PDA

View Full Version : IR News and Other Titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

MrJudge
4th July 2008, 09:16 AM
If people think that he has insulted IR all I can do is ROTFL!

I don't think he insulted IR at all, his statement sounds silly and funny because that shows his ignorance :D

raja_fan
4th July 2008, 09:22 AM
IR is not the MD for Mamooty starrer "Kuuty Sranku" as reported earlier.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/malayalam/2929/

jaiganes
4th July 2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEE20080702014012&Page=E&Title=Startrek&Topic=0

From the above link:
================================================== ==============
"GV is actually Ilayaraja plus AR Rahman," Rajini added.
================================================== ================

this statement is in poor taste - but given that Rajini is renowned for making statements which even he would not understand if repeated to him, this can be excused

paavam Ilayaraja

The old man has gone senile. it is as simple as that.
I can also introduce chimpu as Kamal + Rajini. then he will understand whom he is insulting.

sudhakarg
4th July 2008, 01:58 PM
Ada vidungappaa !

Rajni enna thiruvalluvaraa ? Avarudaiya pechai poi perisaa eduthikittu...
Just see him as an actor and businessman..
avaru arasiyal patthi pesinadhellaam ippo makkal marakkaliyaa..forget this also :)

Excellent timing in that one Raja_fan. Truly enjoyed the post :D

MrJudge
4th July 2008, 02:09 PM
Ada vidungappaa !

Rajni enna thiruvalluvaraa ? Avarudaiya pechai poi perisaa eduthikittu...
Just see him as an actor and businessman..
avaru arasiyal patthi pesinadhellaam ippo makkal marakkaliyaa..forget this also :)

ithellam film industryla saathaaranamappa (gounder sytle) :lol:

kameshratnam
4th July 2008, 02:41 PM
I can also introduce chimpu as Kamal + Rajini. then he will understand whom he is insulting.

Good one ROFL

irir123
4th July 2008, 08:54 PM

Going by the way he has always been making statements right from the time he had some plans of entering politics, senility has stayed with him! senility in his case, has nothing to do with age - he has been that way for long!

Nerd
4th July 2008, 09:11 PM
Looks like Rajini-bashing has more posts than IR-related posts in the past few pages, aint there anything to discuss about IR anymore??

irir123
4th July 2008, 09:26 PM
Nerd - if someone had not brought to this thread what Rajini mentioned about IR and GVP, then noone wud have even thot of commenting on Rajini's comments etc etc!

jaiganes
4th July 2008, 09:59 PM
Looks like Rajini-bashing has more posts than IR-related posts in the past few pages, aint there anything to discuss about IR anymore??
kanna !
neenga veera title music IR sodhappitarnu andha threadla pesinappave naanga paanju irukkanum. Aana comparisonla deva, sabesh murali, 'he he' music appdinnu aarambicheenga. sari andha alavukku level koranja discussionla kalai vekka koodadhunnu vitutaen.
ippo naan sonna point yosichu paarunga.
Chimpu - sari venam,
vijaya chiranjeevinnu oru pudhu ero vandhu irukaaru.
avarai ivaru dhaan Kamal+IR+Goundamani+sendhil appadinnu yaaravahu sonneenganna - 100 la pathu paeravadhu 'paayum puli' aaga maatteenga?
adhu pola thaan idhuvum.
mothathula ARR thiramayum puriyalai, IR perumayum puriyalai. cassette vikkanumna edhayum sollakoodaadhu - adhu superstar aanalum sari - Loka naayakudu aanalum sari.

Nerd
4th July 2008, 10:07 PM
The comprehension abilities of you'll are worth fifty thousand R O T F L s

This is what Rajini said, "Excellent music pOttirukkAru, like combination of Ilayaraja and A R Rahman"

Which means,

His style of music (??) inherits rAjA and rahman. Of course its like some ajith rasigargaL saying that ajith is a combination of Kamal and Rajini and like few Gowtham menon rasigargaL saying that he is a combination of Mani Ratnam and whatever.

Which means,
they have inhertied their style from the greats. This does not mean that they are better than them (meaning a combination of two greats)

sabbaaaa...

P.S. I don't have to explain to you'll how big a rAjA fan I am !!

Nerd
4th July 2008, 10:09 PM
And GVP does not even deserve such a comment is another issue like how I don't feel good about GM fans praising him. But I have learnt to live with that, I don't drag GM's public/personal life or what he said 45 years back 8-)

jaiganes
4th July 2008, 10:15 PM
The comprehension abilities of you'll are worth fifty thousand R O T F L s

This is what Rajini said, "Excellent music pOttirukkAru, like combination of Ilayaraja and A R Rahman"

Which means,

His style of music (??) inherits rAjA and rahman. Of course its like some ajith rasigargaL saying that ajith is a combination of Kamal and Rajini and like few Gowtham menon rasigargaL saying that he is a combination of Mani Ratnam and whatever.

Which means,
they have inhertied their style from the greats. This does not mean that they are better than them (meaning a combination of two greats)

sabbaaaa...

P.S. I don't have to explain to you'll how big a rAjA fan I am !!

Appadiyaa? nesamaava?
IR paadhi Rahmaan paadhi kalandhu seidha kalavai ivar apdinnu yaro sonnangale.
appadi sollaliya?
hmm. edho hallucination irukkum bola...
ennamo onu solradhum thelivaa solapadaadhu?
comprehension test vechu pass panravan dhaan purinjukkanumgara alavukku sonna eppdi boss?

MADDY
5th July 2008, 01:09 AM
In ARR's latest interview to Kumudam (july edition):

Q :- in Ilayaraja 's music, which one has influenced you ? - R. Ramesh, Madurai

ARR :- How to name it ( ARR replies in English )

MrJudge
5th July 2008, 08:18 AM
In ARR's latest interview to Kumudam (july edition):

Q :- in Ilayaraja 's music, which one has influenced you ? - R. Ramesh, Madurai

ARR :- How to name it ( ARR replies in English )

avarayum enpa ullukkulla inga izhukkura? Rajni oruththar prachchanaiye innum inga mudiayla

raja_fan
5th July 2008, 08:34 AM
Adhu enna..bracket-la special-aa "ARR replies in English" ? Puriyalai :confused2:

"Eppadi peyar vaippadhu"-nu thamizhlayaa solla mudiyum ??

Disclaimer : Idhanaal varum endha sandaikkum naan poruppalla :)

MADDY
5th July 2008, 01:41 PM
Adhu enna..bracket-la special-aa "ARR replies in English" ? Puriyalai :confused2:

"Eppadi peyar vaippadhu"-nu thamizhlayaa solla mudiyum ??

Disclaimer : Idhanaal varum endha sandaikkum naan poruppalla :)

:lol: ....i knew i knew........ofcourse, he has answered - "dunno wat to answer" and not "how to name it" for another question in the same interview....nambungappa :)

selvakumar
5th July 2008, 02:28 PM
Of course its like some ajith rasigargaL saying that ajith is a combination of Kamal and Rajini and like few Gowtham menon rasigargaL saying that he is a combination of Mani Ratnam and whatever.

Which means,

<dig> Don't know. But just replying to this since you brought 'Ajith fans' here. Since rajini is involved in the discussion, you could have very well said that it is just like rajini fans who think him as a combination of James Bond + Arnold + Mahatma Gandhi + Raghvendra + Bruce Lee + Amitabh. It can also give the meaning that rajini fans just see him as a person who 'inherited the styles from all these greats' and not that he is better than them.

Also, few ajith fans thinking him as a combination of rajinii + kamal itself is something that should be condemned. It shouldn't be encouraged. Same way, Rajini's comments should not be encouraged :)

Appuram intha 'style' ellam inherit panni iruntha ajith oda success vera maari vanthirukkum (like rajini's son-in-law). ippadi kasta pattu irukka maattar :) </dig>

kameshratnam
5th July 2008, 04:49 PM
Shri R K does not have control over his speech. I remember once he gave speech against a party and he started as Patali Machi :lol: :lol: :lol: instead of Makkal ..so adunala avara freeaga viduvom
Remember what he said during the TIS audio launch: R K said IR and i have not worked together for long but still our frienship is strong....
Avar firstu Hare Rama Hare Krishna la irundar...appalla he came to Sri Raghavendrar and then he went to Satya Sai baba and now to sri babaji....
Pavam :?

Hulkster
5th July 2008, 04:55 PM
Come on guys be sensible instead of mocking stuff like that. Rajini loves to hold everyone in high esteem without degrading anyone and i can understand why he said that about GV Prakash.

Anyway that news is totally irrelevant to IR. Focus on something else please instead of lengthening a nonsensical and unwanted discussion. I think the opposite always happens doesn't it. Rajini and Kamal still appreciate IR and are friends but the fans love to make all sort of ridiculous stories out of media speculations.

BTW What happened to Mallepuvvu? it was supposed to release this week.

Waterloo
5th July 2008, 05:17 PM
[tscii:9fda58789e]Raja Fans better stop ridiculing RK / KH . Raja’s market value is below average today. Cinema is business proposition. Big stars will target big MDs only. All entry level directors may associate with Raja today becaz he will be available at a lesser price. Once they grow, they vil also move to bigger names. And nor Raja has the today’s stuff like the music of Shivaji or even scores of Yuvan. Be courageous to absorb facts.
This forum has moderators no ? what are they doing now . silently enjoying screaming posts of Raja fans ? Who is the Moderator for these pages ?[/tscii:9fda58789e]

Hulkster
5th July 2008, 05:26 PM
[tscii:1d62f27a5d]Raja Fans better stop ridiculing RK / KH . Raja’s market value is below average today. Cinema is business proposition. Big stars will target big MDs only. All entry level directors may associate with Raja today becaz he will be available at a lesser price. Once they grow, they vil also move to bigger names. And nor Raja has the today’s stuff like the music of Shivaji or even scores of Yuvan. Be courageous to absorb facts.
This forum has moderators no ? what are they doing now . silently enjoying screaming posts of Raja fans ? Who is the Moderator for these pages ?[/tscii:1d62f27a5d]

Yow eppo thaan sandaiyae vendaam nu sollittu vanthirukken eppo IR patri eppadi oru comment kodukkurenge. Seekiram delete pennenge ellei na ranakalama maarida poguthu :banghead:

crvenky
5th July 2008, 05:32 PM
Maestro's flag is flying high:

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/july/050708.asp

MrJudge
5th July 2008, 05:53 PM
Maestro's flag is flying high:

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/july/050708.asp

OMG, I couldn't believe what I was reading. I was thinking after reading UO positive feedbacks, Raja will be back to his game. This news confirms it. Come on Raja, show them who you are. :bluejump:

irir123
5th July 2008, 06:16 PM
that page doesnot open for me - can someone post/translate the contents here pls ? thx

MrJudge
5th July 2008, 08:42 PM
that page doesnot open for me - can someone post/translate the contents here pls ? thx

I read it fast and here is the excerpt:

After long time, IR is busy with 18 movies now. He has movies in Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil. Usually he doesn't go any remote locations for composing but now he is in Kerala in a floating house and composing songs for a movie.

MrJudge
5th July 2008, 08:42 PM
I believe IR is a workaholic guy. He can't sit and compose for 3 or 4 movies per year and chisel them inch by inch. That is not his style, that's what he has been doing, doing very few movies and not signing up movies. He needs to compose as many movies as possible to get his true potential since music comes to him naturally. Appadiye IR mattum konjam manasu vachchu goes back to his "manual orchestra", the rest will click automatically.

Sanjeevi
5th July 2008, 10:27 PM
Naan Kadavul (Bala) surely will has v.good songs. Nandalala (Myskkin) songs too won't disppoint us. I think there are chances for Raja.

Anyway Netru illa Nalai illa eppavum Raaja :thumbsup:

MrJudge
6th July 2008, 10:21 AM
Guys,

In Subramaniapuram, 'siru ponmani asaiyum' song has been used in background. When the song comes in, summa claps saththam parakkuthu theatrela and jivvnu irukku. One of my all time favorites of IR's songs. :D

raja_fan
6th July 2008, 10:52 AM
MrJudge,

Does the song itself comes or instrumental of the song ?

Why are they using that song ? Just curious !

venky_vinod
6th July 2008, 01:45 PM
irir123,
Like rs clarified, my post was just to highlight that IR wasn't making a false claim that people approached him and he denied. (RK who currently has a great say in selection of technicians for his film has at least declared that he thought of IR for kuchElan; so there's a strong possibility that IR was approached for bAtsha and the like earlier).

If you recall, in one 'Veera' (music or movie) function, Rajini said that IR does special music for some people like Panchu Arunaachalam. I could connect it with the ending of the song "Maadathile" in 'Veera' - the audio will have a normal ending with a beat - whereas the movie it ends with a set of soft percussions with a closing string / chord flow (the scene ends with Rajini on an 'Oonjal', etc.). It was mentioned at that point of time that IR finished composing that song, then called the director again (the next day or later) and improvised the ending of the song.

Just before 'Veera', Rajini's home production 'Valli' had IR scoring for the movie, even Latha singing a song. And think of Rajini making a comment in 'Veera' function hinting at a kind of partiality IR has. Probably this annoyed IR. Since then, IR and Rajini have not worked together - otherwise you can see that 'Veera' and 'Baasha' had the same crew. And subsequent Rajini movies like 'Arunachalam', 'Baba' and 'Chandramukhi' had subjects which would give ample scope for Raaja to enhance the impact.

This is my opinion and inference out of the news items I read around that time.

P.S. : Another sad fact is that Kamal is also citing various compulsions - Director / Producer, etc. - to justify his using other MDs instead of Raaja - it is purely business. When it comes to their survival and success, these stars tend to opt for other MDs for apparent 'Saleability' - this only means that they are less confident of themselves and IR, when compared to Balki.

venky_vinod
6th July 2008, 01:46 PM
Appadiye IR mattum konjam manasu vachchu goes back to his "manual orchestra",

Aahaaa !!!!!!!!!

MrJudge
6th July 2008, 10:18 PM
MrJudge,

Does the song itself comes or instrumental of the song ?

Why are they using that song ? Just curious !

The original song itself is used. The character Azhagar falls in love with a girl and he tells his friend Paraman about their love. They usually hangout in a Radios shop which is located just opposite of her house. While both guys were talking, the radio shop guy plays this song in his record player. The story happens in the 80s, so they used this song.

MrJudge
6th July 2008, 10:18 PM
Appadiye IR mattum konjam manasu vachchu goes back to his "manual orchestra",

Aahaaa !!!!!!!!!

I hope our waiting game will be over pretty soon! yeeeeee!!

rajasaranam
6th July 2008, 11:07 PM
'உளியின் ஓசை'க்கு நிரம்பி வழியும் கூட்டம் :)
http://tamil.in.msn.com/entertainment/articles/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1547259

krish244
7th July 2008, 07:43 AM
It seems this company is selling background music from its library! Readymade BGM kaalam :)

http://www.livemint.com/2008/07/07001455/Pick-and-choose-the-background.html

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
8th July 2008, 10:25 PM
Mukhbiir is not a Raaja movie :( Its Karthick who is scoring BGM I think
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/movies/Mukhbiir/posters/slideshow-9935-35988.html
The director and producer have high hopes for the movie which can be deciphered from this news
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Media__Entertainment_/Entertainment/Money-back_offer_from_Mukhbiir_producer/rssarticleshow/3158434.cms

app_engine
9th July 2008, 12:57 AM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=423636&disdate=7/7/2008

IR'um comedy'um:-) And this article, as expected, fails to mention the best song (IMO) 'thoodhu selvadhAradi'...

licvskumar
9th July 2008, 03:04 PM
dear friends,

more positive review here this links:

http://sadukudu.com/new/2008/07/08/review-uliyin-osai-2/

http://www.chennaionline.com/Film/Moviereviews/July08/07article05.aspx

more music review

http://www.romefluteacademy.org/20080617/music-review-uliyin-osai/

enjoy

vskumar

raja_fan
10th July 2008, 09:54 AM
Another historical novel of MK going to be filmed...Will IR be roped in for this ??

http://www.hindu.com/2008/07/10/stories/2008071058170200.htm

licvskumar
10th July 2008, 10:20 AM
hai

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2008/07/09-prasanth-to-play-as-ponnar-sankar.html

god grace to this project.

MrJudge
10th July 2008, 10:40 AM
Another historical novel of MK going to be filmed...Will IR be roped in for this ??

http://www.hindu.com/2008/07/10/stories/2008071058170200.htm

ThiagarajanE directionA? yeppadi irukkumO theriyala.....:roll:

I heard that UO has very bad cheap art direction. Looks like music and script are the only two good things in the movie :(

raja_fan
11th July 2008, 06:50 AM
[tscii:01adf79e72]
"The Hindu" review of Subramaniyapuram.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/07/11/stories/2008071150100200.htm

From costume, hairstyle, ambience and popular music of the era, each has been meticulously taken care of. Beginning with Saroj Narayanaswami’s voice on AIR’s Tamil news bulletin and moving on to Ilaiyaraja’s magic that ruled the roost, everything (including the telephone instrument) is typical of the times!
[/tscii:01adf79e72]

:clap:

thumburu
11th July 2008, 02:13 PM
It would have been apt if only Raja had scored the music for "Subramanyapuram"

raja_fan
11th July 2008, 03:11 PM
Yes, appadiyaavadhu 80's style melody kedachirukkum !

rajasaranam
12th July 2008, 06:24 PM
Today Deccan Chronicle supplement has the AD for movie 'Dhanam'. "Ival Vilaimagal mattum alla Vilai mathikka mudiyatha kalamagalum Kooda".
I Hope we are in for another Classical treat like 'UO' :)

raja_fan
12th July 2008, 11:15 PM
I Hope we are in for another Classical treat like 'UO'

Any one who had a chance to see the trailer will lose hope :)

Hulkster
13th July 2008, 03:59 PM
I Hope we are in for another Classical treat like 'UO'

Any one who had a chance to see the trailer will lose hope :)

I remember UO Trailer was not appreciated as well. Ah forget the fans, everyone has so many opinions, lets just wait for the audio release instead of making hindsight views like a mystic.

raja_fan
14th July 2008, 01:19 PM
But if you expect Dhanam to be a classic, I can only laugh :)

On seeing the trailer, I can only think that it is yet another movie based on flesh show ( sathaiyai nambi innoru kathai ).

All this glorification like "Vilai mathikka mudiyatha kalamagalum kooda" are all crap !
Ippadi solli Raja-vai sammadhikka vaitthaaro ennavo..

littlemaster1982
17th July 2008, 11:11 AM
[tscii:d9692747d8]This is from an interview given to Asianet by Dennis Joseph, writer-director from the malayalam film industry.

Dennis Joseph made his debut in movie direction with the movie ADHARVAM starring Mammooty,Parvathy,Ganesh Kumar and Charuhaasan back in 1988.Silk Smitha played a very important role, one of the few with some substance in her entire career. It was produced by EERAALI,one of the big time producers in Kerala in the 80s.

“when I got the chance to do ADHARVAM the first decision made was music has to be from none other than Isaignani Ilaiyaraaja.I was his diehard fan and the supernatural theme of the movie begged for Maestro’s compositions. Off I went to Chennai and somehow managed to talk to Isaignani’s associate at Prasad Studio. The immediate answer was negative. I tried other sources including directors like I.V.Sasi and Joshi and at last got to meet him in person. Seeing that I was adamant and the project was real with superstar Mammooty’s presence I got a yes as answer. He was so busy then he hardly got time to talk with me. In between I was informed that Maestros price was Rs.500,000/-.My producer almost died of heart attack. His brand new Contessa car then cost around Rs.165,000/-.

I waited till evening 7pm and when the great man came out of the studio found me with tears in eyes. I told him my producers plight and he surprised me with a hearty laugh. He asked me how much was the charge usually paid to top notch Malayalam MDs.I had seen Shyam and Ravindran getting 10,000 to 15,000 rupees. I lied that it was around Rs.25,000/-.He said I will accept that. In a few days we recorded masterpieces like ‘Poovay Virinju’,’Puzhayorathil poo thoni’ immortalized by Smitha and my favorite naga song ‘Ambilikalayum’.The last tune was composed in less than 10 minutes. I was not quiet happy and sure about the tune and its outcome but when the track was recorded I was bowled away, it was just an authentic rustic kerala ‘navooru’ song.

The movie released and the songs were a rage. The movie did well too. The climax mayhem scenes were lifted to a new level with high quality background score and superior re-recording.

Isaignani never saw the Rs.25,000/- promised by my producer and he not even once bothered my producer asking for it.I met him after ADHARVAM a number of times and the it was just warm smiles and pats on the back,not a single word about the fee he never received.I haven’t heard him mentioning it in any interview or to someone I knew…amazing personality”

Got this in comments section of a blog.[/tscii:d9692747d8]

raja_fan
17th July 2008, 02:28 PM
Want to hear Yuvan's original voice ??

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00133.html

app_engine
18th July 2008, 02:35 AM
Moved some of the "unborn baby - TbI" related posts to the appropriate thread. Let that thread have the "exclusivity" rights:-) Please post other tid-bits here, thanks!

rajasaranam
18th July 2008, 08:16 PM
Want to hear Yuvan's original voice ??

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00133.html

This song (Comical Version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) is the current favourite of my 3 yr old son for past few months :) He keeps playing this song in repeat mode laughing out loud when 'Purrrr....' sound comes :D Other songs that are his favourite are 'Kaattil oru singakuttiyaam', 'Nari Kathai' and 'Twinkle Twinkle' from the unreleased movie TTLS.

crajkumar_be
18th July 2008, 08:21 PM
[tscii:5f4bb1f282]
In a few days we recorded masterpieces like ‘Poovay Virinju’,’Puzhayorathil poo thoni’ immortalized by Smitha and my favorite naga song ‘Ambilikalayum’.The last tune was composed in less than 10 minutes.

:shock: (pudhusu illa, irundhaalum 10 mins!!) :notworthy:

I was not quiet happy and sure about the tune and its outcome but when the track was recorded I was bowled away, it was just an authentic rustic kerala ‘navooru’ song.

8-)

The climax mayhem scenes were lifted to a new level with high quality background score and superior re-recording.

Adhu!

mikka nandri LM :thumbsup:[/tscii:5f4bb1f282]

crvenky
19th July 2008, 01:41 PM
Can somebody post the song or link for Ambilikalayum from Atharvam?

teja
20th July 2008, 03:24 AM
Ilayaraja, Singeetham Srinivasarao teamed up for the Telugu, Tamil bilingual "Tyagayya" !!!
http://www.andhrajyothy.com/cinema/cineshow.asp?qry=2008/jul/19cj3

Awesome!

teja
20th July 2008, 03:28 AM
And looks like IR signed up yet another telugu film:
http://www.andhrajyothy.com/cinema/cineshow.asp?qry=2008/jul/20cj2

It's a silent film, along the lines of Pushpak.
Andhra CM Y.Rajasekhar Reddy is acting in this film!

irir123
20th July 2008, 07:23 AM
Ilayaraja, Singeetham Srinivasarao signed up for the Telugu, Tamil bilingual "Tyagayya" !!!
http://www.andhrajyothy.com/cinema/cineshow.asp?qry=2008/jul/19cj3

Awesome!

Teja - is this movie about Saint Tyagayya ??!!

even if not, Singeetham-IR combo should work wonders!!

teja
20th July 2008, 09:54 AM
Teja - is this movie about Saint Tyagayya ??!!

even if not, Singeetham-IR combo should work wonders!!

Yes, it is about Saint Tyagaraja.
Should be a treat to our ears!

irir123
20th July 2008, 10:10 AM
and who is playing Tyagayya ??!! i hope its not Nagarjuna or Balakrishna - (

crvenky
20th July 2008, 11:14 AM
Teja, is it a silent movie or about St.Tyagaraja? I don't think it can be both.

licvskumar
20th July 2008, 12:45 PM
This link more news about IR new Telugu movie

http://www.idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/news285.html

crvenky
20th July 2008, 12:53 PM
Visu Films movie in progress
The latest film of Visu Films, starring Chief Minister Dr. YS Rajasekhar Reddy (as CM on the screen) and Brahmanandam in lead roles is finished to its shooting by 30% over a ten-day schedule. CC Reddy paid rich complement to YSR saying that he had acted on par with any senior most artistes in the industry. Maestro Ilayaraja scores music for this mookie, which is coming after Pushpaka Vimanam. Incidentally, it was the Maestro who was music director for that film. The title of the film would be announced soon. The next schedule will commence in August.

Wrong info. Maestro was not the MD for Pushpaka Vimanam. It was by L.Vaidyanathan. The news says this movie is coming after Pushpaka Vimanam. Does this mean its a silent movie?

So, Tyagayya (bilingual) is another movie of Maestro. Can somebody translate what is mentioned in Andhrajyothy site?

njv
20th July 2008, 01:36 PM
[quote]Wrong info. Maestro was not the MD for Pushpaka Vimanam. It was by L.Vaidyanathan. The news says this movie is coming after Pushpaka Vimanam. Does this mean its a silent movie?

Atleast in the title it says muscic by IR. So I will go with what the title says :) This may be another Kamal - LV fight that IR end up scoring music eventually.

licvskumar
20th July 2008, 01:51 PM
http://sivaram56.sulekha.com/blog/post/2008/05/ilaiyaraja-the-maestro.htm

Rajasaranam

crvenky
20th July 2008, 02:37 PM
njv,
I have the VCD of Pushpak. It says music by LV only.

crvenky
20th July 2008, 04:33 PM
There are several movies for free viewing in this site, including many Tamil & Telugu movies of Maestro (totally about 250 movies).

http://www.rajshri.com/tamil/movies/htm/1Rec.htm

Some are downloadable for $5.

Watch Kutti here:

http://www.rajshri.com/tamil/movies/nowplaying.asp?genre_id=moviesSocial158

teja
20th July 2008, 10:17 PM
So, Tyagayya (bilingual) is another movie of Maestro. Can somebody translate what is mentioned in Andhrajyothy site?

Mainly logistics. Music recording is in September. Film will be released on January 6th. Photography is by K. Ashok kumar. Produced by LalithaSri combines. (they produced the classic "Abhinandana" in the 80's)
No mention about the cast.

natha1729
20th July 2008, 10:33 PM
my response to rajasaranam' response to: http://sivaram56.sulekha.com/blog/post/2008/05/ilaiyaraja-the-maestro.htm

Rajasaranam

Raja is ingenious and the most prolific however, the strength of his tunes were flimsy. A great example is the Cheeni Kum songs that the writer thought was a great example of the greatness of Raja in Hindi.

For me while they sounded "okay" but magical in Tamil because of fantastic orchestration, all of the CK songs were boneless and spineless in Hindi, where the range of the language and the singers have never been exploited by Raja. Raja used unique intsrumental sounds to cover up the weakness of his tunes. Such things don't work in the hindi world, where Sadma flopped except for Yeh Zindagi song. He himself has admitted the case. MSV and other southern legends never needed to do that because of the absolute value of their tunes and they were never lacking in other departments as well except they preferred to "explore" and help preserve the beauty of native instruments.

I am very sorry to say but Raja is i think prejudiced about giving singers the limelight and also exploring the range. TMS was the greatest voice ever for me, because of the original geniuses like MSV & Mahadevan exploiting that range just like they did for KJJ & SPB. Look at how IR explored Lata' or Asha' voices in Tamil. They became like any other stupid southern female voice under IR, and sometimes shrieky like Janaki.

The selection of songs in this article speaks of the author' understanding of musical quality. All the songs the writer has chosen, while original, don't stand the test of time. However, in the intrumentation part, the spontaniety, the strangeness of his tunes and the infinite range of moods expressed, no one can come close to Raja, That is because he liked instruments better than voices, and already southern composers are unbeatable in interludes unlike the Hindi film music and he had that standard to rise up to. But in melodic quality, IR can never ever get there. Not that he could not, he just was too indulgent in the instrumentation of his ideas. What we need is a combination of an MSV & Raja, and ARR has got a different approach to melody and rhythm, which is the third face of Indian music. So, the future we should see a combination of Raja & ARR, with an more exploration of rhythms as defined by ARR and exploitation of Indian percussion as initiated by MSV and Salilda

jaiganes
21st July 2008, 01:51 AM
my response to rajasaranam' response to: http://sivaram56.sulekha.com/blog/post/2008/05/ilaiyaraja-the-maestro.htm

Rajasaranam

Raja is ingenious and the most prolific however, the strength of his tunes were flimsy. A great example is the Cheeni Kum songs that the writer thought was a great example of the greatness of Raja in Hindi.

For me while they sounded "okay" but magical in Tamil because of fantastic orchestration, all of the CK songs were boneless and spineless in Hindi, where the range of the language and the singers have never been exploited by Raja. Raja used unique intsrumental sounds to cover up the weakness of his tunes. Such things don't work in the hindi world, where Sadma flopped except for Yeh Zindagi song. He himself has admitted the case. MSV and other southern legends never needed to do that because of the absolute value of their tunes and they were never lacking in other departments as well except they preferred to "explore" and help preserve the beauty of native instruments.

I am very sorry to say but Raja is i think prejudiced about giving singers the limelight and also exploring the range. TMS was the greatest voice ever for me, because of the original geniuses like MSV & Mahadevan exploiting that range just like they did for KJJ & SPB. Look at how IR explored Lata' or Asha' voices in Tamil. They became like any other stupid southern female voice under IR, and sometimes shrieky like Janaki.

The selection of songs in this article speaks of the author' understanding of musical quality. All the songs the writer has chosen, while original, don't stand the test of time. However, in the intrumentation part, the spontaniety, the strangeness of his tunes and the infinite range of moods expressed, no one can come close to Raja, That is because he liked instruments better than voices, and already southern composers are unbeatable in interludes unlike the Hindi film music and he had that standard to rise up to. But in melodic quality, IR can never ever get there. Not that he could not, he just was too indulgent in the instrumentation of his ideas. What we need is a combination of an MSV & Raja, and ARR has got a different approach to melody and rhythm, which is the third face of Indian music. So, the future we should see a combination of Raja & ARR, with an more exploration of rhythms as defined by ARR and exploitation of Indian percussion as initiated by MSV and Salilda

I disagree with most of your points.
To blame raja and say that he never let the singers enjoy their limelight is absolute nonsense. If the singer has the caliber, he/she would stand out and attain the limelight like Chitra, S.Janaki, P.Suseela, SPB and KJY have done with raja's songs. Weaker singers, singers with bad pronunciation will occassionally do well, but generally sink in their inability to lift the song. to say that Raja is weak on melody is again borderline blasphemy - probably lack of thorough exposure to Raja's gems which are scattered in limitless numbers on the seashore. Each passing day reveals one old gem - hitherto un heard emerge from the net and amaze us in this time and age. Agreed that he does not add 264 additional tracks of music to 11 tracks of music and one track of singer's voice and that might make everyone think as to why his new songs sound jaded in the latest audio systems, but his aim is not that - He has enought talent and skill to fill even thousand tracks with all kinds of instruments - from sarangi - to kottaguchi violin - to cello to normal violin. Now his indifference to put in the same kind of effort on every crap film can be attributed to his age and 'boredom' - that should in no way bring down his glow to the level indicated in your post.

Hulkster
21st July 2008, 07:37 AM
The opinion that of natha seems to be that of personal preference so agreeing/disagreeing does not make much difference. If anyone would to do a in depth analysis of IR's 8000 plus songs one would know the amount of genres, experimentation that he has assaulted the general human being with.

realactivex
21st July 2008, 10:30 PM
Seems Ir's favorite male voice in hindi happens to be suresh wadkar.
This singer is particularly media shy and very choosy about his songs and therefore you dont get to see/hear much about him.

Saregama pa is a zee tv singers contest and he along with sonu nigam were the judges for the series.

When one of the singers sang "Aye zindagi gale lagaa le" from movie sadma.. 9which is the tamil equivalent of the poongatru song in moondram pirai). suresh wadkar was taken to tears in emotion and he told the audience in nostalgia that when this song was being recorded in filmcity studios, all the big and mighty from bollywood were present for the recording.
This song take was okayed very fast and the elite audience were so spellbound by the musical wizardy that there was a thunderous appluase for IR for nearly 5 minutes. Suresh then added that it was very uncommon for the bombay musicians to applaud a music director.. and therein, he said, was IR's greatness.

NormalMan
22nd July 2008, 12:30 AM
http://saregamapashow.com/2008/02

See Saregamapa Little Champs - 1st February Episode - Part III

Sanjeevi
22nd July 2008, 12:18 PM

:notworthy:

somehow I feel the tamil version is noway equal to hindi version. I meant 'En vazhvile varum anbe vaa' not 'poongaatru puthiraduthu'

crajkumar_be
22nd July 2008, 04:05 PM
When one of the singers sang "Aye zindagi gale lagaa le" from movie sadma.. 9which is the tamil equivalent of the poongatru song in moondram pirai). suresh wadkar was taken to tears in emotion and he told the audience in nostalgia that when this song was being recorded in filmcity studios, all the big and mighty from bollywood were present for the recording.
This song take was okayed very fast and the elite audience were so spellbound by the musical wizardy that there was a thunderous appluase for IR for nearly 5 minutes. Suresh then added that it was very uncommon for the bombay musicians to applaud a music director.. and therein, he said, was IR's greatness.

:ty:

thumburu
24th July 2008, 05:36 PM
There was already a "Thyagaiyyah" movie in Telugu, mded by KVM which came in the wake of Shankarabharanam's phenpmenal success. Hope Raja doesn't just end up orchestrating few Thyagaraja krithis, he should also compose few original numbers with good classical singers like UnniKrishnan. I wouldn't mind even if he retunes few Krithis aka "mari mari ninne" , done in Charamathi as a tribute to the great saint composer. The ending credit should be pancharathna keerthanai or some fusion of wcm with carnatic on the lines of Bach meets Thyagaraja of How to name it. Howzzat?

Sanjeevi
24th July 2008, 08:00 PM
http://isaiinbam.blogspot.com/2008/07/positive.html

kameshratnam
25th July 2008, 05:40 PM
As part of bringing out old ananda vikatan issue's ..this week's viktan features ilayaraaja in the late 70's...buy it enjoy it

app_engine
25th July 2008, 09:43 PM
In Kumudam arasu badhil:

========================
சமீபத்தில் எதைக் கண்டு ஆச்சர்யப்பட்டீர்கள்?

`சுப்ரமணியபுரம்' படம் பார்த்தபோது இரண்டு ஆச்சர்யங்கள். ஆச்சர்யம் 1.படம் பார்க்கும் இன்றைய இளைய தலைமுறை ரசிகர்கள் இருபது வருடங்களுக்கு முன்பு ஹிட்டான இளையராஜாவின் `சிறு பொன்மணி' பாட்டிற்கு தியேட்டரே அதிர கைதட்டியது.
========================

Sanjeevi
26th July 2008, 12:16 AM
wov gr8, IR is way ahead of his TFM previous kings to attract next next generations

app_engine
26th July 2008, 01:38 AM
I wish people who make big issues about the (lack of) "longevity" of IR songs (as compared to MSV/KVM stuff) consider this fact.

And, remember "siRupon maNi asaiyum" didn't even have a TMS/SPB/KJY kind of voice, neither it had phenomenal melody (orchestration was OOW) but it gets applauded after decades.

So, it's "ஹம்பக் " to link longevity to musical quality alone. There are many other factors.

dochu
26th July 2008, 04:56 AM
Good article in vikatan. Saw some unseen pictures.

http://s3.supload.com/free/s11a.jpg/view/

raajarasigan
26th July 2008, 01:01 PM
Not only it has IR's old picture in this week's AV but also the film which got the highese ever mark 62.5 in AV's Film Review -- 16 Vayathinile..

AV had given IR 65 Marks (bit less IMO)....

Kamal had been given 90 for his acting..

I don't remember the complete list....

MrJudge
26th July 2008, 01:21 PM
I wish people who make big issues about the (lack of) "longevity" of IR songs (as compared to MSV/KVM stuff) consider this fact.

And, remember "siRupon maNi asaiyum" didn't even have a TMS/SPB/KJY kind of voice, neither it had phenomenal melody (orchestration was OOW) but it gets applauded after decades.

So, it's "ஹம்பக் " to link longevity to musical quality alone. There are many other factors.

May be. But for a guy who likes orchestration in tamil songs will always love IR's songs even after decades. Others' songs will stand mostly for their lyrics/tunes.

dochu
26th July 2008, 05:41 PM
I second that.

I never had the inclination to enjoy lyrics (well - maybe during VM/IR period). To me IR's songs - solely rocks on his music alone.

I am listening to 'muthal mutham....' from Puthir. It has longevity beyond the age of the earth. 8-)

d

app_engine
26th July 2008, 06:23 PM
>>I am listening to 'muthal mutham....' from Puthir. It has longevity beyond the age of the earth. <<

May sound funny to you Dochu, but I don't even remember hearing 'puthir' songs, never ever.

Any links to samples?

crvenky
26th July 2008, 06:53 PM
dochu,
That song is a Kannada tune - Sihi mutha needi, from Ajeya. Its a beautiful song.

dochu
26th July 2008, 10:42 PM
app-e,

here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydmyygztxmw

crajkumar_be
27th July 2008, 02:39 AM
People having issues with longevity of IR songs????
That's so obscene its not even funny :twisted:

Longevity, thy name is IR (songs) :exactly:

app_engine
27th July 2008, 03:17 AM
dochu,
Thank you. I'm listening to this for the first time ever.

MrJudge
27th July 2008, 10:29 AM
I second that.

I never had the inclination to enjoy lyrics (well - maybe during VM/IR period). To me IR's songs - solely rocks on his music alone.

I am listening to 'muthal mutham....' from Puthir. It has longevity beyond the age of the earth. 8-)

Yeah, that is the case with most IR fans. We don't care how good/bad the lyrics are. I don't think any other tamil MD survived with bad lyrics but IR only did.

vasanth2006
27th July 2008, 07:15 PM

Pothi vacha song in Ch-28 is also very good usage and got good response......

Even i have seen the same song in Arasi serial also..... :lol: :lol:

IR is evergreen............IRvai tamizharkalidam irunthu prikave mudiyathu....... :D

ananth222
27th July 2008, 09:12 PM
Pothi vacha song in Ch-28 is also very good usage and got good response......The aboorva sagotharargal bgm used in chennai 28 (when they lose the bet match) was also awesome!

kameshratnam
28th July 2008, 02:32 PM
chennai 28 RR was done by Premji right

entertainment
28th July 2008, 10:50 PM

Yes.

ananth222
28th July 2008, 11:22 PM

Yes.
I thought it was YSR... r u sure?

MumbaiRamki
28th July 2008, 11:51 PM
Premji thaan. ..ippa sun TV la pottappa kuda parththaen

Sanjeevi
31st July 2008, 02:57 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/07/31-illayaraaja-acts-in-azhagarmalai.html

oru puthu thread arambikkalama with Title "Actor IR" :)

app_engine
1st August 2008, 08:06 PM
http://kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-08-06/pg6.php

Ameer wants to know how it would have been had ARR scored for pithAmagan:-)

MrJudge
1st August 2008, 10:16 PM
http://kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-08-06/pg6.php

Ameer wants to know how it would have been had ARR scored for pithAmagan:-)

Bala-vukku theriyaatha yaar music venummnu. Ameer :evil: avaru padaththa paththi pesaama Bala, BS padangalai mattume yen yosikkiraar? :confused2:

Sanjeevi
2nd August 2008, 09:13 PM
Black Eyed Peas's Unakkum Enakkum remix :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KIEh7R5EQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KIEh7R5EQo&feature=related

MumbaiRamki
4th August 2008, 12:12 AM
Probably only way we can hear chithra,spb in IR's music .
MX in telugu !
http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/moviedetail.asp?mid=A0000476

Esp check out the last song ( Poo Puthathu). It rocks with their voice( sonu too had sung it well)

eagle
5th August 2008, 01:29 AM
Today i bought ilayaraja's italy concert video from music world. only few songs featured. The audio CD and this one is completely different except for tune in 3 notes, veetukku veettukku, and paavana guru and life thru music. A must for raja fans!!!

eagle
5th August 2008, 01:42 AM
Also i found oriental records releasing new audio CD's, each contains 3 movies (mostly 80's). some of them are digitally remastered (24bit) the cover says.
i bought 5 CD's, all of them are gud .
No excuse for true raja fan to go for mp3's now as both popular and rare movies are there.
We have to support these kind of initiatives that will make the audio companies to come out with more titles.

app_engine
5th August 2008, 01:51 AM
Also i found oriental records releasing new audio CD's, each contains 3 movies (mostly 80's). some of them are digitally remastered (24bit) the cover says.

Where?

eagle
5th August 2008, 01:54 AM
Available in Music world and Lanmark in spencer.

appushiva
13th August 2008, 01:49 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Hello friends,

Those who want to hear hicalibar IR songs, can now hear the songs of the below.

1. sooryan - Malyalam movie - song 2 "Vasantha Nilave" a classic song by master blaster IR and Madhu balakrishnan rocked with his brilliant performance.

2. Sooryan - Malayalam movie - song 1 "Ishtakarrikku" a reply given by Maestro to HJ,ARR,HR and others.

After hearing the songs repeatedly I was more happy and doing my office work with cheers.

God's own country know how to extract from IR.

"uliyan Osai" songs are ok only thing the movie might have taken by experienced senior directors. Also IR should not allot pavitharini in his songs, she cant able to cope with his requirements.

Any how Maestro is still feeding us.

Regards to all.

Shiva

app_engine
13th August 2008, 07:10 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

"uliyan Osai" songs are ok only thing the movie might have taken by experienced senior directors. Also IR should not allot pavitharini in his songs, she cant able to cope with his requirements.

:lol:

NormalMan
16th August 2008, 08:21 PM
[tscii:b4130bc9de]1. What is or who is shameless?

Ans: Nothing and nobody… as shamefulness is something which comes out of a social programming. If you have the wisdom and the understanding to see through the programming you won’t feel ashamed ever.

2. Apart from that quote about Khalid, you said so many other nasty things about Aamir. What about that?

Ans: I wanted to state everything here as I can be sure that it will correctly come out. I can’t really know what all might have been printed, if it was misquoted or quoted out of context.
If you still have doubts about me then let me say this that Aamir is a super fantastic gem of a guy and I am a selfish untrustworthy good for nothing guy. Fine? Happy? Smile now.

3. This Ilayaraja’s way of working will not work.

Ans: Got the point loud and clear. Thanks.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/40787.html[/tscii:b4130bc9de]

rajasaranam
17th August 2008, 05:42 PM
[tscii:ea4333afdb]

3. This Ilayaraja’s way of working will not work.
Ans: Got the point loud and clear. Thanks.

It took sometime for me to understand the question and his answer. Good Question and a very good answer though :)

[/tscii:ea4333afdb]

irir123
18th August 2008, 06:13 AM
I didnt understand that part of the RGV interview at all!

raja_fan
18th August 2008, 06:16 AM
Me too..What is IR's way of working ? arrogance ?
What is the answer ? that IR's music is loud and clear ??

jaiganes
18th August 2008, 09:08 AM
Me too..What is IR's way of working ? arrogance ?
What is the answer ? that IR's music is loud and clear ??

No no...
RGV had earlier remarked that he makes movies spontaneously - he has stated in fact that he keeps shooting the scene in anywhich way he wants (or as it strikes him in a moment) much like how IR creates songs - so much is dependant on what is the current strand of thought or mood he is in.
Offcourse - music can be created like that - however films cannot be created in that manner as they are packaged and sold.

MrJudge
18th August 2008, 10:25 AM
No excuse for true raja fan to go for mp3's now as both popular and rare movies are there.
We have to support these kind of initiatives that will make the audio companies to come out with more titles.

I understand that the quality is good. Can you please let me know how good they are? much much better compared to the earlier releases? Because many times I don't find the quality that they are claiming.

MrJudge
18th August 2008, 10:54 AM
<dig>

The lack of reasoning is appalling to say the least.
Why would he go for IR for Mumbai Xpress and why didn't he give an excuse (which came AFTER Anbe Sivam)? Why didn't he give an excuse for all his home productions (barring an exception or two)????

We all know he ropes in IR for his low budget (exception HR but for that too IR appeared at later stage) home productions. You didn't answer my question. Whose choice was it to go with VS for his AS? If Sunder C was adamant about getting VS on board without Kamal's liking, he should have walked out of that project (ofcourse muthukelumbu irunthirunthaa). Isn't he big enough to do that? Why he doesn't stand up to the directors/producers if he likes only IR for his films? only talks about it at later stages? This kind of drama fits perfectly for an opportunist.

Do you have any idea what happened during Nammavar??? Self-delusion at its best! If you have no clue about what actually happened, its better you get into all openings closed airtight shut mode

I knew what happened during that Nammavar project and why Kamal decided to go with Mahesh. Do you think you are the only one knew everything? It is disgusting to see you come and order everyone to shut their all openings if they have a different opinion about Kamal's acts. I guess it is high time you should realize that people have rights to speak what they think just like you, if you think they are wrong, you should try to come with answers and convince them instead of delivering orders. If you can't do that, you should be the one shutting all holes first. :shhh:

P.S: However, for the record, for Marmayogi, ARR was the first and only choice

Glad to know that.....I sincerely hope IR to realize olaga nayagan's acts and says no to his ventures. Don't fall for his buttery words Raja.

</dig>

Rangarajan nambi
18th August 2008, 01:43 PM
Mr.Judge ,

Something wrong with you or what ? No fool will invest on IR today. He is not a marketable guy . Music plays a vital role in a movie's success & any sane investor will go for the current star performers.
May be for some Bakthi devotional album, IR can be approached.

No offence meant. This is the state of IR today.

raja_fan
18th August 2008, 02:05 PM
No fool will invest on IR today.

I agree. Fools don't invest on IR. Good..isn't it ?

nanchil_guy
18th August 2008, 02:47 PM
Mr.Judge ,

Something wrong with you or what ? No fool will invest on IR today. He is not a marketable guy . Music plays a vital role in a movie's success & any sane investor will go for the current star performers.

So in your language Bala, Ameer, Myskin, Bharathiraja are all fools. And that super star Rajini should be fool according to you, coz for every movie he approaches IR, only to be get rejected.

And there has to be a lots of fools in Kerala, who time and again go to IR for their movies.

And in fact , the whole south india should be full of fools , as most of the peoples in south india are listening to a guy's music, whose music is considered by someone as non marketable.

Rangarajan nambi
18th August 2008, 03:03 PM
IR should be grateful to Kamal hassar because the last mega budget movie scored by IR was HeyRam . May be commercial factors and a rationale Producer will definitely opt for the Hot cake. This may be the sequence for even ARR or Yuvan etc.
No comments about Rajini approaching IR. I would comment on KH only. All those names whom you have quoted will all move to bigger names soon.

Rangarajan nambi
18th August 2008, 03:04 PM
IR should be grateful to Kamal hassar because the last mega budget movie scored by IR was HeyRam . That reflects the mood of big produces today. May be commercial factors and a rationale Producer will definitely opt for the Hot cake. This may be the sequence for even ARR or Yuvan etc.
No comments about Rajini approaching IR. I would comment on KH only. All those names whom you have quoted will all move to bigger names soon.

MrJudge
18th August 2008, 03:33 PM
Mr.Judge ,

:lol: If I accept your karuththu for the argument sake, Kamal must be a fool then, everytime he wants to have IR and then goes with lightboy's decision. Come on man, seriously, something wrong with you or what??

crajkumar_be
18th August 2008, 03:41 PM
<dig>
We all know he ropes in IR for his low budget (exception HR but for that too IR appeared at later stage) home productions. You didn't answer my question. Whose choice was it to go with VS for his AS? If Sunder C was adamant about getting VS on board without Kamal's liking, he should have walked out of that project (ofcourse muthukelumbu irunthirunthaa). Isn't he big enough to do that? Why he doesn't stand up to the directors/producers if he likes only IR for his films? only talks about it at later stages? This kind of drama fits perfectly for an opportunist.

1. Anbe Sivam was produced by Lakshmi Movie Makers.
Now get your head out of your behind and try to *see * reality
2. As for your "suggestion", :rotfl:
3. Refer my prev post

I knew what happened during that Nammavar project and why Kamal decided to go with Mahesh. Do you think you are the only one knew everything? It is disgusting to see you come and order everyone to shut their all openings if they have a different opinion about Kamal's acts. I guess it is high time you should realize that people have rights to speak what they think just like you, if you think they are wrong, you should try to come with answers and convince them instead of delivering orders. If you can't do that, you should be the one shutting all holes first. :shhh:

People who started watching "inglees" movies from Burma Bazar platform CDs from yesterday and start acting like advisor's to Bergman and Fellini and come up with "lists" should not belch their crap in public forums like this. Your posts are like Infosys - powered by ignorance, driven by bias :lol2:
For someone so deeply buried in nonsense like you are, giving "answers" and making you understand is a futile task.
Since this is a public forum, if you spew nonsense, you will get replies like this. For a change, try to use the top-floor, if there's anything in there, alright?

Glad to know that.....I sincerely hope IR to realize olaga nayagan's acts and says no to his ventures. Don't fall for his buttery words Raja.
</dig>
:rotfl:

MrJudge
18th August 2008, 03:53 PM
1. Anbe Sivam was produced by Lakshmi Movie Makers.
Now get your head out of your behind and try to *see * reality

Yes, I know it was produced by them, so??? They do movies with Dhina as MD :lol2: Thanks for your tips, looks like you are very well experienced in getting your head out of so many places, including your you-know-what. The reality is Kamal has no muthukelumbu and does a double act.

People who started watching "inglees" movies from Burma Bazar platform CDs from yesterday and start acting like advisor's to Bergman and Fellini and come up with "lists" should not belch their crap in public forums like this. Your posts are like Infosys - powered by ignorance, driven by bias :lol2:
For someone so deeply buried in nonsense like you are, giving "answers" and making you understand is a futile task.
Since this is a public forum, if you spew nonsense, you will get replies like this. For a change, try to use the top-floor, if there's anything in there, alright?

Garbage and not worth replying for :D

selvakumar
18th August 2008, 03:54 PM
Let us say
Kamal is a fool. A man is getting cheated by the words of such a fool ( if we go by the argument here) . What word should I use for the man ? :lol:

crajkumar_be
18th August 2008, 04:00 PM
Garbage and not worth replying for :D
And yet you did :lol:

Rangarajan nambi
18th August 2008, 04:04 PM
Moderators should intervene.

On readign earlier posts, I could observe some frustration on Rajini also earlier.

I could see some maturity amongst really knowledeable IR fans who are very matured .

Some exceptions like Mr.Judge really spoil the spirit of this thread. Better Mr.Judge you stay away instead of just pouring your frustration on 2 giants of tamil cinema, KamalHassar and Rajini.

Look, what's happening to IR today is a completion of life cycle. It happened to all greats in all spheres. IR is no exception.

Mr.Judge show some dignity and maturity. Thanks. No more arguments.

MrJudge
18th August 2008, 04:04 PM
Let us say
Kamal is a fool. A man is getting cheated by the words of such a fool ( if we go by the argument here) . What word should I use for the man ? :lol:

Seriously how he gets away with his acts is simply unbelievable. He uses other MDs and Vairamuthu (for lyrics) and one day comes back to IR and works with him. Even IR's closest pal, BR couldn't do this kind of act. The good thing is it worked out so far, from MY onwards it is going to be tough to convince IR, atleast I believe so.

selvakumar
18th August 2008, 04:15 PM
Seriously how he gets away with his acts is simply unbelievable. He uses other MDs and Vairamuthu (for lyrics) and one day comes back to IR and works with him. Even IR's closest pal, BR couldn't do this kind of act. The good thing is it worked out so far, from MY onwards it is going to be tough to convince IR, atleast I believe so.
I am on your side this time. I don't want KAMAL to GO BACK TO IR AGAIN ! I would be happy if he replaces IR with ARR for his dream project also. I don't care about whether he cheats someone or not.

My point is
- he need not cheat someone since he has better alternatives. Till now, he was doomed by lot of things. Now, he must have understood the harsh realities and his blindness
- He need not elevate someone to great heights unnecessarily & getting no benefits at the end. there is no need need for anyone to promote a man who had lost the market.

Kamal & IR can have mutual benefits with this
- Kamal will get some market advantage by bringing in others. He need not waste his time & effort by depending on less successful MDs.

- IR can still work with people like myskin and others. IR fans can stop worrying about whether IR works with kamal or not. They can just ignore it like madhu and stay away from buying the audio.

If kamal comes to IR, IR should reject him. If he doesn't do that, GO & BLAME IR for his FOOLISHNESS or MAD LOVE FOR kamal :)

nanchil_guy
18th August 2008, 04:45 PM
IR should be grateful to Kamal hassar because the last mega budget movie scored by IR was HeyRam .

Really !! If i remember right, Kamal hassan said many times that he was grateful to IR for helping him out of the mess, which was created by previous MD for HeyRam .Then IR was the one who stopped the movie to bacame a super mega budjet from a meag budjet as he wonderfully composed music for already shot scenes, which eventually avoided a reshoot.

All those names whom you have quoted will all move to bigger names soon.

Thanks a lot, Now i learned one more thing from you, that IR is not a bigger name.( may be, now this is the time for IR, to change his name to something like 'illayaa raajaa' to make it bigger!!).

All those names whom you have quoted will all move to bigger names soon.

All these people have been fools for so long time, and thanks for making them sane persons, you did a wonderful job!!

And along the same line, You helped me to learn a lot of new things, Now i want to reciprocate it, so let me give you a list of people who has failed after moving away from IR

KB, Bharathiraja, Maniratnam.

equanimus
18th August 2008, 05:02 PM
MrJudge,
Two quick questions. (Besides wondering how anyone could label most of the films produced by Raajkamal Films since its inception as "low budget" films; and, if 'kuruthippunal' and 'naLa thamayanthi' are among the "big budget" films produced by Raajkamal, etc.)

What are we discussing here? Is it about Kamal's sincerity when he expresses his high regard for Raaja? Kamal enjoys working with Raaja, and he has worked with him for most of his major films. His raves about Raaja is just a reflection of that. Surely, he's not out there saying all that he says to appease various kinds of people? :)

Or, is it about what you perceive as Kamal's disloyalty towards Raaja? In which case, the problem you posit to Kamal Haasan the actor/writer (when you're talking about "muthukelumbu irunthirunthaa") is extremely naive. To put it differently, why do you think Kamal *must* "stand up" to the occasion and walk out of a film just because the film's producer (or anyone else who's crucial to the making of the film, for that matter) doesn't want Raaja to score? Why can't he just go ahead and do that film? To give the fairest representation to your argument, you're at best inferring that Kamal doesn't think of Raaja as "inevitable" to every film he's working in. Well, what's the big fuss about it, I ask. So would Raaja, I presume. (I must say, whatever you are saying and expecting of Raaja, it only manages to show him in poor light, as if he were an an insecure minion, god forbid. :|)
In general, I've seen that such comments are thrown around whenever there's a "break" in any kind of association. I think it's very cheap to suggest that there's some friction, or "something is wrong" between two artists whenever they're not working together once in a while, or even if they're working together intermittently.

MrJudge
18th August 2008, 05:05 PM
Selvakumar,

Thanks for agreeing with me. Though lot of your points are sarcastic, one way or the other we both want the same end result. :D Who loses what will be seen in a few years time.....

IR has couple of better directors to work with, so I am happy about it. Any sensible and serious movie maker will know how important re-recording is and what IR can do to his movie. I hope IR gets more and more good directors on his side and works for good tamil movies.

selvakumar
18th August 2008, 05:13 PM
Selvakumar,

Thanks for agreeing with me. Though lot of your points are sarcastic, one way or the other we both want the same end result. :D Who loses what will be seen in a few years time.....

IR has couple of better directors to work with, so I am happy about it. Any sensible and serious movie maker will know how important re-recording is and what IR can do to his movie. I hope IR gets more and more good directors on his side and works for good tamil movies.
Trust me - I was not sarcastic there. I just posted what I feel as a general solution for the problem between the "two" (as you perceive)

thumburu
18th August 2008, 05:32 PM
Did you folks watch the Jaya TV programme yesterday where Veena wizard Rajesh Vaidhya played few songs from VS like "Ding dong" ,"kadhal vandhadhum", many songs of Raja starting from "pani vizhum malarvanam" , "en uLLe" [VaLLi], "Kaatril endhan geetham" [Jhonny] ,"iLaiya nila" and few songs from VR like "uLLathil nalla uLLam" [Karnan] , "yaarukku maapiLLai yaaro" ? I should say Raja's songs sounded simply superb on Veena when compared to songs of other MDs. Rajesh played them like one possessed. He is one talent which Raja should utilize.
But Iam saddened when music pundits always consider only "Ding dong" as eligible Rasikapriya and conveniently ignore classics from IR like "sangeethame" [Kovil pura] and "agandhaiyil aaduvadha" from ULiyin Osai.

irir123
18th August 2008, 08:20 PM
Lets look at this IR_Kamal thing this way : IR is the MD for a project which IR thinks would be perfect ONLY if Kamal plays the lead character! and lets say IR argues with the director n producer that only Kamal can do justice to that role - would IR walk out of the project just coz the producer n director refuse to have Kamal and have someone else for the role (given that Kamal has other commitments and cannot be roped in for financial limitations on the part of the producer or the producer/director simply is not in good terms with Kamal) ?

Maybe my argument is naive here, but though Kamal has deep respect and admiration for IR's genius, we have absolutely no idea of what kind of circumstances force him to chose other MDs - hence we have no hold over this issue and are simply wasting our time speculating on what has happened, what might have transpired, and how things should have turned out etc

If Kamal were to fastidiously insist on IR ONLY, then ppl wud say "ah! look at that man's arrogance and adamance - he is so inflexible" - as a professional, if Kamal has to make some flexible decisions w.r.to the choice of MDs (even if the MDs may not be on par with his original choice IR), ppl blame him for being an oppurtunist! I think thats not fair at all - and trust me, am a HCIRF!

PS: long time ago, I heard from a very reliable source as to how Kamal helped IR for some project/work in Europe or Australia (i dont recall the exact details) by making arrangements through his (i mean Kamal's) manager and RajKamal office! the Kamal-IR association is beyond just the filmy thing - to cast aspersions on Kamal and his motives without knowing whats exactly going on behind the screens is simply absurd, to say the least

venkiks
18th August 2008, 10:29 PM
No fool will invest on IR today.

I agree. Fools don't invest on IR. Good..isn't it ?

raja_fan, a nice reply. Couldn't stop laughing.

app_engine
18th August 2008, 10:54 PM
Some nice discussion going on here:
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11537&start=1470

rajasaranam
18th August 2008, 10:56 PM
Did you folks watch the Jaya TV programme yesterday where Veena wizard Rajesh Vaidhya played few songs ...

I loved every bit of the programme :) did you also notice that he mentioned about playing with 'Elton John' and stated 'Namma Raaja paattuthaan vasichaen'... and interviewer replied 'Solrathukkae Venaam' :D then he started playing 'Nejukulle innarunnu Sonna theriyuma' It was a lovely lilting tune and sure Elton John would've been mesmerised by the tune arrangement :oops:

rajasaranam
19th August 2008, 12:01 AM
lets say IR argues with the director n producer that only Kamal can do justice to that role ......

Mr.Judge here is only showing his angst over KH who had been blaming his Directors/Producers for not allowing him to work with his favourite IR all these days.
Kamal is the Director/Producer(First Copy Basis) of 'MarmaYogi' :twisted: Case closed :notworthy: lets move on... understanding that the cat is out of the bag now :P

Read my signature down here :noteeth:

MrJudge
19th August 2008, 12:29 PM
equanimus:

My only wish is either he should stand up or he should just move on with his newly-found MDs, instead he plays the blame game just to appease none other than Raja. He knows that he would need Raja back someday, so he makes sure that he doesn't spoil his relationship with him. As rajasaranam said 'the case is closed', but my wish to IR remains open.

MumbaiRamki
19th August 2008, 12:45 PM
[tscii:bd29b77a69]http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IE420080819041535&Page=4&Title=Entertainment&Topic=0&

"Clarifying that it will be Pyramid Saimira producing it, along with Rajkamal Films is KS Srinivasan, director and CEO of Pyramid Samira. The deal, sources say, was inked for Rs 125 crore.
"

“As for the techinicians, most of them, including the DoP and editors, will be from Hollywood,” he clarified"[/tscii:bd29b77a69]

rajasaranam
19th August 2008, 01:16 PM
Ramki,

ethukku intha kosuru thagaval link'oda kuduthu irukeenga :?:

kameshratnam
19th August 2008, 01:38 PM
Ramki,

ethukku intha kosuru thagaval link'oda kuduthu irukeenga :?:

May be what ramki meant was that Rajkamal was not the ONLY producer of the movie and there were others also involved in it and kamal or chandra wud nt have had their chances to stress on ilayaraaja since for them the main motive wud be to get the film out with Kamal...The only known thing which is there is Kamal..Kamal and they are not bothered about music

njv
19th August 2008, 02:27 PM
Havent posted in a while and here is a summary :)

I bought Danam CD based on the review here and totally disappointed. Its in attic now.

People discussed about IR not accepting some big international project. IR mentioned in his auto biography about a similar situation in the early days of his career and before he became Mookambigai devotee, he pretty much slowed down accepting the movies because he was running out of tunes. May be he is in the same situation now. Evident from Danam.

IRs music now a days is like Tendulkar's (or India cricket team's) performance. Keep your expectations low. They may surprise, but they wont consistently score.

Having said the above 2, I am still expecting Naan Kadavul and Nandalala.

crvenky
19th August 2008, 03:04 PM
IR's Cheeni Kum song remixed in German by Indian singer Tamisha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jaGWW1h48

Dunno if its legally licensed.

MrJudge
19th August 2008, 03:11 PM

8-)

Sureshs65
19th August 2008, 04:23 PM
njv,

I guess tastes differ but I found Dhanam quite interesting. Earlier I was not too keen on Illayaraja's Tamil albums and some of them like 'Mayakannadi' and 'Kangalum Kavi Padudhe' had a good song or two but overall the album would disappoint. So I was more looking forward to his Malayalam albums but Uliyin Osai changed that. Before I could fully enjoy Uliyin Osai, Dhanam came and I started playing it regularly. Immediately 'Mallepoovu' followed and I personally feel Illayaraja has scored a hat trick. I think you should get the CD from the attic and give it a try again :)

I, for one, refuse to lower my expectation from Illayaraja. Afterall you can only expect from a person who is capable of delivering, isnt it? Others may be more famous, giving more hits and selling in zillions but when it comes to originality and stimulation of your intellect, none of what they do appeals to me as much as Illayaraja's music does. (And I not talking 80s here. I am talking 2008). I mean who can come up with such superb tune and interludes as he did in 'Kallai Irunthen' or the raga changes he does in other songs of Uliyin Osai. Who can even dream up of a melody like 'Chandamama Rave' or 'Kannanukku Enna Vendum'? Or the amazing 'Vasantha Nila'. I am willing to be disappointed (and I have been) but I would rather keep my expectations high. I am sure Illayaraja still has in him to deliver to all our high expectations.

S.Suresh

Sanjeevi
19th August 2008, 06:59 PM
Meendum Thiruvasagam but

http://jeyamohan.in/?p=607

rajasaranam
19th August 2008, 09:08 PM

Ammavukku Pillaiyaar suzhiyae Raaja Paatta vachu thaan Poala :)
http://tamisha.de/
http://www.bollymax.de/home.html
Eppadiyo Nalla iruntha Seri :D

app_engine
19th August 2008, 09:13 PM
ok, why a caste name was used for a Kamal movie title?
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=432825&disdate=8/19/2008

rajasaranam
19th August 2008, 09:27 PM
ok, why a caste name was used for a Kamal movie title?
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=432825&disdate=8/19/2008

hmmm...Athu Oru Kanaa Kaalam! Title kooda Raaja kitta Aalosanai Kaettu thaan Vaippaar kamal :P

rooky
19th August 2008, 11:13 PM
I guess,Kamal is out to prove a point (rather the mindset of people who think, Kamal is an exceptional talent, makes good movies,but they won't do well in the BO).

He seems to be focussed on setting the BO on fire,than making his type of movies.So, turning to people in limelight than people with talent.But, I hope this is a temporary one.

Let us leave to IR to accept or reject an offer from Kamal in future,which is more likely to happen than not.

Are we not happy that IR did not do Kuselan?

I personally am glad that IR didn't do Kuselan and Yuvan didn't do Sathyam..Only time will tell.

MrJudge
20th August 2008, 01:23 PM
Guys,

In Star's Super singer program, there was this west african girl (I think Tia is her name) sang 'ithu nila kaalam' from Tik tik tik. I was surprised to see an african girl singing a tamil song without any mispronunciation. She comes again today and she is going to sing 'machchaana paaththeengala' song. Don't miss it if you like to see her performance. I hope she wins and goes to the next round.

raja_fan
20th August 2008, 03:38 PM
Mr.Judge,

Is it Star Vijay ? what time ?

rangan_08
20th August 2008, 04:04 PM
Guys,

In Star's Super singer program, there was this west african girl (I think Tia is her name) sang 'ithu nila kaalam' from Tik tik tik. I was surprised to see an african girl singing a tamil song without any mispronunciation. She comes again today and she is going to sing 'machchaana paaththeengala' song. Don't miss it if you like to see her performance. I hope she wins and goes to the next round.

Yes, I too saw the programme. Amazing talent.

raja_fan - it is star vijay - not sure about the timing, guess it is around 8.30 pm.

njv
20th August 2008, 05:11 PM
njv,

I guess tastes differ but I found Dhanam quite interesting. Earlier I was not too keen on Illayaraja's Tamil albums and some of them like 'Mayakannadi' and 'Kangalum Kavi Padudhe' had a good song or two but overall the album would disappoint. So I was more looking forward to his Malayalam albums but Uliyin Osai changed that. Before I could fully enjoy Uliyin Osai, Dhanam came and I started playing it regularly. Immediately 'Mallepoovu' followed and I personally feel Illayaraja has scored a hat trick. I think you should get the CD from the attic and give it a try again :)

I, for one, refuse to lower my expectation from Illayaraja. Afterall you can only expect from a person who is capable of delivering, isnt it? Others may be more famous, giving more hits and selling in zillions but when it comes to originality and stimulation of your intellect, none of what they do appeals to me as much as Illayaraja's music does. (And I not talking 80s here. I am talking 2008). I mean who can come up with such superb tune and interludes as he did in 'Kallai Irunthen' or the raga changes he does in other songs of Uliyin Osai. Who can even dream up of a melody like 'Chandamama Rave' or 'Kannanukku Enna Vendum'? Or the amazing 'Vasantha Nila'. I am willing to be disappointed (and I have been) but I would rather keep my expectations high. I am sure Illayaraja still has in him to deliver to all our high expectations.

S.Suresh

Suresh

Are you the one that post review on mouthshut?

Anyways, I liked Uliyin Osai. Unfortunately I couldnt get that in US, so I only have the downloaded MP3. I will give Dhanam another (or few more) try. After all its from someone who keeps us running.
BTW, is Mallepoovu CD widely available?

MrJudge
20th August 2008, 05:22 PM
Mr.Judge,

Is it Star Vijay ? what time ?

Yes, 9 pm.....

rajasaranam
20th August 2008, 08:08 PM
[tscii:57662444fa]http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.indian.misc/browse_thread/thread/de27d82aa4d238f7

btw IR and Gulzar together coming once again this year for yet
untilted film by debutant director Ajoy Verma.. IR has chosen Roop
Kumar Rathod to sing romantic poem "Mujhko bas itne se kaam pe rakh
lo"..

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/life/2008/06/20/stories/2008062050110400.htm

Sony’s Rs 40-crore 2007 Saawariya led the way, Fox is in talks with several potential Indian partners, but it is Warner Bros which is going to take the Hollywood-Made-In-India tag to the next level.

A line-up of productions is starting in autumn with two smaller films which will test the waters (something that Sony didn’t do before taking the plunge, to its disadvantage). Saas Bahu aur Sensex, directed by Sona Urvashi, and an untitled film with Vinay Pathak, directed by Ajoy Verma

http://www.screenindia.com/news/A-bigger-Bheja-Fry-awaits-Vinay-Pathak/321851/

adds Pathak who will next be seen in films like Via Darjeeling, Mumbai Cutting, Sourabh Shukla’s Raat Gayi Baat Gayi and a Warner Brothers film by Ajoy Varma.

Romba therinjavanga Mozhiyila Sollanumnna another 'Fool' Investing on IR in bollywood, that too for a Production house as Large as Warner Bros. :notworthy: [/tscii:57662444fa]

jaiganes
20th August 2008, 08:40 PM
Unga fool ungalukku - enga fool engalukkungaraangalo ennavo?

irir123
20th August 2008, 09:25 PM
guys - pls have patience - edho IR yellathhaiyum vituttu 'ambo'nnu irukkaraa madhiri yen pesugirom ? Isaikkaagavey thannai arpanitthukkonda avar manadhil plan illaamalaa irukkum ? even if IR was a mutli-tasking genius (capable of working on several projects simultaneously, scoring nonstop every day), how do we know that he is not doing something real real big, so big that even for a genius like him he can only give scanter attention to the world of minimalistic music making, which is cinema (especially Tamil cinema) ? perhaps thats what he has been doing all along last few years when we are all getting frustrated about his doing fewer films every year!

long long time back, when I had met him (that was the last time I had met him - after that due to my academic and work commitments cudnt even go to chennai), IR was all eager to talk abt John Williams's scores and how he has the entire collection of STAR WARS movies with him and as a pet hobby, he has kindof written scores for the same situations in STAR WARS as JW has done!

if this man can do something like that as a pet hobby, it cud only mean that last few years something big is afoot guys, lets just wait - at least I havent lost any hope at all

rajasaranam
20th August 2008, 11:24 PM
http://www.gulzaronline.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1413949/filmotype
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1241333/
http://businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=7754
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117984754.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/100001

the movie is titled SRK and ready for release in september. Going by various news items it seems a light hearted comedy movie :)

"Mujhko bas itne se kaam pe rakh lo".. Very Interesting words for a start, how Gulzar and Raaja are going to go about after this? Cant wait to hear :x

app_engine
21st August 2008, 12:43 AM
From the first link that rs has posted above:

Gulzar saab once again with Maestro Illaiyaraja
Gulzar saab has been teamed up with Illaiyaraja for a new under production film directed by debutant Ajoy Verma. The yet untitled film marks the coming together aof a great pair that gave us an unforgettable score in Sadma. Even after so many years and so many thousands of listenings, songs like Ae zindagi gale laga le and Surmai ankhiyon me nanha munna ik sapna deja re are as fresh as they were 25 years ago. After Sadma, Gulzar saab and Illaiyaraja shared the credits in Revathy's Mitr My Friend where Gulzar saab penned one song.

For this new film a few songs have already been recorded, one of them is "Mujhko itne se kaam pe rakh lo" rendered by Roop Kumar Rathore. (Remember last time Vishal made the same poem into a song in Boodhey Pahadon Par)

Looking forward to the coming together of two legends... more details soon..

MrJudge
21st August 2008, 11:28 AM
The west african girl (Tina Mary) didn't do a good job yesterday in Super singer, for her style 'machchaana paatheengala' didn't suit.

thamizhvaanan
21st August 2008, 11:32 AM
long long time back, when I had met him (that was the last time I had met him - after that due to my academic and work commitments cudnt even go to chennai), IR was all eager to talk abt John Williams's scores and how he has the entire collection of STAR WARS movies with him and as a pet hobby, he has kindof written scores for the same situations in STAR WARS as JW has done!

wow!! wudnt it be great if we get to hear IR's version with Star wars? This sounds really cool :)

Sureshs65
21st August 2008, 02:22 PM
njv,

No. It is not me who posts on MouthShut. It is a different Suresh. I sometimes blog at http://sureshs65.blogspot.com and I have written a couple of articles there on Illayaraja's contribution to South Indian movies and the work of K V Mahadevan.

You can hear Mallepoovu in raaga.com I don't think it very widely available. I had to go to the Calypso guy in Bangalore for more than a week continuously before he got it !!! Anyway I bought two of them and gifted one to my friend, who is a Telugu. He is thrilled after hearing the songs.

S.Suresh

jaiganes
21st August 2008, 08:55 PM
Interesting ...
Really interesting...
http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/

MrJudge
22nd August 2008, 09:47 AM
[tscii:9ddfc5b8c5]
Interesting ...
Really interesting...

“They are more musical and less commercial. They guaranteed good quality of acoustic music.”

athu....[/tscii:9ddfc5b8c5]

Plum
22nd August 2008, 12:09 PM
but IR, MSV adhe list-la L-P - LOL:-). Just a random french man...Andrew Lloyd Webber-ie random English man, avar rahman fan-a irukkaradhu doesnt mean anything-nu sollum bodhu, this random french man's opinion doesnt carry much weight to me. Ivan sonnalum sollattalum IR genius dhaan. Let's not clutch at straws.

Sanjeevi
22nd August 2008, 12:23 PM
[tscii:aad87f017b]
Interesting ...
Really interesting...

“They are more musical and less commercial. They guaranteed good quality of acoustic music.”

athu....[/tscii:aad87f017b]

he said quite true about ARR

jaiganes
22nd August 2008, 11:59 PM
plum - naanga onnum pullarichu pulakangidhappattu nikkalai.We just said that it is interesting.
This guy isn't a fa of IR either - he clubs IR with all older gen music dirs - but he has a point.

Plum
23rd August 2008, 07:59 AM
jaiganes, my comment, to make it clear, was not at your take on this('interesting' is fine, that it surely is). But to use this as a shield against Rahman is pathetic. Just who is this guy that his opinion on Rahman and IR defines them for posterity?

jaiganes
24th August 2008, 07:39 AM
jaiganes, my comment, to make it clear, was not at your take on this('interesting' is fine, that it surely is). But to use this as a shield against Rahman is pathetic. Just who is this guy that his opinion on Rahman and IR defines them for posterity?
Good!
then write to baradwaj rangan about your kandanak kural.
it is in a blog - I just posted the link - avvalave. I did that nt because of his comment on ARR - just found it interesting to know that a french man is interested in indian film songs. that is it. avvalave.

MADDY
25th August 2008, 06:50 AM
I did that nt because of his comment on ARR - just found it interesting to know that a french man is interested in indian film songs. that is it. avvalave.

//disgr//hey that article is not opening now....what was said abt ARR and who said it?? :roll: .....i thot Brangan was a self-confessed ARR fan//end disgr//

rajasaranam
25th August 2008, 10:17 AM
[tscii:491cfb8948]MADDY,

Quote from that article - relevant portions for the discussions happening over here.

...and he considers Ilayaraja, MS Viswanathan, Shankar-Jaikishan and Laxmikant-Pyarelal to be our greats because, “They are more musical and less commercial. They guaranteed good quality of acoustic music.”

What about AR Rahman, our composer du jour, who’s currently making waves all around le monde? “He’s very good, but sometimes I feel he forgets he’s Indian. What he’s doing is good for India, but I think it’s too western. Indian music doesn’t always have to feature a sitar and tabla, but the melody and richness should be there. I liked oruvan oruvan mudhalaali (Muthu) but didn’t care for Bombay Dreams. But I admire what he’s doing as an ambassador of your country.”

Thappa onnum Sollidala, thrupthiyaa :P [/tscii:491cfb8948]

Plum
25th August 2008, 11:32 AM
jai, you dont understand. To put it explicitly, I understood your take on it and why you put it here. When I made my first comment on this, it wasnt at you. Does it make things clear? And definitely I have no issues with Baradwaj Rangan's article - it was a filler for his paper at a time when he probably was not the star critic that he is today so it's perfectly fine. I have issues with people interpreting that as a validation of IR's artistic greatness or AR Rahman's lack thereof.

Yappa maddy, you want to be a fisherman fishing in troubled ponds:-)

Plum
25th August 2008, 11:33 AM
Also, french man being interested in Indian music - nammallam Indian-a irundhukittu Hungary, Czech Republic, Russia-nu engirundu ellamo movies and music rasikkaraome, adhai vidava?:-)

app_engine
25th August 2008, 06:56 PM
There was another french man - a great musician - who appreciated IR's music & his name is Paul Mauriat:-)

Plum
25th August 2008, 10:28 PM
app, now we are talking :-)

app_engine
26th August 2008, 01:42 AM
Excellent write-up by Murali Srinivas for an IR song:
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11952

MADDY
26th August 2008, 08:04 AM
[tscii:924916e7b5]MADDY,

Quote from that article - relevant portions for the discussions happening over here.

...and he considers Ilayaraja, MS Viswanathan, Shankar-Jaikishan and Laxmikant-Pyarelal to be our greats because, “They are more musical and less commercial. They guaranteed good quality of acoustic music.”

What about AR Rahman, our composer du jour, who’s currently making waves all around le monde? “He’s very good, but sometimes I feel he forgets he’s Indian. What he’s doing is good for India, but I think it’s too western. Indian music doesn’t always have to feature a sitar and tabla, but the melody and richness should be there. I liked oruvan oruvan mudhalaali (Muthu) but didn’t care for Bombay Dreams. But I admire what he’s doing as an ambassador of your country.”

Thappa onnum Sollidala, thrupthiyaa :P [/tscii:924916e7b5]

:lol: thanks RS :D

plum, ARR is/was the most critcised MD of all times in India........i have seen such comments and more damaging ones too many times that i dont feel the neccessity to react....... :)

raja_fan
26th August 2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.tamilhindu.com/2008/08/ilayarajas-music-1/

raagas
26th August 2008, 06:56 PM
raja_fan

can you plz write the gist of the article in that link. I dont know tamil. :(

Hulkster
26th August 2008, 06:59 PM
Does anybody know that thalaivar has composed a mini-bit english song in manasellam. The fragrance of tragedy and romance has never been expressed as well as this.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=7sp46jzLsTI&feature=related

raja_fan
26th August 2008, 09:03 PM
raagas,

The article's author talks about how IR lives as a rare combination of expertise in all forms of music like Jazz, carnatic and folk etc. It is rare to find a person who fuses all these forms together.
The author is a great fan of IR and recalls his college days when he first heard "Hey Ram" songs and particularly "Isaiyil thodangudhamma" song. The song is set in Hamsa naadham raga.

irir123
26th August 2008, 09:40 PM
raja_fan - I particularly liked his reference to Steely Dan and IR - how SD cannot do western classical scores like how IR uses the same in a 'pop'pish fashion! how true!

entertainment
27th August 2008, 06:47 AM
[tscii:28c851aff2]MADDY,

Thappa onnum Sollidala, thrupthiyaa :P [/tscii:28c851aff2]

:lol: thanks RS :D

plum, ARR is/was the most critcised MD of all times in India........i have seen such comments and more damaging ones too many times that i dont feel the neccessity to react....... :)

Maddy,
I just would like to remind you that even IR was criticized by MSV fans when IR was new in the field. I heard that even TMS was not supportive to IR (Of course I heard this :), cannot really confirm this). You may revisit the history before pass on a general comment.

eagle
27th August 2008, 03:59 PM
I understand that the quality is good. Can you please let me know how good they are? much much better compared to the earlier releases? Because many times I don't find the quality that they are claiming.

Mr. Judge i dont really know how to tell the quality of the audio in technical terms. I used to listen to MP3' s so far. I find these CD's sound much better compared to them. Also i find oriental and INRECO are quality wise better comapred to sa re ga ma and RPG ( i got 1 CD but sound quality is poor - Raaja paarvai :x ).

rajasaranam
27th August 2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/moviewallpapers/8938.html
Stills are very impressive for this movie while the conversion to celluloid may turn out a nightmare for us :( I watched the trailer of this movie in one of Channels yesterday.

NormalMan
27th August 2008, 07:54 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14747243

Hmmm .... let's see how this turns out.

Meanwhile Rajini is also looking for a trusted producer who will be the bridge between him and the trade. The buzz is that Panju Arunachalam who has produced a lot of Rajini films in the 80's may be the chosen one.

raja_fan
27th August 2008, 08:07 PM
Panju Arunachalam for a Rajni movie ?

No chance..paavam avare panam illaamal "kuselan" maadhiri paridhaabamaa irukkaar..Rajni panam potta thaan undu :)

app_engine
27th August 2008, 08:15 PM
As IR is ever grateful to PA, if PA happens to produce a movie, he will never say 'No'!

kalnayak
27th August 2008, 08:34 PM
But I wish IR not to join this film as Rajini is hero.

venkiks
27th August 2008, 11:04 PM
IR might refer this to KR, YSR or VS.

MrJudge
28th August 2008, 10:49 AM
Mr. Judge i dont really know how to tell the quality of the audio in technical terms. I used to listen to MP3' s so far. I find these CD's sound much better compared to them. Also i find oriental and INRECO are quality wise better comapred to sa re ga ma and RPG ( i got 1 CD but sound quality is poor - Raaja paarvai :x ).

Thanks, eagle. I am just going to buy one Cd and test the quality before getting all of them. Yes, SRGMa and RPG qualities are always pathetic.

Sureshs65
28th August 2008, 11:36 AM
// Dig Sorry for this digression. I know quite of few of you are from Kerala or familiar with Kerala. I will be in Guruvayur / Calicut early next week for a day. Are there any good music shops where I can get some Malayalam audio, especially that of Illayaraja. I have most of them as mp3s and am looking for CDs. End digression//

eagle
29th August 2008, 07:47 PM
Sureshs65,
pls if u r buying GURU buy 2... :)

eagle
29th August 2008, 07:50 PM

Thanks, eagle. I am just going to buy one Cd and test the quality before getting all of them. Yes, SRGMa and RPG qualities are always pathetic.

I got 75% of the CD's... :wink: .... wen i shopped in music world for 4th time i cudnt help but to remember the LAYS add...

Kya karum control nagi hotha..... :lol:

appushiva
30th August 2008, 01:10 PM
Dear friends,

Regarding IR new audio cd's, I purchased his latest malayalam songs in "Music world" and in "Land Mark" at spencer Plaza, chennai.

Following are the cd's purchased.

1. Kangalaum Kavi paduthey - tamil
2.Dhanam - tamil
3.Innathe chinthavishayam- Mal
4.SMS - Mal
5.Sooryan - Mal

Unfortunately, telegu and kannada cd's are not available in spencer plaza.
Hence, for malayalam cd's we can able to get in chennai only for kannada and telegu we want to seek somebody in bangalore and hyderabad.
Any how the CD's quality are not like before, the producer and the music director has to intervene in the quality before its release.

Dhanam songs are with different, IR had used real violin players than keyboard. We will be happy if it continous.

Regards to all IR fans.

Shiva

crvenky
30th August 2008, 03:08 PM
Raja's visit to a shooting spot:

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/august/280808.asp

MumbaiRamki
30th August 2008, 03:50 PM
crvenky ,

can't access this page. Is this jeganmohini shoot ?

crvenky
30th August 2008, 04:03 PM
No, this is for the movie Sarithiram, directed by Sami. IR is not the MD for this movie. He just came to wish Rajkran who is acting in it. The shoot was happening in Pollachi where IR had come to visit Puravipalayam yogi's samadhi.

rajasaranam
31st August 2008, 10:53 AM
I think this guy is having a enimity with Balki. Last time when Balki announced 'Cheenikum' he came out with 'Nishabd' with a similar storyline. This time Balki has announced 'PA' and again this guy is announcing he is going to make a film with the father-son duo :(
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/32538/After-PHOONK-Ramu-direct-Amitabh-Abhishek.html

MumbaiRamki
31st August 2008, 12:09 PM
rs ,
Shld'nt be a problem. Ramu's way of showing emotions is going to be different from Balki . No way Nishabd and cheeni kum were similar !

rajasaranam
1st September 2008, 11:31 AM
SMS
http://www.nowrunning.com/movie/reviews/moviereview.aspx?movie=4263&rid=1759
http://www.nowrunning.com/movie/reviews/moviereview.aspx?movie=4263&rid=1763
Tha Intha Karumaththa Naan vaera Raaja Music'kkaaga paathu Tholaichitaen.
I spent Atleast 1.5 hrs of time outside the cinema hall smoking. If you care more about your health and wealth please avoid the movie even in DVD/TV :|

crvenky
1st September 2008, 12:11 PM
rs, how is the BGM?

rajasaranam
1st September 2008, 07:28 PM
CRV,

How much can Raaja Support for such dumb efforts! He has done a splendid job as usual but the movie sucks big time and I thought Why atall Raaja is overworking for such movies.
The moment he saw the movie he would've thought 'Enga vanthu maatikittaeno theiryala! hmmmm... namma velaiya ozhunga senju vaippom' :|

thumburu
2nd September 2008, 06:17 PM
My bad!!! I could watch only the last 10 minutes of Jaya TV's Ragamalika programme last sunday where the judges were none other than the great Sowmya and MD Sharath who is considered to be a musical wizard . The contestants were asked to sing IR songs and Iam curious to know what a genius like Sharath had to say about the compositions of another genius like IR . Could anybody here recount what Sharath had observed ?
For the song "rojapoo aadi vandhadhu" from "Agni Nakshathram", he said , though the tune was very simple, Raja's arrangement and chord progression were astounding .
For those who would like to know more of Sharath, here is the dhool link where our ex hubber MS who is very knowledgeable in music pays tribute to Sharath.
http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7606

raagas
2nd September 2008, 07:08 PM
CRV,

How much can Raaja Support for such dumb efforts! He has done a splendid job as usual but the movie sucks big time and I thought Why atall Raaja is overworking for such movies.
The moment he saw the movie he would've thought 'Enga vanthu maatikittaeno theiryala! hmmmm... namma velaiya ozhunga senju vaippom' :|

well, i always had reservations about IR's choice of films, be it now or even in 80s and 90s. His work covers everything - 'Good', 'Bad' and 'Ugly' films.

licvskumar
3rd September 2008, 12:32 PM
Every sunday 9.30 am to 10.30 am ''Ragamaliga'' programme on Jayatv. Now, '' Ilayaraja's Round'' once more. Last sunday start this round, so coming weeks continue this round. enjoy all IR Fans

Sureshs65
6th September 2008, 02:15 PM
Yesterday in the Asianet Idea Star Singer program, a guy sang "Konji Karayale", the Malayalam song tuned by Illayaraja. He was accompanied by an upcoming film singer. Sarath was one of the judges and he spoke first. I don't understand Malayalam very well but here is what I inferred. "I didn't know which one to follow, the song or the chord progression. Each one is so good. Suffice to say it has all the hallmarks of a Raja Sir song." He looks to be a big fan of Illayaraja. In an earlier episode he told one of the contestants, "First you should sing Raja sir's song as it is. That itself is tough. You can think about improvisations later". Usha Uthup remarked, "A lovely song from the king of music." The compere captured the spirit of the song when she said, "This song moves you so much. What else can I say?" An amazing song which was originally rendered so beautifully by Jesudas and Janaki.

sureshmehcnit
7th September 2008, 12:31 PM
A small quiz on Ludes of Raaja

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2008/09/ludes-of-illayaraja.html

raja_fan
7th September 2008, 03:18 PM
second in the series..

http://www.tamilhindu.com/2008/09/nuances-of-music-of-
ilayaraja/#comment-509

raja_fan
7th September 2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.tamilhindu.com/2008/09/nuances-of-music-of-ilayaraja/

eagle
7th September 2008, 11:15 PM
Every sunday 9.30 am to 10.30 am ''Ragamaliga'' programme on Jayatv. Now, '' Ilayaraja's Round'' once more. Last sunday start this round, so coming weeks continue this round. enjoy all IR Fans

Woke up at 8 o'clock and wat a disappointment it was Ar rahman round... switched off the TV went back to deep sleep.....

njv
8th September 2008, 04:52 PM

Woke up at 8 o'clock and wat a disappointment it was Ar rahman round... switched off the TV went back to deep sleep.....

eagle, r u in UK. UK has delayed programming of Jaya, similar to Vijay in US. You might get this next week.

BTW, read Vikatan (Hm... chennaila vikatan kidaikka kastamayirukku, USla enga kidaikkumnu silaper polambarathu kedkuthu). It came with a small extra book(let) as well. in that they had copies of pages from the past and one of the page had review of Annakili. Surprised, they didnt utter a word about music. The only comment was that they wish the movie was made in color. Disappointed but an older friend of mine (stage artist in NJ!) mentioned in general they dont review music in movie and reviewing music in movie came about inly in late 70s due to IR!!!

Waterloo
8th September 2008, 05:36 PM
Watched Sharatkumar's Rajasthan . IS IR the MD ? Aweful to hear ! Probably one of the main reasons why ARR took a steady lead over Raja . Such movies he could have avoided . REpetitive tones, rhythms and tasteless percussions ( synth ) :shock:

selvakumar
8th September 2008, 07:04 PM
Saw IR's speech in Koffee with anu. I was really impressed with his choice of words, language etc. His finishing gave the entire TV round an exciting finish. BM was almost on his tears after hearing that. (I assume !). I had a different impression on him before. My view got totally changed after this.

Eager to see him like this in many TV programs

Plum
8th September 2008, 07:23 PM
suresh, nalla quiz. I revisited some outstanding songs in the last 6-7 years.

irir123
8th September 2008, 07:26 PM
selvakumar - can u provide the link for the Coffee with Anu show with IR ? thanks

selvakumar
8th September 2008, 07:56 PM
selvakumar - can u provide the link for the Coffee with Anu show with IR ? thanks
Link illa.. But from TV serials sections, I heard the previous episodes are available at techsathish. Not sure whether the episode is available there or not. It is blocked here. check it out yourself
http://techsatish.net/

MumbaiRamki
8th September 2008, 08:38 PM
D Imaan remixed Raajathi Raaja song .
Different Remix -> Folkish remix . Not enjoyable ,but neither is it a ear destroyer , since it is folkish.

Shankar
9th September 2008, 02:08 PM
njv,
When someone had asked about why there was no mention of Raja in Annakili review, in the letters to the editor, the vikatan vimarsana kuzhu/editor mentioned "adhukku thAn 16 vayadhinilE reviewla, annakkili hit Anadhu fluke illai nu mention paNNittOmE" :-)

Raja had got 65% for 16 vayadhinilE...and kamal if I remember right, got 90%

app_engine
9th September 2008, 08:57 PM
http://www.dinamalar.com/piraidhalgal/ananthavikadan/piraithal_ananthavikadan1.asp

"அப்பா பண்ணினதில் ஒரு சதவிகிதமாவது பண்ணனும்" - யுவன்

rajasaranam
10th September 2008, 12:05 AM
here is the trailer of the movie 'srk' :)
http://www.rajshri.com/trivia/nowplaying.asp?band=low&fileID=triviaPromo147
It indeed seems to be the remake of 'Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy' but the movie seems fresh with good shots/visuals. I expect Raaja to give some fresh music instead of rehashing :)
The trailer music should be ripped off from some song of the movie I think?

I saw the poster of the movie in 'Mayajaal', the tag line was srk - 'there is a bit of him in all of us'

Lets wait for another hit of Raaja in Hindi :)

MumbaiRamki
10th September 2008, 06:20 AM
SRK , by raaja ?

MumbaiRamki
10th September 2008, 06:21 AM
Rs ,
First some promo fo rajshri films was played after which nothing came .ANy other link to click >

MumbaiRamki
10th September 2008, 06:27 AM
Guess this part has raaja telling bt BM>
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=fzREgct9C9U&feature=related

rajasaranam
10th September 2008, 08:50 AM
Rs ,
First some promo fo rajshri films was played after which nothing came .ANy other link to click >

I've uploaded it here :)
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=K8GYsLLx0ps

raagas
10th September 2008, 11:41 AM
Rs ,

I've uploaded it here :)
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=K8GYsLLx0ps

hey thanks for that... the anticipation kicks off. The male singer in the BGM sounded like Shaan.

krish244
10th September 2008, 03:57 PM
Looks like this is the movie that unites Gulzar and IR. Title music sounds apt. Yes, even I feel its Shaan. I hope IR has used Shaan/Sonu and the likes for songs as well.

http://www.buzz18.com/news/movies/guess-who-is-the-new-srk/42401/0

thanks,

Krishnan

raagas
10th September 2008, 05:04 PM
there was one more film in hindi, for which IR was compsing music. its called 'Chal Chale". Any idea about that?

rajasaranam
11th September 2008, 12:27 AM
hey thanks for that... the anticipation kicks off. The male singer in the BGM sounded like Shaan.

I too thinks its shaan/Sonu but Is the voice chanting 'boop... boopoop...' Raaja Himself :|

MumbaiRamki
11th September 2008, 06:16 AM
SRK trailer is ok . Not much anticipation from the trailer.

krish244
11th September 2008, 10:38 AM

I too thinks its shaan/Sonu but Is the voice chanting 'boop... boopoop...' Raaja Himself :|

I dont think its IR. The effect is good.

thanks,

Krishnan

njv
11th September 2008, 03:50 PM
Saw IR's speech in Koffee with anu. I was really impressed with his choice of words, language etc. His finishing gave the entire TV round an exciting finish. BM was almost on his tears after hearing that. (I assume !). I had a different impression on him before. My view got totally changed after this.

Eager to see him like this in many TV programs

i was about to post this. The Ad is coming in Vijay TV. This will be aired this Saturday. I couldnt hear properly, for a second, Gandhiji came to my mind when I saw Raja sitting in that pose.

Sanjeevi
12th September 2008, 03:15 PM
இளையராஜாவின் 875 - வது படம்!!

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/09/12-illayaraaja-875th-film.html#cmntTop

rajasaranam
12th September 2008, 03:30 PM
இளையராஜாவின் 875 - வது படம்!!

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/09/12-illayaraaja-875th-film.html#cmntTop

VelaikkAvathu :evil:

kameshratnam
12th September 2008, 07:14 PM
If we keep the straight films as even 600...they are 500 musical chapters/lessons in rerecording

app_engine
12th September 2008, 08:37 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=438062&disdate=9/12/2008

'ரீமிக்ஸ்'

'இளமை ஊஞ்சலாடுகிறது' என்ற பழைய படத்தில் இடம்பெற்ற 'தண்ணி கறுத்திருக்கு' என்ற பாடல், 'என்னை தெரியுமா?' படத்துக்காக 'ரீமிக்ஸ்' செய்யப்பட்டு இருக்கிறது. அதில் மனோஜ்குமாரும், சினேகா உல்லாலும் நடித்து இருக்கிறார்கள்.

"இந்த பாடலை பயன்படுத்திக்கொள்ள இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவிடம் அனுமதி பெறப்பட்டதா?" என்று கதாநாயகன் மனோஜ்குமாரிடம் கேட்கப்பட்டது. அதற்கு மனோஜ்குமார் பதில் அளித்தார். அவர் கூறியதாவது:-

"இளையராஜாவிடம் நான் தான் பேசினேன். "அங்கிள், உங்கள் பாடலை பயன்படுத்திக்கொள்ளலாமா?" என்று கேட்டேன்.

அதற்கு இளையராஜா, "டேய், நீ என் தம்பி பையன்டா. யார் யாரோ என் பாடலை ரீமிக்ஸ் செய்து கெடுத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். என்னிடம் கேட்காமலே நீ பயன்படுத்தி இருக்கலாம். உனக்கு உரிமை இருக்கிறது" என்று கூறினார்."

dochu
13th September 2008, 01:24 AM
according to IMDB, IR has done 899 films already. I hope to see him touching 1000.

licvskumar
13th September 2008, 09:47 AM
Maestro's total movies

Tamil - 768 (With Dubbing)
Telugu - 158 (with Dubbing)
Malayalam - 50 (with Dubbing)
Kannada - 36 (with dubbing)
Hindi - 30 (with dubbing)
English - 1

Total - 1043 movies completed. Nethu vantha MD iyellam Dubbing movie (with out BGM) movie yellam kanakku vechukirargal.

Plum
14th September 2008, 09:32 PM
adhu yaaru manoj kumar - IR thambi payyan? Endha thambi?

MumbaiRamki
15th September 2008, 06:53 AM
Manoj kumar== bharathi raaja's son !

licvskumar
15th September 2008, 09:40 AM
No,

He is Son of Telugu Actor Mohan babu.

Sanjeevi
15th September 2008, 11:19 AM
Who is music director of Ennai Theriyuma. Songs are good to listen :)

crvenky
15th September 2008, 03:43 PM
Reg. No. of movies IR has done, check this posting 3 years back:

http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=10517&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=210

http://www.dinakaran.com/weekly/tamil/velli/2005/Mar/04/chips.html

It says IR is going to score for his 1000th film. I think nobody is sure about the No. of movies he has done so far.

Also, SPB has been telling in all his programs that MSV has scored 1400+ movies which is the highest record in the world. This is also not an authentic info, as MSV's website (http://www.msvtimes.com/journey/filmography.html) shows only about 650 movies.

dochu
15th September 2008, 04:25 PM
Could IMDB be authentic? I know users can write comments, bibliograpy etc, but not sure how that huge listing got there.

No way - MSV has scored beyond 1000. Maybe he is referring to the combo (MSV + R) + MSV. Even then 1000 movies - ....?!!

I used to wonder, isn't this itself a guinness record? I am yet to find a western composer reaching such a high mile mark.

rajasaranam
15th September 2008, 06:41 PM
Including the Dubbed ones Raaja should've reached that magic 1000 no. Mark long back :)
I myself have around 205 Telugu movies, 650 Tamil movies 25 Hindi movies 55 Malayalam movies and around 15 Kannada movies making it to a total of around 950 Titles, give or take a few Nos. some albums are Incomplete but still searching and updating My DB Regularly :)

crvenky
15th September 2008, 07:41 PM
This is a remake of Vechukka unna mattum from Nallavanukku Nallavan. Can anybody tell me this movie name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkQA3zXBNc0

In fact, the interludes are melodious than the original dappanguthu.

MumbaiRamki
15th September 2008, 09:24 PM
Including the Dubbed ones Raaja should've reached that magic 1000 no. Mark long back :)
I myself have around 205 Telugu movies, 650 Tamil movies 25 Hindi movies 55 Malayalam movies and around 15 Kannada movies making it to a total of around 950 Titles, give or take a few Nos. some albums are Incomplete but still searching and updating My DB Regularly :)

You have 950 titles !!!!! wow !

rajasaranam
16th September 2008, 11:18 AM
You have 950 titles !!!!! wow !

Actually that was a mistake! I recounted yesterday and found I have exactly 1034 Titles :D Tamil movies alone is 736 titles :oops: