PDA

View Full Version : IR News and Other Titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

raja_fan
14th March 2008, 06:39 AM
Kiru,

I agree with your first part.

I don't have vayatherichal on ARR as some people claim. Indha 15 varudathil saadhikkaadha muyarchi seiyyaadha ondrai inimel avar saadhippaar endru enakku nambikkai illai.

If anybody looks back at his career, they will definetely not find any effort from him in WCM / symphony direction. Ellaame POPular music thaan ! That is what makes his new claim amusing :)

And this "Mozart of Madras" title ! I want to meet that great soul who gave this title to him...Mazart enna paavam seidhaaro ! ARR could have better been called some thing like "Michael jackson" or "Madonna" of Madras.

Overall, his KM observatory may become popular..but still the question will remain "What did the founder do in his capacity to the things which he preaches now ?" or "Is the founder really capable to do what he claims as his plan ?"

I wish IR does not go to ARR's observatory for composing any further WCMs. IR's own orchestra would be far more better than the half-baked people (in WCM) that ARR has around him :)

thamizhvaanan
14th March 2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah! I should havent have wasted my breath. :( No pt in trying to appeal to these people's reason :lol2:

Year after year they will still keep admiring ARR's ppl skill and make it sound as if that is the only thing that keeps him going. They will still be wondering why their man is found to be so much wanting in the same regard, as if that is the only thing that contributed to his decline. I wonder how far diplomacy goes in influencing a common man's taste.

I dunno why, but some people over here may sound very considerate and fair n all, but its all "oosi in vazhaipazham" case. And ofcourse there is the other breed, which is 100% vaitherichal case :lol2:. Cant help it but just sit back and enjoy their posts as well :lol2:

raja_fan
14th March 2008, 10:21 AM
Vayatheriya thevaiye illai brother ! :)

because ARR has done at least one good thing now.., we are going to have more people in future who will appreciate the genius in IR and who will wonder "what are we trying to do new that IR had not done years before us !" . And all these people will be from ARR's consortium itself :lol2:

baroque
14th March 2008, 10:33 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Mr.Rahman for his great vision, LOVE for MUSIC! Proud of You! :clap: :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
14th March 2008, 10:53 AM
Raja Fan,

Unga theerkka dharisanatthai paarttha pullarikkudhu :lol2:

raja_fan
14th March 2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks littlemaster1982 :)

raajarasigan
14th March 2008, 11:19 AM
kameshratnam,

I could not find it..Is it Kumudam or any other ?

Online version is having only last week's Kumudam...

Usually it is updated on sat / sunday...

K
14th March 2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-03-19/pg4.php

appushiva
14th March 2008, 03:33 PM
Hello, here i like to comment about IR, he is the greatest muscian for the past and to the future, Like Kamal hassan told to the crowd that he is like thiruvalluvar to tamil music. He gives music not to ears but to soul, people who are serious listeners can realise this.
His music makes the watchers to attach emotionally to the movie either it is love,faith, affection,thriller,revenge or violance.
He can give music to movies lke "titanic" "Matrix" and any other music directors in the world can able to direct music for movies like "Sagar sangamam""sindhu Bairavi". It's an open challange.
His downfall in flim industry is not due to his capabality, it's due to politics,ego,casteism,adamant and rivalry. Can any one expect ethics in film industry it's become like race course - BUSINESS - spend this much money and how much we will get.
It's a media they can give better entertainment with message - But who cares , they want hit and they get it.The tamil film industry now follows the same suit what hindi flim industry had done to R.D.Burman , hence not to be desperate.let people hear the contemporary songs now then only they can realise the value and depth of IR songs.
Pizza, rasagulla's can be taken once in a month but you can't avoid your cultural food. Now the choise is yours.

Regards,
Shiva

A.ANAND
14th March 2008, 04:55 PM
[quote="raja_fan"]Vayatheriya thevaiye illai brother ! :)

because ARR has done at least one good thing now.., we are going to have more people in future who will appreciate the genius in IR and who will wonder "what are we trying to do new that IR had not done years before us !" . And all these people will be from ARR's consortium itself :lol2:[/quote
ithathan 'chi chi intha pazham pulikum'innu solluvangallo! :lol: ithalellam unnga kitta iruthu ethirpathathu thane!puthusa enna solla porinnga??? arr ethu pannalum kuttam kandu pidikka unngala
pola sila peru irukkathan seirannga :banghead:

krish244
14th March 2008, 06:19 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-03-19/pg4.php

Thanks for the link K!

One student terms songs of "Cheeni Kum" as remix. I don't think it (songs of CK) can be equated with the current trend of remixes. Probably, technically, its (is it?) a remix, but I feel songs of CK are still fresh (except the tunes) as its designed for situations rather than only being a fun song (which is the current trend) that is filled with trendy sounds/music/loops. So, I would term it as "reuse" instead of remix.

Just my thought.

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
14th March 2008, 08:13 PM
Our people still don't know to pronounce Cheeni Kum. He says Cheeni KOOM..Hindi edhirppu kootam allavaa naam..ippadi thaan irukkum :)

Interesting to see that IR mentions Mani ratnam here again ( last time he mentioned in the Dhinathanthi series ).
This shows that he has a good respect for Mani and no bitter feelings in his heart..Good :)

kiru
14th March 2008, 09:52 PM
Year after year they will still keep admiring ARR's ppl skill and make it sound as if that is the only thing that keeps him going...:

Dude, dont club me with that group ...I have written a small article on ARR's music 6 or 8 years ago. It was hosted by ARR fans in some website or group (see how appreciative it must have been). And many friends of mine who are IR fans got angry with me and even have stopped corresponding with me :-(

Dragun
17th March 2008, 12:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1tBFm5nqg

Aboorva Sagotharargal deleted song

Devar Magan
17th March 2008, 04:12 AM

Aboorva Sagotharargal deleted songthanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssss

raja_fan
17th March 2008, 06:39 AM

Not bad..but good that it was replaced by Raja kaiyya vachhaa.

But this tune could be still reused by IR..
How about for Myskkin's film ? :) for his usual pettai song...this song looks more like "Katthaazhai kannale...thagida..thagida.." :)

irir123
17th March 2008, 07:48 AM
raja_fan - it was replaced by Annathey not Raja Kaiya Vacha!

raja_fan
17th March 2008, 08:26 AM
irir123,

Yes, I too thought so, but the comment on that video mislead me !

RR
17th March 2008, 09:57 AM
raja_fan & others,

Pls don't try to convert this to a IR (vs) ARR thread. I think there are threads in 'current topics' section to discuss that topic.

app_engine
17th March 2008, 06:45 PM
Comparison posts after RR's message have been moved to Current Topics forum.

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11300&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Let's post only news and titbits related to IR here. Thanks!

appushiva
18th March 2008, 10:22 AM
IR's new movie in tamil

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/37250.html

Regards,

Shiva

krish244
18th March 2008, 12:25 PM
"Malaiyur Mambuttiyaan" will be remade as "Malaiyur Mambuttiyaan". IR's "Kaattu Vazhi" song to be remixed!

http://www.chennaionline.com/Film/News/March08/03article64.aspx

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
18th March 2008, 04:11 PM
Videos of IR's Tiruvannamalai devotional concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlXWeo0Xsfw&feature=related

selvakumar
18th March 2008, 04:18 PM
"Malaiyur Mambuttiyaan" will be remade as "Malaiyur Mambuttiyaan". IR's "Kaattu Vazhi" song to be remixed!

http://www.chennaionline.com/Film/News/March08/03article64.aspx

thanks,

Krishnan

it would be better if they retain the song as it is and give credit to IR. IMO, it is not a typical cine song that can be remixed. Oru nattupura pattu. Itha remix pannuraangala :(

app_engine
18th March 2008, 08:05 PM
Power of music:
IR's music helped a person overcome depression / suicidal thoughts due to disability caused by accident -
http://dinamalar.com/2008MAR18/vikatan.asp

itsmuls
19th March 2008, 11:28 AM
Did anybody watched "Isai Aruvi", from yesterday evening they have started advertising a new Serial, directed by Bharathiraja and has music by Maestro.

MumbaiRamki
19th March 2008, 11:55 AM
Power of music:
IR's music helped a person overcome depression / suicidal thoughts due to disability caused by accident -

I guess this is the same article which came in
kumudam(or AV) too last week. It said he has opened a blog positiveanthony.blogspot.com , but apparently there is nothing in that website.

He says that IR' music brought life to him and he started to learn keyboard..

rajasaranam
19th March 2008, 12:10 PM
Power of music:

In my Own Reallife Situation I've met atleast 2-3 persons who have mentioned this to me that 'Raaja's music was a balm to their broken hearts or had helped them to overcome depression'.
Personally i too feel that ' avarudaiya Sila padalagalil irukkum sugamum aaruthalum aalathiyaanathu, veru evar isaiyilum Kidaikaathathu' Especially the Thaalaattu's, amma Songs and melancholic songs!

crajkumar_be
19th March 2008, 12:20 PM
RS,
adhu enna 2-3 persons? IMO, it is a default for any rasigan of Ilaiyaan

P.S: Have to add that *sometimes*, it is "dangerous" or too burdensome to listen to some of his works, for exactly the same reasons

Devar Magan
19th March 2008, 02:09 PM
RS,

P.S: Have to add that *sometimes*, it is "dangerous" or too burdensome to listen to some of his works, for exactly the same reasons

exactly,

last night 11.30kku en friend kitta sonnen,

"machi, intha "poove sempoove" paattu irukkaa??"

"iruku da .."

"please, atha podaatha, thookkam kettu poyidum.. "

avan venumune pottaan, 6am-kku thoonginen. :cry:

raajarasigan
19th March 2008, 03:15 PM
YES Devar magan...

I too felt the same way... sila perukku IR paattai ketta thookkam varum..,

aana enakku thookkam kalaiyuthu...

app_engine
19th March 2008, 09:28 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=400726&disdate=3/19/2008

the movie 'vaNNa vaNNappookkaL' & some cine politics...

raja_fan
20th March 2008, 11:39 AM
Mourning the death of a special actor Raghuvaran :(

As a tribute , "thalyai kuniyum thaamaraiye" a rare Raja-Raghuvaran song from "Oru odai Nadhiyaagiradhu"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhbkW3odJPo

app_engine
20th March 2008, 07:22 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=400934&disdate=3/20/2008

Some more info on 'vaNNa vaNNappookkaL'. Looks like this was made during a period when BM was not well-organized.

raja_fan
20th March 2008, 08:36 PM
It also shows that IR did not have good opinion on BM's skills..
BM allways maintains that IR is an inevitable part of all his films..but shockingly IR has tried to avoid working with BM !! He is also ready to caution the producer about BM's inefficiency !!

I think this quality of IR would have also made directors to part their ways away from IR...In one sense, he is trying to do good to the producer, but in another sense, he could have minded his own business..

Nerd
21st March 2008, 07:52 AM
RS,

adhaanE.. Also depression mattum illa.. ellA mood-ukkumE, I repeat ellA mood-ukkumE at least 3-4 paadalgaL othu pOgum. LSD use pannittu pala pEru thiruvAsagam kEtkuradha naan pAthirukkEn (No offence :) )

Nerd
21st March 2008, 08:35 AM
Not sure if its been posted before..
http://pamaran.wordpress.com

thamizhvaanan
22nd March 2008, 09:59 PM

Not bad..but good that it was replaced by Raja kaiyya vachhaa.

But this tune could be still reused by IR..
How about for Myskkin's film ? :) for his usual pettai song...this song looks more like "Katthaazhai kannale...thagida..thagida.." :)

idha paatha Aboorva sagodarargal paatu madhiriya irukku? :roll: even the song composition is very cliched and uninspiring. :roll:

rajasaranam
22nd March 2008, 10:58 PM
idha paatha Aboorva sagodarargal paatu madhiriya irukku? :roll: even the song composition is very cliched and uninspiring. :roll:

Yes this was part of the 'Apoorva Sagotharargal' which was shot more than 50%. later Kamal was not convinced with the storyline and screenplay and re-did the whole movie. the Only instant when kamal Did this! otherwise he is always clear about his movies before going to the floors.

But we were fortunate enough that kamal was able to foresee this and made 'Apoorva Sagotharargal' as we know it now.
This song and some scenes from the earlier made movie was sreened in theatres later - 50 days or probably 100 days after the release of actual movie. Just to watch those 15 mins we used to go to the theatres those days. And this song was a huge big hit among Kamal Fans atleast. :) I dont think the composition is cliched or uninspiring. It is apt for the situation. May be you feel like that as you are listening it to the first time 8-)

dochu
23rd March 2008, 06:42 PM
There was a song "Aadi pattam thedi chennal vethai pottu...." . Guess it was in Michael Madana Kamarajan. But was not in the movie nor in the audio cassette.

Can somebody point me to a mp3? please?

drb

irir123
23rd March 2008, 08:15 PM
dochu - the original MMKR echo cassette which i purchased arnd the time of its release did have this "adipattam"! sung by Malaysia and SJ (?) - folkish and typical IR - nothing special
- i still remember how thrilled we were to listen to "sundari neeyum" for the first time - IMO that kind-of thrill/magic is missing in most IR songs these days - MX was a difference though - am putting my bet on "Pazhassi Raja"

NormalMan
23rd March 2008, 11:25 PM
[tscii:4a5037bd9d]This is reality in TFM today,
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-03-26/pg5.php

I will have to agree on the list except for VM's inclusion. There are far better & capable people in the industry today.

IR face the reality !! Give something path breaking or else fade into the woods.

1. தலைவர்

சக சினிமா நட்சத்திரங்களாலும், ரசிகர்களாலும் ‘தலைவர்’ என்று செல்லமாக அழைக்கப்படும் தமிழ் சினிமாவின் ஸ்டைலீஷ் செல்லம் ரஜினிகாந்த். எவ்வளவு லேட்டாக படம் கொடுத்தாலும் லேட்டஸ்ட்டாக வரும் வசூல் மன்னன். படத்தின் அறிவிப்பை வெளியிட்ட அடுத்த விநாடியே கோடிகளில் வியாபாரமாக்கக் கூடிய, லாபம் தரக்கூடிய காந்த சக்தி இன்றும் இவர் வசம்தான்.

புகழ் பெற்ற ‘ரஷியா வீக்’ பத்திரிகையால் ‘ஆசியாவின் மிகவும் ஆதிக்கம் செலுத்தக் கூடியவர்கள் பட்டியலில்’ இடம் பிடித்தவர். பாலிவுட் கதாநாயகர்களையும் பின்னுக்குத் தள்ளி இந்தியாவில் அதிகம் சம்பளம் பெறும் ஹீரோவாக முதலிடத்தில் தொடர்கிறார். கேட்டால் ‘‘இதெல்லாம் பாபாவின் அருள்!’’ என்று மெலிதாகப் புன்னகைப்பார்.

இவரது சம்பளம், ரோபோவுக்காக கொடுக்கப் பட்டது இருபத்தைந்து கோடி என்று முணுமுணுக் கிறது கோலிவுட் வட்டாரம். சினிமாவையும் தாண்டிஅரசியல் ரீதியான இவரது நட்புகளும் இவரை இன்னும் பவர்ஃபுல்லாக வைத்திருக்கின்றன. தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கு இவர் இமயம் என்றால் இவருக்குப் பிடித்த இடமும் அதுதான்!’’

2. நம்மவர்

ரசிகர்களால் ‘நம்மவர்’ என்று அழைக்கப்படும் புதுமை விரும்பி கமல் ஹாசன். சினிமாவில் சகல கலாவல்லவன். கே.பி.யால் புதுமுகமாக அறிமுகப்படுத்தப்பட்ட காலத்திலிருந்து இன்றுவரை தமிழ்த் திரையுலகிற்கு புதுமைகளை அறிமுகப்படுத்திக்கொண்டிருப்பவர். தொடாத துறைகள் இல்லை. உலகப் புகழ் பெற்ற இயக்குநர் சத்யஜித்ரேயால் பாராட்டப்பட்ட ஒரே தமிழ் நடிகர். வெளிநாடுகளில் பரவிக் கிடக்கும் தமிழர்களின் ஆதர்ச நாயகன். இந்தியா விலேயே முதல் முறையாக தனது ரசிகர் மன்றங்களை நற்பணி இயக்கங்களாக மாற்றிய முதல் நடிகன். நட்சத்திரங்களுக்கு மூலதனமாக உள்ள அழகான உடலையே தானமாகக் கொடுத்தவர். சினிமாவில் தான் சம்பாதிப்பதை மீண்டும் சினிமாவிலேயே முதலீடு செய்வதில் முன்னணியில் இருக்கும் சினிமா ரசிகன். முத்தம் மட்டுமல்ல, சினிமா வின் மொத்தமும் இவ ருக்கு அத்துப்படி!

3.மிஸ்டர் யூத்

ரஜினியைப் போல் கலகலப்பான, அதிரடியான கமர்ஷியல் ரூட்டில் பயணிக்கும் விஜய் தமிழ்சினிமாவின் லேட்டஸ்ட் டார்லிங். பக்கத்து வீட்டுப் பையனின் தோற்றமும், நளினமான நடனமும், ஜாலி டைப் கதாபாத்திரமும் விஜயை ஹைஸ்பீடில் வைத்திருக்கிறது. படத்தின் பூஜையன்றே வியாபாரமாகி விடுகிற மார்க்கெட் வேல்யூ இளைய தலைமுறையில் விஜயின் படங்களுக்கு உள்ளது. இது அவரது பலம். இந்த பலத்துக்கு உரமாக இருப்பது கட்டுக்கோப்பாக செயல்படும் பல்லாயிரக்கணக்கான இவரது ரசிகர் மன்றங்கள்.

4. விக்ஷீ. ஸ்மார்ட்

அஜித்_தமிழ் சினிமாவின் ஸ்மார்ட் ஹீரோ. எந்தவித சினிமா பின்னணியும் இல்லாமல் உச்சத்திற்கு வந்திருப்பவர். விளம்பரமில்லாமல் பலருக்கு பர்ஸனலாக உதவி புரியும் இவரது குணமே இன்றும் சினிமாவிலும், மக்களிடமும் இவரை நல்ல சிட்டிஸனாக பெயரெடுக்க வைத்திருக்கிறது. இளைய தலைமுறை கமர்ஷியல் நடிகர்களில் தனது முப்பதாறாவது வயதிற்குள்ளேயே விதவிதமான கதாபாத்திரங்களில் பரீட்சார்த்தமாக நடித்தும் பார்த்த நடிகர். அஜித்தின் படம் சுமாராக இருந்தாலும் படம் ஓடும். காரணம் அஜித்மீதிருக்கும் மக்களின் தனிப்பட்ட அபிப்ராயம். சென்னை, கோவை, மதுரை, தூத்துக்குடி, நெல்லையில் ‘தல’க்கு ஆதரவு அதிகமிருக்கிறது.

5. விக்ஷீ. பிரமாண்டம்

தமிழ்த் திரைப் பட அகராதியில் பிரமாண்டத்திற்கு அர்த்தம் கொடுத்த இயக்குநர் ஷங்கர். எதையுமே ‘மாத்தி யோசி’ என்பதுதான் இவருடைய வெற்றிக்கான ஃபார்முலா. ஒரு படைப்பாளியின் தனித்துவத்தை விட்டுக் கொடுக்காதவர். அது பட்ஜெட்டாக இருந்தாலும் சரி; சப்ஜெக்டாக இருந்தாலும் சரி! சமீபகாலமாக நல்ல திரைப்படங்களை எடுக்கும் தயாரிப்பாளராகவும் வலம் வருகிறார். இந்தியாவில் அதிகம் சம்பளம் பெறும் இயக்குநரும் இவர்தான். ‘ரோபோ’ படத்திற்கு இவரது சம்பளம் பதினைந்து முதல் இருபது கோடிகள் என்று பேசப்படுகிறது.

6. விஷீஸீமீஹ் ரத்னம்

தமிழ் சினிமாவை சர்வதேச அளவுக்கு அறிமுகப் படுத்தியவர் மணிரத்னம். தமிழில் ஆரம்பித்து, தற்போது பாலிவுட்டை மையம் கொண்டிருக்கிறது இவரது படைப்புகள். தன்னுடைய படத்திற்கு வெளிநாடு உரிமை, இணையதளம் மூலமான உரிமை, சர்வதேச திரைப்பட விழாக்களில் கலந்து கொண்டு பெறும் பரிசுத் தொகை மூலமாக உலகளாவிய பெயரையும் லாபத்தையும் பெற்றவர். இந்த வகையில் மணிரத்னம், மற்ற தமிழ்ப்படங்களும் இதே போல் லாபம் பார்க்க முடியுமென புரிய வைத்தவர். சுமார் அறுபது நாட்களுக்கு ஒருமுறை இவரது படங்கள் மூலம் ராயல்டிதொகை, விருதுத் தொகையென உலகம் முழுவதிலிருந்து வருமானம் கொட்டுகிறது என்கிறது கோலிவுட் வட்டாரம்.

7. மெட்ராஸ் மொஸார்ட்

இந்தியாவின் இசை நட்சத்திரம் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான். வெஸ்டர்ன் மெலடியையும், இந்திய இசையையும் கலந்து தமிழ்த் திரைப்படங்களில் புது பாணியைப் புகுத்தியது தற்போது இந்திய அளவிலும் எடுபடுகிறது. ‘மொஸார்ட் ஆஃப் மெட்ராஸ்’ என புகழ்பெற்ற டைம் இதழால் பாராட்டப்பட்டவர். பி.பி.சி.யின் ‘மிகவும் வெற்றி கரமான கலைஞர்கள்’ பட்டியலிலும் இடம்பிடித்தவர். திருட்டு ஆடியோ களேபரத்திற்கு மத்தியிலும் இவரது பாடல்சி.டிக்கள் லட்சத்தைத் தாண்டி விற்பதுதான் இவரது பலம்

8. என்சைக்ளோபீடியா!

தனது வசீகர தமிழ் வரிகளால் பாமரனையும் தமிழைக் காதலிக்க வைத்தவர் வைரமுத்து. தமிழ்சினிமாவில் இசைக்கு இளையராஜா புதிய முகவரி கொடுத்தபோது பாடல் வரிகளில் இருந்த பழமையை தகர்த்தவர். கவிஞர்கள் வறுமையில்தான் வாடுவார்கள் என்ற நிலையை தனது பாடல் வரிகளால் மாற்றியமைத்தவர். கோலிவுட்டின் முன்னணி நடிகர்கள், பெரும் இயக்குநர்களின் கவிஞர். கவிதை மட்டுமின்றி அரசியலிலும் வித்தகர். இவருக்குத் தெரியாத விஷயம் எதுவுமேயில்லை என்பதை நிரூபித்தது குமுதத்தில் வந்த இவரது கேள்வி _ பதில்கள்.

9. மிஸ்டர் நேட்டிவிட்டி:

நக்கல், நையாண்டி, அடிதடி நகைச்சுவைக்கு நடுவே தனது யதார்த்தம், பாடி லாங்வேஜ், டயலாக் டெலிவரியால் குடும்பத்தில் ஒருவராக ‘கிளப்பிவிட்டார்’ வடிவேலு. ஹீரோக்களுக்கு இணையாக காமெடியில் தனி ட்ராக் ஓட்டும் வடிவேலு ஒரு படத்திற்கு கொடுப்பது அதிகபட்சம் ஆறு நாட்கள் கால்ஷீட். ஒரு நாளைக்கு ஐந்து லட்சம் வாங்கும் ஒரே நகைச்சுவை நடிகர் வடிவேலு என்பதும் லேட்டஸ்ட் முணு முணுப்பு.

10. மிஸ்டர் ஒயிட்:

ஒயிட் அண்ட் ஒயிட்டில் கைகட்டி நிற்பார். ஆனால் எல்லாக் கால கட்டத்திலும் தமிழ்த் திரையுலகம் இவரிடம் கட்டுப்பட்டு நின்றிருக்கிறது.

அந்தக் காலத்து சூப்பர் ஸ்டார்கள் இவர் அப்பாவை ‘முதலாளி’ என்று அழைத்தது போல் இன்றைய சூப்பர்ஸ்டார் கூட இவரை முதலாளி என்றுதான் அழைப்பார். தமிழ்சினிமாவில் ஏவி. எம்மின் முதலீடு அப்படி!

ஒரு தமிழ் படத் தயாரிப்பில் செலவிடப் படும் ஒரு ரூபாயில் சுமார் பதினைந்து பைசா வரை ஏவி.எம்மிற்குப் போய்ச் சேர்கிறது என்பார்கள்.

ஏ.வி.எம் தமிழ் சினிமாவின் அடையாளச் சின்னம்..[/tscii:4a5037bd9d]

irir123
24th March 2008, 01:17 AM
NormalMan - wud appreciate if u can translate the same

raja_fan
24th March 2008, 07:43 AM
NormalMan,

This is not the reality , IMHO.

For example, they are not talking about the current situations regards to Kamal. They are talking about his past records and achievements.

The same with Maniratnam. He does not have even one tamil film at hand and all his films in the past 5-6 years were flops..

No need to give weightage to magazines like Kumudam..They just need some things to fill..

buggle
28th March 2008, 09:18 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/14854.html
Cannot understand what kind of friendship is this?
For BR daughter betrothel, IR present with his whole family and as well sitting behind BR on the stage..

kameshratnam
28th March 2008, 11:11 AM
Also see the pic where Ilayaraaja and Vairamuthu stand very close to each other..Rather the topic was something related to vairamuthu

raja_fan
28th March 2008, 12:33 PM
IR seems to share the laugh with others and he also seems to laugh looking at VM..

Anyways, IR-VM reunion seems nearly impossible..

btw..saw the "Therkatthi ponnu" advt on Kalaignar TV..What surprised me was that Ranjitha is still looking young..just as we saw her in Nadodi Thendral..

app_engine
28th March 2008, 08:19 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=402799&disdate=3/28/2008

Another report of BR's daughter's engagement...

kameshratnam
30th March 2008, 01:16 PM
I saw a Promo in kalaignar tv reg a programme by name Raja Rajathan..can anyone let know the details?

crvenky
30th March 2008, 02:44 PM
Kamesh,
They are re-telecasting IR's Sharjah concert.

raajarasigan
31st March 2008, 11:09 AM
I saw a Promo in kalaignar tv reg a programme by name Raja Rajathan..can anyone let know the details?

Todat morning I saw the flash news in Kalaignar TV showing that today(monday) 9.30 PM, they are telecasting 'Raja Rajathan' program...

kameshratnam
2nd April 2008, 10:32 PM
saw and heard Bhavada sing..oops..her voice was shaking

jaiganes
3rd April 2008, 05:23 PM
Saw Citizen Kane this week.
Was reminded of IR when Kane compels his wife to keep on singing till she gets a good review!!.
Inscrutable ways - Kadavulukke velichham.

Saagar
3rd April 2008, 10:33 PM
One more on "Pazhassi Raja" ... Director Hariharan has directed one film in Tamil earlier - Ezhavadhu manithan, which also won critical acclaim & national award ! Came to know about this today in a prog on Raghuvaran. Music for that film (1982) was by L Vaidhyanathan though.

app_engine
3rd April 2008, 11:19 PM
Interesting...if 'Ezhavathu manithan' (music LV) is by the same Hariharan who did nakhakshadhangaL & other Malayalam classics (mostly music by Bombay Ravi, a composer different from LV), then we can comfortably assume that he has good ears for music:-) 'veeNaiyadi nee enakku' and 'kAkkaichchiRaginilE nandha lAlA' are gems from Ezhavadhu manidhan.

Hopefully he is not overawed by IR's stature but keep demanding like 'I want something better'...

Saagar
6th April 2008, 09:20 PM
Another news item on a new IR Film in Gulzar's (Hindi Lyricist) website www.gulzaronline.com

" Gulzar saab once again with Maestro Illaiyaraja
Gulzar saab has been teamed up with Illaiyaraja for a new under production film directed by debutant Ajoy Verma. The yet untitled film marks the coming together aof a great pair that gave us an unforgettable score in Sadma. Even after so many years and so many thousands of listenings, songs like Ae zindagi gale laga le and Surmai ankhiyon me nanha munna ik sapna deja re are as fresh as they were 25 years ago. After Sadma, Gulzar saab and Illaiyaraja shared the credits in Revathy's Mitr My Friend where Gulzar saab penned one song.

For this new film a few songs have already been recorded, one of them is "Mujhko itne se kaam pe rakh lo" rendered by Roop Kumar Rathore. (Remember last time Vishal made the same poem into a song in Boodhey Pahadon Par)

Looking forward to the coming together of two legends... more details soon.."

Saagar
6th April 2008, 09:36 PM
Another one on a new film in Malayalam.. Looks like IR is on speed again...

Prithviraj out of 'Swapnamalika'
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, April 05, 2008]

It was reported earlier that Prithviraj and Mohanlal will join together for the first time on screen for K B Devaraj's 'Swapnamalika'.

The stars have even been to a photo session for the movie which captured the cover pages of all important film magazines of the state. But according to the latest news, a lot of drastic changes have been made on the scripts of the movie and the new script does not offer Prithviraj, any chance to show his face as any of the characters.

According to the new story lines, Mohanlal will appear as Appunair who is a permanent resident of U S. The film tells the story of his relation with Radha Karmal, a foreign lady.

Ileana will appear in this role while Meera Jasmine, Jagathy and Nedumudi Venu will also be in a pivotal role in the cast list. Ilayaraja will handle the music section while Venu will wield the cinematography of this movie which will start its shoot by the end of May.

krish244
7th April 2008, 11:52 AM
Another news item on a new IR Film in Gulzar's (Hindi Lyricist) website www.gulzaronline.com

" Gulzar saab once again with Maestro Illaiyaraja
Gulzar saab has been teamed up with Illaiyaraja for a new under production film directed by debutant Ajoy Verma. The yet untitled film marks the coming together aof a great pair that gave us an unforgettable score in Sadma. Even after so many years and so many thousands of listenings, songs like Ae zindagi gale laga le and Surmai ankhiyon me nanha munna ik sapna deja re are as fresh as they were 25 years ago. After Sadma, Gulzar saab and Illaiyaraja shared the credits in Revathy's Mitr My Friend where Gulzar saab penned one song.

For this new film a few songs have already been recorded, one of them is "Mujhko itne se kaam pe rakh lo" rendered by Roop Kumar Rathore. (Remember last time Vishal made the same poem into a song in Boodhey Pahadon Par)

Looking forward to the coming together of two legends... more details soon.."

Thanks Saagar for the news! So, looks like IR is doing a couple of Hindi movies. Really refreshing to hear that Gulzar is penning the lyrics. Curious to know the output.

I dont know why IR sticks to Roop Kumar Rathore and not try other singers...especially Sonu Nigam. Nothing against RKR, but a change will be refreshing. I am observing that IR, for most of his hindi scores have used non-popular singers of that times (but also observed that all those singers have justified his tunes). My feeling is that he wants to work with those with whom he has already worked and is comfortable with. But he has worked with Sonu Nigam, still I dont know why he is not using him. To list a few (male) singers he has used:

1) Suresh Wadkar
2) Vinod Rathore
3) Roop Kumar Rathore
4) Kumar Sanu (I think he sang "Masthana" along with Alka in Chaila or Chaliya)
5) Jolly Mukherjee (for Hey Ram I think)
6) Sonu Nigam (for MX)

I have not included movies in which IR might not have/did not take part in songs recording. I dont know if IR took part in Chaliya songs recording

Who are all the other male singers I have missed?

BTW, masthana song is very different kind of peppy song from IR (tune/orchestration very unlike IR).

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th April 2008, 02:58 PM
Wondering if this is the Ajoy Verma hindi movie that has Gulzar-IR combo:

http://video.webindia123.com/movie/location/hindi/index.htm

Looks like this combo of Ajoy-IR is through Kerala connection

thanks,

Krishnan

app_engine
7th April 2008, 07:13 PM
10 bankrupt producers being helped by Pyramid to produce movies...
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=404937&disdate=4/7/2008

Motherland pictures - understandable, as they've got into some risky ventures after the successful partnership with IR initially. (They went to L-P, RDB & all, to show off their "veembu" to IR)

But Sangili Murugan? How?

Sangili Murugan's last movie is supposedly 'kAdhalukku mariyAdhai' and how could he be bankrupt after such a successful venture (which supposedly was made in smaller budget, with IR getting only a token salary etc.). engEyO udhaikkudhu...

app_engine
8th April 2008, 01:32 AM
http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2008/newsfullstory.php?id=1207539143
IR possibly facing "Red Card"...

k_vanan
8th April 2008, 07:14 AM
Rajkiran comments why he chose IR in Malaikallan

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/april/070408c.asp

raja_fan
8th April 2008, 12:04 PM
Shreya once again asserts "Cheeni Kum" as her 2007 pick !

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/singer/7305/3/general/2/

sgmsin
8th April 2008, 02:02 PM
But Sangili Murugan? How?

-Sangili murugan sold kadhalukku mariyathai to ascar ravichandran for less amount.

raja_fan
8th April 2008, 02:50 PM
Hope all of you are watching IR's Dubai show on Kalaignar TV.

Though it is the same show, this time they are showing interviews of various singers and musicians on their association with IR.

Also the editing is very good now :)

Some highlights till now.

* Karthik Raja takes up the role of questioning people.

* For the first time, we could see IR appreciating the talent of singers openly - Sadhana and Shreya.

* SPB says only once IR openly appreciated his singing ( that song was an unknown one and did not come in the film ).

* Purushottaman ( the conductor ) was earlier a drummist and did songs like "Ilamai itho.."

thumburu
8th April 2008, 03:46 PM
raja_fan, Could you tell when exactly is this programme being telecast in "Kalaignyar TV"?

raja_fan
8th April 2008, 04:10 PM
9.30 - 10 PM from Mon to Fri.
Should be ending by this week.

Billgates
8th April 2008, 04:20 PM
raja_fan, Could you tell when exactly is this programme being telecast in "Kalaignyar TV"?

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=ilayaraja+in+dubai&search_type=

thumburu
8th April 2008, 05:20 PM
thanks r_f. Billgates, I don't have patience and bandwidth for youtubes :)

vem
9th April 2008, 11:08 AM
after years of my futile attempts on getting the video for this evergreen classic, my hard-work finally paid off when i found this in youtube. It is one of the best IR songs in terms of orchestration I suppose.

Enjoy this great piece from IR !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4gNJUOirA

raja_fan
9th April 2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks Vem !

Can any one point to me a good quality mp3 of "Sangathil paadaadha kavidhai..." ?
The one on cooltoad is not good :(

app_engine
9th April 2008, 08:48 PM
Flexibility of IR's salary:
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=405195&disdate=4/9/2008

For 'mukam', if the total production cost was 30lacs, the allocation to music would have been very limited and IR would've just covered his expenses for the players & equipments:-)

kiru
9th April 2008, 11:27 PM
after years of my futile attempts on getting the video for this evergreen classic, my hard-work finally paid off when i found this in youtube. It is one of the best IR songs in terms of orchestration I suppose.

Enjoy this great piece from IR !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4gNJUOirA

Amazing..sounds very Beethovinish...(got off the car an hour ago or so after listening to symphony #5, I think...)

MumbaiRamki
10th April 2008, 10:27 AM
Saw raja raja thaan yesterday ..Rakamma kayai thatu was absolutely pathetic !

raja_fan
10th April 2008, 11:50 AM
Saw raja raja thaan yesterday ..Rakamma kayai thatu was absolutely pathetic !

Yes ! I knew that already and switched channels to control myself.

Also the synth rythm for "oru chiri kandal" was also pathetic and stood odd man out :(

Vijay Yesudas needs to improve a lot in expressions in singing..He just renders plainly without involvement.

kj
11th April 2008, 02:34 PM
The remix era started in the mid/late ninties. Or so we think. In a 1987 movie called Jallikattu Raaja remixed his own song Dass Dass from 1986 Kadalora Kavithaigal song Das Das Chinnappa Das. Just listen to the song from Jallikattu and judge for yourself. OH MY GOD WHAT A BASSLINE...my head is still spinning from that bassline.

kameshratnam
11th April 2008, 04:24 PM
Yes. the best ever show by Raaja had to be Anrum Inrum Endrum by Jaya tv

raja_fan
11th April 2008, 09:29 PM
Just listen to the song from Jallikattu and judge for yourself.

I agree ! The first interlude of the songs is awesome !

Vkrish
12th April 2008, 02:29 AM
Can anyone help me with a short translation :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96LFUeL1Smo

Sureshs65
12th April 2008, 03:11 PM
I have seen lot of CDs of movies where Illayaraja is the music director. I haven't heard of many of these movies (I was not in Tamil Nadu during the 80s). Can someone give an idea of how good the songs in these movies are so that I can decide whether to buy the CD or not.

- Anbulla Malare
- Iravu Pookal
- Enna Paar en azhagai paar
(These three movies in one CD)

- Jyoti
- Ettanai Kolam Ettanai Parvai
- Kavidai Malar
(These three movies in one CD)

- Taaiku oru taalatu and two other movies

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

S.Suresh

Sureshs65
12th April 2008, 03:12 PM
Oops. It must read 'Ethani Konam Ethani Parvai'

raja_fan
12th April 2008, 04:56 PM
I know only Thaikku oru thalattu. The songs are good.

thumburu
12th April 2008, 05:52 PM
Most of these have just one or 2 stand out songs. You cannot expect an entire album to be good even in the 80's .
AnbuLLa malare - has "alai meedhu" and "uyire urave"
IravupookaL has "inimel naaLum " , a sweet solo by SJ and a peppy duet "malli malli chendu malli" by MV and SJ.
Ethanai Konam Ethanai parvai has the classical famous song "alai payudhe kaNNa" by SJ and KJY
Jothi has one lilting duet by SPB and an unknown female singer SaraLa in "sirichaa kolli malai kuyilu"
Thaikku oru thaalaattu has the remix of "unai onru ketpen", "aarariroo" , soulful solo by KJY and a PS-PJ duet that I can't recollect

raja_fan
12th April 2008, 07:38 PM
Thaikku oru thallattu has that gem "Kadhala kadhala.." by IR-KSC

Sureshs65
13th April 2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks raja_fan and thumburu for the inputs. Maybe I will buy the CDs to check out the good songs

rajasaranam
13th April 2008, 03:16 PM
Can anyone help me with a short translation :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96LFUeL1Smo

MSV is praising Raaja and telling that he is a fan of him and also that one of his qualities is to call any music director and praise him when they compose well.
Raaja continuing this says that MSV is very humble man, that while composing he will ask even a office boy or whoever is present there to tell whether they like the tune. If they dont like it, he will change the tune but somehow Raaja himself doesnt have that quality in him and he goes straight to the recording most of the time and only after the recording many directors will listen to his compositions....And also adds that many people dont know this good quality of MSV and wants it be recorded, as elsewhere there is no space to tell this on record.
MSV taking back the mike says 'yes its true lets keep it like that only...but Raaja doesnt have any doubt ... ' :)

sgmsin
14th April 2008, 11:53 AM
Most of these have just one or 2 stand out songs. You cannot expect an entire album to be good even in the 80's .
AnbuLLa malare - has "alai meedhu" and "uyire urave"
IravupookaL has "inimel naaLum " , a sweet solo by SJ and a peppy duet "malli malli chendu malli" by MV and SJ.
Ethanai Konam Ethanai parvai has the classical famous song "alai payudhe kaNNa" by SJ and KJY
Jothi has one lilting duet by SPB and an unknown female singer SaraLa in "sirichaa kolli malai kuyilu"
Thaikku oru thaalaattu has the remix of "unai onru ketpen", "aarariroo" , soulful solo by KJY and a PS-PJ duet that I can't recollect

Becuase most of the movie's contains only situational songs in 80. that may not satisfy music lovers .

raja_fan
17th April 2008, 09:01 AM
[tscii:6785097ffd]http://www.hindu.com/2008/04/17/stories/2008041761691100.htm

“It’s rare for a composer from the north to create tunes that allow the lyricist here to lend words with equal ease. Himesh has pulled that off. You will find in Himesh’s song, the joy of an M.S.Viswanathan tune. Those in the unit were initially sceptical but they fell for his music,” says Kamal.

joy of an M.S.V tune ?
No objection to that !

But why suddenly MSV now ? what happened to his close friend Raja ?

hmm...Kootti kazhicchu paarthaal ennavo nadandhirukku-nu patchi solludhu :(

[/tscii:6785097ffd]

ananth222
17th April 2008, 11:00 AM
[tscii:6ad8d42943]But why suddenly MSV now ? what happened to his close friend Raja ?

hmm...Kootti kazhicchu paarthaal ennavo nadandhirukku-nu patchi solludhu :(
[/tscii:6ad8d42943]
on the contrary, if he had brought up Raja, we would've castigated him for daring to compare Raja to Himesh... I'm glad he didn't do that

prana
17th April 2008, 03:07 PM
Ananth ur statement is really valid :lol: , we fanatics are real Raaja Terroroist, we would like to have his name by al means in all gud statements and praises...

No matter who leaves him or joins him...his oldies are there to be cherished for eternal...so y worry if kamal redicules or BR Joins

Plum
17th April 2008, 07:41 PM
kamal statements before movie release - take it with pinches of salt.
Himesh tune like MSV? Ofcourse, ketkaradhukku munnadi comment panna koodadhu. But someone whose idea of catchy is repetitive ABC-phrases (Junoon, Junoon, Junnoon, Junnon, repat 1-4, Junooooooon) HAS to be incapable of a decent tune. Adhellaam sudden-a kalidas maadhiri kalaivani arul-la ore naalula arivu ellam vandhudaaddhu.

Kamal April 1 annikku idhai sonnara? Or, maybe it IS a MSV -Tune - appadiye sutta pazhama irukkum

app_engine
17th April 2008, 09:23 PM
Digression
Plum, sometime back Kumudam wrote after hearing some samples of 10A that it has some 'mirattal' violin arrangements hitherto unheard in TFM:-) I'm waiting to hear the songs before commenting on that claim. My personal opinion is there are a lot of extra area in vioin usage that TFM - especially Raja - has covered compared to HFM. We need to wait and see for this mirattal.

Now they have also added this claim of melody comparable to MSV's (why they left KVM?). One more thing to wait and comment for. At least here the claim is not something 'beyond anything ever heard in TFM':-) which is good!
End-Digression

irir123
18th April 2008, 02:59 AM
guys - my few cents abt 10A music: I think Kamal's knowledge of music is much more than lil guys like Himesh - even IR said in his music show 'Andrum endrum' that Kamal is capable of making music himself!

by all means, kamal wud have cajoled Himesh into using some string samples and wud have even given the base tune for Himesh to build upon!

for Avvai Shanmugi, the song 'kalyanam kutcheri' had violin samples completely ripped off note-by-note from a western classical piece - that time it was deva - but even for Deva to lift a Western classical piece, he wud have needed Kamal's knowledge! i doubt Deva knows the difference between baroque, classical or romantic era music forms!

just the same way he delegates most of his directorial work to ppl like KSR, Santhanabharathy etc, kamal wud hav delegated this work to Himesh but must hav had a major hand in how it shaped up!

kameshratnam
18th April 2008, 09:50 AM
Todays Ananda Vikatan cover photo has IR with Jayakanthan and inside you a beautiful write up of their knowing each other all these years.

dont miss it

thumburu
18th April 2008, 01:32 PM
Kamesh, could you please post a gist of that info here ?

rooky
21st April 2008, 08:30 AM
From the AV writeup, IR asks JK why he had stopped writing.JK says,if i write anything now, that would mean i haven't written good stories before.

IR interrupts to say,"Neenga appadi ninaikalaam.Ennai eduthukondal,Naan isaiyil ithuvari perusa ethuvum seyyala.Inimaethaan puthumaiyana visayangal muyarchi seyyanum".

Jk replies,"Unga visayam vaera.Jananga ungakitta neraya ethir paarkiranga.Aana,Naan ezhuthina veedu puhunthu adippaanga..Athaan niruthitaaen."

itsmuls
21st April 2008, 01:30 PM
[tscii:b1c7b5423c]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/apr-08-03/nanditha-19-04-08.html

Who bagged the role – Nanditha, Madhuri or Kajol?
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
April 19, 2008

Director Padmamagan’s offbeat film Ammuvaaghiya Naan with Parthiban and Bharathi in lead roles was well-received among movie buffs and critics. The talented director will soon be back in action with yet another film. For this forthcoming project, which is touted to be a children’s film, he has signed up child star Darsheel Safari of Taare Zameen Par fame.

Padmamagan had approached Nanditha Das, Madhuri Dixit and Kajol to play the lead role. While Madhuri and Kajol declined the offer due to call sheet issues, Nanditha is said to have accepted the offer.

Having elaborated about this venture to maestro Ilayaraja, the director is now awaiting a positive response from him. An official announcement is expected from the director shortly.[/tscii:b1c7b5423c]

prana
21st April 2008, 07:31 PM
It seems, Raaja Sir has asked a Director(Who has already done few documentaries on famous personalities), to complete a Documentary on Jayakanthan. Raaja sir as well composing the background for it.

News From "The Hindu"

rajasaranam
23rd April 2008, 12:12 AM
'Innathey Chintha Vishayam' Velaikkaavathu pola :(
http://www.malluforum.com/about13076-Innathe_Chintha_Vishayam_Movie_Review.html
http://varnachitram.com/2008/04/12/review-roundup-innathe-chintha-vishayam/

crvenky
23rd April 2008, 01:20 PM
Please go through the link below:

http://jeyamohan.in/?p=393

It says the awards function and the screening of docu on Jayakanthan would be held tomorrow (24th April) at 10 am at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mylapore. The docu CDs would be available for sale in the evening - the program starts from 4 pm onwards. This would be presided over by our ex-President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.

I think the entrance is open. I request those in Chennai to utilize this opportunity to see Maestro and also grab your copy of the docu CD. As this is not a commercial CD, we may not get it in the market later.

Please spread the words to our other IR-friends. Those who attend the function can please share the proceedings here.

Check this also: http://jeyamohan.in/?p=390

sgmsin
23rd April 2008, 02:51 PM
ilayaraja signed with one new kanada movie.

krish244
23rd April 2008, 06:26 PM
Sgmsin, source?

thanks,

Krishnan

rooky
23rd April 2008, 09:10 PM
Innathae declared as HIT.

http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=14654474&cid=14625530

sgmsin
24th April 2008, 10:13 AM
Yester I saw the adv in Times of india new paper. I dont know the movie name but they mentioned music by ilayaraja.

krish244
24th April 2008, 11:04 AM
Yester I saw the adv in Times of india new paper. I dont know the movie name but they mentioned music by ilayaraja.

Oh ok. Thanks.

Krishnan

krish244
24th April 2008, 06:19 PM
I am wondering if this news is already posted here. Anyway, "Raja Rajaadhi" from Agni Nathchathram is remixed by Imaan for the movie "Durai". Shankar Mahadevan is the singer.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/38117.html

thanks,

Krishnan

app_engine
25th April 2008, 07:59 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=408684&disdate=4/25/2008

Report on IR's tribute to writer Jayakanthan. Function attended by Abdul Kalam.

app_engine
25th April 2008, 08:00 PM
Raja used to appreciate MR's picturization:

http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=408529&disdate=4/25/2008

Sanjeevi
26th April 2008, 10:51 AM
Pavalar Virudhu Vizha

http://jeyamohan.in/?p=396

app_engine
28th April 2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Reporter/2008-05-01/pg6.php

Interesting remarks about IR, comparing him with Jayakanthan as 'gnAnachcherukkarkaL':-)

rajasaranam
29th April 2008, 08:26 PM
a_e,

'Solai' has written that article. Ididnt know that he had fought for Raaja with the then Elitist gang :)

sudhakarg
1st May 2008, 07:00 PM
In that Kumudam interview, I'm sure the "kizhi kizhi yendru kizhiththu vittAr" part is an exaggeration. IR / Subbudu had a good relationship, and Subbudu was one of those very few who had the opportunity to listen to Symphony. Subbudu was highly respected by IR. "Solai" has fallen into the usual trap of suppressing one person to portray the genius of the other. It's not a nice practice, and it leaves a bad taste.

raja_fan
2nd May 2008, 06:34 AM
sudhakarg,

That remark is on how IR proved Subbudu false with his achievements.

Also he is talking about the times when IR just entered the field. Not the post symphony period. It is true that IR and Subbudu were not in good terms that time. Even during Sindhu Bairavi times, Subbudu was a harsh critic of IR.

sudhakarg
2nd May 2008, 11:50 PM
That's interesting raja_fan. My assumption was based on what we hear of IR in the cine industry. Never heard of any instance where he compromised with anyone with whom he did'nt get along at point in time. Interesting to hear that there were exceptions too.

Any idea when the turn around happened?

app_engine
3rd May 2008, 12:07 AM
sudhakarg,
I think the time period that article talks about is probably late 70's or very early 80's when there were still questions about IR's capability to handle ICM well (despite brilliant compositions like 'chinnakkaNNan azhaikkiRAn' in early years).

Such perceptions faded away in the later part of 80's due to many reasons:

a) He was becoming a monopoly in TFM:-) This means a number of media-darlings (e.g. KB) started partnering with him and negative writing started coming down
b) His ICM lessons with TVG and impressive shows with movies like sindhubhairavi, sAgara sangamam, rudra veeNA that won NA's
c) His becoming more religious, virtually a "sAmiyAr" avatar and all those related connections / interactions, flowing contributions to religious org's etc
d) HTNI & NBW - should have contributed to a lot of "converts" from anti-IR to pro-IR stance.

However, Subbudu's love towards IR's music was probably more manifest after the arrival of ARR, IMO:-) avarukku ippO thitta pudhu AL kitti:-) I think he used the same 'kEdharaththukku sEdhAram' to both idhu oru pon mAlaippozhudhu and ennavaLE adi ennavaLE.

app_engine
3rd May 2008, 02:33 AM
http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/05/02/stories/2008050250080400.htm

Praveen Mani's fav rAja pArvai...

app_engine
3rd May 2008, 06:21 PM
Digression -
http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14663495

One more IR-faithful going to another MD. I think he mentioned in dhinathanthi how he lost a chance to direct a Rajini movie because of insisting upon IR while Rajini wanted to have the current-sensation, ARR.

I think the first PV didn't have any songs.

End-digression

irir123
3rd May 2008, 08:21 PM
app_engine: now am not surprised that IR (with tons of self-respect) refused to work with Rajini even when Rajini wanted him later! we all feed bad that IR refuses/refused movies -but the more we see behind the screen, the reasons become apparent (from IR's point of view) - ellaam vidhi!

Dragun
4th May 2008, 02:37 AM
Also he is talking about the times when IR just entered the field. Not the post symphony period. It is true that IR and Subbudu were not in good terms that time. Even during Sindhu Bairavi times, Subbudu was a harsh critic of IR.

Surely Subbudu was not kind to IR's version of Mari Mari Ninne where he changed the raga.

appushiva
6th May 2008, 07:26 PM
Guys,

What I feel is our IR is a man of self respect and he gives music as an art and respects art.

Some takes milage on his shoulder, that he never allows.

No regrets on not signing big banners -- they are doing BUSINESS let them do.

I recently heard in the car the song-- 'Chinna pura onru" from the movie "anbe sangetha". The song is mind blowing after 30 years.
The credit goes to whole of the crew singer-male, singer-female,musicians, conductor and to IR. If a non-tamil hears this song he will understand the situation of the song. I like to leave in this domain.
AGAIN NO REGRETS TO NEW MOVIES. IF ANYTHING COMESAWAY FINE, AGAIN NO REGRETS.

Shiva

Saagar
6th May 2008, 11:39 PM
[tscii:6b5fe2c4bc]Another probable from IR....

Below news item is a few months old...a Hindi film 1857-Tatya Tope.

‘1857 TATYA TOPE’ TO ROLL IN JANUARY
Writer-producer-director Saif Khalid Sha will launch Cine Vision Arts’ 1857 TATYA TOPE in January at Nitin Desai’s Studio in Karjat. Music: Ilayaraja. The main cast and technicians are being finalized.
http://www.indiafm.com/trade/production_news/20071102.html

Currently the project is revived under a different director, coproduced by I&B ministry , with Akshay Kumar is lead...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=bf128523-a36f-4377-887e-63935318ba1a&&Headline=Akshay+Kumar+to+play+Tatya+Tope

Latest news on various forums do not have mention of music director yet. Can still watch out for!
[/tscii:6b5fe2c4bc]

Saagar
7th May 2008, 12:00 AM
Another Hindi Film "Mukhbiir" directed by Mani Shankar, (Music IR of course!) starring Sameer Dattani, Sunil Shetty, Om Puri, Rahul Dev, Raima Sen, Jackie Shroff is slated for release on 30th May

cujoo
7th May 2008, 01:18 AM
Can any one provide the mp3 links to download IR sings??

irir123
7th May 2008, 04:58 AM
Mukhbir is by KR not IR if am not mistaken

raaja_rasigan
7th May 2008, 03:00 PM
AGAIN NO REGRETS TO NEW MOVIES. IF ANYTHING COMESAWAY FINE, AGAIN NO REGRETS.

:yes: :exactly:

K
13th May 2008, 08:32 PM
[tscii:de010067ca]வர்ஷா பிக்சர்ஸ் சார்பில் எஸ்.எல்.பிக்சர்ஸ் தயாரிக்கும் படம் 'அய்யன்'. மாமதுரை படத்தில் நாயகனாக அறிமுகமாகி பாராட்டுகளைப் பெற்ற வாசன் கார்த்திக் இப்படத்தில் வீரம் மிக்க முனியசாமி எனும் பாத்திரத்தில் நடிக்கிறார்.

அவருக்கு ஜோடியாக அரியசெல்வி எனும் பாத்திரத்தில் திவ்யாபத்மினி அறிமுகமாகிறார். இந்தக் கதைக்குப் பொருத்தமாக எத்தனையோ நடிகைகளின் புகைப்படங்களைப் பார்த்தும் திருப்தியடையாத இயக்குநர், திவ்யாபத்மினியைப் பார்த்தும் ஓகே சொல்லிவிட்டாராம்.

இவர்களுடன் பிதாமகன் மகாதேவன், சண்முகராஜன், சிங்கமுத்து, இளவரசு, சூர்யகாந்த், கிரேன் மனோகர், சிசர் மனோகர், முத்துக்காளை, அல்வா வாசு, சூப்பர்குட் லட்சுமணன், சௌந்தர், சுப்புராஜ், விஜயகணேஷ், நெல்லை சிவா, போண்டா மணி என பலரும் நடிக்கிறார்கள். முக்கியமான காமெடி வேடத்தில் பிரபல காமெடி நடிகர் ஒருவர் நடிக்க உள்ளார்.

இப்படத்தின் கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனம் எழுதி இயக்குபவர் கேந்திரன் முனியசாமி. இசைஞானி இளையராஜா இசையமைக்கிறார். கவிஞர் சினேகன் பாடல்கள் எழுத, காசி வி.நாதன் ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்கிறார்.

'கத்தாழ கண்ணால குத்தாத…' புகழ் தினா நடனம் அமைக்க, சண்டைக் காட்சிகளை சூப்பர் சுப்பராயன் அமைக்கிறார். கலை என்.கே.பாலா, படத் தொகுப்பு – பி.சாய் சுரேஷ், தயாரிப்பு நிர்வாகம் – கே.ஆர்.பாலமுருகன்.

இப்படத்துக்காக பிரசாத் ஸ்டுடியோவில் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா இசையில்,

ஏ... சிவகாமி, அடியே சிவகாமி...

ஏ... தென்மதுர பொண்ணு

இது நான் பொறந்த மண்ணு

குலுங்கும் வாழக் கன்னு- நீ

சிலுத்து நிக்கிற பொண்ணு...

என்ற பாடல் பாதிவானது. சினேகன் எழுதிய பாடல் இது. பாடலைக் கேட்டபோது, ஒலிப்பதிவுக் கூடமே திருவிழாக் கோலம் பூண்டது போலாகிவிட்டதாம்.

பாடலைக் கேட்டவர்கள் மெய்சிலிர்த்துப் போய் இசைஞானியின் இசையைப் பாராட்டினார்களாம்.
இதுகுறித்து இயக்குநர் கேந்திரன் முனியசாமி இப்படிக் கூறுகிறார்:

"இந்தப் படத்தோட கதையை இசைஞானி இளையராஜா கேட்டதும், 'ரொம்ப வித்தியாசமான கதையா இருக்கு. இது நிச்சயமா வெற்றிப்படமா அமையும்' என்று சொன்னார்.

இந்தப் படத்தின் இசைக்காக முழுக்க முழுக்க கிராமிய இசைக் கருவிகளையே ராஜா சார் பயன்படுத்தி இருக்கார். முதல் பாடலைக் கேட்ட எல்லாரும் அப்படியே அசந்து போய் நின்னுட்டாங்க. ராஜான்னா சும்மாவா... திரை இசையின் ராஜாவாச்சே அவர்... இந்த ஆண்டோட சூப்பர் ஹிட் பாடல்களா அய்யன் பாடல்கள் அமையப் போகுது. நமது மண்ணின் மணத்தையும், பண்பாட்டையும் பிரதிபலிக்கிற படமா இது நிச்சயம் அமையும். இளையராஜாவின் இசைக்கு அதில் பெரும் பங்கு வகிக்கப்போகிறது... இந்த மாசம் 15-ம் தேதியிலிருந்து ராமநாதபுரம் மாவட்டத்துல படப்பு நடத்தப் போகிறோம்..." என்றார்
[/tscii:de010067ca]

app_engine
13th May 2008, 09:26 PM
>>இந்தப் படத்தின் இசைக்காக முழுக்க முழுக்க கிராமிய இசைக் கருவிகளையே ராஜா சார் பயன்படுத்தி இருக்கார். <<

vAzhga!

raja_fan
14th May 2008, 08:18 AM
முதல் பாடலைக் கேட்ட எல்லாரும் அப்படியே அசந்து போய் நின்னுட்டாங்க. ராஜான்னா சும்மாவா... திரை இசையின் ராஜாவாச்சே அவர்... இந்த ஆண்டோட சூப்பர் ஹிட் பாடல்களா அய்யன் பாடல்கள் அமையப் போகுது.

Aarambichuttaanunga paa !
Mudhalla padam veliye varudhaannu paarppom :(

krish244
14th May 2008, 08:21 AM
Update on "Uliyin Osai":

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2008/karunanidhi-uliyin-usai-130508.html

thanks,

Krishnan

app_engine
15th May 2008, 10:38 PM
http://www.screenindia.com/news/Chip-off-the-block/309989/

Looks like Salil's son is in the BGM business at Bollywood. And, yes, he admires Raja:-)

kameshratnam
16th May 2008, 10:45 AM
Todays Ananda Vikatan contains an interview with director bala.

Bala talks about nan kadavul and also talks about a 7 minute raaja song which he picturized in Kasi.. After hearing that song a sadhu in kasi cried it seems

Read it enjoy it :D

MumbaiRamki
16th May 2008, 01:42 PM
Kamesh,
Thats a nice one - I believe that song should be v good - not in commercial plane ,though.

ARUNPRAKASHKRISHNAN
16th May 2008, 08:58 PM
does the film naan kadavul has only one song?

Plum
16th May 2008, 09:29 PM
app_engine, yes Sanjoy Choudhary is a raja admirer. Years ago, I have read his interview in Hindustan Times where he mentioned the same thing.But he was just Salil Chaudhary's son then. Now, he seems to have carved an identity. The whole family has great respect for Raja. Even his sister, Salilda's daugther has spoken good things about Raja before.

Plum
16th May 2008, 09:31 PM
And it is vice versa. Raja apaprently has huge respect for Salilda, not surprising considering he played for him.
If I am not wrong, Salilda's daughter mentioned about Raja having a huge portrait of Salilda in his house, and how two-bit Bollywood composers talk about how they are the greatest and live in a bubble whereas this outstandigly talented man pays his respects to masters like her father.

vigneshram
17th May 2008, 07:57 AM
does the film naan kadavul has only one song?

No.
For "Naan Kaduvul" Raja is reusing his "Pitchai paathiram" song from Ramanamaalai and "Maadha un koyilil" from Achaani, apart from the 7.15 minutes song.

raja_fan
18th May 2008, 07:27 AM
Did any one notice the new Ad of Saravana stores with Shreya moving for "Edho mogam..." tune of Raja remixed ?

rooky
18th May 2008, 11:05 AM
Most of the saravana store Ads have IRs' songs remixed..am wondering if these ads are done by KR.Any idea...

Recent ones doing rounds are...April mayilae.., Edho megam,..

Vkrish
18th May 2008, 05:41 PM
hope u r refering to this ...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tnkEyGWR5qw
the remix is awesome :)

kameshratnam
19th May 2008, 09:41 AM
[tscii:41f5f5ce4c]
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-08-02/naan-kadavul-17-05-08.html

bala’s magnum opus is nearing completion and in an exclusive interview to a Tamil tabloid, the director has revealed some of the closely guarded secrets of the movie. Naan Kadavul is mostly shot in the banks of the Hindu holy river Ganges and opens with Arya’s rudradadavam in the shores of the river.

Naan Kadavul

While recollecting an incident during the shooting, Bala mentioned that a Sadhu visited the spot after hearing the song ‘Orumuraya Irumuraya’ composed by Ilayaraja and did not leave place until the song was over. “He hails from northern India and did not understand a word of Tamil, however, I could see tears running down his cheeks towards the end of the song,” Bala said. The Sadhu touched Bala’s feet before leaving mentioning that he could decipher the meaning of the song without understanding the language. “Such was the power of music and that was when I realized Ilayaraja’s music has no boundaries,” Bala further added.

Bala has brought to light the lives of Agory Sadhus, who are said to be cannibals surviving on the dead in the banks of Ganges, for the first time in Indian cinema. The movie also focuses on the lives of physically and mentally challenged people and beggars. “I wanted to employ real people in the movie and hence we had to interact with such people a lot to make them deliver the dialogues perfectly,” Bala revealed.

There are scenes of Arya consuming Pooja’s dead body (and Arya plays an Agory) which might invite trouble from the censor board. However, Bala has an equally powerful climax scene in hand just in case the censor officials raise concern. Besides, Bala revealed that the climax fight scene took about one month to shoot. “The fight scenes will be real and we had to work for a month to that effect,” Bala was quoted as saying.
[/tscii:41f5f5ce4c]

raja_fan
19th May 2008, 11:25 AM
Sadhu..fight scene..cannibalism..Pujaa..Aham Brahmaasmi !

hmmm..last-la sodhappa pogudhu..sorry ! :(

thumburu
19th May 2008, 01:51 PM
Oh my God!!! When is Bala coming out of these outcasts theme and direct a nice social theme?

raja_fan
19th May 2008, 02:17 PM
Nothing wrong to explore dark side of life once in a while.
But there should be a clarity and focus. Otherwise it will be not worth it.

I liked Pithamagan. But it would have been more better if Vikram did not do all those kind of animal stuff..Sudu kaattula vaazharavannaa ippadi "gorrr" nu urumanumaa ? :)
All these are cinematic exaggerations which brought down the quality.

MumbaiRamki
19th May 2008, 03:55 PM
hope u r refering to this ...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tnkEyGWR5qw
the remix is awesome :)
Yes- Im a big fan of these remixes.. Not sure if this was done by KR ..
But KR dis remixes for Aircel ..I heard the Ninaivo Oru Paravai remix( TV) ..Its quite nice -Unfortunately they are not released in CDs nor in any downloads..One and only to Aircel users !

Sanjeevi
19th May 2008, 04:13 PM
Most of the saravana store Ads have IRs' songs remixed..am wondering if these ads are done by KR.Any idea...

Recent ones doing rounds are...April mayilae.., Edho megam,..

Also another one remix version of "One two... Sundal Payirai Orraiyachi... Three four ... Thandal edu paski edu" (Engitta Mothathe song of Rajathi Raja)

jaiganes
19th May 2008, 10:57 PM
Oh my God!!! When is Bala coming out of these outcasts theme and direct a nice social theme?

What May I ask you is your 'nice social theme'?
Mozhi?
hmm. It is only in Thamizh Nadu where the person who creates out of ordinary/out of box art works will be criticized/labelled.
Look at Guillermo Del Toro or Alejandro amanbar from Mexico/Spain.
They hve consistently made similar looking movies or intrpreted the regular stuff in their ow style and Guilerm Del Toro's visual surrealism is entertaining/though provoking and inspiring at the same time while its themes are repeating in every movie (Fascism/innocence/self discovery).
The mere fact that Bala tries to capture a strata in society that no one else has ventured to bother looking at deserves a "hoorah" from us - not criticism.
Till such time we keep wanting all creative geniuses like Bala and IR to make art as it appeals to us, they will never be free to create their own expressions.
"Kuyilai pudichu koottil adachu paadasollugira ulagam"..
:bangcomp: :huh: :hammer:

selvakumar
19th May 2008, 11:06 PM

audience kku aluthu pora varaikkum

All these are cinematic exaggerations which brought down the quality.
Yup !!

Dragun
20th May 2008, 01:04 AM
I'm with you, Jaiganes. I didn't like Pithamagan because I felt it ended up using the usual commercial elements, but I appreciated that it was about characters not usually depicted in cinema. Outcasts, misfits, etc. Tamil cinema does not need more serials-on-the-big-screen or one-fighting-100 masala films or clean-but-bland "social" films.

jaiganes
20th May 2008, 01:23 AM
Dragun!!
I caught up with 'Open your eyes' last week. This spanish movie was the inspiration for Partheban to make Kudaikkul Mazhai. When a refreshing theme/approach is introduced, you see that the everyone in the creative team (music/cinematography) is impelled to provide and extraodinary output. You can see that in the music of Open your Eyes and you can see it in any movie where the film maker goes ahead and makes 'his/her' own movie.
I only wish if we let our film makers make gems that will extract the best out of Ilaiyaraja and Rahman, instead of wanting them to do great music for insipid and unimaginative scripts.

app_engine
21st May 2008, 10:05 PM
Visali Kannadasan as lyricist -
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=413180&disdate=5/17/2008

rajasaranam
21st May 2008, 11:37 PM
Naangathaan Chennai'la illa :( Irukravangalavathu intha Padatha vaangi engayavathu upload panni punniyam theidkalaam ilaa :?
http://jeyamohan.in/?p=425
Raajavoda BGM pathi padikkum boadhe pullarikuthu :oops:

app_engine
22nd May 2008, 12:50 AM
ஜெயகாந்தன் ஆவணப்படம் பற்றிய இன்னொரு ரிப்போர்ட்:
http://dinamalar.com/piraidhalgal/kalki/piraithal_kalki3.asp

k_vanan
23rd May 2008, 01:45 PM
Netruthan "SHIVA-Hindi" padam parthen. Rombanalaiku appuram IR music for Gangster/police story movie. Ennatha solleruthu intha vayisuluyum manusyen BGMlah ivaluvu fresh ah kuduka mudiyumunu nan ninaichu kooda parkavillai yennama kalaikirurokar . Padam sumarthan. Songs "demi demi" appuram IR sung oru title paatu supero super. hope he can deliver this kind music in tamil too. Yeno ippo ellam IR tamil paatu yellam oru freshnesh teriyuleh :(

IR should avoid the 3rd rate movie such danam, KKKP, O osai & etc. yeppidithan intha matiri kuppa padam ellam accept panninar puriyuleh.

Hope Nandalala & NK will give success for IR :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
23rd May 2008, 02:00 PM
Hope Nandalala & NK will give success for IR :thumbsup:

I hope so :)

Sanjeevi
23rd May 2008, 02:03 PM
Saw advertisement of Uliyin Oosai in yesterday issue of Indian Express with tag "Viraivil thiraiyil".

So we can expect earlier audio release by Mu Ka

R.Latha
23rd May 2008, 02:29 PM
Oliyin Osai
:banghead:

Sanjeevi
23rd May 2008, 02:48 PM
Oliyin Osai

:oops: sorry keyboard slip agiduchu

Uliyin Osai

k_vanan
23rd May 2008, 02:49 PM
Oliyin Osai

Saw some still from kollywoodtoday.com. padam theruma ? so bad :banghead: , BTW there are scope for music with classical touch :D

MumbaiRamki
23rd May 2008, 04:52 PM
As i posted previously, i had heard one full song from uyilin oosai - "kallai irunthaen" ..Guess ung by Vijay yesudas and sadhana ..OK song ...Not bad, though

krish244
23rd May 2008, 05:22 PM
"Padikkadhavan" getting dubbed into Telugu:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/38591.html

thanks,

Krishnan

app_engine
23rd May 2008, 10:27 PM
IR supported by serving as a "conductor" when Singeetham (director of rAjapArvai, apoorva sahOdhararkaL...) became a composer:-)

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/05/23/stories/2008052360040100.htm

crvenky
26th May 2008, 03:40 PM
Raja had scored for a Telefilm by RC Sakthi - Vaai Poottu in 90s.

http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=414073&disdate=5/22/2008

raja_fan
29th May 2008, 08:57 AM
Mysskkin talks about IR in this week's Kungumam.

Kungumam Ad in TV says "Thamizhargalukku Ilaiyaraja thaan thaai...solgiraar Myskkin..
Padikka padikka swarasyam..Vangi vitteergalaa.." :)

Sanjeevi
29th May 2008, 09:58 AM

Kungumam Ad in TV says "Thamizhargalukku Ilaiyaraja thaan thaai...solgiraar Myskkin..

seems like he is very big IR fan like us :)

rajasaranam
29th May 2008, 11:14 AM

:D

another problem for a Director being a fan like us is, we always tend to look at IR in awe and would be happy with anything he gives as music, never attempting to inspire him or demand him for a better output. Though The music just flows out of him just like the fragrance of a flower we need to extract that properly in order to make perfume :) Hope mysskin does that 8-)

raja_fan
29th May 2008, 11:41 AM
I agree RS.
Endha komban aanaalum velai vaanga aal venum.
Sila paer thadavi koduthu velai vaanguvaanga..P.Vasu, RV.Udhayakumar maadhiri..
Sila paer kudaindhu kudaindhu velai vaanguvaanga..Mani ratnam, BR maadhiri..

Ippo irukkaravangellaam kenji kooda velai vaanga maatengaraanunga :(

Shankar
29th May 2008, 03:44 PM
sila pEr nalla script ai kuduththu vElai vanguvAnga...Bala mAdhiri :-)

rajasaranam
31st May 2008, 05:34 PM
manikantan news
http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/05/30/stories/2008053050130300.htm

Dragun
9th June 2008, 04:57 AM
Does anyone know where I can purchase a CD of the Malayalam film Guru, composed by IR?

raja_fan
9th June 2008, 04:54 PM
Shreya Goshal won best female singer award at IIFA 2008. But not for Cheeni Kum :(

http://www.indicine.com/movies/bollywood/iifa-awards-2008-nominations/

ivanungalai ellaam thirutthave mudiyaadhu..
IR should abandon going to Hindi !

app_engine
10th June 2008, 09:15 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=418002&disdate=6/10/2008

iLamai oonjalAdukiRadhu & sattam en kaiyil songs...

app_engine
11th June 2008, 08:55 PM
குமுதம் ரிப்போர்ட்டரில் ஒரு கிசு-கிசு:
--------
இசைஞானி காட்டில் மட்டும்தான் இப்போது இசைமழை பொழிந்து வருகிறதாம். வழக்கத்திற்கு மாறாக, இப்போதெல்லாம் இயக்குநர்களிடம் இயல்பாக சிரித்துப் பேசும் ஞானியார் வசம் இந்தாண்டு மட்டும் பத்துப் படங்கள் ஒப்பந்தமாகி இருந்தாலும் முதல்வரைச் சந்தித்து இசைப் பல்கலைக்கழகம் ஆரம்பிப்பதில்தான் அதிக ஆர்வம் காட்டுகிறாராம்
---------

kameshratnam
12th June 2008, 10:41 AM
In Jaya TV's Hari Giri Assembly programme yesterday, they had an interview with B Kannan, the Cameraman: He had 2 very important points to say

1. Raja is a very good cook and when they used to stay together raja used to cook Vendakkai fry and it used to taste good

2. And there was a scene in Mann Vasanai where the scene was shaking due to the camera and facilities..and it was raja's RR which made it look so great that even the shake was no where

app_engine
13th June 2008, 08:31 PM
Vivek says his son's inspiration is IR...kind of unusual as Vivek is generally associated with the VM (& by extension, ARR) camp.

http://kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-06-18/pg9.php

buggle
13th June 2008, 09:33 PM
Vivek says his son's inspiration is IR...kind of unusual as Vivek is generally associated with the VM (& by extension, ARR) camp.

http://kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-06-18/pg9.php

Actually in one of the interviews Vivek said IR named his son's name

rooky
14th June 2008, 09:04 AM
Vivek is strange..Some 10years back,any interview of vivek had some mention on IR.He had proclaimed that he was a IR fan.I remember in one of his interview about his abroad schdules,he said the thing he likes the most when on car is to listen to IRs' songs.

But offlate,he changed a lot or so it seems..
There are so many in the film industry who would say IR is the best when are in IR function and then ARR as the best when in ARR function.Same with Rajini,Kamal or Vijay,Ajith..

It happens :)

MrJudge
14th June 2008, 11:26 AM
I caught up with 'Open your eyes' last week. This spanish movie was the inspiration for Partheban to make Kudaikkul Mazhai.

Do you recommend Open your eyes? Because I liked KM.

raja_fan
14th June 2008, 12:40 PM
But offlate,he changed a lot or so it seems..
There are so many in the film industry who would say IR is the best when are in IR function and then ARR as the best when in ARR function.

People like Vivek and Vaali are typical jaalraas. They go beyond limits when moving from one side to another.

jaiganes
14th June 2008, 01:29 PM
I caught up with 'Open your eyes' last week. This spanish movie was the inspiration for Partheban to make Kudaikkul Mazhai.

Oh Offcourse!!
It was remade by Cameron Crowe as Vanilla Sky *ing Tom Cruise.

What you will not find is the emotional subtext that is present in KM. However what might surprise you is the clarity that the film maker provides for all the chaos in the film in a great climax.

MrJudge
14th June 2008, 05:39 PM

Oh Offcourse!!
It was remade by Cameron Crowe as Vanilla Sky *ing Tom Cruise.

What you will not find is the emotional subtext that is present in KM. However what might surprise you is the clarity that the film maker provides for all the chaos in the film in a great climax.

I have seen vanilla sky, yes, it was one good movie. Open your eyes Vanilla Sky-oda originala? seen VS long time back.

thanks anyway.

njv
15th June 2008, 01:03 AM
Interesting link

http://sectionz.com/detail.asp?rType=mp3&SZID=23186

kameshratnam
15th June 2008, 10:30 AM
@ Above

Its Eramana Rojave Song : Instrument Piano Version

Enna Koduma Saravanan idu

k_vanan
18th June 2008, 02:54 PM
After Marmayogi kamal going to start "Mardhunayagam" is that kamal still stick with IR to score music ?

http://sify.com/movies/telugu/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hcategory=13733819&hgallery=14697088

Sanjeevi
18th June 2008, 09:54 PM
After Marmayogi kamal going to start "Mardhunayagam" is that kamal still stick with IR to score music ?

http://sify.com/movies/telugu/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hcategory=13733819&hgallery=14697088

If MN will be filmed IR will be MD

sgmsin
19th June 2008, 03:33 PM
I think kamal will work with ilayaraj for marmayogi, He is going to direct that movie. More over he is seeking producer for that movie.

app_engine
19th June 2008, 09:19 PM
http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2008/jun/16sssatish.htm

The 'HOPE' director says his next project will be musical (and will be dedicated to K Viswanath & IR)...does he mean it will have music by someone else?

K
20th June 2008, 02:27 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/06/19-illayaraaja-visits-shooting-spot-of-jaganmohini.html

krish244
20th June 2008, 03:19 PM
This article lists "Ek Dafa Ek jungle tha" (Sadma) as one of the unique songs (of hindi film music probably):

http://www.screenindia.com/news/One-of-a-kind/324901/

It also mentions title song of "Hey! Ram"

thanks,

Krishnan

kj
20th June 2008, 03:37 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/06/20/stories/2008062051210400.htm

irir123
20th June 2008, 05:54 PM
[tscii:e66cf819fb]"VSN also remembers assisting Ilaiyaraja in transcribing his symphony for the London Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, without quite realising its aural impact. “I was stunned when I heard it played.”"

sigh - wont we ever get to listen to that work at all ?? damn tat idiot critic who was insensitive enuf to trash such a monumental work[/tscii:e66cf819fb]

NormalMan
20th June 2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/06/20/stories/2008062051210400.htm

Why did VSN leave IR? I feel Violin has taken a back stage in all of IR's recent compositions. Even if you listen to Uliyin Oosai, vennai dominates most of the interludes and no solo violin pieces.

MrJudge
20th June 2008, 06:29 PM
VSN left IR 3 years ago? :shock:

app_engine
20th June 2008, 07:08 PM
At least this interview with VSN should seal all questions about whether there was a symphony at all:-) At this point of time, VSN obviously has no need to talk about this if it was non-existent (as some used to claim in tfmpage:-))

app_engine
20th June 2008, 09:34 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=420032&disdate=6/20/2008

Excellent recap of moondRAm piRai by BM.

app_engine
21st June 2008, 12:17 AM
Interesting observations (in the "why I love this movie - hate that movie" section in Friday Hindu's Cinema Plus):

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/06/20/stories/2008062050110400.htm
The movie I hate is Rajapaarvai. I am a film student and remember what my lecturer told me on the first day of my course. He said we are all cursed, we will never be able to appreciate a film the way we used to because we will only be looking at the shots, the cinematography, the mise en scene, the lighting and the continuity and that we’ll never be able to appreciate a movie as it is. One movie that broke this curse was Rajapaarvai. But I hate it because it made me cry. I’ve always wanted to direct and act and I always keep an eye out for transitions. Rajapaarvai had beautiful transitions that any filmmaker would envy. And how can you forget a blind Kamal Haasan so beautifully describe a girl in that song ‘Azhage azhagu devadai’ and Madhavi will actually draw everything he says. When he says ‘Koondhal vannam megam pola,’ she draws a cloud. She draws a ‘kelvi kuri,’ a question mark for the ears, and the end product is really funny — what a beautiful mix of romance, reality and humour!

app_engine
21st June 2008, 02:30 AM
Digression:

Digression for irir123:
Remember there was a discussion on quality of Thamizh movies, Mahendran's interview etc. I saw a malayALam movie last night, 'thoovAnath thumbikaL' by Padmarajan. Mohanlal-Parvathi-Sumalatha. Not IR's music but Raveendran. However, I know IR has a very high regard for Padmarajan and same with many people who love good cinema...If you haven't watched this before, please, please go grab & watch (without children)...close to defining a good movie, IMHO...I won't tell anything about the movie now...don't want to spoil the viewing pleasure...If you've watched earlier or after you watch, we can probably talk about it...
End-digression

Long back I posted the above for irir123, hey there's an article today in The Hindu that reminded this wonderful movie 'thoovAnaththumbikaL':
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/06/20/stories/2008062050310200.htm

irir123, did you get a chance to see this?

End-digression

rajasaranam
21st June 2008, 03:51 PM
Rasigargal innum ethirpaarpudan irupathaaga
solvathellam romba over :P
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/june/170608b.asp

kameshratnam
22nd June 2008, 07:00 PM
I saw koozhi koovathu movie...oh my god..wat bgms..superb and that too the 20 mins before the song...wow.out of the world..etho mogam than fulla

raja_fan
23rd June 2008, 01:56 PM
Kameshratnam,

Did you notice the BGM in the scene where the village innocent girl Bindu Ghosh lets loose the white cloth in her hand and it starts flying in the air ? :)
It is an amazing romantic kind of violin piece by Raja for a funny situation.

kameshratnam
23rd June 2008, 02:46 PM
Yes. I did hear it and still the humming by IR "than da naane naa" is humming in my ears...super music

rajasaranam
23rd June 2008, 07:32 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2008/06/23/tn-cm-solemnises-vairamuthus-son-marriage.html
திருமணத்துக்கு இசையமைப்பாளரும் வைரமுத்துவை தமிழ் திரையுலகுக்கு அறிமுகம் செய்து வைத்தவருமான இளையராஜா வருவார் என காலையிருந்தே பரபரப்பாகப் பேசிக் கொண்டனர். ஆனால் அவருக்குப் பதில் அவரது மனைவி ஜீவா வந்திருந்து மணமக்களை வாழ்த்தினார். :)

Plum
23rd June 2008, 07:33 PM
Who is that guy who wrote about Rajaparvai?

app_engine
26th June 2008, 09:16 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=421433&disdate=6/26/2008

This mentions about IR / SPB getting NA for sAgara sangamam.

raja_fan
27th June 2008, 08:38 AM
TV compere Boskky explains how he became the fan of IR..

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/06/27/stories/2008062750120400.htm

rajasaranam
28th June 2008, 09:25 AM
Pa.Vijay :x
http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/illayaraja-decides-not-to-compose-for-pa-vijays-lyrics/

kameshratnam
28th June 2008, 10:53 AM
Pa Vijay will now write in his book..u went and i met and then seperated and then started traveling in different directions and today our joining together is impossible

Sanjeevi
1st July 2008, 09:42 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/39565.html

Sanjeevi
1st July 2008, 09:43 AM
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Jaganmohini_Grander_than_the_original_16493.html

app_engine
1st July 2008, 07:34 PM
From kuchElan thread, about the audio launch function:

It was pretty funny to see Rahman addressing GVP as avan, ivan :lol: I mean you won't see that happening in any of the functions - that too this one was an audio release.

Rajini said they thought of approaching raja first (don't know if they really did and got denied). Went on to say that GVP is like a mix of Raja and Rahman. When he first saw GVP, he did not know who that little kid was and after about an hour or something, he asked,
ennapA photo eduthukkanumA?
GVP: aamaa sir.
Rajini: cameraman konjam inga vaappaa, thambiyOda oru photo.
Vasu: Sir, sir, ivaru dhAn sir GVP

:lol: :rotfl:

I don't know how long people'll keep telling "we first thought of IR but then..." :-)

buggle
1st July 2008, 07:47 PM
Same news here
http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/july/010708.asp

If RK really wanted to go with IR why can't he move forward, i don't think P.Vasu will resist for that...maybe due to Kavithalaya banner??
As A_E said, don't know how long they going to tell the old story..want to go with IR and blah blah blah

app_engine
1st July 2008, 08:06 PM
The interesting part is this confession coming from the other side (that too someone like RK at his current position of advantage).

Earlier there was some scepticism when IR said "they approached me and I said no" (for some other films), looks like that statement is ratified now.

Vkrish
2nd July 2008, 02:33 AM
Casually youtubed and struck with a old rare gem ... amazing rajaish interludes...
i havent heard this song bfor .. but the simple tune is instantly catchy ... any info abt this song? :)

Vkrish
2nd July 2008, 02:34 AM
and here is the link...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ySqBh0jzIC0

irir123
2nd July 2008, 03:50 AM
The interesting part is this confession coming from the other side (that too someone like RK at his current position of advantage).

Earlier there was some scepticism when IR said "they approached me and I said no" (for some other films), looks like that statement is ratified now.

i dont quite understand wat u r trying to say!

rajasaranam
2nd July 2008, 03:51 AM
VKrish,

The song is from 'Anbe Odi Vaa' its has few more great songs like 'Azhagaana Pookal' 'Kathil Kaetathu' and 'Ithalil Amudham' Vintage Raaja Album :)

rajasaranam
2nd July 2008, 03:57 AM

Earlier when Raaja gave an interview in Ju.Vi. claming that, Rajini also approached him to compose music for few films but he refused. then and further dwon the line whever the issue of will IR compose for Rajini movie came up, There was a strong denial from Rajini fans that IR was never approached by Rajini in last 15 years.
While this talk by Rajini is quiet open about telling that 'Yes He thought of IR' He cannot anyway say that "Saami Othukala athaan GVP vechu Pannom" :)
A_E ithaan solraarnnu nenaikiraen

ananth222
2nd July 2008, 04:01 AM
and here is the link...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ySqBh0jzIC0
cool! the rest of the songs in the movie are here:
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00037.html
great vintage IR stuff.. the songs are in cooltoad (search for "anbe oodi vaa")

irir123
2nd July 2008, 04:32 AM

Earlier when Raaja gave an interview in Ju.Vi. claming that, Rajini also approached him to compose music for few films but he refused. then and further dwon the line whever the issue of will IR compose for Rajini movie came up, There was a strong denial from Rajini fans that IR was never approached by Rajini in last 15 years.
While this talk by Rajini is quiet open about telling that 'Yes He thought of IR' He cannot anyway say that "Saami Othukala athaan GVP vechu Pannom" :)

I think its the Kavithalaya banner that made IR refuse the film! each one to his own! its just one of IR's eccentricities that he sticks to his stand howsoever impractical they might appear to be!

raja_fan
2nd July 2008, 03:29 PM
any news on Ameer's Kannapiran ?

app_engine
2nd July 2008, 05:53 PM
irir123,
Like rs clarified, my post was just to highlight that IR wasn't making a false claim that people approached him and he denied. (RK who currently has a great say in selection of technicians for his film has at least declared that he thought of IR for kuchElan; so there's a strong possibility that IR was approached for bAtsha and the like earlier).

MrJudge
2nd July 2008, 06:04 PM
any news on Ameer's Kannapiran ?

Ameer has to finish his Yogi first and then Kannapiran will be started. I think the movie will be coming out in the second half of 2009.

kameshratnam
2nd July 2008, 07:12 PM
Comparing G V Prakash to IR.... :cry: :cry:

app_engine
2nd July 2008, 07:43 PM
Comparing G V Prakash to IR.... :cry: :cry:

Is it not interesting that IR gets compared with everyone starting from Symphony composers - carnatic raga architects and the likes to SD/Iman and the likes PLUS everyone in-between?:-)

rooky
2nd July 2008, 09:21 PM
Pazhutha maramthaan kalladi padum

raja_fan
2nd July 2008, 10:16 PM
Don't worry.
RK is not comparing GVP with IR.
He is just encouraging a small boy to achieve like IR..

app_engine
2nd July 2008, 10:32 PM
Don't worry.
RK is not comparing GVP with IR.
He is just encouraging a small boy to achieve like IR..

I don't think so. Remember it's not a project launch function but a CD release function, so where is the question of asking someone to come up with IR'like stuff?

Didn't RK mention something like "I thought of IR initially, but then heard veyyil CD and decided that here we have this GVP who is a kalavai of IR & ARR, so hired him"? IMO, by dragging IR's name here what RK probably wants to convey is something like "TF field doesn't need the likes of IR anymore (or even ARR unless it's a mega sized project like sivAji or Robot) as people can do with the likes of GVP". If this is not comparison, then what is?

app_engine
2nd July 2008, 10:58 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=422530&disdate=7/2/2008

When reading the above article, this thought came to my mind which kind of explains to me why there is so much of "anti-IR-celeb" group in TF. That is when I saw the list of songs for 'pEr solla oru piLLai' - AVM, Kamal combo still no great songs. Average or may be below. That is IR, perhaps at the same time period some Ramarajan movie got sour-stirring greats.
Yes, he was never over-awed by the star/ prod house etc IMO, தனக்கு என்ன வருகிறதோ அதை அப்படியே தருவார் - முரண்டு பிடித்துக்கேட்டால் வேறு கிடைக்கலாம்- இல்லாவிட்டால் அவ்வளவு தான். (The last example for a big star a listless, IMO, MX). While not openly talking back to IR, each biggie who distanced himself from IR would have thought "why nothing special to me when some T-D-H gets that extraordinary number, this fellow thinks too much about himself - I'm actually much bigger than him".

In a function no way connected to IR, where his rival (ok, now the one who replaced him for top spot) and his nephew are glorified, again in the presence of some of the chief engineers of IR's replacement efforts (KB / RK) , what else could be the motivation to drag IR's name? So much of pazhaya erichchal, IMO.

Sanjeevi
2nd July 2008, 11:11 PM
I think Rajini missed what happened between two lines he spoken 1. Ilaiyaraja came to my mind suddently 2. We booked GVP after Shankar's feedback.

Moreover it is too much to say GVP gives mixture music of brands IR & ARR.

I didn't listen Kuselan and want to search the proof for IR+ARR stuff in Kuselan

app_engine
2nd July 2008, 11:21 PM
Either there are still people (like some reporters) who keep asking Kamal-RK as to why they don't use IR for their latest project or there is some other compelling reason (say a very recent irritable incident with IR) why they drag IR's name in interviews / public functions. Interestingly, IR does not give that much interviews or talk in functions anything about stars - அவர் பாட்டுக்கு ஜெயகாந்தன் டாக்குமெண்டரி, ஜெகன்மோகினி'ன்னு இருக்கிறார். Still others won't leave him.

In many years, I have only seen the dinathanthi varalAru & the ju-vi reply to PeriyAr controversy. Other than that he probably tries to be non-controversial (retirement age even per U.S. standards:-) )

Sanjeevi
2nd July 2008, 11:25 PM
Athanae............

Vkrish
3rd July 2008, 12:58 AM
"" Moreover it is too much to say GVP gives mixture music of brands IR & ARR """.

GVP would have hardly tuned for 4 to 5 films...
but it is rediculous to compare with biggies IR & ARR who set trends when they stormed
into TFM.

it's also a pity to note that this upcoming artist resorts to cheap blatant lifts and fruityloop beats at his very beginning of his career

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ER9mwuGCpU
see this beautifully picturized urban's song..

and watch out for our GVP version here...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wVuOOgSLIwI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yZX7iA9Y1sI ... smack that..

polladhavan version here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GsZv5IY00OU

sudhakarg
3rd July 2008, 10:23 AM
I think its the Kavithalaya banner that made IR refuse the film! each one to his own! its just one of IR's eccentricities that he sticks to his stand howsoever impractical they might appear to be!

In Kavithalaya's case, I'm not quite sure if we can call Raja's stance as "eccentric". In one of the interviews (post-Periyaar controversy) IR explained that Kavithalaya used some of IR's old rerecordings/songs as BGM in a film where IR was not the MD. and IR was very upset about that. He never did Kavithalaya films later.

In my opinion, lack of clearly defined laws in copyrights caused this fallout.

kameshratnam
3rd July 2008, 12:39 PM
Rajni is not very well versed in music and also for himesh's music he said something related to msv and not ir.

Rajini is a guy who had asked Honey Voiced deva to sing for Autokaran originally but a sensible deva backed off...Adunala Rajiniya free vidunga..he is always confused.

nanchil_guy
3rd July 2008, 01:04 PM
This has been goin on for 2 decades, IR stopped accepting interviews, coming to limelight way back in early 80's. since then there were/are many controversies involving him, many people criticized him , but he never answered anyone.

For that matter he never castigated the persons who part away from, but the reverse is not true.The people who part away from IR were/are always draggin him somehow to something.

In case of RK, it is pure business, even in the recent RK selvamani's intw you can get this info.there is no rift between RK and IR. The KB episode happened coz, as explained by fellow hubber, that kavaitha production manager used some of IR's early work as BGM for the movie Pudu pudu arthangal without his approval, even after IR assured him that he would complete BGM ASAP.

I still dont know what caused MR and BR to parted way with IR and made them promoting other MD's as aggresively as they did in mid-late 90's.

But there is/was no question on IR/KH combo, but KH from late 90's is going with choice of Dir/Producer in decinding the technicians, you can see that starting from KSR to Goutham menon.If it is his home production , he will opt for IR anyway.So there is no problem here.

But for the last 15-17 years of watchin IR i know one sure thing about him is that once he made a decision , he stick with it, he never reconsider it for anyone.And he never bad mouthed about anyone who are having problems with him but it is actually the opposite, thats what irritating me.

raja_fan
3rd July 2008, 01:11 PM
In Kavithalaya's case, I'm not quite sure if we can call Raja's stance as "eccentric". In one of the interviews (post-Periyaar controversy) IR explained that Kavithalaya used some of IR's old rerecordings/songs as BGM in a film where IR was not the MD. and IR was very upset about that. He never did Kavithalaya films later.

The story is like this.

KB pushed IR for finishing the re-recording of "Pudhu pudhu arthangal " fast for releasing the film fast.
IR was irritated by this and this created the rift.

So KB had to mix the BGM of his earlier films like "Punnagai Mannan", "Ek Duje Keliye" ( which was not by IR ) etc with PPA script. Thats why you will see "Maamaavukku kuduma" music for Janakaraj in PPA and the climax I think had some Hindi film BGM ( which I think was from Ek Duje Keliye ).

Then KB approached IR for his next film and sent Ananthu ( KB's assistant ). IR told Ananthu not to come again for any KB's film.

We still don't know what caused KB to push IR...Was it IR's busy schedule that caused some delay or was it KB's hurry..But nothing to blame KB for mixing some other music in PPA. What else can he do if a MD suddenly refuses to do the re-recording ?

raja_fan
3rd July 2008, 01:13 PM
One more version of the story also says that KB due to his inpatience mixed some music before IR could work and released the film, and this irritated IR and caused the rift.

jaiganes
3rd July 2008, 01:35 PM

Original katha parayum bol kondu vandhirundhaa raja potirupaar.
Idhu vasuvoda Katha kizhiyum bol. Indha padathukku srikanth Deva ve podhum Raja edhukku?

jaiganes
3rd July 2008, 01:43 PM

In my opinion, lack of clearly defined laws in copyrights caused this fallout.

in Pudhu Pudhu arthangal Re recording you can see this.
There would be phases of classic IR BGMs and then there would be shocking R.D.Burman - hindi BGM conspicuously in certain places - clearly reflecting some kind of fallout with KB in the process.
That film would not have run even 50 days without "Kalyaana maalai" IMO. The whole soul of the film is that song.

app_engine
3rd July 2008, 10:16 PM
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEE20080702014012&Page=E&Title=Startrek&Topic=0

From the above link:
================================================== ==============
GV= Rahman + Ilayaraja: Rajini

"I had decided to have Ilayaraja's music in Kuselan as it had been a long time since we worked together. But I listened to Veyyil and asked about GV Prakash to director Shankar. Shankar said GV was like Rahman. And here he is, with five fantastic tunes for Kuselan. When I met him on the sets, I thought he was a fan of mine who wouldn't budge even after I agreed to take a photo with him. I was irked that a boy would just stand by my side and the people around did nothing to shoo him off. Only then did someone introduce him as the music director. He is very good. Just that he, like his uncle, works only at night and calls us to the studio at unearthly hours. GV is actually Ilayaraja plus AR Rahman," Rajini added. The last time Rajini and Ilayaraja worked together was for Uzhaipaali, in 1993, directed by P Vasu.
================================================== ================

Was "veerA" after or before uzhaippALi?

rajasaranam
3rd July 2008, 10:48 PM
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEE20080702014012&Page=E&Title=Startrek&Topic=0

From the above link:
GV= Rahman + Ilayaraja: Rajini

"I had decided to have Ilayaraja's music in Kuselan as it had been a long time since we worked together. But I listened to Veyyil and asked about GV Prakash to director Shankar. Shankar said GV was like Rahman. And here he is, with five fantastic tunes for Kuselan. When I met him on the sets, I thought he was a fan of mine who wouldn't budge even after I agreed to take a photo with him. I was irked that a boy would just stand by my side and the people around did nothing to shoo him off. Only then did someone introduce him as the music director. He is very good. Just that he, like his uncle, works only at night and calls us to the studio at unearthly hours. GV is actually Ilayaraja plus AR Rahman," Rajini added. The last time Rajini and Ilayaraja worked together was for Uzhaipaali, in 1993, directed by P Vasu.

Was "veerA" after or before uzhaippALi?

Veera was After uzhaippALi

irir123
4th July 2008, 02:18 AM
Original katha parayum bol kondu vandhirundhaa raja potirupaar.
Idhu vasuvoda Katha kizhiyum bol. Indha padathukku srikanth Deva ve podhum Raja edhukku?

"katha kizhiyum pol"!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup: actually PVasu must be lucky to be still working with big names like Rajini! cant believe tat someone who took cinema sentiments to ridiculous heights in 'chinna thambi' is still around!!

irir123
4th July 2008, 02:22 AM

From the above link:
"GV is actually Ilayaraja plus AR Rahman," Rajini added.

this statement is in poor taste - but given that Rajini is renowned for making statements which even he would not understand if repeated to him, this can be excused

paavam Ilayaraja

raja_fan
4th July 2008, 08:35 AM
Almost every other week, some celebrity mentions about a film he likes with IR's music being a big plus ! :)

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/07/04/stories/2008070450090400.htm

MrJudge
4th July 2008, 08:40 AM
this statement is in poor taste - but given that Rajini is renowned for making statements which even he would not understand if repeated to him, this can be excused

paavam Ilayaraja

Not "paavam Ilayaraja". Paavam Rajni, avaraukku avvalu thaan music patththi theriyum pola :lol:

Nerd
4th July 2008, 08:46 AM
Some of the posts here are ridiculous! Rajini's comment as raja_fan (I think) put it was more of an encouragement to GVP, nothing else 8-)

Nerd
4th July 2008, 08:48 AM

paavam Ilayaraja

Not "paavam Ilayaraja". Paavam Rajni, avaraukku avvalu thaan music patththi theriyum pola :lol:
He has worked with IR for about 20 years. And you think you are a meesic expert :lol:

MrJudge
4th July 2008, 08:59 AM
And you think you are a meesic expert

I am not a meesic expert and am just a listener of music. I don't even know what is A B C of music.But I know what is IR's meesic, and others' meesic. Looks like Rajni is a meesic expert, after made that comment he proved it. :lol:

He has worked with IR for about 20 years.

That's even more bad, after working with him for 20 years, he still doesn't know what IR's music is.

Anyway if he wants to encourage GVP, he would have said "he is doing good for his age, I liked his veyyil, so gave this opportunity". But IR kalantha kalavai GVPnna, ennaththa solla. His statement is ridiculous.

Sanjeevi
4th July 2008, 09:02 AM
And you think you are a meesic expert

I am not a meesic expert and am just a listener of music. I don't even know what is A B C of music.But I know what is IR's meesic, and others' meesic. Looks like Rajni is a meesic expert, after made that comment he proved it. :lol:

He has worked with IR for about 20 years.

That's even more bad, after working with him for 20 years, he still doesn't know what IR's music is.

Anyway if he wants to encourage GVP, he would have said "he is doing good for his age, I liked his veyyil, so gave this opportunity". But IR kalantha kalavai GVPnna, ennaththa solla. His statement is ridiculous.

:rotfl: irunthalum ithu konjam over than

Nerd
4th July 2008, 09:08 AM
May be you are unaware of sayings like,
Son, you are the best (The son must have finished high school with flying colors)
You are the best woman have ever met (To an umpteenth date)

These are just to please people or encourage them, obviously you would raise them sky-high to make them feel better. Rajini never fails to praise people, in TPM's launch he used hats-off a number of times, just to please/encourage the people associated with it, which is NOT a bad thing at all!

If people think that he has insulted IR all I can do is ROTFL!

raja_fan
4th July 2008, 09:09 AM
Ada vidungappaa !

Rajni enna thiruvalluvaraa ? Avarudaiya pechai poi perisaa eduthikittu...
Just see him as an actor and businessman..
avaru arasiyal patthi pesinadhellaam ippo makkal marakkaliyaa..forget this also :)