PDA

View Full Version : COMMENTS:SHORT STORY CONTEST 2006

VENKIRAJA
14th November 2006, 06:42 PM
WITH THE PERMISSION OF RR.

THE POLLING ALONE WILL BE DONE HERE.PLEASE POST IN UR ENTRIES IN ANOTHER THREAD ENTITLED SHORT STORY CONTEST 2006.THE FORUMHUB HAS BEEN AN AMUSEMENT PARK TO MOST OF US.FOR ALL THOSE WHO LIKE ANYTHING,THE HUB HAS SOMETHING TO OFFER.COME ON,SHARPEN YOUR MINDS AND YOUR KEYBOARDS:THE HUB IS THROWING UPON YOU A SNEAKHOLE TO YOUR LATENT POTENTIAL LET YOUR VELOCITIES CONCENTRATE IN THE STORIES ARENA.SHORT STORIES,PROBABLY NOT EXCEEDING 1500 WORDS EITHER IN TAMIZH OR ENGLISH OR BOTH ARE ACCEPTABLE.ONE CAN PUSH IN ANY NUMBER OF ENTRIES.MAKE SURE YOU DONT MAKE OTHERS FEEL YOU'VE STOLEN SOMETHING.ALSO DONOT REPEAT ANYTHING WHICH YOU'VE WRITTEN PREVIOUSLY(EVEN AT THE HUB).BEST OF LUCK.NO JUDGES,OUR OWN HUBBERS WILL DECIDE.THE POLLING WILL START DECEMBER 31.GET SET GO!

chevy
14th November 2006, 06:44 PM
hi .. i am interested in this ..

Surya
15th November 2006, 12:53 AM
So Am I!!

What do the winners get? :huh:

Hub Wide Recognition of the Best Short Story Writer? :D

bulb_mani
15th November 2006, 01:03 AM
Venki Raja i already have a vry short and sweet story :D

Once Upon a Time A foreigner Came To India .................................................. .....................

and went Back!

Yaaru Vandha Namaku Ena... Velaiya Papom :D

:2thumbsup:

Surya
15th November 2006, 01:06 AM

Once Upon a Time A foreigner Came To India .................................................. .....................

and went Back!

I would vote this as the best SHORT STORY tht i've evre read! :2thumbsup: :lol2:

bulb_mani
15th November 2006, 01:07 AM

and went Back!

I would vote this as the best SHORT STORY tht i've evre read! :2thumbsup: :lol2:

sipi
15th November 2006, 01:32 AM

you, no need to tell that chevy... here, we are all know that... best wishes...

sipi
15th November 2006, 01:36 AM

you, no need to tell that chevy... here, we are all know that... best wishes...

VENKIRAJA
16th November 2006, 06:48 PM
So Am I!!

What do the winners get? :huh:

Hub Wide Recognition of the Best Short Story Writer? :D

yeah!you should not expect us to give sowbhagya wet grinder or aachi masala hamper,just a recognition,a remuneration - thats it,thats all.

VENKIRAJA
16th November 2006, 07:29 PM
www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6431

:my short stories are clumped here.

A DOUBT:BEING A ANNOUNCER MYSELF,CAN I SEND AN ENTRY?

VENKIRAJA
16th November 2006, 08:10 PM
maybe we'll post it to a weekly magazine for publishing,O.K?

chevy
16th November 2006, 08:17 PM
sure .. great!!

VENKIRAJA
16th November 2006, 08:47 PM
is the answer sure for my second question?

chevy
16th November 2006, 09:00 PM
is the answer sure for my second question? it is for both ..

we'd love to read ur story
and the publishin is gr8 idea //

chevy
22nd November 2006, 08:21 PM
hey venki ... wen's the deadline ??? i assume it's dec 30th ??

crazy
23rd November 2006, 01:58 PM
good luck to u all :)

Wibha
23rd November 2006, 02:04 PM
wat is da prize??????

chevy
23rd November 2006, 02:42 PM
should it be on any particular theme ..
how many entries max per writer???????? reply ..venki ...

and also ... i am ready with one entry ..tho not happy with it .
tell me whos gonna post first ?? surya ???

venki .. how many entries.... :roll: :roll: major conbusan ... and do we post da stories in this thread?

VENKIRAJA
23rd November 2006, 07:00 PM
THE RULES ARE CLEAR.U CAN SEND IN HOW MANY EVER ENTRIES U CAN.NO THEME AS SUCH,JUST AS U LIKE IT.(LET IT EVEN BE AS WE LIKE IT)THE STORIES CAN BE POSTED TILL DEC. 30,OR EVEN DEC. 31.POLLING OPEN TILL JAN. 31.IF URE ANTICIPATING ANY OPENERS,I'M READY.HERE I GO...

chevy
23rd November 2006, 08:19 PM
THE RULES ARE CLEAR.U CAN SEND IN HOW MANY EVER ENTRIES U CAN.NO THEME AS SUCH,JUST AS U LIKE IT.(LET IT EVEN BE AS WE LIKE IT)THE STORIES CAN BE POSTED TILL DEC. 30,OR EVEN DEC. 31.POLLING OPEN TILL JAN. 31.IF URE ANTICIPATING ANY OPENERS,I'M READY.HERE I GO... okay ....
u start ..
adn wil u b postin in another thread or here onli

VENKIRAJA
23rd November 2006, 10:36 PM
chevy......just send in ur entries here itself(reply here)okay?

chevy
23rd November 2006, 11:55 PM
chevy......just send in ur entries here itself(reply here)okay? okay ... when are u posting urs ...

rsubras
25th November 2006, 11:30 AM
i like this idea........ but posting here itself is not a very good idea imho..... probably we cud open another thread where all the stories alone can be posted and discussion on the stories and the contest related discussions we can have here .... wat say :)

chevy
25th November 2006, 01:54 PM
i like this idea........ but posting here itself is not a very good idea imho..... probably we cud open another thread where all the stories alone can be posted and discussion on the stories and the contest related discussions we can have here .... wat say :) yup .... we ll post the story in another thread ... with the title of the story .. and "( Short Story Contest )" written in the title as well ...

chevy
26th November 2006, 05:16 PM
[tscii:e414aa9543]i posted one ... no one's commenting ?? je suis très déçu .................... :( :( [/tscii:e414aa9543]

VENKIRAJA
26th November 2006, 05:43 PM
though that story had no twists and turns,proved to be creaming with emotions.is it true?however best of luck.send in ur nxt if u can.a good starter.

chevy
26th November 2006, 05:47 PM
though that story had no twists and turns,proved to be creaming with emotions.is it true?however best of luck.send in ur nxt if u can.a good starter. well .. does it seem to be true ?????????????? or just a cooked up story ???

VENKIRAJA
26th November 2006, 06:51 PM
one more important rule:u are not supposed to edit the story after 24 hrs of ur posting.till that its allowed.caution.

chevy
26th November 2006, 07:19 PM
all rite ..

bulb_mani
26th November 2006, 07:21 PM
:roll:

chevy
26th November 2006, 07:51 PM
:roll: :D

VENKIRAJA
26th November 2006, 09:12 PM
:roll: :roll:

chevy
29th November 2006, 09:46 PM
atomhouse ... well well .. nice anecdote.. following the policy .." keep it nice and short ." ... nice indeed... .

atomhouse
30th November 2006, 09:37 PM
atomhouse ... well well .. nice anecdote.. following the policy .." keep it nice and short ." ... nice indeed... .

Yeah....thanks..I've been reading your thread, 'this is chennai after all' & I very much like your writings...your first entry was very authentic... n I liked the flow n style of the second one though an obvious punch...

chevy
30th November 2006, 10:24 PM

Yeah....thanks..I've been reading your thread, 'this is chennai after all' & I very much like your writings...your first entry was very authentic... n I liked the flow n style of the second one though an obvious punch... meaning ?

atomhouse
1st December 2006, 09:15 AM
meaning a guessable end....but the pace was really enjoyable...

TamilMoon
1st December 2006, 09:49 AM
enakku idhulam varadhu'pa :wink:

VENKIRAJA
4th December 2006, 07:19 PM
how was prasanna gopal's?i thought it was so good,hmmm?

VENKIRAJA
10th December 2006, 11:09 AM
What happened?wasn't our stories not good?please comment guys.

VENKIRAJA
11th December 2006, 07:52 PM
my personal comments:
both the stories are perfect thrillers,with no logic problems.overall,clever entertainers crafted in blockbuster perfection.

bingleguy
16th December 2006, 09:40 AM
:-)

VENKIRAJA
16th December 2006, 09:26 PM
good one bingle!thanks for taking part,u'll be polled soon.please hurry participants,just 14 days left out.

VENKIRAJA
16th December 2006, 09:37 PM
veenai meetamaleye,raakam seviyai niraithuvittathu.veenaiyil narambukaLillirunthu vazintha kuruthi en manavarappukalil siru ootaiyay aakiyirukkinrana.konjam solli niraiya purinthathu,aam naan ninaithathu sariye.naan sanniyaasiyaaka irukkath thaan laayakku.

pavalamani pragasam
17th December 2006, 10:38 AM
:ty:
:idontgetit: (the last line)

VENKIRAJA
18th December 2006, 06:53 PM
atomhouse urs was a cute one!very well said.omen:the title is the best of the lot,i would say.chevy:ur entry:kismet was a very well executioned tell.to the core,picturised,animated and lively.all the best.not to forget mahu,experience has been narrated thru the keyboard.

bingleguy
18th December 2006, 08:27 PM
good one bingle!thanks for taking part,u'll be polled soon.please hurry participants,just 14 days left out.
Thanks Venki ...............

VENKIRAJA
19th December 2006, 07:40 AM
BINGLE,WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THE STORIES OF ABILASH,PRASANNA GOPAL AND MYSELF? :roll:

chevy
19th December 2006, 12:26 PM
did any1 read my stuff. . i ll going fer winter vacations ... and come online onli after jan 5th or something ..
so ppl hav fun pollin !!! all the best to every1`

VENKIRAJA
19th December 2006, 02:44 PM
did any1 read my stuff. . i ll going fer winter vacations ... and come online onli after jan 5th or something ..
so ppl hav fun pollin !!! all the best to every1`

I COMMENTED BUDDY,IN THE LAST PAGE.HOW WAS MYNE THEN?THE POLLING WILL GO ON FOR A FORTNIGHT OR MAYBE A MONTH EVEN,JANUARY.

madhu
22nd December 2006, 10:12 PM
ippathaan ovvoru story-a padichuttu irukken. nidhanama padikkanum. ellarume dhool kilapparaangappa :clap:

VENKIRAJA
28th December 2006, 04:22 PM
post in ur comments about all stories and suggestions for the concluding fests.

shocking kismet:true to the title,a no so high-voltage shock though.

spiderman on 29 c:i imagined something else,however got something much better.

killer:a very good thriller,the best climax:just a line.

omen:the best title of the contest

girivalam:nothing else,my favourite.

nallathor veenai:beautiful sense of story-telling,literary composition at zenith.

bingle's:very well told,robust,a bit rib-tickling

grandson's entry:nourishingly emotional,pictursque.

nivaaranam:tale told in its most placid and lucid form.

finished:not bad,not the best.

VENKIRAJA
2nd January 2007, 02:25 PM
no other comments?

VENKIRAJA
31st January 2007, 10:12 PM
PLEASE COMMENT FRIENDS.IT HELPS.

Prasanna
23rd February 2007, 12:51 PM
i m the guy who wrote one of the stories. as no one came forward to comment on my story i decided to help it myself :cry: :( :oops: :roll: :cry:

VENKIRAJA
23rd February 2007, 01:59 PM
i voted for u buddy.perhaps i feel to have voted for madhu.however i felt urs was more intersting to me.as madhu had so many(5)votes,i wanted my frend to have 1 atleast n i voted for u.

Prasanna
23rd February 2007, 02:07 PM
maybe we'll post it to a weekly magazine for publishing,O.K?[tscii][b][tscii]

Prasanna
23rd February 2007, 02:16 PM
PLEASE COMMENT FRIENDS.IT HELPS.[tscii:872fdf4573][/tscii:872fdf4573]

VENKIRAJA
24th February 2007, 09:09 AM
maybe we'll post it to a weekly magazine for publishing,O.K?[tscii][b][tscii]

PRASANNA,TYPE UR MSG AT THE BIGGER BOX THAT APPEARS DOWN IN UR MOBILE.NO MSG APPEARS IN UR POST,N I FIND IT IN THE POST SUBJECT COLUMN.

Prasanna
9th June 2007, 07:02 PM
no probs man. i ve found it out