
12th November 2006, 08:50 AM
[tscii:6e5ab5abae]O kadhaley – Kadhal virus. [/tscii:6e5ab5abae] O kadhaley is among the best songs in that album. The best ofcourse is "sonnaalum ketpadhillai". IMO it was a wonderful album that didnt get the respect that it deserved.

Kumar2020
12th November 2006, 09:46 AM
[tscii:2a136ebbdf]O kadhaley – Kadhal virus. [/tscii:2a136ebbdf]

hey ryan it was not rahman who hummed kadhaley for that song....if im not mistaken it was clinton i think....common we all know how rahman's voice is

rayan36
12th November 2006, 12:31 PM
:oops: thanks for the info :oops: & yeah the coughing really spoiled the mood of the song :cry:

dinesh2002
12th November 2006, 01:57 PM
[tscii:b38057f6fa]O kadhaley – Kadhal virus. [/tscii:b38057f6fa] O kadhaley is among the best songs in that album. The best ofcourse is "sonnaalum ketpadhillai". IMO it was a wonderful album that didnt get the respect that it deserved.

so true... Sonnalum picturisation was a blast, a great visual treat for me.... :D :D :D ....

dinesh2002
12th November 2006, 01:59 PM
:oops: thanks for the info :oops: & yeah the coughing really spoiled the mood of the song :cry:

yea man...he could have lighten the cough part mabby, but then again, when u see it in the movie it suits,but when listenin to song only,its def an irritatin part....

np man..... i remember during Alaipayuthey,the djs in radio alwiz mentions that Clinton sound very much like ARR esp in the song Pacchai Nirame...... 8-)

sonia_fr
12th November 2006, 04:02 PM
Hi all ARR fans, I'm Sonia, a new member from Paris, and I'm realy realy happy to join you on this forum :)

I am sure that every ardent fan of ARR shud have some not-so-favourite numbers of Rahman. They are always welcome to add their's to this list.

Thanks God, Ajay, you didn't asked for our favorite songs, otherwise the list would be endless!

Like many of you, I too would say "Parasuram" & "Udhaya". I actually feel in love with most of ARR's song after listening them 4-5 times, and also after watching the song on his movie, but parasuram & udhaya get delead for a long time and those movies were realy dull, it did not help the album! I'll also add Thenali! Godfather's album isn't good enough too, except "Theeyil viluntha thena", love ARR's voice when he say "oor solil oor ulaham ammaa, ammaaaa..." so cuteeeee!

Can't comment on ARR's old movies like Ashokan, super police, pavitra... I listen to them very long after the release. It may sound old fashioned now, so I can't judge the songs!

By the way, Odam was a good album, even in tamil! Enn kadhal nerupey (love the sa-re-ga-ama ...sa-re-ga-ma in the midel), odamthan orey odamthan, souriyanai, pounthenraley were realy good.

dinesh2002
12th November 2006, 04:40 PM
Hi sonia....great to have u here....as MADDY already welcomed u in the GURU thread... we all r very glad to have another ARR fan :D :D :D....
a big WELCOME
:clap:

btw....i liked Udhaya songs.... though it may sound a lil dull after such long delay as u said... but i still cant ignore Enna Enna & Pookum Malargal..... both r top class from ARR.... and even Udhaya Udhaya.... i noticed many disliked Anjanam.... i taut it was very catchy with the funny lyrics & neat semi-classical arrangments by ARR... and i liked the " thakarithakatha" in the second interlude... and the way SJ goes " En Thaimuzhi maranthen,unnale " untill the end.... sounded very soul stiring...but again...taste/opinion differs.... :D :D....

Sanjeevi
12th November 2006, 05:45 PM
the way u used to argue with me and throw points against ARR, i dont think u were a ARR fan for the past 100 yrs.......i can smell ARR fans from their words.......back in Mumbai they call it Maddy instinct..... :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi ARR fans,

Believe me, still i am an ARR fan.

coucou
12th November 2006, 07:23 PM
Hi all ARR fans, I'm Sonia, a new member from Paris, and I'm realy realy happy to join you on this forum :)
bienvenue au forum!!! 8-)

lancelot
12th November 2006, 09:00 PM

welcome Sonia. its always nice to see a fellow fan of the master.
hope u enjoy your stay here...
its kind of realy happening here... hehe

hehe
:D

isaiyil_ivan
13th November 2006, 07:53 AM
Hmm.. one I can think of right now..

Bailamore (Kaadhal Virus): When I heard this song, I thought, "No, it can't be! Maybe there was a major dysfuntion in Panchathan Inn and these noises were recorded by mistake"

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 10:20 AM
Hmm.. one I can think of right now..

Bailamore (Kaadhal Virus): When I heard this song, I thought, "No, it can't be! Maybe there was a major dysfuntion in Panchathan Inn and these noises were recorded by mistake"

Bailamore was quite a good techno beat number i believe. Didnt u like it?

rayan36
13th November 2006, 10:01 PM
Bailamore is ahead of his time :thumbsup: works great with dance floors

dinesh2002
15th November 2006, 08:16 PM
i didint like Vaan nila from Kadhal Virus though...the song i alwiz skip.....

rsubras
15th November 2006, 09:28 PM

did u like "pathinettu vayadhil" song from Kaadhal Kondein :) ??

My hate list of A.R.Rahman songs

1. Eh muthu pappa - Vandi cholai sinraasu
2. Most of the songs in Alli Arjuna
3. Parasuram
4. oru nanban irunthal from E20 U18 - song is OK, but definitely not Rahmanish

5. kumbakonam sandhaiyile from NEW

sonia_fr
15th November 2006, 09:43 PM
Dinesh, I'll give a second chance for Parasuram & Uthaya and listen them once again! I may change my mind! Papom...

Merci pour votre acceuil Coucou & Lancelot! :)

Rsubras, :roll: Kumbakonam Sandhaiyiley was a good peppy number! Even my friend who doesn't like that much indian music was very attracted by this song!

rayan36
15th November 2006, 09:49 PM
most of you guys addressed Para/udaya/kv as hated songs. Is it because of its picturization??? 'cause i never watched udaya/KV & even Ah ahh

thamizhvaanan
15th November 2006, 10:11 PM
Even I hated parasuram songs, but i have to add one more thing.

One day I was leaving my house in a hurry... parasuram song was running in the TV. I just took notice of it and was about to leave. But I cudnt. Without my knowledge I was following the tune of the song ( this was long after the songs were released, so the songs were pretty much registered in my mind )Even in the mediocrity I was able to find some grace. Actually that tune made me stay back, listen to it and then only leave. Such is the power of the master... he has got some mysterious talent. Every time you think that he has done it this time (I mean a total rubbish) . But after some time the song or atleast a part of it comes to haunt you. We always wonder how come we dont realise it the first time.

I have to say that even in ARRs worst songs, I always find something to rejoice... long live the master :notworthy:

thamizhvaanan
15th November 2006, 10:17 PM
And one more thing, his albums have songs for everyone. I mean, some people may hate one song, but that will be someother persons favourite.

For eg, I saw someone saying that they hate "varaayo thozhi" from jeans. But one of my friend feels that varaayo thozhi is the best song in Jeans. He likes all the songs from the album, but varaayo thozhi is the best according to him.

Likewise, one can recall Richard Corliss appreciating one wild number in the film FIRE, which everyone else rubbished.

sonia_fr
16th November 2006, 12:06 AM
Every time you think that he has done it this time (I mean a total rubbish) . But after some time the song or atleast a part of it comes to haunt you. We always wonder how come we dont realise it the first time.

You're so right. The first time a heard Uyiree album, i didn't like it, not even thaiya thaiya! :? 3d time, 4th time, 5th... God what an amazing song! My CD player was broken at this time, so I copied thaiya thaiya song in a full K7 audio and i let it play endlessly!!! Then i began to like the rest of the album, kaneerey..., nenjiniley nenjiniley, then enn uyirey, it has some beautiful lyrics. .. and so on.

Now Uyiree is for sure my favorite album! :)

rayan36
16th November 2006, 07:39 AM
And one more thing, his albums have songs for everyone. I mean, some people may hate one song, but that will be someother persons favourite.

For eg, I saw someone saying that they hate "varaayo thozhi" from jeans. But one of my friend feels that varaayo thozhi is the best song in Jeans. He likes all the songs from the album, but varaayo thozhi is the best according to him.

Oh that was me :D . this kind of arguements happened to me to when i said thazhuvuthu nalavuthu was better than spiderman, but my friend liked spiderman :wink:

dinesh2002
16th November 2006, 05:44 PM
most of you guys addressed Para/udaya/kv as hated songs. Is it because of its picturization??? 'cause i never watched udaya/KV & even Ah ahh

Man... KV had 1 superb picturisation [IMO]...SONNALUM....it tottaly suited the song !!!! but other than SOnnalum...the rest was rubbish [picturisation] esp Hey Hey Enaachu!!! goodness!!!

dinesh2002
16th November 2006, 05:47 PM
ohh yea...Ah Aah's picturisation was an EYE POLLUTION...the only thing that made me look at the picturisation was NILA...other than that....GOD!! i couldnt belive it happened to such great scores!!! Parasuram was not so bad...a typical Arjun movie type... Udhaya's Pookum Malare, Enna Enna, Thiruvelikeni Rani's picturisation was good for me ... the spoiling 1 was Udhaya Udhaya & Anjanam....Anjanam they actually didnt picturise on it...if im not mistaken,they took some scenes from Udhaya Udhaya song & fited in Ajanam....so u know how it would be...dancing to a dance step that doesnt belong to the song & whats worse...the modern costumes for a semi-classical song.... ARGH!!!!

Dragun
17th November 2006, 06:24 AM
Kamma Kamma- E20U18
If You Wanna- New

Agreed on Aa Aah's picturizations. Anbe Aaruyire was so evocative and imaginative but SJS picturized it like it was some cheap Deva intro song!

Music4Ever
17th November 2006, 07:43 AM
"Kamma Kamma- E20U18"

You mean the one that goes "Bling ding a ling ling.."? That is a super song, IMO. It rocks and is a great party or trip song.

thamizhvaanan
17th November 2006, 08:30 AM
If You Wanna- New
agreed on that!

That song is a noise pollution!

Dragun
17th November 2006, 10:29 AM
"Kamma Kamma- E20U18"

You mean the one that goes "Bling ding a ling ling.."? That is a super song, IMO. It rocks and is a great party or trip song.

I can't stand it. Its the rare ARR song that sounds silly to me.

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 05:28 PM
If You Wanna- New
agreed on that!

That song is a noise pollution!

i prefered the ORIGINAL IDEA of the song.... the Telugu ' Ramanthe Anandham " which leaked few weeks b4 the audio release.... that is the best...simple & catchy...... :yes:

rayan36
17th November 2006, 07:16 PM
Well, i hated the English lyrics very lame indeed.....konjaneram Kochipudi starts for me :wink:

ajaybaskar
23rd November 2006, 12:52 PM
Some Top Reasons Why I hate ARR and his music.

1. Everytime his music releases ... I gotta spend money on each and
every DVD/CD released by him in all languages because I cant miss his
music for anything in the world.

2. Waste lots of time listening to his music again and again because
I can never get satisfied with his music.

3. Waste all my morning time reading crarefully each and every
message in this group, again and again for the fear of missing a BGM,
a yuotube video, a rapidshare link, a review/blog/ article.

4. Hate him because I like his music so much that I dont get time to
listen to other MDs music and appreciate their music as some people
can do.

5. Cry out loud when somebody says my man has lifted a tune ... and
then try to cool myself after somebody in this amazing group
explaining why its false accusation.

6. Have to bear the fact that in this 100+ crore country, the only
music thats worth listening is ARRs and subconsciosly wishing that
there are more ARRs who can make listening to music a pleasure ...

7. Save my pocket money so that I can buy IPOD/BOSE speakers etc
because I know hearing his music on those is a whole lot divine
experience ...

So see, we can also hate ARR and his music...:) !!!

courtesy:arrfans@yahoogroups

ajaybaskar
23rd November 2006, 12:52 PM

can do.

experience ...

Wibha
23rd November 2006, 01:04 PM

can do.

experience ...

awesomeeeee :cool2:
:2thumbsup:

dinesh2002
23rd November 2006, 02:31 PM
hahahahaa....wow...superb!!!!!!!! :clap:

Dragun
23rd November 2006, 03:23 PM
Great list, except that Bose speakers are known as "Better Off with Something Else" among audiophiles!

rayan36
23rd November 2006, 08:55 PM
:lol: :lol: you have spoken for all us ajay :wink:

ajaybaskar
27th November 2006, 02:17 PM
Vandicholai chinrasu is one of my not so favourite movie/songs of ARR. Thalai shud not repeat those kind of mistakes again.

Ramakrishna
27th November 2006, 07:46 PM
Vandicholai chinrasu is one of my not so favourite movie/songs of ARR. Thalai shud not repeat those kind of mistakes again.

The movie had two good songs as far as i have heard.

Sanguine Sridhar
2nd December 2006, 10:06 PM
Somebody here mentioned that Spiderman and Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu as a worst...come on :roll: both are very good songs...

for me

aaja aaja and marichaanam from SEOK ..I dont know naan idhu varaikkum muzhusa kettadhu kedayaadhu :oops:

sonia_fr
2nd December 2006, 10:50 PM

:notthatway: VCR has 3 beautiful songs! The melodious "Chithirai nilavu" & "sugam sugam" & "sentamil naadu tamilachiyey" which has a superb lyrics. I'm not really fond of "Barota barota" song nor "nee katum sellai"! They maybe go well with the story line!

ajaybaskar
3rd December 2006, 03:26 PM

:notthatway: VCR has 3 beautiful songs! The melodious "Chithirai nilavu" & "sugam sugam" & "sentamil naadu tamilachiyey" which has a superb lyrics. I'm not really fond of "Barota barota" song nor "nee katum sellai"! They maybe go well with the story line!

The songs were not bad but to see a guy like sathyaraj shaking legs for ARR's tunes did'nt gel with me,friend. thats wat i meant...

rayan36
3rd December 2006, 04:11 PM

Nee kadhum Sellai is from Puthiya Manargal. You gotta be referring to Hey Muthu Pappa, besides nee kadhum selai is a top class folk song :wink:

sonia_fr
3rd December 2006, 05:56 PM
The songs were not bad but to see a guy like sathyaraj shaking legs for ARR's tunes did'nt gel with me,friend. thats wat i meant...

ah ok! I don't remember the movie at all, nor Sathyaraj's face!

Rayan, i taught nee kattum sela was from VCR, i didn't watched Puthiya Manargal, the first & only combination of ARR-Viki!

rayan36
3rd December 2006, 09:56 PM
Does this convince you :wink:

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000148.html

VCR

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000190.html

Eventhough the song in vcr (muthu papa/ Kaatu panamaram pola) is a awful song, the interludes between the lyrics is quite good

Sanguine Sridhar
3rd December 2006, 11:08 PM
chithirai nilavu is an excellent song!! :) but i hate that song picturaisation esply...suganya and sathyaraj ... Oh my!! :evil:

MADDY
3rd December 2006, 11:21 PM
chithirai nilavu is an excellent song!! :) but i hate that song picturaisation esply...suganya and sathyaraj ... Oh my!! :evil:

andha chair thooki thooki thiruppi poduvaar sathyaraj.... :lol:

sonia_fr
4th December 2006, 12:33 AM

VCR

Eventhough the song in vcr (muthu papa/ Kaatu panamaram pola) is a awful song, the interludes between the lyrics is quite good

Rayan, nan ungala apovey nambinen! I just said I taught! :)

Pls guys don't remind me that Sathyaraj was the hero in VCR, i prefer to listen those songs and imagine someone else!

ajaybaskar
4th December 2006, 10:59 AM

ah ok! I don't remember the movie at all, nor Sathyaraj's face!

Rayan, i taught nee kattum sela was from VCR, i didn't watched Puthiya Manargal, the first & only combination of ARR-Viki!

Vikraman's next film is to be with ARR. he had mentioned that in a recent kumudham interview. He said that its a musical like pudhu vasantham.

dinesh2002
4th December 2006, 12:25 PM
Wow...

2007.....MAGICAL!!

1.Shivaji - ARR-Shankar...all time best combo
2.Sakarakatti - Boys 2
3.ATM - Vijay & ARR
4.Krishna's Film - Fast paced songs
5.Vikraman's Film - Musical

rayan36
4th December 2006, 04:53 PM

VCR

Rayan, nan ungala apovey nambinen! I just said I taught! :)

Pls guys don't remind me that Sathyaraj was the hero in VCR, i prefer to listen those songs and imagine someone else!

:lol: :lol: just kiddin' :wink:

Sanguine Sridhar, count me in for Thazhuvuthu Nazhuvuthu song :wink: we are the very few fans of that song

sonia_fr
5th December 2006, 12:54 AM
Wow...

2007.....MAGICAL!!

1.Shivaji - ARR-Shankar...all time best combo
2.Sakarakatti - Boys 2
3.ATM - Vijay & ARR
4.Krishna's Film - Fast paced songs
5.Vikraman's Film - Musical

+ Ashutosh Gowariker's Jodha-Akbar
+ Aamir Khan's Gajani!

Nayagan
5th December 2006, 02:33 AM
I wouldn't listen to these songs again even if you pay me :)

1) yaaro yarodi
2) kamma kamma
3) oru nanbaan irundhal
4) jil allava jil allava (bad lyrics)
5) kamma karai (too mediocre)
6) Taj mahal songs (except that chitra melody)
7) Udhaya songs (except Pookum malargal and tiruvellikeni rani)
8) Parasuram songs
9) New (except unnikrishnan, the rap and remix number)

I think lately IMO ARR dappa songs have increased.
My reason is he is not challenged enough by the director or is just doing the producer a favor for promising to do his film.

Nerd
5th December 2006, 02:58 AM

:shock: :shock: :shock:

kuLirudhu kuLirudhu -- One of Unnikrishnan's best songs, IMHO
karisal tharisal -- Mindblowing song
Thiruppaachchi -- Excellent intro song
eechi elumichchi -- Great beats

Please listen to the album one more time :)

Taj mahal is one of ARR's best albums, IMHO 8-)

MADDY
5th December 2006, 03:04 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

kuLirudhu kuLirudhu -- One of Unnikrishnan's best songs, IMHO
karisal tharisal -- Mindblowing song
Thiruppaachchi -- Excellent intro song
eechi elumichchi -- Great beats

no doubts... :D ....

sonia_fr
5th December 2006, 03:16 AM

:exactly: Taj Mahal was a silly movie, don't blame ARR for that!

Sanguine Sridhar
5th December 2006, 07:28 AM
vidunga avaru manoj moonja paathu tension aagi paata kekaama vittrupaar :lol2:

kulirudhu was a wonderful song! 8-)

i like 'thazhuvudhu nazhuvudhu' mainly because of Shreya's voice..whooaa! :)

rayan36
5th December 2006, 09:37 AM
i like 'thazhuvudhu nazhuvudhu' mainly because of Shreya's voice..whooaa! :)

Shreya voice is sharp and sleak, creationg the mood of the song, but I love the guitars in the song, definitely experimental stuff here :wink:

dinesh2002
5th December 2006, 10:09 AM
Yaaro Yarodi is an excellent number... dunno how u can not like it.... people didint like it when it got released,but later on it turn out to be one of Alaipayuthey's huge hit.... ahh...those great days..... listenin to Alaipayuthey songs brings back memory that is just too beautiful!!!!

ajaybaskar
5th December 2006, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't listen to these songs again even if you pay me :)

1) yaaro yarodi
2) kamma kamma
3) oru nanbaan irundhal
4) jil allava jil allava (bad lyrics)
5) kamma karai (too mediocre)
7) Udhaya songs (except Pookum malargal and tiruvellikeni rani)
8) Parasuram songs
9) New (except unnikrishnan, the rap and remix number)

I think lately IMO ARR dappa songs have increased.
My reason is he is not challenged enough by the director or is just doing the producer a favor for promising to do his film.

kamma karaiyil was a mass number which was liked by the masses. i have already posted an article about the ame in this forum. Taj mahal songs are one of the best from ARR. wonder wat made u hate the songs!! Poor selection of films has cost ARR dear..

Sanguine Sridhar
5th December 2006, 01:05 PM
Yaaro Yarodi is an excellent number... dunno how u can not like it.... people didint like it when it got released,but later on it turn out to be one of Alaipayuthey's huge hit.... ahh...those great days..... listenin to Alaipayuthey songs brings back memory that is just too beautiful!!!!

Yes, initially i hate that song! This was the first song which i heared when the album got released, Oh man! it was like Vicco Vajradhanthi adv :lol2: but when I saw this song along with the movie..it was too good :D ...!

ajaybaskar
5th December 2006, 01:13 PM
That happens with most of ARR songs...

Sanguine Sridhar
5th December 2006, 01:15 PM
ajay interetingly there are some very good songs which are spoiled by the directors

1. Kanodu kaanbethellam from Jeans
2. All Anbey Aaruyirey songs espl'y 'Mayiliragey'

anymore?

ajaybaskar
5th December 2006, 01:22 PM
Kangalal kaidhu sei
Mr.Romeo

Alot more

MADDY
5th December 2006, 01:49 PM
Kangalal kaidhu sei
Mr.Romeo

Alot more

esp KKS - En uyir thozhiye......... :cry: ....wat charanams - one of the most heart melting ones of ARR......he should use it again for some popular hindi movie....wats wrong in it......such songs shuld reach masses...... :evil:

dinesh2002
5th December 2006, 04:03 PM
i think more damage r 2 done to Theekurvi than En Uyir...... the fast motion tecnic for a beautiful song...... goodness...how st*pid can a dir get???!!! :banghead:

ajaybaskar
5th December 2006, 06:42 PM
Kangalal kaidhu sei
Mr.Romeo

Alot more

esp KKS - En uyir thozhiye......... :cry: ....wat charanams - one of the most heart melting ones of ARR......he should use it again for some popular hindi movie....wats wrong in it......such songs shuld reach masses...... :evil:

S maddy, they were really gud numbers which did not reach the masses due to poor star cast and bad story,screenplay.. Priya mani and that maida maavu for an ARR song. Disgusting...

Nayagan
5th December 2006, 09:45 PM
Yaaro Yaradi to me is very jarring.
I cannot half understand what they are singing..bad pronounciation.
I vehemently hate this song :)
Cannot imagine a traditional village song like this.
In the movie it is fine because Mani cleverly introduces the interactions between Maddy and Shamili's father. In my Audio CD, I relegiously skip this song.

I agree i have a bias against Taj Mahal songs.
I listened to it initially Did not evoke the usual rahman feel for me and that has stuck. Also the over indulgence in the lyrics of the nativity did not help either.

Kamma Karayil is just mediocre. It may be a hit. I just differ in opinion with the majority.

Lot of people do not like Baba songs. I personally think they are good. IMO ARR has seldom given bad tunes for Rajni.

Sanguine Sridhar
6th December 2006, 08:25 AM
i think more damage r 2 done to Theekurvi than En Uyir...... the fast motion tecnic for a beautiful song...... goodness...how st*pid can a dir get???!!! :banghead:

yeah true :lol: i was wondering what vaseegaran and priyamani was doing in that song :shock: ,they were rolling on the floor,dancing like stupid :banghead: :lol2:

ajaybaskar
6th December 2006, 10:57 AM
Oh..Maida maavu's name is Vaseegaran?

TamilMoon
18th December 2006, 11:55 AM
" Osaka Moraya " :rotfl: :rotfl:

villan007
18th December 2006, 12:57 PM

it was gud in 1 2 ka 4 ..... horrible in tamil :(

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 01:04 PM

it was gud in 1 2 ka 4 ..... horrible in tamil :(

exactly !!! Alli Arjuna is by far the worse dubbing album of ARR.... it even had the spoilt version of Sona Nahi - 1 2 ka 4.... gosh....sickenin to listen to it in the tamil version.... :P

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 01:07 PM
Solvaayo solai kili is a good number in Tamil. It was a hit. Some guys request it in sunmusic even now.

TamilMoon
18th December 2006, 07:52 PM

it was gud in 1 2 ka 4 ..... horrible in tamil :( ok :)

Krishna Sollaayo solai kili song'a yaaru pidikkalai'nu sonnaanga :shock: :?

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 07:57 PM

it was gud in 1 2 ka 4 ..... horrible in tamil :( ok :)

Krishna Sollaayo solai kili song'a yaaru pidikkalai'nu sonnaanga :shock: :?

Naa chumma intha whole album la intha song onnu thaan nallaa irukkunu solla vantha

TamilMoon
18th December 2006, 08:00 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 08:03 PM
Athaavathu songs ellaam nallaa thaan irunthathu, but movie la they didn't fit well.
Athe songs Hindi la Superhit

TamilMoon
18th December 2006, 08:14 PM
enna pandrathu naan hindi song kaekkuradhu illa :(

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 09:52 AM
Athaavathu songs ellaam nallaa thaan irunthathu, but movie la they didn't fit well.
Athe songs Hindi la Superhit

agreed, but Enthan Nenjil [Sona Nahi] was spoilt...not sure y....could be coz of S.Janaki's voice :P .... and the picturisation in the film was bad...maby Roja Solladi was the least best.... wut u sya?!!

Hulkster
19th December 2006, 11:31 AM
When i talk about ARR songs that i hate...it would be only nowadays...one thing i look towards ARR is his differentiation of sounds in every album but now there seems to be abit of repitition....good thing it stopped with Ah Aah and New. I did not like most of the songs in new except kaalaiyil dhinanum which had great strings and piano usage. Ah Aah had mayiliragey as the sole saviour and the anbe aaruyirey song had a great rhythm..but again the rest of the songs had repititive ARR style..yeap thats about it...good thing SOK solved his repitition problem :D

ajaybaskar
19th December 2006, 12:11 PM
Above all that i hate one thing abt ARR. i bought jodi audio with lot of expectations and was frustrated to the core after hearing DSR songs. the same thing thing happened with alli arjuna, star, love u hamesha. thank god..ARR has stopped that now.

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 12:46 PM
Above all that i hate one thing abt ARR. i bought jodi audio with lot of expectations and was frustrated to the core after hearing DSR songs. the same thing thing happened with alli arjuna, star, love u hamesha. thank god..ARR has stopped that now.

but u know... i felt Jodi had much better package overall if u compare it with DSKR.... ohh....ARR is reusing Jodi songs for a Kannada film he signed lately called " Sajjini" .... his 1st ever Kannada project..... :D

ajaybaskar
19th December 2006, 01:17 PM
For a kannada film, thats more than enough. I heard a kannada song recently and it was a lift of ARR's airtel tune. Adha kooda vittu vakkala..

MADDY
19th December 2006, 03:20 PM
For a kannada film, thats more than enough. I heard a kannada song recently and it was a lift of ARR's airtel tune. Adha kooda vittu vakkala..

:evil: :evil:

just kidding.. 8-) .......hey but y ARR doesent realise that his Kannada fans have heard both Jodi and DSKR???

i'm so happy that ARR is atlast doing a kannada film..... :D

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 04:15 PM

hahaha....man,if im not mistaken,the MD for that Airtel song in Kannada is Anu Malik :P ... :lol:

but seriosly,there r some nice numbers from the MD Gurukiran....the music of Apthamitra [ChandraMuki's Kannada version] was excellent... and a song from the movie Jogi,Ello Jogappa was very good and Joshua Sridhar 'recycled' it for the movie UYIR ... and that song is called Kan Simathum Nerame :P

;)

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 04:16 PM

just kidding.. 8-) .......hey but y ARR doesent realise that his Kannada fans have heard both Jodi and DSKR???

i'm so happy that ARR is atlast doing a kannada film..... :D

Maddy,probably ARR wanna do some modification with the songs...and who knows.... we might get to listen to a better version of the songs in Kannada.... :D....

awaiting Sajjini!!! :wink:

Ramakrishna
19th December 2006, 04:32 PM

I think he could have used KKS songs

MADDY
19th December 2006, 04:41 PM

I think he could have used KKS songs

exactly......atleast that is something lying rusted in the godown..... :D

ajaybaskar
19th December 2006, 07:41 PM
Maddy, its gurukant desai. Not gurubhai..

bingleguy
19th December 2006, 07:58 PM
ARR songs la enakku pidikkaadhadhu .... :roll: tis difficult to get ;-)

MADDY
20th December 2006, 02:13 AM
Maddy, its gurukant desai. Not gurubhai..

but i guess he will be called Gurubhai primarily in the movie.... :D

Wibha
20th December 2006, 02:18 AM
ARR SONGS and HATE don't match well :D

sabari_in
20th December 2006, 01:25 PM
Parasuram Songs.... :huh:

ajaybaskar
25th December 2006, 02:07 PM
There r some gr8 songs of ARR which've gone unnoticed. Eg:Kabhi na kabhi,KKS. Ppl can still add a lot more..

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 02:54 PM

replace ARR with HARRIS in that sentence... u would have spoken the truth then :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
25th December 2006, 04:02 PM

replace ARR with HARRIS in that sentence... u would have spoken the truth then :thumbsup:athukku ungga harris othukkuvara??? :roll:

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 04:08 PM

replace ARR with HARRIS in that sentence... u would have spoken the truth then :thumbsup:athukku ungga harris othukkuvara??? :roll:

Nichiyama 8-) :wink:

dinesh2002
25th December 2006, 05:24 PM

Nichiyama 8-) :wink:

Bulb mani...joke sollathingapa....HARRIS SONGS & HATE dont match well...... unmai ippe naan solluren

HARRIS SONGS & ORIGINAL dont match !! yepedi!! ;) 8-)

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 05:34 PM
:notthatway:
Dinesh

dinesh2002
25th December 2006, 05:37 PM
Dinesh

the whole world knows that..... no use denying !! :wave:

Naalai Santhipoma ?? :lol: [Solomon P's style ]

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 05:38 PM
Dinesh

Only some ARR fans jealous of HARRIS's success say so :wave:

Hulkster
25th December 2006, 05:43 PM
Prasad this point wunt stand cos ARR is already very successful and still..he is a bollywood topper and internationally recognised...perhaps the way they talk about harris may be a bit harsh but theres no jealousy here...just random retaliation..or as NOV put it..passion :P

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 05:49 PM
Hulkster i never denied that ARR is now an icon... hArris is slowly n steadily making it big in kollywood first... why should ARR fans throw muck n mud on him :) :roll:

ANyhow he is my favourite i wont argue again :roll:

dinesh2002
25th December 2006, 05:53 PM
Dinesh

Only some ARR fans jealous of HARRIS's success say so :wave:

its just plain fact :exactly:

Ramakrishna
25th December 2006, 07:03 PM
Hulkster i never denied that ARR is now an icon... hArris is slowly n steadily making it big in kollywood first... :) :roll:

Is it so? Ok then let him still slowly make it big even in hollywood and let him grow much bigger than ARR, then u can say Harris rocks and Harris is better than ARR. Untill then :arrow:

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 07:12 PM
Hulkster i never denied that ARR is now an icon... hArris is slowly n steadily making it big in kollywood first... :) :roll:

Is it so? Ok then let him still slowly make it big even in hollywood and let him grow much bigger than ARR, then u can say Harris rocks and Harris is better than ARR. Untill then :arrow:

i did not say harris is better than ARR or the other way... i said he is more successful in KOLLYWOOD.... what matters here is that... not hollywood :lol2:

Veliya ellam nee poga solladha chinna paiya poi examku padi :poke:

Ramakrishna
25th December 2006, 07:22 PM

i did not say harris is better than ARR or the other way... i said he is more successful in KOLLYWOOD.... what matters here is that... not hollywood :lol2:

Seringa periya maama :mrgreen:

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 07:23 PM
Guys i was just kidding... bcoz if everyone supports ARR there wont be a thrill :)

Anyway all was for fun :)

:wave:

Ramakrishna
25th December 2006, 07:24 PM
:wave:

Thank u :D

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 07:24 PM

Ok Mokkai MAAMA :noteeth:

Ramakrishna
25th December 2006, 07:26 PM

Ok Mokkai MAAMA :noteeth:

Seri othukkuraen, ippo please :wave: