PDA

View Full Version : Dada back in TEAM INDIA (Poll Dada or Dravid)

rockydeva
29th November 2006, 11:25 AM
Its a HOT news in todays Dina Thandhi

This call is because of his 116 in Duleep tropy and quick fire 43 and 3 wickets in ranji trophy which leads bangal win

Come back DADA we waiting for you :D :D :D :D :redjump: :bluejump:

Unicorn
29th November 2006, 11:27 AM
lock :cool:
go to sports forum :)

leosimha
29th November 2006, 03:00 PM
will he...won't he...

kb
29th November 2006, 10:05 PM
dada with the worldcup and sachin with man of the series in worldcup2007.. wow

they both shud get the best exit in cricketing careers :D :D :D

Ramakrishna
29th November 2006, 10:06 PM
Nalla ennam :)

MADDY
29th November 2006, 11:48 PM
http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2006/nov/29indsalead01.htm

tommorow is the judgement day :D

kb
30th November 2006, 01:36 AM

its already decided.. seeing todays match progress :wink:

rockydeva
30th November 2006, 12:49 PM
it is officially declarred that ganguly selected for test team

goto rediff.com for more details

rockydeva
30th November 2006, 12:50 PM
:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

umaramesh
30th November 2006, 12:53 PM
It is certain that GANGULY GOT SELECTED .

I think tough time for ganguly. SA says they have prepared friendly pitches for one day and they will prepare bouncy tracks for test matches. Now they realised that we are very poor against fast bowling and it is certian that test match will not be easy.

it is not time for celebration. Pressure is on ganguly AND HYPE THEY HAVE CREATED IN THE MEDIA.

regards
ramesh

rockydeva
30th November 2006, 12:53 PM

its already decided.. seeing todays match progress :wink:

Bringing DADA back is already decided thats why Dravid is move by saying injury

rockydeva
30th November 2006, 12:57 PM
It is certain that GANGULY GOT SELECTED .

I think tough time for ganguly. SA says they have prepared friendly pitches for one day and they will prepare bouncy tracks for test matches. Now they realised that we are very poor against fast bowling and it is certian that test match will not be easy.

it is not time for celebration. Pressure is on ganguly AND HYPE THEY HAVE CREATED IN THE MEDIA.

regards
ramesh

Ya offcourse ramesh thats the gangulies weakness

now all the eyes looking at him,if he managed to survive with so 40 to 50 hard runs in the board that is enough

Else the thing will be back fired for him and that is the end of his carear

Hope DADA will bounce back,

Now a days he is in touch ,he had a century in dleep tropy and a all round performance in Ranji trophy

I think ganguly may strongly come back

Nakeeran
30th November 2006, 01:27 PM
Recalling Dada for tests is a wrong step. I suspect some malice by selectors here. They want him to fail and they know in tests he is not comfortable . Cheap tactics by selectors.

Lets welcome Dada for onedayers. He should play up to world cup atleast.

Dada and Sachin lifting the world cup is my dream .

kb
30th November 2006, 02:39 PM
Recalling Dada for tests is a wrong step. I suspect some malice by selectors here. They want him to fail and they know in tests he is not comfortable . Cheap tactics by selectors.

2 billion eyes with the same single dream 8-) 8-) 8-)

MADDY
30th November 2006, 02:52 PM

hmmm, u have a point here Nakkee.........they always bring him for tests and then they show that he is a failure.......he is a better one day player.....lets see, what happens at last....

one thing's for sure - this chappall guy has totally confused the team composition and we are going to return from WIndies empty handed...... :evil:

MADDY
30th November 2006, 03:52 PM
here comes the News folks:

http://us.rediff.com/cricket/2006/nov/30indsalead02.htm?q=tp&file=.htm

:thumbsup: ....best of luck daada....

Nerd
1st December 2006, 01:45 AM

now, THIS is a good point :)

Wibha
1st December 2006, 07:42 AM

:yes: :yes:

Sanguine Sridhar
1st December 2006, 09:19 AM
ganguly is useless as a batsman now,he should be the captain..else it is going to be same result! :huh: namma team selectors rombha thaan arivaaligala irrukaanga :lol2:

leosimha
1st December 2006, 11:21 AM
wow....dada is back in team india...

Thirumaran
1st December 2006, 12:08 PM

Very Valid :)

Though i did not like many things he did in the later part of his carreer the treatment the selectors and chappel he undergone in the past 1 year was very rude.

Everyone knows he is lot a better batsmen in ODI than in tests.

But i hope he does reasonably well in Tests so that to be selected in WC.
As u mentioned like to see the best opening pair in ODI in action soon :P

umaramesh
1st December 2006, 12:48 PM
Whether it is one day or test match we need solid start. Openers should stay at least one session. With current form I dont think jaffer and gambhir can negotiate pace of Ntini and pollock.
If possible play your natural game and attack. Ganguly made a point that batsman should play square of the wicket in SA. I think most of our batsman try to placy with rise (as they use to do in home soil).

Early wicket will bring more pressure to middle order that too our super stars are out of form now. Hope Dravid/VVS will make at least respectable total .

VVS should bat at No:3 followed by dravid/tendulkar/Ganguly folowed by dhoni. At least in paper this line up looks better.

I think Gambhir and schewag is best option now.
we can go with zaheer/munaf/sreesanth/kumble with Ganguly as a optional bowler.

regards
ramesh

Nakeeran
1st December 2006, 12:49 PM
ganguly is useless as a batsman now,he should be the captain..else it is going to be same result! :huh: namma team selectors rombha thaan arivaaligala irrukaanga :lol2:

SS sir

Sometime earlier, you had mentioned that Dravid is playing with brains more than his cricket . :roll: Ahha ohoo uhooonu pugazndhu thaliineenga on Dravid's captaincy. Eppadi ippo Thongu sorry Ganguly fan agiteenga :wink:

Sanguine Sridhar
1st December 2006, 01:11 PM
Dravid is the best captain when the team is doing better...he can lead the team by 'a pat on the back'...what do you expect captain to do when all his players playing like songees :huh:

now i say yes to thonguli sorry ganguly :lol2: because he can act as a drill master and can motivate the team, which dravid is not in a position to do.

btw sir I am not permanently against him! :huh: I respect him as a very good captain but defly not as a class batsman :lol2:

Nakeeran
1st December 2006, 01:37 PM
Dravid is the best captain when the team is doing better...he can lead the team by 'a pat on the back'...what do you expect captain to do when all his players playing like songees :huh:

now i say yes to thonguli sorry ganguly :lol2: because he can act as a drill master and can motivate the team, which dravid is not in a position to do.

btw sir I am not permanently against him! :huh: I respect him as a very good captain but defly not as a class batsman :lol2:

Dravid became Greg Chappell's KAIPULLA :lol: and both plotted the sacking of Dada and VVS :lol: and paid a heavy price.

Look, captaincy is something which nobody can be taught. Its all presence of mind and how you visualize a given situation .

Well, there are several examples of Ganguly's great plans . Let me give u some few ex.

a. Using Dravid as a keeper cum batsman. This allowed one addl player
b. Promoted Sehwag as an opener . Rest is history
c. Himself came up the order
d. Motivated Yuvraj and Kaif. Unfortunately, they are not doing well today
e. Irfan pathan / Turbanator . Many names who all were groomed by Dada

In recent years, India was the only team to have come close to winning a series in Australia :D This itself is a great feat . The catalyst was a captain's knock at Brisbane

avven
1st December 2006, 01:43 PM
dada is back in the team :D :bluejump: ....he is surely going to rock as how he was rocking in his eariler days...looking forward to to see his match...all the very best dada....

rockydeva
2nd December 2006, 02:47 PM
dada is back in the team :D :bluejump: ....he is surely going to rock as how he was rocking in his eariler days...looking forward to to see his match...all the very best dada....

Dont watch with this much hype,this will put lot of pressure on him,
leave him to play his natural game

Come back DADA

rockydeva
4th December 2006, 11:32 AM
My team is

Shewag
Sachin
Ganguly ( captain )
Dravid / vvs lakshman
Yuvaraj singh
kaif / Dinesh mongia
Dhoni
irfan pathan
Zaheer khan
Harbajan / Kumble
Munaf patel

c4ramesh
7th December 2006, 06:36 PM
on Ganguly's innings of 66* (113b 10x4), Cricinfo has this to say:
On his first innings of the tour, Ganguly has managed what no other Indian batsman has managed in five ODIs and one Twenty20 game.

need one say more? :wink:

selvakumar
7th December 2006, 06:43 PM
on Ganguly's innings of 66* (113b 10x4), Cricinfo has this to say:
On his first innings of the tour, Ganguly has managed what no other Indian batsman has managed in five ODIs and one Twenty20 game.

need one say more? :wink:

Let us get ready for the ONE OF THE BEST OPENING PAIRs of ALL TIME

GOD - DADA to sizzle at SA !

ALL THE BEST GANGULY ! - Dude, Prove yourself there ! :) like how you started there in the 90s :D

ajaybaskar
7th December 2006, 07:20 PM
Dada back with a bang...

rajnifan
12th December 2006, 06:21 AM
oh yeah!! DADA has played a very gud innings of 83 in the first match!

i am sure he will bounce back in the test series and would be back for the world cuP!

Wibha
13th December 2006, 06:31 AM
i am sure he will bounce back in the test series and would be back for the world cuP!

yes DADA will b back for world CUP :yes: :yes:

rockydeva
13th December 2006, 03:40 PM

yes DADA will b back for world CUP :yes: :yes:

wibha ofcourse he must be in world cup 2007,

but as of now let him play in 1st test and score some runs ,
that is more important for him to struck back to the team.

i think DADA in great form we will score runs

Nerd
12th January 2007, 09:39 PM
Yes. He is back. Hardwork has paid him :thumbsup:

Sehwag axed and rightly so :twisted:

rockydeva
22nd January 2007, 11:44 AM
DADA stroms in INDIA win

Scores 98 with 11 fours and 3 huge sixes

Arthi
22nd January 2007, 01:30 PM
no doubt Dada is the best :D

rockydeva
22nd January 2007, 02:57 PM
no doubt Dada is the best :D
we all know he is the best

but he has to sustain this to select for WORLD CUP

Thamizh-ahsan
17th February 2007, 05:52 AM
Dada Rocks in every match guys.
He seems to be the most consistent of the whole lot.
Dhoni coming closer...

kb
17th February 2007, 04:00 PM
ganguly 3 sixes as of now in the 4th onedayer..

total 176 sixes in odis :o

karthik_sa2
17th February 2007, 06:16 PM
dada's fourth 50 in six innings. :thumbsup: he is truly back on his old ways :clap: for those of u who made all funny jokes,puns riddicules on him this shall be a bang on their face.dada and little master in form assures a promising world cup tour for india :D

villan007
17th February 2007, 11:10 PM
whatta comeback... nethiadi to all the critics ;)

phoenix :notworthy:

Sanguine Sridhar
18th February 2007, 09:57 PM
good that Ganguly is back to his natural form. Innaiki varaikkum offside-layum, erangi nachunu six adikiradhulayum Ganguly maadhri yaarum kedayaadhu!!

Oh My God!! Now-a-days, I am pronouncing Ganguly name properly! :o Sir enna munna maadhriya :lol2:

Nerd
18th February 2007, 10:03 PM
Oh My God!! Now-a-days, I am pronouncing Ganguly name properly! :o Sir enna munna maadhriya :lol2:

:rotfl:

But let him face some REAL bowling :P Then I guess you would be back to thonguli :lol: Anyway I wish that wont happen. He is in great touch and thats indeed a GREAT sign :victory:

asan
14th April 2007, 04:33 AM
dada with the worldcup and sachin with man of the series in worldcup2007.. wow

they both shud get the best exit in cricketing careers :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

Jilaba
2nd July 2007, 01:05 PM
Dada always in standard form...

He picked two wonderful SA wickets yesterday.

rockydeva
2nd July 2007, 05:00 PM
Dada always in standard form...

He picked two wonderful SA wickets yesterday.

:yes:

intha thread innum uyirodu irrukA.. :D

Nakeeran
2nd July 2007, 05:03 PM
Though I will vociferously support Dada on any day, the fact is that he is not really at his best still while playing short pitch deliveries or the ones that get slanted across.

Right from the worldcup, somehow , he has been scoring but not with great authority

Its all pure guts , typical of dada ! the ability to stand up and fight despite all odds

rockydeva
2nd July 2007, 05:07 PM
Though I will vociferously support Dada on any day, the fact is that he is not really at his best still while playing short pitch deliveries or the ones that get slanted across.

Right from the worldcup, somehow , he has been scoring but not with great authority

Its all pure guts , typical of dada ! the ability to stand up and fight despite all odds

Nakeeran :thumbsup: , i am backing GANGULY for one reason... his GUTS , Fighting ability ...

see another example.. he was AXED worstly and now he come back strongly and proving himself

sgokulprathap
14th September 2007, 03:05 PM
Dravid resigned. :D
Time for dada now?

karthik_sa2
21st January 2008, 01:01 PM
again ganguly dropped fror the next one day series....justification given is younger players are better in fielding.....inspite of ganguly coming up like phoenix and performing better than any younger players now.. selection commitee is a bunch of morons...

Devar Magan
21st January 2008, 01:32 PM
rendu perume gaali :lol:

CEDYBLUE
21st January 2008, 02:35 PM
feel sorry for both of them as they have been great servants of indian cricket.....onus on dhoni and his 20-20 boys to come good.

selvakumar
12th February 2008, 05:38 PM
[tscii:5802fbe842]http://www.hindu.com/2008/02/12/stories/2008021260641800.htm

‘I have accepted my omission’

Ganguly says he has a lot of faith in Dilip Vengsarkar

— FILE Photo: K. Bhagya Prakash

KEEPING A LOW PROFILE: Sourav Ganguly has taken his omission from the ODI squad in his stride.

Kolkata: Breaking his silence over his omission from India’s ODI team, Sourav Ganguly on Monday said that it was “disappointing” because his one-day record is next best after Sachin Tendulkar, but he had “accepted” the selectors’ decision.

A reticent former Indian captain was unwilling to be drawn into any discussion on his being ignored but even then his hurt shows.

“I am disappointed just like any other cricketer in not being a part of the one-day side as I had a great year last year and my one-day record is probably the next best after Sachin. It is disappointing but then I have accepted it,” he told PTI in an interview.

Ganguly refused to answer questions about reports that he and Rahul Dravid were left out of the ODI team on the insistence of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni. “I do not want to talk about it,” he said.
Right direction

On whether experience should be sacrificed for youth and whether India was going in the right direction in preparing for the 2011 World Cup: “I know my answer, but I keep it with myself. I must say that 2011 World Cup is still a long way away. But I have a lot of faith in (Chief Selector) Dilip Vengsarkar, he is somebody whom I respect quite a lot and I am sure good things will happen under him.”

He said it was hard to predict how many more years the seniors would play. “It is difficult to say how many more years we all will play. It depends on performance, because that’s what matters in cricket.”

Ganguly expressed satisfaction with the appointment of Gary Kirsten as the coach and said he wanted to put the Greg Chappell episode behind him.

“The team has got Gary Kirsten as the coach. He was with us in Australia during the last two Test matches and we look forward to exciting times ahead with him. Regarding the Greg Chappell episode, I do not want to talk about it.”

Ganguly also said praised Anil Kumble’s captaincy. “I think he has done fantastically well as the captain. His strength is his man management skills and the tremendous confidence he has in his players.”

He said he had not spoken to Shah Rukh Khan, who has backed the former Indian skipper to captain Kolkata team in the Indian Premier League: “I have not spoken to Shah Rukh Khan yet. Let me speak to him and then we will see where it goes.”

About the recent acrimony between Indian and Australian players: “I really do not want to talk about it much because a lot of things have been spoken and done. It’s good that they have all gone back to cricket because that’s what matters at the end of the day.”

Whether unruly behaviour by players can be checked by tough umpires: “I think the umpires are tough in the field now-a-days. But sometimes certain things happen at the heat of the moment and the best thing is to sort it out amicably.”
On technology

Use of technology in umpiring: “I think there should be a balance of technology in the umpires’ role. But we must realise that we all make mistakes and mistakes will happen always. As a cricketer, I feel that if the field umpires get a bit of help in the matter of the front foot no ball from the technology as they have in tennis, then they can concentrate and look only towards the batsman and that can reduce mistakes, because things happen fast in the cricket field.” — PTI[/tscii:5802fbe842]

Raghu
12th February 2008, 06:16 PM
dada is a better player than Dravid, dravid is good for test not for ODI

ajithfederer
13th February 2008, 02:11 AM
Feel very bad for ganguly and dravid as well :( :(. Sachin please wake up before this happens to you 8-)

ajithfederer
13th February 2008, 02:36 AM
[tscii:f4e0e905d6]http://www.ibnlive.com/news/missing-out-on-odis-in-oz-disappointing-ganguly/58701-5.html

Former India captain Sourav Ganguly is “disappointed” that he has been left out of the ODI series in Australia but accepts the selectors’ decision and says it would be “good fun” to play for IPL. “Things happen at times and you have to accept it,” he told CNN-IBN Correspondent Sukarno Sen in an interview in Kolkata.

Sukarno Sen: IPL is a new job for you. Are you going to captain the Kolkata team?

Sourav Ganguly: Yes, that is what I have heard and it will be good fun to play Twenty20 cricket which will be in the county format. It will be good.

Sukarno Sen: For Shahrukh Khan's team, what will be the team?

Sourav Ganguly: In this case the bidding is different. When you lead a team you always want to pick the best players whether it is a Kallis, or a Gilchrist or a Pollock or a Brett Lee or whoever–be it Shane Warne, Afridi, Yousuf. You want to pick the best players but it doesn’t work like that. There are eight teams bidding for players, so it depends on other teams as well.

Sukarno Sen: You had a very good record last year and now watching television—watching the one-day matches—isn't it frustrating?

Sourav Ganguly: It is disappointing because I have been in great form last year. Probably scored the most runs in the world last year, if you take both forms of the game. And then to miss out on a one-day series in Australia, which is always a challenging place to play cricket, is disappointing. But that is the way it is. Sachin is playing in one-day cricket and rest of us are not.

I think giving chance to players depend on the selectors. At the end of the day, it is the selectors’ decision who they want to pick and who you they don't want to pick. And performance will guide them who to pick and who not to pick.

But as I said before I am disappointed not being a part of the one-day team because of my performance last year and my over-all record as a one-day player. But that is the way it is. But then things happen at times and you have to accept it.

Sukarno Sen: Did you see any outstanding fielding in this few matches in Australia? The reason that was shown (for keeping you out) to you was slow fielding.

Sourav Ganguly: Whatever it is. It is not fair for me to say. I have been around for quite a long time and I have a responsibility to Indian cricket. So, I don't think pointing things out is right for somebody like me whose played for so long.

I wish Dhoni and his team well. They did well against Australia last night (Sunday) but there is still lot of one-day games to go in this series. I wish them well and I hope India wins.[/tscii:f4e0e905d6]

Arthi
13th February 2008, 09:56 AM
I support Ganguly :) simply bcoz of his fighting spirit :thumbsup:

Billgates
13th February 2008, 10:17 AM
Since fielding was the aspect cited for SG's sacking, Sachin also should feel the heat. The thankless selectors may soon threaten Sachin also. I think, now he has escaped their purview bcaz of the iconic status he enjoys .

Sachin should retire from Onedayers in glory. Not the way being illtreated like Dada or Dravid.

Nerd
13th February 2008, 10:19 AM
Since fielding was the aspect cited for SG's sacking, Sachin also should feel the heat. The thankless selectors may soon threaten Sachin also. I think, now he has escaped their purview bcaz of the iconic status he enjoys .

Sachin-a thookkinA bus eRiyum.. Vengsarkar veet-la guNdu vedikkum.. Dhoni, naan edhuvumE sollala :lol2:

ajithfederer
13th February 2008, 10:22 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: Erkanave main sachin communityla avane panthaduraanga :lol2:

Sachin-a thookkinA bus eRiyum.. Vengsarkar veet-la guNdu vedikkum.. Dhoni, naan edhuvumE sollala :lol2:

Kalyasi
13th February 2008, 11:09 AM

Thappu Thappu.. Panthaduraar Nerd endru sollavum.. paavam dhoni... Nerd thittuna thittu ellam paatha captaincy ye vanaam nu sonnalum acharya padathukku illa...

ajithfederer
13th February 2008, 11:14 AM
No kalyasi , Post ODI Selection announcement dhoni has lost the favour from sachin orkut communty fans. Thats what I meant !!!!!

Yen ellarthukkum nerd perae solreenga :roll:

Thappu Thappu.. Panthaduraar Nerd endru sollavum.. paavam dhoni... Nerd thittuna thittu ellam paatha captaincy ye vanaam nu sonnalum acharya padathukku illa...

Nerd
13th February 2008, 11:22 AM
adhaanE.. EKKI :banghead:

Kalyasi
13th February 2008, 03:56 PM
Seri en statement a thiruppi vangikaren... Dhoni palaraal panthadapadugiraar...

Wibha
14th February 2008, 08:22 AM

good :x

i miss dada :cry: especially as a captain :( he was so awesome :D :cry:

Kalyasi
14th February 2008, 08:51 AM

good :x

i miss dada :cry: especially as a captain :( he was so awesome :D :cry:

One af the best ever captain of Indian cricket team.. I still remember after his comeback he was interviewed by Times Now... and the interviewer asked him.. "So Sourav Now you are the Comeback King" Dada Replied " Ya a KING without a Kingdom" Chance illa....

Also in one of the match which India lost against Srilanka even when sachin scored a very slow hundred which was his 26th... Dada in the presentation told " It doesn't matter if you score 26 of 30 centuries u'll have to make your team win"

Very Straight fwd...

Kalyasi
18th February 2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Interview-with-Ganguly-I-am-disappointed/271688/

ThalaNass
18th February 2008, 12:19 PM
DADA :cry3: