1.Mayilirage - Ah Aah [with Madhushree]
2.Kadhal Sutthude - Saravana [with Sadhana Sargam]
3.Innisai - Varalaaru [with Mahathi & Saindhavi]
4.Kamma Karayille - Varalaaru [with Soumya]
5.Aasai Kanave - Imsai Arasan 23m Pulikesi [with Kalyani]
6.Munbe Va - Sillunu Oru Kadhal [with Shreya Ghoshal]
7.Sillusilukum Silmisham - Chennai Kadhal [with Kalpana]
8.Nee En Tozhiya - Rendu [with Sujatha]

and a stanza in Kummmi Adi - Sillunu Oru Kadhal...

do disscuss on his songs and his forthcoming songs.... 8-)

MADDY
22nd November 2006, 01:19 AM
a stanza in Kummi Adi??? :shock:

btw, what happend to that karthik guy??? i thot he was going to be the next SPB..... :?

aruvi
22nd November 2006, 03:28 AM
Being in the spotlight and falling back is not uncommon. I don't know about chances, but Karthik was heralded by the media as the next SPB and was covered well by media. Now, the same is happenning to Naresh now. Don't know how long that will last. ARR has obviously been giving Naresh good opportunities. But I still can't see any singer lasting in the popularity charts for too long these days.

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd November 2006, 08:17 AM
if i am not wrong Naresh Iyer won the singer of the year of this Hub for last year '05 for the song 'mayiliragey' ..! i like him

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 11:18 AM
yes maddy...the part " Avalakenna appa....... thala thala thala thala vantha vantha vantha...Kummi Adi, Kummi Adi, Kummi Adi oh.... " was sung by Naresh Iyer.......

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 11:27 AM
ohh yea...and for people who never visted the " Hidden Magics in ARR songs" thread, here is a small bit that Naresh Iyer sang in Ararakodi - Ah Aah .....

here is another unexpected 1...listen to this peice,its in Aararakodi pergalil - AH aah which was sung by ARR,but the surprise is Naresh has lent his voice for a line...listen to this :

http://rapidshare.com/files/4347629/Aararakodi_NareshIyer1.mp3.html

this piece comes during 3:00 the song....

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 11:29 AM
seriously i feel...Naresh Iyer voice is more divine & has a soul in it compared to Karthik...wut u guys think????

kameshratnam
22nd November 2006, 01:35 PM
Although tamil looks like he is from the north. we have always welcomed them..

Hariharan...Balram..KK.. Shankar Mahadevan...and now naresh iyer..too hard to find a singer these days who comes from other places of tamilnadu barring chennai..why is this.....

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 02:40 PM
Although tamil looks like he is from the north. we have always welcomed them..

Hariharan...Balram..KK.. Shankar Mahadevan...and now naresh iyer..too hard to find a singer these days who comes from other places of tamilnadu barring chennai..why is this.....

my wild guess is probably singers from other oore are stuck up or ego.... we might not know..... that they think they r too great and need no direction on singging way or something like that.... :twisted:

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd November 2006, 03:35 PM
fyi KK is from Kumbakanom!! :)

who is this balram? :roll:

kameshratnam
22nd November 2006, 04:08 PM
K K is nt from kumbakonam he is from New Delhi..there are southies from Delhi :)

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 04:30 PM
Balram is the 1 sang Nee Than Yen Desiya Geetham - Parthale Paravasam . . . .

dinesh2002
17th December 2006, 03:59 PM
any news about Naresh Iyer singging in tamil or ARR?!!

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 04:15 PM
The toughest song he should have sung could be INNISAI followed by MAYIL IRAGE....

INNISAI was just mind blowing

Wibha
18th December 2006, 01:34 AM
his voice is soooo gud.........

i liked him in super singer when he sang himagiri tanayea in front of ARR........ :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 12:58 PM
yes wibha....he is our Tamil Sonu Nigam.... :)....his voice is the best now... :clap:

aruvi
18th December 2006, 01:12 PM
Hmm..what happenned to Karthik?! Marriage seems to be affecting popularity of even singers :huh:

Right now, I would say Karthik has the quality of SPB of old. He was able to elevate a mediocre "Oru Maalai" tune with just his singing.

I guess, the future can spring surprises on us, let's see.

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 01:18 PM
Hmm..what happenned to Karthik?! Marriage seems to be affecting popularity of even singers :huh:

Right now, I would say Karthik has the quality of SPB of old. He was able to elevate a mediocre "Oru Maalai" tune with just his singing.

I guess, the future can spring surprises on us, let's see.

ohh...he is still singging...but none of his songs become a big hit this year no.... :?

Wibha
18th December 2006, 10:04 PM
Karthick has a nice voice but TIMURU PUDICHAVAN :evil: :oops:

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 10:26 PM
Is karthik's first song Mayilirage?
He rocks in that song.

Wibha
18th December 2006, 10:44 PM
no karthick is da one who sang in boys
Ale Ale
his voice is really gud thou

Ramakrishna
18th December 2006, 10:47 PM
Oh it was Naresh iyer who sang Mayilirage, Very good voice, is it his first song in tamil?

Wibha
18th December 2006, 10:49 PM
yea i guess so.......

NOV
19th December 2006, 06:17 AM
He rocks in that song.:rotfl:
enna Rama, unakku 70 vayasu irukkumaa? :lol:

Be patient for a while - an exciting piece of news on Naresh will be forthcoming soon..... :D

Wibha
19th December 2006, 06:49 AM
wat's it bout NARESH???????

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 09:46 AM
no karthick is da one who sang in boys
Ale Ale
his voice is really gud thou

yea...but did u listen to Naresh's version of Alle Alle [ Sillusilukum Silmishi - Chennai Kadhal] ???? now i regret y didnt Naresh sang Alle Alle !!! :( :cry:

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 09:47 AM
He rocks in that song.:rotfl:
enna Rama, unakku 70 vayasu irukkumaa? :lol:

Be patient for a while - an exciting piece of news on Naresh will be forthcoming soon..... :D

waiting eagerly!!! :clap:

Wibha
19th December 2006, 09:47 AM
yea naresh's VOICE is gud and hopefully he's not like KARTHICK..........naredh is like hariharan more i guess :D

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 09:48 AM
ohhh...i taut he was more like Sonu Nigam ;)

Wibha
19th December 2006, 09:49 AM
i don't like sonu dats y i put hariharan :wink:

buvana
19th December 2006, 03:40 PM
yea naresh's VOICE is gud and hopefully he's not like KARTHICK..........naredh is like hariharan more i guess :D

Naresh's voice is crystal clear, kannadi maathiri !! But Karthik also renders well eg. Girlfriend, Ale Ale, Oru Maalai etc. Hariharan is excellent, be it tamil/ hindi song or ghazal..

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 04:46 PM

Naresh's voice is crystal clear, kannadi maathiri !! But Karthik also renders well eg. Girlfriend, Ale Ale, Oru Maalai etc. Hariharan is excellent, be it tamil/ hindi song or ghazal..

:clap: yup...esp in Innisai & Munbe Va.... amazing!!

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 05:20 PM
Naresh Iyer sang 2 more songs in the movie Thoovaanam, Music By new comer? Isaac Thomas...

- SMS Ilae : (Naresh Iyer, Mahathi, Vinaya, Stephan Devass & Satyan) :

- Rap (Bit Song) : (Naresh Iyer & Nidheesh Gopalan)

:)

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 06:09 PM
i really wonder y did Naresh sang those songs... its bad :(

raghudev
26th December 2006, 04:21 PM
yeah

His toughest song was Innisai after Mayilaragae. He sang very good in the super singer context, HIMAGIRI THANAYE HEMALATHE, was superb.

his latest release of chennai kadhal and rendu, he has sung in THOOVANAM. VISIT RAAGA .COM, GOOD SONG

many more yet to come

saras

NOV
3rd January 2007, 10:18 AM
Be patient for a while - an exciting piece of news on Naresh will be forthcoming soon..... :Dwaiting eagerly!!! :clap:check out January 2007 issue of TFM magazine.... the news is there. ;)

http://tfmmagazine.mayyam.com/jan07/

rekhs_h
4th January 2007, 12:18 PM

dinesh thanks a ton for ur unthinking remark
i guess u r entitled to ur opinion
or yr taste in music is real bad :D
its v common for ppl to rate a mediocre song of YSR or VS or any established md as great but not give a sec chance to a newcomer Isaac thomas who is a winner of many national/state awards and to write him off w/o even giving him benefit of doubt or a sec hearing!
do u hv any idea the amt of blood sweat and tears that went into this audio..thoovaanam!its so easy to criticise and easier for ppl to let such remarks stay in their heads..give us a break man!
i feel sad..thats why tfm will never b refreshing ! cos we do not give a chance to bring refinement into the degeneration of music in kollywood in gen:(
i hope u get to revise ur opinion when u see the final product ,with visual!i'll ask u again then!

buvana
9th January 2007, 03:34 PM
Dinesh, Naresh has sung for HJ in Pachaikili..

dinesh2002
9th January 2007, 05:46 PM
Dinesh, Naresh has sung for HJ in Pachaikili..

cool...! looking 4ward to this!! :)

dinesh2002
9th January 2007, 05:55 PM

dinesh thanks a ton for ur unthinking remark
i guess u r entitled to ur opinion
or yr taste in music is real bad :D
its v common for ppl to rate a mediocre song of YSR or VS or any established md as great but not give a sec chance to a newcomer Isaac thomas who is a winner of many national/state awards and to write him off w/o even giving him benefit of doubt or a sec hearing!
do u hv any idea the amt of blood sweat and tears that went into this audio..thoovaanam!its so easy to criticise and easier for ppl to let such remarks stay in their heads..give us a break man!
i feel sad..thats why tfm will never b refreshing ! cos we do not give a chance to bring refinement into the degeneration of music in kollywood in gen:(
i hope u get to revise ur opinion when u see the final product ,with visual!i'll ask u again then!

thanks for ur comment... im guessing u should be from the crew of the thoovanam audio...! and on coming with blood & sweat to give this audio, it doenst mean other songs that were composed by ARR, YSR, HJ even came out with ease.... they too have gone tru hurdles to deliver those tracks and still people comment on them worse than wut i have commented here.... its just that didnt expect Naresh to render such songs...thats it...

ill recomend u to listen to Ithu Enna Maayam from Ooram Po by G.V.Prakash..... thats wut u call fresh music and instantly catchy ;)

Hulkster
9th January 2007, 06:20 PM
I listened to idhu enna mayam...i wunt call it catchy but i will call it a melody that enchants you with its style...slow, breezy like your on a lonely night date with your lover at the beach. The piano sounded excellent.

Cant call it refreshing, ARR has done such songs before and yuvan has done it in kadhal kondaen likewise with his mini songs. The thing about isaac thomas songs is that he packs melody with a variety of rhythms and his tune is mainly carnatic..so its like almost a fusion in a way. :D

rekhs_h
10th January 2007, 01:38 PM
[quote=dinesh2002]i really wonder y did Naresh sang those songs... its bad :(

thanks for ur comment... im guessing u should be from the crew of the thoovanam audio...! and on coming with blood & sweat to give this audio, it doenst mean other songs that were composed by ARR, YSR, HJ even came out with ease.... they too have gone tru hurdles to deliver those tracks and still people comment on them worse than wut i have commented here.... its just that didnt expect Naresh to render such songs...thats it...

ill recomend u to listen to Ithu Enna Maayam from Ooram Po by G.V.Prakash..... thats wut u call fresh music and instantly catchy ;)

ofcourse i am fm the thoovaanam team,if u took time to read the link univ hulkster gave u wldnt have had to guess:D i did not say YSR HJ and co dont sweat it out..i just asked u to give us time to prove our worth and not make such disparging remarks.frankly i dont think naresh has done a bad job at all.I am not comparing GVP or any new movie here,infact GVP is a v gd friend of mine and i think he is awesome,that doesnt mean ITK is 2b written off!!!
FYKI Naa.Muthukumar and ppl in the industry have rated our music a fair 65- 70 %,and unfortunately ITK doesnt have a godfather as a relative to ride piggy back on or have his path smoothened !If u thot this song of naresh's is bad i can give u umpteen examples thats trash dished out by Mds who r top 5 in the industry now.we r not doing a survey or comparison..each to his/her own.but u cld b a little more considerate thats all...well thats asking too much out of u anyways! time will tell :)

dinesh2002
10th January 2007, 02:25 PM
[quote=dinesh2002]i really wonder y did Naresh sang those songs... its bad :(

ofcourse i am fm the thoovaanam team,if u took time to read the link univ hulkster gave u wldnt have had to guess:D i did not say YSR HJ and co dont sweat it out..i just asked u to give us time to prove our worth and not make such disparging remarks.frankly i dont think naresh has done a bad job at all.I am not comparing GVP or any new movie here,infact GVP is a v gd friend of mine and i think he is awesome,that doesnt mean ITK is 2b written off!!!
FYKI Naa.Muthukumar and ppl in the industry have rated our music a fair 65- 70 %,and unfortunately ITK doesnt have a godfather as a relative to ride piggy back on or have his path smoothened !If u thot this song of naresh's is bad i can give u umpteen examples thats trash dished out by Mds who r top 5 in the industry now.we r not doing a survey or comparison..each to his/her own.but u cld b a little more considerate thats all...well thats asking too much out of u anyways! time will tell :)

hey hi,its great to have u in this hub then.... i get ur point, but to improve better, ull def need some negatives review too.... u can put mine in there & move on... easy :).... on the other songs than Naresh's tracks in Thoovanam, they were very good.... no doubt on that... so relax as its getting positive reviews from the cine peeps as u said....and good luck for ur future projects...

On Ithu enna Mayam, i think its an excellent song recently,compared to many noises that was used for melodic numbers in the albums released lately, it had this 'feel' flowing through out the song... ofcource its nothin new when u brin ARR in the picture, but couldnt help praising this song.... if its just another normal melody for u guys, pardon me & move on :)

Hulkster
10th January 2007, 04:28 PM
Dinesh ithuley enna pa irukku pardon penna...this is your own feel about the song...was just stating my opinion that i dunt think its refreshing...but it was very good though...reminded me of ARR in those days when he could seamlessly flow through a romantic night situation with the piano. :D

BTW this song's feel has nothing to do with your recent kadhal effect rite? :P

dinesh2002
10th January 2007, 07:22 PM
haha...Hulkster,illai....ippe ellam yen statement ellam kalavaram thaan start pannuthe....example my comments on the Naresh songs in thoovanam... haha... :lol: ..thats y safe side i said pardon me ....

yupp man... i have heard many piano oriented songs from various mds, but this song particularly has something special.... exactly like what u said.... i felt this flow only in ARRs song.... and now its in GVP... :) .... i wouldnt say coz they r related,coz if blood related has this kinda effect, A.R.Rehana would have done a much better job than GVP...but she end up with Machi & Aadatha Aatam ellam....

and no Hulkster,me praising this song has nothing to do with the love effect of mine :lol: ...

Hulkster
10th January 2007, 07:55 PM
Understood....:thumbsup:...i guess even in piano oriented songs we have different tastes..i prefer a soulful pathos like piano melody that of pogadhey in Deepavali while you prefer a more romantic and soothing style of piano melody. :D

reagan87
10th January 2007, 08:28 PM
Mazhai Nindrum by SPB in Thoovanam is absolute charm. Superb melody!

rekhs_h
11th January 2007, 08:54 AM

thanks reagan, we r fm the thoovaanam team and spb sir came and sang it in 20 mins flat and was so humble,and when i told him lyrics r by naa muthukumar sir he said pleasure is mine for singing it and who wldnt want to sing it !
dhinesh thanks for the welcome at laaaast :) thot i was gonna b ostracized:p hrd the song..

paRavaigaL palavidham
ovvondrum oru vidham
paadalgaL palavidham
ovvondrum oru vidham

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
taste is relative man ! all i am saying is dont write us off and send us off bk to the pavilion :) w/o giving this batsman the benefit of doubt !!!

NOV
11th January 2007, 09:01 AM
You are absolutely right! SP Bala is a gem of a person and extremely talented. Even for our Sangkeertanam devotional album, he just took 30 mins to rehearse and 30 mins to record. Needless to say, his song was the highlight of the album.

Well rekhs_h, haven't listened to your album, but am now looking fwd eagerly. :D

Thoovam thread here: http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8897

Sanjeevi
11th January 2007, 10:53 AM

thanks reagan, we r fm the thoovaanam team and spb sir came and sang it in 20 mins flat and was so humble,and when i told him lyrics r by naa muthukumar sir he said pleasure is mine for singing it and who wldnt want to sing it !
dhinesh thanks for the welcome at laaaast :) thot i was gonna b ostracized:p hrd the song..

paRavaigaL palavidham
ovvondrum oru vidham
paadalgaL palavidham
ovvondrum oru vidham

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
taste is relative man ! all i am saying is dont write us off and send us off bk to the pavilion :) w/o giving this batsman the benefit of doubt !!!

I have listened it two times in FM, definitely nice melody

dinesh2002
11th January 2007, 04:25 PM
Understood....:thumbsup:...i guess even in piano oriented songs we have different tastes..i prefer a soulful pathos like piano melody that of pogadhey in Deepavali while you prefer a more romantic and soothing style of piano melody. :D

yup Hulkster.... :thumbsup: both the songs r great...!! :)....now all im waiting to listen to Naresh Iyer in GVP's & YSR's composition... :)

dinesh2002
11th January 2007, 04:28 PM
yup rekhs..... the song by SPB is something special after so many years in SPB's career..... just dun be worried.... once the movie is released...the songs will pick up drasticly... :thumbsup:

rekhs_h
14th January 2007, 08:19 PM
yup rekhs..... the song by SPB is something special after so many years in SPB's career..... just dun be worried.... once the movie is released...the songs will pick up drasticly... :thumbsup:

thanks dinesh...but tho i am a hard core fan of SPB sir and kamal
( when u guys hv time step into our www.thiraigaanam.com to see our lyrics collection )i dont swear by one md...i just like songs by diff mds..and choose acc to songs ...in toto...MSV KVM IR ARR have all given awesome songs that can never b del fm our memory..it depends on what u grow up with i guess :P
well i feel better now that i am not ostracized but actually welcomed into this forum!!!
its tuff not to b worried:)hulkster knows how jittttttery i am !!! the stakes r so high and the audience acceptance is so whimsical and there isnt any set formula for success!
i guess i hv to source all the astrologers and numerologists in chennai!!!:)

rekhs_h
14th January 2007, 09:18 PM
You are absolutely right! SP Bala is a gem of a person and extremely talented. Even for our Sangkeertanam devotional album, he just took 30 mins to rehearse and 30 mins to record. Needless to say, his song was the highlight of the album.

Well rekhs_h, haven't listened to your album, but am now looking fwd eagerly. :D

Thoovam thread here: http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8897

oops NOV...didnt realise a thread xisted..thanks...just wanted to defend naresh to dinesh..:P
i think naresh has grt potential and wl soon b if not already a threat to karthik's place in tfm :)
cn i pls b ref to as rekhs instd of rekhs _h pls???

NOV
16th January 2007, 07:39 AM
oops NOV...didnt realise a thread xisted..thanks...just wanted to defend naresh to dinesh..:P
i think naresh has grt potential and wl soon b if not already a threat to karthik's place in tfm :)
cn i pls b ref to as rekhs instd of rekhs _h pls???Hi rekhs! Welcome to the Hub. :D

Honestly, I dont think anyone needs to be a threat to another - TFM is big enough to welcome a big pool of singers; I like both Karthik and Naresh's voices. Besides being talented, both these youngster have their feet firmly planted to the ground and this bodes well for the industry.

Incidentally, have you read Naresh's exclusive interview for the Hub?

rekhs_h
16th January 2007, 09:55 AM
cn i pls b ref to as rekhs instd of rekhs _h pls???Hi rekhs! Welcome to the Hub. :D

Honestly, I dont think anyone needs to be a threat to another - TFM is big enough to welcome a big pool of singers; I like both Karthik and Naresh's voices. Besides being talented, both these youngster have their feet firmly planted to the ground and this bodes well for the industry.

Incidentally, have you read Naresh's exclusive interview for the Hub?

ya i read...but theres one big diff where naresh scores over karthik u see NOV...N has humility which K lacks!!i dont think success shd change the innate nature of a singer..tho i hv met karthik v briefly i have hrd enuf fm the industry fm MANY reliable sources how he has changed...nalla paadinaa mattum pOdhaadhu nalla personaagavum irukanum illiya???thats why SPB sir scores over many many celebs i have met so far.. :)needless to add i am an ardent SPB fan!TFM is def big enuf to welcome a hazaar more singers but the big Q is sustenance:)and let me ask u the same q a decade fm now, me thinks N is gonna rule the roost:)
incidentally did u see naresh's SS music interview?he came across as a v humble sensible youngster.
what i wanted to tell dhinesh was that naresh cant really sing a song badly whether a movie i am associated with or otherwise!
i am sure many of u r aware of the mudslinging bet another singer and karthik on tv...atleast naresh doesnt resort to such stuff!!!
anyways...my comment was just a flippant one..sorry if it hurt ur feelings:( dont wanna hurt any karthik fans!sometimes truth is a bitter medicine:p

raghudev
16th January 2007, 12:03 PM
hey friends

Hi guys.... here is the list of his songs in tamil so far:

1.Mayilirage - Ah Aah [with Madhushree]
2.Kadhal Sutthude - Saravana [with Sadhana Sargam]
3.Innisai - Varalaaru [with Mahathi & Saindhavi]
4.Kamma Karayille - Varalaaru [with Soumya]
5.Aasai Kanave - Imsai Arasan 23m Pulikesi [with Kalyani]
6.Munbe Va - Sillunu Oru Kadhal [with Shreya Ghoshal]
7.Sillusilukum Silmisham - Chennai Kadhal [with Kalpana]
8.Nee En Tozhiya - Rendu [with Sujatha]
9. Kummmi Adi - Sillunu Oru Kadhal...
10. SMS le - Thoovanam
11. Idukuthana - Thirumagan
12. Thati Thati - Thirumagan

in Telugu

1. Preminche Premava - Nuvvu Nenu prema
2. Telugu version of Kummiadi - Nuvvu Nenu prema
3. Oh Chilakamma - Notebook -

in HINDI

4 songs which include tubin bataye, phatshala, rubaroo, etc.

Many more yet to release

Hulkster
16th January 2007, 07:06 PM
rehks_h maam he meant the song was bad..not the singing :exactly:..dinesh is a hardcore naresh iyer fan :D

rekhs_h
17th January 2007, 10:09 AM
rehks_h maam he meant the song was bad..not the singing :exactly:..dinesh is a hardcore naresh iyer fan :D

oh hulks thats even more bad news!:(( :(( :(( dhinesh en nenjai kuththitay!!!:) and i am gonna hv a permanent scar!what cn i say xcept "ok wait for the visual"...:) dhinesh cn u pls mail me at rekhs_h@yahoo.com so i cn crucify u thru mail :p if not in person :))

dinesh2002
17th January 2007, 06:13 PM

oh hulks thats even more bad news!:(( :(( :(( dhinesh en nenjai kuththitay!!!:) and i am gonna hv a permanent scar!what cn i say xcept "ok wait for the visual"...:) dhinesh cn u pls mail me at rekhs_h@yahoo.com so i cn crucify u thru mail :p if not in person :))

hahah...man...i will send u a mail nw... ;)

rekhs_h
23rd January 2007, 06:45 PM
dinesh hv u hrd naresh's song in pkmc?
i think its truly awsm!
tho HJ is a "repeat mannan" this is a feel good song tho i cant for the life of me visualise sharath kumar singing it !!!

dinesh2002
24th January 2007, 02:59 PM
yes rekhs... i heard the song... im not so fond of that song... its alwiz reminds me of New York Nagaram - SOK song..... esp from starting of second interlude untill the end of the song... diidnt know Gautham was so impressed by New York Nagaram song that he asked HJ to ape it out for his own film after giving a bad comment on SOK movie.... is this the season of cloning ARR songs or wut... ?? :?

rekhs_h
26th January 2007, 03:31 PM
yes rekhs... i heard the song... im not so fond of that song... its alwiz reminds me of New York Nagaram - SOK song..... esp from starting of second interlude untill the end of the song... diidnt know Gautham was so impressed by New York Nagaram song that he asked HJ to ape it out for his own film after giving a bad comment on SOK movie.... is this the season of cloning ARR songs or wut... ?? :?

mayb u will start liking it after repeated hearing...wl grow on u like many ARR songs do :D

watch out for his song fm "sweet" renamed ninaithaalay..and gv me ur " take " on that!

dinesh2002
27th January 2007, 11:43 AM
rekhs...i havent heard of an album named Ninathaley, is it released??

rekhs_h
27th January 2007, 09:25 PM
rekhs...i havent heard of an album named Ninathaley, is it released??

to be released shortly..thats why i said watch out..and grab it as soon as its launched:)
aiyo apparam dont accuse me of too much expectation and being disappointed:D

Hulkster
28th January 2007, 08:15 AM
Isnt this the album where IR and ARR have composed a song together?...thats another reason to await :cool:

raghudev
30th January 2007, 01:31 PM
ORU KALAVANI PAYALA SUNG BY GREAT JODI NARESH AND MADHUSHREE, JUST LOVELY SONG.

dinesh2002
30th January 2007, 04:59 PM
thats y Hulkster, isnt this the 1 that ARR-IR combo for a song...but the thing is, how come such news ,i mean, ARR & IR coming together is like 1 athisayam,and its not even given the publicity it deserves... ?!?!?!?! :shock:

Hulkster
30th January 2007, 05:38 PM
Then dinesh it must be a publicity event for the movie or the people who must be doing the movie have been keeping it very secretive :?

dinesh2002
11th March 2007, 07:02 PM
think he is slowly gaining the Top Male Singer spot... :)

check out his songs.... esp Thatti Thatti with Madhushree.... nice melody !! :)

MusicIsLife
12th March 2007, 10:04 PM
I really loved the song Illayaraja ARR Rahman sernthu amaitha isai nee song from Ninaithaley..

The album is a quite welcome change, nice melodies!! from the mundane kuthu songs.

dinesh2002
29th March 2007, 06:25 PM
i don see him singging with ARR nowdays...based on Guru & Sivaji tho... hmm...

NOV
30th March 2007, 06:56 AM
is that you in your avathar dinesh? :P

dinesh2002
30th March 2007, 03:03 PM
is that you in your avathar dinesh? :P

yes Nov... thats me 8-) ..

yippeee!! NAresh iYer sang in Sivaji :D

RR
8th August 2007, 12:33 PM
Naresh Iyer crowned Best Singer in National awards 2007..

http://www.hindu.com/2007/08/08/stories/2007080855821500.htm

Congrats, Naresh! :clap:

Sanguine Sridhar
8th August 2007, 01:48 PM
Its a very good news! Congrats Naresh! 8-)

raghudev
10th August 2007, 01:15 PM
hi naresh iyer

CONGRATULATIONS AND WISH YOU MORE AND MORE LAURELS.

HIS AWARDS SO FAR

HUB AWARD FOR HIS FIRST SONG MAYILARAGAE
KANNADASAN AWARD FOR FRESH MUSICAL TALENT
FILMFARE AWARD
NATIONAL AWARD

aruvi
11th August 2007, 10:28 AM
Congratulations.

Wibha
11th August 2007, 11:30 AM
CONGRATS NARESH :clap: :clap:

ur voice :musicsmile: :D

Yathu
11th August 2007, 04:59 PM
:clap:

A truly well deserved award. :D

Such a versatile voice!

Keep up the good work.

:clap:

littlemaster1982
11th August 2007, 10:20 PM
:clap: Congratulations Naresh :clap:

Wibha
3rd August 2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSQ3E4KOE2w&feature=related

:D :D :D

Wibha
3rd August 2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQaqLpRfeZM&feature=related

:smokesmirk:

Wibha
3rd August 2008, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeBVc7lPzfE&feature=related

:cool:

Wibha
4th August 2008, 04:22 AM
old interview from hindu-2006

TWO SONGSTERS OF A KIND Naresh Iyer and Mahathi have struck a musical chord.

She's 20 and a veteran of over 50 songs. He's 24 and the voice of the "Rang De Basanti" album, with four songs in the cult hit. She shot to fame with "Ayyaiyo Ayyaiyo Pudichirukku"; he, with "Roobaroo" and "Paatshaala". Mahathi and Naresh Iyer sang together for A. R. Rahman's "Godfather" even before they knew each other.

Now, the buddies catch up at Mocha for coffee on a Sunday afternoon as Sudhish Kamath does the recording.

Mahathi: Hi

Naresh: (bursts out laughing) It's kind of weird to interview you.

Mahathi: Yeah, it's weird to be formal.

Naresh: Yeah, I know you are weird. (laughs)

Mahathi: Oh my God! (giggles) Anyway, tell me how did you get to know Rahman?

Naresh: Actually, I had taken part in a competition called Super Singer, conducted by Adnan Sami. Nearly 24,000 contestants had applied. To cut a long story short, finally 25 people were short-listed and Rahmanji happened to be there. I sang something in front of him and then I was called by him. He said, `I have good news for you and bad news, what do you like to hear first?' Then he said: `I'll tell you the good news first. I will be using your voice for my Tamil song. You will be recording something with me next week. And the bad news is that you are out of the competition.' I thought he was just consoling me or joking or something; but he is a genuine person. He actually called me within a week and I sang `Mayilirage.' Then, what about your trip?

Mahathi: My parents used to say I started identifying ragas when I was one and a half. I was in my mother's lap when my father began an alaap in Hamsadhwani and I started jumping saying `Ganapathi Ganapathi' before he started to sing `Vatapi Ganapathim.' So she thought I had some musical talent in me. Appa, who was a disciple of Balamuralikrishna, was my first guru. Then, I learnt in Trivandrum and Trichur. Appa used to get transferred all around Kerala and I was there till my 11th Standard. That's when I got the State award in Kerala for classical music. Amma used to maintain a file of everything I did since I was a child... interviews, live demos, magazine cuttings. She carries it with her always. So when we came to Madras, I went to take the blessings of Ilaiyaraja sir because I'm his greatest fan. My mom brought the file along. Ilaiyaraja sir didn't even see one page in the file... he said he'll see it later. He asked me to sing. It was a dream come true for me.

Naresh: Naturally...

Mahathi: I was so nervous I closed by eyes and sang a keerthanam in Sankarabharanam. Then he just glanced through the file and asked me if I could read Tamil and sent me into the studio. I started crying.

Naresh: You can read and write Tamil?

Mahathi: Yes, I can. I sang for him and he said it was good but I could come the next day and polish it. I was so excited; I came home and told my parents that I sang. They couldn't believe it. They asked me if I wanted to stay back. So we shifted to Chennai.

Naresh: Pretty nice of them.

Mahathi: So in 2002, I did my 12th here. For one year, nothing happened. Then in 2003, I joined Meenakshi College, did my B.A. And that's when I sang for Harris Jeyaraj... Sami... "Ayyaiyo Ayyaiyo Pudichirukku". I was in Vellore when he called. So I came to record for the song overnight. That was my first release and it was a big hit. After that, Vidyasagar sir, Bharadwaj sir, Deva sir and...

Naresh: And Mahathi is all over the place. (laughs)

Mahathi: No, it wasn't like that. Until a year ago, in every interview, I was asked if I hadn't sung for Rahman.

I was waiting for the opportunity and finally I got the song for Godfather...

Naresh: It's a beautiful song that you've got.

Mahathi: We sang it together. I didn't know you then.

Naresh: I didn't know you either.

Mahathi: Vairumuthu sir was there dictating the lyrics: "Innisai Alabedaye, Ilamaiyin Nankodaiye... "

Naresh: Nothing I understood. (smiles)

Mahathi: He sat next to me and was wondering why I was not writing in Tamil. I was writing it in English.

Naresh: I can't read or write Tamil.

Mahathi: You can't even talk (laughs). But do you think it's important for singers to learn the language?

Naresh: Yes, if they know the language, it becomes easier for them.

Mahathi: You can add more feeling to the song, right? Naresh: Yeah, but sometimes even if the tune is nice, you can always emote. Some North Indians are singing South Indian songs and vice versa. So, it's not always necessary...

Mahathi: But it helps... I went to Connexions five times when Godfather audio was about to release. I was wondering if the song was coming and if my name would appear on the album. And then I saw it, there were three versions of the song and my name appeared three times (all excited).

Naresh: The other day, I met you at the studio when you were doing the `Uthukaadu Venkatasubbiar Kritis' album... Congratulations on that.

Mahathi: Thank you. Classical and film singing are entirely different.

(The conversation veers towards technical aspects such as taraanas and soon gets back to Rahman's working style compared to others)

Mahathi: When you work with Ilaiyaraja sir, the song is almost done. Ninety-five per cent of it is done. You sing the song and it's done. He will play the whole song for you.

Naresh: Yeah, with Rahmanji, it's the other way. After you sing, only five per cent is done. And 95 per cent happens after that.

Mahathi: Even Harris Jeyaraj sir is like that.

Naresh: So, we never know what else he has added, so there's always an element of suspense as to how it's going to come out.

Mahathi: My favourite of yours is "Paathshala." It peps you up anytime you listen to it.

Naresh: I like "Tum Bin" and "Roobaroo." How can I not like my own songs? (laughs) I'm grateful to director Rakesh Mehraji, lyricist Prasoon Joshiji and the way "Roobaroo" was used in the climax of the film, the recall value was higher. I liked your "Ayyaiyo Ayyaiyo Pudichirukku."

Mahathi: I should thank my parents, my guru, and Harris Jeyaraj sir and all my music directors.

Naresh: People I want to thank... first my grandmother and my entire family. Of course, Adnan Sami. Because of him only, I could meet Rahmanji. And obviously, Rahmanji had so much faith in me and primarily, God. And, my gurus.

he's 26 or 27 now :oops: :cry: