PDA

View Full Version : Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ramky
5th December 2006, 03:10 PM
Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

There's a similar thread in Tamil Films & Western Films section, but none here - for Hindi and other language Indian Films.

So here hubbers can post the names of the last Bollywood, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, (and other Indian languages / dialects) film that you saw recently :).

And also if possible post a brief review - whether you would recommend it for viewing? Maybe rate the movie by allotting stars (*) in a scale of 1 to 5. :)

ramky
5th December 2006, 03:14 PM
The most recent film i saw is : REHNA HAI TERE DIL MEIN, *ing Madhavan, Diya Mirza & Saif Ali Khan. Its a remake of the tamil hit "Minnale", and the tunes of most (if not all) songs are based on the tamil versions. :).

"Zara zara bahekta hai mahekta hai" is superb, both in its lilting music, picturisation and lyrics. well sung by Bombay Jayashree who had also sung the tamil version - "Vaseegara" :musicsmile:.

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 03:48 PM
Vivah :)

Designer
28th January 2007, 03:04 PM
FANAA

Saamy
28th January 2007, 03:31 PM
i hate bollywood... i wont see their movies, even if they pay me to watch their movies..

Erica
28th January 2007, 09:29 PM
Bhagam Bhag :banghead: OMG......Is this what they call comedy? :shock:
It was just a fusion of an old tamil movie ( svsekar and pandiarajan movie) and his( priyadarshan's) own snekithiye :)

Paresh Rawal was too good :rotfl:

great
29th January 2007, 12:01 AM
It was just a fusion of an old tamil movie ( svsekar and pandiarajan movie) and his( priyadarshan's) own snekithiye :)

Its Kadhanayagan actually its remake of Mallu movie dont remember the name though mohanlal was the hero.

Surya
29th January 2007, 05:40 AM
Guru 8-)

great
29th January 2007, 07:39 PM

:notthatway:
Copy Cat Priyan flicked this movie from Marati movie Bindhasth

Anoushka
30th January 2007, 05:37 PM
Fanaa

Anoushka
30th January 2007, 05:38 PM

Its Kadhanayagan actually its remake of Mallu movie dont remember the name though mohanlal was the hero. Kadhanayagan was the remake of the Malayalam movie Nadodikaatu...

Erica
30th January 2007, 08:59 PM
:notthatway:
Copy Cat Priyan flicked this movie from Marati movie Bindhasth
:o :shock:

Ramakrishna
30th January 2007, 09:07 PM
Dhoom 2

buddysathi
31st January 2007, 12:07 AM
Guru! Good for an 'hindi' movie but not upto Maniratnam standards!

MADDY
31st January 2007, 10:24 PM
GURU

and Maniratnam stands tall and comes out with his head held high after this movies' stupendous success.....there are only 3 good directors in India and they are:

Mani, Mani and Mani..... :)

Saamy
1st February 2007, 08:53 AM
GURU

and Maniratnam stands tall and comes out with his head held high after this movies' stupendous success.....there are only 3 good directors in India and they are:

Mani, Mani and Mani..... :) u mean there are no other good directors :lol: :lol:

Wibha
1st February 2007, 08:55 AM
GURU.......

sahana6
3rd February 2007, 10:32 AM
GURU.......

guru was good. but how cum u dont like maddy?

Surya
4th February 2007, 12:56 AM
GURU.......

Shez just pissed off because Maddy kissed Vidhya Balan! :lol2:

Surya
4th February 2007, 12:56 AM
I saw Vivah again with Shahid Kapoor and Amrita Rao. :clap: :clap: It was like the cutest movie ever! :D

Surya
4th February 2007, 06:54 AM
Just finished Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. 8-)

Man! Is that an awesome movie or what!? 8-)

Wibha
4th February 2007, 09:40 AM
GURU.......

Shez just pissed off because Maddy kissed Vidhya Balan! :lol2:

surya :hammer:

:notthatway: der r many guys here who r jealous that i like maddy... :poke: .so they made a trap and made me put i hate maddy....tat's all :D

Wibha
4th February 2007, 09:54 AM
I saw Vivah again with Shahid Kapoor and Amrita Rao. :clap: :clap: It was like the cutest movie ever! :D

yes it's a very cuuteeee movie........tension free.the exact meaning of a movie........2 hrs of entertainment :D

Designer
4th February 2007, 09:56 AM

Surya : yep the movie is tops :)

Wibha
4th February 2007, 10:00 AM
just saw NAACH

:clap: what a movie.........she dances so well :clap: :clap: :clap:

abhishek has also done well........... songs :thumbsup:

Surya
6th February 2007, 03:46 AM

Surya : yep the movie is tops :)

All Time Favs! :thumbsup: Karan Johar rocks! 8-)

Surya
6th February 2007, 03:47 AM
just saw NAACH

When did this movie come out?

Wibha
6th February 2007, 07:02 AM
just saw NAACH

When did this movie come out?

in 2004

Erica
6th February 2007, 10:49 PM
just saw NAACH

Do you think that was dance :roll: .......but for me it looked like a gymnastic :lol: Her body is so flexible but for some reason i hate this female Antra Maali :banghead:

Designer
9th February 2007, 09:15 PM
DIL TOH PAAGAL HAI - romantic film (1997) *ing SRK, Madhuri Dixit, Akshay Kumar, Karishma Kapoor. songs became quite popular :). those who liked KKHH, DDLJ must watch this one too ;-)

Anoushka
15th February 2007, 02:38 PM
Saw the second half of Shabd yesterday... I think I would have appreciated the movie more if I saw the whole movie... any one else has seen this? :)

ajaybaskar
23rd February 2007, 05:28 PM
Sarkar..NOT BAD

ssanjinika
6th March 2007, 09:33 AM
Watched Eklavya. The movie was hyped up so much that my expectations were so high..ended up being dissappointed. Its not a bad movie. Watch without expectations and its an interesting movie to watch.

Shakthiprabha.
6th March 2007, 10:21 PM
Eklavya.

I second ss.

Good enough. It was like watching an AVERAGE english movie.

ajaybaskar
10th March 2007, 03:41 PM
Krish...Boring one...

Shakthiprabha.
10th March 2007, 06:38 PM
How bout

Nishabd?

is it good?

Surya
11th March 2007, 01:02 AM
Krish...Boring one...

If it isn't seen in the theater, then it's only worth watching for Hrithik Roshan. 8-)

sahana6
11th March 2007, 06:03 AM
How bout

Nishabd?

is it good?

depends on how you look at it.

Wibha
21st March 2007, 07:13 AM
i started watching SALAAM-E ISHQ :banghead: found it boring

den watched SALAAM NAMASTE :cool: nothing much to say bout da movie :?

ssanjinika
21st March 2007, 08:59 AM
SALAAM-E-ISHQ

:banghead:
3 1/2 hours wasted time..ofcourse I managed to finish watching the movie in about an hour and a half.

Wibha
21st March 2007, 09:23 AM
:lol: i found it so annoying.i decided to watch it as my frnds told it was cool :banghead: saw first 15 mins and den :banghead: :banghead:

Shakthiprabha.
21st March 2007, 11:37 AM
How bout

Nishabd?

is it good?

depends on how you look at it.

I saw NISHABD.

I felt sad.. :roll: :(

Anoushka
23rd March 2007, 04:19 PM
salam-e-ishq

veeeeeeeeeeeeeery looooooooooooong movie :)

Anoushka
23rd March 2007, 04:21 PM
Sandy: I went to the theatre to watch that movie... didn't have the luxury of fast forwarding it :lol: but went with a group of friends... we had great time laughing and making noise :lol: next time we will surely be banned from the theatre!

ssanjinika
24th March 2007, 10:33 PM
Shyami,
Im very very careful about what movies I watch in the theaters(esp if I am going with Ashok). I dont like to leave movies half way and he hates sitting and watching a movie he doesnt like so usually we end up having a big fight if the movie is bad( I will refuse to come out of the theater and he will refuse to sit in the theater :P).

Querida
25th March 2007, 03:24 AM
Salaame-Ishq was really long...needed major editing actually could have just focussed on Abraham/Vidhya couple and made a great movie...

Watched Hum-Tum very cute ....still have to watch cult classic DDLJ

Watched Nishabd...i really enjoyed it....very minimalistic...to the point...and sad...great performance by all...and the scenery....gorgeous!

great
27th March 2007, 11:24 PM
Has anybody seen the movie WATER :?:

maithree
28th March 2007, 12:06 AM
Salaam-E-Ishq.

Like Q said...LOOOOOOOOOONG MOVIE! :cry: I liked the overall presentation of the movie, and it was clear that the director was trying to mimic Love Actually starring Hugh Grant etc.

It was an Average Bollywood Flick. Didn't live up to my expectations though.

maithree
28th March 2007, 12:08 AM

I watched FIRE, hated it.

Then Earth, and Decided never to watch a Deepa Mehta movie ever again in my life. :P

Although I kinda wana see this one...is it any good unlike her earlier movies? :roll:

Um yeah..anyone seen it?

Querida
28th March 2007, 12:59 AM

I've watched WATER, I've watched EARTH (adapted from the novel "Cracking India" by Bapsi Sidhwa (I as always liked the book better), I didn't watch FIRE, but I really liked WATER. I highly recommend even if you leave at the end movie sad, disgusted or even angry...the message has gotten through. No one should ever be forced to live hopelessly.

great
28th March 2007, 10:25 PM
oh thanks Q, I really liked the songs and wanted to watch this movie just for ARR . I havent seen any of Deepa Mehta`s film but want to watch 1947 Earth though apart from water.

maithree
4th April 2007, 01:23 AM
I saw Eklavya. 8-)

Big B = :thumbsup:

Saifu = :thumbsup:

Vidhya Balan = :jollu:

Everyone did a good job. It had a good story, Screenplay, Dialouges, A lotta Cool Scenes...etc

But Something is stopping me from saying that it's a Very Good Movie. :? I'm not sure what...It had all the ingredients to be a Very Good film...But for some reason I can't call it that. :?

ajaybaskar
11th April 2007, 01:45 PM
Is Eklavya a hit?

coucou
11th April 2007, 03:08 PM
Fanaa, it's first time amir khan has played with kajol,...nice movie very romantic, i liked story
after RDB, it's nice one from aamir khan!!
it's first time except arr movies, in bollywood, i like bgm ans songs without picturations...songs are well shot...anyway, in Aamir Khan always song are :thumbsup:

Aamir khan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kajol baeutiful for his age :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
music :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
story :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Worth to watch!!!

maithree
13th April 2007, 11:56 AM
Is Eklavya a hit?

I think it was average. :?

Coucou,
Fanaa is one of the best movies in that genre that i've seen in recent times from bollywood! :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
23rd April 2007, 12:11 PM
Watched Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham.. When is bollywood going to stop producing such kind of movies?

Anoushka
30th April 2007, 08:30 PM
Page 3 - Good movie... needs a different taste to enjoy it!

ajaybaskar
7th May 2007, 04:09 PM
Lage raho Munna bhai-thoroughly enjoyable..

maithree
13th May 2007, 01:27 AM
Watched Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham.. When is bollywood going to stop producing such kind of movies?

U didn't like it? :shock: It was a Huge Blockbuster. :)

maithree
13th May 2007, 01:28 AM
Watched Hum-Tum very cute ....still have to watch cult classic DDLJ

Did u Notice the shades of "When Harry Met Sally" throughout the first Half? :)

m_23_bayarea
14th May 2007, 02:29 AM
DON! Nice movie... :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
15th May 2007, 12:48 PM
Bheja Fry..

Not bad..

great
15th May 2007, 10:21 PM
Bheja Fry..

Not bad..

Original french version, Le Dinne De cons is the BEST .

maithree
19th May 2007, 09:52 AM
Tararumpum: Nothing Special. Nevertheless Entertaining. 8-)

Kollywoodfan
20th May 2007, 04:40 AM
Mangel Pandey: accurate, and entertaining

Aamir Khan is just brilliant. So was Toby Stephens with his flair for hindi 8-) . Rani Mukherjee didn't really have a huge role but she was good in whatever she had. Beautiful songs. :wink:

Designer
21st May 2007, 02:40 PM
Has anyone watched "Cheeni Kam"? In what way is it different from "Nishabd"?

Wibha
28th May 2007, 02:50 AM
HUNGAMA
:banghead: :banghead: was supposed to b a comedy.but had.......100% stupid jokes :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Querida
28th May 2007, 05:14 AM
I watched "Meri Surat, Teri Aankhen" (1963) ( i guess something like my reflection, your eyes) it was the hindhi version of "Devamagan" and being an irrepressible NT fan I of course started comparing right away....(there is more of a story and distinct character in DevaM as well as three roles played by NT...)

I liked the songs in this movie very much...I highly recommend them...there is a part in one of the songs: "Poocho Na Kaise" (the sad version) sounds like the ending song "Ullathil Nalla Ullam" in Karnan which is a tear-jerking fave of mine.

"Meri Surat, Teri Aankhen" Album:
http://ww.smashits.com/music/oldies/songs/3996/meri-surat-teri-aankhen.html

Wibha
4th June 2007, 03:17 AM
baazigar......... :roll: :confused2: :cool:

m_23_bayarea
4th June 2007, 06:00 AM
DHOOM - 2! Fabulous.... Hrithik was awesome! 8-) 8-) 8-)

JAANEMANN! Very nice... Good performances from Salman, Preity, and Akshay! :D :P :D

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 06:09 AM
DHOOM - 2! Fabulous.... Hrithik was awesome! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Yeah! :clap:

Haven't seen Janeman yet.

Bay, Kalakal Avatar! :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
4th June 2007, 08:30 AM
Bay, Kalakal Avatar! :thumbsup:

Thanks Surya! That's why he's called the SUPERSTAR! :notworthy:

You look ultra-cool too! :P :P

Rocky_
5th June 2007, 06:22 PM
:notworthy: :P

ajaybaskar
8th June 2007, 03:43 PM
Bheja Fry..

Not bad..

Original french version, Le Dinne De cons is the BEST .

I see..

I have not seen that. thot this is the original version..

Anoushka
8th June 2007, 04:50 PM
Dor - the third Nagesh kuknoor film that I saw... the best of his movies! I liked it better than Teen Deevarien and Hyderabad Blues.... :)

ajaybaskar
8th June 2007, 04:53 PM
Dor - the third Nagesh kuknoor film that I saw... the best of his movies! I liked it better than Teen Deevarien and Hyderabad Blues.... :)

His Iqbal was good too..

P_R
17th March 2008, 07:30 PM
Finally watched Om Shanthi Om
Better late than never.

Absolute riot !
I didnt like Main Hoon Na much. But in this one Farah Khan and SRK nailed it. Inane, insane and pure fun. It had its dull parts too but the laughing-at-oneself outdid everything else.

The Filmfare function is just :lol: Shabana Azmi :rotfl:

indha maadhiri padam thamizh-la varadhukku konjam naaL aagum.

Anoushka
17th March 2008, 07:33 PM
PR: I saw OSO recently too and loved it to bits! :lol: And I should say Rekha still looks great! btw, how old is she :confused2: :)

the latest one I saw though was Cheeni kum ( two days ago!) and Chak De before that!

Querida
18th March 2008, 12:05 AM
I *FINALLY!!!* got to watch Kal Ho Na Ho...the songs of course were all catchy...and love the title song...you love to hate SRK with his self-scarificing act....God it was sooooooooo hard not to cry....so cry i did....am glad I finally got to watch it!

Have got Om Shanti Om and hope to watch it soon...heard it was a riot...especially (this part was improv by friends) the whole rasgollah bit!

Another great but got it late is lagaan with aamir khan....hope it's as good as the ravings were about it....

Is Jodha Akbar any good? I don't have much expectations for it, cause well Aish is like a pretty piece and Hrithik looks ridiculous in his mooch...stache...thing that is living above his lip...:p besides all that i doubt it is more than eye candy...

always
18th March 2008, 12:23 AM
PR: I saw OSO recently too and loved it to bits! :lol: And I should say Rekha still looks great! btw, how old is she :confused2: :)

the latest one I saw though was Cheeni kum ( two days ago!) and Chak De before that!

50 something :)

beauty IS rekha :notworthy:

did you happen to like cheeni kum?

P_R
19th March 2008, 12:30 AM
I *FINALLY!!!* got to watch Kal Ho Na Ho...
---------
Another great but got it late is lagaan with aamir khan....hope it's as good as the ravings were about it.... Thank You Q ! You make me feel very up to date :-)

ajithfederer
19th March 2008, 02:17 AM
Freakkin sarcastic :rotfl2: :rotfl:
Que : Idhu thevayaa :lol2: :oops: :yessir:

---------
Another great but got it late is lagaan with aamir khan....hope it's as good as the ravings were about it.... Thank You Q ! You make me feel very up to date :-)

Querida
19th March 2008, 05:28 AM

---------

hey what to do? i make Prabhu feel happy about himself, i tell the truth, you get a laugh...it's all goooooooooood :wink: :)

ajithfederer
19th March 2008, 10:26 PM
Soooooo modest that i am moved :lol2: :oops: :notworthy: :yessir:

---------

hey what to do? i make Prabhu feel happy about himself, i tell the truth, you get a laugh...it's all goooooooooood :wink: :)

Anoushka
20th March 2008, 01:38 PM

50 something :)

beauty IS rekha :notworthy:

did you happen to like cheeni kum?

My kind of movie... no violence, no unnecessary comedy, songs well blended with the movie, from start to finish in the same speed, no too many plots or characters, and ofcourse had me rolling on the floor laughing once Paresh Rawal arrived on the scene! It is sooooooo funny everytime he mentions about age when he meets Amitabh! :rotfl: and I like the bit when Tabu tells Amitabh "ofcourse he is not your age, he is younger than you, he is only 56..." :lol:

Anoushka
20th March 2008, 01:40 PM
Q: Don't worry, I am there with you! :lol: Each time I go to India, come back with a whole pile of VCD/DVDs (movies from the previous year!) and then spend a whole year to watch them, sometimes some DVDs go into hiding (or get borrowed) and don't reappear till a year or two later and that is when I get to see the movie :lol:

btw, I got mozhi this time and the DVD has gone to my Irish friend's house... I am sure she will take atleast 6 months to watch it! :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
28th March 2008, 11:01 PM
Race :banghead:

direction is horrible and pathetic! :evil:

director pub-la okkandhuttu story discussion pannirupaaru pola ivvalavu twist-a :oops: :o :shock:

Indha padatha eppadi RSS vittu vachaanga?! :roll:

bingleguy
28th March 2008, 11:41 PM
once again Chak De India :thumbsup:

bingleguy
28th March 2008, 11:42 PM
Race :banghead:

direction is horrible and pathetic! :evil:

director pub-la okkandhuttu story discussion pannirupaaru pola ivvalavu twist-a :oops: :o :shock:

Indha padatha eppadi RSS vittu vachaanga?! :roll:

aadhaayam irundhAl mattum dhaan voice koduppaangala :roll:

Sanguine Sridhar
29th March 2008, 07:10 AM
nalla nokkathoda thaan sonnen Vasanth.

Some of the scenes in this movie are too worst

One Example : Thambi avanoda wife-a annan kitta anuppuvaan [Deal-ngura perula andha ponnum othukkuva] anupina piragu annan-um/avvanoda-wifeum serndhu irrukuradha thambi live-a video-la paathu comment pannuvaan...!! :? :huh:

Anoushka
29th March 2008, 05:38 PM
enna kodumainga ithu?

P_R
31st March 2008, 06:50 PM
Finally.........Chak De India.

Easily the best sports film made in India.
Where did they pick the girls ? All of them, without exception, did very well. Especially the kid who played Komal Chautala- the wee right forward.

It had its sappy, corny and extremely pedestrian parts. Highly excusable for the overall quality of the film. Hope we see more of such films.

Shah Rukh :clap:

Indhi cinema engayO pOyiruchu !

littlemaster1982
31st March 2008, 07:11 PM

Some of the scenes in this movie are too worst

One Example : Thambi avanoda wife-a annan kitta anuppuvaan [Deal-ngura perula andha ponnum othukkuva] anupina piragu annan-um/avvanoda-wifeum serndhu irrukuradha thambi live-a video-la paathu comment pannuvaan...!! :? :huh:

No offence to PR. Just found this correlation interesting ;)

P_R
31st March 2008, 07:42 PM
உலகமயமாக்கல்ல இதெல்லாம் சாதாரணமப்பா !

ajithfederer
1st April 2008, 02:10 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl2:
Some how when reading this i am reminded of Gounders reply to kamal in singaravelan "Appo naanga ellam enna thuni thovaikkava vanthirukkom" :oops:

I presume in the hub ella hubbersum(majority) oru nalla nokkathoda than solraanga Mod sridar sir :lol2:

Meera-ssg
2nd May 2008, 12:13 PM
RACE!

Simply gripping! Dont miss it.
Oh bipasha rocks and katrina sweeps and brilliant climax!

Sinthiya
8th May 2008, 09:00 AM
Anyone seen U Me Aur Hum? :huh:...I've been trying to see the movie the past few weeks, haven't had any luck yet...:(

littlemaster1982
8th May 2008, 09:29 AM
Sinthiya, have you seen "The Notebook"? Adhai paartha idhai paarkka thevai illa :smile2:

Sinthiya
8th May 2008, 09:42 PM
No I haven't seen Notebook, yet - I bought the DVD though (somewhere at home :roll:)...
Ippadi sonneenganna new movies onnume paarkka thevayilla pola :)

ajaybaskar
16th November 2008, 02:26 PM
I strongly recommend 2 movies, Dont ever miss it.. Pl post your views after watching

A wednesday and Rock on.

Thalafanz
16th November 2008, 04:06 PM
Tara Rum Pum :)

Except for one song (with animated cartoons), I liked the movie.

Thalafanz
16th November 2008, 04:13 PM
I strongly recommend 2 movies, Dont ever miss it.. Pl post your views after watching

A wednesday and Rock on.

Simply the movie of the year!!! :clap: So realistic :bow:
My one & only argument, since it's kind of musical story, they should have gone for ARR. :yes:
Nevertheless, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy trio worked well in this flick. :)

ajaybaskar
26th November 2008, 11:12 AM
Finally.........Chak De India.

Easily the best sports film made in India.
Where did they pick the girls ? All of them, without exception, did very well. Especially the kid who played Komal Chautala- the wee right forward.

It had its sappy, corny and extremely pedestrian parts. Highly excusable for the overall quality of the film. Hope we see more of such films.

Shah Rukh :clap:

Yeah,PR...A very impressive film. Saw it again couple of days back

great
13th December 2008, 09:16 AM
How is Rab Ne Bana di jodi :?:

Thalafanz
13th December 2008, 09:18 AM

Watching today. :wink: Will come back with my review later. :)

Warden
13th December 2008, 05:42 PM
Awful :x Except for the first half hour!

Thalafanz
13th December 2008, 09:42 PM
Rab Ne Bana di jodi

Positive(s)
It's Sharukh all the way. I don't think anyone else can pull it off. :cool:
First half simply :rotfl: :thumbsup:
Nice cinematography, songs picturisations, art etc etc. (Well, this point doesn't count really as most Hindi movies score here) The grand & beautiful presentation just shows Aditya Chopra's trademark all over. :wink:
Second half will be starting to be heavy with some comedy scenes here & there. :)
Comedies are well presented as the story flows. No seperate comedy tracks whatsoever. :D
Eventhough it's yet another love subject, it is shown in a different form of story which is a big relief. 8-)
If OSO started Deepika's career in a big way, RNBDJ will be definatelty a milestone to Anoushka, a newbie. :wink:

Negative(s)
Core story which based on love. :cry:

Overall, one can just sit back and enjoy it. Not sure whether this movie will repeat the Box Office magic of Om Shanti Om. I think there is a chance. :)

great
14th December 2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the warning , I will skip this one !!

ajithfederer
17th December 2008, 12:20 PM
Rab ne Bana di Jodi

Few hiccups here and there, the movie is enjoyable and entertaining.

Could have avoided that ensemble cast song though.

m_23_bayarea
30th December 2008, 11:52 PM
GHAJINI

* Definitely a new kinda movie for the Hindi audience

* A welcome break from all the Punjabi love stories and slapstick comedies in the last few years

* A realistic action movie amidst silly stunts of the so called superstars in Hindi

* A body builder hero actually using his body and those packs to perform some action moves and not just posing as some model!

All in all, it was definitely a proud moment for me as a South Indian to see the kind of reaction from the Northern audience to a movie that has all the technicians from Tamil except the hero and a few other character artists! Aamir Khan is known to breaking the stereotypes, and here's he's done it again! 8-) 8-) 8-)

P_R
31st December 2008, 03:41 AM
Khosla ka Ghosla...finally.

Very enjoyable.

thilak4life
31st December 2008, 04:14 AM
Dasvidaniya

Funny, and touching. :clap:

equanimus
31st December 2008, 01:01 PM
Ah, yes, I missed 'Dasvidaniya' too in the theatres. Have to watch it.

crajkumar_be
31st December 2008, 05:04 PM
Strongly recommended by a colleague too...

thilak4life
2nd January 2009, 12:34 PM
Hulla - Parthachu. Oru murai parkalam. :P "Lovely little film" enbadhu noothukku nooru unmai...

Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! - Not quite sure about its overall merits yet. The narrative technique (especially the way it is shot), stunner dialogues, and understated acting (Abhay Deol) appeals instantly. Paresh Rawal is good as well (Couldn't resist imagining Boman Irani in stead, I hear voices say out-of-bounds).

Abhay Deol's choice of films in his short career is scary.

complicateur
2nd January 2009, 01:34 PM
Hulla - Parthachu. Oru murai parkalam. :P "Lovely little film" enbadhu noothukku nooru unmai...

Re posting from Tamil Films section

Many critics complained about what's actually the most obvious characteristic of the film -- that too much is made out of something that's trivial. Some reviews pointed it out so elaborately as if the film itself wasn't conscious of it!
OhO! It seems I spared myself a couple of hours of rage at the movie being misunderstood.

For all its shortcomings, it's a very remarkable film to my mind with layers of subtext seamlessly woven into an essentially absurdist narrative. padam pArththu mudichchuttInga'nnA mEla pEsalAm.
And yes, loved Kartika Rane in the film. She was a revelation here (like you, have seen her only on television before this). Sushant is of course damn good, as always. But it's Rajat Kapoor who gives the performance of the film. A very moving performance.

There is this oft-misused statement "Your freedom ends where my nose begins". Unfortunately some human beings have the penchant of constantly shifting the location of their nose and still others' noses have pinnochian(?) extension capabilities.

I loved that Raj Puri (just as everyone else in the film) is oblivious to dichotomy of civil rights and personal space. The police station scene where he is complaining about the inspector writing down Raj "Shiv" Puri but promptly proceeds to massacre the inspector's name - nicely written. Throwaway moments of humor like the signal book vendor selling Kiran Desai amidst titillating material like Debonair etc.. reminded me of the Woody Allen short story (The whore of Mensa) that Thilak (Thanks btw) recommended. Even throwaway character's like that superior receptionist at the 5-star hotel (very reminiscent of Buck Henry's role in The Graduate) are exceedingly well written.

The feel is very TV movie-of- the-week-ish but as you say it is very layered and extremely well written. That CM bit towards the end was funny but irrelevant nonetheless. I couldn't help :rotfl: at the parting shot of Mathew on the road. Black humor, as is evident, appeals to me. And yes, Rajat Kapoor as the emasculated secretary is excellent. In fact the performances uniformly elevate the movie.

thilak4life
2nd January 2009, 01:53 PM
Compli,

I had quoted this in that thread. I'm in agreement with you guys.

P_R
2nd January 2009, 01:54 PM
MithyA :-|

romba edhirpaarthutttEnnu ninaikkiREn

Nevertheless, indhi engeyO pOtittainga
absolute yardstick-la ellAm compare paNNa mudiyudhu. That itself is an achievement.

thilak4life
2nd January 2009, 07:19 PM
Welcome to Sajjanpur :| While it isn't any worse than Benegal has churned in past few years, it's still long way short from "Mandi" days. With all the talk of Bollywood treading down a westernized path, the "earthiness" much evident in the film, doesn't compensate the shortcomings of the film. The acting department is strictly OK for a SB film, Shreyas Talpade has his moments.

Nerd
3rd January 2009, 12:27 PM
Watched OLLO - Sort of a satire. Needs more than one viewing to completely absorb the film. Abhay was brilliant. Paresh Rawal was hopeless in the dad character and was OK in the Jogi bhai character. He did well as Dr. Handa. Actually the director must be applauded for *connecting* the three Paresh characters with a common theme. An intelligent film which keeps the viewers thinking. But I feel KKG is better than this one. It was more direct/engaging/entertaining.

MADDY
3rd January 2009, 01:57 PM
MithyA :-|

romba edhirpaarthutttEnnu ninaikkiREn

Nevertheless, indhi engeyO pOtittainga
absolute yardstick-la ellAm compare paNNa mudiyudhu. That itself is an achievement.

Mithya reminded me of Johny by Mahendran and a bit of Amitabh's Don........are they all inspired from a similar source???

Nerd, wat is KKG ?? aduthha vaaram oye lucky, lucky oye paarthe aaga vendum :)

PR, indhi sathyama adichhu dhool kelappuraanga......they are getting technically brilliant too and cinematographers yaarume namma pasanga illa....

aana onnu, NSG commandos-a vittu SRK/yash chopra/karan johar/farah khan ellararyum appura paduthhi sanitize pannittaangana - Bollywood is equal to any other foreign film industries 8-)

Wibha
3rd January 2009, 11:01 PM
Hum Tum- :cool:

thilak4life
3rd January 2009, 11:15 PM
Mithya is Don with a "what if" ponder. What if the stand-in suffers from Amnesia?

Nerd
4th January 2009, 12:18 AM
Nerd, wat is KKG ?? aduthha vaaram oye lucky, lucky oye paarthe aaga vendum :)

Khosla ka Ghosla. Dibakar Banerjee, director of OLLO's first film.

complicateur
4th January 2009, 01:28 AM
Mithya reminded me of Johny by Mahendran and a bit of Amitabh's Don........are they all inspired from a similar source???

Maddy, The earliest instance I have heard of this technique being employed is The Prisoner of Zenda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_of_Zenda). If I remember accurately, DD or the original Star Plus used to carry a series which I quite enjoyed watching and prompted me to read the book.

However MithyA is significantly different in that it borrows heavily from Kurosawa's kAgEmUshA (1980). kAgEmUshA reflects heavily on the identity crisis of the impersonator (far more than the other versions which are almost larks in comparison). There is also similarity in the way both movies (MithyA and kAgEmUshA) use water. A lot of the events in both happen in beachfront properties/lakefront forts. There is even similarity in the way the double ultimately loses all identity (death). I thought the water usage is significant because water (or fluids in general) are the only thing that can take the structure of anything without any loss in their core essence. So contrasting a person's inability to do as much was quite significant I felt.

thilak4life
4th January 2009, 01:33 AM
Compli, I've watched Kagemusha, I admit it didn't strike me while watching Mithya. Interesting bit on "water".

MADDY
4th January 2009, 09:19 AM

Maddy, The earliest instance I have heard of this technique being employed is The Prisoner of Zenda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_of_Zenda). If I remember accurately, DD or the original Star Plus used to carry a series which I quite enjoyed watching and prompted me to read the book.

However MithyA is significantly different in that it borrows heavily from Kurosawa's kAgEmUshA (1980). kAgEmUshA reflects heavily on the identity crisis of the impersonator (far more than the other versions which are almost larks in comparison). There is also similarity in the way both movies (MithyA and kAgEmUshA) use water. A lot of the events in both happen in beachfront properties/lakefront forts. There is even similarity in the way the double ultimately loses all identity (death). I thought the water usage is significant because water (or fluids in general) are the only thing that can take the structure of anything without any loss in their core essence. So contrasting a person's inability to do as much was quite significant I felt.

wonderful analysis.......i havent watched kagemusha (i dont watch phoren films as such) but yea, i have seen this theme in more than one movie now..........yea, his memory loss and subsequent identity loss was the high point in movie for me :bow:

Nerd, nanri hai - khosla ka ghosla was the start of this uptrend in bollywood :bow:

Querida
4th January 2009, 09:52 AM
I watched Pyare To Honi Hi Tha...Ajay and Kajol were great together...the songs were beautiful and it reminded me of Azhagai Irukirai... Bayamai Irukiradhu with Bharath...

Nerd
4th January 2009, 10:17 AM
Ghajini on big screen. Went with zero expectations and came back liking the film. Much better than the tamil version. ARM has made a few changes, which worked very well. He has done away with some silly dialogues (like the pathu digit => cellphone number), tried to justify why nobody has seen Sanjay and of course shortened the climax. Aamir was excellent in action scenes, looked very much like an animal, the body language and stuff. Really struggled in the romantic scenes. He is too old to play Sanjay, IMO. Asin was as good as she was in the tamil version and the biggest surprise was Jiah Khan. Semma figurubA. Nishabd pArthE aaganum. kadEsi scene-la Shreya azha vechittaanga. Actually I was mad at ARM for cutting kaise mujhe before her portion when they played the song for the first time. That song is one of the biggest plusses for the film. BGM for action scenes were good, and was OK for the romance part. Andha sathyan character-a keduthuttAn oru naansannss :lol:

The response was terrific, but many of my non-SI friends did not like the film. I dont think it matters, the film has already shattered many records.

Querida
4th January 2009, 10:25 AM
the biggest surprise was Jiah Khan. Semma figurubA. Nishabd pArthE aaganum.

:lol: well watch at your own risk..."take light" as miss khan says...but if you are only watching for the scene..don't worry you will be treated to some waterworks
:wink:

I'm surprised you didn't mention the difference in the ending...it was that part that almost made me go and see it...but then friends filled me in....i remember watching the Tamil version and thinking i got a bad copy and that the ending had been cut off...how wrong i was! :roll:

Nerd
5th January 2009, 12:05 AM
I'm surprised you didn't mention the difference in the ending...it was that part that almost made me go and see it...but then friends filled me in....i remember watching the Tamil version and thinking i got a bad copy and that the ending had been cut off...how wrong i was! :roll:
You mean the last scene in the Tamil version? Surya-stops car-kids cross-one little kid smiles at him? The Hindi last scene was so much better. Nice touch. And of course shreya ghoshal singing I ll remain with you forever :P

crajkumar_be
5th January 2009, 10:38 AM
aana onnu, NSG commandos-a vittu SRK/yash chopra/karan johar/farah khan ellararyum appura paduthhi sanitize pannittaangana - Bollywood is equal to any other foreign film industries 8-)
:rotfl:

P_R
5th January 2009, 10:56 AM
Apart from Kagemusha - which until compli. elaborated, I thought was something one could eat - another film may be worth mentioning here.
'Regarding Henry' by Harrisson Ford. A cutthroat lawyer has an accident/amnesia which totally changes him. He becomes mild mannered, develops a sense of fairness and justice - which becomes counterproductive at work, becomes a sensitive husband and father - which confuses equations at home.

Perhaps inspired by the Phineas Gage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage) story.

I wouldn't say it was a well made film. But the confusion in the definition of a 'person' faced by himself and others who relate to him, was very interesting. That part was quite engaging in MithyA.

crajkumar_be
5th January 2009, 11:03 AM
Compli, I've watched Kagemusha, I admit it didn't strike me while watching Mithya. Interesting bit on "water".
Ditto

P_R
7th January 2009, 08:14 AM
Johnny GaddAr :clap:

Naan thamizh padam paakuradhai vitturalaam-nu irukkEn.
Zimbly waste.

Nerd
7th January 2009, 08:56 AM
Johnny GaddAr :clap:

Naan thamizh padam paakuradhai vitturalaam-nu irukkEn.
Zimbly waste.8-)
The soundtrack is awesome too. One of S-E-L's best. Remember aggressively promoting this film among friends and also in the hub last year. Sadly it was a colossal flop. Even the critics(?) did not like this film.

P_R
7th January 2009, 09:04 AM
Even the critics(?) did not like this film.
:x
gOndhu vikkiRavan, gundoosi vikkaRavan-laam film critic.

I absolutely loved the film and I am sure I didn't catch even a tenth of its film references. Simply on the surface itself - it just such an enjoyable film.

P_R
7th January 2009, 09:09 AM
Watching another movie that seems very enjoyable.
Paused for a laugh

P1: (in a 'party' bar) ek coca cola...(pause)...on the rocks
Barstender 'fixes' him one
P1: (drinks in one gulp)...Ek air
Bartender: sambhAlkE dOst
P1: (tough look)...make it strong
Bartender: gives him a you're-the-boss expression

Unbelievably funny :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nerd
7th January 2009, 09:33 AM
:lol: JTYJN!!

P_R
7th January 2009, 12:36 PM
JaanE Tu yA JaanE nA :clap: :clap:

TFI :lol2:

thamizh-la remake paNREnnu yArAvadhu kiLambiruvaangaLOnnu dhaan bayamA irukku

PoonaiKutty
7th January 2009, 12:43 PM
Watching another movie that seems very enjoyable.
Paused for a laugh

P1: (in a 'party' bar) ek coca cola...(pause)...on the rocks
Barstender 'fixes' him one
P1: (drinks in one gulp)...Ek air
Bartender: sambhAlkE dOst
P1: (tough look)...make it strong
Bartender: gives him a you're-the-boss expression

Unbelievably funny :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was :lol: :lol: for this one "P1: (tough look)...make it strong"

PoonaiKutty
7th January 2009, 12:44 PM
My latest on Hindi was 'Rock On' ... good one :clap:

equanimus
7th January 2009, 02:11 PM
Even the critics(?) did not like this film.
:x
gOndhu vikkiRavan, gundoosi vikkaRavan-laam film critic.
Not true. The film got pretty good reviews if my memory serves me right. One can perhaps say that it was not treated with the same amount of respect as more "serious" films like 'Taare Zameen Par' were (which, to be fair to the Indian critics world, happens in all parts of the world). I absolutely loved the film. Sriram Raghavan virtually has us under spellbinding control right through the film. Add a bunch of brilliant performances (unlike most people, I thought Neil Nitin Mukesh was superb too, just that the performances besides him overshadowed his quite a bit), you've got an excellent film in all respects. It would certainly be in my 5 favourite films of 2007.

PR,
ivvLO late'A pAkkuRInga. idhellAm konjam kUda nallA illai.

crajkumar_be
7th January 2009, 02:16 PM
The soundtrack is awesome too. One of S-E-L's best. .
Yes. padam paakkumbodhu gavanikkala, ippo adikkadi keppen. Actually i've listened only to "Move Your Body" and "Johnny Gaddar".. vera edhavadhu paattu irukka?

P_R
7th January 2009, 02:36 PM
Sriram Raghavan virtually has us under spellbinding control right through the film.
ammoor pEr maadhiri irukku.
pozhaikka therinja payyan...indhikku pOyittApla :lol2:

Add a bunch of brilliant performances (unlike most people, I thought Neil Nitin Mukesh was superb too, just that the performances besides him overshadowed his quite a bit)
He was very very impressive. Both his acting and characterization were very impressive. As you say, superb performances from nearly everyone in the cast.

PR,
Chennai-la theatre-kku pOyi indhi padam paakkuradhukku 'gang' illai.
So I missed all of them in the theatre.

ippo EdhO mudhiyOr kalvi maadhiri paaththukkittirukkEn....en perseverance-ai pArAttuveengaLA....adhai vittuttu...:-)

equanimus
7th January 2009, 03:26 PM
Sriram Raghavan virtually has us under spellbinding control right through the film.
ammoor pEr maadhiri irukku.
pozhaikka therinja payyan...indhikku pOyittApla :lol2:
He's a Tamil by origin, but otherwise as Hindi as any filmmaker from Bollywood is. He grew up in Pune and went to FTII. ('Ek Haseena Thi' pAththirukkIngalla?) I think he doesn't even know Tamil reasonably well (if the Tamil of Shiva's girlfriend in the film is anything to go by). His brother Sridhar Raghavan is doing well himself as a successful screenwriter.

Add a bunch of brilliant performances (unlike most people, I thought Neil Nitin Mukesh was superb too, just that the performances besides him overshadowed his quite a bit)
He was very very impressive. Both his acting and characterization were very impressive.
Sriram Raghavan said in his interviews that he drew insipiration from Raskolnikov of 'Crime And Punishment' for the lead character. The constant sense of confusion that his otherwise stubbornly impassive face betrays does indeed look genuinely inspired by Raskolnikov. Very very well conceived and performed.

PR,
Chennai-la theatre-kku pOyi indhi padam paakkuradhukku 'gang' illai.
So I missed all of them in the theatre.

ippo EdhO mudhiyOr kalvi maadhiri paaththukkittirukkEn....en perseverance-ai pArAttuveengaLA....adhai vittuttu...:-)
OhO, adhennavO righttu dhAn. But irundhAlum... (By the way, I go alone to several movies. adhai oru uchithamAna, or at least oru nalla, pazhakkamA yArum karudhuvadhu illai. En'nu theriyalai. Whenever I go just in time for the show, I've to go looking for that lone empty seat somewhere in the middle, as some people look at me as if to say, "oh, indha seat kUda booked dhAnA... thaniyA ellAm kUda varuvAngaLA padam pArkka?!")

equanimus
7th January 2009, 03:42 PM
Yes. padam paakkumbodhu gavanikkala, ippo adikkadi keppen. Actually i've listened only to "Move Your Body" and "Johnny Gaddar".. vera edhavadhu paattu irukka?
Click. (http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/moviedetail.asp?mid=H001249)

P_R
7th January 2009, 06:56 PM
He's a Tamil by origin, but otherwise as Hindi as any filmmaker from Bollywood is. He grew up in Pune and went to FTII. Oh like that-A ?
('Ek Haseena Thi' pAththirukkIngalla?) :oops: idhukku naan aduththa vaaram badhil solREn.
I think he doesn't even know Tamil reasonably well (if the Tamil of Shiva's girlfriend in the film is anything to go by). Yeah. Reminded me of a juvenile but evergreen pun
Tamil terimA ?
poDang...Hindi terA baap

His brother Sridhar Raghavan is doing well himself as a successful screenwriter. Oh yeah. I remember reading a joint interview of these two in ToI a few years back.

(By the way, I go alone to several movies. adhai oru uchithamAna, or at least oru nalla, pazhakkamA yArum karudhuvadhu illai.

Actually whenever I stay/have stayed away from home this has been the standard and preferred move of watching a movie. Never works back in HQ where movie going somehow becomes an elaborate process.

En'nu theriyalai. Whenever I go just in time for the show, I've to go looking for that lone empty seat somewhere in the middle, as some people look at me as if to say, "oh, indha seat kUda booked dhAnA... thaniyA ellAm kUda varuvAngaLA padam pArkka?!")[/quote]

sm maddy
7th January 2009, 07:19 PM
Jaane Tu ya Jaane Na - Easily the best movie in 2008.... Songs by ARR are absolutely awsome!!!! Story in iself is great, amazing debut Imran and Genelia's acting is cool and strong!!!!

Nerd
7th January 2009, 07:34 PM
Equa,
I am a religious follower of reviews in other sites. (At least the star rating) Raja sen wrote, JG was overwritten and overdirected for most parts!!!! Don't remember what Masand wrote, but both of them gave a 3/5 for this film. Singh is king, OSO etc got threes on five. If the movie was something spectacular, they would have given it a 4/5 like they did for Aamir/Mithya this year. I thought this was a 4/5 movie easily.

Apart from those two folks, Naachgaana gave a two on five. OneIndia gave a 2.5/5. BusinessOfCinema gave a three on five. Also this movie was overlooked when it came to *awards* last year. But Taran Adarsh and TOI gave it a 3.5/5.

CR,
Dhoka (the disco song towards the end of the movie) is good and all others are instrumentals I think.

Shakthiprabha.
7th January 2009, 07:39 PM
/nerd,

ur avtar is awesome, dark, rough arrogant looking rajnikant of 80z :thumbsup: /

//dign

crajkumar_be
7th January 2009, 07:41 PM
Eq,Nerd,
Thanks [en somberithanathukku oru alave illama pochu :oops: ]

crajkumar_be
7th January 2009, 07:42 PM
Raja sen wrote, JG was overwrittenand overdirected for most parts!!!!
Appadinna? :confused2:

Nerd
7th January 2009, 08:03 PM
SP, thank you. It's from muLLum malarum.

Moving on, we have Dev.D, VB's next film(kaminEy? :lol: ), Delhi 6 etc to look forward to this year :2thumbsup:

equanimus
7th January 2009, 08:12 PM
Nerd,
Ok, I guess I'd not have looked at 3 out 5 as "didn't like the film" (though personally of course I liked it a lot more than that!). Also I've to add that I don't follow the reviews from all these quarters seriously. I just think that the general response was markedly positive for the film. It's just the larger junta that kept away.

Also this movie was overlooked when it came to *awards* last year.
This is where I completely agree with you pumping up all my angst, etc. I remember ranting to one of my friends to no end when this film was not even nominated the awards circuit last year. Mind you I'm not talking about winning, but it was not even nominated! But I guess we shouldn't even be talking about these award functions. Their criteria invariably includes the clause that the film should also be a box office success. Nothing else would explain why none of the critically-well-received-but-failed-at-the-box-office films find a place in their nominations list. Look at all the films that got *some* good response critically but weren't nominated. Chatri Chor, No Smoking and so on. They were all flops.

Nerd
7th January 2009, 08:23 PM
Equa, I admit that I exaggerated a bit but really, the overwritten/overdirected part got on my nerves :twisted:

equanimus
7th January 2009, 08:27 PM
(At least the star rating) Raja sen wrote, JG was overwritten and overdirected for most parts!!!! Don't remember what Masand wrote, but both of them gave a 3/5 for this film. Singh is king, OSO etc got threes on five. If the movie was something spectacular, they would have given it a 4/5 like they did for Aamir/Mithya this year. I thought this was a 4/5 movie easily.
I think (if my memory serves me right) Masand gave 3 stars to Aamir. (Mithya, of course, he gave 4.) It was Raja Sen who went gaga over it (and gave 4 stars). But that's the whole point we often miss. We tend to club media reviewers together as one whole when our own reactions to films are as diverse as it gets. For instance, I didn't think Aamir was that good at all. At best, 2.5 stars wonly if you ask me.

equanimus
7th January 2009, 08:41 PM
Equa, I admit that I exaggerated a bit but really, the overwritten/overdirected part got on my nerves :twisted:
romba niyAyamana kOvam, Nerd!

And by the way, I was wondering about the Raja Sen review you've mentioned because as I remember, he loved the film (besides really championing the album!). So, did a bit of web search. The review (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/sep/28jg.htm) you're referring to was written by one Mr. D Morgan. :) Here's (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/oct/08jg.htm) Raja Sen's take on the film (where after some contemplation he settled for 4 stars, in case that allays your boiling blood a bit!), which was not an official review but a piece for his column.

Nerd
7th January 2009, 08:52 PM
:oops: Thats much better. Similarly, Raja Sen missed out on (writing the official review for) OLLO this year but later gave a 4/5 in his column!

equanimus
7th January 2009, 09:01 PM
He gave it 4.5 stars, in fact. As I've said elsewhere, it's my single favourite film of the year too.

thilak4life
7th January 2009, 10:48 PM
Yes, JG is a fine film. "Ek Hasina thi" is not bad either! :P

Sid_316
7th January 2009, 10:53 PM
/dig:

Thilak Avatar/Sig chance ila "Therikudhu"! sema 8-) :2thumbsup:

end dig/

thilak4life
7th January 2009, 10:57 PM
/dig:

Thilak Avatar/Sig chance ila "Therikudhu"! sema 8-) :2thumbsup:

end dig/

Remember we're all saem blood! :D :)

Wibha
8th January 2009, 03:02 AM
Rab ne bana di jodi :sigh2: can the movie get any slower? :fatigue:

P_R
9th January 2009, 09:13 AM
Rock On

Uber sappy and superficial. But not bad at all.

directhit
9th January 2009, 09:19 AM
Behindwoods rates(not that it matters :P) Tahaan as the best bollywood movie of 2008 - remember reading thilak say he'd seen it (dont remember his comments)
how is the movie? anyone other than thilak seen it?!

thilak4life
9th January 2009, 10:47 AM
Rock On

Uber sappy and superficial. But not bad at all.

Ditto.

thilak4life
9th January 2009, 10:48 AM
Behindwoods rates(not that it matters :P) Tahaan as the best bollywood movies of 2008 - remember reading thilak say he'd seen it (dont remember his comments)
how is the movie? anyone other than thilak seen it?!

Haven't seen it, Anoop. I'm yearning to watch it. :)

MADDY
11th January 2009, 12:51 PM
revisited RangDeBasanti - unimaginable adrenaline rush on watching this movie.........Indian independence struggle is a highly voltile cum emotional story perched in our minds.......to draw a parallel to it and vow a contemporary story around it was mesmerising......Raykesh is undoubtedly my fav director :)

P_R
11th January 2009, 01:55 PM
......Raykesh is undoubtedly my fav director :)
Neenga Aks paathirukkeengaLA :lol2:

P_R
11th January 2009, 02:08 PM
Oye Lucky Lucky Oye

Disappointing.

Expected a lot from the KKG gang.

Very built-to-purpose characters, the charm thing was overplayed beyond credibility, the frivolity outdid the many many moments, really difficult to take the charecterization of Lucky seriously to feel his disappointments, loneliness etc.

The Paresh Rawal- Archana Puran Singh (how does she keep getting work ?) duo was unbearably superficially crafted/enacted.Many, many funny and clever scenes and sequences didn't string together impressively. After a point the look-I-am-smooth Abhay Deol got to me - that sank the movie.

This could have been a very impressive film: had the right conetent, parts and players. engayO sodhappittaanunga.

MADDY
11th January 2009, 11:03 PM

theatre-laye paathu, nondhu ponom - me and my frnds :lol: aana avare adha othhukittaru - Aks oru mistake-nnu.........but RDB was a cult classic.......Delhi-6 edhir paakuren but mild-a oru baed smell varudhu trailer-a paatha :lol:

* baed smell as in sodhappals in screenplay/characterisations

MADDY
11th January 2009, 11:06 PM
Oye Lucky Lucky Oye - Disappointing.

aahaa, DVD, oru full-u, kings ellam order panniyaache....ada, side dis kooda order panniyache, ippa vandhu ippadi sonna, naa enna pannuven :oops:

P_R
11th January 2009, 11:14 PM
Oye Lucky Lucky Oye - Disappointing.

aahaa, DVD, oru full-u, kings ellam order panniyaache....ada, side dis kooda order panniyache, ippa vandhu ippadi sonna, naa enna pannuven :oops:

Gang-Oda paarthA nallA irukkum-ni ninaikkiREn. Many enjoyable moments.

Nama equanimus film-of-the-year, better than MithyA appidinnu ellAm sonnadhum, naan kannA pinnA-nnu edhirpaaththuttEnnnu ninnaikkiREn.

JTYJN is the film of the year for me

Genelia: (trying to make polite conversation with her brother) You love that mouse, right ?
Brother: No....just friends :rotfl:

P_R
11th January 2009, 11:22 PM

theatre-laye paathu, nondhu ponom - me and my frnds :lol: aana avare adha othhukittaru - Aks oru mistake-nnu.........but RDB was a cult classic.......Delhi-6 edhir paakuren but mild-a oru baed smell varudhu trailer-a paatha :lol:

* baed smell as in sodhappals in screenplay/characterisations

Oh ok.
Enakku RDB-yE good-but-not-great dhaan.
So I don't have a lot of expectations about Delhi-6. Neenga ellAm paaththuttu sollunga appuram paarppOm

Wibha
11th January 2009, 11:55 PM
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na :cool:

equanimus
12th January 2009, 12:53 AM

Nama equanimus film-of-the-year, better than MithyA appidinnu ellAm sonnadhum, naan kannA pinnA-nnu edhirpaaththuttEnnnu ninnaikkiREn.
I'm quite surprised that you didn't like it that much. I actually think it's a markedly superior follow-up to Khosla Ka Ghosla in many ways.
And by the way, I don't think it's a "gang-watch" film (though my understanding of the idea itself could be quite flawed).

P_R
12th January 2009, 01:40 AM

I'm quite surprised that you didn't like it that much. I actually think it's a markedly superior follow-up to Khosla Ka Ghosla in many ways.
And by the way, I don't think it's a "gang-watch" film (though my understanding of the idea itself could be quite flawed).

Khosla characters were very 'real' and interesting.

Naveen Nischol's forced suavity (Aap broker hain ya party ?), Tara Sharma bullying him into the role, that Vijendar guy's oiliness, the brashness of Ranvir Shorey ..none of this was put-on or engineered for the sake of it. Came across as very believable. "teri to ban gayi yaar" is how Ranvir reacts to Parvin Dabas's America plan...

Cheri: abi to interview denA hai
Sister: aapka interview to achchA hi hOga

Such a naive and lovely line. How much in their simple ignorance of his folks he is enveloped in their love. Anupam Kher having to eat his own words and talk politely to Vijendar, Boman Irani shouting at his servant for not ubasarichufying the Khoslas. Everything just showed the shade of the characters more and more. Nothing seemed to be just for show. I can't say that about OLLO.

OLLO squandered too many possibilities.

In the scene where Dolly makes advances to him and when spurned talks about his "valuation" is a great scene. Starts with how she was "touch ho gayi" when he asked her if she had eaten. Then "what's Lucky's standalone value" is mentioned by Bengali, Jogi etc. too many times.

The Parsh Rawal-Archana Puran Singh story is just horribly superficial. "Goondagardi nahi karna hai" and all. What the hell !

The whole world "uses" him. Jogi to Bengali yeah fine. But Dolly's mom asking for toaster. Come on ! That was lazy writing.

The airline lounge (!) girl who pesters him about membership card tells him he has become naughty after going to Dubai and lucky replies that people like her don't let him be shareef.
"enakku ennA thONdhu naa...neengellAm EdhO dappuL meaning-la pEsura maadhri thONdhu".

The recovery scene where he gets called honest by a couple. Twistedly funny is what they were going for I guess. It fell flat for me.

His brother avoids him, uncomfortable in the drinking scene, very surfacey about how "he has not raised a family". Dolly taking it out her husband - who is caricatured.

Sonal type holier-than-thou hypcrisy, Lucky misfitting everywhere, the cleverness doing him no good but it hits us more than it hits him.....all this could have been made into a much better film.

Instead the film is a sting of funny and cool scenes and lot of steam that prevents you (I mean me ! ) from connecting much with any of them or believing them to be real.

Which is why OLLO did not impress me as much as KKG.

equanimus
12th January 2009, 02:22 AM
PR,
I completely loved Khosla Ka Ghosla. It's a delicious film in which every moment is so well fleshed out. Every single character is so well etched and no one is out there to just make you laugh. So I completely agree with you there. (On that note, am I the only one to think it's quite a take-off on The Godfather set in the great Indian middle-class milieu?)
But I found Oye Lucky a superior film in many ways and found it engaging us at many levels.

The whole world "uses" him. Jogi to Bengali yeah fine. But Dolly's mom asking for toaster. Come on ! That was lazy writing.
I think this is where my viewing of the film differs from yours. Let me take up Lucky's stint with Dr. Handa. I'm surprised that many people seem to have seen it as a story with a twist of the conman getting conned. Hardly! It's fairly obvious that Lucky is going to get sidelined in the venture. He can't even use his bank account to begin with. That's how f*cked up he is. When the inevitable happens, he isn't able to take it with silence. That's all. Even in the hotel inauguration scene, it is Dr. Handa who washes his hands off. (And why wouldn't he?) It's not suggested that his friend Bangali has simply swindled all his money. He's still trying to explain the situation to Lucky. "Lucky, samjhaa kar yaar!" That he can't afford to be the boss. He even asks Handa to take a slap from Lucky! Lucky raises his hand just to see the fear in Handa's face. (Dibakar Banerjee brings out the dimensions of the relationship the three share with each other amazingly well.) But mere money is no good for Lucky. He just wouldn't have anyone be his boss. "us ne maar liya... hum ne khaa liya... aisi hi to relation bante hain!" (What a brilliant line!) This is the lesson Lucky never learns from his acolyte. And it is in this respect he is cheated in the restaurant deal too.

P_R
12th January 2009, 11:03 AM
On that note, am I the only one to think it's quite a take-off on The Godfather set in the great Indian middle-class milieu? I think so :-)
Godfather ?! As in the Amerigo Bonasera angle ? Do elaborate.

I think this is where my viewing of the film differs from yours. Not sure what I came across as.

Handa was unsurprising as you say. When he reads the first news article and puts two and two together, you know where things are headed.

And of course Lucky's "I am the boss of me" is his downfall - but he doesn't care. The way it was repeatedly pointed out how he remains 'lowly' in the pecking order of the world, left me without an impact.

And the demands of the movie were too great. Not all of his the cool-acts are without gaping holes. They are enjoyable but aaraayakkoodAdhu. Why is it that he is celebrated chum of the cops ? Just because he is a natural-charmer ? That confused me ac)tually. It became a little of a fantasy then we are expected to 'feel' for Lucky having to bribe his younger brother to come to the wedding (as always Lucky doesn't realize the poignance of the situation he is in).

Bangali exists to be the suck-up/foil to Lucky. That seems to be the only aspect of his personality. btw who is that guy ?

MADDY
12th January 2009, 12:08 PM
CR, our worst fears have come true - with Dev.D album, Amit Trivedi has taken bollywood music far away from reach of tamil films :) .....only comedy supremacy is left with us now :thumbsup:

equanimus
12th January 2009, 01:02 PM
On that note, am I the only one to think it's quite a take-off on The Godfather set in the great Indian middle-class milieu? I think so :-)
I'm just referring to the story outline that looked to me like a take-off on The Godfather albeit set in the Indian middle-class milieu. So, the Vito Corleone here (Mr. Khosla) is a meek middle-class patriarch. Bunty Khosla is the disappointing elder son. Cherry Khosla is the second son who wants to go away. In one of the scenes even that photograph bit in the first scene of The Godfather seemed to take a different form. Cherry actually cuts away the piece of his face from the family photograph!

P_R
12th January 2009, 01:04 PM
I'm just referring to the story outline that looked to me like a take-off on The Godfather albeit set in the Indian middle-class milieu. So, the Vito Corleone here (Mr. Khosla) is a meek middle-class patriarch. Bunty Khosla is the disappointing elder son. Cherry Khosla is the second son who wants to go away. In one of the scenes even that photograph bit in the first scene of The Godfather seemed to take a different form. Cherry actually cuts away the piece of his face from the family photograph!

aamaam la !
:bow:

littlemaster1982
13th January 2009, 09:51 PM
JTYJN :notworthy: :notworthy:

Inimey subtitle illama Indhi padam paarthuttu karutthu solla koodathu :oops:

crajkumar_be
14th January 2009, 02:16 AM
Equanimus,
The Godfather connection - :notworthy:
But more than :notworthy: i have :shock:

crajkumar_be
14th January 2009, 02:19 AM
In the scene where Dolly makes advances to him and when spurned talks about his "valuation" is a great scene. Starts with how she was "touch ho gayi" when he asked her if she had eaten. Then "what's Lucky's standalone value" is mentioned by Bengali, Jogi etc. too many times.

The best scene in the movie. Stunning, actually, for me

Agree about the holes but somehow 'Lucky' made the film enjoyable.

crajkumar_be
14th January 2009, 02:34 AM
CR, our worst fears have come true - with Dev.D album, Amit Trivedi has taken bollywood music far away from reach of tamil films :) .....only comedy supremacy is left with us now :thumbsup:
Downloading and listening now...

MADDY
17th January 2009, 11:45 AM
finally got to watch Johnny Gaddar

ennathha solla :bow: the way indhi directors are paying attention to details is amazing..........the dvd i watched had Sriram raghavan commenting about most of the scenes - it was cool......

MADDY
17th January 2009, 04:04 PM
was listening to Ada tracks - i thought it would have fit Mitya movie exactly.....esp, the feel that visuals of mitya gave me was similar to feel that IShq ada(female version) sound gave me.........i know it may sound silly - but i'm just wondering if anyone else felt the same.......

MADDY
18th January 2009, 11:21 PM
welcome to sajjanpur

when school kids are making brilliant movies, can headmaster be far behind? :bow: 'thalaivar' benegal conjures up a beautiful story about a educated youth in a village with sub plots serving as satire on traditions that are still rampant in rural india - like getting dog married to a girl so that her "misfortune" goes off :rotfl:

but i almost seem to have understood all scenes and narration - must be simplest of Benegal saab's films :lol: .....i had hard time in understanding many things in zubeida :oops:

directhit
19th January 2009, 06:37 AM
Dasvidaniya :clap: :clap:

one small doubt :oops: Bollywood la indha B and C Centre ellam illayaa :confused2:

Thalafanz
19th January 2009, 06:50 AM
SalAm || NamastE - an ok film :)

MADDY
19th January 2009, 08:26 AM
one small doubt :oops: Bollywood la indha B and C Centre ellam illayaa :confused2:

their A centre multiplex audience are big enough to recover any movie.........even our tamil movies have a pretty rock solid A centre which is capable of recovering a movie upto 15cr if i'm not wrong..........but the intent to make good movies like bollywood has and corporates are still missing in tamil......

its gone for the worse with Sun pictures and Azhagiri owned production house monopolising the industry..............this is exactly the reason why kannada movies are in a state they are now.......during late70's and 80's - when new wave hit bollywood and kollywood with likes of hrishikesh mukherjee, mahendran, barathiraja, maniratnam, nasserudin shah etc - kannada movies were produced by rowdies of mandia.......they never walked front later :( .......post rajkumar's death, some good movies are being made but they are still far behind........dont be surprised if tamil industry also goes the same way....... :lol:

complicateur
19th January 2009, 08:58 AM
The first half of Mixed Doubles. :rotfl: Rajat Kapoor demonstrates his touch even before MithyA.

P_R
19th January 2009, 11:31 AM
AndAz apnA apnA
Very very :-(

I remember seeing this film as a kid and laughing.

I was trying hard yesterday to see what it is that amused me.
bayangaramAna mokkai.

P_R
19th January 2009, 02:04 PM
The first half of Mixed Doubles. :rotfl: Rajat Kapoor demonstrates his touch even before MithyA.
Just started

By the way khoon Daniel ne kiya aur Sophie bhi mar jaayegi
Thank You
:lol:

Vivasaayi
19th January 2009, 02:08 PM
AndAz apnA apnA

bayangaramAna mokkai.

is it a remake of a tamil movie

P_R
19th January 2009, 02:13 PM
AndAz apnA apnA

bayangaramAna mokkai.

is it a remake of a tamil movie

No.
It is supposed to be Landmark comedy film. Came in 93/94

Sundar C liufted Kidnapping sequences, eveil twin villain replacing Heroine's father etc from this movie to use in uLLaththai aLLiththA.
Even without comparing to UAT, I found this movie disappointing.

P_R
20th January 2009, 05:38 AM
Mixed Doubles

You don't have to be mindblowing. A simple, interesting film like this.
yEn dA seyya maatreenga ?

Starved TF Rasigan: yEn da indha maadhiri padam edukkuradhillai
Producer: Finance Tight
STFR: indha padam edukka oNNarai lachcha roova aagumA ? :x

indha padam thamizh-la eduththirundhA thamizh-naadE kondhaLichchirukkum 'ngradhu vEra vishayam. :-)

I guess I'll have to think of Hindi films as another medium altogether. :sigh2:

directhit
20th January 2009, 06:35 AM
their A centre multiplex audience are big enough to recover any movie.........even our tamil movies have a pretty rock solid A centre which is capable of recovering a movie upto 15cr if i'm not wrong..........but the intent to make good movies like bollywood has and corporates are still missing in tamil...... yeah, aanalum my q was more on the lines of do the B/C centre audience go to theatre and watch movies like lucky oye/dasvidaniya/mumbai meri jaan - or are they too looking forward to a masala and is that why Gajini became such a huge hit? :roll: edho onnu aaga motham tamil la B/C kaaranam kaatiye we'd have lots more of these masalas :x

its gone for the worse with Sun pictures and Azhagiri owned production house monopolising the industry..............this is exactly the reason why kannada movies are in a state they are now.......during late70's and 80's - when new wave hit bollywood and kollywood with likes of hrishikesh mukherjee, mahendran, barathiraja, maniratnam, nasserudin shah etc - kannada movies were produced by rowdies of mandia.......they never walked front later :( .......post rajkumar's death, some good movies are being made but they are still far behind........dont be surprised if tamil industry also goes the same way....... :lol: true. but ppl are atleast welcoming new genre of movies nowadays in tamil. chennai 28/saroja/mozhi etc come to mind.

P_R
20th January 2009, 11:25 PM
Aamir

sumaar :?

complicateur
21st January 2009, 12:04 AM
Mixed Doubles

You don't have to be mindblowing. A simple, interesting film like this.
yEn dA seyya maatreenga ?

Enna PR eduththudalAmA? :lol2:

The frustration is of course entirely justified. The honesty of the film might be, as you rightly point out, a little to heavy for the fragile pseudo-morality in TN. But let us look at what things we can co-opt:
1. The aesthetics are at best DD TV Serial - acheivable at low cost.
2. The actors are a small but excellent ensemble - something that needs to be developed but I am sure is available - no inherent star value so one can lower cost.
3. Movie length is about an hour and a half - a lot of film rolls saved.

The most important thing I think is that somewhat serious material is presented as a dark comedy. I think humor is the best way to convince an audience to be less judgemental. Balu Mahendra understood this and hence the reason for the "feel" of irattai vAl kuruvi (even though it is supposedly a take on Micky and Maude).

P_R
21st January 2009, 12:14 AM
:-|
PugazhEndhi: adhu yEn vElai illeengaLE
Aranganar: sonna udanE jagA vAngura paathiyA

I see your point about how easy it should be -market mechanics-wise to make this film. The fact that it is still not being done only seems to indicate there is no-one who 'wants' to. Hard to believe.I saw some promos for 'small films' in Tamil like this'. A film about an adfilmmaker making his first feature film. mudhal mudhal mudhal varai. Yet to meet anyone who watched that film.

P_R
21st January 2009, 12:16 AM
I think humor is the best way to convince an audience to be less judgemental.Yeah. The last scene where Ranvir Shorey "over-reacts" is hilariously funny. But our reaction is more "what the .." rather than laugh-out-loud. That is where this film works so damn well.

complicateur
21st January 2009, 12:37 AM
:-|
PugazhEndhi: adhu yEn vElai illeengaLE
Aranganar: sonna udanE jagA vAngura paathiyA
:lol: puriyuthu
Reporter: yEn saar thamizh-la intha mAthiri pada edukka mAttEngurAnga
VV (pivoting arm at elbow and making a back and forth rotating motion): ellAm intha dissance thAn kAraNam.

I see your point about how easy it should be -market mechanics-wise to make this film. The fact that it is still not being done only seems to indicate there is no-one who 'wants' to. Hard to believe.I saw some promos for 'small films' in Tamil like this'. A film about an adfilmmaker making his first feature film. mudhal mudhal mudhal varai. Yet to meet anyone who watched that film.
Yes I heard about the film too. There is another facebook group that I saw about someone making a similar attempt but with Madhavan. Also dont know how far that is going. How many people actually saw Mixed Doubles in the theatre to begin with?

P_R
21st January 2009, 01:37 AM
This guy Ravir Shorey is really something. He acts so damn well.

woh bahut experimental hai...school mein bhi science kiya

In all earnest.

His demeanour when approaching the subject to Konkana (I didn't like her in the Mr. and Mrs.Iyer film and Page 3 is one of my pet hates - but I think I have to revise my opinion of her)

His reaction when his swinging friend says he was lying

His "eagerness and earnestness" when talking to prospects

arrE peel kar kE bhi kaa sakthA hoon yaar...aise kOyi problem nahin hai :rotfl:

complicateur
21st January 2009, 02:22 AM
arrE peel kar kE bhi kaa sakthA hoon yaar...aise kOyi problem nahin hai I had to pause the video to laugh at that scene in the montage. Just hilarious. Haven't finished seeing it fully. Must get back to it.

equanimus
21st January 2009, 02:48 AM
arrE peel kar kE bhi kaa sakthA hoon yaar...aise kOyi problem nahin hai I had to pause the video to laugh at that scene in the montage. Just hilarious. Haven't finished seeing it fully. Must get back to it.
chhil ke bhi khaa loonga yaar. aisa koi compulsory nahi hai! This film has riotous dialogue (by Anurag Kashyap and the director himself). A wonderful little film. I wrote about (http://movielane.blogspot.com/2006/02/mixed-doubles.html) it in my blog at the time of its release.

P_R
21st January 2009, 02:55 AM
chhil ke bhi khaa loonga yaar. aisa koi compulsory nahi hai! This film has riotous dialogue (by Anurag Kashyap and the director himself). A wonderful little film. I wrote about (http://movielane.blogspot.com/2006/02/mixed-doubles.html) it in my blog at the time of its release.

Thanks again :rotfl:

P_R
21st January 2009, 03:01 AM
(after his film-noir debut Private Detective: Two Plus Two Plus One and the black comedy Raghu Romeo)
Have you seen these too ? How are they ?
This guy is just great.

equanimus
21st January 2009, 03:16 AM
(after his film-noir debut Private Detective: Two Plus Two Plus One and the black comedy Raghu Romeo)
Have you seen these too ? How are they ?
This guy is just great.
Yes. They're damn good too. Raghu Romeo especially is a must-watch. I'm a big fan of Rajat Kapoor. He is a little auteur of sorts. I've video copies of all his films (except 'Mithya' which I've not bought yet) in fact.

complicateur
21st January 2009, 03:18 AM
Equanimus: Thanks for that. His site seems to be down though. Raghu Romeo. Note paNNikkarEn. yArAvathu puNNiyavAn net-la upload paNNiyirukka mAttAnga!

P_R
21st January 2009, 03:20 AM
Equanimus: Thanks for that. His site seems to be down though. Raghu Romeo. Note paNNikkarEn. yArAvathu puNNiyavAn net-la upload paNNiyirukka mAttAnga! that's the movie I was referring to but couldn't remember the name, if you remember me trying to remember.

complicateur
21st January 2009, 03:23 AM
//Yes I do remember you trying to remember (romba MMKR vAdai adikkuthu) - the vijay raaz movie and me confusing it with Bombay to Bangkok etc..//

MADDY
21st January 2009, 09:32 AM
A film about an adfilmmaker making his first feature film. mudhal mudhal mudhal varai. Yet to meet anyone who watched that film.

andha ad filmmaker-vadhu andha padathha paathhara :lol:

Rajat Kapoor seems to be the man - as a calm/composed uncle in DCH to a selfish/inconsiderate upper middle class man in bheja fry.......he acted as "meghana's" dad in Jaane tu as well :clap: never knew he was a director until i came into this thread :oops: he has been making movies since 1994 as per wiki :shock:

Tarana (1994)
Private Detective: Two Plus Two Plus One (1997)
Hypnothesis (1998)
Tonight No Show (2000)
Must Tell Her... That I Love Her (2001)
Jojo and the Chair (2001)
Raghu Romeo (2003)
Mixed Doubles (2006)
Mithya (2008)

Mithya being his dream project it seems 8-) .......

P_R
21st January 2009, 09:41 AM
Hypnothesis ! - pErE vithyAsamA irukkE :-)

idhula sila pala padam namma equanimus kooda pAkkalai pOla :lol2:

I have seen him atleast twice in Mumbai watching films in mainstream theatres by himself. Jobless students going to midnight shows or day shows in the Adlabs in Andheri/Malad. That time we only knew him as the guy who came in DCH and Monsoon Wedding. thaniyA popcorn sAptukittu padam pAthukittu iruppAr.

Then
GM : enna dA thinging ?

Now
VV: appuram..pA.....set-la EdhAvadhu sillarai vElai EdhAvadhu irundhA sollu.....naan paakkuREn

MADDY
21st January 2009, 09:47 AM
Hypnothesis ! - pErE vithyAsamA irukkE :-)

idhula sila pala padam namma equanimus kooda pAkkalai pOla :lol2:

I have seen him atleast twice in Mumbai watching films in mainstream theatres by himself. Jobless students going to midnight shows or day shows in the Adlabs in Andheri/Malad. That time we only knew him as the guy who came in DCH and Monsoon Wedding. thaniyA popcorn sAptukittu padam pAthukittu iruppAr.

Then
GM : enna dA thinging ?

Now
VV: appuram..pA.....set-la EdhAvadhu sillarai vElai EdhAvadhu irundhA sollu.....naan paakkuREn

:rotfl: idhukku mela eppadi paa thalli nikkuradhu

btw, i remember Ranvir shorey and Vinay Pathak as VJs only, are they from theater? (reminds me of bala's timing - ennada periya theater-u, naanga paakkadha theatre-a-da :rotfl:)

Nerd
21st January 2009, 09:58 AM
Seen Raghu Romeo couple of years back. Terrific film. Compli, try this link (http://www.jaman.com/movie/Raghu-Romeo/0UCHDTwUR3NY/)

complicateur
21st January 2009, 12:17 PM
NanRi hai Nerd. Innum oru vAraththukkuLLa pArthhu mudichchAgaNum!

P_R
21st January 2009, 12:27 PM
Oho !
Withdrawal syndrome-kku therapy ellAm pArththu vachchikkunga :lol2:

complicateur
21st January 2009, 12:41 PM
//dig.

Oho !
Withdrawal syndrome-kku therapy ellAm pArththu vachchikkunga :lol2:
:lol: nInga vEra frind oruththan Feb 28th Playboy mansion masquerade ball ticket vechchikittu innum oru mAsam irukka bayangaramA tempt paNrAn. orE kustamappA! end dig.//

P_R
23rd January 2009, 05:01 PM
en kaNNe pattudichchi

Bheja Fry

Bad

And what's annoying is, it could have been a simple good film and they bothced it up completely.

equanimus
23rd January 2009, 05:46 PM
en kaNNe pattudichchi

Bheja Fry

Bad

And what's annoying is, it could have been a simple good film and they bothced it up completely.
Somehow many people refer to this film as a sort of "Rajat Kapoor film" (much to the irritation of the fanboy in me). He was just an associate producer of the film. It was produced by Sunil Doshi (Handmade Films) who also produced Kapoor's Mixed Doubles.

thilak4life
23rd January 2009, 10:17 PM
A plagiarized product, but I found it alright. Vinay pathak does it for me. (OTOH Ranvir sucked ass)

P_R
25th January 2009, 02:23 PM
A plagiarized product, but I found it alright. Vinay pathak does it for me. (OTOH Ranvir sucked ass)
Even Vinay Pathak was quite annoying. Not in the he-is-meant-to-be-annoying sense. The whole movie was just superficial, unimaginative and stupid.

Plagiarized vEraiyA ??? Let me guess, some British stage play ?

Nerd
25th January 2009, 02:35 PM
Plagiarized vEraiyA ??? Let me guess, some British stage play ?
No, a French film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119038/). Havent seen Bheja Fry but I liked the original.

MADDY
25th January 2009, 11:38 PM
Bombay to Bangkok by nagesh kukkunoor...........very bad :oops: never expected this from a nagesh movie :cry:

Slumdog Millionare - i consider it as bollywood masala movie, hence posted it here......must say, we have beating around the bush a lot, such movies would have elevated us a long time back..........

Thalafanz
28th January 2009, 07:46 AM
Chandni Chowk to China

First half - ok
Second half - reminds me of 80's Jackie chan movies (trained by old man for avenge).

MADDY
2nd February 2009, 09:16 AM
Mixed Doubles :rotfl:

bala eppavume oru paatta kettuttu - yaana nenjula midhichha madhiri irukku-nnu solluvaaru, aana indha padathha paathuttu yaana ------- midhicha madhiri irundhudhu :rotfl: sorry, i couldnt control :rotlf:

sarna_blr
2nd February 2009, 10:56 AM
Gajini..... Ameer has done a decent job..... especially wn he is mottai boss, he rocks :clap: :clap:

Climax is better than Tamizh version :)

overall an entertainment movie

AR Murugadhaas.... namma aalaachchE :bow: :bow:

who dubbed for Asin.... I felt like Asin dubbed for herself :? she is looking gorgeous :shock:

sarna_blr
2nd February 2009, 10:57 AM
Goal - ok movie .... but bipashapasu :tongueout: enna figure'u :smile2: enna structure'u :bow: :bow: reminded me Rajini's old song... nalla katta naattu katta :yessir:

Nerd
2nd February 2009, 09:00 PM
Yaarum luck by chance pAkkaliyA? It's getting rave reviews..

Thalafanz
4th February 2009, 08:24 AM
Dasvidaniya :bow:

A simple story executed in a touching way. Vinay Pathak :thumbsup:

Anyone knows who played the saleswoman character??? :?

Nerd
4th February 2009, 09:15 AM
Dev.D is releasing this weekend :clap:

MADDY
6th February 2009, 08:18 AM
Dev.D is releasing this weekend :clap:

has got 5 stars in times rating 8-)

Nerd
6th February 2009, 08:44 AM
has got 5 stars in times rating 8-)
WOW. Found the web version (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/moviereview/4082878.cms). :clap: :bow:

Thalafanz
6th February 2009, 09:33 AM
Mumbai Meri Jaan

The film has peeped into people's lives and shows their level of suffering/trauma close to our heart.
One can feel the Evano Oruvan's trademark here and there. Nevertheless, great direction and amazing performance by everyone. :)
Leaves a great impact. :cry2:
Nishikanth Kamath :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Wibha
7th February 2009, 01:54 PM
Socha Na Tha :) :D

First half was amazing. second half got a little slower and repetitive.. :)

thanks compli

MADDY
7th February 2009, 02:11 PM
my frnd watched DevD, says it is too dark and tragic (pinna devdas padam kaamediyaava irukkum) but said, even the best of tamil cant match anurag kashyap :shock: engayo poitttaanaam

nichhayama padathha pakkanum - title card-la amit trivedi-kku oru clap poduradhukkaagavaavadhu :D

Vivasaayi
7th February 2009, 03:32 PM
my frnd watched DevD, says it is too dark and tragic (pinna devdas padam kaamediyaava irukkum) but said, even the best of tamil cant match anurag kashyap :shock: engayo poitttaanaam

nichhayama padathha pakkanum - title card-la amit trivedi-kku oru clap poduradhukkaagavaavadhu :D

unga friend apdithana solluvaru MADDY..idhula enna periya aacharyam

MADDY
7th February 2009, 06:15 PM

vikki, hold - u r crossing ur limits

Vivasaayi
7th February 2009, 06:26 PM

vikki, hold - u r crossing ur limits

idhuthan limita..ritu!

Nerd
7th February 2009, 09:05 PM
I heard opinions like Dev.D is the best of kashyap. This coming from someone who lived all AK movies and who considers No Smoking a great film. Looks like second half is filled with songs backed by stunning visuals. Amit is damn lucky. I can't wait to watch but it ain't released here.

crajkumar_be
7th February 2009, 11:29 PM
Might watch it tomorrow

Flying Taurus
8th February 2009, 02:23 PM
Anyone here watched Dev D :huh:
Howz the movie, getting contrasting reviews

directhit
8th February 2009, 04:13 PM
Mixed Doubles :P Ranvir and Konkana :clap: :clap:

Nerd
17th February 2009, 10:50 PM
Luck by saans. The charecterizations and the cameos were superb. Anurag Kashyap's and SRK's especially. Farhan acts quite well and Konkona was superb. Kollywood is one up so far. Have not seen Dev D, but we have nandhalAlA which will release soon.

VENKIRAJA
19th February 2009, 10:00 AM
A Wednesday is in IMDb's top 500: 7.9 at somewhere around 300s. And Dil Chahtha hai is close by. :bluejump:

ajithfederer
19th February 2009, 12:23 PM
A Wednesday.

ssanjinika
20th February 2009, 12:02 AM
A Wednesday