PDA

View Full Version : YSR's New Albums - Version 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MADDY
17th November 2006, 07:40 AM
YSR fans, please suggest any changes in the Intro post......any correction, addition, subtraction, i would be more than happy to do it...... :D

Music4Ever
17th November 2006, 08:12 AM
Yuvan's music is pretty good. I was surprised when I heard thee pidikka II in ARR's Guru song that goes Barso re sung by Shreya Ghosal. The starting music of Barso re reminds strongly of the thee pidikka number. Well done, Yuvan. The competition though is really between Yuvan and Harris, who were born in the same decade and within about four years of each other.

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 04:50 PM
Yuvan's music is pretty good. I was surprised when I heard thee pidikka II in ARR's Guru song that goes Barso re sung by Shreya Ghosal. The starting music of Barso re reminds strongly of the thee pidikka number. Well done, Yuvan. The competition though is really between Yuvan and Harris, who were born in the same decade and within about four years of each other.

Thee pidikka II = Barso re ???? :confused2:

then i wonder wat is Mayyera & Oragapilla - Sainikudu & Sillukum Silimisham - Chennai Kadhal is to u ??? :bangcomp: :hammer:

do know when to use the term 'II' for a song !! :ty:

k_vanan
20th November 2006, 09:17 AM
RAMESWARAM MUSIC BY VIDYASAGAR

xml
22nd November 2006, 07:28 PM
YSR is aheadof ARR.
I have already mentioned about ARR's copied songs from YSR.
Just remind for YSR critisizers.
Kunnoru poochatti(Velai)>>>Dolna(Parasuram)
Oru nenjam illaNalil(Dheena)>>>Smaiyai(Kandu kondein)
Idu Kadala(TI)>>>New York(Sillunu Oru Kadal)
YSR the award winner for RAM in Cyprus.

Come out of the well before critisize others.

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 08:21 PM
YSR is aheadof ARR.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: with the tittle of ur post it shows who is in the well & who is not...!!! :rotfl: :notworthy:

selvakumar
22nd November 2006, 09:10 PM

This is the best IMO ! :lol2: I also like YSR. His TI rocked our college days. With good lyrics and nice packaging, IDU KAADHALA song was cool. If you say that a particular song is a copy of some other song, when we listen to any one of the songs, we should get the REAL FEEL of the other song ! Prove this first :)

Music4Ever
22nd November 2006, 10:24 PM
"YSR is aheadof ARR."

Possible, since ARR composes for one or two movies each year.
The comparison though should be between Harris and Yuvan. According to Behindwoods Harris is ahead of Yuvan and ARR is rated above Harris!!

"I have already mentioned about ARR's copied songs from YSR.
Kunnoru poochatti(Velai)>>>Dolna(Parasuram) "

Absolutely no resemblance. What are you thinking?

"Oru nenjam illaNalil(Dheena)>>>Smaiyai(Kandu kondein)"

Hmm. Kandu Kondein Kandu Kondein released in summer of 2000. Dheena released in 2001 according to Raaga. Moreover, it is usually the other way round, that Yuvan lifts subtly from ARR. Recent example is "Yedho mugame" from KaLvanin KAdhali, which is inspired from "Santhipoma" from E20U18. One can list many more.

"Idu Kadala(TI)>>>New York(Sillunu Oru Kadal)"

I am amazed at your skills! NOT.

"YSR the award winner for RAM in Cyprus."

This is a good one for Yuvan. He is a good MD and deserves to gain recognition.

"Come out of the well before critisize others."

Hmmm ....

dinesh2002
23rd November 2006, 08:10 AM
wow...music4eva....superb !!! :clap: :clap:

and yes...KKKK was released in 2000,just after Alaipayuthey audio was released and Dheena if im not mistaken it got released b4 minnale no...and that was 2001....

didint thought of that seriously...wow!xml,what a logic machan.... didnt know ARR had a time machine to go into the year 2001 to 'steal' YSR's Dheena song....!! :lol:

NagaS
23rd November 2006, 10:16 AM
Would be nice if we can avoid comparisions, YSR ***can be*** good, without even comparing him with ARR or HJ or any other MD

Just my 2 paisa :)

Music4Ever
23rd November 2006, 10:22 AM
"Would be nice if we can avoid comparisions, YSR ***can be*** good, without even comparing him with ARR or HJ or any other MD "

Absolutely. I would say that Yuvan has indeed proved himself with several good albums in the last three or four years. His music in Arindhum Ariyamalum was top class, IMO. He has also composed catchy numbers in Kadhal Kondein, Dheena, Rishi, 7G Rainbow Colony, among several others. He is a good MD.

rajaalltheway
25th November 2006, 12:21 AM
Vishnus' next outing after SARVAM planned with AJITH.Atlast some real big movies for YSR.

MrJudge
25th November 2006, 10:48 AM
According to Behindwoods Harris is ahead of Yuvan and ARR is rated above Harris!!

Yeah, as if their views reflect the true picture :lol: Agreed, Harris has done better than all other MDs commercially this year. But looking at the number of albums and varieties delivered, Yuvan outscores everybody else. I think it is good to see both of them winning in tfm and keeping the rest out. You know what I mean? :)

Vishnus' next outing after SARVAM planned with AJITH.Atlast some real big movies for YSR.

Don't believe it unless the project starts and the crew starts working after the official announcement.

dinesh2002
25th November 2006, 05:02 PM
seriously did YSR had any hits this year?? dun remember so... judge man, there were OTHER mds who had bigger hits than YSR this year! dun belive me ??

1.Unnai Kandene - Parijatham
2.Vaala meenaku - CP
3.Dailamore - Dhishoom

there r more ... but this 3 would be enuf to show that OTHER mds did BETTER than YSR....

ohh...4got to mention...another Mega Hit of 2006 were Sillunu Oru Kadhal & Varalaaru songs.... vaiyiru eyirume..... :lol: ...

fact'te pesurara...aiyo aiyo...ore thamasa iruke....!!! :rotfl:

Music4Ever
25th November 2006, 10:42 PM
"Yeah, as if their views reflect the true picture "

I just pointed out one source. You are free to point out to other sources having a different PoV. It will be good for a discussion, rather than a unilateral claim from you saying that "as if all their views ..."

"Agreed, Harris has done better than all other MDs commercially this year. "

Harris has done the best commercially in the last two to three years, I would say. Look at the formidable list which goes Kaaka Kaaka, Chellame, Ullam Ketkume, Anniyan, Ghajini, Vettayadu Velayadu. It is impressive.

"But looking at the number of albums and varieties delivered, Yuvan outscores everybody else. "

What do you mean variety? Looking at it any which way, Harris seems to shine all the way. People say lack of variety, nursery rhymish, hit because of good directors etc etc. But the bottom line is that his albums have been hugely popular, although I personally don't prefer most of his type of songs. Some of them, of course, I do like.

"I think it is good to see both of them winning in tfm and keeping the rest out."

No doubt the competition is between the two and no doubt that Harris is leading, IMO. Yuvan needs to come up with a cracker of an album or even two or three to neutralize Harris's influence on young people.

"You know what I mean?"

Please say explicitly. I don't want to read minds. You see what I mean?

slperson1
26th November 2006, 02:30 AM
2006 hits for YSR
Pattiyal & Vallavan

Yes Rahman is in his own league.He continuously makes new songs (as in tries to differentiate from his previous works) this is why he scores higher than HJ & YSR

why behindwoods put HJ in front of YSR?becuz of his consistency as far as hits are concerned.Why are his songs hits?because of the directors he works with.yes one or two will actually sound good but the album is lifted once the movie is a hit.HJ music always has that deja vu feel to it.either from his bgm or from rahmans works.HJ is known for using his songs over and over and using the same bgm for more than one film.

YSR hits the spot once inawhile as far as creativity is concerned (experimentation) yes he makes good music.but he stays within his shell most of the time.Yes he does good hip hop tamil mixing.but he doesnt move away from it when he tries to westernize songs.they all have the same feel.with two exceptions Lusu pennai and Eno Kangal.I want to see him tryin to experiment with that genre more like these songs.

sloshed
26th November 2006, 07:50 AM
Slbperson,

When you say Rahman is on a different league.... I dont understand .... Actually I find Rahman struggling to catch up with the league he set it up in the furst place... I dont see different songs from him... where did you see any 'Different songs ' in varalaru? Anbe Aruyire? SOK?
Apart from the enuf said 'two' songs from SOK.. that album is not 'mah precious' .. I dont think other than those two songs any other song is even played on TV ..let on reach the masses...and other than 'Innisai' ..I dont find a single hit song in Varalaru ?? .. less said about Ah AHH.. the better ...where is this talk of supersit songs and trying to differeniate/integrate business??? ahhh...wait a min.. these werent superhits becos the movies were flops... that tells me..even ARR's music needs the movie to be hits...sadly folks.!!

One thing I agree though is Rahman is more talented than any of the current MD's around.. But that doesnt gurantee him superhits songs on the strength of it.. otherwise.. IR would be still on top....

Coming to HJ... so why are his songs hit??
Funny you should point 1)directors !!! ....Now why didnt we ever point fingers when MR and Shanker stuck to ARR ....giving him superhits one after the other.... working with directors isnt anybody's fault....and yes.. MD's would be more happy to have their songs hits after their movie is released .. then they know they have exactly given the song for the situations...classica case ...'ayaa veedu' from Mathukulu Mariyathai... didnt that song fit the place to the T....
I have already wrote enuf about the 'Variety thingy' in my previous posts.. i dont want to repeat any of it here...

HJ is what ARR was some years back... his music is trendy and catchy instantly...youth now easily relate to him....simple... take an ordinary tune like 'nerupe ' or even 'rangola' ... pakcage it well.. add the special sounds ..an lo and behold.. we have a hit/... he is definitely getting more clever these days....

YSR to me hasnt proved himself... he is just a flash which occurs once in a while... where is the consistency YSR....??? I dont want to fall into blind IR worship whatsoever...let himprove himself by giving us a couple of AA... look at the junk he has given these days... 'KD...Vallavan...PV... and certainly I dont consider Vallavan as masterpiece.. if somebody does.. then so be it... seriously TFM need a 'followers'shakeup.. at one hand we have exciting talent such as ..Vijay antony .. joshua ...Prakash..charan... and on the other we see.. srikanth deva getting more chances than Vijay antony...phew!!! YSR needs to get out of his remix business.. and give us songs which will be in your hearts...and off course he has the talent for that!!

slperson1
26th November 2006, 08:36 AM
sloshed,
Rahman is in a different league.Show me another person who tries to do a song like "Jillunnu oru Kadhal" "Machakari" "new york nagaram" show me another person who makes a song like "theeyil vizhundhu" show me another person who does a song like "yakkai thiri." etc etc and if you do i bet they only try it after rahman has proved that type of song can be a hit.No one dare to experiment like he does.If he wanted he can do what HJ does and that is stick to what is known to be a hit.But he is way passed that now and wants to do better things. Ah Aah - the title song,mayilrage, thazhuvadhu.what else do you want?

As for HJ all he is doing is what Rahman did in the mid to late 90's.He is not doing anything different.that is why lots of people dont think much of him.He is just a high class deva.That is why his songs are hits because he is good at mimicry.He has nothing that distinguishes him.He just remakes rahmans classics.His songs aren't raves until after the movie is released EXCEPT Minnale

The reason we didnt point at Rahman is the same reason we didnt point at YSR or any others.Their songs become hits even before the movie releases.Any Mani, Shankar, Selvaraghavan combo the songs are hits even before the release of the movie.Has nothing to do with picturization and the end result of the movie. ie: Boys & Pudhupettai.

But when you look at HJ.He teamed up with Shankar.The songs were a washout with the masses until the picturization and the result of the movie.

You even agreed that HJ is what rahman was some years back.And i mean that literally.HJ just mimicks.

And i said YSR comes in flashes so i dont see why u made a long winded answer for that portion.Vallavan is better than any HJ album except for Minnale.Whose following?I think IR isnt all that.So stop assuming before you talk.

MADDY
26th November 2006, 09:03 AM
hey sloshed, i didnt want to discuss ARR in a YSR thread but u have made me do so....u want experimentation?? dont u realise the difference in sounds between his 90's song and today's songs?? he also experiments a lot nowadays.....imagine a jazz song as title track for a popular tamil hero's film......thats innovation 4 u....actually he is above commercial success/failures bcos of his humungous fan base......watever he does, we'll support him and will not let him fall atleast musically......

HJ - certainly needs to show variety in rythms and sounds........his albums are lapped up by general ppl. who are not aware of musical nuances and just play music in cars/parties/get togethers......and mind u, he doesent have a fan base like tat of ARR's or IR's......so if he falls, he will stay fallen......and dont tell me HJ is wat ARR was some years back......ARR had composed a Bombay Theme, a Duet, a Sangamam by this time.......even if he is like ARR some years back, then wats so special and unique abt him?? the day e gives some innovative non-rahmanish music, i'll be the first person to appreciate him......

Yuvan is a very good talent, listen to his Paruthi veeran.....its so different.......i like the way this guy wants to sound different from ARR........though U1 has many advantages over HJ, he is still a better prospect than HJ and will stay bcos of his fan base and IR fan base........

sloshed
26th November 2006, 10:10 AM
Jazz song as a title song for a popular hero's movie - Experimentation!!!

Okie furst things furst!! - Why is that folks @tfmpage immediately jump to 'jazz' conclusion whenever there is a trumpet and a base .... Can u please change ur conclusion to a tamil song with a hint of 'jazz' feel.. or let me know I will send you links to classical Jazz..

Secondly ... The 'jazz' song to a popluar movie is an experimentaion... and now why would that be? .
* The movie is a love story
* The song isnt an introductory song for the popular hero
Had this been a violent..action oriented theme.. and ARR chose to be different (Like what Shivaji's intro song promises to) ..then I would adhere to the fact that was an experimentation... Lets face it.. nobody experiments anymore...not even IR..

HJ - music.. lapped up by general people who doesnt understand the nuances of music.... and played only in parties/cars blah blah blah...
Unfortunately for you there are too many people who dont understand the nuances of music in TN...
I just cant be bewildered by your outrageos statement about people.. if I remember correct...the same arguemnet was used by defender of IR when ARR broke into the scene... did he attract any serious music buffs.. no he went straight into the minds of youngsters.. simple...uncomplicated foot tapping music... and it was lapped up by many who 'didnt' understand the nuances and made him what you just called the fan base.... (talking about fan base..visited 'song of the year thread' explains a lot now ...!!))

HJ is doing just that .. he is uncomplicated and raises the bar when required... and captures the youth a very big way ... one particular mention .. the song 'Oru Nathi' from Samurai... saw it performed on stage by some studentson stage in California recently ..rocked the auditoirium..!! I dont think somebody with 'no real talent' could compose something like that...And please no sweat about his lack of fan base.. if only Ranji ..or IR ..or ARR thought about it when they exploded the scene...or you think tfmage is the mirror replica of the stats!
Yuvan as I said... may have serious fan base bocos of his genius father.. (unfortunately his genes are in more infamously intact in his brother KR)... but seriously needs to cut down on the number of moives and concentrate on quality... he should know who his target audiences are...and play it to them... I think tfm looks more healthy now with the arrival of Prakash and Charan ( the one in Parijatham)... YSR isnt going to have it easy ... forget trying to be like his dad... his dad is out of reach for anybody.... In this age you either play it to the youngsters or pack your bags... sorry state .. but then its been like this for sometime now...

MADDY
26th November 2006, 11:21 AM
The 'jazz' song to a popluar movie is an experimentaion... and now why would that be? .
* The movie is a love story
* The song isnt an introductory song for the popular hero

ok, list me the movies where HJ had given innovative,different genre music for title tracks.......or list me any movie that Jazz intro song in tamil??? and it is Jazz, my dear frnd, it was confirmed by many music experts.......

did he attract any serious music buffs.. no he went straight into the minds of youngsters.. simple...uncomplicated foot tapping music... and it was lapped up by many who 'didnt' understand the nuances and made him what you just called the fan base.... (talking about fan base..visited 'song of the year thread' explains a lot now ...!!))

dude, u conveniently tend to forget the Bombay Theme music, Duet album, Minsara Kanavu, Dil se, Sangamam, Kizhakku cheemayile.....these werent just foot tapping youth loving songs.....they had uniquness written al over it......now tell me where has HJ come up with such albums in his first 6 years???

And please no sweat about his lack of fan base.. if only Ranji ..or IR ..or ARR thought about it when they exploded the scene...or you think tfmage is the mirror replica of the stats!

boss, again within 6 years the kinda of fan base IR,ARR or a Rajini had was earth shattering to say the least......HJ is not a new comer as u suggest, he has been here for 6 years, dont u think he shud have a decent fan base by now??

see, i'm not telling HJ is not talented......he is talented.....but he shuld innovate more........he shuld try new things........moreover, just bcos HJ and U1 give more hits than IR and ARR now, doesent mean they are greater than them.........unneccessary comparison of ARR with the upcoming MDs shuld be avoided......

and i cant agree more on YSR reducing quantity and work on quality....

dinesh2002
26th November 2006, 12:07 PM
hmmm...its funny u said there isnt any other Hit songs from Varalaaru and SOK.... ive been seeing Suntv playing Dhinam Deepavali,Kama Karayile, Innisai & Kaatril songs beeing played through out the day.....esp Kaatril....they played it very often in a day...

SOK....JIllunu oru kadhal,Machakari, Munbe Va,New York Nagaram..these were the hits in the album....ofcource, ive noticed they only play Machkari & Munbe Va.... and as u know,they cant play Jilunnu Oru Kadhal as it was used as the BGM for the credit,that too in a diff version... NEw York is played in local radio quite often enough to be called a fav among the massess....

Dirs def play a huge role in a MD's success,if not y do u think they alwiz mention about a combo between a dir & md ?? [ Selva & YSR, ARR & MR/Shankar, HJ & Gautham] ??they will be able to know ur capabilty and extract that hidden magic within u into a song... i notice this happened in many combo,without failing EVERYTIME... proof to me that any of the above mentioned combo ever failed??

about Anniyan, a pause button between ARR & Shankar, infact, a huge hit in the year 2005... that didint motivate Shankar to use HJ for Shivaji, knowing his 'home' is alwiz ARR.... Anniyan songs were nothing but compilation of previous ARR-Shankar songs, thats what actually that album moved into a huge hit in tamil....

with HJ songs beeing a huge hit nowdays,i would say its ARR style & music that is living !again & again....thanks to HJ!!

again here im not saying HJ is nothing but ARR's clone, he has composed many good songs,and his songs r very catchy,but i think he needs more depth in his songs... seriously i feel Partha Mudhal naal lacks many many elements that a love song needs.... its a hit,yes,but seriously,something is missing.....i dunno wut....

and BACK TO THE ACTUALY TOPIC OF THE THREAD..... YSR on the other hand is not having any promising dirs in hand except Selva...his non-selva songs r beeing repetitive & jaring.... there is where he loses out to HJ...Hj can provide any types/variety to any dirs...and churn out a HIT,which what is the big deal now... but again his most powerful onces again appear in Gautham's albums....

wat u guys think ??

vasanth2006
26th November 2006, 12:26 PM
YSR fans, please suggest any changes in the Intro post......any correction, addition, subtraction, i would be more than happy to do it...... :D

Maddy,

i think yuvan is the one who is introduced the HIP-HOP style to TFM.

and he is the one who exploited the RAP music well.

these are my opinions.

vasanth2006
26th November 2006, 12:32 PM
Guys,

u1's some of the albums this year

1)kalvanin kadhali

2)pattiyal

3)AIBI

4)pudhupettai

5)thimiru

6)vallavan

7)paruthiveeran

You can see the variety in the all these films. each and every album has different genres and different styles of music. please compare the styles of music in these albums. all are entirely different.
(for ex PP, PV, AIBI music styles are not in any other u1 movie. may be some of the songs in KK, Pattiyal, vallavan has same style.other than that all are different colors of music.). Even though he is experimenting lot, he is able to give the hits.that is fantastic guys. what else u expect? did u see any IR or ARR style in these albums? i think no.

regarding AIBI, PP,

TN is unable to recognise the new genre of quality music.(may be because of these films are not reached well.). u1's fault is that he is not selecting the proper films IMO.( judge may oppose this). he is not doing the experimentations in the appropriate films.

Dnt forget guys U1 is King of BGM. in this dept, he is challenging the another king of BGM IR.

Totally 1 film in 1 year. 2 hit songs. he is better than u1????? unbelivable.

in popularity/Hit wise HJ is competiting with u1. HJ is giving some memorable melodies.that is fact. but talent wise HJ is nowhere near u1. u1 is in diff league IMO. that is also fact.

slperson1
26th November 2006, 12:48 PM
Vasanth2006,
Actually it was rahman to bring hip hop and rap to tfm.True that YSR uses it alot more than rahman,but it was rahman who brought it into tfm long ago.

sloshed
26th November 2006, 11:34 PM
slbperson...
sorry to have ignored your post ... I overlooked yours for Maddy's...
I wished I hadnt seen it at all... you look like another mindless basher of HJ... to quote from you ....

1)That is why his songs are hits because he is good at mimicry
2)The songs were a washout with the masses until the picturization and the result of the movie
3)Vallavan is better than any HJ album except for Minnale

I think any amount of writing from me is not gonna help the cause esp after your third arguement .. why did you exclude Minnale ..wasnt it 'mimicrified' from the song notes written in ARR's toilet seat cover?
Maddy,
let me be very clear here. I will not and never compare HJ to ARR. Just becos HR is giving multiple hits in hindi nobody is gonna raise him above RDB or SDB.

My critque of ARR (in tamil) will be that
why is that his songs arent what used to be? (adhering to the fact that whenever you want to quote from him look at the period of the movies you have quoted...what pre 2002??)

I dont tell me its in the name of experimentation and now he is beyond commercial successes... I think everyone needs it and he needs it badly as well. You should look at his face when he lit up so enthusiastically for SOK , now varalaru would put him in high spirits. I wont blame the music quality of varalaru on ARR rather on KSR.
Its just that I am against people branding HJ as nuthing like slperson said.. vallavan better than any HJ album ..or like dinesh quoted... anniyan is a compliation of ARR songs and thats why is a huge hit...or like Shankar didnt go back to HJ after that ..so ARR is greatest.... MR.MANI didnt go back to IR after Anjali...so Anjali was crap??

Now i can compare U1 with HJ becos they both are under the influence ARR and IR. Agreed U1 is better in the BGM department. if BGM is the only yardstick then IR will be only MD in tfmpage. Unfortunately its the sons which dictate the success of the MD not the BGM. Average movie goers dont understand what a BGM is. And U1 isnt short of opportunites... take Sandai Kohzi .. take thimiru ... the songs... I wuouldnt have cried foul if somebody told me the music was by deva or SAR. He could have taken the movie to great heights. He didnt.. and then he comes up with remixes which are hardly ear catchy.. I think the folks at Yogi B ..can do awesome remixes than him. Youvan needs to give more AA,KNM,RAM.... that was super stuff... 2006 was a terrible year for him .. and he needs to bounce back asap... Vijay antony and GVPrakash are knowcking the door harddddd...

MADDY
27th November 2006, 08:04 AM
Maddy,

i think yuvan is the one who is introduced the HIP-HOP style to TFM.

and he is the one who exploited the RAP music well.

these are my opinions.

done :D .....check the into post now...

Sloshed, u seem to be the man for "HJ-vukku mariyadhai"..........hmmmmm fair enuf, but wat to do, he has to stop all these things by composing for classics......now dont tell me VV and Ullam Ketkumae are classics.......i meant a Duet for ARR, Sindhu Bhairavi for IR or something like that......giving popular stuff only will invite criticism, he has to give class music...... :D .....also he has to stop being similar to ARR.......otherwise Dinesh wont keep quiet.... :lol: ......my prescription for HJ (pyaar se):

1. Compose Classics
2. Be different from ARR....

U1 escapes with his classy BGM........so theres something classy abt him atleast.... :D

ajaybaskar
27th November 2006, 02:58 PM
YSR is aheadof ARR.

Malaikkum maduvukkum mudichu podatheenga nanba...

Dheena was released after kandukonden
Parasuram songs were composed after pudhiya mugam. the movie was shot late.
Idhu kaadhalavukum new york nagarathukkum ennappa sambandham?

dinesh2002
27th November 2006, 03:48 PM
sloshed, 1st of all,u need to accept the other part of HJ, yes...i agree with the facts u say on HJ...

HJ gives blockbuster audio hits now
Hj totthethellam hit aigirum
Hj songs r very catchy & hummable

tell me a person who would say Anniyan has the unique HJ stamp all over it... !! ?? they would probably say it sounds very ARRIsh or "i taut it was ARR?" :lol: if im not mistaken, Shankar did some additional programming on the songs... do confirm after checkin the inlay card of Anniyan cd....i never said Shankar never works with HJ again bcoz ARR is the greatest... but wut i meant was ARR is the 1 that could satisfy Shankar's need in difference... a very good example compare each & every album of Shankar-ARR...u will never find the same type of songs... Anniyan could be easily said Mudhalvan part 2...album wise.....

about MR - IR, im not commenting anything... coz i wasnt there when that combo rocked !! not sure y MR dun even wanna use IR even once after Roja..... Anjali was a good album...the BGM rrocked!!!

newayz.... as maddy said...he is already in the field for 6 years.... he needs some classy albums/songs.... ARR had a DUET & Karuthamma albums in his 3rd year in the industry....im expecting a decent class album in Pachakili Muthucharam... lets wait & watch....

sloshed
28th November 2006, 10:12 AM
nobody doing anything to revive Yuvan's thread so I take the liberty to discuss about HJ and ARR and Yuvan...

Maddy...
you mentiond HJ has to stop all this by composing classics...are you sure you arent confusing classic with classical....

even if you meant classic... for arguement sake...will tfm ever have another classic ? a classic driven by music....history has always favoured classics where movie content has more weightage...and almost all songs associated with them are hits...seldom rarely it happens the other way around...
Looking at the classics in my shelf..
Sindhu Bhairavi ...
Mouna Ragam
Salangai Oli
Idayathai thirudathey
Alaipayuthey
dil se
Nayagan
Varusham 16
Thillu Mullu
Iruvar ..
An MD doesnt decide a classic .. he can only aid the process... an example Kathal Kottai.. its a classic in TF industry, songs?? more examples sethu .. pithamagan... Now can songs carry the film and make it a classic .. closest when it was done was in 'Kathal Ovyiam' and maybe 'Idhyam oru Kovil' but they fell short .....

I dont think tamil movie industry can produce a classic.. I think the audience are grown out of it.. even if a sindhu bhairavi is to be made today ..it would be rejected outright.... women have now tv's to sit and cry thru...

All that the MD's can do right now is produce popular music.. HJ is doing fine at that ....
As far as copying ARR...what can I say ... I think HJ is now at a position where u can identify his songs from the rest.. just as ARR used to be...

Dinesh ... so whats ARR about Anniyan again ..???? If you still want to start with Kumari .. go ahead I wont argue with you more ... Kathal Yanai ??? Randakka? Kannum Kannum ???? Aiyengar ?? what is ARR in Anniyan??

And please rest easy .. nobody told me 'that they thought it was by ARR... which is both boon and a blessing....Anniyan could be easily mudhalvan part 2 ????? I dont where you get this assumption.... I dont want to point out rank ordinary songs in ARR-Shankar combinations .. lets leave that aside for a while...

And btw .. I am suprised to Duet included in Classics ?? I thought Dil se will be in your list... Duest wasnt a class movie wise.. and musicswise.. with 'kulicha Kuttralam .. Katharika ....' doesnt help its cause in becoming a classic.. if you claim that they are superhit songs.. then it just falls in the popular genre.. the only usp is the vivid use of saxophone .. a first in tam movies.... I think songwise.. Minsara Kanavu KKKK..Rythm...Dil se will fit the bill ...

njv
28th November 2006, 10:28 AM
didnt see much going on discussing paruthiveeran. dir went to YSR and asked him to lift tunes from virumaandi, he did that. simple.

they should have gone for IR for this movie, since this seems to be a village based and theme oriented movie and YSR is not good at this. May be he can do better job in BGM. Lets see.

dinesh2002
28th November 2006, 10:41 AM
sloshed...interesting things u have put up here... hmm..about Anniyan songs...ur asking what is ARR in Anniyan?? that is really funny dude,tell me what is NOT ARR in Anniyan...i wanna see that...

about classics...for me..the term CLASSIC is, when u can compose something outstanding,less of mass influence, more on quality & more on something unique.... in that, Duet def is in it.... what is so bad about Kulicha song that makes it falls out of the Classic list ??? i think its more on Folk+Modern knda song....unique i should say...we take a easy example man, has HJ composed anything like Duet Theme Music in his 3 years of beeing in the industry??? we count from 2001 - 2003...gimme a theme that has something beautiful like that....and im not talking about movies here...im talking about MUSIC..im not going to move on ARR's hindi projects...coz i really wanna compare & contrast ARR & HJ in the the correct time period and in the same field....

about the part u said...all a md needs now is a hit...HJ is doing fine...yes...agreed.... im not against with it, his songs fame is very very high...but to show ur diff & the 1 to be in the list with MSV-IR-ARR, u need to balance the hit & quality...remember ARR & IR never only gave a hit,but also quality at the same time... ;)

MADDY
28th November 2006, 11:56 AM
didnt see much going on discussing paruthiveeran. dir went to YSR and asked him to lift tunes from virumaandi, he did that. simple.

they should have gone for IR for this movie, since this seems to be a village based and theme oriented movie and YSR is not good at this. May be he can do better job in BGM. Lets see.

no njv, songs were pretty original i suppose.......good effort from YSR........maybe Ariyadha vayasu was a bit like "pithamagan" and "Avatharam" songs but apart from that album is good.... :D

sloshed, u r again avoiding the main points.........as Dinesh put it - he is only giving hits, but lacking in quality.........now tell me, wat was so earth-shaking in suttum vizhi sudar or a Paartha mudhal naal??? they were good tunes, thats it..........

the nearest he came to compose a classic was ullam ketkumae......we need more of such stuff.........

app_engine
30th November 2006, 12:00 AM
மணிரத்னம் - இளையராஜா சேர்ந்து செய்த கடைசிப்படம் "தளபதி" (1991)...அஞ்சலி(1990) அல்ல...

rajasaranam
30th November 2006, 12:41 AM
Dinesh,
You are opening up a pandora's box i think. If we are gonna compare the first three years of a composer how about comparing IR's first three years with anybody else's.
IMO that should not be a criteria anymore. What sloshed is Trying to tell is about the present day condition where no more classics or experiments or quality music is required by the movie makers or even the movie goers. It all depends on catchy rhythms and neat packaging. There HJ/YSR excels in present times.
En rendu paisa :)

dinesh2002
30th November 2006, 08:12 AM
Dinesh,
You are opening up a pandora's box i think. If we are gonna compare the first three years of a composer how about comparing IR's first three years with anybody else's.
IMO that should not be a criteria anymore. What sloshed is Trying to tell is about the present day condition where no more classics or experiments or quality music is required by the movie makers or even the movie goers. It all depends on catchy rhythms and neat packaging. There HJ/YSR excels in present times.
En rendu paisa :)

not to bring any havocks here...still wut ARR did in his 1st 3 years is something wonder to happen to a MD...im sure wut ARR tasted in his 1st 3 years,even IR never had that.... correct me if im wrong... so wut ur saying that TAMIL SONGS now that r produced nowdays r no classic or quality..??thats enuf... it shows HJ/YSR can NEVER be compared to ARR in any ground for that fact... let the young Mds fight for the 'trash' films/songs now ! ;) so the saying ARR isnt in the race with this mds in the field, im glad that ARR is not in it ;)...

sloshed
1st December 2006, 06:52 AM
Dinesh
I am not saying Tamil Songs produced nowadays have no quality ... it just so difficult to become a classic....
becomes the classic movies are very rare.... The tamil film industry can only bank on a few directors to give them a classic.. MR..Bala.. Selvaraghavan....
You are right HJ/YSR shouldnt be compared to ARR...just like ARR shouldnt be compared to IR....
It so happens HJ/YSR/ARR are still in the same playing field..(IR is def not.. I think he should be happy with what Bala and Kamal are offering him) and sadly ARR isnt producing any superior quality of music in Tamil anymore to distinguish from the playing field.... comparisons become inevitable...

Maddy ...I am suprised you mentioned 'earth-shattering' songs... I mean what are they ? .. if I am right I can define those songs which became ' an anthem ' for a limited time..... in recent years
Oh podu..... appadi podu.... althotta bhupathi ...vala meenu..suttum vizhi .... snehithane..
and these certainly need not be about quality....

If earth shattering songs need to be about quality .. it never reaches people... to my limited knowledge of music.. the mother of all earth shattering songs in the recent years should have been 'Poo Poothathu' from MX ...I JUST cant find a flaw in that song...or any other song coming closer to the level of that compostion ...what happened to that song... 90% of TN .. doesnt know the song exists....

or take ARR's 'thee kuruvi' from KKS.... amazing innovation and creatvity...beautifully constructed.. status: 75% of TN will ask "what? who? "

I think people songs that are easy to lipsync...simple tunes...when they feel like singing...they dont want complicated tunes .. thast explains a lot why is a 'telephone Mani' is more famous than 'Kappaleri Pochchu'
IR mastered it .. he could create such songs with real ordinary tunes in 'Mankuyile' or 'Thuliyele' ...

I think we can see the change all over the world... look at the rock/pop scene in America... where are the days where people swayed to metallica/nirvana/pink floyd etc... these days even the 'american idiot' or a la 'backstreet boyz' are hugely popular...

So its become horses for courses... and HJ is doing that fine.. I think his Kakka Kakka was an excellent album .. gave exactly the film needed.. Yuvan beautifully did that in RAM/7G ... To me I would conclude that he lacks natural talent or he is masking things.... He is the same guy who stood out with 'Vaseeegra' during the ARR era...just like ARR stood out with 'chinna chinna Aasai' in IR era...and he is also the same guy who composed ..'Dil Ko Tumse pyaar hua' in RHTDM .. if you tell me now that song doesnt have quality .. I cant argue more....

sloshed
1st December 2006, 06:54 AM
To me I wouldnt conclude that he lacks natural talent or he is masking things
Sorry for the typos...

dinesh2002
1st December 2006, 08:16 AM
hmmm...sloshed...pretty much true... but then the balance between quality & mass now is not as high even in the year 2000.... imagine, KKKK,which i would say it was rather a class album than a mass album kind, it got a fame which really shocked me... and even IR's Hey Ram audio was a rage - Nee Partha... see the diff...KKS was pretty much on the KKKK line,quality wise...but it was not even a quater as popular as KKKK...the degrading is there...and to be called as musical hit at a time like this...i dun really think it is something to be proud of,isnt it?? the songs that could be listenable at a time like this, r very very limited compared to 80s & 90s...now 60 films released a year...300 songs out there...only 10 will be a major hit...and no doubt,atleast 5 would be HJs..... lets see what will happened next year...hope changes will shower on TFM next year!!

MADDY
1st December 2006, 11:43 AM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3932&start=150

Dinesh/sloshed - come here :arrow:

dinesh2002
1st December 2006, 01:34 PM
ok MADDY....sorry guys...got carried away i gues.... about YSR this year...Loose penne rocks...!!!!

itsmuls
4th December 2006, 10:34 AM
YSR's new Album "Billa" with Ajith, direction by Vishnuvardhan,

http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8694

itsmuls
6th December 2006, 01:28 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27499.html

A musical year!
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, December 06, 2006]

"Yuvan had a long list of hits this year including Pudhupettai, Pattiyal and the recent Vallavan. His Loosu Pennae has become an anthem among the youth. Yuvan's tunes in Paruthi Veeran are already popular now."

MrJudge
6th December 2006, 03:19 PM
Looks like Madhavan will do Sarvam for Vishnuvardan.

vasanth2006
6th December 2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27499.html

A musical year!
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, December 06, 2006]

"Yuvan had a long list of hits this year including Pudhupettai, Pattiyal and the recent Vallavan. His Loosu Pennae has become an anthem among the youth. Yuvan's tunes in Paruthi Veeran are already popular now."

Very Good analysis. 8-)

vasanth2006
6th December 2006, 07:45 PM
Looks like Madhavan will do Sarvam for Vishnuvardan.

thats very good move. i also thought that madhavan is the perfect alternate for surya. i like both of them.

btw now vishnu will direct either sarvam or billa?

judge, where u got the info?

MrJudge
6th December 2006, 10:51 PM
vasanth:

It was reported on cinesouth.com, not official I think. Vishnu will do billa 2007 only after completing Sarvam.

k_vanan
12th December 2006, 12:28 PM
is that YSR scoring music for Koodal Nagar. as i read music score by Srikanth Deva. how suddenly behindwoods reported YSR doing music. is that true ?

vasanth2006
12th December 2006, 01:22 PM
is that YSR scoring music for Koodal Nagar. as i read music score by Srikanth Deva. how suddenly behindwoods reported YSR doing music. is that true ?

I think that is wong news. but u1 might be replaced SD.

vasanth2006
14th December 2006, 03:36 PM
u1 committed the new movie "thesiya nedunsalai". dhanush acting in it. new director is directing this movie. dhanush family banner production.

MrJudge
14th December 2006, 05:16 PM
u1 committed the new movie "thesiya nedunsalai". dhanush acting in it. new director is directing this movie. dhanush family banner production.

I think the director (don't know the name) has done one of dhanush's movies before *ing sridevi, karunas, sathyan..

vasanth2006
14th December 2006, 06:33 PM

I think the director (don't know the name) has done one of dhanush's movies before *ing sridevi, karunas, sathyan..

No. not that "pupathi pandian". currently he is directing the "thiruvilayadal arambam".

this film's directors name is vetri maran.

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 03:16 PM
Pattiyal Original Soundtrack

01. Saamy Entrance
02. Selva First Kill
03. Arya Bike Ride
04. Selva Thinks Of Santhya
05. Selva Walks Santhya
07. Yedhedho
08. Shooting Practice
09. On The Run
10. Poga Poga
11. Santhya Finds The Truth
12. Selva Asks Forgiveness
13. Selva Makes A Mistake
14. Namma Kaatula
15. Selva Cries
16. Kosi Dies
17. Kosi Burial
18. Saamys New Partner
19. Pattiyyal

http://www.uploading.com/?get=6RFT0M7E

or

http://www.oxyshare.com/get/40980052744a186f7744a46.07633162/TamilNapster.com_Pattiyyal(Soundtrack).zip.html

vasanth2006
20th December 2006, 12:11 PM
When the Deepavali songs releasing guys??? any idea...

i dont expect thamirabharani. because it will be complete mass album. but Deepavali should have some fantastic melodies.

btw agaram is going to release....(i seen ad only once in newspaper) it has 2 good melodies....

btw paruthiveeran's ariyatha vayasu and the folk numbers are airing in FM stations. Good sign...

MrJudge
20th December 2006, 02:40 PM
seriously did YSR had any hits this year?? dun remember so... judge man, there were OTHER mds who had bigger hits than YSR this year! dun belive me ??

1.Unnai Kandene - Parijatham
2.Vaala meenaku - CP
3.Dailamore - Dhishoom

there r more ... but this 3 would be enuf to show that OTHER mds did BETTER than YSR....

ohh...4got to mention...another Mega Hit of 2006 were Sillunu Oru Kadhal & Varalaaru songs.... vaiyiru eyirume..... :lol: ...

fact'te pesurara...aiyo aiyo...ore thamasa iruke....!!! :rotfl:

SOK couldn't overcome VV and Vallavan was hit musically and threw GF into trash among Diwal releases, no one even bothered to listen to GF in tamilnadu. Now tell me what do you mean by hits? As usual your theory will work only in Malaysia la, not here. Your buddy's name alone will not be saleable in TN, he needs someone like Shankar/Rajini to back him up. If Shivaji turns out to a thundu, then he needs to pack and settle in Malaysia. Please look for him a place, will you?? :lol:

MrJudge
20th December 2006, 02:58 PM
[tscii:f6f5729f54]Vasanth:

Thamarabharini audio will be released in couple of weeks time.

Thamarabharini

Vishal’s Thamarabharini shoot will be completed by Friday (Dec 22) and Yuvan will start the re-recording by weekend. The first copy of the film should be ready by Jan 5 and it releases on Bhogi day Jan 14, Sunday.

I think Chennai 28 will also be released soon.[/tscii:f6f5729f54]

MADDY
20th December 2006, 03:23 PM
SOK couldn't overcome VV and Vallavan was hit musically and threw GF into trash among Diwal releases, no one even bothered to listen to GF in tamilnadu. Now tell me what do you mean by hits? As usual your theory will work only in Malaysia la, not here. Your buddy's name alone will not be saleable in TN, he needs someone like Shankar/Rajini to back him up. If Shivaji turns out to a thundu, then he needs to pack and settle in Malaysia. Please look for him a place, will you?? :lol:

that at the best is laughable.... :lol: .......we all know that Vallavan music just died after 1 week of movie's colossal flop....... :lol: ......Varalaaru's Innisai grew on to become a bigger hit than Loosu penne, with so many once mores in theatres.... 8-)

infact, after giving flops like AIBI,PP,Vallavan,Kedi this year - YSR is on a very sticky wicket.......u heard Unnale Unnale??? HJ's growth will affect YSR and not ARR - adha mudhala purinjiko.......

anyways - i really want Paruthiveeran to be a hit, it really deserves to be - though Judge is a fan of YSR :lol:

bulb_mani
20th December 2006, 03:25 PM
Mr.Naatamai .... r u living in noman's land or what? Vallavan's music went into gutter after the movie's flop except loosu penne... otherwise INNISAI , THEEYIL and KAATRIL song grew to become hits... :)

MrJudge
20th December 2006, 03:38 PM
u heard Unnale Unnale??? HJ's growth will affect YSR and not ARR - adha mudhala purinjiko.......

Do you still think ARR in the race? He was retired from TFM long time back. I don't mind HJ winning the race. As long as YSR/HJ is winning, I am happy :)

anyways - i really want Paruthiveeran to be a hit, it really deserves to be - though Judge is a fan of YSR :lol:

Also don't wish anything for YSR's movies. Things will be allright if you do that.

vasanth2006
20th December 2006, 03:57 PM
"SOK couldn't overcome VV"

I am not sure on this. because the two albums
are in same level i think. both SOK(munbe vaa, newyork) and VV(manjal, partha naal) are very well reached to the mass.

"Vallavan was hit musically and threw GF into trash among Diwal releases , no one even bothered to listen to GF in tamilnadu"

regarding this, GF is definitely not reached the mass. padam hit ahiyum pattu hit agathathu ithuthan ARRkku mudhal thadavai.
(same like Thimiru, even though thimiru is a hit movie, but songs failed to reach the mass except one song "mana madhurai").

but Vallavan is huge musical hit. it reached A to C. even though this movie failed at BO.

" If Shivaji turns out to a thundu, then he needs to pack and settle in Malaysia. Please look for him a place, will you?? "

My request you to MrJudge, Please avoid harsh words like "thundu". you can tell your opinions effectively without using these type of words. but in the suitable manner. Dont mistake me, as a yuvan fan, this is my suggestion only. if you dont like, then discard my request.

MADDY
20th December 2006, 04:22 PM
Do you still think ARR in the race? He was retired from TFM long time back. I don't mind HJ winning the race. As long as YSR/HJ is winning, I am happy :)

y not?? munbe va and nyn are equally popular to paartha mudhal naal & manjal veyil.....with varalaaru, ARR has a BO hit as well......wat else u need??

Also don't wish anything for YSR's movies. Things will be allright if you do that.

hmmmmm- i wished for ARR's success and now he is multiple oscar nominee...... 8-) ........btw, u dont take tension abt other's likes/dislikes....

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 05:47 PM

yo bro.... as Maddy & Vasanth said, SOK songs r in par with VV's songs fame.... infact,currenly, SOK songs r still popular,and VV's song popularity has gone down.... everywhere,everyone's ringtone now is Munbe Va.... :).... Vallavan?? man,it had 1 of YSR's strongest tracks,and yea,its musically hit.... im not a hypocrit like u dude :P....and yea, if my theory only applies here in Malaysia,that means malaysians here have a better taste & still thelive than where u live.... :lol: :lol: :lol: tell me in TN,which MD in TN's name is saleable??? if ARR's doesnt, NO ONE DOES....trust me...its plain fact...!!! illaina,yen Kedi, Madhu, Thotti Jeya ellam flop'pa ponachu??!!

when Shivaji turn out to be a super hit, i will seek for u a place in Malaysia.... ur welcome.... DEAL??!! 8-)

vasanth2006
20th December 2006, 06:02 PM
tell me in TN,which MD in TN's name is saleable??? if ARR's doesnt, NO ONE DOES....trust me...its plain fact...!!! illaina,yen Kedi, Madhu, Thotti Jeya ellam flop'pa ponachu??!!

I doubt this after varalaru movie. because even though varalaru movie is hit, but songs are not reached well. :roll:

selvakumar
20th December 2006, 06:06 PM
I doubt this after varalaru movie. because even though varalaru movie is hit, but songs are not reached well. :roll:

How did you judge this one?

vasanth2006
20th December 2006, 06:24 PM

I didnt seen varalaru songs in any of the TV channels. i seen only occassionaly. the same situation for FM's also.

in common listener point of view, will they either know loosu penne or innisai alapadeye???? they even dont know about varalaru songs. I am telling this in the common listener perspective.

mind it I am not trying to degrade ARR. I already told that SOK's songs are very well reached.

These are all my opinions only. your opinions may differ. I am ending this discussion here :wave: :wave:

selvakumar
20th December 2006, 06:43 PM
I didnt seen varalaru songs in any of the TV channels. i seen only occassionaly. the same situation for FM's also.
in common listener point of view, will they either know loosu penne or innisai alapadeye???? they even dont know about varalaru songs. I am telling this in the common listener perspective.
mind it I am not trying to degrade ARR. I already told that SOK's songs are very well reached.
These are all my opinions only. your opinions may differ. I am ending this discussion here :wave: :wave:

TV Channels. I think you are referring to SUN MUSIC which had simbu and our TR :lol2: as Special guests ! They started promoting the audio longtime back for Vallavan :lol: and for GF they didn't telecast them since they are not telecasting any ajith songs even if the callers ask for the same. That shows that TV channels cannot be considered. Same is the case with FMs. Even for TPT, songs were repeatedly asked for. Do u think a song like Innisai wouldn't have been asked by the callers? IF they had allowed it, it would have come next to rAA rAA 8-)

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 07:31 PM
its weird,coz i alwiz see them play GF songs in Suntv nowdays...esp that show, Neengal Ketha Paadal alwiz people will request for Kamma Karayile....and SUN MUSIC time they played Innisai & Kaatril.... the songs pretty much reached the audience... but we can say not as much as SOK that is.... !! :)

MrJudge
20th December 2006, 07:35 PM
tell me in TN,which MD in TN's name is saleable??? if ARR's doesnt, NO ONE DOES....trust me...its plain fact...!!! illaina,yen Kedi, Madhu, Thotti Jeya ellam flop'pa ponachu??!!

HJ/YSR albums are selling more than your buddy's. They have given a few not commercially viable albums this year but they have given hits also. But your buddy's case is different.

when Shivaji turn out to be a super hit, i will seek for u a place in Malaysia.... ur welcome.... DEAL??!! 8-)

Hey, even Chandramuki was a super duper hit. For Rajini movies, even Deva scores big. But ARR can bring it down too, just like Baba.. So there we have 50:50 chance of becoming a failure or hit..... Can he give a hit without big stars/directors? I don't think so.

Anyway we are digressing so much here. lets stop it and see what happens in a few months.

MADDY
20th December 2006, 08:15 PM
Anyway we are digressing so much here. lets stop it and see what happens in a few months.

u dont want to accept SOK's humoungous hit, u dont want to accept ARR's part in Varalaaru's BO success, what r u going to change in a few months time??? its worthless talking to u

BTW, we are responding to u, just bcos there shuldnt be an impression that there is no one to defend any unfair statements on ARR.........

dinesh2002
21st December 2006, 08:21 AM

u dont want to accept SOK's humoungous hit, u dont want to accept ARR's part in Varalaaru's BO success, what r u going to change in a few months time??? its worthless talking to u

BTW, we are responding to u, just bcos there shuldnt be an impression that there is no one to defend any unfair statements on ARR.........

:clap: :exactly:

inetk
21st December 2006, 10:50 AM
Hari has ditched his two loyal composers - Harris Jeyaraj and Bharadwaj (the only two composers he has worked with so far) in favor of YSR for Thamirabharani. The audio is releasing tomorrow, according to an ad in Dinakaran today. Should be interesting.

Karthik

sehnthan
21st December 2006, 12:56 PM
IMHO, lot of ARR fans out there seem to portray an urge to make ARR's music to become a musical hit...they nvr bother abt the public whom appears to be just normal easy-goin listeners....when songs like Loosu penney overshadows innisai they cant accept it...as yuvan fan, i believe i cant blame the public bcause not every tom dick & harry can understand ARR's experimental song like maricham. for them loosu penney and ariyatha vayathu appears to be more easy and acceptable....accept this ARR fans...even though ARR can put chopper sound and tons of electronic mind-boggling effect in NYN, i rather listen to IR's three note orchestra arrangement composition in IR's Music Journey :Live in Italy CD.....we need simplicity....YSR doin that pretty well.....n frm this don't justice YSR that he can only do remixes and simple arrangements...he is capable enough when he can bring out albums like PP....but only he knows his target audience.....that's all.....this is just my opinion though.................

MrJudge
21st December 2006, 01:05 PM
Hari has ditched his two loyal composers - Harris Jeyaraj and Bharadwaj (the only two composers he has worked with so far) in favor of YSR for Thamirabharani. The audio is releasing tomorrow, according to an ad in Dinakaran today. Should be interesting.

Karthik

I think Hari is teaming up with HJ again for his next project.

NOV
21st December 2006, 01:21 PM
REMINDER: This thread is for discussions on Yuvan Shankar Raja.

itsmuls
21st December 2006, 02:09 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27908.html

Yuvan pens a song for Chennai-600028
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, December 21, 2006]

Yuvan Shankar Raja is taking on the avatar of a lyricist!

He is writing the lyrics for an emotional number on friendship which is titled, 'Natpukkullae' for the film Chennai 600028.

As a result, Yuvan is often seen on the sets of Chennai 600028. But it is understandable though. Yuvan and the heroes of Chennai 600028 share a close bondage. Their intimate relationship has, perhaps, inspired Yuvan to pen the song.

If you thought this information is interesting, well, this is not all. We have more for you coming up.

Watch out for more interesting tidbits on the film brought to you only by indiaglitz.com.

vasanth2006
21st December 2006, 02:16 PM

Karthik

karthik,

i think this album will be complete mass album. not class album. like it will have pakka kuthu number, good melody, westernised fast peppy number and etc.

Let wait and see.

inetk
21st December 2006, 02:25 PM
I think so too. In fact Hari was the one who asked HJ to let loose and go completely massy with Saamy and HJ did come up with a fantastically massy score that also carried his trademark mod sound at the same time.

Even though Tirunelveli alwa and Kalyanandhaan sound massy they had gained immensely from HJ's keen sense of sound and the overall package was excellent - not to miss the other neat tracks in Saamy. So, YSR and Hari should be a very interesting combination.

Karthik

Shankar
21st December 2006, 02:32 PM
Thirunelveli alwa song rocked ! No questions. It was something HJ had never done before, and I for one, seriously doubted if he would ever be able score such a mass number.

sehnthan
21st December 2006, 04:11 PM
Karpura nayagiyey kanaga valli has been remixed in thamirabarani.....according to Indiaglitz..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27909.html

Sanjeevi
22nd December 2006, 11:34 AM
Hari + YSR + Jeyam Ravi combo

Thamiraparani is released today

Any review?

Sanjeevi
22nd December 2006, 11:35 AM
Premji Amaran, son of Gangai Amaran, told (in orkut)

wassup all
the best of yuvan is yet to come out soon.
the film name is chennai 600028.
wait and hear!
yall know what i am talkin about!

sentsbu1
22nd December 2006, 11:54 AM
Hi people,

I told this would happen one day....I opened a thread for this....but unfortunately they closed it....

Now my gamble has been proved right....

A.R.Rahman is singing for Yuvan...

Rahman and Yuvan to sing together?
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 22, 2006]

According to reliable sources, AR Rahman will sing along with Yuvan Shankar Raja in Chennai 600028. It will be the title song of the film.

Grapevine has it that the producers and director of Chennai 600028 have approached AR Rahman to sing the title song. As such, though professional competitors, Yuvan Shankar Raja and AR Rahman are said to appreciate each others music.

Since both are talented and unique in their own ways, it will sure be a treat for music lovers if this news indeed turns true!!

Watch out for more news on Chennai-600028 everyday. An indiaglitz exclusive

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27939.html

vasanth2006
22nd December 2006, 02:43 PM
Hari + YSR + Jeyam Ravi combo

Thamiraparani is released today

Any review?

sanjeevi, that is not jeyam ravi. Vishal who is acting in thamirabharani.

may be ur telling another film YSR+ezhil+Jayam ravi == Deepavali

anyway i am waiting for deepavali also.

vasanth2006
22nd December 2006, 02:50 PM
Hi people,

I told this would happen one day....I opened a thread for this....but unfortunately they closed it....

According to reliable sources, AR Rahman will sing along with Yuvan Shankar Raja in Chennai 600028. It will be the title song of the film.

Grapevine has it that the producers and director of Chennai 600028 have approached AR Rahman to sing the title song. As such, though professional competitors, Yuvan Shankar Raja and AR Rahman are said to appreciate each others music.

Since both are talented and unique in their own ways, it will sure be a treat for music lovers if this news indeed turns true!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

If it comes true, then u1 is proved that he is down to earth person.
Yuvan u rocks man........

I am damn sure this album will be complete musical treat (like punnagai poove. eventhough that movie failed). but this much effort really required for this movie???? he can do this much effort to selva/vishnu/ameer/simbu movie. that will be very useful for u1's carrier.

in this area only u1 is lagging. HJ is scoring.

anyway i am eagerly waiting for this album.

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 03:26 PM
ARR have been alwiz saying YSR will make it big one day.... even since Poovellam Kettupar.... ARR singging in YSR...wow... great...cant wait!!! :)

vasanth2006
23rd December 2006, 10:20 AM
any reviews on thamirabharani?????

vasanth2006
23rd December 2006, 11:08 AM
Thaliye thevai illai is good.

starting tune of the vartha onnu song has shades of loosu penne starting tune.

Thaliye thevai illai, vartha onnu are good numbers....

others are folk numbers...

Thamirabharani..... little bit disappointing....

viraajan
23rd December 2006, 04:15 PM
Hi All,

Am one of the craziest fans of yuvan. am waiting for depavali and thottal poo malarum which is a romantic movie of P.VAsu, also chennai-28 and satham podathey whihc is the movie of Vasanth and he says that it is a musical oriented subject. So am sure that yuvan's best will come out in Satham Podathey..

Any review about Thamirabarani.??

Hi people,

If it comes true, then u1 is proved that he is down to earth person.
Yuvan u rocks man........

I am damn sure this album will be complete musical treat (like punnagai poove. eventhough that movie failed). but this much effort really required for this movie???? he can do this much effort to selva/vishnu/ameer/simbu movie. that will be very useful for u1's carrier.

in this area only u1 is lagging. HJ is scoring.

anyway i am eagerly waiting for this album.

viraajan
23rd December 2006, 04:20 PM
Vasanth,

read ur review. am disappointed. will be satisfied if both the numbers rock likw "PArtha mudhal nale" or "Vennilave" in VV.

Music Lover,
Vidhya Rajan R

Thaliye thevai illai is good.

starting tune of the vartha onnu song has shades of loosu penne starting tune.

Thaliye thevai illai, vartha onnu are good numbers....

others are folk numbers...

Thamirabharani..... little bit disappointing....

rashid2raj
23rd December 2006, 04:37 PM
Just heard Vartha Onnu, WOOW, I simply just love this style of song makin', the feel of the song.. Just as Loosu Penne, hehe :wink:

july
23rd December 2006, 04:44 PM
Thaamirabharani superb!
Yuvan rocks this time again!

inetk
23rd December 2006, 05:53 PM
100 words.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

MrJudge
23rd December 2006, 10:47 PM
Listened to it twice, the album is good and enjoyable. Yuvan has got kuthu songs right this time, his earlier attempts are not that great. Also this is the first attempt with Hari, so did not expect much from this album. But the album on the whole is good.

vasanth2006
24th December 2006, 01:09 PM
Listened to it twice, the album is good and enjoyable. Yuvan has got kuthu songs right this time, his earlier attempts are not that great. Also this is the first attempt with Hari, so did not expect much from this album. But the album on the whole is good.

judge, my opinions are different.

just listen,

1) neruppu koothadikuthu --- TI
2) Nattu sarakku nachunnuthan --- PKS
3) sight adipom dum adiphom --- AM
4) yammadi athadi --- vallavan

I think the above numbers are excellent kuthu songs. (whatever i rembember, i spedified those songs)

then, regarding thamirabharani,

after multiple hearings, it sounds good.

Vartha onnu is growing on me. probably the pick of the album.
vartha onnu and thaliye thevai illai has all the credentials to be a SUPER HIT song. kattabomman song also sounds good.
overall this album looks like santakozhi album.

I am expecting a pure youthful album from u1. we heared lot of offbeat and masala albums in the recent.

Hulkster
24th December 2006, 01:31 PM
http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/2006/12/thamirabarani-audio-review.html

Might need several listenings..but overall a decent album..the highlight here is yuvan's maturity and understanding :D

Sanjeevi
24th December 2006, 02:23 PM
Looks like CH-28 is going to rock

Chennai-600028, hip and happening!
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, December 23, 2006]

Chennai-600028 could well be one of the most awaited movies of the year, what with interesting news on the film pouring in from all quarters!

Now, it is said that Chennai 600028's fast folk number, 'Saroja Saamaan Nikalo', sung by Shankar Mahadevan has come out very well and has potential to become a huge hit. The song was orchestrated and arranged by Singer and Rapper Prem Gi Amaren.

This song is expected to be a screen raker. The word goes that it will be the best song of 2007! That's not all, Chennai 600028 has totally 9 songs in all!

Stay tuned to indiaglitz for more on the film.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27961.html

karthik_sa2
25th December 2006, 01:04 AM
yes thaamirapraani is really good.yuvan still proving and ruling tfm.and thanks this time around no remixes in this album.i dono y nobody mentioned about the song "thiruchendooru muruga"it is really superb very much like IR's and "thaaliye thevai"is typically yuvan .u1 rocking :clap:

karthik_sa2
25th December 2006, 01:13 AM
just listened to paruthi veeran. truly amazing.msv,ir,arr and now yuvan

MrJudge
25th December 2006, 09:17 AM
1) neruppu koothadikuthu --- TI
2) Nattu sarakku nachunnuthan --- PKS
3) sight adipom dum adiphom --- AM
4) yammadi athadi --- vallavan

I think the above numbers are excellent kuthu songs. (whatever i rembember, i spedified those songs)

I agree with you. But those songs are part of urban based movies. But whenever it comes to village-based movies, he has not come out with flow in kuthu songs, only his SK is good. But Thaamirabarani is better compared to his earlier attempts, Daas and Thimiru.

then, regarding thamirabharani,

after multiple hearings, it sounds good.

I like it even from the first listening. :)

Vartha onnu is growing on me. probably the pick of the album.
vartha onnu and thaliye thevai illai has all the credentials to be a SUPER HIT song. kattabomman song also sounds good.
overall this album looks like santakozhi album.

Yes, vaartha onnu is easily the pick. Also not one track is bad in this album. Ofcourse he should have avoided the remix version of karpoora.

I am expecting a pure youthful album from u1. we heared lot of offbeat and masala albums in the recent.

Chennai 28 and his telugu album with Selva should be releasing soon.

MrJudge
25th December 2006, 09:19 AM
yes thaamirapraani is really good.yuvan still proving and ruling tfm.and thanks this time around no remixes in this album.i dono y nobody mentioned about the song "thiruchendooru muruga"it is really superb very much like IR's and "thaaliye thevai"is typically yuvan .u1 rocking :clap:

Dude, the song 'karuppaana' is a remix version of devotional song 'karpoora valliye'. Did Hari insist for it or Yuvan did it himself? :roll:

Yes, even to me, thirucehndooru muruga sounded like a IR song like the one coming in the Keladi kanmani, kalyana tharagare. This song is very goood too.

inetk
25th December 2006, 09:38 AM
I personally felt 'Thiruchendooru muruga' was closer to Rahman's Indira number 'Odakkara maarimuthu'!

karthik_sa2
25th December 2006, 12:22 PM
Dude, the song 'karuppaana' is a remix version of devotional song 'karpoora valliye'. Did Hari insist for it or Yuvan did it himself?

oops!! :roll:
i personally don like yuvan going for remixes.it makes people think he lacks creativity.though i don think the same way.remixes r becoming extremely popular these days.thats probably the reason he goes for it.for his calibre and talent he doesn have to go for remixes to make a song hit when he has the potential to make it big with his own compositions itself.i feel he is restricting his talent by doing remixes in almost every album.i would just love to listen another extra song of his own composition rather than his remixes.

viraajan
25th December 2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks folks for giving a +ve review on Thamirabarani. But yuvan should forgo the class-3 kuthu songs like "yammadi athadi" in Vallavan in his movies.

Paruthi veeran is ok pa. not damn good. "Ariyatha vayasu" will be the chart buster of year 2007.

Music Lover,
Vidhya Rajan R

Sanjeevi
26th December 2006, 10:46 AM
I personally felt 'Thiruchendooru muruga' was closer to Rahman's Indira number 'Odakkara maarimuthu'!

Karthik, did u know HJ has remixed this 'Odakkara maarimuthu' song in his Arul and the song was something like "Unkoppan perau sonnakuda kavalai illada" (I donno the exact line)

A.ANAND
26th December 2006, 01:51 PM

Karthik, did u know HJ has remixed this 'Odakkara maarimuthu' song in his Arul and the song was something like "Unkoppan perau sonnakuda kavalai illada" (I donno the exact line)yes!sanjeevi,naan kuda nenachen,antha 'odakara' song enggaiyo keetta mathiri irukke innu..sariya sonninga.

A.ANAND
26th December 2006, 01:55 PM
sorry not odakara but arul song'unkoppan peru'song

kamarajc
26th December 2006, 05:55 PM

Great Album.. for sure, YSR will now join the elite league of Chandrabose, Soundaryan, Dhina and Kasthuriraja (Music Director).

Sanjeevi
26th December 2006, 06:26 PM
Malaysian performers in Chennai-600028
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, December 26, 2006]

Chennai-600028 has a whole lot of surprises in store for movie buffs.

Now the latest is that the international rappers, Yogi B and Natchathiraz are all set to perform the title song for Chennai 600028 which has music by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

The Malaysian born Yogi B and Natchathiraz shot to stardom after their single, Madai Thiranthu, from their album titled Vallavan, which made waves worldwide. The international collaboration was made possible by Producer JK Saravana.

Stay tuned to Indiaglitz for information on the film. We have loads of interesting info coming up in the next few days.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/28018.html

Sanjeevi
26th December 2006, 06:30 PM
sorry not odakara but arul song'unkoppan peru'song

The song is 'Punnakunnu sonna kooda kavalai illaida"

dinesh2002
26th December 2006, 06:47 PM
Malaysian performers in Chennai-600028
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, December 26, 2006]

Now the latest is that the international rappers, Yogi B and Natchathiraz are all set to perform the title song for Chennai 600028 which has music by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

The Malaysian born Yogi B and Natchathiraz shot to stardom after their single, Madai Thiranthu, from their album titled Vallavan, which made waves worldwide. The international collaboration was made possible by Producer JK Saravana.

Stay tuned to Indiaglitz for information on the film. We have loads of interesting info coming up in the next few days.

so its not YSR with ARR for the tittle song .... ok....

nevertheles...Yogi B & Nachathira rocks!!! 8-)

baba88
26th December 2006, 08:08 PM
What happended to Paruthi Veeran. Nobody is talking about this "big" album any more. hehehehe

ARR mattum oru album panninal ellarum vanthuduvanga...

And what's up with Agaram ???

sehnthan
26th December 2006, 11:42 PM
paruthi veeranoda alai ippai onjirukkalam....padam vanthapparum parunga.....tsunami kuuda varum.....athavathu isaiyilai....ariyatha vayathu pattu oonu pothum....

karthik_sa2
27th December 2006, 12:01 AM

so arr not singing for yuvan!! :(

coming to paruthiveeran sa ri ga ma is really good.very different from his style.ariyadha vayasu illayarajas rendering is just superb.

vasanth2006
27th December 2006, 12:03 AM
The following news is taken from one of the yuvan's yahoo group.
I am not sure on this news.

Yuvan to bring two great singers together after a long gap

There will not be a second opinion on the mesmerizing effect of the
voice of SPB and Chithra on music lovers. These two legends have
sweetened a lot of lives with their honey drenched voices. Though
the duo has sung considerable numbers together, there has been a big
hiatus after `En Svaasa Kaatre' the Arvind Swami starrer.

But now this pair has come together once again for a song in the
film `Chennai 600028'. The song `Yaar Nenjil Yaaro' has been penned
by Vaali and the music is tuned in by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

The film `Chennai 600028' seems to be unique with a lot of filmi
heirs involved in it. It is directed by Venkat Prabhu, son of Gangai
Amaran, produced by SPB Charan son of S.P Balasubramanian, music by
Yuvan Shankar Raja son of Ilayaraja. This combination of young
talent has raised the expectations of the film to a large extent.

karthik_sa2
27th December 2006, 12:06 AM
who is the hero :?:

vasanth2006
27th December 2006, 12:27 AM
who is the hero :?:

karthik,

All are new faces in this film. it seems lot of actors (young guys) are introducing in this movie. Lot of interesting facts like u1 is going to pen a song. two popular rappers will sing a song. both ARR & u1 are singing together :roll: . There are 9 songs. and this SPB & Chithra combination.

it seems u1 got interested in this movie. mind it u1 is always gives his best whenever he joins with young guys. because u1 also very young right? ok lets see.

karthik_sa2
27th December 2006, 12:35 AM
karthik,

All are new faces in this film. it seems lot of actors (young guys) are introducing in this movie. Lot of interesting facts like u1 is going to pen a song. two popular rappers will sing a song. both ARR & u1 are singing together . There are 9 songs. and this SPB & Chithra combination.

it seems u1 got interested in this movie. mind it u1 is always gives his best whenever he joins with young guys. because u1 also very young right? ok let see.

interesting!!!is arr singing??is it officiall?and nice to see spb joining back yuvan after nandha, mounam paesiyadhe and april madhathil.

as u said yound directors churns out the best from yuvan and venkat prabhu sp charan being very close friends to him no wonder the enthusiasm and wrap-out would just be great.

vasanth2006
27th December 2006, 12:42 AM
interesting!!!is arr singing??is it officiall?and nice to see spb joining back yuvan after nandha, mounam paesiyadhe and april madhathil.

as u said yound directors churns out the best from yuvan and venkat prabhu sp charan being very close friends to him no wonder the enthusiasm and wrap-out would just be great.

it will be nice if it happens. but it is not official. only indiaglitz is telling this. musical wise i think it will be another punnagai poove.
(pity that now only u1's en kadhal song is doing rounds in sun music.)

kamarajc
27th December 2006, 12:52 AM
The following news is taken from one of the yuvan's yahoo group.
I am not sure on this news.

Yuvan to bring two great singers together after a long gap

There will not be a second opinion on the mesmerizing effect of the
voice of SPB and Chithra on music lovers. These two legends have
sweetened a lot of lives with their honey drenched voices. Though
the duo has sung considerable numbers together, there has been a big
hiatus after `En Svaasa Kaatre' the Arvind Swami starrer.

But now this pair has come together once again for a song in the
film `Chennai 600028'. The song `Yaar Nenjil Yaaro' has been penned
by Vaali and the music is tuned in by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

The film `Chennai 600028' seems to be unique with a lot of filmi
heirs involved in it. It is directed by Venkat Prabhu, son of Gangai
Amaran, produced by SPB Charan son of S.P Balasubramanian, music by
Yuvan Shankar Raja son of Ilayaraja. This combination of young
talent has raised the expectations of the film to a large extent.

If this happens, it will be for the first time that Chitra sings to the tunes of IR's sons. Yes! as far as I know, Chitra has not yet sung for KR or YSR.

karthik_sa2
27th December 2006, 12:53 AM
yes vasanth
punagai poove was just an amazing album even the backgroung scores were great.the movie itself was good.but then it didin go well with audiences but for songs.still couldn get what the movie actually lacked.
in recent times i liked the background music in vallavan when nayan and simbu watches film in a theatre esp when she enjoys that animated movie.infact the bgm was awsome along with the animated movie .what yo think ah??

vasanth2006
27th December 2006, 12:17 PM
in recent times i liked the background music in vallavan when nayan and simbu watches film in a theatre esp when she enjoys that animated movie.infact the bgm was awsome along with the animated movie .what yo think ah??

Karthik,

same taste. I already extracted that same scene from movie and i am having that BGM bit in my system. I am having BGM's of u1 in my system like the blistering "ohh ohhhhoo ohh ohhhho " humming of thimiru. have u heared "kadhal vandhale" song in vallavan, that is simply out of world. it even overtakes Lossu penne. sad thing is they didnt include in the CD.

I am great lover of u1's BGM. KK, Raam, 7GRC, PP, manmadhan, Vallavan, Pattiyal, Mounam pesiyathe all are having unbelievable stuff. KK's bit songs and BGM is milestone in his carrier.

NagaS
27th December 2006, 03:24 PM
"Karuppaana" seems to be a ditto of "KaRpoora naayagiye" - Not even a re-work like "En Aaasai Mythili" (Vallavan) Or "Vaa Vaa Vaa" (Daas) ... More in the lines of "TheeNdith TheeNdi" Song from Bala, where Yuvan copied an old IR song 100% ... too bad he had to do it in an album where all other songs seem to be good, and this one spoils the whole image!

Any idea who is the MD of "KaRpoora Naayagiye" Song? By any chance they got permission from them to copy it as it is? (It doesn't matter anyway!)

NagaS

vasanth2006
27th December 2006, 03:54 PM
"Karuppaana" seems to be a ditto of "KaRpoora naayagiye" -

That is the devotinal song by L.R.Eswari. u1 is remixed that. probably hari insisted that remix idea. Not Copy. but i accepted for dheendi dheendi and vaa vaa. they are copy

Hulkster
27th December 2006, 03:58 PM
Dunt the people who talk about karpoora nayagiyey know that there is a article saying the song was remixed...yaarumey padikkuruthey elleiya? :confused2:

viraajan
27th December 2006, 04:01 PM
Hi All,

Yuvan is not good in Thamirabarami. everybody speaks about vaartha onnu song. it really doesnt deserve a specail mention. there is not doubt that it will be a hit. KK voice doesnt suit the song. This is my perception.

Yuvan is not in form and has to resurrect his old form.

Vidhya
(Hard-core fan of Yuvan)

NagaS
27th December 2006, 05:12 PM
Dunt the people who talk about karpoora nayagiyey know that there is a article saying the song was remixed...yaarumey padikkuruthey elleiya?

I read the article, but the problem is it doesn't sound like a remix at all ... it looks like a xerox copy of the original tune :) Pachchaiyaa sonnaa, it looks more like Yuvan copied it, when somebody found about it, he said 'hei come-on, its a remix' ;)

NagaS

Hulkster
27th December 2006, 05:25 PM
perhaps he might have remixed...just that the director might not have accepted and just wanted a slight difference in the tune...sometimes becos of directors people copy..sometimes its just the composer....anyway if yuvan had remixed that song it would sound out of place for a movie like thamiraparani :exactly:

kamarajc
27th December 2006, 05:28 PM
Dunt the people who talk about karpoora nayagiyey know that there is a article saying the song was remixed...yaarumey padikkuruthey elleiya?

I read the article, but the problem is it doesn't sound like a remix at all ... it looks like a xerox copy of the original tune :) Pachchaiyaa sonnaa, it looks more like Yuvan copied it, when somebody found about it, he said 'hei come-on, its a remix' ;)

NagaS

I think some people are find a safe resort with this 'REMIX' thing. It cannot be called a remix. Remix is something that uses the same tune/song for the same situation - I think D Emman is the best in doing remix numbers. Yuvan sux big time, shame to IR family. If you think this is remix... would you also accept that 'Padhinettu Vayadhu" from Suriyan is also a Remix? If Yuvan's fans are contended with what he doles out, I have no issue..

MrJudge
27th December 2006, 05:44 PM

NagaS

The original is so popular that he can't even hide the fact in dreams. He and the director should have decided to do the song for this movie.

kamarajc
27th December 2006, 08:20 PM

NagaS

The original is so popular that he can't even hide the fact in dreams. He and the director should have decided to do the song for this movie.

Sorry, your comment doesnt match your title, Mr. Judge. Yuvan is doing this blunder in every other album. I wonder where do the purists and self proclaimed musical geniuses go, when they have time to throw rotten tomatoes on Harris Jayaraj.

karthik_sa2
28th December 2006, 12:33 AM
Karthik,

same taste. I already extracted that same scene from movie and i am having that BGM bit in my system. I am having BGM's of u1 in my system like the blistering "ohh ohhhhoo ohh ohhhho " humming of thimiru. have u heared "kadhal vandhale" song in vallavan, that is simply out of world. it even overtakes Lossu penne. sad thing is they didnt include in the CD.

I am great lover of u1's BGM. KK, Raam, 7GRC, PP, manmadhan, Vallavan, Pattiyal, Mounam pesiyathe all are having unbelievable stuff. KK's bit songs and BGM is milestone in his carrier.

s vasanth that song "kadhal vandhale"was just amazing.can u give me any link where i can get that song for download?

i have all the bgm's of 7g,kk,mounam paesidhe,pudhupetai<comes in cd itself>they r truly awsome.i still keep the mounam paesidhe theme as my ringtone though its a mono tone.

i even love the bgm<not in cd> in pudhupetai in the climax when he dances and fights everybody

vigneshram
28th December 2006, 09:46 AM
Was "Pudhupettai" BGM released as CD? If so, where can I get it. I'm dying to grab a copy?

interz
28th December 2006, 05:32 PM
Even though Yuvan is copying his own tunes now, songs from Thaamirabarani have come out well, "Vaarthai Onnu" and "Thaaliye Thevai illai" are good melodies.

karthik_sa2
28th December 2006, 11:58 PM
Was "Pudhupettai" BGM released as CD? If so, where can I get it. I'm dying to grab a copy?

dude
when PP audio cd was released for the first time itself it came along with bgms also.u can get it in any music shops

rajaalltheway
28th December 2006, 11:59 PM
Every time a new album from Yuvan comes out we have a barragae of remix haters,copy spies etc etc thronging the thread.When will these s***s ever realise they are uninvited and unwanted here.Every one knows his shortcomings and in the end both the album and movie will triumph.why people cant just sit back and enjoy or else just shut up.

karthik_sa2
29th December 2006, 01:24 AM
vasanth
i got that song "kadhal vandhaale" vallavan in coolgoose.com man but the sound clarity is poor.let me know if u find any better uploads

Sanguine Sridhar
29th December 2006, 10:03 AM
howz the thamirabhani songs?

Hulkster
29th December 2006, 10:06 AM
howz the thamirabhani songs?

Not really mass...more of village folk style with some good orchestration...:D

MrJudge
29th December 2006, 11:04 AM
Yuvan is doing this blunder in every other album.

These are the albums released by Yuvan this year.

# 2006 - Vallavan
# 2006 - Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu
# 2006 - Kedi
# 2006 - Paruthi Veeran
# 2006 - Pudhupettai
# 2006 - Pattiyal
# 2006 - Thimiru
# 2006 - Kalvanin Kadhali
# 2006 - Thamiraparani

Now tell me how many songs he has remixed in these albums. If you don't find atleast one remixed song per album, keep your mouth shut and move on to other threads, will you?

rsubras
29th December 2006, 11:46 AM
Similarly Deva fans, Anu malik fans, Anand milind fans, S.A.Rajkumar fans can come up with a list of their movies and ask if you dont find atleast one copied song per album dont call them as copy cats :)

karthik_sa2
29th December 2006, 11:57 AM

# 2006 - Vallavan
# 2006 - Kedi
# 2006 - Paruthi Veeran
# 2006 - Pudhupettai
# 2006 - Pattiyal
# 2006 - Thimiru
# 2006 - Thamiraparani

judge,
pls lets ignore people like that who come to this thread just to make offence on yuvan blatantly.
i was disappointed that AIBI didn go well with audiences.it had superb songs though not straight away attractive the orchestration esp in "orampo naina"was just brilliant so was "ellayudhir kalam"
and the BGMS of all the above films were just great.as far yuvan's part he did justice to what was given to him 100%.its sad that most of the above mentioned films didn have a good story back up which let down yuvan for a commercial sucess.
kd is one very good example.composing quality music for 9 films in a year that too with some astonishing background scores makes yuvan easily the pick of the composers for this year

kamarajc
29th December 2006, 01:08 PM
Yuvan is doing this blunder in every other album.

# 2006 - Vallavan
# 2006 - Kedi
# 2006 - Paruthi Veeran
# 2006 - Pudhupettai
# 2006 - Pattiyal
# 2006 - Thimiru
# 2006 - Thamiraparani

Now tell me how many songs he has remixed in these albums. If you don't find atleast one remixed song per album, keep your mouth shut and move on to other threads, will you?

With the kind of language prevailing in this thread, I cannot contribute anything here. I will move on to other threads, Mr. Judge. Atleast you guys can be happy.

kamarajc
29th December 2006, 01:12 PM

# 2006 - Vallavan
# 2006 - Kedi
# 2006 - Paruthi Veeran
# 2006 - Pudhupettai
# 2006 - Pattiyal
# 2006 - Thimiru
# 2006 - Thamiraparani

judge,
pls lets ignore people like that who come to this thread just to make offence on yuvan blatantly.
i was disappointed that AIBI didn go well with audiences.it had superb songs though not straight away attractive the orchestration esp in "orampo naina"was just brilliant so was "ellayudhir kalam"
and the BGMS of all the above films were just great.as far yuvan's part he did justice to what was given to him 100%.its sad that most of the above mentioned films didn have a good story back up which let down yuvan for a commercial sucess.
kd is one very good example.composing quality music for 9 films in a year that too with some astonishing background scores makes yuvan easily the pick of the composers for this year

No doubt, 'Orampo Naina' and 'Kadhalai Pirippadhu' were very unconventional and wonderful compositions of this year.

At the same time, do you really think we need YSR to compose for movies like Thimiru, Thamirabarani etc., where the music is.. u know what.

vasanth2006
29th December 2006, 01:47 PM
judge,

Wonderful post karthik. I am damn sure that u1 done wonderful job this year. he given some innovative and experimental music this year like PP,AIBI,Paruthi Veeran. He also gave mass albums with class like pattiyal, kalvanin kadhali, Vallavan. He also gave mass albums like Thimiru, Thamirabharni (This album has 2 gems). He is doing his job perfectly. Yuvan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
29th December 2006, 01:54 PM
AIBI is one of all time best composition of YSR and definitely PP and AIBI are the best of 2006 in Innovation

itsmuls
29th December 2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/28102.html

Soundarya Rajinikanth joins Chennai-600028 bandwagon!

baba88
29th December 2006, 02:57 PM
You forgot Agaram in your list

MrJudge
29th December 2006, 03:24 PM
judge,

Usually I ignore these kind of posts and a few people. I just wanted to ignore this one too. But nowdays they put down Yuvan just for couple of songs he has done this year. These guys come and talk like he is doing it in every album. So we need to give them back too sometimes :)

Yeah, Yuvan is the MD of this year. His Puthupettai is a milestone soundtrack as far as tfm is concerned. Though the soundtrack doesn't gel with the movie, it rocks as a standalone album. His projects for 2007 are also promising, lets see how he is doing next year.

MrJudge
29th December 2006, 03:27 PM
Ameer ready & raring to go
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 29, 2006]

Paruthi Veeran will mark a new beginning in Tamil cinema, says director Ameer.

Speaking about his film which will hit the screens this Pongal, Ameer said that Tamil film industry has begun its journey towards fulfilling their expectations. There is a global appeal for Tamil cinema and efforts are on to take it to greater heights by infusing young blood. Paruthi Veeran is an attempt towards it.

After proving his mettle in Mounam Pesiyadhae and Raam, Ameer is coming out with Paruthi Veeran starring Suriya's younger brother Karthi and Priya Mani in lead roles.

Busy with post-production works, Ameer, says, "More than 60 new faces are being introduced in the film. All have done their part well. Music by Yuvan Shankar Raja and cinematography by Ramji would be special highlights."

MrJudge
29th December 2006, 07:17 PM
Looks like Sujatha gives the MD of the year award to Yuvan (for Vallavan) in his katrathum petrathum column coming in AV. Though that is his personal opinion, it is really happy to know that Yuvan appeals to many people in TN :)

vasanth2006
29th December 2006, 11:57 PM
Looks like Sujatha gives the MD of the year award to Yuvan (for Vallavan) in his katrathum petrathum column coming in AV. Though that is his personal opinion, it is really happy to know that Yuvan appeals to many people in TN :)

Just now only I reads that news in AV. Yuvan rocks............ :2thumbsup:

Once again u1 proved that he is not depending on BO Result/Star Value. :)

karthik_sa2
30th December 2006, 12:43 AM
Usually I ignore these kind of posts and a few people. I just wanted to ignore this one too. But nowdays they put down Yuvan just for couple of songs he has done this year. These guys come and talk like he is doing it in every album. So we need to give them back too sometimes

Yeah, Yuvan is the MD of this year. His Puthupettai is a milestone soundtrack as far as tfm is concerned. Though the soundtrack doesn't gel with the movie, it rocks as a standalone album. His projects for 2007 are also promising, lets see how he is doing next year.

judge
what do u mean the soundtrack didn gel with the movie??i have seen lot of arr fans saying this just to degrade yuvan but didn expect it from u.pls don get influenced by anti yuvan people here.the movie esp the first half was a treat to watch with the background scores playing major role.tell me where it didn gel with the movie???[/u][/b]

karthik_sa2
30th December 2006, 01:00 AM
hey all the yuvan fans
don miss out "coffee with anu"this week.yuvan and vishal r the guest.its a wonderful programme and am sure we will come to know more on yuvan 8-) 8-)

vasanth2006
30th December 2006, 08:15 AM
hey all the yuvan fans
don miss out "coffee with anu"this week.yuvan and vishal r the guest.its a wonderful programme and am sure we will come to know more on yuvan 8-) 8-)

Thanks Karthik.......

Namma alu varrara..... I cant wait.... :D

Sanjeevi
30th December 2006, 09:53 AM
hey all the yuvan fans

Thanks Karthik.......

Namma alu varrara..... I cant wait.... :D

Good news :D

MrJudge
30th December 2006, 10:32 AM
judge
what do u mean the soundtrack didn gel with the movie??i have seen lot of arr fans saying this just to degrade yuvan but didn expect it from u.pls don get influenced by anti yuvan people here.the movie esp the first half was a treat to watch with the background scores playing major role.tell me where it didn gel with the movie???

Karthik:

That is just my opinion. I think Yuvan should have done pettai style of background scores and some real gaana songs for Puthupettai. That would have been apt for the movie. When I watched, I couldn't enjoy the film very much because of dhanush's character. That might be the reason for my opinion.

MrJudge
30th December 2006, 10:35 AM
hey all the yuvan fans

Also I think on Jaya TV, Yuvan is coming with the crew of Chennai 600028 for New year programme.

Sanjeevi
30th December 2006, 10:41 AM
hey all the yuvan fans

Also I think on Jaya TV, Yuvan is coming with the crew of Chennai 600028 for New year programme.

again news

Renault
30th December 2006, 11:48 AM
judge
what do u mean the soundtrack didn gel with the movie??i have seen lot of arr fans saying this just to degrade yuvan but didn expect it from u.pls don get influenced by anti yuvan people here.the movie esp the first half was a treat to watch with the background scores playing major role.tell me where it didn gel with the movie???

Karthik:

That is just my opinion. I think Yuvan should have done pettai style of background scores and some real gaana songs for Puthupettai. That would have been apt for the movie. When I watched, I couldn't enjoy the film very much because of dhanush's character. That might be the reason for my opinion.

Judge, IMO, Pudhupettai was one the best movies made ever and Dhanush character was just about perfect. He certainly deserves an award.

I buy your point on pettai songs for Pudhupettai.. very interesting thought.. also IMO, Pudhupettai is the best effort by Yuvan in recent times.. I had to update this very quickly as I initially had Pattiyal as his best.. he seems to move up a notch with every work with his established combos such as Vishnuvardhan/Selva/Ameer.

tvsankar
30th December 2006, 12:51 PM
Dear all,
ANother interview of Yuvan on Monday at 7.30 or 8.30 a.m.( i think so)

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

karthik_sa2
30th December 2006, 01:31 PM
Karthik:

judge,
so u want dheva stuff right??!!!well u cant get a better petai song than variyaa.anyway its ur opinion :huh:

karthik_sa2
30th December 2006, 01:43 PM
Dear all,
ANother interview of Yuvan on Monday at 7.30 or 8.30 a.m.( i think so)

hi tvshanker
which channel is it?

wow!!it will be a real nice treat this new year

Thanks Karthik.......

Namma alu varrara..... I cant wait....

s vasanth namma aalu varaaru that too in almost all the channels i think 8-) :thumbsup: .don miss it. "cofee with anu" will be a very good one since it usually bring out lots of inside stuff from the guest.hopefully we will be able to know lot of things from yuvan this time around atleast.

tvsankar
30th December 2006, 02:11 PM
Dear Karthick,
It will in SUN TV.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

MrJudge
30th December 2006, 03:24 PM
Renault:
"Judge, IMO, Pudhupettai was one the best movies made ever and Dhanush character was just about perfect. He certainly deserves an award."

The movie is different but that does not put it on the best movie category. The major flaw I could sense is big guys working for Dhanush - no doubt as selvaragavan put it the mind matters not the physical appearance for a gang leader. But it would have been better if a group of young guys (I mean dhanush's age group) work for him and take on big gangs. So it was hard for me to accept such differences not only physically but also age-wise among his group. But there are couple of scenes I liked so much like the first time he learns to cut one guy's hand. It was so good. I want to watch the movie again though :)

Karthik:
"so u want dheva stuff right??!!!well u cant get a better petai song than variyaa.anyway its ur opinion"

Not deva stuff, I mean some real authentic gana songs. Variyaa is the only song that can be a fit for this movie's subject. But as a standalone album, I think Puthupettai is a milestone in tfm.

MrJudge
30th December 2006, 03:29 PM
[tscii:10c2b1a92e]Deepavali` postponed!
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 30 December , 2006, 13:36

Deepavali, director Lingusamy’s first film as producer which was slated for Pongal release has now been postponed to February.

The unit of Deepavali led by director Ezhil along with lead actors Jayam Ravi and Bhavana returned back to Chennai today morning (Dec 30) after shooting a song in Oman.

Now the entire shoot is over other than two days of patchwork. The post-production work will start in the first week of January. Lingu does not want to clash with biggies releasing for Pongal and he wants a solo release for Valentine day (Feb 14). [/tscii:10c2b1a92e]

MrJudge
30th December 2006, 04:24 PM
Guys,

Please post the schedule of his tv appearings if you know.

Sun TV - Jan 1 - 7.35- 9.00am - Spl Vanakkam Thamizhagam- Yuvan Shankar Raja

Vijay TV - Jan 1 - 9.00-10.00am - Koffee with anu - Yuvan and Vishal

Jaya TV - Jan 1 - 10.00-11.00am - A day with Yuvan

allmost 3 hours of programs with Yuvan :D

vasanth2006
30th December 2006, 05:23 PM
Guys,

Please post the schedule of his tv appearings if you know.

Sun TV - 7.35- 9.00am - Spl Vanakkam Thamizhagam- Yuvan Shankar Raja

Jaya TV - - In the sets of Chennai 600028 with Yuvan

Vijay TV - - Koffee with anu - Yuvan and Vishal

judge dates please.

Sun TV -- Jan 1?

Jaya TV -- Jan 1?

Vijay TV -- Dec 30?

MrJudge
30th December 2006, 05:41 PM
Guys,

Enjoy the programs and I wish all Yuvan fans a very happy new year!

baba88
30th December 2006, 06:11 PM
I noticed that Indiaglitz is releasing news of Chennai 28??? movie every day to create Hype. I think they got paid from the producer to do this.

rashid2raj
30th December 2006, 06:37 PM
I noticed that Indiaglitz is releasing news of Chennai 28??? movie every day to create Hype. I think they got paid from the producer to do this.

I too noticed this.. :roll: :shock:

baba88
31st December 2006, 03:58 AM
On the first site of www.tamilmp3tracks.com there is a nice bit of the theme music of Vallavan. Check it out.

vasanth2006
31st December 2006, 03:16 PM
Guys,

I find similarities between "Hello miss" from Unnale Unnale and "vannathu poochi" from bala in rhythm pattern/arrangements, tempo and tune.

You can hear the vannathupoochi from bala in raaga.com
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000825.html

Do you guys feel the same??

ever_siva
31st December 2006, 06:49 PM
Guys,

I find similarities between "Hello miss" from Unnale Unnale and "vannathu poochi" from bala in rhythm pattern/arrangements, tempo and tune.

You can hear the vannathupoochi from bala in raaga.com
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000825.html

Do you guys feel the same??

Yes it sounds little bit similar.

Did anyone hear karuppaana kaiyaalae... from thamirabharani?
The song is ditto copy of 'karpoora naaygiyae kanagavalli...", a famous devotional song!!

WHY R U DOING LIKE THIS YSR?? :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :?:

Sanjeevi
2nd January 2007, 09:57 AM

I too noticed this.. :roll: :shock:

hi Indiaglitz.com is an offical advertising partner of Chennai-2008.

Sanjeevi
2nd January 2007, 10:10 AM
Watched the three special programmes on Jan 1st 2007 at the three leading Tamil TV channels Sun, Vijay, Jeya continuously. U1 rocked the special programs at least in mornig.

Happy to see him that he has improved a lot while attending public interviews. I doubt earlierly he can speak tamil fluently or not? because in some previous interviews he has not spoken much in tamil. In SUN TV vanakkam thamizhagam, he spoked in good tamil.

I wondered while he is expressing his favourite song is "Azhake Azhake Devadai" of Rajaparvai. He is repeatedly hearing this song while driving.

"Coffee with Anu" with U1 and Vishal was so good. One of the best show of our TV chennals. Vishal called YSR as "Sir".

"A Day with Yuvan" at jeya came next. Unlike other two programmes it is an outdoor programme which made this programme something special.

MrJudge
2nd January 2007, 11:52 AM
Watched all of Yuvan's programmes on New year's spl. The interesting point he said about his techincal knowledge was: he had a difficult time orchestrating the Bangkok symphony orchestra while doing Puthupettai background score because of not having enough technical knowledge. So he wants to learn soon. Also when he entered the field, he went to some master (couldn't get the name) and asked him to teach. the master requested him to play any piece he tried before, so he played and he said to Yuvan that he is going on the right direction, no need to learn now. Also asked yuvan to come if Yuvan has any doubts in future was his responce.

vasanth2006
3rd January 2007, 11:43 AM
Deepavali songs gonna release soon

muzammil_fr
4th January 2007, 12:17 AM
A Gift For Yuvan Fans From ARR fans, ya it's me give u little gift, ya the suntv interview i record it and post it, check it out and post it in Orkut yuvan fans group, as i am not his fan, i don't register in his groupe

here the links Enjoy Yuvan Fans
http://67.18.161.118/forums/index.php?showtopic=15761

coucou
4th January 2007, 05:28 PM
[tscii:f81ad23884]Deepavali audio launch tomorrow
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 04, 2007]

Deepavali, directed by Ezhil and produced by director Lingusamy under the banner Thirupathi Brothers has Jayam Ravi and Bhavana playing the lead roles.

The film’s stills have already managed to attract the interest of movie lovers. The locales at which the pictures have been shot give a refreshing feel and vouches for attention. Likewise, the names associated with the film. This film is director Lingusamy’s first production venture. Ezhil, who gave a super-hit for Vijay through Thulladha Manamum Thullum is directing this flick, which promises entertainment galore. Also, this is Jayam Ravi’s next after the success of Unakkum Enakkum. Hopes are also riding high on Bhavana, who, in a short span of time has bagged many enviable roles under reputed banners.

The audio of the film is releasing tomorrow. One can look forward to some catchy numbers as it is Yuvan Shankar Raja who is scoring the music for this film. There are five songs in the film, penned by Na Muthukumar, Kabilan and Yuga Bharathy.

[/tscii:f81ad23884]

MrJudge
5th January 2007, 04:20 PM
Anyone listened to Deepavali? Tied up with work and will get the album only this evening :(

Album release function gallery:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/tamil-movies-events/photos-1/deepavali/index.html

vasanth2006
6th January 2007, 01:37 AM
I heared kathal vaithu( vijay yesudhas) song only.

what a song...........
I can say that simply out of world......
really unbeliavable gem...

if good director pairs with u1, then we can get these type of EVERGREEN melodies/gems.
Yuvan please do the needful.

from one song, i can say that this album is rocking.....

baba88
6th January 2007, 02:53 AM
Why is YSR always doing all the things that A.R.Rahman does or introduced ? For example:
- Rap in Tamil songs (using Blaaze)
- Remix his own song (Mayrilirage - Maramkothi/Oru Nallil)

And now he is trying to bring classic music (sangeetham, raagams) in his songs. (Kannalane,Anarkali)

Why can't YSR do Music in his own style ????

baba88
6th January 2007, 02:55 AM
Thoduven sounds like an amateur is singing the raagams. The voice doesn't suite. This is my personal opinion

inetk
6th January 2007, 09:03 AM
Decent. 100 words.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/category/tamil-ost/

Sanjeevi
6th January 2007, 09:59 AM
I did not buy Thamirabarani but i am going to buy Deepavali

vigneshram
6th January 2007, 03:20 PM
Are "Deepavali" songs out on the net? esp Tamilnapster?

MrJudge
6th January 2007, 04:02 PM
Got hold of the album. All songs are good, once again Yuvan proves why he is ahead of other MDs. All of his new albums are mixed at Pinkstone and Prasad. Why isn't he doing at Kalasa anymore? Anyone knows this is his own studio or not?

MrJudge
6th January 2007, 05:39 PM
I heared kathal vaithu( vijay yesudhas) song only.

what a song...........
I can say that simply out of world......
really unbeliavable gem...

if good director pairs with u1, then we can get these type of EVERGREEN melodies/gems.
Yuvan please do the needful.

from one song, i can say that this album is rocking.....

Yeah, Vasanth. Kathal vaithu is an awesome number and pogathe is very good too. One of the best numbers from Yuvan :)

coucou
6th January 2007, 05:56 PM
only kadhal vaithu by vijay jesudas attract me in first hearing 8-)

reagan87
6th January 2007, 08:36 PM
Kadhal Vaithu is awesome! Is on my repeated playlist together with Dhol Bhaje.

vasanth2006
7th January 2007, 12:09 AM
All the five songs are gems....

Yuvan's best album in the recent times....

It should not turn as AIBI or punnagai poove...

vasanth2006
7th January 2007, 12:24 AM
Guys,

who is the writer of pogathey song??

It is closely related to my heart.....

I am literally mad with that song.....

vasanth2006
7th January 2007, 12:29 AM
Are "Deepavali" songs out on the net? esp Tamilnapster?

Vignesh, it is released in Tamilnapster.

btw, I was unable to catch you in online???

interz
7th January 2007, 05:45 AM
Deepavali songs are very catchy. I hope they are well picturized too.

Kumanan
7th January 2007, 10:01 AM
Kathal Vaithu Kathal Vaithu Kaathirunthaen..
Such a mesmerizing song to start the year with!
Thank you Mr.Yuvan :)

I am wondering the name of the female voice starting the song with a nice little humming..

BTW, an intersting page i came across with images of most singers...
http://www.aneetaa.com/music.html
The second one Andrea is the second heroine in Pachai Kili Muthu Charam!

Hulkster
7th January 2007, 02:29 PM
While you guys are all mesmerised by kathal vaithu..i felt that though it was good it was not really that new from YSR...but this song..my goodness...melody of the year unless IR and ARR pop up with anything better.

http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/2007/01/yuvan-shankar-rajas-change-in-style.html

You guys should give pogadhe a good listen...so far yuvan chooses his best songs to sing and i can see why he chose pogadhey. :D

Sanjeevi
7th January 2007, 03:41 PM
Tough i like very much Kadhal Vaithu song,

my pick is Pogaathey

BTW, I couldn't find Deepavali at Music World or Landmark. Finally it was found at Planet M.

rajasaranam
7th January 2007, 03:49 PM
kanna varum velai highly reminds me off 'Chandiranai thottathu yaar' from Ratchagan and thoduven thoduven reminds some other ARR stuff or precisely ARR style. But in pogathe and kadhal vaithu Yuvan surprises with his own style of raw melodies. Off late i find this kind of raw melodies have become the forte of yuvan and i wish he can travel further experimenting in this style which has no shades of other composers.
The lyricist has done a great job in both of the songs. hope its Na.Muthukumar! somebody confirm this pls.

Sanjeevi
7th January 2007, 03:57 PM
When i start to listen the "Kannan varum Velai" song, i thought that "Pochuda, innoru Chakkapodu pottanae". But after listened, it was wrong. The first interlude is very good yuvan mixed with IR type of flute music.

Regarding Kadhal Vaithu, Yuvan could have involved more in this song. Anyway it has come out very catchy and melodous and i guess, it is the first super hit melody of this year. After Devadaiyai kanden, Kadhal valarthen, Kan pesum varthaigal, Oru naalil, Loosu pennae, U1 filled now with this song.

Yuvan has given Thoduven at his best. Again a aice song especially the OOOhhh humming.

Poguthey is my pick.

Sanjeevi
7th January 2007, 04:00 PM
Na. Muthu kumar has penned 3 songs (Dolpage, Pogathey, Kadhal Vaithu) and other two lyricist have written one song each.

Hulkster
7th January 2007, 04:00 PM
Kaathal vaithu is catchy with all the guitars adding the rhythm and with a humming feel but i still think pogadhey is where it really strikes. The melody here is of the out of world level as oru naalil...kaathal vaithu is not so different from yedhedho...just more polished and devoid of r and b sounds.

Sanjeevi
7th January 2007, 04:04 PM
Hulk, wonderful write-up on Pogathey song. Keep your work :D

Hulkster
7th January 2007, 04:51 PM
Nandri Sanjeevi sir...i felt it was my duty to write about that song..it is too good to just listen to it and let others praise kathal vaithu. Kaathal vaithu vetri theruma ellei pogadhey vetri theruma nu paarpoma? :P

itsmuls
8th January 2007, 09:41 AM
This Year has started with good songs from Yuvan. And Deepavali would be one of his landmark album in his kitty...

My first preference will go to Pogathey..... awesome song with good lyrics and orchestra. Yuvan had mesmerised with his voice - what a melody... keep it up U1

And Third would be Dol Bage..which sounds more like a hindi song as far is the firs few words of the songs are concerned

And all other three songs will be at second position, all these songs are equally good... and particularly "kannan vantha velai" is too good.

Hope whole of this year yields good songs from U1 and rules TFM

vigneshram
8th January 2007, 10:24 AM
A refreshing album from Yuvan. Everyday I wake up with a start just to listen to "Deepavali" songs played in loop.

Expecting more from Chennai-600028

itsmuls
8th January 2007, 11:48 AM
Deepavali has chartbusting scores!

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/3875/

kokarako
9th January 2007, 08:42 AM
Deepavali songs are instantly catchy & refreshing.

I find some similarities between pogathey & newyork nagaram, may be just because of the humming. Kannan varum Velai ( barring pronunciation) and Kadhal Vaithu are too good to say the least. Dol Baje has a very good opening score. Overall a real chartbuster from Yuvan.

Hats off !!

kamarajc
9th January 2007, 07:20 PM
Nothing short of a GREAT Album!

This day YSR reclaims one of his earliest fans after a poor show in the likes of Dhaas, Thimiru etc.. I was just mesmerised by each and everything of ALL the songs. Yuvan, there you are! This is what we have been yearning for, from you. After Kanda Naal Mudhal and AIBI, this is one album that I like the most from you. This deserves to be one of the best albums ever from YSR. None of the songs make me look for the SKIP button.. even from the first hearing. For sure, Yuvan has given his honest time and effort throught out the compositions.

Sitting by the window and enjoying the rain outside with a cup of coffee in hand, I was looking for the right music for a long time. Pogadhae simply stand out with a mesmerizing composition that fits so well in my scene.

MrJudge
10th January 2007, 03:20 PM
The one thing I didn't like in this album is Anuratha sriram singing in kannan varum song. I have this feeling she always sings with her mouth closed. I don't know why Yuvan opted for her, he should have used Madhushree for the full song. Though MS has pronunciation problems, her voice is sweet.

vigneshram
10th January 2007, 04:21 PM
Exactly my thoughts Mr.Judge, Anuradha sriram's rendering lacks proper diction and clarity. Definitely IR wouldn't have allowed such closed-mouth singing :-)

MrJudge
10th January 2007, 04:51 PM
Exactly my thoughts Mr.Judge, Anuradha sriram's rendering lacks proper diction and clarity. Definitely IR wouldn't have allowed such closed-mouth singing :-)

Not only in this song Vignesh, she always does it. I don't like her singing style at all. IR used her only once in kannukkul nilavu I think.

itsmuls
11th January 2007, 04:52 PM
Chithiram Pesudhadi's Telugu Remake has Yuvan Music...

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/28407.html

Hope Yuvan's music should be the highlight in the Telugu version

MrJudge
12th January 2007, 01:32 PM

Chiththiram Pesuddhadi's Bgm was quite good in tamil but only one song stood out. I hope Yuvan will do good both in bgm as well as songs.

Anyone knows when Selva-Yuvan's telugu album is releasing? Also his Chennai-600028? Both are due this month. His Deepavali is just rocking, expecting Yuvan to rock in these albums too.

vasanth2006
12th January 2007, 02:25 PM

Chiththiram Pesuddhadi's Bgm was quite good in tamil but only one song stood out. I hope Yuvan will do good both in bgm as well as songs.

Anyone knows when Selva-Yuvan's telugu album is releasing? Also his Chennai-600028? Both are due this month. His Deepavali is just rocking, expecting Yuvan to rock in these albums too.

Will they dub this movie in tamil???

Sanjeevi
12th January 2007, 02:59 PM
Oru padam sathamae podama thoongi kittu irukuthu :sad:

MrJudge
12th January 2007, 09:28 PM

Will they dub this movie in tamil???

I think so, because his tamil movies were dubbed and released in telugu. So the other way around is possible

MrJudge
13th January 2007, 12:05 AM
Yuvan's new movie 'Mosamanavan' *ing Simbu, Asin and direction by Tarun gopi.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-02/12-01-07-simbu-asin.html

itsmuls
13th January 2007, 11:09 AM
[tscii:b770bfb3ac]"Kanda Naal Mudhal" fame V Priya is going to direct new movie called ‘Kanna Moochi Yenada’ staring Sathyaraj, Radhika along with Prithiviraj and Sandhya.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-02/12-01-07-sathyaraj.html

Anybody know who is the Music Director, because KNM had a wholesome good music from U1. Hope that magic is repeated again in KMY[/tscii:b770bfb3ac]

k_vanan
15th January 2007, 06:33 AM
KMY music score by YSR

NormalMan
16th January 2007, 04:10 AM
Just finished hearing Deepavali. Man this album is sure to rock. I could feel a different type of music all over.

MrJudge
17th January 2007, 12:48 PM
Well, the new year's day was full of Yuvan and on this Pongal, previews of Yuvan's movies (Paruththi veeran, Deepavali and chennai 600 028) were shown. Song clippings from PV and DP looked good. PV looks more like a serious film and Chennai 28 is a galatta film. Paruththi veeran is releasing only this week-end :( Any one seen Thamira bharani? Is it good?

karthik_sa2
17th January 2007, 11:51 PM
s asusual deepavali songs rocking!!also in an interview ameer said PV more than songs bbackground scores highlight of the movie.seems yuvan has worked day and night for the background scores.lets wait and watch

Sanjeevi
18th January 2007, 01:42 PM
Paruthi veeran is releasing on Jan 25

k_vanan
18th January 2007, 02:30 PM
deepavali songs really rocks................

Pogathey, kathal vaithu & thoduven the best

k_vanan
19th January 2007, 11:47 AM
rediff review on Deepavali album 3 star
http://in.rediff.com/movies/2007/jan/18deepa.htm

karthik_sa2
21st January 2007, 12:12 PM
WHATS WRONG WITH the "pogaadhey"song.dono y its described as a jarring number in the rediff review.well its her opinion but still couldn believe y that song has been reviewed like that.its apparently my best song of the album.think many yuvan fans here would also agree to me.....judge??? vasanth???

MrJudge
21st January 2007, 02:56 PM
Karthik,

Please don't give importance to these reviews, let them write whatever they want. As long as you love it, it hardly matters what she/anyone writes on the web.

reagan87
21st January 2007, 05:53 PM
Yea true, those reviews doesnt really matter at all. Not that they reflect the majority's view towards the album. In fact, i believe the Pogathe song wraps up a wonderul album in Deepavali. Thumbs up to Yuvan !

itsmuls
22nd January 2007, 11:14 AM
Review by Indiaglitz

Deepavali - Catchy and appealing

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/8664.html

"Pogathae (Yuvan Shankar Raja)......

.............This song is well on its way to becoming a big hit. The pick of the album."

vijayr
23rd January 2007, 11:18 PM
Deepavali is good, after some disappointing efforts earlier. Thoduven, Pogadhe(despite YSR's singing) and Kaadhal vaiththu(probably composed keeping Tajamahal oviya kaadhal in mind)were the 3 songs that instantly made some sort of impact. The other 2 were'nt bad either. No remixes, decent choice of singers. Thoduven has an electronic percussion pattern mixed in nicely with tabla beats which makes it a bit more catchy than it would have been otherwise. Songs are bound to do well based on how the movie/picturization fares.

slperson1
24th January 2007, 06:07 AM
chennai600028 sample songs at
http://www.chennai600028.com/
cant hear the words tho just the music.plays while u enter the site.top right corner.

karthik_sa2
24th January 2007, 03:32 PM
yeah!!2nd song sounds cool..5th and 6th song sounds great too.yuvan already 600028 :thumbsup:

MrJudge
25th January 2007, 05:13 PM
Is the movie Paruththi Veeran released?

sehnthan
25th January 2007, 11:38 PM
suppose to be released on pongal day..namma pokkiri pongalum aalvarrum pootti potthaley ponggal mudinju varuthunu sonnaga...ippa news ethaiyum kaanum...

any idea anyone ?

app_engine
26th January 2007, 09:48 PM
http://www.tamilanywhere.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/jan/060107.asp

BR's praise for `paruththi veeran' music...

dinesh2002
27th January 2007, 08:44 AM
Chennai - 600028 Audio gonna be releasing soon......

ARR and Yuvan have sung a song called EN UYIRE

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/75556

anyone know when will this audio release????

MrJudge
27th January 2007, 04:02 PM
Seems like the PV songs are being telecasted on Vijay tv in Mettukkul Puthusu.

MADDY
27th January 2007, 04:48 PM
was watching Thamarabarani......movie was pretty lack lustre.......but u1 had done a very good job with his BGM and songs.... 8-)

rajasaranam
27th January 2007, 05:22 PM
U1 Rocks :)
Happened to watch Thamirabharani recently and his BGM score was awesome. Oh! he is right there equaling Raaja in BGM dept. Where no one else have reached. the small nuances and importance given to the characters emotions on screen through the BGM's of Raaja and U1 are missing in any other composer.
And in songs too U1 sticks firmly to the movie's color not standing apart from the script as other composers. Earlier i didnt like the songs from Thamirabharani but after Listening them along with the movie and observing at some instances the way he had used those tunes for BGM. Man he is astounding!
for example the song "Thaaliye thevai illa nee thaan en pondaatti" that comes as a love song between hero and heroine in the movie but at a later instance when the hero asks for the heroine to marry someone else which is better for the family, this song comes as a BGM, immedietly spinning us back mentally to the song where they were happy then and making us relate to the sad visuals that are happening now . This is the kind of perfection that Raaja reached in his BGM..and U1 is following it shows us how much he have learnt from his father.
There are many other such nuances where U1 shows his brilliance...Way to GO U1 you Rock :thumbsup:

Hulkster
28th January 2007, 08:21 AM
I was listening to the samples in chennai 600028 and i have been convinced of some things.

Yuvan is choosing the piano melody style with guitar lacings(english like) for his melodies nowadays for youthful movies. And thats certainly like a new trend.

The first song seems to be a seductive number with a club like saxophone mix....good reason to await this song as well.

The fifth song is Yuvan's typical r and b like songs coming to the fore..but i must say the violin usage in the song just reminded me of IR abit..totally refreshing.

The only koothu song in the track is like yammadi athaadi's beats mixing it with veenai and guitar. The trumpet used in the track is very IRish as well..:cool:

karthik_sa2
30th January 2007, 02:58 AM
for example the song "Thaaliye thevai illa nee thaan en pondaatti" that comes as a love song between hero and heroine in the movie but at a later instance when the hero asks for the heroine to marry someone else which is better for the family, this song comes as a BGM, immedietly spinning us back mentally to the song where they were happy then and making us relate to the sad visuals that are happening now . This is the kind of perfection that Raaja reached in his BGM..and U1 is following it shows us how much he have learnt from his father.

:clap:

MrJudge
31st January 2007, 11:39 AM
Seems like Hari has got permission to use karpoora nayagiye in Thamiraparani from the people who hold copyright of that song. So Yuvan should have used that tune with Hari's insistance.

inetk
31st January 2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.dinakaran.co.in/epaperdinakaran/3112007/dn_310107_e1_12_cni.jpg

Seems like Charan is planning to release Deepavali's BGM even before the film's release on Feb 9th...now that would be quite unique, since most separate BGM releases have happened only after the film's release!

MrJudge
31st January 2007, 07:31 PM
Surya-Ameer patch up!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 31 January , 2007, 10:45

`Studio Green`, Surya's home banner is going to undertake the release of his brother Karthi's Paruthiveeran.

After a marathon compromise talk with director Ameer that went on for days, they have worked out an agreement.

As per agreement, `Studio Green` has purchased all the rights including theatrical from Ameer's company `Teamwork Productions` for an undisclosed amount.

It will be `Studio Green` who will be promoting the film, which means advantage Karthi! Paruthiveeran is likely to be released on Feb 9 or 16, depending on the availability of theatres. And so, all's well that ends well.

:clap:

Sanjeevi
2nd February 2007, 04:39 PM
when will Chennai-28 audio be released? any info? i am keen to catch the CD.

12bums
3rd February 2007, 12:44 AM
Interesting interview with Na.Muthukumar:
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/02/02/stories/2007020201970300.htm

Apparently YSR tuned Deepavali songs after getting the lyrics.

karthik_sa2
4th February 2007, 07:39 PM
yes he has always worked wonders with yuvan."ore nalil"is my best of muthukumar

rashid2raj
5th February 2007, 09:37 PM
There are many other such nuances where U1 shows his brilliance...Way to GO U1 you Rock :thumbsup:

Come on yaaa.. That tune "Thaaliye thevai illa nee thaan en pondaatti" is used around 20 times in that movie.. It's more accidently used then.. :lol: Feeled like the bgm wasn't up to his earlier movies.. He usually does them good..

Ramakrishna
6th February 2007, 12:32 AM
When is Chennai-600028 audio releasing guys?

Dragun
7th February 2007, 01:07 AM
Hear snippets of the music at http://www.chennai600028.com