PDA

View Full Version : Nedumudi Venu-

padmanabha
15th December 2006, 09:09 PM
[tscii:8b8373c515]An actor par excellence, Nedumudi Venu CAn EASILY BREATH LIFE into any character, with exuberance and zeal, providing new dimension and depth to the character. The veteran actor, no doubt has an unmatched dignity and stature.

Discerning viewers will recall his performances in VIDA PARAYUM MUNBAE, THAKARA, RACHANA, CHITRAM, MINNA MINUNGINDE NURUNGU VETTAM, BHARATHAM THAEN MAAVIN KOMBATHU, ISHTAM, ARIMPARA, MARGAM, NERKKUNERAE, SAIRA, NOTTAM ETC. EXCERPTS FROM THE INTERVIEW: (INDIAN EXPRESS:18-09-04)
Venu has chalked out a strategy to survive.
I am an actor by profession. IT IS MY BREAD AND BUTTER. So I act both in commercial and sensible films. If you analyze my performances in the last three years, I was able to act in such films with the right character.

Rajiv Vijayaraghavan and Murali Nair offered Venu entirely different characters.
“I had not seen MUrali’s earlier works like MARANA SIMHASANAM AND ORU PATTIYUDE DIVASAM. I went through o v vijayans Arimpara once again and wondered how it can be made into a film. It is about Krishanunni who has an ugly wart which is highly disturbing. When I read the script, embellished with visuals, I realized the potential of Murali. HE IS AWARE OF COSTUMES, lighting, art, make up, sound music etc. He is highly disciplined. The film was shot as per sequence and I could build up emotion gradually” SAID Venu.

“Salim the make man has worked with kamal hassan and created an ugly wart for me. As per the story the wart grew in size. IT BECAME TOO LARGE THAT I could not even open my mouth” laughs Venu.

“I had not read PITHRU THARPANAM BY Sukukmaran. Initially the script disappointed me. Rajiv convinced that every thing will be alright, soon I was reluctant, but once the film progressed, I could see VENUKUMARA MENON-THE CHARACTER FACE TO FACE” EXPALINED Venu.

In all his films viewers could see his flair of grasping even the minutest details, of character and dialogue.

He still maintains his passion for theatre. Yes when avanavan kadamba was staged last year, it took me to the 70s.

Regarding the freedom to improvise, improvisation should have a positive effect. In anyan I did the role of Vikrams father.
In Tamils the producers are not bothered about the investment. They have market in SINGAPORE, Malaysia, and japan. The director was taking a 300 ft shot. It exceeded 16 takes! I told sankar, that we would make one Malayalam film with what you have spent for a shot.

“Sensible films never reach theater. Such film as a package should be screened in colleges” said concerned Venu.

Is actor venu is posing threat to himself?

He has to perform put better performances every time.

“This is what makes me survive. I am always on the look out of better roles. I have no dream roles. We see plenty of characters around us. They are in my mind fresh and are just a click away.”

This shows that his versatility is still to be explored.

[/tscii:8b8373c515]

bingleguy
15th December 2006, 09:25 PM
He is really an EXCELLENT actor !

raagadevan
6th April 2007, 07:44 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/04/06/stories/2007040600490200.htm