PDA

View Full Version : DISH NETWORK VS. DIRECT TV VS. CABLE

NEHA1222
6th December 2006, 03:49 PM
I just wanted to know which of the following options are better,
Dish Network, Direct TV or Cable? I also want to know which one is better in quality, programms, channels, and indian channels. How are the packages? and which one is over all worth getting?

Braandan
7th December 2006, 04:26 AM
For an average Indian it all depends on cost, that is first whether he can afford it, next what is being telecast.
For Indians living overseas, they have to depend on dish network if they want to view their home channels. Direct TV is always free, and hence used to view local news and sports etc. Cable television is more costly (at least in Australia: I pay about $50 monthly for Foxtel, which is a cable television, where as only $43 for SunTV which comes thru the dish). But cable television gives you a lot of choices and also pay-per-view facility.

narayanan
11th December 2006, 09:58 AM
If you are in the US, I feel Dish Network is the better of the lot, especially if you want Indian channels. The only flop side is you should have a clear view to the southern sky, otherwise dish can't be installed.

ganspb
12th December 2006, 01:38 AM
It depends on what you want.In my opinion SunTV programs are not suitable for audience who do not want to watch the Serials.If you want Serials only then Suntv is the choice,because from morning to night you get only that on that TV.
If you want to watch variety programs Vijay is the best.There are tons of programs and a few Serials.In my opinios Vijay is thousand times better because I hate Serials.
Moreover with Direct TV you get free DD-India where you get Live news twice a day.

neelabasker
21st February 2007, 08:54 AM
May be the new technologies may eat up all the above three.. i like watching via internet IT IS CHEEPER!
check it out www.channelflipper.com

NB

aanaa
22nd February 2007, 09:33 PM
as evreyone says
1. budget
2. your interest
3. your location and whats available
4. cheap intrernet TV also available - NUMTV/ jaya Tv, etc.
check here also http://www.lyngsat.com/index.html for the channels listing

Surya
17th March 2007, 04:08 AM
U can get Star Vijay, The other Star Channels and NDTV (LIVE) with Direct TV> 8-)

aanaa
17th March 2007, 08:25 PM
thanks Surya
but we got dishnet
its Ok now