PDA

View Full Version : || Delhi 6 | Rakesh Omprakash Mehra | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Pages : 1 [2]

littlemaster1982
3rd February 2009, 11:42 AM
Thamizh,

Don't bother. He just wants to spoil the fun.

thamizhvaanan
3rd February 2009, 11:43 AM
Genda phool is my new favourite :musicsmile:

ajaybaskar
3rd February 2009, 11:45 AM
Rehna Tu takes me to a new world... like wat Newyork Nagaram did to me...

littlemaster1982
3rd February 2009, 11:46 AM

The song starts from 40th second for me. The groove starts when you least expect it, leaving you awestruck :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
3rd February 2009, 11:47 AM
Thamizh,

Don't bother. He just wants to spoil the fun.

:lol:

thamizhvaanan
4th February 2009, 09:26 AM

The song starts from 40th second for me. The groove starts when you least expect it, leaving you awestruck :notworthy:

My fav portion is towards the end, its something as simple as street calls, but it is beautifully mixed to produce a groovy tune. Super :)

ajaybaskar
4th February 2009, 10:53 PM
An interesting twist....

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/84378/hits-that-were-missed-masakalli-was-for-an-srk-film.html

A.ANAND
5th February 2009, 11:15 AM
'Delhi-6 is much bigger than Rang De Basanti'

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2009/feb/04slide1-rakyesh-mehra-on-delhi-6.htm

A.ANAND
5th February 2009, 11:24 AM
'Delhi-6' is a journey within: Rakeysh Mehra

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/interviews/delhi-6-is-a-journey-within--rakeysh-mehra.html

A.ANAND
5th February 2009, 11:26 AM
-EDITED-

Ramakrishna
5th February 2009, 06:32 PM
-------------

A.ANAND
6th February 2009, 11:13 AM
sorry!some technical problem :lol:

SoftSword
11th February 2009, 01:37 PM
Rahman still working on Delhi-6 background music

IndiaFM | Wednesday, 11 February , 2009, 12:38

Barely two weeks away from release and Delhi-6 still doesn't have its full background music. AR Rahman, whose schedules went haywire due to the unscheduled commitments in Los Angeles for the Golden Globe, has been working frantically to meet the deadline.

While the film's songs quickly move up the charts, the background music still needs to be fully completed. Holed away from public eye in his studio in Chennai, Rahman has been burning the midnight oil trying to get the music in place. On Thursday night, Rakeysh flew to Chennai once more for portions of the background music.

But will the film now be able to release as schedule on February 20? There seemed to be no sign of panic in Rakeysh's attitude.

"As far as I'm concerned we're on. The background score is nearly done. I'm flying down with one reel that needs looking into. And the mixing is now on. When it's Rahman, you know the pace and by now you're used to it. And look at the songs. The connect that they've found with listeners is amazing. T-Series is not able to keep with the supply order. I personally feel the background score is shaping up even better. In fact, we plan to release a separate album of the background."

But with a huge release planned for February 20, Rahman's genius is really cutting it close. And not every filmmaker would be as patient and enamored of Rahman's genius as Rakeysh Mehra.

============================================
background music being released in a cd :redjump:

ajaybaskar
13th February 2009, 10:07 PM
Kala Bandar video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahf2y1fv8Mc

Yathu
13th February 2009, 11:38 PM
Why isn't Ember Rap mentioned in the credits of Kala Bandar?

jaiganes
14th February 2009, 01:47 AM
Why isn't Ember Rap mentioned in the credits of Kala Bandar?

oru comedykaaga ....
frankly edam irundhirukaadhu.
inimel arisila taj mahal varayaraapla, ellaar perayum pottuttu, koodave oru boodha kannaadiyum kudukkanum.
edho ponaa povudhennu paavam ivar aarambichaar - ippo ennaadaanna ration card kanakka paer ezhudidraangappa.
end my comedy.

ajaybaskar
14th February 2009, 07:27 PM
Oru seriousnesskaaga...
Giving due credits to all ppl associated with the song/album was not even thought by any MD before. Its the magnanimity of the musical mahathma that has made us know who Naveen, Sivamani, Samidurai is... I think these ppl deserve it for the magnificient work they do..

Yathu
14th February 2009, 09:27 PM
Oru seriousnesskaaga... Giving due credits to all ppl associated with the song/album was not even thought by any MD before. Its the magnanimity of the musical mahathma that has made us know who Naveen, Sivamani, Samidurai is... I think these ppl deserve it for the magnificient work they do..

End of seriousness. :lol: :thumbsup:

irir123
14th February 2009, 10:06 PM
Laurel and Hardy dance to MASAKALI from "Delhi-6" -)) perfect timing and movements - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeEIhpnBYfw

Yathu
15th February 2009, 01:32 AM
Laurel and Hardy dance to MASAKALI from "Delhi-6" -)) perfect timing and movements - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeEIhpnBYfw

:lol: :goodidea: 8-)

jaiganes
16th February 2009, 10:00 PM
enga graamathula Delhi - 6 25th release. I am going...

littlemaster1982
17th February 2009, 01:04 PM
[tscii:acd792f5c5]Via Naachgaana (http://www.naachgaana.com/2009/02/16/delhi-6-review/#comment-170164)

Manhattan’s Museum of Modern Art served as the glamorous venue for last night’s world premiere of Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s much anticipated Bollywood spectacular Delhi 6, starring Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor. In addition to the director and composer A.R. Rahman (who is currently being showered with awards for his score for Slumdog Millionaire), the luminous stars were on hand to greet the crowd.
Though the film is a love letter to the Chandni Chowk area of Old Delhi, New York City was chosen for the premiere because Delhi 6 opens on the Brooklyn Bridge, and one of its best sequences is set in a Delhi-fied Times Square of the mind.

But the story of Delhi 6 moves east swiftly: when his beloved Grandma (veteran actress Waheeda Rehman) resolves to return to India, the amiable Rochan (Bachchan) decides to go with her. His homecoming to Delhi’s zip code 6 is an opportunity for a colorful portrait of both the area and its inhabitants: Rochan discovers an extended family with competitive uncles and prankster kids, neighbors separated by thin walls, the local town idiot, the money lender, the lower-caste prostitute, the abusive police chef, the mad fakir — and a mysterious threat known only as “the black monkey.”

And of course, there’s the girl. Lovely Bittu is played by newcomer Sonam Kapoor, daughter of Anil Kapoor (whom you may know as the game show host in Slumdog Millionaire.) With dreams of appearing on Indian Idol and an arranged marriage in the works, Bittu likes to escape to the roof, where she occasionally performs song-and-dance numbers with the pigeons. All ten songs by Golden Globe and BAFTA winner and Oscar nominee A.R. Rahman are joyful and diverse, partaking from a wider number of styles than his Slumdog soundtrack.
Whimsy and a generally warm mood inform most of the character sketches and handsomely shot vignettes of local life during Delhi 6’s first half: reverse-culture-shock jokes, a lavish production of the story of Ram and Sita, a visit to the Taj Mahal, and a cow giving birth in the street. In the film’s final hour, more serious themes — unwelcome traditions and smoldering religious hatred — come bubbling to the surface and erupt into a Do the Right Thing climax that took me by surprise.

Maybe the runaway success of Slumdog Millionaire will inspire western audiences to sample more authentic Bollywood fare; with its first-rate music, world-class stars, and postcard-ready views of India (not to mention the relatively reasonable running time), Delhi 6 presents an especially welcoming option.

http://worldfilm.about.com/od/bollywoodfilms/fr/delhi6.htm
[/tscii:acd792f5c5]

ajaybaskar
17th February 2009, 09:03 PM
So ARR is done with his BGM for D6....

pure bliss
18th February 2009, 02:14 PM
Rakeysh ON ARR while talking about Delhi 6

We've seen Rakeysh Mehra have a strong penchant for music. Is it Rahman, Prasoon or all you three together?

What an album, isn't it? Of course it is A.R. Rahman and Prasoon Joshi. I don't have lip sync songs in Delhi 6. If you've noticed, in Rang De also, I didn't have anyone singing songs. For me, the sound of the film, whether it's the background or the songs, is the fourth dimension. It's never upfront. It's like a soul in the film which you cannot see but can only feel it. You can also see the energy of the soul. The songs interpret the film and take it forward in their own way. Me, Rahman and Prasoon jam a lot. Three years ago, while I was making Rang De Basanti, I was already speaking Delhi 6 with them. We keep talking, meeting and discussing as to what's happening with the world, chat about music, watch a movie and in the process, something starts happening. I keep telling them a story and every time I tell them, it's a different story. I try very hard to confuse them and they think I make some sense.

Isn't A.R. Rahman making your job tough by not being there in the crucial and a critical stage of the films release?

Rahman called me half an hour after he received the award at the BAFTA's and said, "I am feeling so guilty by not being there. Anything you feel irritated about the background score, just change that". He just returned last night from the U.S. He landed in Chennai, was talking to his engineers and was so worried about the music of Delhi 6. In fact, the background score is much better than the songs in Delhi 6. Background is the film. What we tried for the background was that we didn't score for the shot. We just sat and spent the whole month of December and not a single sound came out. Everybody was getting worried. Then Rahman won the Golden Globe, came back and he again sat and bits and bits happened. At one point, I and Rahman were discussing to postpone the release date of Delhi 6. We still couldn't crack the background. So we decided to crack theme on the subject of the film. Not on some particular scene. Rahman went into a different world all together after that. He played all the instruments that were available to him and just went for it. He came up with ten themes and at one point we were confused of what to use. He is a true magician. When we put the theme with the scenes it would start and end perfectly. Can you believe it?

from bollywood hungama

SoftSword
18th February 2009, 02:47 PM
Rakeysh ON ARR while talking about Delhi 6

We've seen Rakeysh Mehra have a strong penchant for music. Is it Rahman, Prasoon or all you three together?

What an album, isn't it? Of course it is A.R. Rahman and Prasoon Joshi. I don't have lip sync songs in Delhi 6. If you've noticed, in Rang De also, I didn't have anyone singing songs. For me, the sound of the film, whether it's the background or the songs, is the fourth dimension. It's never upfront. It's like a soul in the film which you cannot see but can only feel it. You can also see the energy of the soul. The songs interpret the film and take it forward in their own way. Me, Rahman and Prasoon jam a lot. Three years ago, while I was making Rang De Basanti, I was already speaking Delhi 6 with them. We keep talking, meeting and discussing as to what's happening with the world, chat about music, watch a movie and in the process, something starts happening. I keep telling them a story and every time I tell them, it's a different story. I try very hard to confuse them and they think I make some sense.

Isn't A.R. Rahman making your job tough by not being there in the crucial and a critical stage of the films release?

Rahman called me half an hour after he received the award at the BAFTA's and said, "I am feeling so guilty by not being there. Anything you feel irritated about the background score, just change that". He just returned last night from the U.S. He landed in Chennai, was talking to his engineers and was so worried about the music of Delhi 6. In fact, the background score is much better than the songs in Delhi 6. Background is the film. What we tried for the background was that we didn't score for the shot. We just sat and spent the whole month of December and not a single sound came out. Everybody was getting worried. Then Rahman won the Golden Globe, came back and he again sat and bits and bits happened. At one point, I and Rahman were discussing to postpone the release date of Delhi 6. We still couldn't crack the background. So we decided to crack theme on the subject of the film. Not on some particular scene. Rahman went into a different world all together after that. He played all the instruments that were available to him and just went for it. He came up with ten themes and at one point we were confused of what to use. He is a true magician. When we put the theme with the scenes it would start and end perfectly. Can you believe it?

from bollywood hungama

Yathu
18th February 2009, 06:44 PM
Flashback:

Intha sentence-a neenga epavo, engeyo sonnamathiri iruku SoftSword.

SoftSword
18th February 2009, 06:52 PM
Flashback:

Intha sentence-a neenga epavo, engeyo sonnamathiri iruku SoftSword.

yeah...
he is a real magician IMO

pure bliss
19th February 2009, 07:55 PM
Delhi-6: Good follow-up to Rang De Basanti

Arthur J Pais | February 19, 2009 17:54 IST

Thousands of people in Chandni Chowk watch with intensity as the
Ramayana [Images] unfolds on stage when their attention is suddenly
jarred by the appearance of a local politician in saffron clothes, who
makes a spirited speech and disappears. The sequence, shot by director
Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra [Images] in his consistently inventive, funny,
entertaining and life-affirming cautionary tale Delhi-6 [Images], is
highly comical.

But like most of the funny scenes in the film -- including the frantic
search for the kala bandar (black money), who is reportedly harassing
the citizens of Delhi -- the Ramayana scene is also linked to the
darker situations that unfold in the film's last quarter.

Delhi-6, which had its world premiere in New York on Sunday, was
greeted well by the audience. Word-of-mouth is crucial in letting the
word spread when the film opens on February 20, that it rewards those
who are not seeking instant gratification. All the episodes, which may
seem isolated in the beginning, are seamlessly brought together in the
second half.

Mehra says he wanted to show the film without an intermission but the
distributors cautioned him that theatre owners would decide to have a
break on their own.

The new film does not offer many complicated stories as those found in
Mehra's previous hit, Rang De Basanti [Images], but this film is a
worthy follow up to its predecessor.

Abhishek BachchanIt may look like the film centres around Roshan (a
thoroughly engaging Abhishek Bachchan [Images]), born and raised in
America, who returns to Delhi to leave behind his ailing grandmother
(Waheeda Rehman [Images]). He falls for a free-spirited but conflicted
woman (Sonam Kapoor [Images]), who is preparing to become next Indian
Idol [Images].

But the film is not just about two young people. It seeks to capture
the bigger picture of a neighbourhood. Its episodes capture a raft of
conflicts involving families, politicians and two religious
communities, Hindus and Muslims. The film creates a wonderful world of
a vast neighborhood in old Delhi. But its concerns -- including how
the fear of the black monkey is manipulated by one community to punish
the minority community -- have wider implications.

As Mehra says of his episodical film (written with lyricist Prasoon
Joshi [Images]) that while it is firmly centered in old Delhi and is
filled with local colour, its concerns are universal.

Despite Abhishek and Sonam's romantic entanglement being a major part
of the film, its appeal is enhanced by half a dozen glorious
performances. Mehra deftly exploits the comic talent of Vijay Raaz
[Images], who is far more amusing here than in Monsoon Wedding
[Images], as the pompous, corrupt and opinionated police officer. And
then there is Rishi Kapoor's [Images] character, who cannot forgive
himself for not having had the courage to declare his love years ago
and who will now make sure that Roshan won't make the same mistake.

A scene from Delhi-6There is hardly a character in the film who is not
anchored to the film, and Mehra ensures that even a small gesture adds
to the film's proceeding.

Sonam Kapoor, who showed ample promise in her debut film Saawariya
[Images], not only looks alluring but has also grown into an actress
of subtle power. Whether she is doing a comic scene, or dancing to the
feisty Masakali song or executing an act of rebellion against her
family's plans for an arranged marriage, she hits the right notes. It
is indeed not an easy thing to hold your own in a film filled with an
admirable ensemble cast.

Among the many amusing scenes that are also illuminating is the one
that begins with dadi (Waheeda Rehman) suddenly taking ill. She is
being rushed to a hospital in a cycle rickshaw much to the frustration
of her grandson Roshan who is perhaps thinking the care she would have
gotten in America. The rickshaw is stalled as hundreds of people have
gathered to see a cow in labour in the middle of a road. The event has
religious significance. But Roshan is petrified; he wants to get his
grandmother to the hospital the soonest. He sets out to disperse the
crowd and by the time he manages to do it -- you have guessed -- the
grandmother has disappeared. We then see her gingerly walking towards
the cow. She has more than recovered, and her heart is full of piety.

Mehra and Joshi do not ridicule her faith. But the sequence also
serves as a powerful reminder of generational and faith gap between
two people who love each other, and who can indeed tolerate each
other's opinion.

The climax, which also involves the black monkey, has been
imaginatively devised but nevertheless, it is a bit labored. However,
it also serves as a good moral ending and could send viewers home in
a happy mood.

Rediff Rating: 4/5

jaiganes
20th February 2009, 04:38 AM
how have the songs been used in the movie - adhai pathi oru commentum illaiye reviewla - dhanda review..waiting for Raja Sen's

ajaybaskar
20th February 2009, 09:51 PM
[tscii:d27dce7fc9]Delhi-6 Movie Review

Review by : Harish V

Starring: Abhishek Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor, Om Puri, Atul Kulkarni, Divya Dutta
Direction: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
Music: A.R. Rahman
Production: Ronnie Screwvala

Now comes a biggie, Rakesh Omprakash Mehra after the revolutionary Rang De Basanti comes up with his new film Delhi- 6. Rahman did his bit by giving some exceptional tunes and quadrupling the hype. Will this America to Chandni chowk work at the box-office or atleast find place in the hearts of millions as Rakesh's last movie?

This movie can be compared to Ashutosh Gowarikar's Swades in more ways than one as Ashutosh took that movie after the stupendous success of Lagaan and though

Swades was a good movie it didn’t come close to his last movie and after the show we have exactly the same reaction on Delhi – 6.

The story is about an NRI who comes to his homeland to leave his dying grandmother and falls in love with the people around him. But his life is not going to be easy as the antics of a Monkey man turns the colorful people in the community grey. Will the hero be able to save the day? Or will he return back to US and stay off these troubled streets? Watch it yourself.

With such a wafer thin story line one has to work heavily on the presentation and Rakesh does that but not fully. Diverse people form the community - the middle class heroine who wants to become an Indian idol, flirty photographer, a rich-man who has a weakness for women, a strict no joke father, two naughty and adventurous kids, a joyous and fun-filled jelabi vendor, a sadhu whose antenna can connect to gods’ signals, a helpful loser who is taken for granted by everyone, a grandma who is ready to walk to get the blessings of the Holy cow when she has low blood pressure and just fainted, a rich person who lives his whole life cherishing the love that he lost, an untouchable but righteous woman, a Fakhir who always goes by with a mirror asking people to see the inner-side and many more forms the community. And then there is this Monkey man- who just jumps from one house to another hardly hurting anyone but becomes a dangerous monster thanks to the media hype and the people who use him to get out of their wrong doings. But the director takes more than half the film to draw the character sketch of all and makes you a little fidgety.

Rakesh Omprakash Mehra has many grudges against the society, and Rang De Basanti is a proof of the angry man inside him. For his next movie I presume he would have noted down all his grudges in a notebook and tried to choose one but as he was as confused as the heroine of the movie and decided to incorporate all the social issues he can think of and made a single story. Be it untouchability or silly superstitions or the media's thirst for controversies or communal disharmony or woman trade in the society or improper bringing up of children, he has dealt with everything in this 2 ½ hour movie. It does entertain and many scenes deserve applause like the scene involving Ramayan drama. It is a delight to see how Rakesh has incorporated Ramayan in the story and almost all the scenes of Divya Dutta who plays the role of the chirpy cleaner is neatly done.

Technically the movie boasts of a premier work behind the camera by Binod Pradhan, his work, especially the kaala bandar first person deserves more than just some statue. The dialogues are crisp and works fine with the mood of the movie. The art direction needs a pat on the back as we hardly can believe that the whole Chandni Chowk shots are shot on sets. Music is the high-point of the movie with Rahman not just scoring big with the songs but sweeps one off their feet with an international quality background score. The lyrics by Prasoon Joshi are equally brilliant. Editing by P.S.Bharathy is first-rate and the 'Dil Kare Daftan' work is something which has to be seen to be believed. A dream sequence which is a mix of the past and future of the protagonist has many hidden and inner meanings and is shot brilliantly.

Acting is of high order with Abhishek bachchan coming up with a cool performance, Rishi Kapoor, Divya Dutta, Waheeda Rahman and Atul Kulkarni are as natural as you and me will ever be and that is the highlight of the movie. All the other supporting casts do their work with dignified brilliance and the two kids are a riot. But on the downside again would be the heroine Sonam Kapoor, who has the power of extracting laughter in an emotional scene which is bad news for this beautiful two film old actress. There is also a surprise special appearance by Amitabh Bachchan which is good.

On the whole the movie is an account of Rakesh's grudges against the society, though the intentions are noble the final product does leave you a lot to be desired. Even though the movie will satisfy the audience in more ways than one this social satire looks like a half baked collage of many vital social issues.

Verdict: A decent follow up to Rang de basanti

[/tscii:d27dce7fc9]

A.ANAND
21st February 2009, 10:27 AM
MAKING OF DEHLI6 SONGS

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/85912/notes-of-delhi6-making-of-the-films-music.html

littlemaster1982
22nd February 2009, 07:07 AM
how have the songs been used in the movie - adhai pathi oru commentum illaiye reviewla - dhanda review..waiting for Raja Sen's

Rakeysh Mehra didn't do justice to the songs except Dil Gira Dafatan. That one was mindblowing. Disappointed :(

ajaybaskar
22nd February 2009, 08:14 AM
LM,paathuteengala? Padam epdi irukku?

littlemaster1982
22nd February 2009, 08:23 AM
Yeah Ajay. I simply didn't get the movie. Too many things were going on for me to understand (language was a barrier). The review you have posted (Harish.V) is perfect.

MrIndia
22nd February 2009, 03:38 PM
Its a lovely movie...
more closer to us than rang-de-basanti.
I love the way director moves the story.

will write a detailed review later. i dont want to post a spoiler

i wish people have the patience to get the theme at the end.

i remember somone said what crazy situation is there for kaala bandhar song.. hehe.. whole movie is abt it. :D

rahman did justice by not overdoing the bgm.. when direction is this gud, bgm is be supportive and not try to complicate things.

a more meaningful movie.

Mahen
22nd February 2009, 04:44 PM
Delhi 6...Not as good as RDB but its worth watching..Rakesh comes up with another message-laden film..Delhi 6 touches on many issues i.e religion,culture,humanity,superstitions,caste etc..I'll never forgive Rakesh for wasting ARR's fantastic songs.. :evil: Ellame comes in bits in the bgm...Picturization of dil gira was brilliant...

Mahen
22nd February 2009, 09:14 PM
Dil gira...Mind blowing picturization
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6htNiDs83s

lancelot
2nd March 2009, 03:32 PM
watched the movie on Saturday and thought it was brillient, the concept was very nice and it was a very colourful movie... damn good.

loved the was he had used the songs to blend with the movie.. just like in RDB.

was very impressed with it

hehe
:D

ajaybaskar
5th March 2009, 11:32 PM
Watched D6 couple of days back.

Dil Gira compensated for the 40 bucks that i paid for the ticket. Otherwise, I would advice the fellow Rahmaniacs to stay away from the movie..

Yathu
6th March 2009, 03:59 AM
Ajay, what about the BGM? Is your dislike of the movie based on ARRs songs not being properly used or is it the story line?

Thalafanz
6th March 2009, 06:09 AM
watched the movie on Saturday and thought it was brillient, the concept was very nice and it was a very colourful movie... damn good.

I saw the whole movie in reddish and dark. :roll: (Must be the screen/roll problem... :? )

Yeah, nice concept but I think the screenplay failed to impress most of the audiences... Just my opinion. :)

ajaybaskar
6th March 2009, 08:05 AM
Ajay, what about the BGM? Is your dislike of the movie based on ARRs songs not being properly used or is it the story line?

BGM was superb as expected. But the movie fails miserably bcoz of its screenplay. I never expected this from ROM, atleast after watching RDB.

lancelot
6th March 2009, 09:15 AM

I saw the whole movie in reddish and dark. :roll: (Must be the screen/roll problem... :? )

Yeah, nice concept but I think the screenplay failed to impress most of the audiences... Just my opinion. :)

i think most people didnt understand, and were left wondering at the end. its not a simple easy to understand movie, there are some complex issues that are being dealt with, and if you manage to understand them, youll love it

just my opinion :)
hehe

lancelot
6th March 2009, 09:19 AM
Watched D6 couple of days back.

Dil Gira compensated for the 40 bucks that i paid for the ticket. Otherwise, I would advice the fellow Rahmaniacs to stay away from the movie..

i agree that Dil Gira was the best pictured song, may be the only pictured song, but then i kind of expected that kind of thin in Delhi 6 because he almost did the same with RDB, the songs were embedded into the movie, there were not separate song sequences.

i actually loved that, helped with moving the story along

also thought the BGM had its great moments, i cant really put my finger on it, but i remember going "hmm thats a good piece of music.." :)

hehe

Thalafanz
6th March 2009, 10:02 AM

BGM was superb as expected. But the movie fails miserably bcoz of its screenplay. I never expected this from ROM, atleast after watching RDB.

Yep, same pinch.

jaaze
6th March 2009, 10:05 AM
Were the songs used properly?

Thalafanz
6th March 2009, 10:07 AM
Were the songs used properly?

To me, yes. :) But, picturisations innum konjam better-A pannirukalAm enbathu ennudaya thAzhmayAna karuththu. :)

Yathu
6th March 2009, 11:56 PM
Ajay, what about the BGM? Is your dislike of the movie based on ARRs songs not being properly used or is it the story line? BGM was superb as expected. But the movie fails miserably bcoz of its screenplay. I never expected this from ROM, atleast after watching RDB. Ow cool, thanks for clarifying!

vijayr
27th March 2009, 03:19 PM
I dont post often here these days or even get to read posts. But wanted to make an exception as far as Delhi-6 is concerned. I was surprised to find this thread almost pushed to the archives. And its not that long since the film released. If Rahman could grab a couple of Oscars for SM, he probably deserves a shelfull for this album. If Masakali is probably the best peppy number I have heard in a long time from ANY MD, Dil Gira Dafatan's music and picturization is so soulful and surreal that you marvel that it could be in the same album as the former. Irrespective of the fate of the film at the BO I wish Rahman and Mehra would work together more if the result is going to be as good as this.

Masakali, dil gira dfaatan, Rehna Tu are my picks but Genda Phool, the Maula song and the Bade Ghulam Ali khan mix with Shreya are good too besides others.

Scale
27th March 2009, 06:48 PM
Welcome back vijayr :D

Yathu
28th March 2009, 02:34 AM
vijayr, you describe Dil Gira as "soulful & surreal" & it's exactly that! Couldn't have put it better myself!

D6 really is a gem of an album. Dil Gira & Rehna Tu are immortal numbers. They demonstrate ARRs genius greatly.

Ariziyan is also a great number. Truly rewarding if you can handle its duration. Javed Ali & Kailash Kher :notworthy:

Scale
1st April 2009, 01:37 PM
I liked it... Brilliant movie! More on Indian films thread (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1742271&highlight=#1742271)...

Scale
1st April 2009, 01:48 PM
Well about the songs used in the movie it doesnt disappoint me at all may be for those who havent watched RDB. Thats ROM working style and I dont crumble for that. If ARR has to work with him again one thing I can warrant you all is 10 songs sure! :)

MADDY
2nd April 2009, 09:00 AM
Well about the songs used in the movie it doesnt disappoint me at all may be for those who havent watched RDB. Thats ROM working style and I dont crumble for that. If ARR has to work with him again one thing I can warrant you all is 10 songs sure! :)

and only 2 will be used in the movie.........Scale, tell me honestly, why the heck did that guy "get" a "rehna tu" for this movie :x

Scale
2nd April 2009, 11:08 AM
I was expecting this well before

What an album, isn't it? Of course it is A.R. Rahman and Prasoon Joshi. I don't have lip sync songs in Delhi 6. If you've noticed, in Rang De also, I didn't have anyone singing songs. For me, the sound of the film, whether it's the background or the songs, is the fourth dimension. It's never upfront. It's like a soul in the film which you cannot see but can only feel it. You can also see the energy of the soul. The songs interpret the film and take it forward in their own way.

There are lip sync both in RDB and Delhi6 but his style is very clear the songs are used just as a handtool.. ARR & PJ knew this very well and its their extended works for audio market. Somehow ARR also seams to enjoy this to choice up for a loads of variety. 1 intro verses, 2 peppy, 1 prayer/devotional, 2 western romantic, 2 sentimental, 2 arabic/folk/classical. Lukkachuppi, khalbali, roobaroo, masakali (pigeon), rehna tu are ARR's musical themes not that ROM could have stressed for such songs.... The same case with SDM also.. The trend is changing!! ARR BGM potta maadhiriye theriyalai if you have watched Yuvraaj or JA. Every scene have a BG score. The reason could be he was extremely travelling just to grab awards and thats why the movie got delayed

Scale
2nd April 2009, 11:23 AM
But I have to say that ROM picturizes the songs extremely well :clap: :clap: My pick is RDB title track..:)

united07
4th November 2009, 01:39 PM
Rakeysh to make Mirza Sahiban next; also plans to release new version of Delhi 6

The script for Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's next film is almost done. "Actually it's a couple of scripts and I will choose from them," says the director.

He admits he is in all probability making the period romance Mirza Sahiban next. But the original cast Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor may change. "The moment you write with actors in mind you restrict them and yourself. So I'd rather wait until the script is finished before casting."

Rakeysh showed the new-cut version of Delhi 6 at the Venice Film Festival on September 9. "The kind of reception I got in a 1600-seater theatre, was unexpected. It was meant to be only one screening. But they suddenly decided to screen the film on the closing day of the Festival which is very prestigious."

Now Rakeysh intends to release the new version of Delhi 6 (with Abhishek Bachchan's character dying off) in India very shortly.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2009/11/04/13433/index.html

Kumarappa
28th February 2010, 12:03 AM
Ennappa yaarumE kandukkalayaa...award mazhai thodarkirathu!

ARR wins Filmfare for Best Music for Delhi-6! :clap: :2thumbsup:

Absolutely deserved! 8-)

Also Mohit Chauhan and Rekha Bharadwaj got awards for best playback singers for Masakalli and Genda Phool respectively! :thumbsup: So far only awards for D6! 8-)

ajaybaskar
28th February 2010, 12:13 AM
Ennada...Aalilladha kadaiyila yaaro tea aathuraangalaennu paarthen.. :-)

Kudos to Thalaivar... don't forget... This is Thalaivar's 25th filmfare and that too in 18 yrs.

Sunil_M88
24th June 2011, 08:42 PM
Click on my signature to read my take on Delhi 6